Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio on app. Thanks for holding down the fort because I'm an eight year old and wanted to go to a football game.
Speaker 2: I felt really guilty about that, by the way. Oh wait, wait, wait, wait wait.
Speaker 3: I completely forgot about this until you just said that.
Speaker 2: You apologize.
Speaker 3: You sent me a text and said one day I'll grow up and be an adult or something like. Yes, but glad you had fun. Glad the forty nine ers won. It would have been a very different Monday if you had come back after them.
Speaker 1: Not the Niners won, the Dodgers won twice, the Chargers one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always good. But yeah, I appreciate that, and I probably won't do that again.
Speaker 3: But the missed connection where you texted me things that you were supposed to text your show.
Speaker 1: Oh right, right right, something like I'm peeing my pants or something like that.
Speaker 3: And then I'm like, it was the line underneath that that made me laugh the most.
Speaker 2: It's my wife and she fell on the floor. Oh that's great.
Speaker 1: Wait, let me let me find that. I had like a whole conversation with my girlfriend. Oh, I see, I remember now four or five tests because I was okay, because I was in the plane and I was texting you pictures of Mount Rainier, right, which is understandable. Yeah, and then and then I took like three of the same picture and then everything went off the rails.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't even know what I meant by that. I think I just I don't know, all right.
Speaker 3: Listen, was it the third assassination attempt? Probably not, at least the FEDS have said it's probably not. And and Chad Bianco, to his defense, he didn't have a lot of information to work with.
Speaker 1: But this was Chad was trying to use this as a political I was just gonna say that was his first speech in his campaign for governors.
Speaker 2: Exactly right.
Speaker 1: I mean, he should know as Sheriff of River the people of Riverside County. I'm sure if I went to Riverside County right now and put up a checkpoint and checked cars, I'd find a hell of a lot of people with guns.
Speaker 3: In their cars right now. This guy is particularly an interesting character. But Chad Bianco is describing what happened on Saturday when he and his deputies were out at Coachella where former President Trump was holding a big rally.
Speaker 4: He approached the outside perimeter, gave all indications that he belonged there, that he was, that he had, that he was a participant that was allowed to get into vip to.
Speaker 2: And a press corps.
Speaker 3: He's talking about this suspect, a guy named VEM. Miller, forty nine year old guy out of Vegas.
Speaker 4: And so he was allowed through that outer perimeter. As he got to the inside perimeter, where deputies were conducting obviously a more thorough evaluation of the vehicles that were coming in, there were many irregularities that popped up. The deputy noticed that the interior of the vehicle was in quite disarray. The vehicle had an obviously fake license plate, and that prompted further investigation from our deputy into why the person, why the person was there, and what he was doing.
Speaker 1: So, like when you dig into the whole sovereign citizen movement, right and what that means. I'm sure we've all known somebody who was aligned with this movement or adjacent movement. Adjacent, but they don't believe in the government, they don't believe in paying taxes, they don't believe in a registering vehicles. This all checks out with someone with this kind of mentality, that they'd have several different passports, phony license plates, all of that. I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying it checks out with that personality type. And they're also armed all the time.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, this guy has some interesting response to all of that. Now, again, the guy had guns in his car. That's an undisputed fact, and he admits that. But that's the charge that was leveled against him. It wasn't the potential assassination attempt or anything like that, which would have obviously brought a much more heavy federal response. I mean, he was released on five thousand dollars bail. That's what you would get.
Speaker 1: He's a registered Republican. He runs the America Happens Network, a site with the motto rage against the mainstream media.
Speaker 3: He has a bachelor's degree from UCLA. He ran for state Assembly in Nevada a couple of years ago. He admits that he did have guns in the car, but then said he's never shot a gun in his life and that he is beyond a novice when it comes to handguns and other weapons.
Speaker 2: That he's an artist.
Speaker 1: I'm the last person that would cause any violence and harm to anybody.
Speaker 2: I do have a slight conspiracy theory that we can get to.
Speaker 1: You know how, I like my conspiracy theories in my old.
Speaker 3: Age because I have a little bit more Chad Bianco to play as well, where I think he gets into a little bit of trouble. In terms of describing the situation that happened on Saturday.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFA A six forty.
Speaker 1: Did you see Olivia Rodrigo take that dramatic fall on stage into the hole.
Speaker 2: There's a hole.
Speaker 3: There's a hole on the stage, like John Sicata did thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: So that's a reference. I don't get you know who John Socicata is.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, but he also fell off the stage and severely blew apart his leg really like like.
