Speaker 1: Good evening everyone, and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Night Live. I am your host, the Cajun Night Jacob Mook. Thank you everybody for joining me this evening. Before we get started, I do want to go ahead and give the shameless plug for the thousands of listeners to The Cajun Night on the Cult of Conspiracy platform. If you would like to join in on this conversation every single Wednesday night at nine pm Central, go to the link in the description below to the Cajun Night on Patreon.
Speaker 2: There's only once here for entry.
Speaker 1: We're trying to grow this to be a community unto itself where we discuss geopolitics, history, religion, philosophy, and just kind of whatever else comes up in the evening's conversation. And again, as always, thank you everybody for joining me. We're gonna start off talking about some of the wild things going on in the American news cycle as of this moment, not just mainstream media, although yes it's gonna be based in the mainstream media. But let's go ahead and start off with this crazy claim that I just recently heard. Now, it's no secret that Donald Trump has deployed National Guard troops to Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: All right, which all this was in response to one.
Speaker 1: Of the doze kids getting mugged, which happens right when I was living in DC. I almost got mugged twice that I know of, for sure, and one of my guys in my platoon came back with his face all cut up. And he did, in fact get mugged when he walked out of bar drunk one night. A group of dudes thought he was someone else. I don't know, but I mean to be fair, this guy was a bit of a loudmouth, so it's very possible.
Speaker 2: He did instigate.
Speaker 1: He was a bit of a drunken Irish guy, you know, and it's very possible that he instigated it and got it, got his issue on that he was fine. It wasn't. It didn't require stitches, thank guy. But yeah, DC has never been a relatively safe place.
Speaker 2: The closer you.
Speaker 1: Get to the National mall right, the closer you get to the big monuments and the touristy stuff, yeah it's safe there. But the further away you get from that, more and more sketchy it gets. That's nothing new. So when Trump was talking about federalizing the security of Washington, DC.
Speaker 2: That didn't instantaneously, you know, get my hackles up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, you know, and I'm not somebody who is like super thrilled about living in a police state, like a full on Gestappo style nation. That doesn't make me happy by any means. But that's not what he was insinuating. He was talking about doing that just in d C. All right, cool, got you. Crime in DC seems to have taken a massive downtick. And again, I understand depends on the sources that you read in which side of the aisle you find yourself on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ya yah, fine, fine, fine.
Speaker 1: Cut Two, he talks about going to Chicago with the same type of energy to bring down crime.
Speaker 2: Chicago is not a safe place.
Speaker 1: No one is under any kind of delusion that thinks that Shyraq is a safe place to like go out for a picnic. Okay, Like everybody agrees that Chicago aka Shyraq is a rough town. The National Guard was supposed to be deployed there, and the mayor of Chicago and other Illinois political figures spoke out and basically said that we don't want that here, and you know, to be honest with you, if Barack Obama had done this, seeing as how he was from Illinois and he was from Chicago, allegedly all these things and he decided that he wanted to clean up the streets of Chicago, I have a weird feeling that it would have gone over and like, great, they would have welcomed it. They would have thrown a parade that somebody finally cleaning up these streets, and like, I could see that happening.
Speaker 2: But because it's Trump that's doing it, he's.
Speaker 1: A laterally hitler, right cool. That being said, Chicago National Guard deployment that didn't go through, now he is talking about sending them to New Orleans, Louisiana, just a skip and a hop away from my neck of the Bayou. So, you know what, let's talk about this one first. I got a quick little news clip here that we're gonna listen to. Then we're gonna talk a little deeper about the intent on this one. Let's check it out.
Speaker 3: Doesn't Trump consider sending the National Guard to New Orleans?
Speaker 4: Sabrina Wilson joins us with what we know so far.
Speaker 5: Sabrina and Liz.
Speaker 6: The President made the comments this morning in the Oval Office, saying Governor Jeff Landry, a fellow Republican, wants it. His statement comes as violent crime in New Orleans is down. Trump recently sent the National Guard into Washington, d C. And said this week he was sending them to Chicago, but Chicago's Democratic governor has pushed back hard, saying they don't want the Guard there. So this morning, during questioning by journalists in the Oval Office, Trump said he's now considering sending the Guard to New Orleans and says Governor Landry wants it.
Speaker 7: Take a listen, we're making a determination.
Speaker 8: Now do we go to Chicago or do we go to a place like New Orleans, where we have a great governor, Jeff Landry, who wants us to come in and straighten out a very nice section of this country that's become quite you know, quite tough, quite bad. So we're going to be going to maybe Louisiana, and you have New Orleans which has a crime problem. Will straighten that out about two weeks. It'll take us two weeks easier than DC.
Speaker 6: Now. As for the National Guard, Lieutenant Colonel Knowle Collins said, when we're ordered, we'll support for anything else. I would refer you to the governor's office. We just got a reaction from the governor, Governor Landry saying will take President Trump's help from New Orleans to Shreveport. City Councilwoman at Large Helena Moreno had this response to Trump's comments. She said, we have an unprecedented reduction in crime and violence in New Orleans. This is an attack on certain cities. There are many cities with mayors aligned with this president whose crime issues are severe, but they're not That clearly shows that this is about scare tactics and politicizing public safety. Now, recently a federal judge rule that's a Trump administration illegally used military troops in southern California during immigration protests. I reached out to the mayor, the police chief, and others for comments. So far, haven't heard.
Speaker 1: All right, Can we just acknowledge the fact that she sounded drunk, Like, realistically, I understand that, like getting tongue ti while reading a script sometimes does suck. I can fully understand that. But at the same time, like something's got to give here, you know. But all right, there was a couple of claims that were made in that spiel, and I think it's worth going a little deeper on For one, Governor Jeff Landry said that we would take the help from New Orleans to Shreveport. And for anybody who may not be familiar with the geography of Louisiana, he's basically saying the higher state Shreveport is one of the larger cities in the uppermost northern aka South Arkansas portion of Louisiana, and New Orleans is one of our bigger cities more towards the southern tip of the boot. That being said, the governor is all on board with getting some help to lower crime in the entire state, but sure New Orleans is an excellent place to start. Meanwhile, representatives said that crime is at an all time low, it's at a dip. Let's talk a little bit more about that after we read this article. This is from USA Today. President Trump says he may send National Guard to New Orleans next instead of Chicago. We just heard him with the quote, so I'm not gonna play the video here, but let's see. President Trump suggests he may send National Guard troops next to New Orleans, as he has repeatedly threatened to Chicago, and as he looks to expand his crime crack down to states where federal intervention is welcome. One day after he declared we're going in about plans for Chicago, Trump on September third said his administration still hadn't decided whether it would deploy troops in the nation's third largest city. Trump instead pointed to New Orleans, a city and a Republican led state in contrast to Democratic led Illinois. And that's kind of my point that I made, right if there was a Democrat in office right now and they were trying to push this initiative into a Democrat state, I have a weird suspicion that it would have gone over way better.
Speaker 2: It would have been a smooth thing.
Speaker 1: They would have been fine with it, because you know, they see themselves as politically aligned. Therefore the initiative is a politically aligned thing. I don't know, But I also have a really hard time seeing Democrats deploy troops to clean up their streets. They seem to thrive in such environments. That being said, I have a feeling that this will go over a whole lot better in New Orleans. And honestly, I could even see him trying to go into certain Texas towns for the same purpose. That being said, we know that pretty much any federal help going into Texas is probably going more towards the border than it is going into like the inner cities. But I digress. Going back to a quote here, we're making a determination now, Trump said in the Oval office, do we go to Chicago or go to a place like New Orleans, Like you said Governor Jeff Landry, who wants us to straighten out a very nice section of the country. It's become, you know, quite tough, quite bad. So we're going to be maybe in Louisiana, he said. Trump emphasized that he wants Democratic Illinois Governor JB. Pritzker to request help from the Trump administration to combat Chicago's crime. We could straighten out Chicago. All they have to do is ask, Trump said. Pritzker, however, has resisted Trump's threats to send the National Guard to Chicago, accusing the President of not being serious about fighting crime, but rather testing his power quote unquote, I want to go into Chicago, have all the all excuse me, and I have this incompetent governor who doesn't want us, Trump said. Trump is more than three weeks into his crime crack down in Washington, d C, which is involved deploying more than two thousand and two one hundred National Guard troops to patrol the streets. But unlike other American cities, DC status is a federal enclave gives Trump's special authority to deploy National Guard troops to the nation's capital. In contrast, the governor's traditionally overseeing mobilization in their states, and that also checks out right. So technically speaking, the mayor of d C also acts as far as a political clout goes kind of acts as the governor of d C as well. Because DC is not a state, they are seen as a district. It's their own municipality. Therefore, the mayor of d C gets the authority to mobilize National Guard troops. But I'm not one hundred percent sure if DC has a National Guard unit organic to the district. I think they might have to rely on the Maryland and Virginia National Guards as far as that's concerned. But either way it goes. Because it's kind of an outlier, Trump does have special privileges to do more things in the city to which he currently lives. When it comes to states, however, the National Guard answers to the governor. Right, the governor of that state is the one that allows and certifies and documents and all this stuff, and basically is the one that mobilizes National Guard troops whenever they determine that something is needing the help or the support or the defense or the offense or whatever.
Speaker 2: The case is.
Speaker 1: That being said, Trump just did send National Guard troops to southern California for.
Speaker 2: The riots that was going on.
Speaker 1: Gavin Newsom did not send the National Guard troops into Southern California. That was Trump, And somebody said that that was a political flex of his as well, even though it was needed at that moment. But you know, moving on here, Louisiana governor welcomes National Guard to New Orleans. Trump signed an executive order on August eleventh directing Defense Secretary Pete Hegsath to coordinate with state governors to determine whether National Guard troops are needed in their communities. While bost Chicago, and New Orleans have democratic mayors, as does every major city in the country pretty much as a standard rule, Brandon Johnson and LaToya Cantrell, which LaToya Cantrell, Yeah, I'm not going to go into a rant on that human being. She is one of the most human beings there's ever been. That's all I'll say on that, respectfully, Louisiana presents an opportunity for coordination with the state's governor, Republican Jeff Landry, while Chicago does not. We will take President Donald Trump's help for New Orleans to Shreveport.
Speaker 2: Landry satt on the Post on x.
Speaker 1: Both Chicago and New Orleans have well documented struggles with crime. New Orleans has the third highest homicide rate in twenty twenty five, while Chicago ranks tenth according to a list compiled from the nonprofit Freedom for All Americans based on local data. DC ranked nineteenth on the same list. We are still in the middle of twenty twenty five. We just got to September of this year, and New Orleans is currently ranked third as far as the highest homicides in the country goes. Yet, if you listen to most of the mainstream media, they'll tell you that, well, New Orleans is on a crime down tick right now. They're doing better than they have in years as far as crime is concerned. Why do we need National Guard troops there? That is incorrect, by the numbers, and it's not just homicides. You want to look at carjackings. You want to talk about burglaries. You want to talk about massive drug busts. You want to talk about cartel movement, you want to talk about gang movement. Murder is a pretty.
Speaker 2: Good telltale sign of everything else.
Speaker 1: I think it's very rare to find a town that has a high murder rate that also doesn't have a high crime rate in other regards as well. The reason why, and I've talked about this on the Cult a few times, the reason why New Orleans has such a high murder rate is because of something called the thirty Day Murder trial. And for those that may not be acquainted, here's how this goes down. This is gonna for the record, this is going to sound like I'm making this up.
Speaker 2: I can assure you that I am not.
Speaker 1: Here's how this goes Let's say that a murder gets committed in New Orleans. Okay, Cool, cops get called the guilty party, if you will, suspect because innocential, proven guilty, even if there's cameras showing it all gets arrested. Cool, all right, And well, I guess if there's cameras involved in the state would pick up the case in this one. But in the case of just bear with me here, So a murder gets committed, cops get called homeboy gets arrested, all right, cool, In thirty days, he will appear before a judge, and if there is no witnesses to testify against him, he walks. That's how the criminal justice system works in New Orleans. Now, like I said, if there's a camera involved, like you're at a gas station or something and a security camera sees the whole interaction, the state will probably pick up the case, and that's just how it goes.
Speaker 2: But if it's a domestic dispute, which most of.
Speaker 1: The murders in New Orleans are classified as, or maybe gang violence or something like this, there's very, very rarely any kind of video evidence and there is not going to be a witness to testify against you, because if they take the stand against you, they probably won't make it home that day, and they understand that. So most of the murder cases that go down in New Orleans, the guilty party walks. And there was a very big problem with this after Katrino, when a lot of the quote unquote refugees from New Orleans. Not all.
Speaker 2: There were a lot of people that were genuine refugees.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of gang members that took that same type of energy and went to Dallas, Austin, Houston, and they thought that that's how the law works everywhere, and they found out very quickly that no, you're not going to get away with murder in the state of Texas. That only goes down in New Orleans. It's not even a state thing. That's a city thing. But anyway, so whenever we talk about high homicide rates in New Orleans, this is not a new thing. This has been the way for decades. And not to mention, New Orleans cannot keep police officers. They are begging on their knees and offering pretty substantial signing bonuses for anybody to become a New Orleans police officer. The problem is that of the ones that are currently serving, most of them are on the take in some way, shape or form. Or you get some young guy, some young blood that's trying to get up in the police officer the department and do good for the community. He might make it two years, maybe three, and then he decides the pay is not worth the amount of issues that I have to deal with in this community on a daily basis. New Orleans is begging people. For every one cop that they get added to the department, they lose three. And that has been the case for the better part of a decade. That has not gotten better at all. But they're doing what they can. So when President Trump is offering to send National Guard troops into New Orleans to clean it up, you would think LaToya Cantrell would be super on board with this, especially how New Orleans is currently. We still have four months to go and we're already ranked third in the nation for homicides. But okay, sure, now like continuing the article here, it says waiting until we are asked, Trump says in a shift of rhetoric. Trump has also discussed targeting Baltimore, Los Angeles, Oakland, California, and New York City in future crackdowns. Yet the president and his September third remarks secondly, he may not deploy the National Guard to these cities unless he is asked. Yeah, I see that going south. Realistically, Let's see Baltimore. I don't see that going well. But you might be able to finagle your way in there, La, and Oakland. So you're going to supersed Gavin Newsom and send federal troops to his to the cities in his state. I don't see that going well. Although that being said, he did just do that for the riots that took place, but that's a little different.
