Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome back to the Gimmick, your bi weekly wrestling show here on GI First Podcast. I am the Canadian Nightmare trest now and I'm joined by the man who's watched eight hours of wrestling, David. How's it going today, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm tired man.
Speaker 3: Yesterday with a lot of wrestling, and I did not realize how long I had been in this exact chair until it was over with.
Speaker 2: And that chair too.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's not even counting the rest of the week. It was all spent in this chair, which now has reminded me I need a new chair.
Speaker 1: There you go, So everybody give David some recommendations on chairs he wants. And then the one who don't sleep as Bob. So what is that reference?
Speaker 4: It was a quote that Stephanie Care said after she won the championship. She said, you know, some people call us dreamers, but we're the ones who don't sleep.
Speaker 1: I see. Yeah, all a good day for you. But both you had Ian there who like it was your like main roster stand for bid. And then Stephanie so and we'll talk about it. We got a whole clear oh right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I got a nice clean win Sey. We're gonn talk about We're gonna talk about w Russell Palooza, We're gonna talk about aw all out and then anything else that usually comes up in the gimmick and stuff. And no, we can make many I guess predictions for the w W Perth show coming up, but we'll probably yeah, we probably No, it's Darby Maxley in a chain saw, a gee match or whatever they're gonna do. You know, as much as it wouldn't be good for their body, I'd be down if they announced because they ain't. No, have done this really in a while, like.
Speaker 5: A real exploding barbed wire death.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no, no, let's not go there, and that didn't go. No. I want like give them a best of five. But each match is a different stipulation, that's like different hardcore whatever.
Speaker 3: And so when Jericho did that, right, who was it chasing the title? They had to go against different people because that's when we got well, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was oh god, who did for Oh? It was to get down GF because that's mgff's gimmick, remember, and he did that body where you gotta do the belts. But no, I'm saying like a best of five like Booker t ben Wah series where but each match is like inferno. I feel like they're going to do something inferno with the fire last night I was thinking.
Speaker 4: They should do like I don't know, but like to continue on with like sort of similar to the Coffin match, Like do like an actual like buried Alive match, like with the whole dirt mountain, like on the side of the stage and stuff.
Speaker 2: The old school with three stages.
Speaker 4: You it'd be like a Mount Everest match we talked about week remember last time.
Speaker 5: A mountain with Like it'd be like Buried Alive, but like with.
Speaker 1: Rocks, spend the money, get a helicopter, fly the top Mount Everest and film like a cinematic match. Could you imagine that that would be something he'd get Imax cameras and like it's a cinematic match. Darby versus John Moxley. You gotta throw the other person off the cliff and then imagine that image where you pretend to throw them and that's such a great write off. And then when Moxley comes back, like I survived falling off my amount evers you didn't kill me, you know, like I that's what I like. But yeah, because they did that underd with Andrade and Carmelo, but that was like a fake best of five, like they just randomly started, like look at the series like we haven't got I think the last time I could be wrong, but in mainstream, not in New Japan and mainstream, I feel like it's when Seamus and Cizarro did the They did a legit best of five and then they became the Bar. But I don't know. The last time we had a best of five on TV, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Seamus and Cizarro was a best of seven. They did bad and then yet for all that those they ended up then tagging together and then they became It was one of those like you can't beat me, we'll find and then they got put together and then that turned into the Bar.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: What I would want them to do with Darby Allen and John Boxley is go back, get the w CW the three tier cage, have each tier something different, and then the end of it is Darby Allen rig the whole thing that Darby Allen gets put through the top all of mankind, but falls all the way through and then somehow somehow they have it to where he even falls through the ring at the bottom and we just don't see Darby ally for six months, like he fell into the void somewhere.
Speaker 5: That's what happens to a DDP and ready to.
Speaker 2: Know. I want him to even go through the ring like it just.
Speaker 3: Like mankinds just gone, just gone.
Speaker 1: What was the match did w CW Where to win the match you had to put someone in the electric chair and turn it on. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It's like it's the one with Abdullah the Butcher.
Speaker 1: Yes, And that's what I want them to do, is you gotta throw them through all the cages, get him out of the ring and then someone in the chair and from frying.
Speaker 3: Is a Chamber of horse match. Chamber of horse Match from Halloween Havoc ninety one, and it was supposed to be Macho Man who refused to do the spot, so it ended up being at dull of the Butcher getting electrocuted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was correct to not do that, you know. Later on was like that was a mistake, but uh yeah, there we go. That's our pitch. But we'll get there eventually. But yeah, so Wie Wressell Paloo's s Bubs, do you have any of the draft points right now? You still come from those? Okay, so by the end of the show, we'll get you an update. But David, overall, what do you think about rescllaluz? Also, this was the start of ESPN. I feel like every third tweet on my timeline was how does this work? I don't understand, Like I feel like it's I don't know. I was to get the VPN or because I got Netflix over here. But how did you feel about the show?
Speaker 2: Overall?
Speaker 1: Obviously big show for ESPN. They got Lesner's back age, Lee's first match, he had Cody and.
Speaker 3: So I am a huge college football fan and my morning is normally spent watching College Game Day, who surprisingly had an entire section of their picks for reciplues. I think that this does bring it to the mainstream. Like that opening video that they did was amazing. The where we met now Triple Ah just saying welcome to our final form, and all I can think of is Freezer turning golden at that moment, Like those aspects of it were pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Where again, what does that mean? I've always said, what does that mean? A couple of years from now, ESPN doesn't like bring them back, so it's like, are they yeah, what form is this, you know?
Speaker 3: Or some new streaming service wants to pop them over there or whatnot. Yet it could all change, but I felt like it that part was cool. Some of the presentations were pretty cool. But as a show as a whole, other than the nostalgia of certain matches, I feel like it very much fell short for this being the big introduction into mainstream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could agree with that. I think that what was surprised to me, so like I enjoyed the show overall. I think there's two kinda I got a head scratcher, and then there's two kind of matches. One just Doc Gray and then one could have just been a little bit above a TV made event. But that's fine. I just felt like they went harder overall, because I know people really just not everybody, but a lot of people really disliked the raw Netflix premiere because it was like very mainstream and all celebrities. But I felt like they went That's what I was expecting with this, I know it obviously the big meme was if Rock was gonna show it, but I was expecting more legends, more there's a couple of celebrities. But I was just kind of surprised it didn't feel it felt like another pay per view. It didn't feel like the first pay per view on ESPN. Even though overall I liked the show, I just was surprised they didn't go that hard. Now, I guess granted you'd say that, you know, Netflix is technically i'd say more important because they're on there weekly, and then with the foreign people like myself, it's all the pls are there, right, So technically I think if you were to ask them, the Netflix deals probably bigger and probably could reach more audiences because at the same time Netflix, there's tons of people that are subscribed for TV shows, reality shows, movies and we'll just see w right where ESPN there's tons of people. You got to go out of your Like I don't have to because I'm not there, but like if you're in America and you don't watch anything on there, you have to go out of your way to subscribe to it. So maybe that's why it's not. I just still thought there's gonna be something. Obviously they loaded the show with AJ and Brock, but I just thought there'd be one more thing of oh man, I should have tuned in like when Rock was there or whether it be a big turn or something like that. Like I thought there's gonna be a moment where hey you and that's where I think we all kind of thought with Cody and Drew going last something was gonna happen there, but nothing really came of it, So I'm I'm quite surprised by that aspect. But overall, I enjoyed the show. I thought it was a good one. I thought it was like a very solid beats you. I think it got like a a like the show over I'll be like a three point seventy five for me. I think there's a couple of matches that I really enjoyed for entertainment wise, and then the middle match, which we'll talk about, was fantastic. But I suppose what do you think but wrestle pouloues uh yeah, yeah, I gotta say I gotta rock my boy or so yeah.
Speaker 5: Overall, I thought i'd agree it was like I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, Yeah, they definitely like sort of hyped it up to be It's weird because they hyped it up to be bigger, But at the same time, I don't really think they hyped it up to be bigger.
Speaker 5: It's weird, like.
Speaker 4: In terms of I guess what they put on it, i'd say overall, yeah, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: I'd have to see.
Speaker 4: I don't think it'd be like super high compared to like a lot of other pls this year, but I still give it like a passing grade. I think probably, yeah, Like i'd have to see what else I gave, like a three point five if if else, I might be like a little lower than that, but probably around there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think at three point five is across the board a fair assessment for this three point five.
Speaker 2: Three point five is fair.
Speaker 4: I think on my list of just like ranking, I think I had this on about the same as like as like A King and Queen of the Ring, where there was like a few were definitely at least like one match I like really really enjoyed, and then a few that were like pretty fun and stuff, and then ones that I was just like, it's okay, I guess.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, I gotta do that next year. I won't start now, but like on Ladder Box with the movies, I'm gonna start. Yeah, I didn't think about that. Yeah, I have to do that next year, so that's fair enough. So all right, let's let's get this out of the way. Brock Lesnar defeated John Cena. Man, I agree with everybody. We have five days left with John Cena. I shared in the discord that clip of John c well, we'd really have to scroop that last page, scroop everything. Do I think it's screws up his career?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: But man, this is just like I knew this was gonna suck, but still just like it sucked even more. I didn't watch it live because aw, maybe it was still going on by watching after the fact, and yeah, I don't know. It's it's exactly what I feared. It's like the suplex City thing, which I said.
Speaker 2: This before, people do it like.
Speaker 1: And he said, like too, So okay, here we go. But clearly Brock when to get out there. It's like I said before, without all the personal stuff. I was over the Brock Lizener match years ago and like other than to me, like I guess. And even then it's like people might say, oh him versus Gun, through him versus Braun, like my worries is just gonna be this stuff, right, It's just like I don't know how exciting they're gonna be, but yeah, I thought Brock would get the win he did because Scena's on the way out, Brock swinging it just man, what what a waste? Like, especially if we don't get like a John Cena versus bron Breaker. I would much rather have bron Breaker squash and for eight minutes, like give it to someone like that, because Brock, Like, I don't know, but I very much worry. I was surprised on SmackDown and I'm at the reclution Hayman came out. I am very very worried that we could get I think Brock versus said the WRESTLEMANI is like a very legit possibility. I think they're gonna go with him and Gunther actually this time, but I could.
Speaker 5: See whether it be with Brock.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Like but again, if there's an injury something like that, Like I think, no matter what, in the next calendar year, you'll get Seth versus Brock, and they're gonna play up some of that drama there because I'm surprised they put Paul.
Speaker 4: They do that at the like the Royal Rumble.
Speaker 1: The Greatest, Like yeah, that's that's a good option.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a you know, eight minutes eight minutes match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you could do and you could do something like.
Speaker 4: He enters the rumble and gets like eliminated by goother after the match or something like that.
Speaker 1: Or he wins it just like that.
Speaker 5: They did.
Speaker 1: They did that one year where he lost the title.
Speaker 4: Mar even for the rumble, even for the rubble of Brock gets up quickly because a few years ago he went in there for like three minutes and last like through him out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so either way, I'm just saying like that, that's I think an option, but they will play up and I have no interest in that either right now. So yeah, this was this was not good. Like I I can't even give this a star rating like I.
Speaker 5: Would get like a like a half star.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: No, I think you can go as low as point to fun.
Speaker 1: And I give it back. Yeah, because it's a bar minute. It's literally just like refried food. Like we saw this years ago. It just feels so lazy and it just sucks for seeing it because it's just like I don't know, I don't think he cares he's getting the money.
Speaker 5: Five dates would be Crown Jewel UH Survivor Series, the final Raw.
Speaker 4: In Madison Square Garden, Raw in Boston, and then Saturday Nights to Me event.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So which again, I we've talked about a little tongue, but I just hate that it's it's.
Speaker 5: All wrestles at those raws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope so highlight this.
Speaker 4: Last SmackDown with Sammy so I think maybe he like fights, and you know, I think didn't they do once like seth Versus scene at Madison Square.
Speaker 1: Garden before, I think they did.
Speaker 5: I think they did that once, so you could do that.
Speaker 2: So the only highlight relate to this match. Yeah, it was very much.
Speaker 3: Cut and paste of their old SummerSlam the superlex City match with you know, slight differences, but outside that, the only real saving graces was what it means for Sina going forward. I think this was their attempt to anyone who was still kind of on the fence about him being back to babyface after the attempted He'll run.
Speaker 1: No, No, who was who was on the fence side.
Speaker 3: This the shot of the kids crying in the audience and even Tyrese Halliburton sitting there with the shock the wrestle made thirty shocked brock lesnar taker face like, you know, like all of these moments, that was the fine. Know, all right, this this is our our golden boy that we are sending off. We want to give him all the sympathy going into the end of his career, give him all the cheers. I knew when Sina came out and he was surrounded by those thirty kids, I was like, Oh, he's about.
Speaker 2: To get his ass.
Speaker 5: Well he always.
Speaker 3: I'm like, he's about he's about to just catch it and so and and that's what it was. I mean, I would probably give this like a C C minus at best for like a match like it. It didn't shake foundation. I get that you wanted to get eyes on the beginning of this, but also if that was your in case to counterprogram the end of a w maybe make this match go a little bit longer because I still had time, even though I was watching on dual monitors, I still had time to fully enjoy the rest of the main event of AW.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 1: Brocks like, I'm not going ten that's the no double digits, no double digits this run, you know. Yeah, so yeah, we'll see what happens. I imagine Brock will be gone for a while. That's yeah, good pitch that Seth at Saudie and then him there and then yeah with Sina, who knows. I guess I think he'll just be the surprise partner at war Games. I think it's gonna be one of these things where we'll have a team and may love a partner and someone's get taken out or someone's like I don't want to mess with the the Seth riders because like they're gonna like injure me. So I think he'll just they could eat Like. I think it could literally be multipleys where they announced seen it before, they announce him at some Survivor series they don't it's a mystery man. But I think they will announce before, uh so they can get him on the poster and then I guess, uh he's at Is he at the Perth Australia show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like he's been like super advertised for it.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be show of this show and he's like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because now we got that answer now like it's at the I guess we'll just talk about the main event now because it's tying into this conversation because we for months have been booking like what they do and with seeing what they do with Cody and Seth, and I swear at one point maybe they didn't outright say it, but I thought least it was rumored that, oh, they're not doing the Crown Jeal Championship, and then last night it's like, oh, that's happening. So that through that's what I also hate it because the second I said that, I knew Cody was winning, because like, I just didn't think they were running Drew and Seth because they've done that a lot. And I just didn't see Tiffany and if it is Tiffany and Sephanie didn't see them getting the main, and I don't see Drew and Seth getting the main. So I wish they'd announced, like on the post show they did the staredown, so just right there, it would have been a little bit more divisive. But that match, don't get me wrong, I think that's gonna be really good with their characters where they are. I think, as we've all booked it, that Cody's gonna lose because he's gonna get destroyed by Drew and Brawn and Bronson and maybe Paul who knows, but who knows the whole thing it takes.