Speaker 1: Aiden Aiden Hutchinson. That looked really awful. He's gone for the season, Yeah, I hope, Yeah, Yeah, it happened in Melbourne, Australia. We'll get caught up on all your music news coming up in the twelve o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: It's time for you to have a chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Bank that's bank ba NK entering now at KFIAM six forty dot com. Slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the Winning Attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred and nine million. That's one eight hundred at nine million or sweet games dot com.
Speaker 3: Keyword goes on the website. We'll keep an eye on your email inbox. That's how you're gonna know that you want a thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday, Gary and Shannon. This is Charles and Oregon. Yo and Shannon, welcome back from your suspension game.
Speaker 1: I love the conspiracy theory that I would make up going to a game because I was I was suspended, you had free time.
Speaker 2: Or maybe I've suspended. Then I was like, I'll catch the game as well, Fly get get a game.
Speaker 1: I want to get your opinion on this before we get back into this alleged assassination attempt. What did you think about Keyk's interview.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love keyk r Nanda I have a hard time. I hate the fact that he's on the Dodgers because he's like a rescue dog. But I mean, but like the greatest, like most affectionate, you know, already trained, and he does funny things and he's just like.
Speaker 2: The whole like, are we live right now? Yeah, I'm looking around. I was like, I know what I'm doing. I mean, I thought it was great. I was just wondering what you thought.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I loved it.
Speaker 3: It was it cemented in my head the affection that I have for that guy as a player good. Maybe not on the team, but as a player good. And I think the Dodgers, the Dodgers are very lucky to have him. Speaking of which, the Dodgers will play after one o'clock today. So Chad Bianco, Riverside County Sheriff announces the arrest of them Miller, forty nine year old guy out of Vegas. Two unregistered guns that were found in his vehicle, one handgun, one shotgun, again, both of them unregistered. He said that he bought the firearms a couple of years ago after he received death threats. He had never fired them and said he did not know the difference between California gun laws and Nevada gun.
Speaker 1: Laws, where if you're a novice, I don't either, right, I have no idea what the difference is, so and you can't the idea. But I can tell you one death threat, and I bought a bunch of guns.
Speaker 2: I could tell you that.
Speaker 3: You would never drive You wouldn't drive a vehicle into a secure zone. If you're claiming that your VIP or media access whatever, where a former president is about to speak, knowing the level of Secret Service security that would exist in such a place.
Speaker 2: Is it a cry for attention?
Speaker 1: Is it a cry to get publicity for the network that I announced on that you don't want to mention the ND station in Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: Well, this was what.
Speaker 3: Chad Bianco said at that news conference where he decried the level of political violence that we've seen.
Speaker 2: He decried the level of political division that we have in this country.
Speaker 4: What we do know is he showed up with multiple passports with different names, an unregistered VEW with fake license plate, and loaded firearms. If you're asking me right now, I probably did have deputies that prevented the third assassination attempt. If we are that politically lost, that we have lost sight of common sense and reality and reason that we can't say that, holy crap, what did he show up with all of that stuff for and loaded guns? And we're going to and we're and I'm going to be accused of being dramatic. We have a serious, serious problem in this country.
Speaker 2: Yes, what is that problem?
Speaker 1: Well, just the political device, crazy politics, guns, all of the above confluence of events and what he is being dramatic though, I think, I mean.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, and that I love Chad Bianco, the times that we've spoken to Chad Beyanco, the other things I've seen him do in terms of interviews, I really like that. I really respect. This was dramatic. This is a little bit much had to come out. The statement from the US Attorney's Office says the Attorney's Office, the US Secret Service, and the FBI are all aware of the Riverside County Sheriff's Office arrest. The Secret Service assesses that the incident did not impact protective operations and that former President Trump was not in any danger. While no federal arrest has been made at this time, the investigation is ongoing. Yeah, there's a possibility that they do bump this up. They re arrest this guy on federal charges that he was actually planning something.
Speaker 2: Or he's just a dumb dum. Yeah, I'm leaning towards dumb dumb as.
Speaker 3: More evidence has come out. It's a strong red arrow pointing to dumb dumb.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up next, FEMA says it has made operational adjustments in North Carolina amid concerns that an armed militia is threatening government workers. We'll get into that. Who had eyes on this alleged armed militia. Oh, also drove through Aurora last night and the bus is on the way to there.
Speaker 2: It made it safe.