Speaker 2: That's more of a quick response for us.
Speaker 1: This is talking about rooting out organized crime and gangs and all of these things in these cities. I don't have a I don't think Gavin Newsom's going to ask him to come to California. New York City. The mayor of New York correct me I from wrong. Who just got elected was that Muslim socialist. I got a really hard time believing that he is going to ask Trump to please send National Guard troops into New York City. Now, granted, National Guard troops were already in New York City and they were monitoring the subway system right because it was that bad, and they got ship on the entire time. I think there's still a few out there, but by and large, it's it's only for the subway system to try to protect people, to go deep into the entire city. Yeah, I got a hard time believing that they're gonna ask Trump for help I could. I hope I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong on this one. But we shall see. Moving on here, it says the politicians are not in tune with the people. Boy, if that ain't one of the most statements that has ever been made. The people in Chicago, the people in Baltimore, the people in all the places we talk about, they want to see us there, Trump said, but added, I think we are pretty much waiting until we are asked.
Speaker 2: His comments marked the shifting.
Speaker 1: Rhetoric from one day earlier on September second, when Trump claimed that he planned to send troops into Chicago, whether they asked for help or not. If the governor of Illinois would call me up, I would love to do it, Trump said twenty four hours earlier.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to do it anyway.
Speaker 1: We have the right to do it because I have an obligation to protect this country. But again, now he's starting to sidestep that and say, ah, maybe New Orleans, maybe that's a better bet. A federal judge in California ruled on September second that Trump's deployment of National Guard troops this year in Los Angeles in response to protests was illegal because it violated a federal law prohibiting the use of military to enforce domestic laws. I find that weird. I don't know what this judge said this or what about, but when you take an oath to join the military, you swear to uphold and offend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. It's literally in the oath that you take to join the military. So that being said, I don't know what law prohibits the use of military to enforce domestic laws.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not an expert in the legal system, but I feel like that's a bit of a bit of a misnomer there. However, the narrow ruling does not require Trump to withdraw the remaining three hundred National Guard troops from Los Angeles, nor does it apply to other states. Okay, maybe that's maybe that's just a California rule or something, but I sure the hell have never heard of it. And if it was such a serious rule, why aren't they bitching a moaning about the three hundred other National Guard troops that are still in LA. But all right, Memphis, Saint Louis, Kansas City, and Cleveland are other cities that, like New Orleans, rank them on the top ten in homicide rates and are in states with Republican governors. Trump, however, has not cited them as potential targets. Tennessee Governor Bill Lee, a Republican ally of Trump, toll reporters last week that he hadn't planned to ask for federal troops for Memphis quotes.
Speaker 2: He said, we have no plans to put National Guard there now.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about some of those claims that were made about how New Orleans is on the down tick as far as crime is concerned. On screen right now is a graph. Okay, murders in New Orleans from nineteen sixty four to twenty twenty three. This little AI overview, let's read that real quick, New Orleans crime rates have been marked by fluctuations over the past decade, with a record low in twenty nineteen, which is solid, it's excellent, by a significant spike in violent crime, particularly homicides, peaking in twenty twenty two at a post Katrina high.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things were on the downtick until COVID, until Biden took office. All of this ties together and again, yes, We could blame the mayor and we could blame other people, but the facts are the facts here. Yeah, it was at an all time low in twenty nineteen, but if you look at twenty twenty three, they got up there, okay, to where it was like around Katrina levels.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five isn't even on.
Speaker 1: This map right now or on this graph rather, and we are currently ranked third highest in the nation. New Orleans is not doing well and we are not on some sort of a downtick as far as violent crimes or crimes in general are concerned.
Speaker 2: That is ridiculous. So that being said, says.
Speaker 1: However, there have been a notable decline since twenty twenty three, were reductions in various violent crime categories, including murder, non fatal shootings, carjackings, and armed robberies, putting the city on pace for a substantial drop in violent crimes for twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: See this is my problem with AI.
Speaker 1: Right, AI just said that we would be on track for a all time dip.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, we rose to third highest.
Speaker 1: AI is trash, y'all, and I wanted to read that to prove this point. Literally, they are number three.
Speaker 2: In the nation.
Speaker 1: But the AI will tell you that they're on a substantial dip, a substantial reduction in violent crimes. Y'all. See the issue I have with it AI is absolute garbage. That being said, it is worth mentioning that I am not personally opposed to the National Guard coming in and doing some real work in New Orleans. It needs it. And while they're at it, they want to stop off in Baton Rouge, that'd be awesome. If they want to keep going north and hit Shreveport, I mean, it's a shit hole anyway, but please go on up there to South Arkansas and handle that too.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it. That is literally no skin off my nose.
Speaker 1: And I go to New Orleans probably once or twice a month for different various reasons.
Speaker 2: This would be a very welcome change of pace.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you, but I know there's gonna be people there saying that I'm just a boot liquor for saying this.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: How many people that you to any of the listeners out there, that would say such a thing. I don't know how many people you've seen stabbed to death with your own eyes. I don't know how many times you've been in a city and been on the same block as a shooting that just pops off for no reason. I don't know how many times you've been out with your children and had to take off running with them because a shooting happened on the same block you're on. But I can tell you that I've had to do that more than a few times. And all the other things that I've seen, I know I haven't been involved with it. I'm not out there living that gang life by any means, and I'm not even going to the dangerous areas. Okay, you'll never see me in the third ward, the seventh ward, the ninth ward, You'll never see me there. I'm usually around the Central Business District or around the French Quarter on the rare occasion, these are considered relatively safe areas, and you will still see this from time to time. Yeah, New Orleans needs a bit of some help as far as that's concerned. The police officers are overtasked and overworked and overstretched.
Speaker 2: So just my two.
Speaker 1: Cents speaking on behalf of myself, not as a citizen of the great City of New Orleans, but as a representative of it, at least through the charitable nonprofit that I have that is based out of New Orleans and that I am currently the leader of. I gotta tell you, I welcome federal help to clean up New Orleans. That would be that would be leaps and bounds better than what the what Latoya's had done for us in the past since her term has began.
Speaker 2: Let's just leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right, moving on, as I'm saying these things that is very sounding Trump positive, Let's talk about something that is not so positive about Trump. We now have a group of Epstein's survivors that have come together and said, you know what, screw it. If y'all don't release the list, we will make our own lists. They currently have upwards of one thousand survivors of Epstein Island and the mar A Lago and his place in New York and all these things who have documented, verified proof of their whereabouts on how Epstein preyed upon them, and they also know other co conspirators and other people that Epstein brought them to and all these things. They have decided to join forces publicly and demand that if y'all don't release the list.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 1: They had a massive press conference outside of the White House today about it. Let's listen in to this ABC News report talking about it. Then we're going to go a little deeper.
Speaker 9: The heated debate over the release of the Jeffrey Epstein files lands on the steps of the US Capitol.
Speaker 10: That's where survivors of Epstein's sexual abuse and members of Congress spoke out. And now as soon as report of Sophie Flay is here now with emotional messages and what President Trump is now saying about this case, Sophie.
Speaker 11: Yeah, David Jamona, that's right. It was a real display of unity in Washington, d C. Today, victims standing side by side with members of Congress, all with the same message, release the Epstein files in full.
Speaker 12: I was only fourteen years old when I was introduced to Jeffrey Epstein by a thirteen year old friend of mine.
Speaker 1: I was only fourteen years old when my friend brought me over to Jeffrey Epstein's house in Palm Beach.
Speaker 9: I was sixteen years old when I was blown to New Mexico to spend a weekend with Epstein and Maxwell.
Speaker 11: Women who say they faced years of abuse by Jeffrey Epstein coming together in Washington, d C. Today. They're calling on lawmakers to support a discharge petition that would lead to a bill, and, if passed, would require the Department of Justice to release Epstein records. Politicians on both sides of the aisle speaking out.
Speaker 13: We are coming for and we are going to fight like hell for these women, because we have to fight like hell for those that are enduring sexual abuse.
Speaker 7: A nation that allows rich and powerful men to traffic and abuse young girls without consequence is a nation that has lost its moral and spiritual core.
Speaker 11: With enough support, it would require the DOJ to release all unclassified materials, including names of co conspirators, flight locks, details on immunity deals and cover ups, internal DOJ communications, and records surrounding Epstein's death. President Trump asked by members of the press if the withholding of documents is to protect friends or donors, Trump responding, it's.
Speaker 8: Really a Democrat hoax because they're trying to get people to talk about something that's totally irrelevant.
Speaker 11: On Tuesday, the House Oversight Committee publicly released more than thirty three thousand pages of documents related to the disgraced financier, much of which was already public.
Speaker 14: Whether you're a Republican or you're a Democrat, this one is an easy call.
Speaker 11: According to California Congressman Brad Sherman, if a majority of members of the House of Representatives sign this petition, the House must begin debating this bill within several days.
Speaker 1: The heated All right, So, as we were just sorrying about Trump doing some very positive things, now it's time for us to take a step back and talk about something that he is fumbling the ball on significantly, so hard in fact, that, like I said, somewhere around it depends on the report you read. Some are saying a few hundred, some are saying close to one thousand. Epstein's survivors are now coming out very publicly. They're joining forces, They're compiling their own list, and they will release it regardless of whatever the DOJ does. This is going to play out very, very poorly for him and his administration that they do not get on this. Now, let's read in as a matter of fact, not only is this an American issue, the BBC has written an article about it, and I feel like it's worth reading. Epstein accusers say they are compiling lists of his associates victims of Jeffrey Epstein have shared emotional accounts of sexual abuse as they spoke on the steps of the US Capitol, and I said White House earlier in my apologies, that capital, it's like a few blocks away. Calm down and call for lawmakers to release more files about the convicted sex offender. One of the women, Lisa Phillips, said the group had begun compiling a confidential list of Epstein associates who they say were involved in abuse. Quote here we will confidentially or yeah, confidently confidentially, So I said that right the first time, we will confidentially compile the names we all know we're regularly in the Epstein world. She said. It will be done by survivors and four survivors. The event was organized by US lawmakers who are calling for more files from the Epstein investigation to be released publicly. During the two hour news conference on Wednesday today, as of time, recording, nine female Epstein accusers detail their experiences and abuse at the hands of the disgraced finance here. Miss Phillips urged the Department of Justice to release all the documents and information it has from the investigation, adding that many victims were afraid of repercussions if they went public with the names themselves. They got nine people to speak on it, but there's a lot more that are a part of this collective that are going to be compiling this list, and that's where I'm saying it. I found a few articles that were saying some wild numbers, and it's like, you know, we already know that he was guilty of doing this too up the claim is a thousand women, but then the DOJ says there was no co conspirators, no flight logs, none of these things.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling that these thousand victims will tell a different story. And I also have a hard time believing that you're going to suicide quote unquote every single one of the victims that are willing to whether they come out and state their own name and their experiences or they added to the list anonymously. I have a hard time believing you're gonna be able to silence this large of a group. And I don't think they really expected it to go to this level, but I am very happy that it is. Let's continue. A lawyer for the accusers added that they were scared of being sued or attacked because nobody protected them the first time. Nobody protected them the first time. Yeah, yeah, I'd completely agree, and I completely understand their hesitation to be completely honest with you. Marina Lecerta, speaking publicly for the first time, said she worked for Epstein from the age of fourteen until she was seventeen, when the disgrace financce here determined she was too old. I was one of a dozen girls. I was one of dozens of girls that I personally know who were forced into Jeffrey's mansion in New York City when we were just kids, she said. A friend of mine in the neighborhood told me I can make three hundred dollars to give another guy a massage. Licerta said, while becoming visibly emotional. It went from a dream to the worst nightmare. Wow. Liz Stein, who sued Epstein and Maxwell and who now works as a survivor, mentor and policy advisor, told the BBC that she spoke with the Capital Rally or at the Capitol Rally to humanize survivors because she was tired of them being ignored. Direct quote here, it's really important for us to all remember that this is a crime it's a crime of sex trafficking. This isn't a political issue, but it's being politicized because of the people involved. I could not agree more regardless of whatever side of the isle you find yourself on, regardless of whatever socioeconomic class you find yourself in, regardless of whatever deity you happen to worship. This is the worst of humanity. And I think we could all agree on that, regardless of who you voted for in the last election. But to her point, it is being politicized because of the people on the list. Right. Anne Farmer, who's forty six, set at the rally that she was taken to New Mexico aged sixteen to spend a week with Epstein. Her sister was also flown there, reported the abuse, she said, but nothing was done. So now we're talking about more than Epstein Island. We're talking more than more about his Palm Springs or his New York City, New Mexico. It's all over the place, y'all. This is why it's the trafficking charge, is not just the rape of a minor and all these things. But let's continue. We still do not know why that report wasn't properly investigated or why Epstein and his associates were allowed to harm hundreds, if not thousands, of girls and young women, she said. Shaunta Davies addressed a question about the relationship between Trump and Epstein, saying, the sex offenders quote biggest brag forever was that he was a very good friend with Donald Trump. Yeah, yeah, I let that one. Marinade y'all. He had a framed picture of him on his desk with the two of them. She said, Wow, Trump was friendly with Epstein. But of course, and we've talked about this before, he said they fell out in the early two thousands because the financier poached employees from the spot at Trump's Florida golf club. Okay, so you knew in the early two thousands that he was doing these things, and that's the issue I have. There's no way that you can claim ignorance as far as this is concerned. He tried hiring some of your younger employees to come and work for him, and you knew exactly what he meant by work for him. So you had a falling out with him because he was poaching your employees. Again, let that Marinade y'all quote, is it from Trump? This is a Democrat hoax that never ends. Trump told reporters in the Oval Office on Wednesday, when asked about the nearby news conference, He said, nobody's ever satisfied with the files that have been released, adding that the call for more releases is a distraction from his record in office. Really, I think it's enough, Trump said, Bro, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: You've done You've done jack and shit for these survivors, and you have publicly mocked them, and you're acting like this is an irrelevant issue. This is one of the most relevant issues, I would argue of our century, let alone of this decade, let alone of your political term. This is so much bigger than your four year term in office. This went on for decades. It's oh, it's mind blowing. And he still is not going the right way about it. He is he is continuously denied, deny, deny, make counter accusation, shift the blame, implement this.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this other thing.
