Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of bad news, need advice, so you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can, show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man, this is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 6: We the welcome my friends to the only show. It's gad. We're here the South problems, answer questions, take your complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life just a little bit better.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: I love Fridays. It's car Dave. We've got some great guests in. We've got Sheridan Auto Tech, Kevin Kulkin, Jeff Vick, we have in from Kimber Transmission. How are you guys doing.
Speaker 2: They're good, They're good. Friday.
Speaker 6: We've got Suzanne answering the phones. We got Deputy dock in studio. We got Deputy Dmitri. We are taking on all of your problems and concerns at three oh three, Martino, it's simple as that. You guys realize this. Over three hundred million dollars cash merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show.
Speaker 8: No estrogen in his room today.
Speaker 6: Markt No no estrogen. Well, Suzanne's on the other side of the class, right, So there's that and then Shannon of course punching the buttons on the other side. That's a lot of estrogen in a lot of ways. Three oh three Martino, Yeah, I see you in there. Any calls you got, We got lines open right now. We've got a bunch of what we refer to as outpound that are coming up. I'll go ahead and admit what happened. I'll admit what happened. I was running a little late today. I left my phone in my car, and in order to log in to our call tracker and everything we use to do this show so I can see who's online, who's online one, two and three and everything, I left in the car. So Suzanne was an angel, like she is an angel on this Valentine's Stay. Hello Angel, Howdy howdy.
Speaker 2: And she's faster than we are too.
Speaker 6: She ran down and grabbed my phone, so now I could log in a bit old. Take a minute. Guys, what's going on in the car business?
Speaker 2: Same same, you know, just fighting parts.
Speaker 6: You came in. You came in to get some coffee in the office, you know, a couple of minutes before the show. He's like, you won't believe what happened. We ordered a transmission. It was for an all wheel drive. He came in for a two wheel drive and we already had the car up. The transmission was actually ordered properly, but and and the part number was correct and the part number, but they boxed it wrong at the manufacturer of the rebuilder.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 6: So now you have a car torn apart up on the lift that you can't use.
Speaker 2: No, we got it. We'll just have to move it. But yeah, it's just annoying, you know, it's just just every time we turn around. This week we were having parts are miss box. Parts are supposed to be part of a kit, and it doesn't include the one part you need. It's a frustrating week.
Speaker 6: So when I had the Good Years, we had one store in Peoria that when I purchased it, they were actually already they had a tech there that would do We wouldn't rebuild a transmission, but we'd order one from Jasper or even a rebuilt engine. And I learned pretty quick. I did the math one day, and most Good Years aren't set up for it. But if you have the right technicians, it really doesn't matter. But here's what I found out, And tell me if you agree. I know Jeff, he's got a completely different business model. I mean, you rebuild transmissions.
Speaker 10: That's you from the ground up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, your drive train, you rebuild transmissions. And I would get a bay. And let's say we sold a used engine, and let's say we sourced it and the engine was great. That vehicle, though, would still tie up one of my eight bays in that particular store for at least a week if I was lucky, maybe ten days. It just always turned out that way. I don't care why something might show up late, but it would take X amount to pull the old engine, put it in, get all the kits in. Let's say it was done in one week, dropped off on Monday, gone on Friday. And let's say on that job, I made three thousand dollars net, that's what I made. I charged six I had three in it minus payroll. Blah blah blah. The problem was I did the math one time. If all we did was break jobs out of there, you know, five six break jobs a day, you know, and then throw in alternators, throwing some of this really quick moving stuff, my god, I could have made a hell of a lot more so. It really did take up my time.
Speaker 2: Now you got to have the right people, because the heavy guy that I have, he could he could turn and burn three to four engines a week, or three to or six or eight transmissions in.
Speaker 6: Well, that changes the math. That the math is completely different, completely different. That would make sense.
Speaker 2: And he but he can't die anything, So I mean to check ins the light issue something like that. That's just not his.
Speaker 6: For another guy.
Speaker 2: It's another guy.
Speaker 6: He's pure heavy line, pure heavy.
Speaker 2: Line, and he's very very good out. He makes a lot of money.
Speaker 6: I bet he's got some muscle too, like for real, he's a big guy. Yeah, Hey, Jeff, how long does it take someone comes in with the transmission problem and you ultimately I assume that day they go over to Kimber Transmission. They usually hear back from you within twenty four hours what's going on?
Speaker 2: Usual?
Speaker 6: And then let's say it needs a full rebuild. So at that point you got to pull it, tear it down, rebuild it, put it back in correct. How long does that typically take?
Speaker 10: You know, typically, you know, prior to all the parts problems we had out there, usually we had them for two or three days.
Speaker 6: Okay, you know, so you do now could be.
Speaker 10: Now I tell everybody plan on five to ten business days. If we can get it done faster.
Speaker 6: We will. What's the benefit? And I want to ask you this, what's the benefit of having a rebuilder? And I've been to your shop numerous times you help me out, not not even a couple of weeks ago. I mean, I bet I've been to your shop in Kevin's both a ton. So what is the benefit of using a rebuilder like you compared to going to someone that's going to order a rebuild transmission from someone like I say Jasper Disc because that's who I remember. But someone like that, somebody.
Speaker 10: Like h well you know, I mean, we're able to, you know, actually attend to your needs, not what everybody needs in a box. So whereas you go to somebody like Jasper, you got a box price, it's going to cost X number of dollars for the transmission, plus X number of dollars for the labor. You know, you're total out the door. You're six grand whatever it is.
Speaker 6: And you might have been able to do it for a lot less.
Speaker 10: Strip it down and you know, if you don't need components abenc or if this can be rebuilt as opposed to be replaced, you know, we may come in, you know, twenty five thirty cheap.
Speaker 6: What's the most expensive part of rebuilding a transmission? In general? I realize they're all the same, but like the torque converter, what's not besides the actual casing, what's the most.
Speaker 10: Expensive that's going to vary from unit to unit?
Speaker 6: What's the biggest failure part? Same thing, the same thing. Yeah, how about like kind of Chevy truck.
Speaker 10: Right now, with Chevy trucks, we see a lot of torqueverter failure. And now the reason for that is they started turning on a torqueverger clutch at too lowest speeds, so it puts too much of a demand on that clutch.
Speaker 6: And that's the computer.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's the computer. You know, say a Chevy half ton truck with a six lady the second gear you can get you know, torqunverter clutch to apply at twenty five miles an hour. It's way too soon, too much stress. Now a lot of guys are programming that out so that it doesn't come on until fourth year, fifth year, or sixth year.
Speaker 6: So you can do that.
Speaker 10: We can do that. However, there have been threats from the EPA, and supposedly they've actually come come after people that we're tampering with fuel emissions. I bet, I bet you don't want to touch that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true. I mean, that's a big fine. But it's kind of weird thinking that a fix to save you thousands upon thousands of dollars someone would frown upon. Most people would call that manufacturers defect. But I guess the reality is if the EPA, so they do that, what purely for emissions, I mean.
Speaker 10: Supposed supposedly for a mission.
Speaker 2: I think it's worse on emissions than if they would have just left it, because you're constantly trying to accelerate out of it.
Speaker 6: The whole emission thing drives me insane, especially that we're California missions thanks to Actually I can't even blame Polis on that it was Hick and Looper, but even just emissions in general. Don't people understand that we could be the best stewards of the Earth period. We could have zero missions here. It means nothing. When China and India and where all the people are, which is basically all those places. India and China together probably have more people than the rest of the world. Easily. Those are the people that have all the emissions. We could be the best in the world. It all gets mixed up in the sky. So it's kind of crazy that we've got to pay for stuff that doesn't affect anything.
Speaker 11: But he for those CVT transmissions less expensive to fix in the regular transmission typically not.
Speaker 10: No, they're comparable. Yeah, in some cases of even more. I mean we've talked about the superdoos. I mean there, but you.
Speaker 6: Don't have to repair those, right, you replace them?
Speaker 10: Well, right now, most of them are replacing because of a lack of available parts. Yeah, no, we will build them. Uh you know if one big exception being the Super dus is most of those parts we cannot get, so you have to replace the unit and that can be nine to ten thousand.
Speaker 6: Dollars and explain in layman's terms. And we got to take a break. Three oh three Martino. I'll go to the phones after this. Three oh three seven, one, three, eight, two five five. We got at least three lines open. It's a great time to call any car questions, bad contract or bad landlord. You get the idea of three oh three Martino CVET in thirty seconds described.
Speaker 10: It's basically like a snowmobile technology a centrifugal clutch, except we're controlling it hydraulically in order to change the size of the policy.
Speaker 6: I love how I said in Layman's terms, and everybody out there is just, oh, it's like a snowmobile, which I've never driven and have no idea how that works. Let's try once again, please, So.
Speaker 10: Basically, you have two opposing pulleys, and we change the inner diameter of the size of those pulleys to create a gear ratio as opposed to actually we're.
Speaker 6: Going to break. We'll be back after this.
Speaker 4: If you're living with dry age related macular degeneration or dry AMD, you may be at risk for developing geographic atrophy or GA. GA can be unpredictable and progress rapidly, leading to irreversible vision loss.
Speaker 12: Now there's something you can do.
Speaker 2: To slow down gated going slower.
Speaker 12: ISERBA is proven to slow GA progression.
Speaker 13: It's gin slower.
Speaker 4: ISERB or A vassencapted pagel is a prescription eye injection used to treat GA. Don't take it if you have an infection or active swelling in or around your eye. ISERBE can cause eye infection. Retinal detachment or increased risk wet a MD. Iserve may temporarily increase eye pressure. Your vision may be impaired after an eye injection or exam. Don't delay ask your doctor about iserve today.
Speaker 14: R It's g.
Speaker 12: Visit iserb dot com.
Speaker 4: That's I Z E R v A Y dot com.
Speaker 6: Mark Schamansky, the owner of Genesis Total Exteriors. He's got a special we're going to talk about. You know what I was thinking about this Mark Valentine's day to day? What what what a better thing to do for your loved one than have some improvements to your house. I'm not kidding. The gift that will keep giving and giving and giving. Flowers die? What are you offering?
Speaker 14: Well, I tell you you're right, Mark. You know flowers die, Candies get eaten?
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 14: And what do you have left to show for it? And what's your a better thing to do than get in Europe?
Speaker 15: There?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you broke up a minute, Keep going, Mark?
Speaker 14: Oh sorry? Yeah? And so what better thing to do then call Genesis right now and schedule apploytments and have some work done in your house. That way, every morning when she wakes up, she sees improvement. In the house, something more beautiful than what it was before. And it's giving back every single day of the year.
Speaker 16: All right, Now, we got a special ada.
Speaker 14: We got special right now. We use two painters per day. Normally it's nine to ninety five for the month of February. You're gonna get it for seven ninety five. Now, this special works the best one inside your house. You're you gonna get a couple of bedrooms pan it. You'll get or a living room painted, or a great room something like can get painted. We got a lot of phone calls for people asking for the outside. This program doesn't work so great in the outside, but it sure works great to freshen up the inside look of your house.
Speaker 6: That's unbelievable. Think about that. Two painters to your house. You get a few rooms done, you get some of those great rooms done. Now does that include like the little touch ups, like you know, if they had something holding a picture frame up, you guys are gonna fix that. I assume it in all of that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so you get two guys for eight hours.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 14: Whatever you want them to yeah, whatever you want them to do. If you want them just to go into your house and fresh in the woodrook around your house. If you want them to paint doors at your house, you want them to paint.
Speaker 17: A room, you know, anything you need done.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 14: You buy the paint, Yeah, you buy the paint. Yep, we supply everything else.
Speaker 6: All right, I love it. That's Genesis Total Exteriors all of February. Give Mark in the gang call right now. Give your wife something, or your husband for that matter. Maybe your husband was gonna paint this weekend. That's your gift to him. Three oh three six seven nine eighty five oh nine, three oh three six seven nine eighty five oh nine Genesis Total Exteriors. The Art of Granite Mitch Floria, How I love the r countertops are absolutely beautiful. If you want the most beautiful countertops at the best price, and you can even get an estimate over the phone, I want you to reach out to the art offgranted dot com. That's the Artifgranite dot com.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 6: Quote three oh three seven one three eight two five five you've been ripped off or taking advantage of We want to hear from you, just to tease a few things, Dmitri, we got any updates or no, sir?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 11: Not at this point, Doc, Hey, I want to know publicly what you did for your beautiful wife for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 8: Let's hear it.
Speaker 6: I do not talk about what goes on between the sheet.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 6: Let's just leave it at that.
Speaker 13: It would be a short conversation.
Speaker 8: Nothing with a cord. That's the main The.
Speaker 6: Best gift ever. Three oh three seven. Leave it to doc Leave it to doc Hey, Let's go to Janet. Janet, what is going on with this Ford Edge?
Speaker 7: Yes, it's a Ford Edge. Two thousand and eight. I want to go get an oil change at Habilin on Northern I'm from the Publo area. And he goes, do you know that your anna freeze is only good for ten below? I go, are you kidding me? I go, I had my car fixed at a different location, Discount Tire and Auto Repair.
Speaker 6: You sure didn't have any anti freeze done it Discount tire.
Speaker 7: It's an auto it is also.
Speaker 6: I guess, okay, I mean some of them are franchise is. I never knew of a discount that did repairs. Did you have your cooling system done at their A radiator or something related to the coolant?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 18: I did.
Speaker 7: I had almost five thousand dollars work on this.
Speaker 6: My god, I hope they threw in a set of tires.
Speaker 7: No, they didn't water pump with the timing.
Speaker 6: Chain, got it.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to buy a payment.
Speaker 6: I want to ask you something silly, just to make sure we don't miss something. We are talking about anti freeze, not windshield wipe or fluid. Right, yes, guys, what is.
Speaker 7: It that we're talking about? Anna freeze?
Speaker 6: So when you I know, back in the day, I would mix it. Well, wait a minute, did I think, do you guys mix it or you buy it? And can you do it either way?
Speaker 2: Either way? I prefer to mix it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I did. So in other words, you would buy a fifty five gallon drum. I used to buy it from Colorado Petroleum and then depending on well it wouldn't even with anti freeze, I think we always mixed it the exact same way, efinically, fifty to fifty.
Speaker 7: They do sell a fifty fifty.
Speaker 6: What would that what would that typically be good to?
Speaker 10: About thirty five below?
Speaker 2: About thirty five below unless you know they didn't get all the water out of the system prior. Oh yeah, that's why. But that's why we like to mix our own concentrate because we make it a little bit stronger because there's always a dilution.
Speaker 6: So if it's at negative ten, then we're going to go to the problem. If that's not all of the problem, Jeannette, But if it is negative ten, couldn't you drain some of it, add some exactly what you have to do, yeah, and then just let it run and then reconcentrate.
Speaker 2: Not a fifty fifty that's.
Speaker 6: What I mean, add concentrate. Yes, So so Jeanette, let's let's move on from there. So they told you it's only good to negative ten, now.
Speaker 7: What well I asked them about that, and the guy from the oil place havel, and I go, can you repeat this to this guy at this auto repair shops?
Speaker 6: I wish I could have.
Speaker 7: Been said, he was full of crap, you know.
Speaker 6: So they start they basically start going at each other.
Speaker 7: Yeah, very unprofessional, but they did that auto repair.
Speaker 19: Just kid he he.
Speaker 7: They charged me for two bottles of Ana freeze at twenty four to ninety nine a piece, totally almost fifty alls.
Speaker 6: Who did that? Who did that?
Speaker 7: And I think I should have got Banna freeze for at least thirty five below.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on here, arrette, Jeanette. So they did all this work for five thousand. Let's say that was part one. When when you found out that it only went to a negative ten or you saying you went back there and they charged you fifty dollars for more anti freeze.
