Speaker 1: Jump back home.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'll just I'll just hang around until you get back to me.
Speaker 1: All right, awesome, Well we are now officially live. It's actually ten oh three pm Eastern Standard time actually right now. First of all, let me welcoming you onto the show, mister Andy Graff. You know, this is actually the first time we've done this year on live Google Google hangouts here on YouTube. Last time we actually had we were on this. We were on the radio, squatching the radio.
Speaker 2: That's why there was a number to remember. I called it for my Skype can.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the.
Speaker 2: Best way to do it. It's amazing. I'll put twenty pounds on after our conversation, I had eighteen left. You know, Skype is awesome like that. Yeah, there's a while back. I remember, oh, for a year, at least a year.
Speaker 1: And a half. Yeah, you know the radio show. I'll tell you the radio show. A lot of us have fun doing that because you know, we could get like several people in there into a group discussion and it normally works out real Well. You know, I've learned that, you know a lot of people missed doing the YouTube thing. And you know, in the in the YouTube shows like this yere. Actually you'll be surprised the viewers. I guess. A lot of times, you know, just from a few shares I share, we end up getting usually a pretty good turnout. And we've haven't you know, it's been a I want to say, it's been a few weeks since our last you know, uh oh, maybe a couple of weeks and uh we you know, we pretty much had an open discussion podcasts and it covered a lot of topics, a lot of subjects, and you know, well usually a lot of times what we do we share opinions, uh or you know, or anything from our observation, you know, on our beliefs, and you know, and then and they kind of we take it and kind of go with it, and you know, it kind of it's basically a lot of sharing, you know, because something's you know, when it comes to the research, somebo some of my my techniques or something I might try might work for me or you know, and it may not work for somebody else, you know. So there's all these different things we share amongst each other.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if that changes from area to area as well, you know, with the hampituations, if the creatures, it might be intelligent and quite individualistic as what works one doesn't work with another, cozees or anything.
Speaker 1: That's another thing. Yeah, you know, we do a lot of comparison because you know, comparison because of the ecology, the you know, the setting, you know, just the environment and a whole you know, time of year, you know, weather, all down to every little thing. You know, there's always something when we compare all these different things based off activity or findings, you know, you know, when you know the activity usually stood stairs like it's very active around you know, a certain time year in my area. And I noticed there's been similarities with others that there's been you know, very you know different you know, I don't know what you want to call it. Yeah, there's there's different in some areas, but in a lot of areas, a lot of what we share, a lot of us share a lot of simil somewhere you know, habit, you know, findings.
Speaker 2: That's that's interesting to me as well, Daniel, because we were all chatting in the British Big groups recently about the quiet months over the winter, right, somebody mentioned was it's actually the larger forests seem to get more activity in the winter and the smaller habituation areas that people think of habituation areas go quiet. And what to me mentioned was, Okay, we see them less at that time, possibly because they've moved up into certain areas for the winter, and also because we're out less in the winter, right, But all of the smaller areas tend to go quiet, which led a lot of people to think that there was some hibernation or that they were just disappearing somehow. And since then people say, no, actually the bigger forests are getting more activity at that time or keeping activity in fact, whether smaller areas are going quiet. So we're thinking that maybe perhaps they move to the larger areas where they could be more food or where they could exist together with more cooperation. You know, nobody knows the details of that kind of thing, but yeah, you're mentioning that, you know, the different times of year and at the different times of activity. I just wondered if there's a quiet time over there for you as well, and a time where it gets busy for activity.
Speaker 1: Well as far as what you were talking about large areas, that's h Actually to me that would make sense that that would have more activity. Well, I think in this year. First of all, the key word to me would be large. If you got in my opinion, I believe if you have a large, vast area that gives more room for them to spread out, it's maybe easier them to stay or remain elusive and more protected as well. Like a smaller area, if you have too much more of a crowd in there, then you know, then well then there would be more of a challenge or more of a struggle for you know, survival based off of sources and everything. Being in a large, more abundant area. I guess there's a lot of ways we can look at that in a positive way where that would be more yeah, you know, more productive speaking.
Speaker 2: Makes sense.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like you were saying, as far as yeah, my time here, you know, I know, even though you're in a different location, we all experience and we all experience the seasons. Well, correct me if I'm wrong. What's the on the four seasons? You guys experience all the weather, all the different weather over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have all four seasons, but because we're in Ireland, most of the seasons spring, spring, winter contain rain or bad weather, so our whether it's not terrible for them as well. We do get some bad snow occasionally up on our places, but it's not like you guys would experience. But you know, being British, of course nothing works once we get any kind of snow at all or weather. Still, we do get some weather like that, but generally speaking in the spring some autumn winter is as it should be, with patches of mixed weather all the way through. So the summer has a lot of rainy days or months, or if you have two days of sun, you definitely get like two days of rain afterwards, because we're surrounded by waters which just picks up the water and dumps it on the island. And depending on which part of the island you're in. I grow up in Wales, it's far very mountains and hilly or the valleys there range every day in most places, whereas in England where I am now near London, it's quite dry most of the time. So we you know, we'll find we have those four seasons. What we're thinking about here with our big Foot or whatever they are, is in Britain. Actually, I did a study recently that showed that actually there's a very low urban, sorry very low rural population in England and most of the land space is actually not taking up at all. Most of the urban population is in the very very small percentage of land and it was something really really tiny Ashuely. There was a study about it in twenty twelve by the UK National Ecosystem and they were surprised to discover only six point eight percent of the UK's land area could be classified as urban, and that included rural development and roads. And you know when they broke the figures down amongst the four primary nations you know, England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, you know, that picture was even more spar so. What they discovered was the urban landscape only accounts for ten point six percent of England, which is the most populous nation. I think that's fifty four million people, one point nine percent of Scotland, which is nothing three points and they've got four million people in Scotland, three point six percent of Northern Ireland. Now that's only one point five million people, and four point one percent of Whales, which is three and a half million people. So they figured out that ninety three percent of the UK is not urban, fifty four percent of the land in the towns and cities. There's also green space like parks and a lot onents in football fields and things like that. And then the gardens they discovered use of a further eighteen percent of urban land, and the waterways and reservoirs six point six percent. So what they discovered was in England alone, seventy point six percent of the urban areas are natural as well, which leads just two point two seven percent of england landscape is actually built upon, so ninety percent natural and that to me, and what you'll find in the cities and towns as you're going around, there's lots of green corridors you call them motorways, with lots of fields and hills coming in and out, and lots of forested areas coming right up to the cities and through them. These lovely rivers and railway lines and things are heavily forested. And our theory is when they do come close to habitations, they use these green corridors to get in out and move around, you know. And there are stories of them quite close to cities actually, and towns sometimes in them.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's strange.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We're's covering lots of odd things about the country. We never even knew ourselves. You know, we all, I live in London, we all think of Britain's being overpopulated, because if you live in London, that's the feeling you'd have.
Speaker 1: Well see, that's you know, even though you know the the United States, you know, we have a lot of forests, you know, and you know where there's we have a lot of elusive animals, even you know, right here in Virginia where you know, on the east coast, you know there'll be there's several even the Department of Game and Indo Fishery, we have a loosive animals here, such as the mountain lion, cougar, you know, and there's been several eyewitnesses to the you know, to the you know, the mountain lion, you know, the cougar. I've seen one two years ago for the first time and it was in my main researcher. It was a black one, you know, black you know, panther, and uh, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. You know, I wasn't alone. I wasn't the only one that was there that saw them. But now I'm just one of hundreds of eyewitnesses just in the state of Virginia alone, not to mention there's other surrounding states that they believe that they they're not there either. But but now let's you know, the UK. That's the thing. People are underestimating the possibilities, you know, even even without the eyewitnesses. You know, they're not even you know that. I guess that's where the closed mind kind of comes in.
Speaker 2: You know, it's sort of what you perceive to see this country as. And even most of the criticism I get up at these statistics that I released in a little blog called What's with the Habitude? And it was I got so many, so many trolling sort of messages of hate. Now you don't know what you're talking about. Britain is over populated, this is all farmland and it was so. And then I proved the statistics more to say, well, actually siddenly persidered, what they call farmland is actually rough grazing in forest. Yeah it's it's not it's not used. And people are so opposed to the idea because I think it breaks a conception that they have so in this country, especially in others as well, you have this concept of you know, we can believe in the yetti and the Himalays, because that's far away. You don't have to imagine it in our own backyard, right, or the Pendic or you know, the Machilean bimbi in the Congo in a big forest. Because it's far away and deep, nobody knows much about it, so we can imagine something in this situation. We're not familiar with brill you know, the Queen's Country, London and Manchester and all these built up cities, or the way we perceive them to be built up. We say, well, you know, this is impossible, and most most of the Americans are actually quite open to it, but most of the British people say, this is ridiculous. I'm British and I should know. I've been walking out in the woods. I've been hiking up the hills, right. I didn't see one. And of course you probably get this too. I did not see one, So how can it exist?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Because I've been out there, why haven't I seen one? The same with lock in this monster. You go up to the loch. It's seven hundred and whatever feet deep, allegedly twenty five miles long. It's so dark the water from the peak fields around the hills. You can't see anything. Even if you're in a sub in the water, you still come see anything. And so completely surrounded by forest and hills. And I went there and stood out on the dock at night, ten o'clock at night in April twenty twelve and thought, I cannot see a single thing. It's black. But there is incredibly uninhabited, surrounded by forest and hills. So if something is here, how would you know? What if it's nocturnal? What if exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a good point.
Speaker 2: What if in the forest or the caves in the daytime, what if their underground caves there are always out to the sea either side, and we just think, well, they've investigated, they've looked. It can't be there because they didn't find it. And I think the big mistake with wild animals, and especially rare animals, that we make is wild animals want to be around us. I think they want to be seen by us. They don't want to be anywhere near us. And I'd think that definitely counts for the Bigfoot if it's since it seems to be intelligent, there's no reason why it would willingly in most cases try to put itself in your line of sight.
Speaker 1: Right right, It's kind of like a me and you. It's like we know where the bad part of the neighborhood is, you know, or the bad part of town, and why go there when it can be dangerous? You know. So it's you know, it's same concept with Bigfoot or any crypti that has any intelligence, their instinct or whatever it may be. Why expose themselves when it could be dangerous? And most of yeah, most wildlife they're very keen in sense to know what danger is. So you know, yeah, they're going to keep your distance, and you know it would make sense for them to do that, I mean, in my opinion. And then also, you know you're you're talking about you know that you're you're getting all this hate mail, the ridicule. You know, I can only imagine what you're going through. Considering a lot of us here in the United States we get the same thing from non believers, some skeptics, and we're in a much larger, vast, more ear we have more area for all this the rome, you know, and I mean.
