Speaker 1: Alrighty U.
Speaker 2: This is tough man, because Roger, you're doing such a good job today. Man, you had to dub in all those Hillary Hillary. See what I just did there?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Excuse me, Kamala?
Speaker 2: Why is it I think that, uh that those might have been Hillary at the town hole.
Speaker 1: Second tired.
Speaker 4: Darted.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, because that's where her programming comes from. So CNN town Hall yesterday. In fact, Ross created a whole separate page of audio. There's that much audio so that you understand uh, his uh, his commitment. So it is uh, it's actually it makes me sad that I have to that I have to bring this up. Are you among the social media and media grifters who set out to turn the Donald Trump McDonald's story into a three day story? Because Brian Stelter from CNN.
Speaker 1: Says, you are.
Speaker 4: In a series of tweets, Stelter.
Speaker 1: So dumb.
Speaker 2: Here's what he started with, the right is making Trump's McDonald's photo op into a three day story by saying.
Speaker 1: Liberals are losing their minds over it.
Speaker 2: And then he goes on to talk about grifters and others, and I guess he's taught he must be talking about us Ross. Why why is it that you felt it necessary to make the McDonald's story a three day story because I you know, I got to come up with my own response to that, because obviously it's my fault too. So uh, listen, Brian, it might be the part where you have French fry consultants being brought in for New York Times stories.
Speaker 1: Just a thought.
Speaker 4: It might be the part where you have.
Speaker 2: A violation for so somebody not washing their hands at a single location then spun into its whole It's its whole thing, all on its own. It's I'm trying to think, what are some of the other ridiculous follow ups to this thing?
Speaker 4: The point is.
Speaker 2: They Trump supporters are willing for this to be a three day story because you all are losing your mind. So to write the right is making this a three day story by saying liberals are losing their minds?
Speaker 1: What what else do you? What other take can there be from that? You don't? Is it?
Speaker 2: Was it Stelter's thing. He was like the guy who reported on the media right. He was the media reporter, which is an interesting position if you even have one of those, is an interesting position because it is far more important that if you're the media reporter that you are, you take a you only you almost separate your set.
Speaker 4: You know what you're like.
Speaker 2: You're like internal affairs in a police setting. That's what you are, right. You want everyone every No, I don't know if everyone should hate you, but everyone should be like, ah, you know, maybe, uh, maybe don't pull shenanigans near that dude. And I think that they've probably coordinated shenanigans in your living room. Sir, you're absolutely that uh. And then I thought, well, maybe he's just in a bubble and he doesn't realize it. Daily Beast here we go. There are just some of the articles. But Brian, uh, let's see Trump roasted by staff wears his hairnet.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's from the Daily Beast.
Speaker 2: I don't think you get Donald. Do you think you get Donald Trump to put a hair int? Well, he'll where he wears.
Speaker 1: A Maga hat sometimes. I don't know. Uh.
Speaker 2: McDonald's that Trump worked at trolled with fake YELP reviews and we're here for it.
Speaker 1: That's HuffPo.
Speaker 4: So when you had a and we're here for it, that's you going.
Speaker 1: We agree.
Speaker 2: Most dominating story this week each night in the roundup of the night overnight hosts, you know, the cold bearers of the world. That story. Let's see here the New York Times thing I told you about, tasteless. Oh it's a food pun. Get it, tasteless. Maga Donald's Trump campaign is selling t shirts a fast food visit. Wait, there's a Maga Donald's shirt. Is that really a thing? I mean, it's a logical thing, Maga Donald's shirt.
Speaker 4: Oh, I gotta see this thing.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, like everyone's mad about it too, Mediaite, USA Today, New York Magazine, The Hill. You know, that's what campaigns do, right in the world of merch. And this doesn't just work for campaigns in the world of merch. Let me explain something to you. As much as it has it has been a net negative for me.
Speaker 1: If something happens and you are a content creator or yeah, politicians too. But if something happens and you feel that there is enough notoriety for the thing, you merch it right, You merch it right there. Why do you think do you remember that time that some people made up a story about me owning a cat and then abandoning the cat. Okay, that's none of that's true.
Speaker 2: I have never owned a cat, they gave it a name, they created a whole narrative, jokes, the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Ross's son drew pictures of the cat.
Speaker 1: And what does it say? Is it say save? It says save whiskey, right or whatever?
Speaker 2: And and that was because it was a thing that garnered some attention.
Speaker 1: And then it was merchable. If that's such a word you can't believe, you're still in whiskey denial, okay.
Speaker 2: But you understand that the the it was the propulsion of the story, regardless of who you believe that obviously, then it then it became mimable and merchable at that point, right. And I'm assuming the few of those T shirts have been sold because somebody showed up to one of the listener events and one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, we sold out.
Speaker 5: So uh, of.
Speaker 1: Course the Trump campaign's gonna do it, especially when you guys keep writing crazy stories and then Brian Stelter's out there like, I can't believe the Republicans are keeping this thing going.
Speaker 4: A bunch of monsters.
Speaker 2: By the way, Uh, here's uh, here's uh a picture of a serial killer Adam McDonald's or something. Wait, like any story they can struggle with everybody has lost their damn minds man, all right, coming up on the show. So I'm gonna go with Brian's wrong. We're gonna get into the uh, the Kamala town hall.
Speaker 1: You want just a little, a little taste of it, you know, so little, a little snippet. Okay, do you think Donald Trump is a fascist?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: I do, Yes, I do, and I and I also believe that the people who know him best on this subject should be trusted.
Speaker 2: Now the logical follow up, But I noticed everyone on Twitter realized it is, well, what what do you define as a fascist? Somebody did a wonderful, a wonderful thread that I was looking at on Twitter. I should have retweeted. I'm sure it'll show up again. I'll retweet it then. And uh, like they went through and they pulled going back to Reagan every election cycle, Republican presidential candidate and whether they were called or likened to Hitler, and uh, you're going to be shocked to learn that since Reagan, it's every time. Well, you're probably not gonna be shocked to learn. I was not shocked to learn. In fact, there's only one Republican presidential candidate.
Speaker 1: He didn't win that.
Speaker 2: The author who I think did a really good job, and he went through archives of all the big newspapers, TV stations, you name it.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: The only person they didn't attach the Hitler thing too was Bob Dole. And I guess I understand that one. It's a little hard if you, especially when you physically see Bob Dole with his hand and you know even a little about him, you're gonna you're gonna have some trouble there. And and actually there was a statement that this that in the thread that they pulled up or like, well why didn't they Hitler them? And uh, they were just like, ah, you know, we two reasons won obviously, the you know, the war story of Bob Dole, and also they didn't think he was a threat, and it turned out they were pretty much right with the election there. But but don't let that fool you, because they don't have a problem with that as they gleefully ran stories about John mccainby and Hitler oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, lots of those and then just everybody from there. So I apologize. If the strategy every time is to call the person a fascist, I want to know what you think a fascistst and I wish he would have followed up. But Anderson Cooper did do some following up, and I'm sorry, it just.
Speaker 1: It didn't go well. It didn't And there were there were some follow ups that needed to be there. But there were also some softballs man, and and some lifelines, yeah, Anderson Cooper.
Speaker 2: Anderson Cooper essentially turned into re just man. But he was throwing and I'll point him out, he was throwing lifelines in there. I don't know if he was doing it subconsciously, right, you know where you're like, let's say you're a boxer and you're just you're beating the crap out of the guy so bad. You're like, look, I almost feel bad for this. But whatever prompted it, they were there, and we will deep dive into that. Also, we've got neighbor stuff.
Speaker 4: Carrie.
Speaker 1: The city of Carrie is now part of South America. I think I don't know, I'm assuming you guys just did you guys just give up? Or what happened over there? All right?
Speaker 2: I'm making fun And I don't know why I make fun of Carrie. I think it's just because that one time that city council who got so mad I called it the murder capital of North Carolina, ironically attesting to its safety. But you know, if it gets a reaction, that's fine. So yeah, we got our own little South American gang issue in Carrie. That's got to be a really easy apartment building to take over. Now I'll explain, I'll explain what the what's going on, and you know, just journalism. Man, that's gonna be uh, that's going to be core focus right here, the journalism you're about to see. So all that more coming your way. Six eighteen.
Speaker 1: Hang on.
Speaker 2: Ross and I talked a little about whether I should get whether I should give this any breath, But I think what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna give you the totality of what you might hear in the in the the ethos today when you're talking to people, family, friends, doing social media whatever. All right, So first and let me talk about the bigger issue real quick. I think what's happening. This is my theory of what's happening here. I think that when you get into this, when you get into these elections, everybody kind of in the ring, and you know this is this is a royal rumble kids, right, So there's a lot of people in there, yet CNN is.
Speaker 1: Who do you think CNN's gimmick could be. I don't know, but it probably wouldn't do well.
Speaker 2: And you got big networks, and then you had pieces like The Atlantic, New York Magazine, Rolling Stone and others who they want to get their roman spear in, so and so you they all get shopped primarily the same stories. But it comes down to who bites on this stuff, like like the dossier. Remember the dossier was sent to literally every news outlet before BuzzFeed published it, and the BuzzFeed did basically destroying what was already a something on a downward spile, but really putting the nail in there, and then the other networks can pick it up. But everybody wants to be the originator. It's why they get over their skis on stories, especially with trump Man, especially with Trump and and they get so over their skis it's so remarkable they actually have to end up firing people. So with that in mind, when you have a timeline like this, even though they knew Trump was going to be the guy, you really have to get into it. I think that there's two explanations all of the most damning stuff you've ever seen on Trump that was never found before, was just recently found and needs to make its way out into the end of the media.
Speaker 1: You have to believe that all of these things.
