Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Can I say one thing about Hillary?
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know who her plastic surgeon is, but they are spectacular.
Speaker 2: She's mid seventies.
Speaker 4: Yeah. See bad plastic surgery.
Speaker 5: You look at a cleft in someone's chin and realize the belly button.
Speaker 4: It can get pretty bad.
Speaker 6: But I think it mostly comes from the blood of young children.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go, and now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 5: Good morning everybody, Bill Handle here and the morning crew.
Speaker 4: It is a guess what day it is? Yep? Wednesday? Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike? One day?
Speaker 5: Is it hompday? All right, enough of that. I love doing this every Wednesday. Kno, good morning. We're starting with you again again again.
Speaker 4: This will be a calendar. This, this is it.
Speaker 5: Okay, enjoy yourself, Amy, good good morning to you. Well I Phil, Yeah, thank you, Hello to you. She even sounded a little and looked a little bit like she meant that we know the differend Neil, good morning exactly.
Speaker 4: By the way, do you have is that finger bleeding? Is that why you're showing it to me?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I'm saying your number one.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you, thank you very much. Well, how about this your number two? Your number two?
Speaker 4: I just doubled. I have a collection.
Speaker 6: Photos of you flipping me off over the decades that I've worked here. Yeah, a lot of you, Yeah, dozens of them.
Speaker 4: I'm jan good morning, good morning. Oh wow, what I know.
Speaker 5: That's so calm. That's so calm that the xanax? Did you take a little bit too late?
Speaker 2: You have some?
Speaker 4: I always have some.
Speaker 5: I have them, all es, sure, limit Let me you can look that up anti seizure the rudder.
Speaker 7: She has to be calm when the rest of us.
Speaker 5: That's true, all right, guys the DNC last night, I'll talk about that at seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: A story about.
Speaker 5: Teens driving exactly fits my profile and how teens don't drive.
Speaker 4: And we've got a lot going on today. And Kamala Kamala.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry I mispronounced her name, and I shouldn't because too many people do mispronounce her name. Kamala Harris and her price gouging plan, why uh not a good idea at all? And why people think it's communist, which, by the way, it is, Well it isn't. Per se communist, but it's pretty left wing. I have to tell you that social absolutely.
Speaker 7: What communist adjacent?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's very strong. That's very strong. All right, guys, Uh, let's do it. It is time for handle on the news on this hump day Wednesday. It's Neil, it's Amy, it's me lead story omob. Well, last night was convention a number two and it's being described as a party, and it really was. It wasn't even even the delegates, sort of the state party leaders who gave the delegate vote, of course to Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: Well, she already won.
Speaker 5: I mean it was strictly it's like going to the city hall getting a license getting married and then you have the kumbaya affair where everybody puts their hands around the tree and chance uh and then you have some shaman witch doctor person actually perform the ceremony.
Speaker 7: Well, they've all been holding their nose.
Speaker 6: For the longest time, going I am going to vote for a dead man now.
Speaker 5: True, you're right. That's one of the reasons I think they partied. Also, I think they partied because they now are looking at.
Speaker 4: A possible win. Uh and if it and and if the.
Speaker 5: Uh if the numbers keep on rising for her, if the polls keep on rising, and it's not just a honeymoon, yeah, it's going to be.
Speaker 4: It's all.
Speaker 5: It's changed completely from where the Democratic Party was. I mean, over a night it changed. Okay, I'm sorry. They were celebrating, they were partying. There were rappers up there, there was music. They almost looked like a Kinsion Eira every time someone spoke. And there's a different song for every delegation. I don't know if they paid paid rights for that, but they could have just had this land is My Land.
Speaker 4: Over and over and over again.
Speaker 7: People love musicians love their music being played.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well, there are a couple of that, you know, not said no to Trump, But for the most part, I think they do.
Speaker 6: What happened on he is Yeah, you didn't get I'm Proud to be an American?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but that was Was that written for Trump or the campaign? Who is the guy Greenwood?
Speaker 4: Did he write it or not? Has that been around forever?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He wrote it in the eighties.
Speaker 4: It's a gorgeous song. I love that. But it's a fantastic song.
Speaker 5: Okay, uh yeah, let's go ahead and I'll do more about this night two of What Happened Last.
Speaker 2: Night, Disney's backing down on this one.
Speaker 3: Disney is a reverse course tied to a wrongful death loss suit that was filed by a widower of a woman who died because she had an allergic reaction to something she ate at a restaurant at one of the Disney resorts. Disney had said, you know, you really can't file a lawsuit because a couple of years ago you signed up for a one month trial of Disney Plus and in the terms and conditions, you agreed to arbitration.
