Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee, all.
Speaker 2: Right, five o'clock hour on a Friday afternoon, a little later than usual. That's completely my fall. Clock management never been my strength by any means, although at times it's not terrible. But today's one of those days where in fact it is terrible. But again, we're here and we're gonna make the most of the time we have left before we get out of here for the weekend. But I do want to remind you that tomorrow we've got you covered for game day. The pregame show we'll start at two thirty, hosted by me. It is the Louis of Football Pregame Show, presented by Pellow Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky and Jefferson Animal Hospital. Two thirty. Again, we'll get it started. It'll be an hour long, and then once it ends, well we'll let you watch the game. I mean, that's what you should do. Or maybe you're gonna be at the game, maybe you can listen to the listen to the pregame show while you're tail getting that'd be cool. Hopefully, I can, you know, carry some vibes, but nonetheless two thirty to three thirty, kickoff three thirty, and then after the game we'll come back right here, least to hope you guys will to react to whatever it is that happens on the Louisville Fotball post game show fors inted by alex Ar White Lawyer's suit distracted driver dot com and uh, I cannot believe how fast the show has went by today. I say that a lot. John mentioned it earlier, which reminded me it has gone by really fast, which I assume that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: It is a good thing.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good thing. So I don't really have anything to add right now that I haven't already said about this George Tech matchup. This is a team that I have a lot of respect for, but it's a respect level to where like, hey, I know you all are pretty good. I respect your coach, You've got some good personnel. I like your attitude. I think you're gonna come ready to play. I don't expect you to come out and get blown out early then and mail it in. So it's not like And with all that said, I'm gonna add this on Louisville is expected to win and should win, it would be an upset. Of the lose, it would be a disappointing loss if they If they lose, I mean, any loss is disappointing. But I really can't put Somebody asked me, hey, you know, since you're having such a tough time really articulating how to describe this matchup, can you compare it to another game? I'm not really sure I can, because you know, Georgia Tech they've not been good for a while. Last year they took a big step forward with Brent Key in his first year. They've never lost back to back games. They thrive when they are underdogs. They thrive and play their best football even if it doesn't result in a win against good teams. I mean last year they played Georgia within a touchdown. They beat three ranked teams last year. I mean this is I mean, I know sometimes people don't want to talk about the wagering aspect of matchups, and especially when it's your own team, because, to be honest with you, like I reference the spread because it gives us a reference point as far as like what odds makers are putting out there. But like if Louisville wins and doesn't cover against decent teams or good teams. I don't look at it like, well, they won, but they didn't cover. Now if I bet on it, it's different, I mean, but still like I don't care if Louisville wins by four tomorrow, if they win by forty, I mean, obviously winning by forty would be impressive, and I don't think that's going to happen. But this is even if you don't gamble and you don't really put a lot into spreads and whatnot, I still think this stat would mean something to you when it comes to how impressive Brent Key is in these situations. So he is thirteen and three against the spread with ten outright wins as an underdog. So as an underdog, he's won thirteen of the sixteen games. I'm sorry, he's covered in thirteen of those sixteen games. He's one outright ten of those games. That's impressive, and that speaks to the fact that he is really in his element in situations like what is going on tomorrow. So this is another reminder for me that honestly, from like an emotional standpoint as a fan, this is the season opener. It's gonna be September twenty first when this thing kicks off. But really, man, this is the opener because this is where you really get to see where you stand. And I like it because and I'm not gonna I'm gonna try my best not to get caught up in what others would view this win as if Louisville gets it, but I will be You know, again, what does it match just me? I'm one person. It's just my opinion. I think a win tomorrow, even if it isn't super impressive and you don't cover, I'm gonna say louis will beat a good team. Now. It may not look like that at the end of the year, but I'm gonna be encouraged by this Louisville team and the rest of the season based off of what happens tomorrow. And it's because I have that level of respect for Georgia Tech. I'm trying to make it quite clear. I'm not saying that we're getting ready to go out there and play Miami or play Georgia or anything like that. It's just that they are. They've proven to be good in these spots, and I think they've got some dudes. Man. I don't want to act like we don't have some dudes on our side for Louisville, because we do. But last year, I mean, you just look statistically when you look at what and I know I've mentioned this step many times, but when you look at what their quarterback did last year and a year where he kind of emerged as a guy people are familiar with, Like he's not somebody that you know a lot of people hype up as a guy that's you know, one of the best quarterbacks in the country, although those that covered the AEC specifically speak really really highly of him. But there was only four quarterbacks last year that had has had twenty five or more touchdowns on through the air or ten or more touchdowns on the ground, and two of them are starting for NFL teams. One is now leading the offense at Oregon Dylan Gabriel, and the other is the quarterback for Georgia. And you know, he was turnover prone at Texas A and M. But Haines King has settled in and I you know, not to gas him up too much. I think the defense is going to be trying to you knows, as they should. They're going to try to make him uncomfortable pretty early on in this game and really get after him early. I think that should be the game plan. But I don't think it's crazy to say he's gonna be one of the better quarterbacks you play this year. So I'm excited. Man, the anxiousness has kind of worn off now it's just man, I'm just ready for it to happen. I'm ready for this game to start. And we're almost there. We were almost there at.
