Speaker 1: Yo, it's going out, everybody. Welcome to a new episode of My Cannic Cast. I'm Canda Dave, and.
Speaker 2: I'm Groovy and I'm Summer Sky and we are special guys, damn cow Girl today.
Speaker 3: Yes, sorry, I was freaking up volume still and there's a little bit more mic stuff going on today with a well, but we got.
Speaker 1: Two stars here, yes we do. I'm super excited for this episode. I'm glad you came out. You're here in Michigan, got you live in the studio, we got Summer in the studio.
Speaker 4: I'm bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's bad.
Speaker 1: Let's go then a pause, Yeah, yeah, yeah, right right, I'll be honest with how the hedgeholds.
Speaker 6: It's really weird. But let's let's dive into yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: First off, if you haven't seen Summer, follow Summer underscores guy four wives just because she's been doing her thing.
Speaker 7: But we're glad she's back. We're excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm hearing you.
Speaker 7: The little tipping about who you are and all about like what you're about.
Speaker 5: And I'm looking there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, Masure, I didn't check before. I'm deab Cowgirl. I come from Massachusetts. I work with the Flower Expo out in Michigan, which is a business to business cannabis expo that started in Massachusetts three years ago. When I met them, I was working in field marketing and for a ape company that when I left a couple months later to go on an extended vacation, Jason was one of the first people to reach out to me.
Speaker 5: To ask to work with me. So he was like, Hey, will you be the face of my brand? And I was like, absolutely, what a dream, But I'm going on vacation first. So that was kind of when I started with Flower Expo, and it was really like a slow burn, but it brought me out to Michigan, which is actually where my mother grew up.
Speaker 3: She grew up in Warren and then went t Yeah, we grew.
Speaker 5: So that's where my mom grew up too. She was born in the nineteen fifties. Actually, my mom's like seventy three. She's really cool. She's actually like one of the first female patent attorneys in the world. So lots of the time people ask like Francesca, like how have you like come so far in like the five years since, like you started in the industry, like as a bud tender and I'm like, well, like listen, like my mom's really impressive. I kind of like don't have a choice. I gotta work really hard. I work seven days a week, like I can't live down. She's really cool. I gotta do something with my life. And she's also older than most parents, so I gotta get it done fast, like.
Speaker 6: Are the best. That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 5: Yes, I actually have like the luck of being raised by lesbians. So all I got or moms. Unless you follow me on my side account, egg cowgirl, I always see.
Speaker 1: I always see it every every morning, different eggs.
Speaker 5: So aside from the eggs, I'm documenting on there that I got like some sort of ancestry or twenty three and me, I can't remember. I think it's ancestry. And I found like a relative and I can't remember her name, but she is like definitely like the sister of the sperm donor that my parents like used to create me.
Speaker 3: And I want to clarify an actual sperm donor because some people will.
Speaker 7: Call, you know, deadbeat dads and stuff.
Speaker 5: I just want to clarify which is you, Like, my culture is not a costume, okay, got you, Like they're really you know. They my parents went to the sperm bank. They read through binders and binders worth of information. They actually saved all of the research that they did. And when I was like eight years old, my mom handed me a binder like this thick and goes here, this is everything it took to make you. It took years. I was like, damn, that's crazy. I'm like such a I'm such a wild group project, absolutely nuts.
Speaker 7: They picked hair.
Speaker 5: It's so wild that they were able to genetically engineer that, and I green hair green. I was I meant to do this, you know, I'm surely blest. But one of his sisters, one of my sperm donor's sisters, reached out to me on like that ancestry thing and was like, hey, who are you and why does it look like you're my knee? And I messaged her back and I was like, so, like, my parents are lesbians, So like one of your three brothers has to be my sperm donor, because she mentioned that she had three brothers and she only had one niece that she knew of, And I was like, don't you know him? But like one of your brothers didn't tell you that he was up to making money in some different ways.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite background we've ever had. Usually people were like, you know, I got in the weed industry. No, She's like, check this out.
Speaker 5: I got the weed industry. They made. We'll get into the weeds step later. Like it's nice to meet you. Like my name's friend. I was raised by lesbians, which just makes me a second generation queer person, which is really cool. There aren't that many of us like that. My parents came out and I'm also out. Like that's very.
Speaker 6: Cool, absolutely, you know, yeah, that is I like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I'm very proud to be the child of lesbians. And my mom like found me and my friends smoking weed in my room when I was fourteen, and when she started, was it your first? So actually I started smoking weed when I was like thirteen or fourteen years old because my group of friends stopped hanging out with me because they thought I wouldn't smoke weed with them because I had said I had no interest in smoking weed in the past. And then they as soon as all of my friends stopped hanging out with me for two weeks, and I hit them up and I was like, I think it was like Facebook Messenger or something, and I was like, hey, like why you dude, Like, why don't you guys hang out with me anymore? Because I can see you're hanging out and like you're not inviting me, and you're all like in my neighborhood. Because that's like why we're friends is because we ride the bus together one real and they were like and they were like, we just thought you wouldn't want to hang out with us because we're smoking weed. And I was like, I'll literally do whatever drugs I have to in order to make friends. I really don't care. I was like, please don't leave me out out, Like literally, I was like, whatever it is you're doing, I'll do it. I'll jump off the bridge if I have to. I don't care. Just don't hang out with me. So I smoked weed for the first time, didn't get it. I was like okay, and like there then I would like smoke weed at parties with my friends because they wanted to smoke weed and I could get it, and that made them like me more. There was a little peer pressure there, you're saying in the beginning, for sure, fear pressure, like wanting my peers to like me. That kind of stuff was kind of like why I did it in high school.
Speaker 7: That's a social aspect of cannabis, and like it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought this up because there is that kind of social pressure when you're young, right to do that.
Speaker 5: I feel like now it's like babing, but it's the same idea.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 5: I don't babe anymore. I quit babing. Oh really, yeah, yeah, I actually I saw a meme uh that was making fun of people who vape, saying that it's an adult pacifier and that you should be embarrassed if you're a full an adult and you're sucking on a passy in public, and that like knocked it out of me. I just started bullying myself, you know.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and honestly, with vaping with cannabis, I felure. I never quite get high either, like the same way you do off just like a dab or weed.
Speaker 7: I don't think it quite hits the same. Yeah, it's like a little tease.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I have vape, like cannabis vapes because like they're gifted to me and stuff like that. But I meant like nicotinevapes oh yeah, yeah, like and the cannabis vapes, I don't use them as a main method of consumption, but like if you're traveling or something like if you're in a rental car, like summer, when'd you start smoking weed? How old were you? Oh?
Speaker 4: I was sixteen, Okay.
Speaker 5: So you weren't that far off.
Speaker 7: And it was seventeen because you were at spring break.
Speaker 6: So you were a spring break And then I smoked with my aunt once.
Speaker 1: I think I forgot which one was before, and then I got into it when we got into college together.
Speaker 6: So we're both pretty or we were older, we were old or not young. At seventeen, we were about.
Speaker 9: I'm younger, so I've been smoking. We'd probably the least amount of time we heard all of you.
Speaker 5: So are you old folks?
Speaker 6: I've been smoking mom since seventeen eighteen. We're thirty five.
Speaker 5: We're gonna years.
Speaker 6: I know that's a long time.
Speaker 5: We don't need to do that. The important thing is that we're all timeless.
Speaker 4: Age ages of mindset facts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I got many a couple we talked talking about what we got to ask this. We ask everyone what's your favorite way to consume? And I'm going to assume because of your name, but what's your favorit way to consume?
Speaker 5: Cannabis, dabbing. My dog summer is dab or too, right. I think every everybody eventually, like a flower, everyone eventually is going to fall a little bit in love with dabbing, you know, if they hang out with people who dab enough, like in good concentrats. You know, yeah, exactly you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dad used to fuck me up.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Whatever was in that ship in the beginning was not all weed. Like.
Speaker 7: That ship was oh, no chemical butane wax a tain tained turps.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, that was not good.
Speaker 3: It tasted if I closed my eyes and stuff was so bad back in the day.
Speaker 4: I remember when I took my first das change a lot.
Speaker 7: Now, look at this ship that frame brought, so it's it's changed a long.
Speaker 9: Yes, I took my first dab and I was with a bunch of friends and like I was like requesting like room temperature water. I was like really, I was like giggling. I was just like I.
Speaker 4: Was having fun.
Speaker 9: I was like, oh my god, I need water, but I have to be like room temperature.
Speaker 10: It was a whole thing.
Speaker 7: Room temperature.
Speaker 5: That's what Dad did you.
Speaker 6: I was literally hot.
Speaker 4: Like I wanted too cold.
Speaker 7: I was sweating so bad. I ripped off my shirt.
Speaker 6: I was sweating so bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're with me.
Speaker 3: I was on your floor exactly where I was at your living room, Flora.
Speaker 5: I was in San Francis. I was living in San France. I was with my friends black. Yeah, I was living in San Francisco. I was with my friend Alexi. Shout out to my friend Alexi dad, so you can find her on Instagram. She uh met me at Starbucks. We were like working at Starbucks together, and we like very quickly became friends because we just have like the same kind of like wild energy and spirit about us. And we would smoke a lot of weed together because I discovered living in San Francisco when I was exposed to weed in California through like the medical system that I like, I very quickly I smoked at once one time, actually after a DVT class with a girl who got into the elevator with me and went, do you smoke weed? And I, having no friends in the city, went absolutely, yeah. Can we go hang out bowl? Yeah? I was like I would literally do anything. Let's be friends, please. So we smoked weed in her mini and I was like, what is this? This is amazing. I was like, they don't have this where I'm from because I had grown up in Rhode Island. I lived in California until I was six and then I moved to Rhode Island.
Speaker 6: Over I go different.
