Speaker 1: We have a guest today on the Minnesota Goodbye. Vont is going to be here for at least the first part because there's a question that involves you. Oh wokay, So let's get started the Minnesota Goodbye, which a lot of the Minnesota Goodbye is emails because we love the fact that you basically write the content for the show. And if you write an email in and we use it, we'll send you a staff writer sticker. Our secretary Brie will do that for you, and it's a beautiful little round staff writer sticker says official Minnesota Goodbye. Staff writer. You stick it on your yetti, you stick it on your computer, you stick it on your whatever you want to stick it on, and so include your mailing address. I got a question for Bailey.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 1: I love Bailey and Vant on the show. What is the dynamic between Bailey and Vant? Why do I get the vibe they don't get along great? Is that part of the bit. Maybe I'm misreading it. I've been listening in debating asking because I may be way off. Have a wonderful day. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face daily. That's from Sarah. I'm glad that you love Bailey and Vant on the show, we do too. So who wants to address this situation?
Speaker 3: I just want to say one thing prior, so, like, I think it's funny because before, like right when I started, and even before I started, when I was still like subbing and Drake was gone, so Vant was here, people were texting in saying I think Bailey and Vont are into each other and that they're together. Yes, and so now people texting in and being like, I think they hate each other is wild to me because there's those are two entirely different spectrums to me. On either end of the spectrum, Oh yeah, totally, No, I don't hate Vant. I think Vont and I are probably the closest on this team.
Speaker 1: I would say you probably are because for whatever reason, and I'm going to tell you my observation. I watched these two flirt with each other all through the first couple of weeks. Flirty, flirty, flirty, and you know, nothing, nothing too bad because Alyssa is, you know, the love of Vaunt's life. He wasn't here then, well she wasn't, but a little flirty, flirty flirt. See how hard the Bailey laughed at Vaughan's choke there. So I think there's still a little bit of like, you know, just like a little bit of whatever, and that's fine. When Angie Taylor first started in the show, Susan said, it sounds like you got a little crush on each other, and I said, you know what, maybe we did. I don't know when we first started, but after a while it kind of devolves into you fucking asshole though I don't know, so I think it's a good excuse. I think you guys rib each other because you like each other. Yeah, I was going to give the opposite. I was gonna say that. I think I'm gonna friend zone you right here. I think you and I are more like very brother sistery.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even yesterday when we had the Mall of America event, you were like, just stop being a fucking crab apple. You like poke. We sit in these meetings after the show and you don't you have to like touch me, whether you're hitting me with the pen, yeah, or you're like stabbing me in the leg ors a good bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you like why me and like, why are you such a big fat crabby patty?
Speaker 2: No, Bailey and I talk very often outside the show. We don't dislike each other whatsoever. No is the mitae.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't like her at all, honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh hey Bailey to see.
Speaker 1: Avon. You're free to go. No, No, you got stuff to do in the other room. Okay, see, Vaughnt's got things to do in the other room. If he didn't have anything to do, then we would have Vont on the podcast. But you know we got you got stuff to do. Get out.
Speaker 4: No. I wanted him to turn the lights off. I was motioning to him. Try you yelled at him. It was my fault, you're dad.
Speaker 1: Okay, next email, Let's see what we got here. I got to click on the right tab because there's tabs everywhere. My name is wan Nita. Hi, y'all want to say start by saying I love the new addition to the show, and I'm still watching for the bigger, better, blacker billboards. Hello, I want to address the questions come up on the show before. Am I a bad parent? A while ago, Dave, you were talking about how kids don't know how to sweep, mop or do some of the everyday chores that other people know how to do correctly, And I noticed this boy Scout camp it'd be like, okay, boys, we got to clean up the cafeteria before we check out. And there's a broom, there's a mop, and you would hand a kid a mop or a basic broom, like a like a you know, a straw ish kind of broom, and they would hold it like a hockey stick. And they had no fucking idea how to mop or how to like sweep a floor.
Speaker 2: And they were seen a movie, seen Cinderella.
Speaker 1: I guess not so weird. So Jannita goes on to say, I got a fourteen year old son, and just the other day I asked him to sweep up the crumbs out of the kitchen. The way he was holding the broom looked inhumane. You could tell he had no idea what the hell he was doing. To be honest, I can't remember ever asking him before to sleep, sweep or mop any thing. After painfully watching him trying to sweep up a few crumbs, I start asking him to do other chores like fold laundry, loa the dishwasher. It's become very apparent this boy can't do shit, and it's my fault. I told his dad. He just keeps saying the same thing. I told you stop doing everything for him. Am I indeed a bad parent because my fourteen year old can't do anything?
