Speaker 1: Automotive specialist, visit foreign x dot.
Speaker 2: Com, the events of the day, the audit Treff Hollis.
Speaker 1: I'm those elections laid out a lot of information at the top end to bottom of the album.
Speaker 2: You'll understand fifty five KRZ the talk station. It's seven oh six, it is Friday or something.
Speaker 1: A good mood. I'm always be in a good mood on Friday, and I'm in a better mood because Corey Bowman's in the studio again. Corey Bowman is always a pleasure of seeing in person, and I hope the campaign's going well. Of course, Corey is one of the choices for mayors city of Cincinnati. The top two vote getters among the three that are running for the position will advance to November's election. And of course it's an unusual occurrence to get any Republican elected in the City of Cincinnati, as has been since nineteen eighty I think, but Corey Bowman may have an opportunity. So good to see again, my friend, welcome as always, Thank you so much for having me. Brian.
Speaker 3: You got a lot of write ups lately. Yeah, yeah, we've been pushing hard on it. Well, I guess there's it's it's a blessing and it's a curse. I saw Epic Times did a write up on you, which is, you know, national level kind of coverage kind of thing you mentioned to me before we started here this morning, you said in New York Times got in.
Speaker 1: Touch with you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we we had had requests over ever since that we announced, and there was one week where I just said, you know, I'm gonna kind of filter through all these messages, go through the contacts and just kind of, you know, pursue these and that's kind of when all these stories broke. And so we've been on Newsmax, News Nation, Epic Times, Newsweek, ap Press all within the last two or three weeks.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, any coverage is great coverage unless they're just kind of slandering your dragon ouse.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the best coverage is fifty five k don't blow.
Speaker 1: Smoke out of my skirt, mister. And I'm happy to have you on because, of course, I know that you have the best interests of the city at Cincinnati, regardless of what people's political stripes are within the city. But you love the city. It's come through loud and clear. My conversations with you I know you care about the city. You were drawn back to the city after living in Tampa for a while. It's where your wife wanted to raise the kids. It's where you wanted to raise the kids. You've invested in the city with your coffee shop, You're invested in the community with your church. So you know you're you're connected with the city, and I know you care about it and you care about all the neighborhoods. It's just come through loud and clear, and I go back to my blessing and a curse thing. I think one of the obvious regions. You get some national coverage because you're the Jade Vance's brother, but you're not Jade Vance. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I whenever we first announced, you know, I just knew that, no matter what, that was going to be the headlines, just because of the connection there. You know, I've stated multiple times that JD is an incredible role model of mine. To see what he's been able to accomplish just over the last two three years, it's just insane to me. But really, what did it for us? We obviously have the love for the city, are the internal compass we've always had is to impact lives in the city of Cincinnati. And so when I saw that at the inauguration, the impact that he was able to make, I was basically just inspired to say, hey, we can play our part locally and make an impact in our city.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And some of the interviews you've done recently with The enquire and of course the Epic Times and other outlets, you kind of point that out. When someone raises something, you know, issue wise, you always bring it back to listen. Yeah, and I'm just sort of paraphrasing here. Listen, it's not my issue to solve the problems in the Middle East. My issue is to fix the day and potholes in the city of Cincinnati. That's what I'm to be focused on. And that's a great point because our council people seem to think it's important to pass resolutions regarding Palestine or any random world problem that's going on, and that's not their role. The role is to focus on and again, fixing potholes among others. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so when like I've said this that whenever we first started getting the signatures to get on the ballot, I was asking people two questions, Can I have your signature to be on the ballot? And were the issues that are most important to you? And we've heard time and time again that it's money management, crime and infrastructure. And I think what our elected officials and city governments are failing to realize is that people from a local level need their streets fixed, they need their crime down, and they need the budget to be managed properly on a local level. And so we can't just copy and paste these federal issues when it comes to these local issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was you don't know why I'm laughing as you were talking. I wasn't laughing at what you were saying, but when you mentioned the roads being fixed, I thought it very comical. The Inquirer's article