Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Games Mornings with Me Jeff Greb, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about Grand Theft Auto six on Netflix, what and a lot more. It's gonna be a good one because we have Chuck zimmer Held on the show.
Speaker 2: Chuck, how are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing well. I'm doing really well. You can tell. Yeah, let me drink, let me.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, yeah, there, chuck it down, put more.
Speaker 3: There we go. Okay, I was up late gaming last night. Give me did you know x com UFO Defense is really difficult nineteen ninety four?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I had to like reset lock in and go, oh okay, I need to this is like a tactics game, tactic tactic game.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I got it, very very careful. Yeah exactly. Yeah, it's been a long time since I played. I definitely was like happy to get into the you know, the remakes. I guess I'm not remixed the follow ups, the later successors to those games, and it made me realize, oh, yeah, I should go back and try those. Yeah, that's how's that going. Did you did you walk in? Did you did you solve it.
Speaker 3: Well, you have to get used to the concept. And you've heard this before. Acceptable losses, right, So initially I named all my little squad mates after the owners of Giant Bomb. I'm sad to say none of you have survived. That's about right. So I've taken a break from naming the individuals on the team until I feel like I have a grasp on how to upgrade them and get them there. But yeah, that's part of my old video games list I'm trying to work through and educate myself on. I'm having a really good time with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm jealous.
Speaker 1: I keep looking at that list of like, oh, man, that could play this game in that game. I'm saying, I'm pretty busy playing some new stuff. So maybe maybe sometime soon, maybe sometime soon, come for us all, grob Yep, there is quite a bit to get into. So she actually get the show start. Uh, let's explain ourselves. We're Internet video game dovises, We're Giant Bomb. Go to GiantBomb dot com, slash join, become a premium member. If you do, you are supporting independent games media. It's gonna get you add pre versions of our shows it's gonna get you premium exclusive access to shows like God, let's see here, there's this is the run Sewer Shark. We just recorded more episodes of that. We recorded more episodes of the premium Blake Club with Back of Our Plane Catwoman. We record a new episode of Nine Lives of Mister Mustapha Safa Flees, Mister Mustapha Lees. We've got a lot going on, and we're also always planning to do quite a bit more.
Speaker 2: Uh do do we do? We have?
Speaker 1: We decided a date on that Blake Club, the premium one with Jurff. Yet I know it's going up sooner.
Speaker 3: The calendar there it is guys Tuesdays, so uh look out for that.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be It is gonna be excellent. Actually, it's been a ton of fun.
Speaker 3: I haven't speak either, like I'm I'm waiting with everybody else for it.
Speaker 1: I think the reveal of the costume really is going to be worth the of admission alone, everybody. So go ahead and go to giant bomb dot com slash join right now, get signed up so you don't miss it. Be a part of the big reveal when that does happen. And thank you to everybody who does support us. Yeah, it makes the whole thing work. It makes everything makes sense. And got you know, I t just a quick anecdote. I was telling you you chuck on Nine Lives where it's like we had that small, little, you know, victory on social media where we got like a small little viral hit and I was like kind of like, all right, when am I gonna feel like we did it?
Speaker 2: It never happened.
Speaker 1: The feeling I get from working with this community is just ten thousand times whatever I would get out of like oh my god, this video got a million views or whatever, and I'll never see those people in this community ever again. So this is why we do it like this is that's never gonna change. And going to giant bomb dot com slush join tells us that that you want that too.
Speaker 2: So really, everybody, we really do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: As far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Greb will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get input from a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on Twitch, welcome you can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Games Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with Grand Theft Auto Six's next presentation is a Netflix timed exclusive. Grand Theft Auto six an extended look, will premiere on Netflix on August twenty seventh at three pm Eastern time. We're gonna have to figure out a way to break HDCP, I think, guysse Yeah, we have ris rockstars YouTube channel and Grand Theft Auto six website will receive it six hours later at nine pm Eastern. Rockstar Netflix have not announced its length or exactly what it contains, so that's why we're using the term presentation. Who knows what it's actually going to be. Rockstar has previously released two trailers for the game, although it has not released any gameplay so far.
Speaker 2: Uh, what the what the heck's going on here? Chuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's someone in marketing at Netflix that had a really good idea to get the gamers onto Netflix and maybe pay for a month or watch some ads to to get their hands on this trailer that's going to be on YouTube. You know what a scant three hours later or six hours later? Six hours later? Yes, yeah, did you see the marketing speak from a VP at Netflix.
Speaker 2: I've not seen that yet. No.
Speaker 3: Look at Grand Theft Auto six, the next evolution and the groundbreaking Grand Theft Auto series. Grand Theft Auto reveals have become cultural moments in their own right. The anticipation and fandom around Grand Theft Auto of six is unprecedented, and we're honored that Rockstar Games has partnered with us to debut the next part of the Grand Theft Ota story with Netflix members. First, you could just hear the NBA wink at the camera. It's pretty it's pretty rough. So I mean, if your rockstar, like take the money, dude, I get it, Like, take that money. You're not you're not really hurting anybody delaying it by six hours and this rock.
Speaker 1: Star rock Stars had like a relationship with Netflix, right they put the Grand Theft Auto like games on Netflix for mobile before and so uh they've clearly like had these conversations where like, hey, let's do business together, and I bet Netflix you're right, was just like, let's pitch this idea, and rock Stars like, yeah, why wouldn't we take the money?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Gmih Christmas even chatpoints out like the leading theories that Rockstar doesn't trust the YouTube back in to keep the video private before premieres, whereas Netflix would be more secure. You didn't see something like Stranger Things leak before it aired, for example, And it's I mean, I don't I think it's about the money first and foremost, it's it's probably this is probably not worth like glossing over necessarily we did. There was the situation where guy, I can't remember the exact details, but there was that person who had the access to the YouTube back end that was doing a lot of leaks a few years back, and everyone's like, where's this guy getting all this information from? And he was able to see details about videos I think from Nintendo or something like that, and that while yeah, to get to get sussed out. So it's like, yeah, if you are remembering that, which these companies certainly would, maybe maybe that influences things a little bit, but it's the money that talks like that's not the That theory does not explain why Netflix wanted to pay money for it, which they clearly clearly did. They wanted to pay money for it because they think, as you said, Chuck, and the very first thing you said was like, get the gamers on your platform because they you know, it is hard to speak to different pockets of people like, Hey, there's all these people that are just gonna be on TikTok and Instagram or whatever, and it's kind of hard to like get their attention and get them to spend money when they have this thing that's just giving them domine dopamine for free.