Speaker 2: Were unfindable for nine years and and they and now.
Speaker 4: They found them. Okay, that's what you have to believe that.
Speaker 2: And two you have to also wonder if by just dumping this stuff like a fire hose, whether you just uniquat each other because normal people look at it and they go, what why is this only coming out now? And then they also ask themselves, you know, based on their new found level of trust in the media, some of which may not have been colored by politics but might have been colored by COVID, whether they buy any of this stuff. And I think largely people go, yeah, I don't think so, especially what they saw with the with the laptop thing last time around.
Speaker 1: They're panicking and it's the kitchen sink strategy. Yeah, they're just throwing everything at the wall and seeing with sticks. You know, they're like, maybe this one, maybe this is and there's too many and people are like, listen, by Friday, nobody's gonna care about any of this stuff, all right.
Speaker 2: So first and foremost, where you want me to start, I'm gonna start with the model thing, all right, So this is Forbes, and I want you to listen to the way that this is worded and attempting to evaluate what you think of this. And also we'll talk about the individual making the accusations and a little background and you know, process the information, come to your own conclusion, because at this point it is he said, she said, or she said then he said. But there's a lot of little nuggets in there. First, in this case, you're it's a former model. That's how they worded, and they'll come out at me. It's fifty six year old Stacy Williams who says that she was at she was hanging out with Jeffrey Epstein and they were taking a walk and he suggested that they go to a party that was going on at Trump Tower, and then the incident happened.
Speaker 4: What you need to know about Stacy Williams is she here we go we get her exact title.
Speaker 2: Well, she has worked in politics basically for the better part of the last decade, and she has worked She works as a surrogate for the Harris campaign, has worked under Obama, and has worked in other other capacities, I guess political capacities. So with that in mind, she's been surrounded by many of the big players in this Kerrent election, especially many of the surrogates that are out there. People know her, is the point that I'm making. She has existing relationships with them, which is why, first and foremost, I don't understand how somebody who, when you hear the story here, would have had a story that would have made the media salivate almost from the moment he came down the escalator to today. She could have pitched that and they would have been fighting over her to write this story. So it's a little weird we're only hearing about it, especially because it's got the Epstein.
Speaker 4: Angle in it. Oh that's juicy, man, that's Jessy.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: So here is here was the accusation.
Speaker 2: Let me read verbatim here This is the top line that Fortune does a Little Reader's Digest version of the top TLDR. Former model is accused former President Trump of groping her in nineteen ninety three during a visit she made to Trump Tower while in a relationship with late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, Suggesting the interaction was part of a twisted game between them. All right, you see how juicy that is, because I want you to understand what she's alleging.
Speaker 4: She's not even alleging.
Speaker 2: She was just at a party standing around looking modely and Trump came over and put his hands, put his hands on her butt, her waist, her breasts, all of which she alleges, and touching her sex after greeting her that It wasn't just that, it's the Epstein part of this. So according to Williams, what happens is what happened was Trump came over and Jeffreys, I want you to meet Charlotte. Charlotte, this is this is Donald And at that point she says, that's when he just basically said, hey, nice to meet you.
Speaker 4: I'm going to fill you up now all the way.
Speaker 2: And she said that Trump and Epstein were smiling at each other. I guess she's sleeping with Trump, but she had some relation or sleeping with Epstein. I should say there's some relationship.
Speaker 1: Right, they're trying to make some connection here and they're coming across as lunatics.
Speaker 2: They're coming across is like they're setting up a swingers thing, is what they're trying to put out She said that Trump and Epstein were smiling at each other while she was being groped.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying is the people saying that they believe this if they do or like way far on the left and they come across as lunatics like oh yeah, yeah. People see this the timing of it, and you're like, come on.
Speaker 4: And her job and her job too, she works.
Speaker 1: With Obama and Kamali, yeah yeah, yeah yeah. But what they're doing, the way that this story is worded is to tell two stories.
Speaker 4: It tells the story.
Speaker 2: Of Trump putting unwanted physical touching of this woman, all right, but it also is attempting to create this narrative that Epstein and Trump were running around slay and tail. Do you know what I'm saying, They were the bro bros like ah, look at this, right, they're trying to create this bond, this closer relationship with Epstein and Trump when we know, and we know this from outside people, including the prosecutors who prosecuted Epstein, that when he's there's a video where the guy says, when I started calling around right to get to the bottom of these allegations against Epstein, Initially, every single person I called, many of which were billionaires, right, that's who this runs with. They just ignored him, he said, the only person who said, yeah, come over to mar A Lago. I'll tell you whatever you need. Because Trump had already kicked Epstein out of his club for trying to what was it, trying to recruit a fifteen year old server or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't forget it was. It was the portrait of Bill Clinton in that blue dress that was hanging up in Estes. Yeah. And this is just to be clear. We played the audio for Mark helpern and yesterday talking about how there was a mystery story out there. Yeah, this apparently is that mystery story. And ABC, CBS, NBC, AXIOS, NPR, all these organizations turned it down, except The Guardian picked it up and decided to run with it. Yeah. Yeah, and then because right, and then Forbes and others come in, right, because so it's it's a it's a Russian pe tape story again. Yeah, and it's very obvious the timing of it. And they've dumped listen, they've dumped too many things, like we're like, oh, what is the October surprise going to be at lunch yesterday and a friend texted me and said, hey, Comal is going to be giving a speech at one o'clock or whatever in the afternoon. This is it, This is the big one. And I had lost sleep the night before wondering what is it going to be, because I found it very suspect that she took two days off right in the middle of the last two weeks of the campaign, Like, what is it going to be some sort of crazy AI generated thing? What is it going to be? And then I get in the car after lunch and I look at Twitter or ex whatever, and it's like, oh, her big thing is you know, Trump is Hitler, which we've heard for what the past twelve years or whatever. It is like, there's no everbody right, there's no it's just worthless.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even mean anything anymore because they've overused it, right because Bush was Hitler, McCain was hitler, Romney was hitler. Now Trump is McDonald's hitler or whatever. And then another story comes out. They're like, oh, well, actually, there's there's a story about maybe Trump groping someone, and then there's another groping someone's story. There's too many things at one time, And like I said previously, by Friday, none of this is going to matter because they're there, is no they're there. It's just desperation. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And again it starts you don't remember how you were listening to the Juicy smole A story and you're just like, you're just like, that's too perfect, right, right, you're telling me, maggot dudes were just running around at two in the morning at twenty below waiting for a gay black actor to show up.
Speaker 1: So they could use the bleach' right going around, right, Maybe some of this would have had power back in twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, right like the first time he ran for president. But yeah, we've already listened. He's been on the public stage doing this thing forever. Now we've seen this. It's like the Access Hollywood tape that came out. I mean, you saw how that worked out for them. Like, people don't care. None of this is going to matter, and none of this is going to move people away from Trump or to Kamala people or independence. None of it's gonna matter anymore because we've already been there. The only thing that can save Kamala Harris up to this point is for her to properly and clearly articulate who she is and what her positions are, and she can't do that because there's no there there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, in fact, we'll get in I know, I keep saying we'll get into the town hall audio, but I want to bring you up to speed on these. So it is the perfect of the perfect nature of this, the fact that she works in politics, and the part where they're trying to end the story create this Trump Epstein romance. All of it looks us to me. To me number two, I'm all, honestly, I'm only giving this any air because it's the it's the totality of it, all right. So Trump is at a turning point USA thing. There's a video which they've now slowed down. A young woman is on the stage. She's shaking hands with Trump and Trump uh, she kind of turns away and Trump's saying something to what she turns away and he still has a hold of her hand, so he doesn't let go of her hand, says something to her, and then she walks off.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: It's not even it's not like a teenagers out here making his head. This is a video of something that happened on stage at a highly televised or at least streamed event, except I don't.
Speaker 4: Here's what it says.
Speaker 2: Trump gropes teenager and tries to put his hand on his his sports car is.
Speaker 4: Junk or whatever. And you watched the video.
Speaker 2: Is the combination of their two hands close to mister Trump's midsection. It is, but it's clearly not on it's not even touching the fabric. But two, it's how Trump shakes hands. I don't know if any of you have had an opportunity to shake Trump's hands.
Speaker 4: He does a lot of it.
Speaker 2: When he goes when he goes places, but he does something. Now, I've never shook Trump's hand, doesn't want to be clear, But I've watched this thing that he does, and it's a thing that got It's a thing that got guys who are like, it's an alpha thing I guess would be the way I So you may find it stupid, but it's not. It's it's one of these things that you get told and people have written about in books about like handshakes are broken down. Man, how you shake somebody's hand and the process that you have for it is its own thing. And now let me let me explain to you how it is so important that shaking of hands and where people stand next to each other when you've got a couple big wigs, sometimes that's literally negotiated. In fact, anytime you see a contentious meeting of world leaders, right so you know in Iceland there with Reagan obviously stuff around World War two. You see at any time that you have like a G twenty that where people stand on the stage who they may handshake with during that weird walk around everybody, you're ready for photos. Thing could have could be the result of weeks of discussion and debate, and there's famous stories of where leaders have intentionally done it and it was to send a message and it was a strong message of you don't matter.
Speaker 1: You big leaders do this like Putin is known to do this, right, President loves in China when they when they meet together, when you're looking for it, you can see what they're doing, and it's really it's like a it's like a power dance. Yes, it's it's a real thing.
Speaker 2: But on the on a more basic level, when when you're trying to alpha a dude that you're meeting, there are ways that you can shake hands that dot that send a subconscious message of dominance. And Trump does one of these. And I'm not the only one who's seen this.
Speaker 1: People have talked. Joe Rogan talked about it.