Speaker 7: No, no, this was all prior.
Speaker 2: That was the original repair.
Speaker 7: What they charged it was only good for ten below.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but wait a minute, Jeannette, have you gone back to them and told them it's only good for ten below? Will you fix it?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 6: And what they say they said no? So wait a minute, you just spent How long ago did you spend the five grand with them?
Speaker 7: Okay? Since October? What I had was an alternator done.
Speaker 18: I also had water pump.
Speaker 7: Let's see water pump, engine timing chain. They charged for a valve cover gasket and belts got it, which I do have a leak. They put wiper blades in it, which I didn't ask for. Well, keep going now, so the radiator. Okay, so the radiator in a total of de box.
Speaker 6: And this was October. I want to make sure October of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: Still current?
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, so I mean we're talking, you know, five months ago, tops, Yes, and then you bring it back to them. Hold on, Then you actually drove there and said, my anti freeze is only good to negative ten and it's supposed to be negative thirty five or whatever, and they weren't going to fix it after you spent five grand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was requesting a flush and put some new Yeah.
Speaker 6: But wait, wait, that's a little that's a little different. I don't know if you actually need a flush. I think the reason you might have thought that, hold on, you might have thought that because Havilin tried to sell you a flush. I see where you're going with this. But if they can fix it just by adding the proper stuff, who cares how they fix it. If they can get it to negative thirty five, would you be good?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sure, Well this is a no brainer.
Speaker 9: Doc.
Speaker 6: You want to make a call. You understand everything. Yeah, so this is okay. I was about to say, if someone spent five grand with me and I'm going to charge them to add add some concentrate to get it to the proper amount, just take me out back, hang me, then shoot me in the head. It would be the dumbest business decision ever.
Speaker 2: It already is the dumbest business decision.
Speaker 6: How much she's just correct?
Speaker 2: How much do you spend on advertising to get a customer it's correct, and you won't even welcome her back in to recheck your work.
Speaker 6: Did they explain to you, Jeanette that they would get it corrected but not do a flush.
Speaker 7: No, they didn't even offer that.
Speaker 6: So you went back in and you said, I need a flush because it only goes to negative ten. I understand the reason you said that I needed.
Speaker 7: To correct it. I don't care how they correct it.
Speaker 16: And they just said no long you know, the weather's been bad.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 6: You know what, here's the first thing I want to do.
Speaker 18: Doc.
Speaker 6: We're going to put you on it. But hold on, I'm going to put you on hold. Suzanne, get the phone number to this place. I really think they need to come on because I'm not so sure how it went down. I understand how Jeanette said it went down, but I'd like to talk to this shop because if it went down the way Jeanette is saying it went down, I'll be damned more. After this Gravenas check it out. Over fifty lines of windows from twenty manufacturers. We're getting sliding door from them. In the next couple weeks, we got the whole color palette. They have multiple choices. Do you want to go with a wood frame aluminum, you can go with the old school, you name it. They have it over at Gravenas. Their siding is unbelievable. They're entry doors, the most beautiful things in the world, and I love their price point. Doesn't matter if it's a fix and flip or a ten million dollar house. These guys got you covered. Gravina Windows dot com. Gravina Windows dot com. All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Suzanne's on with the I'm not sure if it's a discount tire repair. It's not. It's not a normal discount tire like us in Denver.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's listed, I mean with the other discounts. But it does add auto repair to their name. Wow, so it's got to be a franchise model something. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I always wondered. In fact, I had a good year in Castle Rock across from discount and they would send me alignments left and right back then, I mean left and right. I could I had two alignment guys. All they did was back to back because a discount. So finally one day I went over and talked to their manager. I said, listen, I love the business. It's great. We find front end work. It's the best thing in the world. But I said, for the life of me, I don't understand why you guys don't have an alignment rack. And he goes, because we do tires, and we do them quicker and better and fast. You're and cheaper than anybody, and we don't do anything else. We do tires. And I was like, well, damn that works for me, and it's sure as hell works for you. They got to be the biggest tire sales company in the country, are pretty damn close to. That's kind of I love that about you too, Vic. I mean, you do transmissions if something else needs to be done, you know. Okay, let's say you're doing a transmission for somebody, or a transmission flush and you see that they're breaks. Do you check breaks? For example, when you have the vehicle.
Speaker 10: You know, only have the customer requests unless you know, I, like you said, we're doing a transmission set in which a lot of times we have to pull the tires off. Uh, you know, then we're going to have those breaks exposed and you know we notice that, then.
Speaker 6: Yeah, then you'll all break o.
Speaker 2: Christ.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: But if a customer calls me up and says I need a break job, that's typically not a job we bring in a standalone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah, I got you and Kevin. It's kind of the same thing, right. I mean you don't get into well, you don't get into electric. I don't mean electrical on gas. I mean you're not going to work on a Tesla.
Speaker 2: No, no, not yet.
Speaker 6: So are you working on that?
Speaker 2: We're taking classes, just trying to see what's there. There's no, it's not enough business yet on that electrical side because it's somewhat so much of its programming well that's what it cares breaks and chassis stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 6: All day in forty five thousand miles on my Model Less forty five thousand, I have done nothing zero. Everything that I needed is done overnight, yep. And it's just a software update. There has been absolutely zero maintenance. I think I've added windshield wipe or fluid. I'm not kidding, that's it. I mean I haven't. And it basically, when I say it self breaks, it charges a battery when it slows down, so like you don't use your breaks. I don't even know what maintenance I would do. I had to buy a set of tires a thirty thousand, sure, But other than that, is he on? Is your button on? No?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 13: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Doc.
Speaker 8: Where you're saying my questions, how come on my electric car? It comes up with service.
Speaker 11: Due in X number of miles that we've only got five thousand miles on the car.
Speaker 6: I have never seen that on my car. Doc.
Speaker 2: Ever, I don't know what service would be. There is no what do you.
Speaker 6: Got a ConA? Or is it the what is it? No, it's the He's got an all electric Conde ConA with a service lash by the way. Maybe the only thing I could think of is rotate tires. Other than that, I have no idea. And that seems even.
Speaker 2: Early they want they want him back in the store.
Speaker 6: So, Suzanne, did you who did you talk to? Who did you call for? Jeanette?
Speaker 20: Don't know what his first name was. I asked for the manager and the gentleman came on. He was very nice.
Speaker 6: Did he know who Jeanette was?
Speaker 20: He knewo Jeanette was, and he knows who we are. He was and he just he was like, look, I'm really busy in my shop. I'm a one man show kind of thing. He said that they get their Annie Freeze mix. Yeah, it's already mixed when they get it.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 20: And he said he is willing to help Jeanette in any way she he can, but she keeps coming in cussing and screaming and cussing at the customers, and he's not going to deal with that.
Speaker 6: Jeanette. You you left that part out, young lady.
Speaker 7: That is a lie, okayed, he didn't have no time for it.
Speaker 20: Sounded very sincere. He did say he was very busy, but you would just come in and act like an adult, Jenette and not cuss around his customers and say terrible things there.
Speaker 12: He said he was more than willing to help you.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Jeanette, I'm not going.
Speaker 7: To take that one. I'm not going to take that blame.
Speaker 6: Well, that's just it. Hey, listen, listen. Here's the bottom line. Though. He's saying, if you go in and don't talk like a sailor, he's going to get you all fixed up. Isn't that good news? Seriously, And it doesn't matter if you did or not. I believe you, Jeanette, it doesn't matter. You know, when we call people, they're going to be somewhat on the defensive. But Suzanne saying, he sounded very legit. Right he's Mark. I thought he.
Speaker 20: I've talked to a lot of people through this show, and he sounded very sincere, like I just need her to come in and stop screaming and cussing.
Speaker 7: Wonderful.
Speaker 6: So, Jeanette, what do you think you're gonna have. He's gonna fixa he.
Speaker 7: Cuts out the guy at haavelin, A professional with a professional, so to speak. And I thought, I told him that is so distant.
Speaker 20: Also, Mark, he did say her car hasn't overheated or anything. It seems to be fine. He's willing to do whatever if she just comes in and and it is nice.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna pull out my psyche head.
Speaker 7: I told him it was bleaking. I told him from the guest. Let me say this go ahead from October thirty first, when I took off with my car, it was banging and cranking and making all this crazy noise. After after they fixed it, did.
Speaker 6: They fig and is that part fixed?
Speaker 7: And I took up back Jeanette, and he forgot to put jet boats.
Speaker 6: Jeannette, is that part fixed?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, good. So everything's good now except for the anti freeze level.
Speaker 7: Right, And they broke my window and they seems to be deflecting and they have no cap on my cleaner. They don't know what they did with it and what it's just these little things added up, you know what.
Speaker 6: That's how a lot of people feel. A lot of things added up. It didn't go smooth. And then it sounds like the straw that broke the camel's back was the other shop saying you needed this flush and you just paid five grand.
Speaker 7: No, he didn't say I needed a flesh. He just said I'm letting you know fair and I wasn't fair enough.
Speaker 18: I waited for fair enough.
Speaker 7: And he's the one that starts.
Speaker 20: He also acknowledged. She says there could have been something wrong with the mix.
Speaker 12: We don't know.
Speaker 20: She just won't let me look out. She comes and cussing and screaming like he seemed really high.
Speaker 7: He is lying, he's playing this off really well.
Speaker 6: I want to know what my YouTube people think, Suzanne. I want you to pull the Please start a poll. Yeah, start a poll. And by the way, people listening YouTube dot com Troubleshooter Network. You can join in there. But Jeannette, here's where I want to go to. You know, I've let you say a lot. Honestly, he is willing to fix it if you go over there. And I'm not even gonna just say anything else. But if you go over there and behave. And I'm not saying you didn't behave before, but you go over there, behave, They're going to test it, They're going to fix it. Is that okay?
Speaker 7: I wouldn't let him touch my car now, because well.
Speaker 22: What do you think?
Speaker 6: What would you like if I could wave my magic wand right now, what would you like?
Speaker 7: I will like my ana freeze? Uh uh?
Speaker 18: Fix?
Speaker 6: I mean but you just said you won't go over there to get it fixed.
Speaker 7: Well I said that because right now I'm not so I'll probably go down there.
Speaker 6: Okay, why don't you do me a favor. Here's what I would love. How far are you away from there?
Speaker 7: I say maybe about fifteen ten mins.
Speaker 6: Here's what I'd like to do, Suzanne. Let's call them back up and say she's gonna head over now. She's not gonna cuss. Can you guys look at it and get this fixed. I mean, would you do that? And then, Jeanette, I want you to head over there, and I want to make sure everything goes good.
Speaker 7: Well, I can't today because I have a doctor.
Speaker 20: Then I'm not going to call out another hour.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, you tell us when you want it to get.
Speaker 7: Set up Monday, I'll go Monday.
Speaker 6: What time do you want to go Monday?
Speaker 7: Nine o'clock.
Speaker 6: How about if you go over there and drop it off. Listen, how about if you drop it off so they have time to fix it and there's not going to be any problems and they get you an uber back to your house or you have a friend or someone bring you. Does that work for you? Okay, all right, let's get that working. Okay, I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 8: Make sure they're open Monday. It's a holiday.
Speaker 6: I would assume they're open. What is Monday President's Day? Yeah, yeah, that's true. I don't know if Monday will work. Let's just do a little research. You want Doc to do it from here, Susanne, that'd be really helpful. Yeah, so Doc, you're gonna call up see if Monday works. Tell them, Hey, so she's not there bothering you. Guys, And I don't mean that bad to Jeanette, and you're not bothering her. There's definitely two heads going against each other.
Speaker 2: She says she has an oily too. Yeah, well so let's get it. I'll check out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's check it out, have her drop it off, see if they'll get her an uber back. And I think they'd be more than happy to pay that ten dollars. Skillett has been waiting on a Delta airline for fifteen hours and we have way more coming up next. Frank durand the real estate man man, did he make us a lot of money in our house in Castle Rock. He listed it lower than all the other the same models in the neighborhood. We ended up getting more than anybody else. The secret sauce is what comes with Frank Duran when you hire him. In fact, Frank sells more homes. Listen to this, more homes in one month, one month. Most realatiors in Colorado sell in a year. And if you're looking for a new house, he can negotiate the best price. Check him out at Frank Duran Holmes dot com. Frank durand Holmes dot com. Mitch Filaria the owner of the art of Granted. He's been in our house so many times. They have actually done our master bathroom. They just finished up on that, our laundry room, our downstairs bathroom, and the kids bathroom upstairs, all brand new, beautiful granite summer courts. You can't believe how it changes the entire house. And he can give you an estimate right now over the phone. It's Valentine's Day, think about it, an estimate over the phone. Your wife wouldn't be any more happier with the brand new bathroom. Check him out at the artigranite dot com, the artifgranted dot com. Yeah, yeah right, three oh three seven one three A two five five, Hey Doc, did you call up over there? Did you call to that shot? Poor Jeanette? Her cooling isn't cooling right or it's only good to ten degrees?
Speaker 8: Let me tell you.
Speaker 11: Pull seems to be the salt of the earth. Paul is who he is, the owner of the shop. Got it so, he said, if she brings it in Wednesday, he'll take care of it.
Speaker 6: So Wednesday he's gonna fix her up.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 11: So I'm gonna I just tart to call it. But it went to voicemail. So I'm gonna get a rain so she gets over there on Wednesday. Just by listening to him in horror, I'm more glind to believe that she was a little more volatile than he was. But if she drops it off, there won't be a conflict and we'll I'll be here on Wednesdays so we'll be able to take care of it.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 6: I can't wait for the update on that. I'm sure this will be handled. I think she got frustrated, and I can tell right now she's a tough cookie. There's no doubt about it. In fact, if you go to YouTube dot com, look up Troubleshooter Network, I can tell you right now, right now. I'm not gonna tell you, guys what the question is. You're gonna have to go see for yourself. But it says a lot in ninety seven percent say yes. That's all I'm gonna say. Would you guys both agree with yes on that question?
Speaker 10: I could agree with yes.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty easy yeah, And.
Speaker 6: If it was a no, i'd be I'd be like wowsers like that, just like that. I can't believe I just used the word wowsers. Hey, real quick, Richard, I have got a expert coming up right after this break that knows everything about solar credits. So I'm gonna have you hold okay, because I have a feeling I'm not going to know the answer, but I know who does. Okay, all right, all right, hold tight, and then in the meantime three O three seven one three eight two five five two lines open. You've been ripped off taking advantage of any car questions. It's car Day. I'm the Troubleshooter show. But skill it? What an interesting name?
Speaker 8: Skill it?
Speaker 6: As in Fried Bacon in the skillet skill it? I mean, is that really? That can't be your your god given name or birth certificate name?
Speaker 21: Is it?
Speaker 18: It's called it?
Speaker 19: Alias?
Speaker 16: Okay, I've got a couple of aliases, but this.
Speaker 18: Is the number one. This is the top alias.
Speaker 6: Wow? Is that a nickname someone gave you at one point? Skill it?
Speaker 18: Well? Plas clear this way.
Speaker 16: I used to ride motorcycles with Mike Pellegrini from Boston, So if you want to talk alias, who is he?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, who is Mike perla GRENI? Is he likes I'm seriously, is he like a gang member? Or what are we talking.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but a high class game.
Speaker 6: Okay, very cool. So what's going on today, Skillet?
Speaker 18: Well I've been up thirty two straight hours, and uh but I still think I got my facts right here.
Speaker 6: Wait. Wait, you've been up thirteen straight hours without the help of thirty two hours without the help of say, I don't know, amphetamines of some sort.
Speaker 16: I'm the only trucker in the world that's never popped a pill.
Speaker 6: Nice brother, Okay, So what's why you've been up so damn long? I thought you guys had to pull over every eight hours.