Speaker 2: But one avenue in there is like there is this people, this group.
Speaker 1: Of people that are in their twenties to forties that are that we have not got yet. Everyone older than that probably already has Netflix or whatever, and they're playing games all the time, and we think if when they're spending money on games and we give them something, they might kind of get locked into our platform. I don't know how realistic that is or what that really does here, but it's it's definitely curious, like does this have to be like anything more than a trailer to justify all this or is it just going to be like another trailer?
Speaker 2: But it just is on Netflix.
Speaker 3: First, what do you mean justify this?
Speaker 1: Like, like, the Netflix is paying them a bunch of a bunch of money to like to come debut this. Is it just going to be a trailer or can they sort of be like is that enough for this whole deal to like make sense for Netflix? Or does it need to be like the Xbox three sixty debut with Elijah Wood and whatever? Is it going to be a bigger sort of presentation to sort of be like, oh, yeah, the Netflix makes it feel special, something you wouldn't get if it was just a trailer on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I see. When I read this, I was like, Okay, I'm expecting at least thirty minutes of something extended. Look, I'm thinking of Nintendo Nintendo directs or whatever. Where do that longer? Look? And you like, Elijah would this would be really fun? What if you're right though? What if it is Elijah?
Speaker 2: Would?
Speaker 3: That'd be nuts? That'd be great? Would? And yeah, I think paying for something if it's literally just like a two minute trailer, this doesn't happen, right, but you would just like pre roll that before something else coming out or something. But no, I think at least thirty minutes would be my expectation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have in the past done videos where like a lady's voice comes up and explain some of the features and some of the aspects of the world and how things work. I think we're assuming that's what this is, right, that's what that has to be.
Speaker 2: What this is.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if it's thirty minutes, but I think you're right, it's much more substantial. They have not again, they've not said really what this presentation will entail. I mean again, like, this is the entirety of the language that I'm seeing on Rockstar gamess website, Grand Theft Auto six and extended lookable premiere on Netflix on the date we already said, and we'll also launch on the official Rockstar Games YouTube channel and Grand Theft Auto six site at nine pm later that day Grand Theft out and then they just have the date and pre order information. So we really have zero details about what this is going to be. But I think we should assume it has to be more than just the third trailer. It has to be more than that, right, all right? So, uh is this then this probably kicks off the rest of the campaign. It's just like it's a grand theft Auto six blaring in our years for the rest of the year. Right after this, it's going to kind of take a lot of the oxygen out of the room.
Speaker 3: It's funny. It's like, how much marketing do they need to do? Of course, like they will, they'll pick up and I think, get going. How far out are we? Like two months?
Speaker 1: It's November, so uh yeah, yeah, it's like almost like three months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y, it's three months. It's a little over three months. Man, that's great.
Speaker 3: I wonder like how much of their machinery do they need to really like get chugging our are copy is going to go out to reviewers? Do they need to do that? Are isn't there time to them better spent with like you know, streamers and stuff. I'm really curious how that all shakes out, especially when we get closer to November.
Speaker 1: Yeap, all right, let's keep going here. Switch to remains Nintendo's fastest selling system. Nintendo shipped another three point eight two million Switch two systems during April through June, bringing the console to twenty three point six eight million units after thirteen months. That is ahead of both Wei's twenty point one to three million and the original Switches seventeen point seventy nine million after the same number of fiscal quarters Nintendo's maintained. Nintendo maintained its forecast of sixteen point five million switched to systems for the full fiscal year. Nintendo's quarterly revenue fell nine point five percent year over year to five hundred and seventeen point eight billion yen, but operating profits jumped one hundred and fifty point five percent to one hundred and forty two point six billion yen, and the Nintendo credited a more profitable software heavy sales mix and refunds of previously recorded tariff costs. They're one of these many companies that are getting those. They also should be getting pretty huge benefits from the current conversion rate for en. Although that's current is maybe when this was happening, it was current, but they didn't They didn't necessarily make a big deal.
Speaker 2: About that, as some of these other companies did.
Speaker 1: Digital revenue rose ninety while Mario movie related IP revenue more than doubled. Nintendo also sold thirty three point eight one million Original Switch games versus nine point four to six million Switch two games during the quarter. Nintendo explicitly says switch to backward compatibility is helping older Switch releases continue selling. I think that's like backward compatibility, right, A lot of things have that at this point.
Speaker 2: It makes a lot of sense. It's a man for Nintendo.
Speaker 1: I think we have like assumed like, oh, it's gonna look very similarly where it's like, yeah, the new games will sort of.
Speaker 2: Take over pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: But the Switch one was that first generation where Nintendo really was able to keep their prices high the entire time for the games, and I guess I didn't really think about what that would mean for Oh, yeah, those Switch one games are going to keep selling on the switch too, and at those relatively high prices, and they're just going to look like, you know, the same game on the shelf basically or for the same system. Man, them carrying forward that momentum is is really probably the answer to Okay, so they you know, the revenue is down, but the operating profits way up. It's like, oh, yeah, it's because the whole strategy is coming together around making a lot more money from this software.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the momentum just seems to be in their corner for every aspect of the way that they are rolling out the switch to and their games.
Speaker 3: What do you think I was gonna ask you? So with the announcement of like the price hikes, has that taken effect? When will that take effect? Do we see like some of that folded in here? And then do these numbers slow down a little bit? Although we're petted into like the Christmas season, right, and then a bunch more we'll get sold, So it's it's probably all a wash, but it's like that stuff does factor in here somewhere. That's what I think of immediately when I see this.
Speaker 2: Yes, so good, very good point.
Speaker 1: So the switch to price increase switch brings it from four hundred and fifty dollars to five hundred dollars without the game included. Uh, and then there's you know, there's always gonna be bundles and stuff that they're doing, but without the game included.
Speaker 2: Up goes into.