Speaker 5: This is my first time being like in the Midwest for like long periods of time. So that musician, let's.
Speaker 3: Bring it to like why you're here because you're from Boston. You've been all over, so a little bit of history on your cammus. So what are you doing here in the Midwest.
Speaker 5: I am here working with Flower Expo and then also free Lancing. So Flower Expo is a business to business cannabis xpo. What is like?
Speaker 7: What what was all about it? Because I know you went last year, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I went.
Speaker 1: I made it one of the days. I think it was the second day I made it, and it was in Lancing. It was a pretty cool experience because it's a consumer or just going in there.
Speaker 5: Is the one where they sold the front two bucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everything was like.
Speaker 5: And that's the only state where we've ever done it like that.
Speaker 6: Usually they just gifted, right yeah, And that's.
Speaker 5: That's how we're doing it this year too. Things where we were with the cra I remember here is we're doing gifting. Yeah, this the CRRA is what the regulatory agency is called in Michigan. Right, nailed it. So like they way the way that they do, like the type of event that we are classified as they had us do a dispensary, but we're doing a private event this time. That's how a little bit with at least that's how I understand it, to be honest, Like you can't take anything. Then I say with that like one hundred percent because I work on like Flower Expo has five people who work like full time hours with the team, and so all of us are like very very dedicated to exactly what we're supposed to be doing it all the time. Yeah, So like I don't understand sports, but I do know who Lebron James is, so I do very much like when Jason uses this metaphor. But the founder of the Flower Expo, Jason bellows to flatter me. Of course, he says that I am like a Lebron James. So I'm really good at like going out and talking to people. So that's what he has me do instead of worrying about the other things. So ask me like really detailed questions. Brother, my job is to like make sure that you like me and like us enough to come to the show. Everything else is like, you know you're doing in Detroit this time. Yes, I think we had feedback from people that like we needed to do the show in Detroit, like people who are really insistent on it.
Speaker 3: That's coming here for events already, so the people are kind of already kind of used to figure out what he has to do that through time and time again, Lancing is just there's not.
Speaker 5: A lot of events.
Speaker 7: I'm not knocking Lance by any.
Speaker 4: I just moved to Lansing.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, I don't like.
Speaker 3: I love you, no, but for real, it's more or less just like I think people come used to getting Metro Detroit or sometimes you'll get the Grand Rapids, but even then it's harder to get people out there.
Speaker 5: People are used to coming to Metro Detroit.
Speaker 3: So I think you're doing that great And I just want to clarify because that's awesome that you Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I think I recommended Detroit. When I was talking to him, I was like, when I went last year, I was like, I was hoping to be in Detroit this year, and where's it at in Detroit this year.
Speaker 5: At the Detroit Shipping Company.
Speaker 6: Okay, the event as well to August.
Speaker 5: Twenty seventh and twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: So I believe it's next week. If you're listening to this right now, I believe it will be next week.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you'll be the your calendar. Yeah, it's going to be a great time. Even though it is next week at the time that you're listening to this, you can still apply for a ticket at the Flower Expo dot com and we're gonna try to put some social clips out center so you might be hearing, oh you might be wearing a sinner. Hi. Friends, twenty seventh and twenty eighth of August, please come to the Flower Exo. Come hang out with me. It's a consumption event, it's a it's a retailer focused event, so everybody from inventory, bud tenders, owners, managers, buyers, reception, We want you guys to come out to the show and just like really get to enjoy learning about cannabis in an environment where you're not worried about going back to work in ten minutes to go deal with customers for ten hours, because like, there are many struggles in retail and it's important to have a show that's dedicated to retailers. So that's what the Flower Expo is all about. And as somebody who was working in like I guess Starbucks is kind of like food retail, right, and then I went into bud tending, right when I went into cannabis, I really appreciate having a show that is focused on retailers in the retail experience. So that's why you'll find that if you do look to buy the general admission tickets to Flower Expo, which are only available to people who work in the cannabis industry. We are also like industry exclusive. We are not just the industry focused. We're not open to consumers. I dig it though, because that's how the that's how like the actual business is getting made.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes when you get the B two see events, there's nothing wrong with them, but you tend to sometimes get tend to sometimes you sometimes get those like just trying to get there to grab as much product as I can, where those these shows are dediticated by hey, I'm giving out product, but I'm giving out product in the sense of like hey, you'll do a buy, you'll meet someone exactly, or you know, media that we'll talk about it.
Speaker 5: There's some reason between marketing or.
Speaker 3: Sales, right, So you're there to generate revenue for businesses, you know, and so that makes sense. So you're here spreading the good word because we're doing in Detroit and now I know this for a fact, but I'm going to reiterate this for the podcast and all if we where else are.
Speaker 5: They We're also in Illinois. You can come to our Chicago show. That one's in September. Yeah, you can come to our Chicago show in September. If you work in the cannabis industry, if you work in retail, you get a free ticket. All you have to do is apply for your pass. Our Illinois show is going to be at the Garrity. It's going to be gorgeous, really awesome.
Speaker 7: So basically like bud tenders and like there's like.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, buttenders get free tickets. Even if you are a bud tender who is hearing this episode the day before the show, you can get a free ticket. Just email us if it's if the application is already closed. The email ops at the flowerexpo dot com. Like if you're a bud tender and you just got a job, the day before, have your manager send an email for you if there's no way for you to verify your employment yourself. You know, like we want to get you out there because you can get years worth of education by talking to those brand reps in person. You have an opportunity as a bud tender to talk to the wholesalers, talk to the marketing team and get your questions answered. And when you try new products, sometimes you have a question right off the top of your head. And if you're bud tending all day and then you get home and you have the energy to try a new product and like actually use your brain to think about it, so that way you can tell your customers about it tomorrow. If there's something that's like bothering you about it or something that's really wowing you about it, you're not really going to have the energy to look for the email on the box and then send an email for feedback. So like as like somebody who's exhibiting. I fell in love with Flower Expo as an exhibitor. I was working for pack Labs and we launched our gummies okay for the first time, Like the national launch was at the first Flower Expo in Massachusetts, and it was just such a great way to launch a new product because by the time it got to the disensories, there were already so many bud tenders who had tried it. All the buyers who would come had had samples.
Speaker 1: It also helps with education too, because educated on product, which right on to the consumer, which is going to help the industry grow and general.
Speaker 3: We're saying the consumers learn from Like maybe that's too much of exaggeration, but.
Speaker 5: Let's get probably like fifty but still.
Speaker 3: But but that's because you know, not everyone's doing the research and checking out podcasts and doing the research and actually.
Speaker 5: Looking for information.
Speaker 6: Spread us, spread, spread the spread our good words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but slaying it bang Smacking's wing the cups.
Speaker 5: Ship.
Speaker 9: I was going I do have a comment though, I think that's a great thing that you guys are including the bud tenders in it, because I feel like they are often excluded from a lot of different industry only events. And oh so a lot of people in the industry start out as bud tenders, you know, and.
Speaker 4: So there's a huge face exactly, you.
Speaker 9: Know, like so many people start out as bud tenders, and you know, for a lot of people different people. They're always looking for different growth opportunities, so that's a great way for them to connect with different brands and you know, other opportunities for advancement in the in the space un percent.
Speaker 3: And then and I'm glad you brought that up because I remember that's that's what it is. There's I said eighty percent, but whatever percent is. They're a huge facing part of your brand. So if that education comes from them, it like it just gets you more sales in the end.
Speaker 5: You know, even if the buyer loves your product, even if you're the buyer's favorite product, they can't bring in as much of you as they want to. If the bud tenders don't love and understand your.
Speaker 1: Brand one hundred percent, they're they're the face there are people ask them when you go in. When I first started getting the cannabis ice, the butttenders, hey.
Speaker 6: What do you recommend? What are some of the good products out there?
Speaker 1: And those are usually what you do as a consumer when you're going in and you're just getting into cannabis or you want to try something different.
Speaker 5: When you're in a new market too, Like, the only thing you have to go off of it is either typing in like a brand name that you've never seen before and read it into your phone, which like we all know how trustworthy it can like be your baby, you know, like that man's like you know, especially like in a new state where you're like I don't know these user names, yeah ball fifteen, Like are you? Who is this guy? I don't know if I can trust it?
Speaker 4: My caniss.
Speaker 5: Spelled my who mechanic? Like who are So it's like when you go into a new market, like the first time I'm shopping in Michigan or the first time that I'm shopping in Illinois, it's like I'm relying on what the bud tenders are telling me, like these are the best friends. This is my favorite. Like this is.
Speaker 3: Really good point because that's a big part of the market is traveling to the people coming and then they get even bigger percentage people who are just going to learn from them.
Speaker 5: That's that's well, that's good point. You got some valid points here. And it's like your average consumer. I only have like two like really close friends that are like outside of the industry, and like the moment that I had been to Michigan, just once they started texting me asking me for advice.
Speaker 7: I was like, guice, I'm not that.
Speaker 5: It was like I was like, I've been here for vacation to buy weed once asking for advice, and then it was like my friend asking for like a dispensary recommendation in the Upper Peninsula, when I was like, Babe, I've only been here.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, I do give you a recommendation.
Speaker 9: Hey, hey, here's my line you ever need Michigan REGs.
Speaker 5: I'm like, this was this was before I knew even New Sky.
Speaker 3: You know, I think a little shout at Elevated Exotics who just threw sisow, which at this point I played, But it's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yea well, elevated Elevated Exotics. That's the dispenser.
Speaker 7: They have a couple of dispos and they're throwing the festival.
Speaker 5: They're also a dispenser out there.
Speaker 7: It's really just primarily there's a bunch up there.
Speaker 9: There's so much fire stations. And I love Northern Specialty Health too.
Speaker 4: I love Penny.
Speaker 5: She's so wholesome. Non.
