Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You need to get your ass to work. Whatever that was yesterday? That happened again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, Sissy, Well, welcome back, Thank you again.
Speaker 2: A long day that.
Speaker 1: Was not I listened to a large chunk of the program, and I enjoyed.
Speaker 2: That you already had to go through a root canal.
Speaker 1: Well, I had to drive to it back from it.
Speaker 2: I do enjoy it.
Speaker 1: By the time I drove back, it was Mo Kelly's show. Because I basically live there now at the dentist or.
Speaker 2: I spent all day.
Speaker 1: When I was like checking out or whatever, They're like, oh, did you see so and so I'm like, honey.
Speaker 2: I saw everybody.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well, hey, good news is that there's going to be a fun party on Sundays.
Speaker 2: I know, I am excited the game.
Speaker 3: Itself, like you've said, you know, and I don't think a lot of people unless you're a die hard Eagles fan, I don't even think. I mean, I know Chiefs fans want to go for the three, but I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: Funny because I've said, like, oh, I don't care. I don't care. I heard you talking to Amy yesterday on this show about it, and you're talking about how there's different people, different vibes, different lanes of like some people want to watch the whole game. Some people are like, you know, maybe casually look at it. Some people want to socialize. And everyone has different roles at a Super Bowl party. Sure that they that they assume. And I was thinking, and you and you put me in the camp of wanting to watch the game, and for the first time, I was like, I do want to watch this game, like I do want to watch I do miss football, like I have missed it a couple of weeks, And I do want to watch this game. I'm not going to have to watch every down, but I am interested to see what happens.
Speaker 3: Okay, my wife had asked. Keanu's husband also had some dental work done. Should we just put a blender on the counter for people with dental.
Speaker 1: Be able to eat anything?
Speaker 2: Crunchy chips?
Speaker 1: I can't eat chips.
Speaker 2: I can't. You could eat chips. I'll bet you you could find Well.
Speaker 1: They're very worried about this particular temporary crown so really, yeah, so I really need to stick to the guidelines.
Speaker 2: You could have cheetahs, so I can.
Speaker 1: Bring over jello oatmeal.
Speaker 2: I have some.
Speaker 3: I have some yogurt and some cottage cheese in awful in the fridge.
Speaker 1: If you kickstart a weight loss plan in the next week or so, apple sauce, flew it.
Speaker 2: Apple sauce is delicious. I do like an apple sauce. That's great.
Speaker 3: I am most concerned on Sunday about how Peter's going to handle this.
Speaker 1: I think Peter's can be fine. Compared to your to Fergus. Fergus was it was touch.
Speaker 2: And go there.
Speaker 3: Well, he was the kind of dog that would sit in the corner and stare at you like, are you really going to drink red wine on the couch? That that was what would be going through his or he would say, you wore those shoes to a party in public.
Speaker 1: Don't people usually take off their shoes at your home.
Speaker 3: If they want. I don't care. And there's a dog. I mean, it's not like you're going to be more dirty than the dog, you think, And I don't think I have a dirty house you're inviting.
Speaker 2: I'm just but there.
Speaker 3: Are people I think you and your husband kick off your shoes right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not.
Speaker 1: And I'm at home, but.
Speaker 2: I get in my pjs. You're like, you don't mind. I'm gonna go take a nap. I help myself to the thirty second snooze. Do not go into that bathroom. I've done that a couple. You're like, Hey, the fan doesn't work. Okay, wait, I don't sound like that. The food doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Yeah, this will be the first time he's had been around that many people at once, and I think after the first I.
Speaker 1: Memorry about your dog because he's not Fergus was not a social being, so I felt like that was a high stress situation for him.
Speaker 2: But he handled. I mean, he knew where to go, he knew the pockets of the room where it would be.
Speaker 1: Peter seems more up for anything.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be in people's faces. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be so tired, and I love it. That's the best tired dog is a happy dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to overstress. That's how I.
Speaker 1: Feel about humans. You got to wear yourself out, so you're tired.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Conway yesterday was talking about coming to the to our house.
Speaker 2: And he's not really coming, is he.
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonna have to change him as of yesterday.
Speaker 2: As of yesterday he said he was, and he was.
