Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Reality TV QUM. I am one of your hosts, Delia, and I'm here with my real tight homegirl and my daughter in law, the Stupendous BEATR. That's we are here to recap a new series from TLC entitled Suddenly Amaged Jess. Jess hands just the very thought that you would wake up one day and be suddenly amish, devoid of all of your creature comforts, the conveniences of modernity. Now, all of a sudden, you've got to churn your own butter, you gotta milk your own cows, and you have to fashion your own sanitary napkins. This sounds like a nightmare, and six people across the country have signed up for just this nightmare and we're going to cover it. I love it, yes, absolutely. Now, before we get into a rica, we do have to issue you a disclaimer. Please hid your wife and hide your kids. This is an irreverent podcast. We have a lot of opinions and some of them could be considered insulting. We don't mean anything by it, but we do not censor ourselves, and so if you're one of them senseortal people, baby, you might want to find yourself another podcast, But if you're ready to be introduced to an entirely new, deviant cult, then welcome to this podcast I mean dumpsters.
Speaker 2: And if you think that me and Delia should become the next contestants on Suddenly Amish, please follow us on Instagram at Reality tv Cringe and join us on Patreon patre dot com slash reality tv Cringe. You get all of our episodes add free over there, plus a bunch of bonus content and it's a lot of fun. We'd love to have you.
Speaker 1: It is so much fun. Now, if you're watching on YouTube, please we beseech you in an amish way to like and comment and share and subscribe and also hype up your girls, because any little thing you do helps us in the algorith legend. And if we're growing, we're showing, we're showing out. We are scaling mount six thousands and subscribers, and so anything you do, thank you in thank you. Now, before we get into the recap, Beatrice, I just have to ask you whether you have any takeaways after watching this first episode.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, where did they find these people?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Who auditions for this show? Who is like I want to become a Suddenly Amish.
Speaker 1: Clout Goblins, clout Goblins.
Speaker 2: It has to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My takeaway was I loved Betty Joe, Billy Joe, Billy Jilly Joe. I loved her. We'll get into it. I think she's the star of the show, the breakaway star of this whole show.
Speaker 2: Wow, and her dog Wow. I loved it all, my god.
Speaker 1: So without further let's get into our recap of season one, episode one, Suddenly Amish. I don't even know the title of it. Do you Transform?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean nobody's really transformed yet in this episode. But we get into the premise of the whole show, so we're introduced to the Amish community. We have a liberal sect of the Amish community that is wanting to do this liberal liberal and this particular community in Lancaster, Pennsylvania is looking for more people to join their community because they're facing extinction, right and like the dodal bird. Yeah, actually though, they're like facing extinction because all of their youth are leaving in record numbers, because why would you want to be Amish if you can go watch porn in society and go to the clerk and go to the clerk.
Speaker 1: But if you are Amish, you are much more likely to bang your cousin, yeah, or your sister, and that leads to birth defects and the dwindling of the population, yes, which they are very concerned about, are very.
Speaker 2: Concerned about it. And we hear from some of these Amish people that apparently a lot of Amish communities are heavily imbred, which is terrible, and they don't want to be like that. So they are going to invite a bunch of English people, which is just anybody who's not Amish. They're gonna invite a bunch of people to basically do a trial run of living Amish to see if they can hack it and then hopefully join their community so that way they can breed with them and repopulate.
Speaker 1: God, it sounds like Midsummer.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what it is. Yeah, that's what they said at the very beginning. And so we meet the bishop of the community Vernon. Yes, and apparently in Amish culture, the bishops like make all the rules. I think they called it or dung or something or noong or whatever. I'm probably butchering that I don't give a fuck, And he is the one that I guess pitched the show basically in pitch, yeah, the premise he uh really is concerned about his community going extinct, and he, I guess had an English friend that he like pitched the idea too, and then he had his English friend go and pitch it to regular society. Because Vernon the Bishop doesn't want anything to do with technology, even though he's sitting in front of a camera.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what we have to talk about. Because I went up and did some investigative journalism on the REDDDS and I'm like, is anybody else watching this ridiculous show? And a lot of people on the Breaking Amish forum are currently watching this, and they're like, this is so much fakery, it is a little and they're saying that this is not actually a real Amish community, like these are the outcasts, oh, the outliers of other more established traditional Amish communities, and they are creating this community for the gram, oh, for the TV, for the plot rate, like and so these are maybe ex Amish Mennonites. Because when we get to Emma's house, yeah yeah, there was a satellite dish on her house. I noticed that there was an electric kettle in her child.
