Speaker 1: And I just turned around and I call ass out of there.
Speaker 2: I was done.
Speaker 1: I wasn't dealing with them. The hypocrisy of the cult is one of the things that turned me.
Speaker 3: Away the quickest.
Speaker 4: When I turned my head lights on, it turned and looked at us. And one of the things I remember the most, where the eyes were glowing red. I see an orb of light. It is just circling these steps.
Speaker 1: Like it is waiting for me.
Speaker 2: And he begins to tell them that he saw Ufo.
Speaker 4: They're basically like, what are you talking about.
Speaker 5: That's seven foot up on a tree, peeking around it, and that's where I saw.
Speaker 4: The top of the muzzle, noose and the eyes.
Speaker 2: As soon as I made eye contact with this thing, it don't like death.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to Tenfoil tells. I am your host, Brandon Wright. Tonight's episode, we're going to be joined by my guest, Austin. Austin is a paranormal researcher. He's also written a few books. He's been doing some investigating here locally around Indiana, so that's always something that kind of gets my attention, being close to home. So I'm definitely looking forward to talking with him a little bit but before we bring him on. If you've ever had an experience and you would like to be on an episode of ten Foiltels, there's a couple of things you can do. You can send an email to Tenfoil Tess podcast at gmail dot com, or you can go to the website tenfoiltel dot com and go to the contact section. Either way it works for me, so just make sure to reach out and get a message to me and we will get something schedule for a future episode. If you'd like to help the podcast out, please continue to share it around. Word of mouth is one of the best ways of helping the podcast out, so every time you share it, appreciate it you're helping me out. You can also help out by leaving a five star ratiing and interview wherever you listen to tenfoil Tels at So whichever place you listen to the podcast, just make sure to click that little five star link and it does help out the podcast. If you would like to become a member of the Patreon, that is an option too. You get access to ad free content and early access to all of the episodes, so up to two months early before they are released to the public. There's a free tier and a paid tier, so it's worth looking into. You can find more information about that in the show notes. You can also find me on all the social media's. But I think now we're gonna go ahead and bring Austin on dive into the conversation. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. I'd like to take this sign and welcome my guests tonight. Austin. Thanks for coming on here and talking with me.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for having me man, I appreciate.
Speaker 5: It, not a problem. Would you like to let the audience know a little bit about yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm a parent one vest gator, been at it for well over a decade now, and I have a couple of books out, and yeah, it just been sucked into the paranormal world, and it's a It's one that you can't really get out of it once you get in.
Speaker 5: You know what kind of led you down that path? Was there something that kind of triggered all that for you?
Speaker 4: I you know, I really don't know. Growing up, I was always just that weird kid who was obsessed with it. I mean, going back to like five years old, I was researching the paranormal. I think it helped that. You know, I kind of grew up during the Art Belt era and stuff like that. You know, Unsolved Mysteries was on TV, Factor Fiction and all that stuff, So I think that really kind of helped develop early on, and then just having some experiences early on in life, it's just really kind of had me deep dive into this.
Speaker 5: That's basically the similarities with me as I grew up. I'm a product of the eighties and then Unsold Mysteries, the X Files. Yeah, the X Files, all that stuff like that has been a huge influence on me throughout my life. So like that's stuff I really enjoyed. So it's kind of, I think partially what's influenced me to be the way I am today.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely, It's crazy. You know, just as a child, you consume these little things and then all of a sudden, this is your entire life, right, Like.
Speaker 5: This is how to think about I don't do a whole lot of like actual investigations or anything like that. I went on a couple and I've I'm more of a cryptid person myself, and yeah, I would love to be able to go out and look for stuff. At the same time, it's like I don't have the time. So in order for me to compensate for not doing what I wanted to do, I do this show. I guess I'm the behind the microphone investigator that doesn't really do an investigating Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I I have a huge respect for the crypted people, like they are a special breed of people to go out and you know, these voods and everything with everything that can kill them can see them, but they can't see it type of thing like there could be bears and all this stuff and there's out there. No, I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm not a full on believer. I'm pretty skeptical on a lot of things. So for me, it's like I want to I want to believe. I'll up around the old X files reference like, to me, I want to believe. But and even though I've seen some things like I still am kind of like I try to write it off. I know that sounds dumb to a lot of people, because like you've seen, like you experienced things like yeah, but I always try and rationalize it. And when I can't rationalize it, I'm like, all right. Well, for me, it's like I have to be able to explain things and when you can't explain it. That's why I do what I do.
