Speaker 1: Five O five.
Speaker 2: A fifty five K see the talk station happen Mondays?
Speaker 1: Will dude may abide? I usually do not.
Speaker 2: Brian Thomas right here, glad to be glad to see j Just Trecker, Orry Blong, the second producer of the program, man looking on the rundown. I always enjoying Mondays, if for no other reason than Christopher Smithman uh and Monday Monday's Brian James Smith had seven thirty former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, with the Smither vent. I don't know what he's going to be venting about, but I always enjoy hearing it. And Brian James today able to talk about stocks poised for a September gain. One in four gen zers say they will not have kids because of finances. Of course, our popular rate is dropping, at least in terms of traditional baby having babies, you know the replace. We weren't even replacing our own population, which is one of the reasons behind I think this unregulated influx of illegal immigrants, which is starting to really piss people off. Finally, chickens coming home to roost across this country of ours, Folks paying very close attention to the realities of the unchecked, unregulated illegal immigrant influx, including a rather comical, yet said at the same time article I'd probably get at least some of this later. It was Fox News reporting gang members and four gang members in Chicago talking about how this is, this is not going to turn out. Well, the entrenched gangs in Chicago, and trust me, they've been there a long time. You know, my wife and I lived there between ninety and ninety eight, and you know, you had the Cribs, you had the Bloods, you had all these different groups, and they were pretty much everywhere. Latin Kings. That was another big one, Vice Lords. I'd forgotten about that. When gangster Disciples were big in Chicago, and there's another group called Satan Disciples.
Speaker 1: I didn't recall them.
Speaker 2: They may have cropped up since we lived there, but they traditionally controlled all these inner city areas and they were a prominent threat. If you look at the crime stats back for that windnow of time, the number of shootings and murders was actually and that may have surpassed it by now. I know that the urban crime rates are up in spite of what your federal officials will tell you. There's some better statistics and data out there showing you that urban crime has gone through the roof pretty damn significantly too. But it was really bad between ninety and ninety eight. That was when you had the crack cocaine epidemic and you know turf wars and the like. But now those gangs are looking at the infiltration of the Venezuelan gangs and are concerned about it. They're very upset that the immigrant population or migrant popular, illegal or otherwise are getting all the resources. And the folks that have been living in that community, whether they're gang bangers or not, have been well mistreated by comparison. And one guy's talking about bloodshed. Guy named Mohammed Tyrone Muhammad, former gang banger. He's fifty three. He just got out of prison and I guess twenty years he served in prison for murder. But he runs a street patrol and violence prevention program now called x cons for Social Change Gone Straight. He's out there in the community doing work, trying to convince people there's a better way, I guess, he said. Venezue of the criminal gangs flooding shelters and taking over apartment buildings the last straw for struggling African American communities saying that they are furious at seeing all this government morning money going to what they call non citizens. Is his quote, it's impossible to release gang members and criminals into our country through the borders and broken walls and infiltrate them in our country that's already impoverished and broken. And I'm sure given where he lives, in his perception and what he has seen throughout his life, he does believe that the area is impoverished and broken.
Speaker 1: Probably a lot to be said about that quote.
Speaker 2: When the black gangs here get fed up with the illegalities and criminal activities of these migrants or non citizens, the city of Chicago is going to go up in flames and there will be nothing the National Guard or the government can do about it. When the bloodshed hits the streets, it will be blacks against migrants.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And if you've been paying any attention to this, you know there's this whole demographic argument, and the black people feel like they're being slighted when it comes by comparison to the say, Latin American population, which is increasing in our country. So throw on a whole bunch of illegal immigrant Venezuelans and you exacerbate the problem, most notably when those illegal immigrants have organized gang are involved in organized gangs, and these gangs are quickly organizing in a bunch of cities across this country. They come with a built in organizational structure. You take them out of Venezuela. They're all members of the gang in Venezuela. Not every Venezuela is a member of the gang. All the gang members who have come from Venezuela into our country are already interconnected. They don't have to create and build from scratch this organizational structure, and of course it's easy to communicate between one another. This poses a threat to the already existing organized structure of the gangs that already exist in Chicago. Now they're disparate. They are not coordinated. You know, the crips and the Bloods or the Satan Disciples and the vice lords and the Black Pea Stones and gangster disciples aren't working together, right. They're the ones that used to fight each other. But you know, when I was reading this, I thought to myself, hmm, what's happened over the past decade relative to the United States and its allies. And it's so you start a war in Ukraine. It's a proxy war. The Western nations are funding it. Russia is fighting against Ukrainians, and in essence, the Western nations and they joined forces with the Iranians and the Chinese and the North Koreans. They're all now sharing the wealth and most importantly the weaponry. They weren't together before and now they are even do enjoyed military exercises. So that's, you know, on a global scale. You can see what our foreign policy has created by way of pushing otherwise don't play necessarily nicely together or you know, folks with you know, competing interests, pushing those groups together to make a collective force against us. That'll be the United States and our allies. Now you get a bunch of Venezuelan's coming in there, and they're all members of this one particular gang, the Trendy Iragua Gang, and they are taking over migrant shelters and they are engaging in a just an amazing amount of criminal activity, including child trafficking that's intruding on the well the trade that with the disparate gangs of Chicago had a monopoly on for so long. Might that just might Mohammed be correct in suggesting it's going to be bloodshed. It's going to be Black gangs against Venezuelan gangs, and the black gangs. You know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They all have a collective interest in beating back the Venezuelan gangs from taking over their neighborhood and taking over their drug territory and everything else they're involved in terms of criminal activity. This happens all the time throughout the world's history. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. So while you might have the Latin Kings and the Satan Disciples not shooting each other, what you'll have then is the Latin Kings, Satan Disciples, unified gang collectively working to go after illegal immigrants in Chicago. And do you think they'd be limited to attacking illegal immigrants in Chicago that are merely gang members or might that carnage go beyond? I think you know where I where. I believe it's gonna go. Frightening stuff, right, I mean very frightening stuff. And it's all about the Democrat policies. And I just I'm just in awe of the Democrats who are running for reelection or Kamala Harris running away from what they expouse for so many years. Well, we've been living through since the Obama administration, you know, with the minor brag for Trump's four years. And now you've got, you know, Joe Biden and his liberal leftist policies, and you look out in the world and they're all hiding from them. Kamala Harris, you can't even get her to stick with anything. She previously would out loud regularly support anti fracking, defund the police, you know, gang bailing out gang members after they've been arrested. Andrew Cuomo, Democrat, former New York Governor. Andrew after endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris for president the other day, She's going to unite the Democrats. She's going to bring new energy. Really, he followed up with, and because the opponent is Donald Trump and we've seen that and we're not going back there again. Therein lies the rub He can't find anything positive to say about Kamala Harris, although except for, you know, smart, qualified, going to unite, whatever that means, and that's a wing in a prayer, hope. And if you believe she's smart and qualified, go ahead. I have property I want to sell you. Then he went on to say the truth, things are getting worse, not better. Huh after three and a half plus years, things are getting worse. And that's kind of saying the quiet part out loud now, isn't it. And I think it's time that we take a fresh look and a new perspective when we look at what's going on.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: We have great political argument on the Democrats side, who was more progressive. I don't even think they know what the word means progressive. You cannot be a progressive if you don't make progress. Wow, He said, the United States is going backwards thanks to progressive policies. Quote, some people think it's progressive to say defund the police. Yes, in theory, if everybody had an education and everybody had a job, nobody would need to commit crime. I get the theory, but it's not that simple. And here's the knock it out of the park grand slam. Defund the police are the three dumbest words ever uttered in politics. Then he called out the release of migrants in New York York City, pointing out that well, we can't have one hundred thousand migrants coming intos New York City and only New York City, nowhere else in the state of New York, only New York City, and leave it up all up to New York City to pay for hotels, pay for healthcare over ten billion dollars. No plan by the federal government, i e. The Biden Harris administration, or as we now know that the Harris Biden administration, and Biden doesn't refer to Joe Biden first out of Jill Biden.
Speaker 1: I guess, no.
Speaker 2: Plan by the federal government, no real help from the state. Now that is an indictment of Yes, Kamala Harris's open borders policy, is it not. They're living the reality. We were idiots for defunding the police. We were idiots for embracing the whole Black Lives Matter thing. We were in idiots for saying we're a sanctuary city. See, all of that is not with the words he said. But certainly this is an out loud in the implication of that. But he did say some pretty powerful words out loud. Progressive policies are bad for humanity. Five seventeen ffty five KHCY talk station Tim and mister Tuba's on the phone too. Thank you to everybody who wished me happy birthday. It was such an awesome thing. I had a wonderful birthday weekend.
Speaker 1: So thanks to.
Speaker 2: Everybody Cover Sense, you're gonna have an awesome day when you talk to John Ruling of the team at cover Sense about your medical insurance, because more than likely they're gonna be able to find a better path for you. My friend Jeff has a small business and he has found a new way, and he says, you know, darn it, basically boiling it down. It's kind of like us intilation. The only regret you're gonna have as he didn't do it sooner. He got in touch with the team at cover since he and they did an analysis of every single one of their employees, he's going to be saving and his employees are going to be saving thousands of dollars with better medical insurance coverage. Again, jeez, I just wish I'd have done this years ago. Cover since he works with hundreds of sure insurance companies and has access to thousands of for medical insurance policies.
Speaker 1: But they don't work for them. They work for you.
Speaker 2: You are a You're their client and they have a fiduciary relationship to you to find you the best possible path. So they really do a deep dive on what you've got, where you are in your life, your situation, you're getting close to retirement, you got a family. All that's taken into account. Then they come up with a better package of insurance. Can save you five hundred one thousand dollars a month. They're doing that for couples each and every day, couples undred and sixty five. That's the kind of savings you can realize. Businesses, you can have your bottom line improved. They have They know more about medical insurance than anybody on the planet. I can pretty much guarantee you that coversincy dot com as a form online to get the process started. There is no obligation to you. Just ask the question, is there a better way for me? Phone number five one three eight hundred Call five one three eight hundred two two five y five again online coversincy.
Speaker 3: Dot com fifty five krs.
Speaker 2: Five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk order in which they're received. Tim, thanks for calling the Morning show. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 4: Hey, right, buddy, I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Pretty darn well man. A great weekend. I had very happy birthday, and I'm alive. So that's sometimes that's that's all you get is you're alive. But I'm a little better than that today. Thanks for asking me if you can say the same. What's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Oh that's very pactic. Hey about the migrant gang stuff.
Speaker 6: Isn't that likeation?
Speaker 1: Isn't that like what gentrification?
Speaker 2: I never looked at it that way, Tim, but I guess you could come up with some parallels.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Starting Monday off with a laugh.
Speaker 2: Pivoting over, mister Tuba, welcome back to the VID five CAS morning show.
Speaker 1: My friend, good morning.
Speaker 5: Your birthday celebration continues, and here it is.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're the best man. You are the best. Thank you so much, mister Tube. You've been doing that for years and years. He makes like three hundred and fifty calls a year with his Tuba message for those celebrating a birthday. Meet him at listener lunch, mister Tube. I hope I see it. Anderson pubmcgirl first Wednesday of next month.
Speaker 1: Real quick here.
Speaker 2: Pivoting over, Oh, I can ask an outline question, Joe Drecker, I'm gonna pull the room. Well, we'll we'll did he commit suicide accidentally? Yes, they placed on suside watch, which they and you know, I don't give a flying whatever about did he You know, I understand he's been accused of some horrific, horrific crimes, sexual exploitation and molestation, you name it. He's getting accused of it for these parties used to have. But he had so many, or has had I suppose it's the operative word now past that so many celebrities that hung out with him, and there's pictures of him with literally everybody and his brother and now I've read reports that everybody is wiping their social media accounts. Sounds a little like Epstein, doesn't it. We all know what happened to him. Will will he ever see the light of trial? Will the people involved in these exploitations people ever be implicated in this? I think a lot of people are sweating bullets anyhow, just something to consider question, Will he commit suicide or will it look like he commits suicide? Or will all the cameras in his prison cell be shut down mysteriously inoperative and the prison guards fail him to do welfare checks on him as required by the obligations of their job, only to find him several hours later. I don't know, hung by some toilet paper or something, just asking for a friend. Local Stories coming up twenty five at five care ce De talk Station. Awesome dentist. I love doctors Fred Peck and doctor Megan Freu. You're in best possible hands. Everybody needs a dentist. You gotta take great care of your teeth and you are going to get that treatment at the clinic of doctors Pack and Frew, always the most state of the art clinic ever. Doctor Peck has insisted on that over the years. Dentistry is He's just always at the forefront of dentistry and most notably cosmetic dentistry. That is his true passion. And he is a Fellow with the American Academy and Cosmetic Dentnistry, one of only three in the entire state of Ohio. And I'm telling you ask him when you meet him, what's it take to become a fellow? WHOA Oh, you've got to be the best in the business. And I would argue that you couldn't find a better cosmetic dentist than doctor Fred Peck. Truly life changing impact from exceptional cosmetic dentistry. So if you're not happy with your smile, you need doctor Fred Pack And for everybody, we all need a general dentist. You couldn't find a better team doctors Peck and Frew. And she's working on her creditation with the American Academy, so she is an awesome addition to the practice. Five one three six, seventy six, sixty six, six one seventy six sixty six. Find them online peck pec k Pecksmiles dot com.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Are you receiving letters from the fi? Here's your nine first forty one to forecast? Got it?
Speaker 2: Mostly cloudy day to day, keep your fingers scrossed or calling for evening showers and storms.
Speaker 1: High of eighty see here. Overnight lowest sixty.
Speaker 2: Five, slight chance to rain, mostly cloudy Tomorrow, rounds of showers and storms seventy five for the high.
Speaker 1: Night of sixty one with a few showers.
Speaker 2: And on Wednesday, cloudy day and night with the chance of showers and thunderstorms showing up after two pm. Looking for a highest seventy eight ten right now seventy one degrees.
Speaker 1: Here fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 2: That's how it's reminding you fifty five ker Seed dot com, Get your podcast, get your Heart media app, give a copy of Kennatha Brahmawoods book The Multifront War. And Joe Strecker sent me photographs of the community gun street rescue plan. Man, they got a lot of guns, isn't they Joe. There's some crazy guns too. Looks like some semi automatics, some Akar style pistols, and a bunch of bunch of handguns. So congratulations to the team getting those guns off the streets. Let's go to the phones real quick. Here forget the local stories. Mississippi James, Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 9: Good morning, doctor Brian.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 9: You on a road this morning, and most of the things you're saying, hey, it's true. I agree with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I lived in Chicago, so I know exactly what it's like to be fearful. I mean, we lived out there a Logan Square the first year we lived and we were woken by gunfire in the alleyway behind our home. I found shellcasings in our alleyway near our garage. A guy got his head blown off in the alleyway. Three blocks from my house when we lived in Oak Park, Illinois, and the crime statistics back then were just outrageous. It just it was so frequent and so often. It was like you know, the sun coming up in the morning and going down in the evening. You could always count on it.
