Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JR R.
Speaker 2: Well, Thunder, I've taken the NBA by storm for the first time.
Speaker 3: The NBA champion brasides at Oklahoma City. The story books.
Speaker 2: Season is complete. All right, a bulldog, there you go, okac's first championship. In Game seven, they finish off the Pacers one oh three ninety one to final.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the climb is complete, the rebuild is done. OKC busted up their team. I think it was five years ago now, and now they're the NBA champions, the youngest NBA champions in nearly fifty years. Shay Gildess Alexander showed why he was the MVP of the league last night, twenty nine points, twelve assists. OKC wins at one o three to ninety one. It's just a shame that I meant the Pacers were actually leading a half time. Their best player, Tyres Halliburton, went down in the first half with a looks like, according to his father, an achilles tendon injury, which means that's a serious, serious injury, the same injury that Jason Tatum of the Boston Celtics had So Halliburton misses the second half last night, and if it's a complete rupture of the Achilles ten and he'll be out next year as well.
Speaker 1: What is it like a year and a half If it's the rupture, I tell you what. You hate seeing him go down. But back to okse Man, they that's the first of this team, first of many.
Speaker 5: They're great.
Speaker 4: They're the best. They were the best team all season. Again, they're the youngest team in the league. They're deep, they're hungry, they have the MVP. Yeah, they could be a budding dynasty, but we shall see. But kudos to them. Kudos to them, I'll tell you what. And again, as you you said, you hate to see anybody go down with an injury. But when you look at the East next year, I'm in Indiana. If Halliburton's out Boston with Jason Tatum out, I mean it's wide open for the Magic, wide open for the Magic.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of dynasties, I was looking high and low. I didn't see you in the celebratory Stanley Cup parade yesterday in Fort Lauderdale.
Speaker 4: Dog Man, it was it was a sight to see I wish I'd have been able to be there with all of my other longtime Panther fans, But yeah, it was it was something else.
Speaker 3: Did they did? Did we damage the cup anymore?
Speaker 2: Not that I'm aware of, Not that I'm aware.
Speaker 4: We've already damaged the cup, But hey, if you're not damaging the cup here, you don't know how to party.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I did think, I know, Pat said you weren't there, and you said you weren't there. It could have sworn I saw you, but it must have just been some other young, handsome bald man.
Speaker 4: By the way, we were just talking about the NB A huge tree. In the NBA yesterday, the Phoenix Suns have agreed on a blockbuster trade. They're trading Kevin Durant, still one of the best players in the league at age thirty seven years old. They're sending him to the Houston Rockets, who were the number two seed in the Western Conference this year. The Rockets trade two of their better players, Jalen Green Dylan Brooks. They also trade the number ten pick in this year's draft and five second round picks for kd So the Rockets looking to get better. I don't know if this makes them better or not. Again, they traded two of their better players in Jalen Green and Dylan Brooks, and they've got a thirty seven year old Kevin Durant. But we'll see a blockbuster deal. Hey, the Magic gave up more than that to get a Desmond Bay. Maybe they should have traded for Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: What do you think, guys, Ban's a little younger, about a decade.
Speaker 3: He's about ten years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Kd is strong though. That was the big trade in the NBA.
Speaker 4: LSU wins the College World Series for the second time in three years. They beat Coastal Carolina, whose coach got tossed out of the game. LSU won two of the first two games of the series, which means it's over. It's a three game series. Final score in the deciding game was five to three. By the way, we talk about the SEC and football. The SEC has now won six straight national titles in baseball, right, LSU's won two of three, So the SEC has the national champion in basketball baseball. We know how strong they are in football. I guess the mantra really is true. SEC.
Speaker 3: It just means more, just means more.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep.
Speaker 4: Sports sports just mean more in the SCC, the SEC, we just pay more. Uh no, you know who pays more? Your university of buying me? Hurricanes, they've been. Wisconsin filed a lawsuit for already claiming that the Miami football team broke the law by tampering with a with one of Wisconsin's players. The player is believed to be freshman dB Xavier Lucas.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Miami.
Speaker 4: Miami being sued for tampering with one of Wisconsin's players who evidently had a two had signed a two year NIL agreement with Wisconsin. Miami allegedly comes in with even more cash for the player, and the player ends up transferring to Miami. But in Wisconsin said, wait a minute, we had a contract anymore.
Speaker 2: You have some Luther Campbell money stepping in here. What's going on?
Speaker 3: You know what nil stands for?
Speaker 4: Now I'll litigate, Yeah, now I'll litigate. So yeah, so this this is probably the first of many tampering charges coming in college football as we entered the pay for play here, wouldn't you agree?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For Tommy Fleetwood look like he had his first ever PGA Tour win just within his grasp, and then it was not to be. On eighteen yesterday the Travelers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Keegan Bradley ends up winning. I think Kegan Black. I think he was down three strokes with like four holes to play. He comes storming back wins the the what was that tournament?
Speaker 3: The Travelers? The Travelers Championship.
Speaker 4: Chase Briscoe wins in NASCAR yesterday, So good for him. That was his first victory of the season, only his third overall. I think that's his first victory since he moved over to Joe Gibbs Racing. So yeah, Chase Briscoe wins. Do you see who was the crew chief in the Infinity race on Saturday that won?
Speaker 2: Who was the crew chief?
Speaker 3: Dale earn Hart Junior?
Speaker 4: It was it was I guess he owns the team in Infinity and the crew chief was suspended on the team. So Dale Junior steps in as the crew chief and winning race.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: I thought I saw something about that in the highlights. F one desk was off this weekend.
Speaker 5: By the way, Yes, all right, Mike the Bulldog Bionchi, host of open Mic Weekday mornings on at Jason s Am seven forty f ninety six to ninety game and it takes a time out from his show to join us for the sports page each morning here on jr R.
Speaker 2: Thank you Dog.
Speaker 4: By the way, Happy birthday to the great Wilma Rudolph Ooh Ooh, Switch.
Speaker 2: And Taco are always on demand.
Speaker 1: Download their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app. Get it now at w j r R dot com