Speaker 3: He said on the air that we asked him to bring pringles, which is not what happened. He offered to bring pringles, and I'm not going to be like, no, don't bring pringles. And he said something about where we live, they don't sell pringles.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Who's he going to bring? Is he going to bring a like Doug Steckler or Mark Thompson. He always brings a friend. He might bring a couple, bring some guys from the track Jimmy two Tones made.
Speaker 2: This is Tommy Thumb over here. All right.
Speaker 3: The whole Doge question, the whole thing about what Elon Musk is doing.
Speaker 2: We talked about it yesterday.
Speaker 3: This team of young, very very bright men computer coders and programmers who are going through and looking at what's going on with these different government agencies.
Speaker 1: I saw a screen grab from Fox News. Is it true that one of their nicknames is big Balls? Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's a couple.
Speaker 3: I mean, these are teenage early adolescent young men who are now being trolled for stupid stuff that they've set.
Speaker 2: On the internet.
Speaker 3: I meant, it ain't Kanye, but it's you know, stupid stuff.
Speaker 1: And is it just like the trans woman from Amelia.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I saw an alert today on the Telly right here that she has suspended her oscar campaign.
Speaker 3: There, so I think what it is is she's not actively going out and right, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Because she'll get crucified. Yeah, more there is that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. Also a lot of super Bowl stuff coming up. This is a fun store. This is a fun topic. Is what smell represents La?
Speaker 1: I saw this and I thought, what the hell are you doing? La? Times? La Times is like what smell reminds you of La? And the first thing was like with steria, I'm like bowl s, but the real world, I'm like, are you kidding me? So I thought it would be fun for everybody to come up, well what does La? What do you smell? And you're like, La, I mean, I think we could have some real fun with this. Leave us a talkback message on the iHeart app. Just hit that button and send it to us. We'll come back.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about what's going on Elon Musk's latest adventures.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty. Now.
Speaker 1: Blake Lively is not invited to the super Bowl Suite because apparently one of the lead texts was Blake Lively saying to Justin Baldoni that she's Kalisi and that Ryan Reynolds and Taylor Swift are her dragons. And Taylor heard about that and was like, I'm not your dragon. These people are thirty seven years old.
Speaker 2: PS.
Speaker 3: It's time for a chance for you to win one thousand dollars. Here's how you picking it up.
Speaker 5: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website pay.
Speaker 2: That's pay.
Speaker 5: Pay Enter it now at KFIAM six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys if you're hurting an accident. Winning is everything called the winning Attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: Again, the keyword pay goes on the website.
Speaker 3: Emails how we notify winners and we'll do it again an hour from now.
Speaker 1: It's funny now that I say that, But they're thirty seven years old. I think of thirty seven now as still an adult, right, that's.
Speaker 2: Adult, an adult for one.
Speaker 1: But I look at them when I think of them, I think them of young women, not thirty seven. But then vice versa. When I think of myself as twenty two or whatever, I think of, thirty seven is old. Well, thirty seven, my god, gross, very odd.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk's Department of Government Efficiency is now pushing to develop what they call a custom generative AI chatbot for the US.
Speaker 2: General Services Administration. They're calling a GSA I.
Speaker 3: One of the goals of the initiative is to boost the day to day productivity of about twelve thousand employees under the General Services Administration.
Speaker 1: That means cut people who are superfluous, superfluous, right just to get rid of the fat. It's using AI to cut jobs, and you can mask that with whatever fun corporate speak you want. Analyzing swaths of contract and procurement data is one way they put it. It's basically using robots to cut people's jobs, and that is not going to go overwhell and they're going to do that. Department after department after department, the whole us AID mess, and now the General Services Administration. This is just going to be what happens with every single arm of the government.
Speaker 2: And this is exactly the way businesses do.
Speaker 3: What this what Elon musks want wants government to do. And he's been given free reign by the President obviously to get into it and do this sort of stuff to get after this. And we've said for a long time that government should be run more like a business, more with the customer in mind, the customer being taxpayers around the world. I don't know if this is the best way to do it, but it is a way to do it.
Speaker 2: It sounds like.
Speaker 3: Obviously, things like writing emails, generating images, executive orders, and other stuff like this. The way that this is going to be taken is that Elon Musk is imposing his will on all of this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's different than that, it's deeper than that. But we're still caught up in the early days of this what do you want to call it, throwing everything into a blender and seeing what comes out. He's he is walking in with a sledgehammer and breaking things and seeing what is left.
