Speaker 1: You'll be away five seventeen. Do you want to report a UFO hanging in? We don't want to report every thirty one. Do you wish to report a.
Speaker 2: UFO over hey, we want to one of.
Speaker 1: Those areas thirty one.
Speaker 3: Do you wish to find a report of any kind of it?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know what kind of reports, clouds.
Speaker 1: Time areas thirty one me neither there were self.
Speaker 3: If it was anybody above us to pass us, Like thirty seconds ago, we were sending one top of golf negative, okay, OFFI the UFO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's murder two nine o'clock. Yes, if you passed over.
Speaker 3: I got I don't know what it was, but it's from at least to three thousand feet above us. See, I passed right over the top.
Speaker 2: Of US ninety one one. You just called up to me before.
Speaker 1: They're after staying the airplanes.
Speaker 2: He is to God on an unidentified object, every liberty or call or calm on an unidentified flying object.
Speaker 4: A Welcome to UFO Chronicles a place where people share their experiences of the strange and unexplained. If you've had an encounter, I would like to be on the show. You can email me at UFO Chronicles at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to the show. How are you all doing this week? I'm Nick Hunter and this is the UFO Chronicles podcast. In Tonight's first hand account, it comes to us from Tennessee. Melissa takes us back to a quiet Sunday night in nineteen seventy four, when she was just eleven years old. Her family had just left evening worship at the church and were driving a deserted stretch of the newly constructed Eye seventy five between Chattanooga and Knoxville. No traffic, no distractions, just a road and something watching from above. What appeared was a massive, disc shaped craft, liquid silver like, shimmering mercury or pewter, suddenly hovering over their car keep him pace silently in the Tennessee night sky. But the most unforgettable part was seeing fear on her father's face for the very first time. Join us, as Melissa recounts, this a nerving encounter with the UFO so large, so otherworldly, it turned an ordinary drive home into a moment frozen in time. Melissa is up next, but first, if you enjoy the show and you would like to help support the podcast on Patreon. You can do this for as little as one dollar a month. Head on over to patreon dot com Forward slash Ufo Chronicles podcast. You can also find a link in the description of this episode. Any help is very much appreciated. Now on the show. Hello Melissa, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us tonight. And you're calling from Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Yes, volunteer snite.
Speaker 3: Wonderful, That's something I love to hear. Okay, now, Melissa, you have an experience to share with us. Would you like to take us back to the nineteen seventies, please.
Speaker 1: Ma'am, Yes, sir. This was in the early nineteen seventies. I was eleven years old and I was with my parents and one of my sisters, she was eighteen, and we live in a small city called Cleveland, which is located between the cities of Chattanooga and Knoxville. If you're familiar at all with Tennessee. And during this time period, they were finishing up a major interstate called I seventy five. This interstate runs north to south and it is one of the biggest interstates of the United States. And my dad was a minister with the church of Christ, and we had a very long drive to go to worship service. Usually took us over an hour because we had to go to the back roads. So, needless to say, we were thrilled that they had decided that they were going to do construction on seventy five and it was going to be just a stone's throw from our home and that was going to cut like forty five minutes off of our drive going to church. And so, needless to say, there was no traffic on seventy five at this time because the interstate ended right where we would get off the interstate to go to our church. And this had to have been a Sunday night or a Wednesday night, because it was evening when we were coming home from worship service and there were no other around. And like I said, we were very country folk. Okay, we weren't big city folk. Cleveland was a small town at this time, and so we weren't used to fancy things. So we're coming back in this interstate's a real big deal to us, and we're traveling home and you have to you have to cross a pretty big river. It's called the Highwasee River. And I guess we were about a quarter of a mile away from where we would cross the bridge there and it's just pitch dark. Oh you could see it's the headlights what they illuminate. When all of a sudden, it's like the road just filled up with light. And what it was, it was reflectors on the road. And to us it was like Christmas morning. We had never seen anything like that. You're driving in pitch black and all of a sudden, the headlights from the car hit these