Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Knight Live.
Speaker 2: I am your host, The Cajun Night, Jacob Mook.
Speaker 1: Before we started shooting, we actually had a good little time talking about some possible examples of what could be done as far as the Middle East is concerned.
Speaker 2: None of them good for.
Speaker 1: The record, now, I like, I don't think anybody actually presented a good idea, but it was fun for the shits and the gigs, you know, and for any of the people listening. If you would like to be a part of the before show, the after show, all of the things, then come check us out Patreon dot com slash Cajun Night. There's only one tier for injury. Just trying to grow this to be its own information sharing and lighthearted and fun conversation that we have every Wednesday night at nine pm Central. Without further ado, though, I am gonna go ahead and share the screen and we are gonna get started with the conversation for the evening.
Speaker 2: So I thought this was interesting. This is from Science Daily.
Speaker 1: We have written records that show that human existence on this planet has been going on since at least the twelve thousand BC conversation, Right and then I heard recently somebody said they found some.
Speaker 2: Artifact that would say is actually closer to like twenty thousand.
Speaker 1: But the whole conversation about when did humans develop a written language, a record of some type, and we can only work off of the scant sources that we have. Well come to find out forty thousand year old signs show that humans were recording information long before writing. So this is a picture the adorant figurine from I'm not going to pronounce that word because I don't think half of those letters exist. But it's a cave approximately thirty eight thousand years old. It consists of a small ivory plate bearing anthropomorphic figures and multiple sequences of notches and dots. The application of these marks suggests notational system, most notably in the rows of dots on the back of the plate. So this is from I believe this would be Germany.
Speaker 2: I see Berg.
Speaker 3: So just it says geissen Cluster in Ruptemberg, which is southwest Germany.
Speaker 1: Okay, that word geist. So the B with the weird thing, that's that's an S.
Speaker 2: That's an S. Yeah, Okay, this makes it so much more sense. So geisen Closerry.
Speaker 3: Closter Geissen cluster left.
Speaker 1: So they pronounced that last letter. It's not like French that's let at the end there.
Speaker 2: Ye got you? Well, Okay, So in Germany they have discovered a artifact that would indicate possibly human written language that dates back, give or take forty thousand years, so.
Speaker 1: More than forty thousand years ago Ice age humans are carving repeated patterns of dots, lines, and crosses into tools and small ivory figurines. A new computational study of more than three thousand of these Paleolithic signs reveal they were not random decorations, but structured sequences with measurable complexity. Surprisingly, their information density rivals that of proto Cuneiform, the earliest no writing system that emerged around three thousand BCE. So again we've understood for a long time. I remember, growing up, we learned that Egyptian hieroglyphs were arguably the oldest written language. Okay, then Cuneiform got really discovered and really talked about. Now it's not just kind of in the peer reviewed journal debate going on. It's understood that Cuneiform is specifically Cuneiform B predates Egyptian hieroglyphs. So now we have this system of dashes, dots and crosses that predates that by oh, you know, a few tens of thousands of years. That's fucking wild to me, so let's talk about it here. So more than forty thousand years ago, early humans are already engraving sybyls onto tools, figurines, and other objects. A new study by linguist Kristin Binns of Sorrowland probably university archaeologist EWA dutkinschwicks Yep of the Museum of Prehistory and Early History in Berlin suggests these sequences of signs were not random decorations. Instead, they dip. They display levels of complexity and information density similar to proto Cuneiform, the early snow writing system, like we talked about around three thousand BC, tens of thousands of years later. Using computational techniques, the researchers analyzed more than three thousand signs carved into two hundred and sixty Paleolithic artifacts to better understand how writing.
Speaker 2: May have evolved.
Speaker 1: The results, which were published in pns pnas excuse me, were clear, and even the team did not expect such a close comparison to writing systems. So the Paleolithic symbols in Swabia Jura Swabian, Swabian Duro okay, which if I'm not mistaken, that would also be a thing for Germany, like Swabiland. I know they named a section of Antarctica Swabiland whenever the Nazis occupied it.
Speaker 2: But Swabian Swabian.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming it's like an ancient tribe that might have lived in the Germanic region.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also in southwest Germany. They call it Schwabin, just like Charles Schwab. My bad English call it Swabia for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm because I speak English. I don't sink my teeth into those w's. But for show, for show, the Swabian for sure. All right, let's get damn. Artifacts dating from thirty four thousand to forty five thousand years ago feature recurring patterns of lines, dots, notches, and crosses. Many were found in caves in Swabian Jura region of the southwestern Germany.
Speaker 2: In vol vogel Herd Cave Okay.
Speaker 1: In Loan Valley, for example, archaeologists uncovered a small mammoth figurine carved from mammoth ivory. Its surface is marked with rows of crosses and dots. Other objects from the same region also contain similar engravings. The Adorant a mammoth ivory plate discovered in Guysen closely Yup cave in the Ach Valley. I don't know if I'm supposed to throw flemel on that one or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ach Valley shows a lion human hybrid figurine and is covered with rows of dots and notches. Another well known sculpture, the lion human from holsenstein Stadle Cave in Lone Valley, includes every evenly spaced notches along one arm. Researchers now conclude these markings were purposeful Stone Age people liked, using them to communicate or store information. Is a direct quote here from Professor Christian bins Our. Research is helping us uncover the unique statistical properties or statistical fingerprints of these signed systems, which are an early pre predecessor to writing. So again, and you know this this in my personal opinion, I understand that there's gonna be certain people of certain religious backgrounds, that even of my own religious background, that are gonna say that this, uh, this is disproven because radiocarbon dating is so flawed and all of these things. It's only flawed if you don't know the whereabouts of the artifact from point A to point B. If you're finding them in caves like that cave didn't have some sort of a fire inside of it that would throw off the carbon. It didn't have a volcano go off inside the cave. You could make the argument for humidity tearing things apart, but like ivories, not wood, that's gonna that's not gonna disintegrate with a little bit of some heat and a little bit of cold and a little bit of some water. So again, I do believe that our Earth is a lot older than what a lot of people of my own religious background say, the young Earth creationists out there. That's never really made sense to me. Oh the Earth is only six thousand years old? Like brother, I'm sorry, that's that makes no no.
Speaker 2: Known sense to me whatsoever.
Speaker 1: And we have discovered more things as far as go backle Tepe dogger Land, and now these artifacts that are putting us at least and when we're saying like Stone age humans, I don't believe these are Neanderthals that we're carving.
Speaker 2: This maybe fucking maybe, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't personally believe that. I believe this was an earlier form of human being. And I also think the term cave people might be a bit misleading. I feel like they probably had the abilities to build shelters, right, even if it was something more akin to a Native American tpe situation or a long house or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's I have a heart again.
Speaker 1: I've watched people that do flint napping and they'll make stone axe heads, they'll make stone tools, and you'll watch them chop down trees with stone age materials that they made, start to finish from that time period.
Speaker 2: Not Dusty Rhodes, what's his name. There's a dude named Dusty maybe Dusty Daniels, I forget.
Speaker 1: He's a marine vet and he has a YouTube channel where all he does is make stone age tools and show how to use them, how to upkeep them, all these things. I got a real hard time believing that the people, even if we're talking stone age not cave people. Stone age people didn't have the ability to write down some type of numbering system, even if it was tatly marks or dots and dashes.
Speaker 2: So this doesn't take.
Speaker 1: Away at all from my own personal religious beliefs. But a lot of people this this like makes them question things. But anyway, before we continue here, Sam, your hand was raised first.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: If you look at the quote Magnan and and everything, I'm pretty pretty sure to the one it's from the upper pay of ethic and everything.
Speaker 5: They they're about the same as smart as they have the exact same intelligence. It's hypothesize that they have the same intelligence as we do. It's just they didn't know as much. And and no matter what, like civil civilization, they got bones from the Hobbit people that look like they've even they were broken and mended, which shows civilization. And that's well over four hundred thousand years ago. I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, I forget wound about the Hobbit people. I've heard of them. I can't verify Africa.
Speaker 6: No, look, you can look it up.
Speaker 5: It's down in Africot. They called it the Hobbit. It's a little I think it's ZOOI z u r I. And it's an oldest fuck skeleton. Well it's a woman.
Speaker 6: They think.
Speaker 5: They think it's I don't remember the scientific name, but they called it the hobbit, like the hobbit like wen't.
Speaker 2: Not like the Australia pithecus bones or something along those lines.
Speaker 6: I thought this was in Africa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but we're talking about like not too terribly far removed from Pangaea or something.
Speaker 2: It depends on which school I thought you get into. But yeah, I remember hearing about it. I haven't done the research into it yet, but we can. We absolutely can.
Speaker 1: But and to your point also, as far as what they were able to do stone age and all these things, I forget.
Speaker 2: I want to say it was in the Mayan or.
Speaker 1: The Aztec they found a skeleton that showed copper that was used as.
Speaker 2: A bone mending.
Speaker 1: They had like a wrap of copper around a femur bone and the bone had actually healed itself, and they were using that like a cast, showing that they had surgery and knew that copper could be used to heal bones, way before anybody had ever thought about doing that.
Speaker 5: In the West, right, they were cutting the legs open and landing the uh as the dope as fuck.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, I'm going to search that real quick because let me see here ancient and they also.
Speaker 5: Use it strictly obsidian because it was so vastly made.
Speaker 6: It's like raisor glass.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is it.
Speaker 1: Look here so, uh, this is surgery from this time period, a human with a copper plate applied after surgery. The bone grew after the plate was placed, indicating a successful operation. Oh, I'm sorry, I was way off on the timeframe on this one. The plate was probably applied as an antiseptic. Copper was anti microbial and anti viral properties. The plate dates from twelve sixty to fifteen twenty seven.
Speaker 2: It was found in Sweden.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I was a little off on the date on that one. Fine, But my point is, though, like we have had understandings of things.
Speaker 2: That we don't even know today. Most people don't know that that exists.
Speaker 6: Is that before Jesus?
Speaker 2: So that was AD.
Speaker 1: That was in medieval twelve hundred to fifteen hundred and eighty.
Speaker 5: So yeah, which which, Well, it was a prince and he was like he was like the air of parent.
Speaker 6: He got shot through like.
Speaker 5: The face with an errow, and they pretty much did brain surgery back then to get it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he lived for like another year of agonizing pain. Well, there was another one there was another monarch that he got gore from a bowl or something, and they just cut off the horn and left it in, thinking he was gonna die. But he lived another agonizing year with this horn stuck out of his head. There's even paintings of him with this horn because he was like, he was saying, the hell it would show his like, his manliness and his prowess and all this.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, it's like, bro, you are slowly bleeding to death from a brain aneurysm over a year. I mean, props to you for having the balls, but also fuck that well, I mean, what is.
Speaker 5: He supposed to pretty much snatch it out and give hisself a bottomy?
Speaker 1: I personally I would, just because at that point it was my time.
Speaker 2: Clearly I took a horn to the head.
Speaker 5: Okay, the French king, I want to I can't remember his name it, but I did an episode of him.
Speaker 6: Uh no, Sonamas. He predicted his death. He got hit. They were jousting, just a funny jou.
Speaker 5: The lance splintered and it went through his eye and he lives like another three day is an agonizing pain and all because he's going Noradas.
