Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: What else is going on?
Speaker 3: Time four? What's happening?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 5: These strong happening by Abner Gas water damage, fire damage Furglory called public Adjuster Abner gap eight one eight nine one seven five two five.
Speaker 1: Six The strongest wind event of the season possible in southern California this week. We've got a wind event. They've put a warning up tomorrow ten am through Thursday six pm. They say it's going to be the two to ten corridor from Silmar to Azusa that will be hit the hardest. We've got a lot of fuel, a lot of dry conditions, and gus up to eighty miles per hour.
Speaker 5: Not just us, they're saying it's going to affect venturists and a barbers and Lucibispo counties as well. Maximum temperatures are going to be about five to ten degrees cooler Wednesday, there'll be much less cold air advection you know what that means, no do and mass temperatures will rise by about the same five to ten degrees Back up on Wednesday, keep an eye on your forecast, and they say, of course there is a possibility of public safety power shutoffs, but.
Speaker 3: You can check that out when you contact so Calaitus.
Speaker 1: Advection is the transport of a substance or quantity by bulk motion of a fluid.
Speaker 2: What was supposed to be what was the avection thing?
Speaker 3: There will be less cold air advection.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're using it correctly.
Speaker 5: Well, you get that National Weather Service on the horn, could we and give them a little tongue lash.
Speaker 1: The cold air avection is the movement of colder air into a warmer region by the wind. Why can't they just say it's going to be colder the wind. The wind's going to move the cold air.
Speaker 5: In a very sad story out of Orange County Fire Authority yesterday, a veteran firefighter died after cardiac arrest working on a residential structure fire down in goon and Neguel Fire Apparatus Engineer Kevin Skinner was working that fire just about five in the morning. He experienced a sudden medical emergency. Obviously firefighters were right there, duh. They immediately performed life saving measures. He was transported to a nearby hospitals.
Speaker 2: Survived by wife and three kids.
Speaker 5: Small plane crashed in the backyard in Temple City. They looked like this plane was headed towards the San Gabriel Valley Airport, crashing into a single story family home. Not clear how many people were on board at the time of the crash, but they said that it caught a tree and that the tree prevented it from actually hitting the house, which is pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: The woman who killed Selina wants parole, to which I say, let her out, because then it'll be the death penalty she will be. There will be a hit on her as soon as she is a free person. In fact, that's what she says should be the reason she's paroled. She has told the parole board that she has a bounty on her head inside or outside, Yolanda, people want you dead.
Speaker 5: You killed Selena. Remember that was the weirdest story. She was the president of the fan club.
Speaker 2: And was extorting a bunch of money.
Speaker 5: And Selena confronted her about it, and she claimed that he The shooting itself was an accident. I just happened to have a gun in my hand, pointed at the person who's fan club.
Speaker 3: I Am the founder of or president.
Speaker 5: Of Congestion Pricing, has been making headlines in New York City. This measure is going to charge people as much as nine bucks to enter Manhattan during peak hours. They said it's supposed to bring some sort of traffic relief to Manhattan, the worst traffic in the world in New York in twenty twenty three. An advocates say that this nine bucks, again that's the maximum, but the nine bucks would raise somewhere about fifteen billion dollars for upgrades to the transit system there in New York. They said that it will ease traffic, that will improve air quality, and they also hope that it's going to reduce.
Speaker 3: The number of traffic fatalities.
Speaker 5: More than two hundred and fifty people died in traffic accidents in New York City just last year, including one hundred and fifteen pedestrians who were hit and killed by cars.
Speaker 1: So Three Kings Day in southern California today Dia delos Reyes. It is a Latin tradition honors the day the Three Kings found the newborn Jesus.
Speaker 3: I mean he wasn't lost. They may have been.
Speaker 2: They followed the star, not like the pink bow.
Speaker 3: Here traditional oval shaped sweetbread rosca de Reyes.
Speaker 5: Big part of the festivities, part of the tradition is that inside each of the roscas is a small baby Jesus figure. Oh yeah, hidden within the dough. And whoever gets the baby Jesus gets.
Speaker 1: A party or throws the party. I think it goes gets to throw upon Yeah, exactly. That's always fun to put a little chokable toy in your food, Right, you're shoveling that down?
Speaker 2: What's that all? What's out in my mouth?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's I just broke a tooth. Oh it's a baby Jesus.
Speaker 3: I saw this on I think Friday.
