Speaker 1: Do you know if in the past, either either while you were married or how long have you been married?
Speaker 2: Twenty four years?
Speaker 3: Shut up? Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Do you know if your husband and I'm not doing this to be dirty, do you know if your husband ever No, no, no, bear with me. Do you know if your husband ever donated sperm?
Speaker 2: I don't know for certain, but I guess i'd be a little surprised we never had that conversation.
Speaker 1: You would be surprised because you don't think he's the kind of person that wants to help other people.
Speaker 5: Exactly, not in that way.
Speaker 3: Will you find me?
Speaker 1: Will you find me somebody who is donated sperm or and even if it's their even if it's their their wife or whatever, that's fine. I need somebody who has donated sperm, please, And it doesn't matter how long ago.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: But I need you too, And for any reason. You can tell me you donated sperm for beer money. I don't care, but I need somebody who has donated sperm, or the spouse of somebody who has donated sperm.
Speaker 6: So you almost frame it like it could be a job. The what do you mean when you said donate it for money.
Speaker 3: The oh yeah, no, well, I mean you look at.
Speaker 7: It, a nice supplemental income.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, don't even need two weeks for it.
Speaker 1: Plenty of that going on, all right, eight six six to Elliott eight six six two three five five four six eight. Again, I need somebody who at any point ever has donated uh their sperm atozoa.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: Now, while I'm getting that, just looking forward, Tomorrow's Friday.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is free beer Friday.
Speaker 1: So anytime you win anything any Friday all summer long, leading all the way up to Labor Day, you get yourself a case of beer from Lon Oak Farm Brewing Company. So again tomorrow, early in the show, right around six twenty, we'll give away three eleven tickets.
Speaker 3: You get your three eleven tickets.
Speaker 1: You also get yourself a case of beer from Lon Oak Farm Brewing Company.
Speaker 3: Same thing when we get to dirt carseat head rest.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if you need any info on anything, Facebook X, Instagram, at em online.
Speaker 6: If we would have played our little game tomorrow, would Diane have fun a case of beer?
Speaker 7: Where's my case?
Speaker 3: Yes? You know what, because I'm a good winner, Yeah, I would have.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would have asked Melissa, just one little glass is fine?
Speaker 3: All right? Where am I going? Line six? Hi Ellie in the morning. Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: You know donating a little sperm here and there?
Speaker 3: How long ago did you donate? I want to say it's been about four years. And were you donating just like for beer money or whatever?
Speaker 9: No, No, it was personal reasons.
Speaker 4: I had a vasectomy a bunch of years ago and have since remarried and my now wife we were thinking about trying to have baby, and really the only way to do it, kind of sure fire, was to go the IVY route and sorry.
Speaker 9: Not iv what's they called IVF IVS? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yes, And so that required that I be knocked out and they do an extraction and kind of do the insemination that way.
Speaker 1: So but wait a minute, So you have you ever donated sperm to a sperm bank?
Speaker 9: Oh? No, sorry in that sense, now I have not.
Speaker 1: Oh so was I am I gonna get a bunch of people? No, no, no offense.
Speaker 3: I I f'd up. That's on me.
Speaker 1: But like when I said donate sperm a thank you, sir, thank you, that's on me.
Speaker 3: That's my You were very helpful.
Speaker 1: Do I need to be more specific, because is that donating sperm?
Speaker 3: I don't mean to somebody, Well I do to a stranger, right, what is the sperm extraction?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 7: I mean they put them out?
Speaker 3: I heard that part.
Speaker 1: I got an idea, give me a flashlight. You can get it that way too. Do you have any other ideas? The I'm just reason in.
Speaker 6: Magazines from earlier for sales working towards my degree.
Speaker 1: The no, no, but I need, I need, I guess a sperm bank. Where am I going, Kristen, I'm one Hi Ellie.
Speaker 3: In the morning.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning, Elliott.
Speaker 3: Hey who's this this is?
Speaker 4: And?
Speaker 3: Yes, Andy? Have you donated sperm? I'm the opposite. Actually, I am the product of a donation.
Speaker 5: My my dad couldn't have kids and my mom hit up.
