Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Celebrate the American way and perfect creative kind of way to do it. It turns out in the big Beautiful Bill, and we've talked about it more broadly and we will some more. There is forty million dollars to kick off. Now it'll cost a lot more than that in the end. But this garden of American Heroes that President Trumps has wanted for a long time, and I think he's right to or they're going to be two hundred and fifty life size statues and then you'll get the full story regarding the individuals, if you know you're a kid or any of us wandering through this garden in DC, two hundred and fifty American heroes, because I mean, you can only have so many big heads in Mount Rushmore, right, Mount Mount Rushmore, as they say in English, is awesome. But that's led to the conversation of a Colorado Garden of Heroes, a Garden of Colorado Heroes, whose life size statues would you want there? Ed, We're gonna have a hero from the pro life movement join us in a minute as well. But our lines are in fuego on this. I'm gonna fly through and find out who people want in the Colorado Garden of Heroes.
Speaker 2: James and you go, you go, my friend.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You've never heard that before, seven and eighteen times. Yeah, right, I would nominate I believe it was Lieutenant Silas Sewell, who was a part of Shovington's the soldiers who went down to the Sand Creek massacre, and Lieutenant Sewell.
Speaker 4: Held his men.
Speaker 3: No motionless and would not take part in the massacre when the hearing was held in Denver. After that the whatever it was, after he testified, he was ambushed and killed in Denver. And I think that he took a very principal stand, and I would nominate his name.
Speaker 1: Hey, you go, I'm sorry, James, and you go, thank you for that. I'm going to look him up during the break. I didn't know that story. Thank you, man, appreciate that. I wonder is that who Sewell Hall is named after? On CU I don't know, might just be a donor. But I'm going to look that up during the break. Larry and Thornton. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Hello, Dan. I didn't know if you had seen the item on TV four or five nights ago. They said that Trump had submitted a different portrait, yes, since he didn't like the one that Colorado.
Speaker 2: Had understandably, Well, did you see that?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, Well, it looked to me like somebody had taken his mugshot and converted the color to atrocious colors, reds and orison made it look like an angry I don't know somebody, but I cannot believe that was really true. I think that's got to be fake.
Speaker 1: Interesting and Larry, my understanding was the President approved of the new one and he liked that look, but appreciate the call. Would you agree with me the old one that had to go?
Speaker 2: That just wasn't anything.
Speaker 5: Well, it didn't really even look like resemblance. No, it looked Moss. It looked more like the guy that plays Trump on Saturday Night Lost.
Speaker 1: Trump well said, well, said thank you Elaine in Denver. You're on the Dan Kapla s.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Hi there, Dan, my suggestion for a garden of heroes. Do you remember back when they had Daddy Bruce Randall.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, yes, yes, he should be there. Great suggestion.
Speaker 6: He had so many free Thanksgiving dinner, yes, that he prepared, not just for the homeless, but for anybody, anybody, even I could go down there and if I wanted to, And I always wanted to volunteer downtown with him, but I never did. And then he passed on. I don't know if he had anybody take over for that, yeah situation or not. I don't know if he had kids. And I think Dan, they may have named the street after him.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did, But you are one hundred percent right a lane, and thank you for that. Yet, Daddy Bruce Randolph, he should be in that Garden of heroes. And if you're new to the state, you don't know the name. See that's why we need a garden of Heroes, just like Trump is now doing through the Big Beautiful Bill, because these are people who need to be remembered for what they did individually, but also what they symbolize and represent and the best of us and what we want to let our kids know what it is we value.
Speaker 2: Speaking of a hero.