Speaker 5: For any Disney related related and they said, because of that, you're going to arbitration. And the publicity, the optics, the negative publicity was.
Speaker 4: Overwhelming and widely.
Speaker 5: Why do people, especially wrongful death cases, why do they want to go in front of a jury, because you've got dad and children crying, making statements put out you don't want to go in front of a jury. Where's arbitrators? You know they look at the facts. They've hurt it all.
Speaker 6: So you know, who was very loud on this one is groups that are surrounded by allergy groups, food allergy groups because I follow a lot of them because of the Fork report, a lot of them were very loud on this, saying hey, we need protection on this, and this is a massive case.
Speaker 7: It was actually loud on social media.
Speaker 4: You have protections liability all over the place.
Speaker 6: Yes, but the fact is that a lot of people poo poo these things still when it comes to food allergies.
Speaker 7: And you know, they were very loud.
Speaker 6: But Disney, you know, whoever was smart enough to see that and back off of that.
Speaker 4: I've seen.
Speaker 5: I have been with someone who had a severe food allergy and to watch someone where it can be life threatening, I mean just red puff up can't breathe. It's hugely entertaining. I have to tell you to see something like that happen, and if.
Speaker 6: You apologize for giving them peanuts and soy, no curious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know I am thinking about this was raspberries, by the way.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move.
Speaker 7: On, all right.
Speaker 6: So, Ukraine launched one of the largest ever drone attacks on Moscow just this morning, with Russian air defense units destroying at least ten of the drones flying towards the capital. Kiev has stepped up its air attacks obviously on Russian territory over the past few months, saying it aims to destroy infrastructure key to Moscow's war effort.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's going the other way, at least for that part of the war. Ukraine now has weapons and Russia it's all.
Speaker 4: No one in Russia wants to fight this war.
Speaker 5: It's towards It's like the latter end of the Vietnam War for US. No one wanted to go.
Speaker 4: We do one more.
Speaker 2: I think yep, so deal or no deal. It's looking like it might be no deal.
Speaker 3: President Biden has accused Hams of backing away from a hostage deal with Israel would create a ceasefire in Gaza.
Speaker 2: Yeah yah ya.
Speaker 3: Sinoar believes the latest round of negotiations is a bluff meant to grant Israel more time to continue its military offensive.
Speaker 5: Now look at this, if this makes sense, Okay, this is a bluff of what Israel is saying.
Speaker 4: All right, fair enough, I mean you're on different sides.
Speaker 5: No one believes anybody, however, this is a bluff so Israel.
Speaker 4: Can continue the offensive.
Speaker 5: What if you don't have an agreement like they don't want doesn't the military offensive continue anyway?
Speaker 4: So it's all crap what we're hearing.
Speaker 5: Each side accuses the other comes up with I mean Netanyahu, he was interviewed and the issue was the aid that was not coming into Gaza because you had those thousands of food trucks lined up with humanic tarian aid. Netanyahu actually said, it's a myth. We are helping humanitarian aid going in. We are not stopping it. As a matter of fact, our soldiers are helping them.
Speaker 4: No, it's just.
Speaker 5: You know, I wish, well, I wish it was not to Neatayahu, and but I think you can go to the same clay. I think it's legitimate for Israel to say, hey, we're not caving in. We want Hamasta disappear, which it won't. Okay, there, I see I spin off and I go into these political Daya tribes.
Speaker 4: But we'll come back to it, all right.
Speaker 6: City of Los Angeles they've agreed to pay twenty point eight million dollars for what to fix issues with the Hyperion water reclamation plant and to complete related environmental projects that are linked to the discharge of millions of gallons of poopy wastewater into Santa Monica Bay. Gosh, Santa Monica has so much garbage in and out of the water right now. July of twenty twenty one, if you remember, the headworks became inundated with debris, causing wastewater to flood the area. So the Hyperion's relief system was triggered in about twelve point five million with an m gallons of untreated wastewater. That means straight up pope and pee into the Santa Monica.
Speaker 5: Yea, it's Have you ever been to the Hyperion plant. It's fascinating, It is utterly fascinating. Just can you imagine the size of that plant and the pipes, and you know you have shut off valves that you turn on and off the water. They are in the shape of giant toilet handles, and that was a real problem for them, which is why part of this twenty one million dollars is going to go to replace.
Speaker 7: Those good smart Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh did you know?
