Speaker 1: A very random number 48.
Speaker 2: This is Brady. One more time. A look back on all things 90s and 2000s. The movies. Look what you did, you little jerk. the awkwardness. Here's your host, Brady Broski. Welcome, welcome, welcome to the most nostalgia-listic podcast of all time. Welcome to Brady, one more time. I am Brady, your host.
Speaker 1: And with me as always, he is the Kickball King.
Speaker 2: What up? He's a guy who.
Speaker 1: Really enjoys wearing shoes, not wearing shoes, while he works. You take your shoes off.
Speaker 2: I do. I've had some leg pain that I've dealt with for a while, some foot pain. And when I can kick off the shoes in my office. You do. I do. I notice.
Speaker 1: It looks very relaxing. It looks like you're comfy.
Speaker 2: It's comfy. One of the great things about working in the radio industry is there's no dress code around these parts. Look what we're wearing, for example. This is how we roll up. We've got like corporate people roaming around this office all week and we're in t-shirts and shorts. I know. I almost wore like a bathing suit at one point.
Speaker 1: I was like, I should not wear that Hawaiian-themed bathing suit this week of all weeks.
Speaker 2: Probably no one would have said anything. Do you not know the Creepy Crawlers?
Speaker 1: You looked confused.
Speaker 2: I was confused. What was that? You don't know?
Speaker 1: Creepy Crawlers was... Was it a toy? Yeah, it was like a toy you played around Halloween time. I forget how it worked, but you created them. They're like worms, and maybe you put them in water. I want to say I never used them, but I remember the jingle.
Speaker 2: Okay. Creepy Crawlers. I was going to say the jingle rang a bell, but I had zero idea what it was about. A little before your time, maybe. Maybe.
Speaker 1: Maybe I was only like three. Maybe it was a regional thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe creepy crawlers were an East Coast thing.
Speaker 1: Which would make sense. So today we are going to do probably the most random podcast episode maybe of any podcast that have ever existed. But I wanted to do it just because I think it'd be fun and I want to see what we come up with. Uh, we're doing a draft, which we haven't done in a while.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: We each have six players on our teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think, uh, unlike previous drafts, I'm not terribly worried about either of us stealing each other's picks.
Speaker 1: Uh, no, there's a, if that happens, if that happens, that'll be wild.
Speaker 2: Do you have a sound effect ready to play if that happens? Uh, yeah. You know what?
Speaker 1: If we, if we, if we play or if we pick the same player for our team, I will play.
Speaker 2: How about, um, The Folgers? Folgers theme song? The best theme song about waking up? Yeah. That makes sense. I don't think we're going to be hearing the Folgers jingle today.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the draft is of the most underrated things of all time.
Speaker 2: Any category. People, places, things.
Speaker 1: Dan asked me when I texted him this, I think your response was, of what?
Speaker 2: I was like, of anything. Anything? Anything. And here we are. I have a broad range, so... I say we jump into it now. Let's just... I'm not going to play the.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to do that, yeah. With my number one pick.
Speaker 2: Oh, boy.
Speaker 1: In the most underrated things of all time draft, I select. Water.
Speaker 2: What? No.
Speaker 1: That's not a good pick?
Speaker 2: It's a great pick.
Speaker 1: Great number one pick.
Speaker 2: You can't live without it.
Speaker 1: How good is water? When you're thirsty.
Speaker 2: When... When you need to live. How about this?
Speaker 1: There's so many people in the world that don't have clean drinking water.
Speaker 2: We do. That's true. It's true. We take it for granted. It's only underrated when you have it. I don't think it's underrated for the people who don't have access to clean water. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I pick water. I think it's a strong number one out of the gate. Think about a nice Saturday morning, you went out the night before, you're parched. And then I take a sip and I say, how good is water?
Speaker 2: I would one-up that and say, when you wake up, do you ever wake up at 4 a.m. and you just didn't drink enough water before bed? And the taste of that first gulp.
Speaker 1: It's a great gulp. Mount Rushmore of gulps.
Speaker 2: Bigs. Water.
Speaker 1: There could be other gulps we won't mention.
