Speaker 1: In the world where fairways meet the airwaves. We're Birdie's and Banker Collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of diveds, drives and delightful better the Magician.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, it is the one and only Balls and Teas. Is your boy out here, the one and only twenty two the Magician, the boy with a lot of flow, and I am a classic man. Listen, ladies and gentlemen. For those who have been following us from the get go, I just want to say a huge thank you to you and for bringing in more of your friends to listen to The one and only Balls and Teas. Are always say this is the only podcast that you ever really really want to listen to, whether it's day, afternoon, or night. Because we go international, We're not just a local podcast. We do things everywhere every day. So for those who just started listening to us, I just want to say you're gonna have yourself a lot of fun. But before the fan starts, I know in how thing, it could be cloudy right now wherever you are, because there's just been a lot of storms for the past two weeks and they still continue. So please just make sure you keep safe if you see any hailstorm, make sure you pack under a cover parking.
Speaker 3: You don't want.
Speaker 2: To face the big, big rocks that's been falling from the sky. But nonetheless, I just want to say, listen, make sure that you grape yourself and ice cold backet of water. I won't even say a glass of water. I won't say a bottle of water. I will say a backet of water because I'm about to make sure that you are heated up. You'll be sweating just from listening to this conversation that I'm about to help with my guest tonight. And guess what, speaking of my guest, my guest is already eager to start engaging with me.
Speaker 3: But let me do this. I'm gonna give you two minute break.
Speaker 2: To make sure that you fill up that ice cold bucket, and then when we come back, I will definitely be introducing our guests for tonight and You're going to have a lot of fun, stay engaged. Make sure you don't even move from where you are up until the following breaks. So let's go for that two minute break and then make sure that we get ourselves some refreshments.
Speaker 1: In the world where fairways meet the airwaves, where berdiees and banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and T's your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of diveds, drives and delightful better.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Still another welcome to you and a huge thank you for continuing to follow us. This is the one and only Tony Town the Classic Man, a boy with a lot of play. Yes, this is the classic man. They call me classic because I keep it real on the golf course. I keep it real on this podcast. And as I said, it's going to be another hot episode. My guest is eagerly waiting listen. I don't even know where to start to introduce this man, because from the get go. He has been following us, he has been chatting to me on the golf course, and the last conversation that we have was to say, listen, say I need to have you on my podcast because I always see you on the golf course.
Speaker 3: I see you're playing, I see.
Speaker 2: You're engaging with people, very social person, very down to earth. And today he is joining us for the last episode of this year up until we come back in January, and hopefully he'll be joining us sometime next year as well to tell us about the updates been happening in the space. So, ladies and gentlemen, without further delays, allow me to introduce the one and only in that day d.
Speaker 4: Good evening, Tony, how are you doing? Good liveing into your listeners, good liveing into the the podcaster, And I'm so excited to be here. Man, are you well?
Speaker 3: Awesome stuff?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, then say everything is good on my side, I'm excited to have you here. If you can see me right now, I'm smiling from ear to ear because you know you you you are one person who's constantly every time we're on the Gold because you're like, hey, Tony, what what's happening in the next episode. So I'm very much excited now because you are in the episode now and let's find out what's happening in your space.
Speaker 3: But before I do that, listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not good at introducing people, right, so I tried a bit to just say, you know what.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: Who no longer day is, one of our followers, is a social go for, is one of our friends, if I can put it that way in the Golfen space. And I don't think I did justice, Perhaps if you can just reintroduce yourself, let our audience know who Bonola Medisa is, what's happening in your space, and for the most let's get an understanding of how you got into this beautiful, addictive spot that a lot of people are actually suffering from. I think this is the best addiction that people are suffering from. I don't know if you share the same sentiments as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I do definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like I said, good evening to you, Tony and the listeners. Look, guys, you guys have been doing a great job. I think the podcast has been going on for a few years now and I've been following you guys, and I see that you're growing. Well done.
Speaker 5: And keep up the good work, right.
Speaker 4: It's a bit of thing from me. My name is Bonolo Modisa, you know, boy from northwest and small door Pe called Leo Gourd and stunt in the Kinnet Counter district. Yeah, that's where I'm from. I'm a father of three. I'm married to my high school sweet out over the last seventeen years. And my professional I'm an accountant. I studied as an accountant and practiced. Later in life, I joined the banking industry and I've been a transaction banker for the last few few years now working for one of the I think the Luggers Bank by Aces and Velu in Africa, and I look after corporate clients in the mining and metal sector. So that's what I do as a profession on a day to day. Of course, as you mentioned, I'm an avid golfer.
Speaker 5: I love the sports.
Speaker 4: I'm like a dictate that to say, you know, I make sure that I to around or two in a week and I've got.
Speaker 5: A few clubs that I play with.
Speaker 4: So I've been a consistent golfer since around twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: But before that, I mean a bit of history.