Speaker 3: Their batteries are charged exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. I appreciate that. Pun. So I got the phone call right when we were coming back from from from the last break, not the most recent one, and it was and I told John like, hey, you know, can you maybe like at a spot or two because I feel like I know who this is. And it was that the vehicle made it to the dealership. So that's a big step in this process. Now they're going to do their testing and and you know observation, they're gonna they're gonna look at it and figure out, you know, what the damage is. Maybe it is a complete reset of the system and it's just a computer thing, or maybe they got to do some real repairs. Because AutoZone messed up my car. So I'll try to relay that story a little bit later on for those that weren't with us earlier. I don't want to make it too much of the show today. I think I've already kind of done that. But it's all people are reacting to, to be honest with you. But I told him like, hey, man, I'm on the air, I'm live, I host a radio shows. Any as I can call you back in like ten minutes, and he said, yeah, sure, no problem. Well I called back and I had to leave a voicemail, and when leaving the voicemail, I'm glad I caught it. At the end, I was like, yeah, you know, I don't know what other information you need for me, but feel free to give me call fivebut two five seven, one seven and one hundred. Oh wait a second, I'm on the air. I just gave you the number to call the show. Let me give you my cell number, which I did so, in all seriousness, that is a big step. I was getting worried that like it was just going to like my vehicle was just going to stay there and I would never it would just be sitting at AutoZone and like it would be bad. But anyways, So one thing I wanted to get to that I probably should have talked about a little bit on but I didn't. So there's a Twitter clip of Jeff Brom on his Coaches show talking about the UK game that has become like a really you know, it's it's become a hot topic among the rivalry because Brom and I can't play the sound for you here and I only heard it from the clip that that that has been circulating on Twitter, and it's now made Barstool Sports, and of course Kentucky fans are sharing it, and it's Brom acknowledging that Kentucky was the most penalized, one of the most penalized teams in the country last year and they did not get a penalty called on them during the louisvill game last year. And look, context is important in a major way. So once I saw this yesterday, I went back and, uh, you can't access these these shows after the fact. And and it's a tongue in cheek comment that was probably just to have fun with fans. That was I think like eleven second maybe it was not a situation where he was bitching and moaning about being screwed against the rival. I say this, I mean again, it's not like I'm saying because I've got like close personal access to Jeff that nobody else has. But i know him well enough to know and I've said it many times because I know it's the facts. Nobody's more pissed about losing to Kentucky last year than Jeff Brown. If you asked him personally, he would acknowledge all the dumb stuff they did to lose that game, and he would acknowledge they kicked it off to Barry and Brown. He would acknowledge, you know, just little miscues here and there that like should have prevented it. Now, yeah, it is unusual for the most penalized team, in one of the most penalized teams in the country to not have a penalty in a SEC in a game against the rival when the refs are from the SEC. But that's a far stretch to claim that he is blaming that loss on officials and that the SEC refs were given Kentucky favoritism. That's not all what he said, And even in the eleven seconds that's out there, it's not it's not it's it's a reach, But what do we do in the rivalry we reach where petty we take any like again, like, for example, Kentucky fans, and I give them a better that I can't be, Like I can be, I can do the rivalry stuff, but I'm also not gonna lie to you and give you an opinion that I don't believe just to rib the fan base. But I get why Kentucky fans are encouraged in a major way by what happened on Saturday. In fact, they should feel better about their team and and and you know, if anything, their complaints are about their coach. So like they did the moral victory stuff, and I and I said on the show right after that game happened on Monday, I get it. I would do the same thing and moral victory stuff like we all do it. Nobody wants to say it. It's become this thing where you're just like you're a loser if you do moral victories. No, it's human nature, it's it's it's it's it's just a part of processing results and trying to asp a positive or a silver lining from from said situation. You know, Like I don't know if this is the base example, but like when somebody's about to say I'm not I'm not a racist, but you know what they're about to do, say something racist no offense, but I'm about to offend you. I mean that that I mean like so when somebody says I'm not into moral victories, but I'm into moral victories, Like you're not claiming