mayor candidates pick top projects. So the Cincinnati Inquirer Scott Wortman asked, ever, really, what you're what's the projects you think should be get fixed? First? You know where you stand on the issues, and have to have purvols pave roads. That's his number one newly paved road in purbise apodles. And of course you mentioned existing infrastructure roads also as your number one need for the money, whatever the money you've spent on. But I mean, given the roads situation and the cities inability to keep up with what they're obligated to fix year after year after year. I mean, how long the Democrats been in control? How long does they have to have been around He's only now saying pave the roads. Well, that's what I don't get is that. I think it was at the debate where he stated that we inherited a four hundred million dollar deficit, and I'm sitting there thinking, well, who do you think you inherited from. We haven't had a Republican mayor since nineteen eighty and so it's the reality of it is that you can't just say right now, oh, this is what we're for in an election year. You've had four years to fix the roads. You've had four years to put these things on the priority list or your budget. We've had multiple years where we've had maybe a surplus or we've been able to look at the budget and see where it could go towards these priorities. But time and time again, we're getting promises that have not been made, that have not been kept, and the citizens are tired of it. And when I talk to people, I'm just telling this right now, everybody says it's an impossible situations in uphill battle. Half the people I talked to on the streets that are fed up with what's going on. They've voted Democrat in the year's past and they are just tired of it. So this race is not a Republican or Democrat issue. It's are we going to actually keep promises to the citizens and the residents of Cincinnati, or we're just going to play the same games for the next four years. You know what, as you put it that way, and you're right, fixing the roads is not a partisan stripe. This isn't like talking about sanctuary city or not. This isn't you know, talking about you know, social enacting some social welfare program or not. You know, they tend to fall on concern servative versus liberal topical issues. But I want my damn road fixed. You know, I remember this guy named Fred called in you fix my damn road. I said, I kind of wanted to make that a sort of a punchline or an off repeated phrase. Fred needs his road fix. He's not a Republican, he's not a Democrat. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. He doesn't care. Politics, doesn't enter the equation.
Speaker 3: No, and I'm damn roads, and I'm just telling you right now, these are the games that are being played. This is an election here, so you will see all these elected officials all of a sudden now start posting things and start making comments publicly that yes, we need to fix our roads. But I'm tired of governments that are not being proactive. They're being reactive, and that's what we have to fix, is that from day one. I'm going to be sworn in as mayor in January, and we're going to have a January, February and March winter to where the first thing we need to do is put that as a priority. How are the snowplows, how are these affecting our roads? What is the summer that we need to prepare for or the damage to these roads? And then let's bring on more capacity to our roads to be able to take on larger events starting next year.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's you know, behind the scenes, it's been well documented, at least as I've been explaining, had had explained to do, you know, from folks like citizen watchdog Todd Zenzer, who really is great at shining the light on the financial woes that we're talking about. And we need some of those details a little bit. But that provoll views everything through the lens of equity and global climate change. Whatever the issue is in front of him, he's going to be thinking about that. So as you we're talking about we need to be prepared to deal with the roads as winter arrives, getting ahead of it and knowing what you need by way of equipment, what's working, what is broken down, what do we need to have fixed, what do we need to acquire. I mean, he would be thinking, well, we need to make sure it's electric.
Speaker 3: Well, no, here's the thing though, too, is that I believe it was yesterday he just posted that. You know, he was supporting an initiative that you know, raised up these leaders in a fifteen minute city policy type of thing. And I'm like, Cincinnati has fifty twoighborhoods, We have all these unique areas. You can't apply these policies of a fifteen minute city to the entire Cincinnati proper. It will not make sense to a city that is built on hills, that has snow, that has rain. Yes, we are for public transportation, but when it makes sense. And what's happening right now is we're copying pasting all these federal issues or all these national ideologies to a very unique city to where we have to think for Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I think it's a global fluming it like it was Agenda fifty one years back, that sort of was the beginning of all this sort of fifteen minute city conversation. That's a global thing.
Speaker 3: That's sort of a I didn't even need my coffee this morning talking about this.