Speaker 1: I did not see any of Venezuelan fi. It was under the cover of darkness. They could have been hiding in the apartment complexes.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: FEMA has said it has made operational adjustments in North Carolina, moved some workers around because there were concerns and armed militia was threatening these government workers. The Washington Post reported FEMA advised federal responders in Rutherford County to be exact to stand down and evacuate the county immediately. Saturday, apparently there was an email from an official with the Forest Service, which is apparently supporting recovery efforts, and that the email said National Guard troops had encountered trucks of armed militia saying they were out hunting FEMA.
Speaker 3: Okay, so to trace that back, we're talking about a US FOURT service email.
Speaker 2: Right, citing a report from National Guard troops.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't know how closely they're working together in this hurricane recovery effort, or.
Speaker 2: If it's just rumor upon rumor.
Speaker 3: The spokesperson says, for the safety of our dedicated staff and the disaster survivors we're helping, FEMA's made some operational adjustments. These disaster recovery centers will continue to be open as scheduled. Survivors continue to register for assistance, and we continue to help the people of North Carolina with their recovery. The disaster survivor assistance teams are working at fixed locations and are no longer going door to door, which is not great, to be honest, because some of the problems that were going on in North Carolina, specifically that western part of North Carolina, is that you couldn't if you lived.
Speaker 2: In some of those up in those hollers.
Speaker 3: You couldn't get down to go to one of these FEMA disaster centers, and you were lying on other people to get to you. You're older, you're sick, you're infirm, you can't move whatever, the roads are blocked. You were counting on other people to come to you.
Speaker 1: FEMA has been fighting misinformation since Helene hit Florida. Some on social media called for FEMA to be targeted after a rumor that the devastated town of Chimney Rock was going to be seized and bulldozed by the government.
Speaker 3: I I there's a lot of things to worry about in this world today. Stupidity, I think is probably the biggest one. I believe that the government is going to bulldoze a town.
Speaker 1: It's to suppress the voters that will vote by and large for Trump. Listen, I've fallen into the algorithms. You think stupidness is number one. I think algorithms are close second. Okay, you fall into the far left or the far right algorithms on X and you are brainwashed within six to seven minutes because you're inundated with all of the echo chamber that exists in that algorithm for either or.
Speaker 3: Side, and you don't know it. You can't not everybody knows it. I mean, you can't see the walls. Sometimes when you're inside the haunted house, you don't know that there is an outside world there.
Speaker 2: And that's the worrisome part.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's where the stupidity comes back in, is that people fall in love with No, that's not what I meant, not fall in love. They fall in the trap there and they can't see their way out.
Speaker 1: Of it, and they think that everyone's thinking this way and that there's no other narrative, there's no other option.
Speaker 3: One of the big issues that's come up over the weekend again on Twitter specifically, is the allegations against Governor Tim Walls when he was a teacher, and they're incredibly damaging, but not based in any sort of true reporting or what you and I would consider a fact based reporting. It's all the innuendo all and you can't I mean, people can't discern now the difference between the two.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like Facebook in twenty sixteen, when everyone's feeds were filling up what your grandparents' feeds were feeding up with. You know, Hillary sells children and all of that. It's just this conspiracy algorithm. Things have just kind of moved from platform to platform. All right, Well, listen from the World War three desk. Not only did China do a bunch of military drills around Taiwan, the United States is sending an anti missile system. Oh and Americans to Israel to try to prevent yet another attack from Iran.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you spent the weekend talking football. Chargers coach Jim Harbaugh actually had to leave the field yesterday.
Speaker 2: He has a real flutter type of arhythmia.
Speaker 3: That causes the heart to beat at an abnormally high rate, and he said he was having a flare up right at the beginning of the game.
Speaker 2: So it was wild. The national anthem plays.
Speaker 1: If you've never been to Mile High, they do the pageantry like no other stadium.
Speaker 2: I mean it's incredible.
Speaker 1: They do an incredible pregame paraschuoters, the horse thunder and the drums and the cheerleaders and I mean all the stops are pulled out. So there's a lot going on pregame and so national anthem plays, They're clearing the field, everyone's getting their headsets on and getting ready, and I look over and I see the injury tent's up, big blue injury tent on the sideline. So I go over and one of the security guys is outside. I go, somebody's already in the tent, like we haven't played a snap, and he just slowly nodded to me like this is a situation. I'm thinking, who could possibly be in there? So I'm looking around and going, well, there's justin Herbert. And then moments later, Jim Harba's been taken to the to the locker room with an illness. I mean, you've seen everyone goes through an illness on the sideline from time to time. I mean I've seen people throwing up all the things, so it's got to be a serious thing. Anyway, he comes back on and we'd heard he had heart palpitations, blurry vision.
Speaker 2: Turns out it was an arrhythmia.