Speaker 5: They were talking about getting some of these sweetbreads ready because it takes a while to prepare, and the guy doing the bakery owner had a like a tub of little plastic baby Jesus Is, Baby Jesi, baby baby Jesus Is.
Speaker 1: I would just say, baby Jesus, plastic toys just to Jesus, plastic void any blasphemy with Jesus igh and Jesus'.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and they're all choking hazards.
Speaker 2: They are, but hey, it's tradition.
Speaker 3: You could put a bigger one in there. That's but then I guess it.
Speaker 1: Takes a fun of it because this way you can't really fun. Huh, you can't really It takes the fun out of the Himleck. This way you can't really see where which slice the baby Jesus is in hind Leck, I don't know what it's called about a doctor kidding. Tell me about the cheeseburgers. So you to I love a McDonald's cheeseburger.
Speaker 5: Eighth of January, that is Wednesday, you can get a special deal. One in eight Americans who have worked for a McDonald's there, so they're using one eight to celebrate, and all six hundred McDonald's restaurants throughout southern California will offer a one dollar and eight cent cheeseburger if you go through the app. You got to go through the app, so it's one of the ways they're going to get you to sign up for the app.
Speaker 3: Is but a dollar eight.
Speaker 4: By Guaria Channon, It's Charlie listened to you out in Texas, very cold Texas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fart lick was a exercise technique we use in cycling.
Speaker 3: Is great for building speed and endurance. Yeah, but a super funny name. Part lick. You should fart lick today, I will.
Speaker 2: She should fart lick with your wife.
Speaker 5: No, she's a runner, yeah, but not that she doesn't want to do what she is and it would be embarrassing. Yeah, but she also wouldn't want to do what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Is because I'm doing sprints.
Speaker 2: Today, right, Well, that's fart licking. That's oh my gosh, you guys. I am cracking up over here listening to you talk about fartles because I'm a runner, so I'm very familiar with training intervals like that. But oh my god, oh thank you for the laugh. Uh, good luck with your fartlegs.
Speaker 1: See, I feel like you're in the minority with this fanatical pronunciation.
Speaker 6: Fish Shannon, Gary Dave and sacremony again. I actually own a fish and equipment company that specializes in kill bags that whole tuna and other fish shout out to dechand sportscand that fish can say below forty degrees up to six months. Oh wow, you know, obviously colder the better you can freeze them.
Speaker 3: But uh we old fish and kill.
Speaker 6: Bags for days upon days covered a nice wow.
Speaker 4: See it?
Speaker 1: Well okay, but okay, so I have a follow up question, is it Dave. Yeah, but this this fish was out of its kill bag. How long can it? I guess just for the auction how long can a fish that size last outside of a kill bag before you go to put it back in there and douse it with ice.
Speaker 5: Well, I would also assume that they're the auction place. It's very cold.
Speaker 3: It's cold.
Speaker 5: It's very cold, and maybe that's why they don't. I'm just worried about the the food safety of the.
Speaker 4: Chad in lay, so about the tunas. Most of these boats. I do a lot of tuna fishing here locally, soakl goes out of San Diego. Most of these boats have an r SW refrigerated salt water take hold. If you get the tuna, you properly dispatch it, kill it, bleed it, gut it, kill it, and then you put it into the SW saltwater tank. It's usually about a thirty two degrees in the water and that's what keeps your fish sushi fresh.
Speaker 3: There there you go.
Speaker 2: Now, I want some sugarfish, salmon sashimi.
Speaker 5: Salmon I ever had with salmon that was caught it and within ten minutes of it being pulled out of the water. Yeah, he had sliced off little raw pieces for us to eat, and then the rest of it we took back to the to the cabin an hour maybe hour and a half later and cooked it up.
Speaker 2: It's like butter butter.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, love the show.
Speaker 3: Hey you glad you guys. We're back from vacation.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got the baby juices this morning, so in the party.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what the of course? Good?
Speaker 1: H Yeah, well, congratulations on the baby juice. I have a question about the sweetbreads. What do you put in them or on top of them? They're variations.
Speaker 3: I do not know.
Speaker 5: I've seen different things and I can't tell if it's candy or if it's veged.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're too white.
Speaker 3: We're too white.
Speaker 2: Tackle the too.
Speaker 3: Speaking of tackle football.
Speaker 2: Don't call me gringo in there, it's pejorative.