Speaker 1: It was pump the brake's approach when it came to the Biden administration. Chatbots like chat Gptgemini have been adopted across corporate America for things like writing emails, generating images, and things like that, but the guidance under the past administration was generally instructing government staff to be cautious about AI and using it. However, Trump is balls to the wall, full steam ahead, pedal to the metal, ordering people to strip away any barriers to the United States exerting global AI dominance. So that is why Musk has run with this green light, bringing aboard more AI tools. This is according to Wired other media that this could be the most chaotic upheaval of the federal bureaucracy in the modern computer era.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's a negative thing that yet. I think it's a little bit of both. I think it can be both. I mean, you point your point the other day, I thought was pretty well thought out. There's thousands of government workers whose jobs are still necessary, but they are probably working fearfully. They don't know what's coming. They don't know if their job is on the chopping block or not. We already saw some forty thousand plus people take that buyout, which has now been at least tabled until Monday last night, but of course was supposed to be the deadline for people to decide if they're going to take an eight month pay, eight month pay and benefits payout and leave the federal workforce.
Speaker 1: I don't hate the idea of AI being used to come in and cut the fat. I also think though it should be used in conjunction with input from people who are inside these departments. People who are the rank and file workers who know where the fat is, whether it's middle management or otherwise. They know what is redundant or unnecessary, and I think that their knowledge, especially people who have been there a few decades, is valuable.
Speaker 3: Well, at least some of that is happening. The new Treasury Secretary, Scott Besson, says that some of the now DOGE workers looking at what's going on in the Treasury are Treasury Department employees, so at least they have some experience with what exactly is going on. That's not all of them, but there is at least somebody from within the building who can help point to what's good and what's bad.
Speaker 1: I had this epiphany this morning when I'm watching and reading about Kamala Harris and the Palisades. She's going to run for governor and she's going to win. Because all the California Democrats they've been quiet lately, haven't they. They've been in the corner licking their wounds because they're still so upset about Donald Trump being elected. Like that was a big surprise. I mean, I'm not saying that you shouldn't be upset. I be what you want to be, live your life. However, I see her rising as like the queen of the anti Trump movement. Like, well, the the nation, those awful people, they chose Trump. But here in California, we're going to make the right choice, and we're going to ascend our queen to her throne, like you know what I mean, Like she's going to be the poster child of the anti Trump movement because she was not picked, because Trump was picked over her in California, the otherworldly, super righteous California of like we know better than the entire country, and we are going to make.
Speaker 2: Her our queen. That's exactly what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: We have a fire email as well. I'm sorry, fire mail I fire actual piece of mail that we'll read to you.
Speaker 1: Is it like on fire our typewriter?
Speaker 2: It's about fire.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: The best time of the day starts at nine am.
Speaker 2: Going to Gary Elast said show, we should start the show with that.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I might be a little lame on this. What is the whole thing behind saying super Bowl? Why are we covering up? Beats me? Super Bowl? Isn't it stupid?
Speaker 6: Big game?
Speaker 2: Stupid?
Speaker 3: It's because it's a protected I work a whole bunch and I'm not caught up here.
Speaker 2: You go, The NFL owns the name, the trademark.
Speaker 1: The copyright, so we can't make money off of it. Only the NFL because the NFL. I don't know if you knew this, but the NFL is really hurting for money. In fact, there's a go fundb page for the NFL that you can donate to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you need it. Listen, they make money.
Speaker 3: It's it's a term that they trademarked a long time ago, which just prevents us from making money on it.
Speaker 2: That's why you notice.
Speaker 3: Let's just say if there was a commercial where they wanted to talk about the game, they have to say the game or the Big Game, or the game on Sunday or the big football game.
Speaker 2: You can't use the word super Bowl for us to make.
Speaker 1: Money, stupid because we're not making money off of it. Also, is there any that makes you hate the Super Bowl more than Patrick Mahomes other than calling it the Big Game seven hundred times?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, did you know that if the Chiefs do three peat, one of the big winners is pat Riley. Pat Riley trademarked the term three peat many many many years ago, really when he was in charge of the Lakers and they were three peating.
Speaker 2: What a great story, pat Riley.
Speaker 3: And I guess it may have been the idea of either Byron Scott or Wes Matthews.
Speaker 2: They said this was eighty late eighties.
Speaker 3: He has reached an agreement Riley and Company Incorporated that owns the trademark.