Speaker 7: That's like right near like the bridge going to Kew that's up there.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been there. They're actually really helpful. I love I love it. Up there.
Speaker 6: It's beautiful.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 4: Go get yourself some thimbleberry jam up there.
Speaker 5: I've never I usually like smoke fish. That's my hope. Like super is a picture of a timpleberry, so I can find out what that isberry?
Speaker 4: So a thimbleberry.
Speaker 9: It looks like a raspberry, but it has much smaller like little attachment thingies, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, now so you know, okay, I do also want to try that. Why can't we try it now?
Speaker 9: I have thimbleberry jam at my house, but.
Speaker 5: I want to try from from the up, from the up, but I want to try the berry. This is a thimble How do I try the actual berry?
Speaker 6: Here to see the photo.
Speaker 9: That's a thimbleberry, Jeremy, I'm going to need you to play picture.
Speaker 5: Of the raspberry. Hopefully I have a video here of them. It's literally just a sexy raspberry. Oh yeah it is.
Speaker 6: I probably love thimbleberries because I love raspberries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, berries, they taste just like raspberries.
Speaker 9: I haven't tasted I haven't cracked open the jamberry yet. I've been waiting for like the perfect tasting opportunity, and this wasn't it dang, well, we're already tasting a bunch of other flavors.
Speaker 5: You, we're already tasting a bunch of other flavor or tasting all.
Speaker 4: These flavors here.
Speaker 6: You got weed, weed, terps, turps debs.
Speaker 3: By the way, if anyone take a dab here. I went first and started off with the blueberry.
Speaker 5: I'll show your technology, do it. You got the monopoly melts. Bust this out?
Speaker 3: So okay, So we kind of got up. We're gonna keep getting off tangents.
Speaker 5: But that's what's happen.
Speaker 3: How you did hear Michigan and you know you've been going to dispo spread the good word about Michigan Expo. But obviously like flowers da Michigan Expo, the Michigan Flower Expo.
Speaker 5: I skipped the words Flower Xpo, Flower Excel, Michigan Flower Expel Detroit and hit it with those tags.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But but you've been going to events too, because thats where we've been seeing you bopping around.
Speaker 5: How do you liking the events out here?
Speaker 6: I love the party sum Yeah we do.
Speaker 5: There's parties like once a week. Yeah, it's been really great and I feel like I see a lot of people. I need a lot of new people, like people are friendly generally, like in a good mood.
Speaker 1: Like do you have the type of do you have these type of events out in a mass Massachusetts thro Oh yeah, okay, yeah, I haven't been to the massach.
Speaker 5: One thing that's weird for me is that in Massachusetts we have like a weekly industry night at this consumption lounge in Worcester called the Summit Lounge that's owned by my friend Kyle Moon. So it's a consumption lounge. It's a consumption lounge. So Kyle opened up a lounge where you can bring your own weed and you can buy like espressos, avogados, like peanut butter and fluff sandwiches, a delicacy in Massachusetts for a Nutter.
Speaker 7: We are almost there, we do eventually. That's the big part of this episode.
Speaker 3: I really want that we want to talk about Michigan and mass Chusetts.
Speaker 4: Suff I got a perfect one right after.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm getting thoughts. And with the Michigan thoughts on Michigan events. That's like every single Wednesday, he has an industry night where like entry into the lounge is half off, so it's five dollars instead of ten dollars, and usually a brand will sponsor as well, so like you'll get like face to FaceTime with those brand reps and like you know, maybe some sample like I'm trying like some stuff, like it's good. It's a great time, so similar, that's cool. Like it's a great time, and it's every week and it's at the same place, and you like know where people are gonna be and you get to try new stuff if you haven't like if you're like if you're not that familiar, or you just get to see your friends, like and even if you don't work in the industry, you can pay the regular entry fee to get in and like be a part of it. Ten dollars.
Speaker 6: That's it is. This is this in Boston or outside Worcester.
Speaker 5: So Worcester is about an hour west of Boston, and so Woostern, Massachusetts is actually where the smiley face was invented in nineteen sixty three by a man named Harvey Ball.
Speaker 3: He insurance forst gump face.
Speaker 5: He gave him that that's stolen valor. It was Harvey Ball and it was in Worcestern, Massachusetts. Was just a stupid it was like an assignment from the insurance company that he worked for. He was asked to draw something that would spark joy, so like you know, yeah, he drew the smiley face that invented happiness in Worcester, Massachusetts. Yeah, a great place. It's also where like the WU Socks, which is the like minor league baseball team to the Boston Red Sox play, So like sometimes you'll pull up to the Summit Loude and you'll be like, oh, the parking is really shitty. I know the WLU Socks are playing right now, but like don't. It's a really really great place just to have like you know, a local lounge where you know that like Tuesday through Saturday, like if they're open, like you can go there and like you know, like someone from your community is probably going to be there, and if they're not going to be there, is going to be there. He's part of the community too.
Speaker 1: It sounds like, you know, Barcelona, the shops that we went to in Barcelona where they had the espresso. You're able to probably purchase weed, You're able to bring weed. Is Michigan is just like.
Speaker 9: Well, so far people have been nailed in wait, wait, hold on, I do want to interject I've heard a lot of really good feedback about the exhibiting port Huron. I've actually gone to get to know their Burton store through my new job, and.
Speaker 3: I will say the one in the Superior Solving list is beautiful out there in Bay City. So if you're on basit, I was going, keep kind of coming and going. I just love to see when get successful.
Speaker 5: It really difficult, like Kyle, like it is constantly like working and likes and like, so there is no dispensary that's attached to it. He does a private club model, and I'm pretty sure that like he's the only one in the state because they like you know, created a law after he did it to prevent anybody else from doing it.
Speaker 6: What damn that kind of stu. I mean, that's great for him, but like that stuck. You can't if you can there.
Speaker 5: Working on I'm not like, don't quote me on that, But there isn't another one that like functions in the same way that Kyle does. Like there's Diaspora, which is a really great like black owned one that is in I believe Cambridge, and they do events like every single week. I feel like from what I see on Instagram and like they are not open like you know, like regular hours, but they're constantly doing events with the community, so like we have also like Witch Doctor the glass blowing studio. Also like up in Salem, they have this beautiful event space that like, yeah, and you went to Salemon. You didn't invite him.
Speaker 6: My company took me. This is when I first started at my first child.
Speaker 5: And you didn't ask if your homie could come as a plus one can.
Speaker 4: Care the bed with you.
Speaker 6: We've had plenty of sleepovers.
Speaker 5: Salem should be one of them.
Speaker 6: Like you're about to go.
Speaker 11: Salem episode, Dave doesn't actually like our houses, so we go to a Greyguard or something and Scared of the Jesus should do actual tour you could do like a haunted walking tour.
Speaker 5: Did you do it?
Speaker 1: I did the I would I did. I did some type of Salem tour where I walked around some area, but it was during the day though I wanted.
Speaker 5: The nighttime ones are fine.
Speaker 1: I bet.
Speaker 5: I'll take your content, but I don't deny your audience.
Speaker 6: I'd be down. I'd be down.
Speaker 5: Would you want to see Scared Dave?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 11: Boston, all right, so one boat there we go.
Speaker 6: And if I said no, you just say yes and then.
Speaker 5: You know what the you know?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we didn't even ask this and I didn't this. So a little background on the hat. I gotta know the hat and is it because the floor xp so actually the dam cowgirl like.
Speaker 1: Because it looks like sunflower too at the sunflower stuff for origin story.
Speaker 5: So oh, I forgot that. We learned about you and what you love, you know, the origin story. I'm so glad you asked. I get this question all the time, and it's actually it's pretty fun. So I started as a bud tender and then I eventually worked my way into being a brand ambassador for a company called Northeast Alternatives, which is actually the parent company to support a dispensary, which actually I think they just had their first harvest like this past month. A shout out to them, because they're the ones who took me out of the dispensary. My friend Hilary King hired me. She was the director of wholesale at the time, and she hired me to be a brand ambassador. And I was trained by Steven Barbosa, who was just like this, very charming, like he's still a brand ambassador at Northeast alternatives now and he's just like charming, effervescent. The stores love him, the customers crave him. People walk through the door and they just come over the table. They're like, I want to talk to this guy. And I was like, fuck, man, my hair might be green, and like my outfits might be wacky, but like I gotta get something with an edge. And I was like walking out of my basement, like probably like the second day of getting trained, and I saw this like green cowboy hat that wasn't this one. It was like a sparkly one that I don't know if I don't think I brought it with me here. I think it's like in my basement back in New England somewhere. But I saw this cowboy hat that I had worn to a hairy styles Harry Wien concert one of the best nights of my life. Not to brag. You can hear me specifically scream on the recording of him singing Somewhere over the Rainbow. Yeah, yeah he can. Do you know how beautiful he looks with rosy red blush on his cheeks in a pair of shiny red hills. So beautiful. But I was like, there were only two people in front of me. Okay, he was so beautiful. I was right there. I'm incredibly lucky. And I was in this like virtual line thing or something like you paid extra through American Express or some credit card company and then you were able to like sit on your phone like a month before the show, and like everybody clicked the button at the same time, and you got to sign a space in the line. And I was before person one hundred, so I like knew. They made us all like you know, peacefully filing and whatever. So we all like got where we needed to go, and one girl even like passed out, and then we let her. When she got better, they like walked her back to where she like everybody led her through to where she was at original Lang, which was so nice. And there was one girl because they didn't have food. Sorry this is like a side tangent, but they didn't have food for us, and they made us get there at like one or two pm, and they didn't have food for us until the regular doors opened, so by then, like everybody else had filled in the rest of GA and pushed us forward. And there was one brave girl who I will never forget, and I wish I don't know her name or her like socials. She lit was like, who wants food? Venmo me and put in like the venmo, request what you want and I will go buy it. And she came back and brought us allt food. Yeah. It was like I was like, you are. I was like, you are like a god to me. I was like, this soft pretzel is more nourishing than anything I've ever held in my hands before. But yeah, but so that hat that I wore that night, I saw in my basement and I grabbed and I just like put on without a second thought, right and very quickly I realized that like saying howdie and wearing like the fun green cowboy hat with the green hair, people were really receptive to that, and it also made them remember me, and it also made them really excited.