Speaker 6: If I'm not mistaken, Yeah, because he said, do not do that.
Speaker 5: He told him, hey, don't do this, but in a prophecy like way, and you just didn't hate it, and you already pissed off.
Speaker 2: So Pops, do you wow? Shit, Royce? What you got big don.
Speaker 7: So? The only thing that I was gonna say, as far as the Old Earth versus New Earth, if you just look at the Biblical account, it says the earth was foremostly void. So clearly the earth had been around for a long period of time, who knows how long before creation. And then obviously there are there are various opinions as far as where we get our calendar from our and how we account for how old let's say, human man, evil humans that we know and are. But according to some Jewish traditions, this was not the first iteration of humanity. When the Torres said the earth was foremost and void. Part of it was that there were other creations before us, so that could also take it into accounts these people.
Speaker 1: I've actually never heard that be brought up in Jewish literature. Actually, so Rabbi Sanger, who you've sent me videos of as a matter of fact, with his debates, Yeah, he believes that the earth is only six thousand years.
Speaker 8: Old, and he is humanity interest these another human like most Jews believe that that the that we as humans or since the birth.
Speaker 7: Of Adam has been less than six thousand years.
Speaker 2: Right, which.
Speaker 1: I mean even still, that's a big that's a big maybe because I mean, granted there was Day six people, there was other human beings on Earth before Adam was created. And I feel like a lot of specifically Christians, a lot of them don't know that. It's it's like within the first few chapters of the entire book and they just skip right over that to say that Adam was the first man, and it's like.
Speaker 7: No, Adam, Adam, Adam was what Adam was the first human? But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: No, no, no believe that God made humans on Day six. He made Adam the week.
Speaker 2: After, no reread it.
Speaker 7: So hold on, he made Adam on Friday arab shabas and that so no, there was no like Adam was the first one.
Speaker 2: No, brother, hold on.
Speaker 3: I think Genesis one has the day six and then it ends with Jase seven and then chapter two says I've been doing six for just a second, and talk about Adam. I think that's how it goes, right.
Speaker 2: Hold on, wait, we could we could look this up. As a matter of.
Speaker 3: Chapter one has the day one through seven, and then chapter two begins with all right, let's go back to day six for a secon and basically.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, he chose he made Adam specifically to live and reside within the Garden of Eden, but he made humans to walk the earth and inhabit the earth, which is also mentioned whenever Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden and had to live amongst other humans. These other humans came from somewhere. They weren't of the descendants of Adam and Eve. The misnumber that I've always heard is that we are right right, We are all descendants of Adam and Eve because they are the predecessors to Noah. And there's no humans beyond Noah and who was on that boat so to say that we're all descendants from them is accurate.
Speaker 2: But to say that he was the first man no old on.
Speaker 1: Let me let me double check on this one here, Day six, God created at animals and people.
Speaker 2: They didn't specifically say Adam on that one.
Speaker 1: God created Adam from the dusty earth bre life into him. For sure, he was given the responsibility to care for the garden. But God did not mean for Adam to do alone. God brought about the animals before him all these things. Uh, let's see Adam.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 1: God complete his creation by making humans in his own image. He blessed and gave them a mandate to multiply and fill the earth. That was Genesis one relates the story of creation. Genesis two gives more details, specifically about how Adam and.
Speaker 2: Eve related to the rest of creation.
Speaker 1: So, if we're going off of strictly Genesis and that's Torah, Koran and Bible, Adam wasn't the first human being, although it's okay to assume this because it's six and one hand a half dozen in the other because all human stem from him. So fair enough, if this makes sense, go ahead, Sam.
Speaker 5: No not to mention when their son Cain kills the other son Able and he gets ex out, he goes rest of e Dom and he ends up building a city for his son Enoch. So if it's just human, his wife at that point would more than likely be a sin. If we're going off with that, tony, Adam and Eve, why is he building a city. That would mean there'd be more fucking people, right exactly. Yeah, so blessings to you lord, but he had more people down here.
Speaker 2: Royce your your thoughts.
Speaker 7: I am currently have a right purposes. I am looking things up against I've heard that there were people that. Okay, so whenever the tour mentions things, it mentions things in order to teach us things. It doesn't. It's not exactly a historical doctor, so.
Speaker 1: There are some people that take it as literal historical document. I agree with you, for the record, I believe that Genesis was like, there's stories within it that we can apply as accurate fact, but it's not one details of the accounts.
Speaker 2: I agree with this.
Speaker 6: I do not say deniable quite literally, thank you, but.
Speaker 1: Like for to say day six, for instance, or even that God created the world in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Could he for sure he could do whatever the hell he wants he's got do?
Speaker 1: I believe that saying a day when later on they say that, you know, a minute is but a day, and a day is but an hour. To God like, time is not something that God really like, he recognized it, but it doesn't make sense to him, right, It's not something that he applies to his self. So to a day to God, a twenty four hour span to God might be two hundred and fifty thousand years to us, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's no definite one way or another.
Speaker 1: There are those who believe that when they say a day, he means a day, and there's nothing wrong with that. I am of the belief that it might possibly imply a different time span. But he gave it to us in a way that we'd be able to at least wrap our minds around.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Royce, I'm sorry you were saying something.
Speaker 7: No, so I'm resident right now. I'm just like, as far as things that are literal and up for interpretation, God doesn't tell us how we created the world. I mean exactly, like as far as like molecules and things.
Speaker 9: Right, But so anyway, it.
Speaker 7: Not every person that was ever alive was mentioned in the Torah, like there are specific reasons why there are things that are mentioned, and if it's not important in essence to the narrative. So also in art so the very beginning of Genesis two, verse four, So the preceding account is the chronicle of how everything in heaven and Earth began to function in its proper time, everything having been created on the.
Speaker 10: Day that God may have in the earth, i e. On the first day. So this is where some stages come into plane. So Rashi says, So when it says that these or this.
Speaker 7: Or I need the aforementioned, it is a chronicle of heaven earth. Everything haven't been created on the day of God Mass. It just teaches you that they were all created on the first day when God said, when God made heaven earth. Another explanation of the word key bar am is to write and is two words, meaning he created them with the letter hey, as as it says in the verses for for your trust is in God the Rock. So they're very very various opinions. But I would like to do more research on this, please and then if you if you could maybe send me versus that way I can look into it.
Speaker 1: It's the same versus as far as the Old the Torah anyway, the first five books, if I'm not mistaken, it's a pretty much one to one translation from Hebrew to English that the Quran used, that the Jews use it, the Christians use it. It's all pretty up and up. But I'll send you some stuff. But that's that's the thing I've for most of my life. I believe that Adam was the first person. As an adult, I reread it and I was like, oh, so God made human beings on day six, got you all the things. Next chapter, he talks about Adam specifically living within the garden because that was his purpose. Human beings were not supposed to live within the garden. Adam and Eve were supposed to live within the garden, like he made them specifically separately, like with with Really.
Speaker 7: Apparently he was he was not created in the garden of he says, because God persuaded Adam to enter the garden and he placed him in the garden to cultivate it. Okay, he wasn't just.
Speaker 1: He was created for that purpose though, Like he wasn't supposed to be out and about in the world with the other humans doing the things, building the cities, doing war all that.
Speaker 2: Adam and Eve.
Speaker 1: Were specifically supposed to be his servants in the garden. That was their divine purpose, if you will. At least that's how I understand it. But yeah, I'll send you some stuff on that for sure, Tony way in please.
Speaker 3: Okay, going back to what I said. I just reread Genesis chapter one and two, and it kind of confirms what I was saying earlier. Genesis one goes through the seven days, Genesis two goes, okay, all that happened, Now, let's rewind to before the shrubs were created and before man was created, and then it kind of inserts the Garden of Eden and some additional stuff in there. I think what happened is there were multiple sources to the Old Testament and to what I'd like to call proto Judaism. There was a low hissted author, there was a Yahwist author, there was a priestly author, and these were probably cobbled together at different times, and they said, Okay, you know these myths are kind of similar. How can we ask them together and make them compatible. I think that's what happened here.
Speaker 1: You said a low hist Can you give me a little bit of a background on that, because all I'm hearing is aloha, and I know that's not where.
Speaker 7: They're talking about. Uh. The you wor for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yahweh is the most common name for God in the Old Testament. But there's l there's el Shadai, there's Elohim, and I think there's several others, and I just can't remember what they are, and they come together. They're from different proto Judaic traditions in my opinion and in the opinion of a few other people, and that they kind of fused together and they had to be made compatible. So that's where Genesis wanted to come from, and how they're not completely compatible, but they're kind of close enough.
Speaker 1: Which it also makes sense if Moses is the one that wrote it, right, and we're talking.
Speaker 7: I don't think that, Yeah, but all of them. But yeah, but Moses didn't write it as far as like so as opposed to other books in the Bible where it might have been inspired, and that was their own words, although they were holy in themselves. We basically believe that Moses, for the first four books of the Torah, didn't have a say in it. He was essentially the the quill.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, when I say wrote, I do mean like I actually put pen to paper on that. But I do believe divinely inspired word one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: Well, there's a difference though. There's a difference between divinely inspired and divine inspire. So if you have a divine inspiration, you're adding your own two cents in there?
Speaker 2: Oh no, as opposed what are you talking about?
Speaker 7: So like if, okay, my understanding or of divine inspiration is that I, well, I was inspired to I wasn't inspired to write this as opposed to something being divine and it being written down as God's word period.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the way that I take divinely inspired is as if God was speaking through this person and said this needs to make it to the book. And the reason why is like, for instance, we talked about this on the whole Dune episode, right, fifty Shades of Gray was inspired by Twilight. There is no connection between the two as far as like the storyline. Yeah, the storyline, the character arcs, some features here and there, maybe, but most people don't even know that connection exists. So to say that to the average person wouldn't mean like, yeah, fifty Shades is obviously Twilight inspired right within the biblical sources, or let's just say you know, yeah for this, I'll say biblical. Fine, I would say that all of that is divinely inspired, i e. All of it goes back to yahweh, it all goes back to God. That's I feel like those kind of they obviously flow together. Twilight and fifty shades don't flow together unless you're looking deeper to find that there's an obvious plagiarism here.
Speaker 2: Does this make sense?
Speaker 7: I mean, I hear are you saying? I think it's just a big potential, just a different in understanding. I agree with it. So, for example, the all of the other books of the Tanak minus the Torah, I would agree that they are just finally inspired, and they came into existence and being through whatever God wanted it to. And these were the words that he that God wanted on on paper. Yeah, as as opposed to the Torah, which I think is a higher level I mean, which is the higher level of holiness and divinity. That that's why there are so many authors who are so painstakingly try to figure out what each word means an extra letters or missing letters, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But the same could be said for anything of the Hebrew literature outside the toy even right even after that, but to not there's still a lot of conversation about the missing letters and the actual definition of behind all of that.
Speaker 7: No, no, so I agree that there's a understanding. I mean, for example, in the Book of Esther, there are a number of letters that are large and a number of letters that are small. That set of letters, the gamatri, are the equal those letters equal. Basically whenever the Nuremberg Trials happened, and how the people were were hanged, and the one person that committed suicide was very much so mirrored, or what happened in the Book of Esther was mirrored in those trials.
Speaker 2: Wait, the Gomatria to the book of Esther is a predecessor for the Nuremberg trials.