Speaker 1: My Lord, I'm getting fired out seven to fifteen right now. We'll continue. We get a full hour with Corey and studio, get more issues, including Hyde Park. It's interesting developments going on out there and an issue that I think Corey might generate some some backing from my otherwise left leaning friends in Hyde Park as well. They should consider Corey. We'll talk about that and a lot more coming up. First, Color Electric. You can call Color Electric for any residential electric project. They're going to do a great job for you. The price will be right. You're talking with a plus with a better business bureau. Color Electric been family owner operated since nineteen ninety nine. Andrew Cullen has assembled team of licensed electricians, fantastic customer service. They'll do a great job for you whether the project is a small one, like I think of a simple outlet installation, that's a small project. Maybe you're having trouble with your electric for some on some level. Maybe you want to do some specialty lighting in your home. There's amazing specialty lighting out there. The options are seemingly unlimited these days, and Colin will handle that as well. Big project like rewiring your entire home or wiring up your whole house generator. Absolutely. They of course have done multiple projects for me over the years and always very satisfied, and you will be too. That's why I recommend you give them a call. Five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Online Cullen c U L E and Colin Electric Cincinnati dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: Soya hell us Cannine level cast flag pig weekend Today in the rain. They said storms are likely around ONEMPM to the best chances between five and ten. They say some strong severe storms are possible long with damaging winds, so look out seventy five to the high today overnight love fifty nine with a few storms now tomorrow. The forecast changed from earlier Joe looked it up and he said they're predicting rain between nine am and four pm, so kind of on and off showers. We'll go up to sixty three for the high then down to fifty two overnight. Also for Sunday. Flying pig Rain starts early in the morning but should clear out by nine am. Sixty two to the high on Sunday at sixty two. Right now, and it is time for traffic.
Speaker 5: From the UCUP Traffic Center, UC Health Weight While center offers comprehensive Obcity CAAREN Advanced stargic O Expertise Call five one three ninety three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. They had to stop Paul traffic on southbound seventy five and Covington to clear the accident out of the l P lanes. They did that just a few minutes ago. Traffic starting to move out of downtown at a better pace. Northbound seventy five continues slow from Dixie into downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRSC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty fifty five krs DE talk Station Happy Friday, Corey Bowman by my line at Corey Bowman dot com find him in my studio right now talking to him about the issues in the city CINCINNTI about which he really truly cares. And I think one of the things that differentiates you between you and and after that Parlol again going back you focus on city issues. He seems to think he's playing on a national stage, I mean advocating for you know, broader global principles when the city is since Ana has got so much issues on so many issues on its plate, but when it comes to actual city issues, I mean, I am shocked over the council and the Mayor's treatment of Hyde Park on this most recent waiver that they allowed a waiver in the face of what the community obviously did not want, this building proposal, what the height restrictions removed, and this specific development being approved by the council, in the face of what the residents of Hyde Park were shouting and screaming about, saying no, no, no, you're going to change the character of our community. Cities filled with multiple communities. You pointed out at it earlier, but that is the second slap in the face. The first slap in the face was to every community in the entire city of Cincinnati by forcing the zoning changes with this connected Communities proposal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're absolutely right. And I want to point out too that you know when you said that this is not just a slap in the face to Hyde Park, but to all the communities, this has already been done and bonded. Yeah, it's been but here's the thing about a lot of these areas. It's already been done, but it's been done in areas to where they don't necessarily have the financial backing in their communities to be able to fight it like Hyde Park has. So I really believe that Hyde Park has just been this thing that has ignited so many communities, so many neighborhoods in Cincinnati just to know is this cannot happen in our communities?
Speaker 1: Well, and I understand that since a business career is reporting that the neighbors in Hyde Park want to take that issue to the voters, I think they're com planning on putting a ballot an issue to h Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And what I keep running on as well is that we have to see this race as issues, not necessarily as party affiliation or candidates. These are key issues that have impacted our city for the previous years and an issue like Hyde Park, you put that on the ballot, you're going to get a voter turnout of people that want to make their voices heard.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose at the outset, if you were mayor, you would not have advanced the Community a Connected Communities proposal in the first instance, because you have experience with dealing with City of Cincinnati in terms of developers. We've talked about this before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so we're not against just like the people in Hyde Park, we're not against development. There needs to be growth. There needs to be development in city. We have so many historically beautiful properties that are vacant right now, and we actually need to be taking advantage of these. You don't want to talk about housing crisis. There are properties all over Cincinnati that developers over the years, from what I know, have been itching to be able to remodel these and to be able to sell them at market race, to be able to have housing in the community. But they're being torn down or at least hindered by this red tape of the city.
Speaker 1: But and I'm as you were talking about that, I was thinking, isn't that crazy? The city spent so much money offered so many tax and centers and property tax waivers and all that to redevelop over the Rhine, and all those buildings were not knocked down. They were converted into residences and they pay and the streets were taking care and they of course they got the street car. Oh my god, the streetcar, streetcar, street car. You know, Washington Park was redeveloped as an incentive for people to move and I think that was a wise investment, right there, a lost place.