Speaker 3: Funny Summer described, She's like, oh, do you know dem cowgirl before we met?
Speaker 7: I was like, oh, I know, I'm not sure. She's like, oh the green hat.
Speaker 5: The green Yeah. This shout out to m J Biscon.
Speaker 10: It was super easy to find you too.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it was like it worked really well for industry events. It worked really well for like people knowing me, Like you know, and then it's like, by the time you meet me, even if you didn't know me, because Summer asked you if you knew me, as soon as you saw me, you go, oh, that's the girl Summer was talking about.
Speaker 6: And then like I didn't even know you're in Michigan and I saw you Meek Puff.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and I think we were at Forest and I literally told you groovy right he thought he saw it.
Speaker 5: I was like, dude, that that looks like you did see me. I was or we didn't know until Africa Ship. I did scream your day, but I.
Speaker 12: Was like that can't be it a word exactly the way, but like it was.
Speaker 1: And then also a fun fact we were leaving that night noticed at Forrest's the.
Speaker 5: One and only it actually happened to me like several times. Yeah he Junkie noticed me too. Oh no Ship, yeah, oh the really nice girl who wear yeah Gaddy, she noticed me. She like like you know, she was like, oh my god, I know you from Flower X but we'll see you at the show. And I was like, oh my god, here's that. And I gave her a Flower Expo bucket hat, which actually leads me to I have these are like limited edition. I don't know for working. Thank you guys so much for having me on the show.
Speaker 4: Got the bucket mom put it on, guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, I think the headphones on that's tired.
Speaker 3: Yes, like actually, you know what's crazy and it actually fits with the head bones on.
Speaker 5: Not too shabby. It looks good. Yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: The sixties, all right, let's get it. Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 5: People love those because they're big flower X.
Speaker 1: Well August twenty seven. Aug twenty see US did shipping container.
Speaker 5: Just right shipping company, so if you've never been there before. I actually also like, I'm kind of a nerve.
Speaker 4: This, so it's like a cow girl hat.
Speaker 5: You look, so I've never worn it like that, I'm kind of a nerd. Guys. The flyers that I hand out to the dispensaries and then also to the Oh no, I brought them for both of you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I brought I like each day's different retailers only.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so day one is like buyers, owners managers, like you know, assistant store managers can come to that as well, I believe, but it's basically for people with decision making power in the dispensary to like have their meetings in person.
Speaker 5: That way you can like schedule pop ups, you can like come up with marketing plans, you can like I I think it's like, you know, you can do the kind of things that you would do over zoom or like you know, over an email, but in person, face to face, hopefully with so much the joint in your hands.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it's so much better when you can do it face to face. You're smoking, you're having conversations. I mean, that's how a lot of connections and network units have has happened in cannabis through years.
Speaker 6: So being able to bring that.
Speaker 1: As an event to the city with people making connections, smoking, having conversations, trying the product, Like you said, this is good stuff, Well let me get it in my shop, maybe work out a deal, yadayad YadA.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 5: We'll be there.
Speaker 6: I don't know what day, maybe stop day to day two, day.
Speaker 5: Two, yeah, I think both days are valid. But likes somebody who was a bud tender, I think that's the exciting day because it's like, those are the folks who are really going to be selling your products, you know, those are the people who are like, oh.
Speaker 6: And it's long. It's twelve tone you it's going to.
Speaker 5: Be very long. Because we got feedback from the bud tenders, and we also from our show in Chicago that one went similar hours and we had lots of bud tenders that showed up later in the day that were really grateful that we were opening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that makes it.
Speaker 1: That's smart because that is something that you do want for people that work in the industry, especially bud tenders. Who's who's going to be working the stores if they're at the event, you know, so you got to be able to have it throughout.
Speaker 6: And it's like shifts.
Speaker 1: So you've got the morning shift, you can go on afternoon, if you're working the night shift, you go on.
Speaker 6: The boarding vice versa.
Speaker 5: Pretty cool. I'm excited for I'm excited the plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like to go check because we'll try and product.
Speaker 6: So for Chicago, they do the same thing. It's like the samples.
Speaker 1: You're able to try the product, similar style and stuff, and you're able to smoke at the event.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's a great time. So Chicago was such a lively show the first time that we did it in the spring and it was the only show where we've ever like you know, kind of dipped our toe in the water and started with one day instead of two and are we were so well received that we're doing another show even though we did our first show in Chicago in Marshall, So you're going back kind of like we're going back before our second year because they were so excited and happy to have us. We love Chicago.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I And honestly, the me and Jason did the architecture tour after the show. This it was that was amazing.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Chicago.
Speaker 5: It was so good. He was like, we could do one thing or the other. Do you want to see the bean or doing an architecture tour? And I was like, I want to see the buildings the bean. It was like, I want to see the buildings. Be is so like you would you see it eventually, It's like but it's like.
Speaker 3: A I don't know, man, I'm just so underwhelm because especially I lived there for a little while, so every time someone came, the sixth time you're showing someone the bean, he'right there.
Speaker 5: It is you know what I mean? You go you go under your cool. It's mirror. All right, well, going with some coffee you'renn drink. It's like a five minute so many I love Chicago once a day, but this is the fun part. And now that we're smoking is the perfect time. Whenever he least expects it.
Speaker 3: I want to go back and forth between questions about what why we want you to ask us Michigan questions, and we're gonna try to We're going to try our best to ask you some bossing questions.
Speaker 7: It can be industry related, it cannot.
Speaker 3: The reason the reason why we brought this up, though, is because you coined a term that me and Dave still make jokes all the time about.
Speaker 5: So it wasn't it wasn't just me. It wasn't really me at all. I feel like it was Kara, my friend the Cannabis manicurists, when we were I think it was when we were in Vegas, right roll. Yeah, he rolls the toolips. That's what she's really well known for in the cold. I think she also won Rookie of the Year for the Raw World Championship for rolling this last year. Yeah, with her gully it was really beautiful and she worked on it for a really long time, like she really it's fern gully is what she called it. And it had like frogs and like lily pads and it was only out of papers and weed that I believe was gardens by Guilts.
Speaker 2: That's such a cool art crazy, I love it. I can roll joints an artist, like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now I just rolled my first joint and it was actually because I got into Kara has showed me a million times, like the easiest way to roll a joint that she says, and I still never roll them because I'm like, girl, we're friends. Like if I want to smoke a joint, I'm just gonna ask you if you want to hang out, like let's be so for real, Like I love to dab. I never want to smoke a joint that bad. That like, I don't have a friend that's gonna roll for me if I want to smoke one, or like a pre roll company that I love, like paper Crane that's gonna like hook me up. You know.
Speaker 7: I understand that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like I'm like I can take care of us with the dabs, you can take care of us with the rolls, like I'm good. It's the perfect and yang, yes it is but when you're watching this, you should tag your friend. That's the gin to your yang, and the dab to your.
Speaker 6: Who's your flower, the.
Speaker 5: Honey to your lettuce?
Speaker 10: Who's the dab to your egg?
Speaker 6: I love eggs, eggs?
Speaker 5: How do you guys take your eggs?
Speaker 6: Over easy? It's my favorite?
Speaker 9: I prefer.
Speaker 4: Depends on that too, dry, scrambled or baked.
Speaker 5: What's the thing with paprika?
Speaker 4: You know, like an egg bite the devil?
Speaker 5: Deviled eggs? Okay, okay, I paprika? What do you mean? No? Hold on only one?
Speaker 7: Never try?
Speaker 5: Wa? Wait? Wait?
Speaker 4: And I do like eggs, Benedict. I like eggs, Benedict?
Speaker 5: What you say? I do like eggs? Bended eggs? Egg is the best? Y'all? You like eggs? I didn't know what would be doing egg debate. I didn't know either, but that eggs would come up. It doesn't make sense that eggs would come up.
Speaker 6: Over easy is the way to go.
Speaker 3: Doubled eggs, if I'm gonna go, my favorite, because I'll put so much pepper out of there.
Speaker 5: It's like barely egg. I love it.
Speaker 9: Oh wait, do you not like paprika or doubled egg I don't like double the eggs either.
Speaker 5: I don't like hardoil because I haven't you make some weird soft boiled egg I've only ever seen.
Speaker 7: I've never seen it before you started posting never.
Speaker 5: Oh, is that what that is? I don't know. It's in the soup. Man, I didn't eat the egg. That's okay. I'm glad that we're here and we're talking about it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, enlightenment, listen.
Speaker 5: We all need to learn somehow, you know. Yeah, And I'm like, I'm happy I could teach you because the soft boiled egg goes really underappreciated in America. I think I think it goes often overlooked. Most theTimes I go to restaurants I ask about it, They're like, whoa, we don't do that here, really know where? I don't know where you're having, like, we don't we don't do those types of eggs around. I don't want to egg. And I'm like, the harder version of a soft boiled egg, Yeah, a poach tag is literally like a harder version of a socking boiled egg. And they don't know. No, I mean like harder is and it's more difficult to make because it's like out of the shell and you have to like swirl it in the water. Do you know what a poach tag is? It's okay, So like poast eggs are like.
Speaker 6: You, let's go through all that different eggs real quick.
Speaker 5: Hold on, I don't.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Michigan boss and stuff. Now we're talking about eggs like. That's fine, We'll do some egg knowwledge.
