Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on w BZY, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We welcome back everyone number two here on Nightside. Thanks very much, Stan walk Ins. I'm delighted to welcome back. It's been a while since we have talked with former US senator hopefully I think in Scott's mind, future US Senator Scott Brown. Hey Scott, welcome back to night Side.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Thanks great to be on. Well, I've been busy with grandchildren for sure, and obviously, you know, just just doing my part to you know, make a living. Quite honest, how.
Speaker 2: Many grandchildren do you? I'll start with one of the easy questions. How many grandchildren do you? And my great friend and colleague Gail Huff.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, we have four four, Ala has two boys, and Ariana, who's up in Portsmouth here with us. It is two girls, yeah, four, two and a half, one and a half and one.
Speaker 2: That makes it an active household.
Speaker 3: And you have no idea. It's truly. People who have grandchildren understand it. You know, we watched them on Wednesday, two of them and it's like, oh my goodness, honey, where's the bottle of you know what we are going to start drinking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you, well, you have decided to throw your hat back into the ring. Jean Sheheen, longtime US Senator from New Hampshire Democrats, said she's not running for your election. In twenty twenty six, you, I know, had been in conversations with former New Hampshire Governor Kristanunu, and he decided that he was not going to run. I certainly hoped that the two of you would not have had to have run against one another for nomination. How did those conversations, God, was there sort of an understanding that one one would get in and one wouldn't.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, listen, We've been friends for a while. I have a lot of respect for the governor. You know, thank god we have him, and we have now senator now Governor Ao, and you know that's the beauty. They're fighting very hard, you know, to make New Hampshire basically great. You would have the Executive Counsel of the House and Senator Republicans, and they're fighting to protect that New Hampshire advantage. And the Federal delegation is just you know, out between the high taxes, the gosh, the spending, the wokeness, the open borders, protecting illegals, giving away benefits, you know, more and more regulations. So you know, we're lucky to have him. And Chris is a good guy. And listen, I would have certainly supported him a thousand percent if he decided to. But he's been a governor for eight years, and you know, respectfully, he needs to go and do some things that he really wants to do with his life. He's young enough, he can always come back. He did an amazing job. So yeah, a look, he's.
Speaker 2: A great friend of mine. I said, and I said many times that, as far as I was concerned, the best governor in the United States of America, not only the best, but the friendliest, easiest to deal with. He's somebody like you who do not look at people on the other side as bad people, just as people whose ideas you disagree with. And I'm sure that I don't know who the Democratic nominees nominee is. I believe that they suspect that one of the members of the delegation, the congressional delegation, will probably be the person you're gonna run against. Let's talk about Scott Brown, and let's talk about what Scott Brown will bring to the race for the people of New Hampshire. Why should New Hampshire voters say, look, let's have this guy as one of our two state senator to us senators, he was a Massachusetts senator. I think I mentioned to you yesterday. The only other guy who's been a senator both from Massachusetts in New Hampshire is Daniel Webster. If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. Daniel Webster. I actually had his portrait in our official residence in the dining room. I have a great amount of respect for his oratory and legal skills for sure. But yeah, listen for folks who don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 3: I was born at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. My dad was an airman at Peas and my mom was in Portsmouth and they met, they fell in love, they had me, and we lived in Islington Street and Portsmouth for a couple of years till my parents got divorced. Then we moved to Wakefield with my grandparents and for that support that she obviously needed being just a high school graduate. It's different times back then. You know, the women, you know, they didn't have the opportunities that many women have now. So I had an amazing life, and you know, treasure every moment I spent there, certainly with my friends and family and raising our girls. But you know I was always coming back. I mean, my sister's here, my daughter Ariana, the veterinarians here, and my grand two of my grandchildren are here. And it's a different feel. You know that lived for your diamontality is real. No income tax, no sales tax, no bottel bill, carry a gun or not, where a motorcycle, helmet or not. You know, almost a libertarian type of feel, just kind of leave us alone, will fall the lall. We'll do our best to you know, be great members of society and