Speaker 1: Hey, folks, I'm good evening. Welcome again to another money space with me calu Aja. Of course in this space we're talking money, the economy and finance. Want to make it personal to you, you know, make you a better invester and a better citizen. Right this week we're going slightly it's mainly off topic. I think it's more it's a very very good topic because immigration for centuries has been a way that communities and individuals have sought out a better life for themselves, for their families. So when you talk about financial planning, immigrating, immigration, it's a part of a financial plan. You want to go somewhere else to learn, to earn, to learn a trade, and then come back and use what you've learned to start a business. It's all part of this whole big financial plan. I don't know if financial plan is in decades not in months. So we decided to talk this week really about you know, immigration. You know what's going on with If you put the news on, there's a lot happening. Of course, America has its own different animal. Europe a lot of changs in Europe. How you can go to Europe? What just a lot is going on and we need an expert right to break through all that you know, FUS and to give us just the process, you know, the legal process. What do we need to know? What do we need to do? You know, so that if we are planning to go to school abroad, I want to emigrate to live with our partner, or want to just move for a better life, which is not illegal, right, we want to know the way to do it. So this week I brought in a guest. I consider her a friend now she's always on my Space and I'm very, very happy that she has allowed us to partner on this. Her name is Claudine. I think she's from Rwanda. It's from Rwanda. Claudine. You want to unmute, sort of introduce yourself to the community, and then you know it's going to be at space. I did have tons of questions. We'll just sort of start off. What you've got the floor? How are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Thank you? How are you I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing very well. You are come from the US? Correct?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Perfect? So I had shared Clothing's email, sorry, her firm, her law firms link on to the page. I'm going to share it again on my pitching case. You'd like to full up with her after the session, that would be fantastic. What do you want to do a brief introduction?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, hi, if you are good, good afternoon, good morning, the evening. You know where each and each view is. My name is Claudine here Gasana. I am more originally from Rwanda, but I'm also a US citizen and I'm based in the US right now for the last almost eighteen years. I am an immigration attorney only licensed to New York, Texas, and I practice in federal District court in statehourt make me innovation.
Speaker 2: Law, but I do a little bit of family law.
Speaker 3: In some employment law. But my specialization for the last time seventeen years is in immigrationion.
Speaker 2: So I'm I am a mother and a wife. I have two children. So I'm happy to be here today with Carlo. I follow his spaces.
Speaker 3: I'm very interested in African growth, in Africans, and I have to tell you the majority of my clients are from Africa, so of course you know I'm very close to the African community.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Well, we're glad to have you here, glad to here. Let's jump straight into it sort of could you summarize for us what are the processes for immigration to DC. Let's use the US as a case study. If I want to emigrate to the US, what are the legal pathways and what are the types of immigration joy US as a summary, like I'm a twenty five year old guy in ninetyag to school. What is the process more or less right?
Speaker 3: So, the process of immigration is under the Immigration Nationality Art, which is a law that was.
Speaker 2: Enacted in nineteen fifty two. You know.
Speaker 3: That government in immigration here in the United States. Of course, they have been amendments, they have been added laws and regulations to the process.
Speaker 2: So immigrant or immigrant in the United.
Speaker 3: States, there are different pathways. There is support that she through family family immigration. For example, if you are you a citizen.
Speaker 2: You marry, you have.
Speaker 3: The right to marry whoever you want and then bring them on through marriage. So now if you have a a if you also have parents who are not citizens, you can also bring them to the United States. Is immediate relatives Once if you have a law for parent resident residency, you can petition for your spouse and children under twenty one. So that there's basically that's one aspect family sponsorship, either.
Speaker 2: Through a citizen or a law for family resident.
Speaker 3: There's also employer sponsorship employment sponsorship which include work visas and includes the work visa can go or for work visa to also becoming a resident and they are becoming a citizen.
Speaker 2: There is coming here as a student. You know, some.
Speaker 3: People, a lot of people in Nigela, for example, they come.
Speaker 2: Here on student business. And you know, you go to school.
Speaker 3: To university or college. After each category of graduation, you are allowed one year of practical training and you can continue on. And that's how most are employed and the employer really takes interest in you. There was sponsor your Green carts. Green card is a common residency through sponsorship. By the way, you know, we are on X which is in a mass platform right now.
Speaker 2: He also took that path.
Speaker 3: You know, he became as a student and then he later became a.
Speaker 2: Resident and then became a citizen.
Speaker 3: So did President Trump's wife, Millennia Trump, although she was on a hron B which is a work visa, and.
Speaker 2: Then she became a Green card holder.
Speaker 3: So there's employee employment sponsorship also has a component of self petitioner, like you can saf petition if you demonstrate that it is in the national interest for the United States to waive the employer sponsorship because of your achievement. For example, I was talking about Milannia Trump. She sponsored through eby one A, which is an act ability for I think she was in one B because she was in the modeling and entertainment. There's also sponsorship through investment if you invest in.
Speaker 2: A lot of amount of money, million dollars and you.
Speaker 1: Create jobs million.
Speaker 3: Also, yeah, it's a very millions. Now they increased. It's called EB five. You can also get a green card or permanent residency or conditional residency, and then within two years if you if you show that you have created ten jobs, then you'll be able to get a permanent residence card.
Speaker 2: There's but there's.
Speaker 3: Also non immigrant visas, right, so we talked about work visas. There's different ways we hear about H one B. There are different types of artists like oh one, you know, I like to talk about maybe some African celebrities, for example.
Speaker 2: Uh, Trevor Noa, Right, he came here on one visa. I don't know if he continued to become a Green card holder or.
Speaker 3: If he just kept his own one or now I don't know now if he's in the United states, you know, like actors like Peter and Jongle, like all those people who achieve a certain level of accomplishment, they.
Speaker 2: Have their own type of business.
Speaker 3: They can go from all one and then to eby one which is employment based safe petition. You don't need a sponsor because of your achievements. They are also scientists to.
Speaker 2: Like people who are.
Speaker 3: Researchers, engineers. I work with engineers, researchers.
Speaker 2: It you know, we are in the air. And now a lot of people from actually Nigeria.
Speaker 3: I have some Nigerian clients who are very very smart. And then they don't need sponsorship, they safe petitions. And then last but not least, there is the human human Inellian.
Speaker 2: Aspect of immigration.
Speaker 3: That's where you find asylum you know, refugee stylus, and you find temporary protected status, you find a role, you know, like the p were given to people from Haiti, from Ukraine, Afghanistan from TPS. For one, they used to have a TPS back in nineteen ninety four for a short period of time. Like people in not Sudan they had a tpis because of what's going.
Speaker 2: On in the country.
Speaker 3: There's dis temporary protected start as they give to those individuals only human human Italian grounds. So yeah, to be brief, those are the categories where someone can come to the United States. Of course you can come to visit and go you need a visa. That's not an immigrant that's coming to visit. It's not like to immigrate in the US.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a lot I hear you talk about investing. If I have a million dollars, I can come. If I'm smart, I can come. If someone is married, I can come. If I want to go to school, I can come and then stay here. Lots of pathways are to come. So what's going in America right now? So it's legal to emigrate to America, right that's just because people get confused and upset or they don't want to come. So there are lots of ways to come to America, and American government wants you to come to America. That's what I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, I mean the laws are still on the books. You know.
Speaker 3: You have to understand the president does not make the law in the United States.
Speaker 2: The Congress votes, and so what.
Speaker 3: The president does is implement the laws he has to. He plays within the boundaries of the law, the existing laws. So that's why you see some of the executive actions he has taken have been you know, shut down some people he deported, they brought them back in the US because he cannot it can go beyond the law. So the immigration is continuing. The you know, the life if you are married to your citizens. Altho, we're gonna speak about the visa band that's happening. But generally, if your country is not subject to their travel band, you everything is you. It's normal, you know, if you come legally in the United States. But however, of course there is a height of deportations.
Speaker 2: That also people who.
Speaker 3: Have a residency that they have a green pard if they have some type of criminal record, once they leave and they can't attempt to come back. Sometimes they are detained because you have a criminal record, and then you know, you have to go through bonds and maybe to clear that issue before you are released.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but the calces are gone. I mean, you know, we're not out of business, gotcha.
Speaker 1: And again, guys, if you know this is this is not my suits in my wheelhouse. So if you have a question, just in the d M or request to speak on the mic, and I argue and we're going to learn here together. So so let me come back to you. So I'm a citizen of Nigeria. Then I go to the US, stay to school, and I get my visa as a school person. Then I can then get sponsored for one year and I get my guy likes me, the player likes me. I get my green card, and I'm in the US. So from my green card, what happens do I can stay the green card forever or can I don't say I want to be a citizen. What is that process as well?
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's a you just jumped to the green card. So there's a process.
Speaker 1: Between oh this, take us back, take us back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if you are accepted for college or higher education the school, after they find that you know all your credentials, they give you a form called I twenty.
Speaker 2: So the I twenty is basically a firm that said you have to show to the embassy.
Speaker 3: Loop I have admission. I have completed all the requirements to the school.
Speaker 2: Now I need a visa. So you apply for a visa.
Speaker 3: If you're an AGA and legos, you know, you go to the embassy and you have to go through the interview.
Speaker 2: So school student visa is tied.
Speaker 3: When you apply for student visa, you are not supposed to have an immigrant immigrant intent.
Speaker 2: Basically, you have to show Okay, yes I'm going to.
Speaker 3: The United States, but I have ties in my home country, I have a financial support, like I'm not.
Speaker 2: Going to be depending on the US government to support me.
Speaker 3: So once they verify that the embassy, we.
Speaker 2: Grant you the student visa.
Speaker 3: The student visa is issued on what's called duration of status, meaning like the eye twenty you have, yes, you know certain such is coming. For the program of a bachelor's degree in engineering, it's going to be four five years.
Speaker 2: So once you arrive, you have to go to school. You have to.
Speaker 3: Attend a full full time you have to be a full time of course study. So that's one of the requirements. Most people they violate the status when they arrive in the US and then they are not pursuing the school. And if you don't show up at school, because that eye twenty is connected to the to ice, it is connected to them. It's called how it's called service service. Let me tell you what service means. It's a verification.
Speaker 2: Let me say in full wards so we can I never memorize it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a student, Student and Exchange Visitors Verification system, so which means all they so not all colleges and all universities have are eligible to host international students. Those colleges and universities even high school.
Speaker 2: But you know that's another topic. All educational institutions.
Speaker 3: Who are eligible to host international students, they have to have a s e VP, like the Student and Exchange Verification Program with ICE. ICE is Immigration and Customs Enforcement, so they communicate, Okay, yes, Calu has been granted the student visa. You arrive in the US system that you arrived today, you have to be to show up at school within thirty days. If you don't show up at school, I is going to show in the system and the ICE is going to contact your college. Hey WhatsApp, but we didn't see Calu.
Speaker 2: Did he show up? No?
Speaker 3: If you don't, then in your service record is terminated.
Speaker 2: You know, like you are in valiation.
Speaker 3: So you have to attend school and the schools have to always report back. Yes, they're SI pursuing a full time course. So once you finish a program, you know, say a four year program, you are given one year of employment Employment organization.
