Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on.
Speaker 2: The iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: I did want to just get to this story briefly because I find it fascinating what rich people spend their money on because they're so bored. There's this woman named Vivianne up in the Bay Area, and she arranges these elaborate group kidnappings. Ten blindfolded and gagged people are bundled into a van, dropped into a warehouse packed with militants, and given clues and tools that help them muddle their way out. She says she charges about a million dollars for ten people. That her kidnap package includes numerous locations, dozens of actors, fire smoke, fog machines. She said, ultra high net worth individuals are obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: Idiots killed. There's nothing else children.
Speaker 3: That's why we have to have spicy food now, is because there's nothing exciting going.
Speaker 2: On in your life. Wow. I do like spicy food.
Speaker 3: I know, but you also don't do it to the point where you're going to cry or potentially ruin your insides.
Speaker 2: No, I had a.
Speaker 1: Cup of noodles this morning, and yeah, and because they have everything here at this place, I found a little packets of Frank's Red Hot sauce. So I put one of those little packets in that cup of noodles and boom, boom, a little spice, a little sodium. How this day should start?
Speaker 3: Quick correction and retraction. Uh huh, Jason said it. I confirmed it. It's wrong.
Speaker 2: Is this about God? Yes?
Speaker 3: The Book of Isaiah is of course written by the prophet Isaiah, and is.
Speaker 2: It Yeah, I erroneously said that.
Speaker 1: I said that it was written about Isaiah because I was reading some Isaiah verses and they referred to Isaiah in his life.
Speaker 2: So maybe he just was writing in the third person. Very very likely.
Speaker 3: Okay, a couple of story, a couple of things though, to get to in terms of our.
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon, I love your guys' Bible talk. It's one of my favorites. But the other guy is probably right. It probably does trigger people, but.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: I think it's hilarious and one of my favorites. And I've always wondered, Gary, how did you what did you grow up in?
Speaker 2: Just grow up in anything?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 2: Shannon grew up in.
Speaker 4: The Catholic States and got hit by.
Speaker 2: Nuns or hit with rulers. Not sure, but what did you what did you grow up? I went to a Presbyterian church when I was a kid. What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Well, it's not quite as Lutheran, Yeah, I mean it's it's it's not as formal as Catholics in terms of stand up, sit down, fight robes, kneeling all, you know, up and down, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Up and down, that kind of thing. It's called genuflecting.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh wow, listen to you late hearing Shannon's struck of Jesse and his wife Rohnda. Hey, we are listening to you.
Speaker 5: Guys going to Las Vae gets to the iHeartRadio Music Festival tonight.
Speaker 2: Say hi if your weekend. Oh, have the best time.
Speaker 6: In this company.
Speaker 2: See you're welcome. And by the way, I date to take your wife to truck or Jesse.
Speaker 3: I commuting honk ooh, how do I know your truck or Jesse unless you you give us a honk. By the way, a reminder, that is what you learned this week on the Gary and Channon Show. Coming up later at the bottom of the hour. So let us know what you learned this week? But what else is going on?
Speaker 2: Time for what's happening?
Speaker 1: The House has unanimously approved a bill today that would bolster Secret Service protection for major presidential and vice presidential candidates following the second to parent attempt on Trump's life in a couple months. This legislation would require the Director to apply the same standards for determining the number of agents required to protect presidents, vps and other candidates. According to the summary, the final vote past the legislation was four hundred and five to zero.
Speaker 2: You don't see that very often anymore, No, you don't.
Speaker 3: Residents of a tiny little town in Kentucky called Whitesburg trying to cope with the shooting involving two of its most prominent citizens. The sheriff is accused of shooting a judge in the judge's chambers at the county courthouse. And yes, this does seem like a Hollywood script somehow, at least attributed to John Grisham in part. Somehow, They said they do not know exactly the motive. We spoke with Laura Ingle from NewsNation earlier today, and she said that there is some reference potentially to a deputy not the sheriff, but a deputy having been caught or at least accused of sexually assaulting a couple of women in the judge's chambers. So a very weird, weird story out of Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Big When for the city of New Orleans, they've gone eighteen days without a murder, CIMEX experts say this is the longest stint in years. Just two years ago, New Orleans considered the murder capital of the US. Now experts say were they are leading the nation in crime reduction.
