Speaker 1: Tuxi.
Speaker 2: This is the seventy seven WABC mini cast.
Speaker 3: Tonight on the Rita Cosby Show. Well, it gets even crazier when it comes to Abdul l Sayed. Abdul Rachman Mohammad al Sayed, this is of course the far left Michigan Senate candidate, and this is really crazy. Now it turns out, remember we talked about his sister. We've heard of some of the crazy things he said. And now it turns out that his mother once worked for an organization that was designated as a global terrorist group and accused of funneling money to Osama bin Laden, the Taliban, and Hamas. Yeah, you heard it right. She worked for a group called the Islamic American Relief Agency for at least five years, and during the time when the US Department of Treasury linked that group to a number of very serious terrorist organizations. So what is it going on here? The mother worked for that. The sister has said some pretty vile things. She's a professor there at the University of Chicago. Now it turns out the mother was entrenched in all these kooky things. And Abdul l Sayed is not running for mayor of Gaza. He is running for the US Senate in Michigan, and he's running up against a former Army veteran, a decorated military guy, and a decorated FBI guy, and a decorated former congressman. I mean to me, this is really really shocking, and what a contrast between the two candidates. And here is Scott Jennings, a conservative commentator on CNN, talking about these terror ties tied to Abdel l Sayed's.
Speaker 2: Now, Mom, this stuff coming out of Michigan. It's like a little too on the nose. But at this point should any of us be surprised? Michigan Democrat socialist candidate for Senate, Abdua l Sayed, is facing new scrutiny over his mother's former employer. The report is is that El Sayed's mother worked for something called the Islamic American Relief Agency from nineteen ninety nine until two thousand and four. Now that year, the US Treasury Department designated that organization as a global terrorist entity, and they alleged that its international offices provided financial support to Osama bin Laden, al Qaeda, Hamas, and other terrorist groups. The organization's US branch later pleaded guilty to illegally transferring nearly one point four million dollars to Iraq in violation of federal sanctions. Now, l say Ed's mother has denied any wrongdoing. But this is what's in the news up in Michigan. And l Sayed himself in his campaign has exhibited sympathies for terrorists. Remember back in the primary, he didn't want to comment on the Ayatola's death. He was worried it would offend his supporters. Keep an eye on this. This campaign in Michigan is wild because of the contrast between American patriot Mike Rogers and terror sympathizer Abdul l Sied.
Speaker 3: I would say it's quite a contrast. And of course, remember when Abdul l Sied won his primary Haley Stevens, who lost. She did well in Detroit, she did well in African American cities, and he knows that he didn't do as well in those cities. So now he's trying to appeal to African Americans. So listen to this new one. Abdel el Sayed. Remember his families all from Egypt, and here he is making an appeal saying I'm one of you. Listen to this. You mean, what do you just make it just happen?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: Guys staying here and hear if you don't care about black books. You know, I hate to say this.
Speaker 2: But I continue to hearing from older.
Speaker 1: With black mooks, people like the someone that says, how examined, they're uncommitted for you. You know, there's been an effort, I think, to divide people against each other, and unfortunately, you see that the consequence of that to tell us that some group or another group have to be counterposed because there's not enough for all of us. I am Arab, I'm also African. My family immigrated to this country from Egypt. I'm proud of my African heritage.
Speaker 3: I'm proud. I'm one of you. I am one of you. And now here he is with a little bit more, I'm one of you. People. Take a listen to this.
Speaker 1: You got to read doctor Martin Luther King, you know, you got to read the stuff that he actually wrote. Yeah, Malcolm X, Yeah, I learn I learned what it meant to be a person of color reading black folk and the civil rights struggle. And I understand that my responsibility is about trying to address racial and equity.
Speaker 3: I mean come on, it is so pandering, so blatant, so disgusting. He knows he did not do well in the African American community, knows that he has to tap into those people so they don't stay home and go who is this guy? And a lot of common sense people are looking at this guy, going he's crazy, and they're very concerned when they see his history, of his statements, the statements that his mother, the things attached to the sister, this guy hanging out with us on Piker And yet he's saying, oh, no, come one, come on, I'm I'm one of you. I'm waiting for him to appeal to the drag queens too, since we talked about them too as well tonight. But here he is ready for this one. Now, this guy, I remember he was born in Michigan. I believe in Rochester Hills. I think in Michigan, right, But his family's from Egypt, right. And there's a lot of questions about the ties to the Muslim brotherhood. So here he is and he says, you know what, Yeah, I may be a little radical, but someone else in history was radical to get this.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, Jesus, Peace and blessings be upon him was considered radical in his time too, and there is a radical nature to being willing to stand forthright in a time of corruption.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, now, is he comparing himself to Jesus. Let's play that again. That is an incredible statement here.
Speaker 4: It is, Oh, you know, Jesus, peace and blessings be upon him was considered radical at his time too, and there is a radical nature to being willing to stand forthright in a time of corruption.
Speaker 3: What like the organization that your mother worked for is at the corrupt organization you're talking about, and speaking of radical, I would call Osama bin Laden really radical. I would call the Taliban radical, and I'd call Hamas radical. I'd call them all radical and dangerous. And your mother worked for an organization that was accused of funneling money to that group. What did she know, We don't know. But she was working for a group that was accused of being thicke as thieves with them