Speaker 4: I got introduced to golf very early in life, I think in my mid teens when I was back home, there used to be a small municipal course and we started off by almost like maining the greens or maining the hole. So they used to have these oiled sand greens and not your class greens, but they used to oil scand so you needed a small boy or someone to actually look after that green person when golfers come through the on part, but someone had to scrape that oil scent so that the next four ball comes in and they fund the green in a good condition. So yeah, that's why I got introduced. You could say that that was my first job, actually my first paying job. I got paid two rents which was still in a banknote back in the night. Yeah, and I moved on to become a carry in my teens, but not really knowing what I was doing. The main job was just to carry it back and look for the ball. Forward a few years later when I was seeing Joe back around twenty and seven and eight, and the company I worked for at that time had an excursion to go to to the Bula and that's why I got in opportunity to buy my first set of clubs. My beginner set and went on to try the sports out. You know, you know, coming back, I never really had people to play with. I used to play like one or two rounds a year, not even a round, just going to Fetchfield or you know, cent churlon golf Village to get some balls. But the Buck, the Buck beat me in twenty seventeen where I found you know, I actually buged to convence some of my friends to say, guys, don't you want to just start the sports. Let's let's start playing. That's for my four ball and just playing regularly. And ever since then, you know, and you know some of the guys, you know, cops rum by a flank, so do the guy that we started playing with twenty seventeen or so, and we even from my golf club is still in existence today called golf parties out of that passion and ever since my guy, like I said, I've got a few clubs that I play with, maybe about three or four group of good guys that have played very different, diverse groups of guys, and I'm loving it. It's a beautiful spot. I can never play playing golf for anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, but all I have to say that's very colorful for you to say that you were you started off by actually maning the greens and it wasn't really a green. It was all said Like you said, I mean, I don't know how many golfers. I mean, I don't know how many people actually right now, I understand what you're talking about because many times, you know, especially people in our communities, they just used to normal greens on the golf course. So for you to have started engaging with the spot at such a young age and before it started being revolutionalized up until the time that you actually started playing, which, like you said, around twenty seventeen. Now, I want to find out from you on that day when it comes to you mentioned that you used to go to since you're in gold village of the field, to hit a couple of boss once in a while. Since you started playing, have you consulted with a professional coach or was it something that you just picked up from all the years that you were a caading or all the years that you were exposed to golfers in the golf course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Look, Tony.
Speaker 4: Golf is a very difficult sport, right, So I realized, you know, while I used to go to the range on my own and doing stuff, hitting balls, and I realized that actually, you know, when you start on the wrong footing and you do the wrong things, it's very difficult for you to reverse that. So I had to consult the coach. I saw one coach at the World of Golf, it would meet. They gave me a few lessons. I've done a few lessons with songs of dig golf at Kaiaalami. You know, it's a very good coach and a very good friend of mine. So I had to go and make sure that I fixed a couple of things. I understand why the ball is, you know, shanking or hooking, What is the difference between a shank and a faith or who can draw those types of things? And I guess it's very important that you get someone who can guide you with a lot of basics. Golf has got so many things. I mean, you think tending on top of the ball and hitting it as simple as that, but there's so many things that you got to take into account. How you hold the club, your grip, the stunds, how you got a ground, your feet, what happens with your hips and your shoulders, your hands. It's a very complex spot. So I would advise anyone, and when I speak to you golfers beginners, I would I always advise them to say, look, get a coach, get a few lessons, go hit the balls at the rench, becomemfortable, and don't rush to get onto the court, because many of us, we we ended up rushing to get onto the costs. And when you're playing a on a on an open course where other players are playing who may be advanced and moments sure than you, it CAUs a frustration for some of those players to say you delay the field and you don't know the rules. So I would say, for me, it was very important that I consult with a professional and I get to know how you know, what is what is the rules, how to play the balls, whether in any type of condition. And I also have to make sure that when I get my clubs after my beginner set, I get proper clubs, you know, which are fitted to my own capability and not just any other.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I really like the fact that you mentioned that golf has so many aspects to it. I mean, you spoke about rules, you spoke about hooks, drawers, fades, shanks. Now I want to understand when it comes to your own personal game. I mean there's there's the long game, there's the there's the cheaping, there's the party. Which one would you classify as one that you regularly work on? And why is it that you're constantly working on this particular aspect of your game?
Speaker 4: Look, yeah, so you you know there's a saying that nothing. I mean, all of these aspects never work altogether in sing at the same time, right, So sometimes you're driving well but you're taking bad, but you can't part.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So for me, look, I think one thing that I muster is just getting off the tea.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: My driver is working. I had to get a new driver which is really working well most of the time. I can't say all the time, right, but most of the time the driver is working. I've got distance that is descent. If it's not played, you know, you find yourself in the woods. But I mean things like getting ladies of the tea, those are things of the past. I don't struggle from that. I think we we always look forward to getting ladies strings from the gents.
Speaker 5: You know, we know that people struggle.
Speaker 4: So for me, the two things that I would say, I always well and I need to start working on I always think I should, but I don't think I dedicate enough time. It's partting and and just the approach shats and when you're talking a post Shaws, you're talking your iron play right from you know, whether you're talking five six seventy nine around those you know, all of those highs and and and chipping is doing work. Chipping is just like my driving. I don't really struggle that much. Of course, we do have off days when nothing is working. But for me, if I can get my iron play, and if I can spend a lot of time and go back to a professional on just on how to play my eyes and how to part I mean patting on his own has got so many things, you know, things like the lie. You know, if you can uphel downhill part way the way, the green sloping house, the grass is it well cut? Is there greens firm or soft? So all of those things really you need to consider them as you are lighting up your part. And I think for me, if you don't do, if you don't part, well, that's.
Speaker 5: Why you lose your strokes. Right, you can get onto the.
Speaker 4: Green in regulation and you can chip well get out of the bankers. But if you can't part and you end up prepartting for partying, that's really it really kills your game. And I mean, if you, if I look at my golf, I've been playing for so many years, I've never I've never broken eighty. I've got one eagle. So I've been playing a lot of eighties eighty once. My games is generally around eighties, eighty nine, eighty five, but there's a lot of n.
Speaker 5: Two and fives as well, right, And.
