Speaker 1: Man, terrible things about to happen for the Dallas Cowboys. We are on a head coaching watch, waiting for the waiting for the Cowboys to make an announcement.
Speaker 2: It could come down today, tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It seems like it's gonna be Brian Schottenheimer, which is exceptionally underwhelming. There is a last second mystery candidate thrown in the mix. Kati has given us both of these names, Rich Bassacia, the Green Bay Special Teams coach.
Speaker 2: Those are the two. It's gonna be one of those guys.
Speaker 1: So congratulations, they're gonna get a guy for maybe the price, you know, for a third of the price of what an NFL cost coach should cost. I mean assuming that if it's one of those guys, that Jason Witten's along with it, and then we would kind of like hang our hat on a mystery hook.
Speaker 2: But I'll put it to you like this.
Speaker 1: I mean, if so the last forty eight hours has felt like Brian Schottenheimer, If out of nowhere they're suddenly saying Rich Bisaccia, then I don't I guess my thought would be, well, that does mean it's closed like I thought it was closed if they hired Schottenheimer's like, wow, terrible, But why would they suddenly talk to Bisachia.
Speaker 2: That makes me think that the door is still open.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right, but that if the door's still open and they're just gonna let another crap coach walk through it, that's probably a problem. But KT brought up this name Rich Bisachia last week, so he has floated this out here.
Speaker 2: And do we have KT is he? Do we have access to Kese quite yet? But he's going to be here in any second.
Speaker 1: All right, Kat is off today, But why do we think Kat will be here any second? We have demanded that he try to get on the show today even though he's on vacation.
Speaker 2: And he in Vegas right now. He's like, right, I thought he went. I thought he is? He gonna be sitting at a slot machine if we had him, we could be hearing that in the background.
Speaker 1: Sure, I will say this. We're supposed to have our buddy Jeff Kavanaugh on later in the show. We're supposed to have our buddy Steve shackle For doing the weekday update here in about thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: So we do have a lot of special guests.
Speaker 1: But Ben if if there's news coming down today about a Boys coach that I have a feeling Kavanaugh will bail on us at four fifteen because he'll have to do all that Kavanaugh stuff right, which we got to be ready for anything. I just these are all bad things I was. I was so wrong during the season. I thought Belichick was the guy I thought he was. You know, somebody, somebody had told me it'd come to Dallas and met with Jerry. Maybe they were just meeting so Jerry could tell him what bad decisions he was about to make. But the Cowboys don't value the head coaching position.
Speaker 2: They don't. They don't. That's why they have had the guys that they've had.
Speaker 1: They rarely go out there have ever outside of I don't know, outside of Parcels. Rarely do they go out there and say we're gonna go get the best guy for the job. Obviously, Jimmy was the best guy for the job. But I still think Jerry is stuck in that time warp and he just he said at the time, five hundred different coaches could have coached this team.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: Jerry does not value the head coaching position. So we should all just be prepared to be wildly disappointed. It's gonna to be a name that no other team is interested in. It's gonna be a contract that is way cheaper than what the average coach is getting in the NFL. It's gonna be underwhelming in every single way. Would you have been disappointed if it was Kellen? No, I think I would have been okay with that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I think Kellen is the head coaching type. But what the hell do I know. I'm not in a room with Kellen Moore. He's not the big, you know, personality that you know can command the room. But sometimes just being a genius can earn that, you know, like, oh my god, he's such a genius, let's follow him.
Speaker 2: Right. But it's not gonna be h I gonna bang my head through that locker you prove a message.
Speaker 1: Not gonna be Vrabel or Campbell. Yeah, that's what those guys are. You know a guy who I've never seen bang his head against anything as Kevin Turner. He joins us now via the miracle of zoom kt or you had a slot machine.
Speaker 2: Not yet.
Speaker 3: I haven't flown out yet. I've got an uber picking me up soon though. Who's uber uh Ron. Yeah, okay, so so k t A.
Speaker 1: Are you expecting to hear the Cowboys announce that Brian Shotthammer's their new head coach today?
Speaker 3: Well, I think I have some pretty unique perspective on this as a guy who's about to go to Las Vegas knowing that you can bet on the.
Speaker 2: Odds of the next head coach.
Speaker 3: Okay, side in my head, I was like, okay, well, if Schottenheimer jumped ahead in the odds, I'm not going to make any money betting on that. So I was like, maybe I could put a little money on Kellen, but really, if you look at the odds, not great there, You're not gonna make a lot of money on that either. So I started just kind of in my head going, okay, I could put like, you know, fifteen hundred to one on you know, Robert Sawah, you know that's not terrible, right you, or something like that. But if you really go down the betting the betting board a little bit, you could find someone like Pete Carroll. I mean that someone might be uh spending a little bit of money on So you haven't left make it to Vegas on time?
