Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfi.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield, Michael Garfield's joining in the high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 1: To make life easier, new technology, and Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans, three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio add now you're high Tech Texan Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: And we are off on a very hot and toasty weekend mid May. Just like that big opening said, Michael Garfield is the name in this is the long run high Tech Textan show. Rest assured. Yes, we are going to talk a little about technology. It will guarantee not to be above your heads, because that's not how I roll. Baby, I talk, and I make it things sweet and simple. But we also cover many other things. We've got car reviews, We've got news about the US China tariff pause. Ironically, just after I get back from China, what a Cowinki dank, Samsung announces and soon to release their thinnest phone ever. Thin is good, but is it necessary? And at what price? And oh my goodness, the streaming wars they are heating up. They are changing, and if you haven't cut the cable yet, I'm not going to say what are you waiting for? But you're getting more reasons to cut that cable as companies are rolling out and bundling their own products together. I will take your questions and cause your thoughts about all that stuff. Who knows we probably have some stuff to give away because it's a radio show man. I'll tell you what. This is what we do in radio. How do you I had this conversation the other day. Somebody was asking me how to start a podcast, and you know, I'm doing some consulting here. It's you know, we can come up with the podcast. We could get a nice production studio facility. We can get some nice microphones, we can get some mixers, come up with a logo, come up with a catchy, sexy name. But how do you get people to listen to it? And I say listen, I go, I harken back to the day's of radio.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this radio thing for well over twenty three years. Radio it's about storytelling. Radio is about personality. Radio is content. You have to give the listeners something that is at least semi interesting. They want to hear. But don't kid yourself. Man, if you give some stuff away, the phones will light up, and so we shall see. I have a lot of fun partners and restaurants and what have you meant? Well, we may give a few things away, so you never know. I will start with this, how was your mother's dad? How was Mother's Day? Baby? Did you get some happy Mother's Day? Doll you mother's out there and mine included Susan Garfield. I didn't get her any technology. I don't think she needs technology. She gave her a gift card to a restaurant in Dallas. And so if you happen to see my mom, if anybody has a clue what my mom looks like my parents, they will go out and use that gift card. Hopefully they may be listening right now via the iHeartRadio app. And if so, if you wherever you are listening, it doesn't matter if you're in San Antonio or Houston or Dallas. Terrestrially, you can listen on those great radio stations, but you can also listen all over the world, even in China. If you're using a VPN. I went over this. You could just de lug onto the iHeart radio app and search for Michael Garfield and then or high tech text and then you should be good to go. Mom's So, you did you get anything you didn't want? Did you get a phone that you want to expecting that to be that phone? Did you get a printer? Did you get a TV? Did you get a tablet? And you're thinking, nice, I really don't need it. I didn't want this brand. This is where you can confide in me. You know you're never gonna dish your kids because you're gonna say, oh, thank you, honey, I appreciate it. But if they're not anywhere around the room right now, pick up the phone, give me a call. It's an interactive radio program and podcast. I guess if you're listening to it, uh not Live three four six twenty nine Texan three four six two nine t e X A M. Are not going to hurt you, Calum Reid. Happy Mother's Day to you. I'm kidding me, Calum Reid. He'll may pick up your phone call, it may go to voicemail, which you're going to leave a voicemail and we are allowed to reuse and replay your voice if you do leave a voicemail Hey, Michael, uh, you know what? My kids were so sweet they got me this. I don't want this model of this product. Is there a better one? Is I didn't want them to spend this much money? Can I return it for something cheaper but still works as good. I probably can help you with that. That's what I do. I'm your consumer enthusiast. I actually I should probably come up with the monarch or the high consumer enthusiast Texan. No, I'm not high. I just have built in energy three four six twenty nine Texan. If you want to upload or share it with the world what you got and you know, make fun of your kids forgetting you something you didn't want, you can hag me on x Instagram. Just follow the old Moniker high tech text and h I G H T E C h T E x A M. I know a lot of mothers in Dallas got a late on Monday night Mother's Day present with the number one pick in the NBA draft. Do you see this? I'm a Maverick fang because I'm from Dallas originally, all right, they weren't around when I was little they launched. I was about fifteen years old when Don Carter created the Dame and bought the Dame. The the whole Mavericks fan. I'm definitely a Maverick fan. Certainly twenty eleven with Dirk got the whole World Championship, NBA Championship, which is good. I'm not saying MAVs are gonna win it again. I was absolutely like everybody devastated in February with the whole Luca trade. But now is their hope? Is their hope? And isn't it. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and it's so funny because I'm a boys up at Dallas, so you know we're on text chain, you know, Monday night. Are you getting me? The Mavericks got the number one pick. This is the greatest thing in the world. We we lead off our conversations with I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it was very interesting. The Mavericks had a one point eight percent chance of landing the number one pick. One point eight percent chance. Nope, Well, the Mavericks had a This Maverick had just a wild of a ride since Tom Cruise flew his F eighteen super Hornet at low Altahude and a narrow canyon. Because this Maverick was just as daring and crazy as the Dallas Mavericks. Are you kidding me? One point eight percent chance? They did it first time in the history of the MAVs. That and I'm not gonna say we, because I'm a professional, we don't use the word we. But the MAVs won it. They jumped ten spots from where the odds placed them, the biggest lottery leap in NBA history, and the team is pretty much almost certain to select Dukes Duke Cooper flag Listen. I'm a big sports fan. You listen to me. You know me, you love me, you know I was at the Final four. I saw Cooper flag play. I saw him lose to New Jersey of Houston in the first round of the Final four. Up. He's a franchise changing talent. But you look at the Utah Jazz and Washington Wizards. They had a fourteen percent shot at landing the top pick. They didn't get in the top four. Improbable conspiracy. I don't know. I'm not gonna go back to the Patrick Ewing. Did David Stern the commissioner back then you freeze the envelope to get Patrick Stern to the Patrick st Patrick Ewing to the New York Knicks. I'm not gonna go that far. It's just a big kouinkiding, But who cares. The Mavericks are back. And for all you Mavericks fan including all you moms out there who burned your Mavericks gear, burned your jerseys, what are you gonna do now? That's right, hit Academy, You're gonna start buying the jerseys again with Cooper flags number. Congratulations to all you moms out there. All right, when we come back, we're gonna talk about US China tariffs. Will they go down? It looks like they're on pause. What's the deal? And yes, I am gonna take a little credit for it right here, I'm gonna take.
Speaker 3: Gregson Show.