and just let us do our thing. And that's being challenged by, quite frankly, our delegation. As I said in the beginning, you know, they're putting in these onerous regulations, these onerous taxes. They're they're just saying no, no, no, no, no anything President Trump's doing, even to save a dollar. You tell me you can't join with them on one thing, really, and that just doesn't make any sense. I'll just give you an example on what happened in Iran. Right, I remember when President Obama, you know, got bin laden. I was in the White House and I said, sir, you got big balls. Congratulations, you know, a great job. And you know he appreciated that honesty and directness, and he was embraced by both parties doing a job. Well done it. But he also dropped twenty six thousand bombs on different countries. President trum Okay basically took away a threat that's not only been killing our citizens and supplying surrogates with deadly weapons, you know, roadside bombs. IED's everything. And and and you know he does it whether I was it thirty four missiles and and he they're they're trying to impeach him. They had an impeachment vote. It's so upside down. And then you have most of the Democrats, including the ones in mass they can't say, oh my gosh, what a great job are our men and women serve with the B two bombing pilots and the crews did can't do any of that. And so what's happened to that? Ronald Reagan tipp O'Neil philosophy of you know, Battle of my Day, based on facts, getting along and figuring it out. It's just it's totally upside down. Well, I also do better to answer your question. To answer your question, that's what I can do better, you know, I you know you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely did it. And and just talking about the Democratic Party, I don't know. I'm sure you saw what happened in New York City last night. Yeah, the Democrats nominated a guy that is so far out of the mainstream. Now, maybe who get elected in New York, but good luck with that. If New Hampshire Democrats don't recognize what's going on to the Democratic Party nationally, I mean, they're in disarraceed gun and they're looking for leadership from an avowed socialist. Did you see some of the comments this guy made in the wake of October seven?
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, this is the modern Democratic Party though, and you know they want to impeach President Trump rather celebrate them, as I said. And you know that New York City there's a lot of people there who live there who are now questioning whether they're going to live there because what are we going to have. We're having Russia type grocery stores now, and free this and free that. You're going to tax the rich even more. I mean New York is one of the highest tax cities in the world. So you know, people are nervous, and you know it's not over till it's over. But you know, hey, listen, when you're not working and you're living on the government and you have a lot of people there that you know, really just want want to just kind of get free stuff, and they'll vote for somebody like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that the next move that this guy should make there should be free tickets to the Giant. Well they count do that because they were in New Jersey, but certainly free tickets to the next the Rangers, the Mets, the Yankees. I think that's the next obvious thing that this guy is going to do. Or maybe every New Yorker should be able for one game to sit in the Yankee bullpen wearing the Yankee uniform and have his name on the roster. I think that's fair. I mean, this guy is a nut job, Scott.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, well, you know, these are the types of people that Chris Pappis, who's the congressman, and others are supporting. I mean, we just said Adam Shiff support Chris Pappis. I mean, Adam Shiff of all people, is like what do you want that you want that orsement.
Speaker 2: That is a blessing, That is an absolute blessing. I hope that Steve Garvey will come up there and endorse you, because man, a great guy, a great guy. And look at what happened to Seth Moulton when he expressed some concern. You have two daughters who were very athletic and played in sports. He has a couple of young girls, and he had the temerity to say that he wasn't looking forward to seeing his daughters competing on the soccer pitch or on the basketball court against transgender males, and they were ready to ride him out of town on a rail. The Democratic Party Seth Moulton.
Speaker 3: Well, I actually sent him an email supporting him and said good for you, because he's right. You know, listen, I certainly have been athletic my whole wife. I mean, just me doing a triathlonics sixty five years old. There's no way another sixty five year old woman is going to beat me. You know, it's all day and women and men are made differently. I'm sorry. It's a question of fairness. Even Caitlin Jenner says that it's a question of fairness and you know you have, you know, men and boys and women and girls' locker rooms and sports. The crushing the dreams of our young female athletes. And it's just wrong, period. It's no, it's just wrong. You know. Get your own league happy to support it, you know, but don't crush the dreams of our young ladies who have been trying for so long.