Speaker 3: A bank, did she really?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you ever okay, no, you know what? No, no, no, no, no, no no. But now, but you know what, do you do you ever consider doing it as a kind of a way to pay it forward, like with if some other guy didn't go in there, you're you don't exist.
Speaker 9: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 6: I mean I have two kids of my own, so I feel like I've done my part at this point, but I think it's a fair question.
Speaker 1: Here's so, here's here's what I was reading. Right, Well, follow follow me on this, follow me on this. So there's this guy and he has he has kids. Well, he used to donate back up, Elliott, let's go one.
Speaker 3: What dude, We'll call him mister X.
Speaker 1: Right, mister X has hold on one Second's very loud. It just got loud where you are. Mister X has two kids. He grew up very friendly with mister Y. The two of them were friends for a long time. So mister Y knows. Like, back when they were younger, mister X donated sperm to a sperm bank. Right.
Speaker 3: I don't know for what reason, but he did.
Speaker 1: Fast forward, mister X gets married, He has a couple of kids. They are now teenagers, like older teenagers. Mister X dies all right, mister why knows that mister X never told his kids that he had been a sperm donor back in the day. He wants to tell the kids that their dad.
Speaker 3: Used to be a sperm donor.
Speaker 7: Why, yeah, siblings, Oh so they can do the twenty three memes?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not not so they can. But if somebody else does and comes forward and it's not we're a.
Speaker 3: Match, we're related.
Speaker 1: If you're the kids, the first thing you think is, oh my god, mom's bang. Somebody don't do it. Mister X didn't want his kids to know.
Speaker 7: But now mister why is going to take it upon himself to tell him.
Speaker 1: I don't think he was emphatic, like whatever, on my on my deathbed, don't tell them.
Speaker 6: But he just think it's important that they know. I didn't even know you were going to say that part. If that was his wish, they do, so, then you don't do that. But even without that, why would you bring this up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, because like but that that's what I mean, Like, this isn't This is a peculiar scenario. But if you're just a regular run of the mill donor and you did it when you were younger or even as you were older, it doesn't matter. And you have kids, do you tell them that you don't?
Speaker 6: It's your choice. It's not your friend's decision whether or not to tell GA.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, But just in general, take the friend out of it. Again.
Speaker 1: I think it's like, let's say, let's say early early in the marriage, you and you're still donating sperm, right, you and lindsay you have a couple of kids, they're great, everything is fine. Your son's going into high school at some point, don't you sit him down and go, hey, just so you know, if anybody contacts you through twenty three and me, I donated a lot of sperm, you could have a bunch of siblings running around.
Speaker 3: Now Have I told my wife?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Lizzy didn't care. But this story, did you mention whether or not the partner?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: Uh? You know what, I don't know. I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 6: I don't know the answer to if you're telling the kids, you have got to tell them why or maybe first?
Speaker 3: I agree, Yeah, group dinner, I don't care. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I again, if it's something that's out and open in the relationship and I'm the one doing it, you're at liberty to share whatever you wish.
Speaker 3: No, but shouldn't you really share that with your kids? I'm on the kids should know side. I don't want I don't think you have to tell them when they're five.
Speaker 6: I don't want my family, though specifically my children, to always every day be like, well, this the day that I'm contacted by as sibling, A surprise, brother, or sister.
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of fun.
Speaker 7: No, it's not. No, I would think it's nerve wracking.
Speaker 3: Why is it nerve wracking?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Another day with that one? Thank God? Another day another day waiting for.
Speaker 7: You to think about that every day.
Speaker 3: I don't think you think about it every day.
Speaker 8: For the for the short term. These kids are gonna think about that every day.
Speaker 1: Okay, short term, but you think five years from now, they're like, maybe today's the.
Speaker 6: Day every time I saw someone who sort of looked like me, Yeah, God like approaching me, Hey.
Speaker 1: Did did your did your dad? Are you from your dad sperm or my dad sperm? No, that's that's not how it's going to be.
Speaker 7: Not answering any phone call.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, did Frank ever donate?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: You know that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no do you know that? I don't thank you? So walk down Rockfille Pike later today and take a look.