Speaker 4: I dude that it just makes me so sad because I'm exactly the same way. And whenever I used to investigate with people, they'd get so angry at me because I'd be sitting there trying to explain stuff. Even months later, I'm like, well it could have been and they're like kidchers accept But you know, that's why I call myself a skeptical believer. And you'll never hear me say this is evidence of ghosts, this is evidence. I don't know. There's just it's just paranormal things that happened that I can't explain, and it drives me nuts and keeps me up at every single night trying to explain these things and I just can't. So you know, people can take a look and they draw their own conclusions, and that's that, you know, mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Now, like one percent of grade, it's it's hard to make people understand that don't have experiences, and then there's people that do have experiences, and then there's people that are just full on believers. For me, I felt like in the right category, like I want to say that I experience things I want to say I have certain activities that have happened to me or stuff like that, but I also try and say, well, I can try and explain a lot of it. And then you got the people that like anytime they experience something that's automatically paranormal, paranormal paranormal like well, not necessarily.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. I even go through periods where I'm like, Okay, all this stuff's fake, you know, none of it's real, and then you know, an hour or later, I'm like go, okay, hold on. You know, I go through my doubt periods for sure.
Speaker 5: You said you've written a couple of books. I figured we'll talk about that here in a second. But I know you said before there was like one of the there's something you're basically known for, like a case or something or something that's even like you're experienced or whatever. So you want to talk a little bit about that. Yeah, So that's the book that I wrote, Taylor Milhorror. That was a case from.
Speaker 4: Probably almost ten years ago now, and it was essentially a case I got thrown into. At the time, I had a YouTube channel and we were looking how to boost it, and uh so we're looking at all the hot places to go to, and Bobby Mackie's was the hot place. So we go book Bobby Mackie's, pay way too much money for absolutely nothing, and the people there, they said, hey, we got this place. You want to stay there? It's supposedly haunted, Like, okay, cool place to stay. We had no intentions of investigating anything like that. And this happened to be the most insane case that I have ever experienced. And yeah, I mean, I still can't believe. The whole case in itself is just it's unbelievable. And I'd spent so long not putting that book out. It probably sat on my wealth for probably about eight years. It's sat on my computer, and I didn't want to put it out because the things that I experienced in there I never believed in. And I thought, if I put this out, he were to think that I'm absolutely insane, and so I just didn't. I didn't. I didn't. Then eventually I was like, you know what, I know what I experienced, I know what happened, you know, and there's other people who have experienced these things, and they might be in the same situation that I'm in right now. Who don't want to talk about it because people think they're crazy. So I just pulled the trigger, decide to put it out there, and yeah, it does pretty.
Speaker 5: Well without diving into the whole things. I know, people can read the book for all the details, but there anything about it, like kind know, you want to talk about, like what what was? So what happened during the thing basically was like led you to where you are, Like what was like the craziest stuff that happened during all.
Speaker 4: The crazy stuff? So I mean, just just a little bit of backstory. So when we first went there, we figured out, or we were told that the homeowner he was in the hospital on his deathbed and he swore that whatever was in that home is what was killing him. His family had moved out with the home, but he kind of refused to. And this family was terrorized twenty four to seven, and they'd save up money to go stay in a hotel just to get some time away. This home has changed hands more times than I can count, and when we showed up, it looked like a brand new house. I'm like, yeah, there's nothing going on here, until later we found out that the tenants before tried to destroy the home. They tried to burn it down, try to take out the support beams with chainsaws and everything. So they've rebuilt it on top of the original property. But there, I mean, it was literally anything and everything twenty four to seven. I mean, you're talking about insane poltergeists activity, you're talking physical attacks, you're talking paranormal earthquakes, shadow figures, voices. I always say, you know, one morning I was making breakfast and it was probably like eight and nine in the morning, and the plate flew across the room and shattered. You could not sleep in that home because it was literally twenty four to seven. A priest went there and he got thrown across the room and he ran out and never came back. I mean, it was just unimaginable of the things that go on inside that home.
Speaker 5: Now, this is I don't you don't have to get the exact location. But it isn't Bobby Mackew's that's in Tennessee, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's it's in Kentucky, Okay.
Speaker 5: And was this place also in Kentucky or is it out of there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's in Taylor Mill, Kentucky, Okay. So it was probably like twenty twenty five minutes away.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's still around, Yes it.
Speaker 4: Is, it's still standing. I don't know the guy who owns it does not claim that address on like all this stuff, because I've been following it. This place sold probably six or seven times since we stayed there, and they even took the price from like one hundred and fifty thousand dollars all the way down to like twenty nine thousand dollars just to sell it at one point. But it's owned by an elderly man. Now I haven't reached out to him or anything, but he doesn't seem to live there. It looks like he has another home that he lives at. So I don't know if he's trying to rent it out or if they're just leaving the property abandoned, because all the previous owners, at least as far as I know, have left that house and let the bank take it over because they did not they could not bring themselves to sell it and put their family families through what they had gone through. And so I know at least the past three previous owners had the bank take over the property then it got resold that way.