Speaker 7: No, no, so nothing matria of Estra.
Speaker 11: So in the Book of Esther, there are a number of of letters that are larger than what they should be, and there are a few letters that are smaller than what they should be.
Speaker 7: If you had all of the if.
Speaker 1: You you know what I mean, like capital on lower case by the way, right, you mean like purposely written to be larger.
Speaker 7: Correct, okay, correct, purposely We're ready to be larger, purposely to be written smaller. And there was and there was an illusion because so after Hammon's children were were all hangs, Esther basically praised to God that the evil people should you know, should should be killed. And look, so why did she utter this prayer when the sons were already killed. And it's because she was a prophetesque and she knew what would happen in the future. And that's that's why.
Speaker 2: This is the first time I've ever heard this. This might become an episode of the cult. To be completely honest with you.
Speaker 1: Wow, And before we continue, North Trucker, I know that you are not somebody that gets down with any kind of biblical references.
Speaker 2: Are we is all what we're talking about completely lost on you?
Speaker 1: Or like I don't even know your background as you grow up in some sort of a proto Christian household, or and then found your way to paganism later on, or where are you?
Speaker 7: I meant I've met.
Speaker 12: I originally was a Catholic, but I lost faith in when I was thirteen years old, right started reading into Viking stuff. Then I got into the gods and everything like that, and then this is probably about fifteen. Then I was heavily into it right up until my twenties, got into bad shit as we do in our twenties, as one does, Yeah, and then started coming back to it in my thirties right wanting to get back into it. But uh, yeah, no, I pretty much have a layout of what it is, right and what you guys are talking about the biggest thing though, is that even in my religion, right.
Speaker 13: We'll say your religion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is.
Speaker 12: Actually two humans that were originally created.
Speaker 7: By the gods, and the three gods.
Speaker 12: Are Odin, Villi, and Vague right, and the humans that they created were actually called ash and or asked.
Speaker 2: In blo where we get ash and elm trees from?
Speaker 12: I do believe so because they were created from the ash and elm tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was like four breeds of trees that were like specifically religiously important to the Nordics. I know Ash, yes, home, Birch, and I want to say oak, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, And.
Speaker 1: So I used to know a little bit more about the Nordic pagan beliefs than I do now. It's been a hot minute since I did some research into them. But is there any cohesive thought as far as how old the earth is per the Nordic tradition?
Speaker 13: I not really, because I'm.
Speaker 1: I know there's a creation story, there is something close to it as far as like how the realms were created kind of thing, But as far as the earth itself. I don't really know if they have a date set on that kind of shit.
Speaker 13: No, they don't, because it's actually by mouth and everything like that, because we.
Speaker 12: Didn't have well, the our Chiavens didn't have written word or anything like that, but they did have ruins. Yeah right, they were set on set on stones all across the Germanic air quotations like Slavic areas.
Speaker 13: But they can't you can't really carbon date when they were actually made because it's rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, so yeah, God.
Speaker 12: It could be one hundred thousand years ago, it could be two hundred thousand years ago. Maybe our religion was what kicked Christianity, but we don't know that, right, We don't know that because even if Alexandra was actually the Library of Alexandra's sorry, even if they had all them written word in it, well, I'm pretty sure that's all in the Vatican now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, I'll tell you what, dude.
Speaker 1: For the majority of my life, I always looked at the burning of the Library of Alexandria is probably like one one of the biggest hits to humanity, and in some small way I still kind of feel that way. But looking at the data that we have now the library was pretty much in disrepair when the burning took place. There was other libraries that had way more documentation or way better staffed at the time. Alexandra at one point was like the hub of all information and all knowledge. By the time it burned down, Like, there's some evidence to suggest that half of those books and scrolls and everything else were just rotten anyway and unreadable.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't as big.
Speaker 1: Of a hit as the lack of upkeep, you know, but to the point, a lot of a lot of the stories and a lot of the history that's lost to the sands of time, not just from Alexander, but even like the Library of Ephesis Delphi, all these like, yeah, it's it is a massive hit, And I wish we had these documents.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, I do too. Yes, indeed, Sam, what you got, big dog?
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, when you take an account that we're saying that there are other people didn't add them, it would taking account the fact that in that it says that then the sons of God came down into the daughters of men, and they created the mighty men of old, the mighty men of renown, which would talk about like your demi gods, which one fact, Heracles and Achilles are both technically demi gods if you look into their mythologies, and Thor is set actually a seventy five percent giant and twenty five percent as because Odin is fifty giant fifty. So it kind of makes you wonder why I thought it was the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so a couple of things to break down here. Uh, Heracles with you demi god. Achilles his parentage wasn't of a god. His the only reason he had his powers because mother dipped him in that river.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes, but.
Speaker 5: His mother wasn't in war.
Speaker 14: She was a Yeah, I can't remember her name, but I was looking through it. She he's her mother is an immortal, like she's not a god, not an Olympian, but she was like a lester d eighty of sorts.
Speaker 1: I am gonna have to relook at that because I that information. This might be the first time in my life I've ever heard that. So it's been a long time since I looked into the Iliad in the Odyssey, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, obviously I don't believe any of that stuff happened, But hero story stories were really popular in the ancient Near East, So what I imagine is a lot of ancient people within Israel were probably sort of drawn to these superhero stories. So the Jewish religion had to kind of repudiate this, like, no, God's having sex with women and creating these Nephelin characters. That's a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Wait, you don't believe in giants, Tony.
Speaker 2: No, No, really, and I mean, like.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know. There were maybe like seven foot tall skeletons. There were some really tall people, but I don't believe in the whole gods and women, you know, making babies or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's take it to a more and still ancient story, but more recent than the creation Goliath. Do you believe that he was in fact a giant or a really tall dude that they just kind of made legend and Lord just sound like he was Nephelin blood.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think he was either a really large guy or maybe the whole story.
Speaker 2: Is made up really damn Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, so Goliath has descended from Ogue, who tagged on with the Noah's Ark or something. I remember some people speculating with that I don't believe any of that stuff happened.
Speaker 2: So I don't I don't think that the Nephelum.
Speaker 1: I heard the story that one of them like hailed on to Noah's boat and that's how the nephel and blood line survived. I'm of the belief that the same way that possession can happen in a human body, nephilimic possession could have happened back in these days.
Speaker 2: I know it's it's that's completely faith based.
Speaker 1: I understand there's no quantifiable evidence to back any of these things up.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, you might be the only Christian I know that has views that you do. Like you are a monolith bro.
Speaker 3: Uh uh yeah, I'm well, you know, you know, Thomas Jefferson tried to delete everything supernatural out of the Bible, and I don't think I go quite that far, but like I am a little more in that direction than a younger creationist.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: The Jefferson Bible is literally just quotes from Jesus, like that's it, the Old Testament.
Speaker 2: We don't even know that. We need to know what the dude said.
Speaker 1: And I mean he he wasn't exactly a Christian. He wasn't exactly an atheist. He I think he more leaned towards the Christian ethos as far as that goes. But I've done a fair amount of research into Jefferson. There's like, I think he might have attended church on the rare occasion, but he definitely wasn't a Bible toting Christian by any stretch of the imagination. He was more of the uh I guess what we would maybe call Renaissance type of mindset maybe, but yeah, he So you're saying as far as the uh, the mystical properties of the stories of old that that's never really jibed with you.
Speaker 3: Uh, not a whole lot. But uh, you know, I guess I do believe in the resurrection, and I do believe in Jesus's miracles, including and I will you know, contradict myself here, the multiplication of the loaves and the fishes. I think that was meant to be taken literally and not just symbolically. That the real miracles that they shared their food. Now, yeah, it's supposed to it's supposed to be interpreted literally.
Speaker 1: So then I guess my next question to you is why Catholicism, of all of the sects of Christianity that some of them are more aligned with what you're saying. As a matter of fact, why would you go with the one that's got the most mystic properties to it whatsoever.
Speaker 3: The most myssed. I don't know about that, but I was born into it, so like most people, that's just where I ended up.
Speaker 2: I got you, all right, And by that, for the record, I'm not trying to throw shade towards Catholicism any means, but like no other, no other group actually believes in transubstantiation, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like no, I think the Lutherans and the Anglicans do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Anglicans do, you're right, but they also consider themselves Catholic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they do. And I think it's most it's Calvinists, and well that turned into a big branch Protestantism. They reject it. But yeah, I think that was meant to be interpreted literally too, And it was kind of scandalous because you're not supposed to drink blood. Yeah, you're faithful practitioner Judaism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you do believe in transubstantiation.
Speaker 3: Yes, at least I'm supposed to. And yeah, I tried to. Does that make sense? I can try to. I think belief is largely an involuntary reaction to external stimuli like other emotions. But you can choose to try to believe things. So I think that's where I'm at. I try to believe it, so at least I'm trying.
Speaker 1: You're a complicated guy, dude, and I appreciate that about you, honestly. You know, you add there's levels to you, there's depth there. Fuck yeah, Sam, your hand is raised and Royce unmuwt to himself.
Speaker 2: Whoever speaks first can go for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say that Achilles is mother's name is Thesties. She was a nymph slash Naiad, so she is of the divinity through the Poseidon everything because she is of the sea. So in which case, yes, Achilles was a demi god. But she dipped him in the river stakes so he would be and her attempts to be for him to be blessed or immortality. But the reason why his achilles heel was what's killed him just because that was his mortal point, because that was the only bit of his humanity that I was asked.
Speaker 6: Because she dipped him in and when she.
Speaker 13: Did she was.
Speaker 5: She was holding him by his heels, which is why you have achilles tendon.
Speaker 2: So, okay, I didn't know that she was a nymph.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is, if I understand this correctly, she was a offspring of Neptune sticking his dick in plants, correct.
Speaker 2: Socidon.
Speaker 5: So in Greek he's posided in when he's Neptune.
Speaker 2: Most of the most of the.
Speaker 1: Roman structure is about the three big gods not being able to keep their dicks to them. So, actually, Hades didn't do that ship. Hades was respectful.
Speaker 5: Hades was actually the only one faithful in his in his marriage, but out of his brothers and everything. But no, she was more of like a beauty, that is, lily of the sea.
Speaker 6: She's not an offspring of Poseidon.
Speaker 5: Those would be the Psyclopses, such as most famously known as Polycemius, which is the one that but what what's his name? Odysseus poked his eyut and he said, who attacked you? And he said it was no one, And yeah, I really love Greek mythology.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that that one Cyclops was also the offspring of the sea god.
Speaker 1: I really do need to reread the Aliad in the Odyssey. I think they're phenomenal books. Also, ship what was the third iteration of it?
Speaker 13: You have the the Odyssey and the Iliad, but these the one one.
Speaker 2: Of this I'm gonna get pissed off.
Speaker 1: Basically, when when Paris gave the Sword of Troy to old Boy and then he allegedly founded Greece, I'm trying to remember what the name of the fuck.
Speaker 5: There's two Trojans that that found that they claimed to have found a loan because after they were breastfed a by the wolf mother Lucus, which is why we have the consolation of it.
Speaker 2: God, damn it. There was another one that starts a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bojans to Greek that was Chrosen because Troy was at war with Grief.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 1: I want to say the book starts with an A. I could be wrong. It's been a hot minute. I really do need to get back into the classics. It's been it's been far too long.
