Speaker 1: It's nice eyes. I'm Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, al, thank you so much. I appreciate it. Brian Johnson, I couldn't remember. I almost said Brian Jones, but I knew that wasn't right. Brian Johnson, Lead Center of ac DC. Welcome back Night Side again Friday Night. You never know what's going to happen, like you have. This is what happens. Is your book a guest? All right, and you really are excited about having the guests, but you know, Rob, the guest forgets the get Are you in like the coat room of a restaurant? Sam Metler?
Speaker 3: If I had a coat, I'd probably be in there.
Speaker 2: I don't want to keep you too long, buddy, what restaurant are you at?
Speaker 3: You got me? I'm done? Oh you're done.
Speaker 2: Oh you're done. You're in the car. You're in the car.
Speaker 3: Yes, I am dan?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, Well that's cool. How Susie.
Speaker 3: Susie is wonderful. You'll get it.
Speaker 4: This is a radio show. You it's supposed to be me one on one.
Speaker 2: No, dude, now I want to talk to Susie. No, never mind, I'm kidding. Sam. You have to understand when I get behind him, like now, I've been doing this too long. Like whatever happens happens. I don't have time for rules. I really don't. It doesn't matter. I hope you had a nice dinner, my friend, I really do.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 4: I almost swore, but I won't because I'm a professional.
Speaker 2: You're a professional. Okay. Look, so I'm looking at the numbers. I come I come back from Vegas. Down fifty bucks, just down fifty bucks. It's all. I'm looking at the numbers of this presidential race, and everything's pretty much dead. Even are you surprised it happened as quickly. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not because it's fresh.
Speaker 4: It's well all putting up putt in quotation marks young. Yeah, because of course, you know, if we're grading this on a curve, Gamala is practically practically infantile compared to well, both her president and the former president. Uh so that's a big deal. It's a woman, it's a woman of color. And now the Democrats are energized because they've got someone to be energized about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and coming up with the bucks, coming up with the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I mean that debate.
Speaker 4: And the interviews he had after the debate did not help, and it took so many folks intervening, right, I mean, the most powerful politicians in this country. We're begging him, please please please give us the keys.
Speaker 3: Well you're done.
Speaker 2: President Obama doesn't get more powerful than that. Sure, sure, you know this is crazy, Sam, Sam, I have to energeer. This is crazy. It really, this shows where we are. It was President Obama and George freaking Clooney.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well they say that Washington is Hollywood for the ugly.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right. Yeah, because look a lot of money, a lot of money comes out of Hollywood, including was representing that money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I know a lot of money has now started to flow back in, right because the donors said, uhh.
Speaker 3: He's there.
Speaker 4: No, you know, and they shut the first string and you know now you know they're opening them up again. And this is a honeymoon. I still want to see what they do in the convention, and I want to see how she does it a debate, because the Democrats are great at screwing things up.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 4: They shoot themselves in the foot so often. Not that the Republicans, but you know the Republicans, you know, they.
Speaker 3: Stay on script.
Speaker 4: Right, Trump is nowhere near a true conservative.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Trump is Trump, He's there for him. He doesn't care about policy, he doesn't care really about anyone but Trump. So and he is vicious if you cross him. And so everyone has gotten in line, sir and saluting. The Democrats don't do that. The Democrats fight constantly about who they are and who they want and and and perfect. They want perfect, right, They won't compromise on a lot of legislation because they want perfect and as the Democrats big problem, they just can't agree on anything. And you've got Wolke factions that you've got moderate factions.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're a perfect example of that. I mean, you consider yourself a moderate, and quite frankly, that's why you're back on the show because I enjoy your your your viewpoints and your objectivity. But you're right about the Democratic Party is it's kind of two parties in one. Because when I grew up in the Godo state of Maine, you're a Democrat if you were a laborer and you had strong family values and you know, you fought in the war, it had a strong military, and you weren't the rich guy you know who owned the mill. You were the laborer in the mill. Now you have people who are moderates and they want to be fisically conservative and they want to be fairly liberal socially. And then the far left is just completely different. So you're right, it's almost like we have three parties. It too happened to be under the Democratic label.
Speaker 3: I'm a moderate, so I hate everybody carry that's a good way to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's awful. You've got these two tribes on far sides and and and people with common sense are just lost. And the Democrats have lost the unions and the working then, right, that was their bread, but it was And now they're looking at Trump as some kind of hero.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care about them. He does not care about no.