Speaker 4: But if Brock's not showed enough, if he's not getting paid.
Speaker 6: To wrestle, no SummerSlam though, right, yeah, but he's like that was like a bit like at least he's like be the main event.
Speaker 1: It's like I bet, I bet you could convince Brock to do for the right amount of money to walk in F five seth and leave. You know, like, yeah, he could be.
Speaker 3: Still gets his million dollar pay day if all he does is have to do in F five.
Speaker 2: Oh, Brocks all over that.
Speaker 1: So now that because I think a lot of us it's still could happen, like you said, s Bubbs. But at least at Perth it's not him and Rollins what you talked about.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: They're gonna do for Sina at Perth, Like I really don't. I guess because he's not gonna be on any of the build it's gonna be like the Big Bill Eddie Kingston. It's gonna be that. It's gonna be something just like I want Sina. So I imagine because he'll be in the match. Later on with the interferencer, we said I am hoping it is Braun, but again that kind of sucks because we kind of just got that match that was.
Speaker 5: Like from Australia.
Speaker 1: Don't I like Bronze And I just if I can only book Seena's last five matches, Bronson Reed is not not on that list, you know, Like that's the thing. So I'm gonna I'm gonna say it's breaker in my opinion, and that also gets seen into war games as well. That's that's my opinion, going to say it's break.
Speaker 4: You can have a like, oh you're gonna have like seen a run out in the health codey or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's where that's where I think what happened. He will and that's when Drew comes in, because that's my prediction on Discord of why Drew's injured. It is because on Smacked, and I bet they're gonna say Drew's like gown for an indiffinite amount of time and then oh my god, Drew's here and he hits the clay more. And I also think that's good drama because Seth and Drew had lots of history, right, so they do that stare down and maybe.
Speaker 4: Feel like it was like the original like scrapped plan for Cessfaction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, supposed to be him, Drew and Kevin Owens.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that would have been That would have been great. So yeah, yeah, but what do you who do you guys think for Sina for birth?
Speaker 4: I don't know now I tell yeah, I think either one, I think, but also I think the Bronze.
Speaker 5: I don't know if this would get on like the p l E.
Speaker 4: But they definitely said like they're coming for like the tag titles. Yeah, they've been like I think Hayman said, like they beat the USOS, so now like they beat the greatest tag team of all time, So now they're the greatest tag team of all time and they're coming for the the tag titles next. So I don't know if that would like make Crown Jewel to put that like on the show, or if they just like do that on Raw and then like they're just the tag chaffs. But I think for Sena, yeah, I think one of the bronze, either Breaker or Bronson.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And as for someone else, like I don't know, may like I don't know, I feel like it's gonna be the like a dominant or something. I don't know, somebody can be like a hateable of heel. I wad.
Speaker 1: Don't do Russo it would be a good match. But you know what, Perth wouldn't be bad because the like I don't know, this doesn't exactly fit the dominant character. But you could if you wanted to build a legacy, they could play up the whole scene has never won the IC title thing very quickly. Yeah, and that's where you could play that up. And I don't think Scena should win it, but I actually would not.
Speaker 5: Be drop his last match.
Speaker 1: Pother back there. But like my idea would be my idea. Okay, So I go breaker up Perth war games dom because when's the masson square Garden one?
Speaker 5: I think the massive square is first.
Speaker 1: It's first, okay, So then I think you could do then I'd say Seth and Sina. You have Dominic in Scena and Boston. He wins the ICY title on his home crowd. Now I know Guth, there's the rumor repons I don't want Guth there, But you know what, I guess maybe that's.
Speaker 5: Like I'm above the Icy like.
Speaker 1: Samoa Joe did. I don't know, if I don't know if you ever heard of s Bubs. I think it was happening well that and then he did the uh the he was like the longest r O h TD champion and he just gave it up. He's like, I'm just done. He beat Hobbes and then after you beat Hobbs, he did a promo of like, yeah, I'm just gonna not be a champion anymore.
Speaker 4: The leak I started watching, I feel like I remember seeing like, oh, somemo Joe just like relinquishes Tea and yeah I did.
Speaker 1: They did have him when the aw title right after, so I guess at least that happened. It's like, okay, it made sense, but he looked like such a geek at first, like I'm just gonna like yeah, but David, who are you thinking for? For Sena Perth?
Speaker 3: So here's my thoughts with Sena and Perth. I think that Sina is not going to have a scheduled match. I think it's gonna be him on the Grayson Waller effect.
Speaker 1: God damn.
Speaker 2: Hold, but wait, there's more, and I think I think.
Speaker 5: Ses return No.
Speaker 3: I think that is when the vision come out and they take out Grayson Waller and one of them challenges Sena to a right then right there.
Speaker 1: Match okay, as long as it ends that way. If it's just fucking on the waller effect.
Speaker 3: Nope, because I don't think you want to give away the matches yees. So I think he might be advertised for that, and then that's when you go into him having an actual match.
Speaker 2: I think he will. I definitely think he will.
Speaker 3: Take on one of the Bronze because I have a feeling he wants a good match against bron Breaker before he goes out. But also you're in Perth, so having Bronson Reed do something would also that would fit into that. So I think that he's gonna get challenged by someone.
Speaker 4: Like a face male Australian, like if he's like like a tag match or something like. Both the Brons are like, oh, we're gonna beat you up Sona and then someone comes out and it's like.
Speaker 1: Let's just give him Rea Ripley. Man, let's get the Johnson and Ria Ripley. Let's let's see Ria Ripley riptide Bronson Reid. Hell yeah that the room off the rope, off the rope super finisher, the roof would blow off that place.
Speaker 5: She got loot gallows a one time, so she could she do it?
Speaker 1: Give her enough? You know. It's like that's where it's like, I know lots of people feel if he got intered in wrestling and stuff like that. But just like man, when we talked about last night of We'll Get There, it was like, fuck, Becky.
Speaker 4: Would there very similar similar wrestlers and just the stuff they do.
Speaker 1: I was like, Becky and Seth could be better than Becky, and Punk might be better than a punkin Seth, you know, like god damn. So yeah, but anyway, so yeah, we had we talk about that. I guess we're about the Bronze. I thought the tag match was was fine, Like I don't know. Obviously it's tough because the ending got a little man because it looks like Jay got somewhat hurt.
Speaker 4: So I guess like the slow mo clip because when I was watching it, just like in normal speed, I couldn't figure out like when he hit himself, but the slow mo is like crazy, like yeah, he hits he hits bron in like the back and it bounces up like so quickly against his head that he's like instantly like busted open, like spot flilling everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so apparently he's like in concussion protocols.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the match itself was like it was fine. I guess it was just kind of like there it was just to show I guess the bronze being like dominant, but La Knight didn't really like screw either of them over, kind of just let them do.
Speaker 3: Like the share moments of him going like oh are you telling you that? On trying not to like like there wasn't like I don't know it just like Braun moves out the way and you get hit your luck you did that on purpose, like you were standing right here. You know exactly what happened, and this has happened in your matches before, like you know how this.
Speaker 1: Works at least wrestling trope when wrestler gets hit by the wrestler like did you did you hit me? It's like just watch the fucking replay, man, You're gonna be okay, Like I yes, yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: Like what it did, like was the end.
Speaker 4: The ending made me laugh where Jimmy is like in that table and as as they're counting three, the table just slowly almost perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no, it's pretty good there, so, but yeah, I guess for me the other thing is too because I've said this before. I know people talked about and I suppose you share the clip about this potential jus so he'll run terrible idea. You never know because maybe it's something great, But I just think that's terrible, and I guess.
Speaker 5: It's I don't think they're actually good.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think they are, but it's not.
Speaker 4: Going to give them like like it's like it's like the Hogan thing before he actually went into Hollywood Hogan, where he was gonna be like like dark Hogan until you know, like you just were all black.
Speaker 5: This is like a year before Hollywood Hogan, but he's like evil Now you were.
Speaker 2: The black jeans and the black jean vest and yeah.
Speaker 5: But you just acted like the same.
Speaker 2: But I didn't color my beard brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah No, I think for me the problem and it's not the exact same as like the acclaimed in a W But I just I was not like, man, I need the usso's back together right now. And I know that's the play because Jay's the singles act like for everybody kind of goes up and down, but I'm not this And I guess even though when they came back, he didn't feel as big and I don't know, just I don't know what we're trying to achieve here, but cool.
Speaker 3: I think when you do these types of matches, you need a true reason for them coming together, like when it can't. When Cody and Dustin teamed up, they you know, he had the whole. Hey, I have this huge match coming up, and what I need is my brother, Like for something this monumental. If I'm making history, I want to do it with you or Egine Christian coming back together like it he's my asshole, Like you have those moments where there's a bigger reason for them coming back together other than well we're putting Jay in this thing with the Bronze and this other thing with l A.
Speaker 1: Knight, the team with l A. Knight he lost once He's like I need you back, man. It's like that's it just because yeah, like go get another partner. Ask Cody was up to, Like you want to take titles with Cody. I know they're busy, but I mean, like and k Fave, like there's no one else on the roster before you gotta get your brother back.
Speaker 3: But the them bringing back the old music, like to me that that's a Big four, Big five pay per V moment a wrestled palooza on a random Saturday night, Like you say this for a moment, maybe it is a championship match, Like Jimmy is working towards enthering and he's like, hey, the if this is my shot at being a champion again, I'm going for my brother. And then you bring Jay in for this. They do the old music everything else. This just seemed like nostalgia bait and the match was it was all over the place. It wasn't bad, It just wasn't anything that made me go.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm glad I got to see this match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a weird thing for me to say, but at this point I like more when it was like Jay on the road to Gunther and he just need a mystery partner and Ja came in for a match. They did that, then they use the gun the thing, and that to me was perfect where it's like, oh, it's like a fun cameo of the usso's. But then they go back. But I think it it's another thing too, like they don't know what to do. Jimmy. You know, they're just like I like, I's it's tough. It's like he is teys argument the better, but yeah, it's better promo, better wrestler. It's the Matt and Jeff thing. Though Matt was always a better wrestler than Jeff, but like he didn't have the ore that Jeff did, right, And that's where the same thing as that and Christian as a babyface. I'd say it was the same as Edge. That's why Christian woman he was a heel, was fine, but both Matt and Jimmy as heels were nothing. Is That's where it's like, it is very much like The Hardy Boys, where j just has the Jeff hardy thing and you can't. You can't no matter what Jimmy can do, he can't get there when he's like a singles title. It's like, I have no interest in Jimmy, who's so holding a singles title right now? You know, Like.
Speaker 3: Reverend Devon at this point is Reverend Deacon Bautista too?
Speaker 1: Have you seen Jista before s pubs? Yeah, that was Batista's main roster. It's just a guy collecting donations for Reverend going around with the collection point.
Speaker 4: Remember, because I think one of these, like last two like w W games, like one of the deals was Deacons.
Speaker 1: Really that's awesome. Oh yeah, because he had like the I everything. But yeah, so we'll see. Hopefully Jay's okay, like and I don't know what they're doing with the story. I my prediction is if everyone's okay wrestling. Anytime the Ussles are winning the tag team title, that's my prediction. They're gonna do some longer build. Maybe there's some drama here and there, but either okay, I'll change it. Either they're winning or they're defending the title, and hopefully there's some good team. Hopefully they build up for Raxium or something I wouldn't be Yeah, in a last ever TLC match, you know, like it could happen. But then after that, to me, definitely, I think almost they're gonna agree the match tonight and maybe I have to decide, but between me, it's probably this and then the Hangar and Fletcher one I'd have to think about. But for multiple reasons. But Stephanie Picker beats you know, EO Sky I'm trying to say her old name, but yeah, I I know everyone talks about and it's not that's not true about EO and Rhea Ripley and their chemistry. But Stephanie and EO have I won't say that same chemistry, but their own chemistry of their own. I've said this before, we told about this discord remind me of Ordon Christian where I don't think Stephanie and I are gonna ever have a bad match, and and not either with Ria either, but just like I think with because Ossie with Rhea, she plays like the bigger, strong hoss in that match, and this is like they're not similar styles, but they have variations of it. But this was a great match. The last two matches have been great, but they always went to the DQ finish. I'm just very happy that they didn't because everyone was worried and everyone's speculating. I'm happy that there was no miss, no oscar interference, nothing, because to me, it's like if Stephanie's winning her first main title and it is due to like the miss, unless it's a heel turn, which is not the case because she's slowly building up and people are liking her. Do it this way and it does not hurt EO at all. EO's like been at Multi, she just won the last WrestleMania. She's a semi mon event with Bailey she's gonna have like a big program with Oscar and carry like she's always gonna be around. You could argue she is top five in the world, not just men and female like of the world. So like EO's gonna be fine taken in here. It helps Stephanie and I don't know why. It's for some reason it doesn't feel as as usual like people winning it this early. I think it just feels natural. But as I said before, I think even if Naomi was in the spot, Stephanie's winning. I'm telling you it's gonna be It's it's Stephanie and Ria. I'm booking it right now. I think Ria's winning that chamber rumble and they're they're doing it. For one, it'll be a fantastic match, but two just the social media everything that they'll have a big time promoting that. But I thought this was a great match and really deliver it. So what about US pubs?
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, I really really enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Like I already loved the two other matches they had on Raw that like ended in the DQ, so for them to get this one with the full time was just great. And yeah, I think it actually was different than the other matches because I felt like the other ones were all like go, go go. This one did have some stuff with obviously her working over like the legs of Veo to the point where she had to like take off the knee pads. But then that also went into like when she missed the moon salt, then that like.
Speaker 5: Hurt her her knee even more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I thought I thought it was a really cool match that actually was different than the ones they had already had just they did different stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this to me is match of the night.
Speaker 3: I would say, as much as I loved Hangar and Fletcher and they had some amazing spots, but just pure bell to bell, the fun of the match, the fluidity of the match and everything else, and these ladies put on an incredible match with some incredible spots and just it was a highlight for both of them, and it was a highlight for women's wrestling. And I think about, you know, their time in NXT, especially Stephanie Vickers, and looking now, I'm like, you've got her as a women's champion, You've got Julia as women's United States Champion. Like they have really shown why they were so highly tout it coming in.
Speaker 2: And I'm completely happy for you.