Speaker 2: When you're nervous and you don't know what to say and you just gulp. It's a cartoon gulp. We'll think of the fourth gulp. So yeah, water is my number one pick. Dan, follow that. I did not have water on my list. I didn't think so. For my first pick, I'm going to go with the shopping cart. I love it. There was a time, and I did a little research on this because I got to thinking, what did grocery stores even look like before the shopping cart? And there was a time when our parents or grandparents were alive when shopping carts... We're not a thing. Time out.
Speaker 1: You did research on this?
Speaker 2: After picking the shopping cart, I wanted to be able to provide a little context on how the shopping cart changed our lives forever.
Speaker 1: Your Google is so confused with your searches. Okay, so what did they do?
Speaker 2: You gathered as much as you could, carrying your hands or the little hand basket. Have you ever tried to use the hand basket?
Speaker 1: You can't fit crap in there. Yeah, it fills quickly. The shopping cart's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some dude invented it in the 30s. And it didn't become big until like the 40s or 50s. And the crazy thing is it was so useful that it hasn't really changed in our entire lifetime.
Speaker 1: Size hasn't changed.
Speaker 2: No. You know what it is?
Speaker 1: I do say it's underrated because what would we do without it? But I will also say it can be a little bit of annoyance when you pick the wrong one, which I often do, especially at Target for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: One wheel is like. It's a little wobbly. Do you understand the technology? If someone is listening and can explain this to us in the comments, how they work so that if you get them past the parking lot, the wheels stop turning? Oh, yeah. Yeah. It's like an invisible fence. There's nothing digital in there. How does it do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. Do you ever go to Aldi? I have. You're aware at Aldi you need a quarter. To get bags? To get a shopping cart. It slides in and you need a quarter that pushes in the unlock and then when you return the cart you get your quarter back. I was once dating this woman who knew that I had an Aldi across the street and she was the nicest gift. She gave me this little pouch to just carry a quarter in my wallet so that anytime I went to Aldi I could I had the quarter on me already to get a shopping cart.
Speaker 1: I think shopping cart will never be mentioned to this degree ever again on this podcast, but I think we gave it its due justice.
Speaker 2: Can we, episode 49, shopping the shopping cart?
Speaker 1: I think we covered everything. I don't think there's anything left. Oh, by the way, on the East Coast, do you know what a shopping cart's called? It's called a carriage.
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah. Huh. Weird. You know what a drinking fountain's called in Wisconsin? Is it a bubbler like it is in East Coast? Oh, that's East Coast too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, East East Coast. I mean, Boston, like Western Mass.
Speaker 2: No, but East Coast. It was never my like vernacular because I grew up Michigan, but yeah, I heard that in college all the time. Okay.
Speaker 1: Snake draft with your number two pick.
Speaker 2: Crucial that we go snake so that we don't steal each other's. Just in case. I'm going to go in a different direction with my number two pick. I'm going to go with Hanson. The group? Yeah. Yeah. Zach Isaac and the other one? Yeah, and the other one. And let me tell you why. People think of them as a one-hit wonder. What do you think of when you hear Hanson? You think of Mbop. Everybody lumps them in with the manufactured boy bands from around that time. They were musicians. They all played instruments. They wrote their own music. They were extremely talented. And I feel like they were never given their due. They're just associated with Mbop. But they had like 10, 15 hits. And they toured and did covers, did their own takes on stuff. I mean, they... Oh, boy. Unpopular opinion. Uh-oh.
Speaker 1: Where's the Love is greater than Mbop.
Speaker 2: I agree with this. When's the last time we aligned on an unpopular opinion? I agree. I would put several songs ahead of Mbop. That definitely being one of them. What was the other? I Will Come to You. I Will Come to You was a little slow, a good one. Oh, Give a Little. You remember Give a Little? That came a few years later. Fantastic music video. Awesome song. Mbop's catchy, but... Where's Lo's Jam? That was so good.
Speaker 1: And crazy fan base to this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Still. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was on a radio station probably like four years ago, and we were giving away Hanson tickets.
Speaker 2: People went nuts.
Speaker 1: Like, wow, okay.