reflectors on either side of the highway and straight down the middle, and it was just an explosion of light. And we were laughing and we just thought it was just an incredible thing to see. And anyway, we were just going on and on about that, and then the next thing we knew, this object appears over our car. And this is before anything like Close in Counter any of those movies ever came out. We were lucky to get three channels on the TV, and that's if you had a good pair of rabbit ears. And so we weren't our brains weren't contaminated with movies and stories and things. We were a good nuclear family. Okay, as far as the mom, the dad, the sisters. We didn't have outside influences about certain things. And this huge object appeared over our car. And the only way that I can describe it and the way that it looked. And if you remember the old thermometers that had the mercury in them, it you know, liquid mercury. How it looks, this object was like shimmering silver, pewter looking. It didn't have red lights, green lights, any type of lights like that around it. It was metal, but it was moving. The metal was moving, but it was perfectly circular, and it was huge. I'm not saying it was the size of a football field, but it was at least the size of half of a football field, and it was at least I would say, seventy five to one hundred feet above us, and it was about forty five to fifty feet in front of us, and it was keeping pace with the speed that my dad was driving the car, and you could feel it. It was a presence, like a pressure almost, and it stayed that way for at least a good three minutes that it just it paralleled us on that highway. And I remember my mother looking at my dad and she said, Franklin, what is that? And of course my sister and I we were in the backseat of the car and we were leaning forward and we were just you know, we were dumbfounded. We didn't know what we were looking at. And I think I had told you early on. That's the first time in my life. My dad was a veteran in the United States Navy in World War Two. He saw a lot of bad stuff. That was the first time in my life I ever saw my father scared. He was dumbfounded. He did not know what to say. He just kept his eyes on the road and it kept driving. And after about three minutes, this object just it took off so quickly that by the time you blinked, it was gone. And it just went straight It didn't go straight up in the air. It went straight forward and it was gone. And I don't know how to explain that other than the fact, and this is just my theory. The older I got looking back on it was that maybe our headlights when it eliminated that highway, and that highway had not been there ever, that they were always watching that area and they noticed something was different, and they noticed something was different, and they were checking it out. Because I've never seen I've looked at UFO specials and I've read about Betty and Barney Hill and watched documentaries, but I've never seen a UFO described like that. And I've been in the military. I spent ten years, six years in the Army, four years in the Navy. I know these things exist, but I've never heard anybody describe one like that, And to this day it still confuses me. I know that there's different types of them, but this thing was so huge. It was beautiful. But can you imagine metal or like liquid mercury over your car like that, and it just melting and moving around and staying in one place like that. It bothered my sister so bad that she repressed that memory. When I brought it back up to her, she had repressed it. It had scared her so bad, and when I brought it back up then she the memory came flooding back on her and she was like, oh my gosh. Yeah, she said, I had pushed that out of my head because I didn't want to remember it. And I just think that with all that, there was a chemical plant that was close to the river, and you know, we talked earlier about nuclear power, and we lived right in the Tennessee Valley where the TVA has several nuclear plants, and so I know that they're always always keeping watch on these nuclear plants. But when those when that highway lit up like that, I think got their attention. I mean, I can't think of any other reason why it would have pinpointed us, especially because there was no other traffic. We were the only car on the highway, and of course you didn't have cell phones or anything like that back then to even make a picture. But I remember it like it was yesterday, and this wasn't something that you just ran and told the local newspaper, because people would have thought that you were insane, especially when your father's a minister. I mean, you know, people don't take kindly to that kind of stuff, and surely to get us, we can't be the only people that have seen something like that. I mean, have you ever talked to anybody that has seen something similar to that?
Speaker 3: Over the years? With hind or shapes and sizes, I could probably dig you out a couple very similar looking objects.
