Speaker 1: I'd like to win a thousand bucks. We've got a chance for you. Later this morning, nine o'clock your first chance, and every hour after that until five this evening your first chance. Coming up at nine Instagram got JB again.
Speaker 2: What is it? What is it? What is it? Play that sound again one more time. There you go. It's this all right. Jav's going to tell us what that is. And just a second also still to come.
Speaker 1: Remember the story we told you guys about last week, the two girls they got trapped in a way mow on Mopak. That story is blowing up and getting bigger and bigger and more and more untrue.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 1: It's like become It's like the game telephone when you were a kid, you'd started telling the story at one end of the classroom, and by the other end of the classroom it was a completely different story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what's happening with this. We'll get to that later.
Speaker 4: Even with the original story, they were over inflating it. They were saying that they were stuck on Mopack. They were not on Moba. They were underneath Mopack.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: They were playing it up.
Speaker 3: They making it's a good story right now.
Speaker 1: He never let the truth get in the way of a good story, right right, first, Jamie, what'd you get?
Speaker 2: What Instagram got you? Now? You know?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately I can't find like the e receipt or the boxes to tell.
Speaker 2: You what brand it is. I might be able to I might be able to see.
Speaker 3: I can't see it. It's a cheap Chinese product.
Speaker 2: But I bought like a bundle of guests. There's only five bazillion of those.
Speaker 4: I know, and I bought like a bundle of six of them. And it's a little thing. Look at this.
Speaker 2: Knuckles.
Speaker 4: It looks like brass knuckles, but it's plastic. And you turn it on. There's a little switch and then there's a button on the other side. You can just you can shock somebody.
Speaker 3: Is like a little taser kind of thing.
Speaker 4: It's a taser and it's not very expensive. And I bought a bunch of them, and I gave two to my daughter, and I said, keep one in your car. We're like really handy in case someone jumps in your car, tries to pull you out of car, something like that. And and then I said take another one and put it in your backpack or whatever if you're going out, and you know, when you're walking to and from your car carpark. Yeah, just put it in your hand and it might be just enough. They can get you out of a situation. And it was very, very inexpensive. I don't know what. I couldn't find the receipt. I mean, I literally they were. They're probably under twenty bucks each, and they're probably better ones. There's probably much better commercial grade tasers and stuff like that. But I was like, you know, for this price, just have them laying around, you know, put them in your car, put it in your bags, just have it handy. And then I just put one in my wife's car and I said, look, I put one of these little taste things in the little cubby on your driver door. You know, God forbid somebody tries to jump in your car or something.
Speaker 1: Just so when you when you touch someone with it, you don't have to you don't have to activate or anything.
Speaker 2: Just by touching them activates it with the.
Speaker 4: No, there's an on button and then there's this button on the back, so oh, you push, you push.
Speaker 6: It as you touch them and their knuckles knuckle taser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I found that knuckles stun gun. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like I need one of those sandy, right, not a bad thing to have, right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna get I just have to get one that's better than JBS.
Speaker 4: Yeah there, I'm sure there are, because there's some that are actually and they were more expensive. I might get that at some point that it's almost like a it's also.
Speaker 2: Like a pole like it.
Speaker 3: I saw that too, Yeah, yeah, and so.
Speaker 4: That probably you don't have to be as close to them right to be able to use it.
Speaker 2: That might be a good thing too. But this one's fifty bucks.
Speaker 6: Have a holster with it, za blast knuckles, stun gun with holster.
Speaker 4: I just put that right. There's there's creed more in Tricia coming out. I got a stun gun on a holster.
Speaker 6: So I can get to it real fast.
Speaker 1: That's pretty Jimmy. Did you spend fifty bucks on it? I probably spent fifty bucks on five six?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: This is one that I'm looking at is forty eight sixty nine brass knuckled taser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not.
Speaker 6: There's something called the Home Security Superstore.
Speaker 1: I could taste anybody with it, you know what it feels like. No, I haven't, I'll be a guinea pig.
Speaker 4: I haven't tested it, but it says, you know it'll it will shock them. But if you hold it on them repeatedly, it could you know, it could really mess somebody up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get our kid one of these. You kicked out of school in two hours.
Speaker 3: Find a reason that should be done.
Speaker 1: Somebody running up behind people and hitting them with it.
