Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: It's pretty volatile and pretty best. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: The other thing we learned is that CNN spends a lot of time on porn sites.
Speaker 3: I'll clearly be able to get this kind of information. That's what word, that's the.
Speaker 1: Lead and now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: In good morning. Another day it would be another hour, but we look at we work at. iHeart another eighty cents and good morning everybody. Amy, let's start with you. You have to move your camera a little bit over because all I have is your left side. There you go. Your beautiful continence is now staring me in the face. So what continence? Not in countenance? Hey siri, Oh my god, I'm what does the word countenance mean?
Speaker 3: Am I supposed to drop that?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not what he says?
Speaker 2: A person's face or facial expression?
Speaker 4: No, you what we what we all heard had nothing to do with their face.
Speaker 2: I said countenance. Uh, facials for example, the movement of the eyes, eyebrows, lips, nose, and cheeks. That lista you know that the look of complete utter disgust, disdain that comes on your face whenever I say hello, That is your beautiful countenance.
Speaker 4: I swear it's like flying Boeing. Every time we start this show, your is going to fall off. A wheel is going to fall off, all right, so what a start?
Speaker 2: Right? Uh? And Neil, Oh, good morning, Amy, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning Willie Wolf.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And there you are sucking up on your espresso. Yes, sure, yep. And here is my cup that I get, the big one. Oh, this is my BMW cup. Surly. BMW gave me this when I bought the car. So all you have to do is spend four hundred thousand dollars on a car and they'll give you an insulated mug. By the way. I didn't, but I did get my mug. So I'm digressing, aren't I? How unusual? Cono, good morning?
Speaker 3: Yes, good morning Bill.
Speaker 2: I know, mister focus is my middle name. You're gonna be busy today, Cono and good morning, good morning Bill. Yeah, there we go, all right. My my countenance, no, although in Ann's case, it's and countenance that almost worked, didn't it. No? It didn't. Countenance. No, I'm trying to get there and it's not working. Oh, by the way, I misspoke. Yesterday Michelle Q pointed this out. I am leaving on vacation, but not next week. It's the end of next week. I leave on Friday afternoon of next week. So if the impression was that I Am not going to be here next week, I will be here next week and then I'm off and running and I'll be back a couple of weeks before the election. So yeah, I'm very excited about the election. It's getting really good, and it's just it's astounding. It's just so great. Today we have some stats about what's going on with the election. Kamala Harris is doing better. I have not yet heard about the election is rigged yet, not yet. Maybe I won't too, because actually Donald Trump is taking a more measured tone, I think in terms of the rigging part, in terms of the cheating part, we'll see what happens. And for the first time actually mentioned that if he loses, he will not run again in twenty twenty eight. So that was the first time that came out, and it presupposes that he might lose. Where prior before there were only two choices, either he wins or it's a rigged election. And I did not hear that, so maybe it is moderating, which I certainly hope to hope so. And also the thread against democracy being pushed very very hard on the Trump by the Democrats. I'm hoping that we just go to more of the issues. There are plenty of issues out there, I mean, insane issues in terms of taxes and in terms of which way the country is going to go, social issues, reproduct there are reductive rights, NATO allies. I mean, there's a lot of stuff going on, tariffs that are coming in. All right, that's enough of that. Why don't we do it? Guys, It's time for handle on the news on a taco Tuesday, September twenty fourth, Amy Neil and Me lead story. Well, California has filed the lawsuit against Exxon Mobile alleging that it's gasoline is utter crap. No, that's not the lawsuit. It is suing because of Exxon mobiles promise that the plastics it produced would be recycled, and Attorney General Rob Bonte said, oh no, no, less than five percent of the plastic is recycled into another plastic product in the US, even though the items are labeled recyclable turns out they're not turns out not that they're not being recycled is one allegation. I've already said that you throw all your crap in the recycle bind of tiny proportion is actually used for recycling. What the Attorney General said is that only five percent of the products that Mobile says can be recycled are able to be recycled. And so this is one of those big, big corporate lawsuits. Exon Mobile blame California's recycling system. For decades, California officials have known their recycling system isn't defective, they fail to act. Now they seek to blame others. Well, here's the problem. They sort of are missing the boat because Exon is saying it's your fault that things are not being recycled. California said, your stuff can not be recycled even if we wanted to or try to see there's sort of its apples and oranges and what Exon Mobile is deflecting. If this is true, which of course I believe it's true. They're in a world it hurt or they're going to have to label correctly saying don't bother with your recycle bin bill because it's a waste of time. Why pay extra money to get the trash an extra trash barrel.