Speaker 2: What are we doing.
Speaker 1: But they're telling us the audience, yeah, that there's no electricity, there's no tattoos, you've got to make your own clothes, you can't wear me go always gotta wear a head covering. But in this community, I don't think they follow those rules. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was thinking they had to have at least been like Mennadite or something, because I'm like, there's no way you guys are like traditional Amish because you wouldn't want to be in front of the cameras.
Speaker 1: But right, you know who am I suspend your disbelief so that we can enjoy the show? Right?
Speaker 2: So, Vernon Bishop is on this mission. He pitched the idea of this show to his English friend and they got him signed up with TLC. Great, what a lucky guy.
Speaker 1: You're not going to regret that at all.
Speaker 2: Though, not at all. And Vernon Bishop is enlisting a couple people to help. So this is where we're introduced to some of the quote unquote Amish community members. First off, we have is Emma and she is like Olivia Plath or not Olivia Plath Lydia Plaidia Plath where she is literally singing an Amish him and she is the cousin of James, who we will get to later. But Emma is a good Amish girl. She loves being Amish, she grew up Amish, loves this lifestyle and really hopes that they can find more people to join in their communities because she doesn't want to become inbred like all the other Amish communities. And then we meet her cousin, James, who is currently shunned by his other community. So he bopped on over to Lancaster and was like, Hey, can I hang out with y'all because my community hates me because I'm the black sheep. Because he had a cell phone or something, and then he proceeds to tell us that he's a bit of a troublemaker. And then we're like in his house or something, and.
Speaker 1: You know, we're out in the fields, like a cornfields.
Speaker 2: Okay, and he's like showing us his booze collection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's contraband, Like, I don't think you're supposed to do that.
Speaker 2: But he likes to drink, he likes to party, I get it. So he doesn't give a shit and he's going to teach these English people a lesson. He's going to basically help onboard them into the Amish community.
Speaker 1: He's going to teach them how to be Homish, and he's going to oversee the entire program. Yes.
Speaker 2: And then the other people that we have that are going to help the English people conform to Amish society are Bishop Vernon's brother Alan and Alan's wife Sarah. And apparently these two people have like adopted several children that are English, like they adopted them from English. Yeah, and so they became Amish or something. And they just recently lost a son of theirs due to an accident or whatever in the cornfields that were not going to elaborate on for some reason, but they lost a kid, and they're hoping that they can, I don't know, like adopt an other.
Speaker 1: I don't think they want to adopt. I think that the reason Alan has been tapped for this role is because he developed empathy for others, like outside of their community visa VI these adopted children, and so he wants to help these English to hopefully integrate into the community.
Speaker 2: Yes, I guess, I guess allegedly. And then they proceed to tell us that the English people that are going to come into their community have thirty days to basically survive being amish, and they have to make it to the day of reckoning, which will be I guess their initiation ritual too.
Speaker 1: Are they going to have to go on top of a cliff and then throw themselves off in midsummer? Are they gonna have to wear a barracos to be set.
Speaker 2: On fire in a church? It's kind of giving that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm afraid.
Speaker 2: And so then we meet the cast members, the English contestants, right, and we start off with Kendra.
Speaker 1: Now, listen, I would like for you to allow me to share with everyone what I wrote down about each of these folks, Okay, after being introduced to them. It is a little inflammatory, so trigger warning. Kendra. Kendra is a mid ass thirty two year old hoe who is trying to become a star in Dirty Gross La. According to her, she says she's very different than her image, though her faith is very important. We follow her walking in La wearing next to nothing and then packing her suitcase with next to nothing on. She submitted a bunch of hoe photographs so we can see how sexy she is. But she's desperate and we can smell it. She starts to cry talking about her bad decision to start an OnlyFans and seems to indicate her current pursuit of the Amish lifestyle is a reaction to that. And I conclude by saying she ain't shit. She really isn't She is such a clout goblin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like her whole like I'm a born again Christian thing because her Only Fans failed, nobody paid for it, so now she has to hit rock Bob him and then get baptized and come to Jesus and now she wants to be on there.
