Speaker 1: In the Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the games Mike the Bulldog beyondy jr R.
Speaker 2: Taco Bob. I'm sensing perhaps maybe how that taste might be forthcoming from Mike the Bulldog BYONKI this.
Speaker 3: Morning, How did that taste? Atlanta Hawks? Wow?
Speaker 4: The Magic clinched a playoff spot last night with a resounding one, twenty to ninety five victory over the Hawks inside a sold out Kia Center. The Bulldog was there and it felt like the playoffs have already begun. Give the NBA credit the the play in tournament man. The excitement in that building last night was off the charts. It was electric. The Magic are now going to play the defending champion Boston Celtics in the first round of the playoffs, starting Sunday in Being Town, tip off.
Speaker 3: Three point thirty.
Speaker 4: What made this victory so special last night was it wasn't Palo Bancaro and the Franz Hey Franz Wagner who led the way. The Hawks were keying on. Those two stars in Orlando's supporting cast stepped up big time. Cole Anthony my God exploded for twenty six points. Ten of seventeen, shooting four of nine from three. Windell Carter Junior nineteen points. He was a beast on the offensive boards. Anthony Black, the second year guard, finished with sixteen points. Made all three of his three point shots.
Speaker 3: That was impressive.
Speaker 4: Last night, it looked for it looked for a minute the Magic built a twenty two point lead in the first half.
Speaker 3: It looked for a minute like they were gonna blow it.
Speaker 4: The Hawks pulled it within three midway through the through the third quarter.
Speaker 1: And then the Magic ran him out of the jump and that's when Taco went to bed. He told me, Yeah, I stayed up till the end of the third corner and said, you know what they or whatever it was, They're down, They're down three. I go, I'm out. I'm not even gonna watch anymore. And question for you, don't you being the number one Magic fan though, see have little faith Tacobama, No, but I had faith. I was just kind of like, I'm not going to hex this. So it's finally, excuse me, little goober, there finally on TV. So I gotta watch it, dog because I don't have cable. And you guys are talking about Polo. You got to give him credit, dude. Heuh he had so many assists at the beginning of that game.
Speaker 2: Insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he filled up the statue. He had seventeen points. He went to the free throw line a lot, nine of his ten free throws. He made nine rebounds, seven assists. The Franz even though he didn't shoot well either, he had a double double.
Speaker 3: With thirteen points thirteen rebounds. But I'm not in any.
Speaker 4: Way saying the Magic are going to beat the Celtics in the playoff series. But I will say this, the season has a whole new feel to it. Making the playoffs I think sort of resets what we think of this Magic team. I mean, let's face it, a month, month and a half ago, we thought this team was going nowhere. They looked more like a lottery team than a playoff team. And now they're in the playoffs. They're playing the defending champions. They're peaking at just the right time. They won eight of ten to clinch the playing home court advantage, and they're shooting. They're not shooting great, but they're shooting better. Their defense has remained dominant. Brandon Kravitz, who does the afternoon show on our station, he thinks the Magic are built to not beat the Celtics, but at least make the Celtics sweat a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let's rewind a little bit further back into the season. There was a stretch Bulldog where many NBA observers would make the common comments that hate this Magic team is a team that you might not want to run into in the playoffs. Right so, right, hey, stranger things have happened.
Speaker 1: Second best defense in the NBA, they say.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, over in the West, you got the Warriors one twentie over the grizz Is Dogs.
Speaker 4: Listen to Taco parroting stand Van Gundy stats from last.
Speaker 3: You better believe it.
Speaker 1: Baby, I finally got my voice back. Sorry, that was from staying up until almost ten or whatever time watching that crap.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Warriors playoff Jimmy turned into play in Jimmy last night. Jimmy Butler, who forced his way out of Miami at the trade deadline, landed with Golden State. He looked great last night, led the Warriors with thirty eight point seven rebound, six assists. The Warriors advance as the seventh seed in the Western Conference, much like the at Magic did in the Eastern Conference. Jimmy Butler. Say what you will about his exit from Miami, but he has been a star in Golden State. He takes the pressure off of Steph Curry, who, by the way, scored thirty seven last night. Golden State now headed for a first round series, was second set a Houston.
Speaker 3: Houston sort of an up and coming young team.
Speaker 4: I would not be at all surprised if the Warriors beat the Rockets in that first round series.
Speaker 3: In fact, with.
Speaker 4: Playoff Jimmy in the fold, now the Warriors could win. They could win a title this year quite frankly, coming out of the play in.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Big news in the NFL the Miami Dolphins in near GM Chris Geer announced yesterday that they want to trade star cornerback Jalen Ramsey, so he's on the trade block. The Dolphins are a mess. The Dolphins said this has nothing to do with Ramsey wonning out Bull Bull. The Dolphins are covering for Jalen Ramsey to keep his trade value up. Jalen Ramsey once out, Tyreek Hill wants out, the Dolphins are gonna have to rebuild here.
Speaker 2: Lynch, well, right when you got back on board. Very familiar with that movie. So I mean it's like, you know, I'll know, I know how the the what the plot is and how it ends.
Speaker 4: The Dolphins are just a post. They're the poster boards on how not to build a roster. They essentially took Tyreek Hill, a diva wide receiver, built their offense around him. They got They took Jalen Ramsey, a diva cornerback, built their defensive roster around him. Jalen Ramsey, He's the guy who wrecked the Jaguars a few years ago because he was such a diva. He's also the guy, by the way, Jalen Ramsey who uh forced Vic Fangio out as the Dolphins defensive coordinator because he didn't like to play in Fangio's scheme.
Speaker 3: Yes, the same scheme that won the Super Bowl for the Eagles last year.
Speaker 2: Lightning got together with the cross state rivals Panthers last night, five to one the final from Tampa. Although this kind of just to skate around getting ready for their first round playoff matchup that ought to be a little spicy starting this weekend.
Speaker 3: Bulldog can't wait. NHL, It is.
Speaker 2: It your Panthers or is it gonna be your lightning in the first round.
Speaker 3: Oh, of course it is my Panthers. I'm Solar Bears myself. I'm brave.
Speaker 1: If he's gonna talk lightning every day, I'm bringing back Solar Bears. I know you guys are playing already. I know some people on the team. Go Bears, all right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Beingcky, host of Open Mic on AM seven ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings on IT Jason Does taking time out of his busy show to join us here on JRR for the sports page.
Speaker 4: By the way, happy birthday to the Hoodie. Today, the great Bill Belichick turned seventy three.
Speaker 3: Oh on demand download the iHeartRadio app.