Speaker 4: I think if you, if you when you plan your goal, you gotta think of what is it that is critical for me to cut down strokes, you know, move me from eighty to seventy nine, And that's very important. You have to on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you know when you're speaking about scoring, I mean, it just triggers something in my mind because I actually wanted to ask you a question to say, Okay, I mean, you've played for so long, you understand your weaknesses, you understand your strengths on the golf course. But now when it comes to measuring your progress in relation to where you come from and where you'd like to see yourself. Obviously as social golf, as a lot of people would say, listen, I do not see myself turning into the pro, but I just enjoy the company that I have with all the other go offers around me. Now, how do you then personally measure your your progress? Will it be based on your score? Would it be based on your handicap? Would you basic maybe on the friendship, the relationships that you home.
Speaker 3: I'm on the golf course.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Look, so golfs it encompasses a whole lot of things, right. It talks to the game itself, how you play, and everyone wants to play good. Everyone wants to play well. And I think for me, you know the fact that over the years I managed to move my handicap from the twenties to you know, the mid teens, around fourteen fourteen, and now my handicap is sitting and I say that I'm nine point three and it's offering between nine and ten, you know, ten point five, nine point five, That's where I'm currently sitting and comfortably. But it takes time, you know, and and golf has know. Therefore, right, you play a few breath rounds, you find yourself sitting with a twelve thirteen handicap, and you have to work.
Speaker 5: Back and do that.
Speaker 4: So for me, playing well on the course right is very important. That's how I feel like I'm making progress. But you mentioned something around the company you keep the people that you play with, right. I play with many people from different backgrounds and I enjoy just interacting with people, you know, knowing people and just building relations with people, whether it's friends or it's business associates or clients. And that's what I enjoy, right. And you would know the amount of time and the fund that people have with the nineteen hour to say that that's where you get to relax and obviously there's a lot of benter that goes in that was on there.
Speaker 5: But it's always fun, you know.
Speaker 4: Uh, and golf is golf, you know, every after every round you feel like I want to come back, I want to work on this and that and you look forward to the next round. So that's how it has been for me over a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Awesome stuff, you know. You know, I like the fact that you mentioned the nineteenth hole. You mentioned people from different backgrounds as well, because the one thing I would like to understand for your site that the say, especially for those who are new to the sport or for those who are looking to get into the spot. Is just to give us a description of saying, what would you say is your perfect day on the golf course? Obviously, like you said, some days things just don't work out. And even if things that don't don't work out, the company is still there, the nineteenth hole is still there's something else who could just be working us. So on your end, if your golf is not going on that day, would you say is your Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Or would you say, you know what?
Speaker 2: Regardless of how I'm playing, I look forward to engaging with more and more people and then just maintaining this whole bad day into something great.
Speaker 4: Execut We all know as golfers you don't always have, you know, a good round of golf, but you have to look at the bigger picture and realize that the sport is way more than just u scoring good right, So you will have your days when you're struggling to even make one power, But I mean engaging with people and having fun. And you know, we always forget to have fun on the course. We are hard on ourselves and we must always remember that we are not close. We are to have fun and and golf being as brutal and honest as a spot. It reminds you all the time that listen, you are not in control here right. Anything can affect you, whether it thought or on whatever, a call or an email coming in, or you think your web or you think you whatever that that that could distribut at that moment. So the idea is that when you're on the course, enjoy, enjoy the nature, enjoy the company that you are with, whether it's familiar people that you play you always play with, or sometimes you play with new people that you're meeting for the first time. You allow yourself to enjoy the company, get to know those people. And also you be that person that people will always remember to say, little the kind guy that we met and he's a good guy, solid guy. Yeah, And don't don't be that guy who's always swearing at yourself, but let alone other people yourself. You know, you know, you know the joke that says, how do you know there's a bad goal for the course. You would always hear them them calling their names and certain there themselves. Molissa, you you idiot, Melissa, You that you have to live it to all of that. And and golf is golf is more than just you know, technical, technical and physical, it's it's also mental, right, and you have to have the right mindset, be positive and take every stroke, you know, every shot forget about your mythhaps with the previous hold or the previous shot, and just enjoy looking for you know, looking forward to just having a relaxed time with the guys. Whether you want or a trophy, it doesn't matter. You know, you had a good day on the course.
Speaker 3: No, one hundred percent notica.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask you to please allow us to past for about three minutes, and then when we get back, we're just going to delve deeper into this conversation because I can hear the excitement that you actually have in your voice when you're speaking of golf and you're thinking of so many things to say.
Speaker 3: You know, this man just asked me what's my perfect day?
Speaker 2: I mean, it could be the shot, it could be the shot in the nineteenth, it could be.
Speaker 3: The conversation with other people.
Speaker 2: So I would actually like us to delve deeper into this conversation after a two minute break, and then yeah, let's let's discuss how you then marry the two worlds, your two worlds, which is your work environment as well as the golf because a lot of people would presumably say that the biggest boatroom in the world is on the golf course. So I also want to get your inputs around that to say, hell, has it been like that for you? Or is golf so different legsing for you? All right, ladies and gentlemen, let's go for that two minute break, and then when we come back, we will be delving deeper into the conversation. Please make sure that you go and refiel that five ten liter ice cold back out of water, because listen, guys, you can hear that the will say is enjoying his time with us, and we are also having fun. I mean this man here, ladies and gentlemen, if you don't know, he plays golf religiously, yes, he said once or twice, but he doesn't mind playing today and tomorrow and the day after tomorrow as long as the company around him is what he's looking for at the time. So let's go for the two minute break, and then when we come back, we will be engaging more with mester.
Speaker 3: Nobody said.
Speaker 6: Invisible In Consulting your Gateway to financial Success, we specialize in providing the best solutions to manage your finance and accounting, ensuring a better life for you and your business. Our expert team offers top notch accounting and tax consulting services tailored to various industries, including but not limited to, engineering, medical.
Speaker 7: Practitioners, in construction, nonprofits, events, management, attorneys in financial services experience the power of our best analytics, backed by a commitment to our clients.
