Speaker 1: Phoning in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 3: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record.
Speaker 1: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 3: Here we are and now here he is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 2: At follow Adam a Adam Osley Bogie goes one of twelve from three and the Clippers lose three in a row coming out of the All Star Break. Welcome in the Clippers Talk. Welcome into the panic and the Sky's falling radio. That's been going on since yesterday eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy Not for me necessarily, but people in here in the chat, not from the callers even as of late, but people are melting down at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side, not realizing that it's difficult to win without your two top guys or two of your top three guys.
Speaker 4: If you don't have Norman Pale.
Speaker 2: Their leading scorer this season, if you don't have Kawhi Leonard their best player, you're gonna have a tough time against teams that had won six in a row that are having a moment, like the Pistons that have now won seven in a row. And the Clippers fought, they battled. They didn't run out of heart out there, they ran out of talent. That's how the game works. Why do you think people call it a players league? Because those who have the stars have the power. Those who have the stars have the advantage. The Clippers don't have theirs. You can call it an excuse. I would say it's an explanation. Like I don't know how you've been viewing the NBA.
Speaker 4: But it is a star drive league.
Speaker 2: If you're missing your best players, when there's only five guys on the court for you at.
Speaker 4: Once, it's a huge deal.
Speaker 2: Bogie had a really poor shooting game, an unfathomably bad shooting game, like incomprehensible one of twelve from three when they needed him. I said earlier today, I wanted to see him in the starting lineup. It happened. I don't think he lost on the ballgame because I don't know who else you're going to and you have to have some spacing out there, and Detroit was respecting his shot because of his reputation, but unfortunately he's had a bad year and he just had maybe his worst shooting game of his career, one to twelve from three. And the Clippers are still right there because defensively they were really good. They held a team to one hundred and six points. You should win that game, yeah, in today's league holding a team to one oh six. Like, let's see, what is the worst team average in the NBA on offense now, it's probably about one oh six. That's nothing with today's shooting and the modern NBA and the spacing and stretching the floor. The worst team points per game average is held by the Orlando Magic at one oh four. They play at a slow pace, they have a really good defense. But this Clippers team is right there in the game until the end of the third quarter, which was the first sign of things getting away from them, that eight oh run by Detroit. The Clippers went five minutes from the two and a half mark of the third quarter to the nine to thirty mark of the fourth quarter, five minutes without making a field goal. They went four minutes and twenty seconds to end the first quarter without making a field goal with the lineup that just got slacked. Is nobody could hit even with James Harden out there. So we're talking about almost ten minutes of basketball and a forty eight minute game where the Clippers did not hit a field goal. For those who were telling me just heading into that game against Indiana yesterday that, oh, we're better without Kawhi, better offense, there's more flow to the offense. Yeah, do you see what happens without your stars? Clippers got up ninety seven points. James Harden I knew he wouldn't have the game he had yesterday. It's too difficult to replicate that. He went five to twenty two, eighteen points, played forty minutes, secondnive.
Speaker 4: Of back to back. I don't fault him.
Speaker 2: The guy has been available. He has been a workhorse for this team, and they were out of talent disadvantage. It is difficult to win a ballgame against a good team, a quality team like the Pistons on the secondnive of back to back in their place, and you don't have Kawhi and Norm Powell. The Clippers still had their chances that eight to zero run to put them down ten heading into the fourth where they would get down by twelve and they still fought. They still made it interesting. They still had it down to five. The Done Steel and Chris Dunn just had another incredible ballgame. This in the game against Milwaukee are two of the better defensive games I've seen, guys. He has been averaging five steals per game over his last five games. I think he had fifteen steals his last four games, and then he had five tonight. I can't believe some of the defensive plays that Chris Dunn made. That dun Steel to a mirror for the and one in transition to bring it back to within five. After a Zoo push shot in the fourth, Clippers were still right there. Harden hit another three after they got it back up to eight to bring it to five, but Duran had to put back dunk.
Speaker 4: Bogie had a turnover. This is an open three.
Speaker 2: Clippers are down ninety five to eighty eight. Done has another steal out of a timeout who was flexing his left knee afterwards. That's concerning. A mirror got to the free throw line out of it. Knock down both. It's a five point game again. Harden misses a three Zoo rebound amrr missus Beasley three on the other end, eight point game, Clippers generate another exposition the next time down offensive rebounds.
Speaker 4: Bogey finally hits a three after starting oh ten zoo block.
Speaker 5: On the other.