Speaker 2: Both spaces concerned. You could say there's untouched forests out there that some Americans have ever walked through. There must be in your land. You know areas where because there was no reason for you to take that path. You know, there's no reason for you. And it's the same in the UK where you go along the railways or you drive along the motorway. You just vast fields and forests and hills stretching them forever. And that's just a bit you can see from the part you're on. There's you know, every couple of miles there's a house or something. You never see anybody standing around or walking around, and you think, so this stretches out for miles and miles and miles. Nobody said you could probably walk in a straight line all day and all night without seeing anybody, and yet we still think there's nothing there. You've only got to put Google Earth onto the country and zoom out. You'll see the green. You know, it's I think the perception is that it has to be in big, large forests and places like that, but I think really the only major requirement is isolation for the most part of being able to find some cover, and that can take many forms. As far as food sources go, We've got so much. Yeah, and there's twenty million sheep in the country roaming the hills.
Speaker 1: Oh Wow. Yeah, what about vegetation, you know, because that's the question I get last. You know, others can ask that, you know, like you know, both humans and animals. So you know, is there edible plants you know, all in the wild that you know you could eat or animals could eat, humans could eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there's lots of plants and berries and roots and all kinds of things that are available all year around actually, and also there's fruit, you know, frue orchards and things. We also have a large, large croppable areas in certain parts of the country which could be quite easily exploited. But it's the you know, it's it's that background for the omnivore, if you like, with their bear like in their feeding habits, all footing everything. There's so many lakes and locks and streams and coastal areas where there's summuch shellfish and actual fish and you know, crayfish the rest of it. And then you've got the deer, the sheep, millions of wildfowl and birds walking around the place. And we've got wild born out again as well. I then we've got about only four or five thousand of those, but they're expanding quickly. And of course we've had the big cats now for the last thirty forty years since they were all let go in the seventies and we bought our new license in law and the Dangerous Wild Animals Act, and you know, we don't see those too often. We do see them enough to know they're there, like you saw with your cougar, but they managed to stay out of sight. And there's no way there would be as intelligent asn't a. But then primarily nocturnal, they stay in areas where their food sources. I actually had a report from a lady a horse breedo near near here, in a place called Rasper, and we're just on the edge of the rural area here where I live. And she went to get a hay consignment for her horse. So there's a there's a farm yard somewhere. You just roll in, you've got a contract, you pick up the hay, and you leave. So this was in the winter. She drove in help. A slight was dark at her land rover and the light swung full beam, and a friend in the car with her twenty five feet away. She suddenly sees she's five eight five mine a waist high panther or whether it's a cougar or a leopard. We don't have probably a leopard being here but black and that's the most common time we have here black panther waist high, three foot long for long three foot tail. She saw it close enough that was walking towards them slowly, by twenty five feet away. She's sort of close enough to see that it was male and male Genitalian, that it lifted face. Wow, it wasn't afraid of her, just sauntered up to her slowly and she got you know, she got in the in the contra away and it wasn't really after I think it just wasn't afraid, right, And that you know, for the creature like that to be walking around and now hundreds and hundreds of reports, it has to have been born here right growing.
Speaker 1: Up to me, that would make sense. You know. It's like, you know, there's a lot of animals that you know, for those who study the animals here in the United States, and I'm just saying you don't have to be a wildlife biologist to pick up on this. For this public information that what was native to some land that would believed to be extinct through a period of time. People believe that either they were reintroduced, which there are some animals that were reintroduced to the area that were once native now something like the mountain lining the you know, yeah, there was a you know, there's some public information if you do if they if you do enough digging, there is information out there where you will come across where some of these species were reintroduced. Some are believed to be uh that may have migrated moved back into the area from other areas, you know, because you know, there's been sightings in West Virginia. Uh, there's you know. And then just like the wolves, we have red wolves which believe that we're over a period of time and migrated from up north down and you know into the lands here, which into bred with the coyotes. You got the koy wolves, you know, and uh, you know, so forth, and real quick before I go on, before we go on any further, I want to make a quick announcement for those who are watching us uh and listening. If you want to interact with the live chat, if you have a question for Andy. If you are on your laptop desktop, the live chat is on your top right hand corner. If you are on your cell phone watching US and listening. If you scroll directly below down where you are viewing US. Directly below from where you're viewing US, you will find a live chat. Just He'll pop up and uh again, I got the live chat open next to me, so I'm keep my eye on the live chat. And by the way, we do have Zach with us. Zach, I wanted to give you a ee second if you want to jump in to say hello to Andy.
Speaker 3: Well, Hello, mister Andy. It's nice to meet you, sir.
Speaker 2: Hi Zach, how are you nice to meet you too.
Speaker 3: I'm just I like, I just sit here on message Daniel. I'm just sitting here. I'm the mercers listening to you talk with as much as you know everything. I'm just I'm just fascinated by how much you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, thanks very much. You know I've had well, Daniel gave me my first interview but a year and a half ago when I was just wanting to write about this phenomenon in Britain. But at the time I didn't think anybody would be interested, and I was trying to put together a TV show and write a book at the same time, and which is out now. The piece of Britain. It's on Amazon, and Daniel said, hey, why didn't you come on the show? Sometimes I was like, oh really, wow, okay, that's amazing and he wants to talk to me, And that was actually Daniel the impetus for me saying okay, So then I'll contact a bunch of other people and say hey, can I come on your show?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And I think I've done about fifty now since then.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a bunch coming up and it's expanded actually, so I'm starting to do some talks now you're in the UK. I've got the Brittish Crickets talk on the twenty seventh of May. There's another one called the Spirit of the Marsh, which is kind of like the May Day festival I'm doing. And the talk is called Tales of the Woodwarves, which is the Woodwarves is the name for the Bigfoot here in Britain, like historically centuries ago, the Woodwarves that was the wild man of the forest. He's depicted in all the old churches and tapestries, is this very tall hairy man. And I believe.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, yeah, yeah, I'm just saying I do believe I know what you're talking about. Yeah, is it the one that has like it looks like maybe they have like like leafs around the face.
Speaker 2: That's the green man, the.
Speaker 1: Green man, that's I always get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it went similar. I think it's the same thing personally, But they're wrapped up in mythology of like these forest spirits. But whenever you see the depiction, and these are centuries old depictions carves and churches and woven into the tapestries, and the royal families in Europe used to use them as part of their uh as part of their insignias on their flanks and their heraldry. They call it that they are, you know, a man's face. But you have to remember that this is a description that somebody's given for somebody to carve or draw, and yet of giant size, you know, at least head and shoulders above are the men that they're facing these types of combat and and different sort of interactions with people throughout our history. Now you have to wonder if Bigfoot is a Monday pop culture phenomenon that just starts to affect Britain. Now, where do these guys come from? Where does that depiction that completely matches. This come from, of course the NASAs. They don't want admit that. That's just dor mythology and coincidence, right, just like dragon depictions occasionally looking like terrosols and things like that. Must be a mistake, right, maybe they sold fossils. I love all that stuff. Yeah, but there it is, So started the book, did that. Still trying to put this TV series together that were going to record a pilot in Lake Windermere, which is the home of a NeSSI like creature called Bonssi. It's been seeing a bunch of times and in twenty fourteen the last photo of it. It was an amazing photo captured by a lady called Ellie Williams, and she worked for a magazine called Autographer, and she set up a new camera like a kind of the game cam, and to go once a minute throughout the day. It was to record the changing seasons of the day. The magazine's all about photography. And she got it back after the day and she looked at images and in the distance she can see something swan like and as he's meant, there's a big hump but a big arch crane neck, you know, and foggy like swimming about in the morning. There's nobody in the foreground or the background. Nobody can figure out how she faked it, if she faked it. And there's never been anything since to say, yes, you know, it was a ruse, it was a promotion, nothing. It just still stands out of course, it's unacceptable to people. Any evidence is always unacceptable, isn't it, because what have you got to sell? I did a little blog on Todd recently, on his discovering Bigfoot. I had a friend of mine, she's a CGI expert. Well, she's a professional. She's worked in Hollywood on things like Noah and The Hobbit, and and she did an assessment of Todd's footage. And what I asked her was, look, you don't care about bigfoot or only there's a genre at all. You know, he gets a lot of hassle about his footage, and it's really passionate, it's really emotional. Either you believe him and you hate everybody who doesn't, or you don't believe him you hate everybody who does right. And that's where it kind of falls for most people anyway in the community. So can you just review it and tell me if you could fake this with your experience, and she reviewed it and she said, yeah, I could do that. You know, you could do this with simple layering and costumes, she said, But what I have to point out is the work is a very high quality. And my point on that was the rest of his documentary isn't of high quality at all. Right, it doesn't matter the high quality of his Sasquatch. The production of the documentary doesn't. No, it's a bit. I mean, it's not bad, it's just there seems to me to be like a difference in quality. And there was two series. One was when he created those Sasquatch ten years ago, already filmed them. If he created them, the people working for him then aren't with him now because of course the devil Squatch or the devil face you see at the end, that's of a much lower quality than everything else because it's just a black face, you know, between some logs, So could be anybody, anybody anyway.
Speaker 1: There's so many different faces. Yeah, yeah, so many. I'm sorry to interrupt. There's so many different faces, like you said, descript decrypted of you know what you know, what people see more what Hollywood believes or things he could be if he would for those who you know, don't believe that, think he were If he was, really he could look like that. Of course, there's so many horror flicks out there, you know, people have all these images out there, you know. So, but then you know, if you if you solely go based off of eyewitness description, you know, then you might have a different picture, you know, which you know, I'm sure you're well familiar with the Roger Patterson and Bob Gamble footage having a California in nineteen sixty seven. Well, you know, I guess a lot of people think, well, that's what Bigfoot must look like, you know. You know, it's like, well, we're me and you. We're different, you know. You know, we're in different areas of different regions. And it's here on the you know, the United States. You got East coast, West Coast. You know, people on the West Coast, you know who grew up there, and you know, you got different types of people out there. You got the beach bump people, you know, that's like that in Florida, you got the people from the hills and the mountains. They look like me, you know, I mean, so, I mean, yeah, you know, you've got all these different faces you know, so.
Speaker 2: That to me makes sense, right, to me makes sense. And plus he says that he's filmed all three of the main faces that you see in different areas, you know, on in these different areas. They're saying, we're both human beings. We're both you could say we're both Caucasians, but we are really different, right. Chimpanzees all look different to each other, and so the gorillas, well, chimpanzee is muscle. But that's that's just a you know, a sign that well, his film could be real. I always used to think it was real. It's really only his presentation that may be doubted. But then I think if you've been accused of being alive for so long, you're going to have that kind of air of protesting your innocence, which makes it hard for people to trust you, doesn't it, Because you're always standing on your dignity trying to profess you that you're innocent before you're even accused, because that's what's been happening every single time. So that and then that can if you come in at the back of that, you know, when some of these already spent ten years been accused and now he's telling you something is real. You're going to think something's off of the guy because it is. He's been a keyse to something for ten years. So I'm still really on defensivebut it I did not that it's my any expert on that at all, but I thought her opinion was important because she's not involved in it. And significantly she said, yes, it could be faked. It could be. It could be done. That's what she said, it could be done. Not that his footage was fake, but if it is fake, and she didn't say it was, it's a high quality production.
