Speaker 1: All right, little uh, little, some smooth sounds on a Friday.
Speaker 2: That's right, Thank you, John. That's that's what I was saying, you know, that's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 1: Dave's out Today.
Speaker 2: We are on the road at Dwight's favorite place, Shady Raise at Oxports Shopping Center.
Speaker 3: I love Shady Rays.
Speaker 4: You're gonna love Shady Rays today too, because listen to this deal and it's today only. Come by and see if we're broadcasting live till noon. But all of the sunglasses and Shady Rays by two and get fifty percent off. By two and fifty percent off, and it gets better from that. After you spend fifty bucks. Here, you can buy unlimited pairs of the mystery boxes for just ten dollars.
Speaker 3: So the perfect I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Load up.
Speaker 3: These are the perfect stalking stuffer.
Speaker 1: Load up by a mid stocking stuffer. Dude. This is a present, present present.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it'll fitness stocking.
Speaker 4: So come on, buy a Shady Raise. That's today only. Uh, this discount is for today only. By two, get fifty percent off. Then after you spend fifty dollars, you could buy unlimited pair of the mystery boxes and they're marked down to ten dollars.
Speaker 3: On the mystery boxes, you could.
Speaker 4: Choose between men's and women's mystery boxes. And all these are or last year's models. Nothing wrong with them. Last year's models just moved down the mystery boxes. But come on bout and say all.
Speaker 2: Right, Shady rays Oxmore Shopping Center plus four. Every half hour, we're gonna give a pair away from the mystery box pile. So what you're gonna do is come in and say Austin, congratulations on your engagement because he is our engineer today WAMZ. So next person to come into the store from outside the store to end the store gets a free pair of glasses, and that's gonna be for the next twenty minutes or so.
Speaker 3: So we're talking snow now, Is that what's going on.
Speaker 1: To snow here? But South Bend?
Speaker 2: It's going crazy where the football game is going tonight? And John Alden, I, you guy, are you going crazy? Is this like the Super Bowl for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It's honestly one of those things where I don't think I have the words to describe how I feel about. I think it'll finally hit me once the game kicks off. Tonight at eight o'clock. But as an Indiana football fan, we've been a miserable fan base Tony for years and years and years, and to get to have this moment tonight, no matter what the result is, you obviously hope you're competitive at the very least. I couldn't be more excited.
Speaker 2: I just my buddy Ben Fos that played football eternity and he played football at Notre Dame. He's on the road, he's in South Bend. And you should see the picture I just tweeted it. It's like it It's like a blizzard. This is the conditions tonight are going to be crazy for this matchup. But this is not just a matchup of schools Dwight. This is a matchup of two of my favorite sports movies.
Speaker 3: Hoosiers and Rudy.
Speaker 1: Rudy, Yes, correct now. I don't know how you choose between those two movies. Yeah, you just gotta go.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that's a toughag.
Speaker 1: I'm not telling because.
Speaker 3: I'm not a basketball fan.
Speaker 4: But even though I'm not a basketball fan, yes, like the movie Who's Your Yes, I still gotta.
Speaker 2: Go Rooty though I think what was the name of the religious kid on the team, Scooter.
Speaker 1: No, god, I love that Hoosiers movie. I gotta tell you, Gene.
Speaker 3: Hackman, Jimmy Swagger.
Speaker 1: No, no, was the kid. It was a quarterback. No, that's not true. No, no, no, it's basketball. It's basketball. So yeah, so tonight's matchup. What time is kickoff? Dude?
Speaker 5: Eight eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yes, eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: But we're not supposed to get snow here.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to get snow right now.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, not stick or anything.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, we're supposed to look pretty.
Speaker 1: A lot like you, Dwight look pretty. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So last night volleyball, did you watch the game at all?
Speaker 3: No? I taped this, so please don't talk.
Speaker 1: Oh darn it, you can't you do that all the time.
Speaker 4: I taped women's volleyball, So please don't talk about it.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: We're gonna ruin it for you. Louisville wins. Uh.