Speaker 2: When I was there.
Speaker 1: For the Super Bowl, I had stayed in a hotel where a hooker was said to have died in the lobby the week before.
Speaker 2: And then when we were walking can we find a better term for that woman who lost her life?
Speaker 1: A lady of the night, Yes, a lady of the night. Maybe she worked the morning though I don't know. I feel like I don't want to get that wrong. But when we were walking back my parents and I from that Super Bowl, we saw a body in the street, white sheet covering it in all.
Speaker 2: So firsthand experience with that, that sounds like fun.
Speaker 3: Way back to Levitigus, Yeah, no kidding. Was there something else in Leviticus that he wanted to go to.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: There's a mobile home park in Malibu called the Point Doom Club Doom Club of Malibu two hundred and ninety seven.
Speaker 2: They call them residences. Have you ever seen that place?
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, it's right there, like on the I think on the right side on pch The views are stellar. I mean I often wondered, what is that piece of land worth that those homes run? And they are nice. They are nice mobile homes. Two hundred million, that's your price tag. Ninety five plus acre site at the Point Doom Promontory, the largest privately owned ocean front parcel in Malibu. According to real estate broker It was on the market for the first time since the underlying land was purchased back in eighteen ninety two. Wow, what's the highest price ever obviously per site, ever achieved by a manufactured housing community.
Speaker 2: I assume they're going to get rid of those and do something with that land. Maybe the HOA bought it.
Speaker 3: Maybe they now get to own their own property for the first time in a long time. Well, it's time for our Gas Fantasy four play. Now, pay attention to these rules. These are important to play along with us, you must use the hashtag gas Fantasy four play. Now, we're going to throw a tweet up that's going to explain which of these four games are the four games that we are choosing from. But all you have to do is then either reply to that tweet or write your own with that hashtag gas Fantasy four play, and then pick the winners of the four games that Jacob is about to tell us about. And if you win all four you pick them correctly, why then you will be on the list for some of our Gary and Shannon show swag. All right, everybody got that. Everybody's paying attention. Now we got this easy stuff out of the way.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Jacob. What's our first game of Week three in the NFL season? But we two in the Gas Fantasy four play all right? Week three?
Speaker 7: Our first game, we have the Houston Texans going to Minnesota to take on the Vikings.
Speaker 1: The Vikings coming off a huge win with San Francisco, the Texans coming off strong start with c. J. Stroud, who will leave with their first loss of the season. I believe in Sam Darnold, and I believe that he is pissed off after wasting years in places like Carolina and the third backup in San Francisco, and he is ready to shine in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Disagree, c J. Stroud, Houston Texans. They're gonna they're better than people are giving them credit for. And there are still two and oh, like you.
Speaker 1: Said, dude, who's not giving the Texans credit? I just said, you know, I just picked the Vikings at home. It's hard to win in that place.
Speaker 2: Here, you, Jacob, I'm going c J. Stroud in the Texas. Oh see, see, there's other people you want to pick.
Speaker 1: Last year's another loser from last year to go along with fine producer.
Speaker 2: Who did you pick? I'm taking the Texans. Oh boy, separation baby Island all right too.
Speaker 7: Game two we have the Miami Dolphins and the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: The Seahawks at home versus Guyler Thompson is getting to start for Miami.
Speaker 2: I'll take Seattle. Yeah, I'm taking Seattle. I gotta stick with my Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, oh, you have loyalty, unlike Jacob.
Speaker 2: I miss everybodys Tua. But he's such a good guy. He's gonna make a great analyst next year.
Speaker 7: Game three, Game three we have the Baltimore Ravens heading to Dallas to take on the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: These are two teams in need of a bounce back game, the Ravens getting embarrassed by the Raiders in the fourth quarter at the hands of Gardner Minshew. You've got the Cowboys losing their home opener to the Saints that came in and just owned them. I think I'm gonna keep going back and forth with this one because I think the Cowboys play better when they're pissed off. But I just think the Ravens are going to be more upset with the way that game ended with the Raiders and come out there and hand hand the Cowboys another loss.
Speaker 2: Jacob First, I've got Baltimore in this one too, Okay, Keana the Cowboys. I'm taking the Ravens. Hmm, okay. I like this. I liked it. We're all mixed up. I like that it's good. I like that it's different.