Speaker 2: I have said for a long time that they can have in a lot of schools. Now, if you don't have, let's say, I'll be able to pull together a hockey team or a football team at one school. You can join with some regional schools. They should. They could be transgender leagues, you know, if they're you know, look, there's there's plenty of options here. Anyway, Scott, I want you to take some questions from some of my listeners. I want to give them an opportunity to talk to you. Anyone up in New Hampshire, if you'd like to talk to Scott Brown. He will be a very serious candidate in a very serious race, in a very closely watched race. This is what's called an open seat in New Hampshire. No incumbent running for the seat, and there's probably only three or four seats every Senate election cycle, because it's only a third of Senators who are up. There's one hundred senators and they serve six year terms. So every year about thirty two or thirty three of those senators stand for reelection. The other two thirds are not up for reelection. This year one of the most important races in the country is in New Hampshire. Scott Brown, I suspect is are there any other Republicans who have announced? By the way, Scott, or are you No?
Speaker 3: I don't know of anybody else.
Speaker 2: Is known, and I think they'd be crazy to jump in. I mean, if they want to waste their time, that's fine, but we'll be back with Scott Brown six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three, one ten thirty. Bring the questions on, particularly New Hampshire listeners. This is an opportunity for you too. He's gonna he's gonna jump in. He is in, He's in. Uh. It's it's a Maria. That's not a sprint. Talking about a year and a half between now and November of twenty twenty six. But if it ends the way Scott Brown wants, it'll be Senator Scott Brown with NH after his name, as opposed to m A. Back on night Side right after this with questions and calls for Scott Brown. Six one seven, two five thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. My name is Dan Ray. This is Nightside, coming right back.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right on with Scott Brown. Let's go to phone calls. Jerry on the Cape. Jerry on Cape Cod You're next with Scott Brown. Go right ahead, Jerry, or your first tonight with Scott Brown.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dan, faithful listener to night Side. Hello, Senator, I hope you're doing well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, doing well. Thank you.
Speaker 5: I hope that you know, number one, you get elected and you do great things for the Hampshire. But as you look at you know, I'm here in Massachusetts and it's your look at the New England Congressional delegation. Other than hurling insults at the President and members of his administration, that might get some great headlines in the press, but people are hurting and they want economic opportunity, and not just in the Hampshire but the whole region of New England. You know, we have higher ed and life science, and the defense industry, energy and agriculture. But this congressional delegation that we have now, the makeup of it all Democrats. They don't even have a seat at the table. They can't advocate. So my hope is when you get to d C that you'll be that honest broker that backpartisan, independent voice and really deliver not just for the Hampshire but for the entire New England region because people are hurting, businesses are hurting, and right now New England is just completely out of step with the rest of the country. The only people we're in step with is likes of Gavin Newso and out in California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, first of all, thank you for calling, and you know, good points.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've always been an independent voter and thinker. Is you know, I read the bills, one of the few ones that I think actually reads them. I see how they affect our state, our country, our det and depths in and vote and as you may or may not know, I mean, you know, I believe in that. I said it earlier in the show that tip O'Neil, Ronald Reagan floss. So you can battle, you can fight, You can do it respectfully, do it with class, and then you know, grab a Scotch or a beer and figure it out and then come back and do the people's business. And you know, yeah, there's only one federal officeholder that Susan Collins up in Main and she handles a lot of the issues for the entire New England area. Yes, I'd certainly like to be there to help her. And you know, she's one of the hardest working people that I've ever met.
Speaker 6: For sure.
Speaker 3: She has the record for the most consecutive votes during her term. And yeah, this and the life sciences, obviously aerospace, defense, energy. There's so many different opportunities in New England, in New Hampshire in particular. You know, we have needs, we have some great innovation here. We have obviously tourism very similar to Massachusetts, but we could do better. And the regulations, the lack of becoming energy independent is hurting our citizens as we want to be paying for those bills in the wintertime for the high cost of energy. They do everything they can to throw up roadblocks so we can't get the pipelines or the natural gas or oil that we need. I mean, that's just one thing. And then you just that the Party of No. You can't tell me that one elected official can't find and work with the president or his team to find one dollar of savings, whether it's on any of the social service programs, any of the entitlement programs, or any of the things that we just kind of scratch our head and say, you can't join the president on that. Really, you can't thank our b two bombers who did this heroic Like I was reading a brad Thorpe novel, it was incredible. You know, you can't say thank you. You can't stand up for a kid who has ten surgeries and he wants to be a cop. Really, but you're going to go to you know, L Salvador and go and get a you know, get a gang banger out or Venezuela, whatever the heck he was. You know, it's it's like it's just upside down. So yes, I want to get there. I want to And that's one of the reasons I'm running. You know, Dan and Jerry listen, I've had plenty of titles. I've been a you know, a coach, a father, a soldier, a grandfather, an ambassador, senator. I don't need any more titles. Chris Pappus wants a new title. But what I want is a stronger America and I want a stronger New Hampshire and a stronger New England. So yeah, I'm excited. If people want to get involved in go to Scott Brown dot com right now. The donation lines and volunteer lines are open. We've had a very very successful first day and we're going to continue to continue to go on. So if you want to help, you know, whether I don't care if you're in New England or around the world, you know, get on the get online and go to Scott Brown dot com. Period.