Speaker 1: Wow. And that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good endorsement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with. And we have a question in the live chat for you. Oh yeah. The question is, and Andrew, do you think the UK hides facts on UFO, Bigfoot or etc. Like the USA does? And what's your thoughts on why a lot of governments hide facts.
Speaker 2: I think that the UK may in fact have hidden UFO sightings. I mean I think they did a Ministry of Defense release a year last year or the year before, but there were actual UFO reports in there.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: As far as I'm aware, I haven't. I don't have the details. And that Bigfoot I don't think so. And the reason I don't think so is that as opposed to the United States, this is a very rare animal here if it is here. On the British Bigfoot Map for the British Debra Hatswel and many people in the British Bigfoot Research team have put together there's about four hundred and sixty four hundred seventy sightings spanning around about forty years, many modern ones, even very recent ones up until you know, last months and months before. But that's rare. We've got sixty five million people, that's about forty years. We've got four hundred and sixty sightings, most of which are either road crossings or you know, very unexpected forest. Right, it's one person and one person usually you know, one person and the sasquatch I mean or bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not pretty accurate pretty much how it happens here, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same thing the boat sighting is. It's a very it's so similar in fact or the occasional curious sighting. So there's one. I did an investigation recently in box Hill in Surrey, and this is a National Trust area, so it's a preserved area. It's lots of rolling hills and fields, and there's a big hill that's the elevation of about four hundred feet, and there's these things called the steps that people walk down and up, and they're incredibly steep. They go all the way down. They're earthen steps, you know, hemmed in with wood. And at the side of the steps it's very deep forest. And in twenty twelve, a jogger was jogging in the summer and evening. Then she rested on these steps and at nine thirty but still light at that time, and she heard she had heard some wood knocks before, but she didn't know what that was, what it meant. And then she heard some footsteps coming up behind her, and thinking it was a dog walker, she just moved aside and nobody passed, so she turned around and saw six foot plus muscly biped lape man sort of brown and grayfird domed head, a wide jaw, incredibly muscular, just watching her from about ten meters away, and stayed there for thirty forty seconds and turned around and walked away with this regular looking over the shoulder, yeah where she was, And as it moved away, she reported smelling a stale farm animal type of smell, which is like this bigfoot smell. So we've talked a lot here about is this a defensive strategy this smell because you don't always smellet but sometimes you do, right, Yeah, And we've got two incidents like that where the smell has been smelled, smelled right after it's been spotted. There was another one called the five Roads eight Man in Scotland. So what happened with this particular incident? And a guy was driving him to the five Roads roundabout and I think that's in our carlt airshow. I can't remember actually, but somewhere in the Highlands and it's it's dark and as he came up to the roundabout he said that a seven foot tall or around u tan walking on two.
Speaker 1: Legs the road in front of.
Speaker 2: Him there was there was ice shiner as it turned and looked at him as he crossed, and then walked off into some forest facing on the other side of the road. I don't know if you have roundabouts there, what do you call them? The little circular road feature that you have to go.
Speaker 3: Around you a roundabout?
Speaker 2: Yeah, around about? Yeah, if you come to a junction, there's normally a circular island here.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, what is that? Yeah? Intersection or intersection? Do you have it?
Speaker 2: You have the round circle?
Speaker 1: Uh? Not the I know, I know exactly what you're talking about. There's actually a D Washington cul sack.
Speaker 2: You know, it's more like a feature in the middle of the road which different roads intersect one too, and then they go around around.
Speaker 1: There's an island with Wilver No, I know, yeah, I know what he's talking about. I've seen one. Yeah, I can't remember where I was at when I had actually headed up the Ohio actually had one Washington D.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not exactly the same thing. It's basically there's normally four by the exits from the round from one, there's a circular island in the middle with woodland or forest on it, and then you drive around and you find your exit. And in this case, this creature, it must have been late at night and it was you know who's by himself, the driver. This creature walked off the roundabout, passed in front of his car as he slowed down and walked into the forest to the left. Now, he wound down his window and he said he could hear it walk into the forest and what he smelled was a stale farm animal type of smell. So there's that smell again. It's interesting. So the question was about to the government's hide. I don't think they do a big fure because I don't think it's it's it's so rare. I don't think they really know.
Speaker 1: Much about it. Yeah, I guess like in Asia, for example, you know, the Asian governments actually you know, they speak about how they welcome people come in and they you know, they speak about how they believe Asia is a different, whole different thing all ourself. But you know, it's like, you know, a lot of us questioning like, well, Asia is so open about a lot of stuff like that. You know, why can't the United States be like that? You know, as far as when we're talking about government wise, But a lot of people believe government's hiding something. I mean, they can be. But you know, we have the proof of that. Although they have cover ups. We all know that much. But yeah, they have the reasons. But the thing is Bigfoot is bigfoot. You know, if Bigfoot is a cover up, I mean it can be. For we can I can name several reasons why they're doing it. You know, we all I think we all can't really, But but then again, this, you know, it's more of a theory, you know, or theory.
Speaker 2: And that's a great thing about conspiracies from a government perspective. I was in government, I was trying to hide something. I'd released a couple of conspiracies along with it with a bit of truth because you keep people finding and on cuting about it, and then I don't really need to do anymore work, just that them find it out with all the ideas that spring from it. Right in regards to Big one of my main things. If they are covering up with your country, I think it's because it's it's a philosophical point of view, because something that walks on two legs and looks like an ape should be some kind of missing link, and I don't think it is. And I think that they know if they know about it, they know it's not, and therefore finding it improving it would prove it's no kind of missing link because I think it's an ape. That's just my opinion. The other thing is maybe people will go out on the mask and try to hunt them, and that's one of the things they're afraid of. But I'm not sure how much I believe in that theory myself.
Speaker 1: Right back to the round about what we were talking about. A good friend of mine on Facebook, I guess he commented, he's Facebook, but he said it's called a rotary circle.
Speaker 2: Rotary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he lives here in Virginia and he's actually now that he mentioned it, it's like here in the Richmond, Virginia, which Richmond is the capital of Virginia. You know, if it depends on what part of Richmond you go into, it's more around the colonial area we have. We have stuff like that. They're down around the monument.
Speaker 2: Everywhere you're always struggling to get on and get on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of them. I mean we have small ones like yeah, if you go with further north of northern Virginia, you know, going into where it merged into West Virginia Maryland. Yeah, we have one that's more like that when the highways combined into it. Then you got ones more in the city where just it's weird. But yeah, they're not a strange things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think I'm just as I gave the example, I realized that I made an assumption about the same road services being in place in the US. Clearly it's not that common. I was like, wait a minute, round event, this is a colloquialism. You need to explain that.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to share that since I saw that pop up, remember that myself.
Speaker 2: Can we have to a round the bed Next time I see it, I'll think it's a rotary.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, kind of like the old rotary phones you got. I wanted to turn this over to Zach for a little bit. Uh. You know, Zach's always got tons of questions. But real quick, there's a question I want to ask you, and I probably have asked you in the past, or if you haven't, you probably got Maybe you have spoken to him Adam Davies, Yes, okay, yeah, I didn't know if you were familiar with him with have you done anything with him or no chance?
Speaker 2: No, I know I do talk a little with Adam from time to time, but I would like to think we're friends, but we're friends through friends. So he's been amazing over the years, over the last few years of providing advice and you know, bits of research, especially when I was doing the book then to give me some sort of context for what I was doing. He's just such a nice guy. Now I know him mainly to Deborah Hatswell, yeah, Bigot Research group, and we've talked a few times. And I keep saying, if I get my series, will you be in it? And of course I will, but that's assuming I get it. Now I did score. I don't like to talk about things like this because you know what, even if you get a good contact to pitch your idea, it's not it's not a guarantee of anything. But there could be something big coming up, That's all I'm saying. And if it doesn't come up, I didn't say what it was, so there's no no fail. But as far as the talks are going, you know, I'm he helped with some advice on that. Other people helped as well. Introduce me to some people. I'm doing the International Cryptosology Conference with Lauren Coleman. Yes, yeah, like for me, he's the godfather of cryptosology, reigning godfather anyway, he's the existing one. And you know, one of the experiences that the fact that he said yeah, come, I was like, oh my god, Okay, that's amazing. How I'm not going to speak in front of Lauren without stuttering and spluttering.
Speaker 1: He's human just like me and you.
Speaker 2: He is is you know, it's one of those things. If he if he questions one of my series that I know is right, I'll just have to agree with him. You know, it's Hierarches. You must be right, then I must have imagined that, because that's that's you and that's me. I don't think about things that way that often, but there's a few people they've just done that much work. I was talking to Carl Sugar as well as the writer Crypto as you writer doctor Carl Sugar people Critter's Ology books. He's another guy that's just a message him and it talks to you. So when I first started, I started talking to him about the book and the series that I wanted to do, and I just asked him out right, will you be an He said, I won't be in it because they said I don't like to do any TV because I'm not comfortable with it. But if you need any advice about writing and bits and pieces, and sure enough, over the last year off, it's just always been really really helpful. In fact, I've gotten an article that's just come out in Crypto Culture today which is the last chapter in the book Preparation for Preservation about how can we bring in laws to protect these unproven animals? In some places like Scimania County and other places champ for example, there are local laws that protect which is now a lot of people are suing governments, aren't they for recognition? Todds suing Canadian government? This other bigfoot tall lady was suing the American government recently, wasn't she about recognizing Bigfoot? And I think that kind of thing is a waste of time. I think protection for the animal is better gained on a local government level, because one they could be tourism involved in making an area, you know, a big foot protected area or a lake monster protected area. Whether it's say or not, it helps the local economy and ecology, you know, so it helps the environment and the local people get some tourism from it, which I think is good. And I just think trying to push big laws like that through government to the courts, it's a waste of time because they have to prove things with evidence, and the fact that we're all out here, me and you and the other guy is trying to find something proves that we don't have it yet we don't have enough evidence to prove it, like fully do we We've got footprints and hair samples, but we don't have anything that's going to make the scientist jump back and say, okay, you got it. Yeah, and we do need to find some sort of middle ground with those guys at some point because eventually we ever want to get recognition, we've got to play the game.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, what what you just said? It was actually very well said. It makes a lot of sense. Yeah, local government, you know, you know, instead of trying to make it why why you know, tourism. You know, when you said that, it just kind of like a light turned on in my head, like, wait a minute, you know that that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Make it?
Speaker 1: Well? Right, But yeah, we we want to protect it, you know, But there's other ways I'll go about looking at.
Speaker 2: This too, you know, definitely, definitely if yeah, find a way around, because I do think those big cases just a bit sort of self publicity in a way, aren't they sometimes?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they can't win them.