Speaker 18: Well, we've got to pull over every eleven. Uh but I do.
Speaker 16: But but I've been driving so long. In the old days, they were all on amphetamies, but I wasn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I believe it. I mean I do believe it. You can tell the old school truckers too, because one arm is always colored. I mean that left arm is literally always sunburned to hell. So what's going I know, man, I remember your joke.
Speaker 16: I remember your joke about electronic lot lizards. That was pretty good. Okay. Well, I woke up in Dallas about six o'clock yesterday morning to go to Atlanta to catch a relay flight out to Vegas and I got to Atlanta in time. Where were you flying out of out of DFW to Atlanta?
Speaker 6: Man, it's a hell of a long ways to get to Vegas.
Speaker 16: I know, but but it saved me half price. And I can't hang up my clothes and all the other airlines they don't have a hangar to hang up your sport co.
Speaker 6: So okay, fair enough. So then what's the dapper truck I get.
Speaker 16: I get in there, and we're supposed to blast off about five exactly five o'clock in the afternoon, and we don't blast off to seven. Well off by I'm off by maybe one.
Speaker 6: Hour, So you missed the next flight.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but they kept making all these stupid reasons. Give me one and I can well then, okay. It started out this. It says, hey, we have a mechanical problem we have and we have the mechanic in the plane now looking at it.
Speaker 6: Wow, okay, that plane stage left a stupid problem. Yeah that's yeah.
Speaker 16: Now what twenty minutes later?
Speaker 18: It changed? Okay, our problem is we have too much fuel.
Speaker 16: Oh, we got to take some of it out.
Speaker 18: And I've been through that before and.
Speaker 16: I know that happens Okay.
Speaker 18: So that goes on for about twenty five minutes.
Speaker 6: I smell another pole coming up. Keep going, hey, we got it.
Speaker 18: We got another problem. It's not exactly what is it we got We got too much fuel. We got too much fuel on one shock.
Speaker 6: Oh, they got to level out the fuel. Hold on skill it. I don't know where this is going, but we're going to find out. Three oh three Martina, one line open, Todd Richard, my buddy skille it Hank tight. One line open, three oh three Martino.
Speaker 22: U, Yeah, ripped off, bad news. You need advice?
Speaker 23: Who you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Come a running just as fast.
Speaker 6: As we can.
Speaker 3: True Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martine.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Welcome to the only show of its kind. We're here to solve your problems, answer your questions, take complaints. It's car day on the Troubleshooter Show. Jeff vick Kimer transmission joins me. Kevin Culkin shared in Auto Tech Deputy Doc Deputy Dimitri Suzanne answering the phones, and then of course Shannon on the other side of the glass pressing the buttons, including my buttons. Three three seven one three eight two five five. That is a phone number, one line open, three oh three Martino. I want to tell you really quick. This hour brought to you by Paul All the water man, better water for less money. You know, Paul came out and did our system probably six seven months ago. I'm a little angry at him, and I'll tell you why. He's got a special right now. That's probably about one thousand bucks lesson we paid six months ago. But that's all right. I understand, I understand, Paul. I'll hit you up for that thousand. I'm just kidding, but you're not going to find a better deal. Listen to this. We shopped the competition, Susanna and I did. We shopped everywhere. We had quotes from ten to twelve thousand. We ended up for three thousand dollars with Paul getting an unbelievable system. It's better than the rest. Okay, listen, a better water so softener than the rest. And it was about a third less at least half less than some. But it was just absolutely crazy. And we've had it up and running. Its low maintenance. I think we've had to add a one bag of salt to it in like I don't know, six months. It's an incredible deal. He's a plumber. They're great guys. But really for all your water needs. And now for listening to this, for less than thirty seven hundred dollars, it's thirty six and change. Check this out. You can get a water softener. Also, it'll get rid of the chlorine. And on top of that, it gets rid of forever chemicals for your entire house. And if you don't know what that is, just google for every chemicals. I guarantee you don't want those in your water. Check them out a waterpros dot net. That's waterpros dot net. Now I got to go back to skill it. It's a very interesting story. But the bottom line is this. He was going to fly to Vegas. He leaves Dallas Fort Worth. Oh, by the way, one line open three zho three, Martino, We want to hear from you. So you wanted to fly back or you wanted to fly to Vegas, So you leave Dallas Fort Worth? And where was he flying to Atlanta? And then it got delayed? So where are we at in this story? They had every excuse in the world. First, they said it was mechanical problems, we're talking about Delta Airlines. Then they said it's a fuel problem. They have too much fuel. Then they said, the actual problem is they have too much fuel in one ring and wing. So I understand that. So where did it go from there? It all sucks?
Speaker 18: But now what Well, the one wing deal was, we're going to have to take all the fuel out and put it back in. And that's when they said, we might not be able to get a fuel truck in here tonight to do it, and if we don't, we're going to cancel this flight, but we will get another flight crew in here with another plane to take you guys to your destination. Well I didn't really believe that, because this is one other hand that was flying said yeah, if you can find a flight crew.
Speaker 16: And then that made me think, yeah, this guy's right. So I finally ran about a mile in that airport, and I'm poured to say, with vet with a with a surgically repaired fitz Simmons knee, you know, so I don't really need to be running to airports. And so I went down there and I talked to that that girl and at the customer service, and I said, you got any other flight?
Speaker 6: What they said, I got a speech up a little. They say, well, she said, no, you're.
Speaker 18: One that you're trying to get on is the last one, And so then they made up another one.
Speaker 6: They go, yeah, but none of that matters. So what did you ever get to Vegas? Or are you still sitting there?
Speaker 18: I got there, I got I got in my room a half.
Speaker 6: Hour and then what did Oh good, you're in Vegas. Where are you staying?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 6: Court, we love that place, we yeah, we do. Actually, sadly enough, ever, there's people out there that know what it is. They're probably laughing their ass off, but I'll tell you what. They have got the best blackjack in the entire state in the bat as far as I'm concerned. So but anyhow, so I'm sure they're going to give you something. What's delse they're going to do for you?
Speaker 18: Well, they said, they said, well, we'll give you a room, but you're only going to be in it for four hours because we got another fight leaving at six in the morning. So literally eighty percent of all this, guys and girls just wait.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but they shall still give you something. They should give you a voucher for future use.
Speaker 18: No, no, just for food. Which I didn't ask for.
Speaker 6: And all I did was I walked up to Delta's pretty good Listen, skillet, No kidd in here. Delta is pretty good. You should call him up tell them about it. You know, unlike Frontier, they have people that answer the phone. Tell them about the horrible experience, and I bet you they issue a couple hundred dollars voucher. So next time you're flying for free, man.
Speaker 16: I'll bet you they won't help.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, then prove me wrong and do it. Skill it honestly. I love when I tell people like advice, and I'm telling you they will as long as you're honest with me. I bet you call back and say they did.
Speaker 16: I respect you enough to promise you I will calm thinks.
Speaker 18: But they said you can't call. They said you got to go online.
Speaker 6: Well I don't care.
Speaker 2: Then go on.
Speaker 6: However they want you to contact them, but I bet you they give it to you. Man, I'm not kidding. That's pretty normal with a fifteen hour delay. In fact, you might even get one for more. And Delta is not you know, it's not a horrible airline. Hey, can I ask you something?
Speaker 19: What go ahead?
Speaker 6: I want to ask you something for real, you made that lot lizard comment. I want to as being a trucker, how long have you been a trucker?
Speaker 16: Well, it would be forty four years if I wouldn't have quit for three years.
Speaker 6: I've been out here forty one Okay, okay, listen, every single eye.
Speaker 16: I'm a five million miler.
Speaker 6: Five million miles. That's crazy, So just is it? You know, we all we've all heard the term lot lizard, and we've all been to, you know, a truck stop driving state to state at one point where you know you would think they're lot lizards, but who knows? I mean, really are they everywhere? How does that work? Is there is there like an app for lot lizards? How does it work?
Speaker 16: I'll tell you how it works.
Speaker 6: And this isn't a joke, now I know, And that's why I'm asking.
Speaker 18: They think my response is a joke, but I'll tell you the same thing I tell everybody else.
Speaker 16: There was a lot of them around twenty five years.
Speaker 18: Ago, but no kid Magic Johnson screwed it all up.
Speaker 16: When the age thing came out. They just dried up like just like it does.
Speaker 6: So they're gone. Now, there's no there's really not much. There's really no such thing anymore for the most part.
Speaker 18: Well, no, that's not true.
Speaker 16: That's not true.
Speaker 6: Well you just said it dried up.
Speaker 16: It dried up by eighty five percent.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's what I wanted to know. Hey, Skillet, I appreciate your come. I hope, I hope. I thank you Shedding. I hope you have a really good time in Vegas. And I appreciate you listening to the show and spreading that nugget of knowledge you just did three oh three Martino one line open as soon as Skillet's gone three oh three seven one three eight two five five Todd, what's going on with you?
Speaker 24: Me?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, Hey, I think you should have Skillet on more often. He's a hoot, man, He is a skill.
Speaker 6: It is a hoot.
Speaker 9: But I want to give a shout out to Jeff of Camera Transmission. He worked on my four fifty or my three fifty. Oh wow, And dude, the it ships like it came off the showroom floor. What was wrong with And not only that, the sincros went out and I think it had a second gear.
Speaker 6: Is at a place I assume that's a diesel being the three fifty right, Yeah, a diesel big mam behind.
Speaker 9: Oh well, and it and it's lifted. So he had his guys had a fun time working on it.
Speaker 6: Why is that?
Speaker 10: Jeff explain, It actually wasn't too much different than working on other stuff. But yeah, just being bigger, you know, and he's got large tires on their, so the lifts a little bit lower.
Speaker 6: Is it the lift you brought mine up on it?
Speaker 8: Yep? Yep?
Speaker 10: And you know, so when you're moving around underneath other the lift is constantly getting in your way because the truck's standing taller off the lift.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, what's the biggest thing you can work on there? Like a four fifty or that?
Speaker 10: No way, No, we can accommodate up to about twenty five thousand pounds.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: So how much did you end up spending, Todd? I mean, was it a quick fix or a complete rebuild?
Speaker 9: Well, Jeff said it could cost up to eight grand and I thought, man, I'll be buying him a new Ferrari with that. But he got it done for forty two hundred and what And I appreciate hold on.
Speaker 6: Hold on, I got to dive into that for people listening. So Jeff, someone comes in. Where would you get the eighty two hundred? Are you like? Well, worst scenario, it's eighty two.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: You know, if I had to actually go get a replacement unit, because I'm not going to charge you more than when I could buy a uniform, I got so you we've got a ceiling that we're going to be working with as long as I'm coming in. South of that number. We built him a house, so.
Speaker 6: That's almost half priced. So he was ready to drop eighty two hundred and how much was it, Todd?
Speaker 14: It was forty?
Speaker 9: My god, man, A fantastic job.
Speaker 6: You know how many shops and I'll say this, Kevin, I know you would never do that. You know how many shops give a oh that break job? You know, just guessing could be between fifteen hundred and two thousand. How many you're going to be at fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: No, but nobody a twenty two hund Jeff.
Speaker 6: I got to give it to you, man. Sometimes I got to remember how great you guys are. And I know you do this, but hearing it from some guy that just calls into the show is incredible. Todd, I really appreciate that shout out.
Speaker 9: I drove I drove from Cheyenne to come down there, and he not only did that, but he changed out my summer charge and my batteries for a winter charge.
Speaker 19: And he did it for no cost.
Speaker 6: What does that mean? I don't understand.
Speaker 10: I don't understand you.
Speaker 6: What do you mean swap out you?
Speaker 9: My batteries died when I went to pick them up, and he charged it overnight for me.
Speaker 6: Oh charge the batteries. I get it, Hey, Todd, I really do appreciate feedback last on all of our referral list members. I'm not kidding. Referral lists dot com you can find the greatest people like Sheridan Auto Tech and Jeff Fix sitting next to me. Let's take a break. We're gonna come back. We've got a driving behind a dump truck question. Oh man, I hope a windshield's not broke. Richard. I'm gonna come to you next, Richard, then John and Brett. I promise I'll make this quick. But Suzanne, let's get our expert on and I'll go to Richard after this on that solar tax credit question and a lot more. Hold tight, zero res denver, I tell you what you want your carpets clean better? Than anything you have ever seen. When they came out to do our carpets, we couldn't believe what a great job these guys done. They use this high alkaline that's super soft purified water, and by the way, that's probably the best cleaning agent in the entire world, or at least in nature. They call it ZR water. But man, they use this three step processory moves all the dirt, more dirt than the other guys the competition. It gets rid of dust, dander, and it doesn't leave any of that residue. That carpet is literally clean in three or four days later. Guess what, zero res I love this part. Welcome back to the show. Three three seven, one, three eight, two five five. Join us on YouTube. By the way, I've got an interesting pull up. I've always been curious about this listen. I know people have been listening to this show forever, and I love helping people. I've learned from Martino over almost thirty years, and I love doing the show when he's not here. But I do it different. I do ask about lot lizards. I do ask. That sounds crazy, I know that, but I kind of like that aspect. That does make me different. Than a lot of people. I if you listen enough, I say exactly what's on my mind. That's almost impossible to argue with. And I like that about myself. Honestly. I pride myself in being very straightforward and honest with people. But I do put up polls. I said, you know, what do you think about that when I put something like that, because I've had people say, oh, that's no place for this show. But you know what, things change over the years, man, I mean honestly, Tom does even the show a lot different now than he used to do. I mean really, so it's like, it is what it is. And if you don't I don't like it, well don't like it.
Speaker 8: You're never wrong. So that's another thing.
Speaker 6: Oh and the fact that I'm never wrong is good. I'm kidding. Come on, three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. You know, I do want to tell you Frank Duran, the real estate man, someone actually emailed me because I did a commercial for him a couple breaks ago. Yes, he does sell that many homes. I swear to God, you can go to MLS and pull up the stats. I'm not sure how you do it. And he sells more homes for more money, and listen to this once again one month. I know it's hard to believe. Then most realators in Colorado sell in over a year's period. And like I said, for more money, I wouldn't use anybody else in the Denver metro area period. And he goes further than that. He goes north and he goes to like Franktown where I am at in Castle Rock. He doesn't go to the Springs. But I wouldn't use any other realtor in this state or I'm sorry, in that area than Frank Duran in Colorado Springs. I'd use Stephanie Thomas for people up there. She's been a friend of the family in a realtor for a long long time and her husband great people, simply that, and you can find them all at referral list dot com. Now I digress, We're going to go to Richard because we have our expert up. Hey, Richard, you had a question on solar credit income tax questions. What is your question? I have Brooke White with Red Rocks RS on a referral list listening and then we'll bring her up.
Speaker 25: I mark so.
Speaker 18: Tax time and we're going through our taxes last year we had we had solar installed in twenty three and last year we took the thirty percent credit.
Speaker 2: That we were owed.
Speaker 18: For the total installations. But now it's the following year, and I was under the assumption that you could take another thousand off a year off your income tax. And I was and I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 6: I thought you could, you know what, just in general, Hey Brook, thanks for coming on, by the way, But let me ask you, how do the tax credit part, not the grants, but the tax credits work. If I have let's just take a round number of ten thousand dollars in tax credits in two thousand. Say it doesn't matter what year, twenty twenty four, But I can't use all ten thousand because I don't I'm not paying enough taxes. So say five thousand of it I couldn't use or can I use it all in one year? Explain how it works?
Speaker 26: Yeah, So it's always based on your tax liability. Because tax credits are great, but if you don't know the government any money, they're just kind of fancy. IO used. So that's a great point to bring up how much you owed the government to figure this problem out. So if the folks were able to recoup the entire value in the first year for the tax credit, then there's no more tax credits that they can take. It's all done for residential No, Let's say in your example, they have ten thousand in tax credits, they were only able to use five the first year. They can roll over that other five grand for up to twenty years.