Speaker 7: See because that could be a sibling.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, I don't know if my dad did or didn't. I can have I can have little singles all over the place.
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 6: Eric on Grock had the AI Image generator do a picture of Diane holding a trophy this could be your sister.
Speaker 3: Now this is not a real person. No, it's my girlfriend. I have a chat GPT girlfriend. But this could definitely be someone who's yead.
Speaker 1: It looks like by the way I look at that, and it doesn't look really a lot like Diane. But that's the beauty of DNA. I don't know what the mom looks like. I know that's your sister.
Speaker 3: How do you even improve you're a robot?
Speaker 6: No, they wanted to this friend wanted to tell them. Did you say email or am I just in my head thinking it was that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was going to be a conversation. Maybe it wasn't e mail. I mean, I don't It doesn't really matter. I mean, you're committed to text them?
Speaker 3: Do they live nearby? Oh my god, I got it? And dig up the story. If you're going to do this, I think you should face or drive to somebody. I'm not a person lying. That's expensive.
Speaker 7: You can't do it by a text?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 8: That's how kids communicating? No, fatime, No, it needs to be in person. That's that's life changing news.
Speaker 3: See is it or is it not? Life changing?
Speaker 1: It's not if I if Linda calls. If you if you just be called Diane, let's have let's have brunch. I was listening to the radio their son. I have to tell you Frank donated sperm. You don't go, oh my god, my life is changed.
Speaker 3: Yeah you do.
Speaker 8: If you If you're going, then I'm going to spend every day thinking like, Wow, how many siblings other siblings do?
Speaker 7: I have a lot a lot?
Speaker 3: Frank was big, He had a big kerb feeler. He had a lot of sperm.
Speaker 6: Because you may be someone we keep approaching it from the perspective of someone contacting this unknowing brother or sister, but it may be the person wants to now figure out, well, what's this family tree look like? Yeah, yeah, okay, so it's his life changing whether you like it or not.
Speaker 1: No, but but it changes nothing about not Diane's life. It changes nothing about Diane's lives. If I got that knowing that there.
Speaker 3: Could be somebody out there who has Frank.
Speaker 7: Spurner me a weird thing to think of.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't change your life. Your thoughts absolutely absolutely. If I was sitting here and got that email, it what impacts my thoughts trying to figure out what I'm going to have for dinner.
Speaker 6: You could tell if I got that email during the show, you would you would wonder what happened to me for the next three hours.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 6: I get an email from sales claiming I mess something up and a spot and I didn't. It was good to go from the start, but that incorrect email bothered me so much. There were a good five to ten minutes where I was taken out of it.
Speaker 3: And what did I tell you? What did I tell you? You know that person is a chat bot from India, but it's my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: The guy's name is Oshkosh but good, no, it's not.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is Oshkush Bragosh, the same thing you would lose.
Speaker 1: That's his name, Oshkosh Ragosh and he's in India.
Speaker 3: I don't know where he is.
Speaker 1: I do ask ask sales. They get stuff from all the time, Like I'm a chatbot. It's probably Colin's girlfriend. Colin's dating the chatbot.
Speaker 7: Yes, Margaret, No, Tyler.
Speaker 1: Is Tyler's getting all fired up and it tizzy for Oshkosh Ragosh.
Speaker 3: And Sue nil. So do we outsource stuff everything? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know, go ask it. The last way we fired three hundred people recently. We're getting ready to fire a bunch more by the way, quarters coming now.
Speaker 6: Imagine Oshkosh sends me a note to give me the heads up that my dad donated sperm.
Speaker 3: Your dad donated sperm. Do not what's with the accent? Do not contact, do not, do not reply. They always they do not reply, Do not reply.
Speaker 6: Brother, he's not related to me, half brother, you know, he's my dad's friend.
Speaker 3: Oh god, whatever, I got your dad sperm. That's a life changing email. I got your dad sperm.
Speaker 7: Like curry.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, boy, Bob, all right?
Speaker 3: Where am I going? Line three? Oh?
Speaker 6: You were going with my stepdad? Yeah, I didn't because my dad actually passed all of ours. Have I thought you were using it because that was the setup?