Speaker 2: They're one of those groups. I think of them a little bit like I think of Carly Rae Jepsen, where they're not... mass appeal but they're they have this like passionate fan base I mean you could probably throw Carly Rae you could probably make some of the similar arguments for her that I'm making for Hanson right now where like she's just associated with Call Me Maybe but she had a whole career and you know is a pretty gifted performer and songwriter as well but there you go I'm going with Hanson that's great good solid I like the music portion of your underrated things with my number two pick I'm gonna go with Shade.
Speaker 1: How good is shade? So underrated. I know like summer's great. You want to be in the sun, but sometimes the sun's too hot. You find a little bit of shade. How happy are you?
Speaker 2: Your, your, your two first two picks really go together. Well, can you imagine just being in the shade, gulping down water?
Speaker 1: Uh, this weekend, if you need me, I'll be in the shade drinking water. It's just shade. Like I said, a hot day. How about this? Overcast days. Those are great.
Speaker 2: You run.
Speaker 1: Aren't those great days? Because you're not just as hot and dying.
Speaker 2: It is nice. I play a lot of beach volleyball, and when the clouds come around and give us shade, it feels so nice. See? So underrated. And it's better for your skin. I mean, so many things. Shade. I thought you were, I was wondering at first when you said shade, are you going with physical shade or are you going with like giving someone shade?
Speaker 1: Mount Rushmore of shade is an actual shade.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shading somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A shade like for a lamp. Yeah. And then there's a, there's a shade, the band trampoline. Okay. Oh yeah. What?
Speaker 1: I just came up with Mount Rushmore's shade off the.
Speaker 2: Top of my head. There's a shade in Zelda, too, for our fellow video game dorks out there that I might put on my Mount Rushmore. But I don't know who I'd remove of those four because they're all great picks.
Speaker 1: Great shades. Okay, so Snake Draft, I go number three. Hmm, what direction do I want to go in here? I'm going to go food here. I'm going to go Chili's. Chips and salsa.
Speaker 2: Ooh, okay. So underrated. Not guac, chips and salsa. No, the salsa and the chip.
Speaker 1: The chip is a thin chip.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: It's crispy, and they really pour a whole bag of salt on.
Speaker 2: Them, which is great for your sodium take. They're not too oily, though. They're not? Because I don't love the thick, homemade... Chips at Mexican restaurants that taste like you're eating Nevada oil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you come back in the bag, the brown bag's completely soaked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your fingers are coated in oil.
Speaker 1: I mean, the thing about the Chili's chips and salsa, though, is you've got to go in with a plan because it's unlimited. And by the time, like, your dinner, you don't want to fill up on the chips and salsa.
Speaker 2: It's a problem. It's a problem. At a lot of Mexican restaurants is you have your whole plan for how you're going to split apps, get entrees, and then you eat seven bowls of chips. At El Mariachi, you and I always have that problem. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to go chilies, chips, and salsa with my number three pick.
Speaker 2: Solid. I think it's a solid pick. What do you got?
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with Daria. Daria, the MTV.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest, I don't think I've ever watched one episode of Daria.
Speaker 2: I feel like you would love Daria. She was all of it. I know all about it. Just like the deadpan sarcasm, really witty commentary.
Speaker 1: Cartoon. Cartoon.
Speaker 2: MTV, but always in the shadow of Beavis and Butthead and Real World. It was always like the afterthought behind whatever big phenomenon was airing on MTV at the time. It was also, like, kind of a big deal, I would argue, for, like, to have, like, a sarcastic deadpan, like, female lead on a cartoon targeted at, like, teenagers and adults was, like, a pretty novel thing at that time. Ah, yeah. And just, I think the writing was brilliant. I mean, I think it stands the test of time. I mean, this was, what, late 90s, 2000s, and it's still... I would guess.
Speaker 1: It was a little before that.
Speaker 2: It was a little earlier. Yeah, I would guess, like, mid-90s. No, you're right. You're right.