Speaker 3: It feels it feels, it feels de mirrored, it feels they don't do it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to all right, Game four? All right, Game four, our last game.
Speaker 7: We have Dan Campbell's the Detroit Lions going to Arizona to take on the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Dude, did you hear Dan Campbell had to sell his house because people found out where he lived and he and the family were just getting threats and pranked and everything. You don't like him, Well, it's because of the last last year's playoff loss and then the loss. Who did they lose to this season already? I don't remember, but anyway, they had to put their house on the market.
Speaker 2: That's just so crazy.
Speaker 1: NFL fans are I like the I like the Cardinals. I like them at home. Kyler Murray's running all around the field like a squirrel on rabies and a working for them. They're putting up big numbers, so I'll take the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: I'm also taking the Cardinals because I'm a huge Skyler Kyler Murray, not Skyler Murray, Kyler Murray.
Speaker 2: Fan, Jacob. I have Arizona two.
Speaker 3: And Keana Arizona. All right, that's a clean sweep for the Cardinals. Okay, Texas Vike Texans Vikings.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was just gonna say.
Speaker 1: The Lions lost last week to the Buccaneers, oh with Baker and the only team the Lions have beat so far the Rams, which are a total dumpster fire of a team.
Speaker 3: Dolphin Seahawks is the second game, Ravens Cowboys, and then Lions Cardinals. Pick the winners of those four games, let us know who they are. Use the hashtag Gas Fantasy four Play. You could reply to the tweet. You can make your own whatever. We will rejoin on Monday.
Speaker 1: A few quick shout outs to people who I know are feeling good right now, and those people are Carol, our friend Carol, who's a Vikings fan. She's got to be excited about the way this team looks. And also our friend Chris with that big win Aaron Rodgers and the J's over the Patriots last night. Two very happy Gas family members. And we do have a chase four oh five northbound excuse me southbound now, and this is moving through Long Beach Signal Hill area. He was on the seven ten for a while and then tried to fake out the black and whites behind him by being pretty dodgy with which exits he was going to take, taking last minute exits, last second exits.
Speaker 2: I'm not mistaken. It's like a but that a buick. It's one of those weird mid size suv things, kind of hard to tell. The well, it's not from Thorson because it is not. It's also a few years old.
Speaker 3: It's probably about a ten year old vehicle that he's rolling around on that four h five southbound traffic is building up. He's right near the Lakewood Boulevard exit there, sort of the Long Beach area on four oh five south, making his way through there. He had been on the seven ten And they believe it's a stolen vehicle.
Speaker 1: Why would you steal this car? SUV Maybe just said it's easier to steal if I jack a car, it's gonna be like a McLaren.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm sure you're gonna run across across a lot of McLaren's.
Speaker 2: Lamborghini will What are you a fourteen year old boy? Yes, we'll continue to watch. That's how had a cup of noodles for breakfast.
Speaker 3: It's Halloween time at the Disneyland Resort. KFI wants to give you a chance to experience the frightful fun and the happiest Halloween brought. Has brought fiendishly tasty treats, thrills for one and all, and a bootiful decord to both Disney California Adventure Park and Disneyland Resort.
Speaker 2: Now through October thirty.
Speaker 3: First, keep listening to KFI for your chance to win that four pack of one day one park tickets to the Disneyland Resort.
Speaker 1: He's driving like Steve Gregory. Now he's driving in the shoulder to get around the traffic.
Speaker 2: I thought you're gonna say he's driving like Matt money Smith. Now both of them.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize they realized Matt was a bad driver.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate the ride to the game, and I feel bad that I'm aligned him.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 3: Well, it is Friday, which means we've spewed a lot of stuff over the course of the last five days.
Speaker 2: Some of it you may have learned from.
Speaker 3: Some of it you didn't listen very closely, which I'm not saying that you're saying that. Here's some of what you learned this week on the Gary and Channon Show.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, what I learned this week on The Gary and Shannon Show is that Shannon has great taste in books. She briefly recommended Defending Jacob and a quick little snippet. You guys were talking about something and I checked it out and read the summary, looked good, bought it and read it in two days.