Speaker 1: Effect on September first, So this still does not include that. But what it does include, Chuck, as we know, is people rushing out to get these I mean, god, I've seen a couple of YouTube videos recently of people talking about, hey, everything's really expensive and getting more expensive in there, and it's like Samsung is warning people like a Ram's gonna keep going up in price after making that warning and making good on it several times already.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So hey, if you are a person who wants to play video games or you're trying to plan out how to spend your money on this hobby over the next several years, here's like the go no go for each system, and like when you should move on making purchases, and kind of across the board, everyone's like, if you have any inkling of getting a switch to at any point, get it now, Just get it right now, because we know there's a price increase coming on September first, and that is uh. And then we can assume that there is a price increase happening again for everything next year because Ram prices are going to double again according to everyone who seems to be talking about this. So that motivation is definitely factored into these numbers. The fact that the switch to, which you know it, is down from its launch quarter, right, Yeah, that that's to be expected. They had so many switch tos to service that that really hungry fan base right there in that first month. But it's still keeping its momentum to the point where it's well ahead of the Wii and the original Switch, like by millions of units.
Speaker 2: And that's happening incredible.
Speaker 1: And that's your point, that that is about people thinking about the price increase in a way that really it's just we haven't seen before. So what do you think happens when the price increase does go through?
Speaker 3: I they're gonna have experience. I think this a similar tale at the Switch one did. And we want like that we want the wed obviously exactly.
Speaker 2: What we want. We want we got a we two do we? You?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Man? I think a lot about how Nintendo. Nintendo failures are just speed bumps for them, and they can just have multiple failures and just like keep cruising and it's kind of incredible, like how much of a like gaming monolith they are, which is not related to what you just asked me, but no, I mean it's.
Speaker 1: True though, Yeah, I mean I think that's that that like does answer like sort of their overall sort of like what is Nintendo and like where where does this like where do their strategies strategies come from? And it is like you know, we talk about they are competing in a video game business with a lot of other video game businesses, sure, but they the way that they present themselves is, no, we're in the Nintendo business. We are we are delivering stuff just for our customers, which we think we can make more of all the time, and they usually are right about that. But that you know, I think that's been true for sure from like the beginning in a lot of ways, but definitely since the We definitely since the end of the GameCube when they're like, hey, that sugar Sugar. A Miamoto was just and interviews and one of the things he brought up was the GameCube just sold to gamers, and we looked at that like, we have to do something else, and that's what led them to come up with the idea of the Wii and the DS and all this stuff. And it's like, yeah, since then, that has been their modus operandi, and it's been very distinguished or distinct from the decisions we've seen from Microsoft and Sony and a lot of other companies in this space. And it's paying off still. And so like when you talk about things being speed bumps for them, it's because they just are speaking to their own audience that was like, yeah, I mean we see the sales in Japan of their physical games at retail from those charts we get every week, and they're selling five hundred thousand physical copies of games in their launch week and no one else in Japan is doing that. It's because Nintendo is just speaking to the Nintendo audience, and that really does make a difference.
Speaker 3: Yes for you real quick is so I assume they're still manufacturing switch ones. Maybe they're not. Maybe they just have a pile that sitting on they are.
Speaker 1: They're not manufacturing them for Europe anymore because of that whole change with the uh you have to have replaceable batteries. Sure they made a point of like, but that doesn't mean we're not doing it everywhere else.
Speaker 2: They are still doing it in most places.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering when that ends, and because at some point it really behooves them to just it seems like they've been slow to do that with this generation and get they're getting away with it where they're kind of like riding both sides PS four, PS five, and Xbox one in the series generations like did that too, and I don't think it worked out for them very well at all. So I'm curious, like when they're going to pull the plug on the Switch one and like fully start moving like all their exclusives to switch to and stop playing around with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that, you know, at the very least, like when it comes to them selling games, it hasn't it hasn't seemed to hurt them. But yeah, I do think that there is a moment where it's like, hey, make it clear to people who are still on Switch one that you're really going to be missing out.
Speaker 2: But I think that's going to happen. Like we're so we're talking about.
Speaker 1: The price increase going through on September first, and they're meantum being very good, Like what happens after that? And I think, like the speed bump factor here is the fact that they are gonna have ockerina of time right there to catch all those people who are like, oh damn, I meant to get a switch to when it was this price. Now it's fifty dollars more expensive. I guess maybe I'll wait, Oh shit, there's Zelda.
Speaker 2: Ocerna of Time. That game.
Speaker 1: I played that when I was a kid, or I watched my watch my family play that or whatever. I can't miss out on this. This thing looks amazing, and you know, a lot of that depends depends on how well they deliver that. But if they do, that is going to be the kind of thing that can move a lot of people to be like, Okay, whatever the price is, I need to buy this thing. And then that sort of sets them up for people resetting what the price is in their minds, and most people just kind of forget and they begin moving on because now it's the Zelda machine and they can't miss that.
Speaker 2: So I think that they will. They've kind of timed.
Speaker 1: This out in a really clever way right where let people know very early on the price is going to go up, reap the rewards of now motivating people to go out and get the system, which we've seen happen with all of these companies as they announced price increases that the you know, the weeks, the months before the price increase goes into effect, they sell a lot more units.
Speaker 3: And take an Xbox gets to happen, even if it's got.
Speaker 1: A significant bump from that, Yes, exactly, So now it's like, Okay, that happens. Now you're gonna get more money from each sales. So there's months of this of this motivation and then what what do you do to sort of deal with the fact that now people feel a little bit bad that it costs more, Well, do you have an answer? And they do. It's it's Zelda and A. Probably they're gonna have lots of Zelda stuff, it seems like, because it's the fortieth anniversary. And then they'll again showing us other Nintendo directs that set up the future of the system and that.
Speaker 3: The movie, Yeah, Winger is out there looming on the horizon. That's not a coincidence that they're doing an Ocarina and they're doing a movie. It's like they've they've been pretty overt now that their movie strategy is like really paying off for them. It's like mentioned in this release on their earnings talking about like Mario like movie related stuff like doubled in revenue or whatever. So yeah, uh.
Speaker 1: The frustrating aspect of this for consumers has got to be that tariff thing though, where the way that worked out, the only true losers were us, the consumer people buying.
Speaker 3: Back went into this administration's pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah and right, but then when they refunded it, it was like the corporation. Yes, all the companies were able to like build price increases on the back of the tariff, so none of like they got some heat for sure, as any company does. No matter why, people like I don't care what the reason is, this sucks on pay more. But but a lot of people understood and were like, ah, yeah, man, Trump's an idiot.