Speaker 3: By the way, it neither is common right.
Speaker 4: I mean, she she is very left, very right, and and she might turn out to be more moderate because of the general right, but this is a woman who, you know, after being a prosecutor, right, said she wanted to defund the police. I mean, that's a bad way to go, right. And I talked to a friend today, right who was definitely very strong democrat, has been aggressive all of her life, right, and has a kid that last year at a high school party, had three guys beat him to within an issue of his life with hammers. Jesus right in a hospital for two weeks. And these kids were not prosecuted because they were minors. They didn't there's no there's no juvenile hall anymore, right, so there's no place for them to go. So these kids got away scott free. And I mean, yes, crime is down. People want to out that crime is down, but it's not down to before COVID, right, it's down since Biden's first year in office, but it's up for you know, from you know, six years ago way out.
Speaker 2: So were these were these kids even tried.
Speaker 3: Yep, Oh my god, nope, nope.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. I don't, I I just I can't. I can't comprehend that was there any chance for civil litigation.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: They they didn't have the means to I understand, canned over any.
Speaker 3: Kind of money to this kid.
Speaker 4: I mean, thank god, these are friends and they're of means, and so they're able to you know, again, he's you know one by now he's great. Uh, you know, this is over a year ago. But and this is the family that you know as well, And this is a family. Uh, uh, San Francisco. But they're part of our you know, part of our friend group. And yeah, it's I mean, this is the problem with uh, some of the far left woke stuff.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I've I mean, I've had discussions with people who who want to replace cops with social workers.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry it's gonna work. It's so far down the line.
Speaker 4: You know, when someone's stabbing you, you don't want to ask them what kind of childs that they had?
Speaker 2: Right? No, you well, if they're stabbing you, I think you know what kind of child would they have? But what what you don't want to say is, oh, do you need a hug?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: And the thing with with Kamala is that you know, and she's got you know, uh, she's got a big problem with the border, right because they made her borders are right.
Speaker 2: She never she didn't go there, right, you.
Speaker 4: Know, She's they tried to spin it that she was going to be investigating the root causes of migration.
Speaker 3: What I mean I have.
Speaker 4: I have two words for her, poor and desperate.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you don't need to investigate it any further.
Speaker 3: What do you need to know?
Speaker 4: And and there is a big difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration. And you know, God forbid, I was in that situation, you know where I wanted to go north and find safety and find a job and you know, get my kids. You know, American, Uh I can, I can understand it, but you know, we just we can't afford it, and we're having a hell of a time stopping it. And uh that's that's uh definitely going to be an area that and you know was Jumps was the big talk with the wall and and she's gonna have an issue with.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no. Trump wanted Mexico to pay for it. Yeah, right, you forgot about it. See to me, look, I understand the immigration is a mess, but I think it's always been a mess. Yeah, and it's it's it got worse. There's no doubt she didn't do anything about it. But but with Trump, I you know, you also have families and fathers and daughters and you know, parents and kids being separated, and it's never been great to me. I mean it's always been a problem.
Speaker 3: Gary.
Speaker 4: That was under Obama too, they were separating kids.
Speaker 2: Well and I don't as fine, thank you for correcting me. Fine, I don't I don't like it. There's gotta be a there's gotta be a more humane way than this. I don't understand it. Well, I really don't get it, Sam, and I want to hang on you gotta hang on it. I have to take a break. I want to get into this in a minute. Okay, Garia, Sam will solve the border next to WBZ.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Garyan for Dan tonight. Sam Methlicks joining us political competation. What's that?
Speaker 4: Do you really have a window to the world over there?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have a window to Medford, which is fine. I actually I have a window to window to Medford, and then I can look over to the left and I can see Boston, I can see the brew and I could see if I open up the shades, you know, but too lazy to do that. Sam Miller's joining us here, comedian, producer, writer and just political guru in my eyes. All right, let's talk about let's talk about the border, because maybe I just oversimplify this. I don't understand what is so hard about it? Now. It's not cheap, Believe me, I understand that. And I understand we're talking about a lot of land, but I just get the feeling that nobody really wants to deal with it. Nobody really wants to take it on because I I is it that insurmountable? Am I making it very uncomplicated?
Speaker 4: Yes, you are, Gary, because Congress doesn't want to do anything period. And I had this discussion the other night with somebody, and sorry, I'm moving to abortion for a second. Obama had a supermaturity. There was a time where Clinton had a maturity, and they could have made abortion the law of the land, right and not leaving it to roversus Wade, which was not the best decision.