Speaker 1: But it probably lasted that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. I mean, I think a lot of the episodes probably stand the test of time today. But I don't think you ever, you don't hear it in pop culture. You still hear Beavis and, I mean, they're still making Beavis and Butthead again, but you still hear that referenced all the time. You still hear, you know, about Jersey Shore and, you know, all the MTV staples. You don't hear about Daria, but it was a really brilliantly written show.
Speaker 1: I'll have to go back and take a look at an episode. Yeah, check it out.
Speaker 2: What's your number? My fourth pick?
Speaker 1: Yep, fourth pick in the underrated things draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm going to go with Crash Test Dummies, not the band. The action.
Speaker 1: The actual physical dummy that tested the crashes.
Speaker 2: Because before crash test dummies, I assume the only way to test was to be like, well, they got in a crash and that person died. So clearly this seat is not safe. You're right. What took us so long? I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know what we should do? Just, you know, just wing it. Here's a car. If you crash, you might die.
Speaker 2: We don't know. We don't know. Would we have, like, analog brakes and airbags without crash test dummies? I don't know the answer, but I'm assuming it's probably no. It's a solid pick. I do want to shout out. by the crash test dummies which uh iconic is a yeah iconic one hit wonder um but those think about just the next time a car a feature of a car saves your life listeners out there i want you to think about how many dummies crash test sacrificed yeah sacrificed their lives so that technology could improve to save yours Just.
Speaker 1: While we're here, because I don't think this has come up ever again.
Speaker 2: Two things. Number one, I know what we're doing for Halloween now. Crash test moments.
Speaker 1: We have to have a fake car and crash in it.
Speaker 2: Or a real one. And number two, I.
Speaker 1: Remember there was a whole campaign. where they were like talking crash. Do you remember there was like talking type crash?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were ads, I think they were car ads, like maybe showing, or what would they have been an ad for? It had to have been for a car ad, like watch this. Or maybe it was just like a safety PSA. Yeah, like put your seatbelt on. Yeah, because it would show a crash, like video of a crash with a crash test dummy and show like what happened to it.
Speaker 1: We are so being crash test dummies for Halloween. I don't know if it'll top the Dumb and Dumber ones, but I mean, that's good. That is rich. Solid pick, Dan.
Speaker 2: There you go. Crash test dummies. I like the randomness that we're going with. Yeah, this is really all over the place.
Speaker 1: Dan, you threw me a curveball. I was like, no.
Speaker 2: The actual real... I hope our listeners popped an edible before hitting play on this episode. I think it would make it more fun.
Speaker 1: Now, I would say the band Crash Testummies probably don't think the real Crash Testummies are underrated because they got their name from them.
Speaker 2: They were a tribute to them, I assume. I don't know what the history was of them choosing their name. Which came first? Definitely. Okay. We have six each, right? Yeah. You're on four now? Oh, boy. All right. Oh, geez.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to see if here for, for, for, I'm going to go with, uh, the hang with the boys on the wedding day. Like right before you get married or right before somebody gets.
Speaker 2: Married, it's like wedding party or the wedding party all hangs out in the room. And like, there's just stories being told and everybody's like kind of nervous.
Speaker 1: There's some energy and then there's some drinks involved. and somebody brings snacks. It's just like a cool hang.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been a part of that? Yeah. Oh, I have. Several times. There's so much love in the room, too, in a way that is different than most non-wedding bro hangs.
Speaker 1: Bro hangs, yeah. It's not the bachelor party.
Speaker 2: Right, right.
Speaker 1: It's not the reception.
Speaker 2: It's somewhere in between, right? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but everybody's getting dressed, and you're putting on, your friend's helping you with a bow tie, and I just feel like it's a very underrated thing hang because back in the day you know you'd be like remember.
Speaker 2: That time we went to that party remember that club we went to nobody says remember the three hours we spent hanging out before the wedding.
Speaker 1: Eating subs drinking bud lights before you got married nobody talks about that i just feel like it's an underrated guy.
Speaker 2: Hang yeah that's solid mount rushmore of guy hangs oh god Uh, Vegas, Vegas is a good one.