Speaker 2: You know, Scott, the Democrats often love to talk about public service. I'd love to see the record public service record of your opponents. Not only did you serve as a US Senator and an ambassador, but as you mentioned, as a member of the military for a long.
Speaker 3: Time, almost forty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a long time, and your service your public service. People can disagree with you politically, but they have no right to disagree with the amount that you have done and contributed to this country. And I think that is a very strong suit in this election. The other thing, Jerry, which I want you to know is that when Scott was Ambassador to New Zealand, he was amongst a group of very select US ambassadors who had access to information. Just talk a little bit about that group of five Scott that that's.
Speaker 3: US, Great Britain, Australia in New Zealand, US Canada, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand. You know what they do is, you know, we share any and all information regarding trends, human drug and child trafficking. It could be weather events that are going to affect you know, obviously the island nations. It could be the terrorist threats that are happening and happen, cyber attacks, things like that. We had the christ Church massacre, you know, which you know President Trump was very helpful in helping get immediate resources there. And you know, because we had Americans, we had the White Island volcano, which they did a Netflix show about, and then we did trade deals. We pushed back against China every single day. So yeah, there are plenty of things that we did and do as a result of that relationship. That's one of the reasons I chose to go there because I wanted to be where the action was. I wanted to push back against China and their expansionism and basically abuse of those Pacific island nations, and it worked.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Again, that's something that should be people should understand when they're sending somebody to the United States Senate. Experience matters and public service matters, and also positions on issues truly does matter because a lot of the votes are just so incredibly close the Senate right now fifty three forty seven. Jerry. I know you're down in the Cape, but maybe a couple of trips to New Hampshire in the next year or so might be on your agenda to help out, Scott Brown.
Speaker 5: I've got family and friends, Dan, and they'll be contributing and helping out. Thanks for the opportunity to speak with the Senator.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're welcome, Jerry. Thank you very much. We got to take a quick break here. I got some New Hampshire callers on the line, Scott, I'd like to get more for you, whether they're from New Hampshire or anywhere else. Anyone who is listening around the country tonight, if you'd like to speak to former US Senator, former US Ambassador Scott Brown for those of you who might not realize that he announced this morning that he is now a candidate for Senate in New Hampshire. If he has the good fortune to be elected, he'll join a very select company, Daniel Webster being the only other American patriot who had served as a senator in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire. And again, if I'm wrong on that, Scott, let me know. I believe I'm correct on that one.
Speaker 3: I yeah, whatever, it doesn't matter, you know, I know, no, I know it doesn't.
Speaker 2: But it does show that it's been done before.
Speaker 3: And uhh yeah, listen there, it's been done before, certainly, and you know, but I am definitely not Daniel Webster.
Speaker 2: No, I get it, no problem not. You're Scott Brown. And guess what, every every person, uh is sometimes the right person for the time. You know, Ronald Reagan was very much the right person for the time. Scott Brown is very much the right person for the very kind We will take a break. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty will be back on night Side.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on wz Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones, we go for Scott Brown. Let's go next to Bernie. Uh no, Bernie, hold on, I'm going to get to you Fred and Nashville in New Hampshire. Fred, you're number two, Go right ahead, Fred, Welcome.
Speaker 7: Hey Dan, Hey, ambassador, how are you?
Speaker 3: And I think I'm pretty well. I'm working hard. How are you doing well?