Speaker 4: This is for the egg cowgirl account.
Speaker 5: Let's just keep saying the word egg, cowgirl and egg. And we didn't even I didn't even tell you more about how I ended up with like flower expell because I didn't. I ended the story about how I found the hat. Wait wait, we completely missed the whole point I'm talking.
Speaker 9: About, like we're nailing this podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes, I want to elaborate. Hold on, I want to elaborate.
Speaker 9: So Michigan style was uh.
Speaker 5: A whiteboard right there that had like the itinerary of where our conversation should land.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's perfect.
Speaker 5: Can I thank you guys like a whiteboard? Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait, hold on, hold on, let me finish.
Speaker 9: Okay, So Michigan style is where people just ash on the ground instead.
Speaker 4: Of ashing in an ash tray.
Speaker 9: Jeremy just demonstrated that I.
Speaker 5: Do it in my house.
Speaker 3: I hate to admit it, like I don't do all the time, but sometimes I'll just like not think about it, just as like I'm outside.
Speaker 9: To be fair, to be fair the people from Michigan in that specific group setting, we're all ashing on ourselves.
Speaker 1: Yes, so.
Speaker 5: Right now I have as.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always have ASH, especially if I'm laying down watching a movie or show late at night and you're just smoking and you're just like.
Speaker 9: The and then here we have Kiara and Fran just using the ash tray.
Speaker 5: You know every time. That's crazy. I don't know where you were mathematician.
Speaker 6: That's impressive.
Speaker 5: Like it's like I'll be like I should hit it again, and they.
Speaker 1: Want to get her, like we'll hit it and be like he'll after ash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we're pushing off ash problem.
Speaker 4: You my ASH inconsideracy.
Speaker 5: As we were like at the Michigan event and like mj Viscon and Kara like leaned into me and was like, Fran, they don't have any ASH, dude at events. We don't. We don't just be doing it. It was at the the Michigan after party at mt Biscon. Oh well that was at the yeah, oh that was shut up. We went man, we're all there is great. Yeah, right, both of those were great events.
Speaker 6: And you actually popped on the stream. You popped on the live stream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this is technically on my first time back.
Speaker 6: Well you want to live, Oh if you want.
Speaker 5: To, I do.
Speaker 7: I am because I wanted somewhere, so I'm happy.
Speaker 5: They are different different. We got purple and green altogether. I'm just thinking of like goodly lavender.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking I almost thinking like let alone, I'm thinking turms.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sorry, Yeah, yeah, let's go around what terpans?
Speaker 5: Would we all be b are like your most I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'd be lemon. Yeah, I love lemon lemon.
Speaker 3: Quote. I was going, all right, damn, I don't put me on the spot. I feel like I'm spicy made care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a nice nice to dat of turp to calming.
Speaker 5: Beta canfle go with.
Speaker 7: I like it spicy, it's gm O too, so perfect.
Speaker 6: Would you be sommer of course?
Speaker 5: Period? Someone tell me what I am? M what why do I give guys?
Speaker 9: I'm feeling lene for some reason, I was or pining. Yes, because you're energizing, uplifted.
Speaker 6: That's why I would go with the turpoline. I think with the orange.
Speaker 9: Terpolean piney, maybe you're like a combo.
Speaker 4: We're a blend.
Speaker 5: No, this is fun. We should do this as a booth. Yeah, next time, I want you guys to have like a what turpene are you where people can come up and get their turp or a guy? Yeah, yeah, yeah, like a and then you can like you know, give them like you know, like a name tag or something or like a I don't know, like.
Speaker 9: One of those old school like bud BuzzFeed courses. Are you a right?
Speaker 3: I got one question for you as a Boston person, Boston there, Boston night, what.
Speaker 5: Bostonian New England person New England or New England and New England.
Speaker 3: Dave might kind of hit me with like some shirts shooting comments too, and people in the champ might big your problem.
Speaker 5: But what's this big deal in the lobster role.
Speaker 7: It's not like it's just a hot dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course you would say that when we're here. We mean I had it there, it was good, I had harbor. I had in the Boston Harbor. After this guy's a hater, I'm not where you want to get one, bro, respectfully, big lobster guy. So you didn't go to a seaside town. You didn't go to a seaside town and a little shack with some kid who's fourteen years old working there, Like that's your own fault. But see, I gotta yeah, there's the there's the boss.
Speaker 6: Like we didn't like the last I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: It's just that everyone was building it up. Then you go buy a little hot it's like thirty dollars or whatever, and it's like cool, it's a great experience. But I enjoyed the experience because I was in the arm.
Speaker 5: It was in the habit enjoying it. Okay, I enjoyed the lost. Okay, So did you have like the butter roller the mannaise one? Because I like the cold one better with the manna Okay, yeah that's the better one. Right, Okay, I'm like confused about you not understanding saying.
Speaker 9: Do you have to you know, I actually tried a lobster roll for the very first time at Taco Fest this year in Royalo, Okay, and I got one with butter and garlic on it, and.
Speaker 10: It was good, but also I wanted butter.
Speaker 9: I want to shout out Maine because my grandmother was born in Presquyle, so shout out me in New England.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like one of the most places on earth and that's where you should. I just want to know why the chat.
Speaker 3: Just let me know big probably are the best probably getters.
Speaker 5: You know what, I think we should bring him to bring eat a lobster roll.
Speaker 6: We're gonna go to that lobster.
Speaker 5: Rolls could travel Google, you know, like you should during your sylum travels will make you enough lobster rolls that you love them. I cares enough.
Speaker 4: Butter garlic, butter amazing. Maybe like cages.
Speaker 5: I don't knows anywhere you would get you had some more Michigan ones. Okay, do you know what? Okay? Okay, Dave, Dave? Can I tell you about what keeps happening to me? Every single Friday, three of my best friends you know who you are, go out to go get dollar fucking oysters, and I always have to watch them on Instagram and I'm like, wow, my dream date and he knew that every single like almost every single week, they're going out for oysters, and I'm like wow, and I'm over here. No oysters, I just but why would you eat an oyster over here? Though? That would that's weird because he don't love oysters.
Speaker 6: You don't get that. We don't have I'm never on the East Coast.
Speaker 5: You've got to go over there.
Speaker 1: We'reittingster rolls, oysters and Salem.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys have to check out which doctor they have this. What I was gonna say is they have this incredible venue where like not only will they have like you know, like you can sash there, but they'll have glass blowing lessons. So like it's just it's genuinely so freaking cool. You can like see people learning how to glassgow. I've made a couple of pendants.
Speaker 1: There any events coming up in like September October in Boston, so November November.
Speaker 5: Honestly, the event that I'm I'm signed up to go to right now that's in November November first is the very heady Holiday Party in New York. It's one of the last events.
Speaker 3: Right about New England's community that they all really are so inclusive to each other around Ohio and Michigan because we are farther apart.
Speaker 7: We don't get that as much like crossover as y'all do.
Speaker 5: I love that. Well, it's like I can get to New York in like four hours, You're right, you know. So it's like yeah, yeah, it's the same way as you guys. That's the same differences you guys going up. You guys are going up to the Upper Peninsula this weekend. We would we would just be hitting the bridge.
Speaker 6: Yeah, eight hours. It's eight hour drive.
Speaker 5: It's about four hours from where you live.
Speaker 1: It's about like three and a half from where yeah, four So I was talking all the way up though the Republic about eight hour drive.
Speaker 7: Oh, or we're going Yeah, see, if you're going straightway.
Speaker 4: See, it's a little diffusing because if you go to like you can.
Speaker 3: Drive through Michigan for like ten hours because you can go all the way to like Copper Harbor, right, But if you want to just go to like to Canada, like Sus Saint, it's only.
Speaker 7: Like five five and a half, I think, all the way through.
Speaker 3: But that's like straight up, yeah, it's it's I love Michigan, but it's.
Speaker 5: Like, honestly, like I love Michigan, but yeah, that's why I'm able to like go to New York like that is because it's like four hours away and you're in Massachusetts, Rhode Island or like you know, is that like.
Speaker 3: New York City or like, oh sorry, I keep going back to the Michigan Boston.
Speaker 5: US Like, you guys should come out for the very heavy holiday party. I convinced Sam from uh Midnight Smoking to come out. Shout out, Yeah, come out November first, get your ticket. They sell out. I'm like, that's not even kidding. You guys should come out. It's like really fun you go to that community. So what was your first experience at lakes Michigan Lake? Honestly, it was so beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. Uh. That was actually where I found out that Michigan, the lakes in the Midwest, like the Great Lake, they are glaciers. Summer told me. I was like, that's crazy. They're melted glaciers. No fucking way. And I've been telling all my friends back home about that because they had no idea, because I had no idea. None of us knew.
Speaker 7: You didn't you ask me about pop?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yeah. One of my questions for you guys is if it makes you cringe when I call like when I call it soda?
Speaker 6: So it soda.
Speaker 5: Do you cringe?
Speaker 9: Unfortunately I started calling it soda, and I apologize to all of my sounds.
Speaker 5: Like you're being proper, you know what I mean? Like, oh, soda, it's pop.
Speaker 1: Man, I would probably say pop, but like I don't drink much pop. Yeah, yeah, but people the comments might take offense to that.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, listen.
Speaker 9: I also don't really drink pop anywhere. But also when I think pop, like the connotation is like fago, like cotton can candy, like fag pop, you know, like something.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love like the like fun sweet flavors.
Speaker 9: Right, but when when I think of like pepsi your favorite, I think of I don't really.
Speaker 5: Think like.
Speaker 9: I love kanon candy fago, but you know what, yeah, or I also really enjoyed that new bubble gum fago that was the ship. Yeah, that was the ship.
Speaker 7: Cherry Coke has always been my favorite.