Speaker 2: Wow, really good. It wasn't quite so much. You're welcome, a good one. It's very nice. Yes, crediting us for something intellectual, not us, I think I was fair. Oh okay, all right.
Speaker 8: But I have learned this week is that you both are the greatest unemployed political strategists, mind readers, and who knows what else biding your time working on a farm information station.
Speaker 2: Good luck to both of you. Was that tongue in cheek? I don't I don't know. Honestly.
Speaker 3: What I learned this week is that some people just don't make sense.
Speaker 5: That's what I learned, Hello, gyman. This week I learned on the Gary and Shannon show that fitnyl It's a bad drug no matter how it's taken, and it seems that there's a lot of ways to take it. So that's what I learned this week. I appreciate all you do and have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: I just got to break in really quickly just to get to a quick update on our chase. Yeah, they're on Redondo Avenue in Signal Hill and there's two people in the car at least because the passenger just kicked open the passenger side door and while traveling at about sixty miles an hour, was holding the door open with his right foot. Now they've they've come to a stop and they're accelerating again. There is an LPD unit right behind him, so well again, keep an eye on that.
Speaker 2: But it's time for more of what you learned. Do you remember what we learned about the otter that they can smell underwater? Yeah, the only mammal. Why are you giving away the upcoming what you learned? Oh, I'm sorry, guys from Riverside here.
Speaker 5: Hey, what I learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show is that Gary, how's the gut bio.
Speaker 9: Of a Haitian street dog?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: True, it's so funny. Thank you. Have a good weekend, guys.
Speaker 10: This is Claire in Orange County, and this week on the Gary and Shannon Show, I've learned that Squeaky From tried to assassinate Jimmy Carter. A couple hours later.
Speaker 8: When I was trying to regale my mom with this new.
Speaker 10: Knowledge I had Gerald, I'm not a quick listener, and that Squeaky From try fascinate Gerald.
Speaker 2: For we've done this before too.
Speaker 10: Embarrassed about my listening skills and about my knowledge of American history.
Speaker 1: But I've done that too. I've mistaken the two of them for as well.
Speaker 2: We all do. Happy Friday. You know I learned I think I learned it here that I don't know.
Speaker 6: Kamala Harris has a lot of accent and it's kind of scary.
Speaker 2: I have a great weekend. Bring some cokes in place, that's good. What is this passenger doing in this car? She got out? Oh, I'm behind you. Then yeah, she got out. She So it's a female in the I'm assuming it was she. There was a lot of hair. I don't know if that's a she. I'm watching that right now. Happy Friday. What I learned this week is moo dany is ya.
Speaker 4: Pigmy hippo, I guess.
Speaker 11: And also it might be all bino and it's not a food, and that I didn't realize that I really need a new breakfast food in my life so much since I thought when Janna was talking about Moondang, we were going to get some kind of delicious, delicious.
Speaker 2: Asian infused breakfast food. No conversation she had over.
Speaker 1: Breakfast that sounds actually like a very nice dish, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Mood? Can I get the Moodang Family Size they have five star spicy Please. Hey you guys, Happy Friday. I learned that, Oh, hey, Patricia, how are you? I learned that Patricia is now part of the show. Have great weekend, miss Patricia to be clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's have a little respect the honor that she deserves.
Speaker 5: This week on The Garyan Schatton Show, I learned something in the first minute of the first show of the week.
Speaker 2: Otters can smell sense underwater. Yeah, that can apparently.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 3: I usually like to do my own research, but I like the way the story is just the way it is.
Speaker 2: I don't need to know anymore. I love it anyway, y'all have a good weekend. See you.
Speaker 3: But yeah, sometimes the deeper you dive into some of that information, it just becomes worthless.
Speaker 1: I've been a hit over the head with y'all for so I'm coming back with a lot of y'all energy.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm through. And y'all don't make it a two syllable thing, y'all. No, y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all, Hey guys, Happy Friday. Hey.
Speaker 12: This week on The Gary and Shannon Show, I learned that otters can smell dead people underwater. And I also learned that you shouldn't put a two syllable word where only a one syllable word should be in your song.
Speaker 2: Learn cash.
Speaker 12: And I learned that there's going to be a News and Bruce next week.
Speaker 2: And I'm so.