Speaker 1: And again, as I was just saying that, I hope that he does send federal troops to New Orleans, and I am in favor of that big dog at least address the thing that is happening on your doorstep. It's uh, it's it's it's very disappointing. During an NBC panel discussion with a group of survivors on Tuesday, none of the women said they ever saw Trump do anything inappropriate relating to Epstein. Neither did they say they witnessed any misconduct from ex President Bill Clinton, who travel with Epstein is under congressional scrutiny, I'll bet. On Tuesday evening, thirty three pages or thirty three thousand pages in several videos were made public to the House Oversight Committee, which has subpoenaed the Justice Department in Epstein, a state. Most of the files, however, were already in the public domain. Right, we already knew about these things, the top Democrat of the committee, Robert Garcia, said, don't let this fool you. After careful review, oversight Democrats have found that ninety seven percent of the documents received from the DOJ were already public. There is no mention of any client list or anything that improves transparency or justice for victims.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 1: The release on Tuesday followed last month's publication of the Department of Justice's interview with jas Lane Maxwell, a convicted sex trafficker and accomplice of ebscene. In the transcript, which run on to three hundred pages, some heavily redacted, shocker Maxwell said that while she believed Trump and Epstein were friendly in social settings, she did not think they were close friends.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Two members of the House, Republican Thomas Massey and Kentucky or excuse me of Kentucky and Democrat Rocanna of Roe excuse me and Democrat Roe Kanna of California, are trying to force a vote on compelling the Justice Department to release all documents in this case. They were gathering signatures on Wednesday and will need the support of two hundred and eighteen lawmakers to prevail. That means six Republicans must support the plan. I don't again that statement. They are politicizing this two hundred and eighteen, which means they need six Republicans. Oh so it's only Democrats that are going to sign this. It's only Democrats that want the Epstein things to be dropped to the public. No Republicans are going to actually have some moral fiber about themselves that I hate this. I hate that even as they're talking about how this is not a political issue, in the same article they're politicizing it. But all right, it's shameful. This has been called a hoax. This is not a hoax. Massy said. There are real victims to this criminal enterprise, and the perpetrators are not being protected, or excuse me, the perpetrators are being protected because they are rich and powerful. The White House and Republican congressional leaders oppose the release of all the files, saying it could expose identities of innocent people.
Speaker 2: I got an issue with that.
Speaker 1: How would there be identities of innocent people on a list of scumbags. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. And again the list that is being compiled by these survivors. Now, I could understand how they don't want the quote unquote client list, because even while saying that Epstein was a money launder at the highest levels, right for the billionaires and arguably for the quote unquote trillionaires, if you wanted money to go off radar, and you didn't need to get tax on or whatever you called Jeff, that was how this worked, and you would look past some of his disgusting mannerisms and things as long as he could make your money disappear. The women that are the survivors that are coming forward are not trying to compile a list of the people that Jeffrey Epstein laundered money for. They're compying a list of the other guilty parties that were predators. So again, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around them saying, well, you'll get innocent people in trouble with this. These women are not talking about the financial shit. They're talking about these sex crimes. So yeah, anyway, I really hope that this gets more traction behind it. I really hope that these women keep fighting and keep going until they get the justice that they are deserved. And I personally am in favor of the chips falling where they may as far as this goes. If that does mean that half of DC is empty seats now because there are so many guilty parties, so be it. If that means that even in the executive branch of power, we start losing some people in the jobs that they're currently in, so be it, I am personally good with that. You know. Anyway, all right, moving forward, now, let's talk about, well, another thing that might be more on the positive side of what the you know, Trump might be involved with the US. The Justice Department has seized over seven hundred thousand pounds of neth chemical precursors destined for Mexico Sineloa drug cartel, and they came from none other than China. Yes, indeed, let's listen in here.
Speaker 3: We think that this is a very important issue. And I flew down from Washington because I think that this is so significant, and I very much appreciate your being here along with the people who are standing behind me. Every day, tons of chemicals that are used to create synthetic drugs like meth and fetamine and fentanyl are shipped from China to Mexico in China's undeclared war against America and her citizens. And every day, in funeral homes across this country we see the tragic consequences of what had happened in this undeclared war, the families who were forced to say goodbye to their loved ones because of this scourge. And so today we announced a very significant seizure of two shipments of chemicals shipped on two different vessels on the high seas and route to the Sineloa cartel in Mexico from China.
Speaker 15: To Mexico.
Speaker 3: The port of lading was Shanghai, China. The port of discharge Mexico. What am I talking about. I'm talking about three hundred and sixty three thousand pounds of benzel alcohol along with three hundred and thirty four thousand pounds of methyl formamide. They would have been used to make four hundred and twenty thousand pounds of methamphetamine, which would have a street value here in Houston of five hundred and sixty nine million dollars, with a higher street value as you go up the northern Northeastern seaboard to New York City. Now, the labs that were under construction that were being used to integrate these chemicals to make the methamphetamine were under the geographical control of the Sinaloa cartels. And these cartels are capable and are known to make more than one ton of methamphetamins a week. Now, because President Trump and Secretary of State Marco Rubio have declared the Sinaloa Cartel a foreign terrorist organization, it gives all of us in law enforcement the ability to move quicker and to seize quicker. And this cartel, as.
Speaker 1: I'm sure all of you know, is one of the.
Speaker 3: Largest producers and traffickers at ventanyl and they use murder, kidnapping, torture, and violence as a way of doing business. And let it be known that anyone who is working with them, whether they claim innocence or not, if they know that they are they are providing material support to terrorism. Now, this government forfeiture today of property allows us to seize all of the property, whether it is on domestic or foreign territory, even seizing property outside of the United States. And that is the significance of the FTO. Now, when you have a chance, I wanted to take a look at the barrels behind me. There are thirteen hundred barrels filled with precursors to methamphetamine. It will take twenty four eighteen wheelers to take these precursors to a storage facility in a safe location.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say that again, it.
Speaker 3: Will take twenty four eighteen wheelers to take these barreg the barrels to a storage facility in a secure location. So today's interdiction highlights in incredible work that has been done by the Homeland Security Investigation as well as Customs and Border Patrol and my office in Washington, DC, that was on this case, because this is what we do wherever it occurs.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Janine Pietro or Piro, I should say, I may not like everything she's ever said ever, but that's a solid win.
Speaker 2: As a solid win, the street value of.
Speaker 1: That alone is mind boggling. Right. But again, and I mean, I'm not saying that China is waging a silent war against America and that's why they're selling the cartel things that could be used for drugs that can make its way to America. At that point, it's it doesn't matter where it's being you know, where it's destined to go.
Speaker 2: It's a business move, you know. I could understand.
Speaker 1: I understand also how somebody in the political sphere would take that as a type of active war. Okay with you, but I also the war on drugs, and like, yes, the cartels are considered a terrorist group now, so China would be aiding in a terrorist group or giving them resources for their meals.
Speaker 2: Okay, I understand the conversation.
Speaker 1: I do, but I don't believe that Jijaping sent drugs to Mexico or drug making materials. But I'm just gonna kind of put it all into the same misnumber here, so bear with me. I don't believe that he did that in an attempt to wage a silent war against America specifically. I think it was just a business move because China is all about that dalla dalla bill. That being said, I feel like if ever there was a time to hear from our Malaysian or Hong Kong correspondent, it would be now, don know Trump, don't trust China, China is ass ho. I mean, the jokes right themselves on that one. I didn't even do this, that was just there, But you know, I still think it played in very well at this time. Donal Trump, don't trust China, China is ass ho.
Speaker 2: All right, moving on to the next story.
Speaker 1: While we were talking about some things that are still on the American side of the conversation, this evening, Florida had a thing happen in Tampa where two church leaders were Oh, actually, no, I'm jumping ahead of myself. We are going to be talking about some Florida, Tampa people of the cloth quote unquote who are being arrested for some nefarious things. We'll talk about that in a moment, but first let's talk about some of the vaccine mandates that are coming out. Florida has now passed that says that we will no longer they will no longer require vaccines for children, period. And in response to that, certain states, specifically Washington, Oregon, and California, have decided that they are going to go the opposite direction and form their own trifecta of far left conspiracy where they are pretty much going to do whatever the CDC says that they should do, and they're going to not just double down, but they're tripling down to force everyone in these states to get backs whether they want to or not. Let's first off start with the Florida conversation and let's learn more together, shall we?
Speaker 15: All right, Caroline, thanks a lot. An attack on vaccine mandates in the state of Florida.
Speaker 5: Today and taking the mandates away is the newest goal for Governor Ron DeSantis and Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladipoe.
Speaker 11: Christ he's here with us now with the strong words they had today, Christy.
Speaker 16: Yeah, this was really a bombshell. During oppresser today, they announced the state is seeking to eliminate, completely, eliminate all vaccine mandates and right now the state requires several vaccines, a number of them for children to attend school, including shots protecting against measles, tetanus, chicken pox, hepatitis B. The Surgeon General comparing this to slavery.
Speaker 17: Every last one of them is wrong and drips with disdain and slavery. Everyone on television, all of these medical leaders were doctor Fauci. Other people were convincing everyone that the world had to shut down. Everything happen the clothes, right, you get that amount of energy behind things, and unfortunately you're able to change the world. And they did, and they did shut down the world, They shut down this country, and they created tremendous harm.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 16: So the push comes from what they believe were mistakes made during the twenty twenty pandemic. The push to shut down businesses, as you just heard public events at the time of the pandemic, they said, was tyrannical. According to the governor, the plan is meant to show Florida is aligning itself with the Make America Healthy Again movement, champion of course by Robert F. Kennedy Junior. In fact, we're already getting lots of reaction coming in when Teachers' union right here in South Florida. The United Teachers of Day in response to this plan. They're saying in a statement that United Teachers of Day is deeply concerned about today's announcement. Weakening these requirements would put children, families, and our educators at a greater risk of preventable illness and their outbreaks. And an important note, the Surgeon General can in mandates from the Florida Department of Health, but he cannot change all of the state laws. That does have to be done by the legislature. So much more to come on this. A lot of people are talking about this one Illi.
Speaker 1: Indeed they are, Indeed they are. And so in response to this, the West Coast has decide to take the oppositional stance, and they're going the opposite direction. Let's learn about that one together, now, shall we not?
Speaker 2: For you?
Speaker 18: Thanks for being here for Coin six News at noon, I'm Todd Hunger.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 18: Today, the governors of several West Coast states say they are teaming up to issue their own vaccine recommendations. The move is in response to that ongoing chaos at the CDC. Oregon Governor Tina Kotec, along with California Governor Gavin Newsom, and Washington Governor Bob Ferguson say they're creating a quote West Coast Alliance. They say the goal is to ensure residents remain protected by science, not politics. The three states also, of course, work together during the pandemic. The governor cite a slew of recent CDC firings and resignations as their main reason, Governor cotecs saying quote through this partnership, the three states will start coordinating health guidelines by aligning recommendations informed by respected national organizations. This will allow residents to receive consistent, science based recommendations they can rely on, regardless of shifting federal actions. We're working to learn more about what this means, for example, about COVID nineteen vaccines and how the federal government is now limiting its recommendations to seniors or people with weaker immune systems. Coin six reach out to the Oregon Health Authority with a list of questions, including what this could mean for those vaccines. No response yet, but we'll have much more coming up today at four.
Speaker 1: Okay, am I the only one that feels like something bad's about to happen anytime. Washington, Oregon and California team up for anything. Ever, this West Coast Alliance, as they are calling it, that doesn't sound like it's ever going to go positively. If you are living in the states of Washington, Oregon, or California and you do not want to live under some sort of a communist rule, I highly suggest you move at this time somewhere in the Nation of America that is more inclined for your personal freedoms and actually has your best interest at heart. I'm not pointing to any state in particular. I'm just saying that most of the Midwest, most of the Bible Belt, you know, stay away from big cities. Obviously, like who wants to live in a big city. But I'm just saying overall, if you're living in one of those three states, things very well could take a very bad turn for you very soon. So with all that being said, the CDC and the firings and the hirings and all these other things that they're talking about, and how they are going to push against that, now let's talk about this. Apparently the US this is gonna go a little deeper in what we just talked about here is set it toward two very different vaccine realities. California, organ in Washington said they are forming a public health alliance to provide credible information quote unquote about vaccine safety.
Speaker 2: As Florida is looking to eliminate mandates.
Speaker 1: Turmoil at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and states beginning to take more control of their own vaccine decisions threaten to fracture the once national consensus around immunization, setting the stage for a reorganization of the way vaccination recommendations work across the United States. The move together points towards an increasingly stark divide emerging in the United States around vaccinations, with some Republican led states starting to roll back or eliminate mandates, while Democrat led states split from the CDC to come up with their own vaccination guidance.
Speaker 2: Like we just said.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday, which is today, as a time of recording, California, Oregon, and Washington announced Washington excuse me announced they are forming a public health alliance to provide quote unquote credible information. Last week, New Mexico's health department announced it was ordering pharmacies to quote remove potential barriers and ensure access to COVID nineteen vaccines end quote cal Colorado did.