Speaker 5: Cherry co Cherry coke specifically is the top tier secret had I mean, that would be like a really weird, But I do have one friend that over coke. Do you guys prefer pepsi or coke coke? She's thinking about it. That's like neither.
Speaker 10: Cool let's go with.
Speaker 6: That red pop will kill me.
Speaker 9: But here's all right, I have to like really limit the amount of sugar I also consume, so I'm not like really drinking.
Speaker 7: Of that about.
Speaker 9: But if I do grab a pop or like a soda, it's typically like like a diet pepsi or something.
Speaker 3: I just think it shows that you're not Midwest, that's all. It's like, that's it's not really a big deal. My mom's from Jersey and she still says soda, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Soda?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Joysey, New Jersey water Colfe.
Speaker 5: That's my mom. She's real Jersey.
Speaker 7: So I think I got that kind of accent from her, Like I've heard.
Speaker 5: It, you know what I mean. So you guys, ever been to Boston? Yeah? What do you got you any questions?
Speaker 4: I've never been to Boston.
Speaker 7: I mean in Boston, Massachusetts or Massachusetts.
Speaker 9: Maybe when I was like really little, like beyond memory capacity.
Speaker 5: Oh, I got one.
Speaker 3: The different This is just difference between Michigan and Boston. What do you think about our Michigan turnarounds?
Speaker 5: Her left? I hate those. It's weird turn left, riding on the wrong side of the road. I'm driving it's the one where it's like it makes you drive on the wrong side of the road to like hug.
Speaker 3: The try to explain this to people from Masters. You've never been to Midwest, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you're going course, Like every time the GPS tells me this is that, I almost miss it unless my friends are in the car and they're like, hey, you need to check it out. So instead of turning left, you pass the.
Speaker 3: Street you want to do, turn around, and then turn right. So instead of turning left, you turn left kind of and then you turn right.
Speaker 5: Is okay, it's funny. It's like it's I don't I don't hate it. I don't love it. It's something to get used to, you know. It's like not as weird as like the the like you guys don't put your cards back like that, Like that's that's weird.
Speaker 3: Oh cards, So that was another one you were talking about cards.
Speaker 5: You guys, we have a lot of laser Like it's just like but everything so nice.
Speaker 3: The Winner people people are like, ah, this is like in the slush.
Speaker 5: If I feel so bad for people with back, I'll put mine back. I do. I do because I'm not I know I'm at all these.
Speaker 9: I'm getting I will put my card back forever just so that Francesca will continue to be my friend.
Speaker 6: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Anytime I'm gonna leave the card out, be like down watching.
Speaker 5: I'm looking down on him, making sure he's making good decision, kind of like Santa Claus, you.
Speaker 6: Know, better push that card and.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So they actually putting all their cards into Massachusetts.
Speaker 5: That's like, like, not like that much, but it's just I feel like the degree of which guys don't is higher here. There is a lot of attitude if someone gets paid to do that.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Driving our drivers, I feel like we have very like crazy drivers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't really notice anything. I think you guys are really tame in terms of driving. You guys drive really fast, but that's it. Like guys really, but you guys aren't like assholes about it.
Speaker 7: Like see.
Speaker 3: I think Boston has a reputation of being like rude, but I don't think it's rude. I think East Coast is very direct and sometimes you can they're just busy.
Speaker 5: They're direct.
Speaker 3: No, I think my New Jersey, New York, Boston they're just like, hey, what the Fok's wrong?
Speaker 5: With you just like they say that out of love and concern. Bad thing. They're just direct, like going out with your face.
Speaker 4: I think I started trying immediately.
Speaker 5: Just New York where I was just after this. It's like when they say, hey, it's wrong with your face summer, they mean like hey, like what they're getting They're giving you stace to open up your face and they need to go, oh well, like I have like like, that's what is wrong with my pat me tell you, like.
Speaker 3: You know, the South will give you like like whimsical metaphors.
Speaker 5: New York gives you.
Speaker 3: Like like New York East Coast will give you like kind of metaphoric, but like you know, kind of that way, darker way.
Speaker 5: You gotta pay attention. That's that's what kind of correct. Like I'm home, Like for that week that I was home, there were plenty of times where I just like sat and listened to people's conversations. I feel like I'm in a hot tub of everybody's words right now, Like how soothed by everybody accents in the way they you know, like oh you know what then?
Speaker 9: Speaking of accents, I would you describe like the Michigan accent versus like the Massachusetts accent.
Speaker 5: Well, like the way you say accent is like focused on the act. You can hear it in like this part of your day.
Speaker 7: Accent in Michigan, Michigan.
Speaker 5: And like Boston is just like I don't know, it's like y'all your ours become u ages.
Speaker 3: It's like like uhe are I know it's it.
Speaker 5: Sounds like I don't know, it sounds like long Gate. It sounds comforting to me, like I don't know, it just sounds like good, like I don't sound like that. But well no, no, I mean yeah, I love it, like my like yeah, no, I just that's what every accent is like like sometimes to imitate it, but like not under pressure, but like if no one's really paying attention, I can do a really good Kyle moonssion, but like when people are like if I'm being recorded or if like he's around, I can't do it.
Speaker 9: I think it's really interesting just to kind of like compare and contrast, like just like different cultures and populations.
Speaker 5: I think it's really interesting. Said no.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing like in Europe, all these countries are just as far as our states are, having a different dialect of English makes sense, right.
Speaker 7: We look and we look at it as an accent, but really it's a different dialect.
Speaker 3: I know I'm exaggerating, but if you really find someone who's like born raised like Boston, this is someone born and raised Detroit, They're gonna sound way different.
Speaker 5: Right. The really big American flags on the poles on every side of the what's last time this is America? I know, I just I've never seen anything. I was just like driving around for work and then all of a sudden, I turned down this street and there are these giant American flags on either side, and I was like, are they literally? Like I I called the Michelle. I was like, are they celebrating?
Speaker 6: Yeah, A lot of businesses do have flags out here too.
Speaker 5: But it wasn't like a business thing the businesses I expect, like we have tons of businesses with giant American flags on the East Coast, but like this was like an organized like.
Speaker 3: I never thought about it, but it is very common to have like flags like that, and I yeah, I guess it's.
Speaker 5: Not like the Boston, especially going north, it's like on both sides of the street like that. That's small towns. You do kind of get that you'll get it. But it's like you forum, it's not even like there were businesses doing it. It's like it had to be like the city or something.
Speaker 7: Is it a smaller town, because sometimes you do get that in smaller towns.
Speaker 5: It wasn't. I was in Detroit somewhere, Oh interesting, a gross point, maybe.
Speaker 6: Indian village.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 7: I can't say it's common, but it happens.
Speaker 5: I've seen that before.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's a lot of flags all throughout thet.
Speaker 5: And I was just joking.
Speaker 3: I really make that joke all the time about North Texas. But I just do think there is a certain level of like when you go up north Maine, it can be yeah, American flags hanging off trucks type of.
Speaker 5: Thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Northern Michigan very rule.
Speaker 5: I mean, like we have like places in Massachusetts that are like that, too.
Speaker 6: Best Chooses isn't too big.
Speaker 5: Is it? It's not that big. It's not that big at all. It's not. It's so cute and tiny. All of the New England states are also cute and tiny, except for Maine is kind of big. Main is kind of big. But all the rest of New England, the states are pretty cute and tiny.
Speaker 9: I have a question, then, So, with all the states being so close together, and with several states being on the smaller side, what's the conversation, you know, in terms of being able to have cannabis cross state lines in New England?
Speaker 5: They can't because it's not federally legal.
Speaker 9: Is there like conversation about it or like initiatives to.
Speaker 3: Be able to about That's complicated because unless you get your criminalization or legal really can't do that.
Speaker 5: That's it. Like there was the closest thing to that that we had was that the Martha's Vineyard and the Nantucket Islands. Those stores both basically like they lost the grows on the island and they basically like petitioned to be like, hey, like we have no other way to get wead we need to be able to buy from the mainland. And also like these aren't international waters anyways, so like it's dumb that you're not letting us do this in the first place. And then like the regulatory agency was like, okay, yeah, you can like send weed over by boat. So now they're like voting over weed to Martha's Vineyard and then Tucket. So if you buy weed Connecticut, Massachuset. Okay, thent I get as Massachusetts. Yeah, and so is Martha's Vineyard. Okay.
Speaker 7: For some reason, I thought they were like separated.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, they're both. They both belonged to Massachusetts. Hey, hey, I don't think Connecticut has any like famous islands like that. To my knowledge, Rhode Island has Block Island, which is like their version of like Nantucket Martha's n No, I just missed.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I thought you said that was the kind of a loophole to get it to another state.
Speaker 5: I was like, whoaa, and that's what blew my mind. They ever, yeah, no, no, you still don't see it in another state. So like there are brands that, like you could definitely get in both states, but they'll be manufactured in those separate states. You know. It's just like, yeah, how you can get good tides here and you can get good tides in Chicago, and the good tides in Chicago I only have ten milligrams. So I was so used to those. So then when I gave my friend a good tide from Michigan, I gave it to her and I was like, don't worry, it's only ten milligrams. And then I was like, oh, no, I lied to you. I'm sorry. It's like, no, it wasnny in the one thought that I have those. Shout to Scooby. It gave them something. The CBS cn cbg ones are my favor friend.
Speaker 9: I love the CBG the Strawberry Kiwi with the CBD and CBG immaculate. And I do want to say with oh this is yes, yes, I like them.
Speaker 5: Before summer worked there though, I just want to say.
Speaker 9: And before I started there fran a whole bag of pair of wild gummies that someone gave very cool. So it's just like very ironic.
Speaker 10: But going back to.