Speaker 1: But she's still taking her hoe photographs. I'm sure she's still got a Instagram, Like that's her persona. She is on this show so that she can become an influencer of some kind.
Speaker 2: Totally because I'm like, why else are you on here? Like you're not like Billy Joe, who will get to later. Yeah, who's obsessed with the homish. Next one we have is Judah from Kansas City.
Speaker 1: So Judah is a twenty two year old, diminutive person who is also Muslim. Interesting, Yeah, he grew up in the hard streets of Kansas City and never fit in And maybe that's because he gets manicures and pedicures and dresses and ridiculous clothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He apparently saw a post on social media about the Amish community and became obsessed with the Amish, though not enough to figure out how to integrate into their community without go go boots and rhinestones. We see him sitting with his mother and his family and telling them that he's leaving, and they're shocked, mainly because he's Muslim.
Speaker 2: Yeah and black, and they're like, what are.
Speaker 1: There black Amish people? Like is that a thing? Are we not worried a little bit about introducing yourself, You're of African American self into an Amish community. I'm uneducated people, Do we really think this is gonna go well?
Speaker 2: And Judea's like, no, for real, it'll be all right, Like for real, I'm gonna be fine. And I'm sure there's black Amish people for real.
Speaker 1: I really wish we could have had the conversation about him being Muslim yea, and how his intention, how what his intention is to reconcile his spirituality with the Christian faith of the Amish, the very fundamentalist traditional faith of the Amish, Like what is your plan here? And also you are black and they are all white?
Speaker 2: They're all white, all of.
Speaker 1: Them, and so like, what's your mindset going into that? Are you a little worried? Like have you done any research? But no, we just see his boots and his rhinestones and its manicures and this is gonna be a disaster. And I'm I'm like very entertaining that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, are you okay? Why are you gay?
Speaker 1: Why not be gay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine, Like if you.
Speaker 1: Are gay, why are you amish?
Speaker 2: Why are you? But it's just like, what is this? This one, this contestant in particular, feels the most fake to me, Like that's my opinion. I don't know. He just he was weird. And then didn't he say something like he's grossed out or afraid of like farm stuff. I'm worried about that.
Speaker 1: And his mom says like he's got a phobia with bugs, and I'm like, this is a terrible choice.
Speaker 2: This is a.
Speaker 1: Choice, but I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Yep. Next time we have is Esmeralda, and I had a little description about her too, but you read yours verse.
Speaker 1: Esmeralda lives in Houston and wears a lot of makeup, just like her single mother who raised her alone. Because her dad left. She has a man shaped hole in her heart and in her badge. She seems incredibly insecure, and she too seems to be panicking about where her life is going. She's twenty seven and her life doesn't seem great. She's looking for a man to take care of her. I e. She's got traditional values, which is code for probably no education, no real prospects, and so she needs to barnacle onto a dude who will pay her bills. She loves traditional roles, traditional values. She doesn't want to be a girl boss. She wants to meet in who could take care of her period.
Speaker 2: Girl, I'm like, you can find a trad dude in Texas of all places. Yeah, Like you can find a trad dude without having to become Amish. But okay, she's got daddy issues.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Major daddy issues. And like the second I saw her false eyelashes and them lip fillers, I'm like, girl, you gotta have a roof tuh come in Amish? But like whatever you do, you boo boo?
Speaker 1: Is that your description? Well?
Speaker 2: And like the fact that she said she had traditional values and she's like, I love the Amish because they uphold traditional values because the women don't have to work.
Speaker 1: Like okay, Well she also said they all look alike, yeah, and they all dress the same, so I don't have to compete. So that's her inner wound crying out for help because she does feel like she has to compete in her life. She feels like she has to wear all of this makeup and do herself up in a certain way in order to be attractive. And it's like, that's the kind of stuff. I hope that maybe we can deconstruct on tlc'd great, but I doubt it.
Speaker 2: I doubt it too. Next one we have is Aaron Noble, and in my opinion, he's the kmart Frank Rillo from Kingdom.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, did you watch Kingdom?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Did you watch all seasons? Attendon so so good, So I say. Erin is a forty two year old special needs teacher.