Speaker 2: If you are in the STEM program like science, Technology, engineering, and maths.
Speaker 3: After one year you and if you work with the company, that's very fine, like that's another government program.
Speaker 2: Then you're allowed an additional two years of work. Right, so you're.
Speaker 3: Already working under student visa, but is a practical training like internship typle. So after that, if you if you choose to pursue a master's program, you can go back to school getting your I twenty. You don't need to go change your visa again. Your visa is issued for duration of status, meaning for the duration of your studies and after your master's program. You all with while you are pursuing your master's program. If you get an employer to sponsor your visa, your green card, your residency, or your work visa, you could be dealing with it work visa h R and B that's basically h R and B is the most common employment visa for for people for people.
Speaker 2: With a bachelor's degree or above.
Speaker 3: But we only have a few per years, have like sixty five thousand for bachelor's degree and then there's another pool for twenty thousand for US masters. So there's always a lot going on throughout the year, which by the way, Trump, they are trying to change how they are selecting people that they will try to do that based on salary.
Speaker 2: Which is going to affect.
Speaker 3: College graduates because hn B is really for college graduates for like you know, new students who just international students who just used their school and they need employment sponsorship. So if you are likely to get H and B to get sponsored by an employer, your H one B is a nonimial visa like temporary, is valid for six years. Within those six years, normally what happens, you know us companies, if you work everywhere, I mean one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Really almost a hundred percent, there was as a breaker.
Speaker 3: Like employment based and then you get your BREAKERD from the company. You have to work for the company, and then after five years you will because you apply for your citizenship or if within that time you meet a you know your fiances, you're a citizen, or even if you had older they can petition for your marriage petition and then you can obtain your citizenship through marriage instead of employment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so basically that's the process will be.
Speaker 3: Oh, if you are very bright, which you know it happens sometimes some kids are very smart and they during their bachelor's degree.
Speaker 2: After those those years they give them to work.
Speaker 3: They stand out and they go get their master's degree as well. They are able to petition for themselves through the national interest whatever they say.
Speaker 2: You go to school and maybe you invent something algorithm, or you publish a study that's very.
Speaker 3: Needed, its a card engage, then you will be able to save petition. You don't need an employer to petition for you because it is in the US interest. Chat they keep you in the US because you have benefited from the US education.
Speaker 2: You have worked in the US. They don't want to do they don't want.
Speaker 3: To lose your skills if you are not able to stay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So I got a question, some some guesses and the DMS. So number one, someone's asking can I work on a student visa? Because you said when you're going to a student visa, you're not going to depend on the US government for any mean, So can you work legally as a student if you're on a student visa?
Speaker 3: So when you're a student visa, you can only work on campus for twenty hours a minimum on campus if like in the library, the coffee, you know, in the cafeteria, or work for for professors and professors to Oh there's this thing. There's this optional called cipity, which is curricular practical training, but that usually happens after definition a bachelor's degree. You can or within your bachelor's degree, like it's like an internship, but I have you have to be go to a college that does CPT, like curricular practical training, and you need to have a job offer. However, they could the CIPT takes away from if you if you choose to work during school using your practical training, it means upon graduation you're not going to be able to use it because you passed one one year. So so those are the options. Or another option is if you you are eligible for extra extreme hardship for.
Speaker 2: Example during okay, like people.
Speaker 3: From the people who were here in the United States from Ukraine right before the war, and they were students on student visa, they were paying their tuition and then the war happened, they're not able to pay because maybe their parents whoever was sponsoring them is now unsafe. So you are you are eligible to apply for extreme hardship so that you can work outside of campus.
Speaker 2: I have to be approved for that. Yeah, all right, So.
Speaker 1: Someone's asking perfect so that's aecond question. You can get I'm white, wasn't in d answer. They're trying to speak. So someone's asking a question again that you mentioned all the pathways to immigration, but you didn't mention if a child is born there is that immigration. And I think it's trying to ask if a student has a child that proSP Yeah, yeah, so I'm a student. So he's saying, you didn't mention the presence of a child born in the US to a student, So is there a part way wants to.
Speaker 2: Say, so the what so?
Speaker 3: Now that's the whole the famous birth right citizenship that.
Speaker 2: Executive action.
Speaker 3: So as as soon as Trump took office, he introduced an executive action that.
Speaker 2: Will prevent anyone.
Speaker 3: Who is not a US citizen or a primary resident who gives birth in the US.
Speaker 2: For that child not to become automatically a US citizen. Basically, uh, if one, you have to have one who is either US citizen or not.
Speaker 3: For permanent resident people here need to understand too, citizens and the permanent residents, they have almost the same rights except maybe two or three. So if you're a commany resident and you are managed to a student international student, and.
Speaker 2: You have a child.
Speaker 3: Under this new executive action, that's when you have your child, we become a citizen. However, that's an executive action that was struck down by almost all the federal courts because the President wanted to change the fourteenth Amendment. I believe the fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution, which says anyone who bought anyone, anyone who is born in the United States or under the jurisdiction of the United States, meaning even in Puerto Rico or a US airplane, that person is a citizen.
Speaker 2: So basically in the US we don't have or we have both.
Speaker 3: We have soilies like like soil. You are given the citizenship by soil because you are born on this on day in the United States, or you are born of US citizens.
Speaker 2: So we have both.
Speaker 3: But the President wants to change that to only to be born if you are born in the US from a US citizen or a permanentlyitadam at least one parent. So as of today, anyone who is born in the United States, except those who are not under the jurisdiction, for example children of diplomats, they are not automatically US citizens because the diplomats that they are not ounder distraisdiction of the United States. But if you are born from a citizen, I mean a Green Can holder, a student, a visitor, you are a US. So he has not been able to be to be applicable because they the US Supreme Court has yet to decide and all the all the jusiction, even those who ate the most read states where even Trump appointed the JAR, even his own appointed judges have blocked that controversial executive action editing limiting bath Right citizenship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, I get a lot of people are saying that they would like to get the pathways if it's written out or repeated, and I'm sure you can repeat it three times and focusing going to join.
Speaker 2: And also go to my website. I really have.
Speaker 1: On the on the website. So if I'm on the website, where do I see those pathways? Like I'm on the website.
Speaker 3: So if you've got the website, there's employment based family the.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I see, okay, so you'll.
Speaker 2: Be able to see the pathways.
Speaker 1: So is it where you have where you have services, where you have business solutions refuge y, Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: The services we have different, we have even blogs. Yeah, there are different scenarios to immigrate, and what the strongest one I would say is through if you like, if you're a student, right if it's international student, to be able to keep your international student status and work through the opportunities, the opity and of course here in the US you have to network to stand up. Most people oould say, I mean, you know calling from.
Speaker 2: Nigeria and Nigerias really are very.
Speaker 3: Very right, so they really take advantage of those pathways a lot, I guess because also nobody's gonna I don't think I've seen them.
Speaker 2: In people apply for asylum from Nigeria.
Speaker 1: I know someone that did. Maybe it's a case study for you. I know a lady that also big of domestic balance in Nigeria.
Speaker 3: Those are the issues that will be granted asylum, the issues of domestic violence and.
Speaker 2: You know the taboo. But like no polilical, not nothing.
Speaker 1: I say that one is not going to pass, okay.
Speaker 3: So that means then if you are a student, you have to keep your student visa and then the work. There are opportunities after you finish school, Like I said, you get one year of work authorization, like you can work for anybody you can even create your own company, right, and then you know from there you can save petition. But it's not a fast process, but is a guaranteed process, right because it could take you years to become before you become a citizen, but you'll be eligible to work, travel and then you apply for work visas. There are different visas, like I said, there's a h n B, there's a J one, there's a J visa which is an exchange visitors visa, and you can find for an extension change of status in the US.
Speaker 2: You don't even have to leave, and the J one from J one you.
Speaker 3: Can move to another visa until you are able to really get your Green card.
Speaker 1: Can I do change of status? If I go as a forest can I change my status to say immigrants?
Speaker 3: So if you go to as a visitor visitors visa is same as a student visa, you are like I said, you are not. It's not a dual intent meaning you should not have intend to do immigrant. So and then I don't see how you can go as a visitor. They only give you six months right now. I think now for Nigeria, I think they are going to give you any months one entry, one entry only so you don't really have that much room.
Speaker 2: To change to it any immigrant visa.
Speaker 3: However, you can change to student visa like you can move to be one, to change if one, because be f visitors visa and in the student visa, they are both non your intents, So you can change to I mean if you're within that time. Of course you are able to find school, so that quite to have come already, have made some contacts, some other arrangements before you arrive, because you don't really have that much time.
Speaker 2: But you can.
Speaker 3: You can extend your visitors visa. You can extend even if they give you three months, you can come and file for an extension. They give you up to six months and you are allowed to extend after one year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but to go from visitors to immigrants immigrant visa, no, it's not possible.
Speaker 2: Less in some in some few circumstances.
Speaker 3: They say you have you were already engaged then, or you were married, then.
Speaker 2: You can find a manage petition.
Speaker 3: But they are very school nice because then again you should not have any intent.
Speaker 1: To du all intents. She said. But just to be clear, I can travel as a tourist to go see San Francisco and I go to San Francisco and I go to Sanford, and I'm intrigued by going to school in Sanford, and I apply I've become a student in Sanford. That is allowable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, the only issue would be the time.
Speaker 1: The time. If I'm able to get my admission, they need to.
Speaker 3: Extend your visitor's visa so you can make complete the arrangement.
Speaker 1: And then switch to F one and I do that my extension in the States.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can, you so you can change.
Speaker 2: It's not automatic.
Speaker 3: So on if any change of status, it takes a while. It takes a few months to get to get processed. And you can only start school after your if one change of status is approved, I mean if one is student's business or.
Speaker 2: Not. Okay? In terms yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: I got a second question again for you. So in terms of the business in the business path, where you talked about if I invest in the US, can we talk more about that? What do I invest? Do I have to buy a business? If I buy property? Do I get any it? Does it count?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What's the talk more on that? On the amount the process for investing to then get that piece and is if it's for myself or is it my whole family? If I invest, do I get for myself? You're just talking on that place.
Speaker 3: So right, so investment, right, so it be five five used to be five hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: And then they moved to like almost a minute.
Speaker 3: There are there are two two two options under eighty five. There is where you invest in a in what it's called invest with the other investors, right, So it's called the target regional center or if you invest in the targeted employment areas. They say, oh, you know you go in the city of Houston and then they say, you know this area here in southwest it is very or northwest whatever. It's an area where there's no more business has run out, like there's no business going on.
Speaker 2: So we need investors to come.
Speaker 3: And inject some money and build, you know, like maybe a shopping center so that we can have more business.
Speaker 2: Coming in and more employment.
Speaker 3: That's a targeted employment area, right. So for that you are able to you need to invest eight hundred thousand dollars. So the eight hundred thousand dollars has to come from an unsecured loans like you cannot be a loan guarantee you can Basically is money.
Speaker 2: You have to show away you got the money for.
Speaker 3: You have to trace their funds from the source. You know, they don't want any funny business like you know, cleaning.