Speaker 3: Gary.
Speaker 4: It was really those Supreme Court justices were making law right, which is not what they're supposed to do. They're supposed to read law and interpret law. And so we're where we are now with abortion because both parties don't want to pass anything because it gives them stuff to run on.
Speaker 3: Right, so that they had.
Speaker 4: A border, they had a compromise border agreement, right, Yes, Donald Trump told the Republicans, don't you dare pass this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: They didn't want to give Joe Biden a win, so they didn't pass it. Right, And the same thing with abortion. I mean Democrats have been running on abortion since Roe v. Wade has been passed, right, and they haven't done anything in law to codify it.
Speaker 3: It's both sides everything, you know.
Speaker 4: This is why there needs to be term limits and compress right, because no one wants to pass anything because you know, God forbid they lose a vote.
Speaker 2: Well, the election cycle is it's just it's infinite, Yes, it is, It's infinite. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: You know, three terms terms in Congress done. I mean you had Diane Feinstein, who is well worth, you know, worse off than Biden was right, she shouldn't have been there. Well, I mean, god remember a strong sermon.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yes, yes, I do, Yes, I mean I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure he was alive his last term.
Speaker 2: Well, the problem is is in order for that to pass, you have to have the people pass it who have the cushy jobs.
Speaker 4: You know, you need term limits so someone can say, you know what I went in and the and the small time I went in. I didn't care about my re election because I knew I always going to be here for a finite amount of time, So I wanted to pass a law.
Speaker 2: It's never going to happen. I hear you, and you're right, but it's never going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: If if the Congress scared about the country, they fast term limits, you know, they'd also pass the laws that makes the investment their investments. I mean, oh my lord, there's insider trading going on.
Speaker 3: All over the place. Do you wonder how these congress people get rich?
Speaker 2: Oh I don't wonder. No, we don't wonder. That was the royal you yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no, we don't. Look. Would you take a look? I've always would Would you take a look at what a senator or a congressperson makes? And then I go, huh, really, I go, they wouldn't be sticking around if that's all they would pull be pulling in. I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 4: That Hey, go ahead, go ahead, you know.
Speaker 3: You go.
Speaker 2: So, if you were Trump, would you debate her?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's your strategy?
Speaker 4: I know what Trump's strategy is?
Speaker 2: That's what I mean? What's Trump? What is Trump's strategy?
Speaker 4: Poke a hole in all of the Well, first of all, let's let's let's just uh state the obvious and stay away from race.
Speaker 2: And he's not doing a very good, Sam, he's not doing a very good job at that.
Speaker 4: Talk about disgusting, I mean, I mean not that they were very welcoming, right because the first question, I mean, they're looking to beat the hell out of them, right, which wasn't very fair. Certainly wasn't treating him like a former president. But the other thing for him to talk about her blackness.
Speaker 2: And what you're talking about the interview with Rachel Scott.
Speaker 3: It's disgusting.
Speaker 4: He wasn't really no I'm talking about I'm talking about well, yes, yes, I'm talking about the Convention of the Journalists of Color Black where where he yes, she's not black. I mean, pretty disgusting.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt. But this is this You and I both agree. You and I both said this. If Trump loses, it's because it's going to be because of stuff like this.
Speaker 3: Oh sure.
Speaker 4: I mean that was worse, way worse than Joe Biden telling people telling black people, if you don't vote for me, you ain't black, right, which was pretty trick and terrible. I mean, the media didn't really give him the hard time he should have had to say, right, But it's far more personal and far more disgusting, and it's like he can't help himself.
Speaker 3: He has to go to the lowest blow.
Speaker 4: He can deliver, and she'll come out smelling like a rose that you know, there's that that old saying, never wrestle with a pig, because all you do is get money, and the pig loves it, right, And that's that's what it is like debating with Trump. But she is not the best debater, and she's not the great at extemporaneous stuff. I mean, I mean there are interview groups of her laughing for questions or her repeating the same bad lines over and over again. So if if I'm him, absolutely I want to debate her, and I just go out to the records.
Speaker 3: Go after the record. But she's got suspect stuff in there.
Speaker 2: But she doesn't really that's fine, But she doesn't really have a record, does she.
Speaker 3: Oh, sure to fund the police. That's a record.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a record. Yeah, no, we talked about that.