Speaker 1: Brisk miss in May. That's what we're calling it.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: As we welcome you back to the High Tech Textan Show, I'm Michael Garfield. Nice to have you here. Twenty plus years I've been doing it big. What's up to my peeps? Not only in Houston where I am based KPRC nine to fifty, but also San Antonio. I was there what month and a half ago, Final four Great City News Radio twelve hundred WOAI and also my hometown of Dallas Talk Radio eleven ninety if you could pick up that signal, and if you're in neither of those cities, you may be listening on the iHeartRadio app either live here on the weekend of what May seventeenth, May eighteenth, and also you could repeat it to your heart's content. Could you just love my content? You just love me? If you want to get in and say hi, I ask questions. We're to return your Mother's Day guests. What you should get mom, because you're about a week late. I am at three four six twenty nine Texan. Spell the whole thing out three four six two nine Texan are also at high Tech Texan. If you spell the whole thing on X on Twitter, whatever you want to call it. I was speaking which speaking of renaming, I'm gonna get into renaming. Is it about time that X goes back to Twitter? I will tell you why. Here's a hint, hbo Max, if you'd hear did not hear that news, but I got I got a whole spiel coming up later in the hour with that, I do want to talk about the US in China. Isn't it interesting that if you're a longtime listener, if you listened recently to I went to China not long ago. It was it was it was a mission. It was a technology mission where I met a number of different Chinese companies. I met their CEOs. It was kind of a fact finding tour with other tech journalists from around the world, where we got to see how a lot of these companies produce their products, do the research and development, and how in the world can China, along with some other countries too, how can they make these products so cheap, so inexpensive, and then ship them all around the world. I mean, so many things in our homes are made from other countries, certainly China. I saw a stat was the Wall Street Journal. Ninety nine percent of all toaster rovens in our kitchens are made in China. Fifty one percent of all gas stoves are made in China. Blenders, I don't know, was it seventy percent of all blenders? Are many? I mean, just goes on and on and on. Well, it was nice meeting a lot of these companies, and you know how they market their products here there and sell them the whole thing. But China has been on our lips and minds here the United States and vice versa, because of the possible tariffs that the President of the United States said he was going to tax and tariff up to one hundred and forty five percent. Well, guess what happened. Guess what happened this past Monday. The US and China, they said they agreed to a deal to slash reciprocal tariffs for now they are the world's too biggest economies. They want to end the trade war because it really has disrupted the global outlook and really set financial markets on the edge. And apparently they got together in Geneva after I visited China. You know, I had some backdoor dealings. I was talking to some people. I'm like, you know, how can we get this because the economy is taking I mean, from cars to everything. Everybody's freaking out. I'm blaming the price of eggs. I don't even know who I've blamed the price of eggs on.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I almost gotten an egg we almost got an egg throwing fight. But at least for ninety days it's done. So now they've backed down the tears from one hundred and forty five percent, so I think it's forty percent from China, and then they are going to teariff the United States ten percent going into China. I know we as a country of the United States, and I'll say it again, I love America. I am so red, white, blue, and burn orange. I bleed it. This is I'm not pro China. Love my country. But there's a lot of things that are made outside of China that are much better in the United States. But United States still make some good stuff. What does what does I'm trying to think, what do we make that China imports three four six twenty nine text and do me a favorit because I don't want to google. Okay, I can't google and talk. I mean, i'm I'm i'm ambidexerst but I bet I can go only go that far. But relatively good news. I don't know. Did you see prices coming down though? I mean I see newsday travel? Oh my god. Actually there as a lot of travels. We've got Memorial Day coming up next weekend, and it's what we've we've got. I saw airline fair. I saw Southwest Airlines was offering thirty percent off. There was a there was a kind of a fair sale, which was good. Actually, I took advantage of that for a upcoming flight. Uh, but there are tours who are now not coming to the United States because they fear that they're from other countries like Canada ain't coming to the United States. Canada. There's a lot of Canadians go to New York City in masses. They're staying away other countries, like yeah, oh my goodness, if I come to the United States, I'm gonna be detained. It's just and that's hurting the economy because we there's a lot of cities that Orlando, as you certainly can imagine, they relying on tourists. So I'm just it's like it's I'm of age that I love saying, and I don't want to be get off my lawn guy, but I want to go back to the days, man, where the trade was just you know, times were nice and we could ride our bikes at night and didn't have to worry about anything. We're we're never gonna go there, so anyway, your thoughts and that I'd love to hear from him. Of hopefully this ninety day, you know, let's let's sim a down period. That's what we're going to college with the US and China. It is going to be a long term deal, so we're not we can just go back and the economy is going to be okay. Speaking see, No, I'm not gonna do the old I'm not gonna do the streaming. Give me about five minutes the next the next epit we're gonna talk about streaming. Man. By the way, I did see coming up. I saw a new streaming a movie that was really straight to I think was it Netflix? I forgot I even forgot it was. It was great, and I don't see I don't see a lot of great things. I'm gonna give you a movie to watch. I'm gonna give you a movie to stream that I really really enjoyed, starring one of my favorite comedians, but it actually wasn't a comedy. And he guesses and he guesses standby for that. Speaking of shifting, of making things overseas and shipping him around the world of the United States, there is a new phone that was just an announce Samsung. And you know I'm a Samsung guy. I am a Samsung guy. I have probably sold more Samsung phones over the past fifteen years. And I've done the show radio show for twenty three years. Because I am an Android guy. I am not a big fan of Apple. Android. More users around the world use the Android operating system than the iPhone system at least two to one, if not three to one. Fact, look it up, Samsung. Very nice. I got to go to the January earlier this month year, I went up to Silicon Valley area. I went to there Samsung Galaxy S twenty five launch event. I'm using the S twenty five Ultra. Love the camera, It's great. At the end of the big event in San Jose, California area, they teased a brand new phone, very very sly. They showed off one of the thinnest phones Samsung ever made, and they said it's coming soon. They called it the Samsung Galaxy Edge. Folks officially just annnounced this past week. All I got was a press release. If they had another event, I would invited to. I'm gonna be pis seed man, because I all I do is talk about it. I haven't seen it. I haven't touched it, so I can't give you the hands on review. But they announced it. It starts at eleven hundred bones. Eleven hundred bones all right, it goes up to twelve hundred dollars or more if you even want the higher one with even more storage. It ships on May thirtieth, all right, But it is from all accounts so thin you can see throw it just like a nice slice of turkey. Now I'm kidding. I'm kidding you about that as a six point seven inch screen, which is about obviously if you hold your phone up, that's generally the the you know what you're gonna get in terms of the screen size. But it's just point to two inches stick according to some of these stats. I'm getting point to two inches stick, right, and that's slightly less surface area than the current you know, twenty five Ultra. But it's a full I don't know what is it about one point one inch thinner. It weighs just and it says just one sixty three grams. But I'm looking at pictures compared to other phones, and it is thin. It's only got two lenses, two camera lenses, not three. Very interested to see how this thing works, because I'm used to three, if not four, lenses on a Galaxy as twenty five got the same two hundred mega two hundred megapixel sensor as the S twenty five Ultra which I love, but Samsung says it captures about forty percent brighter images in low light situations. Again, haven't seen it. They don't want me to have it. Are they embarrassed? No clue. I don't know about the battery life. If you have a thinner phone, you're gonna have a thinner battery. Is it a smaller battery. These are the things that I am hoping to one day get my hands on in try it all right. Saw some announcements from Verizon a few other mobile carriers. They're gonna cure the whole thing. But the question is this is we take a break? Is this important? Is thin to win important to you? I kind of prefer foldable phones. Actually, let me take the back. I prefer a flippable phone, not a foldable phone. I like foreign factors. I'm still gonna put a case. I'd still put a case on the S twenty five edge. It's gonna make it a little thicker. But want to hear from you. What would you like if you had to decide your own phone? Talk to me, Michael Garfield's the high Tech text and all around the world, Samsung. I'm talking to Michael okay three four six twenty nine text and about the first hour of this WORI is don winning radio show. It is Michael Garfield. It's