Speaker 1: Channeline with a forecast, what you have is an overcast day, maybeas shower too. H Forty five would be the high overnight look twenty eight with sky's clearing.
Speaker 2: We have a sunny day tomorrow with the high fifty.
Speaker 1: Four forty two overnight with clowns and a cloudy Saturday with the high.
Speaker 2: Fifty three forty eight degrees. Right now, time for a traffic.
Speaker 3: Updam from the UCL Traffic Center of the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset coobra rectal cancer program called five one three five eighty five UCCCE SAT Bend seventy five. There's a broken down on the bridge. Lane is blocked off, backing traffic just a bit towards Ezer Charles. He spent two seventy five or broken down left shoulder just before you get to seventy five coming down to Trey County shot Ingbramont fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: PAY six thirty I FIFY five KRCD talk station. Very happy Thursday to you and a welcome back to Dan Hill's former FOP president of the City of Cincinnati Police Department. He is wearing today his frontline advisors had and speaking on behalf of the problems the Fairfield Police Department has. Having Welcome back to the program. Dan, It's a pleasure to have you on, Brian. You know, the pleasure is always mine. Always enjoyed being on with you and your audience. Well, I appreciate that, and it's good to hear from you. And it's good to put Fairfield on the map. As you point out in your statement from frontline advisors, quite often overlooked Fairfield is, you know, between city of Cincinnati, which gets some reporting in Dayton, lots going on in Fairfield. But before we dive into the situation they're facing with the police department there, why don't you remind my listeners what frontline advisors and you do.
Speaker 4: Well, we represent police and corrections units. I'm not really a company the one can't reveal that one yet. And also lots of individual officers who maybe don't feel satisfied.
Speaker 5: With something their.
Speaker 4: Current counsel or representation doing come to frontline and frontline attorney. So we represent cops and uh, that's what uh, that's what I was doing with the FOP, and I wanted to keep on doing it, and I hooked up with the right lawyers, uh, folks who really do care about the police officers they represent and go the extra mile.
Speaker 5: And that's kind of what experience.
Speaker 4: And we haven't even like ever got real proactive in our sales.
Speaker 5: We just kind of picking up agencies as they come to us.
Speaker 4: And then, like I said, lots and lots of individual officers who find that they haven't been represented properly find their find their way to our doors. We got an office in Montgomery and an office down in Tendagon close to downtown.
Speaker 1: And you got a website because there's an officer out there going, hey, I need them.
Speaker 5: We sure do.
Speaker 4: You'll find you'll you'll find us at Frontline Advisors. I believe it's LLC doctor I.
Speaker 5: I'll send out to you.
Speaker 4: How about that. I can make sure that that's right. But yes, that there is a there is a website and I'll forward it.
Speaker 5: To you in jail.
Speaker 2: All right, something you should put the memory there, Dan.
Speaker 4: Hills gonna give me in trouble with all right.
Speaker 1: Not giving you any more craft. Let's move on to Fairfield. You are speaking on behalf of Fairfield, which I guess they're in the middle of negotiation. So let's tart about talk about briefly about what's going on in Fairfield up to now when before we dive into the what the stall is with the negotiations with the police department. I understand that demographics have changed a lot and maybe there's more criminal activity, but let my listeners know about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, they have apartment complexes where you know, not to do the the immigration thing, but that's what's happened up there. There's apartment complexes that are just full of immigrants. I don't know what percentage of them are legal and which percentages are illegal, but they got a lot happening, a lot moving up there. I feel like they're doing big city police for in a little town.
Speaker 2: And then back to what.
Speaker 4: I said in my statement, they're kind of lost in between Dayton and Cincinnati when it comes to folks paying them attention. And we've had the contract of Fairfield for I think a little better than a year now, and the whole thing just always came across from me. Is just kind of weird how their morale was and where they were and I'm thinking, you know, departments got nice, nice complex that they work out of and stuff. They're definitely do a pay raise, there's no doubt about that, but there could be worse out there. But this healthcare thing, and this is when I thought I might want to talk to you because it's so bizarre. I've never seen officers or employees.