Speaker 6: In a high level of knowledge and in Visible Ink Consulting, we strive to deliver the best service you can get, making your financial journey seamless and rewarding. Choose Invisible Ink Consulting for a brighter financial future. Your success our priority. Please visit us at www dot Invisibleinc, dot co, dot seta to reach us www dot invisiblelink, dot co dot ZTA.
Speaker 1: In a world where fairweys meet the airweeks, where burdis and banker collide, Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of diveds drives and delightful better.
Speaker 4: Magician.
Speaker 2: Alright, ladies and gentlemen, you're still tuned into the one and Only Balls and Teas. Like I said, this is the last episode for the year twenty twenty five, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Making sure that it's placing hot because.
Speaker 2: I've got the one and only Banola MUDs as my guest. And you know, this conversation is just you know, it's been slowly building up.
Speaker 3: Now the temperature is one hundred and fifty degrees. We are about to get to three hundred degrees. It's melting degrees.
Speaker 2: I hope you have that backup of water with you because you're about to sweat. So let me not waste any more time and then let me work out. Mister Medisa back on the line, mister Medissa.
Speaker 4: That's Tony. I'm still here, my guy.
Speaker 2: Awesome stuff, Awesome stuff I really appreciate. So before it went on the break, you we spoke about your perfect day on the golf course, right, So I just want to do a follow up on there to say, obviously, listen, you mentioned that you are a transactional banker and you are an accountant by professional way, which basically means that you're very analytical when it comes to doing whatever you do in your space.
Speaker 3: Now when it comes to your role or your yeah, when it.
Speaker 2: Comes to your role as a transactional banker, relationship building I believe is very key. And like I said before the break, a lot of people always say that the golf course is the biggest boadroom there is in the world. I have heard a lot of people saying that they're closing deals on the golf course and all these things.
Speaker 3: Now, I just.
Speaker 2: Want to find out from you if you were to take the physical boadroom in the office and compare it to the golf course, which one would you say is is your most ideal or most prepared space to do it to conduct business?
Speaker 4: I feel like you know the answer ready to that, right, look, come in. You know golf first, are always saying, you know, a bad day on the golf course is still much better than any day in the office, right, So, you know, golf gives you so much. Golf you get to know people better in a very relaxed environment of setting and golf being you know, the gentleman's sport, but it is it allows you to assess characters. You know, as you're building relationship with clients or business associates, of friends or family, you get to see how they react to var type of situation.
Speaker 5: Right, So.
Speaker 4: You want to learn about, you know, their character, you know, to say, how do they manage adversity, How resilient are they in terms of taking the bad and the good breaks out of golf? You know, you get to see whether they are patient. People are very impatient and and and because golf, in golf, you are you are your own referee, right you You you then get to see how people behave in an environment where they are not or there's no referee, or there's no someone there's no one looking over their shoulder, right, so you have to almost sort of regulate and and be able to to call penalties on yourself whether anyone is watching or you're on your own.
Speaker 5: Right. So when you're observing.
Speaker 4: Someone that you're learning and you're hoping to get into business type of transaction with you, you are able to gather all that information you know to say how to solve problems from just their course management and how they go about making you that you save a point or you don't get frustrated by going out of.
Speaker 5: Bounds, you know, and golf. I love golf.
Speaker 4: It's part of golf in a sense that it allows you to show respect to others, but also not only to fellow human beings, but it allows you to demonstrate how you show respect to the environment, right. And we know how in golf we're always talking about, you know, leave the cause in a way that you would like to find it right, whether it's repairing pitch marks when you're on the green or raking bankers after you've played a short, making sure you maintain pace of play for the people behind you, you know, So that on its own, it demonstrates how orderly of a person you are and what consideration you have for the environment, for the other So it's it's all of those things when you put them all together, right to say, how does this person after having such a bad round of gold, does he guarantees car and drive home or does it still come, you know, back after showering to the nineteenth hole and having a child and a conversation with other golfers irrespective of how bad the gold the golf was. So you you you are able to bundle all of those things together and get the intelligence that you want that will help you with relationship building. To say, out of the four the five hours that I've spent with this man on the or this you know lady on the course, can I really build a partnership with this person? Can I really t trust them with the some of the decision making, oh with my business or you know, it really teaches you that that almost like the diplomacy, being able to have impactful conversations, build trust, build a poor and see how people just react, you know, and out of that, with those insights, then you you can go back to the boathroom and sign on the door, you know, on the dot line to say, yes, I'm comfortable I can trust this person and they are really honorable, you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: No, one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I like I like the fact that you mentioned something very very critical to say that you spend about four to five hours, so you gather a lot of information about a particular person that you're playing with. And now now now with that being said, I mean in the office, obviously, if you were to meet with a client, whether it's outside the office or in your office, time is very limited, and obviously both of you have to maintain a certain level of professionalism, you're not in your relaxed element at that point in time. Now with that, with that minds me, I just want to find out if you were to take the two different worlds right, the work environment as well as the golf course, and you you you just to name or to mention a few skills that you've incorporated in both worlds but are very similar. Or let's say, some that you've taken out of the golf course and you apply to your role as a transactional banker, and some that you've taken from your role and applied them onto the golf course. But with the main idea of saying that, you know what, at the end of the day, one needs to make sure that we build a relationship on good grounds. You also mentioned, I mean you get to understand how people behave, which I believe when it comes to relationship building, that's very important. You want to understand what makes the next person take, what makes them smile as well. So how do you then take the two different worlds and then blend them into one to make sure that they work for you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Look, and as I mentioned earlier, it's very important. I think the lesson that I learned from playing with someone are very key in making those decisions whether I want to start, continue, or even sometimes end the relationship. You know, I've been able to play with some of my clients, some of my business partners or even colleagues and my executives, and you get to see people's character and how how they react to certain things, the type of jokes, what makes them take and you have to even learn more about the people down outside of the office. But in terms of you know, your families and social lives, what do people really enjoy And that helps you to say in the future, I would know how to how to engage with this person should I want to get decisions out of them. So for me, I think the the I gather almost insights to say, if I was to give this person an account, or this person was to bank with me and I bring the account over, are they trustworthy? You know? Can I trult them? If I go and present in front of my my my egregative for whoever about tony and balls and teas as a as a as a client, would I be you know uh uh, you know, convicted and ensure that yes, I can bring this account over. And the people that are leading this company, are really on about people, right, So you learn a lot of things out of golf.
