Speaker 1: Adventist Radio London. Inspiration for the song.
Speaker 2: Preston would choir with one of my favorites, Faithful is Our God. Your tune to talking Point here on Adventist Radio London, and I trust you have had a good day, a blessed Sabbath and now you're ready to online with some good music, some good songs, some uplifting songs, maybe some handclapping, tote tapping. We're not sure where we're going at in fact, we're waiting for you to take the lead on that. Definitely, get in touch as we do our Summer Special is what we're doubling it as we share with you what your favorites are, favorite songs, favorite scriptures, testimonies. It's your time to share and it is your show, so please do get in touch. It's eight triple to eight hope and then your message, or you can email if you're further Afiel at studio at Adventist Radio Dot London or WhatsApp zero seven four or five nine six four two eight nine eight. As always, I've got with me my trustee co host. I'm about to say partner in crime, but it's partner in Christ. I love to do that. Maybe partners in Crime another day. No, I'm kidding, but today on Zoom with Me is the lovely Angella. How are you Angella? How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Name goodie the year? I'm not too bad And I say not too bad, And I say that mainly because today it's not necessarily in the best stead. I'm gonna be completely honest. Is that possibly gonna set of day?
Speaker 4: Yeap?
Speaker 3: Mainly actually because this week I actually had a teeth taken out, So I actually feel in pain this week, and you shu have had no problems with my teeth, and I'm sure nobody can be interested in my teeth stories. But the pain was ridiculous. I mean, it was painful before I had taken out that oh something's going on there, letty. I managed to get an appointment, got the tooth taken out, and then this week, my jaw, my head, my face, it's been pinful and it's not kind of it's a weird sort of pain. It seems just like it's it feels like it's quite deep. I think it's just internal and just achy. But it has impacted my week greatly.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying I think we can all relate.
Speaker 3: So yeah, It's been a bit of a interesting, interesting week. Today didn't really go to plan as I wanted it to, so I just kind of sat so, you know, but here we are. I'm really grateful for the sun which has been out today and I've been able to sit out knit and enjoy that. So one of our random summer days, but kind of a sunny day that you'd expect in August because this is the summer, you know. I managed to catch up with church obviously online. I guess that's the beauty of being able to visit different places. So I was kind of you know, church hopping in that respect. And it was an International day over at Ballam, so it would be good to see, you know, just how diverse our congregation is and you know, different different nationality whom people were taking part and stuff. I even made a flag, we believe that. How I didn't get to actually wave it anywhere at church, but.
Speaker 2: When we all get to.
Speaker 3: Jamaica and Saint Kits and them as well. But yeah, but all in all, you know, God is good at the end of the day. And whilst I may not have had the best of days and best of weeks, I'm grateful to be here. Yeah, all good in that respect.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm still out from your toothache story. It has to be one of the worst toothaches I ache.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was saying that toothache can be kind of like. I've never had a child, so I've never gone through childbirth. But they're saying it's almost as bad as bad. I can't testify to that necessarily, but I.
Speaker 2: Should be able to. But it's been so long ago.
Speaker 3: If you asked me.
Speaker 5: On the day, no, I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm the whole other level. But I think I've never really had I can't say over the years, I've had a lot of tooth so, you know, and I I don't think I have a fairly high pain for sure, but maybe not.
Speaker 2: Well, there's always the one, isn't it. It's always the one, Just thinking. I remember when I had my son, people used to say that, oh, because I was like, I'm never having another You crazy? What doing this again? Absolutely not? And I remember people used to tell me no, no, no worry, You'll forget and the love and the joy and all that, and yeah they're right, but still I'm not going back. Right. That's that dusted done, moving on swiftly Petro. Nice to have you on. We weren't sure if you would join us, and you're probably not sure if you're joining us for the entire program. But it's good to see you. You were out last week. We missed you and we know the reason why. I'm not sure how much of it you lot to share today, but our hearts and prayers remain with you and your family at this time. How are you.
Speaker 5: Good? Afternoon? Talking good? Everybody welcome to talking like.
Speaker 2: Forgive it.
Speaker 5: Uh crazy. A couple of weeks, as you mentioned, I had a bereavement h a couple of weeks ago. My youngest brother was found unresponsive and in California and they couldn't revive him, so unfortunately he passed. So we've been dealing with that for the last couple of weeks. Comes in waves. I would say this, it was weird that we did that grief and he so bron just about a month before, a couple of weeks before. Because that's kind of helped me, and it also helped me. It's helped me not to snap at people. That's what I say. They have good intentions. Let me say this, they have good intentions, but you know they remember it was laughing and joking and saying how you know, and it like, you know, the ass is like how did it happen? You know? How was he sick?
Speaker 6: Was he like?
Speaker 5: They just asked, like I'm just looking at him, like, I don't know, he's he's past. I know, I'm a it's a sad really, you know, I just talk think he's dead. What do you I mean, that's the end of it. You know, he's dead. I'm not gonna talk differently this because you know, I just tell people when I get the death certificate and they say what the cause was, then I don't know what it was. Yeah, that's the best thing I could tell people, you know. But he was he was young, his only thirty six. He was a twin. I think I thought he came on the show, but it wasn't him. It was my mom and my sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't him.
Speaker 5: I tried to get him on, but at that time he was not he would answer his phone. But anyway, yeah, that's whole other thing. And you never had the twin sister on. But yeah, he has a twin.
Speaker 2: Sister, so wow.
Speaker 5: I think it was a little bit harder too, because growing up we my mom and my well a lot of people know my father was a pastor and my mother was a barbaraker. So in the summertime, like around this time actually, there'd be were busy doing their different things and doing the different them them dyne in regulation seminars and their crusades and different things like that amazing fact seminars and stuff that they was busy. So my sister and I had I had the children when they was born because we were teenagers, so we had she had Justin and I had you know, so it probably hit a little bit harder that to do because we had that from when they was babies, connection with them, you know, like just I'm not saying other people don't have connection with their siblings, but we just since they was little, with always like taken care of them, always checked on them always, you know. So yeah, but I don't think it's hit yet completely have like I said, you know, valleys and gloves. Yeah, but it's the what's the word. I went to church today for communion and they was very what's the word? They was very support what if yeah, and just giving it consolers and stuff and saying, you know, we're paying for you. So I had a couple of friends. One thing. I yeah, I've been on my phone for the bids. We can have two weeks. I hate being on my phone, Like literally, the phone will stop ringing, the phone start ringing again as I'm hanging up, and I'm just like, okay, I can put the phone down, don't even touch it. Yeah, but I mean, you know, it's good and we connect with some friends that have spoken to in years, so you know, good thing has come from it, But we're still we're still I don't I don't know where to put it, to be honest with you, because it hasn't really he won't be buried until September, but it just doesn't. It's only even two weeks, so it's still kind of like fresh side. Can't put words into it in a sense.
Speaker 2: Do you think the distance makes a difference in how how it hits how it feels that you're not sorry?
Speaker 5: That again?
Speaker 2: And I'm saying, do you think the distance makes a difference that you're not there in calif when you were there in the US. Does that make a difference in how it hits you saying or how it.
Speaker 5: And also probably some people, Yeah, my mom's in Scotland. My sister's in Scotland, so I think the distance does it may help them. For me, I have a different view on death, so I kind of I'm always been a calm one. I'm not really the choir. I'm not really the one that like just does like going crazy and manic and everything. I'm always been like, Okay, what do we need to do? What do we need to get in place? You know, but you know, tickets, but you know, like that's my always been my mystic. As they say, I don't know. My view on death is like I know it's supposed to happen, and I'm a fair believer of that. You know, everything happens for a reason. Pain is what you know, we get sometimes to to get to the other side of what we need. So sometimes that pain may be the loss of a loved one because it's taking us. It's taking us not a path to get to where we need, where God wants us to get to. So for me, I don't Yeah, for me, I just you know, it's I don't know who's gonna hit me. It's probably gonna hit me, I just don't know when. Yeah, and it probably it's probably already hit me a little bit too. But because the way I grieve is the way I grieve, I'm not letting it hit me the way I needed to let me hit me, If that makes sense. Yeah, because I kind of have a tendency to come punted the lives and then yeah, so so I'm just trying to look out for all that stuff. But there's a lot going on, but it's still like okay, but distance probably it may have helped, may have helped. I mean, you want to be there like right at that moment, but but then again, they really want to be there right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we could take it one day at a time, take it easy.