Speaker 5: I'll figure it out and I'll text it to you. But the movie that's based around that and all it is called Troy.
Speaker 2: By the way. Yeah, it's a phenomenal movie. Phenomenal movie. They left out so many key details.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you're taking one of the most epic stories ever told and trying to condense it down to a two hour movie.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be things left out, So I.
Speaker 1: Mean, take what you want, S and D love you, brother, Appreciate you, Norse trucker. Your hand was raised and then you put it down. Did you want to speak on it?
Speaker 13: Royce closed?
Speaker 2: Next?
Speaker 7: All right, Royce, No, no, that was actually that was an accident. I do know if you contribute, Okay, fair enough, Oh now I forgot what.
Speaker 2: It's all good anyway.
Speaker 1: I just thought this was really interesting to bring up here, as we're talking about how old, not just the earth but humanity is. Now, we know, beyond any shadow of any doubt that we have written records that date to thirty eight to forty thousand BC, and I think that was just cool as fuck. So I thought we'd just start off the episode with that, also bringing this one up as Darma old things. There was a treasure hunter. I don't know I many of all remember hearing about this, so he refused to disclose the location of shipwrecks five hundre gold coins. He was arrested for that, and he was just released from prison. Let's talk about this a little bit more so. A former deep sea treasure hunter who made one of the greatest shipwreck discoveries in American history and spent the past decade in prison after refusing to disclose the whereabouts of some of its missing gold coins is now free. Tommy Thompson, who in nineteen eighty eight located what was known as the Ship of Gold quote unquote off the coast of South Carolina, and he was released last Wednesday, which this was. This article is from March tenth, so I guess that'd be two weeks ago as time recording goes, according to the Federal Bureau of Prison records reviewed by the Associated Press. Thompson, an Ohio born research scientist, was hailed as a hero after finding the SS Central America and it's thousands of pounds of sunken treasure that sat at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean for more than one hundred and fifty years. The ship sank in September of eighteen fifty seven, along with four hundred and twenty five passengers and crew members and thirty thousand pounds of federal gold from the new San Francisco Mint to create reserve for banks in the Eastern US. The ship was located by Thompson and his team more than seven thousand feet below the surface, but in the decades that followed, he battled with investors who accused him of cheating them out of millions when they went, and then spent years on the run as a fugitive before being sent to prison over rebuffing court orders while contending he didn't know what happened to five hundred coins minted from the ship's gold. Can y'all imagine that shit. You're hailed as a hero for finding this lost ship and its gold and his treasure and all that, but they're now going to give you shit because there's five hundred unaccounted for thirty thousand pounds of gold, and there's five hundred coins that we just can't account for, and your boy gets brought on federal charges and was arrested for this. He spent decades in jail, decades for something that he probably had no fucking clue.
Speaker 2: It's possible he swiped him.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, And honestly, if he did, let the boy have him, he found him. Finders keeper's dog, but okay. Continuing on here, the Central America was filled with a big haul from the California gold rush. When it sank in a hurricane in eighteen fifty seven, four hundred and twenty five people drowned and thousands of pounds of golds were lost, contributing to an economic panic. Investors who backed Thompson's venture sued him in two thousand and five, saying they had yet to receive any money from the fifty million dollars sale of more than five hundred goal bars and thousands of coins, just part of the ship's booty. Thompson, who was living in Florida, went into seclusion and then later became a fugitive when an Ohio federal judge issued a warrant of his arrest in twenty twelve after he failed to show up in court. Three years later, authorities tracked Thompson to a Florida hotel where he was living under a fake name. The judge then hailed him in contempt and sent Thompson to prison at the end of twenty fifteen for refusing to answer questions about the location of missing coins. So excuse me, I said, decades he spent a decade my bad. Thompson, now seventy three, maintained that the coins, valued then at two point five million, were turned over to a trust in Belize, and said that fifty million dollars from the sale of the first batch of Goal mostly went toward legal fees and bank loans. Yo, Belize just be making some crazy ways into the conversation of my life here lately. I'm just throwing it out. Belize is an awesome spot, you know, good for investments and banking.
Speaker 2: Apparently, he remained.
Speaker 1: Locked up even though federal law generally limits jail time for contempt of court to eighteen months.
Speaker 2: He was in jail for a decade. Wow.
Speaker 1: A federal appeals court in twenty nineteen rejected Thompson's arguments that the law applied to him, saying his refusal violated conditions of a plea agreement. The following year, Thompson appeared by video for another hearing, where US District Judge Algernon Marbley Algernon God his mom hates him, asked again, asked whether he was ready to address the whereabouts of gold. I'm really curious if Algernon is a family name or if that's off of the book Flowers for Alganon. And if so, that's why I said his mom hated him anyway. Direct quote from Thompson here, He said, your honor, I don't know if we've gone and gone over this road before or not, but I don't know the whereabouts of the gold. Thompson responded, I feel like I don't have the keys to my freedom. Just over a year ago, Marbley agreed to end thompson sentence on the civil contempt charge, saying he was no longer convinced that keeping him in prison would produce an answer. The judge then ordered Thompson to immediately start serving a two year sentence for skipping the twenty twelve court hearing people kill people and get out in half the time. Dwight Manly, a California coin dealer who bought and sold nearly the entire fortune, said Monday that Thompson paid a heavy price over what he described as a business dispute, and I have to agree with that. Going to prison for ten years over a business dispute is not of America, mainly said, people kill people and get out in half the time. Sentences and civil contempt cases are somewhat indefinite, but they shouldn't go on forever, said Ryan Scott, a University of Florida law professor who researches contempt law and work to secure Thompson's release. It's very unusual to get ten years or to go on ten years. So this is Tommy Thompson. This is the former deep sea treasure hunter who found this gold. Which again kudos to the guy for doing the research to find this, but shit on the government for arresting him for this long for five hundred missing coins. So he handed over bars of gold, all these coins. Now his investors not getting any money back for their investment.
Speaker 2: I can't speak to you. Got to pay the people that paid you.
Speaker 1: Likes, that's just good business here, but specifically over five hundred coins, that's that's a hefty, hefty sentence for that, he said. Thompson should have been freed years ago, since at least twenty eighteen, after the court smith the underlying case, calling it a miscarriage of justice for this to have gone on this long. Treasure from the SS Central America has fetched millions of dollars over the years. In twenty twenty two, one of the largest ss Central America ingots ever offered at auction. An eight hundred and sixty six point one nine ounce fine known as just an hunter Ingott sold for two point one six million dollars through Dallas based heritage auctions in twenty nineteen. Multiple relics from the shipwreck hauled more than eleven million at auction.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and one, an eighty pound.
Speaker 1: Ingot that is quite an ingot, good God, was bought by a private collector for a record eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like all of these millions of dollars had made their way out, but they're gonna throw them in jel over five hundred coins.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. This is crazy. But he has freed. He has been freed.
Speaker 1: Rather, he is a freeman out here breathing the free air, and I'm hoping that he gets his retribution. I hope that he is still seen as a hero and a legit treasure hunter who went the extra mile and made it happen. So I thought that was going to be a cool one to bring up.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk a little bit about what's going on with Iran is from a couple of days ago, the carrier, the USS gerald R Ford suffers a fire and at least two sailors are injured. Now this is the same gerald R Ford that was.
Speaker 1: Having issues with their plumbing and their toilets backing up not too terribly long ago, and now they had a fire. So let's learn a little bit more about this. The fire broke out on board aircraft carrier SS gerald Ford on Thursday. Multiple sources confirmed to us NI News the initial fire has been extinguished, but the crew is still doing damage control. According to a US official, Naval c Systems Command for Deployed Regional Maintenance Center Good God, that's mouthful is preparing to help the fleet with electrical support. On March twelfth, the USS gerald R Ford experienced a fire that originated in the ship's main laundry spaces.
Speaker 2: The laundry spaces.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's important because when this ship caught fire, Iran was trying to tout it as a victory for them, like one of their bombs had gotten through.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing a few social media posts from their.
Speaker 1: Outlets saying that they had just scored a hit and there was a there was a picture of the fire and all these things they were using it for that propaganda that didn't go twelve hours before they were like, no, that's that's not what happened. There's actually no way in hell that you could touch our boats. But like, okay, so just so we're clear here, the laundry room, some fucking lower enlisted didn't clean out the lint traps or and or a dryer overheated or something, and there was a fire on the ship. That is the thing that happened. The cause of the fire was not combat related and is contained. There was no damage to the ship's propulsion plant, and the aircraft carrier remains fully operational.
Speaker 2: Two sailors are currently receiving.
Speaker 1: Medical treatment for non life threatening injuries, and our stable or instable condition rather. Additional information will be provided when available. As of Wednesday, Ford was operating in the northern part of the Red Sea, off the coast of Al Jaj, probably mispronouncing in Saudi Arabia. According to a ship spotter, Ford and three of its escorts, the USS Mahan, USS Bainbridge and the USS Winston S. Churchill, transited the Suez Canal last week. The Ford Carrier Strike Group has been participating in Operation Epic Fury, the US is Raeli campaign against Iran that is nearly nearing the end of its second week. The carrier has been deployed since June of twenty twenty five and has been extended multiple times. Last month, the Pentagon extended Ford and tasked the carrier to the Middle East ahead.
Speaker 2: Of the start of the war with Iran.
Speaker 1: If the Ford remains deployed until mid April, it will break the post Vietnam War two hundred and ninety four day record for carrier deployments. The USS Abraham Lincoln set that record in twenty twenty. Should the carrier stay out until early May, it would rival the three hundred day plus deployments that carried carriers conducted during the Vietnam War in the Gulf of Tonkin. So anyway, I just want to bring this out here. A lot of things have been said about the fire on the Gerald Ford. It was a laundry room.
Speaker 2: Fire, y'all. That's all it was.
Speaker 1: Everything is fine, everything is hunky dory. But as we were talking about the sea, as we were talking about the ocean and things like that, and because we were just talking about treasure hunting, there is a conversation being had right now the archaeological discovery of the century. A city resembling Atlantis has been found at the bottom of a lake. I thought this was fucking awesome, so let's talk about it here. A medieval settlement has been confirmed on a lake floor, showing that streets and buildings lie underwater today. That drowned footprint charges are changes where historians look for trade, religion, and daily life along Central Asia's oldest travel corridors. So let's talk about it more. Along Lake a Sikh Cool in Kyrgyzstan south of Kazakhstan in Central Asia, divers in an underwater expedition surveyed a flooded zone near Toro or Turu or a ager can't pronounce it anyway using those fines archaiolol archaeologists Valerie Kolinchko Kolchinko, Kolchinko, Yeah. Valerie Kolchinko of the National Academy of Sciences in the Kurjez Republic called it a city from just three feet to thirteen feet down. Kolchinko's team mapped four separate areas where walls, beams, and pottery state intact. Such intact material make the label or the lakeb lat Jesus Christ. That's a misfucked up word there, makes the lake bed more than a rumor, But the real street plan still remains hidden walls, kilns in debris. So back in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four, an expedition report described brick buildings and kiln complexes lying beneath the water of this lake. Alongside the masonry, divers collected broken ceramics, animal bones, and slag left over ways from metal heating and refining. Under loose sand, the team found a preserved cultural layer, a band of soil packed with human traces, findings that buried layers are finding. That buried layer suggests people built and rebuilt on the shore for years before water covered everything.