Speaker 2: Or whatever money. And you have to be if you.
Speaker 3: Lose that eight hundred thousand, you'll be basically you'll burn. Like it's no guaranteed, so it has to be unsecured funds. So and then when you inject, you invest in a hundred thousand dollars, you are you you are given to what two year conditional green card?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I'm following just vision. I'm following. So the target is eight hundred thousand, but if I invest the first hundred thousand, I get the conditional visa green card.
Speaker 2: So no, so.
Speaker 3: What happens some people they say, okay, you have to show some steps steps in investing that money.
Speaker 2: But you have to be able to show like okay, if.
Speaker 3: I'm only if you only invested one hundred one hundred.
Speaker 2: Thousand, you have to show it. Do you have the seven hundred thousand readily available? Do you have that? In x clo?
Speaker 3: Some people put in a screw account, you know, and the banks have now how to set up an axtquer account that's not going to be used for something else. So and then they will give you two year conditional green card, and then in those three years you have to come and invest a full amount. And after two years before the expiration of your conditional green card, you have to fied for a removal of conditions to get the permanent resident card.
Speaker 2: And you have to do.
Speaker 3: That by showing that not only you have invested them they found a full eight hundred thousand, but also you have created jobs. You have created ten jobs, ten US jobs, which is not hardly like US jobs. I mean, you know all the contractors you have used. Like if it's say you're developing a shopping center, that means you have already hired you know, architect architects.
Speaker 2: You have hired the contractors.
Speaker 3: You have the office manner that basically, it's not hard to show the ten jobs. The hard the hard thing to do is to be able to show where each dollar of that eight hundred thousand came from. It has to be able to trace it all the way to the source.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, but if you don't investor in the targeted area, and you have to be careful, it has to be an approved targeted employment area, like through the states. Some states, you know, you have to go through the states to see which targeted area. You have to get a letter from the states. So, yeah, this is the target targeted area of employment. Or you invest in the regional centers, they are approved the origional centers. The issue with the regional centers some of them, you know, they because you are putting money in the pool of other investors.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's hard to see.
Speaker 3: Okay, how can you basically prove that your eight hundred thousand created created created these jobs if your fans have been put with other funds. Right, So, if you don't want to deal with the targeted area employment or the you know, the regional centers, and you have enough money, you can then invest one million and and fifty thousand dollars one million, fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And you invest anywhere you want. So you gave an.
Speaker 3: Example of building a house. So it's not enough that, Okay, are coming buy a property, a residential property for one million. No, it has to be for commercial use, you know, it has to be development type or like a reested investment, you know, like it has to have more you have to be able to show how it is going to business.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, I can't. I can't buy the house just to live in my personal house I'm going to live in. It's got to be a house for for for commerce, for business as an investment in the States. That's why I hear you say collect yes, okay. And I think they're also called opportunity zones. This this, that's why the opportunity zones and what they're calling the US where you can invest and you get those tax breaks and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean those are these you know, like states like in Texas. So I'm gonna give you an exam for back in twenty I don't know when the whole Venezuela is would happen. So a lot of people have invested here in Texas.
Speaker 2: A lot of Venezuela. And there were so in areas in.
Speaker 3: The north it's northwest or something.
Speaker 2: So they were investing in the eighty five.
Speaker 3: So because they were the bankers, because usually bankers, banks don't are very.
Speaker 2: Skeptical if you don't have a green card, if.
Speaker 3: You don't have a citizenship, to give you loans, to even deal with you, because.
Speaker 2: Mind you you only have to show that you have.
Speaker 3: A hundred thousand, right, but whatever above a hundred thousand you can get a loan from the bank.
Speaker 1: Sill again again I have to speak it's eight a target. I can do the hundred and get the rest of the bank.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you have to have a hundred.
Speaker 3: Because if it's a big project, so you only have to show you eight hundred thousand, okay, unsecured. But if it's a huge for like a project where you have a you know like Airbnb's or you're gonna do it of means center like where you have on it's a huge project, you can you can get a loan from dance. So and also opportunity zones is where they don't really the states in terms of state taxes, and Texas is very good where the endload laws are you know, lenient.
Speaker 2: So I think.
Speaker 3: Opportunities on is more also regarding the tax session and whether to get loans and less regulations from the states.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, perfect, think it has to do with immigration per perfect. So this share when you said shared investors, does that mean I can do this with other investors? Is that what that means?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So if you you can bring in on other investors. But you have to be able.
Speaker 3: To show your part your your only basically what you are required because you you you are you, you are investing. But also you need a paperwork, right, you need to get it a green car. You need to get this partway to citizenship. So you have to be able to distinguish your your personal investment that complies with immigration laws. Okay, even if you are bringing in other partners.
Speaker 1: So I have to bring in eight hundred. I like if I have a concert that bringing in one point two, I have to bring in eight hundred myself with two of us. Two Nigerians can apply and bringing founded four hundred.
Speaker 2: And this it is a couple.
Speaker 1: So a couple can do fundred, Okay, Okay, gotcha. Those are at that point. Okay, So when when I get it, then I then get the paperwork and okay, fantastic, got that. I have a DM for you get I think it's probably the students someone's asking about Harvard. He just wants to get some clarification, right, they have issues visa based immigration and visa right what is has been resolved.
Speaker 2: In the court system.
Speaker 3: I think, uh, the courts have said no, you cannot you cannot. So remember when when we begin, I told you that ICE has works with the universities if them sat under the service.
Speaker 2: Program, Like you can only bring.
Speaker 3: In international students if the government allows you to and the system to track. So so the Harvard situation was like, Okay, the Travel Administration was wanted to say Harvard will no longer get international students.
Speaker 2: Because they can they don't.
Speaker 3: They're not going to have a twenty to give out the forms the process, right, So that's.
Speaker 2: What's the harbor.
Speaker 3: But I believe that has been a cour federal cod has blocked the government from doing that because you have to be able to show why you sing why theyre singling out.
Speaker 2: One university, like that's you know, there's so many laws. Okay, yeah, so I think it's.
Speaker 3: It's a they say have international students, But I think they also still have other issues between the government and the Harvard that are not necessarily linked to student visa.
Speaker 2: They are. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't follow much, but I know the international student issue has been resolved.
Speaker 2: The process resolved.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, someone is sending me that kind of people don't talk Because the US government is now tracking social media and want to apply for visa. Interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a good point. So right now, you know, car have you pro trumped? Remember I told you trumps.
Speaker 1: Remember I'm conservating if I put it away anyone.
Speaker 2: That conservative, but it doesn't do Maybe it's good for you, but your country, your African brothers.
Speaker 1: Why on the topic, let me let me give you this scenario, case study of Nigeria and what I saw in the US and immigration. I have a friend in Nigeria, SAP certified s a p so IT guide. His wife was a nurse. His wife's an American citizen. She lives in the state. He lives in Nigeria. He applied to go to the United States to join her. When he applied, he has been good to the US and back. They denied his visa because they said, you have a spouse abroad, you have a house abroad. You can no longer apply for a tourist visa. You have to apply for an immigration that to immigrate, but to apply for that visas the backlog is three years. So for three years he was going back and forth to the visa. He not just giving a story. He couldn't go again for the next three years. Now you know, what happened. His other friend went to Mexico and crossed the border. No problems.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, extreme festival. Is his wife or you a citizen? Yes? Three years?
Speaker 1: Yes, it took three years in Nigeria to get the to get the appointments in Nigeria three years backlog, so three years to get the appointment of travel and of course you know there is a wife. Because the presence was crowded in the States, they had the surge of folks across the border. They had no time to deal with the legal immigrants. So the legal immigrants in Nigeria that are applied to following the law.
Speaker 2: Those are talking points because only a few people, I guess we get.
Speaker 3: I really wanted to speak about that particularly. But let me address that that your friend's situation. First of all, if you're his wife, who have applied early, like as early as possible for his I want a pet because you have to apply marriage petition.
Speaker 1: Here first in America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here in the US. Sorry, and then once it's approved with.
Speaker 3: The US Immigration U s c I s U S Citizenship and Immigration Services, then that's when it goes is sent to the National Visa Center, and then you have to send all the paperwork and the National Visa Center since they communicate with the embassy and the embassy.
Speaker 2: Schedules in Italy. So I do a lot of.
Speaker 3: Marriage petitions in Africa, having I've done Nigeria. The really the hardest, the longest is to get the petition to be approved here in the US and force and for really to give credit to the Trump administration and all the administration a marriage petition, especially when the spouse is separate.
Speaker 2: From the from the you know, they are separate, they are like long distances. They try to make it as fast as possible. I think.
Speaker 3: Of all embassies, you know, of course after COVID, I think I recourse.
Speaker 2: I have a case.
Speaker 3: Now I recourse, I have to go check. Actually that's the one that has taken a while. But the other ones they come along, there goes. They don't take long to schedule them for an interview. So maybe they just took their time to file and you know, sometimes the paperwork you have to because it's.
Speaker 1: A lot of It was a specific issue. It was because he was told that it's because they were overloaded in America processing. They were overloaded, that's what he was told. Because it took three years, and.
Speaker 2: I've also gone to have gone to see That's one of the things I tell it before. If your case has been penning for.
Speaker 3: A long time, you can go to your US Congress and it will help you speed it up because if it's.
Speaker 2: It should not take more than a year for the marriage petition.
Speaker 1: Okay, you remember also there was also the court case that they sued, so all that affected him. The court case they do the department to court. But that's just put it out there that the perception is that if you break the law, you get these things faster. But if you feel the process, it gets.
Speaker 2: Talk about that now it's not really.
Speaker 1: Okay, But let's let's let let me ask because I think that's why person. Lots of dames are not speaking, but I don't think you should. You should speak. Guys don't get to see. So someone else is asking this is a question. Let me see if I can still find someone's asking a question. So just to be clear, if I you as going to send an email to Nigerians that said you cannot travel abroad if you are pregnant, is this legal? Can they stop me from have a visa? And I want to go have a baby abroad. They sent an email that I didn't sent an email that you cannot Yeah, she said that the US got center. It was published in the papers that you cannot travel if you are pregnant. Is this legal or are they just doing it in Nigeria? Kindly assist.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if they said an email, but they did put an announcement saying that those people.
Speaker 3: Who are coming to the United States have to give birth and go back.
Speaker 2: They will be.
Speaker 3: They will face of some consequences. For example, if, for example, if someone has a visa and they are visibly pregnant, they come at the border, they may just be saying, no, we are not allowing.
Speaker 2: You to come in, and there's no explanation.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what's what's the what's the offense?
Speaker 3: I mean, because people are trying to come in help give birth to the in the US and they don't pay the bills. So uh here in the US, even if there's no uh like universal health care.
Speaker 2: However, like giving.
Speaker 3: Birth is considered as an emergency in all emergency services, they are provided to anyone because they're not gonna They're not gonna send away a woman in labor because they don't have insurance. So people come to the US and they give birth and the hospitals send them a bill later and the bill doesn't they don't have any address. So that is in the record now goes in the record of immigration, so that when next time you that same person tries to to enter the US.
Speaker 2: They were sure they were shore.