Speaker 1: He first had it in nineteen ninety nine, then had it again in twenty twelve. After Monday night Thursday Night football there at Candlestick. It actually was calling Kaepernick's first game, and he looked like a freaking future Hall of Famer that night, and he even said that in the postgame press conference. He's like, I remember that game in twenty twelve and Kaepernick got a great game, and he said.
Speaker 2: I'm two and L with the arrhythmias.
Speaker 1: And Justin Herbert was asked about that after his press availability and he said they said, and he goes, yeah, we didn't even know what was going on. They did a good job keeping it secret. But then the reporter says, yeah, Harbaugh says he's two and L with the rhythmia arrhythmias, and Justin goes, oh, okay, well let's get that taken care of. Like he was totally the adult in the room of like, let's get that checked out. And it's a completely treatable thing. Sure, it's very common, so you probably have it. Probably my first thought was, this is why Gary needs to go to a cardiologist.
Speaker 3: Because of my potential atrial family history.
Speaker 2: Dad never had an atrial flow. We had a heart attack, yep. Yeah, but yeah, but he also smoked for forty years before his heart attack.
Speaker 3: Okay, not that that was the only thing, No, but that doesn't mean that I won't have a heart attack.
Speaker 2: But yeah, great.
Speaker 3: China has held some large scale military drills in the waters and the skies around Taiwan. China said It's Army, Navy, Air Force, rocket Force, and other troops all took part in these drills to test their ability to fight alongside one another. The oldest aircraft carrier in China's fleet also participated in the drills, the first time that that ship has joined these military exercises. Listen, that's not where World War three is necessarily going to start.
Speaker 1: United States yesterday said it's going to send troops to Israel along with an anti missile system.
Speaker 3: President Biden said this move is meant to defend Israel. Israel is weighing an expected retaliation against Iran after the October first barrage of one hundred and eighty missiles that were fired in the US has been urging Israel to calibrate its response to avoid triggering a broader war in the Middle East. Biden has actually publicly voiced his opposition to any Israeli attack on a nuclear site on any of Iran's nuclear facilities, and his concerns about a strike on the energy infrastructure as well. The US military deployment to Israel is rare outside of some sort of drills that we would do with them, because Israel's got a top notch military for the most part, they don't need us. It's just sheer numbers perhaps that they would ever call on us. But US troops have been helping Israel's defense from warships.
Speaker 2: We do have fighter jets that.
Speaker 3: Have been deployed throughout the Middle East when it comes to the Iranian attack the missiles specifically, but they were all based outside of Israel, whether they're in the Mediterranean, the Gulf of Aden, or or in other bases that might be in different areas. So this missile system, the THAD missile System Terminal High Altitude Area Defense System, is part of the air defense system that exists multiple levels to it.
Speaker 2: It would be a helper more.
Speaker 3: Than anything to the to the missile anti missile systems that already exist there.
Speaker 2: Iron Dome is one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because when they're inundated, the dome can fail in some spots. I was just pulling up this picture of Bill Clinton, and because he's wearing a hat, he does look like Joe Biden, isn't he.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, Bill Clinton was ages you in mid forties when he burst onto the scene.
Speaker 2: It ages you.
Speaker 1: This is kind of a blatant black voter grab, isn't it? Sending Bill Clinton, who did well with that voting block to the get out the vote fish fry in Georgia. Well, they said that she's going to make a huge push for black mail voters.
Speaker 3: Well, the whole thing with Obama last week in Pennsylvania, where he was saying that there was a problem and it's a problem among the brothers that don't want to vote for her for whatever reason. When we get into swamp watch, I'll actually play for you. Scott Jennings is one of the more conservative commentators on CNN, and I'm going to I'll.
Speaker 2: Play the cut for you then.
Speaker 3: But to sum it up, he basically said, a lot of men, black men in particular, believe that the Democratic Party is more concerned about men trying to be women than they are about men just trying to be duked.
Speaker 1: It's not a popular topic for most of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: The video that the Irony campaign put out about I'm a man and like, oh I have not seen that, Oh you haven't seen you.
Speaker 2: I'll look at it.
Speaker 3: I got to make sure you see the right, I mean the actual one, because there's a couple out there that are really well done fakes that make it worse.
Speaker 1: Because and I talk about it all the time, but how many people does that affect? And yet it's like this hill that they want to die on the gender equality and the naming of the genders and the teaching it in schools, and it's it's.
Speaker 2: Not a popular topic, all right.
Speaker 3: But when we come back, we're going to be talking with Blake Trolley's covering the story about the guy arrested at the Trump rally out in Coachella over the weekend. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.