Speaker 1: So an interview with mister Elon Musk, who of course is famed Trump advisor, CEO of Tesla SpaceX, chair of ex Corpilon. Thank you for doing this, We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I want to begin. Among other things, everyone's attacking you for your position. What are you doing in the government. There was a cyber attack on X today which shut it down and may have been foreign sourced. It's a big story. You want to give us a moment on that.
Speaker 3: Well, we're not sure exactly what happened, but there was a massive cyber attack to try to bring down the X system with IP addresses originating in the Ukraine area.
Speaker 1: Well, so that's your suspicion. Is the website? Is the Internet up?
Speaker 2: Is it up yet? It's up? Yet? It's up yet?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, but I just was looking back. Let me get see if I get this right. They're setting fire to various Tesla charging stations near Boston. Shots were fired at a Tesla dealership in Oregon. Various non violence.
Speaker 2: What's fired? Not a metaphor? Not's fired? Yes?
Speaker 1: Downtown New York marching marching against the Tesla's showroom. Your stock is way down You've been criticized left and right.
Speaker 2: But look on the right side.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are you doing this?
Speaker 2: Always look on the always look on the right side of life.
Speaker 1: Yes, But besides that, yes, I mean, what motivates you to do this?
Speaker 3: I suppose the opera good. It's tough sledding, Yeah, it is tough sledding. But I think we're doing the right thing here. The you know, there's been a tremense amount of of wasting fort in the in the government. You know, when you're part of the government, you saw a lot of that and it's and there's been uh, you know, if you look at the Inspector General reports and the Government Accountability Office, there have been many orders that are pointed out that there's tremendous amount of waste and fraud in the government.
Speaker 2: In fact, there was.
Speaker 3: A report issued by the GAO, the govern Accountability Office last year, so during the Biden administration, which estimated the federal government fraud the.
Speaker 2: Half a trillion dollars.
Speaker 3: So just because that's not a Trump administration, think that's a Biden administration thing. So what we're trying to do is get that number down to a much smaller figure, save money for the American taxpayer. Stop money being spent on things that are that I think very few taxpayers would agree make sense, you know, transgender animal surgeries, or why are we spending Why are American tax dollars being spent on this? And the presidents are gone through a long list of absurd things. Why are the twenty million people who are definitely dead marked US alive in the Social Security database? Why we're hundreds of millions of dollars of small business Administration loans were given out to people aged eleven and.
Speaker 2: Under according to.
Speaker 3: The Social Security like, these must have some very enterprising eight year olds, you.
Speaker 1: Know, pretty strong one hundred and fifty year olds.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, as as the President said, you know, we have an enormous number of people marked as alive. Who one hundred and sixty? He didn't know the country was that healthy?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, so demystify this.
Speaker 2: How do you do it?
Speaker 1: Okay? How big is your team? Where'd you recruit most of them from? And what is it that makes you choose you know, the Treasury or Social Security or USAI D How does it work? Let the public know?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Right, Well, we just basically follow the money, you know, we look at the presents executive orders, and we also just follow the money.
Speaker 2: So we started looking closely at.
Speaker 3: USCID because they were completely violating the presence executive orders to suspend foreign foreign aid, you know what's called foreign aid, but in our view is a lot of corruption. So what we saw there is just a trans amount of money being sent to non governmental organizations, but actually it's a This, by the way, is I think one of the biggest sources of fraud in the world is government funded non governmental organizations. This is a gigantic fraud loophole where the government can give money to an NGO and then that there are no controls over that NGO, so they've given billions dollars. In thatch, we estimate tens of billions of dollars to NGOs that are essentially scams.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I'm trying to put us up to that, you know, so I do.
Speaker 1: Want to interrupt. Secretary of State Rubio has just come out and I think he tweeted today he is accepted over eighty percent of your recommendations to shut down in USAI D. Right, So your review and analysis was spot on.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I think.
Speaker 3: When people criticize say what DOGE is doing? We say, well, which parts specifically, because we put all of the actions of the dog team on the dose dot gov website and on the DOGE headline x, so we post the receipts, so it's like this, this action has been taken, this action has been taken. So when when we get criticism, we say, like, of what of what? Which which line do you disagree with? Like which which cut? Which cut? Which cost saving do you disagree with? And people usually can't think.
Speaker 1: Of any you know, So it's transparent line by line.