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything, I didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, who seems very concerned with his hair. He is the son of an evangelical pastor moonlighted as an Amish driver. I guess he drove the Amish around. But Aaron's forty two year old man is to quote fit in and be like everyone else, which is really fucking sad for a person in your forties. Like, if you're in your forties, it's two middle fingers up, I am who I am? If you don't like it, kiss these cheeks for Saron. I want you to feel that way. But he doesn't. He just wants to fit in, and we do learn a little bit more about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he likes to work out and is looking for a change in his life. He is a very spiritual person. And then we have this kind of weird segment. This was weird of his intro where he says that he lost his virginity at the age of thirty two, which is interesting in and of itself, but then he adds in the statement that it was kind of forced upon him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he didn't want to.
Speaker 1: And so the producer is like, so you mean you were graped? Yeah, and he's like, yeah, I wanted to save myself for marriage and didn't work out that way. So that's tragic. Yeah, and I feel terrible. He also alludes to the fact that he has some kind of a disability and he's a bit nervous about how that's going to work within the community, and I wondered aloud and to my husband whether that disability was a micro.
Speaker 2: Penis You're so mean. I wonder about.
Speaker 1: Guys who are virgins laid into life and or like not coupled up and you're in your forties. Is it because upedis is a half an inch long? Is it a little Vienna's fault?
Speaker 2: Maybe he was waiting.
Speaker 1: For the right woman, I know. And that's when I started feeling so bad about myself, like I'm so jaded after all these years that my first my first thought is that you're disabled because you have a micropedia.
Speaker 2: Because he has actual disability.
Speaker 1: I know, we learn about that, and I felt so guilty, but not guilty enough not to share what I thought with everybody else.
Speaker 2: God. The next one we have is Billy Joe, who is a Amish cosplayer.
Speaker 1: Period that's the period.
Speaker 2: A forty something year old Amish forty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah stop stop right here. So she's a forty six year old woman who has been a y with amishness for twenty years and she's been dressing as an Amish person for ten years.
Speaker 2: Like she literally fast.
Speaker 1: She goes to her job and she pours the coffees in her full Amish garb, and we've got a couple of customers are like, do you think that this is maybe offensive to.
Speaker 2: Actual Amish people appropriating it?
Speaker 1: Like, my culture is not your costume, and She's like, absolutely not. I worship the Amish, I love the Amish. I have faceless dolls that are Amish. I dress my Chitsu dog god pass an Amish person. I love the homage. And I'm like, Okay, that's fabulous. But then I'm thinking to myself, Beatrice, if you would allow me to express this. So you want to bring in English people, you want to recruit outsiders so that you can diversify the gene pool. But Billie Joe is the forty six years old I mean then, and it has been known that like some miracle ladies with turbo uterisic can produce babies well into their forties and even their fifties. I've read articles about that. But for most of us women, as we age, we kind of age out of concepcion. Yes, you know, early forties.
Speaker 2: There is a biological clock.
Speaker 1: And so I'm just wondering, why are we bringing Billy Joe in other than for the humor, totally for that for the laughs, it's that and for the joy that I get out of it.
Speaker 2: It's totally that. Because the guy before that was talking about his essay, Yeah, and his disability is done.
Speaker 1: We need some levity.
Speaker 2: We do need some levity, and Billy Joe's here.
Speaker 1: To bring it.
Speaker 2: Billy Joe the forty six year old Amish cosplayer. And then the last contestant that we have contestants is Nat from Texas.
Speaker 1: And he's a nothing burger. He's a thirty No, he's not a loser.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He's a librarian. I think that's a real job.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: He's a thirty five year old librarian from it looks like East Texas. He's got two twins that are seven years old, and he feels lost. He's like, I never expected to be feeling like this at thirty five years old. I feel like I don't have my shit together. I don't know where my life is going. So I'm just gonna leave my children and make gainful employment and I'm gonna go to Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and I'm gonna pretend to be Amish for thirty.
Speaker 2: Days and hook up with an OnlyFans model that.