Speaker 2: And it was sort of a root rudy moment because Andy de Beer, which is the All American for Louisville, which was carrying the team in the first set and a half, she goes down, she's twists her ankle she's out of the game, and we're thinking, well it's over now, I mean we're you know, great run final four.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: The Louisville girls, I mean dismantled Pittsburgh all the way out the rest of the match. We were going crazy last night. The Young Center was sold out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: George Tammering texted end of yesterday and said, because I said, why do not just go watch it at the Young Center?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How bad? Is how incredible? Is that? Yeah? It was really cool. I mean it was really cool.
Speaker 3: So okay, exciting, dude. So in the bracket.
Speaker 1: Wise, where are they now?
Speaker 2: Oh, they're in the National Championship. Oh yeah, so they say, Penn State. Uh so is it just one game? Yes, that's it. That's it, dude, that's it.
Speaker 3: Wow. So uh it is at home.
Speaker 2: And volleyball is one of the only sports where uh girls.
Speaker 1: Can beat guys. Oh yeah, So okay, is that fair to say?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Uh that I would I would say volleyball.
Speaker 1: And math and spelling, well spelling certainly.
Speaker 3: So no.
Speaker 4: But seriously, so will they have home field advantage somehow by playing the Young Center?
Speaker 3: Are they playing that the Center?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So is this one of the deals where the Young Center was picked to host the NCAA.
Speaker 3: I believe so it just worked out like the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you know the coach of the Land Sports Commission can answer that. But I bet you that's true. Yeah, that's that's something else that's not bad. Uh. I do want to think. Uh. J Craft is with Aqua Locke.
Speaker 3: He's got really good beer.
Speaker 2: And uh and he said, uh, he heard me the other day going I'm just gonna fix my raid on thing at home myself.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I want to thank him. He called and said, uh, dude, you don't want to do that yourself. So he came over and helped. He's a professional.
Speaker 3: He's right.
Speaker 1: I don't need to be messing with raid on delivery system a little rate. They're not going to.
Speaker 2: How much how much radon can I take at any given moment? But thank you AKA lock is where they're with, so I appreciate them.
Speaker 3: And he did you know you had some kind of rad on problem?
Speaker 1: Dude, Well, no, no, the motor has been making noises.
Speaker 2: He came in because the motor goes hold on And remember when we were doing the show and during COVID, Yeah, and it was going where well it got louder louder. He goes, how long has this been making a noise? And I go years, five, six years, and he was like, oh my god, dude, So is.
Speaker 3: This some kind of a thing that's supposed to remove rad on?
Speaker 1: So it's yes. So the pipe goes all the way into your basement and into your floor.
Speaker 3: Are you an Alladay sucker?
Speaker 1: So? Who who? S p T?
Speaker 6: Barnum?
Speaker 3: So so it goes all the way into Maybe I should have him come out to my house. Yeah, I don't know if I want to.
Speaker 1: Well, you spent.
Speaker 2: See the problem is if you have radon? Are you here for the glasses? What are you supposed to say, Austin?
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, there you go. Oh no, I'm sorry. You get to choose.
Speaker 3: You get to choose. I chose for you.
Speaker 1: You get to you get to mister here.
Speaker 4: Here's what's going on. We're giving away a mystery pair every thirty minutes. What's your name, sir?
Speaker 1: Thanks for coming by, dude. Yeah, oh hey, I got three of them. Probably dated.
Speaker 3: A've been here. I've been hearing that my whole life. Didn't you, sister? He come in to get my feet?
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 3: I did it?
Speaker 2: You listen, I got three sisters, Thank you, bad Tony. I've got three sisters in Louisville, a one degree away. Right, so so yeah, pick up. If that's not the one you want to know, you pick you got you got it, dude. Uh So the raid on thing goes into the basement, you you jackhammering up and they get it, and they're supposed to draw the raid on from the stone.