Speaker 2: So caravan rhoads once threaded around this region, and UNESCO tracks those corridors in its Silk Roads program. In Kyrgyzstan, a conservation report traced a main path from Chui Valley west of this lake and over Bedel Pass into China.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm not saying this is actually Atlantis. I'm saying a completely intact city underwaters where the Atlantis thing comes from. Some through that corridor, merchants moved silk, spices and metal works, while ideas about religion and language traveled with them. The monument understudy is a city or a large commercial alg a goalt, agglomeration, amalgam. I don't know if they misspelled that one either. Either way, it's a large commercial city, you know, market if you will. On one of the important sections of the Silk Road, so burials point to Islam. Near the ruined buildings, a team documented a thirteenth and fourteenth century Muslim necropolis, a planned cemetery used by the com by one community. Bodies lay with faces turned toward Quibla Quibla, the direction of Mecca during prayer, matching long standing burial practices. Covering roughly one thousand by six hundred and fifty feet, the cemetery still hailed enough bone for specialists to recover two individuals. Wave action is eroding the graves now, so carefully recording or careful recording may matter more than digging up every artifact. Tony, I see you unmute yourself, bro, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the Kibler direction. And we did a whole episode on this once upon a time, but yeah, they got a face Mecca or Petra tradtional version of Islam.
Speaker 2: I'm i gotta say, dude, after we talked about it, I looked more into it. I think you're on the money with this one.
Speaker 1: I completely agree that Petro was the original site that the Muslims saw with such veneration, and then they just kind of arbitrarily decided on Mecca because there was a lot of pagan tribes that used that site at Mecca for a lot of sacrifices and rituals and things, but that didn't come about until years after Mohammed.
Speaker 3: Well, and the whole thing started in Petra and it was transplanted to Mecca about sixty years after Mohammad died in six point thirty two AD due to a major civil war that took place within early Islam and a guy named Mohammad or something ibben Zubar who ran Petra trying to get the sacred Stone as far away from Syria as possible, so he took it south and then it lived there forever, and that's Mecca. And there's zero archaeological evidence anyone lived in Mecca before the seventh century. Zero.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I don't think they lived there, but didn't they.
Speaker 1: Again, it's been a while since I looked into this, but I want to say there was like a group or multiple groups of sand dwelling pagan tribes that lived in that area that used Mecca for certain sacrifices.
Speaker 2: Am I off base here?
Speaker 3: Well, all the Hadiths that refer to that are probably actually talking about Petra. Petra was a major city going back to before Emperor Hadrian in the first century or second century, and Mecca has zero archaeological evidence anything any human habitation was going on, So the entire the entire history was just transplanted, and they pretended everything happened way down south here in the Hijaz region. They had to pretend nothing took place in Petra, and Petra became a ghost town. It was completely forgotten until Swiss guy rediscovered it in about eighteen twenty.
Speaker 1: And that also blows my mind because with the size of Petra and all of the importance that there is there, you would think that even the locals would have tried to keep it up, not even a little bit.
Speaker 3: Hans Ludwig Burkhardt and he moved to Egypt. He converted to Islam, and a bunch of people told him, you know, there's this big ghost town if you go this way, you know, into the Negev Desert. And he went out and found it and said, oh my goodness, this is the city that tons of ancient Greek and Roman you know, writers wrote about. But it used to have a lot of water at that time, and I think the water it suffered some major earthquakes, for one thing, and the waterways and aqueducts are still there, but there's very little water there right today. So it became a ghost town.
Speaker 2: It's incredible, and a Swedish dude converted to Islam.
Speaker 3: Swiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yes, excuse me Swiss. But that's that's so crazy. Because he was an educator guy obviously, to go in these expeditions and things, you think he would have read the Koran or read the Hedeeth and been like, huh, something's a little bit fucky here.
Speaker 3: Let me double check that. I'll correct the record if I'm wrong about.
Speaker 1: I believe I heard that once upon a time about the guy who discovered Petro. But it's like, you know, a slight bit of critical thinking. I understand that faith is very important and We just talked about how certain things from the Old Testament you need a lot of faith to believe.
Speaker 2: I feel this, I truly do. But even just looking at the.
Speaker 1: Words of Mohammed and just everything he taught, cut to how he died, all of that collectively, like you would think a sane, logical person with the ability to form free, an independent thought wouldn't read the Koran and think, oh my god, this is clearly the way like that that just has always blown my mind converts to Muslim. Now, if it's at sword point for self preservation, I'm not saying I agree with it, but at least I could put the pieces together in.
Speaker 2: My head to be like, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: It was either convert or die, so like cool, I feel like that wasn't the case for our boy here.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Sam, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sorry, I just got back.
Speaker 5: I was gonna ask besides talking about yo, go fugger, what did I miss.
Speaker 2: Nothing? Sam?
Speaker 1: We're talking about the gerald Ford. We're talking about an ancient city that was found underwater. We're talking about just just stuff, bro.
Speaker 7: You know the Chinese Atlantis.
Speaker 2: No, this one's actually uh in Kyrgyzstan, south of Kazakhstan.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know that that that that was the Yeo Soviet Union.
Speaker 7: So it's someone in eastern Europe.
Speaker 2: Uh, southwest Asia.
Speaker 1: Oh so my people southwest like closer to closer to like Persia.
Speaker 2: Than it is to to China.
Speaker 7: The sandbox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's like borderline sandbox people, not exactly, but borderline. They're on the outskirts if you will, Okay, yeah, okay, Tony, what do you find?
Speaker 3: Yeah he did convert.
Speaker 2: That's so fucking crazy to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He had to go to extraordinary lengths to prove he was really Muslim so that he would be allowed to travel to Mecca and he passed the tests. Wow, he spoke. Yeah, he traveled to Aleppo first. Yeah, there's along Wikipedia and his name was Johan Ludvig Berkhart, not Hans.
Speaker 1: I was wrong, you were off by one yo. Like, calm down, you're closer than the rest of us. But anyway, that's fascinating.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about why this city sank.
Speaker 1: Geologists know that the tian Shan Mountains shake often, and Kolchenko linked the city's drowning to a major fifteenth century earthquake. When an earthquake breaks the lake bed or tilts, the shore water can spill over the streets and bury walls under silt. Atlantis is a label people reached for, yet signs of abandonment before the collapse suggest the disaster killed few residents. After the city vanished, nomadic groups use the shore in small villages still ring the lake today. So I just thrown this out here. It's not actually Atlantis, but still cool. And if I'm not mistaken, this is an actual picture of the site, so you can clearly tell that this was a Muslim town, right. You can see the tall pillar, the dome, the whole situation on a mosque type of situation, the cemetery.
Speaker 2: It's still cool as shit that they have found this underwater. But anyway, all right.
Speaker 1: Moving on, let's talk a little bit more of the modern day here. So this is from the Independent. I understand the source, you have to question it and test it and all the things. But I thought this was a fascinating one to bring up here. So doge Bros Exposed depositions from Elon Musk's team revealed chat GPT process for gutting DEI grants. So there was ten hours of testimony that was given recently from two of these DOZE dudes that uncovered their largely uninformed judgments behind sweeping decisions about grant funds. We can all remember when Trump took office the second time, within the first few months, DOZE was coming in to cut out all the wasteful fraud and abuse and spending and all these things.
Speaker 2: And for the record, a lot of the things that they were.
Speaker 1: Cutting, I have to say, and granted what we were told about what they were cutting, I supported, right, fine, But apparently two of these dudes have left DOZE and now they're speaking out about what actually went down there. So you know, let's see how long this little video is here.
Speaker 2: Let's see, uh, how do you interpret?
Speaker 1: Okay, so from them, So this is justin Fox, former DOGE staffer. Let's listen to him and hear what he has to say about it.
Speaker 15: DEI, there was the EO explicitly laid out the details.
Speaker 7: I don't remember it off the top.
Speaker 15: Of my head.
Speaker 2: I'm asking for your understanding of it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, my understanding was exactly what was written in the EOY.
Speaker 16: So can you I don't remember what was in the EU so right now, do you have an understanding of what dee I is yeah, okay, So what's your understanding I guess you sit here today in this deposition.
Speaker 15: Well, it was exactly what was written in the EO, and so anytime that we would look at a grant through the lens of complying with an exact order, we would just refer back to the EO and assess if this grant had relation to it.
Speaker 16: Okay, But I guess I'm stepping back from your methodology strictly and terminating the grants. Do you have an understanding I guess you sit here today of what dee I means. Yeah, okay, So what's your understanding of what it means? Well, it is exactly what was written in the EO.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 15: So I don't have the EO in front of me, but that was we would always reference back to the EO and make sure that this grant was in compliance with the EO.
Speaker 16: I understand that, okay, But I'm not asking necessarily about what was in the EO. I'm asking very specifically about your present understanding of what of DEI do you have a present understanding of d okay? Can you explain what that present understanding is?
Speaker 15: Well, it is just easier for me to be referencing back to the EO.
Speaker 2: Are you refusing to answer the question.
Speaker 7: I'm not refusing to answer the question. Okay, I just feel that.
Speaker 1: Your boy is fucking pleading the fifth like a motherfucker here. Okay, fair enough, So let's get into here. So Elon Musk's disciples in his so called Department of Government Efficiency were embedded across federal agencies with a mandate to fire thousands of public employees and radically cut federal spending, of which most of the country rejoiced. When Musk deployed DOGE into the National Endowment for the Humanities, which provides vital financial support for researching are its programs. I saw some of the research they were conducting. I wouldn't say that the research was necessarily vital. In a lot of those cases, Musk's staff abruptly choked off more than fourteen hundred grants, eliminating tens of millions of dollars in public funding within less than a month. More than ten hours of newly released video testimony from January uncovers how the two DOGE operators relied on chat, GPT and their own largely unformed judgments to make sweeping decisions about funding for a range of programs and projects and the people who rely on them.
Speaker 2: The depositions, stemming from a lawsuit from the Modern Language Association, the American Council of Learned Societies, and the American Historical Association, included testimony from the two young DOZE officials, Justin Fox and Nathan Cavanaugh, neither of whom had experienced working in government, let alone grant administration. The only grants they didn't touch involved events surrounding America's two hundred and fiftieth anniversary and the National Garden of Heroes to Donald's Trump's priorities. So these are the two dudes in question here right.
Speaker 1: Evidence from in this case exposes DOGE haphazard and unlawful actions from unqualified agents who undermined the separation of powers and denied the American people access to vital public programming and research. According to Modern Language Association executive director Paula M. Krebs, there was a lot of quotes in that sentence that I just said, But anyway, long story short, they're saying that the dudes that were running DOGE had no clue what they were doing. They were using Chad GPT with a certain uh and which they were very open about the fact that they were using AI to power doge. I didn't realize there was Chad GPT.
Speaker 2: I figured because it was Elon's baby, they would have been using what's ex's version is that Grock. I figured they would have been using Grock for this. Yeah, that makes a little more sense to me.