Speaker 2: This really sucks that he's causing you.
Speaker 1: You'd have to raise prices and now I have to pay more and you're not getting that money. It's going to Trump. That sucks for you, it sucks for me. Well, they got that money back. We didn't, and the price increases aren't gonna get reversed.
Speaker 2: So basically all of these companies.
Speaker 1: Got free p are done for them to get free price increases that we're all going to have to continue living with, which is just you know, if you're wondering why inflation won't get under control, welcome to America.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: And what's crazy is they're getting these like terror free funds and it shows up in their quarterly reports and they're like wow, yeah, it's like no, this isn't It's really frustrating. It's that like investor quarterly mindset is just like fucking poison man.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, just sticking with us real quick.
Speaker 1: Tomodacci Life, which is a switch one game, is officially a mega hit.
Speaker 2: Like this is a game that.
Speaker 1: Has now reached that threshold that I kind of have in mind of around anything north of like six and a half seven million copies sold.
Speaker 2: This is right in that region.
Speaker 1: Tomadaci Life Living the Dream has reached seven point nine to four million copies shipped by June thirtieth, and then they added that it did surpass eight million sold to consumers through to consumers by August fifth, so that's less than four months after release. It has already surpassed the three DS games approximately six point seven three million lifetime sales. And yeah, this is the kind of thing where like, oh, yeah, how do you sort of diagnose looking at this and be like, okay, man, can Nintendo just turn any game into a hit or are they just speaking to that audience? And I think that goes back to they're delivering something that does a number of things. It creates fun social content you could share with your friends, which is basically gold to a lot of people in many generations at this point. And then it is a self contained product, so people can feel good about like owning something without having to get on some weird treadmill. And then suddenly you're not really part of community. You're part of like a bunch of people who are trying to mind max a game so you can get the most value out of every little dollar you're putting into it. Every week, it's it's delivering and Nintendo is again reaping a lot of the rewards. What do you make of Tombadacci Life success.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of it has to do with obviously the install base of the Nintendo Switch and Switch to is really really good. But additionally, I think the way that the sequels like had clips that were shared around a lot on social media. It did really well on like Instagram and TikTok and you. We had a clip that did really well from Tomadacci Life that was like extremely common in like the week or two before and after that game released. I think that just like raised Tomadacci Life into more of like the consciousness where it made it like a product. People are like, what is that? Do I I have a switch? I want that I want to I want to see like who I can make and like do weird things with so I think they really capitalize on that. I do think like looking at these numbers, it does. It does just feel more like a lot of people have switch and switch to And of course those numbers would be better because we don't have a handheld and a console anymore. We have the one thing, and so this makes sense to me on that front.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they just kind of nailed everything they needed to do with that to make it, to make it like a grow and attract more users.
Speaker 2: And it's not done.
Speaker 1: That's four months in, Like it's going to keep like it hasn't had a holiday yet. It's going to do very well this holiday, I think. And uh, I you know, I do wonder do they have major updates for this game? Are there expansions? You know, it's Nintendo. I don't necessarily know if they are going to do that, but this is a game that would certainly like if they had a like one big expansion that added a lot of stuff that that some of the TOMADATCI diehards have been asking for and then adds some stuff that people aren't expecting. This game could get a second like Lease on Life very easily. And I would. I'm kind of hoping they do that, but I'm not expecting it necessarily.
Speaker 3: You'd know way better than me because your kids play this, right.
Speaker 2: With the I mean the kids play it, yeah quite a bit. Still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hopeful, but it's like, you know, Animal Crossing got some support, but it didn't get like it wasn't not they didn't. They did not turn that massive hit into a live service thing. There wasn't ongoing updates, and a lot of people are like, why wouldn't they do that? Well, the game sold forty million copies. They didn't need to do that to keep making money from it.
Speaker 2: Uh, this I don't.
Speaker 1: This game is not gonna do Animal Crossing COVID numbers, right, but it is definitely one that could keep growing throughout the general throughout this entire generation, and I think they could boost that if they just give it a couple updates.
Speaker 2: Again, this is maybe hopium for me, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, We're gonna go on break, but before we do, one last news story. There's a new addition to the space acespeederun dot com leaderboard number five.
Speaker 3: Damn sure, I don't know, trustworthy, it's not newsworthy. Grob I know it's true, it's worthy. Wait, I have a man who's the moderator of that speed run board. Wait, I don't know, I'm looking. Look at the page. It says Dan Reichert's the moderator and he approved his own speed run for Space Ace on the Super Nintendo.
Speaker 2: Suspicious.
Speaker 3: We need to we need to ring the alarm bells. Get the journalists on this whistleblower. Yeah, let's be a corruption on speed run dot com.
Speaker 2: Man, this thinks to high heaven.
Speaker 1: I tell you all right, Well, clearly corruption has overtaken gaming once again. We'll get everybody on that. We're gonna go on break when we come back. Plenty of more headlines to get into. If you want to skip out on these ad messages, you can do so. Jihanbom dot com has the add reversions of the audio and video show.
Speaker 2: There. We will be right back.
Speaker 1: It's Game mess Mornings. That's chuck on grub. Let's get back into it. Sony is reportedly putting warning labels on PS five's about decision to ditch discs. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC. Sony is reportedly starting placing warning labels on PlayStation five consoles alerting purchasers of its decision to soon discontinue physical disc games. That's according to an image posted on Twitter by content creator Behind the Games, which shows a sticker placed on a PlayStation five box flagging the decision to end disc production in January twenty twenty eight. It reads important notice from January twenty twenty eight, newly released games on PlayStation will be available for purchase on PlayStation Store and PlayStation Store and at retailers in digital format only. That's the alleged message, and then discs four games released before January twenty twenty eight can continue to be played.
Speaker 2: On this console.
Speaker 1: The label has not yet been authenticated by other users, and if real, it's not clear whether it's been placed on all variants of PlayStation five. Yeah, they should put that on there though, right, So, on buying a disc based console in the eighteen months in the lead up to this, they probably shouldn't know what they're not going to get themselves into in the future, and that's buying future discs after January twenty twenty eight. Of course you could still I guess buy discs, but there won't be any new games printed on disc after that time from so me or for any PlayStation game. Obviously this is not going to change much, but yeah, they kind of like they're getting serious about it to.