Speaker 2: No, if I would you swing by.
Speaker 1: Would you get Ron to swing by here, and if I give you one hundred dollars, will you put it on Pete Carroll for me?
Speaker 3: I'll just well, it's just venmo. I don't think we need Ron to get totally involved in this. I want, I don't. I don't know what's going to happen. I really don't, but I will say that that's a name who I think the Vegas odds will shift by the time I make it to Vegas tonight.
Speaker 2: What do you think that way for? Who? Pete oh So, Peter oh So?
Speaker 1: You're here in some buzz and rumblings in that direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the problem is nothing official has been reported yet. And that's where we get to problems with that. But the wait, are you making it up? Are you saying that I'm saying from a betting perspective, if you go down the odds for Cowboys next head coach, and you really wanted to make a little bit of money, you should maybe put a little bit of money on Pete Carroll.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is genius by them. We mentioned this.
Speaker 1: If they had just come out and said it was Pete Carroll, all of us had been like, oh my god, he's eighty five, what are you doing? But now that we're convinced we're about to get Brian Schottenheimer or Rich Basatia, We're like.
Speaker 2: Yes, great, Pete Carroll, he still got it. We got Pete Carroll. No, you kidding me.
Speaker 1: Honestly, there was talk of, you know, Pete Carroll last year. I thought Pete Carroll sin his resume to Jerry last year because he thought McCarthy was going to be fired, because remember we saw how the story always ended, and they were like, no, sign me up for seven and ten.
Speaker 3: So Pete Carroll, here's what's interesting, and this is why I'm going here, Okay, because Pete Carroll wants to get back in the game at the spry age of ninety four or however old he is. And he used to work with Brian Schottenheimer. Do you remember the old let Russ Cook thing that was happening in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: That whole thing was because Brian Schottenheimer and Pete Carroll were fighting over how they should implement Russell Wilson and it was run the ball Aton and Brian Schottenheimer was trying to fight off Pete Carroll.
Speaker 2: The whole time.
Speaker 3: So if you put two and two together, why would the Cowboys interview Brian SCHOTTENNEI wher They've had him on the staff for two years. What would they interview him for a long time yesterday and then interview him again? I'm sorry, I interview him for a long time on Tuesday and then interview him again on Wednesday for a long amount of time.
Speaker 1: Are you saying the entire time they were just asking him Pete Carroll questions.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking in my head, what if they're like, can you and Pete.
Speaker 2: Get along and all along?
Speaker 3: We're interviewing you to be the offensive coordinator and you get call plays and all that stuff. Now, that would tell you that the Cowboys like Shoddy over Kellen. And we don't know that Kellen's out of it, but Shoddy as a guy who's going to Vegas tonight, I'll be looking a little bit down the Vegas odds board towards Pete Carroll.
Speaker 2: Wow, look for me, he's saying that emphatically. He said it five times. I'm going to be doing. Everyone else can do what they want if they want to do. Rich Pisancia have ad it. So, but you're you're at home, right now, yeah, I'll leave in an hour.
Speaker 1: Do you realize by the time you get there, the story that you're talking about will probably have broken in the odds wile shift. That's the real bummer here. Why don't you place it illegally right now?
Speaker 2: You know? Siroy? Yeah? Okay, yeah, yeah, oh no a step.
Speaker 1: All I know is this kat is on vacation and in studio we have this giant TV and his faces on it because it's you know, he's on a zoom call with us and he's not here at work with us, and he looks so happy, so refreshed. It looks like he's had a facial looks like someone's tickling him. He's never been happier that he's not here with us. He gave a facial or received Yeah, yeah, well okay I paid for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you're saying you, with your money, you would look for a guy like Pete Carroll to focus on where you and your money. Probably wouldn't put your money on Brian Schottenheimer.
Speaker 3: Yes, because because Schottenheimer's at the top of the odds.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't make me any money.
Speaker 1: You know, it doesn't make you any money. Is when you put money on the wrong candidate, right, that will be making money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So here's a tweet Nick Harris from the Fourth Star Telegram put out and it's about one pm. I've never met Nick Harris, by the way, by the way inside operative, he says, a source just told me regarding Cowboys head coach, far from the end I fear the of note this source is the only one I have left that has remained consistent in Shottenheimer remaining oc The noise has not affected their thinking.
Speaker 1: Okay, so hold I just wait. That's what I was telling Ben. But I was telling Ben that based on Rich Basacia. I was like, if if who reported Rich Pisaccia, you said pro Football Talk or something ed Warder Football Posts was the first one I saw. Okay, So, but what I was saying was haven't we all for the last forty eight hours thought they were about to hire Schottenheimer.