Speaker 1: MASSA that was the most upclose and personal that I have been. You could almost reach out and touch it. It was so close. We weren't abducted or anything like that. It's just a very, very vivid memory. Another one that comes to mind other than what I learned in the military, and some of that stuff I can't talk about. And I'm sure you understand that we were on vacation. We were at a place called Cape sam Blass, which is located in Florida, and that's close to Tindall Air Force Base, which is part of NORAD, which is the first line of Defense Air Force base. We've got some of the fastest planes that the US Air Force has. And in fact, we have lived in Mexico Beach, which was destroyed by Hurricane Michael a few years back, and we had been vacationing down there for decades. And the one thing about Tendel Air Force Base is those jets never fly at night. Now, they'll do their maneuvers and stuff during the daytime. I and you can hear the sonic booms and all this kind of stuff when they're doing flight maneuvers and stuff. But this was at night. And our mother came in my sister in my room and told us, and we're grown adults by now. In fact, I was already out of the military, and she said, y'all got to come out here on the balcony and look up here in the s and tell me what's going on. And there was a I'm just going to call it a UFO, that's what it was. And it was it had a reddish color to it, but I mean it was dancing. It was all over the place. It wasn't a laser. There was no point from the ground to the sky that could have been making that. This was before drones and all of that. This had to have been late eighties, early nineties when this happened and all of us saw it. There was at least seven of us out there on the balcony watching this happen. And I guess we sit out there and watched that thing doing it, dancing around for ten minutes, and then we heard that familiar sound of those Air Force sets. And like I said, in all the years that we had been going to Mexico Beach into Cape's Endblast on vacation, we had never ever seen or heard them fly at night. And they had two jets going to try to intercept this object. And as soon as they came in earshot, because once you hear them, they're already past you. Whatever that was that we've been watching left them so fast that they just had to do a U turn and go back into base. That's how fast that UFO was. Our fastest jets could not even come close to making contact with it. So whatever these Pentagon photographs and stuff that they're showing right now, they're just toying with us by letting themselves be photographed, because these are the fastest jets we have and they couldn't even come close to it. It left them so fast. I'm stupified that people still doubt the fact that these things exist. There's so much evidence and so many intelligent people that have seen them, and they still there's people out there that just I think they absolutely love living in denial. I mean, we've got the proof. We've had the proof, and the Pentagon sits on it, our government sits on it, NASA sits on it. And of course, I mean, I know thousands and thousands of your listeners already know this, but these things have been around since biblical times. This is not a new thing. This is not a new phenomena. I mean early recorded history, as we have all the way back to Ezekiel, they've existed. I mean, I don't know how much more proof people won't.
Speaker 3: Well exactly, Yeah, they go back in history fifty years ago. Our jets couldn't keep up with them, and they sure as how can catch up with them now.
Speaker 1: No, they can't. It's impossible. And it makes me doubt some of this footage that they've released. Just you know, I don't care about the moon landing. I don't know if we landed on the Moon or not. Honestly, I could care less. But they saw something on the Moon and whatever they saw scared them. But Jesus out of them, you.
Speaker 3: Know, they weren't the same when they came back with Ain't.
Speaker 1: No, they were not. And there was a Ham radio operator that was able to intercept Apollo and Houston. You know, they had they had private communication systems set up between Armstrong and Mission Control, and they were talking about being observed while they were on the Moon. And my gosh, they've got pictures of man made structures up there. I mean, who cares about a footprint, whether Stanley Kubrick or whoever made it, or if we actually landed, that's not that's not the story. What was up there when they got there is the story. There was something already there, and that's what they're trying to hide from people. I mean, we got smart people in that, so I'm not discrediting them for being smart. I mean the rocket scientists, for goodness sake, have we been lied to? You bet? You bet your last dollar. We've been lied to, and not just by the US, but by the Soviets, by China, by every nation involved as far as space technology goes. The citizens of this world have been lied to. And it's just how much life can you digest before you say enough? And people say, well, what are you going to do? What are you going to do about it? Well? I like to know the truth.
Speaker 3: Exactly much has been hidden from us, and judging over the you know, the last few years where so many conspiracy faaries seem to be coming true. Yeah, so I certainly hope I don't go to the grave without finding out there's much. So I'd like to know. Thank you Melissa for sharing all that that there's two fascinating encounters you had the one in nineteen seventy four that was close, and that was a large object.
Speaker 1: A huge, huge object. There is nothing that we had that could have moved like that. Trust me. I was at Fort Bragg, I lived at Fort Bragg for over three years, and I have seen just about every every type of plane. I've never been to Area fifty one. I don't know what kind of technology they have out there, but as far as military aircraft, and I've seen a lot of what we have. And this is in the eighties and nineties we had nothing like that. And this was in seventy seventy four. We didn't have anything like that, and I know the Dagam Soviets didn't have anything like that that.
Speaker 3: There's just a share size of it. You said, half a football field to what's that one hundred and fifty feet fifty yards?
Speaker 1: Yeah, easily, and that's with and link. I mean that's huge. I mean it was swallowed as whole. But it saw those reflectors and it thought it was a runway. That's what my logic says. They thought they had build a runway and they were checking it out. Now what they are I don't know. But it was nothing like Close Encounters of the Third time. It didn't look like anything from that movie.
Speaker 3: I mean, of course, I'm gonna say. Closing Cannas came out three four years later. Yeah, do you remember what as an eleven year old you remember what went for your mind when this was happening and what it was.