called the High Tech Text and show, what are you doing this summer? This summer where it's it's already blazing hot, it's it's it's certainly not memorial there. We got a week to go before that. And it's so you used to stay inside and just just watch TV and the air conditioning. We're gonna use so much air conditioning. I hope our freaking Texas power grid holds up. But that's neither here nor there. Point is should you stay inside and should you do nothing but just watch streaming services? I got a movie for you, got a movie for you. This is I'm just happy to see it. And actually I don't even have I think it's on Netflix. I don't even have Netflix. I had to borrow somebody's Netflix. But that's let's not talk about that. So I saw a movie and I knew a little about it. It's stars one of my favorite actors who's a very comedic actor. But this wasn't a comedy. Vince Vaughn. Vince Vaughn. You think of Vince Vaughn, Man I think of wedding crashers. Yeah, I mean you think of swingers. I mean it just it goes on and on. Phenomenal stars in this very sweet movie. It is called Nona's nas. I want you to check it out. You don't have to check it out. You can do anything you want. Check it out. Nona's I believe means grandmother an Italian and it's a story. It's a true story about a dude in Staten Island who's's Italian, grew up with a good Tian grandmother, saw her cooking and everything. Grandmother passed away. His mother passed away. He opens a restaurant, doesn't have a lot of money, but it opens a restaurant and he hires real grandmothers to come in and be chefs and cooks. True story, and so much so that the actual real dude who Vince Vaughn plays is it makes a cameo in the movie. It was a great movie. It was sweet, it was sentimental. Yeah, I got a little for clympted at the end. It was it was very nice in Vince Vaughan. Interesting choice because to me, he's like boom boom boom, boom boom, Dodgeball, you know whatever? Got No, he actually did. It was it was very nice. It's it's really good actors and actresses in there. So anyway, check that I and I guess it's on Netflix. I saw another one I got apparently I was bored with the NBA playoffs this week and I watched Finally, I watched Conclave. Anybody seen that? Callum? Have you seen Calum Reid producer? Did you see Conclave? Conclave? It's about the Pope and it came out late last year. It was nominated for a few Academy Awards. It won like one one award for Adapted Screenplay or something like that. I don't even know. But Raith Fines and Stanley Tucci and a few other good actors in there. And I watched. But ever since the Pope Francis died what a month ago, a month and a half ago, became very popular on streaming. So I watched it. It was very Yeah. Now I'm doing movie reviews. Hey, it's Michael Garfield. Two thumbs up. I'm not gonna give it. I'm not gonna give a Conclave two thumbs up. I'm gonna give it one thumb up. One thumb down. It was. It was beautifully shot, all right. I like the colors, the camera movement. You know, I just told you, you know it was. It was done well. The wardrobe, the lighting very good. I think the acting was very good. I think Ray Fines, who was the lead in it great. Stanley Tucci always a fan of He was good. John Lithgap. The story not really there, the story, especially at the end with the twist. And I say it's a twist. I mean it's not like there was a murder or any freaky dieky thing. It was just we're I didn't see that one kind of coming it was. It was okay, So conclave it point is what else you got? Because the summer is gon't belong. People may sit out in the sun. I want you to laugh her up with your with your SPF and then you tell me phone number here is three four, six, twenty nine texts and what else do you watch it? And we only got about it? What about three more weeks of the NBA and that's done. And I'm just not the biggest baseball fan. Really, I'm just not man. And so all we do is I just sit here and look at the calendar tck tck tck. Dictate, we got three freaking more months to football, baby, hang on, hang on, Just just suck it up. That's what we got. Speaking of streaming, streaming is technology. Streaming is the It is getting very convoluted. If any of you have yet to cut the cord, which means cable, and you know technically you really wanted to, you can just pull the cord out, but you can take scissors to the court if really want to. And you don't want to pay the exorbitant fees that a lot of us are still paying, like in like idiots to Comcast. Maybe you just want a streaming service. Yes, you still need to pay for an internet connection. But how many streaming services do you have? This is a good time as summer approaches. Oh wait a minute, I didn't know have like eight streaming services. I forgot about that. You may be paying more than cable. But the point is there's a lot of cable companies that are doing some some rebranding and some packaging. Let's try to get into this thing here real quick. Number one HBO. Oh I'm sorry it wasn't HBO. It started out as HBO in the nineteen seventies, HBO became a very wonderful It's just a high level place to watch movies, you know, comedians and other cool things, you know, like today comedy specials, that movies, and you know, that was the place to watch them different veep to to entourage and to all this other stuff. Nope, they changed the name a few two years ago. It was no longer HBO. They changed it to Max. Well, guess what their marketing team now is pulling their hair out because just this week they re re re renamed it. It is now called HBO Max, HBO Max. I have no clue, so it was a reversal. It could be I don't even know. But it's owned by Warner Brothers Discovery. Because Warner Brothers merged with Discovery, they lost the NBA. That because you know TNT is a part of that. So inside the NBA is Levia is just I don't even know what. I don't even think they know what they're doing. But anyway, that's one. And by the way, I need to pull her ready for a poll question. Callum, I'm gonna open the phone lines if anybody wants to join me on it. It doesn't matter how many times are feckless over lords try to wipe away history and change the names of things that they own or they control. I think we're always gonna call these things by their original names, because when it changed to Max, I still think I called it HBL all right. How many people in Houston still call the Compact Center the Compact Center whether even though it's the Church of right now? How many people call it the Summit? How many people now still are gonna call Minute Made Park Mint May Park with the Astros because it just changed names two months ago to dyke In Park If you didn't know that? How many people call it the Gulf of Mexico, the Golf of America. It may be, you know, temporarily the Golf of America, but come on, man, it's the Golf of freaking Mexico. When is X gonna learn it needs to go back to Twitter because we still tweet. We don't X we tweet on Twitter. I mean it goes on and not Shase Stadium And said, I mean it just what am I missing here? What am I missing? Because this could be a fun game? Three four six twenty nine Texan? What has changed its name but you still call it? Save? Yourself some time, because every stadium name, most every stadium that we've known and grown up with has changed the title sponsor. So that's really not fair because we can go on and on every single day. Right. So, yes, I know I threw out the minimate park in the dayk and Park, but you name a stadium and it's probably changed. But give me something else. HBO is Max, Twitter's X Golf of Mexico, Golf America. I'm sick of this stuff away, that's number one streaming. How about this ESPN which I live on my soul being is watching ESPN? If I could have one channel versus the five hundred channels that I don't watch and still pay three hundred plus dollars, I need to watch ESPN. Guess what, ESPN just not launched something. They just announced something they're launching later this year that may change my life. This may finally get me to cut the cord because ESPN is getting ready to launch a direct to consumer offering, which means you do not need cable as long as you have streaming. ESPN. The Linear Network is going to be available directly to fans early this fall. It's gonna conclude. It could include Disney Plus, it could include Hulu, all owned by the Disney Company. All right, it's all gonna be there, all for lol lit Goo discount of thirty dollars per month at thirty bucks a month. They're gonna bundle ESPN, ESPN two, ESPN plus Disbit for thirty bones a month, and all you need to do is just download the app, kind of like a netflixy type of thing. So no longer if I want to get my ESPN, do I have to have five hundred channels and pay Comcast and Exfinity all this other crap like that. This may be the thing to do. This is what we're seeing. Fox just announced something similar. Fox now is bundling a lot of their channels together and it is gonna be called Fox One. NBC also owns Peacock. Don't forget about that. Peacock. Great way to watch the Olympics. All right. Actually, by the way, I just did see this. If you don't have Peacock, it's on that there's a sale price coming. It's a Memorial Day sale twenty five bucks a year for the entire Just make sure I get this right. Peacock Premium twenty five dollars that's fifty five bucks off the standard annual price. That's right, yeah, standard annual price. I think you use the code Spring savings. I don't even know how. I don't know. I have expendity, so I get Peacock and Peacock Premium. But for twenty five bucks a year, that's not bad. It's truly not. It's a new way to watch things, it's a new way to consume things. We're still grasping and getting our hands on it. But we can open up this bag of worms. How many do you have? How much is too many? What's your solution? How come we can't go back? Listen? TV is free over the year the local channels mandated the FCC. We're broadcasting right now. Houston alone has over sixty free channels. Yes, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, everything and a ton of Spanish speaking to but it doesn't happen ESPN's and it doesn't have the Netflix.