Speaker 1: Bachelor parties up there. That's the, that's the George Washington.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Poker night. I like that. Poker night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's a good hang.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay. Uh, Superbowl. I mean, that's usually mixed company. Yeah. That's co-ed. I would say. Uh, yeah, I think there's, I think, I think we nailed it. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's my pick for number four underrated things. Number five.
Speaker 2: Let's go with, uh, okay.
Speaker 1: So you, you, you did a music one with Hanson. I'm going to go with music. Um, The song, Finally, by CeCe Penniston.
Speaker 2: Okay. You and I don't think it's underrated, but I think the world does. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It had a good run.
Speaker 2: Right. You don't hear about it as much. I feel like, for some reason in my head, I associated that with Rob and S, Show Me Love. Yeah. But that one, you still hear everywhere all the time. You do. Finally, you really don't. You don't.
Speaker 1: How, like, you're driving and you're like, oh, you just got some bad news. That song comes on. Good mood. Impossible not to have a fun time singing.
Speaker 2: Finally it has happened to me. Right in front of my face. What's the next line? What's the, my villains. I never knew what those words were. That one? Yeah, CeCe Penniston. Shout out to CeCe Penniston.
Speaker 1: I know you're watching. Brady, one more time. Your song finally.
Speaker 2: Come on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it made her a billion dollars, but still it's underrated for me. So that's my.
Speaker 2: Great classic pick.
Speaker 1: That's my song pick for number five for the draft. Yeah, you got to get some music in there. So you got number five and number six.
Speaker 2: Okay. With my fifth pick in the underrated things draft, I'm going to go with a reminder that I grew up in Michigan as a Pistons fan. I'm going to go with Grant Hill. Grant Hill.
Speaker 1: Great pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great player.
Speaker 2: I think he's mostly remembered for like having injuries derail his career, but he had a hell of a career. I mean, he was a seven time all-star and not seven in a row. Like it was spread across like, I want to say 12, 15 years. He was before the injury started. He was, there were Jordan comparisons. He was, he's obviously not in that stratosphere, but there was talk of him getting into that stratosphere early in his career. You know, he won titles. He's a great broadcaster now. Love his work. Yeah. So I'm going to go with Grant Hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that pick.
Speaker 2: Duke.
Speaker 1: Alam?
Speaker 2: Yes. Duke Alam? Unfortunately. Because you're not yet. I'm not a fan of that part, but that's okay. That's right. But yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: He came in and everybody was like oohing and aahing. He's going to be the next big thing. There was a time period, I would say, where you couldn't turn left or right without seeing somebody wearing a grand jersey.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: With the old school Pistons, like the early 2000s or late 90s?
Speaker 2: I have a signed Grant Hill jersey that I should probably dig out from my storage and figure out how much it's worth from some contest I won ages ago in Michigan.
Speaker 1: From what I remember correctly, he filled the stat sheet, right? He was a little bit.
Speaker 2: He was all everything, despite not dominating height-wise.
Speaker 1: You would happen to know. Did he win a championship?
Speaker 2: He did. He won a with the Pistons, right? Oh, was that in that era? Yeah. Like the Rip Hamilton era? Okay, Chauncey Billups. Oh, I lied, he didn't. Instant fact checkers. You know what?
Speaker 1: That just proves your point on him being underrated.
Speaker 2: He won two NCAA titles at Duke. That's enough. That may be what I was thinking of. And he won, he was on the Dream Team. The 96 Dream Team that we've talked about on this show.
Speaker 1: 96, but that wasn't the Dream Team. That was part two.
Speaker 2: That was the second Dream Team, right? 92, yeah. So were they really the Dream Team? Yeah, they were still called the Dream Team. Well, then why is it?
Speaker 1: No, because the Dream Team is one. So they would have to be the Dream Team Two.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Like Roman numeral two.
Speaker 1: If it was the Dream Teams, nobody says that. Let's call them the Dream Team Two.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Because you can't. The 92 team was just stupid.
Speaker 2: That's fair. Okay. That's fair. But didn't they dominate just as much in 96? 96 was so good. 96 was so good. And 2000, they destroyed everyone, right?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know, but I'm going to say they probably didn't lose for like a 16-year period until the world caught up.