Speaker 1: This woman is a tremendous hero the civil rights issue of our day, which is life and the right to life. Doctor Catherine Willer used to be an abortionist. She used to perform abortions, and now she saves babies and those are the ultimate heroes of this movement. But she joins us each week to talk about medicine, you know, as a physician, to talk about medical issues relating to abortion. And today, given the South Carolina decision which allowed that state, as you know by nowicing no, we're not funding abortion, you know, through a medicaid program. Wanted to get the doctor's take on whether this decrease of government funding of planned paranoide, which is also through the Big Beautiful Bill, will affect the safety net of essential women's healthcare. This from a medical perspective, Doctor, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 7: Hello Dan, thanks for having me back and thanks for letting me talk about this. And I heard you talking about it last week and saw a lot in the news these claims that unless Planned Parenthood has government funding in places like South Carolina and across the country, that people who are at risk, low income people will not be able to access care adequately. So I mean, is that really true? So three primary things I would think of. First of all, South Carolina had a right to not fund Planned Parenthood because they have a law that they they don't use public funds to go to abortion providers. And of course, funds going to Planned Parenthood are fungible, so even if it does not directly pay for an abortion, it can be used for any of their other operating expenses, which frees them up for their primary mission, which really is abortion and advocacy, So they're really subsidizing abortion. Secondly, Planned Parenthood likes to say that they're a medical provider of all kinds of healthcare services, not just for women but for men, and they're doing a lot of gender care now, but really they're primarily an abortion provider. So when you look at their annual report, and the last one that I saw was twenty two to twenty three, what they do is they count individual services that they provide and they count them as equal value, no matter what their revenue is. So for example, a woman comes in primarily for an abortion, and so they don't count that as one visit. They count every single thing they do for her separately, So a pregnancy test, medication, for coming, that's the infection screening, her exam, her counseling, contraception for afterwards or perhaps near and then the abortion, and they count them as you goal value, So she may get eight or ten services, and the abortion may bring in revenue of five hundred and eighty dollars average if it's a drug, two thousand average if it's surgery. But everything there is counted as equal value, and so it's greatly diluted. So when they say four percent of what they do is abortion, very twisted numbers.
Speaker 1: But doesn't that tell you something, doctor, Doesn't it tell you that even Planned Parenthood is embarrassed that they do these abortions. Right, And just like the core terminology of the big abortion movement, which is that they don't even want to use the word abortion anymore. They've got to call it something else because so many people have seen ultrasounds now they get it that abortion is the taking of an instant human life. So they have to call it reproductive health care or something else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they do disccount that that's really the primary thing they do. They want to be seen as healthcare providers. But we've talked about this. This is not healthcare because it ends a patient's life and it doesn't promote health obviously. You know the other part of this is women have better options for care. So plant period does not do comprehensive care if she wants to continue her pregnancy, they don't do prenatal care, they don't do primary care, ongoing primary care, they refer for all of that. In fact, less than one percent of the paps and you'res done in the United States are done the planned parenthoods. So we're not going to miss them. If they're not providing that service, where will people go. Well, we've got federally qualified health centers outnumber planned parenthood fifteen to one. In the fact, one in ten Americans access that, and they do provide all of the comprehensive primary healthcare for low income and vulnerable under serve populations. So no, we're not going to have people not being able to access care. There is the ability to get really excellent, high quality, comprehensive care, truly comprehensive healthcare in other ways that planned parenthood is actually not really providing.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: And obviously, you know, coming from your medical perspective, it carries even more weight with folks, as each of these segments do right, because I'm just a firm believer the truth will set us free, including from the scourge of abortion. And the more people who know the true medical facts when it comes to this that the more people who are going to shift toward life. So thank you, doctor, and any big independence state plans.
Speaker 7: Well, I will be going to Woodland Park.
Speaker 2: Nice. Nice, That's it's beautiful up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna have a blast. It's our thirty first anniversary today. And assuming she's still there when I get home, and I expect, yes, Yeah, our boys coming in tonight, our boys coming in tonight from his job in DC. And our daughter who's was out in the trial prep trip with me because she's on our trial team, is coming home.
Speaker 2: We're all going to be together.
Speaker 1: And as everybody knows, that's nirvana, right when you got the crew together.