Speaker 3: Push on that a little bit. Though, this is not looking at this image if it's real, this is not for communicating to consumers because cover your ass. Yeah, it's like it's a cover your ass like legal easee stamp that's like fine print. No one's going to read this. No one buying this console for their kid or their spouse is going to read this. It's literally like and I wonder why, that's why we're not seeing it. That's why we're not seeing it in all territories or something. It's like maybe it's cover your ass legally in certain countries where they would maybe be open to litigation or something because of this choice. I don't know, but yeah, it's definitely not not for helping the consumer unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the definitely the guys, and that's what leads to those rules and the regulation to get these things printed on boxes. But yeah, the actual you're right, in practice, it won't stop anyone from buying it will no one will be alerted to this fact they won't read it.
Speaker 2: You're right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It does speak to this idea though, that if this is real and they already have these labels out there, it does speak to this idea that a man Sony has this strategy in place and they are just going forward with it on every front that they need to, including having the lawyers cross the t's and dot the i's in all regions to make sure that they are in compliance with with whatever regulation led to this. And this is not just some like, hey, we made a decision and we'll kind of get to when we get to it. It is the thing that they are focused on, and I kind of think this is under the umbrella of the overall strategy of hey, we have an installed base that is large, we want to make more money from them, and everything every decision sort of filters down from there, and this is like the second layer of that pyramid of we can make more money from digital than physical, and if we just shift the last few consumers from physical to digital, and we kind of get rid of the current split between us and the retailers, we are going to see a significant improvement to our profit margin. Maybe not double digit, but at least high single digit improvement, which would be a huge win for a company like Sony at this point needing to grow PlayStation in every way that they can. So it's when you when I look at it that way, Chuck, when it's like, oh, this is the like just the marching orders as part of the overall like, this is the strategy for growing PlayStation for the next couple of years because live service games didn't work, and we don't know how to keep making games as big as Naughty Dog makes them and making another studio to do that. It's just obviously obviously not in the cards. So where can we get the growth from here? And we need that growth, so we're not backing off from this makes it feel very set and stone to me, Chuck, what what do you agree?
Speaker 3: And also, like, if you know anything about how large corporations make decisions, just the long long like just pitch deck, slide, meeting with this person, meeting with this person levels all the way up to like you know, company leadership. And then if we're getting to the point where stuff's been printed on labels, that means those those have been like carried down to people at the implementation level in the hardware divisions and it's like it's over, like it's it is what it is. And I know we've you guys have beat this to death of course on this show and everywhere on the internet people are winging on about this, of course, but yeah, it's it's a done deal. And like, unfortunately, unless you can change the math, which says, actually you're getting redo physical will make you more money. Like if you can change that math, then they might change your mind. But the math is the math.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like, you know, there's definitely a little bit of a bet they're making there, but I think they believe, long run, without a doubt, it'll make them more money. And then there might just be a small hiccup of small yeah speed bump or something, and they believe they can absorb that, you know. I do think it's noteworthy that you don't hear Nintendo talking about this, and you do see their physical sales doing very well, especially for their own games, but occasionally for some third party games on their system as well, But they aren't they aren't manufacturing optical drives, right that is, and and Sony at this point being sort of handcuffed to that. And like we could shift you to something else, some other medium. Uh, but that doesn't help people who already have discs, And that's half the point of this conversation, this argument, So why don't we just go ahead and pull, like just rip the whole bandate off and go in this other direction. And we've already involved the package designers, the people designing the boxes far a thing, so everyone else is involved to your point, Chuck, And it's like, yeah, when that ship begins moving in that direction, it seems very unlikely it will shift into a different direction.
Speaker 3: It's kind of It's still baffling to me though, as a decision, Like for those decision makers in the company, it's like you already tested the waters with the Digital PS five and had the opportunity to sell a disk drive as an add on, you know, like, yeah, you could support the within dis drive. You could like it's fine, and then you can like if outside companies like Limited Run want to press discs and make those for your console, great, like they could support that too. You can just offload all the costs of doing the actual work for this to other parties. But I think part of that too is like when you're running an ecosystem like this, you have a team dedicated toward making sure that game delivery via disc works like there there is a not small group of people that are just responsible for that at a large company like this, So I know it's way more complicated and we don't know the inner workings of the company. And yeah, but yeah, all is to say it's a done deal yep.
Speaker 1: And uh, you know, as I'm sure million people will point out in the comments and have been saying in chat, uh oh, yeah, the the plant that is that made their disk drives or printed the discs, so I think it was printed the discs is being you know shifted over to make lenses for AI data centers or whatever, and so like it's and that makes a lot more money.
Speaker 2: So they're just not going to reverse this decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right about that for sure, Like there would have to be some other path forward, and their appetite to do that, especially since that would not fall under the current thinking at how to make more money over there at Sony. Yeah, it's probably not going to get reversed, and people are just gonna have to make a decision about what that means for them going forward with these massive collections that they're very proud of and not being able to expand that, or not being able to expand that and actually have a disk inside that box, you stick with PlayStation six?
Speaker 2: What are your other options? Xbox?
Speaker 1: Like, even if Xbox does make some commitment to physical games.
Speaker 3: Did they rushed out like some kind of like rumor or statement about Project Helics supporting discs as like a part of the strategy. I think they did that as a fast follow out time.
Speaker 2: There's definitely some rumors out there about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, right now, there's like it will support discs, which you know they're disc to digital strategy to me suggests that they're thinking about ways to at least give people an option, which they've always talked about. But that was I don't know. I don't think that is substantial long term. I don't think that is something that they are going because they don't make the optical disk drives they yes, and that they're gonna have to pay for those things and put them in already very expensive consoles and adding that tacking on that. God, I don't know what they are wholesale, but like you know, fifteen to twenty dollars maybe maybe more at a certain point that is going to be something that they want to take out and keep out and just sell separately and that and so, yeah, I don't think there's any version of the Xbox Helix that launches with a disk drive built in. I think they will sell that thing separately and that's it. And at that point, yeah, that that's kind of the ballgame for discs of disk based video games.
Speaker 2: At least all right.