Speaker 3: It's transparent line by line, which is quite remarkable, right and so, and then with respect to the Treasury, for example, we we the two main recommendations we UH suggested, which have not been implemented, was that any payments going out of the.
Speaker 2: Treasury, especially the Treasury's.
Speaker 3: Main payment computer, which is cold pen, things like a payments account manager or something like that. It's like almost five trillion a year or so about a billion an hour, that the payments be coded with the congressional appropriation, and that there be an explanation for the payment.
Speaker 2: Very basic stuff. And just doing that we.
Speaker 3: Estimate will save one hundred billion dollars a year.
Speaker 1: You're not really let me see if I get this right, particularly with so screwt. You're not really changing policy. You're auditing the fiscal mechanisms to make sure that you know, from point A gets to point B, and that's where it's supposed to get to. In some cases it doesn't get there, or some cases it may go over there. But that's it's not a policy exercise. You're not changing laws. You're just doing what any business would do in a profit and loss audit.
Speaker 3: I think we're really what what what we're adding here is caring and competence and the there's a massive amount of fraud of basically people submitting UH social Security numbers for UH social Security benefits, unemployment, small business administration loans, and UH and medical.
Speaker 2: Where where those are those are?
Speaker 3: Those are fake social screen numbers, so they're where they've stolen somebody else's social screen number.
Speaker 2: And we're trying to.
Speaker 3: We're trying to put a stop to all of that. And that that's the number which is estimated to be on the order of ten percent of federal expenditures, which is, you know, half a half a trillion.
Speaker 1: Dollars, a huge number you're working with the agency heads, you're working with the Cabinet secretary. Yes, I saw Howard Lutnik was on TV yesterday saying you were partnering with them.
Speaker 2: Is that there? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we do is an in consult consultation with the cabinet sectories and with their departments.
Speaker 2: So we're really trying to be uh sort of.
Speaker 3: We'll refer to ourselves as tech tech support. You know, we're really helping the department get a handle on things because what actually happens here is you've got this this sort of vast federal bureaucracy, and then you've got a very thin layer on top of the of the politically appointed officials. And what has to happen is that the bureaucracy frankly is in control and they largely ignore the politically appointed people.
Speaker 1: Why should the bureaucracy, I'm sure you must have seen that. I've lived with this twice. I've worked for Reagan many years ago, and I worked for Trump in the first term. It's like a permanent bureaucracy, I might add, it's a permanently liberal bureaucracy.
Speaker 2: Yes, very much so.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't it's it's not a bureocracy that necessarily enforces or implements presidential policy.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 3: In fact, they try their best to thwart presidential policy. So the president is the elected representative of the people. And if the president cannot get things implemented as a reflection of the well of the people, then what we have is not a democracy. We have a bureaucracy. We have rule of the bureau, not rule of the people. And that's what we're trying to defeat. Here is the bureaucracy and have rule of the people.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The and as you mentioned, the bureaucracy is overwhelmingly Democrats.
Speaker 2: So Washington d C.
Speaker 3: Was ninety two and a half percent I believe voted for Kamala So this overwhelmingly.
Speaker 2: A deep blue situation.
Speaker 1: How do you pick your next targeted agency or department?
Speaker 3: Well, we're we're trying to act broadly across old departments, so it's not just one department at a time.
Speaker 2: But are you in all them now? All of them? Pretty much? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh, we're trying to make trying to make the government more efficient across the board.
Speaker 1: So yeah, how big is your team?
Speaker 3: We're a little over one hundred at this point. Get to two hundred.
Speaker 1: You're going to get to two hundred. Yeah, okay, and you're recruiting from where.
Speaker 2: More or less.
Speaker 3: Basically it's software people, you know, information security, software people, and finance, you know, it's basically, yeah, finance and technology. And I mean, frankly, I can't believe I'm here doing this. It's kind of bizarre, but I.
Speaker 2: Kind of think that the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got this enormous federal budget deficit, and it's a it's a true trillion dollar deficit.
Speaker 2: It keeps growing.
Speaker 3: Our interest payments are higher than our defense department budget. That's that's I think was the real wake up call for me was looking at seeing that the interest payments the national debt exceeded the defense department budget and that was only growing over time, which meant if we didn't do something about this, then there.
Speaker 2: Won't be any money for anything. We'll just be servicing debt.