Speaker 6: Can they use it all at once or only a certain amount per month?
Speaker 16: I'm sure all of it as.
Speaker 26: Soon as they have the tax liability to use it. So if you owe that money instead of paying the government, you can either stop paying taxes for that year or you can get a big refund check, whichever you prefer.
Speaker 6: So, So, Richard, how much how much were your tax credits all together? Out of curiosity?
Speaker 18: Just almost eight thousand.
Speaker 6: So out of the eight thousand, how many did you use the first year? They were available.
Speaker 14: All of it, all of it.
Speaker 6: So I guess I have no idea what your question is.
Speaker 26: Yeah, so you don't have there's no like a thousand dollars per year extra that you can do. If the salesperson told you that they were incorrect, if you'd use all eight grand, then that's that's all you get. Yeah, well, the only things rollover is if you don't use the full value or if they're a business of depreciation and that's a rollover term.
Speaker 27: Is it?
Speaker 6: Is it for a business?
Speaker 12: Richard?
Speaker 18: No, but it's residentially.
Speaker 6: So why do you why do you think? I'm very curious. Why do you think you have more tax credits if you used all of them?
Speaker 18: So what I I think what's what's happened is is I misunderstood how it worked. If you'd like you're saying and your and you're expert there that if I didn't use all of them, then I could roll them over and use them in subsequential years afterwards twenty or you can use it all at once. So I think I misunderstood.
Speaker 14: Had I not used it.
Speaker 18: All at once, then this year I could use part a portion of it, and the next year up to how many every years?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could, but that would be in my opinion, I can't think of any reason you would ever do that. You would want to use that credit the second yield the money.
Speaker 18: Yeah, oh, that's exactly what you answered my question.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that, Richard. I'm glad you like the solar system. Let me ask you this and Brookes hang on for a minute. But Richard, in your particular case, how long has the solar system been up and running?
Speaker 18: We went online in twenty twenty four last year, January of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: Oh, I love it because that's like that's a full year in all honesty. If you took your average electric bill throughout that year, how much have you been saving with solar?
Speaker 18: So here's what is. We used to be on budget billing and it was around two hundred and twenty five a month. During last summer, our energy bill went down to twenty dollars a month.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 18: Right now in the winter time where we don't have that much sun, we're about one hundred and ten.
Speaker 6: So that's incredible. Brooke, is that about norm for a home solar system? I mean during the summer at twenty bucks is unbelievable.
Speaker 26: Yeah, it just depends. If I ask who's your utility company?
Speaker 24: You have.
Speaker 18: Xcel Excel, So I would recommend you.
Speaker 26: Switch to do in continuous rollover because that can help avoid some of your winter bills that you're experiencing right now. So level that process if you need does it level it out?
Speaker 6: It does?
Speaker 26: Yeah, So it takes the overproduction of the summer months and it rolls it over to the winter months, so it eliminates that electricville. Otherwise, every January he gets a credit on his account for.
Speaker 16: Wholesale value, so he's losing all of that money.
Speaker 26: Can you switch him from retail the wholesale?
Speaker 6: So that's crazy. So the billing they set them up on and does Excel kind of do that on purpose, So they're paying the wholesale amount.
Speaker 28: XL give them the.
Speaker 26: Option and it's very clear either A or B. Usually the salesperson may not explain it the best way, So I wouldn't fault Excel on that one. I would just fault whoever was explaining.
Speaker 16: The purchard to him.
Speaker 6: Richard, you need to call Brook up. She can help you through that. I mean, they don't charge anything for that, but call her up and have her help you with that, because it sounds like how much do you think that would save them in a year's period, just giving the small amount of info we've already got from him.
Speaker 26: Well, for the winter months, I'm expecting about four months out of the year that he's not going to produce as much as he needs, So probably around four hundred and forty dollars.
Speaker 6: Think about that. Take Richard another four hundred bucks. Man, I'm going to put you on hold. Richard in facta Suzanne make sure they get each other's numbers, or however Brook wants to do it. Hey, hey, Brooke, I wanted to ask you something. Your average solar system. And I know for the we always talk about your commercial stuff, because my god, you can get people ninety five to one hundred and twenty percent of their systems paid for with the grants and the tax credits. I mean, it's basically like a free system. But if we talk residential, real quick, average house, I don't know, Highland's ranch somewhere in Parker, average neighborhood. I don't know how else to put it average. So that house, what does after tax credits and everything, what does an actual you know, solar system run? Not battery backups and generators and all that, Just an average solar system that's going to cut that utility down to what, like we just heard from Richard through you guys, just give me a ballpark. I know there's one hundred different ways to look at and put give me an average.
Speaker 26: Yeah, of course, So the average house in town. You're looking at it being about seventeen grand out of pocket, Oh my god. And then typically people finance that over twenty five years, so they're financing payments a lot less.
Speaker 6: And then how well, no, that's where I want to go. So say it's financed, and what's an average payment on something like that over twenty five years? What fifty bucks a month?
Speaker 24: What is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 26: So with that system that's probably one hundred and fifty dollars on average electric.
Speaker 6: How much are you saving on your electric France? And how much you saving on your electric exactly?
Speaker 26: So it would totally eliminate the electric bill, so the one fifty would go away. And then to pay for the solar, you're probably paying around one hundred bucks a month if you finance.
Speaker 6: If you finance it, so I mean basically your electric bill goes so you cash flow from day one under those circumstances.
Speaker 26: Yeah, yep, exactly. Sef you finance, there's almost no situations where if you finance a project that you're out money.
Speaker 6: All right, I appreciate it, Brooke, And you can always find Brook and her gang, it her gang, like they're gonna come out. Yeah, Like Venezuelan gang. No, I'm like this like the skillet brook White Redrocksars dot com. These are great people. You can find her and her people on our referral list at referral lists dot com. And remember, this is a solar company that just doesn't sell. These guys do their own selling in house, they do their own service in house, they do their own installation in house. They run everything from top to bottom. And she's at the Helm redrocksars dot com. Now listen, John Brett rand one line open in a minute. Richard three O three seven one three eight two five five. I want to see what's going on with this dump truck. We have an impressa WRX and a transmission maintenance question all coming up. Joseph ALA's era. Listen. I hope you never need him. He's a criminal defense attorney and this guy can do anything. He can help you out with the dui. In fact, stuff like that. He's actually got flat rate pricing and you're crazy to go to a dui alone. You give Joe a call. He's going to get you a better deal no matter what. If you're guilty, and if you're not guilty, he's going to get up there and get in front of a jury and do what he needs to do to get you off assault charges, domestic violence. This guy handles it all and he's been doing it for a long, long, long time. Put the phone number in your phone, please, three oh three four nine sixty two hundred. It's important. It's there. Three oh three forty nine sixty two hundred. All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. Christie's got a question. But before that, I'm going to go to John. You've been holding the longest one line open three oh three Martino, Hey, John, what's going on with this super.
Speaker 15: Ru Well, I'd put a two point zero leader engine in there, and I watched a couple of YouTube videos to talk about changing the exhaust timing by one notch and its claims to make it run with better torque, and it's you know, I just feel like I must be.
Speaker 6: I am like so out of this industry at this point point, Guys, I got to ask you, what does that mean exhaust timing? Help me to out there?
Speaker 2: Well on the camp shaft where the timing bet goes over the camp shaft instead of lining it up directly on the marks, you got dead you move it one mark advance.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't that screw? Isn't that possible you screw up the valves or not?
Speaker 2: No, it's not enough to the clearance will be all right, but you could have check engine lights and other things. Because it's trying to adjust the timing.
Speaker 6: So that's just one of the ways you take these rice burners, if you will, and step it up down.
Speaker 2: The valves will open just to tick late. So it's just that extra little boost that will get it does work, I don't know that it's worth.
Speaker 6: It, John, what's your question on doing that?
Speaker 15: I wondered if it actually works. You know, I don't know that much about It's a dual overhead ham and I'm just wondering if it actually works. Is the only place I've seen it is on YouTube.
Speaker 2: In theory it does, but I don't think you gained that much. I really don't really know, just a little bits. I mean, it's not that noticeable. You couldn't get in a car say oh, I can tell this one has the timing advance.
Speaker 6: John, do you race that thing?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No, No, it's just well why would you do it? I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Underpowered?
Speaker 6: Yeah, two has a little bit more power. Yeah, what did these kids do? I say, kids twenty somethings, thirties whatever? What do they do to those wrx's. I mean, what, what's like the maximum you can do to get that thing ready to really race?
Speaker 2: Well, if the right one has got turbos and stuff on it already, so you don't have to do a lot, it's ready to go. It's ready to go. They put cold air on there. All the silly bolt custom tuning, tuning, different.
Speaker 6: Differrogramming, different chips.
Speaker 15: What excuse me, what does tuning mean? I don't know what that means. This is an nine plug into it?
Speaker 6: So you program it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you program the PCM and the ECM to do different shifts, different you know, stalls, all kinds of different things for performance.
Speaker 6: Isn't there can you go on like uh, I mean really to do something on an O nine. Wouldn't you just kind of google it? And someone probably makes something that plugs into the ODB two that.
Speaker 2: Don't do that?
Speaker 6: No, don't you?
Speaker 10: You know you should never plug anything in your just like your insurance ones that I mean. There are actually tsb's almost every manufacturer has tsb's about codes coming in because you're plugging stuff in. There is data is not supposed to see.
Speaker 6: So then what do you mean by tuning? You bring it to a shop that literally.
Speaker 2: You do it on a dino to do it?
Speaker 6: Who you guys know that does that? Anybody in town?
Speaker 2: I've known of people that I don't nobody that I've worked with.
Speaker 6: Okay, So John, basically, it's it's computer programming. There's nothing more to it than that, which I think would be better than moving your timing. That just makes me nervous.
Speaker 2: And the two leader, I mean, you're kind of stuck with what you got. There's just it's not a performance dog. It's not a dog, but it's it's it is what it is, and you can't make it more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know you got to anything else? John?
Speaker 15: Uh, there was I had it checked on the camposition. Well that's no, I guess that would be. I think I'm just to leave with what it is.
Speaker 6: So that's probably the best, All right, John, I appreciate the call. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open Rand real quick, what is your question? Then we're gonna go to bring and come back to you. And then Christy you hold tight brand.
Speaker 21: Yeah, of course, my friend and mine took their car into a fast food place to get a transmission fluid service done. Yep, they were quoted two hundred dollars. She took it in and they said it was a CVET, so it would be another one hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on, hold on, let me have Jeff think about that. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We're gonna have a line open. I want to hear from you. You've been ripped off taking advantage of everybody. Hold tight. Seven hundred and ninety five bucks. You get two guys out to your house, they will paint anything you want. They're going to do all their prep to painting two guys eight hours. You have to call today. Seven hundred and ninety five bucks with Genesis Total Exteriors Mark was on this morning. That's a special they're doing for Valentine's Day. Usually that's over twelve hundred dollars. Two painters all day, all day to paint your house inside. I wouldn't do do it on the outside with this special, but on the inside you've been putting it off. Check them out three O three six seven nine eighty five oh nine or Genesistotalexteriors dot com, Denverregion dot com. Because of them, I have lost twenty five pounds actually a little more now in about six weeks. It's absolutely incredible. And that was just a little music food for your thought. But check it out if you if you want to gain I was gonna say gain weight. If you want to lose weight, lose it fast, and I'll tell you the secret. It to Denver Region. It makes you feel fuller. And we're talking about g lp ones, the new diet drugs. But I'll tell you the main reason it works. You quit thinking about food. The food noise is gone. For under three hundred bucks a month with Denver Regen, you're not going to go better. Denverregion dot com, Denver Regen dot com. All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you have any questions we want to hear from you, I'll let you know when a line's open. So Rand, you were asking about your transmission maintenance. You have a what is it a CVT C TV c TV. I got you backwards. So he went he went to one of these quick places. I don't know if it was Jiffy lube. What was it, Rand, who was it? Where was it? So Jiffy lube and he's saying the advertised two hundred bucks you get there, and for a fluid was it a fluid flush or a service? What did they call it?
Speaker 21: Change the fluid out?
Speaker 6: So to change the fluid out. So two questions, Jeff one, I don't know if you know what Jiffy loop does or not, but what would why would it be one hundred dollars more when you got there? Because it's a CV.
Speaker 10: Two that's easy. That's the fluid. The fluid is significantly more expensive.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, it's almost like a diesel oil change. The oil costs more.
Speaker 10: The oil costs more in a diesel. Yeah, and you also use much more of it. Now you're not using more of it of the CVT fluid as you would conventional transmission. But you know you're talking some of these are thirty six dollars a court.
Speaker 6: Now, let me go, let me let me bring this around. Then, promise, Rand, I'll let you ask whatever questions you have when you do a transmission service on something like twenty ten Nissan Versa. That's what this guy asked. Do you just drain the fluid and redo it. Do you actually drop the pan and the filter? Do you do a flush?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 10: Do we drop the pan and change the filter. So we definitely want to sure what debrieze going on in there. The uh excuse me, micron rating of the filter changes over time, and we want to you know.
Speaker 6: Protect that particular Yeah. Now, a place like Jeffy Lube, though there's no way they're dropping a pan.
Speaker 2: Likelihood is not.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 10: I'm actually surprised. Usually a vehicle that age, and I'm assuming you have significant mileage on it, usually they won't touch it.
Speaker 6: Hey, Rand, I mean how many miles do you have on it?
Speaker 21: Well, miss, it doesn't have a CVT, it's a force to be automatic.
Speaker 10: You were right there on the CUSP. Yeah, so I don't know why they wouldn't honor their original price.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's crazy. So they're just simply wrong.
Speaker 21: Yeah, well, either that or trying to scan me. But I guess my other question would be, is there a place up in North Glinn that you would recommend I could take it to?
Speaker 6: How much do you just, Jeff had a curiosity, how much would a typical service be on that vehicle? Twelve be three hundred and twelve dollars and ninety eight cents.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 6: So I don't know if you're going to find a place that's going to do it any less. Rand I mean, I realize they're advertising it, and I realize it. To me, it sounds like false advertising, and especially if they're telling you it's a CVT. But that price does not seem in line for that vehicle. So I don't know who's going to do it in your neck of the woods for a couple hundred bucks. I mean, any ideas, Guys, Well, it doesn't have.
Speaker 21: To necessarily be a couple hundred bucks, but you know somebody that I could trust that would know the difference to him automatically.
Speaker 6: That's a damn that's a damn good point. Hey, Suzanne, where's Tom ad up there?
Speaker 24: Uh?
Speaker 12: Hands On Auto Tech is in Longmont.
Speaker 6: How far is Longmont from you?
Speaker 21: Twenty two miles?
Speaker 6: That might not be a bad I'm telling you. Hands On has been on a referral list forever. He is a solid guy, man, I mean super solid, and he's got great technicians and his pricing is great too. Man. I don't think I've ever got one complaint on the guy, and we've known Tom forever man, great guy, hands on.
Speaker 21: Okay, well, I will give him a call that.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Look, we got a break coming up. We've got a lot cooking today. We are gonna have two lines open. You've been ripped off taking advantage of And I want to give this number out for a few reasons. One it works on and off the air. Three zero three Martino. When you call during the show, you can come on the air and we can help you here. If you call after the show or before the show, we can actually either take the call, which we do sometimes, we'll talk to you off air, and then if you need to come back on the air, we'll schedule you or leave a message. And if you leave a message, Suzanne myself, Tom, someone's going to reach back out to you and we'll get you lined up to help solve your problems. Three zero three Martino. Three oho three Martino. And don't forget help at troubleshooter dot com. That email works all the time. So we're going to talk about a lot of stuff coming up. Remember car day is today, guys, let me ask you one thing because we got a few seconds. We just talked about CVT. The bottom line is, Jeff, you don't like them. Would you say that's right?