Speaker 2: End, Clippers are down five done misses a three. Maybe they were settling too much for threes, but a lot of them were generated after a shot inside the arc, where then they got the offensive Rebut they were battling, they were playing with desperation out there. They missed a lot of threes Bogie did specifically, but that Kde three pointer was pretty much the end of the ball game.
Speaker 6: I just.
Speaker 2: I don't fault the effort at all at all. This team played hard. For anybody that's out there saying coach lou can't motivate this team, or something that I saw yes last night after they lost to Indiana, it's like, did you watch the game?
Speaker 4: You're telling me.
Speaker 2: They weren't playing with heart, they weren't playing hard out there. Mike in La, you're on Clippers stop without a Mason.
Speaker 4: What's up, Mike? Did you see the same thing? Or am I going crazy?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: I think they're playing hard. I think the people we have are playing hard. But that leads to three things that or three thoughts. I couldn't help, but uh, you know, thinking about while listening to the end of this game, the first is, uh, the Kevin Porter Junior trade. I don't get it, you know, I mean the you know, the Terrence Man Bone Tilands trade. I get the Kevin Porter junior crade.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't you don't get.
Speaker 8: You know, mart On Bouchamps isn't you know.
Speaker 2: They didn't trade him. They didn't trade him. It wasn't about what they got in return. They wanted a different look in their back court. They wanted somebody who was more stable with the basketball and wouldn't go into Iso mode with Kawhi and James Harden on the court, and he got tunnel vision and would just take his own shot like that. I don't know what you're watching with Kevin Porter Junior, but there were some real, real, real tough moments from a young player who missed the entire year last year.
Speaker 4: It is not when he was winning basketball at all. To me.
Speaker 2: I every time somebody would say he's getting better, then he'd have a game where like it was just as bad as before. I don't think there's any irrationale or any proof that for sure he was getting better.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's twenty three.
Speaker 2: Maybe he figures it out, or maybe he's just a consistently inconsistent player that you know, plays the losing brand of basketball because he was with a really bad Houston team for a while.
Speaker 4: You know, I wish him.
Speaker 2: The best, But I don't think this is about not having Ken poor junior at all.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 8: But and then the other one of the other things is why was Norm Powell probably should have just sat out a three point contest? Would you agree with that if.
Speaker 4: He was hurt at that time? I don't know. I don't know what the deal is.
Speaker 2: I mean, putting up shots like that, It's not exactly like if you think putting up three pointers stationary off a rack is going to exacerbate the injury. I have my doubts about that. It's not that physical of a contest.
Speaker 1: He wasn't in the maybe.
Speaker 8: Not, I mean maybe not. It's just, you know, given the the you know, I guess structs the position with the whole lebron thing.
Speaker 7: And you know.
Speaker 8: Everything, that's something that just pop into pop into my mind. And you know, the third just the third thing is is you know we're talking, you know, we all still keep talking about, you know, getting coaching for the playoffs and you know, doing what we had, you know, saying okay, well we're doing this so we can do it in the playoffs. I mean, really, the next twenty five games are this team's playoffs.
Speaker 2: Doing what so we can do it in the playoffs, doing what you said?
Speaker 4: Doing this?
Speaker 7: Whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And you know, whatever it is is two guys out with injury, Yeah, no, that is that's not Hey, we're saving them for the playoffs. That's coh. I got hurt against Milwaukee, true, nor foul has been hurt.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's it's tough.
Speaker 5: No, no, it is.
Speaker 8: I agree, I agree, But I think, you know, somehow we gotta start winning some games. I mean, it's you know, it's getting you look at the fandings that's getting close. It's getting very tight.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, Mike. I appreciate the phone calls always. We'll take a quick time out here, we'll come back. We'll get some more of your phone calls. Clippers lose one oh six to ninety seven in Detroit to the Pistons.
Speaker 4: Battled. It's another game where they were down.
Speaker 2: Double digits in February. They've been down double digits every game this month. We'll get to your phone calls next. I'm out of mazas and you're listening to Clippers.
Speaker 4: Sock here on m FI seventy.
Speaker 2: LAS Sports throws it up.
Speaker 9: The window finishes in the fowel Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 7: LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 2: I mean, we can overize this game to death, guys, as the Clippers lose one, O, six and ninety seven in Detroit to the Pistons. But there's another way to look at it.
Speaker 4: The Pistons are good ball club.
Speaker 2: They have won seven in a row now, and they weren't missing two of their top three guys like the Clippers were, and they were hosting the Clippers. If you don't have Kawhi, you don't have Norman Palell, it's gonna be a tough time offensively. But I'm just amazed at all the people that told me yesterday and over the last week, like, I don't know, offensively, the flow looks better without Kauhi.
Speaker 4: How's that going?