Speaker 9: But most of the thing you speaking of a reaction to another picture, and it may not been the best solution, but their reaction to a bigger picture.
Speaker 4: Until we get get to.
Speaker 9: That elephant in the room, that buffalo, that giraffe, whatever it is, until we open it up, because you know, we can keep on putting bad age on solution, but until we get to the bigger problem. Most of the things you mentioned, uh you know, Black Lives Matter and and and uh defund the police. Those a reaction to something and they was trying to be helpful. Some of them was I never would have you know, came up with them. But part of it, I mean, even police brutality. Now we got admit there is a sense of police brutality. Then when you try to react to it, sometimes that reaction go awire. Yeah right now we're like swing that pendling.
Speaker 7: You're right there.
Speaker 2: There's always been police brutality but we live in a ton This is the greatest thing about it. We live in a time now where police departments and officers now require to have bodycam on them, and they have greater reporting. There's a greater sense of awareness that people with cell phones are surrounding at twenty four to seven. The idea of engaging in police brutality and thinking you're going to be able to get away with it, I think those days are pretty much gone. So the reaction from the defund the police and the Black Lives Matter may be a response to historic corruption in the police departments, some of which not all, may have been a reaction to personal experiences with you know, racist police officers or something. But you know, fortunately we've moved forward and we are I would argue, up until the divisions that have been stirred by the leftists have kicked in, we live in a far less racially divide, at least in terms of you know, looking at someone based on the color of their skin, more appreciative of content of character being the defining value. But no, they got to go after something that was historic, and I understand that, but you know, it's one of those two wrongs.
Speaker 1: Don't make a right.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like reverse racism is okay because racism existed in our country at one point, Does that make things better?
Speaker 9: Reverse racism? You know that's another misnon one also reverse and why reverse?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess if traditional racism in this country, I think it defines it. I mean, it's basic elements, it's it's it's it's too much of a boiled down thing to say it was always whites against blacks, white oppressed blacks. It was beyond that. You can be racist regardless of which direction. If you were judging someone and liking them or hating them, or reaching a conclusion about someone simply based upon what they look at, you're racist. So that street runs multiple different directions. But you can't justify, you know, demonizing all white people because there was a point in our nation's history when there was slavery. I mean most I didn't own slaves, My ancestors didn't. We're a bunch of poor Irish people for the most part, and we got oppressed too. But you know, here we are in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: That it.
Speaker 1: That it okay. Joe says, that's it. Uh.
Speaker 2: Five point thirty five five KCD talk station there's plenty more unpackaged on that one, isn't there? OHC cancer doctors. You need cancer doctors. I'm sorry if you do. I know what it feels like to be told you have cancer. It's a real bubble burst of temple to say them the least. So you're worried, your family's worried. What you need are great cancer doctors. So surround yourself with them, and they'll surround you at OHC with the great cancer doctors, which they've been at cancer treatments for thirty five years, and their research team is always engaged in bringing in innovative treatment options to the patients. At OHC, they simply surround you with everything you need to focus on what matters most and is cutting edge treatments like clinical trials of the place to be, and OHC is the place to be to get those cutting edge treatments. So I'm very happy with the progress I've made on my cancer and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it remains at bay and I can say I'm cancer free for four solid years in November. But if not, I go back to OHC and I can start my treatment protocol again. And I'm confident everything will be fine. To do that, to talk to them, I mean get a first opinion or a second opinion. Reach out to OHC at eight eight eight six four ninety eight hundred eighty eight six forty eight hundred find more online just go to ohcare dot com.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five krc and iHeartRadio station forty here.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 2: Frim Thomas here inviting you to call if you prefer five one three seven fifty hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk only. So take callers before I do stack as stupid. But let's get to the stack of stupid. US Secret Service not exactly enjoying a stellar moment in time here, giving all the problems we've had lately, and over the weekend, US Secret Service agent accidentally shot and injured himself, expected to survive. A corner of the Secret Service agent. The agent was on duty during the negligent discharge while he was handling his weapon, Joey. He was handling his weapon and he had a negligent discharge shortly four eight pm. Let's see you here. Injuries not life threatening. The officer taken to the hospital for evaluation and treatment. No one else engined in the accident, nor the detail has been provided. Secret service investigating eleven year old boy reportedly dead after a subway surfing incident in New York City courted local news.
Speaker 1: CBS there reported that.
Speaker 2: Caden Thompson riding on top of a G train when he hit his head on a metal overhang by the fourth Avenue station.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing that? God knows? He died.
Speaker 2: His uncle, claydon Or Christian Vegan, said that he may have been influenced the subway surf because of videos he was watching online showing it being done. Quote, it's really easy to get hooked onto that stuff because once you do it, it's all that adrenaline rush.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Of course they started a GoFundMe page then follow in the category of idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 1: Joe, I mean, am I right on?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, says Jess Chucker. Thank you. I appreciate the backup.
Speaker 2: Go to Knoxville, Tennessee, where a woman there tried to hire an online hitman to kill the wife of a man she met on match dot com. What yeah, good luck with that. Go ahead, hire a hitman online. Find yourself in the ends of the FBI most likely court dook even say forty eight year old Melody Sas are paid almost ten thousand dollars using a dark website.
Speaker 1: Because they're idiots.
Speaker 2: This site is known as quote online killers Market. No nothing suspicious there. Try to hire a hitman there dot FBI, thank you Joe dot gov. Webside allegedly offers a hitman for hire service, as well as hacking, kidnapping, extortion, disfigurement by acid attack, and sexual violence. Sassar, under the username Cattree, messaged the website administrator about hiring somebody to do a job, offering nine thousand, seven undred and fifty dollars in payment through bitcoin. She wrote, quote a east to seem random or accident or plant drugs. Do not want a long investigation. She recently moved in with her new husband. Subject of the order, only identified as JW, lives in Prattville, Alabama, with her husband d W, Whosasser met on match dot com. DW said Sassar helped him with a hike along the Appalachian Trail before moving to Alabama and where he married his current wife. Court documents say Sasser had a left threatening voicemails on this guy's phone, using a device to disguise her voice. According to the filing, Sasser spoke with the Online killers Market dot gov administrator over two months, complaining about the job not getting done. I've waited for two months in eleven days, and the job is not completed. Two weeks ago you said it was being worked. One will be done in a week. The job is still not done. Does it need to be assigned to someone else? Will it be done? What is the delay? When will it be done? Close quote. Sassary also reportedly able to track JW and DW by using a phone app Strava, which connects to Garman sharing fitness data. She even told the Online Killer's Market administrator when JW had gone on a two mile walk. Ultimately, the plan unsuccessful and Sasser was arrested at her home. Her house, law enforcement uncovered a journal listing several other hitman websites, a handwritten account of communications with the Online Killer's Market in a stack of US currency underneath a sticky note listing a Bitcoin address. Grand jury indicted her last June and for use of an interesting commerce facilities in the commissioner murder for hire last week, she entered a plea deal where she'll face one hundred months behind bar and pay over five thousand dollars in restitution forty five and fifty five care see the dog station otor exit. Oto exit works on every kind of smell you encounter in your day to day life. Dog oders, cat oders, pat oters, generally speaking, human odors. Yes, there are those two food, mold, mildew, everything you can think of. If it's got a stink and you don't like it, Odo eggs it will get rid of it. One hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Use the product as directed, it'll get rid of it. If not, you get your money back. It's easy to buy odor Exit and learn about the products that are available, and you'll easily be able to determine which one you need for your odor. If not, call the toll free number ask them. Also ask them about using it, how to use it If it doesn't work the first time, first order of business is to call the number and and they may have some different advice for you. In the final analysis, though, you get your money back if it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: I know it works.
Speaker 2: I've used the oto exit products a lot over the years because they have an overabundance of odory smells. It's just that when I encounter one, I know exactly where to turn. Buy it online, if you do it before three o'clock, it'll be delivered tomorrow to your front door, or buy it locally using the search engine on the website. That's Odor Exit od O r XIT no Eodor Exit.
Speaker 3: Dot Com fifty five KRCI forty nine to.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRCD Talk station, Happy Monday, Monday Monday, Brian James eight oh five, preceded by Christopher Smith and at seven thirty a thirty George Burnemann returns the program talking about event that's coming up at the farm and Jeff Seuss there's an empower use seminar early since e History. We'll hear from Jeff at eight forty on that seminar. Back through the stack of Scuba. Here's an extraordinarily stack, extraordinary sack of stupid perfect perfect illustration.
Speaker 1: Gary Holt.
Speaker 2: He was regarded as a highly regarded employee to trying a law firm called Holden Day. Wilson earned a degree in engineering, and he specialized in building safety and compliance. The robustness of modern building techniques was something he was particularly fascinated by Well Financial District skyscraper where the I guess their law firm is located. Built in nineteen sixty nine. Nice view from the twenty fourth floor, I guess. In July ninth, ninety three, the firm flew through a welcome party for their conference room for the new intake summer interns. So they were interested in exploring the field of law they were studying to potentially decide on specialism for their future. That was the moment he wanted to impress, and he'd done this countless times before, throwing his full weight against a huge window in order to demonstrate its unbreakable structural design and safety.
Speaker 1: He apparently had done this before.
Speaker 2: Sadly, rather than the window holding up as he threw his one hundred and sixty pound frame at the window, the paint popped out of the frame and he felt twenty four floors described as dying instantly after colliding with a stone block on the pavement below.
Speaker 7: You ron.
Speaker 2: Structural engineer question about the incident speaking with the Toronto Star. I don't know of any building code in the world it would allow one hundred and sixty pound man to run up against the glass window and withstand it. They called the death accidental auto defenstration aka throwing yourself out a window by accident, described as extremely extremely rare way to die. He later won a Darwin Award for his uh Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. It is worthy of the stack of sci It's just happened in ninety three. Oh well, better late than never. A woman who ran over an suv Ownerwhell stealing the vehicle, turned herself in toront Back in Toronto here, peel Read Police released home surveillance footage from a September sixth afternoon incident. A woman went to the victim's home rang the doorbell in a town west of Toronto regarding an auto trader advertisement in which the owner was selling a twenty twenty two Porsche Cayenne. Hello, I'm here for the Porsche. That's what was on the ring doorbell footage. Eighteen year old Sarah Bradshaw said owner offered her a test drive. She answered that she was waiting for her father, but she asked if she could take a look at the vehicle. Footage cut to a vantage point of the suv. The victims whose faces blurred, walked around the vehicle and the suv briefly jostled a bit. The victim appeared to check the driver's side doors before crossing the rear, at which point the engine roared and the SUV driver ran him over by going in reverse. He did manage to stand up, please say the woman fled. Cops released footage the video an attempt to find the woman, who then turned her off in the next day. According to the Ontario Court of Justice in Brantham, she was held in custody pending a bail hearing, which happened on the twentieth last Friday, charged with dangerous operation causing bodily harm, theft of a motor vehicle, fare to remain after an accident resulting in bodily harm, and driving without a license do what the hell beyond that? Officer said she'd been charged with prior fraud case in the town and is wanted by other police agencies in the Greater Toronto area involving other matters. Police expect more arrests and charges.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always say.
Speaker 2: If you're going to sell your vehicle, arranged to meet the perspective buyer at the Sheriff's Department. Yeah, you can do that. They don't have any problem with that. Say we're meeting at the Sheriff's Department office on whatever street. You don't like that, then I'm guessed it sucks to be you got a Texas woman with three grown children stun Christmas Eve two when the law enforcement accused her of being wanted for child endangement as she disembarked from a Royal Caribbean cruise in Florida that was meant to celebrate her brother beating cancer for the second time. Turns out, Jennifer Heath Box's lawsuit against Broward County said she was the victim of mistaken identity because deputies ignored obvious discrepancies between her information and the woman with a similar name who was actually subject of the warrant. The fft year old Jennifer Box, represented by the Institute for Justice FIOULT suit against Broward Kenneth Broward kind of share us off his deputies, Peter Paranza and Monica Jane, and two Corrections employees, claiming that she was forced to stay in jail for three days over Christmas. The guard subjected her to a body cavity search and watched her while she showered, and that she missed a chance to see her son before he left for his three year tour with the Marines, only to be told quote it happens close quote when they finally let her go. They have video of the initial encounter with law enforcement, showing her con used about the authority's childhood dangermin rationale for stopping her as she disembarked. While she was on the cruise and not known to her, investigators believed that she was a Harris County, Texas woman with a warrant and they were waiting for her after her husband, Kyle Box, could be heard saying, I think he got the wrong person. Both of them sued deputies, alleging they said they had to verify that they had the wrong person, but instead of doing that, authorities allegedly ignored at least ten discrevitency, starting with the fact that she had a different name from the other woman who was not Jennifer Heath Box, who was Jennifer delk Carman Heath.
Speaker 1: They all said different birthdays. Wonderful. Something tells me they might settle that one out of court.
Speaker 2: Coming up a five point fifty six, which means the taxpayers of Broward County will be on the hook. I don't know if there be any individual liability on that one. You can always count on the taxpayers paying the paying it off.
Speaker 1: Coming up. Got more to talk about in the six o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Including energy policy, which is just blowing my mind, speaking of things that the debt left is totally wrong on. We're gonna speak about that. I'll take your phone calls too, and then we gonna look forward to Christopher Smithment at seven thirty stick around the.
Speaker 1: World can change in just second. We'll bring you the latest in just minutes at the top of the hour. Fifty five KRC Talkstation. Hey everybody, this is Josh and Chuck six six fifty five KRC Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Frank Comas wishing everyone to very happy Monday and a huge, huge, huge thanks not just to my family, but I just received so many well wishes for my birthday on Saturday on Facebook five hundred bluzs. Was like, oh my god, this is so overwhelming. Thank you to everyone who took the time to wish me happy birthday. Really had an enjoyable weekend and I uh just it just meant the world to me so Anyhow, looking forward to Christopher Smithment always means the world. We need to have Christopher Smithment on the program for the Smith Event every Monday at seven thirty Monday, Mondays. Brian James returns at eighth five. Early stocks are poised for a September gain one in four gen zers, so they will not have children because of finances, and why buying a home will seem impossible for this generation. I note gerdier Loin's friends in Warren County. Your next got the new property assessments. They're in the mail. You may already have it already. You're going to be paying a lot higher in real estate taxes. Remember, Butler Counties went up thirty seven percent, Hamilton Counties twenty eight, Claremont Counties were up thirty. Now it's Warren County's turn. So gird your loins, folks, Gird your loins. Five three seven two three talk. George Brennan will also be on the program at eight three to talk about an event coming up at the farm and the empower you se in our early since he history. Jeff Seuss joins the program at eight forty to talk about that anyway, power power for me and not for these is the way I conclude this one. We have a Constellation Energy, which is a massive energy company, announced this past Friday that had entered into a deal with my Microsoft to supply power for a data center, artificial intelligence data center from three Mile Island. Yes, we all remember three Mile Isle, at least most of us do. Described by Politico the latest sign of a revival for the nuclear sector, driven by the voracious energy demand from the technology industry. Yeah, a voracious energy demand which is also being increased artificially through regulation to force you into electric everything from your stove to your automobile, everything in your home. You can't heat it with gas anymore. No, no, no, it's got to be electric. So yes, a massive strain on the power grid, which can't even manage what we've got right now.