Speaker 3: It does a lot of music exactly. It's a beautiful area, Washington Park OTR. It's and in credible, But we're still dealing with a lot of these issues of you know, basically putting these you know, developments in place that do not enhance the character of the community. And I think like in the West End, we already know that there's a lot of vacant historic buildings that are in West End and there's a lot of potential for us in the community. But we're watching what's happening in Hyde Park right now because we see it as they could come along some big developer that has his hands in the pockets of the city and just knows that they can develop an entire area in the West End, but completely disregard the voice of the community council and completely disregard the voice of the.
Speaker 1: People, especially if they're, in the words of Toddsen's are well connected developers.
Speaker 3: Never forget and I'll say this too, these issues right now. We're in the middle of a primary. Right now, we're in early voting May six, Tuesday as a primary. So a lot of people are talking about, you know, you've vote now. We vote November. That's what a lot of people talked about in Hyde Park. But they can vote right now to make a statement that hey, we're done with city officials that are not listening to our voice. So I would encourage people to get out and.
Speaker 1: Vote, you know, and I advocated earlier that even if my left leaning friends in Hyde Park, if they want to make a statement, if they're angry enough about this to start a ballot initiative to take back control or Hyde Park, even if it puts a distaste domestic, I never vote for a Republican We're not talking about a Republican Democrat issue here, We're talking about a bipartisan reality. Shouldn't you be able to control your own neighborhood at least, I perceive that as a bipartisan cast a protest vote. Vote for Corey Bowman. And if you advance, you know, I would love to see you win the overall count. Perwall coming second, fine, but if you beat Perwall, that is going to send a shot over the bout of these clowns and maybe they'll start caring about local community. Let's make a statement this May.
Speaker 3: You know, and I will say this because I think that a lot of people, and especially in a lot of neighborhoods that are outside of downtown area, they think that hey, it's just a lost cause that there's clear lines of voters on only one voter votes for this side and only one voter votes for this. But I'm telling you, I've been shocked at some people that have come into my cough shop and the way they talk and the way that they look. You're like, there is no way this person would ever ever ever vote for me. And then we have these these conversations and they say, I'm so glad you're on the ballot. I'm going to be voting for you this May. I'm going to be voting for you this November, and I'm shocked at it. So there's so much unity behind the community and the neighborhoods of Cincinnati that want to see change.
Speaker 1: Vote for Corey Bowman is a vote for your own best interest, and the fool is the one that's not looking out for his or her own best interests. You know what is in your own best interest saving heap loads of money. That's affordable imaging services offering our echo cardigrans, MRI, CT scans and ultrasounds for a literally fracktion of what the hospitals charge echo cardigram. First off, you may face the delay because hospitals are backed up right matter three weeks, matter, have to wait a month to get in. This is your heart we're talking about. You get you right in at affordable imaging services and you will not pay thirty five hundred dollars or maybe even more, because that's what you'll pay at a hospital echo cardiogram. At affordable imaging services, how about five hundred bucks without an enhancement, eight hundred with an enhancement, same equipment to hospitals use medical professionals who've been at this for years and years and years, decades even, and the images are great. I know because I've got my CT scans there multiple times dealing with my cancer, and my doctor has never had raised and single eyebrow of concern over the image or the radiologist report, which comes in the price. So don't pay five grand for the CT scan at the hospital. Affordable Imaging Services four hundred and fifty bucks without a contrast six hundred with prices are uber low across the board. Now, don't expect a lot of overhead. There isn't it. It's very lean, mean, fighting machine kind of stuff. But again it's serious money you're going to save as your medical choice. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Find them online at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC join Claremont County Veteran Service Commission.