Speaker 10: I don't know that. I would say I don't like them. I don't think they're making them durable enough yet. I mean, the technology is there to do it, and it's just not happening.
Speaker 6: It's just they fail quicker than other transmissions.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and they're generally catastrophic when they do.
Speaker 6: How about clutches these days? If you do buy a new car, I don't even know which one you can buy, Jeep, a standard of Jeap. I mean, are they one hundred thousand miles now in a clutch? I know it depends on driving, but is it better now than it was twenty years ago? Same thing? All right, folks, everybody hold tight. Three zero three Martino, two lines open. We're going to go to Christy next. I promise Christy breaking an apartment lease. If we got to get our attorney on to help as well, we'll do it. You're listening to the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 29: Yeah, ripped off the bad news.
Speaker 1: If you need advice so you don't have the loot.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as you can so Shoot is gonna help with coming Mantis.
Speaker 5: Is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Welcome to the only show if it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, attempt to entertain you. Hopefully enjoy the show. Hopefully you learn a lot from the show. Hopefully we make you laugh. Hopefully we make you cry. Now I'm getting a little too that's getting a little too deep.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Here's what we do, and we do it better than any other show out there. We solve your problems, answer your question, stay complaints. You've been ripped off by a contractor, you got a bad landlord, you got a problem. We can help you recoup money. But on top of that, if there's no help getting the money back because they're broken, they're just a deadbeat. Here's what we can do. We can at least give you a pedestal to stand on and tell your story and warn other people about the bad guys out there. In fact, if you go to sleeese Brigade dot com you can see the worst of the worst. I got an email the other day, Suzanne. I hope I didn't delete it. I got an email from Slees Brigade. I'm sorry, I just oh yeah, that was a good story. I'm gonna limit. I want people to understand I sent that to you, Mark, I know, hold on, I just found it. Listen to this. This is incredible. I want to show you how powerful Sleezbrigade dot com is and Sleas Brigade are the worst of the worst people. So we have referral lists dot com which are the best of the best. In fact, in studio with me a couple of them. We have Kevin Culkins shared in Auto Tech. He's been on a referral list for what, Kevin fifteen, I mean long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just getting yeah.
Speaker 6: And then Jeff vic you've been on for since you've owned Kimera Transmission. Yeah, since two thousand and eight, so I mean, oh my god, you had seventeen years or whatever. It is three oh three seven to one, three h two five fives at number by the way, two lines open. But referral list dot com is a good guys. Sleees Brigade are the people that are bad, like Don Eiley that stole you know, over ten million dollars from small businesses in Colorado. He's doing time in the Federal pen although I had people will email me more than one saying he's dead. So I don't know if he died from natural causes or if like I don't know, I don't know if he committed suicide. I know nothing about it, and I don't even know if he's dead. But I got more than one email. But here's how powerful, and this is a great this is just great. Sleasburgade is. I'm emailing about David Anders. Just came in February thirteenth. Came in yesterday at twelve o eight pm. I'm emailing about David Anders. I wanted to thank you for posting on your Sleaves Brigade site about him. I'm a flooring contractor in Wilmington, North Carolina, where David Anders is now living. He approached me in a colleague looking for work and currently we're swamped with work, so we put him to work on a job where he has helped me personally. The entire day. My colleague and I could not shake this bad feeling about him, so at the end of the day we decided to look him up on the internet. He told us he moved here recently from Colorado, so we searched David Anders, Colorado contractor, and we found your article with the photo of them. To confirm his identity, we told him we could no longer use them. The next day, grab your stuff, and you need to go. We didn't give a reason because we were afraid he might freak out on us. He seems quite unhinged. I'd like to thank you for Sleasbrigade dot com. This guy could have taken advantage of us or our customers. Unbelievable, and we get emails like that all the time from all around the country. This is nothing in particular, but I really wanted to explain a little bit about Sleas Brigade and why we out people that are bad. It's not just I hate the fact they screwge you, meaning the person calling for help. But if we can stop them, if we can all get together and stop the bad guys, it just makes for a better place, a better way world, and that's hard to argue. Three h three Martino. Now, Christy, what is going on with this apartment lease?
Speaker 23: Either my son up buying a shirt out he closes on March third. His lease expires the end of July. Can you hear me?
Speaker 18: Okay?
Speaker 6: I can hear you. It's a little rough, but I can hear you.
Speaker 18: Okay.
Speaker 23: So lease expires in the July. The terms and his lease say that he has to pay if he breaks his lease. He has to pay two months rent, plus he's liable for the rent until the lease expires unless the apartment complex rents it. So my question is should he just sit on it and pay the rent and not technically break his lease even though he's going to move out in the March, or should he try to negotiate with the you know, apartment complex to say, okay, i'll give you three months.
Speaker 6: Rent, but now let me out what a couple things here? What is he going to move out? Or I should say it, hold on, hold on, I'm going to rephrase that, Christy. What day is he going to move into the house.
Speaker 23: Well, he closes March third, so he can move whenever he wants. But he figured he would give himself the month of March to get the house ready and that he would put in his notice on the apartment March first to move out the end of March.
Speaker 6: I think that's that that is the That's exactly how I do it. I wouldn't even he's going to go through the end of the lease as a bottom line, Well, no July. Oh my god, I thought it ended in March. I got that wrong, so I would put in so they want two months, but they want that apartment empty for those two months. Boy, and he's still got to live there through basically the end of the mark.
Speaker 2: To go talk to him, though, I mean, just work it out. Well, I legally they don't have to do anything.
Speaker 6: No, they don't have to do anything, but most of them pretty much stick to that lease. The only thing that I find weird is if they rented it out within a month, why they would charge them for that second month. But that's kind of what's in there. You know what I would like to ask Brad O'Brien that because we talk about that a lot. And here's where I'm going with this, Christy. We're going to get one of our real estate attorneys on. But you know, if you, let's say you're only there, you sign a one year lease and all of a sudden, you know, someone falls ill across the country and you got to go take care of your parents or something, and you sign a one year lease and it doesn't matter. You got to go, you're breaking the lease. You signed it. Everybody agrees on those. But you take off and they rent it out within thirty days or so, they're only out X amount of money. I don't think they could charge you for the rest of the lease. In fact, I know they can't. But what I don't know is what is acceptable here in Colorado. So Suzanne, let's try to get O'Brien on. I would like to know what he's says about that. And then Brett, what is going on? Is this the guy that was holding for a while, Now he's back dropping.
Speaker 20: Now he's back all.
Speaker 6: Right, Brett Ron, I'll go to you next. Brett is actually been holding for over an hour. Three oh three seven one three, two five five one line open, Brett, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 28: Hey, thanks for taking my call. I just had I just had a comment. So I'm driving back and forth across Denver on twenty five. Now I'm heading south, but I was heading north below before, and you know, I'm following this roll off dumpster truck and there's there's crap flying everywhere, and you know, seeing me and the other twenty cars are, you know, acting like we're on Talladega. You know, we're trying to swerve and missed up. There's no marketings or anything. I don't want to call in the license plate to the to the police. I mean, that's kind of silly. But I'm just wondering, you know, and then your mind's on it, and I'm I'm looking at the words of trash up and down I twenty five.
Speaker 6: I'd call, I would, I would. I would attempt to call non emergency, but honestly, I might even call nine one one if there's stuff flying out of there. That could be an emergency, and I think a cop should show up and do something about it. They're supposed to tighten their load. When you're driving a big rig or any kind of vehicle that's over X amount of pounds. One of the first things these people are taught to do is secure everything. You can't be driving around with stuff falling off your rig. You just simply can't do it. That driver, in my opinion, should go to hell. So I would have no problem calling nine to one one that no, it could literally cause deaths of other people.
Speaker 28: Yeah, I mean, I had visions of throwing paintballs out my window and trying to hit them, But I don't suspect that's legal either, but no.
Speaker 6: I honestly would call the cops. I mean non emergency or emergencycy. I don't know what's flying out of the back of that thing. But let me tell you, that's how accidents start. You have a motorcycle cruising two miles behind them, and all of a sudden, the motor cycle can't see this whatever that falls out of the back of his truck. I don't care what it is, or or something like a blanket that flies out the back. There's so many different things that could happen. It's crazy.
Speaker 28: Yeah, So you know's what's frustrating is he had the you know, the the the roll down tarp they put on top. It kind of half works, kind of half doesn't work.
Speaker 18: But he had that.
Speaker 28: It just wasn't covered in this thing, my gas. It was a third bole and so he just brett.
Speaker 6: I can't, I can't. I can't make this more clear. The only person, all right, the only person right now at fault is not the company. It's not the manufacturer of the truck. There's one person responsible for that load, and that's the guy driving the truck. And he should know better. Here you and to think that this guy if it's as bad as you're saying, and I don't care what's coming out, I don't care if it's paper, little rocks, big rocks, whatever. If if he can't see that looking out his rear, you that he's supposed to be checking all the time. My point is he is seeing it, he's doing nothing about it.
Speaker 25: Right exactly.
Speaker 28: Yeah, I just I didn't know if there was a Colorado helpline or anything or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's called called the cops, That's what it's called. Yeah, I'm telling you, if it's that bad, and this is for anybody out there, you're in front of something, forget about you. Like you said, everybody's driving like a racetrack to get well, how about the old eighty year old lady that's not paying that much attention to it and boom, she's dead. Yeah, I'm yelling at him. I'm yelling at him for not calling the police.
Speaker 8: Mark.
Speaker 27: I think one of the resources for him is to call Star CSB that's the State Patrol, not emergency number.
Speaker 6: Nice Star CSPR CSP.
Speaker 13: The answer immediately.
Speaker 27: And I've called them about untarped loads and they took that very seriously, like that didn't just.
Speaker 13: Blow me off.
Speaker 27: They want to know direction of travel, mile mark, or description or truck, description of driver. Yeah, they take that Star serious, Star.
Speaker 6: CSP, Stars Brent do it. I mean, that's great. They answered it right away.
Speaker 27: For Colorado State Patrol. And I've had times I called to report a terrible accident. Once nine one one wasn't answering, so I tried start.
Speaker 6: Calling Denver, Aurora and telling them there's gang members and they tell you there's not. Yeah, but they were that's not a gang member outside your door man.
Speaker 27: But Star CSP answered immediately and they took down the information.
Speaker 6: I love it, Star CSP. I didn't know you probably didn't know this. But our daughter, I mean, I brag about her so much. She drives me, drives her insane.
Speaker 13: I should for good reason, Mark you you have all the reasons to be proud of her.
Speaker 6: But she went to God, how old was she, Susanne fourteen when she went to State Patrol Youth Academy. She went to Colorado Correction. She was more like sixteen sixteen best to go, oh yeah, because she had to have a license. She just turned sixteen, learned how to drive a police car, learned to shoot guns, learned to do everything. But it was like the military is for a week or so. So the very first night, very much like boot camp. They came in they told everybody, Okay, we want to see your beds like this, and they showed them how to do it. So I think it was the second night they were there. Every bed that wasn't perfect, bounce a quarter off of it. They picked up the beds, all the stuff on the beds, the pillows, the sheets, the covers, threw them outside and everybody had to go piece all their beds together. And I was like, I love these people.
Speaker 13: It's pretty impressive. Sounds like that movie Full Metal Jacket.
Speaker 6: I love it. Yeah, so she decided, I mean, she's gonna be she takes a bar here soon, but she's going to be an attorney. And here's where I'll bragg the youngest attorney to ever the pass of the bar. Now yet she hasn't passed it yet, but I don't see that being any issue in Wyoming. She'll be practicing law here, but she'll be the youngest. So shout out to Adeline. So there, I'll say it and I'll do it again. Rrett. I appreciate that call Christy. We were talking about breaking an apartment lease and I wanted to get Brad O'Brien on Suzanne Andy Luck there.
Speaker 20: I've got a message into him waiting to hear backmark.
Speaker 6: All right, Christy, hold tight. I know you've been holding a while, but I want Brad O'Brien's opinion on this, and if there's anything you can do. I'm almost wondering if a cash offer or something, but just hold tight. Hey, Ron, what's going on with this HVAC company?
Speaker 30: Well, the person uh, they had installed like a new furnace and an AC unit in my I lived in a town home, and then later I had them put them in my signing at others.
Speaker 6: And hold on a second. You just even confused me in your first sentence. So you had who install?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 6: Just tell me that again?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 30: Okay? I had I called Indoor Air.
Speaker 6: Quality Hindoor Air Quality OKQ.
Speaker 30: To repair furnace. Okay, they had previously installed the new furnace how long ago? Two in two thousand and third?
Speaker 6: You mean when they repaired it, No, when they installed.
Speaker 30: It, caught it in twenty thirteen, and then you called.
Speaker 6: Him and then you called him recently to come out and repair it. What was going on with it just wasn't working.
Speaker 30: I even knew what was wrong. Like they put in a new bloorer motor.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, and they did that win they did that on January third, So they just did it or a month ago whatever, so or two months we're so now where are we at?
Speaker 30: Okay? And so when the repairman came out, he when he got done with the job, he made a phone call I assumed to the office or whatever. There's only like two principles. And then I think the guy that came out was named Eery. He is a relative of one of them.
Speaker 6: So this is when they came out look at it, right.
Speaker 30: He says that this is when.
Speaker 6: They came out to look at it and figure out it was a blower.
Speaker 30: A blower motor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 30: So then he said he replaced it. And then he just called up and said, okay, the charge is they can hurn't thirty dollars. Okay, Now, I kind of trust him. I had no idea what the motor would be. Anyways, they said, well, they will email you a receipt.
Speaker 6: All right, Hold on a second, I'm dying to know where this goes, but Shannon's ready to hit me upside the head with something if I don't take this break. Three oh three seven eight two five five, Everybody hold tight. John Fuller Fuller Law. He is our personal injury expert on the show. He's also our attorney, meaning Suzanna and I. We have used him twice. Both times he got us policy limits from the people that ran into us, one time Suzanna and I and one to our daughter policy limits. Then the other thing. John does it. Most attorneys don't do or they don't do well. What they do is they actually hold on a second. I'll take a break here. Okay, here's what the other attorneys do. They don't negotiate down the hospital bills. They don't negotiate down the doctor's bills the chiropractor. John does that to put more money into your pocket. That's what I love about this guy. John Fullerfuller Law dot Com. Put the number in there three h three five nine seven forty five hundred three zero three five nine seven forty five hundred. Another great attorney out there, Joseph Lazera. He's a criminal defense attorney. DUI, shoplifting, assault, domestic violence. I don't care. If you shot someone, you need an attorney. And I don't say that jokingly. I don't care what mistake you made. You need someone that knows the joke. Judges, they know the das, they know all the people involved to get you the best deal possible. All those people respect Joe because he's been around so long. He basically works the entire front range. Put this phone number into your phone because if you need them, you need them. Three oh three four two nine sixty two hundred. Label it Joela's Era three oh three fourteen nine sixty two hundred, or you can check him out at Lazaralegal dot com. Gravina I say this a lot. Listen, there's a lot of companies out there, and a lot of good companies that sell windows and sidings. One of the ones you have to put on the list of check thoh is Gravina. I know Nick personally. He's a great guy. This guy knows more about windows than anybody I ever met. Gravinas has listened to this twenty different lines of windows with over fifty different types. These guys are absolutely incredible entry doors, sliding, glass doors, siding. These guys have it all. Gravina windowss dot com, Gravina Windows dot com. Why didn't you guys just tell me we came back from the break. So now, now, okay, listen, First of all, we came back. He probably has some dead air for a minute, and I just want to say, whose fault this was? No matter how we look at it, No matter how we look at it, Oh, no matter, there's no doubt. There's one person's fault that's in charge of this ship, and that Shannon. So no one wid do me. No one did anything. I was on the private line over here helping an old lady solve some problems, and here you guys don't have the courtesy to tell me to tell me you're back on the air. I'll just leave it at that. That's all right. I'm not going to throw a fit. I love you guys, but let's just watch it. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I'm going to go back to Ron. Hey, Ron, Basically, what happened is you bought a new furnace in twenty thirteen from a company called Indoor Air Quality. They came out because it wasn't working recently in the last month or so January third, if I recall and they said, hey, it's the blower motor and it's going to be how much money did they quote you?