you won, but you you feel some positive energy from said result. So like all of the Louisville Twitter world, and I don't blame them, I get it. I know what this is. They're just making fun of Kentucky for their coach punting it unfourthd down and them acting like they won a game when they actually lost and being you know, a team that that that actually lost to the number one team in the country, but because it was a close game, the number one team is no longer the number one team. Like I know how all this works. I know we all do the same stuff for the most part. Like for example, if this if this exact clip existed from Stoops and the result last year was the other way around, we would clown them. Here's what I have an issue with. I have no control over it, and I shouldn't say like I'm bothered by it. But like, here's what I don't get. Who would think that putting this out there from the Louisville side of it would make Louisville look good? Because I saw this coming as soon as I saw this, this clip on Twitter and where it came from. I'm like, why are you weaponizing our rival to call us sore losers? Like, don't give them the gun to shoot us? And again, we don't care what they think. Anybody who listened to what Jeff said knows that he's not saying that they lost because of refs. But now you got Barstool Sports writing blogs about Brom being a sore loser, little brother stuff, and like, I guarantee you this, no Kentucky fan was listening when that comment was made, and he did not like in a way I think presenting just those eleven seconds of this clip, it's honestly kind of taking them out of context. If I'm being honest with you, just just being honest. So you know, I don't think anybody was out there trying to make Bram look bad, but you got it. You gotta be smart. And and here's the thing, it's rivalry banter. It's foolishness. It's what we do. It's it's childish, it's petty, and that's what makes rivalries great. Right. We all are petty children in a way when it comes to how we behave when it comes to the rivalry. But don't don't give the other ammunition. I mean, I guess you can. But like I know this, Jeff brom ain't happy that there's now a story out there all over the internet and this clip has got what two hundred and fifty one thousand views by somebody making I mean like they created this, Like it's it's crazy to me, and I don't think it was done out of out of you know, like hey, let's make fun of Bram for being a sore loser. But like what each think was gonna be the result of this, especially when you only include eleven sections of the eleven seconds of the context. So again, like I've I've put a lot of stupid stuff on Twitter that I probably shouldn't have. You know, it's not your job as a fan to be mindful of how what you say or what you share makes the coach look like so I'm not trying to say that, but like, let me give you another example of something that like, I just think, like I think people, I think their head's in the right place, but don't prop the Louisville fan base up to get clowned. I mean, I guess you canny if you don't care. But people can act like they don't care. They care. People are seeing Louisville making fun of Brahm's comments and they're clapping back. You know what that does. That means you care, And that's okay. It's a rivalry. Of course we're gonna care. We're gonna go back and forth. But there's another tweet from an account called State of Louisville and they cover U of L I believe mostly, and then some other stuff too. And here's their tweet and again another tweet that went off went crazy, over one hundred thousand impressions on this tweet for an account that only has thirteen thousand followers, fourteen thousand followers, roughly like, you got to you gotta you know again, you don't represent the fan base, and I know you're not trying to, but like, I know you're in a right and I know you're coming from the right place. Be a little more mindful about how this could be perceived by others. Let me read the tweet to you. This is from again State of the Louisville and I know one of those guys that is a part of that, and I don't even know. I don't even know who all is helping them with that platform or whatnot, So I'm not it's not personal at all, and I think those guys do a good job from what I know. But here's the tweet. Don't come at our neck for this, but don't expect a massive crowd for Georgia Tech Saturday in Louisville, feature Bourbon and beyond, and they're going to mention all the big names. And they say forty five thousand and attendants expected racing Louisville game at seven point thirty, Louisville Bats game seven fifteen, Churchill Down's fall meet Little League football in full swing. I actually think they every bit, every bit of intention in that tweet is coming from a good place. And I mean that sincerely. If I didn't, I wouldn't say it. But now you're already making excuses for a like crowd for Triple A baseball little league football. And again, I'm a dad. I have I've missed two louisvill football games for my son who's playing flag football, and I feel like I'm lying to you calling it flag football. They run around, kids take naps during