Speaker 5: That's it. I take it one day at a time. You know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If there's a right or wrong way to grieve. I think people will try and tell you that there might be there is, but then there would be different stages. I know that much.
Speaker 5: But you know, I think that's the thing, Like, I know the way I grieve. That's why I don't my mom and my sister grieving one way in my family in a whole, not just my mom and my sister. I just say to them because immediate you know, like that go from regularly, but the other even other family members, Well, we're all going to agreeve differently, you know. Yeah, it's just a matter of how you grieve. But I know I have to grieve because if I don't agree, then it's going to sit on me for a while. So I know I need to. I just I guess what I'm saying. I'm trying to figure out how to grieve, what how I need to grieve if I'm I'm saying because I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna let it go, you know, or yeah, yeah, that's the best way I can put it.
Speaker 2: It's a process, that's for sure. And I don't know if it's a straight line. We talk about the stages of grief, but it may not be a stage thing or a step thing. You may be one place today in another place tomorrow, or you know, or if it's a stage or maybe at one stage at five o'clock and another stage at two. You know, it's it's a difficult thing to.
Speaker 5: Snap somebody today and then become to all.
Speaker 2: Right, that's it, that's it. But yeah, as we said at the top, we're just praying for you. We always pray for each other. And I really appreciate the Talking Point team for that. We're very much a family. Now, i'd like to say I'm speaking, I'm speaking for everybody.
Speaker 5: Everybody shows how much of a family we are because we all. People don't realize how we all talk to each other and stuff like we don't hold our tongues and we don't. We just talked to each other.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: That's it, that's family. They always get along either people think we may get along with always.
Speaker 2: Going to know, we don't always agree, right.
Speaker 5: That's what I mean that get along. We don't always agree, but we you know, we talk it out. So you know, that's what family do.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that much.
Speaker 5: I definitely get see you guys family for sure.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I was looking for something you're saying. But I was thinking about that.
Speaker 2: You're not so sure we're family.
Speaker 5: See at that point, because you're just like.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: I was literally thinking, I've been you know, on my I'm always grabbing for Instagram, I'm looking for inspiration and.
Speaker 9: What have you.
Speaker 3: But I've actually been grief has come up quite a lot for me that I've been looking to myself. So i'd read something quite interestedly about grief, which I thought was interested, So I was just looking at that, So I was slightly I was listening.
Speaker 9: But.
Speaker 5: Did that because I know.
Speaker 3: This, because it was quite interesting. It was what I interesting thoughts.
Speaker 2: And is that something you want to share later or want to share now or what are you I do?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just as we were talking about it, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well, why don't we pray and then we will get into it and Pedro. If there is a song that's been ministering to you at this time, or if there's a scripture or anything that you'd like to share to encourage others who may be going through the same thing, or just something that's kind of resonated with you now or always, then we'd be happy to put that on for you as well. I know Tara potentially is coming on as well, and we've got a few people lined up who will be sharing their favorites and we're looking forward to a very interactive program definitely, Father, thank you for another Sabbath day. Thank you for another sunny day. I pray that those who are listening enjoyed the Sabbath have been blessed by the programming by the worship by the Word of today. And as we're about to get into our talking point program, I pray that you will be with the technology. May everything go well. I want to just stop a while and thank you for the platform that we have and the friendship and the camaraderie that we have. And I pray that persons who listen are blessed and encouraging and uplifted always. And may they continue to share me, they continue to be a part of this great program and this great radio station.
Speaker 10: Be with us.
Speaker 2: Now, I pray in she's the same, Amen and amen, do you want to share that? And then I'll jump into the song.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so again this is by Yeah, it's just a thought that somebody had so post that I follow. Behave in their family literally says you don't move on after loss, but you must move with You must shake hands with grief. Welcome her in before she lives with you. Now pull her a chair at the table and offer her comfort. She is not the monster you first thought her to be. She is love and she will walk with you. Now, stay with you now peacefully. If you let her on another days when your anger is high, remember why she came remember who she represents. Remember, grief came to you, my friend, because love came first. Love came first. I thought it was just an interesting perspective on it in terms of starts of different layers, and it's quite complex. But I guess we grieve because we love and we have love for that person. Yeah, you know, I guess in some ways to come one with the other. So yeah, it was just an interesting So it was a lady called Donna Ashworth Suppoe that she wrote, well, for those, as you said before, those who maybe maybe this in my heart goes out to her Pegoinist family as we said before, and anybody who possibly has such agreement all going through you know, still, you know, dealing with their grief because it isn't something that just magically disappears and goes away. May always be with you.
Speaker 2: I remember from our conversation with the therapists and Mama Faith what's her name again, Well they just walked it here, but she was on talking about her son, and I remember one of the sea Selena, one of the therapists, said, and I thought that was such a drop to mic moment. But you've mentioned it here again that it out loving someone just exposes us or puts us at risk or sure is that when we lose them that we'll hurt. So it's a risk you take when you love someone purely and you love someone deeply. But that's the balance of it, I suppose, and that's the blessing of it. So it's better to have loved and lost. I think there's a song or something like that about that. But yeah, it's just such a blessing to have people in our lives. And yeah, it then results in us being heard and being lost and being broken when these things happen. Pedro, I'm going to jump into a song because this is actually a song, a program about songs. So you have requested your Love Divine by Richard Smallwood, and that is next. I'm reminding everyone that you can also send through your request, you can also share with us your songs. What's been ministering to you at this time, what's been resonating with you? And for me, I've got a lot of favorite songs, but my favorite seems to change depending on the mood, depending on the day, depending on the moment. Maybe that's it for you, or maybe you've got a song that's been your song from day dot let us know what it is and why and we'll be happy to put that on. And also you can come on as well if you'd like to be part of the program, then we can give you the details so you can jump on the zoom and share that if you are brave enough to do so. Your love Divine Richard Smallwood back on the other.
Speaker 11: Side by.
Speaker 10: The bed.
Speaker 6: And nod you know.
Speaker 12: Top gos had bed saon b and shut Sado lo tag.
Speaker 13: Shut s.
Speaker 14: Shut.
Speaker 7: Help us to love those.
Speaker 4: Who will do us for a.
Speaker 15: Senior cleansing, powerful copernight.
Speaker 16: Our hearts as one, because.
Speaker 17: That's all for the first through one all Bookstad.
Speaker 6: Fin b F the Bock.
Speaker 18: Sea Shop.
Speaker 13: In sets sat st.
Speaker 2: Your love Define Richard Smaller. That is Petro's choice, and Petrick, we're talking offline of your love for the I'm not gonna say old school. Well, old school, yes, old school. I think it's a little bit more modern than Oldie Goldie.
Speaker 5: I've been longer than you think. Yes, John Key has been out since he did a song on Everea Hawkins CD in like in the late seventieses. Yeah, so yeah, how long he's been out. But you don't think about it. But he's been out eighties, but he's definitely been out for a minute.
Speaker 2: When I think old school, I'm thinking I think more of like you, Jim Reeese. But that's not old school. I think that's oldly Goldie. That's that's that's taking it way way.
Speaker 5: Back to ever Presley.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I really know when you too that I love all music. Every mainstream artist has a gospel CD. That'll be just let's just put that out there right now. Every single one of them has has well, not every single, but most have doubled in gospel, and they've doubled in Christmas. You mostly find that artists having a gospel or a Christmas CD out.