Speaker 1: Is being telegraphed, it's being forecasted out. Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: So he's a loser in my opinion, because I'm just like, why are you gonna leave your babies, yeah, to go become fami loser activities. And also I'm like, if you have these kids and you're a single dad, are your kids gonna become amish? Or are you just gonna leave them with their mom or like a family member? Are you like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. I do think that illustrates that he's probably just doing this for the gram and he's probably not serious, and maybe he's catching like a he's getting a cute little check or something, probably two thousand dollars for thirty days when they were just getting away from his life for a little while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some the way he can feel better about the fact that he's a librarian.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that thing?
Speaker 2: Librarians are cool.
Speaker 1: As fuck, libraries are cool. Reading is cool totally.
Speaker 2: But maybe he wants to do something else and that's fine, just like, go do that instead of becoming suddenly amish. But all right, all right, okay, So then everybody arrives in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and they all have to walk their bags from wherever the gozone dropped them off.
Speaker 1: And here comes Judah Honey with these platform patent leather high heel boots or whatever and a rhine stone belt. I have a belt just like this that I bought in twenty tens.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you have those like bedazzled jeans like western wear anyway, So he's wearing this bedazzled belt and he's looking very fashion. Yeah, but you're coming to an Amish community, and I just wonder, what have you thought about that? Did you think about that?
Speaker 2: Though? No, he didn't, okay, because he's twenty two years old. Yeah, he also gets many petties like every two weeks and his haircut every two weeks. There's nothing wrong with that, No, not at all.
Speaker 1: But you're not going to be able to do that in your Amish community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll just leave it there because I won't be super offensive.
Speaker 1: And then here comes Kendra. Kendra, Remember she's the only fans girl from LA who's trying to make it as a dancer. Woe herself, trying to make it as but she's still dance and she still got her hoe photographs anyway, So she comes trotten up into the Amish community wearing what Billy Joe calls Betty Joe, Billy Joe, Billy Joe, Billy Joe calls cheerleader smut. Yeah, dress a cheerleader smut. Dress like her titties are all they're up, perky, perking out, and her legs are all out, and like, I've traveled around the world and AII had to know how to dress when I went into certain cultures and certain countries. Like if it's a more conservative culture, then I'm going to cover up. That doesn't mean that I have to at home, that doesn't mean I have to even believe in that, but it's as a respect to your culture. I'm gonna show up and try to assimilate. I'm not gonna come in look and leg ah.
Speaker 2: I know it's kind of crazy what she wore. And then we have Billy Joe wearing her her Amish costume. And then at least like es Morelda had the sense to wear like a T shirt and long pants and stuff. And I'm not saying I'm not endorsing that women need to cover themselves up or like dress conservatively, but if you.
Speaker 1: Are going in the Amish, yes, hello, there's nothing wrong with the hell where we do. It's not respectful. In fact, it's disrespectful. And even though Esmeralda showed up with like appropriate clothing, she still had all of her lashes and makeup and nails out to here.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, you girls are stoopid. I mean, it's just as bad though as Judah coming in with indeed heels in its fucking ride stuff.
Speaker 1: Aaron and Matthew showed up and they were perfectly appropriate, and so Billy Joe because she showed up as an almenshon woman that she's been caused playing the last ten years exactly, but those other ones were just ridiculous yep.
Speaker 2: And so once everybody arrives, immediately Kendra and Matt start making googly eyes to each other because Matt is super horny for her because her tits are out, and Kendra is desperate correct, So she looks at Mad and she's like, Wow, he's the only cute guy here.
Speaker 1: I better bang Aaron's handsome yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And a kmar frank grillow kind of fling. And so once they're all waiting there, then Bishop Vernon arrives from the barn and he gives everybody like the rules of the game, essentially the Squid Games. They have to conform to Amish lifestyle within thirty days, and then at the end of the thirty days, at the day of the reckoning, then they can decide if they want to leave or stay and be Amish permanently. After giving the rules, then Bishop Vernon's like, Kendra, can I talk to you real quick in the barn? And She's like sure, and he goes and has a chat with her, a based chat with her, I mean immediately he's like, so, why do you dress that way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get right to it, honey. Why did you have the audacity did you show up to my community dressed like a hoe?