Speaker 5: And I would say there's.
Speaker 4: A lot of things that we do in business in both rooms that are very available. But the golf aspect of it bring the social aspect, you know, to say, we hear you, we know how you react, how you stand in front of people, don't as tell them.
Speaker 5: But when you are.
Speaker 4: Wearing shorts and take keys and you're walking for four hours and sometimes having a bo two, how how how do you behave and and and you know there's other things Tony like if I can just give an example, I observe even how people treat caddies. You know, we many times take a coady to carry our back, show us lines and support our balls. But you find many people treating kddies horribly and and and not. You know, when you when I'm working with you, when I'm treating my carry bad, I tend to think you you you different and say no, because I'm a fellow player, you'll treat me better. No for me, it's it's bad. That is a ple of human being. Most of the times you find that you know these guys are elder guys, and it doesn't matter that he's carrying your back. You have no right to try and you know, prove your ego on an innocent person who's out there looking to make a living. Right, So we have to show spec you spect very important to a fellow golf of us, to people around, whether it's a marshalut, whether it's a it's a cat person who said in drinks so on the on the golf course, or someone with you who's setting you used bots. You have to be very res respectful to people that So for me, those things then tend tend to tell me that this is the kind of person that I'm going to be dealing with. Emma ready to bring these people into my circle of friends or second business? And can I really trust them? Because you don't want things to happen later in life. And you you hear people say, but he Merissa, you brought us this person, and you then start having those thoughts. I remember them. And on the sixth hole, his ball disappeared and he was blaming the kd or he missed a part and he was blaming the kddy for the line, you know, forgetting that he's the player and met the ky you know, it's very important to marry the two ways you're saying to say, now that I've seen how you behave you know relas from it. When I bring you into a formal business or into a formal type of setting, I know you better and I know what makes you you can Yeah, you know, I like.
Speaker 2: How you actually responded to that, because, like you said, the respect is very important and it boils down to our African nature as a whole of ubun to say I am because of you. So you you being able to mention that, you know what, regardless of the status, regardless of uh, the age or any other differences that we may have, a human being is a human being and we need to treat each each other in the right manner, which is portraying a sense of respect, portraying a sense of love and all. Now that there's something that I always tell people that the mode is to say that golfers have becuts go for us.
Speaker 3: Especially social golfers.
Speaker 2: Let me not say especially because I've not been exposed to professional golf as a lot, but let me say social golfers that have interacted with over the past couple of years, we've got big huts. And we go with us are loving bunch, And there's a lot of things that golfers actually do or activities that gods are involved in outside the golf course, but they utilize golf to make sure that they reach those goals.
Speaker 3: And this goes to this.
Speaker 2: Brings me to speak about some of the activities that you are involved in, such as literacy for life and golfing for a purpose through the limit. So if you can just give us context as to say, what is your involvement in those kind of initiatives and what exactly is the goal for those initiatives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I mean I'm involved in a few initiatives in golf where we we we realize that, you know, as much as we love the sport, we can use it as a driver to make a change in people's lives and especially in an African child's life.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So, me and a couple of friends, mostly from home in the Northwest, we've been having a club. We used to call it the Social Club, where we would collect money out of our own pockets and find, you know, a school or two and go donate maybe ten pairs twenty pairs of shoes. A said, when you know, I think This goes back a couple of years. But when we started playing golf, we realize that golfing community, you know, has got a bunch of people who are generous, with big hearts and they want to make an impact. So about six years ago, me and my friend Cops decided to say, let us not throw a big party and celebrate our birthdays. And our birthdays happen in January, so we said, look, you and I always a bit more days together, but this time around, they're not supposed to golf Day and try and see if we're able to raise funds and use those funds to go make a difference back in the community that really de there and that's where it started with the Mcare Foundation. So it moved from being a social clap of gangs just going on trips and hanging around and boozing. We then said, look, we've got to fall form a formal NPO which has been registered and it is called the Mcare's Foundation. We've got about a group of about twenty or eighteen guys who are helping with different things.
Speaker 5: Right, we've managed.
Speaker 4: To host, like I said, about six annual golf days. The golf Days started in January but later only in life. We moved them to around March to accommodate calendars and diaries, not to plush and we have been hosting it for the last few years at Pickin Root and it's coming up again in March next year in Pickin Wood. We raise funds and over the last few years we've been able to make a real impact. I mean from previously being able to school ten to fifteen kids. Now with the generosity of the golfers and sponsors that come on board with the mccas Foundation on an annual basis, we do reach out to about one hundred kids that we buy not only shoes, but shoes, socks, hans, skirts, Jazy's and Steve Falls and and and stuff. Various schools in the Northwest to whether in Baston Back Mafiking, Clagstop Porch have benefited from us, and we are looking to grow nationally. So you know, we've always posted our social platforms for people to come and support them. So that's that's MCAS Foundation in US. Hosting our first annual golf day in Trine nineteen, we met a good friend who has since left us. His name was Advocate Look, so Advocate Maru was very passionate about reading, right. He had stories where you know, he would run a Congress marathon reading a book. He ran two oceans reading a book, and that sparked interest from the media and people wanted to know why in this man reading a book while he's running an ultra marathon, you know. So he Yeah. A year after we established Hours, he established a foundation called Literacy for Life. And Literacy for Life basically advances literacy in our previously Prance communities. You know, we built libraries, we built reading holps. We collect books, pre loved books or second books that help young kids to get into reading, you know, and because we understand that reading takes you to a different world. So as a young mind, instead of you know, letting the kids run run a wild we give them books. We give them access to read about various matters subjects and for them to be engaged and for them to dream of a better future. So Literacure for Life has bill in existence ever since twenty twenty hosted about five gold days so far off our services, you know, military golf club, but we've now moved to the Bulah in the in the Pope. I think that's where you and I last met where we had quite a lengthy.