Speaker 2: In fact, Joe Rogan, I think, gave a very good concise thing what Trump does. And you're going, why would he do that to a young woman on stage at turning point? Well, you'd be mad if he did, and mad if he didn't, because that's how Trump shakes people's hands. And if he didn't with her, and she's, you know, one of the speakers there, I'd be like, oh, look at that. He'll shake men's hands, but women's he won't. Man, all right, So there's no win here. Trump does this thing. He reaches out and if you come to him, meaning you advance towards him and shake his hands, we're good. If you start shaking hands from a position where you are at the appropriate length, Trump pulls his hand in and it forces your body to move, you having to reposition your shelf for the handshake is being dominated.
Speaker 1: For this reason.
Speaker 2: And I know people lose their minds because Trump is the one that I'm talking about here, but this is a thing. You should look it up and Trump does it. It's almost a little old school, right, People don't really dig because it comes across as pretty aggressive.
Speaker 1: You know, this thing is famous to remember the classic photo right of Churchill, FDR and Stalin right right, remember before getting in that the frame of that photo, FDR literally ran over Churchill with his wheelchair, I mean to a certain dominance. Many people don't know that. Don't google that that happened. And Stalin was looking on like, wow.
Speaker 4: Did he run over his foot or he lay him.
Speaker 1: Out and then completely over just oh my gosh. And Churchill had a little belly on him. Man. Yeah, the arm strength to get over Churchill's belly. Yeah, it impressed Stalin so much. She was I'm not messing with this guy. Yeah, no, that's why, and that's why no nukes were launched. Correct, good story there.
Speaker 2: So anyway, yeah, so now they have because remember they had like a quote unquote teenage victim. For a while, you didn't see much of it unless you really look for it because she was so obviously crazy and her lawyers were pushing this thing right with this fifteen year old or whatever? Oh yeah, Trump, yes, this way, and then it turned out like none of it was true, and even when I think they did a deposition with her and it just got so bad. Right, this isn't even somebody alleging. This is somebody literally who had her handshake and then Trump didn't let go because he was saying so he wanted to say one more thing to her, which he did clearly in the video, and then she walked away.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: And number three, are you ready for this? I told you there's three of them. This is under the we'll follow this under constitutional crisis, because if you remember when it wasn't the lurid stuff, everything else Trump did was constitutional crisis.
Speaker 4: By how will we be able to operate? Well, here's the headline.
Speaker 2: Non partisan experts and Democrats who you've come to find out in this story are probably the same people warned that Trump is shirking transition duties, putting the country potentially in peril and posing challenges for a peaceful trans for a power. All right, so what is Donald Trump suir king that he's supposed to be doing that it's going to make us if he was to take off a vulnerable on day one, which I guess could lead to all sorts of horribleness. What do you think it is that Trump's not doing that. CNN has but hurt over right now taking briefings. Yes, that's right. We've talked to what. We talked about this the other day. We talked about it back when he actually issued a statement on this and spoke about it. So the candidates, once they get their respective parties nominations, are offered these soft intel briefings, which are classified. It be very clear here, so that they can hit the ground running on day one, and Trump explicitly said he wasn't going to take them.
Speaker 1: The reason he said that if I have if I have any access to this information and any of it leaks out, even if you know the literal current administration feeds it to a reporter, you guys will write stories saying that I leaked this. You want the you want these.
Speaker 2: Details here, so you can write that story, whether it's true or not. And I'm not I'm I'm We're not gonna do that. We'll focus on the campaign. And by the way, I used to be president, so I have a little bit of a head start. So and CNN didn't even include that in this article. They just ignored it. Man, So, yeah, those are your scandals in a nutshell One, he's not taking briefings in the country, will explode.
Speaker 1: Not true.
Speaker 2: Number two, he he tried to on a stage with dozens of camp probably hundreds of cameras count the cell phones. He sexually assaulted a teenager who I it was. She a teenager I don't even know, but an underage woman who has never.
Speaker 1: Come forward on it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't seem to believe that that's the case. And people with eyes, if you look at it and you understand literally how he shakes hands, and also are honest enough to admit that nobody's touching anything down there. And of course the model who wants you to know that Epstein and Trump were rape buddies or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know.
Speaker 2: What, Maybe investigate the model one, and let's get all the documents out there, you know, client lists and stuff.
Speaker 1: We'll be back.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the Kamala Harris town hall. Finally, I know, I know, there's so much. I can't help it that they're knocking like two three, you know, hit pieces October surprises a.
Speaker 4: Day, have to at least look at him.
Speaker 2: Maybe let you know what's up so you know, so, yeah, it was broadcast time.
Speaker 1: We'll spent. But we got to get into the town hall.
Speaker 2: And I should say, by the way, the town hall involving not just a Democrats nominee Kamala Harris, but also you're ready for Ross. You haven't even seen this yet, You're ready. Do you see Kamala's new endorsement. He's got a new endorsement. It's a I don't I don't know if Trump's going to recover from this.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Kamala yesterday was endorsed by ICP. So game changer right there. Huh For those of you who don't know what.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sorry. Are you talking about the Insane Clown Posse?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, I was going through my head. I'm like, is this international corporate?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: What? Yeah, there's no it? Could it be? Yes?
Speaker 2: The Insane Clown Posse has thrown their support.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Is that the official union of the Juggalows? I don't know, but the official confirmed The first name of the people endorsing you is insane. So uh.
Speaker 2: Specifically, in a statement delivered by Violent J, I don't know all of my ICP members. In a statement, he said, quote, we want her to win because she's a Democrat and I love my mom, said Joseph Bruce, who goes by Violent Jay, one of the two rappers in ICP, what is this? He also shown a picture of Trump and said he doesn't like him, don'tlike the way he looks. He says, Juggalos and juggal letts care about a Is that what they're called juggal lets?
Speaker 1: I guess so care about a variety.
Speaker 2: Of issues, including, but most importantly, reproductive rights, climate change, and taxing the rich. Have you ever seen a bunch of juggalos together? Does that strike you as I don't get By the way, I don't have beef with it. You wanted to listen to a band and turn it into a grateful dead experience where you travel around, you do your thing whatever.
Speaker 1: But like.
Speaker 2: That's who's taking this seriously man? And by the way, I don't know if you know this. ICP and sant Clown Posse actually sued the Justice Department after and the FBI after fans were classified as a loosely organized hybrid gang, which prompted the Juggalo March on Washington, which you probably have never heard of. This was back in twenty fourteen, So yeah, this is under Barack Obama. Basically, they showed up and they're like, oh, you're at the face paint, you're a you're a gang. And then they suit of it, so like, who do you think is literally one of the So you want to be on that team? They didn't want you to stand around, Like if you want to stand around and look all, you know, icped up in your paint and your outfits, I don't care. I don't I might even come over and be like, what are you guys doing right? Because you don't see that every day. But they tried to literally throw you in jail and you're like, ah, no, everything's great.
Speaker 1: So I don't know that I can help you.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: That question didn't come up yesterday on the town hall, but it wouldn't have mattered if it did.
Speaker 4: She wouldn't have answered it either.
Speaker 1: Let's get into this.
Speaker 2: You know, grocery prices are a big deal. By the way, do you see Elizabeth Warren sent a letter yesterday to McDonald's rating them about prices, specifically McDonald's. I wonder what prompted that. So you got all this lunacy, you got this, Oh, we'll just tell them to lower prices. It'll be fine. Surely you have to have more info for us. You're running for president, ma'am.
Speaker 9: So my question is concerning groceries. Grosser prices have gone up quite a bit in the last four years, and some people blame former president Trump, some people blame President Biden. Who would you say, is and what would you do to bring prices down?
Speaker 2: For by the way, and so you get this is the softest question. These are one of these life I know that Cooper's not asking it. I have to assume that they were all pre well, they were pre submitted, he said that. So they are controlling them some to leave an opening like that.
Speaker 4: Because here's the deal.
Speaker 2: If you ask Kamala that question as a reporter, you asked the grocery prices the last four years are up?
Speaker 1: Why and what will you do? That's how you you.
Speaker 2: But when you throw somebody to the lifeline, like some people say it's Trump. Who people on CNN who says it's Trump? Other than just the like, nobody, no private person I know thinks Trump is the person who did that. And those are people who know't like Trump anyway. I'm sorry, go.
Speaker 7: Ahericans, Thank you, Eric, And you're absolutely right. You know what, I know what I think most Americans don't. Price of grocery is still too high, and we need to address it in a number of ways. One of my aspects of doing what we need to do to bring down the cost of living for working people in the middle class in America is to address the issue of grocery prices. Part of my background and how I come to it is probably a new approach, grounded in a lot of my experiences as a former Attorney general, where I took on price couching.
Speaker 4: What is the answer? Ross? Why did you cut off the answer?
Speaker 1: Man? Is it in this set?
Speaker 4: The second clip she answers it right? For sure?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Because I've been able to cut here. So yeah. The Anderson Cooper you know, goes into like, explain what you mean?
Speaker 2: But she then explains what she means right, So it's clear and concise, and I can, okay.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 10: How does that help though someone like Eric with prices that for years the grocery price has just been high.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, Er Anderson, as you know, and obviously CNN has been covering extensively what has been happening in the state of Georgia, North Carolina, Florida.
Speaker 5: It's a real issue.
Speaker 7: I was attorney general of California. I was the top law enforcement officer of the biggest state in the country.
Speaker 1: I gotta stop you here.
Speaker 2: Did you just blame grocery prices on Helene?