Speaker 5: If I had the funding, I would always try to find a place like that, I wouldn't live in it, right, absolutely not. It would be my personal, like my own little thing to do my own sort of like research on exactly. Yeah, it would make a great research center, but you know, we stayed there for two weeks and that was just it was terrible.
Speaker 4: Man. I would never do that again. But to have that place's research facility, where you know, you spend a day or two there, it'd be wild.
Speaker 5: There's too many people that I feel like are so against the thought of paranormal and if you if someone had the opportunity to stay at a place for a certain amount of time and document it, like over time, like all the instances have happened, like set up cameras twenty four to seven surveillance, Like you could have the documentation and then the experiences and then everything, like you can back it up with some sort of physical proof, and then the naysayers can be like, oh, well, they'll still come up with a reasoning of what is and they'll say, oh, you're just hoaxing the whole thing. But I feel like that's one of the only ways that you're going to get some people to actually start to believe into it. Is by having a place that is well documented of having that because you've heard of things like Waverley Hills. You've heard of all these right places that have had all these right crazy experiences. It goes on, but unless someone's able to actually experience it themselves, they're never going to actually believe it. Even if they do experience it, I still think it's hard to turn someone's mind into being on a open to believing in the type of stuff just for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. You know, I'm filming this new series now, and I brought a guy who I didn't know. I just kind of reached out to him, and he was a big time non believer in the paranormal because I needed some help running some cameras, and you know, his religion didn't allow him to believe in it, and he had such an insane experience that he then basically wouldn't go anywhere without all the lights on, he wouldn't leave any doors open. He was absolutely terrified, and he ended up leaving early. So it was kind of entertaining. But yeah, once you, like you said, people have to experience something at that point, I mean, it kind of just like shatters their whole reality, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So for you, how long have you been doing this?
Speaker 4: You said, Uh, it's been probably eleven twelve years. I'd say as far as actually investigating, as far as researching, it's you know, it's been my life.
Speaker 5: Like, when was the first experience that you actually have while investigating? Like, was that prior to this place, like that you actually had something that actually stood out to you as being actual paranormal?
Speaker 4: Oh, prior before getting into investigating. Yeah. Absolutely. You know, I live and grew up in an over one hundred year old farmhouse on suppose was a Native American land, and growing up it was all kinds of experiences that I personally had. I would see an apparition of a man and a woman walk up to my room kind of acknowledge me. I would hear the voice of a little girl, you know, things like that NonStop, and you know, no one really believed me until they eventually started experiencing stuff. So I think that's really what, you know, I needed answers. I really needed answers, and that's what really really pushed me into, you know, getting into it in certain research at such an early age.
Speaker 5: Really, I feel like a lot of us that's why we get into the things we do, because we're looking for answers.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely. The problem is you're never going to find them. You're just gonna keep chasing.
Speaker 5: That's I literally made a post. I think it was yesterday that I've been It's been two years since I started the show and I started wanting to find answers. But basically you come away with more questions and you do answers, and it's a hard pill to swallow, but that is part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you're one un percent right, and you know every time you think you have an answer, every time I think I know, I'll go to another place and it's the complete opposite. It's true, you know, you'll just never really know the answers until you know. If it's about ghosts, who won't know until we die? Cryptis all the stuff, I mean, who knows, who knows if we'll ever know the truth.
Speaker 5: I feel like a lot of it's all tied together in one way or another, just even with my show. The concept is obviously anything on the fringe sort of topics of paranormal cryptis, aliens, conspiracy, whatever, it's out there type of talk that most people are going to prefer to you as crazy for believing it and or talking about it. But for me, it's like, I think all of the stuff, in one form or another, has some sort of connection to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I definitely agree. And I was just talking to someone yesterday about this. We years and years ago, I went investigated the little hotel in Point Pleasant, West Virginia, and we went we talked to the guy who was running the Mothman Museum, and we were asking about the hauntings over there, and he just kind of looked at us. He was like, you guys really believe in ghosts? Like, oh, yeah, we think there's a possibility. He was like, that's literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. But let me tell you about how the Mothman's real and how the CIA follows me home with black Hawk helicopters every night. And I'm just like, yeah, I'm not even making that up, Like I swear that's how the conversation went. But to me, it's just so insane that someone can believe in one thing and not the other, because all too often it parallels, and even if you know, especially if we're in the paranormal community and we believe in tulpa creation and stuff like that. Who's to say things like Bigfoot can't exist as a tulpa, you know, it's it's really all tied together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very hard to say one thing is real and someone something else is not. Like I actually I till there's a lot honestly. Basically, I've noticed that most paranormal groups do not like the cryptid groups, and the cryptid groups don't get along with the UFO groups. And like there's so many different little communities you know, online, and everyone like it for some reason like hates each other, which again I guess said earlier, think that a lot of it's all somehow related. But yeah, there's so much inner fighting between the groups and like you can't believe in this, oh this, but like not that even bring up the religious aspect to it, but like a lot of religious people refuse to believe in paranormal stuff like with ghosts or anything. But like a lot of these people literally are worshiping a god which is supposedly a spirit's exactly and then like a holy ghost. It's like wait a minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think the whole thing's crazy as far as like, like you said people are religions not believing in the paranormal when you look at these biblical texts and it's pretty much all paranormal. And at the same token, it's people who are in the paranormal field who say all religion is ridiculous, yet they believe in tulpas And it's like, okay, every week we have hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people send them one place all around the world. Like thinking about these creatures with such strong emotion, like how can you say that these things don't exist if you believe that they you know, we can create entities. I mean, come on now, it's just I don't know, it's so absurd to me as far as like the cherry picking as to what's real what's not, because no one knows. No one knows what's real.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, no one has the slightest clue. I think we have my like we have our beliefs, but no one, one hundred percent has any real idea of what goes on in anyone the cs they do.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't really take it all that seriously.