Speaker 1: And you know how to read an income statement and you know how to read a balance sheet. You've had some business experience. I'm kidding, but yeah, you know about this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, really, I just don't want America to go bankrupt.
Speaker 1: So it's a call to action. You're feeling you're hearing a call to action. Yeah, you're giving up your other stuff. I mean, what do you How are you running your other businesses with great difficulty? Yeah, I mean, but there's no turning back.
Speaker 3: You're saying, I'm just here trying to make government more efficient, eliminate waste and fraud, and.
Speaker 2: So far we're making good progress. Actually, so our.
Speaker 3: Savings at this point exceed four billion dollars a day, so it's quitty significant.
Speaker 1: You think you'll wind up getting to a trillion dollars Yeah, savings.
Speaker 3: I mean unless's unless we're unless we're stopped, we will get to a trillion dollars of savings.
Speaker 1: And that stuff can be translated. I mean we've been talking. We had Russell vote the OMB director run earlier through very recision authority impowerment authority. But believe you said it earlier, it's an audit that will not gather dust on shelves, actually going to wind up with real savings, bend the base spending baseline down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There have been many good audits I sit, done by inspector generals and by government accountability offs, and they just haven't been implemented. Nothing's been done. You know, I think the GEO identified there was seventeen million dead people in the Social Security database several years ago. It's not twenty million, but we done anything about it. And I mean, I think you can sort of look at this as a complaint minimization optimization. So basically, if the government sends money out to whether it's wasteflow or porgeent fraudulent, nobody complains if they receive money, but they do complain if they don't receive money. And the people that complain the loudest are the ones receiving the fortulent money.
Speaker 1: And you're on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, just like said, the goal, the goal here is let's let's not have America go bankrupt with waste and fraud. So that's what I'm here for. And we're making good progress.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you're going to go another year, Yeah, I think so final report middle of next year.
Speaker 3: Well, we're just getting things done as opposed to writing a report.
Speaker 2: Like I say, reports.
Speaker 3: Don't mean anything, just you've got to actually take actions.
Speaker 2: So the.
Speaker 3: I mean the waste important in entitlement spending, you know, which is all of the which is most of the federal spending is entitlements, So that that's that's like the big one to eliminate is that's the sort of half trillion, maybe six seven hundred billion a year.
Speaker 2: That is also a mechanism.
Speaker 3: By which the Democrats attract and retain illegal immigrants of I essentially paint them to come here and then turning them into voters. Yes, so this is why the Democrats are so upset about the situation, because they're losing. You know, if we turn off this gigantic money magnet for illegal immigrants, then they will leave and they will lose voters.
Speaker 1: Do you have presidents sport He said so again yesterday he completely supports your operation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well thanks, but that's super. Without the president's support, we couldn't make any progress here. But yeah, I mean, where you'll see the biggest outcry is from the Democrats who are they don't want the way somepport to be turned off because it is a gigantic magnet to attract legal immigrants and have them stay in the country. And I mean you see some of the crazy stuff like where money from FEMA, you know, which meant FEMA's agency is meant to take care of Americans in distress and a bunch of their money was being sent to pay for luxury hotels in New York for illegal immigrants. And that was happening even after the President was elected, even after he signed an executive order saying that.
Speaker 2: Needs to stop.
Speaker 3: So we actually made sure that that money did stop going, because it's obviously it's outrageous that American taxpayer money is meant on luxury hotels for legals. But you have to say, like, why is that being done? It was because the Democrats are trying to import voters.
Speaker 2: Basically, yes, I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's also why there's no voter ID and needed. In fact, in California, in New York State, you're not allowed to show voter I d that's a great Isn't it even insane?
Speaker 1: Insane? Yeah, I'd say that as a New Yorker.
Speaker 2: It's insane, insane.
Speaker 1: And it violates the entire Constitution and the principles behind it.
Speaker 2: Yes, producers are.
Speaker 1: Yelling at me to get out. I don't want to end this interview because too much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I just ask you one thing twenty seconds, nothing to do with, nothing to do with Doge. Can you rescue the astronauts?
Speaker 2: Yes, we're bringing them back in a few weeks.
Speaker 1: It is not near enough attention being paid to this. You're going to get him back.
Speaker 2: We're going to get him back. God bless thank.
Speaker 1: You, thank you for all your service, Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it, very much, appreciate it. Take care. Thank you.