Speaker 12: Excited because it's going to be the second time I'm there for my birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, then birthday.
Speaker 1: Man have to burn that place down, Well, not really, you know what I mean, have a good time, not burn the buildings.
Speaker 3: The proverbial burning of the proverbial place. The chase update, he's now driving on the wrong side of North Lakewood Boulevard. That's about Carson Street in the airport area. The passenger that was there got out, and there is still at least one LAPD unit that is following this car.
Speaker 1: I got to believe that was not a female because a female would not kick the door open like that and hold it open for you know, going sixty five.
Speaker 2: What would you do if you were Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I'm usually the crazy person, so I would drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All right, it's time for our nine news nuggets.
Speaker 3: You need to know the stories that kind of fell through the cracks because we had other stuff to talk about this week.
Speaker 2: Here's our honorable Mention.
Speaker 9: Honorable Mention, not honor serving with you, great and honorable.
Speaker 7: Most so, today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of Honorable Mention.
Speaker 1: So I don't always believe in the afterlife I will have a conversation with somebody. It's not what I think, I truly believe, but I'm open to all interpretations. And I do believe that Earls Darwin is still with us, and that he comes up with new ways to reduce.
Speaker 2: The weaker population.
Speaker 1: And this is exactly what he came up with when he created the world of influencing, when he had the brainchild to make people influencers and have them do stupid crap to their own detriment.
Speaker 2: I think that was all him.
Speaker 3: You think you think he thought we were getting too soft or too maybe too strong.
Speaker 2: I think he saw he saw he needed to cut some fat.
Speaker 3: In this case, a Serbian influencer got close to a bear living in Bosnia.
Speaker 1: Her scabinies crawled into the bear's den.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the video is actually pretty funny. From inside the den, you see the bear approach the outside of the den, and the guy say that he was absolutely terrified, which he absolutely should be.
Speaker 1: Why would you, Why are you crawling into a bear's den for the sake of hits or likes or whatever.
Speaker 2: You're an idiot.
Speaker 3: He made it out alive, though, so Darwin. Darwin swung and missed on that one. Yeah, here's number nine at number nine.
Speaker 2: I did ninth place.
Speaker 5: If a cock's dirty nine times out of tennis partners, thirty two and.
Speaker 2: I speak nine languages. Yea kill nine basically everybody at table.
Speaker 9: Nne I feel ready to go another nine?
Speaker 5: And niner?
Speaker 2: Did I catch a niner in there?
Speaker 9: Were?
Speaker 3: You're calling from Milwaukie talkie. This is pretty uh, pretty high figure ticket.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: Guy was going ninety and a fifty five in Savannah, Georgia, and he knew. Connor Cato said, he knew he was going to be fined for speeding, but he did not expect to see a one point four million dollars fine on that speeding ticket.
Speaker 2: How did that add up?
Speaker 3: Well, he called the court to see if, in fact, this was a mistake. He was told that it wasn't a mistake and he was either going to have to pay it or appear in court on the twenty first of December.
Speaker 2: They actually did.
Speaker 3: The software that helps them write tickets just uses the number as a placeholder. No one's really expecting him to pay one point four million dollars originally, or I said. Ultimately the penalty was determined by a judge that defined would not exceed one thousand dollars but still ninety and fifty five one thousand dollars fine is a pretty hefty little uh, pretty hefty little knock on the wallet.
Speaker 2: There, here's number seven eight. I'm a score there outside reaction, my.
Speaker 5: Clive is bold every eight second listening to eight different bosses drown on about mission statements.
Speaker 3: Hey, you might might be nervous because people are outside that studio.
Speaker 2: Just tap in their watch. Wonder lead.
Speaker 8: You're going to leave?
Speaker 2: Leave, okay.
Speaker 1: So remember the story earlier in the week about the girl who jacked her mom's car and drove to target.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, eight year old, right, eight year old?
Speaker 1: This little girl jacked a subway train in New York and went on a brief joy ride before they crashed it and fled. This was a teenage girl that took this empty New York City subway train. They are looking for a male companion they believe was also pictured on the train in surveillance photos.
Speaker 2: They show.
Speaker 3: The surveillance photos that were released by the NYPD showed one person dressed all in pink, including a pink shower cap.