Speaker 7: Oh, isn't that true? Well, I hope you have just the most wonderful fourth of July.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, we will you take care.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's doctor Catherine Wheeler, and sure appreciate her time this week. And it's it's a really cool thing about the pro life movement. And I've been privileged to have a very very very small part in it for many, many decades because my mom I considered to be one of the founders of the movement after Roe back on the South Side of Chicago. But anyway, within this movement, you know, the ultimate heroes my perception, I think almost everybody'd say the same thing are the women who've had abortions and then help save other lives and other women from abortions. And the doctors who used to perform abortions like our last guest, and then say no, this is wrong and we need to go out and save lives. Hey, when we come back, the President, he's getting the American Garden of Heroes in the big beautiful bill. Who should be in a Colorado Garden of Heroes? You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 8: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 9: Now the most important vote of this Congress, and I think this may be the most important vote that any of us take in our entire lifetimes. And everybody better remember it. However you vote today, my friends, the President of the United States is waiting with his pen. The American people are waiting for this relief. We've heard enough talk it's time for action. Let's finish the job for him.
Speaker 4: Vote yes on the bill that was pretty well done and they did so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really impressed with Speaker Johnson.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I talk with you about that when I had the privilege of interviewing in one on one and just came away thinking, Yeah, no, this this guy, I mean just absolutely brilliant and tough and principled and yeah, and he has risen to that position. And my goodness, I mean, think about all the good things that says to America on a conscious direct but also an implicit kind of level, about the competence and the unity and the coherence of the GOP that they were able to pull this off. And whether somebody likes everything that's in the bill or doesn't urse a mix, the fact that GOP was able to keep these slim majorities together and get this bill passed. That is a testament to leadership. It's a testament to unity and to the ability to get things done. And again, I don't claim to be an expert on this bill, but it will also it'll be great for the country in that sense, right, because the Democrats are total mess and the GOP now is together and organized and unified enough to get.
Speaker 2: A bill like this through.
Speaker 1: That contrast helps, and it's important to the greatest nation on earth to have at least one functioning, unified political party, and no sane person would suggest to you the Democrats are so that contrast is good for the GOP heading into a midterm year, and good for the country the bill itself. And again I don't claim to know everything in there, but I think Trump has shown. Trump has shown a tremendous ability when it comes to understanding what makes this US economy go and how to get it there. And so he's fully committed to this idea of growing our way out of this debt and deficit trouble. And so this bill is intended to provide.
Speaker 2: That kind of fuel. And so I think he has.
Speaker 1: Earned that trust and I'm looking forward to watching it happen. I mean selfishly, Yeah, I'm happy there isn't going to be the tax increase that would have happened if the Trump tax cuts had expired, which they would have without this bill. And I haven't seen the particulars yet on no tax on tips, But I.
Speaker 2: Just love the idea.
Speaker 1: I love the idea that so many working people are going to get that kind of relief. I was always raised to believe and I still believe it and do my best to live it.
Speaker 2: That about the best money you.
Speaker 1: Can spend, other than if there's a starving person in front of you, the best money you can spend is on tipping people because those I mean, you get a chance to meet the person, just size them up.
Speaker 2: You know they're out there working hard.
Speaker 1: And it's just kind of that direct return and the idea that people don't have to pay money on those tips. And I used to work for tips as a golf caddy and short time as a bartender until it interfered with studies too much. Plus, at that time, Zach, I thought I was going back to the seminary, and so after college I was in a high school seminary and then got an Evans Caddy scholarship to see you Boulder. So I thought I'd come to see you Boulder, then go back to the major seminary. And so working in a bar at night was not really conducive to my planned return.
Speaker 2: To the seminary. If you know what I mean. It doesn't quite line up. No, no, it did not. It did not.