Speaker 2: Yeah? And so what I'm saying Clarence put that out this morning. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so what I'm saying is if suddenly new candidates are emerging, in my mind, I'm sitting here thinking, well, that doesn't mean we're about to get any resolution. They may be interviewing guys for another week. Well, and they wouldn't just hire Pete without interviewing him and so. And by the way, God, you keep forcing Pete Carroll on us. And by the way, there's going to be more candidates to interview Sunday night slash Monday morning, depending on how the games go.
Speaker 3: Well, you also have the Shrine Bowl that we've given away tickets to happening a week from today up there in Frisco. And you know you might want to have your staff in place by then.
Speaker 1: But oh god, I got the idea. I got an idea. I just thought about this. Oh, this would be amazing. No one's ever done this. This would be amazing. Dude, I love this. He was in town last night. He was sitting at mid court. You guys know who I'm talking about. You know who's sitting mid court of the math game last night, Westler. He sits at mid court of every game. Ben Yes, on the opposite side of him, in the seats that Shador was sitting in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Travis Hunter. Okay, okay, what if what if.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys hired Travis Hunter to be their head coach so you can't draft him? He's the head coach of another team, and then he decides to be a player coach and you get Travis Hunter without having to draft him. You can pay him fifteen million dollars a year, more than the number one pick would get, and it's a it's a coach salary. You want the guy who thought Dave Campbell was the solution to have that sort of outside the box thinking all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: But why wouldn't anybody do that? Like, hey, guys, rules against that? Hey guys, what what rules?
Speaker 1: Hey guys, you can't draft me because I'm the head coach of a football team. You know, it's the same reason Tom Brady can't go talk about so and so on the broadcast because you know he's the owner of the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Same thing.
Speaker 1: Once he's our property because we've hired him as head coach, you can't draft him.
Speaker 4: Dude, Look what I did.
Speaker 2: I like his football mind. Thank you, Jerry, Thank you player. That's interesting. I like this, Thank you. I assume there's rules against that? Why that would be to me?
Speaker 1: That would be anti Rooney rule if they didn't allow you to hire a black coach.
Speaker 3: Who you could pay more than he would make on a rookie deal.
Speaker 2: There coach, whatever you want to pay him.
Speaker 1: There is all this talk about if if does Jerry want to jump into the news cycle. Today, news stories go to die on Friday Monday, everyone's going to be talking about the NFL. So if he is going to make a decision, it will probably be today as opposed to tomorrow. The only thing is I think he knows. And we're gonna talk about this later today. Ben found another news story from Matt Howardton. We'll talk about it in the five o'clock hour and I and I'm afraid that that would bury the Cowboys coaching just because it's a crazy story.
Speaker 2: Do not miss it.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it at five o'clock today. Yeah, I look forward to listening to that. Guys, you'll be on a plane. Hey, can you hang up on him?
Speaker 2: Christina? Hey? Kt you have fun?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 4: You want me?
Speaker 2: Pretty bets on anybody? Pete Carroll les No, I'm not excited about any of it. It all sucks.
Speaker 1: See what kind of see what kind of odds I can get with Travis Hunter as head coach. I'll go down the list there too. Cliff God, this story sucks, man, This story sucks.
Speaker 2: It's also tea. No, KT is the best part of it. Look how happy he is.
Speaker 1: Look at that he got a facial Yeah, looks so refreshed.
Speaker 2: One did you sleep with a mask on? I was sipping the mask on? Look at that man. I always to.
Speaker 1: Thank you here, Kt, you put the sea pat mask on the morning.
Speaker 2: Anything else you want to say to all of your fans.
Speaker 3: Well, I just think in these times, I think it's really important that we all consider everything when it comes to the world we're living in and all these things that we considered before.
Speaker 2: Hey, what before? Really? Why'd you call your wimmering machine earlier? Huh? All right, love you, Kevin, I haven't saved you guys. Play the edge cutting out. You're still here.
Speaker 4: No dark time boys.
Speaker 2: Right now you're ready, ready, ready, ready, Time.
Speaker 1: To do one.
Speaker 5: Poor count quick quick Evan with our show. You're gonna ruling ahead, except with Simer Sweet pursuing it. Donld out Shaw shank through the sewer, Kid now with chilling at the eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the Doc. Got a habit for my house, a golf status. Howard starting to get crattic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Tuned in, Zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 6: I'm on hang Out with the friends, rocking on the radio, My on Moyskin's head, talking on the radio. It's time to to this sponse. Oh baby, heaby KT fifteen up, all up on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show, and we're so glad that you are. We got a great show for you today. Jeff Kavanaugh is going to join us at four ten talk about the Cowboys coaching rumors. It's everything is a lot of people feel like a decision is going to be made today. We've got sideboob Steve joining us next for the weekly weekday Update.
Speaker 2: It's going to be an awesome show. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: The Ben and Skin Show is off and running and we continue next