Speaker 1: So let's get nuclear.
Speaker 7: Hmm.
Speaker 2: The agreement would restart one of the two reactor plants that was shut down. It's been shuttered since twenty nineteen. Spokesperson for Constellation Energy, you set an email that the company will spend one point six billion dollars of its own money to restart the plant. It is not using state or federal money. They will get tax cutts from the Inflation Reduction Act. But he said, no, that is not the reason we're doing this. He said, the Inflation Reduction Act nuclear production tax credit would be available to the plant, just as it would to any other nuclear plant. But that's not what's driving this. The supply contract with Microsoft is what's making this happen ie profit. Microsoft is going to be purchasing power from Constellation's three Mile Island plant to offset the energy demand that the data centers have put on the thirteen state power grid operated by PJ Interconnection. That's a lot of real estate that that power grid encompass is thirteen states, and this one data center is going to put too much, is going to tax that too much?
Speaker 1: It's hard to believe.
Speaker 2: According to Bobby Holifi's president of Energy at Microsoft, this agreement is a major milestone in Microsoft's efforts to help decarbonize the grid. In support of our commitment to become carbon negative, Microsoft continues to collaborate with energy providers to help carbon free energy sources of obtain them rather to help meet the grid's capacity and reliability needs. I think even if you took carbon neutral out of the equation, you still have to be firing up these nuclear plants because of course the federal government is forcing the premature closure of all the coal and natural gas plants and standing in the way of building more natural gas plants.
Speaker 1: What are you left with nuclear?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: Because wind and solo don't provide reliable energy. That's the bottom line on all this.
Speaker 1: They say.
Speaker 2: This region stretches from Chicago to the mid Atlantic, and consumer advocates for that PJN region have been warning that the rise of data centers could present risks to customers and the climate because tech company or well now tech companies are eyeing direct purchases of power from large nuclear plants in the reason, which is a smart thing to do. But the problem is for me, these connect the AI centers directly to the power plant, meaning they get theirs directly, while we have to go through the power plan and the appropriate measures. In others, distribution of the power goes out equally to everybody, and when there's not enough, we all get the rolling blackout. Well, that wouldn't happen in this particular case because they would get their power directly from a nuclear power plant. Nice to be a big player in the business, isn't it, And apparently artificial intelligence now increasing demand for power while baseload plants that provide power around the clock shut down. Editorial boarder of Wall Street turning pointing out on this same deal, but it's bigger than this one deal. New data centers, they say, are on hold because the grid can't support AI systems with wind and solar. That's why Microsoft's entering into this deal. Not amazing and not surprisingly. Microsoft's deal hooking it up to three Mile Island follows Amazon's purchase of a Pennsylvania data center powered by Believe This or Not and on site two point five gigawatt nuclear plant nuclear for me and not for the The Energy Department approved a one and a half billion dollar on top of that, On top of this, foregoing the Microsoft deal, the Amazon deal, the Energy Department approved a one point five billion dollar government loan guarantee to restart a closed nuclear reactor in Michigan amid a Midwest power crunch brought to you, of course, by I guess Greta Thunberg and al Gore, or the people they convinced to do stupid things like slit our throats by shutting down prematurely. The Colon Natural gas plants before we have something that can fill the void that is left. They point out, wind and solar power cannot turn a profit running only some of the time, and baseload power well providing coal natural gas power plants are burdened by the costly new Environmental Protection Agency rules. Yes, the EPA finalized its clean Power plan called two point zero that will require coal and new or refurbished gas plants to implement carbon capture technology by twenty thirty two, which is not economically feasible. Ergo coal plants are shutting down, threatening grid reliability. Four regional grid operators warned in a friend of court briefs supporting a challenge to this EPA Clean Power two point zero, representing twenty seven states who are saying, whoa, whoa, whoa, this is not workable. Grid operators that provide power to some one hundred and fifty six million customers like you and me, in a brief to the DC Circuit Court of Appeals that the EPA compliance timelines are not workable and are dis destined to trigger and acceleration in the pace of premature retirements of coal gas generators, substantially straining the ability to maintain reliability of the electric power grid, also warning about the chilling impact that the ETA rules will have collectively that will have on the investment required to retain and maintain existing units. They're frightening people away from what works climate lobby. It's pointed out they're claiming batteries of the answer people in the know, not government officials and eight and and and individual bureaucrats behind the scenes. Unelected officials writing these rules point out that long duration energy storage resources are only an innascent development and have not yet proven economically feasible for deployment on a mass scale. In other words, you can't run as on a battery, nor do they provide all the necessary reliability attributes that coal and natural gas units provide, such as something they called grid inertia. So in North Dakota State analysis by the research outfit Always on Energy Research Projects the rule will lead to blackouts across the Midwest within eighty seven billion dollars social cost, on top of the four hundred and forty eight billion dollars in grid investment needed to replace shuttered coal plants. Buy an EV, folks, it's AOK. You're not going to have a problem charging it journal board ends the lights are flickering? Is anyone at the White House home? One more of a growing list of failures on the part of the leftist global warming elitist idiots who think that somehow, in some way, the wind and the sun are going to be able to provide sufficient Microsoft they obviously know better, Google knows better, Amazon knows better. Nuclear may be the path forward. They're the only ones that are going to be able to afford to buy and build their own nuclear generation sources power for the but not or fire from me but not for the six sixteen fifty five KC the talk station, Bobby hanging on to take a comment, if I went three seven four nine to fifty five eight hundred eight to two three talk it's free. It's a roof inspection, and it's free. It's important for you to have some peace of mind knowing where your roof is and if there are any problems up there, unless you're not like me, in which case you know everything there is to know about roofs, and you can tell there's anything wrong either getting up on top of the roof or staring at it from the street. Fast and pro roofing. They are absolute professionals, and they have honesty is at the core of their being. They know that's surrounding them. There are a whole bunch of unscrupulous roofing companies who might try to say something you do not need, tell you need a roof replacement when you do not. That's why you can trust the professionals at Fasten Proble inspect your roof. Hopefully they come down and tell you there's no problem there, but if there is, you're working with the best. They do every kind of roof, both commercial and residential, from metal roofs to Adobe and of course, if you're getting a shingle replaced roof, you're going to get a free upgrade to the certainty pro landmark fifty year shingle. They also do xterior projects including skylights, solar powered blinds. They do a beautiful work on sighting, but it starts with the free roof inspection. So it's been a long time you haven't had your roof inspect they'd give them a call. There could be something wrong up there, and if there is, to let you know, and if there isn't, they'll be honest enough to tell you that everything's okay. A plus with a better business beer online, Fasten fast e n Fastenproofing dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five car the talk station. Hey, if you're listening to me right now, I have six twenty one.
Speaker 2: Here I fifty five krc DE talk station. Always welcome calls five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five eight hundred eighty three talk So guests at five kr SE dot com. We can't listen live, or you want to get your iHeart media so you can listen to the podcast as well as the rest of the iHeartMedia content wherever you happen to be with your smart device. Get it at fifty five Caresee dot com. Stream the audio directly from the page too, if you choose. Let's go to the phones. Who what Bobby's got this morning? Bobby, Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 6: Happy Monday, my brother. Just remember number sixties right around the corner.
Speaker 1: Thanks, I've got It's already Monday. Man, quick piling on.
Speaker 6: I got one political question for you, and I know you're a man about town and you could probably help me out on this, but uh, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. And I heard Joe heading two front row tickets to the iHeartMedia Music Festival, and I'll just wondering who he may be taken with him.
Speaker 1: You should see Joe's face right now.
Speaker 2: I don't remember if I want to call that look discuss disbelieve there's a little eye rolling gun over there. His palms of his hands over his forehead and eyes shaking his head back and forth. Yeah, I don't think Joe's going to be making it out of the I Art Media Uh concert.
Speaker 6: I'm just wondering who the guests may be.
Speaker 2: Knowing that Joe's not going, who the guests that might show up at that event. Probably the answer will be a resounding nobody cares. Right Joe, he says, p did. He will definitely not be there. Brother you too, man?
Speaker 1: You two h Kamala Harris on fracking, where is she.
Speaker 7: M?
Speaker 2: My position is that we've got to invest in diverse sources of energy, so we reduce our reliance on foreign oil for and oil M. We have three options. I got a credit to Arthur Stewart writing this op ed piece. We have three options. First, Kamala Harris is the one who promised the ban fracking outright when she ran for president in twenty nineteen. The second is the one who's running for president now and says she's opposed to a fracking band. The third, Kamala Harris, is Joe Biden's vice president, spending four years being a cheerleader in She for an administration that's tried to regulate oil and gas extraction to death, moving toward a fracking ban in everything but name see that's where the evil regulatory environment shows up. Oh no, we haven't banfracking. We've just made it so blanking impossible to afford me by virtue of our regulations that nobody will invest in it. That's the Kamala Harris we're most worried about, and he writes because she's half of a White House with the record of attacking American energy from every angle he points out. He says she knows exactly what she's doing. Her team is calling her energy policy strategically ambiguous, which is to say, devoid of details, a calculated decision to make blue collar voters in Pennsylvania think she isn't a direct threat to their livelihood. Smarter though than her, they are. Biden turned against his narrative native state after we elected him that he's a Pennsylvania native the guy writing this part of the energy sector too. Does anyone really think that Miss Harris a California will stand with roustabouts and Righands and the Commonwealth come twenty twenty five Like so many coastal laths, and missus Harris appears to have zero knowledge that fracking is safe and proven technology perfected over the decade, which has already helped lower American carbon emissions. Nor does she seem to have any appreciation that fracked natural gas is essential to Americans food supply because that's how fertilizer is made. According to March Commonwealth Foundation, full eighty two percent of Pennsylvania's are worried that affordable energy is slipping away. Going back to my prior point, that's because they're prematurely shutting down colon natural gas plants before we're ready to well replace them with nuclear. It's one thing to have the oil, which we have. We have the largest, We are the largest oil producer. Saudi Arabian Russia used to hold those titles, but we have the resources. As Michael O'Sullivan and Real cl Energy pointed out, it's one thing to have oil, it's another to extract a transport it refine it to usable products, and get those products of the consumer. Thanks to the human ingenuity, we have the science and engineering to do these things in a largely safe and responsible manner. Accidents far less frequent than even just twenty to thirty years ago. But even with responsible energy behavior, we face a persistent obstacle government behavior. It's plain fact we have government officials and agencies who raise themselves up as fierce enemies of our own friend, hydrocarbon.
Speaker 1: That's right, built on the climate cult, you know, nefarius and stupid.
Speaker 4: We have this.
Speaker 2: Conversation all the time. I am more and more convinced that the nefarious have taken over and the useful idiots, ninety percent of which don't know anything about anything, have been convinced that, you know, we are exhaling ourselves into oblivion. I believe that to be an outright lie brought about by the nefarious intellectuals behind the scene. You want to ruin America as a country, as a leading country. The freedoms and liberties that we enjoy have brought made our country the most the most successful country the world has ever seen.
Speaker 1: That interferes with.
Speaker 2: Globalist strategies, we got starving people in Venezuela because they went down the Marxist path. They can look at us and go, why don't we go down that road, the road of freedom? And we have politicians actively arguing against our own best interests. We are in the middle of a fighting war, maybe not with guns, but you know, we are involved in a weird existential threat to us from the four corners of the globe. We're constantly under attack. Our grid is under attack by foreign powers, and our grid is under attack from internal forces which are forcing us into electric everything before we even had a grid that we have a grid that can support it all under the cloak of this religion. Somehow carbon is in spite of the fact that it's tree food. The more carbon dioxide we have, the greener in terms of the image of the world, the growth of plants, the more we have of that. It's simple science which they choose to ignore. Six twenty seven right now mention a foreign exchange. Internal combustion engines. We all love them, We all most all of us have them, and sometimes they need to be repaired. And that's why you don't go to the deal. You go to foreign exchange as certified master technicians will fix your car. You'll leave with the full warranty on parts and service. And the bottom line for Foreign Exchanges, I always point out is your bottom line. You don't pay as much to have your car service at Foreign Exchange than you will at the dealer. They do have your manufacturers technical information, they'll fix your car. You'll be happy because you're leaving with more money.
Speaker 1: What more can you want?
Speaker 2: Austin and the team at Foreign Exchange Westchester location are outstanding of customer service. And if you're worried about money, you are in the right hands there. Take the tillers of their legs in off of seventy five Go two street, Hang it right on Kinglin. You're staring at it online, you can check it out at foreign xformthletter x dot com. Please tell him, Brian said, I when you call for an appointment at Westchester numbers five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six six four four twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 1: Six, fifty five KRC dot com at.
Speaker 2: Can thirty two fifty five KIRCD talk station five one thirty seven four nine to fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk it's in the mail.
Speaker 1: You may as well. You may even get it today Warren County. Brace yourself.
Speaker 2: You're going to be getting your new property tax assessment. Audo dissolves mail the letters to homeowners on Saturday. Of course, Butler County, Hamilton County, Climont County all roughly between thirty or twenty eight in Hamilton and thirty seven percent increase in Butler. Warren County gets its chance now, So gird your loins.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 2: Uh, your home value is going up next year by thirty percent and you can expect to pay around fifteen percent more in property tax. Accorney to Warren County Auditor Matt Nolan, exact numbers vary by neighborhood. On average, home values will go up by twenty seven percent, he said, This means average increase of thirteen to fifteen percent of property taxes, except for those living in Mason, where the within the Mason City School district you know, have a smaller increase actually seven to ten percent, and they say, he said, rather, property taxes will see a big hike in most of Warren County next year because of school districts and levies.
Speaker 1: You voted for it.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry for young people and that's actually one of the conversations we'll have with money.
Speaker 1: Money's Brian James.
Speaker 2: One in four gen z or say they're not going to have kids because of finances, and buying a home seems impossible for this generation.
Speaker 1: West Clarmont Middle.
Speaker 2: School sixth grader facing charges after reportedly made comments about shooting a teacher, corning to the Sheriff's office. Sheriff Robert leehy Lee So the boy reportedly told students last Friday that he planned to shoot a specific teacher, implying at a firearm in his book bag. Students told the teacher in question, who then notified school administrators and school resource officers.
Speaker 1: Deputy on site.
Speaker 2: Sixth grader taken out of class, school officials searched his belongings.
Speaker 1: Sheriff said.
Speaker 2: The officials concluded the boy did not have a weapon or any weapons, and there was no active threat to anybody in the school grounds. Detectives interviewed several students who heard the comments and say their statements were consistent. Released said the boy told detectives that he had made the threat, but had no plan to carry it out and did not have any access to weapons. Detectives also verified with the boys family that he had no access to firearms in the home. Cima County Prosecutor charged the sixth grader with one kind of disorderly conduct in the school zone and aggravated menacing, both described as misdemeanors. The boys of clon in the Claremont County Juvenile Detention Center where he's being held without bond. Detention hearing scheduled for today. Let's see.