Speaker 3: It good.
Speaker 1: We'll talk more about that coming up here. High tech texting.
Speaker 4: Show, it's not a que emails.
Speaker 1: Just now checking during the commercial break, I got my thoughts on the Galaxy Samsung Samsong Galaxy S twenty five Edge. I told you about the announcement, which I got a press release. I didn't get invited in any press conference, any launch don't have the phone to play with. Kind of odd. Used to hope I didn't have a falling out with Samsung. I sell too many of them for him. It comes out later this month, and if you want to pre order, you could actually pre orders already happening right now. You go to Amazon, best Buy, Samsung dot com, and a lot of the carriers nationwide. Again I got, I got some press announcements also from for and a few others. Generally gonna be available starting May thirtieth. May thirtieth. Oh, by the way, customers who pre order now through May thirtieth, I'm just reading this here on Samsung dot com or shop Samsung App, eligible to receive up to eight hundred dollars in total saving. Okay, I can dig that. I can dig that. Since the phone starts at eleven hundred bones, I can do that. I want to see this thing because I like flippable phones. I like the form. I'm big into form factors. I really really am like flippable phones. They'll love fold The phones are a little thick, But this thing's supposed to be fifth and thin thin to win people is what we call it, Thin to Win Samsung, You go ahead and use that in your marketing. Michael Garfield the long winning High Tech Text and Show. If you just listening to the radio, cool if you want to see me on TV and some of the tech products and show and tell, and wherever I get to go to a launch, I make sure we do a really fun TV segment on that thing to give you the inside play by play. Got back from China, did a log down of a four or five minute segment Fox Austin. Hello, people who are listening up in Austin. That's my Monday segment on Fox. Also, I was on Great Day Houston, CBS earlier this week with what was I doing? Oh yeah, some of the products are brought back from China. Some of the really cool Chinese products pretty smart too. Gotta start doing some dads and grads stuff. Will I recommend the Samsung Galaxy as twenty five Edge for dads and grads. Don't know because I haven't touched it or seen her to play with it. Maybe one day. Who knows? Phone number here? If you want to get in love, talking to you is very interactive twenty plus, twenty three plus years. Some of you kids weren't even born when I started this show. Feel free to talk to me here three four six, twenty nine texts and heard in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Terrestrili and all across the world on the iHeartRadio app the I'll do Okay. I'm also getting about cars too, I had it. I review cars also headed in Infinity at QX eighty this past week. Phenomenal. Ain't cheap the autograph version, the autograph edition, it's six figures. But an I did an Instagram video some of the cool three features I loved about the Infinity QX eighty. You go ahead and blow the lead bury the lead. Go to my Instagram account high tech text and h I G H T E C h T e x A N. You can go look at it. And I'm going to talk about that next hour, about some of the some pluses, maybe some of the things they could approve, maybe lowering the price they could do it. Hey, Garf, put your thoughts on Pete Rose getting back into Major League baseball. Yeah, listen, you know him, a sports guy. You know him, sports guy? I got, I I have some thoughts. Number one, Pete Rose was not elected to the Hall of Fame. That is not what happened. Okay, read carefully, It was not what happened Pete Rose. Maybe one day he is potentially eligible for the Hall of Fame. Quite simply, the commissioner, Rob Manfred did not directly and then listen to my word, directly reinstate Pete Rose. Per se. He altered a rule. He altered a rule in which deceased players are removed from the permanently ineligible list. What he said, he goes these players could not harm the game any further now that they're dead. I think that's bs. It's we all know what Pete Rose did. He admitted to it. I wasn't around when Shoeless Joe Jackson played nineteen nineteen or whatever like that, but we hear stories. Pete Rose didn't do anything with baseball, so him dying doesn't change what he did. Pete Rose and sixteen other players, including Shoeless Joe Jackson, they were reinstated with this move. That's number one. The timing is very curious because Rob Manford, again my thoughts over here, and I know you appreciate these like other MLB commissioners before him. He had rejected Pete Rose's petitions for reinstatement while Pete Rose was still alive, But all of a sudden he kind of changed course after meeting with President Trump, who very loudly which he likes doing that, argued that Pete Rose should be reinstated. H So what sort of precedent is this reinstatement gonna set? Number three? As I said, this does not mean Pete Rose goes directly into the Hall of Fame. He will be considered by the Historical Overview Committee, which would decide if Pete Rose or any of the other players who are now eligible warrant a hearing. And so there's another committee the era. The Eras Committee will vote on election to the Hall of Fame, and Pete Rose needs twelve of sixteen votes if all this happens, earliest is going to be twenty twenty seven. By on field my thoughts by on field merits alone. And again I told you I'm not a big baseball fan, but growing up, baseball was much bigger as a kid than it is right now.
Speaker 5: It just was.
Speaker 1: I mean, I followed baseball stats as much as my Texas Rangers just absolutely sucked back in the day. And the Asters weren't that great. They were better than my Rangers. But the stats and the Cincinnati Reds and Pete Rose, he has more hits than anyone in Major League Baseball history, two hundred and fifty six hits. I know that stature, but it does slam dunk. Yes, he absolutely deserves induction to the Hall by on field merits alone, but he bet on baseball he did. He also allegedly had a sexual relationship with a girl on sixteen years old in the nineteen seventies. He was in prison for five months for tax evation in nineteen ninety. That's off the field, but it seemingly there seems to be a semi positive sentiment to Round Baseball about Pete Rose earning a Hall of Fame plaque. Put him in the Hall of Fame. Put people in incidents like this, Maybe in another section of the Hall of Fame. Maybe make it on this on the put it in the basement. But yes, dude, he's one of the greatest baseball players. EVA. Charlie freaking now Sault. We can all bring it about this that this is what I do real quickly, quick Pole because Pete Rose deservedly in the Hall of Fame. Nope, not gonna happen. Yes, because he's the hit game. He is the hit games that make your voice heard here three four, six, twenty nine text good, See what I did?
Speaker 4: I just killed the entire segment.
Speaker 1: When we come back and the talk cars, we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Take your calls.