Speaker 5: Was the deadliest day in almost two decades. Israel launched a barrage of air strikes across Lebanon in what was the deadliest day since the war with Hesbela in two thousand and six. Israeli bombs killed more than five hundred people and wounded more than eighteen hundred others. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said it hit sixteen hundred Hesbela assets across Lebanon yesterday and has not ruled out the possibility of going in on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Here's another one where you have a group in this case hasblah after October seventh, the next day starts launching missiles against Israel in solidarity of what's happening in Gaza. And now Israel goes, okay, we're going at it. And let's say Israel goes in i did in two thousand and six and decimate southern Lebanon. Maybe we handle that wrong. Maybe we should have stayed the hell out of that war. We weren't being attacked by Israel. They were leaving us alone. The border was being enforced. Why would we do this, Oh, I don't know, to kill a few thousand Lebanese. It's a man. I just don't get it. And we're and Israel's just they're done. Israel's none of this were proportional response or any of that. They're just taking everybody out that attacks Israel.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: We're taking them out. So it's going to be it's gonna be very, very tough. We'll see if full scale war breaks out. And again, as I said, we've ever seen Kamala Harris and Donald Trump is right there front and center because they both have different ways of dealing with this. So that's part of the presidential Everything is part of the presidential that we're going to talk about.
Speaker 3: More troops to the Middle East.
Speaker 4: The Defense Department plans to send a few dozen of US troops to the Middle East in coming days. It is said to be ready to help Americans flee the region that is bracing for significant escalation simmering conflict obviously between Israel and the Iranian backed militant group has the law there in Lebanon. This would be in addition to the forty thousand troops that are already in that region.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the forty I can understand a few dozen or one hundred troops to help evacuate Americans, that's a given in a war zone. It's the forty thousand troops that are already there in the region, both in terms of on aircraft carrier with the task groups and on the ground. What do they do? I mean, we're showing a strength to force. Is what is American? What are the Americans do? What they fly off aircraft carriers and start I'm being targets in Lebanon? Is that what the US does? Of course not. So I've always wondered about where it's a show of strength. All right, Hey we're strong, Yes you are strong, boy. Look at that aircraft carrier. Isn't that neat? Now what do you do with it? That's all it's it's you'll never see American boots on the ground. I mean, that will never happen. It's that. Well, you see arms being set to Israel. I'll tell you what it's all about. The only way America is going to influence Israel. And it's getting more and more the world's getting more and more adamant about the United States doing something and not that Israel cares is simply to stop the arms. That's it. Stop the weapons going in. Israel shuts down in three days. It's war effort. It cannot survive that war without American aid. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 5: Boeing has put up what it calls its last best offer. Thirty machinists are striking in the Northwest, but this new offer would give them a thirty percent pay raise over four years, including a twelve percent pay raise right out of the gate. The new offer also doubles a signing bonus to six thousand dollars and increases what Boeing would contribute to four oh one k plans. But what it does not have is a reinstatement of the pension plan that union members lost ten years ago in another labor agreement. And that's one of the things that they have been demanding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big deal. Also, there was some language, did Boeing just Boweling promise to build airplanes that don't fall out of the sky And they couldn't get that language into the contract either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the new Boeing Hindenburg. Yeah it'd be nice, Yeah, I would all right, the man accused in I don't know why we got to keep calling it the apparent assassination attempt of Donald Trump at the golf course there in Florida, left behind notes saying that he intended to kill the former president, and in his car they actually found a handwritten list of dates and venues where Trump was to appear.