Speaker 5: Nineteenth hole after a long time.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's that's the topic for another day, right, So literally for Life is there. Annually Firstory of September we host our golf day. We've got a number of sponsors that have been partners with us, and we keep on calling for more friends, partners and you know, associated and people to come. And with Literacy for Life having been established by Advocate Maru, who was Rana and a golfer, you get a lot of uh. His running body is also participating and helping to response for the for the foundation through Fat Kids Running Club which he was part of. But we myself and Black Cops a calling blaps, we are both of the Salem McKay Foundation as well as Literacy for Life, raising awareness and making sure that as much as we love the sport and we spend a lot of our time attending various golf days and and and and supporting the golfing community, we are also making sure that you know, we make a difference in the lives of people who are not as fortunate as.
Speaker 5: You and I. You know, yep.
Speaker 2: Now before we go to our last break, before our last TABLEM minus, then would you mind sharing with our audience or our listeners contact details? Oh yeah, content details for both Telemacare Foundation as well as Litricy for Life. Because for me, I find it very useless for people to be under one room enjoying themselves while somebody else is out there suffering or like you said, being less fortunate. So if there's a lot of social golfers out here in South Africa, I mean there's over four hundred thousand social golfers in South Africa, and I would really really like to believe that the majority of them are involved in other initiatives whatsoever. But if there's someone out there who would like to extend that hand to say, you know what, we really really want to be involved in Literacy for Life or with the Telemacare Foundation, how can we then make our contribution or make sure that we are a part of that organization and make a difference or in impacting society. How do we then reach out to you guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we we are available on social platforms, but you know, mainly Instagram. So on Instagram if you search for Salemmycas Foundation, So it's T S E L E M E k S c A R E Foundation, Salem Macas Foundation. You'll find out there. Our contract details are there. You are able to uh you know, ping us in box as d m us. We can share the details with you. And then my handle is at Underscore mods. So at double r E Underscore mood D S M O d I S E that's my handle. You are always able, you know able to reach out to me. I can guide you. Black Ops my partner. His details are also and I want to get his handles so so so that I don't get it wrong.
Speaker 5: He is black Cops.
Speaker 4: He is black Ops on Instagram.
Speaker 5: So you found it.
Speaker 4: You find him at at leak or party at L E K O p a on on Instagram. So that's the Telemacares Foundation. So, like I said, both myself and Black Ops are the bada's for Telemacares Foundation and Literacy for Life. If you go onto Instagram and you search for Literacy for Life, you find it there. So it's Literacy for number four and Life l I f E. That's where you find them as a nonprofit organization, and Literacy has got a number that you are able to contact and their number is zero seven nine Tapul eight seven eight seven seven zero seven nine, Tripule eight seven eight seven seven And they're always willing to come to come to you because we could like books at literacy, we are able. We've got patrons and soldiers on the ground to drive wherever you are to collect those second books. And we always say make them leisure books and not your curriculum.
Speaker 5: You know, uh, a book that people study.
Speaker 4: At school, Just make it leisure books, books for reading for fun, because the idea is to encourage kids to read socially about different subject subjects and just to open up their worlds. So we collect books from toddlers all the way to you know, grown ups. So whatever book you have, obviously they should be children friendly. We we we will come and collect those books. And what we then do on an annual basis, we go out and donate these books at various reading hubs and literacy hubs across the country. And when you go too the social platforms, you can see all the events that we've hosted as as our upcoming events, so that you can then participate it by joining and contributing to what the good cause that we're trying to try and heere awesome stuff.
Speaker 2: Awesome awesome. So, ladies and gentlemen, there you have it. Those are contact details for Lyrics for Life and Telemahare's Foundation. We're just going for another two minute break, and then when we come back, we're going to wrap it up. You know, there's so much that I can discuss with mister medssay if it wasn't for time.
Speaker 3: I mean, we were just going to go on for so long.
Speaker 2: But I want to come back and then rattle him up a bit with some fun, exciting questions and then now from there we can close it up and you know, we can all start getting into the jolly mood of the festive season.
Speaker 3: So let's go for the two minute break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll be wrapping it up, and I hope mister Medissa will be prepared for the questions that I have for him. They're going to be very very quick, quick brief questions. But yeah, let's see how quick he thinks on his feet.
Speaker 5: Look forward to it.
Speaker 3: I'm a podcasting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's just that I can't wait for the forecast to go live. People tell I never really listened to myself, mm hmm, no, but for them the podcast the idiots, Yeah, I remember, we've almost spent the whole night talking that it's a good we forgot that. I remember that I had to sleep because I had a game in the morning, but I played. I did, I did. I no.
Speaker 2: But but but you know, good companies is all we need in life, and good conversations. I always say, you know, if you if, if you're having good conversations with people, you will not even see time or you you will not even feel the fatigue that goes with time.
Speaker 4: Yep, no, for sure, definitely.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 2: About the fun questions very very quick, not not nothing too serious.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, we can wrap it up from there.