Speaker 1: Channel and I with a forecasts uh storms show up around one pm to the best chances between five and ten, says Channel nine Severe Storm ammby Gusty wins. It's seventy five for the high they just rain over nine fifty nine. Tomorrow nine am to four pm. There's a possibility of rain sixty three the high overnight few showers fifty two and for the Flying Pig early rain which should clear out by nine am. Sixty two to the high for the pig. It's sixty three right now, time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: You see how weight Boss Center offers comprehensive obcdcaren advanced starg to co expertise call five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three, nine two two sixty three. Stop found seventy five. They cleared the accident in Covingdon. Traffic starting to move a bit better from the Western Hills Viaduct into Northern Kentucky northbound seventy five. That's an extra seven minutes between Buttermilk and downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty one. I think about KRCD talk station Corey Bowman in studio. Find him online Corey Bowman dot com, get a T shirt, put a sign in your front yard, vote for him on Tuesday. It's my recommendation. Talking about city issues and one of the sad realities what's going on in the city of Cincinnati, and this is one of those. Do you believe your eyes? You believe what a politician is telling you? Crime and reality can be seen by the residents of the city of Cincinnati. They know what's going on versus what the mayor he currently would say, which is he's arguing the crime is actually down. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I it was during the debate where I think it was in the final remarks where the current mayor said that crime is down. And I'm seeing more and more in articles that he's doubling down on that he's actually running on that that crime is down. And when you look at this, and when you look at everything, you can manipulate things however you want, as far as if you want to look at certain whether it be homicides that might be down by fraction, but when it comes to overall assaults and burglaries and shootings and traffic violations. But what I tell people is that if you are living downtown or if you have a business downtown, you know that nothing could be farther from the truth. When people say the crime is down, we are hearing the gunshots, We are seeing even the unreported crimes that are happening on a daily basis unreported.
Speaker 1: And that's the point. I know you've had you contacts within the city of Cincinnati reach out to you when they experience these incidents. You know, video cameras, ring doorbell type of stuff. People will give you that and provide you and show you what's going on. Yeah, you mentioned to me a woman with a baby and a stroller got a bullet went byer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's insane. So it was just last week I got sent a video of a you know, it was a you know, a residential camera, you ring doorbells type of thing. But yeah, it was a major shooting that happened in Grant Park area. And I was just watching on my phone that bullets are flying by this lady with a stroller and a baby. And I'm sitting here and you see, like all these people running on the street. And this is our city, this is in our home of Cincinnati, and this isn't just a one time thing. This is happening on a regular basis. And we have to be able to have policies in place that are actually addressing these issues and not just sugarcoating everything.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, outword, out loud support for the police department, you know, marketing on the part of an elected official, call the police, work with the police. You want to save community, Quit dissing the police, Quit not. You know, don't quit withholding information. In other words, you know, if you know about a crime, offering the information to the police so you can help solve it and then can get the bad guys off the streets. I mean, that's an advocacy campaign that should have been run years and years ago. When the silence seems to me deafening from the mayor as well as the council members themselves.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you this. When we first announced being mayor, I did not come in here with any policies or any opinions that I was going to just run on no matter what. I did my work to basically have conversations with people that are boots on the ground, people that experience this on a daily basis, and then I started developing my conclusions based on the experiences of the city, not only my own, but others. And I'm telling you, I've had so many conversations with Cincinnati police officers. And I'm talking about not just one, not just two, I'm talking about multiple ones. And they have such a heart for our city. They have such a heart for our community. They have such a heart to protect and serve. They are in it for the right reasons, and they are tired of being seen as the bad guys. They're tired of being seen as this only a last resort, you know, we look at what happened, what's happening at the banks?
Speaker 1: They have a.
Speaker 3: Twenty one and over evation limit, right, But who do you think is enforcing that. I've actually talked with the police officers and there's a third party securities, a security firm yet. But this is the thing about it, is that when you do that, and you don't involve CPD in that, then if an incident does happen, nobody on the street knows who the good guy is, who the bad guy is. When it comes to the security officer, they don't know who's an authority really, they just see it as well as this a bouncer, is this a security officer?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: And then when CPD does get involved, they're seen as this ultimate authoritarian bad guy that comes in. And then the paperwork is a nightmare because now they're not just dealing with one person or one side, they're dealing with a security team. They're dealing with all these other variables in these reports, and so it's a nightmare for CPD.