Speaker 3: I was, yeah, yeah, order order, that's a record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go after that.
Speaker 4: You know, I mean, she was the prosecutor and then you know, prosecute a tough prosecutor, right, which, by the way, is something she should lean on. Being a law and order you know, president.
Speaker 2: That's why they defund the police. Is such a contradiction of terms, Like, I don't get it. I never understood that. How do you be a tough prosecutor? Then follow that.
Speaker 4: Line, yeah, well, because it's you're a politician, and do you think that your tribe needs to hear certain say from you?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So okay, so if you're Trump, you go after her, if you're now here's here's one of the things I wonder about because the dumbing down of America. Hillary Clinton was obviously a very intelligent person, that's indisputable. Terrible politician, terrible candidate. Kamala is more likable than Hillary her like, yeah, just as a person. You mentioned the smiling and the laughing and the whole brat thing that we talked about. Could that carry her through the debate? Because look, if Trump would go after Hillary, I don't know if people had a lot of compassion for Hillary if he goes after him, if they go right, if they go after Kamala, are people going to feel bad for Kamala? And is he going to look like the bully? In other words, what I'm trying to say, in a long winded way, is her personality and smile enough to get her through a debate.
Speaker 4: No, no, not without me, not without you know. This is and this is the thing is she hasn't really told the country what she's for. She's told the country who she's against, right, And.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the way to go because no, no, because let me tell you something, Sam for you the person who follows it. But people vote for emotion. I mean, look Trump, the Trump faction. Look, he's not really there to fuck you. Trump could say anything, and if you are a Trump person, you're not changing your mind period. It's just just not happening. And I wonder, what's that? I yes, right, but if you're if you're anti Trump, maybe her way to go is to just keep pointing at all the all the problems with Trump, so it takes the the attention off of her.
Speaker 3: Gary. That just preaches to the convergence.
Speaker 4: When you're dealing with independence, when you're dealing with swing states, and she's doing well with swing states now.
Speaker 3: But she hasn't done anything right.
Speaker 4: She's just not She's not Joe. She is is filled with energy and that has started to energize people. But if you're looking at independence, you you've got to say something more than Trump is weird, right, I mean that's the new thing is Trump is weird. But frankly com is weird, Right, She's not. I mean, like, I don't see her as of Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan type or even w who are folks that you could sit down and have a beer with or play golf with. Right, She's she's got that. There's a certain amount of staid awkwardness that she has that Trump doesn't have. By the way, but no, Sammy, I met Trump.
Speaker 2: I met him on the sideline at a Patriot game.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: You know, he was not running for president then, and we interviewed him. We had we interviewed the Gresha and I interviewed the guy he was. He was a TV reality show guy. And we were like, hey, he's Trump. Bye, he's great. Look at the Donald. He's got the wife, He's going to get the helicopter. He lands the helicopter in the back, he comes in. You know, he's got the whole thing down. I mean, I wasn't afraid of him then the way I'm at afraid of him now. But he certainly can be more personable to somebody, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean he is not all there.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, but but he's okay with that.
Speaker 4: But he is more natural, yes, yes, and the way he talks than she is, that is correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I actually want to bring up something JD Vance said.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need you because he's Sammy, He's next time I listen, we want to get to that. Next I have to take a break. Sam Metler's with us talking politics with my boy from the Left Coast. Uh, finishing up right here on WBZ right after this, you're on Night Side with Ray. I'm WZ Boston's news Radio. Welcome back Nightside, Gary Tangway for Dan tonight talking with Sam Mettler from the Left Coast, writer, producer, stand up comedian, friend of Gary and political So let's get to the vps. You were starting to talk about jd Yes, mister, he doesn't like women without kids. What else you got?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, this is and and I'm going right there because Gary, the last US president without children was James Madison? Right, number four?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: What number four?
Speaker 2: Number four? I give you credit, Sam, I did not remember that. I just I just you made me think of Dolly Madison. But anyways, go ahead, yea I.
Speaker 3: Looked it up.
Speaker 4: Gary, you think I knew that off the top of my head. So yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: A long time it is.
Speaker 2: And yes, I.
Speaker 3: Got to tell you listen, JD.
Speaker 4: Doesn't that I put it the right way? Trump doesn't matter put anything the right way. Republicans can sound so freaking mean, can't they? They really can. And sometimes they say something that, if just put another way, wouldn't sound so awful or terrible or.
Speaker 5: Demeaning or what have you.