Speaker 1: Like the rock underneath your house. Yeah? Are you are we off?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Turn it down a little bit. Okay, I'm sorry. Where am i? Here? We go? There we go, there we go. Good deal, a little over modulated. Uh so, how dangerous is it? The problem for you is you live in the basement and that's where it's worse.
Speaker 4: Look, even my parents suck me in the basement, you know wherever company came over. Yeah, hey, little fat Dwight getting the base.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know, when you get enough germs, you become immune to stuff I'm immune to right on.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe that's what's wrong with you. It might be what's wrongs that's true. But thanks those guys for coming over and helping me out. And he was right, he was like, dude, you can't fix this.
Speaker 1: Yourself.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But what he did say was the it's the worst in the basement.
Speaker 2: So whatever number you have in the basement, it's cut it in half of the second floor, and they cut that in half on the third floor. So if you're if you don't live in the basement, you're probably pretty safe. It is Christmas. Most of Dwight and and and Dave are off next week. I did not realize Dave was out today.
Speaker 3: Also, Dave's off until oh January second.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, he took us able. I didn't. I didn't realize I.
Speaker 3: Was supposed to be. I said, no, you all take over Christmas week and I'll be back next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, So back to the movie, John, you have to chime in on this. Rudy or Hoosiers. That's the matchup tonight, and that's the movies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I've seen both of them. It's been a while since i've seen either one. But I don't get how I can't take Hoosiers being in Indiana fright right?
Speaker 1: Yeah at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And if you ever watched like the story of that team, Joe Montana was the quarterback on the Notre Dame team, and you know that, and uh, they've always after the movie hit, they've asked Joe Montana. They're like, hey, do you remember Joe. Joe Montana says, I have no idea what you all are talking about. Uh, we're all talking about numbers. Just talk out loud. They're trying to adjust. Uh yeah, there, there you go. Now you got me way too loud. You got me way too loud.
Speaker 1: There we go. We're working it out on a Friday show. There we go.
Speaker 2: We apologize broadcasting live on the road and Austin. Austin is just turning knobs on this broadcast equipment. Actually, the broadcast quipment.
Speaker 4: Is probably okay, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: First of all, the broadcast quipment is probably older than you are.
Speaker 6: This thing right here, yes, oh I mean yeah.
Speaker 1: And the comrades, how old are you? Oh no, not yet, not as old, but not. It's about twenty. Yeah. It works, it works, it works, it works, it works. Uh so yeah, Rudy.
Speaker 2: Joe Montana was like, yeah, I don't I don't remember any of that happening on the team.
Speaker 1: Joe was like, I was on that team. I don't remember any of that. Disney and Hollywood might have been bellis that they imagine that for sure? All right, the hawk Tooy girl.
Speaker 4: I saw this man And the only reason I didn't pull the story because I was gonna do this story.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, The only reason I didn't is because the story got in the weeds. And if you say cryptocurrency, yes, I'm lost already.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm so. I'm glad you're doing this story because there's no way I could go through it. Okay, I'm too stupid.
Speaker 2: So apparently anybody could come up with their own big cryptocurrency. Okay, so she does that, right, but she doesn't let everybody know she owns thirty percent of.
Speaker 1: The of the coins, right, the hawk tu of coins.
Speaker 2: Right, so she doesn't tell everybody that it opens up for a while, it takes off. Well, right after it takes off, she sells her entire portion. So but all the people in that crypto see that it's been it's a huge sell off, so they sell off and now it's worthless and she made million and millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: I got a second, will find my shocked face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I had this conversation because I had my son explain it to me. I said, what happened with this. He was basically, this is what happened.
Speaker 1: And I said, doesn't that it seems like it's that would be against federal walls or something.
Speaker 3: I think if something like that happened in Wall Street, it would be yeah, you'd be in jail.
Speaker 1: You're being jail. And he goes, no, not really with this situation. So I was like, Okay, I think it's pretty much the wild wild West.
Speaker 3: It's not even banked by back by any.