Speaker 1: Well and I just I honestly don't get the whole twenty one order thing. You get a security team surrounding the Dora area checking IDs. They don't have any legal authority, and I get the motive and the point behind it. Well, there's nothing but bars in there anyway, if you're under twenty one, you shouldn't be there. But it's an open kind of public space. I don't know how much they think they can accomplish with that, because I doubt these security officers are even going to be armed if something really dangerous happens, which again you point out, that's when you have to call the police. We'll continue with Corey Bowman at seven thirty six. Right now. If you have kc DE talk station, a strong recommendation in the Tri State called Plump Type Plumbing FRA all your residential plumbing needs, you deserve better and Plump times locally owned and serving the entire Try State. They treat every call like a neighbor asking for help, nose excuse me, no service fees, and you get free estimates. They're a plus with the Better Business Bureau. Maybe you're having problems with your sump pump. The rain, of course will reveal that got some problems in the basement. Plump tight can solve it. Slower clog drains, which may be an indication that you need a sewer line repair, and plump tight does trenchless sewer line repairs. So if you have like multiple clog drains and maybe strange odors coming out and patches of abundant growth in the law and that's an indication of a potential sewer line problem, they fix it without having to dig up the yard. But they also are the number one installer of tankless water heaters. Go tankless for unlimited water. The units last a lot longer than traditional tanks and they don't take up much space at all, so there's an option for you as well. So for all your plumbing needs, it's five one three seven two seven tight t e five one three seven, two seven eighty four eighty three Online you'll find them at plumbtight dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 2: Hey neighbor, Oh my gosh, is your energy bill sky high again too?
Speaker 1: Not anymore? My own windows are so leaky uh ten and I well, the forecast let's see here, about one o'clock is when storms start to be possible. But the best chance between five and ten pm. Maybe some severe storms and damaging winds, so be careful out there. Seventy five for the high today, fifty nine overnight tomorrow. At the beginning of the PAIG activities, Joe Strecker looked up the update. He says, rain's going to be around from nine am to four pm. Kind of off and on possibilities. Sixty three will be the high overnight low of fifty two. Flying Pig Day Sunday high of sixty two. Rain starts really early, but it should be out by nine. It's sixty eight degrees right now. Time for traffic from the u SE up Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: UC Health Leeball Center offers comprehensive ob city care in advance. Starts like oh expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 1: That's nine three nine two two six three.
Speaker 5: Northbound seventy five continues to run an extra five minutes out of Erlanger into downtown. Southbound seventy five slows through Lachland, but getting better between Ezra Charles and the bridge after problems earlier. Chuck Ingram Month fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five KRCD talk station Find Time. It's Corey Bowman in studio talking issues in the city of Cincinnati. You know, I asked him Afair because he does have a coffee shop in the West End. That's an area you obviously care about and you're hoping to develop. And it's one of the illustrations you had when it comes to real estate development that the city stands in the way. But I ask you how business has been since you, you know, started running from Mary and you said, it's it's picked up, and you were really happy because you obviously it's nice to have your personal business benefit from it, but it's brought exposure to your neighborhood. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean our heart is the West End, and so if anybody's unfamiliar with it, you know, you have basically Central Parkway and where Tiquel Stadium is and then you have the Highway and kind of nestled in those two areas is the West End from the north and the south of it. And it's an amazing community. Some of the most beautiful architecture and residential buildings there are. So they've actually filmed you know, movies there and everything. But I'll tell you this that our coffee shop through the last two and a half years of opening showed us that the residential side of the West End is so strong. It's such an amazing community that really prides itself on growing properly, that includes everybody, and it's just it's just an insane thing to see that this area has not seen the fullest potential that it can be. And I really believe that that's because a lot of the red tape that we're seeing.
Speaker 1: And that's where I wanted to pivot, because you brought up a story off air about you. You have a guy across the street who's been fighting for years to develop the building. He finally got his permits through it. How long did it take him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the last time I talked, there's there's multiple people involved in it. I believe the investor had put I think he said like one point two million in it without seeing one bit of construction in it so far. And then the guy that's heading up the construction, he's I mean they finally got to go ahead, they finally got the go ahead to start the construction for it.
Speaker 1: They're putting you.
Speaker 3: Know housing in there, or you know units or condos or whatever you want to call them apartments, and then they've got they're going to have an amazing business underneath as well, and it's just going to do add a whole other aspect of revitalization to the community and it's going to be incredible. But he's fought for three years for this, through permitting, through getting the right zoning, and through everything. So I think it The funniest thing about it is that the day I'm talking about the that they got approved, immediately all the construction crews just pulled up and just started getting to work. And I was like, dude, you move fast, because he's been using like our coffee shop kinds as a makeshift office. And he's like, bro, I've had this in the queue for three years. I've been ready to go. They're going to get this thing done probably in six months, and that could have been done two and a half three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what really fundamentally bothers me. It's everything the city claims it wants. It's investment, it's potential additional residents who might potentially be paying taxes. There's a business there that's going to generate tax revenue. It's going to bring more activity to the neighborhood, which will then hopefully have a multiplying a factor with others. Oh wait, look there's an empty building right there. I can read, Oh I can do what that guy did. So it's almost as if the current mayor and council they just pay lip service to the idea that they want this, but they do everything they can to stop it from actually happening.