Speaker 8: Got a Nashville related question for you, mister ambassador. So I work in HVAC and I've been following this story of Non Foo Springs buying that bottling plant. And you know, just for the listeners awareness, non Who Springs is the largest bottling company in China, and so what they did is kind of under the radar, purchased this huge bottling plant, and there hasn't been a lot of pushback from local leaders here in Nashville. So, Ambassador, I guess my question is a little twofold. First part of the question is what are you going to do and what can you do as senator to make sure a company like non Foo can't access our domestic water supply and make sure China more broadly can't access our domestic water supply. And then what are you going to do to curb Chinese and here in the United States.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, by the time I get there, if I'm lucky enough to be elected, that issue will be long gone. Sadly, I think the question you should be asking is what has your delegation done? What is our delegation done on this issue themselves, which is nothing. I did speak to some state reps and state senators in that area the other day, and obviously they told me about it, and the other thing that's troubling is they paid a larger amount of money than it potentially is actually worth. So the question is why why are they there? Why Nashville?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: You know? So there are a lot of questions, and you know, the mayor obviously and the local legislature and city council should be asking those questions. And I'm not sure if they did. Obviously I'm in Rye. It's been something that's come up over you know, recently for me and others. You clearly are more knowledgeable about it. But my question, just listening to your question, is why didn't like Papa Shaheen Hassen and good Land do anything? Why didn't they raise the arm? Because I have always felt, because I dealt with in New Zealand, I saw what China does. They built the militarized islands, change the law of the air and see that's been in place for hundreds of years. They overleverage Pacific island nations and when they can't paiy, they take a port that we built in World War two, or an airstrip which we built in World War two, you know, as collateral. And you know they're manipulating the currency, they're you know, stealing our intellectual property. So to think that they're not looking at our sensitive areas in Arizona in particular, why did the governor veto the legislature and allow them to purchase things around our air and military bases. Yeah, listen, I can assure you if I'm elected, I will absolutely work with other senators to make sure that we can stop that stuff. They wouldn't allow us to do it in their countries. No country would, So why are they allowed to do it here? It's because it's a lack of leadership with our present delegation. That's one of the reasons I'm running Fred.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is Dan Ray. I'm not sure if you're aware, but in the state of Maine, China is running marijuana farms up there. There's been some great work done by journalists in the state of Maine. And if it happens in Maine, the next place is going to happen and will be New Hampshire. And this is marijuana that is not controlled by the US government, so you have no idea what its potency is. You have no idea they're bringing in to market. There's a bank down in New York City which lends money to these uh Chinese nationals who are in our country and they're they're they're literally they have these marijuana growhouses up and made that all they do is grow grow marijuana indoors. It's a huge problem in the state of Maine. And the officials in the state of Maine and to including the governor up there, are totally asleep on that Governor mills. So you have identified fred a really important problem. And I think that you'll get some action from Scott Brown if he's if he's fortunate enough to be your next US center.
Speaker 8: I hope so, Dan, And it's just it's very suspicious about what's going on in Nashua. They you know, the Chinese purchased the former Daniel Webster College, which is right next to the airport right next to an FAA telecommunications facility.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, this site.
Speaker 2: They've gone after farm land in North Dakota, next to military installations in North Dakota. There's a former Boston Brewin hockey player, Brian Bochnsky, who was the mayor out there. He was the one guy that stopped it, a Republican mayor in North Dakota.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. Why why so many of our politicians have not been interested in these issues. But I'm telling you, you heard what Scott Brown said. This is an issue that he will be that he will be on. You need to let your neighbors know that.
Speaker 7: Excellent.
Speaker 8: We'll do and appreciate the time.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thank you, thank you, thank.
Speaker 2: You much to keep well. And they're going to go now to Bernie in New Hampshire. Hate Bernie, welcome back on with Scott Brown. Right ahead, Bernie.
Speaker 6: Hey, how are we doing tonight?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 2: We're doing just great. And by the way, Scott, Bernie has a son who's in the US military. Is basic training over yet for that? Bernie?
Speaker 6: Yeah? The number one thank you Scott for a service politically and militarily.
Speaker 9: I really appreciate that.