Speaker 5: NFL playoff field is now finalized. Among other things, we know that the Chargers are gonna play in Houston on Saturday afternoons.
Speaker 1: Plastic Baby Jesus in the sweetbreads for giving me an indoor stadium and not Baltimore. I know it's not about me, Plastic Baby Jesus, but.
Speaker 3: The rest of Houston may be very cold.
Speaker 5: Still, the rest of Houston, I mean to and from the stadium could could get kind of.
Speaker 2: Nad Did I drop in on your daughter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she would love that.
Speaker 2: It says it's Houston for Saturday fifty degrees.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nothing, You got nothing to worry about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are two games on Saturday, the Chargers Texans, of course, is gonna be the first one. Steelers at the Ravens Man. How many times am I going to have to invoke the Mike Tomlin rule and then get punched in the face by the Mike Tomlin rule.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, the Steelers have been on their way down. Some could say, just like the Texans, they have not played well down the stretch. Russell Wilson running out the clock instead of freaking throwing it out of bounds or getting out of bound.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? What are you doing like you're a you're a veteran.
Speaker 1: That is what would Greg Williams say, because that is what Russell Wilson did. And you don't spend that many years in the league at quarterback and not understand the value of the clock. In that very situation, we're having.
Speaker 3: Some veteranm stupid out of veterans.
Speaker 4: So I can't wait to see young guys play, because guess what you.
Speaker 3: Can't be worse?
Speaker 2: Is there a call for justin fields at all in Pittsburgh? I wonder. I don't know. I haven't been paying attention to the Pittsburgh media.
Speaker 5: Those are the two games on Saturday. Then on Sunday you've got three games. Broncos at the Bills, that's going to be a cold game, Packers at the Eagles, and then the Commanders at the Buccaneers on Sunday evening.
Speaker 1: I'm curious about Baker is playing with his hair on fire, but that is a good Buccaneers team. I'm just curious about that. I mean, there's gonna be some upsets. There always is usually, but it's always fascinating because you look at the schedule and you feel like it's a no brainer almost, but it's not. I thought last night game was gonna be razor thin close, and it was not.
Speaker 5: The Rams get to host a game on Monday night, they'll the final game for that first weekend of playoffs. Is the Vikings coming into town to take on the Ram?
Speaker 1: Could it be that Kevin O'Connell with the Vikings is playing chess with the Lions, knowing they'll see them again. Knock off the Rams, Yeah, beat the Commanders, end up playing them again or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wait, no, they would, Yeah, they would win. They would meet in the conference championship.
Speaker 5: I guess which is down the road. I mean, it's still that would be pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: But the Eagles are going to be really hard to beat.
Speaker 5: By the way, we are going to do our Gas Fantasy for play but as we have done for the last several years, that first weekend of playoffs turns into the Gas Fantasy six pack. Because there will be six games. It's harder to pick all six. You mentioned it. It's a given that there will be some upsets. You just got to be able to figure out which one, which game, game games which games will be upsets. There is a football game tonight, but it is the college kind. This one is going to be the FCS title game between the North Dakota State Bison and the Montana State Bobcats.
Speaker 2: You've said that about four times.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, it sounds like it like you got some skin in that game. You got some prize picks action. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Just saying two hundred and fourteen and a half yards for the quarterback for North Dakota State.
Speaker 2: I was in easy pick there. It's not a problem.
Speaker 1: I was in the elevator last night at thet I almost said the coliseum at Allegiance Stadium in Vegas and taking the elevator up from the field to the press box and the elevator operator there's a bunch of us in there. He starts talking as Pittsburgh comes up, and I was like, ah, they's just been they's just been not been good down the stretch.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I hate Russell Wilson. I hate him. And we're like all of us are like why do you hate Russell Wilson. He's like, oh, he's a bum blah blah blah. Yeah yeah, And.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I've never heard anyone go so hard on Russell Wilson. I was like, yeah, man, settled down, Like he's not that bad of it. He's actually a good guy and blah blah. He's like, no, he's trash.
Speaker 2: He's trash. I'm like, what what happened?
Speaker 1: And he's like, well, I lost a big bed on the Steelers last night. I was like, Okay, I was like, I've never heard somebody with such passion one way or the other about Russell Wilson.
Speaker 5: Goodness, but that makes sense when we come back a quick roundup of the storm stuff that's going on back east and why we have seen such incredible travel delays associated with all that.