Speaker 2: It took a minute.
Speaker 1: But we invented basketball, so that makes sense.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Your last pick. Okay. This is it.
Speaker 1: Closing out the draft for Dan. Most underrated things draft.
Speaker 2: With my sixth and final pick. Yeah. Helped us avoid cuts on our hand. The twist off bottle cap. Okay. Have you ever picked up like a beer or a root beer and thought it was twist off? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why is that underrated? That hurts. Do you know what underrated means? Walk me through this, Dan.
Speaker 2: Point being, you don't always have a bottle open on you. You've injured yourself at some point trying to open a bottle that didn't have a twist, right?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're saying the non-twist. No, I'm saying the twist-up. The invention to.
Speaker 2: Allow us to take... a glass can and be able to just twist it. I never understood why there was a need to have this thing sealed on because also once you pop a top off a beer, you can't really put it back on. Yeah. Like if I want to have a few sips of beer and then, but I don't know why mini golf just came in my head. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It actually sounds awesome. Playing on a mini golf, I can't put a top on it. I have a solution for that. Drink the damn beer.
Speaker 2: The whole beer? Yes, the whole beer. All right, that's a fair point.
Speaker 1: Also, did you not know the trick? Like, did you not learn in college? I've done the trick.
Speaker 2: I did the trick at a pool party last week. I can still do the trick. But still. But it's risky. Sometimes you do the trick and you have broken glass everywhere.
Speaker 1: But you're right. It's less and less you see those non-twist-off bottle openers. But back in the day, we started to get creative. I remember a friend who had a bottle opener under his flip-flop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You go to the beach. The keychain bottle opener. The fridge magnet bottle opener. So many. They're everywhere. But sometimes you're like at the beach and if you don't have one on you, there's like, what are you going to do on the beach? You can try to use your keys. I've had, we've all had this. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But your hand hurts if you don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Or you cut yourself on glass. And then finally someone said, stop the madness. I'm going to build something that looks the exact same way, makes a seal just as well, but you can just twist it right off. And then if you want a few sips, twist it right on, play hole three of your mini golf course, and then twist it back off. Get through the hippo, twist it off, have another sip, you can. Okay.
Speaker 1: I will play devil's advocate here.
Speaker 2: Uh-oh.
Speaker 1: No, love the twist off. Very convenient for any situation, wherever you.
Speaker 2: Are in the world. However.
Speaker 1: Something about the taste of a non-twist-off versus a twist-off. Because I'm picturing a plastic bottle of Diet Coke. And the glass bottle feels like it tastes different. See, I agree with you, but I think you're making the wrong point. I agree that there's a difference between the glass bottle and the plastic bottle. I don't think it's a twist-off that's the difference.
Speaker 2: I think it's the bottle. It's the bottle. That's... That's my assessment. You know what?
Speaker 1: We'll have a chemist on.
Speaker 2: A good root beer. A good glass root beer with a twist off.
Speaker 1: Better than a can.
Speaker 2: So much better than a can or a bottle. Even though it's twist off. I don't think it's the top. I think it's the can. Do you dabble in Diet Coke ever? Oh, yeah. Cans of Diet Coke are the best.
Speaker 1: A nice crisp. A nice cold crisp.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay. So Diet Coke can over bottle, right? Okay. Beer can or bottle?
Speaker 1: I think it depends on the beer. Like if it's like an IPA, like a tall guy, like a beer hug, that can is good. But if it's a bottle, no, I'm going to say, I think it's can these days. I'm trying to think of a bottle. And the first thing that pops into my head is Rolling Rock or Heineken.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: From the green beer family, Mount Rushmore of green beers. I think I'm going to go can.
Speaker 2: How about you? I think I go bottle for beer. Yeah. Yeah. What about root beer?
Speaker 1: I mean, the way you so epically described root beer, it's got to be bottled.
Speaker 2: I think root beer is bottled. Is that what you brought to the party that we were at? Yes. As you know, I'm not drinking as much as I used to, so I like to bring either the Mexican Cokes or the Mexican little... Orange drinks are the root beers a lot of the time at parties. Yeah, those were legit. Well, Dan, I am impressed with your list. You've got one more to give us. Right now, I'm about to take the lead. My team is going to dominate. Save the best for last? No. I'm going to go.