Speaker 30: He he gave me the quote after he put it in. It was all repaired. It was thirty dollars.
Speaker 6: Oh wait a minute, So you called him out to look at it and then they repaired it. Why weren't you there?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 30: I was there.
Speaker 6: Oh so he just fixed it without telling you anything.
Speaker 30: When he thicked, you know, he repaired, put a new buller, moo, we're in. And then he said the charge is eight hundred and thirty dollars. Okay, And then they said that okay. Well, he didn't no paperwork or anything that he said. And this was on a Friday, and he said, well, they will email you. We're a price breakdown like parts, a labor trip charge. We never received it.
Speaker 6: Almost no one does that anymore, though, But okay.
Speaker 30: So I've never had anything repaired. They don't break down parts and labor.
Speaker 6: Well, you can call any home service company that I have ever heard of it this point, almost everyone nine out of ten. There is no breakdown anymore. It's not just them, that's all there. Listen, man, I'm not saying I agree with it. That has nothing to do with it. I'm saying they all have lump pricing. Now everything's in one price. I could call five different people on our referral list right now, and every one of them does it the same way. I think there's a couple of old school like single, single people, meaning that it's not a big company whatsoever. One or two trucks that might break down parts in lay, but no one does it anymore. I have no idea if they don't do it, why they told you they would. Maybe the technician just simply didn't know that that's how the company builds. I don't know the answer to that, but I guess what I do want to ask you, Ron, is what's the difference? Eight hundred bucks for a blower motor is not a bad deal these days.
Speaker 30: Well, I called up Bream Manufacturing, Yeah, got the motor number, yeah, and then called around and found out the price of Bowler motors. Yeah, and they went from two hundred and seventy five dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: But you also was there for less than an.
Speaker 30: Hour, Ron, I understand that the dollar seems a little excessive for a two hundred and obviously the Borler motor didn't cost him to that much.
Speaker 6: Ron, let me ask you something. I'm being honest, man, I'm not trying to bust your balls. Dead serious. If you called an electrician to come out and replace a GFI switch in your bathroom because your wife's blow dryer no longer works, would you then go look at home depot and see a GFI is twenty five bucks and start basing your retire opinion on a three or four hundred dollars call from an electrician based upon the price of a GFI circuit at home depot.
Speaker 30: Well, that I thought the eight thirty was successive.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna ask everybody here. I don't know. I haven't had a blower motor installed forever, but I don't find that. Who could we ask if that's success an hour to do it? You keep going back to that they also have a truck, They also have insurance, They also have payroll, They also have everything that makes up a business. I understand it was one hour. The guy was probably good at what he was doing, and I understand you found the motor for two or three hundred dollars. So okay, let's say, what do you think that's worth? Four hundred because the motor you could buy for say three hundred and then an hour labor. How much are you willing to give the guy for an hour of labor? I'm just curious.
Speaker 30: Okay, Well, I'll say you're a hundred bucks an hours.
Speaker 6: Pretty okay, So there's four no, no, no, there's four hundred bucks.
Speaker 8: That's fine.
Speaker 30: Run one. Let me run one more thing.
Speaker 14: Pack.
Speaker 6: Well, hold on, ron, I really want to stick to this for a second because there's a lot of people that think the way you're doing. In fact, fifteen years ago, I thought the way you were. I want to tell you something. So when I had my good years and I use this example all the time, You're ready for this. This is going to blow your mind. On a tire, it's just one tire. Let's take one hundred dollars tire. I make twenty percent, So that means I'm charging one hundred and twenty for that tire. Most people would say twenty percent. That's really good. You know, that's a fair profit. I mean, really, that's a fair profit. Okay, now labor, I would charge fifteen bucks to balance it. Okay, I would put it on your rim for quote free. But you know, I'm getting fifteen to balance it. That costs me next to nothing. That's just labor, and that labor is probably ten minutes of a gs at labor back in the day was probably a buck fifty in labor I'm paying per now a valve stem? How much tink a valvestem costs me? Valstem lost me ten cents, I'd sell him for four ninety nine. I'd make eight million percent on a valve stem. Then i'd sell you road hazard. The chances of you getting a flat in actually needing me to repair the tire and you being around me when you have a flat was maybe eight percent. I would charge you twenty five bucks for that. So by the time that tire was done, even though I only made twenty percent on the tire, I was selling it for one hundred and sixty one hundred and seventy bucks. Then i'd throw shop supplies on which no one loves. But that's just how the industry works. I mean, I hate to say it, but by the time it was done, each tire would make me seventy percent. Do you think that's fair?
Speaker 30: Well, I mean, I agree, that's how it works now.
Speaker 6: Okay, And I appreciate you saying I have one question.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, I'll tell you before or after what the charge would be.
Speaker 6: He told him before. He just wanted an invoice.
Speaker 20: Hey, Mark nine three has a comment about it.
Speaker 6: I'll check that. But Ron, let's clarify what doc ass did? He did tell you the price up front?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 24: No?
Speaker 16: He did not?
Speaker 6: Well, okay, then if they really didn't tell you.
Speaker 30: The price up front, or he put the motor in and said it was eight hundred and.
Speaker 6: Thirty dollars okay, and you were fine with that.
Speaker 30: I have no documentation even warranting on the motor. Nothing.
Speaker 24: I know.
Speaker 14: You don't believe this even paid it.
Speaker 30: Other than my credit card.
Speaker 6: Hey Glenn, Hey Glenn, what do you have to say?
Speaker 25: Well, I was just going to say, you know, I run an HVAC company in eight hundred and sixty or thirty.
Speaker 2: Or whatever it is.
Speaker 25: Yeah, they had a thirty dollars yeah, even at the motor. I mean some of those motors are you know, upwards of four or five hundred bucks.
Speaker 18: Some of them are like yeah, but.
Speaker 6: Ron, Ron found his partner. Man, I'm putting them on hold. There, I just keep holding Ron, Glenn, I'm going to let you talk but according to Ron, he found it online somewhere for two hundred dollars. So keep going, Glenn.
Speaker 25: Well, and that's probably pretty realistic. But you know, if you do third grade and a half on any kind of a service company now that intends to actually stay in business and have in iota quality thank you personnel and good vehicles on the road, you have got to do third grade masses three times cost of the part. Yeah, and if they're trying to make money, it'll be three times cost of the labor and the part. Have all of the facilities to have that part on site.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And I'll tell you what, there's a lot of home service companies that get gobbled up or they go out of business because they don't know how to price. I'm gonna I'm gonna pull my skirt up when it comes to investing. I'm going to tell you something. When lenders come in and buy up different companies out there, they look at what they want is to return an investment. You look at buying a ten million dollar company. You go out, you purchase that ten million dollar company knowing you want to make twenty five percent, twenty fifteen percent whatever is there. So you go out for the money. The money comes to you, you pull it in, you sell the company. They expect a return of fifteen to twenty percent for their investment in the money. How do they do that, Well, every single job allocated over the entire thing. I don't care if it's plumbing, heating, cooling, electric, all of them put together or just one of them. They look at each job and price it out. It costs this much for the employee. It costs this much for the truck, this much for gasoline, this much for insurance, this much for health insurance all the way down, this much for rent for the corporate building, this much for advertising. It's going to cost us this month, this much per month to run the company, this much, and we need to make twenty percent on that. So then what they do is say, Okay, this job costs that much, This job costs that much, This light switch costs that much. Yeah, and sometimes it might seem high, but if you want that company to stay around, have insurance and be there when something breaks down, that's just how it works. Glenn. How many people do you have working for you?
Speaker 25: Typically we got three, like right at the moment, So I'm just smaller. But I mean we pay probably twenty thousand bucks a year just in various insurances. And I'm not talking about health insurance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not even that.
Speaker 25: And well, and the trucks are fricking sixty thousand dollars. And the parts on the truck is another, you know, twenty grand of floating stuff rolling around. The guy in the truck is thirty forty bucks an hour. You know, even the green guys are in the high twenties now. So the realistic thing today is if you want someone that'll do it, and do it right around the actually back it up. Yeah, that's that's hold it.
Speaker 6: Well, not only that's someone that's gotten someone that's got insurance in case they burn your house down.
Speaker 25: Well, the fact of the matter is there's actually a litany of outfits right here in the metro area, especially on the central to South Bend, the would charge like fifteen hundred.
Speaker 6: Dollars easily easily easily charge fifteen hundred. Now I appreciate that, Glenn. I do I appreciate your call on.
Speaker 8: I have a question.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, Glenn, Go ahead, Doc, don't you.
Speaker 8: Tell people beforehand this is what you need, this is what it costs.
Speaker 25: Of course, Well, that's backside of it is we always always explain.
Speaker 18: To him, you know, he have sugar credit card.
Speaker 25: It's a much to come out, and then we'll tell you what the repair is. They approve the repair and we build them. And uh, generally people are good with almost anything you want to charge them if you're going to do it the proper way and then back that thing up so you're giving them a peace of mind. It's not just the parts and the labor.
Speaker 19: My own part.
Speaker 6: I gotta break guys. Listen, I want to come back to Ron though after this. Glenn. I appreciate that, but I really want to dive into something with Ron, I, honest to God do and then Christy, Glenn and Salem hold on, hey, I'm going to explain real quick what Vestera Properties has been doing for almost thirty years, maybe even a little longer. Actually, they go out and they find a good, booming economy somewhere in the country. It could be anywhere. I mean, it could be in California, which I highly doubt, honestly, but it could be in North Carolina, it could be South Carolina, could be Florida, somewhere, but a booming economy. And what I mean is maybe they know that micros moving into that area, or if there's some reason the economy is going to get better over the next couple of years. In that economy, they find that. Then they find a perfect house to rent out. They find a house, not not something you fix and flip, a house ready to go. You come in and you buy the house. You literally buy it. You own it. The deed's in your name. You can borrow money to buy it, you can pay cash for it, it doesn't matter. You buy it. Then a property manager comes in and rents it out for you. While it sits there, you collect your rent check every single month like clockwork. Because you've got a good management company taking care of everything. You don't have to do anything, no repairs, they handle everything. Then after a couple of years, that appreciation happens and that house went from four hundred thousand to six hundred thousand dollars. You sell it whenever you want to sell it. You can sell it quick, you can hold on to it and keep renting it out. It's all up to you. You own the house. That's what Vestera Properties does. Check them out at vesteraturnkey dot com. That's vest Era turnkey dot com. All right, three O three seven one three A two five five. I'd like to thank Shannon for turning my mic on this time. I appreciate that three oh three Martino. That number works on and off the air. Susanne, I know our attorney's gonna come on for Christy at one point thirty. Did that work out?
Speaker 20: We're gonna we're you know, I'm working it out with Christy right now.
Speaker 6: Awesome. So we're gonna have a line open a second, three oh three seven to one three a two five five. I'm gonna finish up with Ron real quick. Ron, listen, man. That that's just the way home service companies do it. We were talking during the break too. Jeff Vick was talking about an attorney here in Colorado that years ago he was watching his car get repaired to a shop. Through a window some of the shops in fact discount tire. You can look out and see him working on your car, and they charged them three hours labor. Well, when I own shops and when dealerships and these guys, you go off a book work. It doesn't matter if it's warranty or not. If it calls for three hours to remove and replace an alternator, You charge three hours. That's how it works, and the technician generally gets paid based upon the three hours. If the technician can do that alternator in a half hour because he's superman and the best technician out there, you still pay three hours. If it's a new guy and he struggles through it and it took ten hours, you still pay three hours. So that's basically the same philosophy. But you wanted to say something else.
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 30: Well, part of it is like here, there's nothing I can do about the charges. But when I call him, he promised that he was going to email. First of all, the motor supposedly has a one year warranty. Yeah, I have no idea. I have no paperwork say anything about when they put the motor.
Speaker 6: Kevin told me something interesting, Kevin, you looked up the reviews.
Speaker 2: On this company. Yes, I wish mine were this good. Uh, he's got one bad review and that's.
Speaker 6: Fine out of how many?
Speaker 2: Out of one hundred and thirty eight?
Speaker 6: And who is that one bad review?
Speaker 12: It's wrong?
Speaker 6: Ron, Do you find there's something wrong with that?
Speaker 30: First of all, he lied, he lied. I did contact better Ron.
Speaker 6: I just answer the question I'm asking about a bill. There's one hundred and thirty reviews. All of them are good and there's one bad, and that's you. Isn't that a little strange?
Speaker 30: Well, maybe he thought he could take advantage.
Speaker 6: What would you like us to do? Would you like us to call over there?
Speaker 30: Wh I ask for? All I asked for is he sends me a detailed thing, just parts of labor.
Speaker 6: They don't do that.
Speaker 30: Probably contacted better business dal. His response was it was transparent and he told me pro prior to the repair being done, which was an absolute lie. He did not tell me what the charge was going to be.
Speaker 6: Did you sign the credit card tablet? Did you agree to pay it? Did you agree to pay it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 27: Okay, I got a helpful suggestion. I think we'll help put Ron's mind.
Speaker 2: That he's on this.
Speaker 30: I wasn't arguing the price on me. I just saided it was more than it should have been.
Speaker 27: But run Ron, I think your primary concern is that you have no proof of this motor going in in case it goes out during the warranty period. So how about this, if within a year of that repair, the motor goes out and you're having trouble making a warranty claim. Give us a call back and we'll get you an original receipt.
Speaker 6: You know what, Dmitri, I like how you I like I wouldn't hold on. I got to put him on hold now that he can hear me while he's on holds, you know. So, Ron, I know you're listening, and I bring you back up, and I'm afraid you'll try to keep talking. But here's the bottom line. I loved how you did that. I loved what you said, but I always say what I think. I think Ron is probably the hardest customer any business in the world could ever have. That is a very fair price for what they did, and apparently it's now working so quite honestly, Ron, if they don't want to abide by the warranty, if there is an issue, we're glad to help. But at this point, I don't know what else to tell you. Once again, Kevin, how many reviews do they have?
Speaker 2: Thirty eight?
Speaker 6: And how many bad reviews.
Speaker 19: Do they have?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 6: Ron is the only bad review.
Speaker 19: Ron.