Speaker 1: But so that's why I left my work in the bar, but I used to do a lot of work for tips, and I you know, I don't know if other people are the same. I'm not choking up. I'm just choking on peanut butter. I mean, like I can literally sitting here right now, I can picture it. I can remember a guy who gave me a particularly good tip when I was working as a caddy, like a long time ago, and when I was working as a car parker, you know, so you remember the and believe it or not, when I was working as a bar tap, I mean, you remember those things. So happy to see people who work for tips get some real relief.
Speaker 2: And I understand the arguments on the other side.
Speaker 1: I respect those, but I just think this country, this party, the GOP, and the country, there's just so much more that has to be focused on working people, you know, for this country to be what it needs to be, for the GOP to be what it should be, and for the GOP to be successful, because what knows, Democrats are not the party of the working people anymore. I don't think any sane person, any honest person, would try to.
Speaker 2: Contend that they are.
Speaker 1: And that's been a fascinating thing for me to watch, at least as a kid who grew up a Democrat.
Speaker 2: I was a Democrat till my thirties and just proud of it.
Speaker 1: Because you know John Kennedy, and you know the party that stood for the working men and women and for the week in defense US and then over time, but certainly the big turning point was legalized abortion. Then all of a sudden, the party that I thought stood for all those good things, you know what, was now the opposite and has continued to be and get even worse. So this is one of the reasons I'm so optimistic for America is there are so many good people, patriotic Americans, conservative Americans who have the same good intentions that the vast majority of Republicans have, who still vote Democrat out of habit and out of the stereotype, the negative stereotype of the GOP. So one of the reasons I'm so optimistic is that we're starting to see it happened in layers, right, but the day is going to come when a whole lot tipping point kind of moment when a whole lot of people who normally vote Democrat start voting Republican. And you don't need that many flips to all of a sudden dramatically change landscape. But I get the Colorado is a harder nut to crack. But on this Independence Day weekend, it's good to remember the bigger the challenge, right, the bigger the privilege. Three h three someone three eight two five five takes d an five seven seven three nine. In the Big Beautiful Bill, we have forty million dollars set aside and it'll just be seed money. The final cost will be much more, but worth it for President Trump's Garden of American Heroes lifetime statues of two hundred and fifty American heroes. If we were to do that kind of Garden of Colorado hero say down at the Capitol, and first you'd have to start to protect the Capitol in downtown.
Speaker 2: But who should be in that garden? Love your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Three or three seOne three eight two five five d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 8: You're on the Dan Caplish, you're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 10: They even get tired of winning, and you'll say, please, please, it's too much winning. We can't take it anymore, mister President. It's too much and I'll say.
Speaker 5: No, it isn't.
Speaker 2: We have to keep winning. We have to win more.
Speaker 8: We're gonna win more.
Speaker 2: We gotta be top ten. Trump sound never get tired of that bite. And what a perfect day to play.
Speaker 1: It, right, I mean, we're heading into Independence Day weekend. Just a monumental win on the big beautiful bill. And imagine how tough it had to be to herd those cats to get that through with such narrow margins. And obviously it doesn't happen without the big role that President Trump has been on, a great job by the Speaker and by John Thuns. So yeah, the whole idea behind this, obviously is to fuel economic growth to increase government revenues that way to tackle that and deficit. And President Trump obviously firmly committed to saving America that way because something's got to change, right, I mean, if we continue on the current road, then America will meet economic rule. So something has to change. Trump committed to doing it through growth. This bill designed to accomplish that. I think he has certainly proven that he understands the American economy and how to make it work. And he's had tremendous success under very adverse circumstances, particularly in the first term, so trust him and be anxious to see this go to work. So we've been talking about a few individual pieces, but one that's also really intriguing is there's forty million in here, and it'll just be the seed money, right, but forty million in here for a garden of American heroes and it's going to be two hundred and fifty statues and then there'll be a process for deciding who gets in there of American heroes from all different walks of life. And I love this idea, assuming they pick the right people and they do it right of you know, the school kids who go to DC and the rest of us, you know, just wandering through this big garden and these life size figures, and then they'll be all the interactive stuff, right And yes, so I probably be able to play catch with Mickey Mantle, or at least canical version of Mickey Mantle. So I love this concept, and in Colorado, I would not trust it in lefty hands right now.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine who they'd put in the garden.