Speaker 5: Boy? That real quick on about Hyperion, the Hyperion plant. I think I saw this, you could check it on the internets. Is that the Hyperian plan has capacity to have twice the population of Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: I just believe. And it's all.
Speaker 5: Gravity too, It's all gravity. There are no pumps, it literally is. It goes from the valleys, the high valleys down and enough water pressure where it's just get gravity fed.
Speaker 4: You can look that one up to.
Speaker 7: Okay, why do you know that?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I have absolutely no idea. Who was it?
Speaker 5: I talked about Typhus the other day. He said, oh, yeah, will be right. Nineteen twelve died of typhus. Do you know how long Orville lived till? No? How long nineteen forty eight is when he died, or thirty eight.
Speaker 4: Could be I was born eighty.
Speaker 5: It could be thirty eight instead of forty eight, but anyway, died of type his popcorn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's forty eight, by the way, Oh it is forty eight. Okay, I was right the first time out.
Speaker 6: I just got the conot You have to go with your first instinct.
Speaker 4: That's the way you take tests too. Don't go back. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 3: Baby food doesn't necessarily equal healthy food. A new study shows that supermarket baby food is packed with non nutritious things, including too much sugar and salt, and also it makes misleading marketing claims. A new study found that sixty percent of the six hundred and fifty one foods marketed to kids between the months of six and thirty six on ten different supermarket shelves in the US failed to meet World Health Organization nutritional guidelines for infant and toddler foods.
Speaker 5: Hey, Neil, don't you have to put that label on everything that's sold in a supermarket ingredients label? Yeah, and that's the It includes the percentage of fat and salt, et cetera.
Speaker 7: It should be on everything.
Speaker 4: So I can't imagine it's not on baby food, So it is.
Speaker 5: It does or does not say that those that sugar and the salt is already listed and people just don't pay attention or they didn't put it in. And now we're talking crimes. Now, we're talking corporate felonies.
Speaker 7: I think it's on there.
Speaker 4: I think it is true.
Speaker 6: It's been a while, you know, maxis seven now, it's been a while, but they're six months.
Speaker 7: I think it's on there.
Speaker 6: And there's a lot of better options for you now than the big standard ones growing up. So you can get organic, you can get all kinds of small batch food as well, make your own, quite honestly, all right. Salvador placentia, yes, placentia whatever. He's that doctor that was charged in the Matthew Perry death. This is a weird thing. So he reopened his Calabasis medical clinic, but he didn't go into treat patients. And there's a sign on the door that says he is a defendant and a pending case no crap, and charged with felony offenses. He cannot prescribe and he controlled substance to substances, but he keeps his medical license, which I guess makes sense until.
Speaker 5: He's temporarily temporarily he's keeping his medical license, there's gonna be some real issues with him.
Speaker 4: I think he's going to probably lose it. And it's really all.
Speaker 5: You know. I don't know if law state law says that if you are a defendant and a criminal trial of this kind dealing with your doctorhood and dealing with moral turpitude, do you have to put a sign on the door that said you're a defendant and a pending case charged with a felony.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Why don't they just do it like a restaurant and put a D or something on the door, Yeah, you know, like a and the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this place is a D. Yeah. It's surprising that.
Speaker 5: What's crazy because I'll bet you some of the patients don't even know about placentia. Who watches the evening news anymore? How big a story was this. It's a big story for me because one of my best friends that's that's their family doctor.
Speaker 4: So they were Yeah, we found out.
Speaker 5: I was at their house when placentia came up on the screen and was charged.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they flipped out. They go, that's our doctor.
Speaker 5: That's our doctor, Anthony, Lauren Anthony and learn very very funny.
Speaker 4: I have a question Amy before we go.
Speaker 5: Ye during the break, you have to tell me the difference between placentia, placentia and placentau.
Speaker 4: You've you have to help me with that one.
Speaker 3: I just am going off of the pronouncers provided by the can't find news editors.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's not placenta.
Speaker 2: No, it's placentia.
Speaker 5: Okay, got its always wondering now, I always conflate you know, places and bodily functions.
Speaker 7: And part better than inflating the part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. That's a good point, all right.
Speaker 3: An unholy alliance. Donald Trump said he would certainly be open to Robert F. Kennedy Junior playing a role in his administration if RFK drops out of the twenty twenty four race and endorses Trump.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's horrible, that's terrible.