Speaker 2: The same Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Also Wednesday, Florida Surgeon General doctor Joseph Ledoppo, moved to eliminate vaccination mandates across the state, including in public schools. Other states have also weighed rolling back vaccination mandates, most notably Texas, where dozens of anti mandate bills have been introduced in the legislature. The split comes as once fringe and long debunked claims long debunked yeah claims about the health risks of vaccinations have found mainstream appeal and have been embraced by the Trump administration, repeatedly hearing the vaccines cause autism or that mRNA vaccine will alter your DNA can a road Public trust doctor Peter chen Hong god the jokes right themselves after Peter chen Hong and infectious disease expert at the University of California, San Francisco, referring to two of the most common pieces of vaccine information. For decades, the federal government, in close collaboration with infectious disease experts, has crafted guidelines for who should receive vaccinations and win states and medical organizations use the guidelines to administer shots to millions of people and insurance companies relied on them to determine payment. Insurance companies relied on them to determine payment. I just felt like that would need to be read again for everybody in the back. The recommendations are based on clinical studies and aim to minimize both individual and societal risk, but as vaccine hesitancy has skyrocketed in the wake of the COVID nineteen pandemic and online information campaigns, vaccination mandates have become a political flashpoint. This trust in vaccines has created a rift that threatens to split the country into two distinct zones. He delineated by not by borders or geography, but by state government stances on medical establishment's right to dictate who must get a JAB and who gets a pass. In an op ed Tuesday The Wall Street Journal, Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy described quote cloth masks on toddlers arbitrary, six foot distancing boosters for healthy children, prolonged school closing, economic economy crushing lockdowns, and the suppression of low cost therapeutics in favor of experimental and ineffective drugs as irrational policies that have devastating tolls on Americans. I really can't find any lies detected in the statement that RFK Junior just said. But yes, there's going to be people that are saying that he's crazy. But all right. Lockdowns and school closures certainly had economic and mental health drawbacks, and data suggests that vaccinated and unvaccinated people may transmit the virus at a similar rate because they have parable viral loads or amount of virus virus in their respiratory tracks, according to a twenty twenty two paper in the Lancet Infectious Diseases. So they already acknowledge that lockdowns and school closures were a very bad idea, and that the data suggests that whether you get vaccinated or not, it really won't make that much of a difference. Okay. Cool. However, the vaccines were effective at reducing hospitalizations and the number of severe COVID cases, two factors that overwhelmed healthcare systems early in the pandemic and precipitated lockdowns in the United States and around the world. Now, actually, I'm gonna push back on that one. INBC, the number of deaths that were caused because of COVID were because y'all were putting them on respirators in the beginning, because realistically, if you look at all of the symptoms of COVID nineteen and you look at the symptoms of a really bad flu case, they are extremely comparable. This would be like this, a might going to the hospital for a severe case of the flu and getting put on a respirator. It's not that that was crazy. There was crazy things that happened. The hot and the number of hospitalizations, yeah, because most people didn't want to go to the hospital because they knew that other sick people were at the hospital and it would make it exponentially worse. Vaccines didn't fix that. People's common sense actually fix that. But okay, I know, I'm just a crazy conspiracy theorist. Once COVID vaccines became available at the end of twenty twenty, following intense investment by the first Trump administration, states started to ease lockdowns and social distancing rules. What didn't let up and still hasn't, was the fear around purported dangers of the new COVID shots, which were developed using a new type of vaccine technology known as mRNA that was at once revolutionary but difficult to understand and that's the other thing too. They're saying that in this article, they're saying that the long debunked claims that mRNA does not actually affect your DNA, even though genealogists will tell you the opposite of that. If you inject the mRNA from one of these vaccines, it absolutely will change your genetic structure. That's not a debated or debunked thing. That's an understood scientific fact from the experts in that field. But okay, the novelty compounded the uncertainties around the long term health repercussions of a previously unknown virus. Oh my god, okay, previously unknown virus. Bro Life saw bottles that say that's effective against ninety nine point nine percent of bacteria had COVID on the label. If you read the back of what it's effective against. They've had COVID on the label since two thousand and five. What are you talking about? A previously unknown virus? But all right, all right, any a calm down. And the pervasive feeling of loss the pandemic created, including loss of personal freedoms, that created the perfect conditions for divisiveness over vaccinations, Chin Hong said, And the COVID shots became easy scapegoat. I saidwear I at Chinghong. Dude, I can't, I can't. I'm gonna be good. The vaccine is something you could focus on instead of a general feeling of loss. He said, no, it's it's not the feeling of loss. We were focusing on the fact that this vaccine, this quote unquote miracle was developed in six months with no long term clinical trials for a virus that you have known about for the better part of two decades. Right, the Wuhan lab didn't like just start working on it that year by any means. So you knew what the virus was, you knew that what it could do, and you also knew how relatively dangerous it was and the relative survivability of it. But yes, let's all go and line up to get injected with a substance that has not been tested. We have no idea what the long term effects are. And I could be honest with you, I personally know multiple people and I don't mean like three, I mean multiple people that have had long term effects from the vaccine. And I know people that have died because of the vaccine. It wasn't COVID that killed them, but I digress. Kennedy, along with the highest profile figures of the once small anti vaccine movement, was confirmed as HHS Secretary, as he struck a more moderate tone on vaccines, which he has since abandoned. In June, Kennedy gutted a seventeen person independent Vaccine Advisory Committee in the CDC. He replaced the members with a group that included vaccine skeptics and people critical of the COVID vaccines. In early August, he also cut five hundred million in mRNA vaccine contracts. Good, that's almost like what we wanted him to do, but all right. After the FDA approved a new version of the COVID vaccine in May, Kennedy announced that the CDC would recommend that doctors administer the shots only to adults age sixty five and above, as well as people with certain pre existing conditions. Previously, COVID vaccinations were recommended more widely. Yeah, you remember, they were trying to pass that it be administered to children like it was. They were trying to make it to where it was a part of your regular When I say regular, I use the quotes on this. Please don't frime me. All the seventy two vaccines that a child gets from the time they're born to the time they graduated high school. They were trying to mandate that the COVID vaccine be added to that list for like pre pubescent children who are still in the forming stages of life. But sure, Okay, yeah, more widely, that's a that's a claim. Following that change, the American Academy of Pediatrics took the unusual step of issuing its own vaccination recommendations the first time in thirty years. Its guidelines were significantly different from the federal government. Quote here, it is going to be somewhat confusing, but our opinion is we need to make the right choices for children and protect them. Doctor James Campbell, vice chair of the Academy's Infectious Disease Committee, told NBC News, So listen, pro vax, anti vax, have your own opinion on it, Okay. All I'm going to say is that if you're willing to die on a hill, at least let it be a hill that you truly believe in. Okay. But with that being said, and all these things going around with RFK junior, these vaccines, these states kind of forming their own alliances and things. Now the HHS employees are demanding the resignation of RFK Junior. This dropped this afternoon. Let's listen in right now.
Speaker 5: Over a thousand current and former Health and Human Services employees are calling for Robert F. Kennedy's resignation. The group sent a letter to Congress saying the leadership of the Secretary of Health and Human Services has quote put the health of all Americans at risk. They also claim his vaccine policies are dangerous. Democrats say he needs to go. Republicans are standing by him.
Speaker 15: We know what scientists are saying.
Speaker 8: We know what the health the health experts are saying, and it's not what is coming out of Secretary Kennedy's This is about how we protect the children of the United States of America, and.
Speaker 15: There's allegations that that that health.
Speaker 19: Is being endangered.
Speaker 5: Kennedy is said to testify before Congress tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so as up time of recording, we have no idea what RFK is going to be testifying in court and saying in all these things. However, I can't really disagree with a lot of the claims that he has made. Yes, I understand that he has gone and said some very bold things about vaccines in general. Okay, and listen, agree with them, disagree with them. I'm not gonna tell you how to parent your child. Don't tell me not to parent mind.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: If you are the type that wants to ensure your child doesn't get measles or mumps or whatever else, okay, cool. And I'm not saying I give a thumbs up or thumbs down to this. That is a you decision. You raise your children the way you want to raise them. I for one, believe in personal freedoms, and I believe that if a if a couple wants to keep their child unvaccinated for whatever that reason may be, that is their choice. I may have some opinions on that, but at the end of the day, that's just what it is. This being said, the COVID vaccine is a different conversation than the rest of the vaccines that are on the docket right now. And I'm not even saying that I fully agree with the rest of the vaccines that are on the docket. I for one, am of the belief that some of the vaccines are being done. I'm not gonna say in the right way, Yes, there are things that have been added to them since their original formation, and I get that right, and we do need to remove some of the more harmful components of the vaccinations that we do administer to children. I think that everybody could agree with that. Okay, I've seen something saying that, like the type of mercury that's in some of these vaccines, it's different from regular mercury and all these things. Listen, the fact is that when your body comes in contact with mercury, it only sees it as mercury. Yes, I understand, chemically it's different. I totally get that. That's like saying your body responds differently from adderall than it does to crystal meth. Listen, your body's gonna respond to an anphetamine the way it responds to an anphetamine.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yes, it might be chemically different, absolutely, and it might be a lower dose and all the I fully hear that, and I you know, gotcha, but it's gonna be responding in the exact same fashion. So that's just one point I am of the belief personally, and this is just Jacob speaking on behalf of Jacob. Here. We could give the vaccines that we know are effective polio measles momps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess if.
Speaker 1: You're going to an area of the like if you're going in the world to a place that has a lot of dangerous things there, and like you want to get something for malaria, you want to get something for smallpox, Okay, but like that shouldn't be something that we give to the children in America. A lot of these sicknesses and illnesses have since been pretty much kicked out of our country. Yeah, there's a few cases of like the plague in very small sections and all these things, and I get that, but I'm also not looking to go get my bubonic plague vaccine right now. You see what I'm saying. There's a limit, and there is a a justifiable level of vaccines that I think that most freethinking and logical adults could say, Yes, these vaccines we can approve. We might need to make some alterations and changes. But to say that you're giving over fifty vaccines, I would I'm much lower be preferred. But just bear with me here. If you're giving that many vaccines to a child from the time they're born to the time they graduate high school, brother, what are we talking about? Here. That's preposterous. That's just my own two cents. I know there's gonna be a lot of people that say that I don't know what I'm talking about, and that is fine. I would love to hear about it in the comments. I want to get some interaction on these shows. If you're listening on Spotify or Apple Podcasts right now, or on iHeart or whatever the case is, if you have the ability to leave a comment under these episodes, please do.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear from the thousands of people that listen to the show.
Speaker 1: I would love to.
Speaker 2: Hear more from you. I would love to get more interaction here.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Let's continue, all right, moving off with the vaccine conversation. Now, let's talk about these Florida leaders arrested in a multimillion dollar conspiracy after FBI raids. Oh, buckle up for this one, everybody.
Speaker 2: This is this is a wild one.
Speaker 12: Two church leaders with ties to Tampa are facing federal charges tonight. They're at the center of what investigators are calling a multi million dollar conspiracy involving money laundering, forced labor, and abuse. This follows multiple FBI raids this morning, including at a home in the affluent Avalone neighborhood in Hillsborough County. This was part of a nationwide takedown. Fox thirteen is covering this investigation from multiple angles. Our Kylie Jones is at the Federal Courthouse in Tampa, diving deeper into the church and it's leaders. But we begin with Aaron Mesmer Live and Avala with more on the raid and reaction from neighbors.
Speaker 20: Paron Yeah, Heley and these neighbors were absolutely stunned by what went on this morning.
Speaker 2: Neighbors in this community, they.
Speaker 20: Woke up to helicopters and FBI agents raiding a home in Novla, And once they found out why those federal agents were there, it was even more surprising.
Speaker 17: Some of you say, I don't have one hundred thousand, but you have twenty thousand, you have fifty thousand.
Speaker 1: Here, you have ten thousand.
Speaker 20: That's video of David Taylor asking viewers to send money to his church. Federal authorities now say Taylor used donations to fund an extravagant lifestyle that included this massive mansion in Tampa's affluent Novela community. FBI agents raided the home Wednesday morning.
Speaker 4: It's very surprising to hear that type of thing was going on again right in your backyard.
Speaker 20: It's unclear what authorities took from the home. This view from Skyfox shows several cars lined up with gift bos on top. Neighbors say the ten bedroom, ten and a half bathroom, twenty eight thousand square foot mansion is one of the largest in Novela.
Speaker 4: Because there was a how could a pass or Ford to live in a house like that?
Speaker 20: According to the twenty three page federal indictment, this house is one of several properties throughout the country purchased by Taylor's Kingdom of God Global Church. He's the pastor and referred to himself as an apostle, according to court documents. The indictment alleges Taylor recruited people to work at call centers, referring to them as armor bearers. Investigators say they were his quote personal servants who fulfilled Tailor's demands around the clock.
Speaker 2: And were never paid.
Speaker 20: Taylor and executive director Michelle Brannon are accused of controlling nearly every aspect of the workers' lives, cutting them off from family, and forcing them to take contraceptives. Human trafficking advocates say it's a devastating situation, and.
Speaker 9: You really had every aspect of human trafficking. You had individuals who were brought to a facility that they couldn't leave. They weren't being paid, they had production goals that they had to meet.
Speaker 20: And authorities say if the workers failed to reach Taylor's monetary goals, they faced punishment including public humiliation, food and shelter restrictions, sleep deprivations, and physical and psychological abuse. The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay CEO says these victims will likely face a long recovery. She says, there's another lesson every community can learn from this.
Speaker 9: This can happen in one of our most affluent zip codes in Hillsborough County. It can happen in your backyard.
Speaker 4: It could happen in my backyard.
Speaker 20: As for the folks who lived with alleged human trafficking, fraud, and money laundering happening in their backyards.
Speaker 21: I hope it's not true, but if it is, you know, he deserves everything he's going to get.
Speaker 20: And there was also what appeared to be a federal command center set up just north of here at Saint Joseph's Hospital in Lut's. Experts say if there were any human trafficking victims at this property, they likely would have been taken to a nearby hospital for care.
Speaker 12: Healley so they can get all the help they need. It sounds like they have been through quite a lot.