Speaker 1: So that's pretty good. Now you're really your most recent book, you said that that is on Amazon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on Amazon. So there's there's two visions at the moment. There's the paperback version, okay, and there's so on Amazon dot com you can find it there. And there's the kindle version, the digital version. The digital vision is very very cheap. The paperback version seems to be quite expensive the moment. I'm trying to get the costs down. So I'm going to try to move the parameters over the next week and see if I can just drop it a bit more at the moment, because it seems to be expensive in for me, expensive because in the UK, in the UK parents it's may see, it's it's nineteen ninety nine, but I think in.
Speaker 1: What's the what's your book?
Speaker 2: It's called Beasts of Britain.
Speaker 1: Oh, Beat to the Britain, all right, it's Britain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's part of a series actually, So I'm writing two other other books at the moment as I'm paying this way like an idiot, and so yeah, So it's twenty nine dollars and eighteen cents on Amazon dot Com, which is a lot of money. So I'm going to try and get that cost down in the next week or so. But it's two dollars and seventy eight cents on the kindle on the digital version, So if you've got Prime, you know, you can read it for free. So that's and that's part of that. So I do would like people to buy it, but maybe wait a week because it should be cheaper after that point.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, all right, here it goes. I just got it. I just pulled it up. Yeah all right, yeah yeah, because I see it listed right here for twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So I want to I want to get that down a lot. I think it's to do with the parameters on color printing and the photos and all the kinds of things that were in there. So to just change a few parameters and maybe that will bring it down to a reasonable price, the price I'd be willing to pay myself.
Speaker 4: Ka ka kay yeah, h m hm h m hm.
Speaker 2: Hm. Oh Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, yeah, h you got still on there.
Speaker 3: I can't hear now of you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can hear you now, Sach. I can't here, Daniel, I.
Speaker 3: Can't hear Daniel.
Speaker 2: No, he's gone.
Speaker 3: Well he said he was going to turn it over to me. So if you're if you're still listening, I'm gonna take over for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Whenever you, uh, get back on here.
Speaker 2: Since it's live anyway, I'm happy let this do your pig.
Speaker 3: But but let me let me introduce myself first, mister Ay, my name is Zach Stark from a little town in Illinois here in the United States called crab Orchard. I'm a lifelong fan of anything and anything unknown.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I've been in a cryptus zoology now for thirteen years, studying all sorts of cryptids from not only here in Illinois and in the United States, but from around the world. And there's a lot of questions that I have, especially about cryptids over there in the UK, aside from what I read about you guys have what and this one of these books I call it about the like the Beast of Dartmoor.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, to the cats uh old chuck uh huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Those are the two that has really struck a nerve with me and everything. And I've always been very very interested. And then what can you tell us about those?
Speaker 2: Okay? And the Beast of Dartmoor is primarily talking about a big cat, a big black cat. So there's a lot of big cat sight into the u K hundreds actually, and over the last the years it ranged into the thousands. So we had something called the Dangerous Wild Animals Act that was brought in seventy six or seventy seven, I think, because a lot of people in the countryside were keeping these big cats and other exotic wild animals without proper precautions, and you know, there were incidents happening. So they've brought in this expensive licensing law and a lot of people just let them go. So I know, personally, I know four witnesses who've seen them over the years and right up to the modern day in Dartmore, which was one of the famous places it was seen, and also even in this area that I'm in, and all around right up to Scotland, there are sightings of what can only be described as black panthers or sort of tawny colored humors. Now I know there's no such things as black panther, but they tend to be more towards the melanistic leopard kind of identity. These black cats are the scene which are you know, regularly described and that in the same way. But all the witnesses usually people have no no interest in seeing them or you know, never expected to see anything like that before that. The black shook is that's more of a supernatural thing most people think, which is normally a giant black dog that's seen and manifests and that kind of an apparition kind of form. So just to give you an example of what which would be the Billingham black dog. Now that's an area in County Durham in the north of England. Billingham. Now two teenagers they claim to see the black shock on several occasions that they described as being like a huge shadow of a black dog with red glowing eyes and they've seen it several times. Its shadowing them in the forest line as they're water were walking around, you know, which is quite strange. There was also a black shock seen in Kimberly, Nottinghamshire in twenty twelve. That's quite a recent one. September twenty twelve and two witnesses saw what they described as a black shock when they were pushing their bikes to a field and poors had taken the view looking back the way they come, they saw a horse sized black dog along the hedge at the top of the hell before vanishing. Now it doesn't really describe it whether the vanishing is like a disappearing in front of them or whether it disappeared out of sight. So I don't really know what that one is. And then there's another one I've got here June twenty fifteen, so that's an even more recent one where witness saw a creature in all fours run in front of his car Independerford area of a place called Wolverhampton's near Birmingham, and he said the creature resembled the wolf, added Harry Potter, he's a tough wild but he can't deny what he saw in his own eyes. So it seems to be we do have some dog men or whale wolves.
Speaker 1: We see.
Speaker 2: I say wheale wolf, but I think dog man is like the rebranding of the wheel wolf, isn't it sure make it less emparenting, less supernatural. We have some weather sightings that are more bipedal wolf like here too, as well as the Bigfoot, and they similarly to the United States, they are the percentage compare the big Foot a lot like. Yes, I could give you one or two of those if you like.
Speaker 1: Actually good, Yeah, that's pretty cool. That's interesting. I personally a lot of people ask me about my take on the dog man, you know, and the thing is that. I mean, I you know, when I do get asked my personal opinion about it, and you know, my response is, well, there's a part of me that wants to believe it, but you know, I'm going to remain on the you know, I can't believe it, but I'm not going to dismiss it and I'm not going to ride it to the mood for it. But you know, I guess you know, where do you could stand on that? If you don't want me asking for me?
Speaker 2: It's something I'm uncomfortable with. But psychologically I realized my discomfort with the dogman's theory of sightings is similar to a non belief. It's discomfort with the big focieties. So you know, one man's big voice and then the man's dog man.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I realize what I'm saying. I'm asking people to believe there's a big foot in Britain, but if they tell me this's dog man really. There was a very popular sighting here popularly known Sighting in Hull in twenty sixteen. The whole is in the North of England for North of England, and I always joke that it's a kind of place that's where were our expression. I've been to hulland back.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And you really will occasionally feel that way if you've been there. Allegedly, I've never been there, so what happened there in this whole sighting was I was very descriptive. So several sightings for different people over too through week period. So it's in East Yorkshire, this place actually in England. So the first sighting was made up by a local woman who described it as running on two legs and then on all fours, resembling a human and a wolf, so I'm getting what she means bipedal nater. A couple said they saw something tall and hairy eating a dog next to a drainage channel which runs through the countryside. They claimed that the creature jumped over an eight foot high fence with the dead dog in its mouth.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And another woman was walking her dog which she's spotted something half dog and half human and it says she I think she said her dog refused to go any further on the path they were walking down, which you can't really blame it. It's got some sense, I think, yeah, they're not. And there's a like a final one year. It was seen by a vet and she was driving through the east riding village of Househip, which is in the same area. She saw a creature in all fours which walked towards a car on two legs, and she described it as looking like a big dog, probably bigger than her car, covered in cream and gray colored with a human face.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there used to be like a mythical creature or an old sighting called the Beast of Barms and Drain or old sting. I think it's at the wheel like creature then. So we've got historically, we've got lots of wheel of tales in Europe and in England. But some bigfoot fans would argue that they are just bigfoot and people didn't know what they were, so they described yes, real wolf, right, but these creatures tend to have like a wolf like face.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, that's interesting because see you know that was back to kind of like what you know we were talking earlier. The different looks or appearance is based off a region. Yeah, some of us believe that there's a possibility that there's different types of bigfoots. For example, well, in my opinion, and you know, and I think others may agree, but maybe in a different view, you know. And this is one thing a lot of people say. I've been asked if I'm comparing Bigfoot too. Am I trying to make big Foot to our known primates? No, I'm not, but there is there's a lot to compare and a lot of a lot of similarities. What if there is a Bigfoot that's more resembles the baboon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that when you look at the Beast of Seven Shoots picture, that's what you think, right, Yeah, the Beast of seven Shoots. That the alleged photo of the only alleged photo of a dog man apparently, and it has this sort of long, baboony kind of face, right right. I thought that for a long time.
Speaker 1: But I.
Speaker 2: Also admit that the reason I do think because there could be something in it. But the main reason I think it is because I'm uncomfortable with a wolf man, actual wolf man in the sense of, you know, the bipedal creature that has wolf like features. But you know, it could be I've heard lots of different descriptions like this guy. Okay, that's apparently more gorilla like, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gorilla ring things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that old picture that was taken in Florida, the remember that one with has a grayish kind of bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm familiar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that looks I mean you're tennis but with a darker kind of pelt. Right, So I think it would make perfect sense that it'd have variation species. They spread all over the world, Like they're a compendic that's supposed to be four feet tall, and yet it still looks by people in the big Foot like way.
Speaker 1: Now, when you say you're uncomfortable, you know with you know the way you describe it and explain that, I have to kind of go along with you. I think I feel the same way where you know, just based off of what you got, you know, Yeah, because you know the way you describe it, you know, the way you explain it makes a lot of sense as far as you feel uncomfortable about your take on this based off of this here, it's like you want to believe, but yet there's you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just think that for people in our position currently, the dog Man Stories puts us back in the position of the unbelief of the outside of cryptoology, guy who has to try to accept something that they never considered to exist before, right, and that's that's an interesting exercise. Doesn't mean we have to accept it straight away, but we still have to treat those witnesses with the same kind of respect and also, you know, due diligence. So I had a wheal of report given to me, and you know, it was wearing a check shirt and trousers, and it spoke to the lady and had a hat on, and I was like, okay, I was getting yeah, yeah, but I had to admit that, Okay, you know, she's saying all of this, it sounds crazy, but if these things are intelligent and couldn't mimic human behavior and put some clothes on. And then I thought there were too many There were actually lots of how can I put it, There were lots of tells in the whole story that there was an issue, a mental health issue happening. Not to denigrate the ladies, so she was very nice, but it clearly was, you know, there was a mental health issue going on. And I thought, okay, so that's a clear and obvious one. But the other one of a person who has a big foot like experience but was something with doglike features, but that's something different altogether, and I have to consider whether that is real or not based upon the witness description, and it all comes down to preference just there. But even if I'm uncomfortable with that, I don't try not to reject it if it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you you're talking about as she was telling their story? Has what you said had too many tales and it we kind of we referred to it as flags, like there's red flags. Want you like, yeah, there's a red flag in that one, you know, so more or less to take caution about what you're hearing. I do the same thing. I'm I'm always Yeah, I've investigated a few eyewitness reports, you know, in the surrounding areas here, and and uh, you know, you want to get a feel for who these people are, and you want to kind of like sometimes you can always feel their story to be real, you know, it's just the way, especially when they take you to the location. That's what really intrigues me. They're willing to take you there, you know, and give you every detail they can because they want they want to tell somebody this is what I saw and this is where it happened. You know, some people they can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't shake him, right, man. You can't see what you've seen, can you. I think that's amazing. Actually, what I when I look for in these witness reports then it's just me in mundane boring details. Life is full of mundane, boring details. And when you see a witness description has and you know, we're war driven down the road and there was this weird post box on the side, and somebody had knocked over one of the signposts, and it was really a very light way, and I remember that. You know, these mundane, boring details they make the story real to me, whereas you know, the fantastical overelaboration and hype of presentation of everything. I get cautious and I think, okay, well we're selling me something clearly. That doesn't mean it's not true, but it makes me feel a bit immore suspicious of the truth of the story. Whereas if somebody's describing what they've for breakfast that morning, just before they went out and saw the thing, it's part of a daily routine and it's got a reality for me.