Speaker 6: When I asked you that, all you could do was mumble something. I don't even know what you were saying. Suzanne, free up that line I don't know how to fix ron ron. There's no battle here. You got a good price. I swear to god, Indoor air Quality gave you a good price. Call some other places. Call some other places and get a quote. I can search the internet and find a five dollars gadget that'll come my electric build down ninety nine percent. It's all phony. Baloney brother got a break. How about a bathroom remodeler with discount prices. In fact, their name is Discount Bathroom Quality Remodels. At discount prices, they can come in and do a say, a tub to shower conversion. Finally, get rid of that old tub, get a nice shower in there, and they can do solid shower wall systems, low maintenance. Or they can redesign your whole bathroom at a discount price. Example, maybe you do have a tub in a shower and the tub backs up against the closet. You could get rid of that tub, create a bigger closet. You could even turn it into, for lack of a better word, one of those California closets, a gorgeous closet you always wanted. With a new walk in shower, maybe low threshold. You get the idea. It doesn't matter what you want. The guys at Discount Bath can do it. They can also give you a quote over the phone. Listen to that. You might have to take a few pictures, but it all starts at discount Bath dot com. Go there, check it out Discountbath dot com. Zeroes. Listen to this high alkaline, super soft purified water. And by the way, that is one of the best cleaning agents in nature. If you want those carpets looking better than you've ever seen them, you got to check out zero Resdenver dot com. They do all kinds of stuff too, tile and groud and granite and mattress cleaning, upholstery. They can virtually do everything. They have a great commercial division as well. These are your one stop shop for getting all the carpets and everything else clean, and they do it better than anybody else. When they were out at our house, listen to this. We had some stains that when the last carpet cleaners left, it kind of wicked back up. And you see that same stain like five or six days later. And by the way, the other guys take forever to dry. Not with zero res. The stains were gone for good. The carpet was dry quick. We couldn't have been happier. And the specials they have going on right now are absolutely insane. It's it's you know, it's February. It's lover's time. Give these guys a call right now. You're gonna be shocked at what they got going on. Three oh three, four seven, one fifty, one fifty or zero Resdenver dot com. Look, we have another hour coming up. Sam and Olely Deputy Beau and will you guys hold on. This is the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 29: Assassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst Yeah, ripped off bad news, You need advice?
Speaker 5: Who you don't have to.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 22: Trushooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, welcome my friends to the only show if it's kind.
Speaker 6: You're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little bit better. Please also join us on YouTube and go to YouTube dot com type in Troubleshooter next work and then during the break, especially the long breaks, you can hear us all talk. Sometimes there's a lot of cross talk, but that's how it goes. But that's it, man. I mean, it's a really cool way to not only listen, but watch the show and the iHeart app if you're driving in your car. Unbelievable. In fact, our downloadads are over fifty thousand a month with iHeart, one of the top out there. So we reach all over the country. We solve problems, answer questions, take complaints to the tune of over three hundred million dollars cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds. We have a list of people at referral list dot com that can help out big time. In studio with me, Kevin Calkin shared an auto tech Jeff Vickkimera transmission deputy doc deputy, Dimitri Suzan answering the phones, and of course Shannon pushing my buttons on the other side of the glass. You know, all this renaming stuff. I'm gonna go right to the phone. So one line open three oh three seven one three eightie five five. You know, I think it was what was the Air Force? Was it Air Force?
Speaker 24: What?
Speaker 6: What was recently renamed for Bragg got renamed for Bragg? The one that blew me away. This morning, Trump came out signed an executive order the San Andreas fault in California. He renamed to Newsom's fault. Anybody, Come on, no, no drum roll.
Speaker 13: That was good.
Speaker 6: Come on three O three seven one three eight two five five. Now all the liberals are going to be emailing me. I say that in jest.
Speaker 13: I love liberals.
Speaker 6: Who should we go to Susanne?
Speaker 20: Deputy bow and Oleg?
Speaker 6: Oh, real quick, Deputy Bow. Hold on, he's got an update. But Olig, you had a comment on Ron who called up and, honest to God, just simply did not understand that he got a good deal on that blower motor. Uh, there was no change in his mind. But maybe you agree with him. What do you think, Olig?
Speaker 11: I just had.
Speaker 18: Came and did Annie O queen income on my blower mother and there, Yeah, and he said motor is on the lost leg.
Speaker 14: But it's still working.
Speaker 18: New one is going to be about a condo's.
Speaker 6: Dollars eight hundred bucks. Yep, yeah, that's basically what this guy paid Mattress.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's not bad. So I want everybody, I haven't talked to you for a while. Oleg I'm gonna I'm gonna show you a little love, and I haven't done that for a while. Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: Olig is actually on our referral list at referral list dot com. Type in furniture and you'll find them. It's furniture doctors. So when our little puppy was a little puppy, she's now three or whatever she is, she chewed up a brand new hutch we bought for our dining room. When I say chewed it up, she bit it and ate some of one of the legs. Olig is one of these guys that can come in and fix your furniture. Olig, you repaired that probably three years ago. It still looks brand new. Then he did some repairs. We have Amish cabin try inside of our bus or RV, and he went in and fixed some of that. It's all real wood, hard wood, and fix some of that. Any furniture out there you need fix, you do upholstery, leather, wood, tables, everything, right, oleg yep, it hints incredible book. What's at what part town is he in?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 6: You do all He's mobile, but you do all Denver right, Denver Metro.
Speaker 21: I go anywhere I get paid, So I like that.
Speaker 6: It's so he's like a craftsman. It's like, you know how hard it is to find someone these days. It actually fixes something. We talk about that on this show. He can actually fix up. Maybe it's a family heirloom, or maybe it's a couch you just bought and the kids screwed it up and you need the leather fixed or upholstery. This guy can do it all. Hey, oh leg, what's your phone number? Get give us your phone numbers so I can give it out.
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 18: Three eight five two one.
Speaker 6: Zero three oh three eight eight five two two one zero. You can always find the people in their car. And his prices are unbelievable. He fixed that hutch. I think it was maybe one hundred and twenty five bucks. It's like a two thousand dollars hunch. I mean really, it's just very fair, very honest, and very good at what he does. Three oh three eight eight eight five twenty two ten or Oleague, you're on referral list dot com. So anybody driving, Hey, I appreciate you calling on that comment too on that other company, man Mark, Thank you, o League. He's been a member of ours for God, Susanne, I'd say, I don't remember.
Speaker 20: Him not being it's been yeah, like twenteen twenty years plus.
Speaker 6: Fifteen twenty years. Now, who should I go to? Who's been holding a lot?
Speaker 19: Bo?
Speaker 6: Might as well knock that one out right, quitty Bo, my friend, you can free up line three one line open three oh three Martino. Hey, Deputy Bow, you were in the HVAC business or plumbing business forever. In HVAC you were in the home services. Oh no, no, no, I'm getting you mixed up. No, I'm not well, that's Deputy Bow. Yeah, you were in it forever. What what did you make of that? The guy was complaining that eight hundred and fifty for the blower motor. But real quick, were you HVAC and plumbing or just plumbing or what?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 31: We did HVAC. We did a little plumbing.
Speaker 6: Okay, cool parts.
Speaker 8: So I know all about this.
Speaker 31: On that remotor. We were charging eight hundred and fifty dollars five years ago when we were in business for a motor like that. And also I want to point out when he was getting prices, he probably wasn't getting prices on the OEM motor. The original equipment motor after mys are a little more complicated to install. And that company he mentioned.
Speaker 18: I dealt with him.
Speaker 31: They're a very good company. They wouldn't check that guy around, and I'm sure they would get him an invoice if he would simply call over there and ask.
Speaker 6: No, he wants an invoice, So listen, I guarantee he's got an invoice. He wants an invoice that says, you know, labor was this much per hour, or the part was this much, and blah blah blah. He wants everything broken down. And nobody does that in home services anymore.
Speaker 31: I don't even do that when I do work for friends and family. No, I give them a contract price.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 31: They're buying a job, They're not buying art.
Speaker 6: It's just the way it is. Listen. There's a lot of people that are just used to how things worked in the fifties, and honestly, it used to be parts in labor. It's just not that way anymore. What is your update you have for us?
Speaker 18: Okay, this real quick?
Speaker 31: Angelina. She called into the show on February third, I think last Thursday, eleven o'clock hour. She called in. She was really desperate She lives at the Emerson Flats Apartments. It's an eighteen unit. Apparently the people in the apartment above her were making all kinds of noises.
Speaker 6: I remember this. This was one of the ones. She wouldn't even go upstairs and confront them, right.
Speaker 31: She wouldn't confront them.
Speaker 7: She called the.
Speaker 6: She called the police.
Speaker 31: Apartment, and the police did apparently go over there four or five kinds wow, And I couldn't understand. I wanted to check out why the police would not issue us a ticket a summons for these people. So I called the Emerson Flats Department that of course, they wouldn't give me any information. But I called the commander of District six, Kim.
Speaker 6: Bowser, nice and she.
Speaker 31: Told one of her lieutenants to call me and give me all the information. And the information is that, I don't know how to say it, but Angelina has some mental issues.
Speaker 6: Oh man, that sucks.
Speaker 31: There's no there's no noise.
Speaker 18: They quit going.
Speaker 6: They've been over there five or six times, so they have responded. There's just simply nothing to respond to. She's crazy. Yeah, you put it nicer than me, but I mean, she's nuts.
Speaker 31: And the Community Resource off officer of district thinks they're trying to reach out to find there some resources, but yeah, she's basically a nut.
Speaker 6: I got you, hey, Deputy Bow, Deputy Bow, I really appreciate that, and we'll see you here in studio next week. Man, good job on that.
Speaker 31: Got it.
Speaker 6: You reminded me of something. I had a lady call in and she had me convinced that she had bugs all over her apartment. And it was just I can't even explain how bad she painted the picture, just so bad. It was crazy and so bad, how she painted the landlord and everything bad enough to where I said, And she was an older woman in her eighties, and she was pretty far away. It was so bad. Right after the show, literally right after the show, I get in my car and I head down to her place. I mean, I am just ready to go crazy on these people right there in person, this landlord and this poor eighty year old. I get there and she opens the door. The place is spotless. It is absolutely you could eat off the floor. There's not one bug anywhere. But she's got a glass sitting on her little kitchen nook or whatever you want to call it. It's just sitting there, one glass and She's got a piece of paper over the glass and she goes, there's an example of all the bugs. And I go over and I look at the glass. There was literally nothing in the glass. Nothing. Then she says, and I'm sitting here and I'm like, if she wasn't so old, it's like I didn't even know what to say. I mean, she literally sees it. I'm like, oh my god. And then she goes and that's nothing. Wait, you see the rats that are in the box. And we walk into her bedroom and she's got this little box next to her bed. Once again, the bed's made, it's perfect. It's a nice apartment. I mean it is a nice apartment, not even like an old, clean one. It is like a nice, newer apartment. And she's got this box bigger than a shoebox, but not much bigger, like a little Amazon box. And she goes, there's rats in there, and they always come out at night and they bite my toes. And I look in the box and there's like a book. There's nothing in the box but a book. And then I'm looking at her and I'm going, this is insane. I know, she's not like trying to joke with me or anything. I At this point, I told her, well, I'm going to go talk to the landlord and hopefully we can do something. And then I made a call to have I think it was her daughter kind of check on her. I mean, I don't know if she's off her meds or what, but I figured out one of her relatives. But there's nothing I can do for that. And this poor woman that Beau was talking about, same thing. I mean, what do you possibly do You hear noises, You literally hear them. You call a radio show because you're so frantic about it, you can't stop it. It's literally consuming every breath you take every day. It's got to be horrible. Imagine hearing and seeing things and thinking they're real. It's absolutely it's astonishing to me what some people live with. And I feel for them, but there's it's just outside of my pay grade. Mike and Will hold on a little over twenty five pounds in five weeks I've lost with Denver Regen dot com. I'm going to tell you the secret sauce they got. They got together with a compounding pharmacy. They take a GLP one that's the new weight loss drug. Everybody's talking about. And what they do is they have the pharmacy compounded to their unique formula if you will. But it's a GLP one, don't get me wrong. That's what it is. They have some vitamins some other stuff in there, and then you take it and basically you don't feel hungry, which is amazing. But more than that, not only do you feel full after you eat a little bit. Let's say you have just I don't know, let's say a hot dog with no bun, just a little meal, some yogurt, you feel full twenty minutes goes by. You feel full. If you eat much more than that, you'll feel even fuller. It's crazy. I've had like a slice and a half of pizza and I feel like I ate Thanksgiving dinner, or I felt like I'd been eating all day. But the other thing it does that's amazing. Not only does it make you feel full, and the reason it does that by the way it slows down your digestion literally. And if you're let me stick to my points on this though, and I'm saying this from someone that's been on it a little over six weeks now, what it really does that's incredible is it makes a food noise go away. I mean I used to diet and all I would do was think about my next meal. Once that part was taken away, it's like dieting, but you don't think of food. It kills a food noise. That's the best way to put it. And with Denver Regon, unlike a lot of these other places, they don't try to rob you under three hundred bucks a month. I figure I'm done in about another four weeks. I'm trying to get down forty pounds. I'm twenty five plus already. I should be there soon. So think about that. I'm gonna lose all that weight for around nine hundred bucks, and you don't sit there and think of food all the time. I really want to make sure you understand how it works. Denverregen dot com. Listen three inundred bucks Denverregen dot com, Denverregen dot com. Now I want to talk about Genesis Total Exteriors. You can get two painters over there. Maybe you forgot to get your wife something for Valentine's Day. Here's the deal right now, two guys to paint whatever you want inside your house for eight hours at sixteen hours of labor. They could maybe knock out the whole first floor of a smaller home, maybe three bedrooms. You get the idea. You get eight hours, two guys, and we have used Genesis Total Exteriors at our house. They're absolutely unbelievable. You got a call basically today though. That's Genesis tootal Exteriors dot com. Genesis Total Exteriors dot Com. Yeah, yeah, alright three O three seven one three eight two five five three three Martino, you've been ripped off taking advantage of we want to hear from you. You can always join us on YouTube, by the way, type in Troubleshooter Network you'll see it. I'm gonna go to Mike Susan. Actually, Mike, I'm going to come right to you, but hold on one second. Hey, Will, what is your question real quick on alimony and child support because I might want to want to get up Bonnie Shields or one of our attorneys.
Speaker 32: Yeah, Hi, Mark, longtime listener. I've run some simulations in the state for spousal support and child support and curious about what the judges discretion will be on what the final amount will be because the monthly income, yeah, after the support and the child support would be wouldn't be enough.
Speaker 21: To live on.
Speaker 15: Period.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a curious question. Hold on, I get you, but I never thought when you use the calculator that it would be it would.
Speaker 9: Be like that.
Speaker 6: But I do want Bonnie shields for that, Suzanne, she's going to know that? Is it in Denver Metro? What area you is this going in?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 6: What judge?
Speaker 32: Yeah, it's gonna be Jefferson.
Speaker 6: Do you know what judge it is?
Speaker 24: No?
Speaker 6: I don't, okay, hold on a second. The reason I asked that is Bonnie knows all the judges and she might have an idea, although she might not want to talk about that on air. Hey, meantime, Hey Mike, what is going on with you?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hi, hey Mike.
Speaker 17: So I'll try to make this quick.
Speaker 19: So far.
Speaker 17: The other day, me, my wife, and my stepdaughter were in a rear end car accident.
Speaker 6: And the did you get rear ended or someone rear ended you?
Speaker 17: Somebody rear ended me?
Speaker 10: Got it.
Speaker 17: And this individual, instead of just pulling over, you know, like everyone else, would he to run. So I, you know, I chase him down. I put my car in front of his and was able to get police to contact us. And uh, so far his insurance is being really cool. But the police didn't want to really deal with it at all in terms of a legal standpoint. I wanted to I'm not sure they.
Speaker 6: Well, Mike, help me out here, I mean, give me, give me an idea.
Speaker 11: Why.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I'm picturing this. You guys are going to stop, I assume, and he runs India. Yes, then he kind of puts it in reverse a little and goes around you and takes off.
Speaker 24: No.
Speaker 17: I pulled forward a little bit because we were, you know, in a spot where we would be able to turn off and into a gas stake.
Speaker 6: And he kept going, and he just kept going, and then you get behind him and then call the cops, and then somehow you end up stopping him, and then the cops show up.
Speaker 17: Yes, sir, I pulled around in front of him and stopped him in the middle of the road.
Speaker 6: And then what did the cops say when they finally showed up and you told them what happened? You see where your car is and where he.