Speaker 2: Help?
Speaker 1: Ps keep having the best show on the radio ever. I love listening to you guys every day. Love y'all. Thank you, Anita. That always means a lot when people say they like the show so appreciated. No, you're not a bad parent. You are a good parent for noticing that your kid can't do shit, and you're a good parent for not snatching the broom out of his hand and saying, let me do it myself. But yeah, I think that absolutely. If Carson had to fold laundry when he was fifteen, he would have been lost because Susan did everything for him, right. But now, for some reason, he's been able to figure out sweeping, shopping, laundry folding, making doctor appointments, and plane reservation.
Speaker 2: Wow, all on his own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does great. I tell you, the kid has made a turnaround once he realized that he's on his own. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's what happened. So you kind of like get thrown into the world after high school, whether you go off to college or start working full time or whatever it is, and you just realize, hmm, I got to figure some shit out now.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you have no choice. So you're like, well, I've been tossed in.
Speaker 4: I think the hardest transition for me, honestly was making doctor appointments. That was very hard for me to do on my own like that. I don't know, it's just a stressful thing to do. And so you I'm still like calling my mom like I don't know if I did this right.
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 4: She's like, we'll just show up and make sure she checks like your health, and then you should be good.
Speaker 1: I think that also, I'm going to take it a step further. There are couples where one person does all of the stuff like that and the other person you hear about like you know, an old man die or in like an old lady dying, and the husband has never learned how to do like he can't cook any assurance or cook or pay the bills or whatever. And Susan's really kind of been that way. I tried to make a plane reservation a year or so ago, and I did it wrong. I didn't use our miles and I was paying full price, and she had to cancel it and go back and use our miles because I didn't know how to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh, but I know how.
Speaker 1: To make a doctor's appointment. By the way, I went to the doctor yesterday for a little spot on my face that came on a real all of a sudden, doctor comes in. He takes one look, literally three seconds. He's like, yeah, it's nothing, and he told me what it was. He's like, yeah, you get him when you're getting older and they pop up out of nowhere, and I'm like, that's fucking great news.
Speaker 2: A liver spot.
Speaker 1: Well he called it a barnacle of something. Really, yes, you've got barnacles. I got barnacles of something, and I'm like, that's hot. Nobody's ever going to have sex with me ever again.
Speaker 2: I mean, they weren't going to anyway of aging.
Speaker 4: It says barnacles of Agentoric Bailey.
Speaker 1: What it says.
Speaker 4: Syboric caratosis is like the technical term. They're non cancerous skin growth that can resemble barnacles. What that's not the title of this Parker spot on your face?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says they're going to spring up all over your body and I'm like, oh, that'll be great. Wow. You know, one day when you're laughing your ass Off. I want you to remember back to this day, so in the year probably twenty sixty four, Bailey, when you're old and ugly, I want you to remember how you laughed at me. Yeah, and I want you to come over and bring me a sandwich out of your palety.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, Okay, good, what's gonna say you? You're gonna still be alive?
Speaker 1: Love that, Andrew writes in I've Got Faults. I've composed a list of things I do that annoy other people. Andrew, I love this already. Here we go. When someone is speeding through a parking lot and honks at me as if I'm crossing a lane or the road to get into a store, I stop, turn to face them and cock my head to the side and stare at them and look confused.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I like that one. When somebody is face timing or talking to somebody on a speakerphone in a store, having a full conversation. I join in, assuming this is now a public debate person on the phone. Did you hear what Jennifer said of the PTA meeting the other night? Me? Oh my god, what is that crazy loon up to now? So you join in your I thought about doing that before. I love it because I saw a video of a guy doing that one time, like at an airport, and then the person on the phone realized and he's like, oh, I no, I wasn't talking to you. No, I'm just I'm over here, and he was on his own phone call. Yeah, So the person on the speakerphone would be like, do you hear what Jennifer did at the PTA meeting the other night. He's got his own phone up to his here. He's like, no, what that crazy old loon do now? And the other person would eventually catch on and go, are you talking to me? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm on my own phone call.