Speaker 3: I agreed that this was the situation where Eosky can take. The loss doesn't hurt her at all. It gives a big elevation to Stephanie, who's already sitting pretty high. But this just solidifies it, and I think they will continue to have more matches. I look forward to some of the other matches that Stephanie has, and I want her to be able to defend this title a couple of times and really show her stuff in that realm before any eventual losses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope it's not. She just wins the title and she just becomes backstage promo person, Like that's what TRIPLEH did with EO, and that was like like, Hiria, good match. Hi whoever? Good Match's? Like, yeah, what are we doing here? Like I've said before, I was a big fan and when Brett Hart would like main event the program and like defend his title against tug Boat and he'd get like a three point five out of tug Boat, Like and EO was that person that could have done that. You could have put her in there, Like maybe it's not the most drama because people thought, oh, she's gonna win but you could put her there with Ivy Nile and I bet you she's gonna get like a really good matcher or like especially with it be on that flat did.
Speaker 5: Have a really good match with Ivy.
Speaker 1: That's why like these worker people that, like especially with Io, is surprised because like, oh she knows English, but it's not like the first language everything. So sometimes the proms were very basic and I was surprised, Like she's the wrestler champion, why isn't she just like beating everybody and then you know, eventually lose it the way she did with my Bank. So I hope with Stephanie it's not she just becomes the Aura girl and that's where or just like six you know Tony Kahan six Women tags all the time and everything.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean they're they're pretty stacked on raw with women. They rock Sande Perez, Rhea, Raquel, Natalia, you know, lyra Valkeria, Live Morgan whenever she eventually returns, like Kyrie saying, they're pretty stacked on raw when it comes to the women OSCA.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm looking.
Speaker 4: Forward to that the storyline stuff, like I feel like she definitely defends against OSCA at some point and she said that's like her her dream match to have like a one on one match with Osca, which I feel like that would be really good because they were in like one of those like four Ways for like Queen of the Rig and like they had some interactions there. But yeah, definitely, definitely, I feel like they'll do like a match with Raquel, especially since they've been like building her up a lot lately. You could do that, and yeah, like you said, I do want her to defend a lot. Honestly, she's gonna have the match with most likely Tiffany in a few weeks there, so that's at least one match to get there, and after that, yeah, I'll have to see.
Speaker 5: I wonder.
Speaker 4: I assume this story is probably what's gonna be like in sort of like the Wargames type story, but I guess I don't know if they do both ones on Raw.
Speaker 5: But I guess the SETH one that could.
Speaker 4: Be like a cross brand one too, especially if you have like Cody and their like brock and scene in there. I guess, so you could probably find some women SmackDown to put in there.
Speaker 5: And I guess this.
Speaker 4: Sort of unrelated, but another random thought I had, is this probably like this is probably the first time, like the Women's World Championship is James hands in both AW and W on the same day, right, Like I don't think there'd be another one where they had like.
Speaker 2: A same day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would venture to say that because Aw's Women's has not changed hands a lot. But I said, we have the opportunity here she could run through all three of the Kabuki warriors, like just having those banger matches, and I think all three of them are such high caliber also that it would boost.
Speaker 2: Her stock ass champion.
Speaker 3: So I think that that's a good place to start after this whole Crown Jewel Women's what a Crown Jewel chance ampion ship thing, which again is completely I'm not here for that, but it is what it is, which is.
Speaker 1: Gonna be good though if it is her, and if it's her and Tiffany, I think that that's gonna be really good. Like I guess I could see a world I think we all agree that Tiffany's just gonna win by pinning Nye and they say the jade thing. I guess you could do a world where she jade pins Nah and tifty isn't lost. And you can do Jade and Stephanie, but I don't think that's a good idea. I think in that case though, of Stephanie versus Jade, I really don't know her. Sorry, Stephanie versus Tiffany and the winner there, I really don't know who would get that because it's there are both on interesting builds where I feel like Stephanie is getting the like the young upstart, you know, rookie just on a big role. I know she's not rookie but in WW right, But then Tiffany is getting this long reign and she's like getting the almost somewhat dominant champion of she's beat everybody on SmackDown. There's no one left. So it's that is a that is a tough one. Like if I feel like if I had to pick, I think they might give it to Stephanie just to keep that going because Tiffany hasn't lost in a while, so you can kind of keep that, you know, going up that you know, yeah, it got to or like I said the way I said about Cody and k Fabe, like eventually she's just been defending more, you know, Or you could always have Jade in here if you could have something right, because.
Speaker 3: I think that's I said, depending on how that match goes, the Triple Threat match goes, especially if Jade is not involved in the pinfall, I could see her then coming in and interrupting this match and staking her claim against Tiffany because they could get that titled wrong.
Speaker 1: Isn't that he Live beat NYA? Wasn't there some shenanigans going on in that match? I thought, like, like lived into beat NYE clean? Right, I thought there was done or something. Yeah, that's what I mean where we've seen that before, right, So but yeah, we'll see that'll be if they let them go again. I would not the same way Tiffany or Stephanie losing either way. That's why I think they would give Tiffany losing just because Stiffany just won the title and be alled to lose. But like, that's what I did. You know. I liked triph first took over, and I like what AW usually does is if you have two Titans and one of them just loses, that's okay because someone's gonna lose, you know. It's the same way as football. It's like and then that gives where drama the next time they verse go, hey, you beat me last time. It's like the same time when in the future when they do Gunther and Cody too, it's like Cody got him at the Rumble, he got him at Saudi goother has like a full reason like no, I gotta I'm gonna beat you this time because you got my number, right, Like I think there's there's a great cadence as far as I loved it back in the day and many times. Right, but Tommy Dreamer always said, like I don't ever want to beat Raven because that's always a story, right of can I beat you this time? That's I don't think there's anything wrong with having one superstar that's beating you multile times because there's always story there and then when you eventually that's what they're doing with EO and Rheo, right that, And I'll give them credit that Rhea stillesn't beat EO in a triple thread and that and that's where it's good of like Reea can be so good, can beat anybody else, but for some reason, Eo Sky has her number, and I love that story. So that's why to me, it's like if Tiffany loses, not like oh, pushes over, like Guther lost a cod and he end up being Okay. I think him losing the Jay hurt him more than Cody if anything.
Speaker 3: So but yeah, yeah, the the Cody loss, when it came to Gunther, it made sense. And then you had that whole like that dishevel like I'm supposed to be that like how did I get to this point? And it added more to Gunther. So yeah, those moments make sense. You got big name versus big name, someone's gotta fall. It's the same when it comes like whoever goes to the super Bowl. You're not going to say, well, that team sucked. I don't even know why, Like they both got to this super Bowl. Someone's got to win, and I think it's the same right here, So you could have them go over. I have a feeling that Tiffany's gonna get screwed somehow in that match. Lets Stephanie win, and I'm all for that. She's the newer champion, She's the one that you're currently building up. Tiffany has been built up already as a legitimate contender, So continue building Stephanie, Vie cure up. Let her take it and go in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, so well. Speaking of the women's division big showcase last night, which again this is just to me crazy that you got Tiffany in this big brain Stephanie, you know, a hot news star like I mean stan Wise, but of course yes, she's very attractive lady as well. Everything on Twitter, there's there's lots of stuff there I get. Emily was like, oh my god, my god, that was he said that. He said something else where He's like, man, he is walking line like, oh, I'd like to smooch that devil's kiss. I was like, man, you sound like Jerry Lawer in the nineties. I'm fine that.
Speaker 5: There's another one where he said something like.
Speaker 1: That you're a married man.
Speaker 3: Wade calm down, like you know, he starts yelling out about puppies.
Speaker 1: I am done with Wade channeling that. But I like he we.
Speaker 3: Got full horny Wade tonight all grand yeah, but and that's.
Speaker 4: Where he gets more horny or when he gets yeah.
Speaker 1: But what I was I gonna say, So, that's what's so crazy is all this stuff is going on and TRIPLEH loves her, but Julia is just like that title is dead in the water over. They need something, they need something. They there, you go to me, it's like, find somebody that's great and do a best of five Julian and just have that like they need something over there, because like even now with Becky and had An I see, and now with AJ, it's just like it's kind of crazy that you know, this big showcase and Austin. I don't know if it's gonna happen in Perth, but we know at some point they're gonna do AG and Becky. I think that could go either way. I think AJ could win. I think Becky could win, Like they could also do it like a trilogy where Becky kind of like lyra sneaks that when well, who knows. But to me, the mixtape over delivered because I thought, yeah, they went thirty minutes, like just like five minutes, like just a couple under Kyle Fletcher and Hangman who were doing like this like wrestling class like this was to.
Speaker 4: Me, it was like just this one match was almost as long as every match a long.
Speaker 5: Day Diva's title reign combined.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that that's what's crazy, and that's what for me, that was the thing I was most happy about that. I thought about his last episode, But AJ never got to do like she had a couple of Page, a couple of Kalin, but never this like huge high profile, yes, cinema match tables weapons because I remember when Page because they used to do the theme like payter Reviews and was hell in the Cell And I remember there being a big campaign for Pages and AJ's like blowoff match to give them the cell. Everyone's like they should get the first woman sell and they didn't, and everyone like was really pissy about and stuff. So that's where it's like, now we're in this era where this can happen. So even seeing the table bump where Becky, which I loved and it broke in such a cool way like accidentally, but when just what a maneuver Like I'm just gonna chuck you at your husband and Seth and kudos to Punk because it's the funniest thing ever. Pointed us on the discord that when they hit the table a j bounce and Punk saw it, he sold for like two seconds and then just got right up like hey you okay, Like she's a history of back and she's I'm not saying it was wrong, but it's just so funny how you can tell you when to husband motive, he sold shit, he was he got right up. He didn't even care. But no, this match, to me, it's similar to like it just sounds different, but like Moxley and the Hangman, where I would never give that as a five star as far as like the match quality, but for the entertainment wise, they hit everything.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, like Cody and Seth versus Rock and Roman.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, like it just.
Speaker 4: Went like way way more than I thought it was gonna be, especially at length, even though that hour was like no one was like fifteen minutes long, but like just in terms of the stuff they did and like stuff that like it was the same thing, like I didn't think like the Rock was gonna take like getting rock bottom by Cody to like they're the announced table and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that same thing when they're on the tables. Because what happened was the match was like kind of coming to a crescendo and then all of a sudden they went outside and they started removing the tables. I was like, oh my god, like we got another like five to ten minutes here, and I was surprised what was going on. But it was great, and I love the dual spots and that's something what it felt like. It felt like AJ was like, I'm sure they all plan and whatnot, but it just felt like I got a bunch of shit I want to do here that I've never got to do. Let's do it, and no, to me, it over delivered big time. Yeah, AJ was a little rusty. She needs to work on those punches, those those long that's tough for me. I was like, I love my girl, but like, those are some tough ones. But no, I hope with other couples or managers. They which was so funny, they had these stats of both couples were undefeated and intergender tags and stuff. But and the best thing, because you never know with WW and where there's at, I love that they started the match broke down to okay, the men are just wrestling the woman, and here we go, you know, and the crowd ate that for every old time it's gonna be I'm not gonna take a bump for its lady. It's like the people that are watching at home, they don't give a shit. And we live in an era where there are dozens of women in UFC that could beat the shit out of millions of men on the planet. So it's like we're not in the era anymore, puppies and divas and stuff. So I love when I ages do it like they're they're stealing shows. Move like the AJ stomp and again like I send the discorder earlier. It's like for some reason, it felt like the Yeah, the Black Women and he saw the great eyes. Happy.
Speaker 5: I thought he was gonna like actually tap out.
Speaker 1: I thought for second two the way his hand was, and I was happy Punk was starting to sell for Becky too, because it bugged me the whole time. Anytime she hit him, it was like Superman to like a little kid. It's like she's still like a women's like sell a little bit. But then he did and like she did a sharpshooter on him, like all this stuff.
Speaker 4: Like when he was turning around, I thought he was going for like the figure four.
Speaker 5: Figure eight was.
Speaker 1: What bridges and that's the figure they They just put in so much and that's why it's like I love that they were bumping for each other and it was it was tremendous, Like I wouldn't even be mad if they just flat out ran this match back with like a stip or anything else, Like they just this this was fantastic, So they to me over delivered on what I thought was gonna be. So yeah, this is, like I said, probably my third match leakend for just because entertainment wise.
Speaker 3: Though, yeah, there's I view this very highly, like if I had degraded and be a B plus a minus. But a lot of that is because of the nostalgia aspect. It is just seeing a j Lee and having those moments, man, Seth skipping around and then the second time you did it, skipping into the g Yeah, those those moments make that match. So while the last match to women's match is just man, this was a damn good match or a Hangman in flesh was just like, this is a damn good match. This was man, this is fun. I'm I'm loving seeing this. I'm loving seeing some of the things. Yeah, there there were some miscues and was.
Speaker 1: Still on a couple of times. That moment when he when he had Becky it was Becky, right, Seth and Becky in the air, Yeah, and then he's like to throw them and you can see Seth like he said something. I was like, all right, and then he rolls out the way and there they did this and end up still being cool. But they did this thing where Seth caught AJ and they were going down, and it's supposed happened as Punk supposed to meet the me. He catches Aj and throws them back. Agies were fully fun. The speed and then punch oh, and then just picked and through. So yeah, there's a couple of times Punk was a little behind on.
Speaker 3: I did kind of feel like just I rewatched this match earlier and there was a couple of times where I spotted where it looked like Punk was not fully in tuned with the match, And I think.
Speaker 2: That is all because this was AJ's.
Speaker 3: First match, and I think he was like legitimately a reveling in his wife and her return, but also at times being like, ooh, that kind of looked like horror pump, you get over there, you get over there, because there were times where he broke character on a couple of moments where she did something nice and you look over and he's like, yeah, that's my girl.
Speaker 1: Like that moment though, when they when when Becky tapped and they had the shotgun on the table like eccelerating, that was really it was good stuff, you know, And that's where probably just nervous effect of like, sure they've tagged and done this before, but this is a whole different scenario.
Speaker 3: Their husband and wife, that's husband, jacket and everything else. Like, yeah, it was it was fun. The double submission spot was fun. Aj doing her submission on both of them, getting them both into the Black Widow, and then you know, rolling through there like that was fun. So it was just it was a good fun match, and you know, I enjoyed it, but yes, I will. My biggest criticism to your point is punk no selling. Like the slaps and stuff from Becky. It made sense the night that aj Lee returned because hey, I know I've got back up, so I just got to sit here and take this for a bit. But in that match, again, she's a former woman champion, she's the man. She has wrestled and gone toe to toe with men before. Like her her hits and her slaps should make you feel some type of way protect This isn't big show giving you a w m D. But this is also this is this is someone giving you a nice little slat.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so no, I no, I agree. I wish they did a little bit of that, but yeah, that's should should have went on last still to my opinions that the crowd was rocking the most. It was into it, and you know, uh, I suppose to anything more say on the mixed Tank.