Speaker 1: She's blaming it on the hurricanes. So so so that eight dollars cheeto bag you like to talk about that, that's right, which has been eight dollars now for you know, a month the past year, year and a half month, right because of Helene and Milton. Yeah, well preemptive stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, evil grocers probably sat there and they're went, oh, man, I bet the hurricanes are gonna cut well.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is hurricane season, said last last hour. The only way that she can really win now, right, or get some points back from the other side, is that she clearly articulates who she is and what her policies and solutions are. And she can't do it. She just doesn't do it.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: A bunch of people just lost all their stuff. Hate more than anything, you making their tragedy your campaign thing. Like, how do you think that's going to go well for you? It's like coming back and going now. I talked to him. Everyone's happy, like with Joe Biden. At least Joe Biden didn't know what he was saying.
Speaker 7: Allen, I took this issue on because it affects a lot of people, and I'm not going to apologize for the fact that we need to actually deal with accountability when these not all in fact most don't. But when companies are taking advantage of the desperation in the need of the American people. We saw it actually during the pandemic as well.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the chip file. Let's let me test her theory, because she say, you know, it's just it's a handful of them. It's not all if you go into the ch I was in the chip aisle the other day, did some I did, like big grocery shopping and uh, you know, just buckle in for that, right And you're like, oh, well, that could have been a vacation five years ago.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: So as I'm there in the chip aisle, I'm getting a right, I get some tortilla chips for that. There'll be a snack option. I like pretzels too, so and and the it doesn't matter which brand you look at, whether or the press where there's Roe gold or it's you know, which is I think Free de Lay or any.
Speaker 4: They're all the same.
Speaker 2: They're all more expensive, right, or they're smaller, or they're so in a way you can't say it's just it is all of them. And the reason that all of them, there's two reasons you can arrive at that why all of them are more expensive. Even the generic brand it's not gonna be the same price because it never was, but it's more expensive either. All of the people who produce chips in your standard American chip aisle. And I understand that a lot of the same brands are owned by the same companies, but you know there's more. There's more than just two, all right. It isn't like our elections. You're telling me that they conspire to all raise prices, because if you think any of them did it, and you've listed chips as one of the areas of concern, then the other ones would have had to fall in line. And you're talking about which kind of sounds like collusion, which is already a crime.
Speaker 1: Not just that product though, I mean, because products are. It's every product across the board.
Speaker 2: So well, But here's my point, and the other possibility is if all the manufacturers of a product, are all raising prices what most people would assume is not a cigar filled room, or they all did it unilaterally for something to do and greed, which that's.
Speaker 1: A big allegation.
Speaker 2: Or their cost of producing those chips, whether it is raw material, acquisition, transporting the chips, following production, mart whatever it is, their costs have gone up and they've all responded in the way that you respond in business, where you where you get it. So to then to Ross's point, if you look and it's everything, you have to apply that same filter. Every manufacture of everything that you see in a grocery store is all in on it, or everybody is finding it more costly to do business for all the reasons.
Speaker 1: And she's not even saying it's the individual product. She's saying it's the individual grocery stores that are raising, you know, their prices up and companies. I think she says grocery stores and manufacturers. So she's she's blaming both. You know, she says the you know, the reason for the for the rising prices and the inflation is price gouging. But she just said it in that quote. She said some do it, not all of them do it. Well, if not all of them do it, then why are prices up at every grocery store everywhere? Yeah, you should be able to walk in. I guess what I'm trying to think? What would be right?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you should, you should make tostitos tortilla chips, and uh, the one in the yellow bag, I can't remember who that is, but it's the one I always see there.
Speaker 1: Her answer, those boats should one.
Speaker 2: If one of those didn't go up because one's an evil company, I promise you I would have figured it out because I don't care between those two brands, which one I buy, and if one's a dollar less, it's in my basket.
Speaker 1: And that was not the case. The same with grocery stores, right, if some and not all, then you would be going to the one to some Right, they'd be like, wow, in this grocery store, all the prices are what they wear. Back in twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty, people already do this. There's a reason you go to Wegman's or you go to Aldi's. And it's not lost on people why one might want to shop at all these Right, you're going to spend less money, but also you're gonna literally get nickeled.
Speaker 1: And dime the whole way.
Speaker 2: You better bring your bags and make sure you're shopping cart deposits back. I'm not cracking down on Aldise. I'm saying that people make decisions all the time. How many of you have ever made fun of somebody who went to a Harris Teeter. I love Haristeater, don't get me wrong, But like where there's a food line there, and you because you know in your mind that going into that food line is going to be a cheaper experience of going into that Harris Teeter, And a lot of it's within your control.
Speaker 1: What do you buy? Things like that?
Speaker 2: But with consumers are savvy enough to already notice small margins within things, and I promise you is. And this is I think the point you're trying to make cross. If there was a grocery store somewhere the xanadu of grocery stores where none of the prices went up, do you think you'd be able to find a parking spot? Do you do you think they'd be able to get in there? What's that I'd be there? No, That's what I'm saying. It would be so busy if there was a grocery store where it says, all our prices are the same as twenty ten. You'd be dumb not to shop there because of the amount of money you would save.
Speaker 4: Absolute lunacy.
Speaker 2: Then she called Trumpet fascists, YadA, y gotta, and then you know how there's you know, she's always got to.
Speaker 1: Do with the one thing.
Speaker 2: And for her her favorite thing, Well there's two favorite things. One is I'm speaking, but when she doesn't have that opportunity, her other one is the thing, the thing that she says that we played the montage of her and Hillary basically giving the same.
Speaker 5: Speech of the negative darted.
Speaker 2: Her applause line. One of her applause lines is he will never again stand behind the seal of the United States of America, and a go bonkers. Oh that's brilliant, that's great. So of course we had to get one of those.
Speaker 7: Is a legitimate fear, based on Donald Trump's words and actions, that he will not obey an oath to support and defend the constitution of the United States. He himself has said he would terminate the Constitution of the United States.
Speaker 2: Her delivery do you think they tell her to do that? Delivery of panic?
Speaker 1: It seems like he's panting and go nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a really strange and I'm just wondering if that maybe they thought it was you should do it this way because I honestly I don't.
Speaker 7: Know, and wants to earn your vote to stand again behind the seal of the President of the United States. No one standing behind the seal of the President of the United States of America should be in that position saying they want to terminate the Constitution of the United States.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, so sure.
Speaker 2: And then you mix in one of the things the good people or the terminate the constitution, or the Trump generals. She got one of those in yesterdays, the or other things she.
Speaker 4: Did, so yeah, man.
Speaker 2: And then it then wandered from what is already absurd listening to, especially with that delivery, and it wandered into one of the funniest little exchanges I've ever envisioned between a CNN reporter and Kamala Harris or any candidate who is just out there lying through their teeth.
Speaker 4: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: Here, if you could accomplish only one major policy goal that required Congressional action, what would it be? And why, Well, there's no just one. I have to be honest with you, Carol. There's a lot of work that needs to happen. But let's let's I think that maybe.
Speaker 5: Part of this point that I how I think.
Speaker 7: About it is we've got to get past this era of politics and partisan politics.
Speaker 1: Right do he spent the entire day calling Bro Hitler? Yeah? Yeah, it's not political, it's remember that's uh, that's like when you say things about like the transgender like ah, the transgender things like I have a story, dude.
Speaker 2: Oh there's you know, there's politics here. It's not politics, it's human rights. That is literally the argument with Trunk. It's not politics. He's just literally Hitler, and we're trying to warn people it's not politics. So absolute lunatics. So yeah, and we got more, especially on the immigration front. We'll get to that next year. On the CaCO Day radio program, what is sorry?
Speaker 1: I just I was.
Speaker 2: I'm on NBC News's website and then up at the top they would load one of those breaking news banners. You ready, uh ross, what do you think is the uh break news big political story this morning that like NBC and the other networks would want to run.
Speaker 1: What do you what do you think good encapsulation of yesterday the supermodel who's Trump touched her butt in nineteen ninety three. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no, uh no.
Speaker 2: Trump struggles to stick to and define a closing argument.
Speaker 1: Really oh really?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you having trouble enunciating what he wants to do?
Speaker 1: Or did they not watch the CNN town hall? Wow? Well, I mean did you want to? I mean Dana Bash literally said that they like, you know, didn't you turn it off? I think you turned it off? So who are you to be criticizing? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they did, but uh yeah yeah. And we'll get to CNN's reaction to their own town hall here in just a moment. But uh yeah, yeah. That's don't get me wrong. Trump loves the word salad too. He loves to go all over the place. But you guys for to know what he wants to do, because you all have reported right Project twenty twenty five. So how do you say he can't put an argument if you actually truly believe that that's his platform or you don't believe that and you just reported on it anyway, So do the math there, all right?
Speaker 1: Real quick?
Speaker 4: This and then back to the audio.
Speaker 2: Search suspended for passenger who fell overboard from a Royal Caribbean cruise. There's actually more here going on. So the sixty six year old woman, they're about seventeen miles from Nassau and the Bahamas there up on Paradise Island when she reportedly went over. However, this particular cruise, she is not the only strange incident. Well, they were still in port. Somebody went over. Now they pulled that idiot out of the water. I think the city was drunk. But now you have now they're already at seats, so you have multiple people who've fallen off this cruise. Did I mention it's a Taylor Swift themed cruise.
Speaker 1: And people are falling off of it. It's weird? Huh. Two theories.
Speaker 2: One, they went, oh my god, I'm on a Taylor Swift themed cruise.
Speaker 1: I need to not be.
Speaker 2: And two and this is the theory I like or two or baby and two this theory, I like Taylor Swift is a serial killer. Now hear me out, all right? Understandably, it could be difficult for Taylor Swift to show up like downtown, you know, like in a trench co waiting for a victim to stroll by because she gets recognized. Your whole hunts up right, But on a Taylor Swift ross, I want you to pretend you're a swiftie who paid an ungodly sum of money for an interior cabin on this cruise that Taylor Swift, by the way, isn't even on.