Speaker 1: Anyway, rightactly. So, uh, Jack, you're a little quieter, Do you want to jump in? I didn't know if I interrupted you or not before I came back on.
Speaker 3: And yeah, Andy, how far are you from Cornwall and Devon?
Speaker 2: Quite far actually, so it's probably I was there recently in Saint Ives in Cornwall in twenty seventeen, I think, and it was a planet six hour train journey, which in British terms is far.
Speaker 3: I was sitting here reading up on this one cryptid here on my tablet while I was asking you, guys, Paul the based of bodmin More.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, now that's a big cat as well.
Speaker 1: This is what we know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean these are the these are the famous big cats. So when they first started to be regularly, I didn't photographed in this country boardman more. I think there was a researcher that he was down there for years looking for this creature, and I think he may have only got one or two distant photographs of that's how cautious they are. Heat me more. I mean they're all over the place. I was given a story about the father and son who were fishing on a beach. I had just been in front of some sand dunes like sand hills in a beach in Plended, now in Wales, North Wales, and they saw a leopard hunting in the sand dunes, and it saw them and gave chase and they literally ran, they said anyway, they didn't look back, but they just saw it running after and they ran away. That's the only story like that really, But it's they are widespread countrywide. I don't know of a single part of the country that doesn't have big cat stories. Also film pictures, there's so much evidence. But the government is keeping that one quiet through a very very clever British method we call not talking about it. They're not hiding it, they're just not answering any questions. So I think that's quite a cultural thing. If we just don't reply to them, they'll go away.
Speaker 3: Well here's the thing though, and a lot of resources I've found big cats aren't native to the UK.
Speaker 2: They're not not at all.
Speaker 3: They're always they're either released exotic pats or escaped animals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right. I mean these we think the population we think I think and some other people think population is growing a lot. And there's I said, people in nineteen seventy seven, seventy sixcessiveties something I never remember. The Dangerous World Animals that was introduced to cover the care and the keeping these types of animals and lots of and would just let go. I've talked to people who knew people that let them go, and I know four individuals who've actually seen them are close. One sighting of which was on the porch of a house. I was staying in a place called Kromerch in West Wales, near the Procelli Mountains, and I was dating a girl. Her parents lived there, swilly rural like five miles away. That's the next house, and some friends of her mother had come up from London and we were all in the house and one of the friends she was a heavy smoke of this lady, and she got out at five six am in the morning to have a cigarette on the porch on the patio outside with just this little porch patio area and then it's just countryside for miles and miles. And she lit her cigarette and in the light she saw a black panther staring at her ten fifteen feet away, just looking very large cat. She said she was shocked. She froze, watched her three few seconds, turned and walked away. And in that same house, the sister of the girl I was dating she'd seen one whilst riding over the mountain away and it was back in a friend's farm, the farm she had just left, chasing sheep around in the sheep pen, and both skeptical people, both had no intention or desire to see anything like that, and convinced to this very day that they saw what they saw.
Speaker 3: M there's one other crypt and then, Daniel, I'll turn it back over to you. This one has been a fascination of mine since I got into cryptozoology. Over there in the UK, y'all have a version of our American MAPA man in the owl Man.
Speaker 2: Interesting. That is an interesting one. So the owl Man. Basically this this whole story, and there's lots of sighting this whole story. It has a has a bit of a twist to it in that the person collecting the sightings at the time was was a very famous sort of nessy researcher and magician and all of these things. And he used to, you know, he used to go and collect these sightings all around the world or try to contract messy. His name was it Doc Gosh. I don't know his name. That me well, I'll come back to that in a moment. Anyway, but Jonathan Down who's the head of the CFC here and has been running the cryptos orgy groups here in the UK for thirty years. He wrote a great book about it called The Almond and Others. So the first sighting was by two children aged nine and twelve in the village of Morning near Morning Old Church, and what they describe was they saw a birdman hovering above the tower of Morning Old Church and they're said to have run away and directly reported beans into the police. Took them into separate rooms and got them to draw. The creature that drew was a something they said was a five foot tall bipedal owl, grayish brown feathers, very glowing eyes. You know, it's a very strange creature. Other people have seen it resting on a branch. A group of people saw it there and they thought somebody was in a suit messing around, and the creature lifted off and emitted the strange crackling electric static cutor sound. So that's been seen a lot of times. I think it could be very very similar to the moth man. I think the descriptions are very very similar, you know, sort of nondescript. I think there's headless description that's sometimes given of the mothlan could be a creature that has its head very low in a shoulders, you know, in the dark background, with especially the glowing eyes, it would stand out that way. This moth Alman has also been sighted in West Wales at some point and the other places in the country. And I had a theory with these kinds of creatures that are very rarely seen, and some of us, like terroristles, are occasionally seen for and in these creatures could be traveling through our country on the way to somewhere else, migratory root perhaps. And I only think that because not because they are so rarely seen, you know, in quite popular areas.
Speaker 1: M hm wow. Yeah, because you know, we've been in discussions regarding the mating here in the United States. Yeah, and uh, you know there's we you know, of course, in some of our discussions, some of us we try to we always try to demond things, yeah, and we always try to compare, you know, and we've always wanted could it be this, Could it be that you know, we know there's there's giant birds, big owls, owls, owls. I think the most well, the closest that we've could ever come to comparing anything related to a mothman. But you know, yeah, people describe mothman with a white long you know, big wing span, you know, and then other people have you know, seen a bipedal figure, you know, almost like a man, you know. So it's especially with Zach. Zach had an encounter which was very interesting. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, naturally that's interesting, Zach.
Speaker 1: If you if you would like job, if you want to go and share that, Oh do I gotta do it again?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jack shared this one numerous times with people.
Speaker 3: This has got to be my most most highly requested encounter I've ever had.
Speaker 2: I'd love to share it, Zach.
Speaker 3: But all right, well, since you asked nicely, Andy, I'll tell you Daniel not too much.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: It happened a couple of years ago in uh what year was it again, two thousand and uh sixteen. It was right around Christmas time. My girlfriend at the time called me about two forty five in the morning and she says, get up and get ready. We need to go to town and pick something up. And I said, okay, I'll throw my coole's on. You come to the house and pick me up and we'll take off and she said, okay, I'll be there in a bit. And she comes here and she picks me up. And I live out in a very rural area. I live out in the middle of on a cattle farm that me and my family on. I'm a fifth generation cattle farmer.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And we drove down this old country road heading towards the nearest town called Marion, and we're driving slow down the road. It was a clear night like it is tonight. It was a full moon and it was I want to say it was about maybe the twenty first or the twenty second, twenty third of December. And we're just tooling along. She's driving slow because of ice being on the road and everything. And I'm watching at the passenger window to make sure if there's any deer out running. And we come past this one open field that sets right off the road and I looked out in the field and I see the silhouette of looks to be a man standing there, and I said, babe, stop the car. I said, you seeing that guy out there? And she said yeah, And so you stay right here. I'm gonna go check because at the time I didn't know if it was some guy that was out here that was trespassing, or if someone was out here looking for something to steal.
Speaker 1: Or if they were drunk.
Speaker 3: Rocker, definitely, And I got out of the car and I stood on the shoulder and I said, excuse me, sorry, you're okay? I didn't get an answer. And there was no overcast that night, and I saw a solid silhouette and it looked like to be a man wearing a very dark overcoat, but it didn't have any sleeves, so basically it looked like he was wearing a cape. And I hopped across the ditch and I got up on the lip of the field, on the lip of that ditch where it goes into the field, and I said, sir, are you okay? Do I need to call somebody? And that's when it looked and it turned at me, and there was no glow to the eyes before at this point, I said, sir, you okay? Do I need to call somebody?
Speaker 1: Are you all right?
Speaker 3: And that's when the wings opened up and it sounded like whenever you're trying to flatten a tarp out that's all bundled up and you're trying to spread it out and flop it in the wind. You hear that flume sound, that's exactly what the wings sounded like. And about the time my eyes seeing what was going on, the eyes flashed at me a bright red and it hit me with a very sharp pain in my eyes. The only thing I could compare it to was if you've ever been welding with an arc welder and someone flash flashes you with that arc without a mask on. That's it exactly the pain that hit me in the eyes, and it blinded me temporarily for like thirty seconds. To them, that's an I mean, my eyes were just watering like crazy, like my mind as well been crying. And I wiped my eyes and it got my sight back. And before I could open my eyes, I heard another fume and I looked over where this thing was and it was gone. And I turned around and hollered back at the car and I said, Babe, do you see that she goes?
Speaker 1: She goes?
Speaker 3: Yes, I did. I said, you see where he went? And she said no, And I'm not sticking around to.
Speaker 1: See what it was.
Speaker 3: So I got back across the ditch, I got back in the car and we drove to town. We didn't say a word to each other all the way into town, when we got to the store, and all the way back to my house. We didn't say a word, and I sat there the whole time trying to figure out what in the world was it.
Speaker 2: Did you see here's a question. Did you see a distinct head on the figure when you were looking at it before the wings and furled and it was just a statue like figure. Did it? Did it look like a man with the shoulders and the head?
Speaker 3: It looked like just a head sitting on shoulders, No like around his head. Whenever, whenever it turned and looked at me, it turned its whole torso it didn't turn it.
Speaker 2: That's that's significant. Yeah, that shows it's a very short leg. So for a long time now I've got a that's an amazing sighting. By the way, especially because of what happened your eyes when the eyes flashed, So some sort of bioluminescence in the eyes that would explain this globe people talk about. But another thing was you had this it affected your side, so it emitted something at you with this flash of the eyes that affected your vision, which could be some kind of hunting technique. Right blind to pray and then you pray on it, or you blind the predator and you escape. I think that's really interesting. Now there's a similar sighting to yours from Scotland, actually from Glasgow, about the way that this creature looked, and this was somebody that they were walking. They were driving home sorry a four thirty am in the morning, also very early. They missed their turn into their streets and they pulled over to perform a YouTube and the gates of the Sight Hill Cemetery and the Lords boundary, they saw something move extremely quickly through the headlights and it went across the nose of their car, running in the street. They thought it was maybe forty feet in front of them, and they went down the street in from a very fast speed, and this person in the car followed it very very closely to try to keep up and said it was jet black. It might have had something that would either wing or something that looked like a cape, a black cape that it was wearing. They got the impression of maybe feathers, they weren't sure, but something like bad swings. And as they followed it in the street, it stopped, you know, at the end near a wall within the street, and the car driver also stopped and had it towards it to the headlights. Then it jumped twenty feet vertically in the air and over the wall behind it. It's amazing, but some of the similarities, some of the descriptions is the same. You know, there's a man like figure, it's got a cowl on or a cape or some kind of wings or some description that too dark to see the detail of. I think that's an amazing sighting you got. And then it really reminded me of this one when you said it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so much research whenever it comes to flying riptids, especially from spring Hill Jack to the demon Labor to the band Neither Monster, Our Man, the Man, the flying human noise. It's such an interesting thing to me. Like what I want to know is where did these things come from?