Speaker 1: Then he keep it up. Next one the number of cars on the road with broken blinkers. You're driving along all of a sudden they just dip off. There's nothing I can do about this. One is just irritating that we can't keep blinkers working. Signed a passive aggressive Minnesotan Andrew, you win the award for most random ass email of the week, and I love it. Remember the other day Nurselena wrote in and said, Dave, you need eyelid surgery? Remember that I do? And she said you know. I'm a professional. I'm a nurse. I work in this field. I noticed that your eyelids are sagging. It can be, you know, a health detriment. You can't see peripherally. Blah blah blah. And so she said, hey, if you want to get something done, points you out blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Did she respond?
Speaker 1: So she did because we were kind of ripping her a little bit in a lighthearted sort of way. Yes, And we called her nurse o Lena and we said, yeah, Nurselena, she's been bullying me and blah blah blah, but of course we were kidding. Nurselena writes in I am so sorry, Dave. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I was just trying to inform you as a nurse that it might start to affect your feel the vision. Someday in the future, you and Susan are still hot flame emoji, and make whatever decisions now are in the future and you'll still be hot, but you might not see as well. I'll leave it to your doctors and nurses to give you many a medical info. Sorry for being a rude bitch. You were not a rude bitch at all, but I did think it was a little bit rude. It'll be flat out honest with you, and maybe we all learned something that if you point out something about somebody's appearance, they can't change in thirty seconds. But at the same time, you weren't just a random pet groomer. You know what you're talking.
Speaker 2: About, yeaheah.
Speaker 3: So and then we got to you know, talk to my friend Winnie, and it turned into you know, good content, and.
Speaker 4: Now you are sort of considering it.
Speaker 1: I really am, Yeah, I really am. I think I ever stepped because while you don't know me, all of you make me feel like close friends with me with how long I've been listening. Anyway, keep being awesome and hot. Haha. No rakes we required because I said, I'm so ugly that it looks like my face caught on fire, and somebody tried to put it out with a rake, which I thought was a very.
Speaker 2: Tried to put it out try failed.
Speaker 1: Didn't you title that?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: What did you title the put like?
Speaker 2: Put it out with a rake or a rake? But today it's a barnacles of aging.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna write.
Speaker 2: My back favorite SpongeBob episode talk.
Speaker 1: For a minute. I'm going right back to Elena before I forget, So if you two can talk for a minute, I can write her back and say, hey, we address all this in the Minnesota. Goodbye, I love you.
Speaker 2: Any what should we talk about.
Speaker 4: I have a little spot on my face now. I feel like it is a barnacle of aging. And I am significantly younger than Dave, so I think makes feel a little self conscious. But I know that there's like crazy skin treatments out there that can help keep your skin looking baby smooth, yeah, soft and stuff. But like I think I would get to a point where I just don't care anymore. Yeah, because I was the person who went out and just sat in the sun without sunscreen on all the time.
Speaker 2: I think I was gonna be tan.
Speaker 3: I used to I wish like they'd told you when I was, you know, twenty one, that you can still wear sunscreen.
Speaker 2: And get a tan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I thought, well, if I wear sunscreen, I won't get a tan. I literally thought it was like wearing clothes on top of your skin.
Speaker 2: But it's not. You can still get a tan.
Speaker 4: And my sister would always she has like more of an olive skin tone. I have like the very fair skin, and so she would sit out and oil herself up. Yeah, and just become so dark in the summer. Right, I always like strive to be exactly like her. Yes, No, and said I. I was just a tomato and I was ruining in my skin. Have you ever gotten sun poisoning from like a bad sunburn before?
Speaker 3: No? No, because I honestly I tan really well, so like even if I burn, I'm like read for like two days.
Speaker 2: And then I turned ten.
Speaker 4: I got at one time at Countryssay, surprise, surprise. I was at festival drinking and I did not put sunscreen on early enough because I didn't realize we were just hanging out. It was like seven in the morning until like maybe ten am. I put the sunscreen on, not thinking anything of it, and then I got so badly burned. I got sun poisoning. And of course I was drinking at the same time, so that was a bad mixture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that is going to wrap it up for the Minnesota Goodbye. I just wrote back to Nurselena and told her that I love her and we're not mad, and she actually gave us plenty of content. A little bit shorter on the Minnesota Goodbye, but you know, sometimes that's how it is. Send your emails into Ryan's Show at KATIWB dot com. If you're a new staff writer, make sure you put it that you want a staff rider sticker and include your mailing address and we'll make sure we get one sent out to you. The heart and soul of the Minnesota Goodbye is your emails, so send those in. Whether you've sent in a bunch, or whether you want to bring up something new, or whether you've rented a million times, love to hear from you. Ryan Show at KDWB dot com. Thank you for listening.