games sometimes like it's not that, but it's my son. And I can't be at ellen And Stadium doing kegstans to entertain the crowd when my when my son's out there playing football, I'm a dad, Like, so you know, like I mean it sincerely. I believe this was just like, hey, the crowd may not be great, but just keep in mind there's a lot of stuff going on. That's a fair message, but don't prop it out there for it to get shared over one hundred thousand times for people to say they want to big. They want people to think throw a real football program. They're talking about competing with Triple A baseball. And I love the Louisvill Bats. They let me throw out a first pitch, but like, let's be real, if we're losing people at our games for the Louisville Bats, we got problems. And Greg Elliott would agree. I would say, I don't want to speak for him, but like it ain't personal with the Bats, but like let's be honest here in little League football from the parental side, Yeah it matters, but that's not what the Internet's gonna think. They're savages. They're gonna say that you care about watching you know, Timmy with you know, just lost his front tooth scoring a touchdown. It's seven years old, like you know, like it just again, if you truly don't care, which a lot of us do, because that's how petty the rivalry is. Who you know, like whatever, but don't like if we're going to live in this space where we're gonna try to be mindful of like getting getting over on the rival and you know, when it comes to the trash talk, the back and forth and we all do the same stuff, we're all alike, to be honest with you, And I mean that, like I think they're a little nastier and you know that's just my opinion, but I'm biased. I'm a little fan. But like, let's not let's not like, you know, give them the gun to shoot us, if that makes sense. And again I'll reiterate it for the one million time. If you don't care what they say, you can keep living your life with that as how you believe you're wired. But like I'm looking at the responses. I mean, you care you wouldn't clap back at big Blue, you know, big blue blue butt crack, big Blue Pope taint or something like or Mark.
Speaker 3: Stoops Stoops troops or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, like big blue, maybe not big a big blue Bozo fifty seven. I need to oh, uh how about this? Uh the RP renegade. That'd be a good UK troll, wouldn't it. Yeah, the rep renegade? You got anything else? I felt like you had something on the tongue there, John.
Speaker 3: No, there, I was workshopping something.
Speaker 2: I could do this all day, like I gotta think about something good with Pope. Pope's posse you like that, but you know, not for Pope. I mean, this isn't even creative. But the first response I see on this tweet that I just read bush Hamden offensive coordinator parody account, Like we're quite clear with your profile that it's not really bush Hamden the offensive coordinator. So anyways, again, that's been coming in hot and heavy, as they say on our text line in the last couple of days, and I'm just you know, that's my thoughts on it, Like it's not a big deal. Well I'm not mad at anybody. I'm not, like, can you I can't believe somebody that you know, claims to represent U of L and the fan base did this cause again it's all, it's all like nobody did anything wrong. I'm just like, you got to keep that in mind if you truly don't care, which you do. And here's the thing, Like, there's no scenario on planet Earth that Jeff Brohm is happy that there is a clip of him talking about the officiating in the Kentucky game and it only includes eleven seconds of him referencing no penalties called on Kentucky when they were the most penalized team in the country, and the rest of c refs like again, that's I mean, I think that's all you can fit in. Like the context wasn't there, and there's over a quarter million views of that clip that ain't he ain't happy with that, Like again, he said what he said, but just clipping that, I think it led UK fans to just, you know, run with it. And again here's the reality, they'll run with whatever, right, Like he could go to a pres coomp for instance, say he didn't agree with the call, and you know you might have the UK what what did Dockets The blogger boys, that's what Docketts used to call him, the blogger boys. They're gonna run with it and just label and probably get a ton of traffic with a headline about bron being a sore loser, which he's not. I don't I mean, I don't know this for certain, John, I can't trust me, I can't confirm it. I don't know if Jeff has slept a second since he lost to Kentucky. And it's not because he's obsessed. It's because he knows how much the game means to the fan base, and he wanted to win that game. And he would tell you if you asked him a billion times, every single time he'd respond with, we gotta play better, we gotta do better on our end. Him acknowledging the ref thing. It's it's I think it was just tongue in cheek. All right, quick break will come back on the other side, keep the party rolling along. You liked that Dockets reference, did the blogger boys? How about that you found an upbeat Zach Bryanson.