Speaker 4: Uh No, Like you said, I wouldn't even be opposed that they just ran this back in like extreme rules or like a table smatch or something like that. I'd be okay with that. But I do think they're gonna go into the the a j Lee and uh and Becky Feud. I do wonder what Punk does in the meantime, because obviously sets gonna be with the Cody and just doing stuff with Becky.
Speaker 5: I don't really know what Punk is is up to.
Speaker 1: When you were talking about and obviously he's not Australian. But I would not even put a bass in that they do scene in Punk versus the bronz Ands or the Bronze I like to me, I could see that just as a and that could also be war games because what's after Survivor series? What's that pay per view? Is that?
Speaker 2: Do we got one more of that event?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Because because that used to be TLC time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what my mind always thinks that there's a December pay per view. So because you have to blow off Seth and Punk at some point, like you have to finally blow it off. You have to be done with this for like a good couple of years, and that's a tough thing. If they do what we've pitched at Brock and Seth and Rumble, Like I think there's a good chance that Punk and Seth could be at Rumble as well, Like that could be the final blow off.
Speaker 4: Or you could do it like whatever, because I assume like whatever, like the day one raw could be right, like maybe do like just like a full year like they do like the last match on like the first ROUW.
Speaker 1: That'd be cool. Yeah, that'd be cool. And make it a fucking arm and match and make Punk do sixty and see what happens. I want to see it. Man, Hey, you know, I like when you get I know some people don't like when he gets I don't mind like the match goo through when he gets slopped because to me, I buy that tired O'bviously, the spots last night were a little bit different, but yeah, day one, that can happen. They just have to blow it off because I just feel like that's not the WrestleMania match. Even though I think, like we've talked about before. Unless it's awesome, I really don't know what the punk mania matches like felt maybe you find another couple that agent punkin face off with, you know, like who's who's another couple we got like you can always well, remember we've pitched, right, we pitched punk and down before, so you could always do live in domin a j and Punk. So there's some other stuff you could do. But uh, yeah, I'll see and then yeah, but me event enjoy the match was good. I just like I said, I think this should not gone on last I could hear there's a few booze for Cody and I just I just worry they're gonna they're gonna, like fully seen a Roman him that they're gonna keep They're gonna make people bored of Cody and I and I don't think they should do that. I think last night was a good match. I liked the story of him being hurt so getting through it. I just felt like even the ways we booked it, as surprised that he just yeah, he just hit crossroads on I know Drew was her and there's a turn buckle, but he just he just beat him. So I I.
Speaker 2: Don't know why.
Speaker 4: This is like the first like Kevin Owans match, like the one he had in Berlin where it was just like kind of like through outside stuff but not really outside stuff. He won because that one, the story of that one was like Cody gets like injured in that match or like cave favorite. It was pretty much the same thing going in where he was like injured and like Kevin Owans could have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that like that closed the show though, right, that opened the show? Sure, yeah, and that that to me was just it's all about placed when I just I don't know. I'm just wondering how it's gonna go. The Age one felt better and just yeah, we didn't get a surprise. I'm down for that. I really wanted Drew to win just because he's my guy. I just think that now because he had that long run, there should be a couple more chases. Maybe that will happen. But uh, same thing. I'm curious see what's gonna happen. We're getting close and close to Romanian season. But I'm very excited for Seth and Cody. But yeah, this match was good to me. This was like a solid like three point seven five. I couldn't get to the four I gave it. Yeah, that's where I am like three point seventy five. Good match, some good storytelling. Drew's always a delight. I love Drew Man, Like they've cooled him off, but he has such good characters stuff. The other time I knew he was losing two is when they did the title and he fucking like caressed him like, oh, he's for sure not winning it now like that, because that's such a heel move to be like, oh, look at me.
Speaker 4: Think I know there was one match like recently, I'm trying to remember what it was where like the person like touched the title and then they actually did end up winning.
Speaker 1: Oh really, do you ever think of that?
Speaker 4: You know, it definitely happened, And I was like it happened. I was like, oh, well they're not.
Speaker 1: Winning now, but reverse psychology good.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah. No.
Speaker 3: So with this match, like wrestling wise out of w W paper vs. Not counting the Night as Ault, just out this card out of wrestled Polue, I would say this was the second best wrestling match, but it wasn't the second best match. Second best wrestling match, just not the second best match. I did joke with some of my friends when they're like, oh, Cody wants another one.
Speaker 2: I was like, well you got us. Send the people home happy I go.
Speaker 3: You started off on a high, you had the aj Lee return, then you had the step and you make Man moment. Now you finished with Cody. It just skyrockets going up. But my my only parts about this that just seemed a little bit off was what there was the moment with the referee sliding out the ring and then sliding back in, and Drew is all pissed about that, and I'm just like, again, yeah, this is this is where life. A guy is coming at you full steam. Why wouldn't you drop out and roll out the ring? That it's made not a sense.
Speaker 1: Using the commentary table as a weapon is not like a four Like we just had a match where two wrestlers, like four wrestlers were using as weapon. I get what I think they're trying to do is well, last time he did the goody really hurt him. But it's like, well whatever fuck Like.
Speaker 4: That on SmackDown like two weeks ago, when like like Randy lost to Drew because he was gonna he was gonna like actually do the punt kick and then the referee was like whoa, that's like a band move and Hoorn's like what and then the referee moved out of the way and then Drew Claymourdom.
Speaker 1: And one, Yeah, it's weird. There's two in a row that the Drew really likes the referee.
Speaker 5: It was the same referee.
Speaker 1: Interesting, you know, I'd be completely fine they did that because.
Speaker 3: We go the whole Brad Maddox thing with the screwball referee or who else did they do it with Scott Armstrong was like the corporations or not the corporate the authorities referee.
Speaker 1: Or even like I love this and they do that a little bit in aw with Rick Knox, right, like he kind of like is easier on the bugs. But I love they did that with Charles Robinson back there with Brick Flair, right because he was a little nate. Yeah when Rick would break the rules, Oh well, they're kind of friends, so that's why he lets them do it. So like I would love if this Drew's like this fucking ref you know, because give him the spot that Bronca where he needs to the ref Like I love the Drew, just claymore a ref.
Speaker 2: That refs trying to fuck on me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like and it's so I love when non wrestlers take the F five because like we just saw it this week. Corey Great, I'm happy you can take bumps. That's awesome. He took a bump the ret when he picked up that red the reference like he had he like lost gravity. He was like where the fuck, Like just go flat, Brock will pick you up. But he was like he almost fucked up the f FI for Brock just and luckily Brock's like strong as a fucking ox, but it's like just honker over, but they have no idea what to do with like why are your arms like this, He's gonna throw out You're gonna break an arm, Like what are you doing? It's just like tuck it, man, Yeah, like just lay flat and take the bump.
Speaker 4: There's one where like, uh like Brock gave him in the F five and it was like the softest, like fairly anything.
Speaker 1: I kind of remember that because I feel like it was really anti climath do what happened? And I was like, oh okay.
Speaker 5: Because it was like a table too, and he just like lately five.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, the table.
Speaker 3: My second issue with this was the hole the Drew mcintare going for the claymore, the legs buckling. It just seemed goofy for two guys who have been putting on a great match. That just seemed like a goofy spot of all, Oh no, my leg buckled, I can't do the run and things.
Speaker 1: Like I love that spot. I liked that one because he just David.
Speaker 3: He's like, but the way that he fell come on that was, Yes, that was some some goofy say that because the one that I've seen people hate the Cody so when he goes to the kicking he like falls down because like I think people just have an obsession with how Cody Rode walks in general.
Speaker 1: But like I was, like, I thought.
Speaker 5: That one was like like good.
Speaker 1: I liked because I thought tore a hammy, like I said last night, was like, oh no, Cody's down. See wrest of them.
Speaker 3: It looks like such a I fell in a banana peel moment.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Yeah, they both had a bit of those, but uh but I mean still bugs me that Trude does the three count for the claymore when he's a fucking heel, Like, why is he doing that? Why I always hated that. I understand why he does it. It's like the sweet Him music, but it just seems goofy in a match like sweet Him music. I don't know. I shouldn't excuse either because it makes no sense. Why are you stomping and.
Speaker 2: Write well, they're tuning up the band.
Speaker 1: Well no, I think the k favorite reason they used to say is when opponent was down, if he stomped on the mat, it would wake them up, like Daisily. That's the kaya reason. But drew counting. If you hear that, anytime I'm rolling on the fuck the ring, I'm not getting up like I will come pin me like I.
Speaker 3: Think Randy Orton did do that. Randy Orton did do He started the count and Randy like got and then he just fell and rolled out the ring. And it was just like, yeah, yeah, if you're gonna telegraph it for me like that, and you have the entire crowd chanting with the I'm gonna roll out the ring, You're not gonna do.
Speaker 2: This to me again.
Speaker 1: With baby Face, I don't care at all because it's like you're part of Babyface. Your whole stick is like I feed off the people, right, So you want them chanting. But Drew, who like on record, hates the fucking WW universe, why is he wanted them to count with them? But yeah, I think they have a I think there is legitimately a five star match potential there. It's just a question of if we get or It reminds me of Becky and Lyra, where I thought their last one was gonna be that, but then we got those Bailey Shenanigans and didn't really go that route. That's always my worry with Randy. Like I think Cody and Ran. People might think I'm dumb, but like I think Cody and Drew could have like a match to your candidate with the story and the right stip and the right situation. But I don't know. I think there's gonna be a lot of stuff going on. But so I hope, yeah, they run it back and I don't know. And like I said, I would love it if Drew Runner. I'm still not opposed to what you pitched us both someone doing the triple threat and that's how Randy wins, That's how we get to Cody and Randy at Mania. Like I I I take Cody and Randy as a great like option and I've always said before even if they don't Maine event the show, that's fine because Cody's main invented like WrestleMania thirty nine, forty one, both nights, forty or forty both nights. Like he's at forty. He can take a like Roman, he can take like a break he doesn't have. Well Roman actually hasn't taken a break the triple threat, right, but like him and Randy could open a fucking WrestleMania and have a hot match, you know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they they don't need the Roman going six main events of WRESTLEMANI in a.
Speaker 2: Row or whatever it was. Yeah, they they can.
Speaker 1: He's still on the streak. He it hasn't. I think the last time he hasn't made event WrestleMania is when he fought Drew, actually when he came back from cancer. I think ever since then, whether it's the Night one or actually he's been the COVID Yeah exactly. Yeah, I'll astix because he would have been with Goldberg, right, he would been spearing Goldberg all over the place. But like, I think that, like he still has that streak going. I think he's gonna again too. I think like because obviously him and Seth could be a viable option this year.
Speaker 3: And I do want Drew to get a championship win outside of the COVID area with fans and to hold it for a while. And you know what, even have him running once he's championed, have him running back with see him Punk, because I think they had some bangor room matches. Now do it with the title on the line, like.
Speaker 1: And they still never did Drew, Seth and Punk. How they never did that triple threat is beyond me.
Speaker 2: Which would be an absolute banger.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's there's so many options while still keeping Cody strong. But yeah, overall, good match, five match, fun match, second best wrestling match, jess it. I agree that the AJ match should have finished off the show. Give her that moment, give her the confetti, give her the fireworks, give for everything to truly send the crowd home happy.
Speaker 1: And even that it was just the more like hype match for the crowd, Like that was just like that had the people going.
Speaker 3: You know, it was like, all right, we're done celebrating and here's the Undertaker for a weird Hall of Fame segment.
Speaker 1: So I will say it. I think I've said on psych or here, but in case I haven't. My conspiracy theory is they put in tributes last year and they're putting Stephanie in this year so they can get rid of at any point and they're like, oh, we got bring back for the whole of Fame, they're already in. I'm telling you, I don't think it's happening, but I'm just saying that's my conspiracy theory for why they're going in the Hall of Fame right now, because the fact it's not Sena is a little a little odd. No Batista still like we're still waiting everything, but uh, yeah, that was It's odd to do it so early in the year. I know people.
Speaker 4: I think someone said, like, is this the earliest one ever? And apparently there was like one like a like a very long time ago that was like but even then that one.
Speaker 5: Was like, this was a month earlier than even that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to see earliest.
Speaker 3: I feel like with both Brunos San Martino and with Ultimate Warrior, those were announced pretty early, but both of those were like big lunchpin moments, Like Ultimate Warrior coming Back was around the release of the game, so it's like a little bit after that in the late October time. Bruno San Martino was a big deal, so they annown said, you knew who the headliner is.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling that this year's headliner might be Sena, so you finish him out this year's there's there's no.
Speaker 5: I don't think's going in.
Speaker 4: But you could have like Seena Inductor or something like that.
Speaker 3: No, you've already said that Undertaker's going to Inductor, he said, he said, I'm it's.
Speaker 1: My announce I don't think he's actually inducting her. I don't get me wrong.
Speaker 5: So you can give another forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be triple h or I know people are gonna think I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: Here comes the money.
Speaker 1: No shame, No, I think I would not surprise me if it's fucking Vince. I like, don't get like because people are gonna be like, well, it's his daughter and something special, or or her mom. I think Linda is a better option because she's been at w W event, she's been the whole fame after all this stuff.
Speaker 2: That's what I'll say. I bet it's gonna be fucking the American education.
Speaker 1: Well, she's gonna take five minutes out of her time to go in doctor Doll. I mean to say it's Linda.
Speaker 3: But I would everyone go read a book that night at your last opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I think it's gonna be I think it's gonna be Linda. In my opinion, they could be triple h because.
Speaker 5: You know, of course he would.
Speaker 1: Of course he would. But yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: So his music playing not hers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything else non or anything else WD. Really we haven't hit upon yet. No, I don't think so Okay, so yeah we will. Like I said, I think what we're gonna do is either we will we'll see.
Speaker 5: The dream is like a month or a week after it's eighteenth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So do you have one request for all the aw executives who I know are listening now that we have Stephanie ve Kira's champion and we have n Italia on raw, give me Natty.
Speaker 2: Stop giving it to Mexico. I want to see it. Have her fight the chilain say.
Speaker 4: And in my opinion, like people are overhyping the Natty gimmick, like she literally I would say, like what I would. What else saying before is like she wrestles the exact same, just with the serious face on, but she does.
Speaker 2: But the comment the commentary, actually the commentary gives her respect though.
Speaker 4: Like she still does like the smile, Like she puts on the sharp Shooter and she still does the smiling paper she wrestles. She is the exact same character. This character is so much where she is the exact No.
Speaker 2: It's it's more it's more of.
Speaker 3: The respect that she gets as that character rather than her wrestling style. Yes, her wrestling style does stay the same, but it's more of the respect that they give her, not only from a commentary but also a presentation aspect, which is something.
