Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show podcast. You can listen live every morning on one oh three point one in Austin or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Netflix is producing a series that I can't wait to see. I will probably get teared up. I got a little teared up when I saw that they're making it. We'll tell you what that is in just a second. It's the JB and Sandy Show. Thanks for being with us again. We're looking for followers on the TikTok.
Speaker 3: Friends. We picked up five more over the weekend.
Speaker 1: The TikTok because you called it the TikTok means we have no business being on the TikTok.
Speaker 3: I do it for effect.
Speaker 2: You can follow us on TikTok at JB, Sandy at X and when we get to that magical fifty follower.
Speaker 3: Mark, we're going live. We're going live, baby.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be like all the other idiots that are out there tiktoking live doing nothing.
Speaker 3: We don't have to do anything.
Speaker 2: You can just stand there and we can stare at each other, JB and people.
Speaker 3: We'll get into it.
Speaker 4: Hey, and I'm preparing myself for the Chinese to get in my business.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm ready for it. I am press. I'm ready for a war. Cyberward. Hey, guess what I'm doing later today?
Speaker 2: And it's I've been in Austin since what nineteen ninety five, and I play golf and I've never done this. Landry, our sixteen year old, and I are going to Butler Pitching Putts. Yeah, and boy is their website really gives you a great vibe of what they're all about. You know, like if you hit it out of bounds, it's a one stroke penalty and five push ups stuff like that. They rent the clubs to you for a dollar. Yeah, it's ten dollars or fifteen dollars to play. And then you go and they don't take any reservations or tea times. You go, you mark your ball with your name on it, You put it in the little thing that goes around and around and around, and when your ball comes out on the end, it's your turn to play. That's really cool, which is cool. So I've never been to Butler Pitching Putt.
Speaker 3: It's on.
Speaker 2: Riverside, like Riverside and Lamar is where it is, bart And Springs and Lamar bart And.
Speaker 3: Springs and Lamar. Well, yeah, I guess it goes to Riverside too. It's between bart And Springs and Riverside, right yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Right right around since nineteen forty nine.
Speaker 2: I know it's great. It's a little miniature golf course. I mean there's not a hole there that's longer than one hundred yards and you can play it in a couple hours and you walk and you just carry two golf clubs, and I think it's gonna be fun, be fun. It's all my list of things to do with my daughter in Austin before they're gone, because you know, like I was scared Dirty Martin's was going away. Took her there, took her to Now's Pharmacy, took her to huts Hamburgers back when it was here.
Speaker 4: A few other She's done Peter Pan because that's Jeopardy, over and over.
Speaker 3: Done that and I still have the scorecard from when she and I went. I won. She was like five anyway, So we're doing that today.
Speaker 2: Back to what Netflix is doing, and I'm super excited. I'll just read to you what I read on social media. Cowboys legend Roger Stallbach has signed a thirteen and a half million dollars deal with Netflix for a seven episode series about his journey with the Dallas Cowboys. What's Coming is more than just a documentary. It's a full on tribute to Cowboys legend Roger Stallback.
Speaker 4: How Okay, you probably know this, but you want to guess his age?
Speaker 2: Roger is eighty five, eighty three, eighty three? Yes, yeah, I knew he was.
Speaker 4: That's something to be just getting into television at eighty three.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, I mean he's I guess he's start of running his real estate empire, which is what he started doing after his NFL career.
Speaker 3: He was selling homes when he was playing.
Speaker 4: Was he he didn't those guys made like one hundred grand a year back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can just have that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they weren't getting rich playing football. They had to have a plan and there was no pension. There was no NFL pension back then.
Speaker 2: But Roger turned it into a multi billion dollar business. I think Stawbuck's a billionaire now.
Speaker 3: I think. Wow, wouldn't surprise me. We got to meet him at one time.
Speaker 4: You remember at the at basketball event at the Irwin Center. Yeah, my wife is out there hooping with him.
Speaker 3: Yes, he loved it. He couldn't have been any nice. Tricia. Tricia had a huge part in that whole thing.