Speaker 5: Treated like this with health care before.
Speaker 4: They don't know when they go to the doctor, or their kid goes a doctor, or their wife goes a doctor, what portion of the bill they're going to get, and they don't seem to have any goal and they be in the City of Fairfield of making that any better. There has been a constant over the last three to five years struggle and it even has been in the courts too, about this health insured fund that they had. I think it was worth like four million dollars and because they had multiple unit unions all buying into this fund, and then they wanted to move away from the self insured model and have them all go to something called b hip by our Health Initiative plan and they told them, look, it'll never raise more than two percent a year. But still going into something not knowing what you're going to pay when you go to the doctor is not something I've ever experienced before as a civil servant. I knew what our you know, I always knew what our out of pocket was, out of pocket max or individual, how much I was going to have to pay for scripts, how much maximum per individual I had, and how much maximum I had for family. It's all a mystery for them. What's It's like they need a Wiji board to determine what they're going to pay for healthcare. And so they told them listen, listen, you guys, you'll never see more in a two percent race. They're okay, all right, you know, And so that first the first year was like eight percent. The year following it was seventeen percent. Now I'm not real good with math, but that's a lot more than two percent. Like it went up like twenty five percent. So their healthcare is skyrocketing. And then are trying to negotiate with these police officers saying, hey, you know, how much of a pay raise is going to make you satisfied? And like every other municipality, they always start off with a flight well a real low percent, real real low percent of what they're offering. And at the same time they're telling that they're they're telling them that, well, your your health insurance is still going to be this mystery, and so it put them in a spot there.
Speaker 5: I was thinking that this was this was my days back with the city.
Speaker 4: I would have been all over the medium social media, you know, letting people know. I didn't know how this is going to work with Like I said, of smaller town, it's in between media, ken Ken, we put some pressure on a smaller municipality to kind of wake up because I don't know if all their their council members or whatever realize the moralesh isay, which that's.
Speaker 1: The okay point I did want to get. Let's talk about healthcare. Let's pause from them. We'll bring you back to talk a little bit more about that amount of time in the segment. So we'll bring Dan Hills back to elaborate a little bit more on that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I get to mention butter Remoters, and I love recommending butter Remotors to my listeners. For all your lawn equipment, do not go to the box store. Their name isn't on it. The employee you're working with is not a family member of the Herbert family like it is at butter Remots. Their reputation is at stake. And they offer fantastic customer service and only carry the world's top class brands like John Deere, x Mark, Steel, Honda Power Equipment. After my terrible box store experience, a friend of mine recommended Bud Herbert Motors to me, and I'm blessed to be able to recommend them to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Westside Jim Keefer got on the phone with a Herbert family member. I got my Honda lawnmower. Told me that was the last one I will ever have to buy. It's that great. So I got what I wanted. It works one pull. Every time they've serviced it come out to my place. They delivered it to me when they will for you as well, and they'll make sure you get the right lawn equipment for your needs. So tell the Herbert family members that I said hi when you give them a call. They've been at this more than seventy five years. Fifth Generation Budherbertmotors dot Com. Bud Herbert Mootors dot com. It's uh five to one three five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five to one three five four one thirty two ninety.
Speaker 2: One fifty five car. The talk station Pickleball is on the ride h Channel nine. Weather forecasts got overcasts.
Speaker 1: Sky's day, maybe a shower or two forty five for the high now twenty eight overnight with clearing sky, fifty four under sunny skies. Tomorrow overnight a little forty two with clouds and a cloud eat Saturday. I have fifty three forty eight degrees Now time for traffic from the.