Speaker 3: How to look, the last time we came here, you had it, you were provided. The medical services you owe the hospital is amount of money because if the hospital doesn't get paid, so the government has to pay them, like to.
Speaker 2: Re embarss them.
Speaker 1: Understood. So it's really because of that, because of the folks that had come earlier and didn't pay. That's why they're going this right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It also now this is the whole thing that they don't want anybody to become a citizen because anybody who's born here, who's born on the soil.
Speaker 2: Of the US season and now they want to be meet you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have another question here and why really we're scared of the US embassas for not asking questions. Okay, but question here on DM someone says, I was born in the US. I don't have a passport, all I have is a certificate. What can so? Can I just go to the US embassy and give them the birth certificate? How do I prove the name? How can you product that is him? That's a birth certificate.
Speaker 3: Certificate from So when you are so anybody born in the US, you first of all, there's a at the hospital where you are born, there's somebody who's in charge of the viol statistics. They come and collect the information and your fingerprints and all that stuff, and they send that to the viral records of this county or city where you're born.
Speaker 2: So I mean, if that's.
Speaker 3: Them, if he has a person, they have their certificate issued by the the authority here in the city or county where.
Speaker 2: They were born. They have to they can apply so passport.
Speaker 3: However, though sometimes he's asking there.
Speaker 2: Are there are some more I don't know. You have to look. It depends on when they were born.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me see, let me ask him what Okay, he's asking. So with that birth certificate, if I go to the embassy, can they can they evacuate me from Nigeria?
Speaker 2: Evacuate you from Nigeria.
Speaker 1: That's that's why he's asking. He wants to live he wants to leave Nigeria. He has a birth certification. So he's asking is that enough to say I want to leave go back to America. I don't have money.
Speaker 2: I need a passport to travel abroad. Everybody needs a passport.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you.
Speaker 2: They need the US passport.
Speaker 3: You cannot just bring your Nigerian passport in your certificate.
Speaker 2: You need you need to apply for you.
Speaker 1: I've asked him what year he was born? If you know, just reply what year you were born? Second, let me I.
Speaker 3: Have to check it to check there are some Yeah, that's a case by case. I'm not going to answer them here. You can contact me. There's some some physical this is a requirement, but it may depend on when they were born.
Speaker 1: Not a problem, all right. So this is our question. So and this is also my question. It's a different way they're asking it. Why are people getting deported from the United States. I know it looks very, very like Hollywood, But what's the reason why song can get deported from the States.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good question, all right.
Speaker 3: So, so there are so many.
Speaker 2: People who are here who already have a deportation of order of deportation. Okay.
Speaker 3: So if you if you heard the immigrations are like the guy, the crazy guy, he said, there's one twenty three million people with final orders of deportation or removal. We call them remove another vice deportation. One twenty three million people just because. Okay, So this is the thing. When immigration proceedings, it's a civil There are civil proceedings. It's not like a criminal criminal proceedings.
Speaker 2: Right, So it means if someone is so you were talking about people who come at a.
Speaker 3: Mexico border and getting in the US and they go.
Speaker 2: To court, they are not in detention. They are not detained.
Speaker 3: They are not They cannot detain people anyway, by the way, they cannot detain by law. They cannot detain someone longer than a period of time without any reason. They have to release them out. They can give them, you know.
Speaker 2: Their.
Speaker 3: Enco monitors, but you know most of them they were not given incommnitors. They were not giving anything. So but they go to court. Once you go to court, most of them, really those people I would say right now, almost handy percent they get delied. And the reason why I would tell you in this way is going to make you happy, Calu.
Speaker 2: Because you're not Biding fans.
Speaker 3: So during the Biding administration, right it looked as if they were.
Speaker 2: Allowing people in. They can't keep correct.
Speaker 3: However, in May three, the Buiding administration say in place a rule that stated that if someone like circumvents the pathways like, they don't come. So basically they wanted you to come go at the border, say hey, pits Custom Borders Protection, I am clothing and I need asylum, and then they will give you a.
Speaker 2: It's enough.
Speaker 3: They were even giving them phones with the simple up and then they tell you, okay, now he's a number. Come back on a Tuesday or whatever so that you are processed in. So if most people didn't do that, most people instead they will just go through the fence.
Speaker 2: They would just jumple the first. They will go through you know.
Speaker 3: Illegal ways. Those people who did that after May twenty twenty three, who entered illegally, they were automatically banned from asylum, except except those with children like you know who accompanied by miners, or those who in harms weight like who were.
Speaker 2: Like bleeding, or they were fleeing.
Speaker 3: Like basically the who if you were in a bad condition. But most people, most people, of course, they don't already having because most people who came at the border there were mainly men, like they were literally male, and they didn't have any children or by themselves. So that means even if they go to court today that they are they are blocked by that rule. So they don't win, so hundred percent they are denied asylum. But they go through their PILL process. They you know, have due process. You go through their pill process. It's going to take years. So finally after they find allies the appealing process, they have been have been given the full due process rights, there will be a final order of removal. But they are not detained. They are they are they're here, they are like in the they're they're doing there, they're living their life. So those there's a million three people in that situation. So that's that's what the government is supposed to be looking for, because don't once you have a final order of removal, there's a warrant for your arrest automatically.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's ICE.
Speaker 3: They go to court to get a warrant to arrest you, so they can arrest you any time. So that's what the people, that's what ICE agency agents of they are supposed to arrest but we have seen where they are arresting even as citizens because they are going by you know, oh yeah, if you're brown, must be an immigrant.
Speaker 2: And then they are various people.
Speaker 3: You have seen where they arrested that die from Savador, who did.
Speaker 2: Not have a final order of removal.
Speaker 3: He had a holding of removal for you know, he was not supposed to be removed to Salvador, but they moved they reported him there.
Speaker 2: That was a huge case when others to the U. S Supreme Court, the US Supreme Court told.
Speaker 3: The government, you have to bring him back. Finally they brought him back. He's back here in the US and they are trying to now put him again.
Speaker 2: In the proceedings. So I don't know if he's out. I think he's out on board now.
Speaker 1: I did the charging for a different case for human trafficking. That's where he's at right now they.
Speaker 2: Are trying to do. But I don't know if he's gonna work because that's a criminal case. He did not have a criminal case. He didn't.
Speaker 3: He had some they you know, some domestic ballets, but they were dismissed.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. But the main thing is they deported King when they were not supposed to deport him.
Speaker 3: They deported him to a country that he fled, so they had to bring him back in the US.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's that final order of deportation that those those folks that ICE is going around getting loose, the guys that have that final order to be removed round without Okay, all right, Yeah, they have.
Speaker 3: A final reportation. They warrant for the arrest. They can arrest them anywhere anywhere there if they can identify them. But in the process they do arrest people who are not supposed to be arrested and other people, other people. So when you have a green card, that's why I always tell people as soon as you qualify to apply for your citizenship, we should.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and apply for it to have to have full protection as a US citizen.
Speaker 3: This is because if you have a criminal record, you can was your green crime and you can really bored. Yes, So if you have and if you happen to commit a felony or some crimes against more atrapitude like you know, domestic and you know you know how African people domestic vialleance. Uh, it is very very one of the main so driving another influence in domestic valence, So those are the main and a sexual assault, those are the main.
Speaker 2: Crimes. Most the people I see anyway I have charges, they have.
Speaker 3: So if so, they will give you an example I had. I had a client who was deported because he was he was charged of kidnapping. You know what that kidnapping was his girlfriend. They had a fight, right and then they were I don't know where they were, and then he said, you know the candy parties go. He said, I do want to go in the car. So the fact that she put he put him in the car without his permission, that's kidnapping. Wow, and that carries after twenty years in prison. Of course you know you don't get the full but that's a criminary. That's a perony. If you have a green card, that happens to you. With the add sexual assault dui.
Speaker 2: If you have a US driving an influence like.
Speaker 3: Two of those, you are you are done. So you can't be reported. Even if you were a green card and you being here for ten.
Speaker 2: Years or twenty years, you can be deported.
Speaker 3: So those people also are being deported. If you have asylum, if you are a refugee and you happen to be linked to any any rebel groups or any organizations that the US does not like hamas you could be face.
Speaker 1: Deportation, localm and the rest. Yes, very interesting. I know. I'm going to come back to your clothing on this because there was a police guy in Canada that was denied immigration because it was a member of the Nigerian police. That was it. But let me get let's get doctor doctor has been waiting a bit. Let's get doctor to speaking. I'll come back to you on those specific cases. Doctor doctor Obie. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm doing okay. I'm just listening to my sister. Cloud didn't thank you very much for the work you are doing.
Speaker 4: The whole system is I know a lot of people who are on the panic.
Speaker 2: There are people who.
Speaker 4: Have got married and they have like upcoming appointment where they were supposed to go to the views. And the guy spoke to me yesterday.
Speaker 2: He's married.
Speaker 4: He is from n Ja. He's married to a black American. They live together like it's real. Marriage is not one of those. But he is worried that, you know, going for his interview because he's been high hearing rumors that people go to interview and they get arrested and end up getting departed. I mean, so I just wanted to ask Cloud him how, you know, what what kind of situation is that and what can he do? Because I was thinking, does he need to go with a lawyer, you know, because he's really, really very anxious.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if he can help my sister, Thank you doctor or be So which city is here he's impressive? I don't know what city is impressively. So that's where So right now.
Speaker 3: In general, those who get arrested during the interviews is because the outstanding warrant, like I was saying, and that's why. Yeah, some people may have an outstanding warrant, like they say, you've been here for a long time and maybe and you may not even know if there's a pending case on your army. It happened to one of my clients in the first Trump administration. We went to the marriage interview and they were like, oh, we're gonna arrest your clients.
Speaker 2: I'm like why, And they showed me this warrant.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we were able to fight it. But he was dead arrested in front of me. So that's the way.
Speaker 2: So if you're.
Speaker 3: If he's a manage petition, like there's no army. I've been going to USAYS every week.
Speaker 2: Now I go the week.
Speaker 3: Now there's no there's no there's no only there to arrest people about. Those are the situations where it could happen because they have this this office called FDNS it's fraud detection, I don't know services whatever that it's in the back. And if they have if someone comes in for an interview and there is maybe a warrant for the arrest, maybe in the past.
Speaker 2: They didn't go to court. They didn't and then there were order. Like I said, I was.
Speaker 3: Saying, you could be here, you came here, you miss court and you didn't care. Well, when that happens, there isn't warrant for your arrest. They're not gonna come such for you. But wherever they find you, they will go ahead and arrested because they haven't warrant. So those are the situations that nobody will happen. Like even in the case I am in the in Texas, some of my you know, we share information with my colleagues at the attorneys in situations that were arrested. When where where I'm talking and I'm standing warrant for the person's arrest.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was older.
Speaker 3: Some people move and they don't change address, and then you know you miss court.
Speaker 2: If you miss your court date, you are ordered removed.
Speaker 3: In Ausssia, you can redress the issue and get the person out, but it could happen. But if it's just like, okay, you you know you've never been overstayed your visa or even if you're over stage, you were never in proceedings, you're a regular my inspetition, they should be fine. But it's always good to go with an attorney because the NATO is going to be able to say, okay.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: You know in in in the person I was referring to, I was like, no, you're not.