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no. The story originally has a dead dad.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, no no. But why would he say hi to your stepdad?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: I guess you would say hi to my stepdad would be very high. Say hi to my dad. That'd be like say hi to Thompson. You know Thompson's dead. I had I can't hi Elliott Arding.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning, it's Martin. How are you Hey?
Speaker 3: What's going on, Martin, how are you doing?
Speaker 9: Grand it so talking about donors and uh, life changing. I'll definitely say I am a product of as are three of my siblings, and we were all told when we were adults it was it's definitely a speed bump. That's for damn sure. Excuse me, that was for her sure, learning that you know your dad's sterile and you get produced by a donor. We're all from different donors. And say'm a younger brother. He uh, his donor donated over one hundred times over across Bucal States.
Speaker 3: Wow, man, your your brother's got a ton of siblings.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, why rest personalities too? We'll go with that.
Speaker 1: Hey, so can I can I ask you this? Can I ask you a couple of questions? When you you found out when you were an adult? Number one, why did you find out?
Speaker 3: Like at what point? Why? Why were they like now we have to tell you.
Speaker 9: So two things. The cat got a bag from a relative. They spread the family secret to my older siblings. Cousin let me know. She goes, hey, I know your family secret. I know nothing know because it's so much of a family secret is secret of me. So she tells me my world was rocked. I'm not gonna lie because yeah, there's a feeling that I was deceived by entire life.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 9: And then my parents finally opened up when I left to do military things, and I did seek out to find who the donor was. Pretty sure I know who he is, but he won't own up to it. But now my older sister, she found out who hers was through connecting to one of the donor's cousins or something. He said rocked their world because one you will to throw it to make of it. It got even worse one he learned that his sample, which was allegedly supposed to be all used for one person, was used for two other times after her. Wow, so she's built a relationship with that donor family, whereas they apparently aren't doing anything with the uh, the two others.
Speaker 1: Now, I know this is an unfair question because you can't You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.
Speaker 3: Do you wish?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm being serious. Do you do you wish? Knowing knowing like you said, how it wrought your world? You're now you know that every one of your siblings is from a different parent. Number one, do you wish you never learned.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 9: That's a tough one. I don't, I don't know. I mean it explained a lot, given my older brother doesn't look like us, and you know he definitely looks like Milkman's child. But I mean it brought ol closure to those questions. It'sn't really changed much longer regards to relationship with parents, because I mean, one, if they didn't, I wouldn't be here right.
Speaker 1: No. But the other thing I was going to say is you know it, Yes, it could rock your world, but if you look at your mom and your dad, like your your real mom and dad, the people that raised you is your dad, your dad was sterile and you couldn't have it, couldn't have a kid.
Speaker 3: So so they got a donor.
Speaker 1: But doesn't And maybe I'm wrong, I feel like you would appreciate how badly they wanted a child that your mom went out and used a bunch of a bunch of gunk.
Speaker 9: Oh No, you're not wrong that it definitely brought a more of a uh more pride to it, because I mean, it's a life very terms. I was intentional at that rate.
Speaker 1: It wasn't an accent, absolutely absolutely, And there's work and effort that went into it.
Speaker 9: Oh, work, effort, financial is behind it. I mean, how many kids make kids? And that's definitely wasn't intentional.
Speaker 1: Interesting So now let me now, now, let me flip it, and you have not donated sperm in your life?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: No, no, knowing what you know, knowing what you know about yourself right and your siblings and what what what you guys went through? If you if you have, if you had been a donor but then had kids, would you tell your kids and would you tell them earlier?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 9: I don't. I think they're given given technology now with where it's at, yes, I would. I would tell them because, like I say, when when, don't when the donations happened. We're talking, you know, thirty forty years ago, the DNA testing wasn't a thing. It wasn't thought of. Yeah, it was a supposed to be, not the script whereas not.
Speaker 3: Oh damn it, you cut out, you will not out? Yeah, no, I hear you.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, thank you, you keep cutting out, but that's okay. Hey, thank you sir, thank you, my friend. Isn't there a mindset that you would tell them from day one?
Speaker 3: But they may not be born yet Yeah.