Speaker 4: No you can't. I mean, alls we can agree on is that there's some weird stuff that goes on. Yeah, I mean, that's that's all we got. What is it? We don't know.
Speaker 5: Is there anything experience wise that you would like to just kind of dive on into.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Yeah, I mean it's tough to pick because there's just so many things. Now, okay, I'll tell you so because I think we're on the same you and I are on the same wavelength as far as you know, explaining stuff away and things of that nature. And this is the one thing that broke my brain so hard that this happened about seven years ago. And I just went back to this location after seven years to film there again, and even the owner remembered it like it was yesterday. And this was at the old Blackford Jail in Hertford City, Indiana, and we had gone there, like I said, about seven years ago, and we were talking to the owner, and you know, he offered to give us a tour. We said, no, we don't want to. We don't want a tour because we don't want to know the claims. We want to go in, you know, without knowing anything, so we're not influenced. He's like, all right, cool, So he hung out for a little bit as we got everything set up, and it came towards the point where he was about to leave, and it was like seven o'clock and instantly we hear this loud crash and he's like, I think, I think someone might have broken in, and so we start scouring this place trying to figure out what the heck happened. And so we come up to this old jail has a living quarters with the sheriff used to live. Then it has the jail side. So on the living quarters you got the stairs set. It's a set of stairs. There's a old landing area and another set of stairs and it takes you where all the bedrooms and everything are. And on that little landing he had this little, uh oh, I don't know what you could call it, like a little cabinet glass case that had all these relics and stuff in it. And on top of that was this very old antique clock. And I had commented on it earlier because my parents had one that was just like it, old antique clock and it was cool, and he had told me he was like, yeah, I brought that over from the church because he had a church that healing too, And he said, you no, it hasn't worked since because with those old clocks, they have weights in them that had to be perfectly balanced or else they don't work. And when he moved him, they got unbalanced, and you know, it's kind of difficult to find someone who still balances weights and clocks, so it was just not working. So anyways, we're just standing there and he looks up and he was like, oh man, the painting fell down. And he had this big painting that I believe his grandmother great grandmother did and he turned around and had one of those wire hangers and it looked like it had been cut like cleanly, and so it had fallen down on top of this little cabinet. And they're all like, oh man, that's crazy. I was like, come on, it could have just fallen. It could have been by chance. And so they're sitting there talking about it and I'm just sitting there like, nah, it's not paranormal. And then were sitting there for in silence, in silence for a second, and we hear this ticking sound and we all kind of look up and the clock was going and we're like, huh okay, So that painting fell into the clock and the clock started that's kind of weird. It's like, yeah, I have, but you know, things happen. And then the owner says, look at the time it was down, it was cracked down to the very second, so that clock must have been stopped at seven pm, and at exactly seven pm this painting happened to fly across the hall onto this clock and started at that point. I'm out of explanations. I don't know. It still bugs me to this day.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's a hard one to rationalize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you really can't. So you know, I guess I went back again and just all kinds of crazy stuff that I went there. And the other interesting thing is going back and talking about, you know, this whole we don't know what it is. Is that one of the big claims there that I didn't really believe in was that this jail is still haunted by one of the previous workers. And I was there by myself, and i'd come up the stairs from the basement and I heard him talking, and I'm like, that is insane, because the previous worker is now the man who owns the place, and I called him and he was over an hour away at one of their other properties. So somehow still and he is even investigated there and captured himself on audio, left an audio recorder in there and captured himself on audio. And it's just like, what what is going on here to where a man who is very alive is haunting this property? You know, are we creating our own hauntings? Is there some sort of tricks or element? You know? Once again, more questions and answers.