Speaker 2: Demetrious in Manhattan Beach, Demetrious what's up You're on Clippers South With that, Adamusen take a big breath.
Speaker 6: I agree, which I like what you just said. I like exactly what you just said about. Let me just before we talk Clippers, let me give a shout out. Now, normally don't do this to Kay Cuddy Ham. I think that he should have some considerations for the MVP. Like you said, Adam, it wasn't a shabby place. They had won seven in a row. Nax's been playing some pretty good ball and they got a pretty good team down there. They shoot well, they run, they can transition, and so we got to give Detroit credit. Now stepping back to the Clippers, I actually feel pretty good today. I think they played excellent defense. They did they played des especially in the fourth quarter. Zubot he was you know, they you know, they didn't get him as much touches as he should. He ended up with what fifteen rebounds, fifteen.
Speaker 4: Fourt He wasn't great either.
Speaker 2: He had thirteen and fifteen, but six of eleven from the field. There was a pass out of a timeout from James Harden to him in the fourth quarter. And this has happened far too much this season, where they can't connect late in the fourth quarter and hardened through this lob mortar fire pass that wasn't close to a visa Zubos that amounted to a turnover.
Speaker 4: That was tough.
Speaker 2: But there were other times, Yeah, viatz zubats got blocked. I mean, what happened at the end of that third quarter is uh. Beef stew Isaiah Stewart had like back to back blocks on possessions on the Clippers that turned the runouts for the Pistons. They played tough, they're they're a good ball club. Everybody thinks like our teams always supposed to win well. The Pistons feel the exact same way.
Speaker 6: Well, and when we had beat them ten in a row, and so.
Speaker 4: That's not the same team.
Speaker 7: Man, that's not the same team.
Speaker 6: It's not the same That is not the same team.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: But you know, James Harden had seven turnovers. Would like to see a little bit more execution. I know he's been playing thirty nine minutes, thirty six minutes KOs to him fifty minutes and.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, you know, he's been a workhorse.
Speaker 2: He has been an innings eater at a star position with a high usage rating. I can't really criticize James. He shouldn't be having to do this much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, see he's playing at thirty nine thirty eight minutes. But again, let me just let our Cliffer Nation know today that everybody take a deep breath here today on the twenty fourth, Okay, were missing fifty points. Kawhian's average twenty five points his last two games, Norman Powell right around twenty four to twenty five. That's fifty points right there. So this team is not really geared. We're defensive team. That's why we brought Jeff then Gandhi Indi here to slow this game down. So when you missing two star players and you're going up against a team like Detroit is Red Hot or any team that can shoot the three, you know, we have to make threes. When we shorthanded, we got to shoot the ball well. We got to play better transit transitional defense. We almost have to be perfect when we're without our guys, because that's the way this team built. Now, with our whole team together, you'll get an opportunity to see really how dangerous this team is. But listen, at the end of the day, Adam me and you both said the same thing. This team needs to be healthy, and that's our number one concern. I'm not concerned. We got the best starting five out there. The usage rates show it. And listen, let's take a deep breath tonight. I feel much better than I did yesterday. And hey, moving forward, you know, we need our guys to play, but we also need them healthy, and that's what I'm concerned about. Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: To be sure, it's great phone calls always bringing some sanity to the conversation here. Like if you told me in these back to back games the Clippers would shoot twenty one for eighty one from three twenty six percent, I would have been like, yeah, they got smoked both games.
Speaker 4: Indiana pooled away in the second half.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, the business pooled away the second half of the fourth quarter, and really the last three minutes. You told me that, and you don't have norm in Kauwhi for both games, Like, yeah, they're not gonna win those games. You can't shoot that poorly from the outside. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll get your phone calls. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. I mean, I'm aleslined. After the Clippers lose one O six to ninety seven to the Pistons. All Right, there weren't that far from finding a way to pull out a game without Kawhi, without Norm against a team that won six in a row.
Speaker 4: They didn't quit. Pistons just had their guys.
Speaker 2: Clippers were missing a couple of heirs, a couple of key guys. More Clippers sock next year in n five seveny Elis sportshin no finishes.
Speaker 9: In the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 7: LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: Take us with you on the Ihearts Radio II.
Speaker 2: Some of y'all are like, Hey, we should be able to beat anyone, no matter who's available. It's like, that's not how the league works. If you don't have your best guys and the other team does. It is a players league, It is a superstar driven league. And the Clippers have no shame in losing like this to the Pistons one six to ninety seven in Detroit on the second night of.