Speaker 2: Gonna take my plan anyway, even if they they are very intimidating, but hey, you're not gonna be intimidated like.
Speaker 3: No, I'm doing my job. I need you to show me are you are taking my current away? So then they give you a want because they know they have to have you wanted to be able to to to arrest someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so doctor what I heard, I mean, if you have if you have no case, he should be fine. But take a lawyer. Just at that, Mama, you know, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: How many years they have been here the case? You don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's probably been here for about four years if I remember.
Speaker 2: It's just the way people you know, spleasure should have fine.
Speaker 3: If he has no prior issues, no prior cases with immigration that's pending or was not resolved or he was not aware of and then ended up being deportation order, then he should be fine.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean this this what this darker thing right, darker? It's only the folks that cross the border. Is any African darker this deferred action folks? Does it have any Africans and darker?
Speaker 2: According to you know, yeah, it was the Africans and the darker, but proportionately of course, is sure because you have to understand in the US African immigrants.
Speaker 3: Are less than one percent, so sod all the it's during the Obama years, so people who were present.
Speaker 2: In the United States before.
Speaker 3: My question for Africa, if Obama come back, you're going to give him a.
Speaker 1: Chance, Obama chance to do what what did he do for Africa?
Speaker 2: Now he can't come back because he's not going to let him hang.
Speaker 5: See we could hang Obama here, but Obama's gonna snitch on the whole democracy in America.
Speaker 2: If and when he is.
Speaker 5: Going to come back to Kenya, A ka, are you going to.
Speaker 2: Let him bron.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering what he did for Africa in the first place.
Speaker 4: Let me let me answer I think, let me answer her. I think I know where she's coming from.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Kenya either.
Speaker 4: Obama who Kenyan citizenship because Kenya is actually a country that has a constitutional law. Even though his father I was from Kenya, so I believe he will hold the citizenship some countries have.
Speaker 2: I think he would be good. I think he would be good because he learned his lesson over here in the nation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, just moving to the country and run for president. You know, but.
Speaker 5: We can't well if he comes back, because he has two options. Let me tell you what we're gonna do with him. I'm gonna tell you again. Either Obama wanted to lie and say he did not know about.
Speaker 1: The Russian closure, try to take her off.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be Yeah.
Speaker 5: If he says no, I want because Obama already confessed.
Speaker 1: I know about that to go, let's talk about Russian. I think she's a black lady, though they.
Speaker 2: Call them a freedom something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, district district. I'm okay to add you back, but we don't do Russian cusion.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think she's interested in immigration matters. She's more.
Speaker 3: There's a group of people who are just I don't know, anti immigrants, and they have these because you are theorists. So I don't know if you want to entertain those or you just.
Speaker 1: Know what's fine, because I mean, if the focus really in ninety years, like, there was a poson in Ninetieria and they asked a lot of young people their number one goal. This was the number one financial goal, and the number one goal was to leave Nigeria heartbreaking. But that's what the poll said is a very very popular money saving up around that pole. So lots of folks really want to understand is it legal to emigrate? If I want to do this, you know, how is the right way to do it? And I think give us a lot of pointers and a lot it's kind I'm going to ask you just to go back and do those points again. A lot of other dms are basically saying can she go back?
Speaker 3: You know, I am an immigration attorney, but I am one of the people who who advocate for Africans not just to travel to the US without any purpose. You should see people who are being like I told you, those who come across the board, across the border and then you know, jump defenses AE hundred percent, almost ninety nine percent. They get denied right, Yes, they get jobs, but then they have to pay attorney's fees. You know, they even struggling to pay attorney's fees. They most of them maybe Nigerians because you guys speak English, but other people from like French speaking countries or non English speaking countries.
Speaker 2: It's hard to find a job.
Speaker 3: Some of them are working for Amazon, but Amazon now is going you know, AI is taking all the job.
Speaker 1: Amazon will high Amazon will hire you, give you benefits, healthcare, give you pension and everything. That's the one place where I see Amazon has one point two million employees.
Speaker 3: I don't know Amazon now, let me tell you what's happening because I don't speak to my clients, so we don't have a job.
Speaker 2: So they get two days a week or three days a week.
Speaker 3: That means you are part time and some of them they are contractors.
Speaker 2: They don't. They're not. They're not like employees of Amazon.
Speaker 3: They contract Amazon contract with another company to give them jobs, which I mean Amazon is not it's not obliged to give them those benefits, right, So, which, really they are struggling, and they.
Speaker 2: May spend audios years year and then.
Speaker 3: Go back home. I hope they are, you know, saving to go back home to build something back in their respected countries. But if you want to, if you are, if you really, if you have money, because they spend money, some of them spend a lot of money. They spend if you are saying they spend twenty thousand dollars to do what they need to do to get to the US.
Speaker 2: And okay, if you have twenty.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars in Nigeria, can't you find something to do? Or if you can find in Nigeria, can you go to Ghana? If you can, can you go to Guanda?
Speaker 2: To Kenya? Can you go to Gurudi? You know? Like two.
Speaker 3: I think it's more of a sometimes the mindset, because yes, the grass is green in the west, it's got there, but the coasts and the struggle if if you don't have, like you know that their pathways to come and we talked about student visas.
Speaker 2: We talked about all.
Speaker 3: Those like who who immigrate because of.
Speaker 2: Their skills of family.
Speaker 3: But if you just adventure to cross so many countries to arrive in the US, it's a it's a really high risk and people need to know those risks before they make a decision.
Speaker 1: I mean the key I know Nijin that went to Nigeria and in Cuba, got on a boat in Cuba, was trying to get to Florida. The boat cap size. He swam, true story, swam to the each in Miami, going to the beach in Miami. And that's like going to the United States. So people take a lot of risks. These are folks that walk through the from Brazil. They walk walk through Mexico, then join the trains and then get told the way to the border and join. It's a lot of you know effort Nigeria across the Sahara because the Sahara get to Libya and all that tried to get to Europe. It's a lot. So if just knowing that, I'm.
Speaker 2: Do they have information or they cam no.
Speaker 1: You see what happens is when you say grass is greener on fortune.
Speaker 2: Because they pay so much money to ded.
Speaker 1: Not not really. I mean when you pay the money, you are the guys that are quote unquote middle class immigrants, the folks that live in Nigeria. My barber a long time ago, a long long time ago, he did the Sahara thing. He got to Europe. He was deported. So they don't have money. If you have maybe back then maybe fifty thousand ira. It's just to get your way to the I know they're not of the border. You get to Nitia, it's money for bribes. You just bribe your way to the checkpoints. Then you get to in Libya. That's when it starts to be there, because it's hiding until you get to the coast. When you get to the coast and you have to wait, then there's going to the water and try to get the ideas. Once you're in the Mediterranean, they have ships from the EU that pick them up on humanitarian grass and take them into the port of Italy, Malta or it's hard Enow but that would used to be the point. They will take them in.
Speaker 2: But you're not kind of right.
Speaker 4: I can tell you that even at today, even that dangerous desert Sahara, Libya around you are looking at and you're looking at six eight ten thousand dollars in the minimum.
Speaker 1: Paid to who did this? Guys don't have six thousand dollars. Well they don't have.
Speaker 2: They don't I'm telling you to them. Yeah, it's a lot of money. By the time you get to Libya.
Speaker 4: I don't know how much it's going to cost, like for them to do or they don't get to Libya for you to get on those key boards. You know, there's a lot of brides that you will pay, and there's a lot of agents that you pay if you need at least five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't even think it's going to be enough.
Speaker 1: I think what what I've heard is that when you get to Libya, some work, some do some other stuff, and then some get the money sent over to them. That's today, send the money over to them and then they pay and then Libat is a market where you can there's this market where you can get money if you want to like money transferred, you know, okay, you want so that you.
Speaker 4: Will probably give some money back home and some of them, some of them, especially the women, get.
Speaker 1: So it's it's just it's a mess and they're not the thing really. But when you say the grass is greener, unfortunately, the grass, the grass, the grass is greener. Oh my god, the grass. You know, there's the thing about that pays me so much about all this. You know, I where I used to work for a nonprofit, when I used to work like pro bono, and we used to go and help people in You see people like come from Eritrea, from Nigeria, from and they are there and you're asking them their story. You can repeat their story on air, and you know they're they're here. Like I told lead that applied for the bests. I know, they still gave her a house, They still give her giving her money to upkeep. She's in school, stated Spain. For her in school. She would never get that back home. Her husband came to the States to try to take her away, and the police on him. You cannot even come near, you know, So it's no just the process, you know.
Speaker 2: What kind of I can't tell you right, I.
Speaker 4: Can say that the grass is not as clean as people make it.
Speaker 2: The reason why is this? Right? When people try those.
Speaker 4: Things and get to whatever destinations in Europe or even in the US, the kind of job they do, the kind of howshole they do, the kind of efforts they put in. If they were willing to put in that kind of effort back home, they are still going to be you know, get some level of success.
Speaker 2: That's that's what I see.
Speaker 1: I meaning is from Ruwanda, right, And that's very very progressive that they just throw off turned the corner moving. You know, I can give you stories want this space.
Speaker 4: Because because Carlo, if somebody had five thousand dollars, which I had today, it's like seven point five million. A lot of people who decide they want to move whichever out that's about. That's about at least what you need to be looking at. But I know that if somebody has five thousand dollars and they are thinking right, they are in the right frame of mind in any part of Africa, whether in Nigera or one that's ath Africa or whatever, and.
Speaker 2: You are willing to put in the kind of the kind of hot.
Speaker 4: So because when they come over here or they go to Europe, they do all kinds of job that they will never do at home.
Speaker 2: They will never do back.
Speaker 1: What about the guys that take that money get a shop, the shop is demolished or take that money custom seized. You know, now, do you guys say you are you? Are you happen or you are.
Speaker 2: Sick traveling and and died?
Speaker 1: Yes, guy, a guy is doing very very well. He falls sick, he has just one sickness. One sickness kills him like Malaya.
Speaker 4: And also and also you know that those people who travel, right, the people who make it, especially like in the last ten years or in the last five years.
Speaker 2: You know, like back in the days.
Speaker 4: People go to Germany and two years they are back with money and all those things don't work like that, nor no more go travel. Maybe less than ten percent of them. Actually, you know, I wasn't in Italy a couple of years ago, and I was like in the hoods and you know, I movie. I was in Italy, I was friends, I was in Amsterdam, and I saw a lot of our people who are never ever going to be able to come back or except that they are deported. So the thing is is right, this sourcide story of people travel and they make it right now, I feel that it's less than ten percent that actually make it. When those ten percent come back home, everybody thinks, oh, I'm I might go and people sell their shop, people close their shop, and like I know, somebody who lives in a tribd room apartments.
Speaker 2: In Legos, has has a car, has.
Speaker 4: A shop, taken care of his you know, of himself and his siblings, you know, just doing pretty okay, right, But he has to sell those things to do this dangerous travel. And he gets there and he gets stopped, and probably the next five ten years he's not he's not going to be able to get some legal papersfors that well allow him to get him So what I'm saying in essence is that.