Speaker 1: I got said yes, including I got you get some people. Hey, Michael, heard your show and I saw you on TV. I saw you on Channel eleven and Houston earlier this week. You were talking about vp ms and getting ready to travel across the country. Just how important is a VPM? Because I have a few freebies? Are they worth it instead of paying money? Great questions.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna aswer that. Let me come back to high TECHNX.
Speaker 2: Is Michael garfier Michael Garfield.
Speaker 4: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 1: To make life easier technology and Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 2: On Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans three decades helping you make Man Jake with your gadget. It's our worldwide on the Iheartwady. You'll ask you now you're high tech Texans. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Back an hour the program just beginning. There's two hours, and so we're halfway through the show, right, say it with me, long time listeners. We are halfway to happy hour. It's exactly right. Hey, it is a hot weekend in Texas. Wherever you're listening, actually on the East Coast is rainy. Hot weekend in Texas should be a happy hour. Should be listening by the pool wherever you are, with a coldie cocktail, whatever your drink of choice is. I just don't drive afterwards unless you just have some mice tya. It's a good thing. Michael is the name, Michael Garfield. Appreciate you continuing to hour number two. And you know what, just because I appreciate you so much, it is why don't we give some away? Told you I have friends in loub Lass. I also got friends who own restaurants. I got friends who've got a lot of technology gear who just kinda ship me some stuff and says, hey, man, if you don't want it, give it away. Let's do a restaurant gift card right now. If you are in Austin or if you're in Houston and there's actually one location in San Antonio. You know I want to talk about it is Cabo Bob Times love. And I'm just not saying this. I really do love Cobo Bob's. I'm there easily twice a week. You go down the line, you tell them what you want. They make these burritos. They smoke the meats, they smoke the chicken, they smoke the beef, they smoke what of it. They make the tortillas right in front of you. They press them flat, five different flavors of tortias. I always give them, give them the business because once it gets down to the end of the brito, that burrito inside is so stuffed. I start going, there's no way you're gonna be able to roll that up. There's no way you're gonna roll that into a brito. Inevitably, they roll it up every single time. You can get a bowl, you can get a salad. It's just so good. But do not sleep on the chips. My favorite tortilla chips EVA and these Rivalo the ones you make you and h GB I like the HGV Fresh stuff. These things are they're double thick. You get some gualk get some caso game is on twenty five dollars gift card coming to you him caller right now seven one three, two one two five nine five oh seven one three two one two five nine five zero tenth caller, We're gonna give you a twenty five da La give card to Cabo bob Is. That'll take care of easily two people, if not three people. It's good stuff good so all right, op, look at that already a winner. Hang up, Hang up? See this is how that fast they go. Who knows, maybe we'll do another one before the end of the day. Thank you. Arnold and Laurie Rios. Uh they oversee the the Houston markets and uh they's it's good. They're based out of Austin too. Love you some Austin. Hello Austin, if you're listening, that is me on Monday mornings on Fox seven with my Technology Report and update. Tune in this coming Monday. I got a surprise for you. Well, it's done, a surprise international travel gear travel. You know what? Oh, speaking of travel, I saw this United Airlines. She United they plan to add a feature in their planes next year. They already have economy and they have I guess premium, and then they have the Polaris. I don't think, well, they have first class, but then in the international, the long haul planes, they've got something called the Polaris. Those are the lay flat seats, which I did not have, massively unfortunate on the way to China, because I would have enjoyed that China fifteen freaking hour and actually NonStop from San Francisco to Hong Kong a lot more than sitting up in an economy class. Did not have a life flat seat, didn't fairly. Life flat seats are not good enough. Not for United. They are getting a little fancier. Nope, it's not just the pajamas. Nope, it's not just those little noise canceling headphones. It's not as little socks they give you on these long haul flights. They are putting in some new seats on top in better then they're Polaris suites. They are called the Polaris Studio suites. This is super premium. I mean, at this point, why don't you just buy your own private jet. It is an upgrade from the United's existing top tier seating option. It's gonna be a refresh cabin design it's gonna be an all of the new Boeing seven eighty seven Dreamliner, and you can actually they're initially gonna be on San Francisco to Singapore. Ah, I may have to go to Singapore or London. I do like London. Each plane are gonna have eight, that's it, just eight of these new Polaris studios, and apparently they're gonna be the size of a small apartment. They're gonna be twenty five percent bigger than United standard Polari seats. They're gonna have privacy doors, privacy doors. Some of them are gonna have an extra ottoman with a seat belt for visitors. Who has a visitor on a plane, because like you remember, you know Bridesmaids Great, you know Kristen Wigg, she's sitting in economy. All of her friends are sitting in first class. She tried to sneak the first class. They will not hit let her even sneak up the first class. Who can sneak up into a Polaris studio suite. But I'd sit in that instead of an economy seat all the way to China in back, I would sit on an ottoman in a Polaris studio suite. At least you get free drinks. No price tag yet, no price tag. Oh and by the way, they're adding caviar service and luxurious soft pajamas. Oh, this is a this is an apartment, Javier sir, Well, what kind of cave are man? The Russian caviar, A lot of different types of caviar pajamas. How do they know what size you are? Can you keep them? I assume? So I know the United folks and actually know what I'm gonna see if I can get the United folks United air Lines on my show next week. Travel season's coming up, and I do know, and i'd listen. They were very kind. I did an interview with him about a month and a half ago, knowing I was going to be in a long haul flight all the way around the world. And there's a lot of technology that they utilize in terms of apps and how to track your baggage and if there's a weather delay. They do some good stuff. They're also rolling out the what Starlink Wi fi, which I told them I need to be one of the first ones to test that. Apparently they tested it in the Chicago market. I'm playing with some tech journalists and I was not invited. Not happy about that. Not happy. I needed because I want to do my radio show from the year ultimate goal Listen. I don't have a lot of bucket list items. One bucket list items. I would love, absolutely love to fly on Air Force one. I dig that stuff. It's so cool. I just unbelievable. If I can't, I want. I need to fly in a United Polaris studio apartment suite with Starlink Wi Fi. With Wi Fi so fast, I can bring my gear and actually do my radio show live from the plane. That would that be cool? Then I can actually have an ottoman with a visitor and a guest. There's your flight. Who's flying? Anybody have any international questions? Well, actually, I'm gonna answer this question. I'm gonna I tease it. I'm gonna tease it one more time over the next one. Got an email, gar if I heard you were in China. I heard you use the VPN. I'm traveling also myself across the across the world. Do I really need a VPN? And if so, I got a couple of free ones I can use as it worth getting a free one versus the paid one. Hi, I'm more than I can answer that question on the.
Speaker 6: Other side.