Speaker 1: And maybe this is a Chicago thing. Oh, boy. Especially because we're Cubs fans.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with the bathroom stall.
Speaker 2: The stall? The stall. Like, as opposed to a trough or a urinal? A trough or a urinal.
Speaker 1: Nothing is worse than being in a crowded men's space and you gotta pee and then all of a sudden there's a guy standing right next to you, your arms are touching, and then... It takes a minute.
Speaker 2: This is your worst. I could not disagree with you more. The stall is so good. This is the most I disagreed with anything you've ever said on this podcast. The stall is so good.
Speaker 1: You have your privacy. You do your thing. You're not touching other bodies while you're peeing.
Speaker 2: It's so inefficient at a big event with lots of people because with the trough or the urinal, you're just funneling in.
Speaker 1: People's pee are splashing on you.
Speaker 2: If there's like 30 urinals and a line of 100 people, the stalls take forever.
Speaker 1: What we need to do, and this is simple.
Speaker 2: Okay. They do this in other countries. everything's a stall. So you have just as many urinals, but they're stalls. It's not that difficult. There, there's, there can't be as many cause you can stack urinals. I mean, I agree with you. Like you can just have more of them lined up. Like if we look at this studio, I don't need a whole entire, you can have like three stalls against this wall. You could have like eight urinals. I don't need a whole entire box. I need just like a, you need to spread your legs. I don't even need to do that. I need, just need to like a little, I need a little, little, little barrier, just a tiny barrier. I don't want them peeing on me. I don't want to touch bodies. All of our female listeners have tuned out by this point. I think they're interested. I know. I could not disagree more. You enjoy peeing right next to a stranger. That's your favorite thing. Enjoy it, but it's efficient. If I'm at a football game and I got to pee, I want that to take as little time as possible. Here's the problem. Some people have stage fright. How efficient is that? if you have your own space, I'm ready to go. I'm peeing while I'm walking up. Yeah. Just figure it out. Push harder. Oh, that's not good. Don't do that. I do like the setup with the, the small stalls with the sinks in the middle so that like you have a common area and you can like, I, I down which stall opens up first.
Speaker 1: First of all, if it's a trough, I'm holding it. Like, I don't like, that's not troughs.
Speaker 2: Fine. It trough gets too much crap. It's fine. It gets too much. A men pee on me.
Speaker 1: Uh, and then, uh, The perfect world, I'm doing a barrier, barrier, barrier, and then, speaking of efficiency, a couple more sinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair. A couple more sinks. I'm with you on that. That could be holding things up, too. Urinals have barriers. The urinals here have barriers.
Speaker 1: But not everywhere, is my point. It needs to be a common thing.
Speaker 2: Okay. I can get on board with barriers between urinals way more than I can get on board with stalls being underrated.
Speaker 1: If you can guess my favorite public place to go to the bathroom... A tree. I will play in the shade after I drink so much water.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize how well yours all fit together.
Speaker 1: I will play you the Flintstone Vitamins.
Speaker 2: Oh, God. So favorite, it's a store. It's a store.
Speaker 1: One would shop there for a bunch of miscellaneous things.
Speaker 2: Target? Target? Flintstones. America's favorite. I really was too early on the drop there. We learned a lot today. Wait, do we want to recap?
Speaker 1: No, this is educational. Sorry, Bella, there's going to be a lot of editing for you. We love you, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the best....
Speaker 1: Draft I think you'll ever hear in your entire.
Speaker 2: Life so thanks for listening and watching we really covered a lot of ground today we did go watch some Daria also didn't make my cut but honorable mention the show Step by Step great pick I don't know borderline if it's underrated but great show.
Speaker 1: Out of all the TGIFs and Pink Starburst which again I don't think that's underrated I think everybody likes the pink one.
Speaker 2: That pink's the pink it's only the only competition is red alright till next time you can follow us at Brady one more time on literally everything And we will have another titillating conversation about something completely random next week.