Speaker 1: It's just themed. And then they have like impersonators and what.
Speaker 2: And you're sitting there dutifully and your phone, your phone like all right, and you check it and you got a message and says, hey, it's t Swift meet me on the Lido deck at midnight. Uh where? And and some of the lights are out, don't worry, just I'll be there by the darkness. And and you know that person's coming to the Lido deck with no precautions and then boom, it would be easy hunting ground.
Speaker 1: I'm going down to that to that whatever where was it? What deck? What is it? The Lido deck? Going the upper decks? Okay, I'm really cool and stuff going to the upper deck and I'm going to go right up to the to the you know, the the mantle. They didn't look over and look at the waves that yeah, you know what I mean it's about to happen. I can't wait going to meet Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: Yeah boy, why are all those lights out?
Speaker 1: That's weird?
Speaker 4: No, no matter, She'll be fine and you're over well.
Speaker 1: I mean she has to turn the lights out because other everyone would see her and then they'd you know, they go around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not about obstructing the Gramera.
Speaker 1: Right now, in this moment in time, it's about me and Taylor, not the rest of the boat.
Speaker 4: You're you're do bestie. She wrote it in the North Beach, say hey, I want to be your new best We're best friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like that would be very that it would be very easy for her to essentially run a most dangerous game on her own fans on there, and they could, they could chopper her in. So I have no I have nothing to back that up, but it's my favorite theory. Okay, So unlike CNN, I'll tell you I have nothing to back it up, and I won't even make up anonymous sources.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's just that's just fanfic.
Speaker 2: I did there absolutely, and frankly, if I if I had to make a list of I will ever been on one cruise and I figured out I'm not a cruise person. Okay, but if I had to make a big list of like the people who most annoy me who should be on her list, like, I could produce that. And anyone's been on a cruise and knows exactly what I'm talking about. All Right, Well, since NBC is concerned that Trump is having trouble articulating his closing messages, let's go to Harris town Hall on CNN yesterday where obviously she's gonna have no problem doing that. So she wants to end partisan politics, that's good. She also, you know, the grocery prices, She's just gonna tell them to bring it down.
Speaker 1: They'll do that.
Speaker 2: And you ever remember this is a this is a woman who is now needing to win states, two of which with Pennsylvania Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: She has to win those. And I know that I saw an article yesterday.
Speaker 2: They were saying that they have a plan a pathway if they don't win Pennsylvania, if she wins North Carolina, but then she has to win all of those states that Trump kind of swooped in on twenty sixteen on.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 2: So you know what that means for North Carolina is probably a few more visits with that in mine.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: Those in those states that I was just telling you about, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, the Democrat senators in those states are running commercials of them walking through like factories with hard hats on with Trump talking about how they're getting stuff done. They literally they in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, Baldwin and Casey, those senators are running ads about their bestie Trump and how they get things done. That's I mean, if you're if you're the Harris campaign, that is there should be wildly disconcerting because now they have taken a pathway away from you. Right, they haven't endorsed Trump, but what they said is, look, I was able to get stuff done. But what they're also saying is, look, he was able to get stuff done with me. It's there's two messages being sent there. One is I'm Tammy Baldwin and I'll work across the aisle. The other is Tammy Baldwin, who hates Republicans every other day of the week, says that she can get stuff done with Trump. Because that's a big concern for people, people that might be on a fence. When you look at people who are on the fact, I don't know how you're on the fence, but if you're on the fence, one of the things that they've offenced it or will tell you is, if they're trying to be more honest about stuff, is they will tell you that they don't feel that Trump will be able to get anything done because the Dems and a lot of Republicans will just gridlock them. Hey, you know what, that is a valid concern, But they'll gridlock Harris too. So in that case, I don't feel that she can pick one or the other. But holy hell man, those they're running commercials saying that he can work with my senator who hates most of the Republicans, and that that will override people's objection to voting for Trump in some instances, it shouldn't be overlooked. Also, it appears she's she's had some time to think on the border, and while she doesn't really have any new answers, it is an interesting exercise to watch her and Anderson Cooper.
Speaker 1: Go through it.
Speaker 2: Uh all right, let me all right, looking at the clock, let me do this. I'm gonna hit the brake. We'll or we'll do weather first with a race. Agic if he's ready to go, and then we'll.
Speaker 1: Come back and we'll do the illegal immigration wall stuff. What's going on? A man, how you doing?
Speaker 11: I'm doing well. I bet you didn't have Kennesau State pulling me upset last night right my own backyard here.
Speaker 2: Jeez, there's been some crazy upsets this year, Leavanda. There has been Alabama, man, there has been Yeah, and then that too, Yeah, that too.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But Kenesaw State, huh yeah. Our house is that in Atlanta or near Atlanta?
Speaker 11: It is northwest side. It's about I would say, five miles from me.
Speaker 1: Oh, ok yeah, are you a Kansas State fan? Now? So I know you?
Speaker 4: Okay, no, but I don't need another team to have to stress, So no.
Speaker 11: No, I don't definitely don't need that. But I don't need that. No, we don't need that. But that was kind of caught my attention. But anyway, because they're nothing else. I mean, the weather is certainly not getting anybody's attention yet.
Speaker 2: But if you're on the other webster, you start probably say heater debates, So good for you.
Speaker 4: Did you started the great heater?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: People on Twitter? I haven't now, haven't now?
Speaker 2: I I always win this contest, but seeing how long they can go without turning their heater on. Oh, and wearing it is a badge of honor, to a cudgel against people.
Speaker 4: That part I don't understand. I turn into that.
Speaker 11: But my question is, though, why is it? Is it a pride thing just to see how long you could go?
Speaker 1: Or in the case of.
Speaker 11: My mom's side of the family, who are very let's just say cheap, they don't want to turn it on because they don't want to run the well.
Speaker 2: You know, some of them, especially guys, like to brag to other guys about they save money for r and women will brag about how they save money. I don't know on other stuff maybe, but it's like it's I liked Ross's position. He's like, f you, I bought a heater, I'm going to use it so exactly, I sack. Yeah, but yeah, that's on you, sir, so and you're just gonna make it worse here in a couple of days, so go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And it's okay to keep the air on sixty eight in the summertime, but to keep the heat on sixty eight in the wintertime, for me, it's like almost unheard of. It's like, you actually want to keep it colder. I don't know, it's just weird. So I got to sixty six in my house a couple of nights going west the heat on. I'm like, all right, I'll turn it on. It was a little chilly, Probably won't need heat, maybe a touch for the morning hours. But already this morning nine to fifteen degrees, milder than twenty four hours ago. Mild day in the low to mid seventies. Today again, sunshine in the mid forties. Tonight, tomorrow, mid seventies again the weekend. We're gonna get close to eighty, maybe above in some spots on Saturday, and then we might get another front to come in with a shower chance not much rain at all Saturday night, and then cooler for Sunday, Monday, still mostly sunny, load of mid sixties, back in the seventies, close to eighty by midweek next week, and I think even Halloween on Thursday, last day of the month, more dry weather is expected. So through seven days, I think we're in good shape. Even in the tropics. However, first week of November, we'll just say in the tropical Atlantic, Southern Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico. The conditions may become favorable for some development and some of the guide in suggesting up potentially that we may not be done with the Atlantic hurricane season. But at this point it's a speculation. It's beyond seven days and beyond the I would call it the zone of comfort.
Speaker 4: Darts monkeys throwing darts again.
Speaker 11: But people, since everybody's got access to all this stuff, people already throwing stuff out there, you know, And then I just say you could or could not, but it's just crazy people have access to this info. Wow, listen to you.
Speaker 4: You want to be on the censorship team.
Speaker 11: No, I kind of say that.
Speaker 4: Did you just go ross? Did you hear how he just flipped fascist in one sense.
Speaker 1: On the show? I did.
Speaker 11: I did have a nice day.
Speaker 1: By the way, we're gonna put people in camps.
Speaker 4: I'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 11: So well, you know, yeah, you know, then the people that look at it, yeah, they don't read the headline.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: Everybody just sees it and says, well, it was going to be a hurricane.
Speaker 1: Go for Mexico.
Speaker 2: I'm going to acquiesce that there's a lot of stupid people out there or ignorant.
Speaker 4: Is a swath and ignorant doesn't mean you're stupid.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't mean that.
Speaker 2: Being said, you have to compartmentalize weather information when people think you're already making hurricanes.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that'll.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the Weather Service had to come out and debunk that. Was it yesterday or the day before.
Speaker 2: I'm convinced I don't know you people, I don't know, and now you have no information for you.
Speaker 11: Imagine they start taking it away. Then what are people gonna think?
Speaker 4: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: The really thing will be. I can't believe you made it rain on my children's birthday party, right monster?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, get personal? All right, we don't do that. We'll talk in an hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 4: Yep, all right, there you go.
Speaker 2: Stagic literally, uh went a full dictator there for a moment, so be warned. Seven forty eight hang up for here on the KCODA radio program. And it actually is kind of where it started, but then it got meteor later on. And I don't know why they bounced around on the immigration issue, but that's fine. Maybe we'll get some straight answers on that anything. Something I just want to know. Honestly, I think this question even though people think this is probably like the stickiest error for her, and I agree. If she would just come out and be like, hey, we didn't have it right. We were hoping we get it done here and then we did this, We should have done it sooner. I think it would she'd get a lot of people who wouldn't ask her about it anymore, even though that's a crap answer. Remember the bill that she keeps bringing up that they wanted to use was twelve percent funding for the wall and included a pathway to citizenship. Okay, anyway, so let's get into it. Hopefully we'll learn.