Speaker 1: How did they get the train running, that's the question. It happened just after midnight. This was a train in Queens. But that seems to be like a large security issue that someone could.
Speaker 2: Would Jack get that it's moving?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I would play around and try to figure it out with the levers and the buttons.
Speaker 3: And I don't mean that in sort of the club call out way. How do you get this big train moving? That's a different that's a different thing.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I see what you did there. Back to Hurtful Friday. It's number seven, the seventh, Son of the seventh.
Speaker 5: We're on with seven days with a government, seven.
Speaker 2: Seven years of college. Don't to drain seven seven seven days.
Speaker 1: We've been calling this week thick in Charlotte because of the food that I've just in.
Speaker 3: In China, a zoo is facing serious side I after their pandas were caught doing something that real pandas don't do.
Speaker 2: Real pandas don't bark like dogs.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, But in this Chinese zoo, the shan Wai Zoo, the visitors realized that those pandas they saw were actually just dogs that had been painted to look like pandas.
Speaker 1: They got some heat from about this months ago, and I guess they're still they're still trying to.
Speaker 2: Run the run down the place. Guys out of the car. He's on his feet, now, oh.
Speaker 1: That ends well, Well, you realize how out of shape you are when you start running from the coffe.
Speaker 2: This guy's got some moves.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's a chemically induced speed, but he is a.
Speaker 2: He's not driving on sidewalks anymore.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: I'm going over to sidewalks.
Speaker 3: In the downy nor Walk area Christie Street in Kimberley Court, and he's just kind of running through there. He's got bright blue pants on, white T shirt and he's wearing a camouflage hat. Of course, he's got long hair sticking out of the back of that hat.
Speaker 2: And man, that good.
Speaker 3: Twenty thirty second burst of speed is definitely catching up with him.
Speaker 2: Now. Sure, he's barely at a.
Speaker 1: Jog it's the adrenaline that gets you, and then you're winded and you're screwed and your muscle search twitch him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's on foot again. Corby Avenue and Christie Street. Now, if you know that area right sort of, I think it's technically on the edge of so Ritos. There is an officer probably within about twenty feet, but they're going at about the same speed. The officer's got his taser out and he's gonna pop him right here below a tree, I assume him. Yeah, he goes down pretty quickly. There's the tackle. Excellent what I could see? I can you wrap him up?
Speaker 2: Was it a leg tackle?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, he just tackled him. The guy just kind of turned around at the at the sound.
Speaker 1: I love watching him. I'm on delay and I'm just watching him run out of steam right now.
Speaker 2: It's so great.
Speaker 3: He heard the officer's footsteps and tried to turn around and didn't take long for him to get him down.
Speaker 2: So that guy here's number six, number six, six. You got six, We got six, number six. There's six more weeks of later.
Speaker 10: What do you want to picture of me?
Speaker 2: A rabbi and six drunk and long stom I would just dig you in a nursing home closer to us.
Speaker 5: I don't have to drive, take down, drink another six pack.
Speaker 1: You ever go on a trip with a friend, Do I a male friend?
Speaker 2: Just the two of us, just the two of you? No, I don't think so. So you haven't done it naked, then I guess clearly not.
Speaker 1: Two pals are causing a bit of a stir. They're on a six day tandem bike ride, both completely naked. Oh, this is in the UK. They wanted to see some natural beauty across the southwest of England.
Speaker 2: More like they want to see some natural booty. Oh, it's not. It's a male and a female. Oh that changes. Have you ever gone on a trip with a female friend naked? My wife? But you guys don't do the naked stuff in public? Probably? Probably not.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not closing the door on love, but I'm just saying we haven't yet.
Speaker 2: Number five for five, I have five rules. We beg five little geese. This is the year five point five. Oh my god, would be a favorite. Loose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 3: There's one line in this whole thing that makes me laugh the loudest. Have you ever heard of Vegandale, Deborah, this might be for you. Vegandale is a longtime event that's been run in New York City for a time.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's an eight city rough repping bonanza that spans the US and Canada, and the New York City leg of vegan Dale happened this last Saturday at City Field, the home of your New York Mets. Thousands of people showed up to visit the two hundred plus vendors and rock out to a bunch of music, et cetera. However, they're calling this the vegan Fire Festival because those vegans were all met with a massive line at the entrance. There were too few metal detectors. There was a lengthy process of get tickets. The four lines became a massive crowd. One attendee complained that there were only two staff to control the crowd that had grown to encompass the entire exterior of City Field. Those who were likely to get in couldn't find any shade, they couldn't find any seating, and it was eighty four degrees and moist, and others reported there was a shortage of toilet paper.