Speaker 1: Well, Like I told you before, I grew up in a house that was extremely paranormal, so I was well adjusted to extreme possibilities. You grow up in a home that's like that. I mean, I knew Ed and Lorraine Warren. They had to help us. There's a lot of people that think their phony. If you think Ed Lorraine or phony, you're an idiot. Those are two of the finest people that ever walked this earth. And if it hadn't been for those two people, our family would have lost, We would have lost our minds. That that's how bad our house was. So all these people out there saying that Ed Lorraine Warren were phonies and fakes and they were in it for the money. They don't know. They're asked from a hole in the ground. Pardon my language, but they don't know what they're talking about. But I grew up in a situation to where I had to accept extreme possibilities, and yet it makes you strong. You don't have or in the corner. You either face your worst fears or you go crazy. And I wasn't about to go crazy. My faith is too strong to allow me to do that. I'm a devoted Christian. I believe in God. I believe in Christ and whatever's up there, they were created by God. I believe that with all my heart. Whether they be demonic, I don't know, but I don't think they wish us goodwill. I am scared of you, folks. I always have been, because there's no logic to explain them. We can't touch them. If they've had an accident, if they've crashed, it's been on their own own error. And how can you believe what the government says when we've got a government there's nothing but liars. So I've been open minded. I'm very logical. I'm a skeptic. I don't just assume something's paranormal or something that's strange in the skies of UFO. I'm not like that. But I'm not going to sit there and if you tell me something and just assume that you're a liar. What happened to Betty and Barney Hill. Those people were telling the truth, but because they were an interracial couple, people looked down their noses on them and didn't want to believe them. How many polygraphs did they take and their stories stayed the same. I mean, what more does people have to do for people to believe in them? And just think people are closed off because they're terrified. They're terrified of what they can't explain. And those are the people that will listen to this show and they'll sit back and they'll laugh, and they'll call people names, and they'll be rude and be sarcastic. But what I've told you is God is my witness. What I've told you today is the God's honest truth. People can believe it or I cannot believe it. It don't matter to me whether they believe it or not. I lived it. I know what happened.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly you know. I'm very fortunate on this show that a lot of the listeners, you know, they ire open minded. Like you said about it, Betty and Bonnie Hill, you know, they had everything to lose, they had nothing to really gain from ever coming out, and they just shared what happens to them and what they saw, what they experienced.
Speaker 1: And people think the South is prejudice. Where Betty and Barney Hill were at there was more prejudice up north where they came from than anywhere down here. In the South. Down here in the South is where all these things are seen because all the dag of nuclear plants are down here. You look up the Tennessee Valley Authority and count how many nuclear plants are under the TVA's control, and you'll see why so many UFO sidings happen in the TVA. You know, Roosevelt. President Roosevelt is who created the Tennessee Valley Authority. But we're not as prejudice at Hatefield as people make us up to be. In Hollywood. Betty and Barney Hill would have probably been a lot more accepted down here than what they were up north, because up north in this country, especially in that time period, they were a bit more conceited. Up there, they were looked down upon because intellectually that was just not possible. Go to New Orleans. Go to New Orleans and talk about UFOs. Go to New Orleans and talk about the paranormal. You're not going to get laughed at. I promise you that.
Speaker 5: Do you have an interest in the paranormal, then you'll love the unexnetwork dot com. The x is your streaming audio and video for everything supernatural, strange, and mysterious. Like UFOs, Bigfoot, Ghost, and so much more from host like Clyde Lewis, Whitley Streeber, Mikah Hanks, and Christina Gomez. Visit the unexnetwork dot com show page for a complete list of all the paranormal programs you'll find on the AX. Be sure to follow us on Twitter for updates at ku nx dB, follow our Facebook group ONEX network, by the podcast on her Spotify, ihearten Audible and Apple podcast.
Speaker 2: It's time, It's new.
Speaker 5: It's the x x X.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: I said they were up in the White Mountains, wasn't it up in New Hampshire?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And those people up there, do you talk about closed minded? Those people up there are closed minded. It's not like that down here in the South. We've been bad mouthed and talked about about forever, and it's just it's not that way. That I'm not saying everybody's not that way. Of course, you're going to have bad apples and every you know, in each state, but there are a lot more open minded people in the South that have seen these things. It's just like cattle mutilations, you know, places like Alabama and Georgia, that stuff that went unreported. Why didn't they report it? I mean, how does that happen? No footprints, no track marks. How does a big holesting cow or a Jersey cow, how do they drain all their blood out? And even a helicopter would have left marks. If they had picked him up with a helicopter, there would have been some traice evidence. Somebody would have seen something. I mean, there were hundreds of cows mutilated all through Alabama and Georgia, drained of every drop of blood. No reports. We're the flyover states. They built the bomb in Oak Ridge. We're a flyover state. Nobody's gonna think about us. That's why all that stuff happens down here.
