Speaker 1: Stories we love.
Speaker 2: All right, So some new celebrity torch bearers for the Olympics have been revealed. I think I think it's very.
Speaker 3: Interesting how and who they choose to either bear the torches or the flag bears at Selma Hayak has carried is going to carry the torch. Snoop Dogg is another name. What are you gonna say so much? I know it's random. Snoop Dogg and Selma Hyak two very random people set to carry the Olympic torch ahead of the big sporting event. Actually, Hayak has already carried the torch to the Versailles Palace. Snoop is going to carry it on Friday to the Olympic village that houses the athletes and they join about eleven thousand people in the past, I'm sorry for this event, who were chosen to carry the torch across France. Eleven thousand people have carried it for this Olympics. They started it way back on May eighth. That's going to the opening ceremony which is Friday the twenty sixth. Other famous people who are involved in this, Michael Phelps, Lebron James was just named as one of the flag bears previously halle Berry, the Prince Prince Albert, and Princess Charlotte of Monaco. Everybody's getting in on doing this, and I think it's cool hot that they just randomly could pick anybody and ask anybody to participate.
Speaker 4: I heard that Marcel Marceau is going to carry the flag for the French.
Speaker 2: Do you know that is the mime? Stop those are wrong with.
Speaker 4: You, by the way, Marcel Moseau he passed away in two thousand and seven, Okay, but they do got to do some sort of tribute to the mime in France, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess that's kind of where it started, right I guess.
Speaker 4: So, I don't know. I just remember the most favor They name another mime there.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't name the mime's name, but I follow a mime on Instagram who performs its SeaWorld.
Speaker 2: No, he's hilarious. He's hilarious.
Speaker 3: He's part of like the the and entertainment before the Waters Show starts.
Speaker 4: Seeing a Mine is like one step below disc jockey on the entertainment.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying he's highly regarded to say, he's real funny enough that I watch every one of his videos.
Speaker 2: He kind of messes with the crowd.
Speaker 4: God, that's quite a shot if you could name without looking it up. One other famous mind? No text us all right? Seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. I don't think anybody can do it.
Speaker 2: Look up the Sea World mind. That's the only when I am world.
Speaker 1: Mind. You don't even know his name?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I don't know his name out.
Speaker 1: Sea World mind?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you looking it up right now?
Speaker 1: Painted face and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, painted flate face, black and white striped shirt. As people are coming in and getting their seats, his name, can I screws with them a little bit?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You found his name?
Speaker 1: Tom? Oh Tom, that's it Tom, the Sea World Mine.
Speaker 2: That's his title.
Speaker 1: Fired after thirty six years.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know. It's a sad story. They're still running some of his videos though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Not what I was expecting.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Well, we're off to Lucy Gusey start today, aren't we. Yeah, that's the story we love and I just mined.
Speaker 1: On the Sander Show.
Speaker 4: This is the Sandy Show, brought to you by our bank. We're transitioning from your bank to our bank. Is a Breeze. For more information, go to www dot r dot bank remember at THEIC. All right, for all of you Deadpool Wolverine fans, tonight tonight this is it yeah big time and join us with his T shirt on our good friend from at thunder Pop TV. Find him on Instagram and on YouTube. He produces some great content. His name is Stephen Presley and we're gonna talk Wolverine, Deadpool and Wolverine. I'm not in this world, so help me.
Speaker 1: Out, okay, absolutely, Yeah, the day is far arrive.
Speaker 5: We've been waiting and talking about this for months, uh if not over a year when the first trailer dropped t or teaser dropped.
Speaker 1: So here we are.
Speaker 2: It's coming out today.
Speaker 5: I've talked to some people already that have seen this film that went to the New York premiere, got a little bit of information on it. I'm not going to give any spoilers away, obviously, we don't want to ruin it because we know somee people are going to be seeing this in a couple of hours even it starts uh screening and uh you know here a few hours. So one of the things I've heard is that this movie is going to pay a lot of fans service. If you are in that world, the Marvel world, and you've been in that Marvel world for a while, I hear you're gonna love what they've done with this movie and how they've connected to the MCU if you weren't a part of this world in the past. There's a chance it might be a little bit overreach on some of the fan services. What I've heard surprisingly, uh, one of the see.
Speaker 1: When you say fan service, what does that mean?
Speaker 5: Lots of easter eggs, like things that were planted in there from previous films, cameos from characters that people would recognize that they had been following the Marvel universe for a while, things like that, and also connected to story story arcs from the other movies.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that's fun, that's cool. So yeah, people will like little surprises when they're watching it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, on the good side of that, where there's there's some people suggesting that maybe there's a little bit of overreach on the fan service. On the good side of that, if you are a Marvel fan and maybe you've been a little lukewarm on recent Marvel movies, they said, this film will get you excited for what's upcoming in the Marvel universe. Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people seem to be getting a little burnt out on them. Either they're putting too much out or it's just over overwhelming for some people, or.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're just not satisfied yet.