Speaker 1: Uh, North College Hill.
Speaker 2: No one inside or outside the North College Hill Stadium was shot or grazed by gunfire Friday night during the North College Hill home football game against visiting Woodward, according to a joint statement from the North College Hill Police and the North College Hill City City School District. In the statement, they say the police department is confirmed and concluded that the gunshots were not in the direction of the state, even the location of the gunshots were several hundred yards away. This is unfortunate event, was an isolated event and had nothing to do with College Hills City Schools and or Woodward.
Speaker 1: People with guns doing idiot things. Six thirty five bitty five care see the talk station, feel free to call.
Speaker 2: It's more to dive on into beyond that and of course, Christopher Smith's coming up at seven thirty and another call you might want to make, and I have a strongly encourage you to do it. Zimmer Zimmer Heating and Air Conditioning the leaders in twenty four hour days, seven day a week emergency HVAC service. Because it never goes out at a right time. Well, nothing's the right time for a year AC unit to go out, particularly given these hot temperatures and humidity. If you need a new air conditioning unit, if yours is beyond repair, and the folks at Zimmer will be honest with you about that, it's a perfect time to replace it. Get a carrier unit. A cool Carrier comfort rebate comes along with that, the inventors of air conditioning Carrier. We're working with Zimmer. You can save up the twenty one hundred dollars replacing your old dead unit with a new one from Carrier. So take advantage of the cool Carrier comfort rebate while it lasts. And you can always trust the professionals at Zimmer Heating and Air Conditioning who've been at this for more than three generations, taking great care of their customers. Go Zimmer dot coms some places I get again an apployment. It's really easy to do. You can learn more about the company on the website as well. Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station men.
Speaker 1: Closet.
Speaker 2: The cloudy day today, showers and storms showing up this evening with a high of eighty over night slight Chanceller angle of sixty five. Cloudy tomorrow with showers and storm off and on. Kind of seventy five for the high. Overnight low sixty one, maybe some showers and Wednesday chance of showers and thunderstorm showing up after two pm. We'll have a highest seventy eight seventy degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic Chuck from the UCAUT Triumphings Center with u see Health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 13: Visit useehealth dot com. Highways not banned at all for your Monday morning. Just beginning to see a few break lights northbound Fourth seventy one heading into the Barrels Dear Memorial Parkway and into downtown. A couple of extra minutes plenty at the moment southbound seventy five.
Speaker 1: That's doing fine.
Speaker 13: Pass Glendale, Milford, chut ingramon fifty five KRE see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six forty fifty five krc DE talk station Happy Monday, go free to cart other than Iran about energy. They usually am, but in this particular hour, and you know, going back to Kamala Harris talking about this all about strategy, but she doesn't talk about the regulatory realities. She can say she isn't against fracking, but the regulations in place make it cost prohibitive. It prevents investments in the idea of fracking. And they just recently actually there's a lawsuit involved in this one because they have canceled yet another pipeline that had been previously approve gas project back in twenty seventeen, this Delphin LNG project was approved. Then the Biden Harris administration took over and Stonewall died, and they also issued a moratorium by new natural gas facilities. But that moratorium kicked in after this Delphin project had already been approved. And they say that it's in violation of the rules because the agency has prohibited from political interference or inappropriate influence into the design, conduct, management, evaluation, reporting of scientific data, research and activities. The bottom line is, you can't use politics to stop a project. It must be based on hardcore science, and nothing scientific has changed in connection with this facility. It's only the administration's policies when it comes to fracking and natural gas generally speaking, calling it suspiciously time. So they launched a lawsuit against the Biden administration. And I understand why. The project first approven twenty seventeen, but the issuance of the license has stalled since then. Federal officials say they couldn't issue a license due to changes in the companies and this is their words, ownership, design, financing, and operations that occurred since the license was originally approved seven years ago. Consequently, the agency said the company must submit an updated application and then wait for a new public comment period, and then of course the inevitable EPA lawsuits or rather environmental lawsuits, than go through a whole nother string of challenges because of the new license issuance. So it's the regulatory environment behind the scenes. She could say frack all day long, but when you're faced with what exists by way of regulations in the background, your words, and you're embracing of fracking, even if it's a lie, mean absolutely nothing. Because unless you promise and see that these rules and regulations are eradicated, opening up a wave of opportunity for folks to actually consider this as a viable option, then it's not gonna happen. On Friday, the House voted twenty fifteen to one to ninety one to overturn the EPA's vehicle emission rules. No idea, what's going to happen in the Senate? You draw your own conclusions. We had eight Democrats joining with Republicans and voting this way back in March. You may recall the Greenhouse Gash emissions or were created requirements created at a whole cloth, which ultimately would force automobile manufacturers to sell evs in lieu of the obviously preferred internal combustion engine. Right now, seven point six of auto sales, or at least last year, were evs four percent for General Motors and Ford. Fast forward eight years from now, under the regulations left increase ev sales by fifteen fold. And of course these emission standards obviously worse for the US automobile manufacturers, who all of whose jobs are in jeopardy, who sell a lot of trucks in E and SUVs. They say they have to effectively produce one to two electric vehicles for every gas powered vehicle in county year twenty seven, and then closer to four in one by calendar year twenty thirty two. It's also noted that the electric trucks cost a hell of a lot more to produce than the electric sedans because they use much bigger batteries. Ford lost forty four thousand dollars on every single EV sold in the second quarter, which is more than even some of its trucks retail for. So it's a terrible business model which never would have been pursued but for the damn regulations.
Speaker 1: Hm oh.
Speaker 2: It's also noted that our automobile manufacturers are not exactly giddy with excitement about EV investments, and they're actually going and backpedaling. Ford announced that they were canceling production of their electric suv, delaying the electric pickup Stilantis.
Speaker 1: In the same week.
Speaker 2: Shutter It stopped, I guess or otherwise delayed retooling a shuttered plant in Belvidere, Illinois that was going to be used for EV production. They're no longer moving forward with that. Energy Department had awarded Slantis three hundred and fifty five million dollars in subsidies to convert the plant to make evs. Biden was all giddy about that one too.
Speaker 1: Now they're not doing it.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't have even considered moving forward with retooling that plant but for the three hundred and thirty five million dollars of your labor that the federal government decided to throw at one company, Stilantis, to produce the vehicles that nobody wants. Velvet Air Mayor Clint Morris, stating the obvious, he didn't think the marketplace should be determined by political quote winners and losers close quote yep. Going back to the reality that I guess it's aok for UH, Microsoft and other massive data centers to have their own nuclear power plants for production so their AI data centers can run. You're not going to get yours six forty five fifty five kres the talk station. Emory Federal Credit Union a better way to bank. I always point that out. It is a better way to bank than Emory than there's big banks. Here's one of the reasons why in celebration of eighty five years since they opened their doors, and congratulations your credit union with hearts since nineteen thirty nine. They're offering some verious specials throughout the year right now one point eighty five percent off your qualified auto loan rate regardless of what kind of audo you buy, and you don't even have to buy a car. With the one point eighty five percent off fied auto loan rate, you can really use it for pretty much anything. It's my understanding. Anyway, learn the details. Go to EMORYFCU dot org. Their rates are always low. They have great rates, and here's an opportunity even lower. It's a load of time offer. Subject to approval restrictions apply. Equal opportunity lender. They are animals number four zero one zero EID seven again online at Emory FCU dot org.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc the talk station by texting sixty four thousand U six fifty.
Speaker 2: Here fifty five KRCD talk station and happy Monday. Try to make it so anyway, I'm always happy about money because we hear from Christopher Smithman every Monday at seven thirty. And then fast forward to eight oh five. Brian James with some sad news. It's so sad one of four gen z are saying they're not going to have kids because of money. I get that on some level, But as I pointed out before, I know the benefits of having children so far outweigh the cost of that. It's just it's not even there's something you should possibly consider. And knowing what I know, doubt about being a parent. You know, if you rewind and say, you know, Brian, it's going to cost you three hundred dollarsand dollars to raise a child to age eighteen, back then I would have said, okay, fine, you know, spread out over eighteen years, and the benefits of having children, you know, that's okay. Just love my kid's death mean they mean the world to me. I wish more young people cannot come to that understanding. But that and the other sad part about it. I just mentioned Warren County. Of the tax bills going up, buying a home will seem impossible for the next generation, and the wise over to one of the races of primary importance of the entire nation. It is a national race, Senator shared Brown. And of course we have a better choice than Bernie Morena shared Brown's been running ads that claim operative word to feature Republicans that are planning on crossing the isle and voting for Shared Brown and not Bernie Moreno. The Washington Free Beacon looked into this and oh oh oh wait a second the ad, which features five of the so called republicans self described saying Brown is the best candidate. One, Dave the Ziri. He and his wife appear in the ad, apparently outside their home. This year's Senate election isn't about party, they say, interestingly enough, while identifying as Republicans. According to the research done by the Washington Free Beacon and lie, they're registered Democrats with a long history of supporting Shared Brown and other Democrats. Kelly VIASII has done in more than ten thousand dollars to Shared Brown since twenty seventeen, according to public financial records.
Speaker 1: The pair also.
Speaker 2: Voted in the twenty twenty two Ohio Democratic primaries when Brown wasn't on the ballot, but they were voting in the Democratic primaries. Illustrating the guest they are Democrats. They hosted a fundraiser in twenty twenty two for then Democratic gubernatorial candidate Nan Whaley. Kelly Vasoeri for her part, an Act Blue link on her Facebook page asking your friends to consider donating to this historic campaign. Now, I just wonder why actually more, you know, well, why would they do this? I guess they think that people aren't going to look into the claims made in these advertisements. But are they so desperate that they have to get five people together that they could find five Republicans who claim they're going to be voting for Shared Brown. Maybe the other four are I that's fine, But if you have a relationship with this other couple and you're gonna, you know, hold them out as sort of Republicans or registered Republicans who have you know, flipped and gonna go full on Shared Brown because he's better for the state, don't you think you want to make sure that they really are and noting that there was this long standing relationship, they could look at their own campaign donations and see that. Now, we better not put the vizieries in the ad because oh, look, they're registered as Democrats and they've given to our camp in the past. According to Washington Free Beacon reporting on it, A spokeswoman for Shared Brown did not respond to requests for comment ah their daughter, although she is not part of the ad. It must be noted actually interviewed Shared Brown for her middle school newspaper in twenty eighteen, So ask yourself the question, how is it that a middle schooler could have access to Shared Brown absent their parents' connection with Shared Brown.
Speaker 1: She's now in college. Apparently.
Speaker 2: She created a website in twenty twenty to sell Ohio inspired apparel and masks to raise funds for Joe Biden's campaign. She wrote on Facebook, Kelly did mom the one who claims to be a Republican in the advertisement for Shared Brown? She created a website to sell them, and she's using local female own business to create the products. Kroly is donating one hundred percent of her product proceeds to the Biden campaign in Ohio, and she's using the USPS for all shipping to help compensate for their lack of funding. I've seen enough, Maga hats okay, Shared You own it. You want to answer a question as to why you would put an actual Democrat on television claiming they are Republicans planning on voting for you, when that is the farthest thing apparently from the truth. Six fifty five fifty five krsit detalk station Christopher Smithmen coming up at seven thirty. Got more to talk about between nine and between the top of the hour and then so or feel free to call in. I'd love to hear from you this morning. I'll be right back after the news.
Speaker 1: We got again another news updates. We're going to get all the five an ear full of information at the top of the hour and they'll break it down fast. Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by seven oh six fifty five cased talks Station. Happy Monday, Thanks again to everybody for all the wonderful birthday issues Facebook.
Speaker 1: Overwhelmed by that.
Speaker 2: It just really made me feel so so happy, even though it wasn't feel too good about turning fifty nine and the fifties for me. But thanks again to everybody. Was awfully, awfully nice. They had a wonderful weekend thanks to friends and family. Coming up bottom of ar Christopher smithvan We're gonna hear one hour for now. Money Monday, Brian James Stocks Boys for a September game. Wonder four gen Zer So they won't have kids because it costs too much money and why buying a home will seem impossible for this generation exactly uplifting topics with Brian James. So for the first one, George Brunnham returns as an event at the farm we want to tell everybody about. He'll be on at eight thirty and then we'll hear from Jeff Suss That is Empower Youth Seminar taking place the twenty sixth Early Cincinnati History.
Speaker 1: Empoweryoamerica dot org.
Speaker 2: Some wonderful, wonderful education opportunities and really a diverse group of classes. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Time five fifty on AT and T phones. Just started off the program talking about Andrew Cuomo's comments and get back to the bat in a minute, because we're trying to figure out who Kamala Harris is and what she truly stands for. Is spent the last hour is looking into energy policy alone, and you know where is she on that.
Speaker 1: It's it's a tough call. Honestly.
Speaker 2: There's some new crime statistics out which support what Andrew Cuomo was saying the other day, even though he endorsed Kamala Harris for president. National Crime Victimization Survey just released its new survey. They've been doing this since the Nixon administration. One of the largest federal surveys on any topic. They speak with two hundred and thirty thousand US residents every year, regardless of whether they've been the victim of crimes or not. I know you hear from the mainstream media citing FBI data, all crime is down, crime is down, crime, and do no, Actually it's not. When talking with individuals again, almost a quarter million United States residents, they ask them about the nature of the crime, whether it was reported to the police, and the demographics of the purpse, as well as under information. Violent crime rate in twenty twenty three nineteen percent higher than counter year twenty nineteen, which was the last year before the defund The police movement went all crazy. But it's not equal distribution of that collective nineteen percent increase. It's concentrated in urban areas. Who runs most urban areas in this country? Right, leftists, leftists, prosecutors don't prosecute. We have the defund the police movement. Police aren't willing to go out and risk their lives when when they have no respect and people will belittle them constantly. Heavy scrutinization lacks enforcement ensues. When you don't reward the police for their well efforts in crime fighting, send them over to the prosecutor's office, only to be released without bail, maybe not even prosecuted acurd to the NCBs survey, urban violent crime rate increase forty percent between twenty nineteen and twenty twenty three. Take out simple assaults, the urban violent crime rate up fifty four percent, and property crime in urban environments. Apparently, urban environments also really getting worse, rising from one hundred and seventy six point one victims per thousand and twenty twenty two to one hundred and ninety two point three per thousand and twenty twenty three. Violent crime rates in suburban and rural areas unchanged basically since twenty nineteen, So a big difference there. Left wing cities, left wing mayors, prosecutors, and the defund the police movement have really come home to ruce.
Speaker 1: Governor Cuomo. He's a Democrat.
Speaker 2: You may remember former Governor Andrew Cuomo from New York was governor between twenty eleven and tim twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that guy.