Speaker 3: UCUP Traffic Center of the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young on set collorectal cancer program called five one three five eighty five UCCC southbound seventy five. There's a broken down blocking the west lane on the Brand Spence Bridge. That's those traffic a bit from just below ZERD Charles. No delay to get passed and broken down. He's found two to seventy five. That's the south seventy five ramp coming out of Trient County. Chuck Ingram on fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 1: TAX forty one fifty five KERC decalk station. Brian Thomas with Dan Hills Front Lines and the Frontline Advisors advocates on behalf of police officers and police departments and his subject Metter today Fairfield Police Department struggling with healthcare. But I guess when you're talking about negotiating salary, you can't operate in a factual vacuum.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 1: If you don't how much money is going to go to your healthcare, how can you possibly negotiate a salary, right? Isn't that like part of the problem with this if you don't mean that the price of medical insurance keeps going up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brian, And that's why I decided I wanted to speak publicly about it, is because I've never seen anybody being so restricted and being able to negotiate fairly because they.
Speaker 5: Have no idea.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to talk about the officers that have left, the experience that has left before I say that, Brian, front line advisor LLC dot com.
Speaker 2: All one word and advisor with it. That would.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get out of here with not getting up.
Speaker 2: I feared you might correct the record when we came.
Speaker 4: Back anyway, So no, like I said, this is unique. I've you know, started negotiating contracts back with the city. We're talking, you know, good piece over a decade ago. And look, siations are tough. They're going to be tough.
Speaker 5: That's you.
Speaker 4: You got two sides that will each want to get to a different point. But you know these are these are a quality bunch of officers up there in Fairfield. Really meet bunch of guys and gals. And and again when we took over, like I did, what was going on with them around out there? And why so many are leaving? In two years twenty five percent of their folks have gotten out normal retirements and they've been hiring them on as click for now as as pretty much as they're leading, but they've lost so much experience. And yeah, I actually have a chart where if they've done some unofficial why are you leaving? And like nine or ten have left for other agencies so they weren't done with their careers.
Speaker 5: Are like I just I love.
Speaker 4: Being a policeman, but I can't be a policeman here in Fairfield anymore. And some of it's time to the self insurance insurance ers of this unofficial survey that was taking one one person or I need to know. I need to know what type of health insurance and my half of my life and I just don't know, uh as a Fairfield police officer, what I'm going to have.
Speaker 5: We have they have.
Speaker 4: They have a couple of officers who were tempted to go to Fairfield because they were lived and grew up in the area, and they came from other agencies and they came there and they worked here for six months or so and said nne, no thanks, and they went back to the you know, luckily for them there the originally the original agency took them back. So there is there is a dysfunction there. The thing that I noticed is you have a chief and three assistants who are not in the bargain union, and then they have nothing else in between all the way down to sergeants.
Speaker 5: So it's kind of like an US and them.
Speaker 4: Thing, and it comes out and things like, uh, pursuit policies. Now everybody's rethinking pursuits, and they should be. It's a it's a changing way of policing. But you have other commun unities that border them that are having pursuits that go into Fairfield. You have, Fairfield's a big area geographically, and there's a lot going on, and another community will have a pursuit going into Fairfield and they're just not even allowed to help them. They're not allowed for oup stopsticks. They're not allowed to do anything. And you knows most agencies pursue policies while they are changing, they're not wholesale. Just you better stay out of them, especially when you consider other communities and they're them looking from support for your department. But when you're talking about that amount of senuity drained from your agency, it's a matter of time until something will happen, and then the administrators and fail fair Will are going to throw out their hands and say, well, we have no we had no.
Speaker 5: Idea that this was going on.
Speaker 4: And that's where I kind of come in here and say, well, you've been put on notice officially now publicly that there's some there's some issues they and that your employees, your police officers, especially in this time where it's getting so competitive, people are all trying to grab up the really qualified police officers that are out there and people who want to be in that.
Speaker 5: Work that are out there.
Speaker 4: It was it was really kind of disappointing since we took over Fairfield to see where they're headed, where they are, and that's why.
Speaker 5: I decided to bring a little public attention to it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm happy to serve and serve you in that regard. It's just you know, it's a fundamental principle of fairness here. How can you negotiate any factual vacuum. I mean, if you can say, well, we're going to give the officers and x percent raise and then you know, not tell them that, oh, by the way, that's going to be eradicated because the cost of medical insurance is going to go up by twenty five percent or something. That's just unconscionable. And I don't understand has any motive or reason been expressed to you or any of the officers as to why they're hiding the ball on what their benefits are. I mean, normally you get a policy, an insurance policy, and it says you're responsible for out of pocket at so you're responsible for the copay of this amount twenty percent or five percent whatever. The terms of condition are spelled out very clearly. You know what's covered and you know what's not.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just.