Speaker 4: Aaron, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's just break that down a little deeper, shall we. First of all, your boy asking people for tens and twenty and thirty thousand dollars to reach a goal that he's using to furnish his lavish lifestyle one of the biggest homes in this affluent neighborhood. See, this is the issue I have, right, I don't have an issue with big churches, not inherently, not necessarily or big. Let's just call it religious groups, not just a church of the Christian variety or of the Jewish or the Muslim or the Buddhist or whatever. If you have a leader of a congregation that is living well and I don't mean as the wealthiest of the one percent with a fleet of private jets and stuff, let's keep it within the realm of reality. We're not talking Kenneth Cope and her jolosting. These clowns are ridiculous. But if you have a past that's living well and his congregation is thousands of people strong. I don't inherently have a problem with that right off the rip. I'm a little trepidacious of it, but I don't hate it. Right, But if I also see the pastor calling himself an apostle, which is blasphemous and wild, but I digress. Who's driving in the fanciest cars living in a house like that? Yeah, now I have a problem because I promise you there's members of your congregation that are riding the struggle bus right now, and you, as their spiritual father, their shepherd, if you will, should be doing what you can to better your community, your congregation, and possibly paying it forward and using those righteous dollar bills to do the Lord's work for some of the more downtrodden members of your congregation. Right, that's my issue I have. But I also want to point out the fact that he on his website that clean cut picture of him cut to his mugshot where his hair looks like he's going out of his mind. I thought that was a great transitional clip. But yeah, before you read the article, Royce, go ahead and weigh in on this one. Dog.
Speaker 14: So I don't know if you remember about a month ago, I said, Hey, look at this guy named DAVIDY.
Speaker 18: Taylor.
Speaker 14: This is this gentleman, this is the person that my mother was involved with.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, involved with in what way? Royce. I didn't realize we would have a first person correspondent on this one. Tell me more.
Speaker 14: So, my mother left my my grandmother was not as to doing so well. My mother was living with her and my mother literally but he was living in Michigan number of years ago, and my mother literally left my grandmother in the hospital to go to like live at this like church facility and like she was talking about like prayer groups until like two, three, four in the morning and.
Speaker 2: Like they're one of the followers.
Speaker 14: Had some sort of dream that said that if anybody didn't believe that David Taylor was not an apostle, and literally he and my mother even called him to oh, well, you know apostle, that God was going to strike down and punish those who were involved if they didn't believe him, and that included the people like an extended family. So my mother actually cut off ties from my grandmother and myself and my entire family because of this quote unquote dream. So she did this for a number of years and then later on she actually you know, got married to a another preacher, pastor a couple of years ago. But like before that point, she was literally religiously going to this person and she sent like my mother or my grandmother and myself brochures and then literally on the grochure as it said, you know, send your inheritance, send your gold, send your silver, send send your car, send your money, send you know, and then you know, like well, so Jesus says, if you if you give, then you know, then you will be given back, you know, thirty fold or three or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I hey, the prosperity gospel groups, Oh my God. And I've gone on rants about these clowns before this. That is Kenneth Copeland, that is Joel Osin, that is the what is it the International World Church that I have just two cities away from here. This guy, this clown forces members of his congregation who are driving you know, more beat up cars to park at the back of the parking lot, but those that are driving nicer cars are allowed to park up front by the street. And he has been preaching about prosperity and ye shall receive if only you give for the past thirty years. Bro, it is it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, it infuriates me so much.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah so yeah.
Speaker 14: So if not for my mother's new husband, she would have been involved to this day. And yeah, it was bad. That's why I was telling you to do some research on this guy. He sees fucking nuts and like bad news bears all around.
Speaker 1: Well, thank god, justice is being served on this asshole. And I really hope that he gets the entire book thrown at him and gets under the jail. You see this, Listen for any of the listeners out there that might be of the Christian variety. Okay, this is what Jesus had an issue with when he went to the temple and said that you've turned my father's house into a den of thieves. It's this, this, this is the problem. Yes, he was talking about these specific pharisees at that time that were charging excess money to change money for the sacrifice. And yeah, there's levels of context and historical precedents involved with that specific situation, and I understand this.
Speaker 2: My point is, this is the scourge that.
Speaker 1: Is plaguing the majority of the Protestant faith as of this moment. Yes, you do have those that take advantage of people in physics and in sexual ways, and they are also discussing and need to be fried alive. And I'm not taking away that whatsoever. But these people that are preaching about prosperity, like you said, listen, having prayer groups to last until two in the morning, four in the morning, and stuff. If you're having a meeting and like the conversation is flowing that well, and like the spirit of God is moving in that meeting or whatever, and things go longer and like really longer than expected on the rarest of occasions, I don't necessarily have a problem with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, if that's the.
Speaker 1: Norm, If once a week or even multiple times a week your prayer meetings are going that long, yeah, that's a massive red flag, massive red flag. And I'm sure because there's so many parts of the Bible where Jesus made a reference of like, you know, if you really want to follow me, sell all of your possessions and pick up and follow me. He's not telling every single person on earth to become a beggar and then you'll fully understand.
Speaker 2: The love of Christ.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was specifically to that gentleman who was speaking to him at that moment, because that guy was way too tied to his earthly possessions. There's context on that, okay.
Speaker 19: But so many of these quote unquote men and women of God take things, misquote it, give it to their congregation, and the people in their congregation never actually open the Bible themselves and study it for themselves.
Speaker 1: They just go along and listen to whatever mister Paserman says.
Speaker 2: I have such an issue with that at just all the way down to my core.
Speaker 1: Okay, this guy having a ten bedroom, ten and a half bathroom mansion, multiple cars out front with ribbons on them, and I guarantee he wasn't about to give those two poor members of his church. All those cars looked like they were a high end, expensive luxury vehicles. Yeah, and now, okay, the forced labor. That's interesting. Calling them his armor bearers. Again, you're gonna take a quote from the Bible to talk about putting on your spiritual armor daily, and those that pretty much commit their entire lives to serving you, pastor man, you're going to give them that kind of title and all that. That's that is also pretty crazy. I don't know to what level the human trafficking goes with this, and I'm sure this article is going to get more in depth with it. But that being said, somebody who is a volunteer at a church, cool. I don't have a problem with that. And even somebody volunteering, you know, to help out your pastor at their house.
Speaker 2: Right, let's say your pastor's law needs to be.
Speaker 1: Cut and you live somewhat in the same neighborhood as him.
Speaker 2: Or let's say you own a law and service.
Speaker 1: Right, And this is another thing too, whenever it talks about the tithe, and I've made this reference before, a tithe is not supposed to be your earnings or money. It's supposed to be your harvest, your livestock, your talents, if that's what you have to offer. This being said, and also I should mention tithe is a Jewish law. It's not supposed to be a Christian law. And I get a lot of flak for saying that, But do your own research, and y'all tell me what you come up with. The only two times where tithe and money are brought up in the correct context is if God has blessed you so abundantly. You can't carry that much grain to the temple storehouse. Temple storehouse, not temple also important part, but we're going to sidestep that. One. You sell the grain locally, carry the money near the temple storehouse, buy the appropriate amount of grain once you get there, and then bring it to the temple storehouse. It was for transportation, right. The other time money and tithe was ever brought up was when Jesus turned over the tables. So anyway, all right, let's break this down here. I am of the belief personally that your tithe does not need to be financial. If that is the way that the Lord has called for you to give, I am not going to stand in the way of that. If God is truly putting it on your heart to give two thousand dollars to your house of worship, a more power to you and God bless you.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, But.
Speaker 1: Let's say you're a mechanic and your pastor's car needs some work done. Perhaps you could do the work and the parts and everything out of your back pocket and out of your time, and you could say that that would be potentially your tithe to the church the spirit of God.
Speaker 2: I believe is moving in that.
Speaker 1: I believe that you're using your talents to better the mission and better the pastor who is working in the Lord's way.
Speaker 2: I problem with that.
Speaker 1: Let's say you want to learn a lawn care service and you tell the pastor, hey, listen, once a week, I'm gonna come cut your grass, do the weeding and all that, and I'm just gonna do that for free. Like this, we don't need to make this public. This doesn't need to be anybody's business. But that's how I'm going to help you in this way. That's excellent. That is absolutely excellent. It doesn't have to be financial. So to hear that this guy and these are one talking about like volunteers. If you're doing something outside of the realm of the church right now, I understand that too. If you own a law and service, perhaps you should maintain the grounds of the church for free. And that could be some sort of like a tie thing that you work out or something like. Okay, fine, listen, I'm not here to judge. I have no room to judge anyone except for this guy. Screw this guy. But what I am saying is that you don't have to give it financial there's multiple ways to serve, there's multiple ways to give. So volunteers at the church cool, volunteering to help your pastor out in the personal way. We're getting closer to the abuse of the title. But like, there is a way to do that righteously. There is a way having an army of congregates volunteering to serve your every need, night and day at your whim. We have now crossed that line. We have absolutely crossed that line. Royce. I am so sorry that your mother was ever associated with this guy.
Speaker 2: How long was she a member of this church?
Speaker 14: Years? Probably good ten years. Maybe she would all for good for yeah, for a good minute, and like she would always talk to him about like like oh well, you know, apostles just do it. And she would it's funny enough. She would say, oh yeah, and don't worry, God is working with him, like not vice versa, not like he's working with God or for whatever. She very much so was, oh, well, don't worry, you know, uh, he God is working with with him. And you know, he just he he was a pastor, but no, you know, he just he's apostle and like he went through all these videos where.
Speaker 1: Its like look Jesus is right here.
Speaker 15: He's right here in the stage.
Speaker 14: Just take a look, you know, if you can see him, he's manifesting right now. Just yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 8: Up.
Speaker 1: So for any of our our good religious brothers and sisters out there, and anybody who's not even religious, I'm just gonna give a little inside baseball on this one. If you have a person of the cloth quote unquote that is calling themselves a prophet, an apostle, or ever bringing up manifestation, this is I can't even explain how much of a red flag that is, because it would take me an entire other episode to break that down. That there's no there are no more apostles. That's that's completely in fat it's incorrect, flat out wrong. And there was also a statement saying there will be no more profits. Now, I am not saying that nobody can receive a message from God.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's that's up to the person.
Speaker 1: That's cool if they want to say that the dream that they had was a message from God.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to tell you yay or nay on that.
Speaker 1: But to go out publicly and call yourself a prophet, yes, that is that is a very very large red flag.
Speaker 2: And at that point it's time for you to cut ties with.
Speaker 1: That individual and manifesting in the sense of, like, you know, setting down a dream and then making a plan with goals, attainable goals, and as a way to achieve that dream. That's not manifestation. That's putting in the work. Right for a pastor to be talking about people's minds manifesting things before their very eyes without acknowledging the power of prayer or the power of God, but it's in the people to manifest it for themselves. That is a massive red flag. I don't know.
Speaker 2: People can believe in that if they want.
Speaker 1: I am not. I'm not taking this opportunity to besmirch people's beliefs on manifest stations and the like.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I don't care you do you? I do mean.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, if somebody is trying to be a biblical person, that should never be in the conversation. Ever, so massive red flags start to finish on this. I'm curious about this too. Well. Also, if you have a family member or a friend that is going to a church that is telling them to cut ties with family members, and I do not mean a toxic family member.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's different.
Speaker 1: If you have this one family member who is abusive and strung out and is always asking for money and is a detriment to you and your spirituality and a detriment to you and your family, cutting them off, that's a different conversation. If you have a religious person who is telling their followers to cut off anybody that doesn't believe what they say, that is a cult. That is not religion. This is there is a fine line between the two, and that point is where it is crossed. If anything, the House of God should always have room for your family. You should be trying to proselytize to your family members that are not believers, not shunning and besmirching those that don't believe. And again I mean believe in the book, not believe in the dude on stage. These are two completely separate conversations. Go ahead.
Speaker 14: Royce just wanted to say so. In addition to that, this isn't the first time that he's been like in the news, and even with amongst other Christians, there were like other news or articles that basically said, hey, this guy is bad news. And I tried to share some of these with my mother and literally she told me, oh, well, you know, that's that's just the devil there. You know, there's two DAVIDY Taylors. There's one that we know and they're there is another one that's going around basically like impersonating him. So and literally she believed it. She had gotten so much into his mind where like even though I tried to bring up you know, articles or hey, this dude is bad and there other Christians are saying, you know this this person is not who he's pretending to be. And she's like, oh, well, well, you know, I appreciate it, I've heard about it, but that's just not really that's that's just not the real DAVIDY Taylor.
Speaker 1: You know. To your point about it having going back in time a bit right here, it says the church received about fifty million dollars in donations through its call centers dating back to twenty fourteen. According to the DOJ, Taylor and Brannan are accused of using much of that money to buy luxury properties, luxury vehicles, and sporting equipment such as boats, jet skis, and ATVs. Yeah, you know what, let's just read this, because you're right, this isn't something that they just woke up one morning into siety. You know what, I got an idea, this is something that has been going on for years and years and years, and they finally blew the lid off of it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, let's read in on this one.
Speaker 1: Here. This is from Fox thirteen Tampa Bay. Indictments against church leaders arrested in forced labor network called remarkable by experts a matter. There's another video clip here. I'm wondering it says self proclaimed religious leaders had history of legal troubles. I would love to see what kind of new insights we have before we read the article. Let's learn.
Speaker 12: We continue to follow the investigation into David Taylor and Michelle Brannan, two self proclaimed religious leaders arrested last week. They're accused of operating a forced labor network under the guise of their church and operating call centers, one of which was inside at home in an affluent Tampa neighborhood. Since last week's rate, it has been revealed the history of legal issues involving Kingdom of God Global Church.
Speaker 16: Foxer teen's Kylie Jones looked into a previous lawsuit against the ministry and spoke to an expert about why an indictment like this is not common.
Speaker 13: An indictment likely years in the making, has uncovered more than a decade of allegations against the two head haunt shows of a so called global church.
Speaker 22: Indictments of cases this complicated can take two, three, four years.
Speaker 13: The federal indictment reveals the Kingdom of God Global Church, formerly known as Joshua Media Ministries, Inc. Was a cover up to a forced labor and money laundering network.
Speaker 3: David E.
Speaker 13: Taylor and Michelle Brannan were at the top of it.