Speaker 2: The glass, the glass is not always as greener.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The thing is that when you get there, like you are stop, you're again the world. So you've got to put every effort. You're going to do all menion, You're going to do everything necessary to succeed. But back home, if the person is back home and you advise them, okay, For for instance, I got.
Speaker 2: To know about this rabbit family.
Speaker 4: You know how you and I how we used to talk about farming and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So somebody somebody was.
Speaker 4: Discussing about about rabbit farming and stuff like that, you know, and how it's better than both three.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The person gave analysis of how it works, how much it can it can invest, and how much victoric can get.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, there are these people that are discovered.
Speaker 4: Me, asking for money, asking for this, asking for that. So let me run this idea with them and see if anyone is interested. So I run the idea with two people. One of them felt so insulted right that I'm moving discussing about him, him and his wife, you know, getting into rabbit family. He felt that he felt that that's an insult. But the other person was interested.
Speaker 2: In the idea. So I found it.
Speaker 4: I founded it, and this is like about three months, it says, a little over three months now. And it looks from the report from what I'm saying, it looks like it's going to be a very good venture if it keeps to what is doing now.
Speaker 2: So what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying is says is that people back home will come up with especially people who are like almost in the middle class, they will sell everything they have.
Speaker 2: To migrate, and they end up in a very terrible situation.
Speaker 4: If one hundred people does it, maybe especially in these days, maybe like ten or fifteen will actually become that success in next to three, four or five years. But those ones who are suffering, you're locally hear from them. You're going to see them on Twitter, You're going to see them on social media.
Speaker 2: I can see just going to be suffering.
Speaker 1: I hear you. I can see it. Let me get two guys to ask a question. I want to come back to you with documentation, right that we needed not to do this, but let me get I get I've got a bull a bust shown in Manuel? Is that? Did I get a name? Right? Manuel?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Same? Yes? You do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hi, how are you doing? You're gonna be very fine. You've got a question for clothing. We're talking immigration process papers part ways. What's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right, so I have my.
Speaker 7: I just want to give your background to my Christian Actually, I think what whatever what doctor be saying make a lot of sense because I spent the same thing in Rwanda where people have retired from a bank and then it moved to Rwanda, and it was amazing that in two years, in less or in less than two years, you have spent twenty million ere just trying to settle down there and life. Life for him is quite tough and I act in Christian Why can't you just go back to Nigeria And he said to go back to God, saying what the whole lot is happening to people over there? Now here's my Christian when it comes to investment in Nigia, especially for agriculture, because when you're talking about rabbit, I play, I'm doing a whole lot in agriculture in Nigeria. Sometimes investors are quite greedy and it comes to invest in agriculture in the Nigeria.
Speaker 2: As at last.
Speaker 7: Year, the the reason of investment was quite good. When that September we bought oil for Touch five thousand era. We're selling at seventy thousand hour during December. Now the same oil is at for twe thousand sometimes somewhere in some places is fifty five thousand ERA and all of that then we made We did Mate one hundred and fifty thousand and one undred and one oh five and the same MA is currently is now forty five thousand Touch five thousand era. So sometimes it's dicey, you know, the ecosystem is quite dicey. Can we can we look at how do we how do we communicate investment properly to.
Speaker 2: People in the aspora.
Speaker 1: I think you have a valid question, just wondering if it's on topic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, because one of the reasons why many many actually traveling abroad is to is to make it, don't make it.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: I didn't touch him, he dropped off. I didn't touch him. Uh, muster mind. Hey, guys, let's just if you can keep on topic. I would love that, master mind. You're here, muster mind. I mean, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing.
Speaker 1: It's funnier so.
Speaker 2: Reading to you and your your guests here vos.
Speaker 6: I do have a question about immigration, but I would first like to say that, you know, for somebody to take the risk to try to.
Speaker 2: Make it to another country, especially.
Speaker 6: Like through the desert and over seas and that kind of thing, obviously they feel as though their situation is dire enough to take that kind of risk. And whether I think that it makes sense or not, I don't know the psychology, and I don't know what they're going through.
Speaker 2: I don't know their dreams and desires.
Speaker 6: So I think for me it would be a little distingenuous to say, hey, it's not worth the risk whatever.
Speaker 2: But I think that we probably need to give a little bit more.
Speaker 6: Empathy to people who feel as though they need to risk so much just to make it somewhere. I really do have empathy and sympathy for those people who have to go.
Speaker 2: Through all of that.
Speaker 6: So my question on immigration was, can you talk about the entrepreneur visa, you know, or making it to the US through entrepreneurship or through business ownership. I know it's pretty the requirements are pretty hefty, but I just wanted to know if you guys could talk about that part.
Speaker 2: You know, wherever you're coming from.
Speaker 6: It could be coming from Nigeria, but coming over through business ownership.
Speaker 1: When they talk around the eight hundred thousand dollars, one is that the EB five fee sides that what you're talking about clothing have gone through that is that what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's eight hundred thousand, but I know that there's there's one that does there There there are requirements and maybe there's a hundred thousand. I don't know, but I know that there is a way to get over, but it is I think the money required is a bit significant.
Speaker 1: Clothing, there's a way to do, gotcha. But apart from the EB five. Is there any other like business investments? You know you talked about there is a first of.
Speaker 2: All master mind. We are very empathic.
Speaker 3: I'm an actual advocate for immigrants. I'm just saying here because this space is for African people and to give realistic expectations and maybe kind of upset well.
Speaker 2: Like what were you expecting?
Speaker 3: Because when you have people when I asked same questions, Okay, so what was your expectation? What were you told? And they will told so many things that are not realistic. So that's why we mentioned, you know, maybe is any other way they can.
Speaker 2: Use because they do pay a lot of money to cost all the way to the UN or Europe that they maybe.
Speaker 3: Could pay to do something else. So in terms of entrepreneurship, there's this so I talked about the national interest weather U talked talked about the EB five, And there's also this entrepreneur.
Speaker 2: Parole, which is it's a new thing.
Speaker 3: It's a new it's not a visa, it's a parole basically if you it's also gett to like second Valley type of like they your capital type of business or entrepreneurship. Basically, if you you you don't have any other visas, especially for international students, and then you cannot obtain a he B or any other world visa. But then you're have a business interested in your interested in your endeavor, they can they can esposor you for that parrole. So it's it's it's not a visa, it's a status and it gives you thirty months and it's.
Speaker 2: Renewable one time.
Speaker 3: However, it can lead to permanent residency if you can improve national interest through entrepreneurship, or if you can increase the amount to eight hundred thousand or one million of one million fifty thousand to get ABY five.
Speaker 2: It was initially improvement or put invested.
Speaker 3: By Obama, then they do who was talking about Obama? And then they Trump administration. The first time they stopped, they blocked it. When Biden took office, he revived it. Right now it has not been touched maybe because you know, like I said, second baldying type of investors are having their benefiting from that. So but for regular people who don't have any investors or who are not into into innovative type of businesses, they are not they are limited to achieve that parallel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so can you apply for that in Nigeria or you have to be in the state to apply for that status.
Speaker 2: You can apply anywhere where.
Speaker 1: Really, what's the what's it called? What's it? What's it just?
Speaker 2: It's called International International Parle.
Speaker 1: Let me see, okay, mastermind, is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That one. I think there's another. E two tree.
Speaker 3: Visa is mainly for European countries and some African countries. Surprising, Cameroon is one of the two invest country Nigeria.
Speaker 1: It's not there, Clouding, I not there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if South Africa. I don't think South Africa.
Speaker 1: Ron is there?
Speaker 2: When not there, I think it's Cameroon. It is Congo, brother vi which now is bound.
Speaker 1: How is Nigeria?
Speaker 2: They actually put out African countries into visa.
Speaker 8: I can put put up the list so much informed that we didn't talk about that because I'm going at visa.
Speaker 1: It's an ATO visa, visa visa YouTube visa is a non immigrant visa that allows citizens of certain countries which the US maintains a treaty of Commerce and navigation In the countries.
Speaker 3: There's Cameroon, Congo, broser Congo, d r C, Liberia, Morocco, Egypt, if your segal to go and Tuleisia right now, Congo is fully banned from any visas to enter the US. Togo is banned, so these other countries.
Speaker 2: Can be able to.
Speaker 1: But Magia was never in this list. Never band to go and Gongo over stays, I think that's what I read the word over stays, that's what they wrote.
Speaker 2: And they like but overstates how many? How many citizens of the band? Those are very small.
Speaker 3: Food travel band national from Chad, Republic of Congo, is Blaza v Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Libya, Somalia, Sudan are currently banned from entering the US on both immigrants and olden visas. That also means the even petition for your spouse to come. The only exception is for refugees and assieties. Yeah, and then you have Otabo is partially banned alone too, like for business as visas they can come on into but yes, so it too is available for it is an old STALLUS.
Speaker 2: You can invest. It doesn't really.
Speaker 3: Give you a like how the ceiling or the threshold. It's it's investment, so it depends on the business.
Speaker 1: The language says there's no set minimum, but the investments should be substantial enough to show commitments. So, I mean it's a great pisa and we don't have it in Nigeria. I mean someone should copy someone or missed off. Yeah, if Camero has it, why don't we.
Speaker 3: Have it Egypt, Morocco people, Congo press. So I've never seen people using it.
Speaker 1: Someone should taggert the care please. Okay, thanks master mind that you. I think we've gotten it too. We've gotten the intentional parole and what's at the EB five that's from your question, So I think that's we did good. Dare right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the question has been answered.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, appreciate you're welcome and let's get Ramsey. Ramsey, how you doing Hella sha and.
Speaker 2: A great thank you for giving the opportunity. So I know you're speaking.
Speaker 9: About the pathway of immigration processes to probably going out right, but I'm looking at it. Could they also be a part way for you know, maybe returning to African countries to do the same things that we can also bring investment, for instance, even to visit Nigeria.
Speaker 10: The requirement is that you have to know someone in Nigeria that rights and give.
Speaker 9: A passport page of his own power or our own passport.
Speaker 10: That a page to invite you to come. But let's assume that I have money.
Speaker 2: I wanted to.
Speaker 10: Visit Nigeria just to take a look at Nigeria.
Speaker 9: Maybe not to invest yet, but just to take a look. And why do I need to know someone in Nigeria. I have money, so I think we can also look at that part.
Speaker 2: You can. Yeah, I would be.
Speaker 9: Coming there, but I myself a Nagera citizen, so I hold a different passport.
Speaker 10: But to visit Nigeria was required someone, right.
Speaker 1: I have friends in the States, and the lady sent me a page from Ghana. And in Ghana they have what you're talking about where if you want to come back to Ghana and get an African name and buy a house. In Ghana they have this editing built to American standard with the plugs and everything. In Ghana you can do that. Yeah. In Bennett they have if you want to go on city where the slaves went out of the ceremony, they have all that stuff. In Senegal they have a tour.
Speaker 2: Visit wander yeah, and also do business.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Rwanda is a sing Singapore of Africa. Have I started already? Okay, good job it's easy.