Speaker 9: Just kind of like the crossing state borders with New England being the entire just like region being comparable and the size of you know, California for example, I think it would definitely be very beneficial for the region to be able to you know, cross between two.
Speaker 5: Actually, like Delaware just legalized recreational this week. They weren't recreational type, so shout out to Delaware. Yeah, America's first state just one leg Yeah, that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: Congratulates pill fifty thirty states legal.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's good that it happened for them in the summer because del has like beaches from right here. I spent much time there at all. I apparently don't know right these states are. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've only been in Massachusetts on the East coast. Really, I mean New York. But I'm I'm thinking, yeah, I'm thinking right up on the.
Speaker 7: Water, New York is or city is on the water, right, yes, yes, that's.
Speaker 5: What I'm confused.
Speaker 1: Damn, yeah, I remember in the Atlantic Ocean. I'm thinking the Atlantic Ocean covering the That's how I was going.
Speaker 5: More so actually challenge geography.
Speaker 9: I was in the geography being middle school guys.
Speaker 5: Guys, I have a question if there was like a cannabis like spelling be would you guys want to watch Like I want to have people like spell different terpenes and ship get really high? Could not even I want something to be really easy because I want to make people like take a dab first or something like. You know, if the sponsors are like dab companies, like flower companies, I think it would be fun. I would lose.
Speaker 3: I can't spell when I'm sorry, Yeah, spoke a lot, but it would be funny, right, fun watching people trying to spell to age you guys take a dab before it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's my That would be my goal. I think would be to get like dab sponsors and flower sponsors, so that way we can be like, okay, and next of it is like you know Dave and he's gonna spell uh linn a little and it's sponsored by like, you know, like this brand, and like you know this brand is going to have him take a dab of this first before he spells. Yeah, exactly connected. Yeah, that would be. They've done all sorts of events. Man, there's always something. I feel like that would be goofy. I've seen bingo. I feel like I feel like a spelling bee would be funny because then also like that would be like a goofy thing. Imagine putting that on your LinkedIn as awards and accomplishments, like you won the Detroit Cannabis spelling Bee. I'd put it on there, you know. I totally would like, would what are we going to start this? Someone someone's like presented by.
Speaker 6: Let's go, let's do it.
Speaker 5: Let's go guys. I like it. Yeah, I think it would be fun. We just and it's like one of those things where people can all sit, so we could have like tables in the front for people to reserve beforehand for people who want to bring pieces, and then other people could get like seated chairs for like, you know, the people we just want to smoke joints for a table. Yeah, I can see what happened to the AM. I canna cast spelling. Hey, any other events? First, I don't know what it is yet because I just proposed this idea right now. Time this gets published, and if we do, we're going to put it right here.
Speaker 4: Yes, first annual. Definitely not rigged either.
Speaker 5: Definitely not rigged either.
Speaker 3: It makes it sound so yeah Summer.
Speaker 5: Why did you say that?
Speaker 6: Because want the place first place, buy us.
Speaker 5: Summer.
Speaker 3: There's no affiliation with the spelling words as our champion.
Speaker 4: They're going to band me.
Speaker 5: She answers you.
Speaker 7: Two dads before you're spelling. She's handicapped.
Speaker 5: She comes in with a handicap. That's like like golf. I think you have any more questions.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of interesting things about the Midwest versus the East Coast. I think I just that turnaround thing always cracks me up, because like when I went over there, that was the one that was all right, just your left.
Speaker 9: What is what is your favorite part of the Massachusetts market.
Speaker 5: My favorite part of the Massachusetts market is the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you guys have a good culture out there. You've told us a good culture community that was probably stemmed from the medical days as well too, But I feel like they are just.
Speaker 5: Like a lot of people out there who really care, Like I'm sorry, you guys run into that here too, and just like the people in Massachusetts are really fiercely like loyal to like their friends and what they believe in. So like I feel like that's kind of where part of that like directness comes from. Is a lot of them. Like someone like my friend Brannon, who was like born and raised like in the Boston area. It's just like she knows exact actly like how she feels, like when she feels it, and like she'll have no problem telling you. And like she's one of those people where a lot of the times she'll like give me advice before I'm ready to hear it, and then like you know, like six months later, I'll be like, damn, Mary, I should have listened to you, and she'll be like, yeah, I know yet, Like and like there's just something like about that that is really comforting for me, like knowing that, like I have this like entire group of people that are like fiercely rooting for me no matter where I am, because they're also very proud of the people who like come from where they come from, and like the people of Massachusetts really adopted me. Like I the part of New England that I come from is like actually right outside of Massachusetts. It's Technicallyhode Island. But I started my career in Massachusetts, and I really didn't feel at home in New England until I started to grow my community within Massachusetts. So like I feel like the people in Massachusetts really know their people and they stick by them in a way that's really nice and special. Huh. There, I wouldn't even call them inclusive, to be honest, I feel like they're exclusive in a way that's very level. Does that make sense yeah one of us? Yeah? Yeah, Like you know, yeah, we're a team, Like we are all part of the Red Sox family, Like we are all rooting for the Patriots, we're all rooting for the Celtics. Like it's like I don't even I don't even know anything about sports, but it's like when the Celtics won, Like, I went out and I handed out free free roles.
Speaker 7: What's up with the beef between the Red Sox and the Yankees.
Speaker 6: It's just Boston and New York Sports.
Speaker 5: New York Sports. They're just like And there was also like this to be like okay, like there was this whole curse, Like there was this whole curse. Listen, and it was lifted when I was in elementary school, and it was a really big deal, especially for me personally, because I bet my friends that I would be a Red Sox fan for the rest of my life if they won the World Series that year, and they did win. So here I am years later, what is this thing? What is this curse? There was like this curse. I don't know. I was really young at the time it got cured, so like, yeah, can you tell us, you tell me, I'll look up.
Speaker 1: The Red Sox traded away picture to the Yankees and he got cursed.
Speaker 6: I think it was Babe Ruth. I want to be mistaken.
Speaker 5: Ye. So basically like the Red Sox traded away some really good player to the Yankees and then he like popped off and blew up and the Red Socks were like, I can't believe my ex would get hotter with you? What this is a curse. It was largely like if that, if that happened to me, I would probably feel the same way. Imagine like you tell your ex to like get lost, I don't need you, like, go be with someone else, like, you know, go be with the man you told me not to worry about. I don't care girl, like it'll be fine. And then the two of them become like a power couple, like they're doing way better than you, and like you know, and you're just like falling off and you're like damn, and I like threw you away to the side, Like that is kind of a curse, Like I would feel cursed. Yeah, I don't really think they're being dramatic about it.
Speaker 6: Four or something like that.
Speaker 5: I think it was two thousand and.
Speaker 7: Four, but I don't really need.
Speaker 6: Deficit.
Speaker 5: It's a bambino. Yeah, it was n eighty six years until two thousand and four. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was hoping.
Speaker 5: It went.
Speaker 1: Crazy occur the Curse the Billy Goat, which is all over one hundred years and they won the World Series.
Speaker 5: So one thing that is really really crazy is like the seeing the baseball park stadiums that are like updated, like the one that you guys have, because ours is like antique in vintage. And she's like sexy. Don't get me wrong, but you're like water effects, Like someone will get a home run and like water will pop off from like the back of this like fancy thing that's you, And I'm like, what the hell, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: But you have the green Monster, which is nostalgic for any baseball fan. It's so nice, grey monster, the giant green wall and left field that's like fucking.
Speaker 6: So it's like I don't know how many feet, probably thirty feet high, forty feet high.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's only like three hundred and seventeen feet or thirty feet from home plate to the wall.
Speaker 6: But it's a fucking wall. It's a monster.
Speaker 5: It's insane. It's really cool.
Speaker 1: I've done a lot of I actually went to the stadium when I was out in Austin.
Speaker 6: It was a unique.
Speaker 5: It was of course, sure that sounds open. At the time, when did you go out there?
Speaker 6: Eighteen? Okay, so new deal was not fall to eighteen.
Speaker 1: It was like no, actually, I think it was like Augusta Sports ye ye, sports.
Speaker 6: I do want to I know we keep going back for that.
Speaker 5: I'm to make sure we asked that the question. Yeah, I ask her to ask.
Speaker 1: I have a question I have to ask you. It doesn't mean we have to end, but we can go back and forth. I want to make sure this just asked, because we're best every guest that's ever came on the podcast. All right, I'll say you're opening up a jar of rozen and a kanja. Jenie pops out and brantcy one wish to change anything.
Speaker 6: Within the cannabis industry. What would you wish for within an instance?
Speaker 5: Fingers anything within the cannabis industry. Yes, and I can change it within an instant.
Speaker 4: Right now, right now, right now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, than you Sicily, I love my kid.
Speaker 6: It's pretty wild.
Speaker 5: He's fair asks. Can I say something kind of feral?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 5: I'd put myself in charge of all of it, so then I could just make all the changes I wanted after that, and I wouldn't have the thing too hard about it. Right now. I'd just be like, I'm in charge of the entire United States cannabis industry from now moving forward. And then I'd be like, and I'm gonna like you know, make all those decisions from an office that's moving around. It's mobile, it's wherever I happen to be. And I'll start clocking in tomorrow and I'll work, you know, probably like Monday through Friday. Like I feel like it's only fair if I work like eight am to like five, because I feel like that's what everybody else is working, if not longer in cannabis. But like also, I really am going to need my rest if I'm going to be a good leader, So I need to prioritize also the things that I need to do for me. So yeah, and that is what I'm would do. And then I would simply fix everything because I would listen to people who actually smoke weed.
Speaker 3: No one ever said if everyone just goes for the one thing, because that is on the table, we never and we say no more wishes.
Speaker 5: She only had one wish. Don't worry.
Speaker 6: Don't worry.
Speaker 5: I'm now the Chancellor of Cannabis for all of the United States, and I can't be fired because that was part of my wish. Thank you, trust. I would trust.