Speaker 5: You know, I wonder if this is just me kind of talking out loud. Basically, I wonder if we don't project some of the things out there, like if there's I wonder what we're looking at, what our thinking. And we mentioned pulpit earlier. I wonder if we're not manifesting these things that happen because it's something that we've thought of and for whatever reason, enough energy has been put into it, and now these things are here because we've manifested it somehow. I know that's a weird concept for a lot of people, but like, I feel like it could be a possibility.
Speaker 4: I agree with you. And one of the one of the other places that I was at was the asylum that he also owned, and there was reports and I had weird I had a loss of time in one of the rooms up there. I don't know what happened, but apparently I was staring at the wall for like twenty five minutes. No one could get me out of it, and eventually they kind of shook me out of it. And so this room was always weird to me. And after about three or four years, this year was my first time going back, and I asked him about that room, and they said that they think it's like a time slip area, and I was like, Oh, that's weird. And the reason they think that is because there was a woman who was there on a tour and she was pacing around the room and kind of like making noises and stuff like that because she was just uncomfortable in there. And a year later, they're still capturing the audio of that woman inside that room, and so, you know, I'm still kind of like on the fence about it until I was there one night and there was a group there doing a tour and I was staying out in the hallway and I watch as this weird looking shadow figure walks out of that room and down the hall and I just saw it out of the corner of my eye, and I'm like, nah, I didn't just see that. So I just watched down the hall and just stare and I see it happened again, probably five ten seconds later, And now I know that I'm going crazy. I'm like, you don't see this kind of thing, let alone twice within like ten fifteen seconds. And then one of the volunteers had come upstairs because a girl in the group had to go to the bathroom. She didn't know where it was, and she was kind of afraid to go on her own, so she took her down. So then the volunteer comes up and stands next to me, and it does it again. And she looks at me and she said, did you just see that man walk out of that room and down that hall? And I said, you saw it too, She said yes, And I said, that's the third time that I've seen it in less than a minute. What the heck? And so we took off down the hall, searched everything, couldn't find anyone. But you know, that just raises another interesting question. What could be going on there? Could it be once again, you know, manifesting it, people manifesting it. Could there be time slips? Could ghosts be literally just time slips? You know, just this little wrinkling time. I don't know, more questions than answers.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's a lot of things that happen, like people go to Gettysburg and they see Yes, it's almost like the energy is like such a traumatic event has rented itself on. I know, this is like a residual or it's the same thing like repeats and repeats are Maybe it's such a traumatic event that happened, the people are still like that energy is not it's just like implement. I don't like it's weird to describe it, but like it's still there. It's still happening, like they're stuck in that same thing on a like a loop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely I think there's something to that. You know. That's that's why people always talk about cemeteries being haunted. And I don't believe that cemeteries are haunted because the people buried there. What I do think is going on is if you think about it, how much emotion goes into a cemetery, and you know, these people go and visit their loved ones or the funerals, and there's so much emotion. Then they'll come back and visit to them and act like they're still living. You know. I think that's what's going on there. You know, people are creating these I just recently investigated an old military base that was converted into a haunted attraction during the Halloween months, and it was funny because all their claims. I'm listening to them, and they all line up with the haunted house, like they experience certain things in certain areas, Like a man who they say always says he's really busy trying to get work done, he doesn't want to get bothered. And I look in that room and they've got a death set up, they've got to type writer, and it's like, you guys are creating this if anything.
Speaker 5: Hmm, it's weird. I think, Like again, what I think don't really matter, but sometimes I think, like some of the things that happen, like you mentioned like with cemeteries, MH. You also have other places that like hospitals or you're all asylums. There's been so much things that happen in there, right, So people when they investigate these places, like just think about all the stuff that has happened in there over the years, Like think about all the death, the energy, the traumatic events like exactly. I don't necessarily think they're being haunted because they're being haunted. I just feel like that energy is just trapped there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. And it's the same thing with like hotels. Uh, you'll get all these schools that pop up, people like why are schools haunted? Right? I mean there's so much you know, that hormones and everything else that goes through that place, Like when people are the most emotional in their lives, or when they're in school, whether it be elementary or high school. You know, there's so much of that pumped into there that Yeah, I could see there's still be an energy going around. Or even churches. I just recently investigated the church that Jim Jones grew up in and peere like, why is a church haunted? Well? Think about it. You've got all these people pouring all their emotions into it. You know, we compare stuff to being like a religious experience because it's such an intense feeling. Now you have all these people coming in, They're having these intense emotions for you know, ten twenty thirty years. You know, I think there that energy is probably still hanging around there somewhere. You know.