Speaker 5: But my days, right a Gospel City stop playing.
Speaker 2: I think he's he's more gospel now than than than the secular well exactly. I saw him doing something with Maverick City recently. So yeah, I mean Mariage Citty really bringing in those sort of secular artists or mainstream matters, whatever you want to call them, and pulling them onto their tracks. And I think that's that's doing.
Speaker 5: Its working to start.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, by.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I think we should because I feel like we're gonna fight here already.
Speaker 6: Ding ding ding.
Speaker 2: That's fine, right anyway, we digress tell tell us a little bit about about Richard Richard Smallwood and why that song's really ministering to you at the moment.
Speaker 5: I just always like Richard small Would. I think a lot of his songs minister just I guess because you know, with the words I say, you know the pain and the pain we bear, and just you know, like I said, with the passing on my brother and the pain that I'm feeling. And then just as your action, you know, he's saying, sing your directions, sing your protection, you know, sing your compassion, Sing your love divine. So like, say your love to me right now, because I need it, because I just don't know where to go, Like I'm lost, I don't know where I'm thinking, I don't know what I'm feeling. But I know that if you send me your love divine, it will help me through this time of grief and sorrow and anything like it will help me through whatever I'm going through at that moment, you know. And in the song, he also talked about people doing you wrong and stuff, because a lot of times you know you're feeling sorrowful because people are you know, irritating you are doing wrong by you. So you know, that's why that song was also think because it's just make you remember, you know that even though people are doing you wrong, his love can can conquer that. Yes, So for me, that's why iays like that one in particular song and it's short, it's not a long song, so you can listen to like two three times in a row and just you know, really feel the you know, really get into it, you know, really feel the the vibe of it, you know, and then kind of just let your let your mind just think on him and worship him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let it wash over you, as I would say, Yeah, yeah, I love that. I love that, Angie. I think your song is next. Whilst we wait for the selections to come in. Your song is next? You selected, and you've got a few lined up, to be honest, but the one I've queued up is and I think it's it's just appropriate. Behind John Peakey's Oh Sorry, Richard Small was is Jordan see Welsh's Opened the Eyes And I remember when this had kind of blown up on Instagram and social media, she'd done a live version of that and it's just so beautifully done. And I think it was picked up and went viral. But the words, the words of this one, I think tell us a little bit about why you've chosen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're right. It definitely. It's a fairly well known song. I remember it from a world ago, and I remember obviously, like you said, it's I don't know if he's seen sometimes go viral, but I remember that week. I follow I mean for many humo. I support my mom who's been with Alzheimer's, and I follow a lot of accounts on Instagram of other caregivers and I sat watching one who of a lady who was mem escapes me as I'm saying it now, But anyway, she has been supporting her mom for over ten years, almost ten years, and she was just sharing a moment of her and her mom, you know, and she's had lots of ups and downs and what happened in that journey, and she had that song playing, and I remember thinking wow, and it was just a really beautiful moment that this lady was sharing on Instagram. Anyway, I thought, wow, that's a really interesting I love the version of this song and I think I could definitely, I could definitely relate to some of the experiences this caregiver has been going through. And I think as I was listening to the song and watching that, I just thought, you know, I can really relate to this, to this moment that this lady is sharing. But it was a lyric that read the it's that really sort of I suppose drew me in. I'm a really poignant for me, Whereas there's a lyric that she says, silence the noise in my mind, Lord, and open the eyes of my heart. And I remember sometimes when you know things are not going quite to plan, and a care giver's journey is, you know, very ups and down. Some days, you just never know what's going to happen. Sometimes everything just feels really chaotic, and you know, just praying to God to silence that noise, to silence the chaos, and just gives you this calm peace and just knowing that, you know, okay, I've got to stop and let's just got to take over. And it really resonated with me that song, and I just remember probably shedding a tear, as you do, because sometimes the frustration is real. But that was kind of it really was really poignant at that moment. I then went into a bit of a deep dive looking at everything that does. And it's been quite fascinating to kind of watch some as the way she has condone workshops and she's conducted you know, big sort of conferences and they've become this big mass choir, which was just fantastic and I remember thinking, oh, I'd love to be in one of those sort of sessions there. But yeah, so this is this, you know, the words are very simple in this song, very poignant for that moment for me and just sometimes you know, that's all we need. We just want God to say, I can't do it myself, but I've got to be open, to be able to allow God to well open whilst the song is asking us to open our eyes so we can see just how much He's doing for us and how much that has got everything in control, and you know, if you can't see it, and then it's just you know, it's also a kind of a sectally a worship song praise, you know, to praise to share the joy that we should have in a situation. So yeah, fine, so yes, so this is my song is open the eyes of my heart, like Jordan g.
Speaker 19: Well, Open the eyes of my heart, Lord.
Speaker 9: Hoping the eyes of my heart. I want to see. I want to see, hopingly eyes from my heart. Lord, hoping the eyes of my heart. I want to see. I want to see silence, the noise in my mind. Lord and hoping the eyes of my heart.
Speaker 6: I want to see.
Speaker 9: I want to see.
Speaker 20: Silence, the noise in my mind.
Speaker 21: Hoping the eyes of my heart. I want to see. I want to see.
Speaker 3: To see you.
Speaker 22: Hide and lifted up, shine in the light of your glory. Pour out chapaw and love as we seen, Holy Holy.
Speaker 9: Hop.
Speaker 10: To see you hide.
Speaker 22: Dead, shining in the light of your glory. Pour out of power and love as we seek, Holy Holy Holy, So hoping lyaz some my heart.
Speaker 9: Hopingly eyes and my heart.
Speaker 21: I want to see.
Speaker 10: I want to see openly eyes to my heart, hopingly eyes byhead.
Speaker 23: I see. I want to see. I want to see. I want to see.
Speaker 13: I need to eat.
Speaker 6: On the other.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 16: I want to know.
Speaker 23: You, I want to know. I want to see.
Speaker 3: So let's just pray just for this moment, Father God, I want to thank you for blessings with this opportunity to Lord, and as now as we think about those in our time of sorrow, and loss. We turn to you Lord for strength and comfort. Wrap your loving arms around us and grant us the peace that pass us all understanding. Help us to find solace and the memories of our loved ones and God us through this difficult time and journey of grief. We ask for your healing touch, Dear Lord, mend our brokenness and bring light into our dark times. Help us to find the strength to move on. As I said, while we cherish those memories, Father, God, we love you. We know that you are looking afterwards and you're there for us, and I pray that you will lift us up in these times.
Speaker 5: This is my prayer.
Speaker 9: Amen ah man.
Speaker 20: Ah Ti.
Speaker 9: In the glow, reversevers.
Speaker 24: Reverse resource, transform much Lord, reversever.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 3: What's the song against Daniel?
Speaker 2: So we're back and my song is turn your eyes upon Jesus.
Speaker 9: For me.
Speaker 2: The I started at the top. Different songs hits me differently depending on where I am, and it's it's I do something on social media called song of the week, So I will just choose a song or there's a song that would have resonated or they've spoken to me in the moment, and I would share that. And it's funny because now I'm doing it. I recognize there are words, lyrics, moments in a song that I've heard them several times before but didn't see that line, or didn't hear that line, or didn't recognize that line until it applied to me. And I can't seem to get out of it at this moment. The hymn that's really been I've just been playing it over, singing it over and over again, looking at those words time and time again, is turn your eyes upon Jesus. And I don't know if it's because of what's going on the chaos that's going on around us, the chaos that is going on in my life. Me too, I'm a Kierra and some days, some weeks, some months, you don't even know it. And then there are other times when it's just taken over my life, taken over our lives, and we can't see, you know, the forest for the trees is at the time, but I and now, with the riots and the wars and the rumors of wars and everything else the news, you can't but switch on the news and be hit with just some disaster or some really sad incidental whatever. And for me, it's just those words have hit me afresh. Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full into his beautiful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His love and his grace.