Speaker 3: I know I didn't know they existed.
Speaker 2: And it is.
Speaker 3: Quentin time on the front.
Speaker 2: It is, that's true.
Speaker 3: I like placement of our good News song. I like this.
Speaker 2: I'm in a weird place with Zach Brian, meaning I would never I mean, I would love to see him. I just I mean, I know it's impossible to see him tomorrow, and I'm not gonna pay a bunch of money or travel to go seem just because that's not what I do. It's just not like that's not something I prioritize doing. But I like him. I just you know, it's probably more of my personality when I can't match the level of love that I feel like every fan of his has in any way, I just almost feel like, yeah, I don't like I'm not worthy to be a fan of his because I don't love and I don't and it's not like he's worshiped like Taylor Swift is, but you know, he's I don't know, I like him a lot, and and I know what times we've talked about him, and I'm I've probably given off the vibe that I'm not a fan and I'm not even sure if I'm a big fan. But he's a talented guy. He's a great writer. Oh, he's a great writer. He's just a lot of his songs are sad, and that is you know, that's the substance of his writing, which is honest. It probably makes him more genuine. He's not trying to give you five different types of I mean, he's just writing what he thinks is real. And I respect somebody who does their own music and is fully in control of the production, the writing and all that. It's just it's hard to find. Like, you know, if I'm gonna listen to Zac Bryan's biggest hits that most people would categorize as his big songs, I'm gonna be sad after and I don't want to be sad. John, I'm sad.
Speaker 3: I've got the same way.
Speaker 4: I cannot deal with sad lyrics in music because there's just been too many times where I try to listen to a sad song maybe and then not that it makes me cry, It just puts you, puts me. I should say in a mood that I don't want to be in. After the fact, I'm like, this isn't what I'm going for right now.
Speaker 2: I haven't told you this yet, but you, you and I getting to know each other over the years working together. You know, I know you listen to a lot of music, probably.
Speaker 3: More more than I should.
Speaker 2: But do you still do the Friday album?
Speaker 3: I've still done it.
Speaker 4: I've been doing it probably for close to four years now, not necessarily always on Fridays, but I try to do Fridays if I can.
Speaker 2: John tries to pick a day Friday, if if can be as he said, and if not, he'll he'll just do an album start to finish, right, Yes, And I don't do that. But like I like, music can really and and this is a no brainer for so many people trust me, like I know, I'm not I'm I'm I'm. I was about to present it as if like it's some uh big brain thing that I discovered that people didn't realize. Music can really really tap into your emotions, Like duh, that's why music's great. That's why people love music. That's what music does. It's entertainment, it's it's an art, it's it's it's a craft, and it can absolutely Like there's songs that'll bring you to tears, right, Like there's songs that will make you feel great. I just have never had really a real emotional attachment to music in that way. But giving your situation when you told me just that you try to do that. And I know you're very much into music and just much more you know, knowledgeable of of it. I now realize I can use music to help me in days that are bad, or days that you know, need a pick me up or whatever it may be, or just you know, or maybe not even a pick me up, but just to like relax. So I wouldn't claim to be like somebody that is just playing records in the house NonStop and just you know, but but it is. It's therapeutic, it really is.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite pastimes is to again put on whatever album may be for the day, and it's not like a record player. I just usually pull up, you know, my music playing app whatever it may be, get a cup of coffee, just hit shuffle, hit right, not even shuffle, but just play it front to back and usually it's a forty to fifty minute listen and that's sometimes the best part of my day, depending on what else is going on.