Speaker 1: Capcom says the move to an all digital future won't have a significant impact on its sales. This is from Chriscoian at VGC. Capcom has said the ongoing games industry industry shift to an all digital future won't have much of an impact on its sales. Sony announced a month ago that physical disc games will be discontinued for PlayStation, with Xbox reportedly planning and preparing a digital system which lets players turn their digital Xbox One and Series X games into digital purchases. Speculation is mounting that an upcoming Project Helix console may also follow suit. While players and retailers have been expressing their concern about what this means for the future of the medium, some publishers are less concerned, at least when it comes to the impact it could have on their bottom line. In a Q and A session following its latest financial results, Capcom was asked what impact do you anticipate from the shrinking physical game market in the medium to long term. The company responded that it predicted very little impact because the vast majority of its game sales are already digital anyway. Approximately ninety percent of our dig our unit sales are digital. The company's official reply reads, we do not anticipate a significant impact at this time. Capcom stance is perhaps understandable from a business point of view, given that it recently reported another strong financial quarter, with sales and profits up year on year. Worth pointing out, when they're talking about ninety percent of their sales, they are talking about unit sales. So everything that is sold is is and that includes like when a game goes on sale for five dollars on Steam and so all their catalog sales, and it's kind of like you're probably not going to see that older game on a store shelf anymore, but you will see it for five dollars on Steam and so and and then you know, thousands of people go to pick that up.
Speaker 2: That stuff adds.
Speaker 1: Up, and then they're Also, they weren't directly asked about like like this.
Speaker 2: Is going away.
Speaker 1: They're like, hey, will this affect your business, this growing digital future? Well no, they've already mostly shifted to digital. So cafcom is just like telling their investors, no, stop, don't worry, We're good no matter what happens. What else are they going to say, yeah, like panic or we're gonna yeah, the next big game that would have launched on a disc is going to make less money if it's not if there's not a disc option, which.
Speaker 2: Probably could be true, Like that really could be true.
Speaker 1: But they're not going to go there and tell their investors to worry because they're like, no, we have prepared ourselves for a digital future, so you don't need to worry. Well, that is what a company's supposed to say in this situation, right right.
Speaker 3: I can't help but think behind the statement is them going like, actually we benefit right because I'm thinking about your short about the nipple DLC. Think about yeah, trying to mitigate trading of orse like sales of used copies, and it's still trying to make money off of used copies by offering DLC like with stuff locked behind it. I think Capcom probably sees like, actually, this will probably just end up making more money off of this. I don't know what those numbers are, like, I don't know if they're significant. I wish we had like a good idea of used game sales used Capcom. That's so specific and so niche. It's like really hard to get that. But I imagine from their seat, they probably view this as a as a net positive for them.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I mean I do think it was Matt Piscatella saying that he hasn't had any as clients ask about the used game market in like ten years or something like that.
Speaker 2: They just don't care anymore. Ye.
Speaker 1: Like it feels to be like they had already solved that for the most part in terms of well or they baked it into their understanding of how things work.
Speaker 2: And yeah, a big part of that is, like you know, they.
Speaker 1: Do they do have a lot of digital sales, and they kind of like Steam doesn't have any any of the used game.
Speaker 2: Market or whatever.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they definitely will make more money for sure, ye as long as you know, but that would be long term. I think there are some games where it's like, hey, if it didn't have a physical copy with a disc at launch, and it was only available through the PlayStation store, and at least for people who are going to buy it on PlayStation, I think there will be people who'll be like, oh, yeah, I buy my GIMS in the store.
Speaker 2: That the stinks. But that will go away pretty fast, I think, so yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Can you remind me so Pregmata that was on all platforms, right yeah, it was Resident Evil I think also all platforms, So I mean for them, it's just like I don't think they care where people buy their games, right If as long as they buy them to buy on a PC, cool sounds good to them, right, Yeah? Yes, I think this matters a lot more if you're an exclusive Sony studio. That's where like these numbers look very different. But for Capcom it's like money's money yep.
Speaker 1: And I'll say, I bet that Pragmata and Residue Will Requiem weren't like ninety percent digital ten percent physical games like that are going to be much closer to maybe even fifty to fifty, but like sixty forty digital physical? Really yeah, what makes you what makes you say that that's that? Those those are the numbers for the big games like that like that, Yes, that you know, that's at launch. Over time, once the games are are are a little bit older and they're not getting restocked at retail, and then the digital sales begin to happen, like the dig digital discounts begin to happen.
Speaker 2: The number will shift over time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like for a big game like that, especially like something from Capcom that has a fan base, it's going to be yeah, like sixty forty, seventy thirty kind of in that range. It's not it is not insubstantial for physical games, you know.
Speaker 2: They what they.
Speaker 1: Expect to happen here is the people who were going to retail to buy these games still will now just get the code in the box and then they get a much better cut from that going forward.
Speaker 2: That's the plan.
Speaker 3: Collector's editions maybe become more important with like goodies in the box, right, even if you're.
Speaker 2: Code, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: I just I think is how do they shift the collector mentality because the collector really does want the disc that's the thing to collect first and foremost.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they'll they'll come up with something.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Sony is making pr Let me say this, right, Sony is making pisser two point oh the default on PS five FRO.
Speaker 2: A new PS.
Speaker 1: Five Beta firmer automatically enables the setting that substitutes the upgraded pisser model, commonly called pisser two point oh.
Speaker 2: But I think I do.
Speaker 1: I do think that Sony calls it upgraded PSSR. This automatically enables it for the original version in every supported game, or it replaces it.
Speaker 2: I should say the override.
Speaker 1: Has existed since March, but users previously had defined and activate it manually. Players can still opt out. More than one hundred games supported the original pisser implementation. The beta also includes an option to disabled bluetooth, designed primarily for esports venues where numerous nearby consoles and controllers can cause pairing problems. Yeah, basically, like previously, developers could patch it into their game, but then there was also this manual option that I think would apply to any game that had like PS five pro pisser support of any kind. And for people wondering what this is, it's just image upscaling, image reconstruction, whatever you want to call it. Nintendo, Sony and AMD work together on this in a big way to like really improve it because AMD is what powers the system, and then Sony had a lot of their own stuff that they had built, and they kind of combined the two into this here, and it really does look pretty good. So turning this on was a no brainer. But if you didn't know about it, or weren't willing to like go in your settings and find it, or just like kind of heard about it, like I'll get to it and then forgot you were missing out, and now the games should.