Speaker 1: What I mean no that when your kids are born you would tell them from day one you're the product of of of donor sperm.
Speaker 3: Oh this is not going back to the original storm.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, I'm just saying, like if my if my kids if no, not, not that they were donor sperm, my kids.
Speaker 3: Jackie and I have our kids the.
Speaker 1: Normal, the right, not well you know what I mean, No, the common way, the common way, the Indian voice.
Speaker 3: I had to get them off my back. The no. No, but Jackie and I are that.
Speaker 1: But if I had been a sperm donor, wouldn't you raise your kids just going hey, I was a sperm donor. In case anybody calls you, I was a sperm donor. So that way they grow up. It's like being adopted, Like you want your kids to grow up knowing they.
Speaker 3: Were adopted, so you you.
Speaker 1: They grow up knowing that you donated a bunch of sperm. I mean, it's not exactly the same, but it's apples and sperm.
Speaker 6: Yes, Well one Dirk thinks that that Hurdler might be Diane's brother.
Speaker 3: It's it's great number two.
Speaker 6: But then from Instagram, here's a scenario. What if mister why eyes and then the secret dies with him. And then a couple of years later, someone reaches out to mister X's kids and say, hey, we're siblings. The kids might think their dad cheated on their mom. I think, mister, why should I either tell the kids or write it down in an envelope and make sure the story gets to them after he dies, so that if anything in the future pops up, it isn't confusing.
Speaker 3: Well, how far down the what if road do we want to go? Yea at some point?
Speaker 1: Because what if he dies in a house fire where it was written down and that burns up? Also, God, I did not imagine that, So that's a no. Yeah, But I mean at some point it's it's I just think he must hold somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it is it is that you make your head may go there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh absolutely, especially if you're now an adult and you never knew, and it would be like, hey, we're we're your.
Speaker 3: Siblings, you know.
Speaker 1: And by the way, if the siblings don't know that their mom needed donor sperm, you would You'd have no idea. You just go, hey, I just got on twenty three and me my parents are dead, and I got really interested in my family.
Speaker 3: We're siblings.
Speaker 1: Yes, you would think that you're that your old man cheated on your on your mom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just still don't think it's that friend's.
Speaker 3: Place to tell.
Speaker 1: But if not, then but then the secret, well it's not even a sequell.
Speaker 3: It is a secret. The secret's dead. And then you never know.
Speaker 1: And like like Martin was saying, listen, they found all their donors.
Speaker 3: It's very easy.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess now it's very easy to do. Hi, Ellie of the morning, Yeah, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: This is Tiffany. I was calling in regards to your being shocked of how many kids are out there in the world. My husband and I did IVY and we only needed to use one round of eggs. We got naturally pregnant second time and had eleven five day embryos left over, and we decided to in it out in the world. So we have no idea if we have other children that are exactly my and my husband's burn.
Speaker 3: Wow, Like that's legit.
Speaker 7: And do you think about that every day?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 10: I just know just when I turn on the goddamn radio, it's you know, like it was so hard to get pregnant for us, it was such a journey, and then when we finally had it, we said, you know what, other people want this.
Speaker 5: Just as much as we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, God blessed. I mean that's a very that's a very selfless thing to do. Good for you now.
Speaker 5: But our kids are younger, three and five, so we do plan to talk to them about it, but we don't know how to, you know, and say, look, there could be eleven other kids out there, we could have thirteen kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you would explain they're not your kids. I mean they are, I mean exactly, the actually could be our children, right.
Speaker 5: They're biologically ours, but they're not our kids.
Speaker 6: Do you have any sense of the process that would have then come next with those donated embryos?
Speaker 5: Wait can you say it again?
Speaker 6: Like what after you gave them the go ahead to spread them out? You said, the world? But how far would that network have taken those embryos?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Okay, so during the time we didn't know. But then we did it through Shady Grove and they only had nine facilities and they're all on the East coast.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, but like at least it's not in or she sounds so disappointed that they may be so close.
Speaker 5: Oh that's I was kind of scared that they are close, because I'm like, hey, if you fall in love with someone that looks a little bit lucky, let me know.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, No, No, but I thought you were going to say, like like like if if the eggs went to Japan, I bet I could pick them out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to care, but the blonde over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I get that.