Speaker 2: See how popular though being.
Speaker 1: A vegan is, oh yeah, especially with is you got to bring extra You got to bring your own recreational toilet paper.
Speaker 2: Here's number four. It's probably on his fourth tranquilizer by now. This isn't the same world you left four years.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're out of your business, TPE, you go to recreational right.
Speaker 1: If you're putting down that many garbonzobeans, man, you've got to come prepared.
Speaker 2: And I love Garbonzobeans.
Speaker 1: Aren't they delicious? I love them in a salad which I haven't had in a week and a half.
Speaker 2: I love them. I'm mixed up with spices and called hummus.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, easy.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna eat toilet paper on Aisle four.
Speaker 1: Archaeologists in Poland have been flabbergasted after discovering the remains of vampire children, one of which was decapitated to allegedly prevent them from rising from the grave. It is a burial that clearly shows the signs of anti vampire practices.
Speaker 3: Steak through the heart or something like that, or outside of the decapitation. I don't know, Hey, Jacob, I'm going to say something. We can add it to the mix later for post production. Ready, I'm gonna amend my joke. Ready, I'm gonna need some toilet paper on Aisle two. Stat there's a poop joke. Here's number three.
Speaker 2: Three shall be the count and the number of the counting? Shall it be three within three hours? I get it. It's just kind of like three like an eight year old.
Speaker 8: Three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is a little bit brow.
Speaker 3: The hoi ho, which means noise shouter in uh I believe some sort of New Zealand native language, is now the bird of the year in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Oh tell me about this bird? What does it look like? Yellow eyed penguin? Do we know what it sounds like? Yeah? Oh that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh noise shouter in Maori, because of its shrill call, lives along parts of South Island's east coast and the sub Antarctic Auk Islands. And the thing is, they said it smells like fish. Oh, well, because it eats the fish.
Speaker 2: Here's number two. What's going on you too? There's two sons and no women.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is just some of the things that happened in Thailand. Sixty four year old woman in Bangkok was stewing dishes at her home.
Speaker 2: She said she feels a sharp pain in her thighs.
Speaker 1: She looks down and she sees a huge python taking.
Speaker 2: Hold of her. Why do we have video of.
Speaker 1: This woman in the aftermath of her being squeezed to within an inch of her life by a giant python.
Speaker 3: She was there for an hour and a half while this thing was squeezing her. It's amazing that she's She's still alive sixty four years old too.
Speaker 2: Here's number one, weird, number one, number one.
Speaker 9: We're number one, Ben.
Speaker 8: Number one.
Speaker 2: Are you the number one row?
Speaker 11: Number one?
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I've used a lot of euphemisms for this in my life, but I've never heard of sanding the paint roller.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. I was just standing the paint roller. I wasn't doing anything untoward with my own parts.
Speaker 3: The guy in the UK charge with a single count of masturbatory activities in public under section forty five two se of the Criminal Law Act of twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: What a wanker? Get it?
Speaker 3: A video recording of the interview with the alleged injured party, a sixteen year old who happened to be seeing all of this. She was walking to school when she saw this guy doing whatever he was doing.
Speaker 2: His defense was, I wasn't doing that.
Speaker 3: I was simply sanding the paint roller that I was holding between my legs.
Speaker 2: Can we use that moving forward every time this comes up, standing the paint roller. Yeah, that's kind of fun. I mean, it's very innocuous.
Speaker 3: We're going to have to try to remember it. That's the thing. There's so many others that are already floating in my head.
Speaker 1: Well I don't have that problem, so I'll go ahead and remember sanding the paint roller.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate you take sharing the burden with me. That's what Levitica says. Have fun in Pittsburgh. Hey, thanks, I can't wait to go home.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm really excited for the game, but I'm really excited to.
Speaker 2: You know, get home. Yeah, all right. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.