Speaker 3: And for this one, you've chosen Lauren, Yes, and things specific about her that you like.
Speaker 2: Lauren Diegel is one of my favorite artists and you, I think, no, I can't. I can't say one of my favorites. I need to stop saying that now I'm going to get in trouble. Everybody's one of my favorites. But I really do love Lauren Daegel. She's got a voice, very a very unique voice, and a very unique way of putting over a song. And it was you who introduced me to her song. I think, yes, Yes, I think that's it. I can't remember that. Yes, And I've just been listening to her, listening to her her album. I think she was over here very recently doing a concert. And speaking of which, I think there's a concert going on today. There's lots of glittering boots. I'm not going to say the name, a lot of glittery short skirts and boots making their way to Wembley. I say no more. But I do love a good concert, and I'm hoping that there will be some some more lined up from our our gospel artists. But she was over here recently, and yeah, I do love I love her, I love what she does. And this version is also a little bit more upbeat, and yeah, I do hope you enjoy. Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Lauren daegil.
Speaker 20: Nepo face they wo.
Speaker 19: Shame in the line of face close. Oh so are you.
Speaker 6: In trouble?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 20: No lie in the darkness.
Speaker 6: You see.
Speaker 25: There's lies for a log at the Savior, and life more abundant than free.
Speaker 19: To dead than to life. And the last day.
Speaker 20: He fes and we are the wind.
Speaker 19: Or us no more had dominion for more than comper. Oh time, your face and the thing will close strain.
Speaker 4: And of his glow.
Speaker 19: And grave. His words shall not fail.
Speaker 25: You, he promised, believe him, and all by then go to a world that he's dying. His perfect our Vati to tell.
Speaker 20: Full time yours a pound, look for.
Speaker 23: And need w the f face.
Speaker 19: Oh and the thing.
Speaker 9: Will go shagating them in the.
Speaker 4: Close.
Speaker 13: Oh time, oh time, Oh.
Speaker 16: Time, your eyes a bone music, Oh.
Speaker 13: Sign an it time, Oh time.
Speaker 26: Yes a bone gesus, Oh fine, Oh time you sign your highs apounyesus, Oh time your oh time, Oh turn your highes apolunesus, Oh time yard, oh turn, Oh time's.
Speaker 6: Aboog geese.
Speaker 13: Shine, oh shame.
Speaker 26: Shames a bologyes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that was Sonywis Come Jesus, Brenda and Dagle. It's kind of brought me to mind. Actually, I was just thinking when we were with Big B Dad showed to get on some of my favorite songs and an opportunity to kind of sort of share what kind of up lifts us. One of my devotionals this week, I was it was talking about the look at the verse James one, verse two to three, which says, dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kinds come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. And I thought, Okay, that's really interesting because you know so so much going on, and you know, we've shared a little bit of things that we've been going through recently, and I just remember in one of my days this week, I remember thinking, I'm finding let's saying it's an opportunity for joy and I'm like, I'm finding no joy in this situation what I'm going through, and I know it's an opportunity for great joy. I'm just not feeling very joyous. I'm not saying, thinking how I can do this, and I'm thinking, Okay, the text stage. You know, when your faith is chip tested, your endurance has chance to grow. And you know, so in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, Okay, I'm going through something, it's testing me, it's going to help me grow. This should be an opportunity for great joy. I'm just like, I do not find the Joey. I've got see how I'm finding the joy. However, I recognize and this is where the beauty of music definitely comes in that even if I don't necessarily see it there, and then you know, I can put on music. And I realized, actually this week I listened to a lot of music, and I didn't even watch that much television actually read it. I don't think I even put my In fact, I don't think I even put the TV on a week, and I that sometimes in sharp contrast, at the end of my day, I'm like, I put the TV on just watching something that's quite mindless and watches over me. But I had a lot of music playing, you know, throughout the house, and you know, without sometimes you even realizing kind of music can be so uplifting and whether it's you know, really upbeat song, it could be a kind of a you know, a very gentle whatever, you know, it can make a whole difference. So it really got me thinking and I kind of think, you know, there's a lot to be taken from that text. You know, we you know, we know that troubles. It's not even a question if troubles come. You know that troubles are going to come. So the text is saying when not if so we know that as well, and even when you they do come, we're be encouraged to say, it's an opportunity to find joy. So whatever you do, sometimes there could be a glimmer of hope joy in every situation. Maybe difficult to find, but sometimes you have to kind of as well. But some but I guess the key thing was really that sometimes it is about an opportunity sometimes for God to show you things and to you know, reveal something that maybe He's got a plan that we may not understand, or it's you know, possibly refining the way that we may look at him as well. And it's obviously you know, we can, like I said, we can find joy. Sometimes we can find the joy even if it doesn't seem that clear. And it is that space for us to grow, to build our resilience, to build our enjoyance, our endurance, I should say, when you think of it like this, like a flower. Often we think of a flower and needs to grow. It might have to go through something, and that's often sometimes it's just the dirt, so you know, you plant to seed. It doesn't become a flower instantly. It's having to push up through the ground, you know. And eventually with their writing you know that it's rain, the water, the sunshine, and it adventure will grow. So it will grow, go through things for an already it's to bloom beautifully. So sometimes when we can't even understand it, you know, consider these trials and tribulations that we talk about so often at times that you know, it is an opportunity to give some praise, give some thanks because often sometimes when we're going through stuff, we sometimes go through it and we come out the other side and just think, oh I've got there, and there's no reasons for that. So yeah, we've got in mind. I kind of yeah thinking, Okay, every time I'm going through something, I have to really think and I pray, you know, God can help me find some joy wherever I can. And then we then in mind, I know, we we've been asking for some of our favorites. Spoke to one of I chech brothers at Balam, Paul Brown, who has been ill recently but thankfully he's on the mens hopefully he's back at home spend he was in hospital for a few weeks and men, who's back at home now. So I was asking him, know, what is some of his favorite songs and one that you mentioned was joyful Joyful we Adore You? And I thought, you know, and I was like which version? He was like, oh, any, To be honest with you, you know, the words are quite you know, poignant, and it's about you know, finding it is about finding joy and recognizing again seeing him God is, and how we can show our love and adoration for him. So this is shout out to Paul Brown if you's hopefully he's listening, if he may do, but you know, so this one for him, and I think we have got the version from the film Sister Act. I think lined up and again it's again fairly well known song. This is another version of it, So yeah, I think the lyrics now I'm saying that it's.
Speaker 2: Joyful, joyful, We adore you, God of Glory, Lord of Love, heart, unfold like flowers before you opening to the sun above, and it is Lauren my flower. Yes, analogy, absolutely all right, Let's go Lauren Hill, joyful, joyful Lord. We a Dorothy back on the other side.
Speaker 27: Joyful, joyful Lord, were the.
Speaker 19: God of dory, Lord of Lord, arts.
Speaker 13: And fall like fas be for the.
Speaker 16: Here he has the sun number.
Speaker 13: We're the class scene, insidess, dry dark.
Speaker 4: Away ever.
Speaker 28: So glad.
Speaker 29: Fellers with a lone, Fellers with a lot, feelers with a lot.
Speaker 16: O day, I've a b.
Speaker 6: I a ball low ball.
Speaker 12: Sail the Plasmas crime did.
Speaker 4: The battoy for Lord.
Speaker 30: We at the end of my life back foot none before because there was a youngster.
Speaker 4: I can't enough that you wasn't the only way to girl.
Speaker 31: So what happened to come to understand them?
Speaker 16: Did up there with the kicks?
Speaker 31: So I want to don't you tell me you down with sick?
Speaker 5: So I did up down with you.
Speaker 4: You know what you do, you know what your you know what your.
Speaker 7: Ay?
Speaker 28: Mad look fine no man.
Speaker 16: Ah we need James.
Speaker 8: King you.
Speaker 13: Yea yeah there who was?
Speaker 31: Yeah, come on your listener, just wanted to charge yourself.