Speaker 1: I get that, but you but but you do plan on telling your your kids?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Yeah, I feel like we.
Speaker 3: Have we have to. What a wonderful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean just for awareness and potentially them reaching out and us having a relationship that could happen.
Speaker 3: Did you think of that? Oh wait, whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 1: We don't want that, elliot, thank you no, because then they want money.
Speaker 7: We did not want that.
Speaker 5: We want them to be happy. I hope I never hear from any of them like that means they're happy and healthy and they're living their best life.
Speaker 9: That's what we want.
Speaker 1: But you're right, twenty three and me or whatever, they could reach out next thing, you know, your kids are finding out they have siblings like absolutely, Yeah, Hey, when it's when it's time to tell them, can we do it on the radio?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that? Not the response, Yeah that's what we were doing wrong. Hey, can I can I ask? Can I ask an educational question? Like for for myself?
Speaker 1: So, like you said, you have you have all these these embryos, right, and you have kids and it's great, and you decided you were going to help other couples because you understand what's in and I do.
Speaker 3: I think that's very that's very awesome. What is what is the other option?
Speaker 1: Like if you if you're like, we're good, we don't need them, Like, what what happens?
Speaker 3: What happens to them?
Speaker 5: Do you have three options? You can donate them, you can give them to science, or you can trash them.
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 7: Yeh yep?
Speaker 3: And was it?
Speaker 5: And I would hope that most people donate them to other families And it's not then obviously, then let's go to science. I'm to go through the process and to trash them. I doubt that's very minimal unless you are a selfish, selfish pig.
Speaker 3: Right, excuse me? How much time do you have to make that decision?
Speaker 5: We you can keep I believe and maybe incorrect with this, but I believe that we had five years once they were frozen. Y Yeah, And so we had our first born, and then when he was ten months old, we were pregnant with our second, and so we had eleven embryos frozen purl it. We let her get to a year old and then said we don't want any more kids, please donate them to other families. And we had to go through like a psychiatric evaluation. You have to go through many inner reviews to make sure that it's not me pressuring my husband or my husband pressuring me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would trig.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: It was a big deal. I mean, I don't. My mom's not happy about it. She's like airrified, like you said, Elliott coming back for money and I and that's that is a possibility.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 3: All right, Very good, very good, You've been great. Thank you man. Family. Oh like your own family and.
Speaker 6: How they feel about it, and how those opinions don't necessarily line up with yours.
Speaker 3: Oh so like like Phyllis is mad that I donated sperm.
Speaker 6: So meanwhile the therapist is saying that that couple is crazy. Considerate and her mother is like, no, you're just crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I didn't think of that either.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: Great story, though, Where am I going line too?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Elliott the morning unless your mom?
Speaker 7: Hey is this me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 2: Hey? This is Sarah from Richmond, Virginia.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've approached this thing from every angle.
Speaker 3: The only thing I know is that you didn't donate sperm.
Speaker 2: That's correct. That is absolutely correct. So you guys were talking about like when to tell your kids. So I'm donor conceived, and I know our personal family story. My parents they had a lot of shame associated to having to use the donor, but they also yes, so this is in the early eighties and they, like, I guess fertility wasn't as widely accepted.
Speaker 3: That's probably true.
Speaker 2: It was kind of a tabby subject, so it was something that they never wanted to share. But they also were told by the clinic that they used that they should not tell the children that were can in this manner. And another part of it was they did. They called it washing the sperm. So my dad's sample was combined with somebody else's sample to help try to make his more viable. So they told my parents that there is a potential that it could be his biological children. It wasn't the case in our family, but in like the community that I've been involved in since finding out that has happened. So it's not like cut and dry, especially in the eighties when they weren't able to do like that man a test to determine it. So it wasn't as like it's not necessarily that they were intentionally keeping a secret. It was that they truly didn't know because of the way that it was approached.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, no, totally totally. Now do you know anything about the donors?
Speaker 2: Uh? So, I did a lot of detective work. I know who the donor is. He does not want to have contact with any of my half siblings, and myself does also he does.