Speaker 3: But apparently he gave a.
Speaker 4: Box that was dropped off months earlier to home some unidentified person at this point that and they didn't open the box until the arrest Sunday's arrest, and it had notes and stuff in it, and one of them said, this a dear world. This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump, but I failed.
Speaker 2: You Hey, So he knew he was going to fail, all right, that's one question.
Speaker 4: Well, he had multiple notes apparently, and one of them was if he failed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I see, it's like Dwight Eisenhower. The day failed or it succeeded. He had two different letters that went out, two different statements.
Speaker 4: Same with Nixon and the of the landing on the moon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's true. That's true. But what makes this story different how it's evolved is originally the story was that he was going after any target that he was going after Republicans or Democrats or Supreme Court judges. All were more on the list, and now it's winnowed down to simply an attempt to assassinate the former president.
Speaker 3: I thought that was the first guy had a list of.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm conflating the two. Maybe it was, Maybe it was.
Speaker 4: But the interesting thing is correct in this letter, if this letter he said something like offering one hundred and fifty thousand, if he didn't do it for anybody else, that it's time for America to stand up and do it.
Speaker 5: I want to know what did the box have a sign on it that said do not open until assassination attempt?
Speaker 2: I was thinking, or yeah, or do not open until him arrested, or do not open because until I'm gone. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know that I'd received that from anybody. Like there's no friend or family member that says, hey, here's a box, don't open it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you don't have any Oh you don't have any friends or family members that are out there trying to assassinate a president or former president. Oh okay, well the rest of us certainly have friends.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying, like, if somebody said, hey, here's a box, just don't open it.
Speaker 3: You'll know window open it.
Speaker 4: I I'd open it.
Speaker 5: House Republicans are turning their backs on their own because they got to get this spending bill passed. So the House Rules Committee stripped the government spending bill from consideration last night, which meant that Republican leadership has to use a procedural floor vote to and has to rely on Democrats to get this spending bill passed so the government doesn't shut down October first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a sort of, if you want to call it, more the moderate wing of the Republican of Republican Congress, because you have those that are on the far right say we don't care. We either have this bill that says people have to show ID in order to vote, and we're willing to shut down the US government. We don't care. Well, you got the rest of Congress saying hang on a minute. Usually, these continuing resolution resolutions to keep the government going, are are clear, are clean bills, clean of the sense of that's the vote, we vote to keep the government going, pending a vote to keep to Now create a budget which has all the crap in it, but it's well these are the politics has happened before, and you know it's now. There are plenty of people in Congress that say politics is far more important than keeping the government alive then keeping people fed. That we're getting checks. That's the part that stuns me. A lot of these very conservative Congress folks are saying, we are for you, We are for you, the little guy, but we are prepared for you not to get checks for a period of time and hope that the people at the grocery store will accept the fact that you will be getting a check in a couple of weeks. Boy, this is all skewed. I mean, we're just going crazy here, we really are. It's going to be a fun presidential for.
Speaker 4: Russian military aircraft passed through the Alaska Air Defense Identification Zone on Monday. It's news, but it's it does happen sort of regularly.
Speaker 3: This sea does all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so you know, yeah, we didn't send anybody to intercept it. Nothing happened, and but it's news.
Speaker 2: I was watching a documentary last night on Netflix about the Cold War, and one of the episodes talked about Korean airlines Double O seven that flew over the Kamchaka Kamchatka Peninsula into Russian airspace and they shot it down and two hundred and thirty seven or two hundred fifty seven people died. And I mean, so it's now flying in and out of sovereign airspace is no big deal. I mean, everybody does it with everybody else, and they just don't. And these we're talking about military aircraft going in over a country's airspace. Very different world. So I mean, is anything going to happen? Not really, you know, it's the same, we do it, tit for tat.