Speaker 2: Remember we had mister Staubach on the show because Tricia was doing business with one of his assistants.
Speaker 1: With one of his office is really started office here in Austin. We're doing staffing for his company. And the lady that I worked with was a big listener of y'all. And so that's kind of how it came around. I will say when Sandy met Roger Stauback that day, that is literally one of three times that I can count that I've seen Sandy cry. He heared up meeting Roger Stauback.
Speaker 4: He's NFL Royal. Yeah, he's in an elite, elite, elite group that I can't put very many names in.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's I mean, I've always thought this about Roger Stodack. I mean he was my idol growing up. I never thought the Cowboys would lose if Roger Stottack was playing.
Speaker 3: What was the quarterback?
Speaker 2: I never did And yeah, right right, But I mean look at it that I would look at it this way as an older guy. Now, I don't think there's a more impressive resume than Roger Staubach's how Do You Beat that resume? High school All American football player, went to the Naval Academy, won the Heisman Trophy while at the Naval Academy. Then goes and serves four years during the Vietnam War. Then goes and plays for the Dallas Cowboys, wins two Super Bowls, named MVP of the NFL, then has a multi billion dollar real estate company.
Speaker 3: How do you beat that resume?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty amazing. Can you imagine the pressure on one of his being one of his kids.
Speaker 3: Oh, that'd be tough. That'd be really really tough. Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The last I see about his networth were like around six hundred million dollars. But that was like back in I don't know, twenty fifteen. I think I remember he recently joined the B Club. Yeah, the billionaire. He was so nice that day we met him, super so nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting too with this documentary is Roger stallback by exposure terms, and he's laid fairly low, you know what I mean. It's not like he went to the broadcast booth or did anything like.
Speaker 1: More than to stay in front of the spot. Yeah, he didn't do that.
Speaker 2: When he retired, he just kind of went up and made a whole lot of money in real estate. But so it's kind of cool that you're going to see this documentary because guys like us that were fans, there's probably a whole lot of stuff we don't know, which is hard to believe because I used to get the Dallas Cowboy Weekly.
Speaker 1: You still scrap babe?
Speaker 2: Did he get mailed to you? Yeah, it was a newspaper. My grandmother gave it to me for my birthday every year. Wow, that's so great, and I've saved hundreds of them. In fact, there was a section right inside the cover of the Dallas Cowboy Weekly. This is back when tech Shram was the general manager. It was called ask Texts, And so I wrote text a letter and I asked him a question and they put it the Dallas Cowboys. Well barely barely barely my question, I do. My question was why did they run the option play so much more in college than they do in the pros? And he answered a question. Yeah, I was like twelve when I asked that question. But anyway that I don't know when that's out.
Speaker 4: This time, I thought your question was going to be I'm twelve years old and I can't find a helmet big enough. Do the Dallas Cowboys have one that I could borrow?
Speaker 2: Will you ask Too Tall Jones to send me an extra helmet like when.
Speaker 1: Shack buys giant shoes for kids.
Speaker 4: That this is gonna be good. And I hope it's a wow. I'd love to learn more about him. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I hope that this is a sign of programming to come from Netflix, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: More?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And we've been in reality TV for too long.
Speaker 3: It's time to tell some stories that are positive, right, And I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't need any more social justice messages in my Netflix anymore.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? Like?
Speaker 4: Do we have to learn something from w to like that fish documentary that freaked us all out about fish, the fishing industry and.
Speaker 3: Right like that kind of stuff all feel like terrible people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweet fish?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly what was that you're talking about?
Speaker 3: The one at Sea World?
Speaker 4: No, No, it was it was about the whole fishing industry and how it's destroying the ocean.
Speaker 1: And they're all the ones about cows. And then the one that made you feel bad about going and seeing the Orchest show at SeaWorld, Like was is nothing okay anymore?
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: I don't know when this broader strawback one comes out, but I'm going to find out.
Speaker 3: When I know, I will let you know so