Speaker 2: He was at Bedford Central Presbyterian Church in Brooklyn yesterday. He started by endorsing Kamala Harris for president, calling her smart and qualified. In his words, she's going to unite the Democrats. She's going to bring a new energy. And because the opponent is Donald Trump, and we've seen that and we're not going to go back there again. So his one big reason for supporting Kamala Harris, I don't know what smart and qualified means to him. I don't know what new energy means. It's Donald Trump's the problem for him. And then pivoting over to Democrat policies, which he apparently does not like. He said, Harris getting in an office wouldn't solve all of our problems. Government isn't working for the people on a very basic level. Quote, things are getting worse, not better. Remember whose administration we're currently living under, Democrat Cuomo. Things are getting worse, not better. Maybe referring back to the crime statistic I just mentioned, he went on, and I think it's time that we took a fresh look and take a new perspective when we look at what's going on. Kind of like Kamala Harris is doing, backpedaling off what she campaigned on in twenty nineteen, and now trying to sell herself off as a moderate on some level, a new perspective today, he said, we have a great political argument on the Democratic side who is more progressive And I don't even think they know what the word means progressive. You cannot be progressive if you don't make progress, he said. The United States, and his words, is going backwards thanks to the progressive policies.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: Some people think it's progressive to say defund the police. Yes, in theory, if everybody had an education and everybody had a job, nobody would need to commit a crime. I get the theory, but it's not that simple. He said, Defund the police are the three dumbest words ever uttered in politics, and not Brian Thomas, the three dumbest words ever uttered in politics. H He then pivoted over to the terrible migrant situation going on in New York City, which he said, we can't just have one hundred thousand migrants coming to New York City and only New York City, nowhere else in the state of New York, only New York City, and leave it all up to New York City to pay for hotels for healthcare. Over ten billion dollars, no plan by the federal government, no real help from the state whose federal government at least is it sort of you know, And we're dealing with the Biden Harris administration. We're dealing with the Biden Harris open border situation. And here he is Democrat former Governor Cuomo complaining about the aftermath of this open border situation. It's the federal government's policy, the Biden administration, by waiving of the executive pen to eradicate Donald Trump's efforts to secure the border, that brought this about the residence of New York City. So there's something else that's wrong with the progress of movement. I spent the entire six o'clock hour talking about the progressives argument about, you know, energy policy, which is insane, and they, if you look across the board here as we approach November, they're movingday, the Democrats, the Progressives and for the large for the most part, it appears, are moving away from their very own agenda. Why because it sucks. We're all living the realities of it. The three dumbest words ever uttered in politics, defund the police. Score on the phone and see what William's got this morning William. Thanks for calling this morning. I always love hearing from folks. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Good morning, my sands.
Speaker 2: Oh good, you're still surviving. Good, that's wonderful way. I'm glad to hear that hate that you got it. But you know how how much it sucks to hear those words when I'm glad.
Speaker 1: You're doing okay.
Speaker 4: Yes, last week you were talking about what would happen is Donald Trump was killed before the election.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone closed that question. Yeah, I had been reading about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wouldn't the key be the electoral college? I mean, if he if he was dead when the when the electors met, they wouldn't be bound to vote for him, and so they could vote for you know, Ron DeSantis or Nicky Haley or et cetera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Republican National Party, as I understand it from what I read. I can't remember. It was a Bloomberg article. It was some article by a quote unquote at least reasonably respected news source did a legal analysis of this. And while they really weren't quite sure what would happen in terms of you know, the cutoff dates, like in Ohio you have to be registered and and and the nominee has to be identified by I don't know what the date was, but if you've passed those dates and early voting has already started, how do you unring the bell on a ballot that went out somebody's name on it who's no longer eligibly to be president. But my understanding, though, the takeaway was that the RNC would select the replacement, how that replacement ends up on the ballot, and the whys and wherefores of a ballot cast for a man who's no longer around. I really was left puzzled, as they seem to be themselves about how how how that's actually dealt with effectively.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, they don't have to be on the ballot in the electoral college. They can, you know, the the election vote for.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like sort of like what they claimed Donald Trump was trying to do substitute his electors with the ones that Okay, yeah, yeah, that's certainly an answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that sounds logical. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And if and if let's say two Republicans wanted to be president, and you know, nobody got a majority in electoral College, then they would have to go to the House of Representatives.
Speaker 9: For the decision.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't think we've ever faced this before in American history, or I probably would have run across something doing an analysis on it. But you know, I take all theories of this juncture. I just pray and hope that it doesn't come.
Speaker 1: Down to that, right.
Speaker 2: I agree, Yeah, I mean really, I mean two efforts to assassinate Donald Trump. Already it is close to the election. Deck seems to be stacked against him right now, doesn't it. I appreciate it. Wid It's a great conversation to have, and I really wish I had a definitive response on how that would all work out. But in the final analysis, I don't want to ever see that happen, and I certainly don't want to see it on the other side either. There's some nutcase Republican out there who hates Kamala Aarris for any reason whatsoever. It is not in any way, shape or form appropriate to even consider assassinating someone. Lord Almighty, I know we live in a crazy world, crazy times. There's a lot of people out there that are easily influenced. But let's not go down that road anywhere. Coble to seven to seventeen fifty five KRCD talk station. Feel free to offer your thoughts and comments by calling. And another call you want to make is to my friends at Plumb Tight Plumbing. It's always plumbing done right when you're dealing with plumb Tight plumbing. They lived by the motto plumbing done Right, and it is I can vouch for that. They've done a bunch of plumbing projects in my house over the years, always to my satisfaction. Emergency service absolutely twenty four to seven. You can call them up and they will handle your raining chandelier problem as I like to Joe, considering that that was my issue. But they've done numerous projects, most recently the bathroom remodeling project. Effective, great customer service. The pricing is always fair and ethical. They'll never say anything you do not need. It's easy to schedule appointment by going to plumbtight dot com, which is what I did last time I needed a plumbing project. Actually it was gone to the bathroom. I had them fix my backflow valve. Apparently the PVC of my sprinkler system had cracked and was spewing water out, and I called them on I reached them on a Sunday online. They got back with me in five minutes. I had the appointment schedule. I was in great shape, and it didn't take them any time whatsoever to fix the problem. And it was absolutely fair and ethical pricing. Call them up five on three seven two seven, eighty four eighty three, five one three seven twenty seven tight or just head on over to the web page plumtight dot com.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: The biggestation is straight to the phone before we get to the bottom of hour and Christopher Smitheman Smith Event five one two three tok Former Anderson Township trustee Drew Pappas.
Speaker 1: Good to hear from you, my friend. Always a pleasure.
Speaker 6: Morning, Brian.
Speaker 1: How we do it today? I'm doing pretty good under the circumstances.
Speaker 4: I don't understand this term you use.
Speaker 10: Grain.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of confused by it.
Speaker 1: Haven't had it for so long.
Speaker 11: I welcome the coming.
Speaker 1: Rain today and tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of folks out there that rely on it for a livelihood, that are suffering badly because of the lack of it.
Speaker 2: Farmers, Oh my god, the corn crop. Not that you know, I appreciate, you know, corn for what it is. But man, if you're if you're growing corn for a living in the area, you are really in a huge world of heard. I don't think I probably can have to plow those steels under.
Speaker 11: Let's not forget about them. You were mentioning the show Brown ad with the fake Republicans claiming the Republicans, And I'd like to remind everybody you know, not only is that just looking right in your eye and lying, which is typical of the Democrat senator from Ohio who's who possessed himself as a Republican, which is why those people said that to try to fool people. The other thing is it's actually a violation because there is a there was a remember when all this I approve your mess this message tagline began to appear on political ads that is actually to stand by your ad provision of a Campaign Reform Act of two thousand and two. So shared Brown knew because he, as you pointed out, had a relationship with these people, he knew they were Democrats, yet he approved the ad, so he stamped his signature on there. That it's almost like an Affidavid that everything in here is true. I don't think anything because as you all know, Congress makes law and then.
Speaker 1: Doesn't abide by them themselves.
Speaker 11: I don't think anything will come of it, but it's just interesting to point.
Speaker 1: Out that not only is it a lie, but it's actually a violation of that Act.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean that's to separate political action committees from nur shenanigans. In your own personal message, which is your approve. I get that, which is why.
Speaker 11: Right, and there's gotta be no repercussions from that. And I you know, I did not not so your reporting today. I didn't know the extent. I knew that there were stories out that the guy was, you know, obviously a Democrat just by his voting record, but I didn't know the personal relationship that they actually had with the guy that as you mentioned about his family. And you know, it's just I find it funny and sad at the same time that we have continually, at least for the last several years, elected this Democrat who who comes back to Ohio and pretends to be a Republican and tells everybody how conservative he is that yet he juckyl and Hyde relationship as soon as he leaves the confines of the state turns into some wildbral and just absolutely is one of the strongest, biggest Democrats up there in Congress as far as the voting record.
Speaker 1: Goes with the Biden administration.
Speaker 11: I hope folks remember, and I hope that, which is the reason I'm seeing.
Speaker 1: A lot more ads and a lot more mailers.
Speaker 11: I mean, the Democrats have no business mailing me pro Democrat mailers, yet they are. So I know that race is. I know that race is remarkably closer than people know. And I just asked that everybody out there consider and really think about supporting a change in DC and voting for Bernie Marino for state Senator from Ohio.
Speaker 2: Every Senate race is so important. You know, if we get the House and you don't get the Senate, you got gridlock. That's the bottom line. You can have an executive branch with a strong executive pen as long as it's lawful, but without the Senate, you're not going to go anywhere. It's just sad reality where we are. But that is the republic we find ourselves in, and that's the way it's always been. Drew Pappus, keep up the good work, my friend. I enjoy your Facebook posts quite often they crack me up. Become friends with them on Facebook. Thanks brother, I have a great week seven twenty six. If you have KCD talk station, we will be his neck of the woods. Next actually the next listener lunch first Wednesday of next month, the last one before the election at Anderson Pub and Grill. So hopefully Drew can make it to that. Stick around Smith him in next after Award for my friends. Suzette Low's Camp at Cross Country Mortgage. She's in a position to help you in all fifty states and Puerto Rico. She is the best in the business. Customer service in the mortgage business could not possibly be better than Suzette Load's a camp. Hoping to the test. Give her a call. She'll get you through the whole process very quickly, little pain. Because she's so nice to work with, you'll actually look forward to it. And she handles everything related to mortgages, so regardless of what you're looking for by way of mortgages, you're in the best possible hands. She excuse me, never charged the junk fee. There's never an application fee. It's always great rates at a low cost. That's the bottom line. She prides herself on finding what's option is absolutely the best one available for you, and explain this to you. She helped my daughter get financing for her home in no time. It worked out so well for her. Just a great personal illustration of her effectiveness and serious customer service. Call her up if you can even call her up now outside of business hours, she'll get right back with you.
Speaker 1: Great at doing that.
Speaker 2: Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Just shoot her an email if you choose. So, is that dot Low's camp that's spelled l O s E k A MP. So is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot com fifty five KRC and I'm gonna let you in on a wireless.
Speaker 14: Sponsored by Staples Store. Steeples prints anything you need for your business, like banners, flyers, and signs, and Staples will beat any price quote plus now print more say more up to one hundred and fifty dollars off your print purchase off for NZ eleven.
Speaker 1: Two exclusions apply.
Speaker 14: Visit Staples dot com slash print for details or Staples dot com slash price match for price match guarantee.
Speaker 2: Weather time cloudy today showers and storms this evening eighty for the high overnight sly chancell rain sixty five for the low, on and off showers. Tomorrow they say mostly cloudy all day with the highest seventy five, few showers overnight with a low of sixty one, and we get a cloudy day and night on Wednesday. Showers and storms are expected after two pm seventy eight for the high on Wednesday. Right now, it's seventy time for traffic.
Speaker 13: From the UC Health Traffic Center with u see health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments. I'd give patents and chance for better outcomes. Is it u see health dot com. West Pound two seventy five continues to be a slow go Milford to Montgomery with an accident near Loveland Center Lane. South Pound seventy five slows through Lachland northbound seventy five now break by. It's a buttermilk shot chamber month fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty seven thirty one fifty five Kerr City Talks Station. It being Monday, is that time a week we get to hear from Christopher Smith and former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati with the segment we call the Smither Event. Welcome about Christopher. Always a pleasure to have you on my program.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you so much, Brian. I hope you had a great weekend. I am praying like Pappus is praying for rain. You're praying for rain, and you know our state needs rain. It's just drafts, the farmers, people's yards, just lake levels are down. So I'm hoping to get two or three days of some heavy rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need lots of it. Yeah. I feel sorry for the trees. Means.
Speaker 2: You can see the corn, it's just just dried up and it's not producing at all. It all looks yellow. I figured probably gonna have to plow it under. But I see my own yard and I have an irrigation system, and my trees are struggling mightily with the lack of rain.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 10: Look, I want to start with making it really clear that citizens need to register to vote. The deadline to register to vote across our states, but you know it's closing in and you have to do that before the first early vote is cast in in our area. Your address must match the Board of Elections or you'll be voting provisionally. So if you sold your house, moved into an apartment, you haven't updated your address, you've updated your license, and you go and try to vote, that vote won't be counted. So right now, get a voter registration card, admit it to the in our area, the Hamilton County Board of Elections in Norwood, and make sure your address is all matched up. This is a huge election on so many different levels in our area. We have a Hamilton County Prosecutor's Rates, which I know you talk a lot about, but a lot of people aren't talking about it because we're very focused on the presidential election. But Melissa Powers is the only standing Republican in Hamilton County. We've got all Democrats at City Hall, we've got all Democrats at the County Commission level, and then we've got Melissa Powers. Look, I don't care what your affiliation is, whether you're an independent, a Republican or a Democrat. Having a county all one party is never good. It's not good for any of us. But to have law and order in our county is critical. I mean, this is one of the most critical positions in Hamilton County and We've seen prosecutors across the United States Roague ones bring all kinds of frivolous lawsuits against At this time, I would say former President Trump misusing their power. We've seen that in New York, for example. We don't want to see that in Hamilton County. We don't want to see the Hamilton County Prosecutor's office politicized. So I'm supporting Melissa Powers. She's a great person, She's doing a great job, and I support law and order. And if you're a person out there whoever is a victim of a crime, you're gonna want Melissa Powers.
Speaker 4: In that seat.