Speaker 16: That One Shunday morning t came in my mind. Why would have been the longing? I never done that.
Speaker 29: The times they'll have still been long and I have not been longing.
Speaker 16: But I don't know what I want to be. Probaby has whether the demo Docky had me, I sall got away here and the man want to what the thing.
Speaker 6: That I can say?
Speaker 16: God, thank you?
Speaker 13: Yes, I don't.
Speaker 16: Let anything you do for me.
Speaker 13: I loved, Yes, I.
Speaker 16: Loved all things just done from me, he.
Speaker 32: Said with captain slated about the child I had to face.
Speaker 16: I don't know what I love me without its amazing.
Speaker 32: The race were really low and had nothing evening here.
Speaker 27: I don't know what I want to without his say Anyways, when the.
Speaker 33: Nom FPY had mere s got away, I said that one day I can say no, yes that do.
Speaker 13: Why, Yes, I do.
Speaker 16: Love anything? It doesn't for me.
Speaker 4: It's dude, wha thinking.
Speaker 16: All things you've done for me?
Speaker 34: Love you give me shrimp.
Speaker 16: You help me making cats, don't you? And all I'm a bad than you.
Speaker 5: D be.
Speaker 16: Shrimp, you helped me made.
Speaker 6: Cats.
Speaker 16: Don't do what I'm better than you?
Speaker 6: Say?
Speaker 35: Hey, nobody, nobody like Jesus.
Speaker 16: No, lady, your mother and that Jesus.
Speaker 19: No how to get in love me?
Speaker 4: You how to get shrip Now I can logan.
Speaker 16: Stickster like your saying.
Speaker 33: There, that's your might, that's your might have life, that's your might have life.
Speaker 16: More about than leave the cossack.
Speaker 23: I come with the cossack.
Speaker 9: Care can't cause annoy didn't leave me.
Speaker 23: Come because I'm always there.
Speaker 33: Taught no look taught the South con found nobody to.
Speaker 16: Help him find this fa.
Speaker 23: Look look.
Speaker 16: Made to the baby. What is the name of Jesus?
Speaker 27: What is the thing you Jesus?
Speaker 16: Anybody knows you, so you need to know?
Speaker 11: Is name one seventy nineteen?
Speaker 23: Now jeez chea, No, he's looking.
Speaker 16: No, she's the best name.
Speaker 4: No, she's got check now she's me Now he's she's chiming.
Speaker 9: Now he's checking.
Speaker 16: Now he's not let you he's cheting.
Speaker 4: No, he's no.
Speaker 32: No, he's says everything everything I did his father, Like Jesus, just say nobody.
Speaker 23: Like Jees.
Speaker 33: Sit in the sick pool, larger in the court.
Speaker 16: Prey when you need no mad like Jesus.
Speaker 23: No no, no, no, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no, no no no.
Speaker 5: Mo.
Speaker 2: Well, if you know anything about myself, and I'm gonna have a shameless plug now for Saturday Night Praise. One of the programs that I do at a talking point at the end of the month is that I love Southern gospel music and I think it really does get the adrenaline going. It gets you in the mood. It's good old praise, good old fashioned praise. And that song one of my favorites I forgot. I'm not saying that that song by Dorinda Clark. I really love that. I've got too many into I love Durinda. I mean, the Clock sisters are, you know, in a league of their own, but Durnda's version of that, and it just reminds us that we ought to be thankful, joyful, thankful, just appreciating what God's what God does for us even in the midst of challenging times. And there's a scripture that I want to use piggybacking and what you said before, Angie, and it's James one and it is two to four. I'm one to four or two to four. Sorry, I'm James one, two to four. My brethren counted all joy when you fall into diverse temptations, knowing this that the trying of your faith work with patients. But let patients have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. And for me, that text just says it all, really, that it's working through us and working in us what God wants to have come out. And Pedro, you said that at the very very beginning, that the trials come, the troubles come. And we had that program was it a week or two ago in Ballum? And I loved the theme. It's from from trial or from trauma to triumph, and it's praising God along that journey, praising God along the way. And for me, that's what music does. That's what music does. And Pedro, I'm looking forward to the debate because I know we're going to have one in due course. But for me, music just puts me in that moment, it puts me in that mood. And as I said before, it depends on where I'm at and what songs will really do that for me, whether I'm in a praise and worship mode or whether I want to I'm washing dishes and cleaning the house and I want a little bit of Caribbean so coron or whatever it might be.
Speaker 5: But what the bit are you're talking about? I'm sorry we're talking.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the music debate. I know we're gonna have that.
Speaker 5: I agree with you on that one. I think music is the keyhole or whatever, the opening to the soul. Yes, I think music for anybody is what's That's why they say you need to watch what you listen to, because you listen to a lot of these artists, not secular artists, and they got all this mumbo and this slow grinding kind of and it just makes you depressed. And you know, it just makes you not think. You know, like music, Gospel music. I think the right gospel music is it uplifts you, It gives you, It makes you feel something when you listen to it. Yeah, it certainly makes you realize how much God loves you. You want something like that when you're listening to music. You want to feel God in your life. When you're listening to this music and know that he's there with you.
Speaker 2: And I think I think when I talk about the debate, I feel music is a very personal thing and that's why we're let me plug it again. We're encouraging our listeners to share. If you don't want to come on, that's fine, send the text, send the message and just let us know what song is ministering to you at this time and we will love to get that on for you. And tell us why, tell us why that song speaks to you at this very moment. What have you been listening to? Yes, I well ate triple to eight hope, so that's eight triple to eight. Type the word hope, leave us space and then send your details through or if you're further a feel, or if it's easier for you, you can email studio at Ventist Radio dot London or WhatsApp seven four or five nine six four two eight nine eight zero seven four or five nine six four two eight nine eight and just share with us. We're always appealing for this program to get more interactive and the date does I think we'll take it to another level. I know you're listening, We know you're listening. You often meet us or meet Angela sorry and say that you're listening.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They don't know who I am maybe, but we know you're there. Please do get involved. Let us know what you're listening to. It's an easy one today. What are you listening to, what's on your playlist? What gets you through these days? And we'd love to share that with the rest of our listeners. In fact, it's a way of encouraging each other. And that's what I'm saying, and that's I think maybe the debate that will have eventually is that music is a very personal journey. What speaks to me may not speak to you. What resonates with me might not resonate with you. What I enjoy may not necessarily be what you enjoy. But I believe there is a space in there for all of us. There is music for all of us. There's a genre, there's an artist, there's a song for all of us. And praise God, I'm looking forward to heaven. I am looking forward to heaven because, oh my goodness, what a day of rejoicing that will be. Pedro are going to shift gears again, and you've got a text, You've got a song that you'd like to share with us again. So I'm handing it over to you.
Speaker 5: TEXTN song A song.
Speaker 2: I thought you said you had a text. Okay, never mind a song.
Speaker 5: I do have a text, but it doesn't really coincide with the song.
Speaker 2: No worries whichever one do the song because I'm gonna cueue that next, and then we'll talk about the text. We'll talk about our favorite texts in facts and maybe it's well, we'll throw that out to our listeners. And here's an interesting one. If you were going desert island style desert Island discs, and I'm going to throw in this question. If you were stuck on a desert island, which one of our Hall of faiths? Which Bible character would you like to be there with you? How about that question? Just to throw something in the mix. Who would you like to be there with you on that desert island? And why? I've got my favorite, but it was my question, So I'll leave you guys to ponder that one once we listen to the song. But Pedro, your next selection is Jonathan Nelson Jesus I Love You. Why is that?