Speaker 5: This happens all of the time, and I don't know, Well, it's a story because I think it's Trump, but it constantly happens. You've got people that give a ton of money to a campaign. Strangely enough, they get to be ambassadors. How about that one. Political deals are cut constantly, especially for votes that a president desperately needs. Or it's just it's crazy to say that this is anything weird. It is absolutely regular practice, so you can't make a big deal about it. The only thing I really do like about this is the fact that it's in the open. Usually these things are sub rosa, under the table below rosa.
Speaker 4: And this we all know about.
Speaker 5: And so if RFK does endorse and he will get a cabinet position, we know.
Speaker 4: Where the endorsement came from. It was a deal that was cut. It's in the open.
Speaker 5: I love this somehow it's being I think it's somehow, and I don't even know because I haven't seen this that in liberal democratic.
Speaker 4: Circles, ooh, ooh, look at this.
Speaker 5: Isn't this horrible, It's not It's normal practice.
Speaker 6: Women in the United States are having babies less often, and the fertility rate reached a record low in twenty twenty three. This is according to data from the CDC.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 7: They've it's been trending down for decades.
Speaker 6: We saw a little bit of a dip in the during the Great Recession of two thousand and eight, but if you remember, there was that uptick in twenty twenty one where you know, the COVID baby bump thing was all the rage, but that has now dipped.
Speaker 5: It has been going on for decades and decades, the birth rate declining. We go back to nineteen eighty nineteen eighty when I wrote my first surrogency contract.
Speaker 4: It was with infertile people, of course.
Speaker 5: And the rate was at that point at fifteen percent of infertile couples had fertility problems.
Speaker 4: And that has exploded since then.
Speaker 5: I remember couples coming in and ago, you first have to go to a coming in and say we want to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Know, you first have to go to a doctor. You have to go through all the infertility treatments.
Speaker 5: I would ask the couple do you have a for example, do you have a spa one of those hot tubs in your yard?
Speaker 4: And if they said yes, I go.
Speaker 5: You can't use them because men in a hot tub, it does their balls hang low. Uh. That's a great song, but it's uh it does, heat does hurt. Oh, I'm digressing. Just some some reasons for this. I'll do a story a little bit later on. But the point is, infertility rates have climbed and climbed, and for those of us who made a business out of it, Uh, you know, it's not the worst thing in the world, is it.
Speaker 7: Wow? What would cause that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: A bunch of stuff. Age causes it. Uh.
Speaker 5: And then the infrato rate is exploded because people are having kids older, you know, in their forties.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: I was in my forties when my my kids were born, So that happens more and more women also, Uh. And women's eggs age. Men sperm don't particularly age women's eggs age. You know, a woman is born with every single egg she's ever gonna have.
Speaker 4: So men can produce children.
Speaker 5: In the seventies, eighties, nineties, even women well, menopause, and as someone gets into their thirties, mid thirties and beyond a woman, it's less and less of a chance of actually.
Speaker 4: Being being pregnant naturally, which I don't understand just how how does that work? Natural pregnancy?
Speaker 5: My kids were IVF, so whatever we had to do, we did it separately.
Speaker 4: And then and then had a blind eight.
Speaker 7: What I was married to you, I'd prefer that too.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah that was the case.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I go on and on and on, but it's it really is a huge, huge issue. Okay, coming up, we'll finish up handle on the news.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm being but particularly voluable tonight this warning? Aren't I voluble? Yeah? I think voluble? Is that the right word? Talkative? Hey, sirih what's a seminent cinnamon sement?
Speaker 7: Hey, Serien's cinnamm for words?
Speaker 5: What is the sinnyon him for talkative? Okay, we'll find out. Loquacious okay, garrulous, voluble that's number two.
Speaker 3: Voluble Okay, characterized by ready or rapid speech.
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 4: Did I call it?
Speaker 2: What you did? That was beautiful?
Speaker 7: Conway.
Speaker 6: Conway refers to Krozier as the king of volume. That's actually it's a little bit different.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 5: Well. I one of my dear friends in England, his wife was maybe twenty pounds overweight. He was probably eighty pounds overweight, and he would always use the Royal EU obesity when referring to her, Yes, your obesity.
Speaker 3: Okay, So one of the best mementoes of travel is going away. The European Union's Commissioner for Home Affairs has announced that the EU is going to switch to a electronic entry and exit system known as the EEES later this year, and that means that there will no longer be a stamp requirement for most tourists for their visas or for their passports. So they say, at every single airport, yeah, every single harbor, every single road, we're going to have digital border controls.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And as you said, it's a memento.