Speaker 2: Look significantly more improved.
Speaker 1: I think image upscaling is going to be It's kind of like it's definitely something we talked about a lot for years there when Nvidia DLSS was really was new and thriving. Not that it's not like doing very well, it's still a very cool technology, but now that hardware is so expensive, I do think like image upscaling is going to be a conversation that keeps growing again, and these companies will have to find ways to like reintroduce that and make it better and better. One thing I've heard people doing recently, Chuck, is like these apps that they'll pair with their older hardware called like lossless scaling or like hey, well just I will run my game at a lower resolution and you and use this basically third party version of the concept of DLSS on my own and get something where it's likey, hey, this looks just as good. And apparently it's a very popular thing to do right now. I think it's going to grow in popularity again.
Speaker 3: If you ever have one of those, uh, do you ever have one of those dongles where it uh takes analog, goes to digital but then also does like upscaling and stuff on it. You have you seen those?
Speaker 1: I haven't had one that takes analog to digital. I did have one, like it got m cable or like.
Speaker 3: It's that's what I'm thinking of something. Yeah, yeah, I had.
Speaker 2: They did it for Switch one.
Speaker 1: They had one where you could like plug the switch into it and uh, maybe maybe you could plug anything into it, but it was definitely they marketed for the Switch one and it basically made it look like a fourteen forty ish PE signal and it looked.
Speaker 2: It worked really well.
Speaker 3: I thought, that's weird. Just like, uh, I was thinking about the super FX chip on the Supernintendo and it's like these bespoke chips made to like do additional math and it's like Oh are we just there again? We're just we're just like adding components in the chain so we can like upscale And I kind of love it, if I'm being honest. I really like hacky like kind of solutions to that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like, I'm like it would that concept of the SUPERFX chip be possible, well, even on a Nintendo card? And I don't think it would be because that is I I'm because you know, I don't think it would because the thing that that's an SD card reader basically that that's what that cartridge slot is. It's just reading data. It is not sort of integrating into the circuitry in the same way that a cartridge did on a Super Nintendo. So yeah, I don't think any of these systems could add on add on chips in any real way.
Speaker 3: Bring back cartridges, Yeah, are getting rid of disks. We're going back to cartridges. People. It's gonna be a good future.
Speaker 1: And that is why I always like I am a stickler about no the Nintendo switched things. Those are cards, not cartridges because they don't deserve to be called cartridges. They have load times, they they can't inject this other hardware. They don't deserve it. They haven't earned that. But I'm I'm also an old man, so maybe that's a.
Speaker 2: Big part of it too.
Speaker 1: Ye, fis is great, right, Yeah, Yeah, that's that's fun. I wonder how Sony feels about it, and I don't care.
Speaker 2: Actually, uh.
Speaker 1: The long awaited switch to version of Diablo fors were portly coming in Simber. We talked about this a little bit yesterday, but let's get the details from Chris Scullion at VGC. The long reported switch to version of Diablo four is set to release in next month, it's been claimed. Deal Labs writer Bill bil Kuhn, who has an extremely lengthy and accurate record of linking hardware and software news before it's officially announced, said the game is indeed nearing completion on switch to. According to The Insider, the switch to port of Diablo four will be released on either September fifteenth or September eighteenth. We canno yet guarantee which of these two dates is correct. The release will definitely be on one of these two dates.
Speaker 2: They said.
Speaker 1: The game will be available at a price of seventy dollars and will reportedly also have a physical release, but it will be a code in a box rather than a cartridge or a game key card or even just a regular card. It's also not yet confirmed whether the switch to version will include the Lord of Hatred DLC, or whether it will be a separate purchase. Yeah, I hope it does at that price at this point, I hope they just include everything on there. That's usually one of the benefits you can get from waiting for the switch as they just include all the DLC or something like that. But yeah, Diablo three was a big hit on Switch one, so it's not a surprise that they saw this through and got to this spoint, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you too can buy a three year old game on a handheld for seventy dollars.
Speaker 2: Seventy dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing I say. I'm like, okay, fuck you.
Speaker 1: Actually, it really just makes it just makes sense for people who are like I want, we have a Nintendo We're not going to go play this on a PC and we want to play it on a couch with the family, And it's okay, you had other ways of doing that before, but okay, I guess yeah, I bet this game still.
Speaker 2: Does very well though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Final Fantasy fourteen team says it's working on Switch two ports unacceptable load times. This is from willow Row at Polygon. Square Inex finally released Final Fantasy fourteen on Switch DO this week, and the game's one month early access period on the new platform has gone fairly smoothly, but not without any problems. One of the biggest issues players are encountering is slow load times. The day after launch, Square It says it is a fix is in the works. I think basically they're like they described what was happening here. They said data is reloading and the cash clearing process. I don't fully understand, but they did say that they identified the problem, identified optimizations they can make, and are planning to test those before rolling them out.
Speaker 2: So that's where they're at with this.
Speaker 1: Apparently, by all other accounts, Chuck, people think this is a pretty good port and it has gone pretty smoothly, So hopefully they can solve this, because that would be annoying to deal with long load times on this game that's been around for years and years and years.
Speaker 3: This feels insane. I didn't first of all, didn't know there was a Final Fantasy fourteen on the Switch, and now I'm thinking about it, I'm like, I'm like, isn't this an MMO? And now I'm not like, maybe I don't know what Final Fantasy fourteen is. Do I guess people play this with their controller? That confuses me as like an old.
Speaker 2: Day for controller.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the MMO that was made for controllers. That's why this is kind of like exciting for people to say. If this is not like something that they need to solve, it's long solved. It is not like World of Warcraft where people play with controllers after they mod the hell out of it. This has been baked in by the developers from the beginning, and so yeah, it's working just fine, and it's been made for that, and people are going into the free trial that has two hundred hours of content that you could play without paying anything.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, I don't know. I don't fully understand what it is either, I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 3: We find out when Jan does a Final Jantasy. Well yeah, maybe we'll see that. I think it's so funny. I was like, it's like twenty second loading screens. Okay, so like Destiny one, get over it. No, it's while being revived during a player content. Yes, like you die and then you've let down your team during a raid or something, and then they have to wait twenty seconds while you have a black screen. It's so funny to me, everyone's yelling at that guy for dying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this game is again, it's been around for years.