Speaker 6: My son he joined on the delay entry program BETURE, and we were we were second guessing if the other person got elected about him actually entering the military, and the person that he wanted to get elected got elected. He and he felt good about that. And I feel as so that our president is an isolationist with his troops well being at hot and that that's kind of important to me and my wife. And he went to Stasic and he went to ai T and he he went mangineering, and he wants to be a SAPA. And I didn't tell his mother what a sapa is.
Speaker 3: He'll be he'll be well trained. And where did he do his basic?
Speaker 6: So he did his basic at Jackson. Then he wants to go for for engineering and now he's at Benning. He wants he's throwing a rasp, he wants to We were sitting out getting them another pair of boots. They go to a what a pair of boots? A benny.
Speaker 3: I know, I got my, I got my did my officer basic infantry basic there and one thing I remember is ticks, chiggers and snakes, you know, and by day it's like a thousand degrees. By night you're freezing. And he needed a Parker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and uh. The woman that when he was starting his boots on, she says, what do you want to do and he says, well, you know I want to do asked, and I want to go to rent. Then I want to get my ranger to have and then I want to be a sapa. And she looked at him and she said, you're a baby.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: He just turned eighteen. And my wife's got a quiet and she's like, yeah, that's my baby. The people don't understand it, the sacrifice set the mothers made.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm.
Speaker 6: Real proud of them. And I just want to know, like, I'm sure that we can count on your support for the military.
Speaker 3: And of course I served almost forty I served almost forty years. I started as an enlistedman after the Blizzard of seventy eight and made it up to Colonel will ask for it the Pentagon. So of course you can conomy. And I don't care where I live if your son needs me. And I have a great story I can share sometime with the folks. Happy, happy to help, Thank you, sir, Thank you, thank.
Speaker 2: You, Bernie. I'll tell you I know you're up in New Hampshire. I know you have a lot of friends. This is an important race, you.
Speaker 7: Know what it is?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 6: And the problem with New Hampshire, and I'm a transplant. I grew up the mess and I wanna raised my kids with and we'll here so is that when you get closer to the border, it's it's heavily Democrat. But you know what, the state itself is conservative.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you if the Democrat.
Speaker 6: Harried Republicans seventy five percent.
Speaker 2: You know what, Bernie, if the Democrats keep electing guys like the guy that looks like he could be the next mayor of New York, Democratic Party is falling off the edge. And I'm telling you right now this this this twenty twenty six could be a pretty good year for the Republicans. And if that is so, it'll be Senator Scott Brown from New Hampshire.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Bernie. Where do you live in Where do you live in New Hampshire.
Speaker 9: I'm in Knoxville.
Speaker 6: I'm in Lockville. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool, Well listen, go to Scott Brown dot com, get your friends and let's get involved. It's time. You know, we have a choice here. Somebody who's never served in the military, has never been a senator, has no international experience, hasn't taken a tough vote in his life, and you know he wants to. He wants to get a promotion, he wants an title, and he should doesn't deserve it.
Speaker 2: Bernie, appreciate your call very much.
Speaker 6: Thank you, have a good night.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Bertie's Bernie's one of my regular listeners. Scott, he's great, a great family. I think you can count on his repard. We've got to take a quick break at lines here only one line opened six, one, seven, four, ten thirty. We'll try to get everybody for Scott Brown. Appreciate you're kicking off your campaign with us tonight. Scott. I know you announced it early this morning. I thought that the opening, uh introduction if you will, or reintroduction video that you had was stupendous. I don't know who worked on that with you, but it really did, in my opinion, capture who you are, who you've been, and who you want to be. Is that video available on your website for people to look at and case?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we did that in forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: You kidding? Really?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Twenty five minutes or under the guy and I had to do things with family things and yeah, I literally went down to you know where you could see where I was born and and I just banged it out. It was it was like two takes. It was great, and I think sometimes that's the best way.
Speaker 2: So what is what is the website that people can can go to? We'll give it again at the end of.
Speaker 3: The next round dot com dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we'll be back on Nightside with Scott Brown of Scott Brown dot Com here on Nightside. Right after this, we have Steve and Merrimack coming up next, Mark and Woburn and billion Effort coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, roll with Scott Brown, candidate for US Senate, and the election is next November. It's going to be a long marathon. And Scott Brown starting off tonight with us. Let's go next to Steve in Merrimack, New Hampshire. Steve, you are next on Nightside with the man who would like to be your next US Senator. Go ahead, Steve.