Speaker 2: They have they are very busy. Just need to do a hashtag vis Wanda and everything is online. Actually, so a thought.
Speaker 3: Right when I was doing my master's in international law, one of the courses we had was international research.
Speaker 2: Something and we had a project.
Speaker 3: So what I did is to because I was an international students, you know, no international students, but I.
Speaker 2: Was from abroad, so there was you know, it's to get good points for you to get an a. Maybe you should do a research to have like a a.
Speaker 3: Like outline of how to people can visit your country to do investments, the laws and everything.
Speaker 2: So I did all of that and that in a oh h and that was before they visited Wanda, you know.
Speaker 1: But as I said, this is a very great point though that we are talking about going out, but we make it very very hard. I mean, this is why why the US give Najera just the three three months single ensues because it said reciprocal. To come to Nigeria from America is very difficult. Bill Gates at the time you have to go get a visa to come to Nigeria. I don't know why is making it so difficult, Like Ramsey is saying, if you want to come to the country to visit that we should actually be saying the land and get visit visa on arrival. I don't know why it's so difficult. What are we what are we dragging with them to say they give us six months? To give them six months? We are the ones looking for the FDI, you know, So, Ramsey, I think it is a great point you're making that we've got to make the country not just to say we want investments, but even at the airport and the PaperWorks get to the airport. It should be easier. Why should Nigeria go get a visa if you're like, if you're in Nigerian with an American passport, you have to go get a visa to come to Nigeria. Why you know, why why can't you come and say my father is Why does it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: It's great point though, we have to make it easier because you're bringing money back to invest in the country and that should be the number one thing, you know, and you're bringing folks back, so excellent. Thanks for that. I was gonna come back. Ramsey. Are you your okay? You got your question? You're good?
Speaker 2: Yeah. The last part that you say it's not just doing.
Speaker 9: It's just required that in Nigelia, someone who is an Aguran that has international.
Speaker 10: Passport has to write invite me. Why do someone invite me? Can I just pick interested in Angelia and go to Nigeria, wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Know anyone in Nigeria. Yeah, I have to go to Nigeria, you know that.
Speaker 9: I think that requirement should be removed because there are a lot of people who may have money and want to visit Nigeria, but they may not know people in Nigeria to write and invite them and be willing.
Speaker 2: To give them the paper their passport.
Speaker 1: Except yeah, anyway the world you go to you can. I went to Kenya. You just walk in. You get a B sign you're walking. I haven't been to Ruanda. Maybe I'll come, but you know, I'm not sure to ask what that's a.
Speaker 2: Page and there's loves are required for Africa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know why.
Speaker 4: I've started over in Gali. Before I was en route to back to the US from Nigeria. I stopped with ving Jali and I had a US passport. I didn't have my Nageram passport and they told me it would have been easier if I had an Anjeriam.
Speaker 2: Passport to go into into that.
Speaker 4: I thought my US passport would make everything easy for me, but I actually they said if I hadn't a Dream passport.
Speaker 3: It would I don't have to pay When you have a US US passport, you have to pay something.
Speaker 4: Something happened to me in Togo when I wanted to go go and they told me I didn't have a co worst passport. You know, I had a US passport. I was supposed to go get a visa. But if I had an an JAM passport that I would not have needed that.
Speaker 1: So my Dream passport is part needed when you're flying from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because me, I traveled with US passport. I got to n Jail with a visit.
Speaker 4: I know, you know because me, I know, but I last time I landed that I probably need to have my Nageram passport along with me.
Speaker 1: Good good point.
Speaker 9: You can quickly applied for a coast travel document in any of the West African countries to be able to travel around with the US passport.
Speaker 1: Okay, good pointing To come back to you on this issue of immigration and paper papers and password. Most of the guys in South America, they have these documents that they give to their citizens when they're in the United States, and those documents are accepted by banks. For instance, they have what they call the Councilar card that Mexicans give to their citizens. They get it, I think in the US and the banks in America accept that document to open an account. I think Gatemala has the DUI card is in nationality card. There's a border crossing card. Why don't Africans really have this because in the way, when you come into the country, you don't have a passport, you don't have anything. It gives you ID verifiable with your picture and all that. Then you can then go and then you start that process of getting paperwork in the state. Do you I do have any experience Do you notice what I'm talking about in this paperwork that I'm talking about, the card, Yeah, the councilor card from Mexico that they give to them and they're able to use it to then do processes inside America. I mean, I don't think any African country has anything like that that we issue, apart from a visa which is not issued by US.
Speaker 2: I think some countries have construct card. I think.
Speaker 3: Again, Wanda has a construct card called Divoir has a construct card, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: If it's a picture, it gives a picture, it's a picture.
Speaker 3: I D.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is almost like like a per so like if you want to use services from the embassy, you.
Speaker 2: Have to have a consul card.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. And the US banks accepted.
Speaker 3: So the US banks accept there are some banks that do not accept any foreign ye, but Bank of America, if you have an ID, you have a passport.
Speaker 1: Account, yeah, if you got now, if you have a passport and the visa, those are two forms of ID they like they would accept, they would accept. No, if you have a visa, you.
Speaker 2: Have to shop around the banks like the big banks. Maybe not like like some some of the big banks and the Bank of America, I know it's not the if you have a passport, I know for I have of course, how you got here about.
Speaker 1: A visa, I know for a fact that if you go to Wells, Wells FAG or if you.
Speaker 2: Have I don't think of America is no.
Speaker 1: But I'm trying. I'm trying that they will open account for you with if you if you're working with your passport, your foreign passport and you have a local I D. So you have a Nigerian passport and have a driver's license from the US to open account for you.
Speaker 2: Even if you have a visa in your passport, they open.
Speaker 3: Two of the Like students when they come here, they don't have yet an ID, they have their passport and they have their visa, so they open accounts.
Speaker 2: But like you said, it's not like all the banks. Yep, you have to really know which bank accepts.
Speaker 1: Okay, And again most of the the d ms, I'm getting there to do it, spouse, if I if I'm pregnant, to do it, students, visas. We've covered the to do with the business visas with quite a lot of that. I'm looking for any new one. Really haven't covered if I'm in this So yeah, CLO. If I'm in America and I do not have paperwork, I'm in America, what can I do today? He came in, the visa has expired, his visa has experis over out stadi is visa, so now he has no he has no he's over states visa. What is the legal thing to do at this small moments?
Speaker 2: That's that then most might be nothing legal to do.
Speaker 10: You know, are you dating someone who is willing to marry you.
Speaker 2: That is only without you can say that.
Speaker 1: So Ramsey is saying, I'm replying to the gentleman that's asking. So his the answer came back. If you are dating someone that is willing to marry you, then you can apply for the spousal but you have to.
Speaker 2: Be aware of marriage fraud.
Speaker 11: Marriage very is very just fairly lovely real. Yeah, because what you are that looks for beautiful ones?
Speaker 1: Doctor, ob doctor you don't joke about this thing. I beg, I beg because it's a serious question. Doctor there actually asking that the guy has come.
Speaker 2: There is a big deal.
Speaker 3: It's it's so once you are found to be you are, there's a bar or to a tour for cea bar and it is nothing. There's no even if you after that you marry somebody for good reasons and get a job, you cannot immigrate in the United States. Wow, maybe the only way you can have. Basically, it burns you from any almost any other than human Italian other than asylum.
Speaker 1: So if you do marriage fraud, you cannot apply for any other sort of perfectly humanitarian ones and all that.
Speaker 3: And yeah, if it's determined that you know, like they determine that you can challenge that, but once it's determined, there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 1: It's son just needs about so like hm, hm, tough one, tough, tough, tough one. So I mean the guy can go and get he can't join the US Army. That's what he's asking join the US AD.
Speaker 2: So to join the USAMY you have to have a green card.
Speaker 3: So they before they used to say okay, you can now joined the army and then be a pathway to your citizenship. And now they are requiring you to have a green card even ascieties.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're allowed to have.
Speaker 9: So as sil technically pemnent wrestler where they are approved to stay.
Speaker 2: So you can't join.
Speaker 10: But that to this gentleman, whether it's not a man or woman.
Speaker 2: You know, the only top for a green card within a year over your asylum or refugids. You're not technically you know, you have to apply for it, have a green card.
Speaker 6: Or not.
Speaker 1: So this guy. The only for this guy to Lielo for three years. His only option is to Lilo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he has the.
Speaker 10: Option that I mentioned.
Speaker 9: If he's dating someone seriously and they love themselves, they can just god marriage.
Speaker 10: And I think that's the only.
Speaker 1: Very interesting Okay you've heard, mister, mister chief, you've heard. So, yeah, that's the best advice I've got. Let me found that good D m out here. So I am a student, it's good. I'm a student. I've done my master's. I like to go get my p Yeah, we've covered that. Clinton has said if you are, yeah, I said, it's.
Speaker 2: Schedule consultation with me to see options.
Speaker 1: Oh is there anything I needs to know about? Is any is your antenna going, speers going BEPEP? Is your Is anything he's doing wrong? He says his masters likes to go to pH D. You think she has to go see a lawyer?
Speaker 2: No, to know the past?
Speaker 1: Oh I see. Okay, all right, mister mister good candidate.
Speaker 3: Maybe they may be a good calidar for either national interest whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, even EB one, which is Extra.
Speaker 2: Ability team they.
Speaker 1: Called the OKA. Yeah. So she's not saying you're in trouble. She's saying you might basically your option to review options for you because you might have other parties apart from just what you're consumer. What you're saying, just to clarify that, Yeah, so you're not You're not in trouble questions of the path is yeah, just DM her. Yeah, I don't want to call you, just like they they So.
Speaker 2: Once you go on my profile, there's a way to contact me.
Speaker 1: Sorry she has had They can.
Speaker 2: Say, oh, I was in the space with the ALU and then that.
Speaker 1: We know, gotcha, gotcha? Perfect? That works. Muster mind your handles up a bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just trying to bash your guests about opening a business. You know, as a foreigner in the US. So if you come over to the US, you can obtain an I, T I N the individual or is IT X number yep, your man tax number will allow you to do things like start an LLC and get a bank account. Those things are easy to get. I think the only thing with the bank account is that you have to have like some form of ID. But other than that you can start to help. You know, this doesn't help you with your visa, meaning you can stay if you're not supposed to be here. But I have known people that are able to get certain jobs, you know, ten ninety nine jobs.
Speaker 2: With with the IT I and number as opposed to a Social Security number. But I just wanted to ask your guests about that.
Speaker 6: I mean, like I said, it doesn't have anything to do with your your immigrates and status per se.
Speaker 1: But I think I think it's a great question Tyson. Yeah, cluty, So he's basically balk about the it in. You know, you don't have a say, so everybody can.
Speaker 3: Get it TIAR number. Uh got tier number of taxi education number because you know, the government was their taxes.
Speaker 2: They don't care anyway, however, and that's how a lot of people do to self event immigration. However, now you know you are, you are engaging in a lawful employment. Some people ain't gotta do what they've gotta do.
Speaker 3: However, with this administration, now, before the Social Security was not supposed to disclose information.