Speaker 5: Okay, mm hmm, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Let's yea some are they.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So in amount.
Speaker 4: Ten nine, eight, seven, six, five, four three.
Speaker 5: Two one, let's go.
Speaker 2: Alright, ladies and gentlemen, you are still tuned into the one and only Falls and Tease. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the last episode for the year twenty twenty five, and it has been beautiful.
Speaker 3: It has been wonderful. I don't want to lie.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five has been a year of surprises. I mean, for the first time in history. Prectoria experienced tales so thick it felt like snow. So a lot of things have been happening in twenty twenty five. But let me tell you something, the year twenty twenty six is going to be beautiful, and I would like each one of you to please stay safe during this festive season. Make sure that you stay healthy, you stay safe, spend time with your family.
Speaker 3: Then when we come back in January, we're going to have a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Because I don't even want to spill the beans, but I can tell you there's going to be a lot of changes happening here with with us on balls and ts, and we're going to have a lot of X typing guests as well. So let me not keep my guests waiting for too long. Mister Medissa is still on the line. He's waiting for us. I told him that right now we are closing the show, and I want us to close it on a bank. So I'm going to confuse this man so much that he won't be able to answer anything remedies.
Speaker 3: Are you still with me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm worried a bit, but I'm always.
Speaker 5: There for fun and.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding that it's nothing serious. It's very very simple, straight to the straight to the point questions. But let's try to make them fun and uh make them speak questions, right, So you tell me when you're ready if I can start.
Speaker 4: Asking now, Google Goole the shoot man?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Three two one? Favorite cousing houting.
Speaker 5: And I would say run back firethone.
Speaker 3: West Coast ever played?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: The old What is that Chriven Gold Course?
Speaker 4: That's crazy golf course?
Speaker 5: Horrible?
Speaker 4: What is the Priven Gold Cause the way the way Midrant leupo when when it does still operate, I never enjoyed that concert.
Speaker 5: I'm very close.
Speaker 3: Favorite professional player at the moment, Shure.
Speaker 4: That's a tough one. Look. I love Tiger, was all time favorite ever since I was a kid. But the guy, the guy who's currently playing and dominating Scottish Cheffler. I love his demeanor. I love how he approaches golf in life.
Speaker 5: And that's my guy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, uh, best professional tournament that you'd rather spend the day watching.
Speaker 4: Sho, I'll say the Masters at the I'll spend the whole four days and I'll take leave even.
Speaker 3: You know, for some reason, I knew Mustards was coming up on this one.
Speaker 4: You know, everyone and I hope I get to experience just walking those laws at the cost one day. Uh yeah, gonna work hard to make to make it happen. Right now.
Speaker 3: Now, Now, this one is going to be a tricky one.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if you've experienced live golf, but I'm going to ask you leave goff or the s TV delicious.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I would say live, you know, live live. When you watch the the game, they've got a lot of music playing the background, so you get a bit of delicious there, but you also get a lot of so I'll still live gone.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Now, Now, now this one, I really really want to confusu you with this one, right, yeah, right, I'm going to ask you about certain brains.
Speaker 3: When it comes to golf equipment. Titleist Nike or Callaway, third list, basin or titleist list.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, no longer.
Speaker 5: It's no longer in golf equipment.
Speaker 4: So if you're still playing Nike clubs, I think it's about time you get a replacement, my guy, you are a few years behind the technology.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Awesome stuff. Now, now this is the one.
Speaker 4: He's never one, by the way, and if a tailormate over title as well, tailor clubs and titles balls you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no tailor meat clubs are beautiful. I love them as well. They're nice.
Speaker 2: They they've they've they've got a nice feel like you don't even feel the ball that the clubs feel the ball.
Speaker 3: You just feel that.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Now there's a tough one. This one is for the records remedies. This one is for the records, right, ok, tj or balls and tees.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean you you're putting me in a corner. Heare, but bolls and.
Speaker 4: You know all the time this is run by my friends, the people are you in tagged with on a daily basis to grow the game. I mean, p g PG is well short, but bost and tees the wall is your oyster.
Speaker 5: I know you guys are we to do great things.
Speaker 4: So I definitely and kids because I want to grow with you as a partner and a friend and make sure that you know I witnessed this growth and I can say I know this young man from a very long time ago.
Speaker 3: You know, awesome, awesome.
Speaker 2: You know, if you had said PGA, I was going to say, let's end this interview with immediate defect.
Speaker 3: But I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding, but.
Speaker 2: It has been such an honor and a pleasure hosting you. But you know how we work here at Boons, we can't let you go without you sharing something sentimental with our audience.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's festive season.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately for provinces right now in South Africa going under a lot of stress due to thunderstorms and flooding and all these things. So it's a very busy time of the year. And if you could just share your inputs or give inputs with regards to the festive season as well as to those who want to get into the game and have been confused all along, going from pillar to post, not knowing exactly where to start or how to start.
Speaker 3: So place, honor us and give us our daily break today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, look, I think if I just start with your last the last piece of your question, forget about people who are looking to join golf. I think, Look, the time is always now right, don't waste any more time. Go to beautiful sports. You'll realize that once you start getting yourself into it's got a great number of people with good hearts, people who are just about playing and making a difference. So many people always find burriers to say, you know, it's an expensive sport. It's not accessible, the equipment is expensive. But I say to them, look, just spend time with golf funds. You'll realize that it's not as expensive as you think. I mean, I bought my first set of clubs many years ago.
Speaker 5: I think I spent less than two thousand.