Speaker 5: I've had someone else on last year that talked about that they bought a church and it was haunted, and I thought it was strange that a church could be haunted. Yeah, but yeah, absolutely, I actually need to try and reach back out with him. And because they just moved in, I don't think too long before that he said we could actually do more of an episode about that. Eventually, I was like, well, I just kind of thought of when you mentioned that, I kind of got ever thinking about I need to reach out to him. But no, there's a I think the heat if I remember correctly, the church was built, had like the water on it was actually from an actual creek, oh, like a spring that ran through under the church. So the water for where they had the baptism was actually like a spring.
Speaker 4: Look like that wild.
Speaker 5: I was like, well, water is usually a conduit, right, absolutely so. But it's still strange to me though that on a religious aspect that a church could possibly be haunted. But again, like the throw religion out completely, it's still a place where there's a lot of energy that happened because there's that place. Especially back in the old days. Yeah, old churches were places where they took out and did a lot of enus acts in the name of religion, and even like with old modern because this is I think out west old places in the US where they used to do hangings and everything else, they were sometimes done in front of a church, right, So there's a lot of traumatic things that go on there. And even people that do die usually have a funeral back in those days at.
Speaker 4: A church exactly, and even weddings. Yes, I mean, all this stuff just puts energy into places. Now.
Speaker 5: I tend to agree that sometimes I think that the hauntings themselves are not necessarily hauntings in the sense of it being spirits or whatever, but I think it's sty with the energy that's maybe still in the area, and then that's the thing that we're interacting with, is somehow this energy is trapped.
Speaker 4: I one agree with you, But.
Speaker 5: Well, is there anything else you want to share a little bit about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm right now. I'm just working on my project, the Dead Chronicles, and that's something that has been really important to me. It's all about the Dead Chronicles being these stories that have been lost because we look at the paranormal now and everything is demonic, everything's evil, everything is you know, whatever, and it's you know, I'm trying to get out there and bring back these stories and the real history and these actual people, because to me, it's just so sad to go to places and you know, have them, you know, they try to make everything creepy, and it's just like these were normal people. Like we need to preserve history, we need to respect these people. And that's the big project that I'm working on now and I just got off the phone. I'm trying to get enough money raised to to do some ground penetrating radar at the asylum where there's over fifty unmarked graves somewhere and we want to try to you know, get a memorial, go in and figure out where these graves are and stuff like that. And you know, I just think that this is something that has been kind of thrown to the side and people have kind of lost sight of that. You know, not everything has to be scary, like if we're communicating with the dead, these were people, These are people, and you know, it should be respected and these places should be respected, and we can still learn a lot from all these people and these places. I mean, this is history, and you know a lot of these places are very important places where a lot of important things happened, and so you know, I just trying to get back to you know what I think the paranormal was a while back and bring history in these people to the forefront, and the paranormal is just a way to try to connect with that history, if that makes sense, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you happen to have like where those asylum is, like contacts from like the local agencies, because I feel like there's a historical society and some of maybe like stuff like that would also help like with funding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's one. That's one thing that I'm trying to get into, trying to get ahold of the historical society, trying to set up events. You know, I'm just trying to do whatever I can. I have the guy Billy Wilkerson, he's an amazing man who does this, but he's also five hours away, so he doesn't all for donations to his historical society, which is the Sims County Historical Society, but he's willing to come. You know. I'm just trying to get that money raise so we can make it happen. You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like we're like the local agencies or whatever. There should be people that were also interested locally too, because I know from around here from experience, just from working purposes without diving into all that, Like, yeah, certain groups are getting very very interested about stuff. And we've uncovered grave markers doing construction and kind of shut things down for a little bit to figure out that they weren't actually graves. They were just left over headstones that were just thrown. None of them made any sense a while, Like that's above my pay grade at the time, right, I know, like there's certain groups certain things overseas stuff like that, So I thought maybe you could look into tapping into that and see if they'd be able to help out too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always interesting because especially like I did a lot of vest skating like Tennessee and Kentucky and all that stuff, and they're in the Bible Belt and down there. They want nothing to do with the paranormal. And if I were to ask someone if they wanted to help out with something like that, you know, they might try to burn me at the stake. So it's weird to like, you know, you come to like Ohio and we kind of embrace that kind of stuff and the community come together around it, and then you go other places and they're like, you're a demon, You're a witch. You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now, for the purposes of the ground penetrating stuff, are is that to try just to locate where they're buried or are you wanting to actually maybe figure out who they were?