Speaker 2: Yep? And Kendra's like, well, I'm a dancer and so like my only asset is like my body, and I have to show off my body because I am a dancer, and so that's why, like I dress the way that I do. And I'm like, I'm really comfortable am I dress and everything? And Bishop Vernon's like, well, you know, we would see that as you're missing something in your life.
Speaker 1: I think he says something like we would consider that to be lust. Yes, like a spirit of lust, like a Jezebel spirit temptation, and we would look at all your skin that you seem to want to show us, and we would ask ourselves, what's wrong with her? What's missing in her life? What's her intire real world?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is something's wrong with you? You're broken.
Speaker 2: He also says that the other women in the Amish community would be very jealous and would not want her to hang around them or their husbands, because these Amish women look very different compared to Kendra, and they don't want their husbands being tempted or.
Speaker 1: Their sons or their sons, They wouldn't want their sons to be tempted by somebody like Kendra. And I think he said something like they would think the women would think that your heart is not in the right place. Yes, if you show up looking like this yet with your whole ass out.
Speaker 2: I mean hello. And then Kendra leaves that conversation and cries uh huh because she was slutshamed. And I'm just like, girl, what did did you research the Amish Amish community? Do you know what their ideals and their values are?
Speaker 1: Well, and I'm just gonna sidebar here and presume that TLC wanted them to show up all of their regalia finery looking like fools so that they would have to be corrected and they could film that response. But Kendra does seem to be legitimately upset that she was called out. But I mean, like she defaults immediately into victimhood and I'm.
Speaker 2: Always judged by everyone for a while.
Speaker 1: Oh, I look and I'm like, okay, but you could have probably anticipated that's something like this would happen, and maybe also look at it from their vantage point, like this is highly disrespectful and you ain't shit.
Speaker 2: Though, I mean, this isn't la and keep.
Speaker 1: Your tears to yourself, your weaponized tears. So everybody feels sorry for you, I don't feel sorry for you.
Speaker 2: I don't know at all. And it's obviously just indicative of what's going on with her because she feels really ashamed about the fact that she had an only fans that failed and didn't make a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Let me just can I can I just ask you because I'm an oh girl, I'm a oh hit. Yeah, but she started her only fans at the age of two. Seven, Yeah, that's just a little bit. That's like seven years younger than you. That's all four blown adult. You've been on this planet, and you've been operating as an adult and a free agent for quite some time, like for forty years. Apparently to me, it feels like like when you're eighteen nineteen and I'm gonna do OnlyFans, Yeah, but when you're forty and you're doing an only fans, that sort of expresses something different going on with you. Just that just felt late in life to starting only fans.
Speaker 2: At twenty seven yeah aka forty. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I'm just taking this is am I wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, she probably was one of those girls that like tried to be an influencer. She probably like tried to make it in her sorority and like didn't make it very far. She went to college, maybe I probably dropped out because she was partying or something, and then maybe she fell back on OnlyFans, thinking like, well, all the other girls are doing it, and I'm pretty enough, so people will pay for me. But like the thing is is so many people are doing OnlyFans now that nobody's gonna pay for your mid ass titties.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, So I just it just seemed like an interesting choice, Like a desperate choice that somebody who has nothing to lose, that's what it is, will make in order to try and make some money, or somebody who's seeking attention, which she really seems to be needing attention totally.
Speaker 2: So she does her little crying pity party. Everybody tries to comfort her. Judah is like, hey, but you know, Jesus was like friends with prostitutes.
Speaker 1: Though, what did Billie Joe say.
Speaker 2: Like Judah's basically calling her a prostitute.
Speaker 1: Or something, Yeah, we welcome prostitute, Yeah, something like that. I thought that was funny.
Speaker 2: So that was kind of ridiculous. And then after Kendra cries her crocodile tears, then Bishop Vernon's like, we're gonna split you into two teams because we can't have you all in one same house or something. I don't know, just fucking just just straight fucking, just straight fucking. So they're gonna each stay with two Amish families, which are the ones that we introduce we were in introduced to at the beginning. So Kendra, Matt and Billy Joe are gonna go stay with Bishop Vernon's brother Alan and his wife Sarah, and then Judah Esmeralda and Aaron are going to stay with James and Emma.
Speaker 1: James that devious little troublemaking rat.