Speaker 5: You know, murders are down, good news. Murders in the US down eleven point six percent for twenty twenty three. That's according statistics released by the FBI. They say that violent crime overall was down three percent from twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three. Sounds great, but that's still one million, two hundred eight teeny four hundred and sixty seven violent crimes committed in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: And here is the question I have, because this is going to be a big issue of the presidential where if well you're hearing Trump of course saying crime is out of control. You can't go to school without getting shot at, et cetera. And we're not hearing yet. Kamala Harris saying, look at the stats that just came out. But look at the stats. Crime is way down. So let's say there's another debate, which there won't be. But let's say there's another debate, or you have conflicting stories the Trump campaign. Crime is out of control, it's going crazy, the world's the most dangerous place to live, which, by the way, the United States is one of the most dangerous places to live in the world. And then the other side said crime is down. Who believes what?
Speaker 5: I don't believe that crime is down.
Speaker 2: Okay, so fair enough, And let me ask you why would the FBI say that murders are down? As matter of fact, every single category of crime is down except for car thef's which is up through the roof.
Speaker 3: So why this is that's for the United States?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is for the United States. But that's a national figure. It's a national figure, I understand it.
Speaker 3: But there can be local figures that are higher than that.
Speaker 2: There can in certain cities. I'd like to look at California. Then I'd like to look at individual cities, for example, Los Angeles. Then you have to look at the suburbs of Los Angeles. Yes, so, I mean you can do anything with this. But the point is, I want to go back to Amy. Amy, you do not believe this figure from the FBI.
Speaker 5: The figures from the FBI might be correct, but overall, I mean, we are hearing about stabbings on metros, people being attacked. We had a USC student attacking a teacher. We have smash and grab robberies every day, and.
Speaker 2: We don't know if you have this. I don't know if you have and scared used to. I don't know if you have them every day. But what's happening is we are getting the video of every single problem and it's being reported because of the news cycles. That's the problem I think is crime could go way down. The smashing grabs I think, you know, I don't know if they're up or not, but I know there's only a handful of those smashing grabs that we see on me on the videos.
Speaker 4: Down the street from me, a couple nights ago, fifty teams on bicycles road right to a seven to eleven went in and just started grabbing everything and leaving.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you if you're do you really consider it a smash and grab if someone grabs a bag of cheetos.
Speaker 3: If they smash them, Yes, and they.
Speaker 2: Have to smash the cheetos. See, I think of smashing grabs of you go in and you grab expensive purses and jewelry, smash and grabs for cheetos and a big gulp. Is uh No, I understand your point. I under but then look at the neighbor But look at the neighborhood you live in too.
Speaker 3: It's true. I don't you live in a gated community.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 4: I do not you you live surrounded by Republicans.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so true. That is so true. I mean up and down my street because I moved into Orange County, it is nothing but American flags and Trump flags. And of course I happen to be living with someone who is insanely liberal. And we have that little tiny flag that says we believe in women's rights, we believe in true love, we believe in LGBTQ rights. We are a house of love. And I told lindsay, I go, you know, we're gonna die. That's it, We're gonna die. This house is gonna be torched. We will not survive the week. There's a Trump flag across the street that's bigger than the flag they fly over the Capitol. Well, you can't get into the garage because of the flag covers up the entire our garage door. You know, we didn't finish the conversation. I had to go to break about the stats of crime in the United States, and Amy and I were get into it, not into it. We were discussing whether you could believe it or not. You know what the stats are. Of course stats. You can do anything with stats. And Neil and I were also talking about how his neighborhood had a smash and grab just yesterday. I talked about how, you know, Neil's neighborhood is, well, let's just say it can be sketchy parts of it.
Speaker 4: And I pay good money to be nestled between ghettos.