Speaker 2: No, no, we've gone from anybody that buy Look, you get what you deserve if you buy a bitcoin or whatever.
Speaker 3: Here stories like you know this guy lost to his life savings.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you do that?
Speaker 3: Oh he forgot the password to his bitcoin?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How many times have you logged on a Netflix? You're like, that's not it? Okay, damn it that TV?
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta admit it. We're right all the time, well all the time, not all the time.
Speaker 2: And one of those was cryptocurrency five years ago, and we said this makes no sense and it will never make sense.
Speaker 1: See you man, will never make sense.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we've run it down before. It's not back by a country, it's not back by a bank. It's not real money. Go ahead and put your money into it. Have had it, because you're gonna lose all.
Speaker 3: You have an issue.
Speaker 4: You can't go you know, honey, I can't figure that out online. I'm gonna ride down to the crypto currency store and have one of their nice representatives help me.
Speaker 1: By the way, and then these these mining facilities, right, these mining facilities that take the power of Saint Louis uses every day because it needs a blockchain? Right?
Speaker 3: What does that even mean?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: So you need a warehouse?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Pay for that? By the way, Hey, whoa right.
Speaker 3: Around this way?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay them all?
Speaker 4: So here's here's what you're telling oxmore not the mall you need. You need to have a warehouse that uses more power than Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: Every day, every single day, every day? Who pays for that?
Speaker 3: Pay for that?
Speaker 6: Are you guys even? Are you guys shocked at hok to a girl Hailey Welch is still kind of relevant.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked.
Speaker 6: I thought that her fifteen minutes of fame would have last. I thought that she would have went the only.
Speaker 7: Fing Here's what I will say. Here's what I will say. Boy, she rolled that wave like a champ. No, she did fake about that. No, she did, and she got on all these podcasts. And the problem was she's cute and she's nice and she's sweet, right.
Speaker 1: But she's not very interesting.
Speaker 2: If you when she when she's interviewed, she just got to drawl and did and that's the most interesting thing about her.
Speaker 1: She's very nice, she's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Says she's a virgin, and says she's she's a Well, I'm sorry, she's a Christian, she's not a virgin.
Speaker 1: I would assume what's the difference. Well, how did she get famous? So? Uh again, I'm shocked. How long?
Speaker 2: You're right that that this that she's lasted this long and now she doesn't have to do anything. She made millions and millions of dollars.
Speaker 4: She's got to talk to a podcast now if you listen to it, she's got a podcast called talk to It two.
Speaker 1: Look, yes, oh it doesn't have a good Do you have a podcast? Everyone has a podcast.
Speaker 6: Podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start a podcast.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start a podcast.
Speaker 6: I was Dwight, you was wrong?
Speaker 3: How about all Dwight?
Speaker 1: Long?
Speaker 3: No, no, and I've been night.
Speaker 4: I'll release it in a white long You know, hey, listen, come on by Shady Rays the ox More Center. This is the perfect Christmas gift. Here's what I'm telling you. Listen up loved ones. If you buy two, you get fifty percent off. But it gets better from there after you spend fifty dollars. Here at Shady Rays you can buy hear me on this unlimited unlimited mystery pairs. Okay, the mystery pairs. There's nothing wrong with them. All they are is their last year's models and they're perfect sunglasses. Some of them are seventy eighty dollars pair of sunglasses. You get them for ten dollars a box. That is the perfect stocking stuffer for your entire family. Come on, buy Shady Rays and the ox More Center.
Speaker 3: We boy, we're gonna roll the dice on this one. But here we go here with joke of the day.
Speaker 1: I hope we don't regret this.
Speaker 3: Here with joke of the day is Austin from W A m Z.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: How about this? Hey fellas?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 6: Al right, So a guy gets stranded up on a island from a deserted boat.
Speaker 1: Right, he's a deserted boat deserted. Its starting off real well.
Speaker 6: That bread on that's leaking from. A guy gets stranded on an island and all he's with is just a talking.