Speaker 1: Just basic fundamental principles of fairness and knowledge and information so you can make informed decisions.
Speaker 4: Well, some of it's historical, and it leaves me if my eyes werell on in the back of my hand trying to understand it all. They had what they called a healthcare committee. And this thing's going on like twenty years ago now, so it was self insured, a fire union, the police union, Stanitation, all their people all kind of came together and they put all this money into a pool and from that they were able to, I guess at one time have healthcare costs that were reasonable. And the committee was actually members of these different unions would sit down and go, all right, here's what we need to do to keep our self assured account sustainable and healthy.
Speaker 2: Right right right.
Speaker 4: But as they wanted to move away from this all they be in the city of Fairfield. Uh, in the last it's been three or five years. They said they would they would have a committee meeting schedule to they cancelor. They have committee meetings schedule, they cancelor. And then one by one they're picking off the unions and saying, hey, let's go over this Butler Health Initiative plan that has this kind of rolling thing where they don't they don't know for sure what it is they're going to pay. So they've picked off the other unions and must the police union kind of standing there alone. And there there has been court actions lawsuits about this this big sum of money, because who owns this money? Who does this money belong to? Now always been siphoned off union's union members and again all the unions and their paychecks, and I think they still have, like the city of Fairfield still has like four million dollars sitting in this cantal health care.
Speaker 1: Even if self insured plans got to have terms and conditions, it can't just be arbitrarily decided on a case by case basis what is covered and what is not. That's the mystery that I'm I'm dealing with here because I do.
Speaker 4: And that's that's the part that's got these people so so miffed. I guess to the fact they did have their hands involved through these committees, but now they're pressuring them out of that and into this Butler Health Initiative plan with again, it doesn't it doesn't always define where they're going to be from year to year. So they're they're they're they're really at a point of no return that if things don't get better in this negotiation or whatever, the people of Fairfield are going to be losing more and more of their experienced officers. And then therefore it's going to change the pool of which of of employees that they can attract it right, and again that's why that's why front Line Advisors, which you can find on the WEFT site at front Line Advisers.
Speaker 2: L dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah advises LLC dot com reach Dan and the crew to help you out with these issues. Well, I appreciate you raising it's everybody's attention and putting Fairfield on the map. Obviously there's a problem there. They can't afford to lose any more officers of twenty five percent of the police force left over the past couple of years. Retaining good talent important for proper police work to be done. And of course you've got a challenging environment out there with all these different police departments fighting over a shrinking number of people who want to engage in law enforcement as a career. Dan Hill's best of luck with you and the situation in Fairfield. Now you can let us know if there's any developments or updates. I'll be quite curious to see how it ends up.
Speaker 4: I appreciate chance to be able to talk about Brian.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Always good having you on the show. Six fifty to fifty five cars to de talk station twenty percent off Odor Exit od O, r XIT NOE. Go to otor exit dot com. It's easy to figure out which of the products you need to eliminate the odor that's plaguing you human odor, pet oders, skunk smell, smoke, mold, mildew. You can spray, I mean you put these products on virtually anything, and a couple of them are completely you know, organic or not on toxic. You can rub it on the dog's head. I use to concentrate when Liam is rolled in something in the backyard. It works like magic. Odor Exit is actually an ODO exit magic product. That's the one I keep in the car, little spray bottle of that for when I bring home fast food yuck. I don't want my car smell like fast food, and that eradicates that odor right away. So get one of the oto exit products. It comes with the one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Use as directed. If you have any questions on how to use it or you know, just call the toll free number. They got wonderful ways of getting these products to work successfully for you. That's why it comes with one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee and right now twenty percent off Odor exit dot com fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Ready to elevate your financial