Speaker 1: But apparently they were just using Chad GPT to sift through what grants did and did not actually fit in with equal Opportunity and DEI shit. So that's a thing. But again they're they're bitching about this, y'all. Do remember us talking about this. One of those research projects that got like, I want to say, it was like fourteen million dollars was from was the University of Alabama or South Carolina. It was about how much wind from a leaf blowery it takes to blow a lizard off a tree. That was That was millions of dollars that was being put forth to the research and the things that the public needed, vital, vital things. It's like, again, I'm not saying everything they cut was that ridiculous, but a lot of the things they cut were fucking retarded, like, I'm just throwing it out. But Sam, I see your hand brother, go ahead, shry.
Speaker 13: I thought I loaded it my bad.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, cool, cool cool. So anyway, chat GPT and DEI.
Speaker 1: During his hours long deposition, Fox admitted to using chat ept to sift through grants before Dough started slashing. They used a prompt does the following relate to DEI, and then they would just input the fucking the grant and see what popped up. Then they asked the generative AI chatbot to quote respond factually in less than one hundred and twenty characters and begin with yes or no, followed by a brief explanation.
Speaker 2: So they didn't actually do any kind of real work into this.
Speaker 1: They were strictly using chat GPT to figure out if this was or was not a good thing for the government to spend its money on. That's that's kind of asinine like on some very real levels. And again they were saying, and Musk went on saying that with the use of AI they were able to really get through and just find the fraud and find the abuse and just cut through it relatively quickly and all these things.
Speaker 2: I didn't think that this was what they were doing.
Speaker 1: I thought they were using like an AI model that they made specifically to go through all of the things, all of the grants, all of where the money's going, and follow each penny to to its final destination. This is not what I thought was going on there. I'm still more in favor of Doze than not, but I'm also very much against Chad g Ept. And again when I say Doze, I don't meet Elon Musk and his crew. I'm saying I am all about us finding where there's stupid government spending and cutting that out. I'm fully in favor of that, including sending money to foreign countries. I don't think we need to be doing that, at least not for a few years, right. And I'm not saying we need to go fully isolationist. I'm saying that as of this moment, we have a deficit that's rising by the hour, by the minute, by the second. We don't need to be sending a few million dollars to random country in Africa, to Israel, to Ukraine to where.
Speaker 2: We don't need to do that. You know, that's just my hot take anyway, But go ahead, Sam.
Speaker 5: I agree with you, and can we please take the weapons from the.
Speaker 2: IRS, haven't they. They didn't disarm the I r S. Did they? No? I remember they were training like ten thousand they.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I didn't give them more.
Speaker 2: I remember this.
Speaker 1: I remember when they were training up like ten thousand I r S employees to do some sort of close quarters combat, and it was like, why are you aren't arming the I r S. Which is not a government entity, it's a it's a civilian agency allegedly, But.
Speaker 5: It was the treasure I mean the I r S I called Oh, I mean wrong it they it was the Treasury, the IRS.
Speaker 6: I took down capone.
Speaker 2: It was a Treasury department, not the r S.
Speaker 1: It was for income tax evasion, yes, but they didn't send I r S clerks after our capone. They sent Treasury officers Elliott Ness and his untouchables. I believe it was called but yeah, that's so yeah.
Speaker 5: Which wasn't The Secret Service originally meant for the Treasury for like the Federalist serves and shit.
Speaker 1: I want to say the Secret Service was pretty much just for the private protection of multiple buildings and agencies within DC, but after Lincoln it became specifically.
Speaker 2: To protect potus.
Speaker 1: But every federal agency has an armed wing, just everybody knows, like the Post Office has an armed wing within it. I know that's a crazy thing to say, but.
Speaker 6: Like every I was going postal and shooting up the Post Office.
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe, but like you've ever seen a Yellowstone, right, So they got the Livestock Agency and they're all tack geared up and all these things, and yes, for the show, they make it seem like these dudes are doing unlawful things behind age of the Livestock Enforcement Commission or something, but like.
Speaker 2: That is a real thing.
Speaker 1: The Livestock Enforcement Commission is a real thing that does have dudes with all the tactical gear that does things along those lines, not illegally allegedly, but yeah, every single agency within the federal government has some sort of inherent armed wing within it.
Speaker 2: Food for thought anyway. All right, that's all we really wanted to talk about.
Speaker 1: With the Doge thing, they now know that chat GPT is the one that was behind Doge in all the cuts.
Speaker 2: This was a weird one.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly what to think of it, but I figured we could start talking about this more. And I'm very curious that this is edible. So wild pigs, boarhogs, their meat is turning neon blue in California and has triggered warnings. So on screen right now is a picture of the.
Speaker 2: Wild pig that was killed.
Speaker 1: All the do was cut a slit across what it looks like a backstrap. The meat inside is bright blue. This is wildest shit. And I'm also very curious if blue eggs and ham taste good or blue. You know what I'm saying, green eggs and blue ham?
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: What other fuck doctor sus was saying before we get into it, Sam, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Oh, Stam, I am does not like green eggs and ham, but I would definitely try that. Maybe it's a lot like the bear meat where if they et enough blueberries they take on the the flavor profile.
Speaker 2: Uh maybe maybe, but I don't think that's what there.
Speaker 5: Still tastes the same as over a bed of rice and gravy, That's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But like borhog doesn't have a lot of fat to it's more lean meat, so like it ain't much gravy gonna get off of this, But even still it's it's weird as shit. We're gonna read about how it's turning blue. But Norse Trucker, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 12: Hey, bet it's coming from the lakes and ponds, because you know how they put that blue dye into some lakes and ponds. Yeah, that's probably where that's coming from.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad thought. Honestly, I could see the connection. There are something Kim trail related, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let's.
Speaker 1: Read about it and find out together, y'all. Game hunters found startlingly starting the neon blue flesh inside wild pigs in California in twenty twenty five, prompting advisory statements about potential contamination. I'm not talking about a little blue, Dan Burton, owner of a wildlife control company, told Salvador Hernandez at the Los Angeles Times, I'm talking about neon blue, blueberry blue. An investigation by local authorities found that the dramatic color change was caused by rodenticide poisoning. Rodenticide poisoning, I believe this would. I'm they're trying to fancy it rat poison, essentially prompting them to issue a warning throughout Monterey County rat poisons containing the chemical compound DIFI sayt d oh, I'm gonna I'm gonna try to get this word right, y'all give me a second. Let it cook here. Difuscynon difa synone di fus synon I don't know are often sold dyed blue for identification. The compound's use has been highly restricted in California since twenty twenty four. Well obviously not dog hunters should be aware that the meat of the game animals such as wild pigs, deer, bear, and geese might be contaminated if that game animal has been exposed to the rodenticides, said Pesticide Investigator Coordinator Ryan Berber from the California Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Rodenticide exposure can be a concern for non target wildlife in areas where applications occur in close proximity with wildlife habitat. Concerningly, this isn't the first time the wild pigs in the region have had their enterds tainted blue. A popular rodent control on agriculture. Deficinone again I don't fucking know is a first generation rodenticide and that acts as an anticoagulant, causing severe internal bleeding. It works by binding to an enzyme that recycles vitamin K. This reduces availability of vitamin K, making it impossible for animal livers to produce enough of the clotting factor crucial for to prevent internal bleeding.
Speaker 2: So this is what it looks like. This is like bait. This is the blue. It looks like blue.
Speaker 1: Coffee beans almost Honestly, Predators including humans, who eat an animal poison with the toxin can become ill themselves. While the chemical breaks down faster than second generation road insides the d I'm calling it that remains active in the dead animals tissue for some time, even if it's cooked. Wildlife groups globally have long been urging us to stop relying on chemical pesticides because of the collateral damage these poisons inflict, from owls to bees, pesticides are causing great harm to wildlife. Non target animals either consume it directly or are impacted by secondary exposure while eating other animals that have ingested the poison, adding further strain on already endangered species. Wow, so it's from a rat poison That is crazy as shit honestly, But I mean again, damn, I really wanted to try some of that blue pigmy. I really wanted to see what that was about. But I ain't trying to die over it. Oh God, Royce, I know you're going to weigh in because it's pig.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Oh all, I was going to say, I just make sure you don't eat blue meat.
Speaker 2: I mean, curiosity was about to kill this cat, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Hold on making a reference for some other blue meat from many years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh god, blue or not red, you don't want to eat.
Speaker 17: It, didn't land Bat.
Speaker 1: I was like, don't be no, don't be no blue roast beef out there, neither, for all my men out there in them streets.
Speaker 2: Just so we're clear.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much for properly landing.
Speaker 6: Tom got away.
Speaker 2: From all of these, especially if it's blue. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But I thought we were roasting him because he's a vampire.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I thought he was actually gonna make a reference to like, see, that's why we don't eat pork.
Speaker 2: But like, you know, I mean, here's that.
Speaker 7: I didn't need to say it because you're set up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess so, I guess mind control goddamn it.
Speaker 7: I mean mind control handler you know, might as well rack up, rack it up right?
Speaker 2: Why not he admitted it?
Speaker 4: He is handler if that's the case.
Speaker 1: Apparently, according to some people, I was supposed to be receiving a seven thousand dollars check from Israel and I ain't seen a penny of that ship. So yeah, I guess so you kept all of that ship, you fuck. I'm still saying fuck Net Yahountil, I get my check. But if I get my check, I might sing a different song. But as at this moment, Net and Yaho could eat a dick.
Speaker 2: Anyway before that guy gives you a dime.
Speaker 1: Well, some people are saying he's dead anyway, So I guess it don't really matter.
Speaker 2: You don't make no sense. The devil out of his money now.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's there's gonna be some other pundit that's gonna take over.
Speaker 2: It's a whole thing.
Speaker 5: Which but he's in hell if it and all, wouldn't he be taking the money from the.
Speaker 13: Devil because he's out of money?
Speaker 7: Wait? Who who? Wait? Wait, who's who's in hell?
Speaker 2: Net and Yahoo? If he's dead, that's the thing. Jews don't believe in hell?
Speaker 7: Dog No, So I mean we do, just not permanent.
Speaker 17: Believe we believe in Uh, well show and I mean ghanem is just it is.
Speaker 7: It's a place where where your soul gets heard of the sins you did in this life. But it's just not a temporary thing unless you are a haliciously evil person.
Speaker 6: Can I give you my evidence and why he would be inhale?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Why not? Let's go there, Sam.
Speaker 6: He's a politician. You can't trust those sleazy bastards.
Speaker 2: I cannot refute that statement, sir.
Speaker 9: I also could could not refute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let it be known the Jewish correspondent agrees with at least that statement.
Speaker 2: As far as that. Now, who's concerned.
Speaker 1: He's a politician, therefore a raging piece of ship, and.
Speaker 7: Untunately that goes and that that political statement goes get in there for almost every single politician.
Speaker 2: Not there's a few. There's a few, a very very small, small select few that I think maybe outside of the quote unquote stereotypical politician that we're talking about here.
Speaker 7: Mister Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're talking about rfk Jr.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not like the old old gentleman you spoke about.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the loved Senator Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Faceful yeah, yeah, that boy there, he's wild. I don't like every single thing he says, but dude, he's good to these one liner is that one that was like, honestly, we need some new conspiracies out there because currently the conspiracy theories are right about everything.
Speaker 2: They're thirty seven and O. It's like, yeah, yeah, next time somebody breaks in your house and you don't like the cops, call the.