Speaker 1: But I'd love to see that once the state regains its sanity. I'd love to see it up around the Capitol and Civic Center Park, and you know, the kids would be able to see like what we value, you know, the people who represent the things we really value. So asking you who would you want in there? So we're talking about that, We're talking about lots of other things. Three h three someone three A two five five, text, d an.
Speaker 2: Five seven seven three nine? Who would you want in there? The Colorado Garden of Heroes?
Speaker 1: So obviously, I mean, I think everybody a top choice for everybody. And I'm biased here because I've had the privilege of representing Kendrick Castio's amazing parents, John and Maria. But yeah, Kendrick Castio would have to be in there. Text or Dan Kendrickkesis comes to my mind. Beyond that, never a politician that isn't at least fifty years deceased.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: I you know, I don't know that i'd want to.
Speaker 2: Would you want a hardline un deceased?
Speaker 1: Maybe you'd have to have that, But yeah, maybe you have to have that just to be safe, Like it drives me crazy. I like Frederick Opina fine, I mean we differ politically, but the times I've met him, like youth baseball stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Like the guy.
Speaker 1: But the idea you've got one of the major roads in Hall of Colorado named after a living guy, a Democrat politician.
Speaker 2: No, I don't buy that.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're going to do that, then you have to have I twenty five named after Bill Owens, Right, a great Republican governor, a great two term Republican governor, or, should be something named after him. But I think you've got to be naming stuff after first. You got to be naming stuff after people who've died for the state, for the country, their life for the state or the country. So you got to have Kendrick Castillo gave his life to save his classmates and teachers. You got to have Dave Sanders gave his life to save his students at Columbine.
Speaker 2: I think you'd have to have Danny Diets in there, you know, Navy seal hero.
Speaker 1: And then I think one of the big challenges would be we have so many, particularly this date right and our military tradition, we have so many military heroes from this state.
Speaker 2: How do you choose who goes in and who doesn't.
Speaker 1: Same with law enforcement people who broke heroically given their lives people who've heroically risked death to save others and did not die in the process.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Would be quite a challenge narrowing it down, assuming you went with kind of the same two fifty number, and there would have to be some space limitation, right, So yeah, I'd love to hear from you who you would like to see in there.
Speaker 2: But can you.
Speaker 1: Imagine the other thing your thoughts on if the left was to do that now, which which it won't, right, I mean, just the whole idea heroes kind of thing anesthetical to the hard left that controls the Democratic Party. But if they were to do that, who do you think they'd put in there?
Speaker 2: Oh? My goodness, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I want to get to some of our texters. Dan of Colorado is to have a garden of heroes that should celebrate our military heroes like William Crawford, Drew Dick, Sector Flores and others.
Speaker 2: And it goes on from there.
Speaker 1: Dan. I called a Congressman's office yesterday about the big beautiful bill, and at the end of the call, I wish the person on the phone a happy Fourth of July, and they replied with happy Independence Day.
Speaker 2: Is that a thing?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't often say agreeting to people on fourth of July. However, I feel a special sense of celibratory and I'm proud this year interesting because I found the transition for me to be very easy because for the first few years of my life, I've always said happy fourth of July or referred to it as the fourth of July. And then we had a Texter take me to task for that earlier in the show, and you know, it's Independence Day, and Texter's right. So I think the last five times I've referred to it on the show today with guests, et cetera, it's been Independence Day, and it rolls off the tongue. So I think that is a thing, and I get it. And I get it mainly because you know, people didn't die for the date on the calendar. They died for our independence and it is one of the greatest gifts in the history of the world, right, this kind of independence and freedom.