Speaker 4: I mean they're like, I'm ready to be satisfied, you know what I mean by that.
Speaker 1: Like you're watching a movie.
Speaker 4: I don't need it leading to something else, right, I just wanted to end and I want to feel full.
Speaker 1: Yeah, feel happy.
Speaker 3: Stop leaving him as cliphangers and answered questions that you don't get until you watch that.
Speaker 4: I feel like the streaming world has done this to us with the series, the episodic streaming shows. They've just left us un fulfilled satisfaction.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what it feels like. But it's like daytime soaps. Yeah, yes, did you watch.
Speaker 5: Sark Shadows daytime? I have not seen it. No, Mom watched daytime soaps as a kid. We watched CBS daytime because we didn't have cable, so I got roped in to watch the soaps in the summertime. So I know soaps, And that's kind of what these feel like sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just make it a story, just make it one story beginning and end and you leave and you're like, that was great.
Speaker 4: Oh. I thought Luke and Laard never get married. And it was such a whipping general hospital.
Speaker 1: Remember that, I thought those two.
Speaker 4: And I remember watching Luke and Laura and looking at oh ugly, thinking Laurie so much better and.
Speaker 1: He was a scumbago.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was way into everybody was weren't they general Hospital?
Speaker 1: That's a big deal. I think they still getting People magazine.
Speaker 2: How was the Days of Our Lives? Girl?
Speaker 1: Oh? You were snooty?
Speaker 2: Is that snooty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was high brow stuff. Dark Shadows was like reruns in the seventies. I think it was like an old vampire thing. I think, hey, Steven, thanks for joining us. Can you can you come back tomorrow and visit with us some more because the movie's coming out today. We'll talk a little bit more Dead Pull and Wolverine tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Is that cool?
Speaker 4: I'd love to do it. I'll have my claws on Follow Stephen on Instagram at thunder Pop tv. YouTube is the same handle at thunder Pop TV. Stick around. We've got more coming up. Do what I just realized I've been driving for forty years.
Speaker 2: Forty forty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forty I'm thirty seven, thirty seven years.
Speaker 4: I bet you I haven't had a car accident or a thinder bender of any kind and that involved another vehicle.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was about to say that. Den side of your car says otherwise.
Speaker 4: That involved another vehicle. I bet it's I can tell you nineteen ninety seven, I rear ended someone driving home from a Super Bowl party.
Speaker 3: Really yep, mine's been like twenty years and it was like three days after I.
Speaker 2: Got my new car.
Speaker 3: I rolled up in behind rear ended somebody in traffic on the way to work.
Speaker 1: Remember when you wrecked my Porsche?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was not great. That was that was not really great.
Speaker 3: It's an amazing story which we're not going to go into now, but I mean I was like an indy car driver when it happened. Yeah, the way I recovered and kept going still wrecked my Porsche.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a real bad part of the whole thing.
Speaker 4: But hmm, yeah, it's kind of a lame Porsche. Really, yeah, I mean it wasn't a good it was a cheap Porsch. It's about to dry still purse. It's all right, So let's talk about the common mistakes that new drivers make.
Speaker 3: This is according to driving instructors, which, by the way, I might have to pass our child off to an actual driving instructor during this process. Here are the mistakes they see most often with new drivers. Number one, not paying close enough attention in traffic, like not looking at what's ahead on the highway, only having tunnel vision to the car that's right in front of you.
Speaker 2: Right, you have to look ahead.
Speaker 1: I eyes have to be scanning and ahead.
Speaker 2: Very important.
Speaker 3: That that's how she accidentally ran over dead squirrel when we're having a lesson the other day.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was very not paying attention. The other one not checking blind spots.
Speaker 3: Even though new cars have these sensors, you still have to look and make sure before you change lanes.
Speaker 2: You have to physically look.
Speaker 4: There's nothing worse than when someone's in your blind spot. You don't know what, You try to change lanes and they lay on the horn at you. Oh that's terrible when.
Speaker 2: They've just like parked in your blind spot.
Speaker 1: That makes me so mad.
Speaker 2: Another one rolling through stop signs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell Andre, Look, you know, here's.
Speaker 2: What people may not know.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to stop at or before the white line, and then you inch forward to see. Yeah, new drivers tend to stop after the line. You stop at the line and then slowly inch forward. People make four way stops sandy way harder than they have to be. It's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's a field game. Really, you get there first, you go.
Speaker 3: If not to the right, the four way stop is not the place to be polite and let somebody go before you know you go with your turn, or else you throw.
Speaker 2: The whole thing up.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you another thing that's not polite to do. If you're polite enough to let somebody out one car in, that's second car, better not try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, you got one car in. Yes, And that said don't let.
Speaker 4: Everybody in, right, But I'm just saying, sometimes the second car tries to take advantage of your generosity.
Speaker 3: But some people are too nice and the luck car after carfter car, and the people behind you freak out.
Speaker 1: And here's another thing.