Speaker 4: Well, so we know who some of them are. There is documentation for some of them, but really we just want to figure O number one, how many are there, because we know now that over five hundred people died in this asylum. And you know, the asylum wasn't an insane asylum. It was a poor farm. But at the same time, if you had one girl was dropped off because she had a speech impediment and her parents were ashamed of her, so they drop her off. So it also became a place where you know, all the undesirable so to speak, were dropped off, and so when they passed away, a lot of them just they had to bury them right there, you know. So you know, we just want to know how many people are there, where they're at, so that we can at least put up something to you know, try to memorialize them and you know, get them at least a little bit of respect, because you know, they were kind of dealt with in a very undignified way. Not that the asylum could do anything about it. I mean, they did the best they could, but it's just it's terrible to think that all these people were just allowed to be thrown into a hole and just forgotten about, you know.
Speaker 5: As a species. Especially back then, but even in today's standards, we are disgusting, like, yeah, yeah, I have children, and there's no way I would get rid of one of my children because of a speech impediment. Like, to me, that's just what kind of a human being could that be that they would do that to their child because it talked a little different.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, And unfortunately that place was you know, it had a lot of people like that. You know, the girl with the speech of pediment, she got kicked in the head by a donkey and so she developed the speech of pediments. Of parents are like, eh, we're done with you. You know, it's just so wild to think about. And you know, I'm sure that stuff, I mean, I know that stuff still goes on today, but like you said, it's just so terrible and you just want to do you know, even though we can't go back in time to help that person, you know, I feel like we can still do something to memorializing one way or another by telling their stories, by you know, there's something that we can do so that this person didn't just disappear without a trace. You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's when you stop to think about some of the things. Like, I know, we live in the modern times, so the mysteries of the past we tend to forget. But like if you find out the truth about how bad we kind of were that people were back then, it's really screwed up to think just in general, like that was acceptable at the time, absolutely, and not even one hundred and something years ago, Like it was acceptable just to hang people from a tree right out front because of whatever reason, Like that was justification, just because this person has stolen a little bit. Okay, we're gonna hang them, and there's a big gathering everyone come out to watch it, exactly like today we watched sports on TV, and back in those days, they watch people hang from a tree.
Speaker 4: Right right, Yeah, you're absolutely right, And it really wasn't that long ago. I mean some of our parents and even grandparents were around to see a lot of this stuff, you know that today we just can't even imagine ever happened. But you know, I mean, it's it's important to remember that stuff so that we don't go back to that. I mean, I know it's a cliche, you know, that we should learn from history, but it's it's so true, Like it's it's good that we feel this way now about the things that happened. Then otherwise we would still be in those times, and you know, it just wouldn't be good.
Speaker 5: The sad part is, and this is me being my conspiracy had or whatever, but I feel like they're trying to make us forget about that type of history, Like a lot of it gets the narrative gets changed because the newer generations or whatever. We're almost like damning ourselves to repeat it because they don't want to talk about this stuff anymore.
Speaker 4: I one million percent agree with you. I mean, even you know, when we were in school, there's certain things that we were taught that wasn't true and certain things that they wouldn't touch on, you know. I mean, the government's controlling the school systems. The government's controlling literally everything, honestly, and like you said, it seems like we're starting to push away from that. And you know, I think we've seen over the past, you know, ten years or so, we've noticed a huge shift in society and it's not necessarily a good shift. And I don't think social media is the blame. I really don't. I think it's like you said, this controlling of the knowledge and this you know, this influx of misinformation and honestly brainwashing.
Speaker 5: It's I say, it's a numbing of society, like they want to keep everything dumbed down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're one hundred percent right, Yeah, it's it's it's like a funny, funny side note when we talk about that. I saw the other day that we all know the movie Idiocracy, that they said that in that movie they wanted to create the ugliest shoes that no one would wear possible. So they spend all this money doing it, and those shoes are what we now call crocs. Just like here we go, you know, just like this, this is so ironic, you can't.
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, It's very disheartening just because people that are free thinkers that kind of do what I do, do what you do, and we think outside the box. For the ones labeled is crazy because we have our own belief systems and our own ideas and correct. If it goes against what's being pushed, then we're the problems, we're the crazy people. But yeah, there's a lot of things that go on that make zero sense. And I don't know why no one questions it, but yet because the TV and the media tells us that if this is what it is, and we jump the wagon and accept it for what it is. But like, no one ever questions in and if you question it, you're the problem. Such as like I don't know whether I don't.
Speaker 4: Like how.
Speaker 5: Society is becoming, but that's neither here nor there off the topic. It's just me.