Speaker 1: Echel Guardfield. It is the high Tech Texans show. You missed it. We just gave away a gift card to Cabo Bob's four locations in Houston, several of them, many of them the headquarters in the Austin area, San Antonio, w Ai. There actually is one there. Dallas sucks for you. You're missing out on Cabo Bob. Should you ever get down to those other cities check out Cobo Bobs. Maybe we'll give away another one later this hour. I did see in more in more food News, anybody ever eaten at Portillo's? Serious question? Callum Callum read here behind the Glass. You ever heard of Portillo's. It's it's a Chicago based restaurant. I believe it's at Chicago, and they're famous for their hot dogs. A Chicago dog. I've never there's. They're starting to build them in Texas. I know there's a few in in Dallas. I know my parents eat them and they like them. I think that there's one way out on the west side of Houston, and they're building one not far from me on the southwest side of Houston on Highway fifty nine. In Stafford. I believe near sugar Land. They've been building it for a while. I see the sign and so it's opening up. I mean, I don't eat hot dogs, really, but I hear their shakes are great. And whatever I bring this up is because they just good job. Portilla's because it piqued my interest and I saw this story and I'm giving you about a minute of free love here on my radio show. They they came up with a new sandwich in honor of the Chicago born Pope, Pope Leo. Guess what the sandwich is called. It's called the Leo. Actually, all they did they renamed it. They had an Italian beef sandwich, and I guess in the month of May it is now called the Leo the Leo. I probably will not try the Italian beef sandwich. I don't need a lot of beef. I don't eat a lot of red meat. I mean, I'll eat meat. That's not like I'm a vegan or a vegetarian. But I but I don't know it is called the Leo. I mean, does a portion go back to the church or something? I mean they should, I mean, did he license his name? If is the is this something the Pope should be proud of uh having I mean, I think so. I had a cocktail name after me back in the day. It was it where was it? Was it a ConA grill? Remember I like ConA grill. It was one of Galleria one in Sugar Lambs. They had a high Tech teeny and I got to make it. Was part of a nice It was a charity thing and uh a portion of the proceeds. I think they went to the fort beIN women's shelter or something. This is way back. But I got to mix and match and and come up with my own cocktail. Was called the High Tech teeny. If you had a food woud named after you? What would it be? Would it be a sandwich like the Leo an Italian beef? Would it be a hot dog? Would it would it be a cocktail? Would it be a hamburger? Would it be a steak? Whatever? I I mean, cocktails are fun. I like that because I you know, I can go. It'd be nice to walk into a bar and have those little table tent cards. And this is what they did. It said, hey, you know, there was a picture of my name and meant my face and say try the high tech teeny. That was pretty flattering. That was pretty cool. Was also cool they raised thousands of dollars over a period of time to the to a charity. I think I was very proud of that. Nachos. Yeah, I can go for some nachos. Nacho, Nacho Man, garf Nacho's, Michael's meat ball. No, I don't eat me. See, I would have to eat eat it like I like fish and chicken. I like a literation, you know, so Garf's garb, bonzo beans non, no, no good Garfu. I asked you geanut butter and chocolate. Maybe we come up with a dessert. Pinut butter the chocolate, two greatest flavors known a man period. I mean it's sort of a blot. Oh. I need a blizzard named after me. Nah see, there's already a recent blizzard. Help me out over here, folks. Three four six twenty nine text. And if you were to name or have your name named after a food, what would it be? Three four six twenty nine Textan I love hearing that from you. All Right, We're finally gonna answer the question that I've been holding there for two segments. Got a caller, Garf, I heard your subject over flying over to China. You used a VPN, which is a virtual private network when you logged onto your phone and your computer, and also I think you said your tablet. I have a number of different free ones that are out there too, However, I've heard that they may not be reliable. Should I spend money on an actual VPN instead of getting a free one just to discuss my location when I travel? It's a good question. That was from Leonard. Leonard, Can I call you Leo? We're tight? Go go get your go to Portillo's and get it Italian beef sandwich named after you, Uh, Leonardo, I would recommend number one. Yes, I never really utilized a VPN when I traveled. You know, you go to Mexico and need to let's wherever I go. I mean, I've been, I've been abroad, you know quite a bit. China. You needed one. China does not like Western media is in the United States, and you have to disguise your location. A VPN does many things. You may use a VPN, a virtual private network to log in from your house right now to get into your office offices. Don't want any third party hackers or anybody to get it that's what a VPN does. So they're going to give you the VPN software which actually works. And so if your company has a VPN, odds are wherever you are around the world. Your heads on your laptop, it's on your phone. You just use it. You're set to go the the Leonard answer your question. Yes, it's worth paying for one. There are some free ones. Proton VPN for one. That's a free one. All right. I've used it, not bad, but I've also read and heard that it could also potentially put some viruses on your computer and pop up ads and whatever. It also doesn't allow you some features that a paid VPN does. Now I say paid VPN, they're not that expensive. I actually used a paid one in China. I used Express VPN thirty bucks a year maybe, and I may be wrong. Go go check out. I wish I could give you discount code. I don't know any of that stuff, but I used Express VPM. What you could do you actually can choose where your server that you're dialing, that you're connecting through the Internet is located, and you could pick one of two hundred plus countries. Obviously, well, for me, I want to make I want to pretend like I'm in the United States because I'm in Japan. I'm sorry, I'm in China. And I log in from my phone, and I log on from my laptop, and I looking for a computer that my device. Even though I'm physically in China, it thinks I'm in the United States, which then allows me to log onto iHeartRadio. You see, there's the workaround, because if you just log on iHeart Radio, if you're on the Chinese Internet, Uh huh, not happening. Nope, we don't, we don't. We don't like those green goes over in America. No, no, we're not doing it. Disguise it. So VPNs you actually can say, hell, listen, I'm from Canada. I want I want a server somewhere else. I think it's probably worth it to spend I don't know it what X number of dollars per year. I mean, they're certainly under a hundred dollars, and I think they're under fifty dollars. But the thing is, though you don't need to just use them when you're traveling. It's not going to hurt you to use a VPN all the time. If you're in a coffee shop, how many times have people said, hey, don't log You're in an airport with free WIPI, you're your fire Wi Fi, You're in a mall, you're in a library. How many times are you for somebody else who's nearby to actually log on to your WiFi? All right? It is it is more than just you're saying. It's more than just you know, stealing your WiFi password. It's like it's it's creating a end to ind secure tunnel, especially if you do banking, especially if you have a use a VPN. I started using because I bought this VPN before I went to chint. So for the past what three weeks right now, I've been using it here. It doesn't seem to slow it down, but I kind of I have that little lock on top of my you know, laptop or on the top of my phone kind of gives me a little piece of mind. So, Leonardo, thank you for the email. You can email anybody can email me Michael at high Tech Texting dot com if you're too shy to call. If you do want to call, easy you don't, you can do it. Calum's bored, Calum, are you still light? Yeah? Three four six twenty nine textan you can ask me questions like that. But international travel is happening if you're in Austin. Uh, and actually I'm gonna actually it's great. If you're in Austin. You can watch my Fox seven segment every Mondays at seven forty five in the morning, about four minutes long, and generally I bring products and I answer questions and you know, give you some tips. This coming Monday, I ought to be showing off some some travel products, tech products that are good when traveling. And these are you know, international chargers I have, you know, because there's I think there's something like fifteen sixteen different types of chargers all over the world, different plugs. Is it a one is it a two ten volt? A to twenty volt? A one ten volt? The different types of plugs. Is it a VPN, Is it a SIM card? Is it an E sim card? I have some answers. And then, by the way, if you're not an Austin to watch it this coming Monday morning, you can log onto my website Hi Tech Texan and you can actually see the video, which I'll put up early next week. All right, when we come back. We got some more emails over here, and oh it's time to talk about cars. What's Michael driving this week? Well, I told you last hour Infinity. If you want an SUV that is a unstopped I mean a massive seven or eight passenger the QX eighty. Specifically, I had the autograph version, the autograph that's right, and it was is loud, it it's proud, it is big, and it's got some cool tech features. If you want to actually bury the lead during the break, go to my Instagram. High Tech Texting spelled the whole thing out. Look at one of my most recent videos that I shot, he showed out three of the coolest features.