Speaker 2: They've come to an agreement with the NFL.
Speaker 3: But if the Chiefs win, and they end up being the first NFL team to three peat, then they can market Chiefs three peat, use the term on all of the merchandise and everything.
Speaker 2: And pat Riley is going to be swimming in it.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear the details of the financial.
Speaker 2: On that that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean it dovetails nicely with the whole super Bowl is a trademark name because three pete. Who would have thought, I mean, well, I would have thought to make money off of that in the late eighties.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought about the forty nine Ers when they went back to back and there was three peat was all the talk.
Speaker 3: The follow But that would have been nineties, right, I mean that right, and even the same era it would have been pat Riley would have owned it already.
Speaker 2: Then that's what the Lakers were doing.
Speaker 1: They were winning, winning, winning, I mean there were I mean why not the Steelers? Why not? You know, I mean there's a number of teams that could win it. Yeah, that were I mean Charles, I haven't done a deep dive on the commercials for the Super Bowl. And I don't even know if kids these if people these days wouldn't recognize Charles Haley if they saw him. But like, he's the only one right now that has the three peete in terms of three Super Bowl r you know, the green.
Speaker 2: One from the forty nine Ers pre consecutive Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that Shandon should be given the responsibility of clearing out the fat KFI and give her a bonus of ten percent of all salaries that she cuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how would you like that job?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: There's there.
Speaker 1: I was going to make a really bad joke in terms of the lack of fat here at KFI. But we're down to a Karen Carpenter operation. Uh, somebody already came in and cleared out not just the fat, but the protein and the bones. It was just basically drums of people.
Speaker 3: Left running on power aid and amphetamines. Right now, Yes, all right, the Kamala Harris story. When we come back.
Speaker 1: Do you smell cigarettes? I said, maybe it's just the burning in my mouth?
Speaker 2: Is it still burning?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just the connorization that I smelled yesterday.
Speaker 2: Did they hit a bone and something?
Speaker 3: I smelled cigarettesmell cigarettes. We'll talk about Kamala Harris and her tour of the Palisade yesterday.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: What is the telltale smell of LA?
Speaker 3: I think if you're not from LA, and you assume that LA is all of southern California, I might even suggest it's the inside of pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 2: Oh that that sweat stick a.
Speaker 3: Little bit on a summer day where it's sweat and everybody's sweat is now cooled off because the air conditioning mixed with the chlorine chemically smell of the water. There's something in there. There's just there's something in there.
Speaker 1: The writer in La Times, Maxwell william says, you know, smell may be the most ignored of our five senses. I disagree. I find it to be completely not ignored.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 3: It's funny because the smell does bring back a lot of memories that you strong.
Speaker 2: It's very strong.
Speaker 1: Smell brings back the way that they put it, they said the Aroma baking bread mate might bring you back to your grandma's kitchen. Absolutely, smells bring you back to childhood. They bring you back to moments in time. Like a song can bring you back to a moment in time. Smell does the same thing. And then it says. The Times asked readers to share sense they consider synonymous with Los Angeles, and their responses painted a vivid olfactory portrait of the city. Okay, the first one, magnificent magnolias and wistful hysteria.
Speaker 2: Give me a break.
Speaker 3: There's there is a good You can leave us a message and tell us what you think is your favorite smell.
Speaker 2: We'll get to Kamala Harris here in just a second, enhanted.
Speaker 3: I love you guys.
Speaker 6: When I think of la I think of that smell of like old urine, Like when you go into an elevator and you know that someone has, you know, peede in the corner, and it just smells like that old urine.
Speaker 2: Kind of the same smell as event thanks bye.
Speaker 1: You smell that in almost any I think San Francisco, I think of urine because my mom took me forever to the Ballet downtown and it always smelled of urine, and she used to call it urine Town. We're here in urine Town, and that was the eighties. Now it's like a Now it's not urine. It's like the you know, it's the bottom of a Johnny bucket, or urine was the nice thing. Urine was a light. Now it's you know, feces and foam.
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris coming up.
Speaker 1: Through the the greats boom. The feces gets phamy down and then it comes up through the grates. People go to the bathroom in the streets. Now it's not just Pete, it's number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: No, you're not. You don't have to convince me. Kamala Harris the day of the inauguration, the day that she was she ended her job as vice president, came out to Los Angeles. She got a home in Brentwood. She went out and checked out, thanked some of the firefighters in the Altadena area. Yesterday, she toured the fire damage in the Palisades, met with local officials.