Speaker 4: Here talking into the ether. I guess yeah, no, I totally agree with you, Like, like we were talking about earlier, that bleeds through into the paranormal people who will believe literally everything's paranormal, or people will never accept it. I think people love to be in their comfort bubbles, and they put themselves into these kind of echo chambers, these groups of people who think and act the same way that they do. People will regurgitate the same things that they do because you know, if you don't believe in then you know in afterlife, for example, then all religion is completely false and that confirms your beliefs. There on the flip side, if you do believe it no matter what, then you know it confirms the opposite. And people just don't like to step outside their comfort zone and h question things because that's dangerous, right, Like, once you start thinking that's dangerous, then it might change your entire life, it might change your entire worldview, your religious views. And that's just something that people don't want to do. So they'd rather just stay in these echo chambers, you know, stay plugged into you know, the machine, so to speak, and just carry on about their lives.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I wish I could just plug myself back in, but at this point I'm too far out of the matrix to get plugged back in.
Speaker 4: I I know. I always say, like I envy some of these people sometimes be able to just have like such a like to know something for a fact, like just be able to be content with that, Like what does that feel like? I would love to know?
Speaker 5: Right, Well, we can talk about your books here before we get things wrapped up and where everyone can check them out at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so once again I got Taylor Mill Horror. That's the true story of that home in Taylor Mill Kentucky that can be found on Amazon. And then I have my fiction horror novel Hell's Carnival, also out on Amazon, that's based off of a reoccurring nightmare I had since I was a child, combined with a traumatic event I had probably about three or four years ago, and it all crafted into a gory horror novel.
Speaker 5: I did something similar last year. I had a very weird experience and I turned it into a horror novel and really, yeah, it's not very long, sol about one hundred and fifty pages, but I'm definitely not a writer. And then I used my grammarly and I used word and then I ran it through like one of those a AI programs that does like it was supposed to format things correctly. What I realized it ended up changing words that I didn't write. And after I got and I got back and reading, and I was like, I don't remember saying that word. I don't even know what that word means, and like I just took the suggestions of what things were telling me, like oh this was I just like okay, okay, Like when like word was telling me you I misspelled something, I just So The book has been out for almost a year now and then like I don't even talk about it much because it's like I'm embarrassed that it has like words and stuff in it that I didn't do and I didn't really say. Is like, it's technically not one hundred percent when I wrote, it's about ninety eight percent me, and the rest of it's like whatever the computer decided to fix for me.
Speaker 4: Right right. The rest is telling you you know that the JFK sassination was exactly how they'd been said, just randomly.
Speaker 5: It used like fear and intrepidation. I think like twenty five times. I was like I never said that, Wow, they were I was like, I don't even know what the word trepidation meant. That I'm not going to use it that many times. But so no, when when I got the finished book back and I was reading through it because it was just kind of like, oh man, mm hmm, but that is out there, I thought it was pretty cool to have a book.
Speaker 4: So but no, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: I will include links for anyone that's interested in the show notes. Just make sure to send them my way, and then I will include them for everything. And then working people get a hold of your check out or what your latest thing is like where they can find all your information in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all can go check out the dead chronicles on Facebook. Like I said, that's my new project. This would all be plugged into. So that's definitely the best way to get a hold of me and check out what's going on.
Speaker 5: Awesome. Well, Austin, don't want to cut it short, but it's been a pleasure talking with you.
Speaker 4: Oh the pleasures all been mine, trust me.
Speaker 5: And again for anyone listening, I'll have information for you in the show notes to check that out. But we're gonna head out. So thanks to Austin, and thanks for everyone listening, and good night.
Speaker 1: And that's the show everyone. I really hope you guys enjoyed the conversations. If you would like to be a guest on tenfoil Tels, remember to send an email to Tenfoil Tales Podcast at gmail dot com or go to the contact section of tenfoiltal dot com. Just get your message to me. We'll get some schedule for a future episode. And just remember the truth lies, and the stories we share, the connections we make, stay curiously open minded. Thank you all for joining us on this journey, and until next time, keep questioning, keep seeking, and keep exploring the unknown.
Speaker 5: Goodnight, everyone says on sounds in the headstones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's times ruts that say creature. Let's take a walk, big Foot talk. Then they're out there in the dark.
Speaker 6: But the truth is out there Liking me and spark Ufo sightings got the whole world shook, conspiracies and folds like a story in the book.
Speaker 3: Control trying to keep us by.
Speaker 6: We're all gonna use.
Speaker 3: The whole mind.
Speaker 4: In history.
Speaker 6: They don't want us to know the secrets they hide since they won't show so they don't society.
Speaker 3: They keep us in chase. But Sad and Thomas time to break the reins.
Speaker 6: Control trying to keep us fine, but I'm alone before We're gonna use.
Speaker 2: My mind.
Speaker 4: In history.
Speaker 6: They want us to know the secrets to hide since they also.
Speaker 3: No they no society, they keep us in chase. I'm sending song this sound to break the reins.