Speaker 1: This was on PS four, right, everybody, like, I'm not like it was maybe even before that, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was on PS four.
Speaker 1: The switch to definitely has a better CPU than the switch for or the PlayStation four, Like, it has a much better CPU.
Speaker 2: So it's like, what's happening here? Like how does this happen?
Speaker 1: And it's like, apparently there's some issue with like loading in other people that is exactly.
Speaker 2: What causes the problem. So I bet they'll get this fixed. Hopefully they do. That would be annoying.
Speaker 3: Calling things an issue is just like pr speak for what it would call a bug that they ship to production like that this ship yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: All right. Some updates about the rest of this week.
Speaker 1: For today, Marvel Tokon Fighting Souls launches on PS five and PC.
Speaker 2: Here let's see here.
Speaker 1: It unlocked as the show began, so people are playing that game now. It is sixty dollars at its standard price, launches with twenty characters. Gears of War E Day Early Access beta begins for eligible pre orders, game Pass all and PC Game Pass users, running through August tenth. The fully open test follows August thirteenth through seventeenth. Also today, Quake Con begins. Chuck, we gotta go to Quake Con. Dude's what I loved what we chants? Never played Quake, Yeah, that still hurts my brain. Also, they did like a remaster, like a re release of Quake recently, and that version plays so fucking good. And I brought my buddy, who like never he didn't play games in the nineties or like oughts or whatever, even had him play that and he was like, hold up, this is like it's very fast, like very engaging.
Speaker 3: It's just like a really good game. I would love to go to Quake Con. I saw a picture of John Carmack and John Romero, like really i'de hugging each other. I was like, holy shit.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: I was like, Wow, that guy's worth fifty million dollars and that guy's yeah, worth like five And I wonder if that's weird for them. That was the first thing I thought. I was like, huh, they took different paths, but one of them's a way better person. Oh yes, opinion, Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: In my opinion as well with the Quake con, Let's see that's celebrating its thirtieth year, so hopefully there's some good vibes there after.
Speaker 2: You know, a lot of layoffs definitely hit that that.
Speaker 1: You know, the ID team and everything sort of surrounding this Zimac stuff over there, So vibes could be off, but hopefully people are still able to find some joy there. See there's some I have a list of, like some smaller releases. I don't know, I haven't heard of any of these, but I did this.
Speaker 3: Restory Chill Electronics Repairs really cool. It's a it's a game where you run like a retro repair stall. Come Up, PC Builders Simulator is kind of similar, not exactly, like they'll bring you like an old game boy, and you do have to like unscrew each screw then like replace chips and it's a lot about like recycling parts from other broken devices you can't. Actually, Yeah, it's it's really cool. I Lucy James put me onto it with her newsletter. You guys should go follow that, by the way, But yeah, Restory Chill Electronics Repair, I can recommend that one out of this list. I don't know these others though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cappy Castaway, iron Nest, Heavy Turret Simulator, and Sovereign Tower. I wonder if any of those are gonna pop off tomorrow. Qua Con continues. Friday's official schedules includes Quake champions tournaments, a Quake, the thirtieth Retro presentation, speed runs, and community programming.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll keep an eye an eye on that. All right, that does it for the headlines.
Speaker 1: We have a poll question from yesterday that we should catch up on them. You go ahead and refresh get the most up to date results over here. Will is the pole question, and we're gonna post that poll question. We'll get to it tomorrow instead. So no new poll question today, or maybe we could do two. What did I even have here?
Speaker 2: Did I?
Speaker 3: Will? In the chat, he says, iron Nest is the PVVK style. Well, you can't just say letters man. We got to get that.
Speaker 1: Guy off the History channel. He's just watching World War two and HD with Tom Hanks.
Speaker 3: He keeps rooting for the Greycoat people. I don't know what you mean, see, I don't know who that is. That's weird though, I never heard that before.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get that poll question from yesterday, which god, what was it do we have that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I'll just look it up real quick Wednesday. I can just I type Wednesday at my browser and it pops up. It's not that hard, Mike, that's fucked up. Honestly, it's good stuff.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I was joining Jane. I was like, I can't find the doc for today. What the fuck did he name it? Thursday? Okay?
Speaker 2: Have you purchased an EA game this year? Yes? Or no?
Speaker 1: We'll get the results of that on tomorrow show instead. Speaking of tomorrow's show, it's The Bomb twelve, so make sure you get your vote in for that as well.
Speaker 2: A lot of responses so far.
Speaker 3: Everybody's gonna vote for Thief the Dark Project. I heard the hot new game. Yep, definitely heard that.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see what's that out of the way.
Speaker 1: I think we could talk about what's happening on Giant Bomb today. It's Thursday voicemail dump truck. But we've also been recording a lot of stuff this week, so keep your eye on the website. Giant bomb dot com for updates of premium content. If you're a premium member, go check that stuff out. If you're not, dip your toe in, go see what's going on over there. It's really good stuff. Tomorrow we are going to be having another game Mess mornings, but then we're going to do upf early kind of look around for it, like you know, just stick around after GMM. Tomorrow we're going to do the Giant Big Walk. We're going to do a bunch of big Walk tomorrow. We're going to have the same same way we did the Quick Look, So cutting between perspectives, it's going to be a lot of fun hang out with us.
Speaker 3: If you want to enjoy the lead a little bit, I should say. The dump Truck will have Bailey Myers on it from the Good Time Society as previously as seen on Giant Bomb Booley Meyers, so definitely be there for that. She's always really good on the voice moode um truck, great on everything.
Speaker 1: Absolutely looking forward to that. So definitely tune in, stick around, and we'll see you for all those shows. All right, Chuck, tell people where they can find you on the internet, what you have going on all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: I think you, the listener and viewer of Games Mornings should follow my Twitch account Chuck Toowski because I'm playing a bunch of old games and you're a nerd, I'm a nerd. We can hang out. We could maybe like hold hands or kiss or something. You know, something could happen. We'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you can't say something couldn't happen. Something could happen.
Speaker 3: Pan stuff.
Speaker 1: Thank you for watching and listening, Chuck. Thank you for bringing up with me today and talk about video games.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I'm always honored and delighted when you message and ask all.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you doing it. Thank you everybody for watching and listening. As I was saying, you're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.