Speaker 22: There are very few forced labor cases indicted by the Department of Justice, very few cases that go criminal.
Speaker 13: Advocates with the Human Trafficking Legal Center call the indictment remarkable. The alleged fraudulent religious organization operated call centers and ministry sites around the country, including a call center inside a mansion in the Avla neighborhood in Hillsborough County. Court documents detail allegations of physical and psychological threats. The DOJ says Taylor, a self proclaimed apostle, and Brandon, the organization's executive director, recruited phone solicitors and servants known as armor bearers to work for free.
Speaker 22: It looks to me very similar to the kind of call centers that we see using force labor in Meanmar and Cambodia and other countries in Southeast Asia.
Speaker 13: According to the indictment, victims were threatened with starvation, sleep deprivation, physical assault, and other psychological abuse. Martina Vandenberg, the president of the Human Trafficking Legal Center, says, there have been other recent indictments in the US alleging forced labor under cult like circumstances.
Speaker 22: That is something that we have seen across the globe, but this is really the first case that I have seen of allegations of forced labor fraud in a call center here in the United States.
Speaker 13: According to the DOJ, the organization collected about fifty twenty million dollars in donations dating back to twenty fourteen, but the Fed say Taylor was using the donations to fund a luxurious lifestyle. In twenty twenty two, the company Movie prop Rentals sued the church for allegedly failing to pay for a two point two million dollars stage set. According to court documents, the church stopped making payments. Court filings included screenshots of messages from Taylor, threatening to quote immediately start a lawsuit. He also said, quote God is going to get you, but you don't fear God like you should. This recent indictment reveals messages that Taylor and Brannan would send to victims in their call centers, similarly filled with threats and religious shame. Eight victims are listed in this federal indictment, but advocates say there could be many more. Kylie Jones Box thirteen.
Speaker 1: News ab susolutely wow, all right, let's jump in here.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: Experts call the self federal indictment against the two self proclaimed religious leaders for operating an alleged forced labor network remarkable. David Taylor and Michelle Brannon, who accused ring leaders of the Kingdom of God Global Church, were arrested last week charge of force labor, conspiracycy to commit force labor, and money laundering. The backstory here. Along with Taylor, Brannan led the Kingdom of God Church, formerly known as Joshua Media Ministries International. A ten count indictment alleged that Taylor and Brannon ran call centers in Florida, Texas, Missouri, and Michigan to solicit donations to the church. The pair convinced their victims to work at the call centers and to work for Taylor as personal servants referred to his.
Speaker 2: Armor bearers, for long hours without pay.
Speaker 1: According to the indictments, one of those call centers operating out of a mansion we talked about the neighborhood Hilborough County, the home of the several properties around the county or country rather that was rated by the FBI last week. Federal and investigators said Taylor and Brannon controlled every aspect of the daily living of their victims, who slept at the call center or in a ministry quote unquote house and were not allowed to leave without permission. The federal indictment alleges that victims were deprived of food, sleep, and freedom. Some victims were even physically or ps psychologically punished if they didn't meet Taylor's monetary demands. The church operated multiple call centers nationwide where unpaid workers were soliciting donations. The indictment also said the suspects for us the victims to transport women to Taylor and ensure that those women took Plan B emergency contraceptives. Again a massive red flag if the leader of your congregation is a bit of a whore that that should be a very large red flag, just throwing it out. The church received about fifty million dollars in donations through its call centers dating back to twenty fourteen, according to the DOJ. Taylor and Brannon accused of using much of that money to buy luxury properties, vehicles, and supporting such as boats, jet skis, and ATVs. The FBI also alleges the victims are forced to apply for federal assistants and food stamps by claiming they were homeless, then turn that money over to the suspects. Dog they going that level with it. Getting millions of dollars from marathons and call centers wasn't enough. You had to get the federal aids from your servants. Let's just call them slaves and turn that.
Speaker 2: Over to you too.
Speaker 1: So you was rolling in that food stamp money as well as those rights as dollar bills. You not do you triple dipping at that point? Good God, Almighty, okay. FBI officials said law enforcement arrested Brandon early Wednesday at the d'avilla house, which is owned by the church. According to property records. Court documents said Brandon lived in the Avila mansion, which was also being used as a church call center. Authorities alleged that followers lived and worked at the property under slave like conditions and were punished if they failed to meet demands. What they're saying. In twenty twenty three, which the year for which we have the most data, the most recent data, there was only twelve indictments for forced labor in the entire country. Okay, it's Martha Vanderberg, the president of the Human Trafficking Legal Center, And in twenty twenty two there were only seven indictments for forced labor in the whole United States. Meanwhile, this is gonna blow all of that to hell. Human trafficking advocates set and indictment like this is remarkable. Going back to Vanderberg, there are very few forced labor cases indicted by the Department of Justice.
Speaker 2: Very few cases go criminal.
Speaker 1: It looks to me very similar to the kind of call centers that we see in mem Mark, Cambodia, and in Southeast Asia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we heard her say that as a direct quote.
Speaker 1: She also went on to call it cult like which I absolutely see this as a cult.
Speaker 2: This is not a congregation, this is not a church.
Speaker 1: This is a cult with a cult leader who I still can't believe they had these type of people that like would follow them so blindly. But it is thing. It is a thing. They say the right thing to the right people and they get in their heads. It is disturbing. Let's see, that is something that we have seen across the globe. But it is really the first case that I have seen of allegations of forced labor fraud in a call center here in the United States. To dig deeper, in twenty twenty two, yeah, they talked about the movie prop rental company that the two point two million dollar stage said that they just stopped paying. I'm talking about God is gonna get you, all right, So what's next? On Monday, Brennan was still being hailed in Florida and Taylor.
Speaker 2: It was being hailed in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: The federal charges were filed out of Michigan, where the quote unquote church's headquarters is and their case is expected to be heard. I'm glad to put the quotes on the church at the end there, because this is not a church. This is not a church, this is not God's house. There's no way that this is God's house. Wow. Oh, man, that blows my mind. But you know, there's a church around my house as a matter of fact, that it's not cult like in this way, but they are tiptoeing around the line as much as they can. And I'm not gonna shout them out because I have personal friends whose family members are within the leadership of this church, but they have left because of these conditions. I'm just gonna say that this church calls themselves a something something international. That's usually another big telltale sign, by the way, and they use a ministry that they have which is a halfway house, okay for people that are trying to break the chains of addiction. Right, these people have a hard time finding work, and that's understandable. That's a real issue that a lot of people that spend time in jail have when they get out. Not a lot of people are like super excited to hire a felon, so they have a hard time finding work. This particular ministry helps them find a job, which is all finding good.
Speaker 2: That's that's excellent. The problem is.
Speaker 1: That there's a around my area. There's a lot of oil refineries and chemical plants, and there's heavy industry. Not now I mean surrounding me, honestly, and a lot of these big, big projects that go on at these facilities. Yeah, you get the main contracts that are they're you know, fought over and won by the big names. As far as the construction contracts are concerned, that's fine, but there's a lot of third party contracts that are given out to these smaller companies.
Speaker 2: One of these, I'll just give an example.
Speaker 1: They take sheet metal and they punch out circle plates that they use as blinds for pipes or you know, bases for legs, for structures, whatever the case is. It's it is basically a mindless job. You could do it with a grinder, you could do it with you know, some sort of a cutting implement, or you could do it with a hydraulic press, whatever the case is. It's just very repetitive work and it doesn't take a high level of skill to do. So this ministry has hooked up these people living in this halfway house with a job with this I'm just gonna leave it as an unnamed contractor, right which fine. At least it's a foot in the door and they get paid for their time and they're holding a job and they're punching a clock and they're making their way. That's fine, that's excellent. But this company is extremely predatory to these particular members that come from this halfway house. They have employees that work for them that are not of the of that group, but of the ones that are of that group, they pay them. I've heard stories of like five dollars less an hour, ten dollars less per hour than they would pay a regular employee. And they know that they got them in a vice because it's not like they can go and find more money doing a better job. And this contracting company is a lot more lenient when they're late to work or when things come up and they just kind of whatever, but at least they keep them on the payroll this church. Come to find out, the owner of that contractor is a very devout member of this church, this dot dot dot International Church, and gives very large donations in his tithe checks, if you will, and these particular ones go straight to the tippy top for the head pastor. So he ensures that the halfway House stays full of these people that are just trying to make their way, keeps them working for cut rate and all that excess profit that the company makes ends up going back to the owner of the company and through a you know, chain of righteous dollar bills to the head pastor of the congregation. Now it's not forced labor because they can't quit. Nothing is keeping them at this halfway house. You see what I'm saying. It's it's not as bad as this situation is. And it's not a cult. He's not telling you to the pastor himself is not telling you to like section off your family or anything like that. But I don't like the way that he runs his church, also in the fact that he is the only one that receives revelations from God, not by his own emission.
Speaker 2: But what I mean is.
Speaker 1: He has like I don't know, I think right now they might have like six campuses, eight campuses of this church, and he keeps a very very short leash on the head pastors of each of these locations. Basically, he writes the sermon, you'll preach it, so there's no way for you to actually write your own sermon. Hey, you know, God's really putting something on my heart that I need to tell to my congregation.
Speaker 2: There's going to be a solid message. I've worked it out.
Speaker 1: Bah bah bap.
Speaker 2: That's really cool, man, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Hey, here is your sermon for this Sunday, and you're gonna do as you're told because I am the only one that knows the direction that this Congregation International is going to be going in. It is.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, It is absolutely insane.
Speaker 1: And I am not going to get into how he was trying to groom one of his children to take his role when the time came he was going to retire. I am not gonna say how he went out of his way to try to ruin this young person's marriage so that he could end up marrying somebody that was more in line with his vision.
Speaker 2: Of what his church would look like after he retired.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting, absolutely disgusting. But yeah, so there's examples of things like this going on all over the place. I have never heard of one this large with call centers and all of this going on in America to this extent.
Speaker 2: That is mind blowing. Royce.
Speaker 1: The chances that this guy would get caught me talking about it on this episode and it's the one that your mom was an affiliate with is mind blowing.
Speaker 2: But like, what does she say about it now?
Speaker 14: I haven't really asked her about him lately. Honestly, ever since my mother kind of cut me and my family off, she's been extremely extrae estranged. So so the problem is she did a lot of damage to the family besides this, And like I guess, my mother used to write a lot of notes and stuff, and like she didn't say some very good things about my family, and she she did a lot to her. So it's like my and then so it's really funny. So after the whole oh, well, you know, God is putting a lion in the sand and we're on one side and the other other. She then like started writing text messages to everybody. She's like, so God is got rid of the mark in the sand, and this is the best season of restoration and this and that. And my mother has never even apologized for her actions. And she even wrote a letter saying, if you're asking if you're to leave for an apology, I won't apologize because she still feels that she was right before for leaving how she did, and just she's not wanting to take accountability. So since she's not willing to do that, plus all those very hurtful things and just literally she left my grandmother in the hospital at Ryan and knee surgery to do her own thing. So like, I haven't asked about this. I mean, she's living the life she wants to, being a preacher's wife, and she goes and she's she's important, she's an important member, and she goes all over the world with her her husband, and like they even want to meet the family. I think a year ago. I think last last year for my grandma's birthday, and my Grandma's like, just don't come.
Speaker 2: I mean, does he seem like he's a decent guy at least?
Speaker 14: I mean he seems nice. I mean I've read some He like sent a one of his messages that I think was fluff and nonsensical and didn't really make sense. But like, I mean, there are people that listen to all sorts of things.
Speaker 1: When you say, do you mean, and I'm only asking this because I know that you are a resident Jewish correspondent, by fluff and nonsensical, do you mean that it was very Jesus centric and that's what you mean, chicken type ship.
Speaker 15: Yes.
Speaker 14: So it's to keep in mind that even though I am the Jewish representative currently, I was raised in Christianity, So like, you know, I do understand the difference between like chicken soup for the soul and like fire and brimstone and like legitimate a legitimate speech. So it just it just didn't make sense like some of the things you were going to, the connections he was trying to make just not a very good orator and writer, but you know, to each of their own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I feel that. Well. I wish you all the luck with repairing whatever relationship you can with your mother. I know people personally that are strange from their parents for a litany of reasons, and you know, we can't always choose our family, but it's still it still sucks. You know, that's a pain that cuts way way deeper than we originally realize, and as we get older and as we have kids of our own and things like that, it really starts to even like open those wounds even deeper. So I really hope that you and your mom are able to repair this in some way. But I also completely understand and respect your reasons for one to keep distance.
Speaker 14: For sure I will. And then it's funny sort of the email that she wrote to separate yourself from us, Like I was like, so I had been emailing my mother, so I know the way my other rights, I know her punctuation and grammar and spelling, et cetera. That was not written by my mother, Like it was probably one of those copy pastes. But like it was so absurd. I called my family, like is this real? I try to call my mom and I don't think she even answered. But it was like I knew the reason that it was because of this cult, and I was like, this is ridiculous. But like they got so in her head. And when they were talking about the sleep deprivation, like literally she would say that, you know, staying up so many nights in a row in prayer and then there would only they would there would be a lot of fasting and there would be only like very very little foods. Like she told me about this stuff, and like I can't even tell you how many how many times I tried to get her out of it, but she was literally just hook fine and sinker.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was bad. Wow. And I mean even with the fasting thing, I don't have an issue with a congregation doing a congregation wide fast and like having a season of prayer and like all these things to pray for a thing to take place, Like I.
Speaker 2: Get it, you know, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I have my own opinions about these types of things, but like, okay, if you're gonna do that for a time, like okay, cool forcing it on your people, and like actually denying them food and then threatening them with physical violence and psychological torture if they don't do what the pastor says. Again, there's a fine line here, a really distinct line where you are in the box of acceptable behavior and then out of the box of acceptable behavior. It sounds to me like this guy was almost completely outside of the box of acceptable behavior.
Speaker 2: Start to finish, it's.