Speaker 3: I would trust you in the green heads than it's someone who's in a suit and never smoke.
Speaker 5: Represent this this stuff to represent it right.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you need more people that smoke to be able to talk about the laws and regulations, because if you haven't tried it, then you're just you're going off the bias, and you're going off for refremendous.
Speaker 5: One of the unique things we have in Jesus, it's not too unique. I'm sure that you guys have somebody like him too, But we have a guy called the Apple Guy, and he shows up to like every single CCC, which is our regulatory industry. He shows up to every single meeting with apples and he gives people apples, and like you know, he will stand up for what's right and he'll like let people know when the meetings are when, like you know, they pushed them out last minute and stuff like that. And he's a really cool guy and he actually just started his own like business on the legal market and he also sells apples and like other fruits and vegetables. His real name is Lucas, but we call him Apple Guy. Apple Guy. Checks out, checks out, Shout out to Apple Guy. Out to Apple Guy. Yeah, he's like he does Vegas, so look out for him because he came last year and I think he's coming in this year. He does bring apples, he literally does. He did last year at the Massachusetts party. He was handing out apples. There was like not like the Massachusetts party, but there was a SENSEI party that all the Massachusetts people went to where I was like, this literally looks like a party at home. I was like, we literally flew here to have a lot like the same party that I went to last week. This is crazy. Does I feel like that at the Michigan parties in Vegas? It's like nuts. You're like looking around here, like I literally saw all of you within the past month. This is crazy, and here we are. It's so fun. I like it. I feel like we have different conversations. It's refreshing. There are different new people. I also can introduce, like you know, like you guys got to meet my friend Kara and so many of my other friends out there. You know, it's like you get to introduce and make connections. It's great, hubs everyone together, you know what I mean? It really nuts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm We'll be out there again this year. Is always.
Speaker 3: But you want to shout out to you know, you know, as you shouting at your home, anyone you want to shout out along your way, shout out any homies.
Speaker 5: We always ask the people, do oh do I want to shout out anybody were like I'd love to like or what or.
Speaker 9: Like your favorite growers, extractors, entrepreneurs in the Massachusetts market.
Speaker 5: I definitely want to shout out Emily Robinson. She helps me out with like managing my stuff, and she's also one of my best friends. So she's my manager and also one of my best friends. Love her nice, And would also like to shout out can of Care Docs for working with me to help provide people to get discounts with medical cards. Yeah, Like, anytime you're up for a renewal, if you like mention my name, you can or you can go to my website you can get money off a renewal. And like pretty much any state where you can get a med card, yeah, Michigan, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine.
Speaker 6: Like get those cards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get your med cards. Go to dabcowgirl dot com and click on medical cards and like the dropdown menu or whatever the little Hamburger sidebar, depending on what browser you're on. And I just think that's as somebody who like started using cannabis every day when I got access to medical marijuana and found out, like, you know, how much better medical weed in California was versus the like weed my friends had given me in New England when I was in high school. Like I that was what had me start smoking weed every single day, So like I really and that was before California went recreational, So I just I really like getting to work with a medical card company is really cool for me, especially one that's available in so many states so I can travel to different states and talk to different people about it. So yeah, help people, yeah, and like make connections because they also love to work with like dispensaries, like both recreational and medical, to like help them like promote to medical customers that like, you know, they can shop here because there are lots of REX stores that'll like offer discounts to men patients and stuff like that, especially ones that are loyal, so like, you know, it's cool to help make that connection. Yeah, it's just it's it's great. I like to do that. And then like who else my best friend since childhood, Gina Garcia, so great, love them. They actually work for Blackstone Valley Cannabis, which does have some pretty good Rosin out in Massachusetts. If you're looking to support a local brand always yeah, mm hmm, really right in Uxbridge, Massachusetts. I believe that's where they're at. Delicious Muffberry. It was great. Yeah, Yeah, that one was great. I had that recently. Like you know, and I'm really bad at remembering names, so if I remember a name right off the top of my head, that's pretty great.
Speaker 6: Good, you're good. Yeah, this has been It's been a fun episode.
Speaker 5: This has been lovely. Yeah. I feel like I had more questions, but I can't find them in my phone. We'll have to bring the Blue Moon ice cream.
Speaker 6: Oh, Chronic amazing.
Speaker 5: It's my favorite child. I haven't tried it yet. It's amazing. Yeah, I haven't tried again Superman. I also haven't tried Superman yet because that's also regional. Like I forget, we're figuring out. It was like marshmallow mixed with something else. I can't remember. Rocky Road. No, I love Rocky Road too.
Speaker 6: That's it's correct.
Speaker 5: I've had that.
Speaker 4: I know you know what I want.
Speaker 5: I want to bring up something.
Speaker 9: Have you guys ever tried a Boston cooler?
Speaker 5: Those donut things?
Speaker 4: I believe I could.
Speaker 9: Be mistaken, like terribly mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it's ginger ale with ice cream, right, Dave, I think so ginger ale with ice.
Speaker 4: Cream, So it's like a root beer float.
Speaker 6: I don't go with that at home, but that sounds great. Well, I think you're thinking Boston cream donut.
Speaker 5: He is thinking, oh, yeah, you're right. You guys are right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's ginger ale, which is crazy.
Speaker 5: Why would we not do it ice cream? Yep, Boston, we don't have burners out there because respectfully, okay, that's is one of my questions. Really, why do you guys call that ginger ale when it's cream soda? I am not.
Speaker 3: I am not a huge I like the new one, the Black Cherry Birds. It's really I actually like, this is Michigan. People in Michigan.
Speaker 5: Look at where's the ginger people? Look at here's so real like gingern It's not. There's not there's no ginger flavor. There's no ginger flavors. There's like yeah, because Seagrems is a real ginger ale.
Speaker 6: I know you're hating.
Speaker 5: I'm not hating. I'm not hating on it. It's good. It's just where's the ginger. It's like it's a good cream soda. It's just that's like a cream. It's a point.
Speaker 1: I don't drink it often, but I didn't really think it was a cream soda, to be honest, I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: Next time you drink it, think about how cream soda takes and tell me it doesn't taste like cream soda. So technically it's a ginger all right, Technically it is a ginger ale, but when you taste it, it doesn't. It tastes more like a cream soda, and the texture is more like a cream soda than a ginger. That's for sure.
Speaker 7: Sugar is more sweet.
Speaker 6: I feel like I need to go have a ginger.
Speaker 5: Like Honestly, I think next time you can taste all the different ginger ales, like with one of those blind tests that they do in the boxes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that'd be cool.
Speaker 5: That would be really fun. How fast by the second I think I could get it, I think I could get it really fat.
Speaker 9: Do you like Canada dry because that's ginger?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's real ginger to Seagrumsnady.
Speaker 5: Seagrums Canada dry. Almost every other ginger ale tastes like ginger ail. That one tastes like a cream soda. It has a cream soda texture. And I'm not saying it's bad. It's just that like I'll forget that I'm like in the region that I'm in and I'll be crating like a real gingery ginger ale and then I'll be like ordering a ginger ale and then I'll get it and I'll be like, oh, this is like basically a cream soda, and I like can't send it back because that would be disrespectful to their culture. Their culture.
Speaker 9: I do like a really nice spicy ginger beer here and there, but like Berners for Michigans is just like it's a nostalgic flavor.
Speaker 5: You know. My mom's explained that to me, like she she grew up where they grew up. She's explained this to me. She's like, you can't tell people about this. She would be ashamed of me for going on a podcast and speaking about this.
Speaker 4: You know, no, but it's reported.
Speaker 6: It's fine.
Speaker 5: Like the thing that like you know, said I'm keeping it in there too bad. I stand by when I said it has like a cream soda type texture. Funny, I don't. I don't disagree either, So it's kind of funny like it like, yeah, it's not bad, it's just creamy.
Speaker 4: I like creamy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that's not ginger full circle.
Speaker 5: That did ye.
Speaker 1: Hey, but I do want to say thank you for coming on friend, appreciate you coming up. Where can everyone follow you and find you? I figured we're coming up like an hour forty minutes. Yeah, we did a long episode.
Speaker 5: My god, I'm so sorry this long. Thank you so much. You can find me at dabcowgirl dot com. All of my socials are on there. If you're on Instagram and we're lucky enough that you can find my account, that one's also dabcowgirl. Or I have an account where I post eggs every day that's egg Cowgirl. You can find the Flower Expo on Instagram and chiktok at the Flower Expo orthflowerexpo dot com. Stay connected, otherwise I'll miss you. Don't make me miss you. That would be so rude. And don't forget to subscribe to this podcast if you haven't already, because if you've made it this long, you obviously enjoyed it. So like not to call you out, but you're I'm of a fan at this point, so like you should just have the subscribe on give.
Speaker 1: Us give us five stars. You listening to audio, give us five stars. If you're on a YouTube, hit that subscribe.
Speaker 5: It, review it can be nonsense.
Speaker 3: If you want, you know you can therapy, exquisite extractions, old score games can be extracts and.
Speaker 1: Smoking tweatos Yeah shot twelve our partners that make this possible, appreciate you'll.
Speaker 7: I almost forgot to because we've been blazing that banger.
Speaker 1: I will get you man everyon. We started off with Summer, Where can everyone find you?
Speaker 9: Summer Underscore Sky with four wis, hit me up, Groovy.
Speaker 5: With two ease instead of a y.
Speaker 1: Music at Canna Dave and you can find all of us at my Cannon Cast and m i CC studio. So again, thank you for coming on damn cover. This has been a blast Summer. Glad we got you in the studio as well, too groovy. This has been sick.
Speaker 6: And then, as always we're
Speaker 1: Here to advocate, educate and inspire the next time y'all Pace