Speaker 4: A back to back. The guys who are out there fought. Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 2: It's still a loss. It's still three losses in a row. I get the frustration to a point.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: If the Pistons had lost this game, they would have been like, what, we just lost to a Clippers team without Kawhi, without Norm Pwell, but.
Speaker 4: They had all the advantages.
Speaker 2: Jeremy in LA, you're on Clipper stock without a maz and what's up?
Speaker 5: What's up at Jason C in the chat for those who don't know. But I just feel like you know that it's one thing for the efforts there, right, Like, no one's no one's gonna unless you're you're just completely blind. No one's gonna No one's gonna fault the effort, right, No one's gonna fault the people on the floor. People have to make shots. It is what it is. Like Bogie's a great shooter. I have full confidence in him going forward. Like people have bad games, guys have bad games. Second night of a back to back, there's.
Speaker 1: Not much you can do.
Speaker 5: What I do want to see for the rest of, you know, the season, if we can, if we can do that, I just want to see us play a little faster, that's all. And by faster, I don't mean playing fast. I don't mean fast breaking all the time. But I feel like we get in the worst situations when we go slow, slow, slow, James Harden dribbles the air out of the ball, uh into a pick and roll that goes nowhere at three seconds left on the shot clock. I feel like you haven't valued those possessions.
Speaker 2: But the other side of that, Jeremy is James Harden averages the most points in isolation this season. He was second last year in points per possession isolation. Like, he is good at this.
Speaker 4: This is why he is a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: I get when it doesn't work, it looks bad, but it works a lot.
Speaker 5: I absolutely agree with you, And it's actually to mitigate how many times he does go isolation for us, because the more you put pressure on the defense early in the shot clock, the easier those isolation chances will be. Right, Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: With a better.
Speaker 5: Matchup later in the shot clock because you went a little faster, because you went a little quicker. And the other part of that is that will also possibly help just get us more shots. And the more shots we get, the better we're going to be because every time we get more shots in the opponent, we're almost completely ridiculously hard to beat.
Speaker 4: And well, you want to get.
Speaker 2: You want to guess how many more shots? Hey, you want to guess how many more shots they had in them?
Speaker 5: Believe it was fourteen tonight. I believe it was fourteen tonight. Yes, I do know. We have to make it.
Speaker 2: They went to the free throw line a lot though. Now, Jeremy, Jeremy, I agree with you, and I'm going to say this, when they have Ben Simmons, they will be pushing the ball up the floor and getting into their offense quicker, even with him playing next to James Harden like that. I think that is something they want to do. So I appreciate the phone call. I think it's a good point. I still got another time out here to take. We'll get to it quickly. Clippers lose one O six to ninety seven to the Pistons in Detroit. I met a mauzled this is Clippers stock here on five seventy.
Speaker 4: Ela Sports.
Speaker 9: Throws it up the window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 7: LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 2: Clippers lose one O six to ninety seven in Detroit to the Pistons shout out Derek Jones Jr. There was a moment a timeout in the third quarter where I saw him and James Harden talking in one another walking back to the huddle, and then.
Speaker 4: We got two oops.
Speaker 2: From James Harden to Derek Jones Junior, a putback, left handed dunk by DJ.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 4: I thought this team fought.
Speaker 2: I thought there was some really good performances out there, like control what you can control.
Speaker 4: They played hard.
Speaker 2: Bogie goes oh twelve from three That's probably never happened in.
Speaker 4: His entire life.
Speaker 2: So if you want to read into this and be like, well, they have all these flaws, it's like, oh, stuff that's outlier shooting nights has happened against them the last two games against good teams, and they haven't had Kawhi Norman Powell to me, there's an easy way to summarize what's going on on and why the Clippers have lost.
Speaker 4: These games doing. They need to get those guys back soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully they get one of them back against Chicago on Wednesday, tip off at five pregame show at four Clippers taking on the Bulls, doubles the Bulls to Bulls of Bulls and bulls of bulls.
Speaker 4: It's disappointing Clipernation.
Speaker 2: I get it, but if you can textualize it and josephs dumb it down to well, loss is a loss and look at the details of what happened here. I don't think it's indicative of who this Clippers team would be if they were fully healthy. And the only way they're going deep in the playoffs is if they get fully healthy. So I'll judge them and how they look healthy over games like this. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seeman, know what Ego, Carlo Jimenez on the call paper, the Jake Warner, miss you, Bro, Daniel West, our producer here in the bank, Thank you Daniel. Until Wednesday with the pregame show starting at four Clippers in Chicago taking on the Bulls.
Speaker 4: I metamasin, I'll talk to you then.
Speaker 3: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every gain.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 3: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 2: Clippers Talk Baby