Speaker 1: What are they? And why are they here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a lot of people would go to the paranormal explanation because of the creature's attributes. I'd like to shy away from that personally, because I think once we lose it in the paranormal world, you don't you no longer need an explanation. You forget the real, the natural side of things. I'd like to think that some animals that we don't know of i'll quite know yet might have abilities that we would consider extraordinary, like bigfoot infrasounds and people talk about that, don't they, Or you know, bioluminescent features in eyes, and some of the the terrosoles like the rope and that people talk about ore and darva having a bioluminescence that helps them to see at night or to hunt. These things may seem extraordinary, but when you think about it, well, you know, an octopus can change color to disguise itself as a rock, and right, the chameleon can mimic any colored seas. You know, lots of creatures tigers apparently have infrasound. So the elephants and tigers apparently use it. They think that to stun their prey. Yeah. They also think that owls might have some sort of bioluminescence. So, I mean, these are not proven scientific as they're still.
Speaker 1: In the theory.
Speaker 2: But the natural world is very naturally amazing inability. When we look at it objectively, we imagine we never knew about these animals. What they can do seems amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's amazing, Like as far as the infrasound. Just I'm just throwing that out there for example, since you mentioned that's one thing that shouldn't be too far feest for us to believe considering the number of known species that use it. Some may use it in a slightly different way than others, but there is primates that have been known to use it in a smaller primates. But like you said, there's so much that we don't know, you know, we even with our known as species, there's so much that we think we know that because of you know, what is exposed, but there's so much more mystery behind them themselves, never mind something that's considered unknown that you know, even mainstream science is not willing to or not ready to admit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah, fully that. And I think, you know, in one sense, I know, in cryptoology, sometimes science can be our enemy and it can be our friend, you know. So I find conclusive evidence itself friend, and the rest of the time it's ultra skepticism about some very convincing facts can be troubling to as well. I'm quite easy about the whole thing. I just think that we need to embrace it what we can. But science doesn't really have or a tenured scientist don't really have that ability to go out and search for these unknown creatures because it probably would have a detrimental effect on their careers for most of them, you know. So in the old days, if you went up searching for the Lucknest monster and you were, you know, a tenured scientist or part of the Natural History Museum or one of those guys, you weren't coming back to your job on the Monday, you know, after you went out there looking for it. So over the years, you know, that's had a big effect in people. I think they're very cautious because of that, and so they should be. You know, it's you can't just accept anything people like us. I think what's exciting about what we're doing, you and I you guys, is that everybody in the world, you know, thinks at the age of exploration and discovery is gone, and it's not. We've just come to this conclusion that we've seen everything. We've been everywhere, but even in our own backyard, we're barely aware of what's there all. And it's amazing to think that there could be stuff that we've overlooked, especially in the country upbringing, but even in the United States, it's thoroughly explored as far as cataloging of species goes. It's an amazing thing now, either thousands of witnesses or making things up, you know, like the eleven plus thousand of Locknewers are all making things up and corroborating with each other or with Saskoch or there's something in it. And I think there must be something in it, even if it's something we can explain away. It's got to be more than just fanciful ideas and imaginations, because you don't get positive of attention for saying you've seen something.
Speaker 1: Like this, right.
Speaker 2: You might get your name in the paper, but the attention that comes off isn't positive. I try to contact a bunch of British bigfoot witnesses here to ask if they go on camera, and all of them said, no way. The intention we got from the article that came out from the newspaper or whatever was so bad that we don't want to go back into this. We don't want that kind of attention for our families anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, And.
Speaker 2: That what's the encouragement for people to make things like this up, especially in Britain about bigfoot, Because it's not a phenomenon people are familiar with, especially out here. There's not really anything in it. There's not any any background or any benefit for them in making something like this up. So largely, I think a lot of the witnesses, most are telling the truth with v occasional intension to seek in sightings, you know, making their way and occasionally here and the.
Speaker 1: So that's one thing I share, you know what. I have been in several discussions with non believers, skeptics, you know, and so forth, and you know, and some of these non believers and skeptics are some of my own friends, you know, and and family, I will say family mainly pertaining to my older sister, my other older sisters, the youngest out of the two, she's like totally into it, you know. And yeah, and she's always watching and looking. Whenever she goes out hiking with one of her friends and she gets excited, she thinks she's sign his footprints. She send me pictures, Daniel, check this out.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, calm down, Melie, and so yeah, but you know, when it comes to skeptics and stuff, you know, I was like, first of all, are you aware, you know, of the history of big friends, you know, dating back over one hundred years to down you know Native American, you know, documentation to early American history. There's so much to consider this. There's a lot of history that's documented, you know, even in all the eyewitnesses, you know, especially coming from law officials.
Speaker 2: That have you know, Yeah, all kinds of people have seen these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I asked them, I said, are you calling them all liars? You know, maybe some have There's a possibility that, yeah, some of these things could be misidentified or over exaggerated. But you know, you've got to consider the sources. You know, you can't just miss them all, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always been the case with other animals. And look at the giants squid. Yeah, it's a real creature that we've got on film. We go on camera. We found specimens years ago. It wasn't accepted. So I remember that my sister's father in law, her husband's father, who's in the navy, said telling about an experience they have with a giant squid where it just attached itself to the navigation radar, son or what are on the bottom of the boat and somehow however it got off. You know, when they went down there to repair it. It had these claw marks and the claw stuck in it while from the suckers, and nobody ever believed them that they had dis encounter with the giant squid.
Speaker 1: And yet.
Speaker 2: They think he thinks that it was attracted by the pulse that was a bitting and attached itself to it. But regardless of that, you know, for a long time, nobody, you know, everybody thought, who's joking? And we would take it seriously. These navy guys when they make a report, it has to be factual. All these sea captain reports together sea monsters. There has to be a factual report. That's their career. They don't take reporting a sea monster as a lightly thing, right to report what they've encountered. And I but the ones that did make the report were nervous about how it would be received. And it's the same with these government officials. And it was the ladies think we even had the FORLOCKANESSI Peter Scott, who was I think he's dead now. He was a member of parliament and he saw he was a big supporter of it, and the fog like that to go and record, you know, a lord to say I've seen it and it's real and.
Speaker 1: I believe in it.
Speaker 2: That's a big thing, and that's I think the power. You can't and see what you've seen, So when you have a revelatory experience, so to speak, you can't go back, regardless of what kind of attention you get for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, but it's uh, yeah, you know, I understand when it comes, you know, and I'm sure I think we all could agree. And you know that you either we you know, we've always experienced our own ridicule or marckery about what we do. But you know, it's easy to I think it's easy for us to cope and understand with others who you know, have you dealt with it themselves. And at the same time, there's people out there that have seen things that have not shared, but they want to tell it. You know. It's sometimes that you know, whatever they experience, it might be haunting them, but they want answers like a lot of us do. That's been involved with us for so long. And you know that's why I personally, I know, I believe Zach does too, and several others you know as well. We put ourselves out there publicly about what we do I know I do. I I got cards, you know, business cards with my information about who I am or what I do. Contact information. Uh, there's been times I put flyers out there, you know. I mean I've been putting some flyers out in random places publicly meressing for our you know, our upcoming events, so you know, but you know throughout the year, you know, well, mainly within the last few years, I've been putting out you know, these cards, you know, the last three to five years, and uh, you'll be surprised. It's actually pulled people out the woodwork, you know, people somewhere to go to. Absolutely. Yeah. I've been out in public before in the restaurant and you know, one guy, well I had my big foot T shirt on, but he's like, hey, yeah, I know you. I follow you on Facebook, you know, I say, oh cool, he said yeah, because you know, I've run into people out in my research here because it's you know, it's a very wooded, remote area. But you know, during the hunting season, you know, there's a hunting you're allowed to hunt out there, and I've ran into people. I've had a guy pull up to my vehicle. It was him and his daughter. They were hunting and uh he said oh. He said. He says, have you found them yet? I said no. Yeah. This is during this early part of the winter.
Speaker 3: I get asked that question every day by my baseball team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because just a few months ago. Yeah, this is about three about three four months ago. And the guy asked me. You know, he asked me that and I said no, no, but he pointed over his daughter. He says, yeah, he said, I recognize your license, lea, beause I got The guy told me I got one of your cards. He said, my daughter's really into that stuff. She she believes all this though. You know, I said, oh cool, So you know, I got out of my vehicle, you know, in do something. But that's what I like. I like, you know, even regardless I've seen him and it's putting the word out there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's nice that people are getting a bit more okay with it now. So in my job though too recently, the guy, the guy hired me, he said, oh, I take you out to get this book online? What's that about? And in the meeting, the introductory eating the whole boardroom, make explain what it's about. I I just take it with the picture you really believe in that stuff. I said. Yeah, you know, there's there's a lot to it, I said, but more than anything, I enjoy it. And if you tell them that I enjoy it, you know, it makes it easy for them to grasp it, to conceive of it, because then you're not asking people to believe it, you're asking them to accept you and you're into it. Yeah, right, which is a different thing to ask of somebody. It's an easier it's an easier ask, so to say, yeah, you know, I'm really into this. I like these kind of things, you know, boice toys, that kind of stuffs, see Bigfoot the rest of it. Which it's a lot more involved in that, but I don't have to hit them with the whole thing. They can just come bit by bit if they want. I'm talking about negative attention. Actually, the most negative attention I get is from people in the cryptotibology community. It's not you know, because there's rivalry, but there's different opinions on different things. And unfortunately, you know, since our first interview together, I've I've met a lot of these folks along the way. Yeah, and it's been difficult. And normally, will I do if I get a lot of negative attention from some of the if it's not productive, I just say, okay, let's finish the conversation and then just don't communicate or block if it's necessary.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And it's amazing, you know, because it's amazing how many people in the cryptology will really I'm not criticizing the whole community. I'm very grateful to it. But there's some elements that it's very confusing that they will give you heavy criticism for believing the reality of these creatures like Bigfoot and especially in Britain, or lake monsters or whatever. And I'm currently dealing with one situation right now which I won't go into, and it's just amazing kind of what lends or will go to you. And I think, well, we're involved in the same study.
Speaker 1: Here, you know.