Speaker 3: That's when I realized there was something wrong because when we first started the coffee shop, A big reason why we started as well is because it was the year after the Super Bowl, right, and so we go to the Super Bowl. All eyes are on Cincinnati during that time, and I'm talking about the three to four months after the Super Bowl. Our streets were lined with investors and developers that were ready to just take the entire West into another level. And I'm talking about these were local people, and they can only do one or two properties at a time. Two and a half years later, most of those buildings that they were looking at, they didn't even want to touch them because of all the red tape.
Speaker 1: That's just so sad. And you know there's another draw in the neighborhood that's sc Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an incredible community. Like every FC game that goes on, we've got fans that are welcome by our shop and scarves, and these are residents of the community. Like, we love what's going on, but we just need to happen quicker, get the hell out of my way. Yeah, exactly. The community is gonna I feel like the community is gonna thrive no matter what. We just got that grit to us. But then at the same time, it's like, hey, let's make this easier on people to be able to revitalize these neighborhood without bringing on big time people that are a part of the larger vision of our elected officials. How about we incorporate the vision of the community, not the overall vision of the elected officials.
Speaker 1: Well connected developers Corey Bowman. One more segment with Corey before we hear from one of those German guys. Mike Kis is going to join the program. At top of the our news talk of the Bayern Games May tenth at more Line House Logger details on that after the news. First though, a word for my good friend Peter Shebria Kelliwilliams sven Hills and his outstanding and truly amazing real Estate team, the number one real estate group in the city and greater Cincinnati area. Five star experience is what you're going to get from them with PROGRAMSKI or and let me give them props for the program they offer for veterans and first responders. It's just really a neat thing. They call it the Patriot Program. They kick back ten percent of the commission to you, the first responders, veterans, police fire ems. So we use Peter Shagroup. You got that going for you, just as a salute to the veterans and first responders out there. But other programs will make the instant offer program the I like to call the get out of Dodge program. You don't want to stage and show your house or you know, any of that kind of stuff, just call she Regroup. Within forty eight hours of them seeing in the house, you'll have a cash offer and you can lead close between within three weeks from today. So check them out online. You can learn more at the website seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com or just call them today at five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: What if you had a Channel nine says this about the weather after one pm. There is a possibility of storms kicking in, with the best chance between five and ten pm. Today could be strong and severe and then maybe some damaging wins may could seventy five to high today overnight low of fifty nine out tomorrow for the beginning flying pig activities. Looks like we're gonna have rain between nine am and four pm, kind of on and off. Sixty three for the high, overnight low of fifty two and for the pig gonna start raining early in the day and it'll clear out by about ninety The court of the most recent forecasting sixty two for the high. It is sixty three right now, forty five kr CD talk station, Chuck, what's going on From the UC Health Triumphin Center.
Speaker 5: You see health Weightloss Center offers comprehensive OBCD care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three, nine three, nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 1: That's nine three, nine twenty two sixty three.
Speaker 5: Stop pound seventy five, add an extra five through lackland and then you're in pretty good in shape with just a bit of a slowdown. Now at the Brand Spence in bound seventy fours back into Montana northbound seventy five closer to a ten minute delay out of Florence into town chuck ingramont fifty five KR seat the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven fifty fifty five KRCD talk station brand times reminding you at fifty five krc dot com for all the information, the information about tech Frederick Dave Hatter, Flying Pig, and our crime stopper bag Guy of the Week before we get back to talking with Corey Bowman. Welcome back Officer Lisa Baker from the fine people of the Cincinnia Police Department. I gotta love this guy's neck tattoo, Lisa crime star for bad Guy of the Week? Who are you looking for this week?
Speaker 6: If I'm reading it correctly, it says out outlaw. I know out outlaw well. Christopher Christopher Michael Thompson. He's wanted on not one, but three counts of felling probation violation from theft charges. Christopher Thompson is a white male. He's forty five years old, five foot eight, one hundred and eighty pounds. He has a history of theft and receive a stolen property in a frequent North Side.
Speaker 1: And he's an outlaw. Well, you know what, for a neck tattoo, at least it's accurate. He should be easy to find as long as he's not wearing a turtleneck. And if someone knows where Christopher Michael Thompson's hiding out, what do they need to do?