Speaker 2: The Amish outcast, and Emma the good Amish girl. And so when Kendra, Matt and Billie Joe go to Alan and Sarah's house, Alan's first impression of Kendra is that she's not taking this shit seriously, and he's correct, And then Billy Joe has to.
Speaker 1: Poop immediately, has to take a dump.
Speaker 2: Has the shit right there and then where she's gonna shit herself in her Armish garb. And so Alan's like, okay, sure, let me show you the bathroom, which is an outhouse with rotten wood, like barely any toilet paper, so.
Speaker 1: There's no toilet paper. They don't use toilet paper. He has her a newspaper.
Speaker 2: So Billy Joe goes to take a ship.
Speaker 1: Wait though, He's like, yeah, we get these newspapers for free. We go down there every morning and we just grab a couple of these newspapers. We bring it back and we don't use toilet paper. We wipe with the newspapers.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, what what I mean? What do you think toilet paper is made out of.
Speaker 1: It's ink on it, and then you wipe with it, and now you have that ink on you all up in your toilet.
Speaker 2: Paper's got chemicals, and shits got chlorine and bleach and stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm just scandalized. Billy Joe's like, are you serious right now?
Speaker 2: But she's like, I don't care. I gotta take a shit sometimes you gotta go. So she takes a ship. She comes out and she's like, I think I got a splinter in my ass. Let me go ask Kendra.
Speaker 1: To should be perfect for this. So ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Then we go over to James and Emma's house, which is a very different vibe, very very different vibe, very militant.
Speaker 1: Like they're waiting. Emma and James are waiting on the porch in their chairs, kind of in this intimidating dance. We've got the three of them as Mauralda, Aaron and Jude Judah come up. They won't even let them bring their suitcases into the home lest they defile the sacred vibration. And they bring them to the home. They introduce them to the quarters and Judah's legs sitting at the kitchen table with chairs made of wood, and he's like, I can't even sit on these chairs. They're made of wood.
Speaker 2: He literally says, this is too ghetto for me. I'm like, why.
Speaker 1: Judah come there? One as Marlda She's like, oh my god, there's a fly strip catching flies and there's absolutely no air conditioning and it's digy and old and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: With this, yep. And then they go outside to go through their suitcases because James and Emma said that they have to go through and make sure they get rid of all their contraband and all of their other worldly items. And I think they go through did they go through Esmerelda's first?
Speaker 1: And they go through Judas first. Okay, he's got his ripped jeans right, and his flamboyant, his belts and his colors and his bronstone and his boots, and they're like, yeah, no, you can't bring these into the home. And I think Emma says something like I would be embarrassed and probably shunned if I had to launder these clothes and hang them up. I would be so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: I mean based, I would be too. Yeah, And then they go through I think Erin's next, because Esmerelda's was like last because she throws a tantrum. But we go through errands and he's all worried because he's got a big old secret, which is his disability. And his disability is that he's got hearing aids, and specifically, his hearing aids that he has are Bluetooth and they're connected to his phone, and if he can't have those, he can't hear anything. So he's really worried that the homage people are going to find his hearing aids and not let him have them, and then he's gonna have to leave or something. They do end up finding them, and James is, like, their Bluetooth, they're connected to a cell phone, blasphemous. And they do go on to say that in the Amish community they do allow exceptions for some like medical devices and stuff like that, as long as they're not connected via Bluetooth or via like a cell phone or Internet or whatever. And so James's like, you can't have these, but I'll find you some alternative hearing aids somewhere, like in the dumpster or something. And then we get to Esmerelda's suitcase, which is completely chock full of various skincare products and hair products and makeup and her nails and fake lashes, and James is like, all this is going in the trash and Esmerelda is like, no, I need it though, and then she starts throwing a fit.
Speaker 1: Yes, they have to actually call Alan over from the other house to come over and mediate lay down the lot. He says something like, how dare you come into our community and to conform to your way of life. That's not how this works. And they tell her straight out like we do not allow make up nails. How are you gonna milk them cows?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And she's like, well, I guess they'm not milking cow pen. We don't allow for these lashes. And she's like well yeah, but like you've taken absolutely everything from me, so I'm just not going to let you take these things.
Speaker 2: This is so stupid.