Speaker 5: There's nothing like a passport that shows where the countries you've been in so you can relive except that if you have people just show the passport and it reads everything going into a country passport control. I mean, it's all electronic now face recognition, and it does stand one of the things that there's two You can go through one section of passport control and then you can go through the other section where they stamp it. There's all how often is there a line on the stamp part versus the electronic part.
Speaker 4: That's the point, unfortunately, but You're right, what a momentoy? It was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't have plans till maybe next year. And I wanted Max to be able to get some stamps on his passport.
Speaker 7: But ooh, all.
Speaker 6: Right, wells Fargo is set to sell the majority of its commercial mortgage service business to global loan service provider Trimont, and the move would make Trimont the largest loan servicer in the US industry.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me throw a couple of things in there. This is not mortgages. This is not holding mortgages. The other side of the mortgage business is mortgage servicing business, collecting the interest, the fees, doing all the administrative work. And so people are these big companies that own mortgages. They don't do anything. They just have borrowed money and they get interest back. So this is just that business. And the question is Tremont becoming the largest loan servicer.
Speaker 4: I don't know how big it's going to get.
Speaker 5: And as the government going to stop it because the market's going to share going to be too big with anti anti tis trust try trust lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Well we got some sticker shock.
Speaker 3: LA Clippers fans have always had relatively inexpensive tickets known as some of the most affordable in the NBA. But now they're going to be playing at the Intuit Dome starting in October for the twenty twenty four to twenty five NBA season. They just announced the schedule and announced pricing, and we'll just say that everybody's freaking out just a little bit because now they're super super expensive Clippers and Sons. On October twenty third, the tickets are going for between three hundred and eighty six and five hundred and seventy seven dollars on the one hundred level.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the White House is going to get in on this, saying this is price control because companies can't raise their prices to what they want to raise their prices and say, you want to come to the game, this is where we're at. Buy the ticket, don't buy the ticket. Isn't that sort of the capital system? Am I missing something here?
Speaker 7: Well, I just want everybody to shut the hell up about how expensive it is to go to Disneyland, because this is.
Speaker 2: I know, for two hours.
Speaker 6: Or two hours game and then you know, ten dollars hot.
Speaker 2: Dogs, twenty dollars beers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's get a mamie. Yeah, shoot a gold bar, which I've always wanted.
Speaker 7: I think they're pretty.
Speaker 6: But the price of a gold bar is worth a million dollars for the first time, if you do the math. This precious metal that we all love, gold is going nuts right now. The price of spot gold reached more than twenty five hundred dollars per troy ounce on Friday, record high, and that means that the average gold bar that weighs four hundred troy ounces carry the ones it's a million bucks?
Speaker 4: Yeap? What?
Speaker 5: And there are I don't know you can get for people that hold gold, you can actually get at the bars. You can hold bullion at home, and now you have a million dollars.
Speaker 4: What a paper weight? What a door stop? I mean, this is great stuff.
Speaker 7: I have some physical gold.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't announce that on the radio.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, you know, yeah, but people do.
Speaker 7: Trust me.
Speaker 6: You'd come into my house and you would leave quickly because all I have is crap that nobody wants.
Speaker 4: Hey, I have a question in terms of gold.
Speaker 5: I've often asked this to survivalists who keep gold in case the armageddon common they go, what the hell good is gold going to be? When the world falls apart. Explain that to me, what are you gonna do. You're gonna go out and buy stuff with gold?
Speaker 7: That's how it started. We always revert, you go.
Speaker 4: Buy no the country.
Speaker 5: We when economy goes down, gold prices go up. There's no question about that. When the stock market falls and the mortgage business falls, the gold prices go up. And so that's what's happening here. And by the way, it's only perception. Oh before we end, you know how gold prices are set, and they're set every day.
Speaker 4: You know where That happens.
Speaker 5: In London and there are about eight or eleven guys, maybe a woman now, who sit around a table and they determine what the price of gold is that day. It's not like a compilation of all the stocks.
Speaker 4: It's fascinating.
Speaker 5: It's a committee that determines the price of gold that day.
Speaker 4: You can look that one up to. Okay, guys, no.
Speaker 6: What metal you really want to start holding on to if there's any sort of drop that gets heinous here in the United States?
Speaker 4: Yeah, wrought iron?
Speaker 7: What lead is in bullets? Because that buys everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not a bad point.
Speaker 7: You can get anything with that. It's universally understood is.
Speaker 5: Wells that are already the lead that's already made into bullets is probably a little bit more valuable than the lead, for example, that you find in Flint, Michigan, in the river. Okay, we're done, guys, we are done. KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 5: Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.