Speaker 2: It's it just seems that they're one or two minor factions that are just dedicated to actually discritiking anything anybody says, oh yeah, I don't know where the influence comes from other than they get to say that you've been over imaginative or you're making it up, and that's just acceptable. They don't have to prove that in any way. And that's the only slightly negative side. But apart from that, everybody, like yourselves and other people have been brilliant and it's a it's a you know, I advise everybody who is interested in it to just get involved in a group or like your group, ePRO or whatever else is out there and just find out about stuff. If nothing else. It's really good fun and it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and that's what it should be fun, you know, anything cryptal zoology because you know, people got understand there's no degree, you know, that we can obtain to get this. It's it's you know, I'm sad to say it's it's actually for most of us. It started off as a hobby and a curiosity that turned to be a hobby that turned into something a little bit more. But you know, it be you know for some of us who became a passion to want to know the truth, and so therefore we set ourselves out there to do research and study and observe and so but you know, I know ZACT will tell you firsthand the big Foot community as a whole, and anyone else. You know, there's a lot of people sit back and you know, try to have very little to do with social media because of the the people that's got such swell swell heads, you know, that want to be they're there's a self self proclaimed experts. They'll tell you they're the same people that say there's no such thing as experts, but yet they're the ones that are there, right they claim they're the ones that answers.
Speaker 2: You know, toted by them. I mean, and again there's such an community. I'm not trying to denigrate people on mass at or just there's just a few instances. But the funny thing is, I think one of these people recently said self styled cryptosologist and m and I thought, whatever style is there there's no degree for some self style. I've got no other there's no other way to do it right. But it's a funny thing. And I think he thought it was a criticism. I thought, oh, it's not. It's that's how it is actually And yeah, we have to be like you said, you have to debunk certain things that are obvious. But I like to put the question out first, especially in the group. I've got the Piece of Britain page Facebook, mainly Twitter put the question out. So there was a recent wave formation in Lochness that somebody said, the tourist who filmed had said that he'd seen Messy and this was the action that they're going through the waves that I put it out and a lot of people say, that's just the boat wait. So that's fair enough. It looks like a boat wait. But the witness is saying that he saw NeSSI and had a hippopotamus like skin. You don't see that in a boat wave. So we're left in the position of leading the witness or thinking the witness or a boat wave sold the footage to a newspaper and city saw NeSSI. It's possible. But that's that's what it's all about, isn't it judging whether that's a valid sighting or not. Yeah, yeah, based upon the description and the footage, and we just have to put it out there. I think it's it's important to encourage each other. So what I'm trying to do with my page is always post at the people's research, right, good people like yourself and other people that producing things. That's that's promote everybody else because in doing that you also promote yourself because you fill up your page with good research as your own, and and just make little communities where we're support in each other and saying it. You know, I'm going to advertise your event. I'm gonna tell everybody who are doing something, I'm gonna support you. Because this is a we're already a fringe science or community so to speak. Let's not make it even more fractured, you know, Let's try to find community somewhere.
Speaker 1: Right. Absolutely, you couldn't have said that any better, you know, you know, I agree tell you what we're getting ready to come to a close. But before we do, uh Andy, I want you if there's any information, especially if you want to promote. I always give everybody the opportunity to plug something, to share something that they want to put out there to remind everybody. As for as you know, we got your your book A Beast of Britain, which was found on Amazon. Now, is there anything else you want to throw out there you want anybody to know? Yet?
Speaker 2: Just really briefly, for anybody listening in the UK, the British Cryptics Conference is happening on the twenty seventh of May. For tickets, you can find a link on my page Beasts Facebook dot com. Beasts of That's my Facebook page. I'm also going to be in the US in September. So I'll be doing the International Cryptology Conference Lauren Coleman on the first and second of September and Crypticon in Kentucky on the eighth and ninth. So if you're around, if you're coming to the to the talks, or to those weekends, I'll be around. I want to come to say hi and have a chat. I'd love to, you know, meet a couple couple of people. And that's what I like the most, just standing around and talking to Come and say hi to me.
Speaker 1: If you're there, absolutely, And I know me and you recently discussed you know, future events, and normally I wouldn't do this, but you know, just you know, I know, like I know that we exactly said, okay, well you know, all right, I'll go ahead do this. Well, everybody knows that we got the twenty eighteen ecbr's first Angle Virginia big Foot Conference coming up here June thirtieth and July first. It's a two day event followed by a week long of camping in a big foot hotspot right here in Virginia. And of course for twenty eighteen, all the speakers are all confirmed and booked and ready to go. We're we're all excited, we're ready for this and it's you know, it's our first annual. It's a big thing. We got our several vendors, you know, set up. We still got more room for more vendors. And right now this event has turned into a huge success, you know, as it is with people promoting it, sharing it. Ticket sales are out off, you know, you know, looking awesome. I've been still still selling tickets the last few days here. We still have a few more months ago, and well, let's just jump to twenty five, twenty nineteen, twenty nineteen. I've actually been contacted in the past by other future candidates for speaker positions, which you know, we're first, you know, we're trying to get through. We're gonna try to get through this event here. First, well, I've been in contact and you know, I pretty much I guess you could say I've already got one confirmed, and if it's safe to say, first of all, let me announce the one that I do have confirmed, which I wasn't gonna announce it yet, but because we haven't even gotten through this year's event. But for Zach Derek right here, we have Zach Derek, which is going to be this year's emc our event MC, which I've been in discussion with Zach. Zach is actually going to be one of our speakers for twenty nineteen. So and then secondly, I recently been you know, if you don't mind me phone this out there, Andy, Uh And yeah, me and Andy been in discussion and that he's willing to take a spot for twenty nineteen right here in Virginia at our second annual event. So that's going to be exciting. They have a resume in the UK here in UH with us, So then Daniel, that's all good, It's all good. We'll be indoors regardless. So so yeah, there's a lot to look forward to. I mean, we're excited for this year. I mean, I mean, you know, you know they have YouTube arty confirmed and you know it's awesome.
Speaker 2: So fantalism. Yeah, I mean, I'm just so glad that you're doing these events as well, because people need those things to go to. I don't have I just don't have that ability to put something together like that, but I love to be a part of it. Definitely.
Speaker 1: Well I'll tell you what it's it's it's fun to think about it. But you know, since I've started this, it's more more more of a headache than I realized. But you know, it's it's very stressful, but yeah, I believe it will pay off in the long rune. So this is my first event. I'm learning a lot from this already, and you know, so we'll we'll conquer from this, you know, we'll take it from it, learn from it, and uh improve even more later on. But so yeah, I mean, like I said, you know, it's it's something we're looking forward to you So, you know, like I said, we there are speakers that we have lineup for this year. They're awesome. They're mind blowing. Several of them are pretty well known a lot in the big communities, such as Ronald J. Moorehead also known for Sierra Sounds. Let's see, we have Valdemart Galvan Jr. Which he is uh for Native American from out of Texas. Uh So he's taking a flight up here. Yeah, oh yeah, in Baltimore. They'll actually be staying here in my house. So that'll be cool. They'll be camping out here.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you wanna regret that?
Speaker 1: Why you say that?
Speaker 3: Because I'm gonna be raiding your fridge the whole time I'm there.
Speaker 1: That's why I That's why I keep my forty five locking and loaded right here next to me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be thinking there's a bear in there, especially whenever I start snoring.
Speaker 1: Oh no, my store and might wait to keep you up, I'll have to set you on the back porch. So let's see, uh we have I'm gonna tell you we have a lot of people come from North Carolina. Two of our speakers that come from North Carolina, but we have a crowd that's following them. We have doctor Kimberly McGeorge, and we have Darby or Cut. Darby or Cut. He is a he doesn't like me to refer to him as a professor, but he is a teacher on the staff at the North Carolina State University. He'll be he'll be bringing the science into our you know, he's it's oddy. Me and him been on several discussions and actually me and him are getting together a second week ind in May to do some exploring field work. He wants to get out there and watch me because originally he reached out to me. You know, I guess you know there's people that follow you, and you don't know it till they contact you and say, look, I've been following you. I've been watching you. I like how you go about doing things. I want to see you do it in persons. I said, okay, cool. So so he's been trying to arrange there with me for the longest time. I was like, well, because I've been busy working, you know, so I'm trying to make some time for him.
Speaker 2: Normal things we all have to do as well, you know, we all have to have day jobs. Yeah, family and the rest of that stuff as well. I mean regularly, normally during the daytime, you can find me on the tube and on the train, zipping on London, you know, with the millions, with my headphones on, quietly listening to some sort of cryptosology in for your confidence. That's all, yeah, pretending that I'm somewhere else. So it's just, you know, that's just a wonderful life. I think it all sounds great. I'm super happy to do it, and yeah, I'm really I feel privileged. Thank you for inviting me.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And if you're able to bring and bring the family with you, you know, this is what you know. I know it is easy. You said that done. I know that's not always possible, but uh, you know, as far as our event we do, we do try to ensure that let everybody know our events our family oriented, and you know we always try to accommodate two younger you know, the younger audience that you know, there's all the stuff for the younger audience, you know, uh, to to participate in, you know. So yeah, great experience for the whole family as well.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, my kids love it. What's that say?
Speaker 3: You get here next year?
Speaker 1: Do you drink?
Speaker 2: I don't drink. So I gave him drinking nine years ago. And I'm from an Irish background from Wales, so I live in England now. And the whole joke is that I didn't move to England. I was deported for not drinking.
Speaker 3: I'm three quarter Irish. I was going to see who to drink who under the table?
Speaker 2: No, I mean in the old days, I would have I would have faced that challenge for sure. But I don't drink. I haven't drunk fun nine years. Not a drop.
Speaker 3: I'll buy a Sodi pop when you get thank you drink.
Speaker 2: Coffee if you've got some nice coffee there. I definitely would like to try that out.
Speaker 3: Hey Daniel, we need to get some squad coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love that. I love that I've only tried one kind. When you know there's only one kind I ever tried, I have to tried the other kind. The one kind I had was a really dark roast, which is only like a dark It was okay, but it was a little dark, too dark for me.
Speaker 3: Put hair on my chest.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: There's some strong coffee and I drink what's it called the Italian went over the Russa, but I mean Israel. Sometimes visiting my wife's family, brother in law have to make me a Turkish coffee, which is just kind of a like a shot, like an Espresso stars shot, but they keep the coffee grounds in there, so you have to stop just before you get to the end. Will keep you going all day and all night. You don't have to return for any more coffee that's strong if it doesn't give you a headache.
Speaker 1: That is. My buddy Mike might know what that's like because his his sister, well, his sister's married to a guy he's from. He's he's from Israel, Israeli. They used to they used to live in Long Island, New York. Now they're in California. That makes it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think up it. We tried to get there once a year to see family, oh that way, but you know, once a year, once every year and a half, if not for a couple of weeks. And it's just great. The people are great. The food is out of this world. Even the road services have awesome food.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And it's unheard of that they're just I did I like them. I'm biased, of course I married one, but I do like the people.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Well, who knows one day I might get to travel like that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's a bit further along for you, I understand, you know. And then where I am I because about five hours daughter or here. But yeah, you should definitely do it because it would be It's a surprising place and it's it's also welcoming.