Speaker 5: Crackhead like, my mama ain't raised no fool, and if she did, it's one of my brothers. And I'm like, I understand that that's older brother out there.
Speaker 2: I understand. I gotta be honest, dude.
Speaker 1: He reminds me of so many old men that I have worked on job sites with, with these one liners and their old ass turn of phrases like that, And it's just like, dude, you're not wrong, but the way you're saying it is way too funny for your age bracket.
Speaker 2: He reminds me of so many old dues from Louisiana. It's I like him overall. I like him, but yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's I don't know if he's ever accepted a PAC money or or Katari money or you know, big tobacco or big oil or whatever. I don't know anything about hit where his money has come from. But as of this particular moment, very very subject to change.
Speaker 2: My dad. I tend to get down with them, you know.
Speaker 1: And there's a few of these younger politicians that are coming up that haven't been corrupted yet, even though they buy definition are now politicians, and it's like I'm holding on to hope. I'm holding on to hope that they won't start accepting outside funds. Although with that being said, I feel like we also need to have this conversation. Y'all saw all Jake Paul which one's the younger brother?
Speaker 2: Is that Jake or Logan? Whatever one does the boxing, not the one that's associated with the rest. He's the one who guys all broken two places.
Speaker 1: Yeah that fuck? So he, I guess opened for Trump in Kentucky. And as he got off stage, and you heard the people in Kentucky, they weren't like happy, they weren't like super like yay the Paul brothers here, they were kind of like sure cool, all right? And then Trump gets up on stage and says, I'm just I'm saying it now, I'm just gonna predict the future.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 1: I see you running for the political realm within the United States of America, and the people were kind of like, yay, Like they weren't like cheering that on.
Speaker 2: They weren't scoffing either.
Speaker 1: They were kind of like, I guess we're supposed to pause and applause at this time, all right, But like y'all understand, we're getting into a timeframe where content creator and influencers have a decent shot at running for politics and getting elected in in places that are full of idiots like this, this is a real thing that we could, like the Paul brothers might run for some office in California and win in the next twenty years. It's possible that one of the Paul brothers is like governor of California. Like this, this should terrify people, But at the same time, it's like, would they be doing a better or worse job than the politicians that are currently in because if they're already that wealthy, you would have to throw a large sum at them to buy them out to make them vote one way or another, you know what I mean. It's I've heard a couple of conversations be said on this, like, for instance, and I brought him up a few times, Brandon Herrera, I believe is about to win District twenty three in Texas.
Speaker 2: Super supporting of this, love him to death.
Speaker 1: He is going to do great things for that district and for Texas, and I fully believe that. But that's all so because his politics leans alongside my politics.
Speaker 2: But could y'all imagine real shit, just laying all cards on.
Speaker 1: The table here, mister beast could run for a political office, and with his funding, he could promote the fuck out of it, run all the TV ads, all the radio ads, all the billboard ads, whatever, and he stands a decent shot at winning whatever political realm he ever decided to get involved with.
Speaker 2: That's that's a bit terrifying, honestly. And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've heard some people say, like I was saying, like no, no, super pac is gonna throw him a check for one hundred thousand dollars and make him vote their way because he's mister fucking beast, Like you don't have, no group has the funds to, you know, get him to sway.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, that wouldn't stop them from trying.
Speaker 1: And then also if he's untouchable, that could mean he's pretty much a rogue agent in DC, and that'd be a whole other problem in and of itself. It's we very well might be stepping into weird, very strange, very scary times.
Speaker 2: I'm just throwing it out. It's food for thought.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Sam, your hands raised, I don't know if it's you meant for it to be raised or if you got to put it down.
Speaker 7: At one point, I before he died, I thought Charlie.
Speaker 13: Would have been in the running for president at one point.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but even he's said for years he didn't want anything to do with running for politics. He liked speaking on it and like reaching the youth. Maybe one day he would have changed his mind. But he, from what I could tell, had no intentions on it.
Speaker 7: No I'm saying is I.
Speaker 6: Could have seen him as one. I could have seen him do actually good.
Speaker 5: And I actually, whether you like the man or not, did you tanged everybody with respect?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: But I mean and even the further that point, look at Cash Patel and Dan BONGI know these dudes are doing content creation. Yeah, well, bug eyed, fuck these dudes are doing content before they became the head and second in command of the FBI. Now granted that was an appointed position, not a voted in a position, but like y'all see what I'm saying here, weirdly enough, influencer types and content creator types might start holding some very serious sway in our local, state and federal politics.
Speaker 2: And that's unnerving. That's a little unnerving to me personally.
Speaker 1: I understand we all want to change, we all want to change in pace from what's been going on for the past few decades. I'm with that one hundred percent. I agree, but I don't know if that's the direction that we should be cheering for. I don't know Royce way in here, brother.
Speaker 9: So I think it just depends on the individual sure, because the problem is with the whole Cash Metal and Dan Mongino thing, everybody was very very gong ho, the conspiracy community, other people in general, and then it just turned out to be a flop. So unfortunately, these first two that were more on the influencer type, they might have fucked it up for some people.
Speaker 1: It's possible, but then again, they were appointed there. They didn't get votes, So, like you know what I mean, it's if the influencer types getting good with whatever the next president's gonna be. Yeah, he could appoint these people to whatever position, But then they could also leverage their experience in those ways to bolster a future political career if they decided to throw their name in the ring for the ballot. But another example is like Kanye West. He put himself down in the presidential run under the Birthday Party, either Republican or the Democrat or the Independent Party.
Speaker 2: The Birthday Party. He got thousands of votes.
Speaker 1: Now, granted it was like a fucking one percent, but beside the point, we are living in a world where if enough people believed in Kanye's shit, we could be looking at President Kanye West right now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeesus himself. And that's also terrifying in a whole other regard, y'all see what I'm saying. I don't know, Maybe I'm just maybe I'm just being a little bit of a hair brain conspiracy theorist here, But that's I keep in mind. Look at Ukraine Zelenski was an actor.
Speaker 1: He had no background in politics whatsoever except he played one on TV and he won the election. Now, we could also talk about rigged elections and all these things. I'm with, I get it, I'm here, But could y'all imagine a world where that becomes America? The Rock Dwayne Johnson was talking about running for president a couple of years ago, and some people were like, oh my god, I hope he does. It's like, why do you have any idea what his politics are? Do you have any idea what his views on gun rights or you know, foreign relations or taxation.
Speaker 2: Do you have any idea where he's coming from on these fronts or are you doing that because he plays a good character on TV and.
Speaker 7: Ady went, didn't we have a president that was an actor?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Reagan?
Speaker 1: But when we say actor, he was like he was a be if not seasier actor at that his one his one role was as the Gipper in that one movie like and he he acted with a chimp at one point in time, Like he was a definite Hollywood actor.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't.
Speaker 1: This wasn't the same as like to say, you know, Bradley Cooper running for president right now?
Speaker 2: Like that was We're talking different levels of fame and success, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: My point was just that we that we've had when not the level of stardom he achieved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he also ran off of what his beliefs were. And yeah, he had the name recognition from his time on TV, don't get me wrong. But he was also very big with the Second Amendment. He was very big with America getting involved in a lot of military things, the Iran Contra affair, operation star Wars.
Speaker 2: I bring that up a lot because it's still so fucking funny to me.
Speaker 1: But like he he wasn't what you would expect to come out of Hollywood, that's for damn sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's possible, maybe we would have some actor get into the presidency and actually do a really good job with the hell Arnold Schwarzenegger, if I'm not mistaken. When he was governor of California, they were doing pretty well while he was in I don't remember the numbers. I remember for the first few years it was pretty solid. Towards the tail end, I think he pretty much said fuck it. I don't know, I don't remember, but all right, North Trucker had his hand up first. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 13: Do you guys already have an actor as a president.
Speaker 12: Trump's been in many of films he's been in The Apprentice, he owned that show.
Speaker 13: He is an actor, he could be still acting.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't disagree with this claim. I cannot disagree with that. Yeah, damn. And then also, you were shaking your head whenever I brought up Schwarzenegger in California. I don't.
Speaker 1: I didn't really pay attention to a lot of his time in office. But did he not do well?
Speaker 13: I believe he actually did well.
Speaker 12: The unemployment rate in California at the time. I do believe when drastically down, everything started going well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: So, I thought so, But Sam, you're over you're shaking your head? No, what what weigh in on this?
Speaker 6: Like, I like him as a terminator and all that. Asn't acted great well.
Speaker 5: It's during the height of COVID he said that, hell, would your freetom get the damn jab.
Speaker 2: That was after he was out of the governorship, I know, but at that point, I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 6: To get to hell with your freedoms?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm talking about while he was the governor. I thought, again, if there's any listeners of this program that were in California under the time frame where Schwarzenegro is running the state. I would love to hear y'all weigh in in the comments section. Honestly, me, living in Louisiana, I look at California like, well, not all the big cities of California as the epitome of a shit stain on America, but the country folk in California are some very good salt of the earth people. I'll put that there. But I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. We've had some actors and some Hollywood types get into political offices before, but never to the realm of like independent content creators from the youtubes.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a weird twist.
Speaker 3: I lived in California. I think he was governor from two thousand and two to two thousand and nine or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What I vaguely remember, because I come from a Republican family, is that the first term was pretty good. The second term he threw up his hands and gave up, okaycause the Democrats were going to spend whatever they're going to spend. He was pretty fiscally conservative, socially more liberal. Uh. I think he was all right. He was the best we could do at that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with that, and I think that was actually even what he said on the campaign trail. Someone asked him, you know, are you Republican or Democrat? And he said he is, Ah, what was the term he used, He's financially conservative. Yeah, he ran a Republican, but like when asked about his policies and stuff, he said that he was like financially conservative, and he like left it at that. But yeah, yeah, I thought so too. I thought his first term went okay. I'm might have to look more deeply into his time in office, honestly, but.
Speaker 2: As we're talking about all these things, you might all end on this positive note, well positive, negative, neutral, you'd be the judge unanimous vote in risk assessment clears way for four astronauts to launch on Moon mission. Yes, Ravenly had brought this up.
Speaker 1: So I want to do a little more deep diving into this because I truly believe that the Artemist too was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Land on the Moon, and I was wrong.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's supposed to sling shot its ass to the dark side, and they kept kicking the can down the road. They're saying, Oh, we're gonna do it next month. Next month, the next month, I still have it on the cult conspiracy being a card that this rocket is not gonna take off. I still don't think it's going to I think they're gonna keep, you know, doing the little dance, doing the little tippy tap dance, and get to everybody really excited, and just not even do it and say that some system program failed and they're gonna have to re engineered or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let's talk about it here.
Speaker 1: So NASA has finished a crucial risk assessment out of its head of its upcoming.
Speaker 2: Lunar fly by mission.
Speaker 1: God words are hard for me right now, and during a news conference Thursday, the agency revealed a new target launch date and discussed how officials evaluated the dangers the missions for person crew will face.
Speaker 2: The agency is now aiming to launch the.
Speaker 1: Historic mission called Artemis two on April first, as soon as six twenty four pm Eastern time. In the event of a delay, there are six additional windows for liftoff next month April second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and thirtieth. The assessment, known as Flight Readiness Review or FRR, took place over two days this week and is crucial. Excuse me, it is a crucial step toward liftoff, in which mission managers convene to determine whether the rocket, spacecraft, and ground systems are ready for launch.