Speaker 2: So I get it, and I am now an.
Speaker 1: Independence Day guy, just like Christmas. And listen, you can't compare anything to Christmas, right, because that's God. But yeah, I mean, I'm an Independence Day guy. I'm sure I'll slip here and there Warren in Colorado Springs here on the dancap plashow.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I want to talk to you about how much I have to this buying Colinborder got well. I was living for fifteen years before I move back to Colorado. I lived Becore, leaning out of Hope. I'm familiar with the Idaho situation, but I hate our legal system for being able to put that guy off well penalty. I just can't stand their all legal system because it makes me so irritated. I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and that is particularly maddening.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I haven't dug into the details, but does he actually have some opportunity even in theory, for parole or is he just locked in for life.
Speaker 11: For certain Well, I'd say he's locked in for life. Yeah, there's no chance of parole, but big deal. You can possibly escape or he can read legal books and figure out a way to get out within ten or fifteen years. That's happened before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I understand if you have family members there, and sometimes family members are divided. Because I represent my civil practice, sometimes folks who've had somebody murdered and then there's a civil case that arives from it. Sometimes you have family members who would get great comfort from the death penalty. Sometimes they are family members who who don't want the death penalty for personal or religious reasons, et cetera. But how frustrating for those who want it.
Speaker 11: There against the death penalty the way it celebrating this country. If they gave the death penalty, he'd still lived for ten or fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, But as far as I'm concerned, now, you're going to think this about Aric, because I already feel about this guy. If there are some male relatives that would like to take him and do whatever they want with him, I'd say give him to him.
Speaker 2: You think the law should be changed to allow that?
Speaker 11: Yes, interesting, because I feel I've lost somebody close when I was sixteen, family members, and I can imagine the pain suffering I went on with those relatives to parents and brothers and sisters and poor kids, and they just can't stand the legal system allows that piece of garbage extremate to survive and live. Yeah, away, that's all I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: No, I appreciate the call. And you know the reason I would oppose what Warren's suggesting is is not the idea that this mass murderer doesn't deserve it. It's the idea that our country deserves better, right, and for the good of our nation, I think we don't want to be punishing people in the way Warren describes. And again it has nothing to do with any kind of sympathy for protection of these evil, demon acting murderers. It's more the good of our country. Three h three someone three eight two five five. Hey, we'll we come back to some more callers and texts for the president now, and I'm glad he's going to do it.
Speaker 2: A big, beautiful bill.
Speaker 1: He's going to get his Garden of American Heroes two hundred and fifty life sized statues. If we were to have a garden of Colorado heroes, who would you want in there? And then a recreation of a great George Washington speech to up celebrate Independence Day.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 8: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 9: This may be the most important vote that any of us take in our entire lifetimes, and everybody better remember it. However you vote today, my friends, the President of the United States is waiting with his pen. The American people are waiting for this relief. We've heard enough talk. It's time for action. Let's finish the job for him. Vote yes on the bill.
Speaker 2: Boy, They got it done too.
Speaker 1: No matter what you think about the content of the bill, it is so impressive they were able to get it done. And Trump hashon he knows what he's talking about when it comes to this nation's economy, and he absolutely believes what's in this bill is going to fuel massive growth, which will generate the government revenue to then lower debts and deficits. And we've got to do that right so, and then the bit about defunding planned parenthood, very very excited to see that. I want to get into the particulars over the weekend and get a good grip on that, the certainty of that, and to make sure it's absolute, and then we could talk about that some more next week. I want to get you a little bit from this recreation of a George Washington speech as we head into Independence Day weekend.
Speaker 12: You have done all I have asked you to do and more, But your country is at stake. Your wives, youre homes, and all you hold dear. You have worn yourselves out with fatigues and hardships. If you will consent to stay one month longer. You will render that service to the cause of liberty into your country, which you can probably never do under any other circumstance. Again, the drums rolled, and this time all the men began stepping forward to God Almighty wrote with Daniel Green, inclined their hearts to listen to the proposal, and they engaged a new.