Speaker 3: Dog in a pig.
Speaker 6: Crazy boat. This guy. So, about a month goes by and you know, us man a month without and he start to get.
Speaker 3: A good people guys get lonely.
Speaker 1: That happens.
Speaker 6: This guy starts looking at the pig a little man. He decides to go ahead and make a move.
Speaker 1: Man's desperate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he decides to make a move on the pig. Come on, man, that dog comes out of nowhere, talking dog by the way, No, Jerry, you can't do this. What are you doing? That's an animal?
Speaker 1: Jerry?
Speaker 6: Hey, good for that jog com s r high morals for this canine. And and so he stops, Hey, you can't be doing this. That's a pig, man, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Good for that dog? Jerry?
Speaker 6: All right, all right, that sounds good. About another month goes by and he's saying, I'm gonna go ahead and make a move on that pig again. So tries to sneak up on the pig and what do you know, the dog comes out of no. Hey, what are you doing? Dude, I done told you this is this is not right. It's inhumane.
Speaker 3: Good dog, that's a pig. Good boy, good boy, good dog, good jog.
Speaker 6: Good uboo. So another month goes by, He's like, I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead and sneak up on this damn pig. I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, compass, what do you know?
Speaker 6: The dog steps in, like, dude, I told you you can't be doing this like you got you gotta stop.
Speaker 1: This is just a pig.
Speaker 6: You're a human. Don't do it.
Speaker 1: Good for the dog.
Speaker 6: Another three weeks later, this guy's wildest dreams come true. This beautiful blonde then get swept up perfect okay, everone and my prayers are answered? What thanks to himself? So she walks up to him and he says, excuse me, ma'am, you mind distracting.
Speaker 3: This dog for me?
Speaker 1: That is your joke of the day. December? What day is it? December twentieth twenty four?
Speaker 4: Date men's health guys, try state Men's health weekends are made for whoopee?
Speaker 1: Or is it?
Speaker 3: Do you suffer from ED?
Speaker 1: If you suffer from ED, suffer no more.
Speaker 4: I don't care if you're just starting to show the signs, or if maybe you've been full lout affected, go with the best when it comes to your treatment.
Speaker 3: The best is Try Statements. Why am I going to say that? Because they have a ninety.
Speaker 1: Did you hear me?
Speaker 4: A ninety percent success rate when it comes to treating ED at Try State Men's Health. Here's how your appointment's going. You pay ninety nine bucks, but hear me out, it's well worth it. You get blood work done. The good you'll sit down with your licensed medical professional within thirty In the less, you're going over your blood work. They explain all your numbers, your your PSA, your testosterol and everything in there. And here's the best part, it's risk free. They're gonna give you a test dose. If the test dose doesn't work, your money's refunded immediately to you. If it does work, and chances are it will because they have a ninety percent success rate to treating ED with Try State Meds, well, just apply it towards your plan.
Speaker 3: What's that mean? It means you've got nothing to lose but your love life to gain. Guys, get back in the bedroom, get back enjoying life. Do it with Try State mads go to try statements health dot com. Stick around more on the way, including news at the Bottomy Hour, as we.
Speaker 4: Broadcast live from Shady Rays in the Oxmoor Center News Radio eight forty whas for those on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Foreigners playing right, yeah, we'll get hey.
Speaker 4: News Radio eight forty whas. It's the perfect day to come to Shady Rays and put all those shopping to rest today only today, only hear me out on this one. Buy to get fifty percent off. It gets better than that, loved ones. After you spend fifty bucks here, fifty bucks for more unlimited Did you hear me? Unlimited mystery boxes for only ten dollars a box. What's a mystery box? It's last year's models. These are fifty seventy eighty ninety dollars glasses that you're getting for ten dollars unlimited mystery box. How's that for a stocking stuffer?
Speaker 3: Come on boy to say hi. We're in the Oxmoor Center as.
Speaker 4: We welcome Jeff Callaway, but more importantly, Ethan Almighty, the dog that's known internationally.