Speaker 10: So under Donald Trump, you criticized the wall more than fifty times, as you called it stupid, useless and a medieval vanity project.
Speaker 1: Is a border wall stupid?
Speaker 5: Well, let's talk.
Speaker 7: About Donald Trump and that border wall. So remember Donald Trump said Mexico would pay for it.
Speaker 5: Come on, they didn't. How much of that wall did he build?
Speaker 7: I think the last number I saw was about two percent. And then when it came from time for him to do a photo op, you know where he did it in the part of the wall that President Obama built.
Speaker 2: But you're all right, let me just point this out since we're fact checking, the Trump administration either added new border wall or repaired existing wall on twenty five percent of the border. So regardless of what you think, that's and that's not Trump's numbers. Those are the literal numbers from Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 1: So it was it was more than that.
Speaker 2: But this is modern day and she's still laughing about that. And you know, the whole Trump paid for the wall. They have paid for the wall. Mexico has paid for it. I'll tell you how they paid for it. By the way, all you need to do is to compare not just the border numbers, which you'll see have severely waned during the Trump administration, right like some of the folks getting into this country under Biden are three times as much as one of Trump's lowest years. But another thing also felt a pinch. You know what that was remittances. Remittances are monies that are sent by people living in this country back to their family members in another country, and then that money obviously enters the economy there. That decrease significantly, That decreased way more than the amount of money that.
Speaker 4: Trump was looking for for the wall. Construction.
Speaker 2: Remember when he went to that meeting with Pelosi and she turned it into a photo op of her wagging her finger at him. He was in there willing to yield DACA as citizen pathway to citizenship and something else, I can't remember what it was. A lot of Republicans were upset he was willing to do that, but they balked because I think he wanted six billion dollars for his wall, and that isn't not a cute adorable number now considering what that would pay for, I don't know one month of the migrant relief and assistance programs that is literally being undertaken by FEMA. If you simply take their six month spending goal there and just divide it by six phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Now, normally this is the time of the week when we be chatting with Steven Kent our NERD reporter, But I think he's also an international spy or something, so he's busy doing that. No, what is like this dude travel I like to travel, but this dude travels man, so he's off doing spy stuff or something.
Speaker 1: Today. He sent me a message on Saturday and it said, Hey, can't make the show on Thursday. I'm gonna be in Madrid, hotbed of stuff and stuff. And I was like Madrid, and he writes back, he goes, yeah, I'm sorry. The election will be over soon, which doesn't make any sense to me. And I'm thinking that the But.
Speaker 2: If he's in there sabotaging the elections in Spain, I mean that's a big, big issue, right. But you had like, yeah, had the Canta Canta whatever, the Barcelona folk over there trying to separate, and then they won their election and then if you remember Spain's like that, it's crazy he do over right, So maybe he's maybe he's part of that.
Speaker 1: Right before this, before he was in Madrid, he had visited Poland a few times. That's the show because he went to Poland. Yeah, and well I'm thinking about this training to compute it all, he just writes, yeah, a lot of James Bond stuff going on. Oh man, he.
Speaker 2: Gave away the secret, all right, that's the only if not just get on him. He's he's, uh, I wanted to go to Poland. I never been to Poland. Oh I guess technical no did we go in where we went to the camp. The camp No, I think technically that was still in Germany, all right, AnyWho, but yes, Spain's fun, so you know, a good place to go do spy stuff.
Speaker 1: So he won't be with us today.
Speaker 4: But that's okay because we still got we had all this Kamala stuff to get.
Speaker 1: To and when last we left.
Speaker 2: Anderson Cooper here is really what Anderson Cooper's question was, because it was I don't want to say it was a gotcha, but it was he asked it so that he could make a different point, and that was essentially, you've been uh, hey uh the border wall. You've made fun of it, you've joked about it, you've criticized it, and yet you when you talk about immigration, you say things like we tried to put a bill through and Congress wouldn't do it, which is excuse me, which is laughable because one they did all those things on day one, like ninety they recentded what ninety three or ninety seven executive orders. Immediately you saw that it just started a spiral.
Speaker 1: And yes, they at the time.
Speaker 2: They had said that they want to get a they want to get a bill done, and they talked about it, but nobody ever they never put anything up through for a serious consideration. And then finally this other bill emerges, and in the bill it includes Ukraine funding, Israel funding, a bunch of other stuff, and then at the very bottom, twelve percent of the total expenditure is having to do with immigration. Most of it doesn't address the wall, some of it does, so it is in there. And that's the point that Cooper's trying to make. He's trying to make that even if you fall back on that excuse, you've also said you would never sport a border wall, which is specifically.
Speaker 1: In that bill.
Speaker 4: So we've paired.
Speaker 2: He's now too pers of the onion. We're through where you say, hey, what do you think of the border wall? And then what do you think because it's in the bill, you say you have to pass and we understand you're not a fan of the border wall. So that's how far Anderson gets, and to his credit, he keeps pushing. But I don't know that we learn anything new.
Speaker 7: We need a president oha is grounded in common sense and practical outcomes, like let's just fix this thing, Let's just fix it.
Speaker 5: Why is there any idea let's just fix the problem.
Speaker 10: To fix the problem, you're doing this compromise bill. It does call for six hundred and fifty million dollars that was ear marked under Trump to actually still go to.
Speaker 1: Build the world.
Speaker 5: I'm not afraid of good ideas where they occurred. You never to say you.
Speaker 1: Don't think it's stupid anymore.
Speaker 7: I think what he did and how he did it it was did not make much sense because he actually didn't do much of anything.
Speaker 5: I just talked about that wall, right, we just talked about it. He didn't actually do much of anything.
Speaker 10: But you do want to build some wall.
Speaker 5: I want to strengthen our well.
Speaker 2: I mean, just what an absolute headache with this woman one her whole and her whole rebuttal is predicated on her own inaccurate numbers. And and really, what does it matter if you honestly think that it will help the border or you don't. You can say it's part of a combination of things. That's fine, and and and it is, by the way, it is right because now you've got a big mess to clean up too, and you've got you've got a bunch of folks you're gonna have to figure out, Oh you can. I don't think you're gonna find a judge that's just gonna let you. If somebody's got a piece of paper with a court date in it, just throw them out. I'm just gonna tell you this right now. So now you got to you gotta figure that out, and you have this this number that is almost unapproachable, and they'll sit there. Well, we need more immigration judges, Yeah, you do, because you created a situation where you do, right.
Speaker 4: You You brought a bunch of people you.
Speaker 2: Knew would need them at a time when we were already strained with them. So yeah, sometimes you got to clean up the mess that your kids made or whatever. But the waffling man, it's so bad.
Speaker 4: What is this twenty nineteen?
Speaker 2: All right, So you don't have to go back far. You can go to twenty nineteen and listen to then was she senator? Was she senator at the time, whatever. You can listen to Harris and her thoughts on the border wall. This is obviously during the Trump administration, and let's see if she's as hard to pin down.
Speaker 7: Let me be very clear, I'm not going to vote for a wall under any circumstances.
Speaker 5: I am not for a wall.
Speaker 7: They're not jumping over walls, so The idea that we're gonna sell this thing to the American public and require the taxpayers of our country to pay five billion dollars for something that will not deliver what he is suggesting we need is ridiculous and I will not support.
Speaker 2: It, and even was ridiculous at the time five billion and twenty nineteen versus all of the crazy expenditures that it wasn't about the money. It was about either him getting to win or just looking like his plan had some uh you know, it was accepted as a proper plan, because that's then you acquiescing to a lot of his other immigration stuff, which I don't think is necessarily fair. You can like one aspect but the other, and in Washington you can't do that. Yeah, you got you gotta pick a lane on.
Speaker 1: All this stuff.
Speaker 4: So it shows you.
Speaker 2: And then, uh, the point that I was getting at too with the whole timeline of stuff where she says, oh, we try to get a by Purtisan bill, there's this huge years long gap where they didn't do anything. And then while they while they didn't get their bill, what did they do? They did a few executive orders which significantly improved the situation, which shows that if they'd have done those or not undone those at the beginning, we likely wouldn't be here.
Speaker 1: And that's what people are looking for. They're looking for you just to be to go.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 4: We had a strategy. We thought we could get something done.
Speaker 2: We couldn't, but we also felt that this wasn't the right way to go, and once the reality's hit us, we had to make some changes. Like you can say that you can give a little, but she can't hold some there to call Trump a fascist and literally lie about her position the.
Speaker 1: Whole thing, especially that five billion dollars number she says, she lays out. It's just infuriating when you realize how much they spent, you know on Ukraine or like you said, on illegals here every day, right to support them. And five billion Please nothing, I mean, I love five billion. You wouldn't hear from me again. But that's you know, in the grand scheme of things, it's nothing, And she's, oh, all I want to do is secure the border, and like, once again, it's infuriating because your first stay in offer you you guys were like, hey, what are these things in the desk here? These are order policies were Nope, those don't exist anymore. And I'm so tired of it. She's part of this machine that constantly does this. And this is how politicians have always been and this is this is the opposite of what Donald try, which is why people loved him, right because we hadn't seen this before. Politicians and you know this, they get in they they they break something, they make a problem, and then they find a solution to the problem they created. It's the old analogy, like they break your legs and then they give you crutches, saying, hey, we solved that problem. Are they nice crutches?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Very nice? Yeah? Oh wow good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that Will and and and But you but even in your in describing it, in that scenario and the generic, there's the possibility that they, I don't know, there's a possibility that it took long because there was a unique problem and they didn't realize that they were harming stuff. And now once they realized, like it's it's it's fine to look at your track record and go, you know what, this wasn't the right decision.