Speaker 5: I've seen inside the and Kennedy t X eighty. I'll talk about that when you come back.
Speaker 1: Who needs a car, who wants a car, Well, this is the place to come because every single week I do with the past fifteen years, I also talk and review cars Michael Garfield. This is called the High Tech Textan show. We talk about that because cars, trucks, SUVs, they're pretty much all technology. I realized that about a decade decade and a half ago, and so I started reviewing a lot of these vehicles. And I am honored enough to work with manufactured. Actually I work with a third party company, but they deliver me on a weekly basis a new vehicle to drive. I have for the past fifteen years. Every single week, I drive around and give you my thoughts. This is not pay this is not a dealership. I'm not going to tell you where to go, so I can tell you it sucks. I can tell you this is the coolest ride you've ever had. So please trust me for this thing. And so I'd done almost again, well over fifty five sixty sixty five different vehicles in a given year. This past week, what is Michael driving? I was in an Infinity q X eighty, the new twenty twenty five version of it. Specifically, I had the autograph version. Now, this is the upgraded all wheel drive version of the Infinity QX eighty. Infinity, as you know, is the let's just say, the high end arm leg wheel of Nissan. Nissan and Infinity one in the same in terms of how a lot of their vehicles are built. A lot of them are on the same frame. So let's specifically talk about their large suv. If you look in an Infinity QX eighty, it resembles incredibly close the Nissan Armada because pretty much it's the same frame. However, when you talk about Infinity, just like other brands have their kind of high level thing. We got Toyota Alexis, and we can go on and on and on. There's a lot of upgrades in there. We're talking the seats and the leather, and the suspension and the wheels. You can go on and on and on. This version, the Infinity QX eighty autograph is incredibly luxurious. It's incredibly large. Let's start with that third row. I'm gonna work it backwards right now. Normally you have a third row in an suv. It's very tough getting back there for kids. Don't even talk about adults. I am an adult who's six foot tall. Very simple to get into that third row because this thing is so big. You step up onto the little, you know, kind of shelf that you know, when you open the door, it pops up. There's the step that automatically comes in. There's a button on the second row seats one click. It's an automatic button on the top of it that slides that second row seat up, which gives your room to step up and right into the back seat of that vehicle. I was sitting down in the back. My head did not touch the roof. That's how big it was. It was great. Let's move up to the second row. In the second row seats, these had captain's chairs. My guess is I believe you can actually put a bench there to actually even make it eight people seating, but this was for seven people. The bench seats incredibly soft, luxurious, tons of leg room, even more head room between the two seats in back, the two captain chairs. It had a programmable LED screen where you can control the air conditioning in the back seat, the audio in the back seat, the back seats. That second row seats, it had air conditioning seats easily charge at a number of different USB outlets. Really convenient. I like that. Then we moved to the front seat. Needless to say, even justice comfany the same types of seats, fifteen or sixteen different ways that you can go up down, back. The chairs are air conditioning, the chairs are heated, leather, steering will It's got all the safety features in this one. Not only did it have a wireless charger in that front seat for your phone. I'm going to paint the picture here, all right, this is I'm a storyteller. There's generally where the driver rest his right elbow. There's a storage bend. You can flip it up, store a little something in the air, your keys, your wallet, your purse, whatever it is. This one denied to have a storage bind. This had a freaking refrigerator. People, I cannot make this up. It's called a cool box, and it is for all practical purpose. It is a refrigerator that holds, if you stack them up, easily holds a six pack probably eight or nine different cans of coke or soda. Do not put beer in there, because it's a moving vehicle. You got going to the store up, you got baby bottles, you need something, you need chocolate, and you're driving around in the hot summer. There's an odd and off switch. You don't need to use it as a refrigerator. It actually couldn't be a storage bin. But heck, yeah, man, I'm driving around. It's almost one hundred degrees already here in the second week of May, and I'm I'm I'm chilling. You know, I think I had some seltzer in there. It was great. That was pretty neat, easy to turn, easy to easy to handle, twenty two inch aluminum alloy wheels, three point five liter V six engine, three point five liter V six the V six turbo. Man, if it wasn't turbo, I would say, you know what this needs more, get up and go. It's a big car, it's a heavy car. Well it's it's not even a car. We're gonna go SUV. But it does have that turbo, and it has something like four hides close to four hundred and fifty horse power. So it does give give you that it does toe I think around eight thousand pounds or so if you do have a little boat or if you don't want to tow something in the back. Now, one of the things that I didn't love does not get the greatest gas mileage as you can imagine. Well certainly not a electric, but uh the gas mileage. I had to fill it up a few times. And I rarely fill up, you know, I get these vehicles for a week. Generally I rarely go to a gas station. I don't drive these things a ton, and I don't take them on you know, big road trips. But I probably had to pull into a gas station. I didn't have to fill it up more than once. But I probably had to top it up like two times because it kept us sucking him down price on this one sit down one hundred and fourteen thousand dollars. I know it's the autograph version. You can get in a Finny q X eighty for cheaper than that. But I've when I said this, let me give you my recommendation because it's built on the same frame as Kniisangans Armada, which is still three rows, which is still big. You're not gonna get the bigger, the coolest wheels unless you upgrade them. You're not gonna get the refrigerator. You're not gonna get you know all that, the UPLTD of the listen, you could upgrade those things. It's relatively the same vehicle. It drives well, it handles well. I'm gonna save you at thirty thousand dollars or so. Take a look at the Nie Armada. Nothing's wrong with the Infinity Kubex eighty. I think it's one of the easiest. This is what mid May four five, I've done what twenty five thirty vehicles already this year, easily the top six or seven vehicles that I've driven so far in terms of luxury in terms of the handling, in terms of the comfort, And that's how I judge this stuff on. Okay, I'm not gearhead guy. I'm not saying what's the power to weight ratio and what's the torque? I don't measure on that. If you want that, read cart and driver. Okay, ghost somewhere else. I'm like, mom's out there. Is this comfortable enough to schlep my kids for the next eight, nine, ten years? Is it sturdy? Does it have a nice cargo room where you know we could fit all the kids baseball, softball? Get That's the stuff that I rate this thing on. Love the Infinity QX eighty really, don't love the price, don't love the gas mileage. Take a look at the Nissan ar Mode. It's the same company, It's the same everything either one. If you got the cash, sure, go ahead get the qxaighty. And if you got a cash for an Infinity QX eighty, why don't you pick me up one two? I kind of like Midnight Blue little Tan interior set to go. Just program KPRC nine to fifty am. If you're in Houston twelve hundred WAI, if you're in San Antonio, and eleven ninety talk radio if you're in Dallas, and if not, download the iHeart Radio app and then just stream it directly to your infotainment system. The infotainment system from Nissan and Infinity pretty much the same thing. There you go, anything else evs, I've done evs. What's my thought. I've had a lot of EE discussions since I've been back from China. China has a ton of EV's. We talked about three weeks ago. I had a really interesting in depth interview with someone who was with a Rice University professor. Smart dude who knows a lot about EV's, you know, saving you know, the Earth and whatever like that, why they can be better. I just don't have the