Speaker 1: I think that biggest argument on the Gimmick is about over Anatty Knight. Are you know what an episode? But yeah, I know I I have heard what I see both sides, because I think Dave's right with the presentations there. But I have seen the memes of she puts in the sharp shooting like yeah, maybe, and it's the spot so like she should yeah, she should pull back a little bit to get there. I'm down dated.
Speaker 4: I've liked her in like blood Sport more than like just like normal wrestling matches, Like I think she does cooler stuff there. Yeah, so I don't know they should bring you know, call up Lola Ice the main roster so you can do the underground.
Speaker 1: Haven't managed by Josh Barnett. He finally makes his big ridge between AW and WW was.
Speaker 5: He came out with Goldberg your own.
Speaker 1: What a what a fairing? Oh God? Well anyway, so yeah, we'll see what happens there. Now we move on to All Out. I thought all that was a great show. I think it was better than for Bin Door. I think it's other than AW. I think like All In or some of their bigger shows where it's like it's a long show, but almost every match is matt like a big big match. There's yes, multiple matches on this card. You could cut and make a dynamite main event, a collision made event. I think that's just always unfortunately gonna be a calm with a like That's why unless it to those big shows and unless every match is a you know, three point seventy five and up, then I you know, because something like All into Me that was like a five out of five show. Even if not all the matches were great, it all fell I had a purpose, a story was meant to be there with this is at least three I'm looking at you could cut and some are after the fact, right, Like for me, it's like Money and Rio. Once we saw the quality, it's like, yeah, that didn't need to be here. You know, I would rather fuck again not none. We don't need the multi woman tag all the time. Like that is like a like what I would have done is take Tekla out of the foreway and let her and Queen Amnada had like the weapons match on this show and sat Amona and Rio. You know, like there is changes I would make, But I digress that. I think this was a really fun show for the big stuff. I think they delivered a lot. Toronto was hot for the most part, and uh yeah no, this was.
Speaker 4: A like people like the crowd was like weird, especially I mean people are pointing out for like the women's matches.
Speaker 5: They were like pretty silent the time.
Speaker 1: I heard that about Money on Rio. But it's like I wouldn't have been getting hyped for this, like Rio was not. I had not seen the match that she had had on Dynamite or whatever, but I had heard about because I missed that dynamond I had heard that it was not a good match, and when I was watching here, it's like money was carrying her the entire time. In my opinion, it was. It was really tough, So I guess you're right, SUPs. I meant for maybe the bigger stuff that was happening, like the thumb Tacks match. The crowd was going because the Thumbtacks, but it's just like they added to like the oh Osie Edge and Christian was there the main event they were hot for, so that's where But I agree then, yeah, the Woman's four way. I think also that was to me kind of like a it was good but it's clunky. Yeah, it was aw, that's what's like. I think they did quiet down. But for me, it's like I wasn't surprised when they did quiet down. I guess you know, I'm.
Speaker 3: I'm not really getting the hype behind THEKLA, not to the degree that Bandwagon over getting pushed like she is always in these crazy positions and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just like, she's.
Speaker 2: She's good.
Speaker 1: But I was because all i'd heard about people complaining about see I'm on the opposite that I don't think the problems those aren't good. But her in the ring, I think she's really dynamic. I like her I don't think last night was a best showing for really anybody. But yeah, what do you think of the show over all day before? Because we're getting in the single match, so we'll do a show and then we'll get back to the four way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there there are There's two matches that I think could have been cut and two more matches that I think could have been augmented, not only in the time but also the participants that would have just made the show.
Speaker 1: That's what he's augmented.
Speaker 3: Not necessarily techling, but I mean the ending Hangman and Kyle Fletcher, they gave an amazing MATCHMN and those dead eyes like had me really wondering about Fletcher. I'm like, is he okay? Especially the one through the table, I'm like, is he all right? His head bounced where he just got robbed.
Speaker 1: He's like, everyone complains I'll be hurting people, so please hurt me tonight, hang Man, So you do the buck shot afterwards, and he kind of lands awkwardly on the side of his shoulder. At that point, I'm like, well, that didn't break his neck. This obviously broke his collar Bone'm like, my man is is going through it all? But I'm very happy that they they just let those guys go and they didn't find any weird shenanigans, any unannounced new member of the don Kallis family that's gonna do anything.
Speaker 3: He just yeah, I know he's not one of ours. We can't be in trouble type deal. Like, they just let him have an incredible match and so that that that was really good. As much as I thought that m Jeff was gonna win his match him Mark Briscoe Winnings, they put on a damn good match. And I love the ending of that, just the you've been talking shit on me and my fan, I am.
Speaker 2: Gonna put you away.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think it had a great start, a good medal, a great end. It was just some other tidbits in there that I think for having fourteen matches overall. And I also like why Tony knowing everything that has happened during the last two years. I get the the insight joking of it all, but why name part of your pre showed the brawl out and.
Speaker 1: All out excepting it. Man, Just no, just no, I'm just surprised. I have the bucks on there, you know, like that, that to me was the key to do it. But just named the ladder match the brawl out exactly. You know, so what we asked because I think you watched most of until.
Speaker 5: The most of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't see the ladder match, and then I saw like the second half of like Edge and Christian. Yeah, like I didn't see the very start of it. But yeah, I enjoyed the show overall. I think from what I did see, I thought, Yeah, I liked all the matches pretty much.
Speaker 1: I have to think we are you on the techlast side of things?
Speaker 5: You're switching an opinion.
Speaker 3: I don't know, how do you feel about techla versus Natty? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the w W a W dream show and that's.
Speaker 3: In an old school Lions didn't Matchamrock special guest referee.
Speaker 1: Where is Shamrock? Why have they not brought him back from anything? He's in the games, he's on the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Yet you know we're I think he was like talking match shit recently, so that that may be why.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna be in two K twenty six.
Speaker 5: I guess, yeah, i'd have to think. I don't know what my my favorite match was.
Speaker 1: You're King Moxley in the coffin.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I don't know, because then that one, like like they did go like I said in the discord, like right when I said, like, well, I was expecting it to be crazier they brought out like the fork and stuff. But even then, like with the ending and stuff, which is like pop and the Death Riders coming out, I still felt like it needed something more. But now seeing that they're probably gonna have a rematch, I imagine that Scot would be.
Speaker 2: So just say some of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I guess I'd say my favorite one was probably like the dumb text match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they're just saving something. And again that was weird because's like no one in the roster's gonna come help this dude, like they're gonna maybe murder him. And it's like I hate storylines where it's all the whole company hates this faction. But then when it's like they're doing something, Nah, we can't do anything, it's just like it's just two pay per views in a row of that, And then the ending Forbidden Door where they're killing the osprey and they could climb the fucking cage where they just let him die, it's just like you babyfaces, suck man, you all suck, You're awful, like the death rights deserve to kill you all. It's just dumb.
Speaker 4: It's dumb stuff like there was a segment with mox and Darby after Yes, just because I didn't miss that, Like what happened.
Speaker 1: There, it's so dumb. So they go back to just pulling the coffin, yeah, the coffin, and then they get in the truck like everybody but mocks like just leave me here with him?
Speaker 3: And who are these sixteen year olds in a small town high school, like everyone jumping in the back of the pick up pack just.
Speaker 2: It is, so they had to because there's so many members.
Speaker 1: Now they leave him, and then of course once the truck pulls away, that's when Darry pops up and starts beating. He has like a wrench and he's being up Moxley. And then he put Moxley in a body bag. He sprayed a gasoline and then lit on fire, and Moxy's like, oh and then guys.
Speaker 3: Immediately yeah, immediately to.
Speaker 1: Me, that's where it's like, I get I don't think it was live live, but that's where it's like, do something more cinematic, like to make it like look like he's on fire for a little longer. But that's why I think they're gonna have like a fireball match, or they might do an exploding barb wire match like they legitimately I think they because once you introduce the fire I feel like that's just they're gonna go that route and hopefully, like the thing about the Omega Moxley match, it actually was really good up until the ending. The ending really screwed it over. That was the first blunder eight of you ever had, But the match itself is good. So I think they're gonna do that and just make sure their pyro is on lock for this match, like test it up multiple times, multiple times, and at that point just have like tn T with you and just throw it if it doesn't go off, you know, like this has to be big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And going back to the first exploding barbar match, when that didn't go off, I was like, man, they missed an incredible opportunity to like cut to Tony Kahan in the back like messing around with something and pretending like I stop this because I don't I know you agreed to this, but I don't want my wrestlers hurt.
Speaker 1: No, they just we're just cut the black and let all we couldn't show you like that's what they cut the blacklay the.
Speaker 5: Mess up player?
Speaker 4: Is that like, because I think I forget who like some people like run out immediately and.
Speaker 3: Like Eddie Kingston runs out and in carry's no because.
Speaker 4: Because Eddie's the one in the ring, and so the issue that that came up is like he's in the ring and he like honestly like he was like covering I think was it. Yeah, so honestly he did see that it like didn't go off correctly, so he's like.
Speaker 5: He's selling it.
Speaker 4: But then like people immediately ran out to play it, like, oh, it didn't go off, so they go and help him. He's still selling like he died. And when it didn't go off, I don't know why I couldn't just have, like I don't know, done some different camerang once it didn't go off.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, it's all retrospect too, right, because you probably that's probably last thing you're thinking about, Like, even if it goes off, it's not gonna look like this because the other stuff was working right when they're hitting. So it's like I think they just thought, ah, it's all good and then of course just these little pew fireworks. But yeah, I just like kind in.
Speaker 4: Fight Forever, there's like there's like a cheet code, like an upuff Downtown ab type thing to make do that before you pick the game ode and it does like the the Sparklers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were they were smart. The next Wednesday they made Callous and Kenny Omega meme it like that's the classic sixty nine me Dawn, like all this stuff, Like they were smart. But then that's again where I wish they were smart with the punk stuff, because where the punk hat stuff happened, they all became like corporate all hoity toy businessman. It's like, when did you guys used to handle like your his fuck ups and stuff. You used to make jokes and used to like make money off it, But not that time.
Speaker 3: But at Michael Nakazawa pouring himself with baby oil because of the whole slip thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I don't know how much more I need. Like I was ready for this to be the match where Darby kills Mosley gets the wind and we move on and then you start do drama with the death Riders. I don't need this to go on any longer. Really, I'm not saying you had to disband the Death Riders because I think so. I like the Garcia stuff. Also, be to talk about that he officially turned heel. I hate his gear. There's just like the Jim shorts. He looks like a geek like, he looks like a loose like that guy. Luckily he's a heel. You're not getting over wearing that stuff. You're not seeing Punk in roh okay. Only he could do the fight choice. That's like, it doesn't work, you expect. The only time it can work is if you are a Deacon Batista looking motherfucker. Daniel Garcia is just a really in shaped tone guy, and that's fine, but you can't be wearing Jim short And that was always knocking Punk, right. But Punk had this huge personality, the bleach plumb like, he had a fucking look to him, where Daniel Garcia is the like white meat heel like pretty much.
Speaker 3: You know, when Punk started off with the Jim shorts, it was more he looked like, I'm the guy who is just here to wrestle, Like I can't afford all the fancy gear, the Tyson things like that.
Speaker 2: This is what I got.
Speaker 3: I got some fucking Jim shorts and some cheap ass elbow pass.
Speaker 1: Which back then I do not like in those shorts, I do not It just does not work for me. I've never made a call with those shorts like it just it looks. It looks like at any point in the middle of the match, if you're about to lose, like you just fucking pants you and then roll you off like and I would do that as a heel. But uh so I like that. I like that dynamic. I'm fine what they're doing with the riders. I just don't need dark. I just worry Darby Mos is gonna go on for like three to six more months, like four a lot longer, you know, Like Darby's gonna climb out Everes again and they're gonna kill them, you know. So let's see we go back to the four way. Yeah, because we're talking about that this and this is the thing where it took down points for me too as far as half with the win. Just weird decision where they do the four way. So it's just Tony Tecla, Jamie Hayne or Chris Statlander. Chris Statlander gets the win really at nowhere I thought, yeah, the match was just kind of fine, just like something was off, maybe the I don't know if they got I don't. I doubt in aw at her time cut, but it felt like it felt like a match where it's like, hey, you guys had twenty, you got fifteen, soorry like and that happens all the time, right, but I doubt that happen. It just I'm all we talked about this. I think on the prediction, I think we're all down for Tony losing here. But to do the classic, well, she didn't get pinned, and that's the story, to have her be the one get pinned. I'm least they are turning Tony back to like the old school Hollywood Tony storm where she turns heel and she goes nuts. I don't know why, like half Statland or get that in a one on one then you know, like I did not like that. We went through Monett through Athena and it's just this like quick like bridge pin and that gets her. So I like sneak pins. Don't get me wrong, but for Statlander finally to win her first ever aw World title this way felt very anti climentic, like this could have been a moment. This could have been like a you know, Top ten women's aw moment, but just kind of out of nowhere. So I love stat Landard's great that she has a title, maybe she has a contract coming up to and Tony knows that the Fed's gonna be after because I've said before that Statlander hater should go.
Speaker 5: Outside of Eddie and bake Bill. This was the shortest match.
Speaker 2: Again, it was super Shorty. It was under ten minutes, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: I got the seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Mone and Rio got sixteen. Come on there.
Speaker 2: It felt short.
Speaker 3: And this is one of those that I would have augmented just a little bit. And the fact that if you are going to have her pin Tony Storm and be the new champion, that should be a one on one crowning match. The only reason to do the fatal four way is to have either someone else take the pen or you know, to take her out of the equation altogether. And then Tony continued to be who she is. But if you're just gonna do hey, this is stat Lander's crowning achievement, you did not. And the other participants, as much as I like one and a half of the other participants, It was not not something that needed to needed to happen there. You could have just done a one on one. You didn't need all four and yeah, just just have them go Like I like Jamie Hater, but it wasn't.
Speaker 2: This wasn't really a match for her, yea was there.
Speaker 1: The weird thing with Hater is they've never played this up at all. When Hater got injured, they did the storyline where what the hell was riot and page what were they again?
Speaker 5: The outside the outcast something?