Speaker 5: Because it's in the title Jesus I Love You, And you know we don't say it enough. We have a tendency hold our tongues and haul our praise and haul our our thoughts and stuff. But the song I heard about the song when Tara and Denise Shepherd they were singing for the conference. I can't I can't remember. It was like a can It was a meeting about three four years ago, and this was like the theme song that they had, And Tara played this song so much, I mean she pusted played it a hundred times, and I just learned to love I just it just grew on me where I just loved this song because it just taught about how he's in the words he says, I'm returning my love to you. You know you love me first, and now returning my love to you. You know, this is my offering back to you God that since you loved me so much, I'm returning my love back to you. So I just always just like that song, like it for that reason, and I just like the way it's arranged that makes Yeah. I just like the way that is put together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you may have a little bit of a different perspective because Tara sings, because you kind of know the mechanics of a song and everything else you may have a did not take because it.
Speaker 5: Does make sense. Yeah I do, I can. I actually like tone and stuff like that. But yeah, I think you're right because I like I like when they cosino what's that word where they modulate? Okay, I like when they go up and then they go up and then they go up. I like songs like that. I like songs where I like songs with the sopranos strong. I like those those hard hitting songs you know, like boom, you know, like I like that. So yeah, maybe because of Tower. Yeah I never told him I like that to you just said that.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's top talent soprano, right, what's yes?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, see it makes sense now the penny stopped. All right, Let's let's hear that one by Jonathan Nelson Jesus I Love you beautifully said, and after which just back to back, I will play C C Winans and Andrew. That was one of your choices.
Speaker 3: Yes, Gon of God.
Speaker 2: When we come back, you can tell us a little bit about why. So first we've got Jonathan, then some Jesus I Love You, and then City Wine's Goodness of God and of course City wine is Goodness of God is almost always on our playlist on a Sabbath afternoon. It's just one of those songs, always requested and powerful and and you'll tell us a little bit more when we're back. You are listening to Talking Point. It's about half past the hour of six o'clock. That's really good to have you with.
Speaker 20: Us and worship about that.
Speaker 16: Come on, everybody, just raise and worship.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on.
Speaker 36: Wiis of words can describe.
Speaker 7: Feeling I have down inside.
Speaker 4: It's hard to contain it.
Speaker 16: So how simply say Jesus?
Speaker 37: I thought that was like a practice round, But cause y'all trying to catch anything along with us, come on.
Speaker 4: Help me say billions and million?
Speaker 7: This is the word can describe I have down inside.
Speaker 38: It's hard to contain a church, So I released my wors and SUPI say, She's.
Speaker 16: Help me say it.
Speaker 38: Because you first me say it. I'm returning my love Ti.
Speaker 7: This is my love, Marie.
Speaker 4: I'm returning my love Tim.
Speaker 30: There is no other love to y'all, it's no other love quite my gosh. So you know this won't help me say she is I'm on saying I.
Speaker 4: Because he bus off his head I'm returning my love. This is my own break.
Speaker 16: I'm returning my love.
Speaker 4: Let's go up by my god. Shay this no no, I go out and said, come on, said I got cheap.
Speaker 13: That about a reading him t lass I love tell him, tell him.
Speaker 38: I don't think you just tell him how much long? Missus room, Just send it your mines and tell him I love because your man said he I love you. Just catching the singing, I love him. I love you cheese, I love your love.
Speaker 31: That's all you gotta say.
Speaker 4: Everybody, get this head.
Speaker 13: We got up my home.
Speaker 6: We thought of my.
Speaker 13: Mid Can you just counting the sing today?
Speaker 6: That's to say.
Speaker 4: Money did anything? Because your mons.
Speaker 13: Me chant the body. The tow boy sister, you.
Speaker 39: Rot into him, everybody you know as much she has. You're bothered anything.
Speaker 13: I'm not gus.
Speaker 4: You're not say.
Speaker 6: You never let me do.
Speaker 23: You as to me?
Speaker 4: I know you know you.
Speaker 40: One more town, said Jesus, saying Church, Hi, You're not to say Jesus.
Speaker 14: Cher said, I love more than anything, said I love it cheese.
Speaker 4: Singing from your horses.
Speaker 41: Yes, scular, I love you Lord for your mersing. Never fas.
Speaker 23: Ah, my DearS, I've.
Speaker 42: Been helding your head from the moment that I wait until I leave my head. Oh, I you will see of the goodness of God, because.
Speaker 4: All my life you have been fain for.
Speaker 6: Nor my life you have been.
Speaker 35: Sold so good with every breath I am madeble.
Speaker 23: Oh, I will see of the goodness of God.
Speaker 6: I love your voice.
Speaker 4: You have left me through the fire.
Speaker 16: In the darkest night.
Speaker 6: You are close. Line over.
Speaker 8: I've known you as a fire, I've known you as a land, and I have lived in the godness of God.
Speaker 4: Yea for so the line if you have been fay.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, nor line, you have been so so.
Speaker 4: Very bad.
Speaker 13: And I am lade.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 18: I will see of the conn of God.
Speaker 6: You're good.
Speaker 16: This is brunny now, puttyn to me.
Speaker 6: Your own.
Speaker 16: This is bronnie now after it's.
Speaker 13: Prony enough to me with my eye blame now, it's a render. Now I can't you have.
Speaker 6: Your own?
Speaker 13: This is bronni now ater is party enough to me? Jore, listen, kle your deness, find it's ring with my line, lame house, I give.
Speaker 16: You yourness is raining.
Speaker 43: Trying now, nor my life you have been faithful.
Speaker 10: M h.
Speaker 16: No, my life you have been sold.
Speaker 35: Soul with the rebreath that I am made able.
Speaker 13: All the same other than somebody say I have been fat so with every bad everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yes, Goodness of God's c. C. Winings. Now, if that's one of your favorites, then let us know eight triple two A, I'm not gonna stop eight triple two eight space, hope and then your message or hope space and then your message and you can email studio at Adventist Radio dot London. You see, I know these now like the back of my hand and zero zero seven four or five nine six four two eight nine eight. If that's one of your favorites, then let us know. Goodness of God. CEC Winelands, And that's one that's come through to you as a favorite. As soon as the details.
Speaker 3: Said a really popular song, I was just kind of looking up to some of thing. You know, why why was this song so popular? And interestingly and I forget this actually a lot of people would know CEC's version, but it was actually a Betel Music song and by lady palled Jen Johnson, and she was saying that through behind that it was inspired by her process of her adopting her fourth child, and she'd been sort of singing impromptu in her phone while she was driving and you know, really, you know, really thinking about the faithfulness and kindness of God. And it developed from there, and subsequently loads of artists have done a version of it because there are lots out there. Cecy's always been a favorite, so I guess, you know, she's very very popular. But she can say, I'm asking this is my sister, Samantha. It's one of her favorite songs, and she just says, you know, she loves a message behind the song, re minds us about being faithful and how can God, you know, have how God's and about how God's love is and his goodness never ends even if we're going through those difficult times. I mean, the lyrics are very straightforward. It's you know what it's saying and stuff. And I know she sang it several times as well, you know, either by herself or you know, I've sang I think I've signed with her as well. I think I've sang I've signed this a few times as well. Saddenly a popular one, but I know it's also a favorite of our mums, our mum as well, so it's definitely and you know, it really does speak to we've been talking about just how great God is, and you know, the power of music has that way. I've been able to articulate sometimes our feelings, I thoughts can bring us closer to Him and just really Tom and some like this, it's quite it feels quite unforgettable, you know, we we kind of you know it well enough. You've probably sung the lyrics, so it's you know, it's a good way to kind of as a good reminder. And I think you know, anytime you put someone like this, you are instantly uplifted, you know. And it's our kind of I suppose in some ways almost singing that that's our message to him as well as our recognition of, you know, just how much we love God as much as me say, as much as we can ever love him as much as He loves us. But you know, even for those dark times, he's there for us. You know, he calls us, we know as a father, we know him as a friend. You know, it's ever faithful. And the bit that I love in this song, which kind of I'm I'm quite a visual person, and I realize there's a text that says about God upholding you in his righteous right hand. So the lyric works said about you know you're running after us. You know your goodness is running after me. It's running after me, and I kind of think, you know, despite sometimes we might be running from God or running. We may not see God's goodness at the time due to Whatever's going on for us. But despite that, God is still there. He's not going to just leave us when times get tough. You know he's there. He's going to be you know, whether it's a whisper in your ear or you know, I said, a visual God is running after us. You need to run after us because but he does, and it's just yeah, so yeah, so that's a good person. Definite favorite I think of everybody. So but again you know, obviously a story behind that as well.