patients for EV's. I don't want. I'm not gonna recommend an EV not because I don't love EV's, because I do not like our battery charging infrastructure here we have in the United States, it takes too long. In China, one of the manufacturers coming out with five a battery that will charge in five minutes. We are still not there. But on the other side, when we come back America, an American institute, an American manufacturer, I'm going to give you the news is getting on it to come out with a new EV battery. I will give you all of that information because this is the question, could this be the thing that gets me to potentially purchase and recommend an EV? Anxious ears away right here on the high Tech Texans Ship final segment of this weekend show, the high Tech Texting Show. Hanging there people, six or seven minutes, I will release you. You can tell me what you learn from these two hours and just go enjoy your happy hour and sit by the pool. Because it is pool, brother, no doubt you're in Texas. It is a nasty hot I'm not gonna give out the phone number anymore because we got a few things to wrap up over here. I want to do the finished thought on evs. Just gave you my ten minute impression on the Infinity QX eighty and the what's Michael driving this week segment? I do once every month and a half two months during my rotation of test reviewing cars in vehicles, I do get an EV. And the first thing I think of when an EV pulls up, because I can't request it, it's this, it's one company who works with a dozen manufacturers. I mean you BMW, GM, Mercedes Infinity, whatever it is. I do not know what's coming, but just fine, okay, because I just run the gamut because there's so many vehicles out there, I want to test them all. So it shows up, shows up, an EV shows up. My first thought is am I driving anywhere out of town this week while I have it? Because at that point I started thinking, oh God, I'm gonna have to It's not gonna make it because I do not want to stop halfway between Houston and Dallas. Fray that I find a vehicle charger. Hope that no vehicle is using no vehicles are using all four of the charging units. Then if that even happens, you know, shot number three is I have to sit there for thirty minutes forty five minutes an hour, killing time doing nothing while I charge the battery. I just I eighty HD people, I don't do that. That's why I just don't recommend EV's unless it's maybe your second vehicle. If it's your second car, okay, cool, Use the EV in the city, going on a roadie, going up to Austin for the Horns game. Use the gas mobile. Perfect. Maybe you live and work within thirty forty miles of each other. Maybe you have a charge at home, maybe your office has a charge. You're always gonna keep that things charged it up, and that's it. Maybe you are gonna do nothing but go in a four mile radius of your home because you're just taking the kids to school, You're taking the kids to the grocery store, you're taking them to the ballet or the ball arena, class, you take it to the soft buff field. That's it. Go home and charge it for me in my lifestyle, and you have to when I recommend things. Yes, I am a male who's over fifty, who's kids are grown, and it's just me and that's the way I am. I when I get questions about Michael, is this car good for me and my future husband because we're gonna get married soon and we're going to have a baby. Is this car big enough for a car seat? Absolutely? I will put myself in your shoes. But for me right now and EV doesn't make sense because of the snap of my fingers. As I live in Houston now, I want to go to Austin, and I go to Austin on a monthly basis to do TV football season. I go to the ut games. My parents live in Dallas, so I live up and down I forty five, I go up and down on you know, seventy one in iten whatever it is, So I don't want to worry about it. The point is when, and I say when, maybe in my lifetime. I'm not sure. Batteries get better where it's faster charging. I will get an EV in chain. Now BYD which is the name of a manufacturer over there, which has like six different brands, and there's so many and they are very inexpensive over in China. They BYD is just coming out with a battery that will charge allegedly from what I hear, in five minutes. Five minutes now we're talking. Now we're talking five minutes is almost faster than I can fill up a tank with gas. I like it. But I bring this down to Earth. I bring us to the United States because as I read a press release, General Motors GM just unveiled a new quote and it's actually in quotes groundbreaking EV battery technology, and they're saying this could be the first to market. The first to market says it's going to reduce cost and boost profitability of the large electric SUVs and trucks that GM makes. What it is, it's a new type of battery. It's a lithium maiden use rich prismatic battery cell LMR. We're just gonna go LMR lithium manganese rich, and you do have to be rich. You get an ev right now. If you know what I'm saying, ha ha should be around in twenty twenty eight. Apparently they're gonna be more prevalent, less expensive minerals. They're gonna be lighter and more cost effective. The thing that is the one of those adjectives that just popped in my mind. It's not the cost effective it The fact is the lighter batteries are heavy. Batteries are heavy, and if you think about it, the batteries are powering a car, but they're carrying themselves because as you're driving, the battery is always in the car, So the battery weighs. It weighs down half the car. If you can light that up, the battery is gonna get you further. It's as simple as that lithium manganese rich battery cells. It's gonna be in the Escalade IQ, the Chevallet Silverado beginning in twenty twenty eight. Okay, I could dig it. I like the announcement bored Actually, if I remember earlier this month, they announced its intention to launch a game changing LMR battery sometime before twenty thirty. But GM says they're gonna actually do it quicker. They're being developed in partnership with LG Energy Solutions. Okay, that's good. Listen, all I did was read a press release. I've learned to read press releases and read between the line of press releases over the three dozen years I've been doing this whole media thing. It sounds sexy, sounds exciting, and then I start seeing things that are three years away, two years, five years away, ten years away. It's like, why did you even send out a press release because I don't even know if I'm gonna be around in one day, much less two years. Don't get me excited right now? Are they? I know the reasons they're doing it. It could help stock price, It could help even though think of a two year weight cycle for a car is almost not that big of a deal. You know, cars can last hundreds of thousands of miles. Cars last. My last car that actually bought last eighteen years. So if you're thinking about getting a new car, you may not even be in the shopping mode for another two years. Oh you remember what Garfield talked about on the show. Oh yeah, in about two years or twenty twenty seven, GM is probably coming out with an LMR battery. Well, I'm not going to look for another car for two years, and I'm going to go buy a GM because it's going to have this new LMR battery that he was talking about. I understand whether saying it they can also promise it. I love these numbers. GM expects these new LMR battery sales to have thirty three percent higher energy density, providing additional miles of range. Okay they expect him to have. Yeah, I want real world stuff. So I look these things, I read these things. I take it with a grain of salt. See the fact that maybe the United States is looking to other countries and saying, hey, you know what, how can they do this? Let's just maybe take a baby step working with other countries man finding it hopefully there's no tariffs, and making the entire world a better place. Look at me, Kumbai ya people. And with that, we're gonna get ready with the You show. If you want to thank Calum read Ki Callum will thank you guys for putting a show together and keeping us on the air. Everybody from Brian Erickson, here's a big program director of all of these iHeart stations, and COmON, Paul Lamberdaddie Martini, Oh listen, let's just too men announce and nobody's even listening with care, but you do it. That's what I care about, folks. Will be back next week. In the meantime, lather up with sunscreen, have a nice cold one, don't drive while drunk, and take care and.
Speaker 4: Love your neighbor.
Speaker 1: P and iice to somebody becdrenk it to be nice too. UNI back. My name is Michael dark Jog and guess what Right now, my show is over