Speaker 1: So they did the storyline where they beat Jimmy Hayter up backstage, so that Tony Storm when there hit a couple of storm zeros and beat her right, it was injury thing where Hayter still accept the match. To me, I'm not saying you had to make Hater full heal, but the story is there that, hey, it doesn't matter, you're a baby face now. A long time ago, you fucked me over like I you had to cheat to beat me, and I never really lost that title clean. They've either mentioned it or just great like, oh, well, you know back and it's like, no, that should be a moment where it's like I don't care if the crowd loves you. You fucked me over like everyone and I like that. I think they could have done more at that. But that's where it's like Hater did have the urgency to be in this match, they just didn't give it to her. They didn't explain that storyline that and to me, that's I thought what they were gonna go. I thought they were gonna flip Hater back to heel because she would lose this and would be like fuck this person, like they keep they keep making me lose and I should never lost. But it's just Statlander. And what bugs me about Statlander is they did the same thing with her and Jade, where Jade I can't remember David who she versed, but it was a pay per view and Jade was like the longest reign TVST champion. She had a match and then after she's like, if anybody else back there in the wear like the warehouse, the longer room things they could beat me, step up, and Chris Lander came out, hit a couple moves and finish her and beat her. So they did like a cash in and it was like why and it would like to protect Jade, but then guess what happened with Jade she came back, she wrestled Chris Statlander, and then she fucking left, so you didn't have to protect her at all. So it's like two times with Statlander when she's had her big moments, it's like, it's weird she doesn't have like that moment like that, like hanging at it all in like wow, she finally did it. Like it's just super super odd, even though I like Statlander, right, So I don't know. I really don't know. And we've bitched about this before. I wish they just kept Statlander heal them the heel winning this way. It would have worked if she would have grabbed the tights or something, because they had something cooking with Statlander as a heel. She beat Will Niney on that like whatever weapons match, and she was she was really working and then like yeah, she's a bay face again. It's just whoever is booking?
Speaker 5: And see I.
Speaker 4: Think that that Chris or the Chris and Jade and the Tony and Jamie like angles were on the same show, because I just really that's because it's double double or nothing.
Speaker 2: Who did you?
Speaker 4: Twenty three she fought Ti a valkyrie. No, they're literally there one there, one, there one match apart, like it says Tony Ruby, soho uh, and Soriah defeats Jamie Hayter in three minutes for the title. Then there's a House of Black Trios match. Oh that's the one where where Max Caster said a Buddies being cooked by Dominic And then after that, yeah, and then after that you have Jade defeats Taia and then Chris defeats Jade in.
Speaker 1: Fifty seconds pay per view.
Speaker 4: This is like the infamously bad like this one has, like the Adam Cole versus Jericho match.
Speaker 5: Else four Pillars match.
Speaker 1: I like that match. I'm a defender.
Speaker 4: That the anarchy and the Yeah match, I'm actually defender of the Pillars.
Speaker 1: I I enjoyed the Pillars match, and it's MGF kind of being like a comedy champion. But I'll defend that.
Speaker 4: Those those like angles were on literally the same show, like one match apart.
Speaker 1: So yeah, again, that always just has to be one of aw's weakest thing, right. They got a lot of talent, but the women they have an issue with booking sometimes. But we'll go back.
Speaker 4: So what do you think this is this important announcement from Tony Kahan.
Speaker 5: Because some of the speculation.
Speaker 4: I've seen it's like either like the women's tag titles or they're announcing like a women's Continental.
Speaker 1: Class give me the CC for sure. I've also seen people talking about being a men's tag SEC, which I don't want, but people just talk about because there's so many men's tag team right now.
Speaker 4: Also, the same people like Tony like announces like that, like Revolution twenty twenty seven, like the counter Show for like that.
Speaker 3: He talked about, Oh yeah, Tony doesn't always have a good.
Speaker 4: Track record with announced sinse was like tickets were all in, are on sale, and it was just like a backstage segment.
Speaker 1: It's tough because he did stop doing them, so I think they realized, hey, this isn't People are getting too hype for what they think.
Speaker 2: So he hasn't, especially after the Christian Cage thing.
Speaker 3: Now that that ended up working out pretty well, but at the time, so he hyped that we've got this new signing.
Speaker 2: It is a Hall of Famer. He's gonna change.
Speaker 3: Quality because he's all it's the biggest thing, like, oh, it's like we've got someone we're bringing him in.
Speaker 1: And this was before the punk he came back. Lot of people were.
Speaker 2: And everyone was like, who could it be?
Speaker 3: Future Hall of Famer feature, this all these great things, and then it it's Christian Case and he comes out, he looks, he does the he signs his contract, and then he.
Speaker 1: Walks right back to the was in the minority as I'm a massive vegan Christian fan. I was fucking hype, but yeah, Twitter did not share my sentiment. I was like just Christian. But like they said, it end up working out because Christian Case became one of their best heel characters of all time for that.
Speaker 3: But it was weeks of We've got this future Hall of Famer coming, it's gonna change everything about And it was around the time that the elite were like starting to get into their heel stuff and Kenny was getting into his heels stuff and he's like, we've got someone who's gonna come in and he's gonna turn aw round and bubb blah and yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Like the John Morrison a W debut because like the Titan sewn pops on it says like Johnny elite and even the AW account tweeted like Johnny Gargano.
Speaker 1: Is, Yeah, that was that was brutal. That was brutal all over because it was Gargano, which you could argue maybe should have made the jump, and brutal because like anytime John Morrison's on my screen, I turned the channeled off. Most one of overweight wrestler of all time, top five over a wrestler of all time. I remember when this fucking guy was John Morris and Pele were saying, he's a next Shawn Michaels. Give me a break, man. This guy he can flip, that's what he can do. He flipped, and he has great apps. He has fantastic.
Speaker 3: Definition of a spot monkey. They talk about like the young fucks and things like that.
Speaker 2: No, he is.
Speaker 3: He's there for the spots, He's there for the moment outside of that. Like I've never thought, man, this is a legitimate contender.
Speaker 1: I mean, two thousand and nine to twenty eleven, people are pushing this guy like he's the fucking next Messiah. I never understood it. I just never never got it. Just oh yeah, but yeah. Back to Afley mentioned Christian cage. There you had a Christian cage and Cope, I don't know what the hell they're called themselves. It's Christian Edge Christian FTR and I said this last gimmick and I'm happy was this an Ald timer? No, this reminded me of the Mixed Tag where they did some wrestling, but then the back half's just a lot of fun spots, counters Beth stokely and funny, the same thing. Like near the end they started doing like spots with the announced table this like it was here really similar what was going on? But to me, I said, all I need this to be is like a four out of five and Edge is not completely washed. And guess what, my friends, Edge is not completely washed. Now he should probably stay in the tag division. I said, there's a couple like Omega Swerve mgff. There's a few more singles, but to me, you can do like a fun semi moment cinematic match there they there's a good time and I was actually kind of happy. Sounds bad, but I was happy when they all drove Beth because like I think, I'm down for them to do a couple like a series of these with different STIPs and everything. So I enjoyed this a lot as a great opener and I I had lots of fun with this. I'm happy he was because I were there. It could have been Moxley like there's a world where this is a two yeah, because people were talking about Ed was like no, no, no, he's still He's still the one.
Speaker 5: Who was like yeahs and Adam.
Speaker 1: That was that was probably next to Omega my most anticipated EDGE match, because he killed it with Roman, he killed it with Seth and I'm like, oh, I wish he met Max like two years earlier, like when Max wasn't.
Speaker 4: Like like like now, yeah exactly, like just the wrong time.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'll run it back with the Edge and Christian versus the Death Writers. But no, this was just like a fun oprah. That's all. It wasn't That's what I need to be in. I do hope that Beth is actually signed. I don't think she is, but i'd like to see her wrestle like a couple people. But uh, we didn't even get her versus Ria one on one, so I don't even know if she's that interest in doing much wrestling other than the odd you know, mixed tag here and there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the appearances or you know, coming in and helping out a little bit is all I really see her doing. I I will say that FCR were the perfect opponents for this returning as in Christian because they have the old school wrestling feel when the match needs to slow down, they could do it and it would work. Okay, we're gonna get into the technical aspect of it. Like they were separating Christian from getting back to the corner and they were using old school just tag team to.
Speaker 1: Lose eight nineties type of rep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think that that worked because a those you're slowing down with the moves and the time between moves, so that's giving Edge time to catch his breath, I mean Christian time to catch his breath. And then once they do get the tag and things like that, Edge comes in, he comes in hot before again they FGR takes back control and it's given now Christian time to be on the outside catch his breath, and it never looks like there is a break in the action because this is how these moves work. This is how these mechanics work for these guys. So yeah, they were the perfect him back in. I will say, out of everything, you've got people singing Copeland's theme song, you got all these moments, but the crowd chanting no host to Stokely and that he's our father to Christian.
Speaker 1: Yes, sure did they already make a Christian father shirt? If not, they should have at this point.
Speaker 3: I am just the fact that even as the baby face of this, his heel tactics or his smug asshole nature is still getting over it is just great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't talk about it. We talked about a little bit, but I've they talked about in some interview where they thought that was a fun dynamic. And I actually like that Christian is just still fucking screw your dad, Christian, like because that's what we always said, like it would feel very odd for him to be like.
Speaker 2: Vitu, And yeah, it just didn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't work because the way they set up the story, like Christian was a piece of shit with his state, like there's no way you can redeem the this guy was like making jokes about this guy's dad and banging his mom, Like, hey, I fucked like that. You can't you can't, Like, I don't know. It's just so I'm happy they've done this. And uh, and I think you might get a little bit more babyface now that they beat down Beth. I could see a little bit that dropping. But that makes sense storyline wise now, right, because like, hey, you know you put your hands on my best friend's wife, Like, you can't do that, even though Joe Christian said he would like sleep with that. It's like this is like a different level right where it's like, yeah, I was just making jokes, but you you actually heard her.
Speaker 3: So I got a you know, so yeah, I put the T shirt in uh our gimmick.
Speaker 2: Group chat of the Christian is my Father t shirt?
Speaker 1: Terrible shirt though, like I would never buy that, but like I'm glad that.
Speaker 4: There's a there's a Nick Queen's Mom shirt out there too.
Speaker 1: The god Any thoughts about the mat chress bubs.
Speaker 4: Uh No, I thought it was a fun time. Yeah, I definitely got the crowd hyped and I enjoyed. Yeah, they're definitely gonna gonna run it back, and yeah, I worked well because because I just said, like he this was obviously teaming with FTR and having a match against them was something he wanted to like and when he was in WW that was like one of the things he wanted to do.
Speaker 1: So all those old timers, they were like offestly because they're all time, but all those guys really like FTR, Like Orton was a big fan because I don't know if you saw they were before FDR didn't sign, they were running with like an ordon FTR group and they're like a faction for like I think like three to four weeks and then they didn't resign. But like even Punk right, Punk's good friends with them, Like you know.
Speaker 4: The story I heard on did you watch the that Tokyo tape video.
Speaker 1: That no I haven't, Actually no, I watched.
Speaker 4: An FTR were talking about specifically the reason how they got their releases actually because of FTR ftr KO because basically they they caught like I forget like some other wrestler in Wa told them, like you know, like a lot of your copyrights are like not copyright, like you can just copyright these yourself before he does. And so they got a bunch of copyrights relating to like Randy or in an FTR type stuff, and they're like, we're not gonna give them back unless you give us our release. So they're like, fine, well, like you like, we'll give you FTR KO and like all this other stuff if you give us a release and we keep FDR o.
Speaker 1: Ces and that makes sense.
Speaker 4: And they got no not compete like they said, they could have shown up on Dynamite like the week of but I think the week they got released was like the week they got the release like themselves was like the week of COVID stuff. They could have shown up like if they wanted to, but they decided to like take two weeks off or something like that, and just then was when COVID hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it was a fun little team. But yeah, because that was the time that Randy Warton was also free agent, and then the rumor was that he was using Tony Kahan to get the price of and then Tony exposed that on Twitter and then they gotten a whole argument, and yeah, it was It was a whole moment where Tony and Randy On are tweeting back and forth at each other, just dropping bombs on each other. But uh, yeah, I think Randy made the right choice. I don't think a W is the don't be wrong. There's some great bangers he would have had in a W, but I think, uh, I think people would have turned on And then yes, yeah, I agree, it would have been like a short, two young, two year contract and you know, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know what he would have been doing, Like who do you have been?
Speaker 3: Like Cody Randy would have popped his shoulder back out of place and stayed home.
Speaker 1: They would have ran that. They would have done Cody and Randy app for sure for like the T and T title, they would have done that. And actually at that point was Kenny heal Champ in COVID, I think, so that's it.
Speaker 3: It was during COVID that ever, it was during the backend of COVID that everything really popped off with him being killed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me let me find out because like that right there.
Speaker 3: Because that was also during the time that the whole h impact stuff happened as well.
Speaker 1: So it ended in two thousand no, so yeah, it was near them, but it ended in twenty twenty one. So right, we were just talking about COVID in December to twenty one, so you know, you would have got a Revolution poster with fucking Kenny Omega inside and RANI on once I they for sure it ran in Kenny's title run. Absolutely, they would have done Randy and Kenny and whatnot, and that would have paid. That would have bang. And that's what I love too that happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish because pre COVID n Yeah, pre COVID, Kenny was losing to Jericho and then going going.
Speaker 1: To the Bucks and him jobbed, and that I agreed with and other people that for the first couple of years of aw A subs like anytime the Bucks and Kenny would job in big matches, they would and they lost a lot, and it was like, dude, you guys, can't you guys gotta stop. Like Kenny lost, ye, he lost Jericho pak and mad like he's losing everything. It was like, what do you do? Like the Bucks lost to the Private Party in the first take team tournament and I was fine that at the time, but then they kept losing, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and then he ended up going on the tag team run with Hangman for a while.
Speaker 1: Which, yeah, that really helped big time because that was a big moment for then. That Bucks match was big. But I think it's just because even Cody, right, he did that match with Jericho that if I lose, I can't challenge for the title. I think they were just all super scared of being the EVPs and everyone fucking hating them by like year on top. But business has shown from the seventies to the nineties even now, so it's like that was usually the smartest thing was like when Dusty was booking, why was he the champ because he knew he was gonna show up. He knew he was a draw, and he knew he didn't have to worry about being like holding himself up. So like that was a mistake. Cody did too. Cody was white hot in AW and they should have never done that for and Cody said that was his idea. That was a mistake. They should have never tooken the title opportunity way because yeah.
Speaker 3: They looked more at it like the Vince Russo or Jeff Jarrett's style of booking, where I'm the bookers from the champion too.
Speaker 1: Right, you know the booker. That was the whole thing of look at Triple H.
Speaker 2: He's damn Nash and Hull Cogan all that other stuff.
Speaker 3: Like I get you not wanted to get to be known in that instance, but man, you're Kenny frickin' Omega. For you to be the inaugural AW champion, no one would have batted an I. You had been tearing it up. It's not like you guys were just some random upstarts. You have been tearing it up in Japan for years. You were a legitimate contender. No one would have batted an I if that was the case.
Speaker 2: This is how you plant your flag.