Speaker 10: If you're a person who is already a victim of some kind of crime, you appreciate having somebody like Melissa Powers in that seat. So as we focus on the president of true election, I want to make sure that we focus in on some of these big races here locally. I know we were talking about the Marino Brown race. That's another big race. And I also want to hone in on this sheriff race with Jim Neil. Quiet race under the radar it feels like, but it's a big race. I'm supporting Jim Neil in that race, and I think others should look at making sure that our shaff is doing not just a good job, but it's really just focusing on the law, not politicizing at all. The Sheriff's office. It's a very powerful office, very important office to Hamilton County. And I'm supporting Jim Neil and those people Brian get up under my skin who won't register to vote, who aren't registered to vote but have an opinion about the election. Listen, I don't want to hear it, right, So what gets me frustrated? And I think people listening here on your show are people who come to us and voice all their opinions. They're all hot around the collar right, very much into their faith. But when it comes to the election, they say their vote doesn't count and they don't show up, and then we have elections being lost by five hundred votes, by twenty votes, by five votes, by one hundred votes because people kept there behind home. I'm telling you on November sixth, if you walk up to me and you're talking, remember when you vote, it's a public not who you voted for, but it's a public record. I can go right there in Hamilton County and look and see when was the last times you counted, When was the last time you voted? And what elections? What party did you vote on in a primary? Did you pull a Republican or a Democratic primary? My point to you is, don't sit back and talk about any of these elections if you're not willing to get up registered to vote, and even more so if you are a registered to voter, to show up and vote in the election. Or November the fifth Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: Exclamation point, Christopher Smithman will pause, will bring Christopher back for more of the smith event.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty six right now.
Speaker 2: If you've have KC detalk station and always a strong recommendation to call USA Insallation and have your home inspected to see if you're adequately insulated.
Speaker 1: If you know you're not.
Speaker 2: Those pre mid seventies homes had nothing in the space that's in that exterior wall. It's a cavity in there. To fill it with the USA Premium phone, with the highest R value phone on the market, you're going to be very happy you did. You'll notice an increase in comfort day one. It's noticeably improved comfort. You'll notice your eight year air conditioning won't be running as hard. It won't be facing that uphill, impossible to beat challenge, which means you your equipment's going to last longer. That's one of the little side benefits of US I don't always mention, but your house will be more comfortable. And then when the energy bill comes, it's going to be less with energy bills going through the roof and they continue to write. Do something to put an end to that. Save yourself serious money and qualify yourself for a twelve hundred dollars check for the from the federal government. That's right, an energy tax credit of twelve hundred dollars when you do your taxes next year, just because you did the right thing for yourself and be selfish and take advantage of additional twelve hundred dollars. It's the right thing to do. It pays for itself. Guaranteed savings, guaranteed improve comfort three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam USA Insulation dot net.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: By Texteam sixty four Dom seven at the five kr CE detalk station.
Speaker 1: Money Monday.
Speaker 2: Brian James at the top of the Iron is in the meantime, we're talking about Christopher Smith, and from your vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, with a smither event, Christopher or what else is on your mind, my dear friend.
Speaker 10: Look, brother, the Democrats have rolled out Hillary Clinton campaign for the vice president for United States, for the United States of America.
Speaker 4: I just want to remind.
Speaker 10: Citizens across this country because what she's attempting to do is talk to white female voters.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 10: She wants to push suburban white women to vote for Kamala Harris. That's the strategy as a politician, That's what I see. Here's the problem with Hillary Clinton. When her husband was in the White House and women were accusing him of sexual misconduct.
Speaker 4: Remember it was.
Speaker 10: Hillary Clinton who shut those voices down. The me Too movement meant nothing to her when it came to her husband. I'm talking about before Monica Lewinsky and cigars and under the desk and what was happening with her dress when DNA happened to get on her dress and she brought that forward. I'm talking about all the other women that accused Bill Clinton for his inappropriate behavior in their marriage. And here she is damning people talking about whether it's the former president Trump. Are trying to convince us that she's on some high horse for women when when it counted in her own life, she shut those women down, She trashed them, She tried to destroy their lives, saying that her husband wasn't involved.
Speaker 4: In that misconduct.
Speaker 10: And I just want to remind the public that that was Hillary Crientton. So let's not get for let's not lose our memory here and get amnesia when these politicians are rolling out. You don't see Bill Clinton out there talking.
Speaker 1: And there's a reason, You're right.
Speaker 10: Incredibly that is so incredibly frustrating for all of us right out here when we watched these politicians roll out and they try to tell us, oh man, she's wonderful, she's great, vote for this person. I'm not listening to any of that madness, you hear me. I'm very very focused, and I think it's a shame. Let me talk a little bit about Oprah Winfrey and the interview with the Vice President. Oh wow, she Oprah looked like a deer in head. Like anybody watch the interview. Look at Oprah's face. She could not believe some of the answers that were coming, meaning Oprah would ask a question and not get a career answer to say the least right. But when they panned in on Oprah's face, her eyeballs were open and she had to save the Vice president several times during that interview to say, this is what you mean, this is what you're saying. Let me clarify what I just heard. There was no clarity, as people said it was a word salad. You didn't quite understand what she was saying in that interview. And I'm tired of these dog gone celebrities. By the way, P Diddy, Sean p Diddy, a lot of these dog on West Coast actors, actresses, politicians, preachers are all lawyering up right now because the next Epstein is here in jail on suicide. Watch and watch them over the next forty days. Whether it's whether it's Steve Harvey, whether it is Jennifer Lopez who dated him, whether it might be Bill Clinton himself. You're going to watch a lot of these West Coast people that are trying to tell us in the Midwest how we should live our lives, right, And you guys are out there talking on the West Coast having sex with children, meaning they want to be a star, but to be a star, you got to have sex with me. Right, this thing looks like the Catholic Church. Meaning what's been going on in all of these executives who've been resigning over the last two weeks. Right, I'm tired of here in California and New York try to tell me in the Midwest that my culture is bad, that there's something wrong with me. That they want the popular vote, not the electoral vote to elect the president because they decide they want to decide who the president of the United States of America. Let's go ask P Diddy in jail on Suicide Watch if I want him endorsing anybody for president of the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, why it's been reports this morning? I saw him.
Speaker 2: And you know, I've never cared a wit about what some celebrities says one way or another. I'm not going to They're not going to sway my opinion if they want to use logic and reason, not that I am, you know, filling the blank movie star vote for Kamala Harris. I want to hear why. They don't even know why. But as to the point on P did hey, a lot of people, all these celebrities are are deleting their social media accounts completely because obviously there's a lot of pro P Diddy stuff going on. There are a lot of photographs of them hanging out with him. It is the next Jeffrey Epstein probably or Harvey Weinstein. But regardless, they're running scared. I was joking this morning, sort of half joking about, since P Diddy's on a suicide watch, what are the odds that he's not around.
Speaker 1: In a week or two? Right Epstein?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cameras don't work. They weren't doing their job.
Speaker 2: The guards weren't checking up on him like they're supposed to with anybody on suicide watch.
Speaker 1: It was all a mystery to us. But yeah, he ended up hanging himself.
Speaker 2: I mean, very few people believe that, or at least there's a lot of credibility issues that go along with that. Obviously a well connected man Epstein and a documented pedophile, So people running scared for that, and then he dies and seems to me no one else is running scared anymore.
Speaker 1: Maybe P Diddy's the next one.
Speaker 10: I don't know, it looks like it to me. Briant Thomas, it looks like it to me. And I'm saying they're out there endorsing. They're out there and making these public endorsements. Let's see which candidates over the next forty days have to say, no, I don't accept that endorsement, and they're running from endorsement based on the information that's going to come from P Diddy's house and the videos that he has that the FBI is reviewing. Look, let me say the last thing here. The violence that I saw in Birmingham, Alabama. My family is from the South. Father was born and raised in Birmingham, Ballad, Obama. My mother was born and raised in Montgomery, Alabama, and they met at Tuskegee Institute. Let me just say this, the violence that happened, the mass shooting four people did? I think it's fourteen or fifteen people shot? And the bottom line is we still don't have the shooters. If we don't cooperate as citizens with the police department, we're not going to be able to solve these kinds of crimes. It doesn't have to do with the gun. It has to do with the person who's pulling the trigger. What we have to do as Americans is cooperate with the police department and make sure that he puts the people who get this under the jail so that they never get out. And that means you can't you can't be scared. You have to stand up and say there is someone who came in and shot into this area, shooting innocent people, and we must cooperate with law enforcement. And the assassination attempts on a former president two times, let me tell you, I still am disgusted by listening to the democratic operatives that continue to dehumanize this man. Whether you're voting for him or not, we all have to be able to say that attempted murder is bad at Putting bullets into an election where we're supposed to be voting makes us a third world country. Blaming him for golfing and saying there's an AR fifteen on a fence line that just by chance and luck and God had a secret service person see that muscle of that gun and open fire. Not the leading or not leading it the fifty to fifty candidate wherever you are would be did today. The reality of it is, I thought that everybody would have denounced the attempted assassination of a candidate running for president of the United States, and I continue to be disappointed and disgusted by what I continue to see on TV. Brian Tarmas, you.
Speaker 2: Got every reason to feel that way, Christopher. I mean gun violence, you know, without for defensive reasons. Just going out and killing anyone randomly, arbitrary or intentionally, without proper motive and appropriate legal allowance, like defending yourself is out of the equation, period and the story. And it's even more so when you're talking about major political candidates. I mean, lord, this is the kind of thing that turns society on top of its head, Christopher, and everyone should be, you know, embraced around the your your point, which is this is wrong and it cannot be defended. And you can't blame Donald Trump or the words that pe use to justify trying to kill someone crazy period period.
Speaker 10: And in conclusion, Brian Thomas, look, the reason they aren't doing it, this is so sick to say it out loud, is they believe that talking about this man being possibly asfascinated.
Speaker 4: Helps him in the election.
Speaker 10: They believe that it makes him more human or it galvanizes people who might be supporting him. So the major networks don't want to talk about it for political reasons, even though the candidate on the other side that they are not supporting is being shot at and people are trying to kill him and the election still isn't here. Isn't that amazing what they're playing politics with the appimpted as fascination of a former president and.
Speaker 2: Along roads lines suggest if not outright saying that he was responsible for it in the sense that he arranged it for that reason alone, which is in and of itself absolutely insane. Christopher, always enjoy your comments. I appreciate your passion, sir.
Speaker 10: People please follow me on x at vote Smitherman and I'm so glad that Elon Musk bought Twitter turned it into x and free speech possibly is still alive in this country even though Hillary Clinton doesn't want to have it.
Speaker 2: Oh you oll interject real quick, you are a Catholic in spite of your criticism of the Catholic Church over the child molestation issues, He's a devout Catholic. Christopher, love you, brother. I just want to make sure you I was just want to make sure that was clear. This wasn't a non Catholic taking a go at the Catholic Church. Thanks man, I love you, brother. We'll talk again soon. Speaking of defending yourself and don't be scared sounds cliche to say the world's a crazy place, but it is. Twenty two to three firearm store, indoor range and training facility. They'll help you safely protect yourself and the ones you love twenty two to three once you'd have peace of mind at uncertain times. But this goes way beyond the products and services they provide A twenty two three. They're committed to you. The experience you get from this local, family owned small business is truly amazing at every level. I strongly encourage you to check them out online twenty two to three dot com. That's the number twenty two five with the word three spelled out. They're located on Route forty two between Mason and Levin and telling Brian said, I when you stop, then.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krc they come.
Speaker 11: Here illegally crossing our southern It's the stuff how students people are talking about Canning.
Speaker 4: We are Hamah.
Speaker 1: It turns my stomach and fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 2: AH six fifty five KRCD talk station. Brian Thomas welcoming back to the fifty five KR six Morning Show. As is tradition, it's time four Money Monday with all Worth Financials.
Speaker 1: Brian James. Welcome back, Brian, Hope you had a wonderful weekend you two Woday.
Speaker 12: Today is the morning of the beginning of the turnaround.
Speaker 1: Mister optimist, Yes, going with it.
Speaker 12: People know me won't think that.
Speaker 2: But well you know today well and normally it's time to be pessimistic. Given your line of work, investment guy, you are in. September normally is a bad month for the stock market. I understand that may not be the case this year.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so September normally is a bit of a bumpy time, but that is definitely not the case right around now. There's no there are no rules of thumb, right, we don't believe in that stuff. But there are patterns that you can identify. Unfortunately, they're not predictable enough to be useful. Otherwise that's all we would do. So historically, the stock mark, the S and P five hundred has lost about negative one point two percent. That's the average over all time. We've got some whoppers lately, losing about five percent twenty twenty three and about a nine percent decline in twenty twenty two. Twenty twenty two is one of the worst years we've had on record. We don't really think of it that way, but it was one of the five worst years we've ever had in particularly bad But that's the past, Brian. So as of now, US docs are on track to finish higher in September for the first time in about five years, up about one percent so far as much which on one hand, you think one percent that's not that great, but remember that would translate to a twelve percent annualized rate of return, which we would of course welcome at any time all September right exactly since twenty nineteenth. So we're looking a lot better this month.
Speaker 2: Well, historically, is there any explanation for why September has been such a poor performing month.
Speaker 12: It's a transition. Historically, it's a transition from the summer economy into fall economy. Things can get just a little bit bumpy, and I think this time around we're also remember what's going on right now is that we have a rate cut, which we've been anticipating a long time now. We got a fifty basis point rate cut that will drive us up. But normally it's just a quieter month in terms of economic activity. And there's also some other meetings and things that always occur in decisions that are made around that time that they can push the market below. But again it's nothing that you would want to hang your hat on and mark your calendar really four day around.
Speaker 2: Well, in terms of the rate cut, you know, as you always point out, I think everybody kind of observes, once the rate cut comes out, or increase comes out, as the case may be, it's already been baked into the cake. The markets have anticipated and already reacted accordingly, and so when it finally gets announced, it's usually like, man, you know, that's what we expected. And by the way, we've already factored that in over the past month or two.
Speaker 12: Right S and P and the Nasdaq what they call the tech heavy NASDACK are both up about twenty percent this year. And yes, that is largely an anticipation of a shift in the overall stance of the of the US in terms of how are we going to go forward doing business. So this has been anticipated for a while. That's why we didn't get a big explosion in the stock market. It was not a surprise cut. We all knew the rate cuts were coming. The question was simply when the idea of it being a fifty basis point cut. That was a little bit of a surprise, But that speaks to, I think the economic resilience that our country has. When was the last time you heard somebody talk about soft landing? Right now? I don't know when we're going to declare that we have landed. You know, we just keep talking about it until we no longer are talking about it. There isn't going to be a you know, a blinking light that says we've officially we're out of that era now.
Speaker 1: But so far, so good. Well metal with the markets they do, but the Fed.
Speaker 2: It could it be that maybe this unusual September in terms of gains is a revelation of an anticipation that investors believe there's going to be another rate cut.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because we do this in patterns, right, We very rarely just make one cut or even one hike and then sit. It has to be a series of things. As we you know, we don't never want to stomp on the gas and stomp on the brake pedal. It gives you whiplash. So yes, when we get one, there are usually many more coming. So this is basically the market shifting into a mode of lower interest rates, meaning it gets easier to do business. It will get easier for people to buy houses. That will make people more mobile and able to take that promotion that moves them across the country. Those kinds of things, and those sound like one off anecdotes, but when you add it all together, they cause massive swings in the overall economy, and that's kind of what we're hoping for here.