Speaker 1: We need to pivot.
Speaker 2: Companies do this all the time, right and like for to survive in a capitalist way. They make decisions like who is the shaving company decided to lean into the dads helping their daughters shave commercials?
Speaker 1: You remember that?
Speaker 2: And it was and that it was all about it was about toxic masculinity. They had those commercials where they're all at a barbecue? Was it Giletta did that? Like they ended up making a conscious decision that was a bad idea. Bud Light made a conscious decision that that was a bad idea. In Washington, you don't do that, I guess, But in.
Speaker 4: Reality they did.
Speaker 2: In action they did because after all that criticism, once they realized that they can't have those scenes on the southern border that we saw over the last few years where like three hundred people live under an underpass. San Antonio's a giant, tense city, right, they can't have those. So they made quick, easy executive changes that have passed court muster the first time around because they themselves sued Trump over them. I'm going to implement them immediately and it had an immediate impact. It didn't fix it, but it had an immediate impact and one of the most telling impacts that's going on right now now.
Speaker 1: So like she's full of crap one hundred percent. Did you know that there's another caravan?
Speaker 5: Ross?
Speaker 4: Did you I read about this?
Speaker 1: At this point, I just assume there's always another caravan.
Speaker 2: None of this one's different. So it's it's two thousand people and they are waiting in southern Mexico. Now, why do you think, Why do you think these caravans are organized by activist groups?
Speaker 1: If I a guess they're waiting to see the outcome of the election.
Speaker 2: You're You're damn right they are. They're sitting there in southern Mexico having to make that this right. They've made it in from Guatemala or Honduras or El Salvad or wherever they came from, right, and they made it into southern Mexico. And they have they have an opportunity because remember the way that asylum works, You're supposed to present to the first country that's part of this, this whole asylum agreement, and it in whatever the first country is, because all you're doing is getting out of the hell hole where you are where you need asylum, and then that's where you make application for it. But what Mexico and and the and this administration have done is they've ignored that and Max to Mexico. I understand why Mexico would ignore that. Mexico's like, oh man, yeah, I didn't. We didn't see him, walked the length of it. Didn't see them, don't know, because Mexico doesn't need any more quote unquote poor people in in their h in their economy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Unemployment in Mexico and in economy is very tenuous stuff. I'm not gonna be wrong. You know, Mexico's doing a lot better than Guatemala, Honduras. And that's the other reason they're waiting, because if that thing goes sideways, you now have to make a decision. Do you apply for asylum in Mexico where you've now arrived or where you are, or even if Trump were to win, do you make the trek to the border. And by them pausing down there, it's very clear that they understand that choice. And Ross, uh, you know, Ross, I didn't run the story by this's the first thing that occurred to Ross too, because it's because it's so obvious, and I think that's an importance.
Speaker 1: I think people should probably point that out. Yeah, I think the whole premise that that that they got in there and they got rid of all least border policies and it was a big whoopsie. I mean, that's a big leap, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying but but honestly, that's the truth, right, they got in there, they got rid of them, and then and then the truth is they realized, they're realizing how badly it impacts their ability to get elected again.
Speaker 1: So it is for a selfish play that backfire completely on them. Yes, yeah, they realized that they made a mess.
Speaker 2: They thought it was a mess that would be fixable because it would pull well. And then they get those numbers out of Nevada, like Nevada, which is a very most people don't realize. Nevada is a very Hispanic state, a big, big, big percentage. It's it's right up there with Texas and California. Trump's uh, Trump's winning among Hispanic voters in one of the big Hispanic states. Like that's pure Panic, man. And you know why because people who did come here legally. Uh, they have an extra a bit of a seething hatred to watch people sidestep the process for political reasons.
Speaker 1: That bothers them.
Speaker 2: People went through and did all the stuff I've told you. I've said it on the show. I watched my buddy go through this with his wife who was from Canada. She worked in the US. They wanted to get married. He's got a lot of money. She does very well too, so like there's no drain on society or any of the rest of it. Good people too, Like she's she's way too nice. She's very Canadian nice.
Speaker 1: But she's not. I'm saying she's not coming here with like criminal stuff, right.
Speaker 2: And that process that Todd went through was years man and it was expensive, and people have been through that process look at that and go, well, wait a say, so they just get to walk in and you're getting them a hotel. Surely you're not buying all their and you're you're buying all their food. Surely you're not going to let them buy a house with taxpayers down down payment money. Surely that wouldn't be a thing. Oh you're doing that as well.
Speaker 4: You don't think that, you don't think people have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: Before you even get into your hyper focus on abortion, not realizing the uh you ever been in any country in Latin America, Catolico's cat Taliko's or Cat alikas in this case talking about her.
Speaker 4: But yeah, a lot of Catholics.
Speaker 2: And when you're up there like, ah, yeah, yeah, we need a policy where if the we screw up the abortion at eight months and twenty nine days and the kid lives, that we don't have to be in the room to you know, save it. You literally have policies like that. You don't think people who have a Our Lady of Guadalupe candle in every room of their house is a bit of stereotyping, but it's also it's kind of not You think that person doesn't hear when you talk about that, and then see how that comports with their religion. Because you guys are so over your you guys booed God, it's your platforming committee in Charlotte a decade ago. Wild illegal benefits too, transgender sex change.
Speaker 8: Rapid increase in the migrant population. This is a republic integrated into American society safely. What benefits and subsidies will you provide them with? And how long will these benefits and subsidies last for an individual? Most importantly, will the American citizens taxes pay for these benefits and subsidies? And if so, how much money how much money will be allocated very specific.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, Jackson. Let's start with this.
Speaker 7: America's immigration system is broken and it needs to be fixed, and it's been broken for a long time. And part of what we need to do is always prioritize what we need to do to strengthen our border. I will tell you I'm the only person in this race among the two choices that voters have, I personally prosecuted transnational criminal organizations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're the only person with tough border. Okay, you're insane, and we got more insanity coming up. Hang on, we're gonna keep trucking here in the final half hours. So ready yourself for the the download here, because there's.
Speaker 1: A lot of it.
Speaker 2: All right, So you had you had the guy, the direxel student. He identified as a Republican but said he's considering Harris.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe he is, maybe he isn't.
Speaker 2: Was asking about, you know, benefits for people to come here, because it's not lost on a lot of folks that.
Speaker 4: What gained traction.
Speaker 2: I know the administration doesn't like this is the amount of expenditures two migrants versus what is happening with Hurricane relief, Like, that's not just a North Carolina issue, it's it's getting picked up in the national discussion and even international. There was I saw some British show that was Australian I think it was that was mocking it. So that's the question he's.
Speaker 8: Asking regarding the rapid increase in the migrant population. How will you ensure that every immigrant is integrated into American society safely? What benefits and subsidies will you provide them with? And how long will these benefits and subsidies last for an individual? Most importantly, will the American citizens taxes pay for these benefits and subsidies? And if so, how much money? How much money will be allocated?
Speaker 4: By the way, None of that is an opinion question.
Speaker 2: Those are all hot. Either you intend to do this or you don't, and either should have a fiscal impact. And even if you think what's going on right now is the proper way, then that's the number you think is appropriate thus far, and would you be comfortable going forward. It's a very well crafted question that should get a specific answer.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, Jackson. Let's start with this.
Speaker 7: America's immigration system is broken and it needs to be fixed, and it's been broken for a long time, and part of what we need to do is always prioritize what we need to do to strengthen our border. I will tell you I'm the only person in this race among the two choices that voters have. I've personally prosecuted transnational criminal organizations right in the trafficking of guns, drugs, and human beings. I have spent a significant part of my career making sure that our border is secure and that we do not allow criminals in and we don't allow that kind of trafficking to happen and come into our country. And as the as my opponent has proven himself, he would prefer to run on the problem instead of fix the problem.
Speaker 1: All right, let me have it.
Speaker 2: Let me go back to UH because I want to play that in its entirety. We get cut off in the last break. You're the only person who has experience on working on it. I don't even understand the argument she's making. You realize you're vice president, right, And then your other thing was, as you prosecuted during your time as California AG. You also prosecuted a woman whose kid was in the hospital for two months for her kid, not coming to school and cost that woman her career and her home. So I know you did prosecute people, but like you, not only is that that's impressive for most people to be in a position to do that. You're the age of one of fifty states and a senator. But the person you're going against was the president who literally had the entirety of the border that situation resting at least in part I understand where you know, three branches, but basically resting on his shoulder. Like even if you called yourself and admit that you were borders, are you, you had less impact and responsibility.
Speaker 4: So that's an.
Speaker 2: Insane thing you just said. But it's not the only insane thing she said. Let's let's get into other things, like those taxes that would be used to pay for a lot of those programs.
Speaker 1: We don't know how much.
Speaker 7: We never got an answer, but hey, in terms of their taxes right now, Anderson, you know the document. It is well documented that some of the richest people in our country have gotten away with the zero tax, right.
Speaker 10: But if you're entering five hundred and six hundred and seve hundred thousand dollars under your plan, there's a good chance your taxes go.
Speaker 7: We can't have this conversation without knowing that it's very complicated situation, right, if you're talking about a small business owner, I'm going to bring down cut taxes for small businesses.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: I don't know one that it's well documented.
Speaker 2: I'm she there are examples of people and or corporations where a lot of the slides that end up with a zero percent tax liability. But they don't start with zero percent. Do you know what I'm saying, unless they don't have income. And people will go, well, what we have is we have CEOs that take stock options in liew of income and they pay.
Speaker 1: Themselves a dollar. And there's a few of them out there. I said, doesn't Elon do that? Whatever? But and then they go, well, then they don't have a tax liability. That's not true.