Speaker 9: Hi, Dan, thanks for taking my call, and Sat it was nice talking to you earlier today.
Speaker 6: I only wish that.
Speaker 9: Against Lube, Warren and Kahan and I think you're getting.
Speaker 2: A little muffled on as Steve here. I don't know if you're talking into the mouthpiece or not.
Speaker 9: I'm talking, I'm talking.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: I wish that you were more successful against Lousey Warren and Senator Shaheen in both those campaigns. You would have been a far better senator than either one of them. But I just came up with a question that relates to the big beautiful bill, all these cuts that they're doing, especially to Medicaid, snap and research. I was wondering how you feel about that, Senator. Do you think that they've gone too far or not enough or where do you stand on that?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, thank you. You know, all votes in all elections that you want to lose have consequences, and had I not lost, I never would have had the opportunity to be the ambassador in New Zealand and Samoa.
Speaker 6: Obviously.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: With regard to Medicaid, you know, obviously I want met de caaid for people who need it, and that usually is for lower and middle class income people who are disabled, you know, who just plain can't work. But I absolutely don't agree with the fact that you have people who are here illegally on Medicaid. I'm not before that, and I like Bill Clinton respectfully, I think that people who are able bodied, and I'm not talking about anybody who has any disability, who has who clearly can't work. We know people like that and they absolutely deserve it.
Speaker 6: But for the people who are.
Speaker 3: Able bodied and should, they should be able to volunteer or work for twenty hours a week. They just should. And so I like Bill Clinton, would support that initiative. Obviously I'm not there. I I'm not participating. But when I tried to work to rescue the post Office, I intimately got involved. When the Inside of Trading was happening, I help write the Inside of Trading bill which passed, and when I left, they weakened it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So there's a whole host of things in there, and the so called Big Beautiful Bill. For example, there no tax on tips, no tax on overtime. The President made that pledge. He also made a pledge to extend that the twenty seventeen tax cuts. If we don't do those things, then the economy, respectfully, especially the tax cuts, will be in very serious in dire straits. The tax on tips and overtime that's going to help lower middle class income people, and I think that's a good thing. There are a lot of good things that actually benefit New Hampshire in there. But on the thing the medicaid, for example, that you referenced, I would work very hard to make sure that nobody, absolutely nobody who was deserving of that. The argument is also a by oh there's too much paperwork, Well, no offense. Have you tried to fill out an insurance claim. Have you tried to fill out a credit card application, or go down to the registry and sell a home, a sell a boat or a car, or go to to a closing and sell a home. I mean this paperwork, Okay, figure it out, and if they can figure it out, then let's make sure we have people there to help them. So I hope they answered your question.
Speaker 2: All right, Steve, great question, appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I just want you to know I think he's absolutely right that money is there. I pay taxes, you pay taxes. I wanted there to help the right people who need the help. I'm not looking to give my money or have the government take money from me and give it to people don't deserve it.
Speaker 3: Simple and just one other thing. I mean, Chris Patters in the entire delegation. They just want to do nothing. And if they do nothing, then it's going to run out of money.
Speaker 2: And then the people who really need the money will have real problems.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 2: Great point, Thank you, Steve. Let me go to Mark in wilber Mark. You were next on nice that with Scott Brown. Got a couple more behind your Mark.
Speaker 7: Go right ahead, I'll be quick, and being a centerfielder is the best job ever, except for being.
Speaker 6: A rock star or a talksno host.
Speaker 7: Anyway, Senator Brown, thank you for your service. My question is about entitlements, particularly workers for McDonald's, Walmart, and Amazon, companies that have had record profits that I've done well with as an investor, openly tell their employees how to sign up for food stamps and other benefits that the government gives out. And I see this as a huge corporate supplement because that money isn't being translated necessarily to dividends but to executive bonuses, and that's a subsidy in my eyes, from the US government to the corporations. How do you plan on addressing issues where the working poor who are told by McDonald's and literally given pamphlets on how to get social program benefits. How are you going to address that?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's great question, Coy.