Speaker 1: We got number thirty entrom the Rumble Jerich was your first ever aw champions We got that coming up. Oh let's see next. We had I have not much say a Kingston, Big Bill a mess, a big mess. Big Bill was not ready for the spot. And I'm not saying it's all in big Bill kinks. And there was times where like that fallaway slam they kept going for is like stop, like they did it twice and it's like either big billion or strong enough or Eddie's non shape enough. It was this felt like a match if I was watching, These guys aren't even ready to be on the main roster. Everyone has a bad day of the office, right but and man, the fish.
Speaker 3: Completely, he completely, I don't care what he missed, like oh he got a little bit of the chin, you know he missed.
Speaker 1: He right, he's doing his best thing. Because that was the end. Like what should have happened is Big Bill should have kicked out and someone should have said do it again, like hit me again? Like it was for all around. How they brought Eddie Kingston back. This was It's not like, oh my god, all Timer, but it's just like, yes, super underwhelming, Like they should have just had him fucking in the Moxie match helped Darby do something. Get a pop there, like the fact that it's there's this Bill up, big Bill out of all people call him out, the match is bad, and then him and Hook come out together as a team. Hooks get no reactions. We don't need this guy. A couple of years ago was versing some Ojoe. You watched that match. That crowd was hot. People were wanting Hook to beat some Ojo for the a W World Championship. This guy gets crickets now from everything that's happened, the theme, how they've booked him, and now it's like Eddie's the mentor, Like this whole second match, bad stuff going on. Oh yeah, he's a spider Man MS. It's like, why is it always some adult watching Peter Parker.
Speaker 3: You know, it made sense when he was a part of Team Task that made sense, But then anything after that, Yeah, you're always under the wing of someone and it's just it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: I will see this.
Speaker 5: I'll hook in the ups.
Speaker 3: Outside of this match, I will say for the show as a whole, because talk about this match made me think about this. Daniel Bryant on commentary is absolutely amazing from a peer, not only from a This is why these moves make sense, This is why wrestler A is doing this, or this is the what's in their mind and things like that, But just from the way that he would get animated about some moves, the way he would, you know, explain various things. He's like, that took my breathway he's like, or that made me think about when this happened to me, and you know, I was having a stinger down my neck for the next three days. Like those those tidbits put such legitimate c on a lot of these matches.
Speaker 2: This match, not so much because.
Speaker 3: It sucked, but like literally this was a one and a half star match, even.
Speaker 1: Though the botch though with him calling that that's a smart thing to be like, oh no, I think he hit him right on the chickens, like Tony should never just said he missed, Like I was like, what the fuck you doing, Tony, Like don't like come on now, but no. And the good thing is Brian he can be entertaining too, Like it's hyperbolic. But if Brian gets a long run, he could be a top three or commentary. He just has everything he his and we all knew that because remember he did the cruiseweight classic back in the day. Who did he do that with? Who's on the booth with him?
Speaker 5: I think it was like like Marrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah that makes sense. It could have been Nigel too, Yeah it could have been, but he was great. Then he just gets a perfect sense. He's respected, so people like believe what he's saying. So yeah, no, he's he's a delight. I'm surprised he's full time. I thought he's gonna take full time pe like PPVs. But the fact he's full time, full time is nuts. And I I do love any time, like we didn't talk about like in the Moxie match and he like fucking like gives him a bag like it's drugs, Like hey, look at this, he like sides and overything goes back to doing his jobs. Like That's why I love You can constantly have these little moments like yeah, I was ready for him. Jeff Bryant too when he was living off and they just go Brian, he says, he's so like Brian's so good, sound like he's gonna get up and start kicking him and that's gonna happen. It's just like they did like the whole trope of somebody getting bullied. Yeah, at one point he's gonna stand up and.
Speaker 4: You know what Box is gonna like, I don't know, like he has like Darby wrapped and like some yeah.
Speaker 1: Or what I've said before. It sounds stupid, but if they ever turned the deaf Ris ever turn on Moxley and they're destroying him, I could see Brian make this say for Maxes like they started to get like, yeah, there, there's he's a good person to have there as five star classic for you. You're saying, I'm drop kick.
Speaker 5: I don't think I even rated this.
Speaker 4: I was like barely paid, Like I literally looked away and like no, Big Bill was down and Edie tops.
Speaker 1: It's like a one point five. In my opinion, this was not good.
Speaker 2: This was Yeah, that's where I have it as as a one point five.
Speaker 1: I want to see what's ranked on drop Kicker, and I don't even know what's on cage match. I'm sure on cage matches.
Speaker 3: The highlight of this was Eddie Kingston's shirt on his entrance, like, and it was all from there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Age has a four point one four point.
Speaker 1: One, and then drop Kicks is a two point one, so it's not like the same. Yeah, yeah, about the same. I was trying to see, there is a cup someone had to meet. There's one five star on Dropkicks. Someone has to be men. That has to be a joke. Let's see. Uh Mark brisco versus mgf Uh. This was more fun than I thought. I was like, what they're gonna do for table tax s? Bubbs, you said perfect the discord that for the first half was just a body slam challenge, and it was great because you have Mark Briscol who's a crazy character and mgf who could just sell anything of what the fuck like all this stuff like it ended up being really good and kudos to these two guys. And because many wrestlers have said, like the thumb tag spot fucking just sucks, it's so the fact that they did like four to six both the thumbag spots. And I love that the ref had the goggles and the.
Speaker 3: Yeah Bryce has the welding gloves all padded up, He's got the goggles off.
Speaker 1: So this felt like it wasn't a comedy match because it did turn, but it felt like it had enough is that it was a comedy match kind of done. Ryan got dramatic, which they've done before like Brisco. Yeah, so no.
Speaker 5: I a wacky yeah, but he can still get serious and I.
Speaker 1: Kind of hope they do. Like an MGFF losing streak for now because David you brought up you didn't pick him because he thought, well, he's not gonna lose twice.
Speaker 4: But even it was like since he lost the title, he can now lose to Britain.
Speaker 5: Yeah was my thinking.
Speaker 1: Plus he should get some come up ands for like the brother jokes or not the joke, but just saying you should die and say your brother and stuff. So but I wouldn't mind if MGFF just like because that's the best thing is he has that contract. He still has a title shot, so he could lose a bunch of be like Okay, I'm gonna cash it in and I could legitimately see the next time his contracts up, them doing like a summer of MGFF of like he's gonna hint that he might be out of there, and that's where it fits of like next week, I'm challenging so and so for that title and if I win, I'm taking Like.
Speaker 4: It's like I think they is like up like in a week and the night after like a week from yes, for the title or something.
Speaker 1: And it would fit because why would Tony call and give that guy a title shot?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, because he has to because that so I would be fine if M Jeff goes a little losing streak now you know, and they.
Speaker 5: Just maybe like like off for a while. I mean I know, because some stuff. And yeah obviously he's.
Speaker 1: In Violent Night too, right yeah, so and they.
Speaker 5: Just story good type of stuff.
Speaker 1: And I think so yeah, so no fun match for me.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, he has to take us his honeymoon now because he showed up religions night after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 2: Here is the next one.
Speaker 3: This is the mess that I said demand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one did not to be on here.
Speaker 2: This was to Kahn.
Speaker 1: They like I'm telling you, they do not draw like just because people chance we hurt people. No, this is pretty show. They must have something. Yeah, they showed that the Bucks did start it. You know, like I don't like I just I yeah, I'm don't want I was liking a couple. I was like, I fought, I legitimately finally started to like the m JEF hurt sending and stuff, and then they just randomly ended it two weeks after I liked the triple threat tags just two tags team up there and hurtsnicket, But we're just back to where we are. I don't know. This act to me just does not justify a pay per view spot. I'm not saying get rid of them.
Speaker 4: Just like, looking at the match graphic, I was like, this is a zero hour.
Speaker 1: Match, Yes, why is this here? Like good, so shut out the win cool.
Speaker 3: I hate, says, but a good friend of mine set that they felt like this match was here because Tony Kahan is still thinking about the fact that they set that Triple h doesn't book black people in his payer per reviews, so he booked all his healthy black people and the match or give them or give.
Speaker 2: Me put them all in one.
Speaker 7: Match, just give them a stip and like half like it's just like, I don't know, just do something more creative with the hurt syndica then you know, and enough with this, like well damn, you have to think sto because they didn't.
Speaker 1: Want to do business with them, fuck the what like fuck that like don't want to do business with him? You're the booker man. This fun stuff of like get him in a room, sit them down, like and like what like it has Bobby light lastly threatened his life and so like I'm gonna I don't know MVPs Like remember I went.
Speaker 2: I went to prison for nine years, so you know, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's I mean, what's happening. I don't know. Uh. We talked about mercees Rio already. This match. It ended up being good Oca Takesha and Dorada, but I still, in principle do not like that they had O caught in Takesha to touch before save this for the one on one duo caught in Derada do Taqusha Dorada on dynamite. This was good, but I just don't you know this, This was like a three point five. There are some fun spots, Ocada took some actual bumps, but uh yeah, I just didn't like. I said the match in concept for me, so uh yeah, good enough for me. What do you guys.
Speaker 3: Think I would have rather this had been either Takesha not in this match or Kada not in this match. I could see more of Dorata and takesh To going with Okada literally sitting there at ringside like as a constant prop of whoever, whoever, when's this gets the shot at Okada and there's all as Takeshta is doing moves against Dorado, he's looking back at Okada like your next, like that they're feeding into these We're on the same team, but we're not on this side.
Speaker 2: I want what you have and just having that.
Speaker 3: So they have some back and forth, and then you know, Dorota does some things and you see Okada reacting like he's got that shitty grin, like hey, if he beats you, I don't have to face you, so you better get your stuff together, like have.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't think that they should have faced each other yet. Again, just like I said about other match, like save just like I said about Christett Lander and Tony Storm, save that big match. If you want to have them do this, save it for there. The ending was predictable. I'm like, all right, cool.
Speaker 2: No one did.
Speaker 1: They're great, are gonna win in the triple and Deront's not fucking winning, you know.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, great, workers great.
Speaker 3: Everything that they did in the match was amazing. Just the match itself did not make sense, didn't need it on this streight review.
Speaker 1: Event Collision, there you go, even Dynamite, you know, like have a hey, we're gonna give you a cool three point seventy five like fun triple threat match. Okay, sure do it on Collision, you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Hadn't thought of the idea of just making like a number one contenders match, But I think I would have liked that a lot, especially if you have a cought at ringside with like the you know, like Mercedes Money set up with like a steak and wine and stuff.
Speaker 5: Just watching this match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even him grabbing the headset on the commentary and like just go a bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, overall I did probably Dorata is like really fantastic fin this crazy stuff, and to Keshta, I'm a big fan, But yeah, I agree. I do think it was sort of like weird to like sort of do the match already even though it's not the match of Kesha and Okada.
Speaker 5: But maybe it's just because I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, maybe the actual match isn't happening for like a long time.
Speaker 1: That's what I think, And that's it's like, well, what's the point of all this, then you know, it's just.
Speaker 4: Like we're like, maybe this is like a wrestle dynasty match or something, because I think they're doing that again this year, right, I.
Speaker 1: Think, so, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: That's like in like three months from now or something. But even then, like that's not that long if you want to like, but.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's fine. I just or I were like, if a tournament comes up something where they get delayed, I guess we have to wait and see what happens with Takesha and the g One and Wressell Kingdom.
Speaker 4: And I guess what's the Continental like with the Unified title now being like, because I assume the Continental now is not as complicated and it's just gonna be like a number one contenders, like you win the tournament and you get a shot at the title. Because before it was like the person with the title was in the tournament and if like if they didn't make the finals, they like automatically vacated the title, and it was all like confusing. So I think now it should be simpler. But I assume like Takesha is probably gonna be like in the Condinal Classic again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'd be down if they did that, and if they make the finals, Okada Takeshta and Takesha gets to beat Like they keep saying he's the best tournament restler of all time. Right, Well, wouldn't that be a fun way for to Cash to get that win. So again, I'm down for the vision. It's just like this felt like a weird like side quest that we went on before the mission.
Speaker 4: It's like a weird like felt more like they want to Okada like on the show and they're like, which you don't.
Speaker 1: Always need because he's always delivering like ten stuff anymore, you know. So yeah, let's see after that. Yeah, we talked about Dosy maxleyn Now we talked about the four way a ladder match. I thought was really fun. The ladder match near the end had some spots where like Speedball almost shattering his ankles. Man that was that was dangerous. But I there was like a five minute portion which I enjoy the Rock Triple H one, I enjoy the ben Wa Jericho one. I love ladder matches, whether it's not spots, it's just people beating each other with the ladders. And at the point when Josh Alexander took over and it was just a lot of that and I enjoyed that. So it's like we kind of had like fast paced action and we had like the ladder beat down, and then we had like the car crash element. So this was like a really fun, enjoyable ladder match. I am all on the hype for Brodido, like obviously Ben Dil's in a great year, but and Brodie King I've always liked. But I like that they won here and that's good. I think that they will probably lose those titles to FTR I bet, and then that's how you get FTR versus Edgie Christian. But no, I thought this was really fun. I mean talk about the post match, the thing after. But what do you think, David of the ladder match?
Speaker 2: It was a fun match, like they really put on a show.
Speaker 3: I I love the young bucks in any type of ladder match, so you know that that's always fun to watch. Speedball Mike Byley and Kevin Knight never come across to me as the contenders for champions, but they also they can do the spots. They can be there for various things that are just fun. Same thing with Hechestero and Josh Alexander, Like they're they're there to to fill up this car crash of moments, but yeah, they still all. I mean, Josh Alexander is an incredible wrestler, so even with that, they were doing some some amazing stuff and man bandido is amazing. I really do wish that they would remind people more that he is top guy in Ring of Honor. But him and Brody King together is just that they're fun to watch, and Brodie King throwing himself about and the way that he did.
Speaker 2: Some of these bumps for just great.
Speaker 3: And then we get to the ending, which was just the aftermatch portion of this was just yay everything.
Speaker 1: Hashtag tras was wrong. I said this in discord. I didn't think it would work. Let's see long term how it goes. But they've been Jesus Jack Perry thing and even in this match, the Young Bucks at one point they had the nick ran up for the titles and the crowd was cheering, so it's like, okay, Bucks have won the crowd back Perry gets there, it's like a pop. But I'll give them kudos to to me, it's all about the presentation and them doing this video where he literally dak Perry like resurrects like Frankenstein's Lucasaurus really fun.
Speaker 5: It's really cool.
Speaker 4: So they played that video already like when Lucasaurs came back, but like without Jack, Like it was purposely edited, like you would only see like his hands are like the hair and stuff. So people were like theorizing it was him and like he had the jacket on and stuff.