Speaker 4: But Gary, I think there's a big difference between a woman who's had children and a woman who hasn't had children. And that may be an awful thing to say, but most people in this country identify with someone that knows what it's like to bring up kids. And I do think, I do think that's problematic because I don't know. You know, when you've got the most important person, the CEO of the country, who's going to tell you what his or her plan is for the children of this country, and speaks without authority, what's so or experience, I think that's a demerit. I think it's a few demerits.
Speaker 2: Can't she talk about the fact that she's been a stepmother.
Speaker 4: When we're the married, I did not bring up the kids. She didn't bring up the kids.
Speaker 2: Care right, But can she say that she is an a face, she has a family with kids. Can she use that at all? No?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think that passes the smell test.
Speaker 2: I mean, but do you think were there, like it's your points? Will take it, Sam, But my god, even with Clinton, you know, there there are so many things now that we let go with our candidates where yeah, was Clinton kind of a pig? Yes he was? But the economy good? You know? Does she understand what it's like to be a mother? Is she a smart as Hillary?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But she's not Trump? You know, I mean, are those things do? Are people willing to let those things go?
Speaker 4: She is not Trump? Is not a great slogan.
Speaker 2: You don't think so, don't you know?
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm not him is not You have to sell yourself, you really do. And I mean it's not that it's it's not that I'm not Trump. Doesn't work with folks that already hate Trump, right. I mean, when I hear I'm not Trump, I say, oh good, right, But that also doesn't help me when I want to know who she is and what she stands for what are Garret?
Speaker 3: Can you name a policy?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, No, that's the problem. No, you're right, you're right. She does not. She does not have any playing she does not a platform right now. Maybe she's going to announce it at the convention. Okay, maybe, I don't know, all right, just saying you get look, you gotta do something during that three or four day party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's it's there's.
Speaker 3: A lot of shell game happening.
Speaker 4: And like when when people are talking about Biden's age, they kept talking about what he's done, right, they weren't talking about the now right, and she keeps talking about what we have done right? And yeah, they had a big spending bill on infrastructure. But I mean they talked about forgiving student loans. Now I'm not I'm not for that. I think people that have scrimped and saved and and paid off their college debts, you know now see people who just get them erased. I don't think that's fair. What's whoever?
Speaker 2: But Sam, did you know? I I agree with you too, But wasn't that not the whole loan? Wasn't that just the interest or was it the whole I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, they I mean no, Biden absolutely said that they were going to forgive student loans.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: No, it's terrible. I mean she talked.
Speaker 4: I mean she really has no she doesn't have a high ground on the border. We haven't even talked about who she's going to pick for VP.
Speaker 2: Ye. Well that's my next question. So what I wanted to say about jd Vance? Will advance? Will advance be a factor at all?
Speaker 3: Uh? Maybe?
Speaker 4: And I think it's only negative because I really don't think vice president help a ticket.
Speaker 3: They just drag a ticket.
Speaker 2: Right, right, I mean like dan Quayle. You know it couldn't spell potato.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, whether it's dan quail, whether it h And by the way, the media has a good lot to do with that because well, Kamala has been a pretty lousy vice president. She was a drag on the ticket, right because every time she had an interview, she screwed it up. She didn't answer direct questions. Uh so yeah, she was. You know, vice presidents can only screw it up, they can't make it better.
Speaker 3: Right. I think that's pretty well.
Speaker 2: What about Shapiro, though, I mean, what about your peer in the fact that he could carry a big.
Speaker 4: State well, year, you're talking to a member of the tribe here.
Speaker 2: Well, I understand that, and I know that that's a factor, but you're also talking about nineteen delegates in Pennsylvania that he could bring.
Speaker 4: You, Gary, anti Semitism in this country hasn't been worse for the last let's say, three decades, right, I mean, anti Semitism is always a problem. It wasn't invented with the Israel thing. We have, you know, five thousand years to go back to. But to have Josh King on CNN say out loud, will Josh Shapiro be a drag on the ticket simply because he's Jewish is so awful and scary and sad, and I mean really terrifying for you know us who are Jews and who are married to Jews, and I mean, I mean we I gotta tell you, Garrett, if we control the world. I've missed out on the meetings right, right, I haven't been to any of them. But there's a real problem with this, you know, Israel uh Palestinian deal where folks are actually backing Hamas, you know, a terror organization, right And you know, I'm not saying that Israel is carrying out the war perfect. I don't know how you do carry out that war, by the way.