Speaker 15: Is or she? Is it a he?
Speaker 17: I assume it was a gentleman.
Speaker 6: So and that did he like deny that he did it?
Speaker 24: Or what?
Speaker 6: What? What happened on the scene.
Speaker 17: He didn't deny that he hit me, but the cops. All the cops wanted to do was exchange information. They didn't want to deal with the fact that he left the scene of an accident.
Speaker 6: Or okay, but when they wrote it up. If I look at the police report, he hit you, is that correct?
Speaker 17: They didn't even make a police report.
Speaker 6: There was no police report. You just exchanged information. Where did this happen?
Speaker 17: This happened two days ago. Where off of Sheridan And.
Speaker 6: Is that Denver?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 6: Where's that Lakewood? Where's it.
Speaker 2: Department?
Speaker 24: What?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry? What police department?
Speaker 17: Are that a police department was the one that handled the situation?
Speaker 6: And at this point how much damage to the car?
Speaker 17: We are waiting for an appraisal right now, but last time this vehicle was hit, it costs or posted three thousand dollars. I actually have an invoice somewhere around.
Speaker 6: That's all right. Was there any It's probably going to be more than that now, was there anybody injured in the vehicle?
Speaker 17: We're all sore, but nobody was terribly injured. His his insurance company have you know, made offers to us?
Speaker 6: You know, Suzanne hold on, Mike, I got to take this break. Suzanne gets you on. Fuller up for me, please, John Fuller hold tight three oh three seven one three eight two five five. It drives me nuts when people say we all don't feel good, but there is no injuries. You realize four or five days from now.
Speaker 24: Uh.
Speaker 6: They it's absolutely insane. But Mike, hold on, I'm I'm I. I just want to get our personal injury attorney up. And then Bonnie shields, Bonnie shields, Hey, I appreciate you coming up, Bonnie, and I've got to ask you something. Will. In fact, I'm gonna let Will actually ask you. Will is getting ready to get a divorce and he's looking at alimony and child support. There's some kind of calculator, Bonnie. I guess you can go on and try to calculate stuff.
Speaker 24: Right. There's a calculator for both child support and there's an indviisement calculator for maintenance.
Speaker 6: So here's the interesting part. So he used the calculator. His name's Will. I have him up as well. But the problem he's running into after he's gonna pay, where the calculator is saying he's gonna pay or guessing he's gonna pay, he won't even be able to afford to live like he does now. And I'll let him fill in the blanks. But he wants to know how much discretion the judge has. Go ahead and add on to that. Will then we'll let Bonnie speak.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think he covered it really well.
Speaker 32: Has been married for over twenty years to kids, and I'm just kind of seeing what my options are and what my obligation will be. I certainly want to take care of the kids, but also need.
Speaker 25: To live as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go ahead, Bonnie.
Speaker 24: Okay, So three things. First of all, we're assuming you're calculating it correctly. Make sure things like when you calculate child support, make sure you've got on there. If somebody's paying out health insurance, the portion is paid for the kids goes on there. That's a credit to you if you're the one paying that. And make sure it's calculated on both parties' gross monthly incomes. If those are regular incomes, that's easiest. If somebody gets bonuses, it becomes a little more complicated. Somebody's self employed, it becomes really complicated. It's are you self employer? Do you work for somebody else?
Speaker 14: Taxes out.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I w two.
Speaker 24: Okay, that's the easiest.
Speaker 30: Thing for her.
Speaker 24: Does everybody work full time?
Speaker 32: No, she's part time?
Speaker 24: Okay, like part time, like in how many hours.
Speaker 15: Part time?
Speaker 32: Meaning she makes about six thousand a year, that's part time.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 24: How old is your youngest child?
Speaker 15: Fourteen?
Speaker 24: Okay, So if your youngest child is over the age of two, that court is going to do what they call impute income to her. Most likely, if there's no reason why she's not disabled and she doesn't have a child under the age of two, they're going to look at what would she be able to make if she was working full time. Oh, that's a huge difference, So that goes under her column. Not six thousand a year. That would be crazy. If she's able to work and chooses not to, there's some what kind of work does she do?
Speaker 15: She's a tutor?
Speaker 24: Okay? So yeah, I mean, is there any reason she can't work full time other than she's used to not having to work full time?
Speaker 32: No, don't reason.
Speaker 24: Okay, the court will impute income to her, so that will help. The other thing you need to know is that maintenance is also calculated on the same gross incomes, but the maintenance calculation you're looking at is a guideline. It's not as much a hard set and stone as the child support. The child support occasionally the courts can deviate from that, but it doesn't happen that often. Then there has to be really good cause for it. The maintenance, however, that's it's really a recommendation or an advisement number. So because years ago judges someone would give ten dollars a month, and the same you know, judge in the same courthouse, same fact, might give two thousand. So they came up with this chart that kind of gives the guys, the judges of a guideline. A lot of times they use that guideline amount, and there's what they're supposed to do is look at that and then explain if they're giving a different number, what are the reasons for that. And the reasons for that might be that there's not enough love for you to live on if your living expenses are reasonable. Yeah, so they can deviate from that maintenance number. But I think your big issue here is you haven't imputed income to her.
Speaker 6: So, Bonnie, I love all that information, I mean really love it. Well, let me ask you something. I assume you don't have an attorney, is why you're asking us.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's correct, And then I.
Speaker 6: Want to go on to the second question is why don't you have an attorney?
Speaker 32: Well, this has just recently come up and I'm just kind of doing a discovery on what it's.
Speaker 15: Going to look like.
Speaker 6: So let me let me put you back on hold. Bonnie, Can you hang with us a minute? Yeah, So here's where I'm going to come when we come back, guys, And I really want your true statement just from I mean, you've been doing this, Bonnie forever. I really want to understand when wouldn't you hire an attorney? Like, why wouldn't you They've been married twenty years, they have a couple kids. I don't know what kind of money Will makes, but I can tell you one thing about Will. I can hear it in his voice that he's distraught. I mean, I can tell this is really affecting him. I don't want to get into what happened by any means, that's no one's business, but I can tell this is not good for him. And I don't know if that's like normal. This is kind of going towards Bonnie. When people decide I've heard too many people decide because they really love the person that they're not going to use an attorney, and then a couple of years later they realize how bad they got screwed in the deal. That's where I'm coming up after this. You know, retirement planning is more than just managed your assets. I want you to talk to someone, and it's Retirement Center Planning of the Rockies. We've been talking about them for years, but these guys are going to talk about every aspect of retirement, not just what investments to make. They're going to talk about healthcare and of course your legacy. They can help you optimize Social Security benefits. They can talk about long term care planning, estate planning, pretty much anything that's got to do with retirement. It's not just about what to buy, what to invest in. I mean, they're going to talk about that stuff as well, but these guys really dive into everything, including taxes, maybe timing of when to retire. They can answer all the questions and they take a unique approach to it. They really do. They have multiple generations living and working at Retirement Planning Center of the Rockies. They just have been through all of this. They discuss it every day. Just give them a call, talk to them. You're going to love these guys. Ourpcenter dot com, that's ourpcenter dot com. Fuller Law. I say it all the time. He's my attorney, He's Suzanne's attorney. He is our daughter at Aline's attorney. The bottom line is, if you've been in a car wreck and it's someone else's fault, you need an attorney. In fact, we have a call. We're going to be dealing with that with Mike about and hopefully we get John on. But here's the bottom line. John Fuller is the best I've met with personal injury. This guy got his maximum payout on both times we used him. Then, unlike a lot of attorneys, well they might try to do it, but John successfully negotiated the hospital bills, the Cairo practic bills, negotiated those all down significantly to put more money into our pocket. He does a wonderful job, and you'll deal with John. He's got a great team. But when you want to talk to John, you'll have his cell number to talk to him. Check John out at John Fullerlaw dot com. Actually, let me just give you his phone number three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred three three five nine seven forty five hundred all right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We've got a lot cooking here, and I mean a lot. We're gonna have two attorneys on. But I got to tell you about eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Garrett and the gang over there, forty five bucks, forty five dollars will come out and clean that uh furnace in any kind of hybrid systems you need, they have it all when it comes to furnaces and air conditioners. It's a great company, great people, and I've personally used them. I love them. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. But that deal for forty five bucks, You're not going to get a better deal than that. And then one clear Choice Doors dot Com. It's a gridge door opener company. One clear Choice Doors dot Com. Everywhere from I believe Pueblo all the way down or at least Colorado Springs all the way down north all or across Front Range. You need new gridge doors, new gridge door openers. They got all their pricing online. The great people been with us forever. One clear Choice Doors dot Com. Now I want to go back to Bonnie Shields, Hey, Bonnie, you kind of understood what I was asking you. This poor guy's been married twenty years, and I'm going to pull him back up so he's listening and he can chime in, of course. But anybody, now I'm not just talking about Will here, but anybody you've been married twenty years, you start going through a divorce and things start sinking in, your family's going to be different, everything changes. In what circumstance would you not use an attorney? I think if you have kids, you're going to use an attorney, but please, you're the expert.
Speaker 24: Well, I mean, anytime that you can afford it, you should use one. N Love. Things are really simple. There's no kids, you've been married, very short period of time. You each decide I'll keep mind, you keep yours. You can probably manage suit that paperwork, get it done and be out of there. So if there's anything to divide up, if there's child support, maintenance, calculations, kittos, unless you totally agree yeah on everything.
Speaker 6: And then I guess right from an emotional point though, I mean, I don't know who, and I don't want to get into it. I don't know who filed on who or what happened in their relationship, but the person if they didn't know it was coming, if one of them didn't know it was coming, I'd say a lot of times, the emotional aspect of it, they might think they're going to get back together. They could be on a totally different page, maybe even getting hoodwink by the spouse, like leading them on, like, hey, if you're good through this, maybe we'll get back together. We've just had calls like this where people call up a year later realizing that their spouse took advantage of their feelings. I mean, you've dealt with dad, haven't you.
Speaker 24: Oh yeah, people especially, it usually happens. So when one person, and it's usually the person that makes the most money and a significant amount over the other person, says we can do this our we can save a whole lot of money on attorney fees. I'll get the paperwork, I'll fill it out. All you need to do is sign here. I've seen that one a whole lot of time.
Speaker 6: So listen, will I'm not going to air your laundry out any more on air, and I'm doing that for a reason. And Bonnie might be able to explain that to you, but I mean, I'm just not going to do it to you. I don't think it's right. Bonnie will answer any of your questions though, Bonnie, I assume he can call you talk to you with any kind of follow up questions. But I think we've got in depth enough into your personal life.
Speaker 2: Will.
Speaker 6: But I'm telling you outside, I don't care if it's Bonnie or anybody else. I mean, she's been a friend of ours personally, Susanna and I for many, many, many years, and she's been a family law attorney for even longer, so she'll she'll help you and talk to you for free over the phone, and if you want to hire a great but I really think you should have that conversation. So I'm really going to just put you on hold, Will, and she'll answer your questions off air. But please, I could actually hear it in your voice, my brother, I could hear it in your voice that you're probably not making the best decisions right now and you really should get some help. Bonnie Shield's attorney at Live. Thank you and anybody out there with family law questions. She's great. Three zho three seven nine eight nineteen twenty seven three zero three seven nine eight, nineteen twenty seven, Susan make sure he gets her direct info. Please all right, thank you. Now, Mike, I want to go back to Mike. Are we going to get John Fuller up in a second? He's as, Hey, John, I'm gonna pull Mike back up, but I'm going to tell you how this call went real quick, and Mike, I got you up now. But Mike, let me fill it in. So Mike got rear ended by somebody. And what happened is John, he got rear ended and he thought the guy was gonna basically pull into it again. They wanted to get out of the street, so he goes. Mike goes to pull into a parking lot and the car decides to drive away after getting rear ended. So Mike ends up getting the police and getting kind of in front of the car and stopping the guy that tried to run away from the accident, and the cops came out. And what happened that was crazy, though, is the cops didn't give anybody a ticket. I don't know if that's normal or not, but that's one of Mike's questions. And now he's having trouble getting the insurance company of the other driver to do anything. And I asked him, I said, this drives me crazy, and I want your opinion on it. John. It was him, his wife and his daughter in the car, and I said, well, was there any injuries? And he said exactly this to me. He goes, well, none of us are feeling really good. We're shook up and stuff and we kind of hurt. But you know, I Mike, go ahead, tell me tell him how You answered me.
Speaker 17: Well, we're all pretty sore, but other than that, we feel okay.
Speaker 6: So so, John, what do you make of that? I mean, honestly, that's why I got you on. I'm doing this twofold. First of all, when they didn't give a ticket a time point, do you find that odd? And then how do you know when to call a tersonary injury attorney? And I'm not kidding John, Like, honestly, how do these people know a week from now they're still not going to feel that way? And now you're ten days out and it looks weird If you do go to the hospital or the doctors about.
Speaker 19: It, well, not only does it look weird, they'll call you a liar, a cheat, and a fraud for not having gone immediately. After the accident, and they'll suggest that the only reason you're going now is because somebody like me put the idea in your head that you had to go, you know, no matter what, even if it's a week later and you and you feel perfectly fine. So you're kind of danged if you do and danged if you don't. And you know, the important thing is that and when did this happen? By the way, I didn't catch.
Speaker 6: A date on it, Mike. When did it happen?
Speaker 16: Two days ago?
Speaker 6: Two days ago? Listen, both of you. I apologize, John, you fill in for me. You know what's going on. I am right up against it. We'll have about three minutes coming back. Hold on Denverregen dot com. That's who I'm using to lose weight. Five weeks, twenty five pounds a little plus that. Here's the deal. You want to lose weight, go to Denverregen dot com. They have GLP one starting at under three hundred dollars a month. That's doctor's visits, that is everything, the medication, everything less than three hundred a month. And it's amazing how it works. You can stop the food noise, you can feel full, live your life full, get healthy now Denverregen dot Com.
Speaker 2: M HM.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Look, I got to go back to John Fuller real quick. Hey, John, So I want you to continue there. Here's the here, here's the issue, and we don't have a lot of time. So let let me have Mike ask you any questions on the personal injury side. Mike, do you have any questions for I just wanted you to hear that because if there is something down the line, it can be a real big problem. And the other reason I wanted to get John on when you start talking injuries and an attorney's involved, now all of a sudden, the insurance company has to answer.
Speaker 17: Okay, Yeah, I mean I guess I would want to ask John, what do you think me and my family should do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 19: I like that question, John, Well, great question. The answer is to give me a call. You've got a lot of issues to work through on this. And not to be coyed, but but you started out by saying that the guy tried to leave the scene, and now you're having problems with the insurance company. And that's almost certainly because he's telling his insurance company that he wasn't at falls, and so now the insurance company has they're insured who they have a fiduciary duty with saying I didn't cause this accident, and they're gonna stick with their guy until the evidence you know that that proves otherwise really comes out out. So this is where things like dash cams and light sequences and all of those things that can go into figuring out liability become super important. The reason the cops didn't write a ticket is because they didn't actually witness anything, and it becomes just that he said, she said, and we see that all the time, so it's not just your cop in particular. They just didn't witness it and they can't really charge somebody with it.
Speaker 6: But John, honestly, with a hit and run compared to almost anything else or not a hit and run with a rear end like this, I mean, it's going to be pretty obvious. There's damage to the front of one car and to the back of the other, so there is something to go off of.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's the beautiful thing about it. There's a legal presumption of liability. I love it for a rear in collision.
Speaker 6: All right, listen, both of you. You hear the music, Mike called John up off air. Make sure he has a number, but three ZHO three five nine seven forty five hundred. That goes for anybody out there that's been hurt in an accident. John fills in for me right here when Tom and I are in here three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred. See you Monday.