Speaker 2: I mean, you think about the difference.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you've seen it in your own life, right, maybe you've been that gygao, But you think about the difference leadership, mate, and it's made throughout the history of our country. And if you don't have this leader at this moment, things just go off the rails, right, and we probably just don't have anywhere near the same nation or.
Speaker 2: World that we do today.
Speaker 1: So it goes back to her at the end of the Declaration of Independence, where all these folks, all these guys, and you can be sure their wives had the same attitude, right, or they probably wouldn't have been doing it is with reliance on divine providence, right, that they pledge each other their lives, their fortune, their sacred honors. So yeah, and awful lot of people who believe President Trump is the man for this moment. And I'm one of those as well who believe that. And that doesn't mean I'm good with every single thing he's ever sun or said or done. Nobody'd ever say that about anybody in history. But it goes back to us we talked about, and we're coming up on the anniversary now, right of that assassination attempt in the Butler Field, and my belief at the time more and more reason to believe that sense that there was divine intervention there. And I can't know that for sure, right. I hope to someday be in a place where I will know that for sure. But that's my personal belief. I know the president believes that. But then you see all the good things he's done for the country since then, and the country being spared. Can you imagine, don't even want to think about what would have happened to this nation if that assassin had succeeded. So, you know, another major turning point for the better in our nation when President Trump turned his head that afternoon and the assassin failed. And then critically, can you imagine the presence of mind in the moment, and then the courage and the coherence. President Trump to just jump up and say fight, fight, fight, and we talked about it. I think that following Monday on the show, that race was essentially over there. I think that race was over long before then, right, because America was just it was never going to elect Joe Biden, was never going to be the candidate come elect in America.
Speaker 2: Wasn't gonna let Kamala Harris for very good reason.
Speaker 1: But even if the Democrats had a candidate who could win, the election was over when President Trump showed the ability to do that under fire.
Speaker 2: So wow, what a year.
Speaker 1: So much reason for hope, so much reason for hope and optimism. So we got to finish the show with this sound, right, I mean, I just put this.
Speaker 2: Thing on a loop.
Speaker 12: You have done it all.
Speaker 2: I like that too. That's not the sound I wanted to finish the show with. I wanted to finish the show with this.
Speaker 10: We're gonna win so much. You may even get tired of winning. And you'll say, please, please, it's too much winning.
Speaker 2: We can't take.
Speaker 10: It anymore, mister President, It's too much, And I'll say, no, it isn't.
Speaker 2: We have to keep winning.
Speaker 8: We have to win more.
Speaker 10: We're gonna win more.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest Trump clips ever. And it's not only contagious, but it builds on itself. Right when when you talk about winning, it's contagious for the obvious reasons. Some of it's chemical, some of it's practical, but it builds on itself because you get these victories and then stuff works, and then it's easier to convince people to keep going further down this road with more victories, whether you're talking about peace or strength, whether you're talking about the economy. And then what I believe we're in the middle of experiencing together is then you're going to get to the point where, come twenty twenty eight, and this would have happened without COVID, right, If COVID had not happened, Trump would have had a consecutive term, a second turn back to back. Then you would have had a Republican elected in twenty four because it would have been so much continuing success under Trump. And that's what we're on track for here. It's not guaranteed, right, everybody has to do their thing, but you're just going to have this success continue to build on itself to the point where the GOP nominee. Particularly with the deep bench, the GOP has has a very very good chance to win in twenty eight and then as long as they keep doing the right stuff, because that's the thing is a former Democrat, had took me a long time to come to appreciate these conservative ideas. The conservative approach really does work, and so America sees it continuing to work, and then you're going to have more and more GOP presidents.
Speaker 2: That's going to perpetuate. Zach, you're the best man. Thank you for that. Kelly, have a great weekend, enjoy it all.