Speaker 2: I love the lyrics. You're very right. I love you Lord, or your mercy never fails me. All my days have been held in your hands. From the moment that I wake up until I lay my head, I will sing of the good mess of God.
Speaker 3: Wow, if you were kind of to think about you thought about that from you know, the moment you wake up. Indeed, that kind of may happen throughout your day. Sometimes we're so not aware of well, we might have been saved from something dangerous happening, or you know, we see some of these things that we see, Like recently, I've been noticing the birds as lots of birds always in the garden. You know, those little bits of nature that remind us of you know, God's creation, all those things that happen throughout your day that you may not whether you're taking a note or not. There's so many things that can remind you, you know, until you know you go to sleep again, you know, and then he wakes you up and you think, okay, I've got another opportunity. Yes, so yeah, so many messages there as well. I think this song kind of really encapsulates that really really well.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I know, it is a popular song, it is. It is one that's requested. I mean a number of times I've done Saturday night Pray and it's come through goodness of God. And like you said, there's so many versions of it, so many artists, secular artists even have covered the track. And I walk about London on my way to the station, et cetera. There are lots of buskers. I mean, it's just so popular and so pulling. There's a lady by the name of Harmony. She is usually on Oxford Street somewhere and a lot of us will know her. She sings gospel music. She's been on the news, et cetera. Maybe not for the right reasons, she's been you know, they're trying to shut her down, et cetera, and et cetera. But when she sings that song, the crowds, the crowds that will just surround or any song. I mean, she's she's a beautiful singer, and she ministers. Not everyone who sings ministers. You can you get the ministry of the song when she delivers it and the crowds, the crying that you know, it's it's just very very moving and very poignant. And yeah, Cissy, Cissy Winans is one of the best. And so when she puts her voice to a track and you know it's gold, it's gold.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Enough about that could go on for days. Petro, Petro you there, Pedro, Yes, I am, yes, he is you ladies, Wrap it up and wrap it up, moving, moving up. The song that I would like to q next is one of Tara's favorite. Tell us again what it is and let me see if I can find it.
Speaker 5: Really host. His Eyes on the Sparrow was sung about many songs by many artists, Yes, Lauren Hill, a couple of other artists, those only t I can think of. But yeah, Winnie Houston, his eye is on the Sparrow.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I'm not sure. I have Whitney's version and on it. I shall play another and then we can either see if we find it come back or or or not, depending on our time. But why do you know why Tara loves this one?
Speaker 43: What?
Speaker 2: What's what's her? What's the story?
Speaker 5: I guess I will say because his not really she's my wife and I know very well, but I would have to venture. And yes, if you liked this song, hold on, let me think.
Speaker 2: Are you listening? Petro petrol out? Tell you what?
Speaker 16: Let's play?
Speaker 2: Let's play.
Speaker 5: It talks about not being I know why because I'm thinking of the song. Yeah, Okay, she's been singing a song she's since she's been a child. Is a song that it says, you know, say me because because she's singer so and this is how I thing taught, you know, I actually do know. Yes, she's a singing she's been singing since she's been a child, and this song talks about I sing because I'm happy. I sing because I'm free, And I think what you just said the other day, I think ta when she sings, and this is me and her husband talking. But I felt this before I even met her, or when I first heard her sing, and I didn't know her that well. When she sings, you can feel the pain that she has, or you can feel like you said, you can feel it, Yes, you feel when she sings. She sings with her heart. She sings with her emotions. So when this song is about you know, don't let your heart be troubled. You know, he's always watching over me, you know. So when she sings this song that she loves, she's talking about herself. She's singing about herself in the song, and that's why she loves it. So I had, yeah, that's why she loves the song because it's just the words and the meaning that.
Speaker 2: It has his eyes on the spar And like she.
Speaker 5: Said, she's been singing this song since since she's been a child. Her mother made her singing so much. She's texting me, she said, it's one of my singing signature songs I sing And like I said, she's been singing the song. She's just since she was a child. So yeah, and we're talking singing is like four years old.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I've heard I've heard Tara's mom and Tara's sister throw down on Facebook as well. Oh my goodness, oh my I can oh. Talent, talent runs deep, really really really beautiful that she.
Speaker 5: Likes this all because it's just the words and what it does and how it is. A is A is what she is. I know that for a facture and other people have come up to her and said that to her, like they can feel, Yeah, she can feel. They can feel it in her when she's singing it. So that's why she that's why she likes this song.
Speaker 2: I'm just lovely, all right. I've got this version here. We're bringing back Lauren Hell. It was also done in the movie.
Speaker 5: To get upset.
Speaker 2: Lauren Hill and Tanya Blount. His eye is on the sparrow.
Speaker 5: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 19: Why should.
Speaker 11: Discoot?
Speaker 16: Why shoot the shellos?
Speaker 20: Why should my heart Gord feel lonely.
Speaker 16: And long for heaven and home?
Speaker 23: When she's a scene.
Speaker 6: My portion.
Speaker 13: Ustan frame.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 16: He he's a he's on the spare.
Speaker 10: And I know.
Speaker 16: He watches over.
Speaker 8: Me.
Speaker 16: He's is on the space.
Speaker 6: And don know.
Speaker 19: He watches.
Speaker 27: Because Suppy, I see.
Speaker 16: Because for me, he is all the spot.
Speaker 21: And I know.
Speaker 16: He watches me, watches me.
Speaker 3: His a.
Speaker 5: Is o.
Speaker 6: The span.
Speaker 10: And I know.
Speaker 2: He watching.
Speaker 16: I know he watching he because.
Speaker 18: Mamy, I say, because.
Speaker 16: He's the span.
Speaker 6: And I know.
Speaker 4: He watched.
Speaker 16: Watching me.
Speaker 4: He's a.
Speaker 16: Laspar Nan.
Speaker 20: You genie.
Speaker 9: He just be wach me.
Speaker 6: He wa.
Speaker 5: Im sorry.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Also I just realized something and listening to that version that my wife brought to my attention before I this in the harmony in duo, her sister, being a twin was the low end and my wife was the high end. And they used to sing this song as four year olds and a five year old and their mother had and they did it just like this. And because they sang for so long, their harmony and I'm just saying this because it's the truth, but their harmony was just on point. Because they had they twins, they had a connection that you can't you can't think, and their harmony was they just blew it out the water because they they just they knew which other one, which Adron was going, even when the other one didn't know where they was going, they just you know. And that's why Todd Lux loved the song so much too, because it's a song that she sang with her sister so many times. I think she even told me she's won a talent show singing this song. So I think that's why. That's why she loved the song a lot too. And it's for that reason because it's a connection between her and her sister and that bond that even to this day they still have. And that's why I hope we can get her sister overhead one day, them together and have them sing and yeah, yeah, it's gonna be yeah, because you said you heard us sing on Facebook, but you have to hear him singing person.
Speaker 2: You've said this up now, it has to happen.
Speaker 5: Now, we're trying to get them, We're trying to get assists over here like to visit, so we get us ashead to visit. We definitely will be doing that because yeah, because I haven't sing together on the long time. I forgot that because when I met tar they were still singing together, but not like this, and Twas was singing it by herself, so I forgot that they sang this as teenagers. All from child to teenagers to adulthood. They were singing this song together. So that's why she loves this song.
Speaker 3: So much, beautiful song, because it's.
