Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one one double j RR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: One O one one double jr R.
Speaker 3: Right, we have a few folks say they missed the rock the bank cash keyword first one of the day.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was cash c A s h enter that at wj RR dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, get that done in the next half hours so you could end up with a thousand bucks. Not too shabby.
Speaker 1: I like how you're using our new cameras to tape this segment. And then I realized, as I kicked my feet up on the chair as normal protocol, look at what else is in that picture?
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't think it's in the frame of the apple there. No, yeah, I'm looking at the monitor over here as I have our split screen out now.
Speaker 2: It is you bites left.
Speaker 3: As I always have a little snack.
Speaker 2: I was a good crunk, all right.
Speaker 3: You all remember last Friday morning, right out of the gates, I had told you watched this story, and less than twenty four hours later, unfortunately, my suspicions were confirmed when we got the news that Alice and Chains have canceled all of their shows for May. This after some sort of medical episode with their drummer, Sean Kenney last Thursday night before scheduled show in Connecticut.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you predicted that, and then we got the news.
Speaker 3: So I said, you know, Friday morning, we got to keep an eye on this. Of course, Alison Chains was scheduled to be one of the primary performers that welcome to Rockville this weekend. Then we find out, you know, later in the day. Yeah, they have canceled all their shows to attend and focus on Sean Kenney's health issues, which, by the way, they have not gone in any details. I do not blame them one bit. It's none of our business. But they said it was a non life threatening situation and the long term prognosis is good. So that's what matters here. Yeah, give them, give them, give him and them their privacy, you get it. Congratulations. David Draymond from Disturbed, Dave's getting married again, Oh really, proposed marriage to his girlfriend on stage Friday night in Sacramento, California. Uh, during the second and last song of Disturbed set at the Golden One Center, Right prior to the light which was part of their ongoing tour this year. He brings Sarah Julie out on stage. Dave pulled her close to him and said into the microphone, you want me to read the mushiness here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Sarah, my, Sarah, my love. I'm cringing already. You have made my life so much better. You are the light in the darkness for me. I love you more than anything I have ever loved in this world, and it would be the absolute pinnacle of my life, in my existence. He then reached in the right pocket, pulled out a tiny box, opened it before getting down on one knee, and he continued, Sarah Julie, will you marry me? And Sarah quickly nodded yes, and then he said monkey sound.
Speaker 3: Shortly thereafter, congratulations that guy ending nuptials.
Speaker 2: See that guy up there making the monkey sound. That's my fiance.
Speaker 3: Now there's gonna be a Creed car in the Indianapolis five hundred coming up Memorial Day weekends.
Speaker 2: What's the reasoning? I think it's cool, but what's the reasoning behind?
Speaker 3: That band is teamed up with Meyer Shank Racing for the number sixty Honda. The car will be piloted by Swedish driver Felix Rosenquist and will feature a striking logo bearing the Creed emblem against a black and papaya background.
Speaker 2: It looks pretty cool. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if you're into IndyCar racing or not, but if you're into Creed, you'll undoubtedly be pulling for the number sixty Honda for that race coming up in a couple of weeks. The legacy of CBGB will live on. New Rock Festival take place in Brooklyn in September. Iggy Pop and Jack White will headline the one day event. It's going to be at under the k Bridge Park in Brooklyn September twenty seventh. Also, in addition to the headlining sets by Iggy Pop, which is, by the way, is his first New York show in over a decade, the lineup will also have on the Sex Pistols featuring Frank Carter, Johnny mar Markey, Ramone, The Damned Gorilla Biscuits, Melvins, and a few others. So that's kind of cool. As CBGB will live on in the form of a music festival, all right. Peter Frampton was the guest guitarist during the Pearl Jam show in Nashville this past Thursday night. Frampton joined the band on stage for Black, with a little bit of do you Feel Like We Do mixed in at the end, and the performances on YouTube if you want to check it out. Eddie Vedder introduced Frampton. He also mentioned that Mike McCready and Matt Cameron from the band played with Peter on his two thousand and six Ammy winning album Fingerprints. A vetter also said, you know, this is the first we've gotten to do this, and who knows how long we'll keep touring, so this might be the only time, referring to get into jam with Peter Frampton. He also told the audience something most of you don't know. This song Black was named after the color of his famous les Paul, There You Go and other Pearl Jim news. They have released a limited four track vinyl inspired by the TV show The Last of Us. The vinyl will feature studio versions of Future Days and All or None, as well as live performances of those songs. The band's music has been subtly referred to in the show I've been watching The Last of Us. Interesting show, Taco you're not big into the zombie apocalypse type stuff.
Speaker 1: So I did watch some Walking Dead after everybody had already seen it, you know, twenty years before.
Speaker 3: May not float your boat, but hey, there you go. And Rob Halford of Judas Priest obviously he's feeling a little bit. I don't know if you want to say guilty, he's the word gutted. We're not going to be able to be part of Black Sabbath's final show with Ozzie of course, Priest from the same town as Black Sabbath, Birmingham, England, which you think about two of the absolute titans of heavy metal and hard rock, both from Birmingham, England, from really the same era they emerge. They would want they absolutely want Halford there, but they had already committed to doing the Scorpions sixtieth anniversary show in the Scorpions home country of Germany.
Speaker 2: Now they could try to pull.
Speaker 3: A live aid thing here where you know, they do the show in Germany and then jet over for that. But Rob was like, you know, there's too many things that could go wrong and if we promote we're going to do that, then it doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: You know, then we egg on face right.
Speaker 1: I think it's as much as the stinks that they're not going to do, you know, the second one.
Speaker 2: You stick to what you committed to. Sure, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean to have Priests and Scorpions had already you know, been doing set up with these shows, and the sixteenth anniversary of a band has nothing to sneeze at either.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: And one final thought here Paul Stanley giving a total thumbs up to David Lee Roth's first show in over five years. When I told you about his performance at the M three festival in Columbia, Maryland back at the beginning of the month sixteen Van Halen songs and I watched and listen to some of this, and Paul Stanley agreed, he's like David Lee Roth, looked and sounded great. More power to you. Loved it. You go, Dave, I said, get back on stage and do your.
Speaker 1: Thing, because we all had our concerns after the Vegas incident and hearing them one time, oh god.
Speaker 2: It was bad.
Speaker 3: He's looking and sounding good there. So anyway, that is that's some of your rock news for this week. Any questions, thank you, sir? Do you want to make monkey noises before me, no, oh, come on, you're you're the human beat box to
Speaker 1: See better one on one one w j r R, Orlando's rock station, m