Speaker 1: Awesome. How about you, Zach before we jump off here, you have anything you want to throw out there?
Speaker 3: Well, this one just got scheduled. On the last week July twenty seventh, in crab Orchard, Illinois, six pm to eight pm, the first annual crab Orchard Bigfoot Seminar will be taking place, and yours truly will be the keynote speaker for the seminar.
Speaker 1: Cool Man.
Speaker 3: It's free to the public. Everyone's welcome to come on out. It's the crab Orchard Public Library. If you check it out on the Crypti CSI page, my personal page on Facebook, and then on the Southern Illinois Monsters page. You've got three places to get updates for the seminar. Hey, everybody's welcome to come out. I will be having Q and a meet and greet and the seminar, and I'll have the seminar in between both of those. I am starting to sell some merchandise. I just got my first batch of car decals made and then I'll be selling those for about maybe five bucks a pop. If you want to get a card decal, get a hold of me and we'll work something out. Be sure to check out the new book that come out that I'm featured in that was co authored by John Stamey and Matt delf called Lizard Man Bigfoot in Friends. My moth Man encounter is featured in that book, so be sure to check that out. Be sure to check out the Southern Illinois Monster Hunters. We're picking up and businesses picking up. As usual, business is picking up here in my research area. We're hot on the trail and the trail is we're but like I said, business is picking up. I expect us to have a pretty good year this year.
Speaker 1: Very awesome, very awesome. And one more thing I want to remind everybody make sure you mark your calendar because next month, April twenty first down in Harlan, Kentucky at one hundred to ten River Street at the Extension Depot is the first annual Harlan, Kentucky cryptocon In, which is hosted and organized by mister Jimmy Blanton. This is a well put together event. Jimmy Blanton is actually joined by Miss Jennifer McDaniels, which she's been a major, major, big part of this, helping organize this. And like I said, this is a one day event, which I think they already decided to turn next year into a two day event. It's already turned out so big already they will be expecting a very nice turnout. And not just this event it's taking place, but I will be down there. I am actually one of the sponors, one of the featured UH speech speakers at this event. So that's something that I'm excited about and looking forward to. Me and my daughter will be traveling down there next month, so it's not too far away, about a five and a half hour drives. So yeah, April twenty first, and Harlan Kentucky is the Harlan Kentucky Cryptocon. This is the first annual. A lot of people, I do want to clarify because there is a couple of different conferences that do take place in Kentucky. I know one is the one that Andy, You'll be attending, the crypt the is it crypto or cryptocon Cryptic Con.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, Cryptic crypt of September.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because that one there is I think in Frank Frankfort, Kentucky. That's right, Yes, that's it. Okay, Yeah, because I know I'm familiar with a couple who are who do that, because that's that's a very big event that takes place every year.
Speaker 2: There's such nice people as well, actually, and I think there's a few good faces there too. Then to God Freeze there seth Breed Love. Well, yeah, I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to make sure I don't uh fan him, you know. Yeah, if I get a meeting.
Speaker 1: Yes, Seth Britta love him and his wife just had just had their first baby not long ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. Yeah, I think so. So.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. Oh, I think one of my sponsors, one of my sponsors will be there. Also my speakers. I got one of my speakers will be there as well. I believe if I'm not mistaken, the Ohio and night Stalkers. Uh huh, Mike Miller and Mike Feldner of the Ohio night Starkers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they haven't. I haven't announced everybody yet. They haven't announced me, although they booked me, I'm not on the list yet. A nice if it looks like a nice hotel and lives part of the country to be in. But that whole time that I'm over there. So I'm arriving in Portland, Maine for the International Disordity Conference. Then I'm flying down to ah flying down to Lake Champlain, Vermont. I think we'll I'll be spending it most of the week with Katielizabeth the Champlain does the Champa champions and then I'm flying down to Frankfort or Lexington first in Kentucky to do the conference in Frankfort. So it's going to be a nice the visit.
Speaker 1: Very awesome.
Speaker 3: Gum, you ain't gonna be that far from me, then, son.
Speaker 2: Well, what's in Frankfurt? Oi in for months?
Speaker 3: Frankfurt, Kentucky is where they have grypt had gone.
Speaker 2: You have to come along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you goes there, Zach. How far is that from you?
Speaker 3: Four hours? That's funny, that's just on the other side of Louisville.
Speaker 2: Listen, I spent longer than four hours trying to get home in the tube some days of the delays.
Speaker 3: You can come, that is, my truck will make it.
Speaker 2: Well if you do, I mean, you know, other things allowing if you do happen to find yourself there, I'd be very happy to buy you beer with my coffee and shake your hand. It'd be nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: I drink that beer. I'd be drinking your coffee right afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also tomorrow now, well tomorrow mark uh, thirteen years me being in cryptozoology thirteen fourteen years. But it's also my birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh happy birthday. Well what age are you reaching?
Speaker 3: Twenty three? And how old would it be tomorrow twenty three?
Speaker 1: Oh? So yeah, he's he's just a baby.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, I'm a baby, Daniel, ain't I.
Speaker 1: That's his real voice. Andy.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna because it's going to be your twenty birthday, I want to tell you something. So and this is going to sound patronizing, but that's not the way I mean it at all in any way. So when I was twenty, in every way which I mean that, I was what I thought it means to be a man completely. And now it's like almost forty two orthouse years later, twenty one years later, almost I realized it was a complete ruse.
Speaker 1: You know, just do what you want.
Speaker 2: Don't think about that stuff about what society says it's supposed to be, because it's it's just rubbish. Just be you. And you're probably already doing that already, obviously you are. But for me, you know, it's a long time to realize that you don't have to be that template, you know, of whatever a man's supposed to be. So, yeah, it's really nice. And those other twenty one years came very quickly. I don't know if you feel the same day or well, how old you for forty two next month?
Speaker 1: I think eight? Now you're just a few years older. Than me. I just turned thirty eight on the twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, you're one hundred and thirty eight old man.
Speaker 1: Okay, why because I showed more gray hair than most?
Speaker 3: No comment. I believe the fifth.
Speaker 2: Take the fifth every time. And if that doesn't look you take a second. So no, I mean, yeah, it's just one of those things. You don't. I don't feel any older just I look it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we'll tell you what. I've had a lot of fun tonight too. This has been a great discussion and a lot of great information too. And I really like your standpoint in view on a lot of things here that we discussed tonight. Man, I would love to do this again very soon. And a lot of times, Andy, we usually when we do open we do a lot of open discussions. Okay, We'll have a lot times. We'll have several of us on on the panel here and we all jump in talk and discuss things. And it's awesome when different people, you know, bring different things, and it kind of and all gets everybody thinking if it's something we never thought about before. Because I always got a I always got a notepad right here. I'm always jotting stuff down information because it gives me something to look into or you know, consider, And uh, I'm all about taking notes and writing down information to either share it or passing along or looking into it, whatever it may be. But so, yeah, it's good stuff. I really enjoy you know, I love doing these you know, you know, these shows interviews or whatever you want to call them. So and it does reach out to a lot of people and so and a lot of people will appreciate what we get on here to discuss because some of what we do. A lot of these other shows don't always get into explaining, you know, sharing. A lot of them are just sharing stories, you know, which we do all that too, which that's Yeah. People get a mixture, they get a combination of storytelling and then research, you know, a commination of it all in one little glove. Sung.
Speaker 2: I like the stories, but I'm absolutely interested in the psychological side of it as well, how we present Oh yeah, why we think we're seeing what we think we're seeing, or why people think that. And then great at this kind of forum is great to discuss.
Speaker 1: That absolutely absolutely so well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five fifteen am at the moment, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yep, you're five hours ahead of us. Yes, it's good.
Speaker 2: It's every bit's been worth it. Listen, guys, thank you so much for putting me on. And in a couple of months, if you're happy to have you back, I'd love to do it again.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, most definitely before long. I do want to organize another you know, like I said, open discussion podcast. Well, like I said, we'll have quite a few of us. I know, one in particular you I think you really like is Baltimore Pudomar Gallon Jr. Yes, yeah, sometimes. Another one is Uh she's been on with us once before. She's her and her partner. They're also one of our speakers, Jen Cruse, she's one of from the She Squatchers, uh Big Tricky Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, you got yeah She Squatches. You've got Jen Cruse and Jen Drover. Yeah yeah. They'll be attending this year's event as well. And uh they actually they have a big radio show, uh, The Journey Radio, which is awesome, well put together show. I was recently on there. And tell you what, those girls, I mean, they're a lot of fun when it comes to you know, they're doing their you know shows, and they're very informative, a lot you know, you know, they with the way they come about things, you know, depends on your viewpoint of things. They kind of bring a different I don't know what the right way to put this, but they bring a different side to the you know, a different plate to the table. You know. So it's awesome with what they do, the experiences I've heard that they had to hear them talk about it, it's awesome. So, but there's so much to learn from all other people out there, just to hear what they experience and how they view things.
Speaker 2: That's my whole view in it. That's my time philosophy under the whole thing. I can't possibly know everything or even part of it. So let's find out what people.
Speaker 1: Know absolutely, And anybody that's listening that has not been on here before, if you want to get on here and speak your mind, share and discuss with us, contact me, contact Zach, let us know and we'll let we'll arrange it. We'll get you guys on here. I mean, so a lot of people that interact with us on the live chat, you know, we invite you guys on here because a lot of them, you know, they a lot of people have a lot of great questions. Man, you know, and also I have a lot of opinions and beliefs and views. So yeah, if you want to get it on here, don't be don't be ashamed, don't be scared. You can hide your face like I do have the time.
Speaker 3: You got to, you'll break your camera.
Speaker 1: Oh well, right now they call me sasquatches, you know, because all this face so ill.
Speaker 2: That's my dream being, that's the goal. That's the gold.
Speaker 1: Like Duck Dynasty if you're familiar with that show from the US here.
Speaker 2: Or not.
Speaker 1: So this is.
Speaker 2: Huh because this is my maximum. That's as fun as it comes. It doesn't go any further than that. Just that's the whole thing. That's my mocustin.
Speaker 1: You can always get a fake beard. I could be it up.
Speaker 2: I could be it up, but you know, I'm just I'm just leaving it. I don't have to shave that often. That's the plus that.
Speaker 1: Is that is a good thing, man.
Speaker 2: The plus my buddy hates that. Listen, you guys, I'm going to say goodbye to it. Thank you so much, and good luck with the conference if we don't speak before, but pull me in on that discussion because I'd love to do it. Anytime, just let me know even.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh come on all right, it sounds good most definitely, and thank you again for coming on tonight. This is awesome. Okay, happy to everybody, Absolutely the same to you. Thank you,