Speaker 5: But this like the full version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what, I because I thought they were gonna put them together and I thought, cause the bucks were getting popa, this might be the wrong move. But this is where all again comes down to, like presentation. Right when we took about like Statlander winning the title, like anything could be a big moment or man moment. The fact that they they the beatdown's happening, the lights go out, the video reveal, Lucasaurus comes in there looking he's always he's always been big, but he's big right now. They take all the bucks, they hug and then they had that theme ray to go. They they nail it to me. It is all about the fallow up because Jack Perry's kind of like Sammy Givaro. I feel like the aw audience has like a very weird relationship with him. I like Jack Perry, was he like a little shit back in the day of the punk stuff? Sure, but like Punk was a little shit too. People like to normalize Punk going backstage just like trying to get in fights. Like both of them were little shits. They're both like having high school drama with each other over glass, Like no one was the adult in the room here. So that's where it's just like when you're like, oh my god, like Punk was the same way, like he was taking the same shots back in the day when he was right. If Perry the level of talent with Punk is no, he's not. But this could work. It's gonna be interesting to see that. I hope he doesn't come out with like like no more, like he can't do the lolling cloth and like the cheetah print, like he can't do jungle Boy, but he has to like Jungle Man. He has like to find like a variation of it. But I'm I'm interested to see how they do it. And I love that. Hey, this is like another tag team feud that is has a storyline for not the titles. Right you got FTR and Chris Edge and Chrish Right now you got this and it worked. But for me, it is about the week's fall up of Cake and the crowd stay together. Where on the same coin we talked about this last episode, what they're doing the Acclaim dead on arrival, the whole calling out like, oh, you've been floundering, Anthony Bones. It's like you had him lose to a couple of people. There's no push there. Max Caster is doing thing like they to me, it's just like, it's so funny this company where this jungle boy thing. This is a bad idea and they do it. It's like, man, they above expectations, this Acclaim thing. It's like no one wants the claim back to get like that's where again it's all fault. But I thought it was a really great moment and we'll see. I hope they pulled together and they can get over. And I think they both need this. Lucasaurus needs this and Jack Perry definitely he needs some good will. But they tried to Like this reminds me of Sammy Gavarro when they had him turned on Jericho. Andon's like, oh, this could be the the moment, but then like three months later, one's like, I still fucking hate Szamon Gavar. So it's like, was this just for the moment or people back on the Jack Perry page.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know with the LF I on right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do nothing, just waiting for his contract to come up.
Speaker 5: And I don't even I don't think.
Speaker 1: Like to me, Samy Govarro is like end up in TEENA in my opinion, I don't think that's gonna go after him.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong, could be wrong. I mean, they want some of a job on NXT, but uh, yeah, we'll see and then yeah.
Speaker 4: We had that.
Speaker 1: Paige Kyle Fletcher, can you talk a little about the beginning anything more on this match? Oh?
Speaker 2: Like I said, they did great with this match. I mean.
Speaker 3: From the moment that they immediately locked up, just the way that they work together. These two worked seamlessly. I was kind of concerned because while Hangman is a lot lighter on his feet, he does work a more heavier style and has been especially since some of more of his opponents lightly. At no point did Fletcher seem just out of his element with this, And to me, this was the opposite of the brock Lessener John Cena match, where you've got this quick, let's boom, conflicting styles.
Speaker 2: We're going to get this over with.
Speaker 3: Where man, they were just having fun with this and Fletcher was taking some bumps that scared me at points, but also he was hitting some high flying moves and man Daniel Brian on commentary during this thing, the excitement that he showed, the crowd popping for the near falls, everything else, it's and it feels like Hangman walked away from this feeling like he is strongest champion, and Kyle Fletcher looked like, okay, even though he takes his loss, like we were talking earlier about having, you know, two people who take loss, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: He took this loss.
Speaker 3: He can go back to doing everything that he's doing in the TNC Championship and it not miss a beat, not be oh, well, you lost against hang Man so you shouldn't be champion. No, he's still again great. But that avalanche dead eye from the middle turn buckle and the way that Fletcher hit I was I was like, oh man, please be okay, Please be okay.
Speaker 2: Folded in a half, but please be okay.
Speaker 1: They gotta get him some wins now though, because like he did lose his champion right, and I'm with you, where never a fan of that, so we'll see what happens. But no, really great match they delivered. Fletcher is the real He's the real deal. I think we talked about his last episode or a couple of times, but Tony was very smart to make sure he re signed him right away because I said this before. If he was free agent, WW would have fucking gobbled that kid up, and I think I pushed him well. I don't even think it's a bad thing. I think they would have he very much. I think Miles was Born is probably pretty lucky that they didn't sign him because he's almost like the better version of that because like Kyle flesher Man, he did the whole thing where he like he shaved his head and the shape he's in, his phenomenal, how toned he is everything this show that he can hang. I think the only problem with this match was other than one spot with that counter, it no one believe Kyle's won this match right like that wasn't gonna happen, So I think it was fun for the good rookie upstart, so they had to make sure, Hey, let's go have an amazing to me, this is like a four point five match where let's have an amazing match where the drama's not out there. We don't have weapons, we don't have a big stipulation, but let's just go out there and wrestle. And you know, they say we're the best wrestle, right, So that's what you got to do. And I appreciate that. I'm surprised Hangman won on last So yeah, Kyle, I think in the next two years will be champ. He's gonna carry that whether he defends against Austprey or beats Osprey, like I think it's one of those two. But no, Kyle did a phenomenal job hang Man. You know, that's my next Omega, that's my guy in aw. I love this character. But with that being said, I do think now it's gonna be interesting where he beat Moksley and then the next story was like, oh, I beat up and comer. I'm very curious what they're gonna do with him because I think with that happened with the first Hangman title run, where the first few months they had a lot of great story stuff for him, and then the middle stuff was just kind of like Challenger the month and then the punk stuff. Obviously a lot of bad stuff happened, but the actual story was good, So I just want them consistent. So I think they need to find obviously won't be swerved, but they need to find like a next swerve, and they need to find like another like rival, because like I didn't like Kyle Fletcher, but it wasn't like a blood feud, right, Like, I think they need to find something that Adam Paige can do, like those very fiery, passionate promos that he's great at. So I'll be curious what they do next. Is next his rest dream?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And that's kind of like a weird like sometimes it's a crossover show. Sometimes it's not. Like it's kind of like The Forbid Doors. So I'm not sure if he wrestles someone from New Japan, I don't know what the state is. I don't know who. That's the one bad thing though. It kind of feels like it's similar to money where with hanging and I'm wondering who is next up to line? You know, Like I just don't I don't see.
Speaker 4: A six year anniversary dynamite that I'm gonna be at.
Speaker 5: But they usually have like some big truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, it could. It could happen. I'm just wondering who the next guy up in the line is for him. Obviously it's not Warlow because there's conflicting things there. Shout to Warlow. I'm not the biggest Warlow family. We didn't know that last episode that like man came back towards peck On returned that heartbreaking man that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's horrible timing this guy.
Speaker 1: Between all the way back to the MGF stuff to now, he does have some of the worst luck in like wrestling history as far as multiple like big push just like getting capped at the needs for some reason. But uh, yeah, I really don't know who. I don't know on the horizon right now with aw but hopefully they uh they find someone because they did MGF already two they did that, So I don't know, We'll we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be Ricochet. It's gonna be Ricochet.
Speaker 1: Good match. I just that's not a story that interests me at all of like the way I like. Don't get me wrong, I like Ricochet, like the Psycho Nerd story. Yeah, but I think to me, the Rickey's character is a perfect like mid car title guy not world title guy. Like to me, no, I don't know if I's supposed to want that. That is like the Dynamite six cent, like he could do a Dynamite aw world title shot. I don't think he could do like a.
Speaker 5: That's like a TV match, like that works.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right now, you really don't have anyone else in a main event position.
Speaker 2: Okay, mjf's going out.
Speaker 4: Do you think they ever give Lashly a world title shot or gonna be that scares the hell? I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Let him win the Continental Classic or T T and T stay away from the if he's willing to do business, sure, because like surprisingly, I don't know why, but like that's like I low key, they could have an awful match, but they could also have a really good match. Lastly and hang Out, I don't know why they just have like that biggie meat slap and men type of match, because like Hangman is not like a big guy, but he is like a he's a broad guy, like he's a he's a classic GMO bruiser type.
Speaker 2: He is a bruiser.
Speaker 1: And last he's like a heavyweight sometimes giant, so he's also BRUI class. Yeah, yeah, specialist. He's a specialist, you know. So, yeah, I suppose, like last he's a good option. That just scares me. If I'm watching Hangman's second reign end to Bobby Lashley, that's that that might have been worse than Mocksley retaining over Hey man, you know, I'm trying to think they can't run back because they did that.
Speaker 3: And now I must say I wasn't doing this stuff with Okata. He would be he would be a great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like a draw not yeah, not, let don't give me Lance Archer again, like unless there's something.
Speaker 4: Signing no one else said, like the Don Coals, but then he already fought Alexander.
Speaker 5: Like non title. Yeah he did like takesa for like we said, I don't think it could happen. He did.
Speaker 4: Kyle Flescher and the Red I mean, you have like Hetches Sarah who's a good wrestler, but he's not really like established as much I don't think so. And then below that are like you're in you're entering the job or tier of.
Speaker 2: The of the Jericho Big matches. I must say, Rocky and Trent Barretta.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be it's gonna be Jericho's return match. That's how they get him back is because they can tie together. Right, the first ever title match was those two. I can Scott see it now. I don't want that, but I'm just trying to think of any like free signings coming up to anybody that's like, whether it's New Japan or anywhere that they might build up. You know what on DRAWD they couldn't make.
Speaker 5: Like I don't think he has a non complete.
Speaker 3: Because he just know, yeah, he's got a Mexico Mexican.
Speaker 1: We didn't even talk about that, but I don't know what. The as had the greatest quote on that that he said, he's widling like the people doing those triple H emails and Jim Spend because when you get these emails in the game like this doesn't happen anymore. It doesn't draw like on draws out there making moves that we don't even know. But and hey, that would be a drawn hangman would bang. That would be really good. Again, I think it's like TV. I don't think it's a review.
Speaker 5: I don't even know if a like hires and again.
Speaker 1: Fightfoel said the rumor was that as long as it wasn't anything bad wise fired, they're open to business with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know there's the rumors of the drug use. If it's not the drug that I've been seeing in some of the rumors, So I think if it's just like other things, he was over it and he didn't want to go, and he was purposely trying to get himself fired, which we know and gerate to do purposely try and get himself fired.
Speaker 5: The you know, the the snow man. You know, maybe he's not mad about that.
Speaker 1: He gets it. He gets man, and I understand, Yeah, a lot of work days, you know. So I'm just trying to let me just look quickly aw Ross, I'm sharing of any but and again even.
Speaker 3: I'm looking that there's not anyone who's not currently involved in something that that would be anywhere near that top just returns on TV like this.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kenny's the option they could go to, whether he's face or he and I'm down if they give someone like a face versus face thing with the hang Man. But again, even on dry and Ricochet, they could be on pvv as so longs they're not main eventing, right, they could do that because Kyle Fletcher, it's like, Okay, he doesn't have the stock of a star power, but you can tell he's like building right now, right man two Badi's injured, he'll j right now. Would be the perfect scenario because they built that story up with them and then Jayad got injured. That would be really good time. But I don't know where he is.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've got a returning Pac who could.
Speaker 1: Pack yeah, I guess, but then you're back he's back in the Death Writers Vortex, right, like, don't bet wrong. That'd be a good match. Yeah, running back in.
Speaker 3: Because they were supposed to be they were supposed to be at the first pay per view, uh to get or not the first TI.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be at the second pay per view.
Speaker 3: They're supposed to be at full gear wrestling at each other because they had that whole thing on BT about Hangman needing to lose weight because he didn't look good because Pak was always walking around in just his tights, so like they had that whole thing, and then I don't I think that's when Pac ended up getting injured or he didn't want to lose because the hole he was dragging Gate champions. Something happened and they ended up not going at it.
Speaker 2: Yes, but yeah they're hurting for.
Speaker 5: They are Jeff Jarrett.
Speaker 1: Finally to live that dream. He wants to be a'd be.
Speaker 5: I'd be hyper for Jarrett.
Speaker 1: You know what, just get just fall through with the mone bump. Just give the Beast Mortis. You know, the Beast Mortis in there. You know, nice three point five. We're good to go. Rouge is always an option, but like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, last he just shoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's the issue. They need, they need somebody needs something. And that's why I wonder if either they're gonna be baby faced babyface or if one of these baby faces are going to turn, I would be.
Speaker 5: So down comes back just the media.
Speaker 1: Beats them. Yeah, so yeah, we'll see what I said. We don't know we're gonna wake to the cards. I think it's probably more likely we'll probably do a show on the nineteenth after because then we'll have both Wrestled Dream and uh Australia to review. Uh so let's see what is that? That's where are we at now? We're well, right, we're kind of in an awkward time here because we tried to do every two weeks. So we'll get back to you because maybe maybe there might be a maybe there might be a rest yeah maybe, yeah, there might actually be an Australia show, Like well, yeah, GMO, I gotta figure out. I'm hoping. My hope was to maybe do that at some point next weekend, but my next week is already busy it so I think with GM mode in the next couple months, there's gonna be one month, but we'll probably do it two for our one at the beginning and then at the end. I actually think probably for uh for the rest. Yeah, we'll have to figure it out because if we do a show after a wrestle dream, that's like almost a whole month away, So maybe won't do that. There might be like a Australia review show, wrestled Dream prediction show, and then something else. So we'll figure out. So right now not as clear, so we'll wait to that and yeah, GM mode, we'll try and do and if not, we'll make up for it. And then, Spops, did you ever do those draft points.
Speaker 5: Before we end this episode?
Speaker 1: What're we sitting at here?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: So, okay, David is at three ninety eight total points, uh, Trams is at six sixty eight, and I'm at six thirty six.
Speaker 1: Still hold that lead right now, Okay, I like it. Okay.
Speaker 4: So the only one who got main event points for the PLU this week though is David because he got that twenty twenty points there foo.
Speaker 2: Finally yeah.
Speaker 1: Is Cody Yeah, no one has Drew as Drew. Oh yeah, I guess he was away for a while. I thought we thought he was gonna be injured, right, So well, there you go, we're cooking. We Well, our next switch is coming in November, so obviously big legs between.
Speaker 5: Me us switch of leg half half my roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well there you goes. So yeah, no, we'll be back sometime in October, break down, a lot of big wrestling stuff. Yeah, and we'll be born so see