Speaker 1: Joanne nine weather forecast tells us we got some great days ahead of us today, plenty of sunshine, highest seventy five overnight. It's got to be cleared and we'll get down to forty two. Another sunny seventy five day tomorrow with overnight bill of forty five and clouds thady on Thursday. But it's still a highest seventy five and drive forty seven degrees right now. Let's get a traffic update from Chuck Ingram, Chuck from.
Speaker 2: The USUT Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the u SEE Health Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's a clear choice for wrap up life saving treatment. Learn more at u see health dot com. Cruise continue to work with the wreck inbound seventy four at Montana. They're on the right hand side and an extra ten minutes to get by southbound seventy one continues slow to seventy five down to Red Bank northbound fourth seventy one of slow go from before Grand there's our wreck on Montgomery at Leicester and pleasant Ridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: It is a twenty nine on a Tuesday which means for certain we get to gate the the Daniel Davis Deep Dive with the retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis, who, of course we'll be talking about Russian and Ukraine. Daniel Davis, Welcome back to the fifty five Krsey Morning Show, my friend, is always a pleasure for having you on.
Speaker 3: I look forward to this day every week.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you do because I do as well. And okay, let's start with this because we're gonna get in, you know, figure out what's going on with Ukraine and Rush and Russia. And I know the Secretary of State Mark Rubio and other US officials are planning on having a meeting in Jetta, Saudi Arabia to try to get a resolution to this conflict, and I hope they do. Ukraine launched its biggest drone attack against Moscow and other areas as well. But what is this something strategic associated with because it seems to be an exercise of futility. Is it just to be pesky and try to annoy the Russians because apparently the Russians were successful and shooting down almost all the drones.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's exactly what it is. It is trying to be pesky, is trying to be annoying. It's saying, hey, we have this capability, you might as well use it. Everybody see is that the end game is in progress right now, and these these talks in Saudi Arabia are probably going to start to look at the nature of how the war is gonna come to an end. And there the Ukraine side is not gonna like it, just because they don't have any of the leverage. They don't have any of the power cards to play. They literally don't have any. So they think, now, how about this, we we make a for public relations kind of operation to launch these things and get this big splashy thing. And I've already seen all these headlines massive drone attack into Moscow, across Russia in the course carry et cetera, all this stuff, so it looks good splashy. Then when you look at some of the pictures, the vast majority got shot down, a few got through, one hit them all, another one hit an apartment building, won some some cars in a parking lot that that got fired because of the gas, made some great video images, had nothing, no military significance whatsoever. All it's gonna do is just frankly make the Russians even matter. And all this is in the context of the Course region, a lightning advance that Russia hasn't done since they the Ukraine side went in there last August. And now in just a matter of days, they're just taking massive swaths every day. This thing could be already over in the Course area in two or three more days from now.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess, and so far, I mean symbolic, we're striking Moscow. You know, it's like flying a B to B two or whatever bomber over and dropping some bombs on Tokyo for the purpose of boosting American morale in World War Two. You point out the obvious, it doesn't have any military advantage. They're not getting ready to invade Moscow. But it seems to me from a strategic standpoint, and I'm no general, you know, don't play one on radio, but the massive amount of drones that they used to engage in these attacks, wouldn't it have been better served hitting the front line Russian troops that are advancing into the into into the Curse region or whatever region.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I was saying.
Speaker 4: It just shows that they aren't even attempting to do something that makes any military sense, because you're doing these things into Russia. The targets weren't even military, so even the ones that got through, we're just trying to hit civilian targets something that they could to get the pr splash. So yes, and when you're looking at the video images actually coming out of the Kursk area here, apparently even the Ukrainian air defenses the area are almost non existent because Russians are flying K fifty two helicopters fighter jets strafing targets, which means there is no air defense whatsoever, not even tactical. So if you were going to fire something somewhere, it would seem to make more sense, as you said, and maybe you should start playing a radio general. I don't know, but that's what I would have done, just to take those where you could have had some tactical advantage for your side.
Speaker 3: And instead they did this well.
Speaker 1: And I can't remember the region, but I had read just the other day that the Ukrainian forces were getting surrounded and leaving them with little option to retreat, which seemed like an inevitable thing that we're going to have to do. Was that the area of Russia that they had taken over that we're talking about.
Speaker 4: It is, Yeah, that's exactly what was happening in the kurse Carea.
Speaker 3: They had an option.
Speaker 4: I was just almost pleading into the ether on my shows in recent days, just saying that that's what they should do. The Ukraine side, there was no prospect for holding them. They needed to withdraw and get back while they could, because Russia was having a pincer movement to cut off the one supplier, the one exit route actually supply and exit.
Speaker 3: They didn't. They continued to stay there.
Speaker 4: Now many of them are pouring out now, even without orders, but in a continuing process that Ukraine has shown almost from the very beginning back into Mariopal in twenty twenty two, in the spring of twenty twenty two. Every time they get into one of these situations a cauldron, they never do the military smart thing of withdrawal their forces to a more advantageous position. They keep them there, fighting to the last man, the last house, forcing Russia to come and clean them up. And Russia has the manpower to do it. So they lose so many men every time that they don't need to. And this is just the next one in line.