Speaker 5: Just a harmony of it. Like you said, you like you love those songs that you know just has that harmony and you know just that that sink. It sinks, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, perfect, Well, we're running out of time, so I'm gonna throw that question out at you and Petro Will. We're gonna just wait patiently till you set that all up so that Tara and her sister, Yeah, well you heard it here first talking point exclusive. So I'm just gonna throw it whilst we've got two minutes. We're gonna wrap up with a prayer and then I'm gonna end with a song and a favorite that's come through just now. But I did throw a question out to you guys, put you on the spot, and I wanted to know who you would love to be stuck on a desert island with, and we're talking about Hall of Faithers. Who would you choose if you could choose, I'm gonna go first, give you some more time to think about it, or maybe just make sure mine's mine's in and I'm done with I thought of Joseph. I would really want to sit at his feet. He had such an amazing story, you know froms as they say, from the prison, from the pit to the palace and all of the dynamics all the way through. And in fact, we discussed that little bit in Balam and we're going to be bringing that program live or not life, but bringing that program on ear. We've recorded it and we're going to bring it on ear. But his journey was so convoluted, and it had all the dynamics of it, from favoritism to abuse, to this to the other, being abused, being accused of something that he didn't do, ended up in the prison, was forgotten in the prison. It's just such a story, like so many of them in any case. But I would love to be with him and just to hear him talk about how he stood fast, he kept his faith through all of that, and how God brought him through all of that and in the end it was for a purpose, because I think sometimes we forget that when we're going through it, and how much God's positioning, positioning us in the midst of it. And for me, for me, that is an important lesson to learn. We spoke about Joseph in from the context of moving from trauma to triumph, and it's a story that we can all take from because there is so many lessons to learn in that. But what a conversation that would be, What a conversation that would be keep us entertained until we were rescued? What about you?
Speaker 35: And you?
Speaker 6: Who are you thinking?
Speaker 2: Got a couple of names.
Speaker 3: Going lacking my brains, and I just think most of the Bible cats the Bible would be you know, like you said, keeping us entertained with stories for days and days until we were rescued. So I see, I'm finally quite a cool to choose. But my mind worked to kind of two people. I think I'm going to go with my second one, though my first one actually was thinking to some like Moses, because you know, he's got a lot of stories and I'd love to have just known, you know, just what it would have been like to see that Red Sea party, or like, wow.
Speaker 5: I don't want to know what he thought about if he wanted to smack somebody.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you know when he came down and he said, yeah, yeah, he'd be a good one. I think, but I want to go to Paul, mainly because Paul had such a journey, Like you're talking about a journey when you think about where Paul started. He was one who hated what he ended up really continuing and starting, and you know, they say that it's something, you know, looking into Paul's life and what he did for Christianity, I guess, and how much he preached. He was a writer, so he's way of articulating the word, sharing the gospel. You know, he went he went through a whole transformation, So I think, you know, from someone who kind of was persecuting the very same people that he became, you know, that transmission is just phenomenal. So I think, you know, just kind of you know, seeing how things are growing. He obviously had the passion, the zeal, you know, the people that he influenced, the people that he worked with. So I think, yeah, I think he'd be a great person to have a conversation with.
Speaker 2: Some of the greatest writings they would say in.
Speaker 3: That and you know, think about how much he wrote and the messaging, you know. Yeah, so I just yees, So I kind of think I would love to have a chat with him. Spend some time, because I'm sure I have a lot to learn. You know, I think any character Bible, so many of them.
Speaker 2: Noah, Joe, Oh goodness. We could go on for days, but you don't. You share yours and then you pind us off with the prayer.
Speaker 5: All right? Well, I was like, like Angela, I actually thought the Saul and Paul like told to Paul, I was like, nah, And then I was thinking of David, And then I told you, guys off, I was thinking of Enoch because he walked with Godden. I wouldn't want to know how did he do that. Then I was like, well, he's not on the island because he's in heaven, so I can't use that one. So you know, you know, so I went with Peter because my name is Pedro and the English version of my name is Peter. And the reason I picked Peter's because Peter was like us. Peter was well, he was like me. I'm imposive, he was outspoken, he always had something to say. He was a fisherman, he was a hard worker, you know. And the thing about but the thing about Peter made him great. We're not great, Well, think about Peter. It was good is that through all of that he still let God work through him, like he allowed Jesus to correct them. His ego was not big enough that he didn't let you correct you know, he would not let Jesus correct them, you know. And then through that God had the patience and grace and showed him, you know that even though he was flawed that he was, he would still be a child of God. And so I just like Peter for that, because you know, we as a person, as a male, me personally, you know, I just no matter what I say, no matter what I do, I know God would still have my back, not whatever I say, whatever I.
Speaker 35: Do, but.
Speaker 5: Through misgrace, right my sins can be saved, can be washed away through his blood and through his grace and his mercy. And no matter what, even if I am outspoken, God still loves me. Even if I can be impulsive sometimes, you know, God will still love me. God still loves me, so he us know exactly. So it's the same New York. Paul and Cardinals sit the Nine Jesus three times, and we do that all the time. When we don't get what we want. We start the nine guide all up and down and the you know and Jesus still love them. So that's why I like Peter for that reason.
Speaker 2: A man well said, I think that leads us nicely into our closing prayer, and then I'll leave you with a song of choice from one of ouristas. Pleasure you want to close us out, please, it was like pushing me out.
Speaker 5: I have any Father, We thank you for another talking point. We always say Lord that we don't know how we're gonna do two hours, but the two hours go so fast that we can go another two. Indeed, we ask Lord that you will be with the listeners and be with us as we're go into this week, give us the the know how and the understanding that you're always there for us, that you always love you will always love us, and that you'll always protect us and keep us safe from danger scene and our scene. Re ask Lord that you will bless our hearts and our soul and our spirits. Be with those who may be hurting right now, be with those who may be suffering from anything that they may be suffering in the hospital from a loss of a loved one. And we ask the Lord that you will continue to show us the path that you want us to take. Each and every day that we will listen to you, that we will open our eyes and open our hearts to let you in and show us the way we need to go. We love you, love me. Thank you again for your loving, your mercy, for disc opinion, your holy name.
Speaker 3: Amen, Amen, Amen, thank you.
Speaker 2: We're going to go out with Phillips, Craig and Dean, one of my Phillips, Phillips, Craig and Dean. This selection is coming from Leon and he's chosen this and I love it. I'm not going to say it's one of my favorites, but it's very close. How deep the father's love for us. I believe that's a him, how vast beyond all measure, that he should give his only son to make a wretch his treasure. And I thought that's quite apt given what you've said about Peter Pedro Peter Peter, and I think it's a good song for us to close out. So Leonne, thank you very much for that selection, and all those selections that are still coming in will hold them for our next show. God bless you, thank you for listening. It's goodbye from me Zanya.
Speaker 3: Goodbye from Angela. Have a good week everyone.
Speaker 5: Goodbye, for Pedro.
Speaker 2: Everyone, Bye, God bless you see you next time.
Speaker 44: How deep the father's love for us, how fast beyond domasue that he should give his only son and may courage his treasure.
Speaker 6: How great the pain of searing glass. The father turns his face.
Speaker 44: As wounds which mother chosen won bring many sons to glow.
Speaker 6: Behold the man on the cross, my son on his show, the.
Speaker 34: Shame that hear my markings call out among Thus Goldford, it was my sin that held ever there.
Speaker 6: Until it was a calm lift. His dying breath has brought me life.
Speaker 11: And know that it his face.
Speaker 20: Poor.
Speaker 45: I will not both stand anything, no gifts, no had only done, But I will both stand.
Speaker 13: Jesus used this restoration?
Speaker 16: Why should I gain from his free wards?
Speaker 6: High? Can I give it and answer?
Speaker 13: But this I know with all my home his wolves mad myland?
Speaker 31: So why should I get from his free warms?
Speaker 13: High?
Speaker 6: Can't don't give it and answer? But this I know with all my home his wounds band
Speaker 1: So Adventist Radio, London inspiration for the song