Speaker 3: First of all, my mom is on welfare. I remember getting those blocks of cheese and powdered milk. Okay, if there's a safety.
Speaker 7: Net, for sure, I grew up on wealth there myself.
Speaker 3: So respectfully, this is the first time I've heard that, you know, so I appreciate your bringing it up. I've never heard that before. I've heard that our military because a lot of our enlisted people, the E one, Z two Z threes don't have enough money and they actually have to go out and go to food banks and get food stamps and SNAP and things like that. When I was a US Senate, I supported SNAPPED. I think it's there. Once again, it's a safety net. But once again, I don't think that anyone who's here illegally is entitled to those types of benefits. They're just not well.
Speaker 7: I'm not talking about I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Mart Mark. I got a couple other calls. It can make a suggestion you, Mark, if you have some information on that sformation.
Speaker 3: Man, I've never heard that.
Speaker 2: Get that. Okay. I'm just telling you, if you want to make something you made a great point, Well, Scott Brown dot com, get that information to him. You may have just given him a campaign issue that he can use in this campaign and actually improve things. So I think I agree with resolutely. Thanks Mark, Thank you very much. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Have a good night.
Speaker 2: All Right, let me get real quickly in here if I can. I'm going to try for two Billy and Everett. You've been waiting twenty minutes, so you got to go first. Can you do it like in about thirty seconds for me? Bill?
Speaker 4: Yes, Scott Brown. In twenty twenty one, you openly came out and said that Donald Trump was responsible for the Capitol riots. Are you going to ask Donald Trump for your support? And how do you think he would react if you asked them for this is support?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, as you know, I served as as ambassador, and I agree with us a lot of things he's doing right now. But if we're going to talk about what happened, I think the American publics already spoke on that. They overwhelmingly elected him. He got the popular vote in the electoral college. But if we're going to talk about that, let's also talk about Joe Biden. And how the Democratic Party and many people around the country that he was in great shape, he could run circles around everybody, and they lie. If we're going to talk about that, which quite frankly has been you know said.
Speaker 4: Voting him in, do me a favorite, Bill.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, Bill, you're trying to talk over and it just doesn't work. He's trying to answer the question. Scott, give you the final word on his question.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Oh I thought I answered. If you know, that's been discussed and it's been answered by the public. They voted for him overwhelmingly at a mandate. And if we're going to talk about those types of things, we're going to talk about Joe Biden as well, and the fact that the Democrats lied about his physical and mental acuity when I called it five years ago.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks appreciated, Bill.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: I have one more New Hampshire caller here. I'm going to see what I can do with TJ. TJ. Are you there, I'm here, TJ. I give you ten seconds. I'm telling you I'm out of time. If you can do something in ten seconds, go.
Speaker 10: All right, quick, real quick. So New Hampshire has a long stand stition of responsible gun ownership. So Senator Brown, my question is, how will you defend Second Amendment rights at the federal level, especially when we have neighboring states that have imposed stricter gun laws as well as the opposing party.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Scott, I'm a gun owner. I've already spoken on this issue. I'm going to support and file and push to make sure that we have the reciprocity bill pushed. I've already spoken to Senator Mark Wayne Mullen on this issue. There is a House bill. I think it's House Built thirty eight if I'm not mistaken, that's being pushed through. So I'm going to work on that issue, that reciprocity issue, because there's no way that a laura abiding citizens should be good driving to Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine and get in an accident and then have to, you know, go to jail because they have their gun on them. It's not right. I support that, And you know, I had the endorsement of the Londondary Fishing Game Club and a whole host of other people on the two A issues. And I'm going to hire a two A person on my staff to address and guide me in the things that does the previous call, I talked about McDonald. I didn't know what he was talking about. I don't know every you know certain things, so I'm going to hire an expert to give me that guidance and.
Speaker 2: Health perfect TJ. Thank you very much, Scott, thank you very much. We went a little long. It's Scott Scott Brown dot com. Check it out. Scott, thanks so much. Sayhill to off my friend Gail. Okay, thank you much.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: We come back on to talk about a little issue dealing with the Karen Reid trials. Stay with us,