Speaker 1: So all right, all right, all right. Before we get to our final thing of this evening, I did bring up something about how France is on the verge of collapse again, but I mean, in every few years, France on the verge of absolute collapse and bankruptcy and all the stuff. It's nothing new, So I mean, there's never really no point in us talking about it. Now. I do want to get to the chat before we get to our last one, which is going to be more of a archaeological and scientific conversation rather than you know, geopolitical and news type of base. But let's get to it here. Everybody's saying, good evening, what's going on. AI is just an improved form of media and narrative control, but with the extra layer of quote unquote, it's trustworthy on top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, raven I one hundred percent agree with that.
Speaker 1: AI literally boldface just told us that New Orleans is extremely safer now and twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five is expected to be whatever third highest homicide rates in the country right now. So AI is yet again as it typically is, wrong. But Okay, a shooting happened about three hundred feet from my kids and a quote unquote really safe place. Yeah, same, same, And I brought up this story a million times. We were at a Maudi Gras parade at day parade. It was a tractor parade. Families were all out there in the It was in the French Quarter. You know, it is seen relatively to be a safe place. It wasn't like on Bourbon Street, but it was like in the quarter right and on our block. Just I'm not gonna say a few is in six feet, but like within fifty feet of us, gunshots and people screaming and cops taking this dude down in the whole nine at a family day parade, Like, yeah, that's that's New Orleans and that was years ago. That's not It's way worse now. But this is my point the yeah anyway, anyway, So I for one, have no issue with federal troops coming in to help clean up the New Orleans streets.
Speaker 2: I'm good with it.
Speaker 1: And while, like I said, after they get don New Orleans, if they want to take a couple hour trip north and hit Baton Rouge, I'm all in favor of it. And while they're at if they want to take a few more hour of a trip north and clean up Shreveport. Hey, you will know, can not hear any complaints from the vast majority of this state throwing that out. Let's see here, I feel like there's going to be a bombing, like a quote unquote random act of terrorism if they get a lot of them together. I think by that you meant the victims of the Epstein thing. Yeah, I could see that. I could see it. But with that being said, today was the perfect opportunity, right they were all in the Capitol steps. That would have been the perfect shot However, they're still National Guard troops all over DC, so maybe that wouldn't have been the opportune moment. That being said, I really do hope that these victims get together, put together their own list, and release it to the public and say, you know what, screw DC, screw the DOJ, screw the current administration. This is truth that needs to get out there. And I really feel like they're going to get that done. Let's see, Spirit Animals said. I could see the victims getting disappeared a few of them. I could see, bro, if you got a thousand victims, and hell, even half of them, even if a tenth of them, one hundred victims are all willing to come together and compile a list. I got a hard time seeing them all getting clintoned. You know, that's it's a possibility, but God, the logistics on that would be difficult. I could see, like, like Raven said, maybe a terrorist attack and they just.
Speaker 2: All happened to be in the building that got hit or something.
Speaker 1: But even still, you're talking about a lot of eggs having to be put in the same basket for that to go off without a hitch. I'm not saying it's impossible I'm saying it would takes some real doing. Let's see. Moving on sparit Animal says the meth business is booming, and not just the random meth lab explosion either. So when do we get to push California into the sea. Okay, two different conversations. Yeah, the meth industry is booming, and I'm not saying that it's all because of China. This one shipment is absolutely connected to China. You could look at the shipping manifestos and see this. Once again, our Hong Kong correspondence spoke in earlier, and I gotta say I'm not a big fan of it. But again, I don't think that this is Jijaping trying to third party a silent war against America by force feeding as drugs. Fentanyl mostly comes from China, and I do need that to stop. But I've heard the conspiracy to say that that is all a part of the plan to take down America is to get everybody hooked on fentanyl.
Speaker 2: But I mean that's the minority.
Speaker 1: The majority, the vast majority of people in America are not experimenting with fentanyl or crystal meth. You know that you're talking about taking out the people that were willing to experiment with these things in the first place, and that's you know, that's a different conversation. I do think that it's a business move. I think the China above all else is all about the almighty dollar bill, so I don't see that as necessarily a war tactic. Either way it goes.
Speaker 2: I am very happy that this shipment got stopped.
Speaker 1: I am very happy that they are making it very public, and I understand that it's going to be politicized because everything, as far as the war on drug goes, has to be politicized. You can look at the entire war on drugs and see that. That being said, I hope that this does bring more awareness to the situation. I hope that more people stay off of hard drugs and drugs in general, and I really hope that this has a good outcome overall. When do we get to push California into the sea?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 1: Man, the vast majority of people living in California and Oregon and Washington are not about this dumb shit, Like, let's be real here. However, the powers that be that preside over these states are about that dumb shit, which is why I'm trying to put this message out there to all of the good people living in Washington, Oregon, and California. There's been so many like writing on the wall moments of how these states are going to go. This is just another one of them. It's time to move. It's time to get on out of these states and go on to greener pastures in states that actually care about you and your children and your family's well being.
Speaker 2: Now is that time.
Speaker 1: It's about to get really, really difficult and really stupid. But I digress. Moving on, Royce says, I found some excerpts that talk about the severity of each plague from the mid Drashic perspective. You know what we do need to talk about that. I don't know if tonight's the episode to do that, but here soon I would love to go deeper on that. Let's see, Tony says, as Potus just announced moments ago today, the US military conducted a lethal strike in the Southern Caribbean against a drug vessel which had departed from Venezuela and was being operated by a designated narco terrorist organization. Yeah, everybody had so much noise to talk about Trump sending military vessels to the coast of Venezuela or around the coast of Venezuela, And wouldn't you know it, Maduro is in fact the leader of a massive narco state because there are big socialist communist people over there and that doesn't work, and his people have been starving since like eight I remember when I was in the Marine Corps, we were learning about that. In two thousand and four, two thousand and five, Venezuela had like the fourth best economy on earth. It took five years and that went to hell in a hand basket. You had people that were waiting weeks to receive a basket of food on their doorstep because the government provided all that, and the food itself is usually mouldy, rotten all. It was horrible because communism doesn't work. Socialism doesn't work. So as a way to kind of, you know, make the budget level off, he turned to narco state activities and he runs a very large paramilitary organization, which is why when he made the call allegedly four million Venezuelans armed up waiting for an American invasion. How did he call upon four million Venezuelans to arm up unless they were all a part of this paramilitary group that he claims doesn't exist, even though he wears the metals of that paramilitary group when he's in uniform. But anyway, so now we have this situation where the US military actually intercepted a vessel coming from Venezuela full of drugs.
Speaker 2: Tony, this was excellent.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they blew it up and I saw a lot of reactions on Twitter, some very positive, some very negative. I'm kind of negative on it. I think the US CIA does a lot of drug trafficking and their only crime was drug trafficking. Without being a friend of the CIA, I think that we should legal relegalize drugs, but it's never going to happen because the CIA can't make money if they're legal.
Speaker 1: I agree with the most of what you just said, for sure. The CIA absolutely has done drug running for the majority of their existence. Right However, I would like to believe that Cash Pattel has put a stop to most of it. I could be so wrong, and he's absolutely on the take. I don't exactly trust him.
Speaker 15: I could also I could also be in favor of banning them all if we could actually ban them, but we can't do that. We're not Homogenie. We're too corrupt, and it would just never work. It would be kind of like the war on drugs of the last century. It's just not gonna work. Prohibition didn't work. It can work in some societies, it can't work for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my issue with the drugs aren't actually the drugs themselves. My issue with the drugs are the cartels, because you can't separate one from the other. And aside from Trump listing cartels as terrorist groups, which I think is there's a very strong case to be made for that. The cartels don't just run drugs. They do all kinds of horrible things in this country with impunity. That's what I want to have a stop put to. And it's not just the illegals. It's not just the coyotes. It's it's all of that, including the human trafficking, including the sex trafficking, including the drug trade, including the weapons trafficking, including all the other stuff. The Trende or Wawa cartel that is running off muck in like fourteen states right now. They are out of their way violent, They're not criminal businessmen, you know what I'm saying. I sure, okay, the same with the mafia, the mafia, ram Booze. I don't have a problem with Booze. I do have a problem with violence on American soil. I have a problem with foreign violence making its way to American soil, and the cartel seem to be the main highway for all of it. And unfortunately, you have to speak to the cartel in the language that they understand. The way they understand is either getting involved in stopping their flow of money or getting involved in inflicting more violence on them than they are used to. And unless we are going to start invading foreign nations, to start an actual war with cartels, hitting them in their wallets is the next best thing. So that's why I'm in favor of the stop of the drugs into the Sinaloa and the stop of the drugs from Venezuela. I am in favor of personal freedom. I think that like, if you want, as a free and independent human being, if you want to go do cocaine, brother, after it, it is all you. I got no problems with it, no judgment, all good. But how did that cocaine get here? Was there slave labor that was used to make it? Or transport it? Was the only thing on that transport drugs or was there also like eight year old sex slaves that were making its way into the country with it.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying, it's not.
Speaker 15: Yeah. In other news, China and Venezuela I read signed some kind of bilateral trade agreement, and back in May, I think they signed a trade agreement with Russia, and Venezuela is considering buying Chinese fighter jets. I don't know how expensive those are or if they did they work that well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, China just had a big parade.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, I was gonna show a clip from it, but it was showing some new drones. They got some new ICBMs, they got some new just all their new hardware. And then it all so said. Seeing as how none of these things have been tested, how effective they are is still open for debate, and I'm just like, yeah, yeah, I don't know that would make sense though, right it would make sense. Venezuela and Russia have been tight for a while. Venezuela and China are tight right now. I'm not sure Venezuela is a part of bricks yet. I feel like if they're not, they will be soon. I feel like we just talked about that a couple of weeks ago. As a matter of fact, I could be wrong, but Venezuela's main export is above board anyway, is oil, and that's why their economy was doing so well in the early two thousands. So it would make sense to me that they would sign a trade deal with China because China needs more oil. Russia has been their biggest supplier for a long time. But that also kind of leads me to question why they're making such a treaty style trade deal with Venezuela. Is it because the Russian oil is being used for other purposes they're forced to outsource to feed their demand, or is this just kind of strength ties with a nation that is closer to your on this side of the world. I don't know. There's multiple angles to look at that through, but it very much makes sense to me that because Venezuela is an enemy of America as of this moment, anyway, Maduro has sought to that.
Speaker 15: Yes, I think it's primarily the second thing you said, not so much that China really needs more oil, because they get plenty from Russia, and Venezuelan oil is full of sulfur. It is horrible to work with and you live in a place that's kind of close to the Venezuela, so you and around a bunch of oil refinery, so you might know as much about that as I do. I used to work at an oil refinery, but it was in California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Venezuela's got the stinky oil, and in Asia they have, Yeah, they have the sulfur and a lot of their oil, which there is a process to remove it, but it is extremely expensive. And that's the thing. Like, if China's gonna buy Venezuelan oil, I don't know if they even care that it stinks or not. But it is a pain the ass to work with the process to desulfurize it is a pain in the ass. Uh.
Speaker 2: Asia has a lot of sweet oil, right you.
Speaker 1: You if you're doing like the Chinese oil rigs off the coast, they don't even have to go way, way, way deep to get it. They could damn near just punch a hole in the seafloor and they got oil spurting up.
Speaker 2: And it's easier to work with.
Speaker 1: But it's also a quality issue at that point, if I'm not mistaken. It's been a while since I looked into it, but uh, but yeah, Venezuela does have oil, and even if you're not gonna use it for a fuel source, using it for its plastics, and using it for its other components that you could extract off of it, it's doable.
Speaker 2: Pain in the ass, but doable. But yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what to expect from all of it. It is Uh, it's very difficult to say at this time, but I don't think Maduro is doing the best job. And I have a feeling if history is in fact the thing that repeats itself as often as it does, it stands to reason to me that Marduro might be on the verge of a coup in the next decade.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I was just looking up his main competitors, some woman and her name escapes me at the moment. Yeah, from son or something that probably is wrong.
Speaker 1: I could see it. That being said, when and if that coup happens, will the American three letter agencies be involved? Yeah, yes, probably.
Speaker 2: It's not even a probably.
Speaker 1: It's a garant fucking tea at this point, but yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a rhetorical question.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Maduro is he is swinging for the fences, that is for sure.
Speaker 2: We will see how it plays out. We'll see how it all shakes out.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the drug the drug boat getting blown up, that's awesome. I'm in favor of that. Again, not I'm not trying to infringe on someone's personal freedoms. If it was just drugs, then it would be just drugs and I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it.
Speaker 2: That's a personal issue.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I still believe like Portugal and Switzerland have a good approach. They treat it just as a medical problem. It's legal, it's cheap, you get a prescription though. It's handled that way, and it's possible for drug addicts to have a stable supply of their drug whatever they're hooked on, and they get a reliable quantity of it. And I think nutrition is also part of really the root of the problem of so many health problems in this country, and that leads to people getting prescription painkillers, and then that leads to people getting heroin because it's a third the price of the prescription one on the black market, which they're unable to continue to get a prescription for. It's just one thing leading to another, and people who aren't bad people and don't think of themselves as drug users just end up slipping into it by accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just.
Speaker 15: We should do what Portugal in Switzerland do, but we can't because again, the CIA can't make money at it.
Speaker 1: I think that's a two prong issue though, A, you're correct the CIA can't make money off of legal drugs, and B I think there's also a cultural thing that needs to be at least aired on that one. Right, Portugal and Switzerland and other European nations, they don't have a culture of excess. Right. Of course, you have your like super wealthy elites out there that do have an excessive lifestyle like that exists, but your average Portuguese person does not live a culture or at least have the mindset of like we need more of everything, we need to overdo stuff, we need to do things to the max, and all of these things. That's not a cultural thing for them or Switzerland for that matter. That is absolutely a cultural thing in America. And I'm not saying that's a good thing by any means, but it's like, there's a reason why in a lot of European countries you can go have a glass of wine or beer at lunch at your place of business because it's a cultural thing there to where like people don't overdo shit on Mass anyway. You'll have your oneses and Tuesdays, but not on Mass. In America, if you allowed your employees to drink at lunch, they would be so slash they would not get back to work afterwards. That's you see what I'm saying. There's like there's other issues at foot on that. Huh.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I get that with alcohol. I don't really get that sense with fentanyl or heroin so much. I think that most of the deaths from that are either accidental from people overdosing because they don't know what the dose they're getting is, or deliberately suicidal because right actually want to kill themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, fentanyl is a different thing, right, So many drugs are being cut with fentanyl. Now, Like I have a buddy I served with as a matter of fact, he died from an accidental fentanyl overdose.