Speaker 2: It was her first visit to the Palisades.
Speaker 1: She's going to be the governor. I'll put money on it right now.
Speaker 3: So she says, you can smell the smoke that was here, thank you. You can feel the toxicity, frankly, of the environment. You can feel the energy of all the folks. We are still here on.
Speaker 2: The ground, oh, Clorazon. So here's okay.
Speaker 3: The one I wouldn't say the only, but a characteristic of what we saw with Gavin Newsom a year ago at this time was he was saying no, no, no, I'm not running for president. I don't want to run for president. I would never do that. Joe Biden is my guy, et cetera. He doth protest too much. He desperately wanted Democratic power officials to come to him and say, please save this ticket. You're the only one with the youth and the energy and the ideas to go up against Donald Trump. He desperately wanted that, despite the fact he said he didn't want that.
Speaker 2: This is Kamala Harris. I think playing that same game. Oh I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to run for governor. I just want to be able to serve my community. I just want to be able to live in Brentwood and go about being, you know, the best neighbor that I can be, or however she wants to do it, whatever terms she wants to to say. You've got I mean, you could count on one hand. You got Tony Thurman, you got Elani Cunilakus, you got I think Betty Ye has thrown her head into the ring.
Speaker 2: You got these people who have said that they're going to be running.
Speaker 3: Oh uh an, Tony Viragosa all going to run for governor in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: If Kamala Harris walks into that room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they fold up their bags and they go home exactly.
Speaker 1: And California can't wait to do it. They can't wait to show Trump. Yeah, the rest of the country may have gone your way, but here in California, we're choosing the right candidate.
Speaker 2: And don't forget.
Speaker 3: And this, I think is a statistic that it's hard to kind of wrap your head around.
Speaker 2: More Republicans voted.
Speaker 3: More people voted for Trump in California than in any other state.
Speaker 2: Now, granted, obviously it's a huge state.
Speaker 3: We have forty million people almost, so yes, you're but just sheer number is going to have more Republicans. But the number of people who voted for Trump in California is pretty staggering.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, not that anyone asked or anyone's listening, but it's kind of like going to your mother or father with a problem of a bully at school. Right, let's call the bully Dave. I don't want to go to school today. Dave's goin to make fun of me again. Dave is going to be insufferable to deal with. I don't worried about Dave, to which your parents should say, don't worry about Dave. Live your life. How can you make your life better? How can you have fun with your friends today. Don't worry about day. Don't let Dave take up any room in your space. Let Dave live his life, you live yours, Right, That's what you would say to your kid, right, That's what I want to say to Democrats in California. Stop fighting that guy. Stop electing people just to spite that guy. What can you do to further your cause right now? Well, what can you do to pick the next candidate who is the future, who maybe the future, who can take on jd Vance in four years?
Speaker 2: Choose wisely?
Speaker 1: Don't pick somebody just because it flies in the face of the Trump presidency, because that's not helping your matter. You're getting stuck in that same juvenile thinking that got you into the hole that you're in right now in California. It's just not the way to move forward. To act out of spite.
Speaker 3: Well, and you've said before, I mean that that's not the fight that we in California need you to fight right now.
Speaker 2: We need you to make sure that we're safe.
Speaker 3: We need you to make sure that the insurance companies don't continue to screw us. We want to make sure that we are protected from a natural disasters or that we're just at the very least.
Speaker 2: Ready when one takes place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, safety, road, roads, fire, fire, police, water.
Speaker 2: That was your other one was the water. Yeah, and those are the things.
Speaker 3: Stop stop it stop with that guy's a boogeyman and he's going to take us down the wrong car. Hey, get me to work on time. Make sure that my house doesn't burn down when the earthquake hits. Let's be ready to help each other out and just do that.
Speaker 5: Do that?
Speaker 1: Well, who's going to be worried about what bathroom you're going into or if a man is a woman, I'm going to be aware, right, Yes, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: I like eucalyptus and safe.
Speaker 1: I love eucalyptus in sage. I don't smell it enough here though. When I think of eucalyptus, I think of northern California.
Speaker 3: We're not going into a Yankee candle shop and saying what's your favorite, it's what smell reminds you of California, reminds you of.
Speaker 1: Like sweet peonies.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.