Speaker 4: I've got a friend of mine who I sent to go buy second end clubs at a porn shop. He came back with a good looking set, you know, an old secondhand or third hand set, which he still uses. So if you really want to do and enjoying sport, you can enjoy and you don't have to really be, you know, an expensive spender, but you can get what I would stuff and it. And for new beginners, spend time on the on the range, get a professional to teach you the basics of golf, and don't ruse to get yourself out of the golf course. Just make you understand the basics. You can hit the ball straight, it goes. You know what's the difference between a driver and a pattern and a wedge. And it's a beautiful sport. Once we get in, you'll make good friends, you'll make good business contacts and build relationships and there is no looking back. And I'm just loving how the sport is growing in South Africa alone. I know so many people who belong to so many golf clubs. Whether you're in African in Pretoria, you know West Pretoria, East you are in We were playing Secunda the other day with some good golfers that side. So the whole country is flooded with US social golfers. So we're always looking to get new members to join the spot and make it big.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: As for the positive, look a good time for family and relax time. Many companies will be closing, people will be taking time off to go home with the loved ones. So we're just gonna say, you know, everyone who's going to be on the roads, please travel safely, take care. There's a lot of excitement around this time of the year. People must just take it easy, relax and have good, clean fun with your loved ones. Right, And we pray that as much as we love the rain, we want it because it helps with a lot of things both we we just hope that it doesn't really spoil the lives of others who may not be as advantage right, because we we We know that people are going to be on the roads, those who will be driving and taking public transport. We pray and hope that best time around, there aren't any accidents that will be hearing off. People will make it home safely, see their loved us and make it back to how saying or wherever you are working, make it back to go and and and and and continue with your with your vocation. So to you guys, bolls and teens, toty, hope you're going to go see them there at Marble Squirrel you know, and every one of you guys, please make sure you spend time with your loved ones and and and spending time with loved ones. It's not money, guys. You know some people have wait going home or seeing people thinking that it's money.
Speaker 5: It's not money. Your presence means a lot.
Speaker 4: People seeing you, hugging, hugging you, touching you, it makes them, It makes them feel good, whether it's family, parents, parents, Please do make sure that you spend time with those people.
Speaker 5: So wishing you all the best.
Speaker 4: And like I said, I mean, I've been watching you guys grow over the longest time and I can't wait to see you growing bigger and bigger.
Speaker 5: Next year is going to be big for us.
Speaker 4: We know that they leave golf is coming around April to you know, stay in the city. We're looking forward to that, just like this past weekend was a big weekend in South Africa when the net Bank Golf t taking place at sun City. All the golfers were there and having a good time watching the pros do their thing. So we're looking forward to the next one Sunshine Tour. We all know that it's also one of our big events that we follow, the tour, the local tour that before.
Speaker 5: So yeah, let's hope that we.
Speaker 4: Will see balls and tees participating in those big, those big tournaments and giving the tense to to elevate especially social players social golfers, right, you know always saying some of us get likely to play some of the pro ams, but many of us social goths wish we could spend time with those and playing pros. I wish that one day these professional tools will make the pros accessible to us, so that it's not only if we select are who can afford it, but any social golf I should be able to say I've played with so I've managed to learn a lot from them for my call. So yeah, I wishing you guys as both and teas all the best for the new year and upwards and forwards, and let's let's get it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Thank you so much, Ramodisice, and please, like you said, this is a good time to spend time with family. Please do take time off rest, spend time with your family, travel safe and continue playing this addictive spot. And then now we really really appreciate your words of wisdom, especially to those who want to get into the spot, and your prayers for everybody else who will be traveling around this Let's make sure that we all travel safe, and thank you once again for wishing bows and is the best we hope, and we really really believe that it's high time that social golfers are put on the map, and what better way than through bows and tees. So with that being said that the men said, I just want to say once again, thank you so much, and may you have not just a lovely evening, but a lovely festive season with your family.
Speaker 3: And then I'm looking forward to seeing you next year.
Speaker 2: When we come back. We are coming back with the bank. I hope to play with you next year. The first or second week of January. I want us to be on the golf course. Although I'm not such a good golfer. I'm very good at speaking, but not not so good at golf.
Speaker 5: You know, we call ourselves all of us.
Speaker 4: We enjoy playing golf and learning from each other.
Speaker 5: So thank you so much for giving me the platform.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate the vote of course, compudence, and looking forward to playing more golf with you guys, all of you the team.
Speaker 5: And yeah, let's go the game. Thank you so much, guys.
Speaker 2: Awesome stuff, they said, have yourself a lovely evening. So, ladies and gentlemen, we have come to the end of our episode today. Like our said, this is the last episode of year, and you've heard it from the man himself.
Speaker 3: That is your daily break.
Speaker 2: Please every day when you wake up, remember those ways to say. Whatever it is I'm doing through this period, let it be based around safety and spending time with family. It's not about you spending money. It's just about your presence. Your presence means a lot to do to your loved ones. Your loved ones presence means a lot to you. So let's make sure that we go out there we have safe fun with our friends and families and even those we don't even consider our friends. Let us show love everywhere we go. Let's bring in more golf us into the social god in space. Let's make sure that we grow the spot worldwide, not just nationwide, worldwide, and for the professional tournaments that's coming through next year, watch out, Bows and Teas is coming out as well, because we want to be a part of big things as well. We want our social golfers to be a part of the entire golf movement. With that being said, ladies and gentlemen, this is the one only Tony, Tony the magician the world with a lot of flight, the classic men. If you're waking tomorrow, please drop all the tools. It is amber Bos festive season December at one, so make sure that you drop all the tools and go and have safe fun. But if you're playing on Friday, please come to my house. Let's discuss this thing. I'd rather have you spend time with me on the golf course than doing other things. Ladies and gentlemen, balls and teas, signing out, we will see you in twenty twenty six. Have a great festive season, enjoy yourselves and come back safe,