Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine in the games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on JR. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog's Sports page, brought you by Sham Rocking Fest this coming weekend downtown Leesburg. We're gonna be out there Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Taco Bob's gonna be a good time, giving away a bunch of stuff. They're gonna music, ice, cold beer, flowing delicious food.
Speaker 2: It's a big party.
Speaker 3: LEPrecon wrestling.
Speaker 2: Cannot wait, I cannot wait. We'll have more than that as we get closer. It's something to look forward to next weekend. Bulldog. Lots and lots of stuff to report on this morning. Where are you gonna start here with with the Arnie or where you want to go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start with Don Henley winning the Russell.
Speaker 2: Everybody thought it didn't kick him? Oller up, kick him Aler down. The bubbleheaded leech Blonde comes on at five.
Speaker 3: Well, he's now life in the fast lane is Russell Henley Man? What a back nine charged by Henley uh hip in Eagle on number sixteen from about fifty five feet away. That overtook Colin Marakawa and he ends up winning the tournament. Henley shot a thirty three on the back nine. It was Arnie like that charge on the back nine. Never Marinkawa never trailed in the final round until that hole, that sixteenth hole, and boom.
Speaker 2: Then he had that look of what what just the hell happened?
Speaker 3: Right right? So yeah, Russell Henley number seven in the world. Colin Marcala, number four in the world. I did notice this at the Arny. I was there this weekend. Obviously, since they cut the field down, especially like the Thursday and Friday rounds, not as many the galleries aren't as full because there's not any many golfers on the course. So but it was it was a blendid tournament. Obviously. It would have been nice if Rory or somebody had been, you know, lurking at the top. But the chef, he just didn't make enough birdies. And now we got the Players Championship this week. Hey, you guys watch much of the.
Speaker 2: Army I actually did. I watched a good him out. Yeah. It's always a great you know, publicity just for our area in general, even if you're not into golf, you know, they're good about showing some visuals from around the area and pumping up the area. So that's always appreciated.
Speaker 1: I watched my wife and daughter both walk by the TV right when they were saying in beautiful Orlando, Florida, and they both did a double ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah the Bayhill. Remember, hey dog, how about Christopher Bell. This guy can't be stopped.
Speaker 3: Wow, three in a row. Now beats his teammate, his Joe Gibbs teammate Denny Hamlin to win the NASCAR race in Phoenix. Yes, unbelievable what he's been able to do. I mean, obviously he's one of the best drivers on the circuit, but this this year he's really emerged early in the season at least. So yeah, good for Christopher Bell. The woman who was racing though, what was her name? She didn't do too well. Oh god, yeah, I saw she had a little bit of castle legs her name. She didn't do too well. Yeah, her car was acting up early. She finishes thirtieth in the race. She was sort of the big story heading into that race. Magic look at the bulldog.
Speaker 2: The bulldog throws a watch party and it breaks breaks the magic out of their funk. Look at that.
Speaker 3: We had so many magic fans out at Tom's Watch Bar Saturday night for the watch party, and yeah, uh Magic break out of their slump against the surging Milwaukee Bucks. The Bucks were hot through the what are they the four seed in the East, and the Magic just man just came out, jumped out to a big lead. They was stood with stood. Janis on a Tocumbo scoring third thirty seven points for the Bucks, and the Magic ended up winning that game. Let's hope they can keep it going, all right, Yeah, that's one win.
Speaker 2: Houston tonight. Houston tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's Houston tonight. And Houston's been a good team this year. They are another good young teams. So hopefully the Magic can make it to in a row and sort of get on a little bit of a run in these last eighteen games of the season. College basketball, the Gators beat Ole Miss. They're heading into the SEC tournament. Is one of the favorites to win that UCF loses to West Virginia, so they're gonna be the Big twelve tournament this week. I think they're the fourteenth seed, so they're not expected to do too well in that.
Speaker 2: Orlando City went down on Saturday Nights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Orlando City, they go down two to one to New York City FC Saturday night on the road at Yankee Stadium. So not a good start for them. They're one and two.
Speaker 2: Now, Hey, did you see it happened in the lightning on Saturday afternoon?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: So they're playing the Bruins in Tampa Saturday afternoon. The Bruins had just had this shake up of their team. They traded away most of their players that were worth anything and kind of like throwing in the towel in the season, or so they thought. Bruins come out and smoke the lightning for zip. That's the first time Tampa Bay has been shut out at home since November of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's uh yeah. I like how Lynch says, did you see what happened to the lightning? And in Bulldog's no, I didn't either Dog. I'm with you that either way.
Speaker 2: Not a good showing for the Lightning.
Speaker 3: On Saturday, Florida State hires a new basketball coach. Luke Lou's former player at Florida State. He has been named the new coach starting next season. Leonard Hamilton retiring after this season, so Luke Lounce is a new head coach at Florida State, and what about what's going on? The NFL was on this weekend? My god, Josh Allen signs a huge extension with the Buffalo Bills three hundred I'm sorry, three hundred and thirty million dollars, two hundred and fifty million dollars guaranteed. That's the NFL record for guaranteed money for Josh Allen. The Seahawks trade DK Metcalf to the Steelers. He signs a big deal. Miles Garrett who said he wanted out of Cleveland. Guess what they offered him? A They offered him a bunch of money, one hundred and twenty three million dollars in guaranteed money. Guess what he goes? Okay, I'll stay.
Speaker 2: Seahawks Delta, Gino Smith too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a dealt Geno Smith, Davante Adams going to the Rams. So huge happenings in the NFL over the weekend as they continue to dominate the news cycle.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do? Why do you get how long till football season?
Speaker 3: Bulldo? I don't know? We need to. We can start a countdown right right?
Speaker 2: We have that UFL or whatever the UFL coming up at the end of the month. There you go. That'd hold jover for a little while, all right, Obviously, lots and lots to chat about. If you want more sports action, you can find Mike the Bulldog byonchy Over on AM seven ninety six to nine a game hosting open mic this morning, Thank you Dog for taking time out of your show to come onto the JR Morning Show and provide the sports page.
Speaker 3: Oh oh pleasure, nay r r