Speaker 2: When they go to take those options, exercise those options, and or offload any stock that they may be holding from previous compensation or that compensation, and they realize a gain, they pay taxes, or they offset the taxes with tax deductions, like you built in there.
Speaker 1: This is why.
Speaker 2: And even Dave Chappelle had this in his thing. He said, the thing and I've mentioned this before. The thing that made him go holy crap with Trump was that debate with Hillary where she said, you don't pay your taxes and he says, because I'm smart. And Chappelle said that that was shocking to hear from a candidate. But what was more shocking is he said, I would pay my taxes except I utilize the tax breaks that you and your friends put in there so that your friends wouldn't don't have to pay taxes. So and and yeah, yeah, that was it was a crazy I was a crazy because that was one of the first Trump debates with Hillary, obviously some of the Republicans, I think it was the first one. And he said that, and I let out a noise. I'm like, oh my gosh, he's going there. But his point was correct. So, yeah, you want to talk about bigger issues. There are some bigger issues. But as he told Hillary, he's like, you won't dare mess with them because all your billionaire buddies, uh will would would never donate another dollar to you.
Speaker 4: So either you're on one side or the other, just.
Speaker 1: Pick just pick a lane. Please, let's see here.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at the time, I have here, what have I not gotten to ross that has to be played to the ones that are left here? Do you think I want to make sure I get Ah, yes, Okay, here we go. Uh, this is this is the and this is the big question that she's failed multiple times with Redber and others, and so CNN trots it out in the softest approach I possible that I've seen.
Speaker 1: Let's get in.
Speaker 10: Is there something you can point to in your life, political life, or in your life in the last four years that you think is a mistake that you have learned from.
Speaker 7: I mean, I've made many mistakes, and they range from you know, if you've ever parented a child, you know you make lots of mistakes too. In my role as vice president, I mean I've probably worked very hard at making sure that I am well versed on issues, and I think that is very important. It's a mistake not to be well versed on an issue and feel compelled to answer a question.
Speaker 1: Well, clearly you're not. I could do that.
Speaker 2: But also I want you to put this in something that will sound familiar to most of you, and I how many of you have ever sat in a job interview, and you know the greatest weakness question might be there, right, And I didn't even tell you what it was. I just called it that you know exactly what it is. Where some employer or some interview or for an employer is asking, what's your greatest weakness? How many of you have an answer for that? Should you be asked that. I haven't had to do a job interview in twenty years. But but it's a question that, like should be easy to nail. And it's almost not even about the answer to the question what I would be looking for as an employer. And I've never asked it to somebody that I've been putting through a hiring process. But I think it's kind of dumb. I but some people will argue that it's not dumb because it's not about the answer.
Speaker 4: It's about seeing who had a who had a thoughtful.
Speaker 2: Prepared answer, or at least a thoughtful answer, versus somebody who couldn't answer the question, and it shows it gives you some insight into who that candidate may be.
Speaker 1: We can agree or disagree on that.
Speaker 2: That beings said, Tamala Harris just had that question essentially and bombed it, and it's so basic.
Speaker 1: Also, is she mother of the year.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I understand that she got teenage kids from her previous marriage in there, but but i'll give her that one.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Everyone makes parenting, you know, bad parenting choices. I'm sure, all right, and let me just play the other half of this.
Speaker 7: Perhaps a weakness some let's say, but I actually think it's the strength that well.
Speaker 11: My weaknesses are actually strengths.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, very.
Speaker 12: Good, there, you go, very good.
Speaker 7: So I really do value having a team of very smart people around me.
Speaker 6: I work too hard, I care too much, and sometimes I can be too invested in my job.
Speaker 4: Why does her voice keep going in and out like that?
Speaker 2: Is what is going on there? So she literally did the Michael Scott as as the answer to it. She actually bombed it harder than you think does. She didn't even bring up Michael Scott in a fun way. Oh man, all right, absolute lunatics.
Speaker 1: We got we got a little more audio.
Speaker 2: We'll get to here on the back side of the break CNN reaction and a neighbor you just you're gonna love. But first race stage it from the Weather Channel's hand and by he never makes any mistakes, never go except for that far where he tried to create his own dictatorship here in the last about an hour ago.
Speaker 11: But yeah, that didn't go very well so far. That's not working out. No, no, never give up hope, right, But Winston said, yes, exactly next several days next week, really still still kind of beating the same old drum. It's quiet is gonna up and down a little bit. Next week. We'll get warmer after a little bit of a cool down, and it really started to look like we are going to have some great weather here. Start to see a little bit of dryness across the northeast corner of the state new drought monitor route, some low levels of drought, but no rain. Load of mid seventies right on through Saturday. Then we cool off into the sixties on Sunday over I lose in the mid to upper forties, and then as we look a head toward next week, we'll start off in the middumber sixties for Monday Tuesday, and again mostly sunny into the seventies and maybe approaching potentially eighty degrees by sometime middle of the next week, especially for the Triangle and points south. We'll keep an eye on the tropics again in early November there may be a favorable area for development. The question will be well, something to develop, so we'll certainly have to keep an.
Speaker 1: Eye on that.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you, sir, I appreciate it. O kah, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on Jeff Bellinger about a minute earlier, and we have been Jeff, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 12: I'm doing okay, Casey, No, not a problem. Just heard from the Labor department this morning. The number of workers filing new claims for unemployment benefits declined last week. Two hundred and twenty seven thousand people signed up for benefits. That was fifteen thousand fewer than the prior week, and that brings the New James tally down below pre hurricane levels. Stock market futures have been mixed all morning. S and P and Nasdaq futures pointing higher. Now, futures are down a little bit, down fifty four points. The five week old strike by Boeing machinists will continue. The unionized workers rejected a contract offer that would have hiked their pay by thirty five percent over four years. The pact also called for generous upfront bonuses. The union vote just one more setback for Boeing. United Parcel Service reported its quarterly sales and profit grew for the first time in nearly two years. UPS is benefiting from higher volumes, more profitable packages, and stabilizing labor costs, and Tesla put up some impressive third quarter numbers. The electric vehicle maker posted the biggest profit in more than a year, and it issued upbeat guidance for twenty twenty five. Taylor Farms, which supply some of the yellow onions used by McDonald's, is recalling some batches of onions that moved through a facility in Colorado. It is thought that onions were the.
Speaker 1: Likely cause of an E.
Speaker 12: Coli outbreak that was traced to McDonald's quarter pound.
Speaker 1: Burgers and KC.
Speaker 12: Apple will reportedly start production of the updated MacBook Air computers very soon. Sources say the new models will be out in early twenty twenty five. They'll look a lot like the current MacBook Airs, but they'll include new.
Speaker 1: M four chips.
Speaker 12: The sources say Apple is working on a revamped iPhone, se, fresh iPad Air models, and upgraded iPad keyboards, all for release in the spring.
Speaker 2: Casey you know it's weird, is I saw McDonald's had taken they've literally taken the quarter pounder patties off of or from a bunch of res restaurants.
Speaker 1: They took them off the menu.
Speaker 12: But now they did suspend sales.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that then, but you could get onions on other stuff, so now they think it's onions they do.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 12: I don't know if the onions are in the burger meat that they buy specifically for that burger. That hasn't been explained, but they did trace it.
Speaker 1: Could it come to me?
Speaker 2: I ate the damn thing all the time. I know they put on they chopped up onions are up on top of them, So.
Speaker 1: Which they use them on I don't know. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks appreciat it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, there you go, Jeff Ellender, Bloomberg News.
Speaker 2: And of all the Kamala audio that you heard, and we played a lot of it, I think the audio that's most telling is the panel after the town hall, because this was on CNN. And let's see how the panel who's watching this in a room, probably punching walls and stuff.
Speaker 1: Let's see what they.
Speaker 6: Think Republicans would take another hour of Kamala. Harris we just press play. Let her keep going. We'd pay for another hour to let her keep up. Let her keep not answering the questions I think Anderson's. Anderson's asking her, well, why haven't you done it? You've been there for four years?
Speaker 1: Why have you done it?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 6: And the word salad answer she gave to that was just mind boggling. I mean, it's blown up the internet. And her answered that question.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, Let's go ahead and play her answer to that question, because it's not a question that's new to her, but maybe it's one she's reflected on because she gets bid every time.
Speaker 4: She answers it or doesn't answer it.
Speaker 10: Some voters, though, might ask, you've been in the White House for four years, you were vice president, not the president, But why wasn't any of that done.
Speaker 1: For the last four years?
Speaker 5: Well, there was a lot that was done, but there's more to do.
Speaker 7: Anderson and I'm pointing out things that need to be done that haven't been done.
Speaker 5: But need to be done.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? So what did you do?
Speaker 2: What did you because that was part of his quote, what did you do? So I strike three on that man. She's got to be terrified to get that question again. All right back to the CNN panel where they weren't done, even though Jennings was like, I'd love another hour of her rambling on.
Speaker 4: That'd be great for Republicans. That's where he's come from.
Speaker 2: David Axelrod has obviously been he's a political, he's a swamp creature. He's and he has specifically been in charge of campaigns. Surely he has a positive note for some of the hair support.
Speaker 3: And she doesn't want to answer a question. Her habit is to kind of go to world word salad city, and she did that on a couple of answers. One was on Israel and just asked a direct question, would you be stronger on Israel than Trump? And there was a seven minute answer, but none of it related to the question he was asking.
Speaker 2: And arguably it was the same save as it also seven minutes squandered on immigration.
Speaker 4: She never answered, Well, I'll.
Speaker 13: Just tell you what I'm hearing from people who I have been talking to, and that is that if her goal was to close the deal, they're not sure she did.
Speaker 1: That is the understatement of the year.
Speaker 7: Man