Speaker 2: Now, yes, the.
Speaker 1: Conversation can come up, well, why was he using any drugs at all?
Speaker 2: He shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, fuck off with all that, right, But the substance that he was participating in that evening, they didn't know that it was cut fentanyl, and when they found out it was after he croaked over. I have another buddy of mine who got blown up in Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was.
Speaker 1: Prescribed opiates by the VA until twenty sixteen, when the VA said that they were cutting off all opiates and he was left with severe back pain and no way to manage it. They didn't even like prescribe another type of painkiller. They basically said, oh, well, too bad, so said he and a lot of other veterans went to the streets to score H at that point. So, like the fentanyl heroin thing, I'm with you. There's people that get hooked on medications prescribed to them and then go to H because it's a third the price and it's more readily available. And I'm not judging them. We should have certain infrastructure in place for people like that. I'm with you on this right. Fentanyl, the way that it's making its way across I only know of a handful of people that are taking fentanyl knowing that it's fentanyl from the get go. Most people get strung out on that because they didn't realize that that was what their drug of choice is being cut with that, I have an issue with.
Speaker 2: There's levels there.
Speaker 15: Yep. Well Portugal, Switzerland, that's that's what I vote for. Orban it completely like Singapore, and that can work for them, but for other reasons that just won't work here.
Speaker 1: It's Singapore is a way smaller nation and they they I mean, spitting gum on the sidewalk is illegal under penalty of jail time in Singapore's yeah, yeah, yeah it is. So yeah, I'm with you there. There's got to be a better solution than what we currently have. But it's also about a solution that the people would actually abide by or agree to.
Speaker 2: And that's it's it's a messy situation.
Speaker 1: I get it. Though. Back to the chat here, Well, didn't Jesus divide families too? I'm Christian, but I could easily argue that he was a cult leader.
Speaker 18: He didn't.
Speaker 1: He wasn't telling people to like cut ties with their family for not believing in Jesus. He was telling you to trim the tree, so to speak, to prune the tree. And that's all I was talking about. If you have a toxic family member who is a real detriment to your life aside from your religious beliefs, like they are just doing bad things to you. You don't have to stay associated with them just because of familial ties. That being said, there is a lot of people that do believe that Jesus was a cult leader. There's an argument for that. I respectfully disagree, but I see why people would think so.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 1: He only told a few of his followers to like, drop what they were doing and follow him. He was not telling people to sell all their earthly possessions. He said that to one dude. He abided by all Jewish laws and tradition. I know, Royce, you're going to disagree with some of those points, but that's a conversation for another day. Yeah, I don't see Jesus as a cult leader, but I see what you mean.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I don't want to, but the verses are still there, and I think cult leaders today will use.
Speaker 2: Those verses out of context.
Speaker 15: Yeah, drop everything you're doing. The two or three who said, well, I want to follow you, but I have a funeral to go to first for my family, and he said, let the dead bury their own. You need to follow me right now and just screw them, or the rich guy, or I have come to set a family at war with itself or something like that, two against three and three against two. Whoever loves their mother or father more than me is not worthy to follow me. Whoever loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy to follow me. There were a good you know, maybe five more verses like that, so as somebody today could easily use that and say, see, see, Jesus said that, that's why you need to follow me this way too.
Speaker 1: I hear you. But again, those are taken out of context if you look at it.
Speaker 15: I don't think.
Speaker 1: So you got to look at the time, place, and audience when some of these are being said. Is he speaking to the entirety of Christendom? Or is he speaking to this entire Judaism I should say, because Christianity wasn't the thing of the time. Was he talking to the entirety of the congregation or was he speaking to that specific person because the situation that this person was asking about was something deeper that you wouldn't get if you just looked at that one sentence. That's all.
Speaker 15: He was speaking to the individual, but within earshot of the rest of his disciples. And I don't know, well, I guess Jesus was omniscient, but for the sake of argument for the people leaving their funeral. I mean, nobody else knew. Maybe they were terrible people that Jesus was telling them to leave from that family. But it doesn't it doesn't say that maybe they were just a normal family and then their sons just vanished and they go. Where where'd these guys go? You know, they didn't their family didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 1: No, But and I don't know, maybe off the top, I don't know the context to that specific story. I don't know if this person that was being buried was like lived a morally unjust life and he was saying, like why are you worried about that? You could come do this, and like that's a whole other thing that the dead bury of the dead country. I don't know off top, but I will say that context matters, not just the context of the story, but the context of the time and the place in the audience.
Speaker 15: That's all, Yeah, we don't get much context in that verse. It's only like, yeah, I don't know five or ten of them, and you just meet these people and you don't have any background.
Speaker 1: Well, what I'm saying is the city that he was speaking in, right, was this when he was in.
Speaker 15: Don't know what city it was, that's my point. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, we don't know. If you read the entire chapter or you read the entire story, you'll know what city he was in. You could look at what the political turmoil was in that area at that time. You could look at what these people like main source of income was. What were these people's cultural practices at this time, Like not just all of Judaism, but I mean like specifically city to city, there's cultural differences, right, There's there's a lot of things to be said for this.
Speaker 2: The burial practices themselves are a thing.
Speaker 1: It's there's there's a lot of in but between the lines things that you have to study outside sources to get the main section of what was being said and why. That is why I do enjoy listening to BIB.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could do this another time.
Speaker 1: I'm down, Hell, we could do a whole episode talking about religious things, Roy Scott, things he wants to bring up, you got things. I am down for the open air discussion of all of these things. I love this. All right, let's see here Tony sent a link. What is this on X?
Speaker 15: What I phrased it? Too. Blowing up drug deelers is good. And then the next guy says, here's a picture of you in a poppy field protecting the CIA run Afghan heroin trade.
Speaker 2: Yeap, that is absolutely a thing.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, a lot of my buddies that deployed were set about to guard massive marijuana fields, massive poppy fields because at that time they were trying to work on relations with the Taliban and the Taliban at that time his main source of income was poppy growth for heroin. Who was buying it, who was transporting it? We don't know. These are just poppy farmers. They're just decent guys. But you could literally see when the attacks would happen on our service members based off of if it was a planting season and harvest season. Pretty much everything would stop because all of the at that time quote unquote terrorists would throw down their weapons, pick up their hose, and go to the fields and work. And then once the work was done, it'd be a couple of weeks or a couple of months, they would put their gardening tools down and pick up their weapons and continue the attacks. It was it was like you could almost time it like clockwork, but Yeah, to your point, the service members absolutely guarded these fields for the local agriculture of Afghanistan, which their number one export for a good portion of the last two decades was poppy that would later be used to create heroin. Anyway, all right, the last thing I really want to end on on this episode is this news from Texas where an archaeological dig site is dating back more than thirteen thousand years and could rewrite the history books that we know about the North American continent.
Speaker 2: Let's learn together.
Speaker 4: Most significant archaeological discoveries in the Western Hemisphere. It's called the Gault Site, and it's rewriting textbooks about when humans first came to the Americas, and it is right here in central Texas. Last month, we introduced the Dallas filmmaker who'd worked for years to share the story of how this site was saved, and well, we were curious, so photojournalist Alexas Ramirez and I took a little road trip, and this morning we're inviting you along on an unremarkable stretch of roadway surrounded by quarries just north of Austin.
Speaker 5: There's only a handful of sites like this one.
Speaker 4: You'll find gold An archaeological site so significantly that it's rewriting textbooks and challenging what experts thought they knew about the people of the Americas.
Speaker 17: It's a place that.
Speaker 24: Has been known and used by indigenous people for tens of thousands of years.
Speaker 4: Professor Mike Adlery, he's an archaeologist and cheers SMU's anthropology department. He too, is eager to see what is uncovered about the earliest humans in the Americas, called the Clovis culture. Experts put them in what is now Texas about thirteen thousand years ago. The findings at Gold pre date even that.
Speaker 24: What did they eat, what were they doing? People were here, and people were here very early, much earlier than we used to think.
Speaker 1: That's exciting should we can expose them mandible.
Speaker 24: There's there's more mystery under that dirt.
Speaker 4: And it's a mystery that most likely would have remained buried were it not for the perseverance of ut Austin archaeologist doctor Mike Collins.
Speaker 24: He had faith and then to put his own resources into it. Again, not many colleagues would do that. So it took a unique person to help to save a unique site. And I'd never been on a dick with that many artifacts in one unit.
Speaker 11: Welcome to Golf.
Speaker 4: The story of Gold and how Collins fought to save it.
Speaker 23: This local site has influenced our understanding of the big human history.
Speaker 4: Are shared in a new independent film called The Stones Are Speaking. Dallas's Olive Tally wrote, directed, and produced.
Speaker 25: The golf site now is what it always has been. It's a bucolic little pasture along butterm don't create in central Texas. If you walked out there today, and I hope your viewers will someday, you will wonder, really, how could this place be so extraordinary when it looks so ordinary? And that was the question one of the questions it drove me.
Speaker 1: The Stones Are Speaking.
Speaker 4: The film has generated new interest in the site and in exploring how the earliest Texans, yes, even before there was a Texas, lived and survived, that there.
Speaker 24: Were these persistent places that people knew depended upon. They knew when they could go there, what would be available, when the deer would show up, and so you have this predictability that humans crave. We don't like unpredictability.
Speaker 4: And is that also part of what fascinates scientists about finding places like gold Because you want to know how people survive.
Speaker 24: Yes, yeah, and you know in some cases they didn't, and then you want to find out what happened, what.
Speaker 1: Life might have been like fifteen thousand years ago.
Speaker 4: After Collins purchased the site, he donated it so that it could be preserved for future scientists.
Speaker 21: The tour starts here, but at the bottom of the hill we have restrooms and water.
Speaker 4: The site is also open for monthly tours.
Speaker 26: Pretty much all of the archaeology happens down in the valley itself.
Speaker 21: We've had a couple of months ago we had two ladies that were visiting a friend in San Marcus and they heard about it and they were from Pacifica, California. Yeah. So people are coming from all over now, like we had no idea yea, and it is one of the most important sites in the America's.
Speaker 4: Al Kaufman says he has always been interested in archaeology and came out with a group from Austin.
Speaker 23: Well, I learned some things. I mean, it's fun to be, you know, on the ground and see stuff.
Speaker 4: Why does this matter? Why shouldn't we want to know more about the early people here?
Speaker 23: Because history tells us who we are, and without understanding that, ride's a better understanding of who we are.
Speaker 4: The Golt Site is significant in part just because of the sheer magnitude of what was found here. Just three percent of the site has been excavated, but scientists uncovered more than two and a half million Clovis artifacts. It since been covered to protect it. But the good news for those who want to preserve this space is that it's all still here.
Speaker 26: This was a place where there were trade routes through Texas for thousands of years.
Speaker 4: Elizabeth Collins is a geophysicist.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I started coming out here when.
Speaker 4: I was nine with an interest in archaeology. How could she not. She's also Mike Collins's granddaughter.
Speaker 26: And he's never talking down to you. He's just sharing what he knows, and he's excited about it, and that always helps bring out the excitement in other people to learn and to see all of these amazing things.
Speaker 4: How does it make you feel to be a part of bringing groups through here to experience this.
Speaker 26: I am so proud, you know. This is the biggest part of his legacy, and I am honored to be able to be a part of it. Because I've seen a lot of it, and I want other people to see it.
Speaker 8: To her, I just couldn't leave its future to chance.
Speaker 4: In our film, Tally shares that part of what drove her to document the Gault story is that Collins can no longer share it for himself. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 15: Because Robbie, if we don't have.
Speaker 25: People like this in our society, if we don't have people who are driven to make a difference, what.
Speaker 4: Do we have.
Speaker 24: It's something proud of for so many reasons. First that it's unique that it's in Texas, that it's so old, but also it's a story of potential harm, potential laws. In the end, triumph, Mike Collins got it done, you know, and.
Speaker 15: Save this place.
Speaker 4: And that's a big deal.
Speaker 24: That's a really big deal move.
Speaker 4: The documentary is winning awards at film festivals all across the country. Check it out for yourself.
Speaker 1: You know, I did want to end this episode on a positive note, and I thought that was as good as any right. This archaeological dig site, only three percent of it's been excavated, and they have found over two million artifacts from the Clovis people. This goes back thirteen thousand years. I know a lot of people, especially as we've been talking about some religious conversations this evening, a lot of people believe that the Earth is only like six thousand years old, or maybe somewhere around ten thousand years old. I'm not going to sit here and say that it is in fact four point six billion. I don't know. What I am saying is that human existence on this planet has been a thing for a lot longer than the believed by some six to seven thousand years, give or take by land like leaves and bounds. And you know, there's more archaeological dig sites around the world that are starting to show that. And I mean a lot of them are around Europe and around the Middle East and things like that, and around you know, the Horn of Africa and stuff. But I for one, am happy to hear that there's dig sites in Miami and in Texas and all over America, North America specifically, but America as a country that are showing that in and of themselves. That makes me happy. And you know what, I think that's a pretty decent spot to end this episode. As I said in the beginning, for any of the listeners, the thousands of people that are listening to this every week. If you would like to join in this conversation, please come to the link below and check out the Cajun Night on Patreon. So again, only one tier for entry. We're trying to just grow this to become its own, independent, growing community, to be affiliated with the Cult of Conspiracy as well, but also, as you can tell, we don't go deep into the conspiracyory of conversation. We talk about the religion, the history, the news, geopolitics, all the stuff, all the things that we find interesting. Once again link in the description below. Again, everybody, thank y'all for joining me this evening. I am the Cajun Knights, and as always, God bless