Speaker 3: A lot of stuff does happen down there. You're right, yeah, I mean it's understandable when it comes to the calmulations that have gone on for decades. When it comes to the ranchers and the farmers, a lot of times they're not going to want to let, you know, let this news get out that this and this has been happening on their property and on their land, because of course they don't want reporters and people in the news stations or coming down and getting up in there in their business, you know, so I understand why a lot of a lot of it went and reported. A lot of it was kind of kept within the community more than anything else.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean the natives of this country, they've been raped enough. I mean they had everything taken from them, and what little bit they have they have to if they build something, the government comes in and takes it away from them. It still happens today. I mean, they're landlocked. We stole everything from them, but we broke every tree. But where does everything happen? Where do you think they tested all those nuclear bombs? Look at the cancer rape, look at the alcoholism rate, every bit of it's on those reservations. Where do they see the skim walkers, you know, shape shifters. What's at the top of a totem pole? A thunderbird? What's another word for a thunderbird? A paradactyl? How long a paradactyl is supposed to have been extinct? That you've got Native Americans right now swhere and they exist now, it's to say that they're lying about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In fact, I actually did an episode not a couple of months ago about a sign of a thunderbird, And yeah, I completely believe it. You know, these stories, you know, if you look at them as being folklore, they go back in these cultures, not just in the United States, but all around the world. You will find all these law accounts of cryptids and things which, you know, which just simply aren't supposed to exist exactly.
Speaker 1: They got to come from somewhere, and that those people they have told their stories word of mouth to each generation from generation to generation. And they're not stupid, but they have no reason to lie because they tell you something exists nine times out of ten it exists. And their total them poles are sacred to them, and what's at the top, that's the most sacred indeed.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've had several accounts from witnesses of various different types of strange phenomena all up and down the United States, and reservations i think including Canada on some of the reservations are there.
Speaker 1: I just I mean, you could just go on and on and on about the things that aren't reported. They're just giving you crumbs.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Bob Ballard's you know, he was the one that found the Titanic, He found the Bismark. You found John Kennedy's PT one O nine. He told NASA. He said, you don't even have to go to space. He said, there's more underneath the seas that need to be explored. There's more mysteries, more things that people would be so shocked, right underneath our feet. You don't have to go to outer space, look to inner space. And how many stories have you heard around the world's navies and seamen that have seen ships coming up out of the water and ships diving down into the ocean. How many times have you heard those stories?
Speaker 3: Indeed, endless amounts, endless amounts.
Speaker 1: Why do you think they've built these nuclear submarines? They're down there trying to find them. Those nuclear subs can stay down there forever until they get too close. We're building our own tower of babble, and we don't even realize that there's only so far you can go, and then you're going to get knocked down. I just I think it's best. It's fun to debate, it's fun to discuss ideas, and the debate ideas, but some things are better left alone.
Speaker 3: Sometimes things are best left alone. You know, you, even eleven years old, you knew what really what you were seeing, and as you were having all this paranormal stuff going on in your house roughly at the same time with all that was happening.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it passed down through my great grandmother's bloodline. We're sensitives and we've all got it. All the females on my mother's side of the family have it. We see them, we hear them, been touched by them, been attacked by them, and it's you have to learn to live with it. You got to keep your faith. I mean, they can hurt you physically, but they can't take your soul. But they exist. And people that don't believe in demons, I don't know what to tell them because they're everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is definitely a dark side, all right. This has been happening in generations on your female side of the family. Yes, sir, when you had this experience in seventy four, you said your sister was she shut down, she was scared. What about what about your father? Did you ever discuss this with your father at all?