Speaker 1: Hey, I wanted to revisit this fuck Sports lawsuit, this culture of just ass hattery that apparently goes on at Fox Sports. They started to break yesterday early evening, and it's from a former Fox Sports hairstylist that has accused multiple people at Fox Sports of sexual misconduct men women alike. This is a woman by the name of Nushin Frahi. Frahi worked for the company as a hairstylist part timer from twenty twelve to twenty sixteen and then full time from twenty sixteen to August of twenty twenty four. Now, Skip Bayless, I don't know him, I don't watch him. I see the snippets, I see him with his hot takes, what have you. He was a host of Undisputed for a long time. Is kind of at the center of this. She accuses Skip Bayless of offering her one point five million dollars to have sex with her. She says that she would cut his hair or what have you, in that he would grab her hands, kiss them, hug her, rub up against her breasts, and asked for sex for one point five million dollars. She rebuffed him. She said, I don't I don't date people I work with. She did it time and time again, to the point of her saying, look, I've got ovarian cancer.
Speaker 2: This is not happening.
Speaker 5: How do you come up with a one point five million dollar offer for that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I mean that's well, I guess the one million dollars is a little antiquated after what was that movie with.
Speaker 2: Robert Redford and indecent proposals?
Speaker 3: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so one million is kind of like the early nineties going rates right, one point five is where we're at more today, Okay.
Speaker 5: She also claims that one of the hosts at FS one Joy Taylor, was using relations sexual relationships with a former NFL co host, former NFL Star co host Emmanuelacho, and network executive Charlie Dixon to further her career, and you pointed out if that's the case, then she was doing it on two different levels. Among she was banging around with another talent guy, but also banging around with management, this network executive. And in this lawsuit, the hairdresser claims that Joy Taylor was going to protect her job at the network by fabricating a sexual misconduct allegation against the executive against Charlie Dixon.
Speaker 1: This is going to ruin thing for hairstylists nationwide. Well, the hair salon is where you go to spill out all the beams. Tell the hairstylist seting they're really great listeners.
Speaker 3: Really they have to be done.
Speaker 1: I spend time in the hair salon getting this hair to look this color every month, and I sit there and I listen to these women just pour out their hearts and souls and lives to the hairstylists and they know everything. Now, I've never heard stuff like this be told to the hairstylists, But I would think if you were trying to sleep your way to the top on two different planes, one with a bigger personality than you. I mean personality in terms of who gets paid more at the network and Emmanuel Atcho, and the other plane being the executive who makes the decisions, who gets the roles when it comes to the talent, Why would you ever tell anybody that.
Speaker 5: That's part of why the lawsuit itself doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't know if she, like you said with Skip Baalis, I don't know, if he ever actually made this, she could, you could file super sure, but why would Why would Joy Taylor say that to her? Even in confidence, even if it was your friend. It just seems like, yeah, well.
Speaker 2: I guess if you're that gross type of human.
Speaker 3: If you're sloppy with your love like.
Speaker 1: That, you're confident and you think that you can just tell the little people anything and they'll think it's fabulous.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And she was there for a long time.
Speaker 5: She was She worked part time at Fox Sports for like four years and then was hired full time for four years, so she's been there for several years.
Speaker 3: So she's known these people for quite a while.
Speaker 5: The lawsuit specifically says that Joy Taylor told her once Charlie Dixon was no longer useful to her, she would follow through on her plan to tell the company that he forced himself on her.
Speaker 3: According to this lawsuit, again, that is awful.
Speaker 1: That is awful because it makes all the women who are forced themselves upon, Yeah, makes their stories watered down, because then you cann't always have the Joy Taylor defense, right if you know what I mean, Like, well, look at what happened here, not that it would be relevant, but see it plants seeds of doubt. Stories like this plant seeds of doubt for women who this legitimately happens to.
Speaker 5: The whole thing of a place like that, where all of these secrets are just known, they're not secrets, you know. I mean that it seems like, according to this lawsuit, everybody in the building knew what was going on. Everybody knew they knew what Joy Taylor was about, or these allegations about her were true, and that there were plenty of these relationships going on, even one point where she said that when she met with Joy Taylor and Charlie Dixon at the same time, they were getting drinks in Santa Monica or something, she suspected that they were sleeping with each other. And although this concerned the hair stylist, she knew that Joy Taylor had been recently married apparently, and was still getting it on with these other guys. She kept her opinions to herself. She said she was out of fear of reprisal. Silkwood scrub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 5: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app