Speaker 1: Did you how about that man? He's known around the world.
Speaker 8: Right, it's pretty it's pretty crazy when you go places and people know your dog.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I saw him at the laying the reef thing the other morning down at Zachary Taylor and he was a superstar by by far.
Speaker 3: We got a runner.
Speaker 2: He did give a he get My mother in law was standing next and he did the big headshake. Yeah, and one of those gigantic pieces of whatever that flim is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right on that, right right on the shirt. I was like, so she got a special she got a little present.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, let's let's talk about first of all, let's talk about, uh, the celebrity of Ethan and you, Ethan Almighty of the movie they've Can we talk about it yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they came in so the the production crew came in town to film the bird un Christmas Parade. Ethan and I were the grand marshals of the parade and in parts of that parade that they film will be in the movie.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, And rumor is that to play my wife in the movie. They're going after Jennifer Aniston? Is that true?
Speaker 6: I mean it's been talked about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is so crazy.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy because the best show for seven years, when we go Who's Your Hall Pass?
Speaker 1: Dwight always says Jennifer Anison.
Speaker 4: Roseanne Barb, and then Roseanne bar lost all the white Jenner Andiston. So film has already started and there's a great clip out there with footage that's gonna be used in the movie and looks quite brilliant.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they did a fantastic job. They were really happy with it. It was a little cold, but it really turned out really well. Bartstown showed out and there were a ton of people there and it was really fun experience. And they'll bring that same group back along with the rest of the production team in April mayish something like that to film the rest of the movie.
Speaker 3: So casting it's still going on. Production starts, so.
Speaker 1: This is like a streaming Netflix thing or is this a movie movie?
Speaker 8: So they one of the deals they made with some financing. There's a company out of Canada who likes to pick like eight to ten movies that they helped finance each year. Nathan's was one of them, so they helped financing. But one of the two kind of sticking points that they want is they want some named actors in it, and they wanted to have a theatrical release.
Speaker 1: It'll be in the Okay, perfect.
Speaker 3: So I would imagine the premiere might even be here in Louisville.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so the thought is that we would definitely have a premiere in Louisville, and then there may be a few around the country also, that's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's we got to shift gears here because I want you on. Let's talk about some bad news right now.
Speaker 3: What's going on.
Speaker 4: Ethan's Law. If you don't know about Ethan, who doesn't where you've been. But Ethan's Law was put in effect to stop torture and make torture and it's defined very specifically in this bill that became law, and yeah, it made it become a felony. Here's the issue. Though, you can have all the laws on the books you want. When judges don't enforce said law, then we have a problem. And of course, you know, we've got some horrible judges in Louisville, Kentucky and across the state. That's what's going on right now. Tell us about like maybe one example, because we've had people dead to rights on this and they've been dropped.
Speaker 6: And they've been dropped.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's also the responsibility of the prosecutors to prosecute the correct charges right in Trimble County and people may have seen this on the news recently. There was a gentleman in his name hasn't been released, but it's public record now because he's been charged Thomas Bagwell who put eleven puppies in a box, sealed it with pape and put it in the mit went the Soulfur dams Well.
Speaker 1: I told you about yesterday.
Speaker 4: That's what he started to tell me about and I said I can't hear it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thankfully, this was on December first, it was snowing outside. Thankfully, there was a FedEx driver who was actually in town, driving from Illinois, and I'm trying my best to get his name because I want to praise that guy who, instead of just running over that box, oh my gosh, stopped to move the box out of the way, found the puppies in there.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: They put out some information about trying to get some tips they found this person.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: The information I have is that he admitted on on tape doing it. So the charges are eleven. There were eleven puppies, eleven misdemeanors.
Speaker 4: Let me just go ahead and rewind for one second. I'm sorry to interrupt you. But I think it's imperative that I bring to the table.
Speaker 1: The point that they had him dead to write.
Speaker 3: They had conf the.