Speaker 4: And I said that to my daughter when I gave around, like, don't be cute and start zapping your friends. It's you know, that's that's an eighty d trait that she inherited for me, where you think it's cute and you're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's nothing worse than that when you try to pull a gag and no one thinks it's funny. Yeah, I've done that a million times.
Speaker 3: Seeing to get me when I'm pink.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I thought you were master of the throat.
Speaker 3: Punch, right man?
Speaker 6: Can you imagine a throat punch with the knuckle taser combos.
Speaker 2: O good one.
Speaker 3: Somebody sap him in the face, sap him in the throat as you karate chop them across it. Oh yeah, those people are going down.
Speaker 1: Well, there's some damn weapons you can get out here now now.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean they'll just send them to anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's this the guard dog dual led anti grip faux knife stun guy.
Speaker 3: Wow, going on with that.
Speaker 2: My feet is going to be full of this forever. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow. This and peptides. I looked up what peptides were, Dear Lord, supplements with peptides for it's.
Speaker 3: Good for your face. That's all I know that peptides.
Speaker 1: Everyone's trying to sell me peptides. I'm like, I just clicked on one thing because I was curious. Now they're all after me.
Speaker 4: I thought you were a duck duck go guys, so you wouldn't be tracked.
Speaker 1: Like, I clicked the link and my default one was the Explorer and it opened it up. But then I still exists Microsoft Explorer. Yeah, is that the one? I don't know which one I'm using. I don't know. I don't use the Apple one, okay anyway, and you don't use Google. No, don't interesting, So JB. That's good advice. Get those sell out of those things.
Speaker 4: They're not expensive, and why not have a few of these, like especially the car situation. You see like these incidents at like gas stations where someone will crawl in your car.
Speaker 1: Boa that's a lesson I taught our daughter because she's about to get.
Speaker 2: A driver's license.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, if you're stopping get gased, you loop around that gas before you pull in to get your gas and look around and see if there's someone standing around not doing anything, and if there is, leave.
Speaker 6: But also when you get out, you lock your door. You leave your door open to get in the driver's door, but you hit the door lock, so people pumping gas and people on the passenger side sneak in or steal your purse out of the front or jump in the back seat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've had that talk with my daughter too about like she, you know, is a wake surf coach. She gets paid in cash sometimes and then you'll go deposit it at the ATM. Like that ATM. You got to be hyper aware of everything around you.
Speaker 6: There was just one of those incidents of two guys sat in a bank parking lot, saw somebody withdraw some cash and followed them home and jumped them in their house. And there's a word for it that I can't think of right now. It's a it's a weird word. It doesn't sound like to do with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you're talking Another thing is I told Landry, if you ever see a sticky note on your back windshield, leave it.
Speaker 2: Anything your windshield. Yeah, they'll put it under your windshield wiper.
Speaker 1: Because the angle is you get into your car and then you see it and then you open your door and leave it open to get whatever the note is, and that's when they jump in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's called jugging, judge jugging, Yes, thank you. I was looking it up and jugging.
Speaker 1: There was a rash of that in Austin for a while, yes, yeah, And I think they caught the guys that were doing.
Speaker 6: It, these two the most recent report that I saw. Those guys did get caught. It just you have to be on high alert at all times, especially if you're a girl especially. So Yeah, these this knuckle taser JB, well done, good job.
Speaker 1: And the kind of the final thing I told Landry. Once we were we went down to oh I know it was. We went and saw a show acl Uh at the Moody Theater, not the Moody Theater but the Amphitheater. And we were walking back and we saw this artist, Fade Webster. She and three of her friends. We're going through the parking garage and all three of them are staring at their phones in the I stopped. I go stop right now, ladies, I'm gonna tell you something. Don't ever forget this when you're walking through a parking garage. Don't look at your phones. Look at what's going on around you parking garage.
Speaker 3: Just in general, they shouldn't be walking staring at their phones.
Speaker 4: But yeah, hey, I'm going to give you. And I told my daughter to follow this. I don't know she is, but if you want a really good Instagram follow there's a young woman. Her name is Dana Dana or Dana d A n n Ah Underscore Eve and she teaches women's safety, tons and tons of safety tips.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Like I'm looking at attention, ladies, watch this before using a public restroom again. Garage door security, know how to do this? Oh, open water survival, this can save your life. I'm looking at some of the thumbnails here. Here's the situation where awareness can save your life. Never leave this one item in your car, right it's gold. Yeah, it's got.