Speaker 2: You would be a really good music writer, meaning like not writing songs all, although you may be able to do that too, but I mean I think like you would be you know, you would be good at doing it. Because the younger generation, and I'm including people and I'm not I mean people younger than me. I don't you know. I feel like I can now say the younger generation and it be clear that it's not me, although I'm not old, but I'm I mean, I'm not young. They don't even really know what albums are because they get their music all by singles that are released. Now, the big, big artists are absolutely dropping albums that do super successful, but like people don't bring up I feel like it's just about the next song that comes out that you can pop up, upen on Spotify and listen do. Which is great. That's fine. Things change, every industry evolves. But like when you heard somebody was working on an album, it used to be different, like you would know like oh my god. And I guess that's still the case to an extent. The build up was so much different though, and it was so much harder to ask me see it than it is now.
Speaker 4: One thing that aggravates me as a purist with albums is when artists bands, whatever it may be, they'll release like six singles and the album may have eleven songs on it, and that's half of the album that's been pre released before the full thing even comes out. I usually, for my own sake of wanting to enjoy the album and its entirety, I won't go past probably the second single if they're releasing a bunch of them before they released the whole thing.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, if you're going to evaluate an album, and it may not even be fair to say this, but I feel like one of the bigger components is going to be what the songs that weren't singles were like, right, yes, and that's deep cuts they say, yeah, yeah, I've never liked that phrase or like that term for but that is I mean, that's what they call it, and that's that's what it is. But uh, you know, for example, I I would never tell anybody I'm a big fan of post Malone or Morgan Wallen. And I use those two guys as an example because they're super popular, right like they're I mean, they're.
Speaker 3: Too of the biggest artists right now for sure.
Speaker 2: In the country, in the world maybe, And I would never say that I'd hate them or I dislike them, but I wouldn't. I'd be a liar if I said I'm a big fan and then I listen to a lot of them, but I I don't know, maybe I'm not rare with this, but I can hear their music and not say, man, I want this, I want this on my on my playlist on Spotify. But like I can tell how talented they are, Like I can appreciate the the art because that's the thing. They call them music artists, because it's not to get to you know, not to make it sound too you know too you know, yeah, but it's hard, like it's what it is. And they are two people that again, and I'm sure there are people who I've never listened to last stuff that's not you know, pop pop pop stuff more well the more of Allin's got the juice on both sides. He can give you a pop rap song with with Cardi B and the and the dudes on Jack and Jack deb Chev's that you know all you know or you know, I'm not gonna go down that path. But like he he's he's he's big in every aspect. I feel like that's why he's selling out stadiums. Yeah, exactly exactly, because he's talented and he's good and people recognize that. And then same thing with with uh with with post Malone, like he's also kind of a crossover. I know a lot of people claim why he he used the the urban culture to get over and it was all but like, I just think he's a really talented guy and I can respect that. So, uh, we're talking music here because you know, neither of these guys that just mentioned are on are part of the Bourbon and Beyond lineup that's here. But we have become, I think, a music festival city, and I love that it brings more people here to the city. I heard Mary Greenberg on with On in Dwight earlier today, and uh, you know, I mean it's great to have these events and they're not slowing down. I mean, right now, this lineup that is currently going, you know, in place here as we speak this weekend, you won't find many music festivals anywhere that are that are as as diverse and are as star studded as they say, so good stuff, good stuff, no doubt. All right. So I don't do we do we need to reset the story of the of the car, because I you know, I don't. We are running out of time, We are running out of time. But you know there are people who don't get to listen till you know five point twenty or whatever that are that are asking and I don't want to cater the show to two people that were like, Hey, what are you talking about with your car? Autos one whatever, So I'm gonna I'll encourage you to listen to the podcast. That's what I'll do. I'll encourage you to go that route. When it comes to uh figuring out that story, you can go to my Twitter. I went and got a battery at AutoZone, asked them if they were able to replace it. I have a Volkswagen atlass. I know those are tricky for a lot of people, and I don't even mean that to say like they're not capable anybody. There are people who are phenomenal mechanics who refuse to work on Volkswagons because they're just different. It's German engineering. And they claimed that they were able to do it. They weren't. I had to leave my vehicle at AutoZone, and you know, I'm hoping that I get it back and I'm made whole. But one thing I never These are two details that I do think are a little more of an explanation as to why I'm just you know, although there's some people who are like, why