Speaker 1: My dad he stayed close down to it up until about three years before he died. He was he just wouldn't accept it. And about three years before he died, my mother was on a trip. She had gone to see a cousin in Kentucky, and my dad was alone in the house and he felt something crawl in the bed with him, and he turned. He felt it so profoundly that he actually thought my mother had come home early. And he turned the bedroom light on and there was nothing there. Well, he turns the bedroom light off, and he could see the shape of something laying there in the bed. And he said, all right, I've got to get up early for work in the morning, so if you're going to be laying there in the bed, just leave me alone. Let me sleep. Now, that's how strong my dad was. But after that he no longer doubted because he saw it with his own eyes. But oh, we get grabbed by him. They yank the sheets off of you. They you know, like I said, I could write books, but I've just felt best not to do. I talk to people about it, but I don't want to make money off of it, because to me, that gives them strength. And I don't want to make money off off of something evil. And what we were surrounded by was not good. It was evil, and I don't ever want to make money off of something that's evil.
Speaker 3: And when these things get in your house. They can affect you emotionally, you know, they really can do a job on you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they can break you down emotionally and physically. They can. So you know, my older sister, she won't talk about it. It. She experiences stuff, but she's not like me. I'll talk to anybody about it, you know it wants to, but she chooses just to ignore. That's how I mean, we all have our different ways of handling it. I've always wanted to help people. Some people need a friendly ear, somebody's listened to them and help them to maybe know that, Okay, you're not crazy. Just like edding Lorraine helped us. We knew we weren't crazy. We weren't making this stuff up, you know, we weren't. Our eyes weren't playing tricks on us. These things were actually happening. And once people realize that they're not alone, they can start building up, they can start getting their faith stronger to where they can stand up and they can fight back. But when you're laughed at and you're ridiculed, and you're made fun of and nobody believes you, that's what tears people down. That's when people they give up and it just gets worse, and it gets worse, and it gets worse for them, and they don't have anybody that they trust. They don't have anybody to go to. And I want to be the kind of person that people will trust and they'll trust me to listen to them and know that I'll be honest with them and I won't make fun of them. Because I have people call me all the time, you know, asking for advice or just needing up the shoulder to cry on. And that's what I want to be to people. I'm not an exorcist. I'm not gonna Hey, if somebody says demon, I'm going the other direction. I don't want to do a battle with the demons, you know. I don't want no part of that.
Speaker 3: When people come to you for advice, is it because you've had experience in the past about the things or is it because of your connection to the church.
Speaker 1: Well, probably a little bit of both. I mean, everybody loved our mother and father. They they were two of the finest Christian people that you would have ever known. They were so well respected not only in the church but also in their community. People knew how honest they were, and they would have given you the shirt off their back, and everybody knew that about them. And then there's the fact too that people know now, especially now what our family went through. You know, I have talked to some people before, and you know, words spreads, and once people know you, they feel like, Okay, I know her, I knew her cousin or you know, and they're like, can I get her number? Can I call her and tell her what's been happening to me and maybe she can give me some advice on what to do, you know, or what not to do. And that's kind of how it circulates. And if I can't help them, I do try to find somebody that can. Like I said, I don't I don't fool around with demons. I'm not that. I'm not that kind of a person. I believe in prayer and fighting with your faith, but I'm not I'm not father mayoring, Okay. I mean, I'm not going to go into a room with something like Reagan and the Exorciste and try to do something like that.
Speaker 3: Of course, just to sh'd mentioned just brings back memories of that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no peace soup for me.
Speaker 3: I didn't go up dark stairs for for many years.
Speaker 1: Oh, that movie scared the Dickens. Out of my two oldest sisters, they to this day they never watched it again. They went and saw it at the theater and they were one of them, will ever watch it again?
Speaker 3: Pretty scary, right, And actually the original book was actually a little bit worse. It was it was a boy that had.
Speaker 1: Gotten roland They did a documentary on him, The Extricism of Rolande was it. They didn't give his last name, but it was a little boy in the forties.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I read.
Speaker 3: I read the book years ago. I don't know if i've still I might even still even have it now, but yeah, that's right, Yeah, it was. It was pretty scary, actually, I think a little bit worse than the film. Yessa that he was a professor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he worked for NASSA, but they kept his last name private, so nobody would know that it was actually him that the extressist was based off of. It was it was a true story.
Speaker 3: It was indeed. Yeah, yeah, so of course, because you know, it doesn't matter whether you're having paranormal things happened to home or it's UFO encounters. You know, these things can be very isolating for people.