Speaker 1: And they're like, okay, Bed, how about you just get on out. You'll leave tonight then, right, And then as morel does working out the numbers in her head, she's like, but what about my Instagram? What about my follower? You need to at least be here for a few days. So they leave us on a cliffhanger. Yeah, and it makes it look like as Marelda's gonna have to leave, But then we see the preview for the season and she's still there because God forbid, as a clout goblin, she'd actually go home and stand on business.
Speaker 2: Dante's down, of course, so I guess she does give up all of her other worldly stuff. So in the preview for the season, we have the Amish people teaching Judah how to use a saw, and then he like runs out of the pickbarn or something because he just can't take it. It's to ghetto for him. Then we have a budding romance or something between Matt and Kendra, which I'm just like, ew, Like, we don't need that. I would rather see people cry about not having their fake lashes, but that's just me. Then we have Billy Joe who's meeting.
Speaker 1: With oh my god man almost like simple Jack from Tropic Thunder with the hair with the hair, and he proceeds to tell.
Speaker 2: Her that he's actually got his nipples peers and he has her feel them, which I'm just like, Okay, maybe there's a romance between Billy Joe and an Amish guy. I don't know. Then we have Esmerlda saying that she's struggling because there's so much judgment. Yeah, there's so much judgment.
Speaker 1: Christian religion they judge people, bitch.
Speaker 2: And this fundamentalist religious community that shuns people. There's so much judgment. Then we have Judah who's saying he's keeping secrets, and my question.
Speaker 1: Is secrets it's always a gay conspiracy with you Beatrice.
Speaker 2: With those studded high top boots. I don't know. Then we have nat who's getting chased.
Speaker 1: Off the farm by Chase with an axe, Like, what's going on? What is happening? That seems kind of violent for Christian people?
Speaker 2: And it seems like all of these contestants make it to the day of reckoning it kind of does. It seems like it. So I guess there's no like elimination rounds or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I was like voting him off the community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was kind of hoping like Bishop Burdon would come like every week and be like, you know what, Kendrew, You're still a hoe.
Speaker 1: But get to the top of the cliff. Yeah. So I am intrigued, but as well, I mean, clearly there is some production tomfoolery. There would have to be in order to have cameras in an Amish community, et cetera. You have a lot of people from Lancaster on that breaking Amish sub read it saying this is fakery and fraudery, but I don't care. Listen. In a world is dark and dystopian, it's the one we are.
Speaker 2: Currently living in. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I look forward to laughter, I look forward to spectacles, and I look for to entertainment.
Speaker 2: And honestly, from the bottom of the barrel, they picked some pretty good crazy clouk goblins. Yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 1: I am as well. And again I say, these people are untrained in the art of camera for sure. They've never been on a show. They're not gonna know how to act. They think they know how to act because they've watched all the shows with the rest of us, but you don't know till you're in it. They're gonna make mistakes, They're gonna be awful people. I hope there's gonna be drama, and I just my expectations are really high.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: But they were really high for poly Family too, right, and that was a train wreck. Yeah, So we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: We will see how it goes.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed myself.
Speaker 2: Worst case scenario there's always one thousand pounds sisters. Oh yeah, that just came out. And also there's a new season season of Unexpected.
Speaker 1: Heard about that? And isn't the boy who impregnated a girl? Isn't he like thirteen? Wasn't he like twelve?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When he knocked up a fourteen year?
Speaker 2: Are we really doing this? Sale? Thank?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Should we really watch that? May? The answers? Yes? The answer maybe? I don't want to though anyway, So this was fun? Did you guys watch? Drop into the comments or write to Beatrice on the Instagram and let us know if you watched and what you thought of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you think it's fake? Do you think it's fun? We want to know.
Speaker 2: We do want to know.
Speaker 1: Now, is there anything else that we should say to these beautiful raccoons before we get a bond at a here? Bitches?
Speaker 2: Well, if you love our podcast, please go to your favorite podcast platform and leave us a glowing five star review. Really help us grow the pod so more people can join us on the dumpster and we would really appreciate it, so thank you.
Speaker 1: We will be back next week to continue our conversation about sister wives and suddenly Amish and until then please do not forget, and we have nothing but love for you and peace.
Speaker 2: A mighty
Speaker 1: H