Speaker 2: Right, and then in my neighborhood, as you pointed out, it's basically gated communities with all Trump supporters. So it's a pretty white neighborhood. Now let me tell you, let me go beyond that. We have a neighborhood watch. Now. I don't have weapons, as you know, I don't believe weapons no neighborhood watch in my neighborhood. Are neighbors taking turns on top of their roofs with sniper rifles. That is some very serious neighborhood watching.
Speaker 4: You know what, you can't you can't deny, Yes, that the stats that the FBI have are correct. However, when they're not doing investigations in each town, they're pulling the stats from local law enforcement. And if you have a DA that reclassifies certain you know, felonies as misdemeanors, then it's.
Speaker 2: Well, still a crime.
Speaker 4: But you're right, you're violenced, going to change the severity, that's true, That's right, there's reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the stats. You can do anything with the bottom line. All right, let's move on with a handle on the news, Amy Neil and me.
Speaker 3: All Right, more weather.
Speaker 4: Florida is bracing for what could be the United States heaviest hitting hurricanes so far this season. So, uh, there's this area of thunderstorms and it's building strength in the Caribbean Sea. But they think that's going to bring this crazy, life threatening storm surge and hurricane force winds to the southeast later this week. And that's the concern that they have, right now.
Speaker 2: And how early is the hurricane season? When did it start? Thirty seven minutes ago? And we have just begun with this crazy stuff. It is going to be a rough hurricane season, especially, I mean you're looking along the ghost along the coast, the Florida on either side of Florida is going to get hit. It's going to be bad.
Speaker 4: But the recals, the local law enforcement or DA is going to downgrade it to just rain and that way it won't show up on the FBI weather stats.
Speaker 2: Very good, very good point. And they don't do much about hurricanes and Nebraska. Although they're going to start guaranteed.
Speaker 5: Only some smart cars are good smart cars. The US Commerce Department is going to propose a ban on the sale or impart of smart vehicles that have Chinese or Russian technology in them. The government investigated and found a range of national security risks from embedded software and hardware from China and Russia that's in US vehicles, including the possibility of remote sabotage by hacking and the collection of personal data on drivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes you can't tell the difference either. What is Chinese made car an American car other than the Chinese made car don't use the R in the label of smart cars. I don't even know if I can say that I wish you wouldn't have. Yeah, I don't know if that is legitimate to say. Am I going to get in trouble for that? All right? Let's move on.
Speaker 4: Federal judge is tossed a lawsuit brought by former sheriff Alex viet Nueva against US Angeles County. If you remember, this was the do not rehire notification that was placed on his personnel fire file.
Speaker 3: He contested that.
Speaker 4: This was put on there by an oversight panel, said that he discriminated against anne harassed to county employees.
Speaker 3: He filed a federal lawsuit in June, and it was tossed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, I didn't have due process and in the court papers, well, we were told, we told you that we are investigating you, and you refused to be interviewed unless you had the questions in advance. Okay, that's over, and now he's suing. Well, and he got tossed.
Speaker 3: They sure didn't like that guy.
Speaker 2: No, No, he was not very popular. Well, and I think we can finish up with this amy.
Speaker 5: Homeless kids are getting helping hand up love this story. Five new boutiques have opened at LAUSD schools and they basically help homeless kids get new clothes. All the clothes is brand new, it's free to students, Adidas bands, Levi's, so it's nice new clothes because us Elie. USD board member Jackie Goldberg said, you know when they don't have clothes that don't have holes, and they have clothes that don't fit because they got them at some bizarre or church, you know, they don't feel like regular students. And this gives them a chance to get some brand new clothes.
Speaker 2: And that's work with you. Look at the irony here. You're going to be able to tell who is poor and who is not. And the whole point of this is so they're not stigmatized. So the people who have money are going to be wearing clothes with holes in them like the pants, and the poor people are going to be having clothes without holes in them. It's very, very strange how you can buy a pair of jeans for three hundred dollars and have holes in them. It's just the world is very strange. Kids these days, no, those kids these days from THAD. These days, we're not the same as we were. All Right, we're done, guys. KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app