Speaker 6: Lisa Baker, give crime Stoppers a call five one, three, three five two thirty forty.
Speaker 1: You will remain anonymous. If you did, Lisa and the rest, you'd be eligible for a cash reward and you'll be doing society a big favor. Lisa Baker, you keep up the great work at the Sinsame Please Department. Thank God for reaching every one of you, and we'll catch ourselves another one next week. Fifty five krcy dot com to check him out if you just want to levity see the neck tattoo. Back to Corey Corey Bowman in studio. I think your your message is a strong one, Corey. I hope people go out and support you, and we'll see as we move forward to November, you'll have more opportunities. I suppose to debate, have to have parvall. We didn't really touch a lot about the finances and I have just been blown away by toddsens Or citizen Watchtock toddszins Or. He is. I mean, he's a former Inspector General for the United States, so he's on top of financial matters and knows where the money problems are and he has identified a lot of them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and this is something that has to be a part of a new way of what we're seeing in our city government is we have to audit. We have to be able to kind of go through everything with a fine tooth comb and really see how the money has been spent. Because we can say all we want, all the need far out waighs the budget far out weighs all this. And you can have all these excuses for taking on more debt as a city. But when you're not managing what you have in your hands properly, there's something that's off. There's something that you can just see it and when you look at what's how things have been happening, especially with Todd Zenzer, you know, kind of exposing certain things. What I like to say is that no budget's perfect. There's no like official perfect budget template that you can use. But what has to happen is priorities That is what sets a good budget is that your priorities and your principles. So I believe that the priorities have to be these public services, they have to be the infrastructure. But then your principles have to be you're not going to be shady when it comes to any of these dealings. You're not going to do these backdoor deals. You're also going to publicly kind of expose what are these board members of these certain agencies or these.
Speaker 1: Certain things going on? What they seems like the business of government currently in the city it is to fund all these non governmental organizations out in the community.
Speaker 3: Well, we see that too, because a lot of times when these developers, like what we just talked about in the last segment, when they're the biggest issues that they're encountering, a lot of times isn't with the city themselves, it's with organizations that are tied in that are basically saying, oh, well, you can't buy this building unless it fits in line with this vision, and it's just they're all on the same page when it comes to it. I believe that when you look at the budget, practically you got it. There's ways that we can decrease taxes. There's ways that we can increase priorities when it comes to things that matters most. It's just we have to get in and just figure out what's the best way to seward what we have.
Speaker 1: Cory Bowman always impressed with what you have to say, and I can just hear the passion for the city in your voice, and I think that's so important for voters to take away. And I tell you what if you're going to you know, in terms of foot traffic again, I go back to this hot button issue with zoning, and I think you know it's going to all people to the polls. And again we'll make an appeal to Bond Hill residents and Hyde Park residents and literally everybody in any community within the City of Cincinnati that feels like they got stung by the dictatorial mandates of connected communities thrown on your neighborhood without your input. You may welcome it conceptually, but when you think about it in terms of your right to steer the direction of your community. Even if you want to steer it that way, fine do it. But there are a lot of communities out there that didn't want to steer their community in that direction. So you got an opportunity for change. Here Corey Bowman dot com is where you find Corey on the issues, help support his campaign, and here a free plug. Where's your coffee shop? Coffee shop is at nineteen hundred Bay Miller Street. It's nineteen hundred Bay Mill Streets right in the West ten and we're open from eight to three eight am to three pm Monday through Saturday. All right, swing by, maybe the first time you've ever been to the West End. I'm not saying necessarily doing it to give Corey money, but if at least it's a reason to swim by the community, maybe you're a developer out there, maybe you might want to invest in that wonderful opportunity that exists now. And you may be kicking yourself down the road after Corey becomes Mare and it transforms itself into an amazing, amazing, money making, big draw community that I hope, I think Corey has in mind for the future there, Corey, Good luck man, I hope it all works out well for you. Thank you so much for having me my pleasure. Brother, h don't go away those German guys, at least one of the two. Mike Kisel joins a program to give us the information with the Buyern games, and we're gonna have least a skinner on at the bottom of the hour. And here's a topic near and dear to my heart. Her book Truth Lies and Alzheimer's It's Secret Faces stick around.
Speaker 7: Stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the hour, and that's so important. Another update coming up on fifty five krs the talk station