Speaker 8: Whole bit dead to rights. And the issue is so I reached eleven missed me. So I reached out to the county attorney there, her name is Crystal Hines, to get her comment about it, to make sure I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. And maybe they don't know about the new law. Maybe they don't know the specific statue. You know, specific things in the new law. So I reached out to talk to her UH to ask her if she understood the new law. She she knows about the new statue. I asked her if she would have a comment about why he was being charged with misdemeanors and not a felony, and she said that she had no comment on an ongoing case. So before we got off the phone with her, I wanted to make sure that I read to her number two in the new Ethan's Law, the new torture statue. Number two under torture, it's sealed in a plastic bag or box.
Speaker 3: There's no it's all black and white.
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 4: The judicial system is failing us on every level, whether it be carjackings, murderers, what have you even down to simply dead to rights, define cribs and they're changing it from felowy to misdemeanor.
Speaker 3: And I just don't understand it.
Speaker 8: It doesn't make it doesn't make a lot of sense, but you see it unfortunately throughout the state. I could not his He has a pre trial conference scheduled for January twenty first at nine am in Trimble County. Will be there to make sure that we can give a face to this law and make sure that these puppies story gets heard. If anyone out there would like maybe maybe the county attorney would would like to give them some information. Her email address is Crystal at Heinz law dot net HTI n z law dot net. Maybe she would like to give some other people some information. The frustration to me is the folk and this took a lot of work, the folks in Frankfurt.
Speaker 3: It took years, years and years.
Speaker 8: The folks in Frankfurt have have passed this law and told people, told the prosecutors, the judges in Kentucky, how we want.
Speaker 1: To adjudicate this statute.
Speaker 6: It's right here in black and white.
Speaker 3: Just do it right, Just do it.
Speaker 8: And if it goes to a grand jury and the people in Trimble County feel it's not a felony, then they won't indict him and it'll go back to a misdemeanor. But let the people decide if it's if it's a law Let the people decide whether it's a fella.
Speaker 4: Or do you think the motivation is with these judges because it's not just case, it's case after case after case.
Speaker 1: You and I.
Speaker 4: We talk quite often, and you track these cases. You show up with ethan, you sit in these courtrooms. What is this fascination with lawlessness? What do you It's unexplainable to me.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: What I have found, to be honest with you, is I go around the state most as we're waiting for the case that we're there for. Most of the things we see eighty to ninety percent of it is drug related, h okay, And a lot of it is some marijuana.
Speaker 1: Stuff, pills.
Speaker 8: The biggest percentage of that isn't even heavy stuff, yeh. And those people they're keeping in jail, and these people that have committed these violent crimes and at least fifty percent of the people that we are going around to see have something else attached to it, whether it's domestic violence, terroristic threatening, something along those lines, and we're just letting them out.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a different mindset, I will say Louisville and Lexington there's a mindset. And then when you get out in the state, sadly, there is a there's a different mindset of what animals are for and what their value is.
Speaker 1: That's just a fact.
Speaker 2: People grow up on a farm, they have different attitudes. Dog fighting was still is still a thing in Kentucky. That's not a and if you talk to I've talked to smart people that have a brain that have gone they grew up out there in eastern Kentucky and said no, no, no, I mean that's a sport.
Speaker 1: That's what we do.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, that's insane. But there's a different mindset about in the state than it is here in Well and.
Speaker 8: Part of that mindset is that animals my property. Correct, I can do whatever I want and I can go along with that. I've told people this before. If you want to, I can go along with that argument. If those people can then also acknowledge that there's a difference between your car and your dog. I can go out there and beat the crap out of the car and it's not a crime. I go out there and do that to my dog. It should be a crime. But you know some of the things that you know, we go in for some domestic violence things because some of these are involved in it. And I'm standing there next to, you know, a victim of domestic violence who also their dog has been beaten and killed, and we're just letting and this person has a five six pages of a record of not showing up the court. He's got a warrant in Florida, an active felony warn in Florida. He's got warrants in other counties and Jefferson County, and we're that's a great point.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a great point because if you were abusing animals there, you're doing other stuff you have for first of all, you have psychological issues, right like you probably needed you need.