Speaker 2: Well, do you think another rate cut will make things more affordable? I just saw an article I believe it is this morning. Interest rates, while down, some haven't really been impacted too much by the rate cut because the Treasury rates are still I guess what they are, and that's independently and the Fed does correct.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so there's more at play than just what the Federal Reserve does. The Fed does not directly dictate mortgage rates per se. Mortgage rates usually follow the ten year Treasury and that's a function of supply and demand. If a lot of people are moving those types of assets around, then that's going to have an impact on interest rates eventually. But so one cut is not going to do it. It's the beginning of a trend in terms of seeing a few in a series. That's where we'll start to see.
Speaker 1: Those come down.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, what's your guess? Another rate cut? And you think there's one coming?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 12: And if so, when, yeah, anything, I say as a stab in the dark, But I would say yes, because again, this isn't this is not a one time let's just do a quick fixed here. The story really never ends. So I would say yes. It does make a lot of sense that we're now in a rate cutting environment. The goal was never to permanently be at a higher rate situation. And let's remember that the most recent high quote unquote rates that we're talking about pale in comparison to what high interest rates were in the early eighties. It just never got that bad. Even a six to seven percent warrigage. It feels painful now, and it is painful for people, but historically that's still fairly low. We don't want them, we want to give them back. It's better for two to three four percent. But that's kind of where we are now.
Speaker 2: I know we're going to be talking about this generation, this new younger generation, may be impossible to buy a house. They perceive it to be impossible. But can you imagine this current generation having to deal with the realities of say, nineteen seventy nine or nineteen eighty mortgage interest rates.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: But the thing I would layer on there is the is the folks at that time did not graduate with ridiculous student loans like people. There's more moving parts to this an.
Speaker 2: There really are, aren't there. Brian James will pause early because the next two segments seem to be related. Gen Zers say I'm not going to have kids because of money, and of course buying the home seems like an impossibility. More with money Monday, Brian James. We're gonna take quick break here and I get to mention prestige and tears because you're going to work with the John Ryan.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 2: Ryan's a hell of a great guy, real sweet man. He's got such wonderful knowledge and experience when it comes to kitchen remodeling. He's been doing kitchens for more than thirty years, almost exclusively, and he's a real partner. You sit down with them at the initial design phase. You talk about what you're looking for in your kitchen. Big project, small project. You just want to replace the cabins and countertops, you're in the best hands. And of course, if you want to gout the whole thing and start from scratch, which is the direction we went with John. So very happy that we were working with John. Just love what he did for our kitchen. He's got ideas for design and flow and function and storage that you might not even have thought of. That's what thirty plus years of doing kitchen gets with you. So work with John. You'd be glad you called him up to talk to him about your kitchen remodeling project. He enjoys an A plus with a Better Business Bureau. Member of the National Kitchen Bath Association. Prestige Interiors can be found online at Prestige one two three dot com. Please tell John I said hi when you give him a call. Five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two.
Speaker 3: Two nine fifty five krc iHeartRadio pre Team here fifty about KERCD talk station.
Speaker 1: All our financials. Brian James won that money money thing all right.
Speaker 2: A couple of seemingly related articles, Brian, you got one in four millennials and gen Zer saying that we're not going to have kids. It costs too much. I guess the figure quoted and I've seen, you know, a little bit higher. Two hundred and forty grand is what it costs to raise a child from birth to age eighteen, which is described in the article you gave me as a twenty percent increase from twenty sixteen. Brian, I'm always pointing out, you know, you can't put a value on being a parent. It is such a glorious, wonderful experience. It is personally expanding. You learn more about yourself raising children than you ever hoped and you could imagine, and it's just it's such a nice thing to have the comfort of children and all the it's you know, if you told me and when I when my kids were born, you know, Brian, you're going to spend two hundred and forty grand between now when they're eighteen.
Speaker 1: To raise his child.
Speaker 2: Knowing what I know now to say, yeah, bring it on. That's broken down over eighteen years, and it's not that bad bad given what you get on return on investment.
Speaker 1: Brian.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, and I think, but I think we have to look through it through a slightly different lens because there the reality is things are different there is a perfect storm of crazy out there that is hammering an awful lot of people. And the people who are gonna be able to afford it the least and can have the least amount of things out of left field hit them are the ones who are just getting started. So you got to look at what, of course, where are you going to live rent? Nowadays? You're looking at a minimum. You and I talk about this. We've got kids in roughly the same style or time of life. You're gonna pay them minimum of eight nine hundred bucks a month for just a place to rent, and you're going to hopefully be in a career where you can move around a little bit and continue to get the raises and chase different opportunities. But that doesn't happen for everybody, and it doesn't necessarily happen all that quickly. And the average student loan nowadays is over twenty thousand dollars, and that comes along with a three hundred dollars payment on average.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 12: Of course some are more, some or less, but that's an extra hurdle that people twenty thirty years ago didn't quite have because the cost of that education, like we were talking about before, was not what it is right now. You layer on top of that inflation and just the crazy hikes we've had and the price of everything across the board that isn't coming back down. A lot of that's being driven, of course by outside forces. It's just this time of the economic cycle. But remember there's also a lot of profits seeking enterprises that are benefiting from this. For example, thirty years ago, you and I were not competing and buying a house. We were not competing with corporations who were all also buying houses to turn around and rent. So that has reduced the supply of the town homes and the single family the starter home. Never really talks about starter home anymore. A lot of those are getting picked up and shoved into portfolios that will be filled with renters. That means there's less left over for someone to buy a house and really put those roots deep. So I feel for this generation it's not an easy time to try to get it off the ground.
Speaker 2: Now, most notably in housing. I have to acknowledge and it is kind of a strange reality that this idea of corporations buying up massive quantities of real estate and then you know, not flipping them, but renting them as opposed to, you know, having individual ownership. It's a new concept and a new I guess. I wonder how it is that that didn't arise prior to.
Speaker 1: This moment in history.
Speaker 2: That you know, thirty years ago, there weren't corporations out there, like real estate development trust or real estate investment trusts or something owning all of these properties. It's just it's a new phenomenon. And you give me a reason why that you don't think that's happened before.
Speaker 12: You know, Honestly, I'm going to say, I think technology, Brian plays a role in this because tracking all of that stuff. What this is, when corporations buy up all these properties, they have to keep track of it. There's one person paying rent, and there's a few toilets in that piece of property, they're going to get backed up. Someone has to manage all of that. And so I believe that when I think about things like exchange traded funds, those didn't come to exist until technology could really help build them in a moment's notice. So I think managing the individual components of a portfolio, it's a lot easier to do those things now than it was thirty forty fifty years ago, and I think we had low interest rates for an extremely long time, right, we had fifteen years worth of historically low interest rates, and that made it irresistible for big piles of money to invest in the space because you can get a mortgage against a piece of property that keeps the rates even lower than a normal business loan, and it just became absolutely irresistible. And it's still worth it now. They're making money not off of the interest rates because they're higher, but just off of the idea of inflation and the general acceptance by the public that hey, this is just what we pay now, so therefore it's more profitable than traditional types of investments have been and that's the attraction.
Speaker 2: Well, and speaking of investments, just building generally speaking. And I know there's now this push to come back to work, which means more people are going to have to live closer to the office the way it used to be. So yeah, I want a place that's conveniently located relative to downtown Cincinnati where my office is. I need to buy within this geographic region. But with the Internet and people working from home a lot, you would think that that is a opportunity for building where it's less expensive to do so out in more rural climes where people actually seemingly have a preference to live now, given crime rates and inner cities have gone up and some of the destabilizing realities of living in an inner city like infrastructure decay and things like that. You know, build a subdivision with smaller homes out in some wide open space where there aren't heavy building codes and regulation. That sounds like a money making opportunity for a building company.
Speaker 12: It is, but they're selling them for market rates. So I mean, that's happening all over Cincinnati. You can drive around around the rim the frontier if you will, and I'm up north and up here it's Monroe. You're starting to see subdivisions popping up in Monroe, which is just that much. It's just the new frontier north of Liberty Township. So that's happening. But it's being done not for the goal of let's provide more housing. It's being done for the goal of, hey, this is a profitable enterprise, so let's sell it at market rates. And currently market rates are there what they are, It's just plain expensive for somebody to get started, and that's what they're attracted to. Again, we're not hearing about nonprofits coming out and building subdivisions for this purpose of affordability. We're hearing about corporations who are taking advantage of this strong economy. And we'll continue to hear more of this as rates come down, as it starts to infect mortgages. That the demand for housing. We know the demand is there, so there's really not much to hope for that prices are going to come down because people are still willing to.
Speaker 1: Pay for it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, and I mean, I guess you can overlook the fact that we cat I had about ten plus million additional people over the past several years. They have to have someplace to sleep, and you know, if apartments are the answer to that, whether they're subsidized or not, that's one less apartment or multiple apartments that aren't available on a free market for lower income individuals to actually pay rent and live.
Speaker 12: There, exactly. So it's all a big puzzle. It'll fit together one way or another, but sometimes you got to use a hammer to get the pieces in.
Speaker 2: We had to wait for eighteen percent mortgage rates to go down over time, so I guess we'll have to wait for the supply to increase to the point where the pricing prices level off. Complex no easy solution, right, Brian.
Speaker 12: Nope. The puzzle pieces fit together, but they're not going to fit together for this generation the same way that they did for prior.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 2: Well, we've been through struggles and times before and everybody seems to manage to get through, and then we reflect back on how do we get from there? To hear Brian James, always a pleasure. Monday Monday, every Monday at eight o five. I wish we could talk longer. I got a guess coming up next, and we've already exhausted the topic, so we'll just call it a day to day.
Speaker 1: I have a wonderful week. Brian's always great talking.
Speaker 12: To you, all right, Thank you every good one.
Speaker 2: Uh eight twenty five fifty five Kir Steve Talk Station Cullen Electric speaking at homes. You got residential electric issues, you got a project you want done, well, call Caulin Electric. The folks with the right connections. And I have had coling over my house so many times I've lost track. They do a wonderful job, take great care of you. Your home customer service is superior and the price is always right. What more can you ask for from a residential electric company? That's everything you need right there. It's why they enjoying a plus with a better business bureau. For all any work they do for you, from the smallest to the largest projects, you get a ten year wiring warranty. Trust them, they do great work and uh they are efficient a well oiled machine. Elect to call them five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Learn more online. It's Cullen, c U L E and Colin Electriccincinnati dot com fifty five KRC. This is this simple fingers crossed for the weather, mostly cloudy data. Fingers crosser for the evening showers and storms that Channel nine is predicting today, eighty for the high. Maybe some rain overnights like chance sixty five the low they say on and off, showers and storms tomorrow, mostly cloudy skies in I have seventy five, few showers over night sixty one and Wednesday. Fingers crossed again, chance of showers and thunderstorms showing up after two pm. Cloudy all day, seventy eight for the high. Right now it's seventy two degrees high. For a traffic update.
Speaker 1: From the UCL Tramphic Center with u see health.
Speaker 13: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit uce health dot com.
Speaker 13: Northbound four seventy one continues to be a slow go just over a twenty minute delay from two to seventy five into town. Northbound seventy five break wide buttermilk towards Dixie and southbound seventy five. That's a slow go out of Wachland. There's just a bit of slow traffic left on southbound seventy one approaching Redpank chuck Ingramont fifty five Kerr see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Nine fifty five Carsity talk Station.
Speaker 2: We're having a really nice Monday, trying to make it so anyway, Welcome back to the thirty five Caursity Morning Show. George Brunhaman apparently is a big event coming up at the farm and George is here to talk about it. It's a restored Liberty dot Us event. Welcome back, George. Always great to talk with you, my friend. Thanks Brian, great to be here. So we got a couple of things coming up this week. So Wednesday night at the Farms are our meeting. The special guest is Jack Atherton.
Speaker 15: So we're going to discuss a little bit about the role of media in elections and shaping public opinions. So that should be a very industring interesting discussion.
Speaker 2: So it's a live podcast in front of the in front of the farm audience there on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is.
Speaker 15: So what we've done is the doors open at five point thirty and the dinner buffet, so pick whatever you want to eat.
Speaker 1: It's all good stuff that starts at six.
Speaker 15: And then while you know everybody's sitting at their tables eating, we have a live podcast that you know, Joe comes in helps us do and it's it's been a great way to get people involved and you get a ton of information out there without you know, a lot of fuss and you know, taking up a ton of times that you're eating anyway, and then we start a meeting at seven.
Speaker 1: The meeting, we're going to be talking about what.
Speaker 15: If scenarios, So what if Trump loses, what if Trump wins, what if Bernie wins or loses, What if taxes continue to go and they actually do start taxing your I RA. So there's there's tons of stuff out there to talk about.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 15: And we're also going to ask everybody to bring their address books and pens and some stamps.
Speaker 4: And we're going to start mailing out slate cards.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a great idea, getting ahead of it. Early votings. It's just fast approaching here in Ohio. And by the way, get registered to vote. The time is running out for you to do that. I you know, I think about on the heels of my conversation Brian James, and you know, millennials and young people can't afford they have children, they think, and they can't afford a home, and that's one of the reasons why it's too expensive they have children, on and on on. You know, they're talking about taking more of our tax money, or more of our earnings away from us in terms of you know, increasing the taxes, talk about reducing your expendable income. At a time when housing is unaffordable and our grocery bills are going through the roof. It just seems like a recipe for disaster. And yet this is what the Democrats are running on raising our collective taxes.
Speaker 15: It is and they talk about the Trump tax cut as it only went to the rich. Well, most of that tax cut went to everybody in the middle. It was a phenomenal decrease in the center of the tax table. And they never talk about that. But as soon as that goes away, everyone's going to notice it in their paycheck.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's one of those media lies that keeps getting perpetuated that these Trump tax cuts were just you know, the rich. You know, I get disagreement from some people. They talk about economics. I mean, we pay the tax. When corporate taxes go up, you know, it impacts their bottom line. They're going to raise their prices to cover the additional tax revenue. I just that seems to be just sort of logical thing to do for a corporation. But it's going to make everything more expensive, even if your personal tax bracket isn't directly implicated.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, there's so much lies going on. You know, you watch the football games yesterday and you see lie after lie. I mean, Kamala shared Brown. If they had to tell the truth, it would be you know, a five second commercial.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, and you can't get you can't pin Kamala Harris down on anything because she doesn't answer any questions.
Speaker 15: Don't you wish you had a job where you could do that? Just voted it, never really do anything. It's absolutely bonkers. And you know, we've got relatives asking us, oh, can you give me a favorite vote for Harris?
Speaker 1: And the comeback is like, are you out of your brain?
Speaker 4: There's no way.
Speaker 2: Well in the response again is why would I do that? And then they say, well, because Donald Trump. And they can't elaborate on why that will be so bad for the country of Donald Trump's elected. And I know it comes with some downsides, but comparatively speaking, I felt a lot better economically and in terms of world security and foreign affairs relations, better under the policies of Donald Trump than I ever have felt under Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, Oh, for sure.