Speaker 4: People, when you're driving, even on a busy highway, when you're driving slower than the flow of traffic, and people can't get like if someone's behind you and can't get by you, what you don't realize is that you're letting all these other people in front of you, you know what I mean, and they're just you're making your trip longer. Like I honked at someone the other day that was doing forty five and a sixty five and heavy on a busy highway.
Speaker 1: And they looked at me like, where am I going to go? Where are you going? I'm like, you're just letting all these people in front of you go home.
Speaker 3: Over, yeah, move over, always move over to somebody behind you is wanting to go faster. Another one a problem with new drivers, according to driving instructors, tailgating. Everybody does that, and finally signaling too late or too early.
Speaker 4: All right, there you go, stick around. We got more coming up on what OL three point one Austin. I'm not going to lie to you people. I had no idea that there even was an Austin City Women's Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I don't think either.
Speaker 1: I had no idea that there was such one.
Speaker 4: Apparently there is one, and they're trying to talking about inducting someone and everybody's like, whoa, whoa, whoa Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some of the country music fans are bitterly divided over news. Sandy that Garth Brooks is going to be inducted into Austin City Limits Hall of Fame Garth Brooks. Last week, they announced it's going to be honoring Garth through sixty two at the upcoming fiftieth anniversary celebration, which is happening in September, and a lot of musicians and supporters are ecstatic. Other people are like, what the hell, what connection is Garth brook hev to Austin?
Speaker 1: What next?
Speaker 4: Are you going to put Barry Switzer into the Texas Football Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Right, He's an Oklahoma guy, has no connection to Austin. Big star, big talented, great guy, cries all the time.
Speaker 1: Good guy. Yeah, don't get me wrong. Yeah, but I don't think he belongs in that Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if they're.
Speaker 3: Just people that have played the show basically played here because he's so big. One reporter was saying that it's just an attempt to draw attention to the show to appease corporate sponsors.
Speaker 1: They're right, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, who doesn't love Garth Brooks. I just don't see the Austin connection.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're gonna put Garth Brooks in before the King of Sixth Street. For those of you that got that, yeh, you're laughing. Yes, for those of you that have been here long enough, you're laughing. Yes, you know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna tell the people who don't know?
Speaker 4: The people that don't Okay? The King of Sixth Street was a one of those Austin characters that was around forever, that him and his electric guitar on the street on Sixth Street.
Speaker 1: And he wore a.
Speaker 4: Crown, not a Burger king crown, I mean like a flavor flave crown. And he would sit there at sparkle jacket, always well dressed, well dressed and a tie. And he would sit there and play his guitar and sing and take tips. And he was there for twenty something years. King of Sixth Street was his name. Not I let me know what his real name was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he passed really maybe, so I don't seem anymore. Maybe so.
Speaker 3: All I know is that it seems like Austin City Limits Hall of Fame should be reserved for performers from Austin, Texas pertinent to Austin, the Austin music scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. Guy Forsyth in there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He's and Garth Brooks has been on a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean that's it. Yeah, I'm with you. I love you, Garth. But I will veto are you going to vote?
Speaker 3: You're putting in your vote, casting your vote that no one asked for.
Speaker 1: You veto. I'll make some phone calls and tell them, okay, all right, take care, listen or.
Speaker 4: Take my call. But I just I'm one of those people that I just want my voice heard. Oh is that the most annoying person?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Hey.
Speaker 4: You know a little bit ago we were talking about mistakes that newcomers driving make. Yeah, it's a it's not a mistake, but it's is fun and it's not real nice.
Speaker 1: And I do it. And I did it yesterday.
Speaker 2: You squirted.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the best.
Speaker 4: Someone was on my butt on one eight three, on my butt and I wasn't in the left lane.
Speaker 1: I saw it. It was a white bulbo s s u V. I let them have it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they I hit that windshill washer fluid and it hit theirs, and I saw their wipers go, and as soon as they stopped their wipers, I hit them again.
Speaker 1: Yes I did.
Speaker 2: I wanted my back off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I wonder sometimes if people get the connection between tailgating and when we squirt them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I and I pretended like I was flying an F eighteen and I was like deploying flares. Yeah, I deployed my flares on the missiles switching. So if that was you and the white Vulvo that got it, I am not apologizer.
Speaker 1: I will not do that. Boy. There's so much satisfaction in that, I know.
Speaker 2: And it's the most like benign move. It's just just water, just squirting it on it. It makes people mad though, so passive aggressive too, I know, but I love it. That's what's great about it.
Speaker 1: I do too. Don't forget, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Download the Sandy Show podcast are Our downloads are really growing a lot, and I want more people to download it.
Speaker 2: Okay, he will never it will never be enough.
Speaker 1: No, but there's a number we're getting close to. I don't want to say the number.
Speaker 4: It's one of those landmark numbers for you for me that like we're onto something we're now, it's it's it's a big number.
Speaker 1: But we're just about there.
Speaker 2: That's exciting. I would like to know the number at some point.
Speaker 1: One zillion.
Speaker 2: Oh, that is a good number.
Speaker 1: Zillion never been hit before.