Speaker 2: However, John Honeycutt, the.
Speaker 1: Chair of Artemis two mission management team, did not share a specific quantitative risk estimate for this rocket and spacecraft. Figures that characterize the probation probability of quote unquote loss of mission or quote unquote loss of crew are two pieces of data the agency shared with the public in the Space Shuttle era, and similar analysis have been offered from many missions since.
Speaker 6: Before.
Speaker 1: An uncrewed test flight called Artemis one in twenty twenty two, NASA assess that there was a one in one hundred and twenty five chance that the Orion spacecraft, the same type of vehicle that will carry the Artist two crew.
Speaker 2: Would be lost.
Speaker 1: So a one out of one twenty five shot, that's that's decent odds.
Speaker 2: I'd you know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Really bad at gambling, but I would take that. I would take that bet. You know that everything's gonna be a light. Continuing on it says, I know we have pursued loss of mission and loss of crew type number assessments, but I'm not sure we understand what they mean in reality, Honeycut said, explaining such figures typically involve guesswork, well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, duh.
Speaker 1: Honeycut noted that because Artemis two will mark only the second ever flight of NASA Space Launch System rocket, there isn't much data to go on in calculating such a.
Speaker 2: Figure for this flight.
Speaker 1: Direct quote here, we're probably not one in fifty on the mission going exactly like we want to, but we're probably not one in two like we were on the first flight. You had a one in two shot of something going horribly wrong the first time. I don't like those odds at all. All Holy shit, one in fifty is still a little too close.
Speaker 2: From a comfort here.
Speaker 1: But all right, a Honeycut said of the SLS rocket, which boosts the O'Ryan capsule to orbit the right quote again, he says, I think we're being really careful not to really lay probabilistic probabilistic numbers on the table for this mission. Wow, Okay, you know again, this might be just my conspiratorial brain going crazy here.
Speaker 2: What other shot?
Speaker 1: What are the chances here that we have another situation like the Discovery where it blows up in the sky, and it gets everybody's attention looking there rather than what's going on in Iran or what's going on with the Epstein list, or the fact that all these people that were on that list are still in their positions and nobody's being arrested. This could be some sort of a catastrophe that they engineer for that purpose. I don't know, but I could see it yours truck or what your thoughts?
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then we'll find out all the astronauts twenty years later still alive yep, like on the Discovery.
Speaker 1: All working in colleges and all these things, and one of them just happened to have a twin brother that nobody knew about until twenty years later. And yeah, yeah, right, I don't know. I'm not trying to prophesy on this one. I got I don't hope. I hope that that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: But also especially with the way that things are going right now and how they're like.
Speaker 1: No, this is launching, It's like here, y'all a little too a little too angsty on why this needs to go up?
Speaker 2: But all right, and why.
Speaker 12: Is it leaving on April fools? Bro right, right, right, that's oh yeah, we're launching all it starts launching and everything like that. Say it blows up, Oh yeah, blah right, April fool.
Speaker 7: We've never been made it.
Speaker 2: That's fucking hot, damn.
Speaker 1: And I already see on the bingo card I put down that it won't launch. I didn't say that it wouldn't go according to plan. I should have worded that better. I should have left it a little more open in it so I could have got that space made. But damn it, we'll see, we'll see continuing on here. Lori Glaze, NASA's acting Associate Administrator for the Exploration System Development Mission Directorate. God, damn, that's a mouthful, said I wouldn't actually put a number on it. An incredible amount of work has gone into preparing for this test flight, by thousands of people across our integrated teams. We had extremely thorough discussions, very open, transparent. We talked a lot about our risk posture and how we're mitigating those risks. Glaze noted that the four Artemis crew members, NASA's reed wiseman Victor Glover and Christina Cooke, and Canadian Space Agency astronaut Jeremy Hanson joined the fr are virtually from their home base in Houston, Texas. Having them join us in this review really reinforce the importance of having open, honest discussions, she added, So all right, we'll see, we will see if this is actually gonna take place or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm I have hope, but I also I'm looking at things just for what they are. Honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're not I have more things pulled up here, but we are getting close to that two hour mark. So you know, we could talk about this in for a second, because I also thought this was cool as fuck. The US Navy restarts rail gun firing trials in New Mexico. Yeah, the Navy has railguns, which we've known about for a while. We've talked about them before for years and years. This was seen as like some sort of a sci fi you know, technology that we don't actually have, but some scientists somewhere in dark was probably working on. No, this is for real, and the Navy is absolutely test firing them again, meaning they already knew that they existed and had them accurately test fired at one point in time.
Speaker 2: So let's read a little bit about this one here.
Speaker 1: The United States Navy resumed testing its electromagnetic railgun weapons system in February of twenty twenty five at the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. According to a recent review published by Naval c Systems Command, the renewed testing effort comes after the railgun program had largely been paused for several years due to budget constraints and shifting development priorities. The February trials were intended to gather technical data needed to evaluate the weapons performance under control conditions. According to the information published in the review, the testing was conducted during a three day campaign in February at the White Sands Missile Range. WSD tested a railgun to collect critical information about high velocity firing during a three day campaign at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. Testing in February was a joint effort between WSD and NSWC dog Dahlgren in Virginia and conducted for Naval C System Command Joint Hypersonics Transition Office. That's a direct quote here. The statement indicates that the trials were carried out by WSD. I've said that a few times, working together with the Naval Surface Warfare Center. The efforts was conducted on behalf of the joint. Okay, they literally just reiterated the direct quote and then retyped it out. Holy shit, that's only hot takes here from this publication. Who is this publication? Before I say that, defenseblog dot com. Yeah, electromagnetic railguns use powerful electrical currents to create magnetic fields that accelerate solid metal projectiles to extremely high speeds. Unlike traditional artillery systems, the railgun launches projectiles without using chemical propellants.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know how many of y'all have.
Speaker 1: Ever seen the videos on YouTube of how to make your own railgun at home. They're not that difficult to make and they look fun as hell. So I'm just saying, instead of having a fire off some sort of you know, a rocket with a propulsion system, or even a mortar that has like the explosives to send it off, think of a bullet. Think of a bullet that's able to fire with no gunpowder. That's essentially what we're talking about here, and it's it's fucking cool. I'm sorry, I think it's cool as hell. Instead, the weapon relies on electro electrical energy stored incapacitors that is released through conductive rails. When the current passes through the rails, it creates electromagnetic forces that propel the projectile toward forward at very high velocity. Because the projectile does not contained explosives, the weapon relies on kinetic energy generated by its speed to damage the target. At extreme velocities, the impact energy alone could be enough to destroy or disabled targets.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, That's why I like the Rods of God is a conversation about, like dropping these giant tungsten rods from space. The kinetic force from that alone, would they estimate do more than like a seven pounds jade am which is impressed of because the projectiles I said that.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: The railgun concept attracted attention while the US Navy during the early two thousands as a potential long range naval weapon capable of striking targets at distances far beyond conventional naval guns. Research into technology formally began in two thousand and five under the Office of Naval Research, which funded early experimental systems designed to demonstrate the feasibility of electromagnetic launch technology. Over the following years, the railgun program encountered multiple engineering and funding challenges. Clearly, it's a lot of power and that takes a lot of money. Development efforts were repeatedly paused or reduced as the Navy evaluated competing modernization priorities and technical hurdles. The Navy tested at least two railgun prototypes during the earlier phases of the program. One design was developed by BAE Systems, while another prototype was produced by General Atomics.
Speaker 2: Of course it was both systems used the same fundamental.
Speaker 1: Principle of electromagnetic launch, accelerating solid projectiles using that neetic forces generated by powerful electrical currents. The BAE system prototype served as the primary system used in early or Navy research development experiments. Testing during those two years or excuse me, testing during those years focused on measuring projectile velocity, barrel wear, and power requirements, and of course accuracy. I want to say how long this video is. If they could show us firing it, that'd be dope.
Speaker 2: Oh it's only a minute. Yeah, let's watch.
Speaker 1: This does not appear to have any sound, So for anybody who wants to see what we're talking about here, you need to go to patreon dot com slash cajun Night and join today but this is one of the rail guns that they are test firing in New Mexico right now, which I mean, to be honest, it just looks like a really big cannon. But are think I to show it. That sucks that there's no volume in this Okay, I mean, it's not like these things are allowed when they go off either, so it's not gonna do much. But ye other see it powering up, powering up, and it's getting closer to shooting.
Speaker 2: Kayo. Shit. I actually think that probably did have some sound to it too. That sucks.
Speaker 1: This video doesn't have any, but that's still impressive. And they are back test firing these fuckers. And I've heard some say that there are some naval ships that are equipped with these railguns. I'd be lying if I told you which ones, but even still, it would have to be like a nuclear powered one. They're the only ones that I could think of that would have the energy storage capabilities to use this more than just a few shots.
Speaker 2: But it's still interesting as hell. Holy shit.
Speaker 1: One of the main technical challenges associated with railgun weapons is extreme stress placed on the launch rails during the firing. I could see that the high electrical currents and intense heat generator during each shot can rapidly wear down the system components.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure, I could see that.
Speaker 1: Another challenge involves generating and managing the large amounts of electrical power required to operate the weapon. Railguns require electrical systems capable of delivering rapid bursts of energy, far beyond what conventional naval artillery requires. Of course, because of these challenges, the program experienced several pauses while engineers work to address technical issues and budget considerations. At the same time, other countries have continued pursuing their own railgun development programs. Reports indicate that both China and Japan have conducted experiments with electromagnetic launch weapons. Japan has began deploying an early railgun prototype on a naval vessel for further testing, while China has reportedly modified several ships to support trials of similar systems designed to evaluate the technology at sea.
Speaker 2: That's just so cool. That's fucking cool.
Speaker 1: This is on sacram now as a Japanese ship mounted electromagnetic railgun. Photo courtesy of the JMSDF.
Speaker 2: So yeah, y'all, we got a lot going on. We got a lot going on in this world right now.
Speaker 1: We got technology going all over the place, politics are going all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was gonna be cool to talk about these things on this episode. And you know, I guess that's as good as spot as any to wrap this up. I know there's a lot of things that I had pulled up that we didn't get to tonight, But honestly, I had enough to make this a three hour episode pretty easily, and I didn't. I don't want to do that. You know, let's keep it low key. If we don't get to it this week, we can get to it next week. If more wild shit doesn't pop off, we gotta talk about, which I'm sure it will. But anyway, for all the members of the Cajun Night retinue, I want to thank you all for coming out this evening and being a part of this once again, to give the shameless plug. If any of the listeners of the Cajun Night would like to be a part of the conversation every Wednesday night at nine pm Central, go to link of the description below to patreon dot com slash Cajun Night and enjoining.
Speaker 2: There's only one tier for entry.
Speaker 1: It's just five dollars and We're just trying to join in to make this its own collective group of information sharing individuals that give a fuck about the world around in the history and sometimes a religious conversation and all the things. I thoroughly enjoy my Wednesday nights with the group, and I know that all of the members of the Retinue do as well.
Speaker 2: So, like I said, go to the link of the description. Joined today. We will see you all next Wednesday Night.
Speaker 1: As always, everybody, I am the Cajun Night and God bless