Speaker 1: And that's a shame because it's been widely reported and I haven't read really anything to the contrary. The Ukrainians are running out of people to fight this war. So if you've got people sitting in an occupied region of Russia which has no strategic advantage other than say, hey, we've taken over a chunk of Russia and we're going to keep it, maybe as a bargaining chip in the negotiation, which we all know isn't going to be worth a whole lot. But to leave them there, get them surrounded, and get them slaughtered when they could have been brought back, as you point out, to areas where they were needed. Since they're running out of men, that seems the only logical and reasonable thing to do.
Speaker 4: It is the only logical and rational and militarily smart thing to do. That's what they should have done. The whole curse thing was an operation of utility from the beginning. It never had any chance to accomplish anything of operational value for the Ukraine side. It had the pr value of, hey, we're finally sticking it to Russia, taking it to their territory. That briefs well made people feel good. At Ukraine for a while, but it had no actual importance to the war.
Speaker 3: Effort at all.
Speaker 4: And in fact, then over the months Ukraine kept said in tens of thousands of people and to reinforce it and all the logistics and everything for something that didn't have any outcome of the war. And it was never I'll just point this out, never any chance that Russia would have traded that away as opposed to taking it by force, because that would have made them look weak and they weren't. So they were killing a whole bunch of Ukraine people here that were not available on the Eastern Front where the real fight was going on, the one that actually matters. So I'm just sorry but this may hurt some people's feelings. But the general ship on the Ukraine side has been hideous and it's gotten so many of their men killed. That's why they have lost the war, and there is no prospect for them to get a good deal.
Speaker 1: And Jetta, well, perfect segue where I was going the deal in Jedda. What do you anticipate? I mean, Russia's got the upper hand now, and it's a stronger hand than they had say six months ago. Are they going to hold out for even more. You always start with your best foot forward. You ask more than you're going to get, because that way you can negotiate backward and not feel like you're really losing anything. Make an outrageous demand. Do you expect Russia to make an outrageous demand to resolve this or to bring about peace and negotiate something back? And if so, what do you think they're going to end up with? If you had to read the tea leaves Daniel Davis.
Speaker 4: Well, I would look at it from the other side at first, In terms of outrageous demands, I think that the Ukraine side will ask, and they already have ask for a partial ceasefire. They say they want to ceasefire in the sky and in the sea, so no more drones, no more fighting in the Black Sea, etc. While they work something out that is I mean almost you think that it may be a joke that they would ever actually ask for that when it would be only a benefit to them. Russia would have no advantage whatsoever. And as I just pointed out, they were flying K fifty two's and fighter jets strafing into the area because there's no air defense on the Ukraine side at the tactical level. Why would Russia ever agree to something that can only benefit the other side. What I think is happening here, despite what some of the headlines are, I think that the Secretary of Rubio, Mike Walls and Witkoff, I think you were representing the United States. I think that they're telling the Ukraine side, boys, the game is over. You can either capitulate according to the best terms we can get, or you're on your own. If they don't agree to what the United States is willing to do, which is to just bring the war to an end at the best terms they can get, which will be ugly, then I think that we're gonna say then we're gonna walk. Trump has indicated that already. He's implied it a couple of times. And if Ukraine still tries to hold out for this great deal that they'll never get, then Russia will simply keep fighting this issue.
Speaker 3: In the north.
Speaker 4: With the course, Russia is not just going to re establish the border. They're gonna keep going because there aren't very many defenses on the Ukraine side.
Speaker 3: This could open up a new front. We'll see how it goes well.
Speaker 1: And I read the Trump administration the other Day started denying Ukraine military until diligence, And is that if that's true, is that to egg Ukraine on and just to realizing, hey, it's not your Night nine invaluable intelligence or is there something behind that, like maybe as a lever to get this minerals deal signed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it could be all the above.
Speaker 4: But we had General Kellogg point blank say that this is like and I'm not making this up, he said this is like hitting a mule with a tube before to get their attention, all the pausing of this stuff, which is to tell them.
Speaker 3: I think Fellas, we see the ground as it is.
Speaker 4: We're not the previous administration, we're not Europe, We're definitely not.
Speaker 3: The Ukraine side.
Speaker 4: We see it as it is, and you can't win, you can't even hold out. You either make an agreement to bring this war to an end or we're not going to continue supporting it.
Speaker 3: And I think that he's Trump has.
Speaker 4: Not given in on that so far despite lots of pressure, because I think he means it well.
Speaker 1: And I think what you just said there addresses the folks who are yelling at Trump about selling Ukraine out and being with this this puppet of Vladimir Putin's rather than that he's just a realist. I mean, is that really not what this boils down to?
Speaker 4: And Brian, let me just point out something because this just makes me crazy because I keep hearing that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Trump is selling us out. He's given up. You had three full years to have everything.
Speaker 4: The US could give, everything, Europe could give, everything, Ukraine could do, and they lost for thirty straight months.
Speaker 3: Ukraine has been losing and going backwards.
Speaker 4: And you want to say now that Trump should come in and repeat that and do more of what has failed.
Speaker 3: It's irrational.
Speaker 4: They're going to lose now because of what we did in the previous thirty months before Trump came in.
Speaker 1: That is a fact telling it like it is. Daniel Davis, Man, I certainly appreciate your analysis, and that's why I look forward to the segment every week. Deep Dive Daniel Davis. Search of the Daniel Davis Deep Dive Online for podcasts, and tune in next Tuesday for another edition Today thirty take care of br brother, Have a great.
Speaker 3: Week, my brother. We'll see you next time. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Man A forty and fifty five krc DE talk stations. Stick around me, right back after these brief words.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station,