Speaker 3: He has got tons of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I have more than just his nuclear family. I have a brother that I grew up with and three other half siblings that I don't like that aren't the donor said, so I have seven altogether.
Speaker 1: Wow? Now, and so he doesn't want to be contacted, does it say anything?
Speaker 3: Can you contact his kids and break the news to them?
Speaker 7: I have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one of them.
Speaker 3: I was kidding. Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'm linked with me on one of the genetic sites that it was either ancestry or twenty three in me. But one of the things that they are trying to change legislation for the verbiage of donor conceived or anonymous donor, it's they're going to change it to unidentified donor because you can't guarantee anonymity anymore with this because of all these genetic tests that are available or the DNA test.
Speaker 1: Pause pause pause When you connected with this the daughter of the donor, did she know that her dad had had donated?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: And it gets even weirder, So was it their mom was a nurse at the fertility clinic that I was conceived that.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, is this one of those like there's so many pieces, but like, was this where the doctor was impregnating your mom?
Speaker 2: Don't think so? But don't know?
Speaker 3: Oh God, stop asking.
Speaker 2: Questions, right, That's that's where I am with it. I'm like, Okay, you can't give me my medical history. I don't want to know anything else about it because this sounds dirty.
Speaker 1: WHOA Well, back then, I get maybe they weren't taking it far.
Speaker 3: Well, No, they weren't really just enter the room.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god, you're a yes to everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, what do you want to do? If you ask it, it'll come true. Have you dated a sibling?
Speaker 2: No, so thankfully I so I was conceived that a U penns clinic and I live in Richmond. Now my well, okay, So another layer to this. One of my half siblings has a autosomal dominant genetic treat that a disease that is genetic, right, it's from the donor. So that was our main focus was letting all of the half siblings know that you have a fifty to fifty chance of having this genetic condition because it came from the donor and they're kind of doing the head misand from the donor's family, like we don't want to talk.
Speaker 7: About it or know about it.
Speaker 2: But like I had to get genetic testing. I had to have my kids screen for it because it's a pretty SERI it's conditioned.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Fortunately I don't have it. But unfortunately one of my half siblings that's donor conceived, not from the nuclear family.
Speaker 5: She has it.
Speaker 2: So it's it. I think it's making light. It is like a crazy funny weird situation, but for everybody that's donor conceived, it's pretty serious to not know your medical history. And the screen back then they didn't know what you were doing. Like I'm pretty sure the screen was just like, hey, is this humans firm? Let's put a dinner, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I get that. I get that. Wow, man, you are something. Hey does your and like but your husband knows all this, right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my husband knows, my children know. I've met up with your half siblings, the the one that I'm closest with anyway, and then I'm in communication with some of the other half siblings.
Speaker 3: Fascinating, fascinating, great, the.
Speaker 2: Growing growing community. And I to reference back to the other female caller that donated her her IDs trials or I don't know the yeah, right. So that was another thing that I talked with my girlfriends. You know, I have a few girlfriends that have been through IBS, and I was like, hey, like, if you do donate, just know that, like the potential exists that somebody could come back to you. So you just have to be aware of that because I I like, I don't need a relationship with the donor. I just want my medical history but I know there are some people that are, you know, sure looking for more than that.
Speaker 1: Listen, you got to be more like me. I know none of my medical history. Don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. I think it's different when you start having kids. Like if it ended with me, I'd be fine. But if I'm signing kids up for conditions that I wasn't even aware of, I would.
Speaker 3: I feel I got two kids, didn't bother me. Still, all right, very good, You're great. I love you. Hey, hold on one second, let me get you a shirt for you. I give you one. Yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: That's okay, hold on one second, Hold on one second. Oh my god, what a story, isn't that craziness?
Speaker 3: Saga continues. Yes, I'll be honest.
Speaker 6: When she said sperm washing, I got distracted because I was thinking of that car Gabe rented.
Speaker 3: You know how you know where? Yes?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: When she said sperm washing, do you know how they wash it? They spin on that thing? Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: And when she said it, I couldn't get it in.
Speaker 1: I was like, I lost it, But then it came back to him right freaking on