Speaker 1: To be on a list somewhere.
Speaker 4: Well, that was that was something that was critical and important when it came to Ethan's Law. Is when you look at serial killers, massive abusers, whatever it might be, oftentimes more times than not.
Speaker 3: It starts on animals.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: There's there's a person that has been indicted under the new torture statue named Hagen Penman in Grard County. He's been indicted for several different things. One of them is a persistent felony offender and this torture statute and.
Speaker 6: Some other domestic violence things.
Speaker 8: And he's I think this guy's in his twenties.
Speaker 3: Like I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying this guy. People like that will hurt somebody.
Speaker 1: They have other stuff in their life.
Speaker 2: It's a marker. It's a it's a it's a red flag and a marker to be on a list. If you will abuse puppies, then you you're gonna abuse anybody. That's just like they treat cop killers worse, because if you'll kill a cop, you'll kill anybody.
Speaker 1: So, uh, it's it's the same way.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see a list, Like, Okay, if you're not gonna put them in jail, then fine, let's put a national list of animal abusers.
Speaker 1: Well we're creating.
Speaker 8: I'm keeping track of at least folks in Kentucky, and so we're gonna know the counties that they were charged in. What they were charged with details of the crime, the prosecutor, the judge, and what the outcome of that is. And if there are if there are people that we need to recognize because they're not doing a good job, we can do that. And if there are people that we can recognize because they're doing a good job, we can put their names out there.
Speaker 3: Also, let's talk.
Speaker 4: Let's end on a good note though, you and Ethan you've been warriors for for animals and through his story you get a lot of stuff done, news, bade, neutering, clinics and stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we talked about some positive stuff, you know, so in the last so we're getting close to the end of December, and up to this point we've helped about one hundred and seventy seven dogs and cats in our community doing free spay and.
Speaker 2: Neuter, which, by the way, what's the math going out if you just spading near to a one seventy seven? How many did you really help by not having birth?
Speaker 8: And that's what we love about doing it. I've got a wonderful group of people that come and they're so happy to be a part of it. Uh So we're looking forward to doing some even bigger and better things next year. We got some really cool things already h in the hopper for next year. I did want to mention since we're in and on a really good note. Uh so Ethan's bourbon. You can now go to Ethanolmighty dot com and click the Lincoln. You can buy it online and have it ship. But it's also as of today you can purchase it in local liquor barn stores. Oh wow, Jefferson Commons, Middletown, Fern Valley Springers and eatew.
Speaker 3: I like it all right.
Speaker 4: Listen, jeff Callaway, Ethan, Almighty God bless you say. Thank you for doing good for the neighborhood. Thank you for being a watchdog pun intended. Hey, loved ones. How's your home furnishings?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 4: Are you putting blankets over your sofa when you have company over? That's what we used to do. Just go to Sims SIMS. I love my SIMS furniture. You're gonna love your SIMS furniture and listen to these deals. Think you can't afford a new living room suit?
Speaker 1: Think again?
Speaker 4: How about this a love seat and a sofa only eight hundred and ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Let's make it better.
Speaker 4: Let's get a three pack of tables, two packs of lamps, let's throw in an area rug. It's just twelve ninety nine. How's that bedroom looking? It can look spectacular. You gotta see these bedroom sets. I'm talking about a seven piece bedroom set that includes queen bed.
Speaker 3: A dresser, a mirror, a chest of drawers.
Speaker 4: A nightstand, all of that seven pieces, nine hundred and ninety nine dollars. That's incredible, and you're gonna love the way that these bedroom sets look absolutely beautiful. Smart TVs, they got them, and they're all discounted right now for Christmas. Going by Sims Furniture, one M Sims Dixie Highway, Preston Highway.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love your Sims Furniture back in just a few minutes. News Radio eight forty d w h A S