Speaker 2: So one of the executive actions that was.
Speaker 3: Like that was put in place was to allow the Social Securities Service Office to disclose people with TI number who don't have any paperwork. Now they can so, and it's been going in the court processes. I haven't checked, but I know for sure they gave the injunction.
Speaker 2: So some of the.
Speaker 3: The advocates for immigrants find injunction to enjoy the government from accessing the Social Security or not necessarily the IRIS the RAS information. However, even in the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: Allowed do not enjoying, meaning now the.
Speaker 3: DHS, the develoment of homeless Security is able up to access iris information from undocumented.
Speaker 2: Individuals, even though we don't know what the final ruling is going to be. So yes, people do that because they have to find a way to survive. But they are breached of immigration law.
Speaker 3: And if now with the information is given, they may be able to the interests may pursue them and put them in the vocal seeds.
Speaker 2: And yeah.
Speaker 1: But but but on the I'm not a lawyer, right, I'm not a lawyer. But on the personal note, I'd rather have it. I'd rather have the business with the item, and I can argue in code that I'm doing business in America.
Speaker 2: The thing. Yes, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: People there are They were like, okay, you know, if you pay into the system and you pay taxes, you may be given the amnesty or then the pathway into seasonship and they'll probability to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and the administration has changed exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: So I mean, so back to that person, mastermind back together. I asked the question before maybe the only thing he could do is to go set up a business use an iteing to rest an LLC.
Speaker 2: But attorney, I cannot advise anybody.
Speaker 1: To do that, to do that because okay, yeah you can.
Speaker 2: You know, it's.
Speaker 6: Interesting because Canadians do it all the time in the US. So you know when you go on to Florida and see all those people with houses and stuff, EMPLOYDA, they do something they do they go through a similar product.
Speaker 2: You can have an NC. So the NC means it's a company. So as you have a company, as long as.
Speaker 3: You do not work like actually work for NC, you can invest anywhere in the world. But the thing is if you are actively working without authorization, not just your company.
Speaker 2: Could you have a company and set.
Speaker 3: Up the ways to give your dividends in your Canada whatever you are, but not work for the company, like not do productive work without authorization.
Speaker 2: Like so you can, you can, you can work.
Speaker 6: You can work, but it has to be ten ninety nine. So if you're if you're an LLC, what I understand.
Speaker 10: No, still you don't have a work permit.
Speaker 2: You don't have a work permany So if you go so yeah you can, I unst it will.
Speaker 3: Take your money because they want their money. But for employment purposes. If if you're a safe Canadian you come here as a visitor, you are already breaching you you are actually.
Speaker 2: You are. You are not in a compliance with your visitor status because as a visitor you are not supposed to work. So if you get ten eighty nine, then it's going to be.
Speaker 3: A problem. However, you might need to get an accountant to see how they can because there are some like dividends you don't you cannot cash out your dividends. Like basically if you can have a company and the company does well, but there are other ways to to retrieve your dividends other than working from the United States, there you can do that.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. I think it meant get advices, just get advised. Go see everyone is different, So don't sit down with a lawyer like Claudine and accounting and they'll say this is what I want to do. Give get advice. That's what I would say, because if you get it wrong, the consequences are really going to be major. Our See, guys, we'll spend nearly two hours clouding, promise give me two hours. So we're rounding down. I think we'll take one or two and then we'll sort of like call it a day. Thank you so much, Conning for being here. R S R S a company that last time I think you're Polish. Go ahead, Rcie, you've got the floor or he's dropped off. Okay, Perfect Clouding has been I would say it's been wonderful just having you here just to explain these things that look a bit complicated. Thank you for doing that. That's a glass guy here. Let me just see this tweet real quick, Clouding, give me a second, Just give me a second to read this. Okay, perfect I will this is too long for me to read. We'll spend two hours speaking with you closing, and I've just learned. Really so just as that was the whole idea to bring an expert in here, lots of things we here secondhand might not be true. So we brought you in here to just talk to us about these immigration issues, to tie it also into finance. Now, not about EB five, I've not about the E two, not about the international period. It's very very important for the business folks out here that want to talk diversify. They don't need to get a second passport, but they want also dive as a FI. And it comes to the second passport. Hey, let's do that. So I thank you so much for spending two hours with us here, not just tonight you have but also on the African content to talk about this. You're a great advocate for this and I'm really happy that you're to spend time with us.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much. It's a pleasure. Thank you for having me and what we discussed has been helpful to many. And you can call me back another time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you. We will if we will. I'm sure folks that are a bit shy all the DMC of sending to me. I'm not a lawyer, actually.
Speaker 2: Think I work for the government.
Speaker 1: No, I just think that people are bit I mean, if I don't want it, I'm not sure why we would, why we will be worried. So I saw that I was very very interesting. I don't want to talk because they're going to apply for a visa. They don't want to look as if they are. I don't know what doesn't make any sense to me asking information. It's a very open space. This is not what they're looking for. They're looking for social media comments that are against the fundamentals ideas of the US government. This is not This is just an information on space. We want to get information about the processes the right way.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 1: So I'm not sure why you'll be worried about talking or putting your face out there. I don't think that the US.
Speaker 2: There are some questions in the in the comments, so did you with them? As one of the.
Speaker 3: Circumstances that caused one asylum application to be sent in mil job without.
Speaker 2: Has been interviewed by elimolation.
Speaker 1: Officer, you should take that place.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I don't think I've seen this one. They schedule, they schedule.
Speaker 3: So once there are different types of asylum. There's there's what's called affirmative asylum. That I mean somebody came here with a visa and then they decide to apply for asylum.
Speaker 2: That's affirmative. It goes to the US Asylum Office.
Speaker 3: You know, we have different asylum offices around the country, and they who were scheduling for an interview with an asylum officer a cerlum officer really sometimes tax two, three, four hours.
Speaker 2: There's one I went towards six hours.
Speaker 3: And if you if they asylum officer office, the director does not grant your asylum, you are not denied. You are referred to an immigration judge. So the other type of asylum is that you know those people were talking about who come through the border like they you know, they just come in out of the border, and it's called defensive asylum because you are putting removal proceedings and then they say, okay, why are you crossing the border without inspection And then you take to the office to the sippy officer that you are seeking asylum because you fear persecution, are fleeing persecution in your country. You are placed in removal proceedings and then you fire. Asylum is a defensive defense against your deportation. Those go to quote immigration judge.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard any assylum cases being referred to court without an interview. You have, you know so far, but right now there is one. There's a new there's a new rule now which allows judges don't. Once you fire a case with a judge and you don't provide all the information on your phone, there's a form that you have to figure out I fably nine and you do not disclose enough information, the judge now has the discretion of fraetermitting like basically saying that you abandoned your case because you do not provide any information.
Speaker 2: Right, So most people when.
Speaker 3: They're applying for asylum, they just put yes, and then where they ask for explanation they leave that blank.
Speaker 2: So if you do that, now the.
Speaker 3: Judge can just say, okay, your case is incomplete abandoned deny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but aside of office, I haven't seen that happened. They don't have that instructure. So the judges immigration judges are under the Department of Justice. Uh, you know, uh, and the Attorney General can say okay. According to this new legal precedent, now judges have they can just pretermit some cases without hearing them.
Speaker 2: Because they are incomplete. However, it has not.
Speaker 3: Been set by the DHS the development of Homeland Security that deals with their asylum affirmative assignum cases.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that happen.
Speaker 3: But to be safe, when you complete your assigum application, you know, of course you should seek the attorney's advice.
Speaker 2: But if if you don't, don't do that, you need to make sure you complete the form or is it.
Speaker 3: Ten pages all the questions you asked, also all the questions asked in the.
Speaker 2: Form, so that it's not abandoned. THEMS abandoned.
Speaker 1: That's very interesting. I didn't know about that. That's an inside base.
Speaker 2: It's a new it's a new casebi able of the Vision appeals. It's a matter of car. It was ruled in May this year, and now the judges.
Speaker 3: Are using it to just say, ok you cases in complete are and then you have to appear.
Speaker 1: So I mean if you have to just work with a lawyer, that's what I hear. Now you just can't sit down and do it at home on your table on a Sunday. Basically, go see to the professional and say I want to file this on Google court. Am I doing the right way? Don't leave any chances, don't leave any strings that can be pulled. That's really what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: So those who have cases before a judge, you know, the judge advises you to go seek legal cas so, so they give you a chance. They continue, they say, okay, we're going to give you another date so you can come back with an attorney. Because when you are before an immigration judge, you are against an attorney because the government saying the attorney, the DCHSE attorney is an attorney. So if you are not represented by an attorney, you you don't have any senses. They give you a chance to go find a judge. The judge has to inform you that you have the right for an attorney. Even if they don't pay one for you, you have to find one.
Speaker 2: They give you a list of nonprofit.
Speaker 3: Organizations or right now they don't really have that much funding because they have the funding.
Speaker 2: So you really have to be on your own to be able to afford an attorney to represent you.
Speaker 1: Important information there, guys, and I think it's a good place to close. And then that comments there. I didn't see that when you talk. That's didn't comment there, right, No, they so okay, yeah, it's so. I have a lot of them are very very shy today. Usually they're asking questions, but they're trying to be very very careful. All right, folks, thank you so someone, thank you, Claudine. I appreciate you coming. Like I said, once again, thank you. Say hi to the folks in Rwanda. There were good friends. One of these days will come and experience the beauty. I haven't. I read so that when God was going to sleep, he went to Rwanda. That was such in Nigeria, but Rwanda stolid. But yeah, I should go I should go and and see see for myself. Yeah, I will. I will give it. I will give it a spin. This when I come, I'll give the spin.
Speaker 2: When I go to Lagos.
Speaker 1: You want to go to Legers leg Us is le Us is New York?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you like New York? Do you like Utah?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What's this in the US?
Speaker 6: Do you like?
Speaker 1: I'll give you the corresponding version in Nigeria. Do you want? You want New York vibe New York?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're gonna there.
Speaker 2: But I like New York.
Speaker 1: You want to go to Yeah? Great, great food, great people. Nightlife is excellent, excellent, you know. The food is fantastic, you know.
Speaker 3: And one of I have something start was in Rwanda this weekend or last weekend now signed with are.
Speaker 1: That Starr Star? Yes, just one of our exports that we used to make foreign currency. Yeah, it's just wonderful terms. I lots of yeah, so yeah, I have lots of folks in Rwanda. I have the real estate gather Is. They're doing a lot of stuff and rwands. A lot of nagurants are there.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which we should wish. I'll definitely make our time and come this time being a Kenya about how to hop into Rwanda. All right, clad In, thanks yeah, and if I mean Houston, I will also look you up as well. And it's down but perfect. We'll do it as well. Thank you, guys. Let me let you guys go. Yeah, it's gonna be a great weekend, guys. Mondays just tomorrow and I love Mondays. Start of a great week for us all. So let's go out and make that money and stay safe. Guys, see you all next week. Next week, I ought to bring an economics professor to talk around the economics. But let's see how we go. Seeah, it's an open weekend, all right, guys take here. Thank you Claudine, Thank you guys for listening. You guys have a good day and bye.