Speaker 3: But you know she didn't.
Speaker 4: She didn't go to Congress when net Nyahu spoke, that was per you know, that was one hundred percent political, sure, right, not that I'm a huge fan of net Yahoo and he is a you know, really tough right wing guy. But you meet with heads of state of democracies, right not. Uh, you know, we're not talking about despots. We're talking about democracies, and Israel is a democracy. Uh. And I you know, I would love her to pick Shapiro, right, but I don't know if it'll help her.
Speaker 2: Well, because I'm reading into this. She's supposed to stop, she's supposed to stop in Pennsylvania. That's supposed to be the first stop. And he's obviously been going after Vancy Trump pretty hard. So I don't know ked it leaked.
Speaker 3: It was leaked today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you no, wait a minute, do you do you think that if she does pick Shapiro, will anti Semitism kill her campaign?
Speaker 4: Kill it'll have a drag on It won't too great in Michigan.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that.
Speaker 2: Now, why do you say that.
Speaker 4: Michigan has a problem with uh, a very very large population that is anti Israel, people that voted in someone like Rashida Talib.
Speaker 2: Got it, and so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, uh, let's party. Sources tell Axias that all signs point to Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, who is fifty one, who's also a child compared to well, not compared to jd Vance, but compared to Trump, Trump right, and Biden.
Speaker 3: I like Shapiro.
Speaker 4: You know, he's a little too left, but everybody's too left or too right for me, right, So yeah, I mean it's I think it could hurt her, yes, and I hate saying that as a Jewish person. I hate saying that, but I think it could hurt her.
Speaker 2: Well, it seems to be the way to go. I mean, he's an impressive guy and the people, it seems like the people of people are state of Pennsylvania, like the dude. So we shall see. Sam. Can you hang around for one more second because I want to talk a little rock and roll with you?
Speaker 4: Oh jeez, all right, I'll try.
Speaker 2: There you go, kid, Sam Metler, our guest, one of the good ones, will wrap up Nights Out on WBZ right after this. Now.
Speaker 1: Baptist Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News.
Speaker 2: Radio, finishing things out for Dan Rigg Today a night said, Gary Tanglo, are Tangoa here with Sam Medler joining us? Sam, did you hear about Aerosmith and the fact they will not be touring anymore because of the voice of Stephen Tyler.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Tyler, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 5: That's very upsetting.
Speaker 2: Well it is to me too, because look, when you talk about Boston, you talk about Jay Giles, you talk about the band Boston, you talk about and you talk about aerow Smith, and the thing about these guys like Arrowsmith and the Stones they go, they've been going forever, forever, and like Stephen Tyler was still the old guy that looked cool.
Speaker 5: Listen. Specifically, I love Stephen Tyler because he's a lake Sunapy guy aside from this huge talent.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, wait a minute, what do you neighbors with him up there? What the hell? No?
Speaker 5: I just you know, listen, he spent his summers up on a lake Sunapy in New Hampshire. In fact, I knew a water ski instructor at eighty years old who used to say, yeah, couldn't get up on skis. But now every time everyone I see him out, yes, screaming something on TV.
Speaker 2: I'm having a hard time imagining Steven Tyler at Lake Sunapee. But it's great, it's awesome.
Speaker 5: You know, you've never seen he Actually there was an Oprah episode where he took her on a golf cart and took her took her on a tour of you know, uh, the town.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I missed that. I got check that out on YouTube. Oh yeah, what a rock and roll presence though, I mean, good god.
Speaker 3: I mean, how many decades?
Speaker 2: Oh, so it's the seventies. I mean, like Toys in the Attic right, Even Toys in the Attic was the first album I remember for them, and that was like their third one. Yeah, well in six decades.
Speaker 5: I remember being a kid, my friend John Jacobs of Newton, mass His his dad, Norman Jacobs was their lawyer, and in the den were platinum records with with uh caricatures of Aerosmith.
Speaker 4: And I was, oh, that's so cool.
Speaker 5: That's say No, that's that's a shame. I love Aerosmith, I love Steven Tyler and uh yeah, well I love you Garre. I mean I love Dan Moore.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, who doesn't. But that's why I'm the CE team. Sammy be good. Thanks for coming on. I love your intellect, I love your partiality, I love your insight. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a great weekend, everybody.
Speaker 2: All right, folks, Hey everybody, thanks for letting me hang out with you on night side. We'll talk to you again soon and take care. Time for news.