Speaker 15: And this whole idea of you know, he's bringing an assassination attempt on himself heard. I heard the conversation with Christopher and it's like, actually, my wife and we were in Florida, That's where we were last week, and we were literally like two or three miles from where that happened. Had no idea what was going on. I found out via X because Bernie Marino had sent out a note that he had been attacked again or potentially was. And I mean they didn't even stop the football games to tell you that. That's how little they regarded. Yeah, it's it's so open and obvious. I mean, folks like you and I pay attention all this time and you can see it all day long. And she makes you wonder when you see polling that shows Harris neck and neck or even past Donald Trump and in terms of who people plan on voting for, you just.
Speaker 1: Why, I'm just it's it's just absolutely nuts. It is.
Speaker 15: So the other event we're doing, I want to make sure I get this in as well as the movie, Hill Billy Elogy really gives you a lot of interesting background information on JD. Vance and why he does some of the things he does. So we're going to do a showing of Hillbilly Elergy Thursday night at the Parkland Theater over in Sailor Park. That's the same kind of schedule. We're going to open up the pub there at five point thirty and then you can just walk right into the theater at seven to watch the movie. We're trying to get JD to send us some background information that we can share with the group. But it's very important to understand where that man comes from and why he does seem to have this, you know, ability to connect with Middle America and below. I mean, he came from nothing and made something of himself. So it's the American dream story. And I think it's important for people to understand. You know, in some ways JD is a better Trump than Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're not the first person I've heard say words along those lines, George, that is for sure. Anyway, Hill Billy lg the Parkland Theater Thursday the twenty six at five thirties when the pub opened seven o'clock to the movie and then the Farm be at the Farm on Wednesday, five thirty pm. Dinner at six here Jack Adden, he is brilliant. Love what Jack has to say. So you get to watch that live. Joe Strecker obviously producing that podcast mister podcast himself. Oh and he just chimed in, George, George, Joe will be happy to sign autographs. Another reason at the farm, George, thank you so much for what you do each and every day and restore Liberty dot Us is where you find George and other things that are going on. We'll have you back on again. I'm sure real soon, George. Have a wonderful week and I hope the events are both very successful.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 2: All Right, you got options, and one of the options is for my next guest on Thursday, Empower You Seminar September twenty sixth early since e History. Jeff Seuss is going to join the program coming up next to talk about that. And first, I want to save you money. We're talking about the economy. Everything's more expensive. You need to find places to save money. And when a hospital image is discussed with your doctor, and your doctor most assuredly will want to send you to the hospital system that owns his or her practice. That's when you realize, well, wait a minute, I've got a choice when it comes to my medical care. If I go to affordable imaging services, I can save literally thousands of dollars. Every circumstance is different, but I always like to rely on my friend Jeff's experience where he called ahead of time to the imaging department and found out after his insurance payment was processed, his echo cardiogram was going to set him back personally thirty one hundred dollars. I know, it's mind boggling. And the echo cardogram at Affordable Imaging Services with everything included including the board certified radiologists report is only four hundred and ninety five dollars.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: No, up's no extra, same equipment to hospitals, use same professionals operating, and you have a choice, and that kind of savings across the board where there's an mri CT scan, ultrasound, long screening, cardiac scoring, you can save yourselves a heapload of real money. Affordable Medimaging dot com to learn more, call them up and scheduled depployment. It's five one three seven five three eight thousand. Five to one three seven, five three eight thousand.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: By texting.
Speaker 2: It's hey forty here fifty five KRCD talk station. I mentioned going to the break. We have choices and a couple of choices now for the twenty six Welcome back to the fifty five CARC morning show. Columnists and library and at the Cincinnian inquired George jeff Cez, author of a multitude of books we've talked about before. George has been on the program talking about Lost Cincinnati, Hidden History of Cincinnati, CINCINNTI, Van and Now, and Cincinnati an Illustrated Timeline. He's also written on other topics including the Disneylands, Tomorrow Land, the Bengals, San Francisco forty nine. He is a resident of White Oak, since any guy he is, although he's not originally from here, but he's doing to empower you seminar. You can find more information to registered empower You America dot org, a seminar on Cincinnati history. Jeff, welcome back to the Morning Show. It's good having you back on. Thanks for having me real quick here being a librarian of the city. Since at Enquire they have their own library there obviously.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, we kind of did, you know. We had all the clips and the photos and things for you know, references for the reporters and the copy letters and stuff.
Speaker 1: Over the years.
Speaker 5: But when we moved buildings about two years ago now, we donated our photofiles to the public library and the public libraries digitizing them all now and they're going to be access to the public. Oh that's great, A good way of the community kind of being have better access.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. Remember having to use microfish back when I was a little kid. Yes, yes, digitized now I know makes it a lot easier.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can do so much research just from sitting at home in my pajamas, So you know I can't argue with that.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with working from home. Along these lines, Well, Jeff, you're gonna do a seminar empower you America. Now, is this going to be live at the two twenty five North on Boulevard with log in access from home or is this only log in?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: To be really honest, I'm not sure. I'm I just show up to talk, Okay, Well, but I would assume it's going to be as the normal access normal.
Speaker 2: I just answered my own question because the link is on my blog page fifty five KC dot com. You can register to attend in Perchin or registered to attend virtually. So I guess you'll be appearing at two twenty five North on Boulevard. O since a how far back in time do you go? I had a historian friend, we called him Bob from Oakley. He wrote books on the early uh Cincinnati area history, early Ohio history. I mean he went way way way back, like five thousand years ago with the earliest dwellers in our area. How far back are you going to start this presentation, Jeff, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna talk really more about kind of the early European settlers to come in kind of during the seventeen sixties seventeen seventies, just because it's more of a frame of reference. You know, I don't really I'm not a scholar on you know, the ancient cultures and a lot of that stuff is still you know, we're finding new things out every day, So I'm kind of focusing on kind of like early America and how Cincinnati was being founded at the same time America is starting, and all the same forces that are going on. So you have those early frontier settlers like Daniel Boone. You know that sometimes is surprising to realize that Daniel Boone was a real person and he really did stuff around here. He wasn't just a legend, and you know, kind of the connections to your American history of that kind of the.
Speaker 1: Revolutionary War period.
Speaker 2: Do you talk about how it was that people ended up settling here in Cincinnati as opposed to I don't know, Ironton or any other town along the Ohio River. I mean, I understand the river connection makes perfect sense considering that's how trade was conducted. But why Cincinnati, why this particular spot on the map, Well.
Speaker 5: They had three settlements all around within a month of each other. They were founded in seventeen eighty eight and eighty nine. There was Columbia, there was Cincinnati, and there was North Bend, and those were kind of the major ones, all starting right there six seventeen eighty eight. That's also you know, the first election and everything. You know, the country is just starting and within a couple of years, this whole Ohio Indiana kind of area is called the Northwest Territory, and a lot of this was the American Territory, and so there was a lot of tension and stuff. So they had to build a fort, and for a couple of different reasons, Cincinnati was the best location to locate the fort, and that was Fort Washington. And we still use that name for the freeway cross, can you know, for down freeway access. And so that having Fort Washington meant that it was also the center of the new county, Hamilton County, and so all of the political things, the legal things, the courthouses, everything like that becomes Cincinnati becomes the center. And so then as that grows, especially compared to the other settlements around, you're drawn to it because it's got more established. So you had more and more people. And when you're going out there, most people want to be near other people, except Daniel Boone, who would get tired of people and go and settle something else.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true. They what just said, hold you over? And I do, because what are you asking? How the erie erie canal helps solidify Cincinnati. Also a couple other things about this like Sims Purson. I live in Sims Township, so my township has the name from Sims and the Sims purchase more with Jeff Cease in a minute here. First I got to close out. I mentioned Peter Sheba Kellowiam seven Hells. He's an outstanding real estate agent, outstanding human being, brilliant he is and always shapes and forms of real estate is well, that's where he shines. He has collected the best real estate agents from all over the area. They now are with this pre group of Colorwilliams seven Hills. They are superior.
Speaker 1: What they do.
Speaker 2: They offer tremendous value, which is so important. They're paying a commission and the commission structure are now different and it benefits you. But working with the SBRI Group will certainly benefit you over the other guys because of the value they add whether you're there, your buyer's agent or seller's agent, keep you out of problems, make great recommendations. They are the team to work with. Plus programs galore, including the instant offer program, Love It or Leave It and cash the Keys. You can learn more about those programs and more about the Shabri Group by going to the website seven zero eight three thousand dot com. That's seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Tell them I said hi. When you give them a call, it's five P one three of course, seven zero eight three.
Speaker 3: Thousand fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: One more time for the weather and keep your fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: We get the rain that's in the forecast cloud these guys Today evening showers and storms in a high at eighty if you chance, little chance to ring with the highest sixty five on and off. Showers and storms Tomorrow with mostly cloudy sky seventy five for the high down to sixty one overnight, and yes, another chance of showers come Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Another chance of showers and storms after two pm.
Speaker 2: Cloudy day all day seventy eight for the high closing out at seventy two.
Speaker 1: It's time for final traffic check.
Speaker 13: From the UC Health Tramphing Center with uce health, the future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit ucehealth dot com. Southbound seventy five, continue slow through Walkland northbound seventy five. That's a slow go buttermilk towards Kyle's northbound fourth seventy one. That's over a fifteen minute delay out of Southgate into town with a new accident left shoulder above Memorial Chuck ing Ram on fifty five KR see the talk station, Hey fifty fIF.
Speaker 2: Five KRCD talk station. Happy Monday to you. Brian twas here with Jeff C. Stoing with presentation Thursday. Empower Youeamerica dot orgs where you sign up with sign up and log in from home or alternatively show up at the power you some in our studios. Two twenty five Northland Boulevard FKA fram USA is building jeff Erie Canal that used to be where Central Parkway is now right.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yeah, is the Miami and Erie Canal that connected Lake Erie to the Ohio River. And the basic idea actually came from George Washington that he wanted the inland waterway system to connect the Great Lakes to the rivers. And what that really does is, or did is, you know, you have all the goods and services going from the north, you know, New York and all that that can reach the Great Lakes through the Ohio River to the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico. And so Cincinnati became a key part of that whole connection. But that's really the only good until you have railroads that kind of replace.
Speaker 1: All of that and commit do something.
Speaker 5: It's an engineering like a couple of decades.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just it just is mind some remnants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I know, and yeah it is, and all the locks that had to be built, and I just I imagine the tremendous labor and expense it was to build it, and like you point out, it wasn't that far. You fast forward and we don't need it anymore. We got the rail system. So it's just I don't know, when you look how long and how big it is I mean I just kind of draw parallels. It's like it's like building the Panama Canal and maybe even more difficult.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Did that.
Speaker 5: I mean it was quite lengthy. I mean, there was a whole system of it. And luckily, you know, it was helped build Cincinnati at the time, and so that's kind of helped build it, build up what we had in the different industries and here. So you know it's had its use and you know since you benefited from it, and as you mentioned, as our Central Parkway is today, so if you kind of trace it down the fact, if you drive down Central Parkway, there's a couple of murals that show what the canal boats look like.
Speaker 1: So check those out.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily chicking an egg thing, but was was the canal response before? I have a connection with us being coming porkopolis or will we pork opolis back in those days before the canal.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit of both, because the canals helped be able to transport the you know, pork barrels and things around.
Speaker 1: To different places.
Speaker 5: And what ends up ending the porkopolis, of course is again the railroads is because you could actually take you know, pigs and livestock out into the Great Plains and you didn't need to be so close to the slaughterhouses and stuff. And so that's where Chicago kind of gotten that from it. So it was, yeah, it was kind of hand in hand at that time, all right. Well, also about the eighteen forties and fifties, I want.
Speaker 2: To ask you, because I live in Simms Township, the Sims Purchase. You'll be speaking about that on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Oh, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the Sims purchase was John Cleeves Simms. He had been a veteran of the Revolutionary War and they were offered the opportunity to purchase land. And he had heard about this area out you know where we all are now, and he had the money and everything, and he bought about three hundred thousand acres and is everything between the two Miami rivers. It's mostly Hamilton, Butler and Warren County. And then he was resell it to people. So he sold it to the plots of land that made Cincinnati and he settled himself in the North Bend, and so that's where the name comes up. Interestingly enough, his daughter married William Henry Harrison, so he was his father in law, and so that's why William Henry Harrison ended up in North Bend is because that's where the family was.
Speaker 1: Well there you go.
Speaker 2: Leave it to Jeff to explain where all these little puzzle pieces fit in Jesse and I know that we have a very close connection with the underground Railroad. We were, like you know, we were the line between slavery and freedom, and we have a lot of deep connection with the underground Railroad. I presume that's something else you'ld be speaking about on Thursday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, touch a bit on it, because that's told it more of the later period. But it's definitely a big setup of like you said that you had the free territories, but concerning the free States and the Southern states that had slavery in the Ohio River was kind of that border. And that's why we have so many underground Railroad conductors, these colum like Levi Coffin and John Rankin and John Parker in this area. That's why we have the Freedom Center here. They located at the museum in Cincinnati because of Cincinnati's role in the underground Railroad. Indeed, that's another big part of Sincita history all right.
Speaker 2: In terms of format, it begins at seven pm on Thursday again two twenty five Northern Boulevard. If you want to show up live or just log in before that, just make sure you registered empower you America dot org. Is there going to be any opportunity for Q and A? Are you just going to be doing the presentation trying to set the stage for people.
Speaker 5: I'm how sure how the system works, and so I generally let people ask throughout and then if there's time at the end as well. So yeah, you have questions, can always email me or are you know I'd be happy to help in anyway. We'll see how the system works.
Speaker 2: Historian Jeff C's on the morning show today and he'lle you empower you seven pm on Thursday. Empower your America dot orger to log in. Jeff, It's been a real pleasure to having you on the program. I hope you have a wonderful presentation on Thursday.
Speaker 5: Thanks and thank you for having me on.
Speaker 2: Anytime, my friend, anytime get another book out there, we'll talk about it, folks. If you can get a chance to listen a lot Christopher Smith van for the Smith Event. That's the podcast at you five carec dot com, Money money, Brian James stock poise for a September game, which is unusual. And then some sad news about the current younger generation not looking forward to having children because of the money and buying a home seemingly in a possibility for the generation that may be impacting people's decisions on whether they have children or not. Got the farm event coming up. Thanks to George Breneman for talking about that. Get all the details on all the events in the podcast fifty five KR see dot com away you're there, Please get your iHeart media app. Thank you Joe Strecker, producer of the program, for all the work you do. Tune in tomorrow Bright Bart's Inside Scoop every Time Tuesday at eight o five and a deep dive with Daniel Davis that says eight thirty tomorrow. More on the rundown in your phone calls as well Tomorrow Tuesday with the fifty five KRC Morris.
Speaker 1: You have a great day, folks. Glenn Beck's coming right up. In an ever changing world, there's one constant you can depend on. Fifty five KRC the talk station at the top end, bottom of the hour.
Speaker 3: This report is spumped