Speaker 6: Two and a half million follow ups, helping women really good, stay safe, prepared, and empowered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good stuff. Again, that is at Dana d n nah underscore Eve on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Good stuff coming up.
Speaker 1: We told you last week about the two women that got trapped inside of a way mow. They said they were on mopack, they really weren't. But this story is just blowing up and it's getting more and more untrue the more it gets spread around. We'll fill you in on all the details coming up on Austin's eighties station What oh three point one. It's the JV and Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station What O three point one. Hey, if you want to win a thousand dollars, be listening at nine o'clock. That's your first chance today. It's coming up at nine on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one. Last week, we told you guys about these two women that were in a way MO and they got trapped inside of a waymo. They said they were on mopack, but they actually weren't. They were underneath mopack and an underpass. Anyway, this story is blowing up, and when do you hear some of the headlines that have gone out from around the world about this story. But first, here's what the women sounded like.
Speaker 3: Adice is the.
Speaker 6: Most insane thing we're in a waymo here under Mopack. Under Mopack, it was going the wrong way.
Speaker 3: We called customer support. It stopped us right here and wouldn't let us out of the car. There's no you can't talk to anybody and give directions.
Speaker 6: So then we're talking to customer support, which is who.
Speaker 3: Knows what we're talking to someone.
Speaker 1: We were in the car until five minutes and eleven seconds and I said, I'm going live on.
Speaker 3: TikTok if you don't let us out in this way bow, And it's still.
Speaker 1: Stopped and it's still saying this is insane wavemo.
Speaker 6: I know I sound dramatic when I'm saying cards.
Speaker 1: So some of the headlines that have come out because so we get the way it works. Most people know this is that local story happens. Local news gets it first, right, that's the way, and then other outlets pick it up and they change it a little bit, give it its own headline, add a little spice here and there. And did you see this in the Daily Mail from the UK?
Speaker 2: Trush? Yes, what was the headline?
Speaker 3: Self driving car kidnaps passengers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were underneath Mopack. They were trying to go to deep Betty cabaret. Yeah, the bar on Lake Austin Boulevard. And this has really been blown out of proportion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has. I mean this is a nightmare for Weimo because the story won't end. Normally, you get forty eight hours, seventy two hours of a story and it goes away.
Speaker 6: They're over a week, they're coming up on a week now. It's still making the headlines. And the way the story has written is so dramatic. The car went haywire and stranded passengers on a busy section of Mopack. They were trapped inside. The vehicle was unresponsive. Weimo's remote support couldn't regain control of the vehicle. It sounds very out of control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Have you still got used a weymo yet, jib I have not, and I do use Uber periodically, and you cannot just solicit a Weimo, at least in Austin.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I think there's a few unique markets where they partnered with Uber and it's through the Uber app, and so if you request an Uber you may get a Weimo. You just don't have any control over it. Because I wanted to intentionally take one and I couldn't. I couldn't find a way, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, if it's available, it'll get Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Luck of the draw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was curious because I was like, I'll take my chances with an autonomous car over some of the drivers I've had as of late.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like it that WEIMO made a statement and said, yes, our vehicle experienced a quote difficult driving scenario. They're like trying to make it sound so much better than apparently it was.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm quite there with you JB on the WEIMO. I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just see them all over my neighborhood and they drive. They drive, I would say from my observation like they they seem to drive more aggressive alentatively, like than a normal driver who's staring at their phone. The light seriously, like the light changes and then what do you do?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: Two, three?
Speaker 4: You know you can count ten seconds sometimes because people are staring at their phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these things.
Speaker 4: You can see them just like getting up to speed quick after a stop sign or whatever. It's it's it's like from my like again I have not been in one, but my observing them on the road, it seems like they're more dialed in and attentive than a human.
Speaker 2: Well, it would surprise me as much. As often as you see people just.
Speaker 1: Like you said, distracted on their phone as you're driving, it would make a lot of sense that the weymo is going to do a better job.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: The self driving on the Tesla is awesome. My friend has one and we drove from Cedar Park to Southwest Austin and he never touched anything.
Speaker 2: It just drove us. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw a guy who was just literally phone scrolling in a Tesla self driving and I just wanted to throat punch him.
Speaker 2: So right, it's the JB and Sandy Show.
Speaker 1: We'll do it again tomorrow from seven until eight on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one