are you not more mad? And it's just not me. Last night while once they realized that they they had, you know, had the battery on backwards for three hours and potentially damaged my vehicle, I mean, they did damage it. Hopefully it can be fixed. And that's the reason I was there three hours, not because of any issue of Volkswagen, but because they did not know that they had the battery on backwards like that that's a pain in the ass. As they're getting the battery strapped back into the car, like, you know, like firmly placed in there with their tools and whatnot. They offered me a couple of free air fresheners for my inconvenience. I mean like at the time, I'm like whatever, I just want to leave. But now I'm like, I'm almost like were you serious? And they were like is that not? Like crazy? And then and then and then when I got there this morning, when I showed up to tell somebody who was not working there last night about what had happened, and he asked if he could help me, and I was like, it's a long story. I'm going to talk to this guy when he gets done and he's like, well, I'd love to help you. You know what can I do? And I was like, well, if you want to know, I'll tell you. He was in disbelief. I mean, he said when I told him that I was here last night for three hours and they couldn't get my battery figured out, and it's because they had it on backwards and it led to them trying to get it connected incorrectly, which has led to me being able to start my car, but now nothing else works electronically, he said. He looked at me and said, are you efing shishing me chief? Back to back? Are you effing bleeping me? Chief? Is what he said. And I said, I wish I was. I mean, that's how, that's how. And so anyways, the guy who you know, then learned that I had shared with one of his coworkers really an embarrassing story and they and to be fair, they're embarrassed. They haven't said that word specifically, but like the lack of communication is not because they feel think they did nothing wrong. I don't think they believe there's anything they could say to make anything better, because it's insane how this whole thing played out, Like where they may have damaged my vehicle because of their inconfidence. And I literally asked them ahead of time, like, hey, are you going to be able to do this? If not, it's no big deal. I just want to make sure and they said yeah, And then now I can't drive my car. So I think there was a little bit of pride that was hurt there while one of his colleagues finding out like what happened the night before. So we're walking out and he held the door for me and and it's him leading us out to the car, and there's somebody behind him that is also the employee that I talked to initially, and he said, well, at least we got you home last night, And without thinking, words just came out John and I said yeah at ten thirty and I missed my son's football practice and I didn't get to tug with them my kids in last night. And I felt when I said it like I was being a jerk, but now like, no, like I would I would not have said that had you not said like, cause at least we got you home last night. And again I don't even think that there was any any energy from him that was like I'm in the wrong, I'm just choosing to think that he was trying to find a positive But then again, like I think he did it because he was bothered that I told his colleague what happened, and that's a bad look. Like I'm not gonna lie to you. I hate this, but I also am gonna I'm not gonna eat the cost of a car and be inconvenience because of it. I wouldn't be shocked if people get fired. Like I'm not kidding you. I hate to say that. I don't want that. If I if they asked my opinion, which they wouldn't and shouldn't, I would say no because I would never want that, or like I would hate knowing that, but like that's what happened, and you know, it's a bad look. But like him saying that, like I just said, you know, and his coworker later came up to me and was like, I'm really glad you said that, because I can't believe you said that, and he's my boss, and I'm like, yeah, So anyways, let's got our last break. We'll come back on the other side and wrap it up. I got chills. It's the first Tyler Childer song I ever heard, and this video is the first time I ever I mean this exact video that John's playing is. I mean, there's versions of this song all over the place, the studio recordings, but this has fifty one million views five years after it was published. And love Tyler Childers. Good stuff. Thank you for playing this, John, all right, we got no time left, John, of your parlay? What picture you the most confident in?
Speaker 4: I like kent State plus forty nine against Penn State, just a whole lot of points. I think Penn State will cover that. And then I like the under in Minnesota and Iowa. Two defensive teams going against each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think NC State's great, but I also think that they're gonna be able to keep it within eighteen points of Clemson. I love that one. And then for tonight's game, I gotta be honest, man, I think Nebraska rolls at home on a Friday night.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Reminder tomorrow pregame show, The Louis Football Pregame Show with Myself will be live at two thirty presented by Pellow Windows in the north of Central Kentucky and Jefferson in the Hospital. And then as soon as the game ends, we'll react to it right here, the louisvill football postgame show hosted by myself, presented by Alex R. White, lawyers who distracted driver dot com. So we'll talk to you tomorrow. I have a good weekend, everybody,