Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology.
Speaker 2: We'll let you tako one on one one w jr R. But you're freaking idiots, so we just turned music from a funeral portrait. They're part of the group of bands that will be playing along with Ice nine Kills and a host of others a little bit later this year and hard Rock. All I have you a chance to win tickets for that show this morning. If you vote and you say we play, you get about fifteen minutes to do so over the jar our Facebook page. Everybody votes eligible for the tickets.
Speaker 1: All right, you're voting on kid Rock. There's three songs to vote from. One with the most votes is played back at nine and then we just randomly picked somebody for those tickets.
Speaker 2: Ready for a little different love story?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you mean? Different love?
Speaker 2: Different type of love story?
Speaker 1: You've had a lady that loved a fish.
Speaker 2: This one is. Let's just say the couple is happily married now, but it took a couple of years of hot pursuit by the woman of the two. The man and the woman who ended up getting married, The Brazilian woman who first laid eyes on her now husband when she was attending a funeral. The funeral director named Apollo Scariots caught her eye. Daniella Signor was infatuated and knew that was the man that she needed to marry.
Speaker 1: The guy who works at the funeral the funeral director.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so obviously you're at the funeral. The funeral director is focused on funeral proceedings, right, So there was no connection, not even any eye contact whatsoever. So Daniella did the logical thing. She started showing up as a frequent viewer at funerals people she wouldn't even know. She would just go so she could see this Apollo guy. Did the guy ever do the math and kind of figure out that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it didn't. Eventually they connected and now they're married.
Speaker 3: I was just, wouldn't you think, man, you really have bad luck with friends all of all the amount of people that you've been in here for that have died, I'm staying far away from you.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't even know them. This is he you, honey. People go to all ends for love. Okay, Well, I'm glad it worked out. For two years of just you know, attending funerals on a regular basis, which most of us. That's not something any of us really all look forward to. No, I mean they really don't cost you anything to go to, right, All, she's good, She's gonna have the meal after.
Speaker 2: You're sitting around one summer afternoon man on board today, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I know? At least it's ac in those places, very chilly to keep the bodies at the right tim.
Speaker 2: Go in there and sit down amongst the dearly departed friends and relatives and strike up. I'm gonna miss him. Yeah, it's her name is Vanessa?
Speaker 1: Oh her?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna miss her too. You know how it is nowadays.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 1: People's identifying in certain sex groups. What's in the suitcase? I said, we'd know because it's usually a head. But are we going with a leg? Actually, everything but the head would be the correct answer. This would be the contents of a suitcase in a popular Italian tourist spot. It was the body of a missing woman who had been beheaded.
Speaker 2: God. She was from Romania, had been missing since the middle of the last month. As it turns out, she was in Italy working as a high end escorts Oh okay, she got connected with this guy who wanted her services, had the services performed and then informed her that I guess he didn't have the money to pay for her services. She then said, you either pay me or I'm going to expose you to your family and blah blah, And that was enough to give him motive to dispense with her.
Speaker 4: And here I was thinking he just wanted a head, so I ended up getting hers. I mean, everybody right there on the mantel, I.
Speaker 2: Know, this is really really going to be morbid, but my first thought was similar to that, although it involved the head still on the body and the inability to zip up the suitcase without making an accommodation.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, this just whole thing just feels discussing.
Speaker 2: Would you like some whier fare to wrap up this final idiotology of the morning. This comes with visuals that you might find pleasing.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, you watched wedding crashers too many times? Oh yeah, old lady, Yeah, yeah, I remember it. Towards the end, he goes, I've moved on to funerals now, guys, it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There's a a neighborhood in Minneapolis where every year, for the last few years, large crowds have been gathering to watch the annual sharpening of a giant pencil, a number two pencil that's.
Speaker 1: Right along the lines of going to a funeral on a board summer day. I'm not going to one. Here's here's how this all came to be. There was a horrible storm a few years ago and this property owned by this family suffered some severe damage in one of their oak trees. Was really just beyond needed to be taken down. So rather than take it down, they commissioned a local artist to sculpt a giant number two pencil huge out of it's like twenty two feet tall. I'm looking at it jrr Facebook page right now.
Speaker 2: And paint it to resemble a number two pencil. And then they also built a giant sharpener, which now on the anniversary of the storm the locals gather. This year. On this past Saturday, more than a thousand people showed up to watch him place the giant sharpener on top of the pencil and shave a little bit off. So the thought is, make this an annual event and eventually there'll be nothing left. But you remember you'd use those number twos when you were in school to get him down as small as you could barely even hold on to it, So they envision that happening one day. I my My main takeaway here is Okay, that's that's cool.
Speaker 1: Obviously there's no ho A in this neighborhood.
Speaker 2: There's no h o A in the world that's gonna put up with this. So're gonna let you put up a giant number two pencil.
Speaker 1: These thousand people get together, is it at least like a party? Like?
Speaker 2: Do they have drinks and watch the I have the full coverage of it. If you really are that inquisitive, you can maybe look closely and see if there's food and beverage being offered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I'm learning, because otherwise I'm out. I might go down to the local lanes on Saturday. What do you want to do? I was playing on going bawling with the boys.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, honey, it's pencil sharpening day.
Speaker 1: I'm fast forwarding to the party area. Let's see people, people, They're jumping up and down. I'm not seeing any kekestands. I am not seeing any red solo cups. No, there is a bunch of goobers. We just go to the pixel sorp neat f are the rock station