Speaker 1: Well, something like that for sure. I mean demon possession. I can't think of anything worse that could happen to a human. I just can't imagine. That's that's why I try so hard to keep so strong with my faith, because to me, that would be the worst. I've seen enough throughout my life to know that that's something I don't want no part of. I don't go around it, even in a movie. If I know that they're going to start naming demon names, I'll mute my TV. I don't even want their names mentioned in my home.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, you never know what you're going to attract, do you.
Speaker 1: Know you don't. I don't take any chances where that's concerned. Now, if a minister or a priest wants to take that on, now that's up to them. But hey, I'm just a preacher's kid. I don't go around the evil stuff. I just it follows me. I've been attacked, I've been body slammed, I've been pushed downstairs. You just wouldn't believe. And I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble finds me. And that's hard enough dealing with that, So I don't go looking for it. To have an invisible entity pick your body completely up off the ground and slam you. I've had broken bones, I've been thrown across a kitchen, broke my foot. These are things that people would just they're being shocked if they knew what happens to people.
Speaker 3: So in your case, it was quite an extreme stuff that was going on. And had this always happened in this? Was this like a family house? Had this always happened in that one particular house.
Speaker 1: It didn't. We lived in three different houses, and all three houses either they followed us or all three houses were haunted and we drew them out because we were like spotlights, because we were extra sensitive. So your guess is as good as mine on that one, because we certainly weren't trying to draw them out. It's just like wherever we went, they followed us, knocking and banging on doors and walls, voices into these shadow figures, black miss full body apparitions, you name it. Been there, done that, And I would have never walked down into the Warrens Museum, even with hold in my hand, I would not have gone.
Speaker 3: Ortho an energy in just that, you know, in just that one area of course, being a sensitive it's it is It's like a beacon, isn't it. Yes, very attracting.
Speaker 1: You're like a spot exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're just they're drawn.
Speaker 1: To you, yep. And you don't want to be a spotlight because these are not good things looking for you.
Speaker 3: So, and was this something that happened before you were born or did it start a particular time.
Speaker 1: I've always done it as far back as I have memory, because my mother had it, my older sisters had it, and then I had it. But it wasn't something we talked about until each one of us would have an experience and we would go to Mama with it and we would tell her. So, I mean, it's just as part of our it's part of our life, just like a family story. And there's no sense in denying it. I mean, it's happened, and it still happens even where Leslie and I lived today, My oldest sister and I, you know, we lived together and we still have their normal events happened to us.
Speaker 3: So but not quite as extreme as it did happen.
Speaker 1: No, No, not not as of yet. But I want to knock on wood because they don't have a timetable. They do what they do when they want to do.
Speaker 3: It must have been quite extreme to cool in that head. And the rain was that any of this ever published? Did they ever focus on your case to any degree?
Speaker 1: Now? We met them after them doing a seminar at a local college in our town, and my mother just just went right up to them at their car and was telling them what was happening. And they were giving us advice about what we needed to do. I mean, Lorraine said she could fill it through her bones. How evil the area was. They were such nice. I get so mad when I hear people talking bad about them because they were not rich. Why would they Why would she have waited until she was in her nineties to make movies if she was in it for the money? I mean, ed had already been dead over a decade, you know, I mean, do people not you even wonder that they could have been making movies thirty years ago if that was so? But now they were wonderful, wonderful people. Now I'm friends with their son in law, Tony and their daughter Judy.
Speaker 3: And I think I'm friends with Tony on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Actually he's a wonderful guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he actually takes care of the museum now, doesn't.
Speaker 1: He yeah, but they've had zoning issues with the with the city and neighbors, and so they've had to shut it down.
Speaker 3: So if Tony said to you, you don't have any space in the basement, do you no?
Speaker 1: I don't no no space, no space.
Speaker 3: No wise choice. That's wonderful, Melissa. I really appreciate you coming on sharing that for our.
Speaker 1: Listeners, providing me. I certainly appreciated.
Speaker 3: It was wonderful to meet you. Okay, please keep in contact and we will speak soon.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Nick.
Speaker 3: Okay, bye bye for now, ma'am, bye bye. Well that's all for tonight. Keep up dated and connected with the show on x Facebook and Instagram. And if you have an encounter that you'd like to share on the podcast, you can email me at UFO Chronicles at gmail dot com, or you can reach out to me via the contact page on my website UFO Chronicles podcast dot com. A big fank you to Melissa for sharing tonight, and thank you all for listening. I will be back next week. Till then, stay safe and keep watching Uskies. Goodbye, Built