Speaker 1: Five o five at fifty five KRC, the talk station. Happy Monday Tuesday, said say.
Speaker 2: Will and that's the way the news going.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, hope you had a wonderful weekend and I was really enjoyed my three day weekend. Thank you to Gary Jeff Walker for covering for me on Friday. Good to see Judge Treker Roy blogs he's I could produce her My name friend Thomas, host to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Plenty to talk about. Got lots on the plate today, but let's start with the rundown. Got guests coming up. Of course It's Monday. Christopher Smithman every Monday at seven to twenty former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, with the smith Event, getting it out of a system much in the same way my dad did for such a long time. Really missed dad in the Monday morning Spleen event from my dad anyhow, followed by, of course Monday Monday's Brian James. Congress introduced them some interesting things for investors, black Rock adding private equity and credit to for one case. I don't even know what that means. Congress open to private markets to everyone, and finally a new way to invest in digital assets. Those are topics with Brian James. Jack Winsor joins a program at a thirty president, editor in chief of the Ohio Press Network, following a story from Warren County regarding food freedom at a small farm there, independent farmers, like a cooperative anyway. I guess they shut it down for some waterline issue or something. Anyway, the idea of having food freedom and for you and I to choose what we want to eat, I believe it's a good thing. So this really relates to that conceptually. The farm actually settled out of court agreed to again put in a water line as part of the settlement rather than fight the court battle over the propriety of the shutdown. So anyway, Jack Winsor will explain that at eight thirty, looking forward to Heaven on the program, of course, always looking forward to hearing from you. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk go with pound five fifty on at and T fund if you've got something you want to comment on. Yes, a crazy gunman started a fire in Idaho and then ambushed in a sniper attacks and firefighters you heard at top of the ur news he's dead. No information on what the person's name was, or what the motivations could possibly have been. What what what's Why would you go after a firefighter? I just gotta say that out loud. I mean I can some level understand given the protests and the arguments made that police are inherently racist or some nonsense like that, but what's with firefighters anyhow? Uh So, we got that going on the on the Big Beautiful Bill. Senate course passed it through to move advance, and now they're going to talk about amendments all day long. This after Chucky Schumer required the Republicans to read every word of the Big Beautiful Bill on the floor. Took them sixteen hours to get through nine hundred and seventy pages. With that done and out of the way, now the amendments get discussed and apparently they're going to be doing a marathon on that one. Look for it to be concluded maybe by tomorrow, and no information on if it's going to pass. There's still a bunch offense centers in the Senate Republicans who are not thrilled with what's in the bill. And of course you have the House side, which is not thrilled with the sentence version for several handful of Republicans, So don't know whether it's actually going to get passed or whether to get passed by the July fourth, self imposed deadline. Keep your popcorn out on that. We'll dive through some of the details in the Senate bill a little bit later. But here in the state of Ohio, I've and talking about this a lot, but it's not going to be on the ballot. The group circulating positions to petitions to eliminate the property taxes remember that, Yeah, Well, they don't have enough or they won't have enough signatures to meet the November ballot deadline. Speaking with WCPO, Beth Blackmar, spokesman for the Committee to Eliminate Property tax said they wouldn't divulge how many of the required four hundred and thirteen thousand, four and eighty seven valid signatures they have collected, but conceded that they won't have enough for the deadline, which is today June thirtieth.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: The month of June went by quickly, didn't it, Gollee Oh Anyway, she said it was a hail Mary to try to get it on to get this thing by July first, But why not try. We've mobilized so many people across the Ohio. And the beauty of it is that it's a by part is an issue. I think that's catching everyone by surprise.
Speaker 1: She said. They're not letting up.
Speaker 3: They're going to continue to collect signatures until they get enough so it should make the ballot next year. It'll be a constitutional amendment abolishing property taxes, which parenthetically pay for local services like school and emergency services. The part that always gives me a chuckle. The aftermath is what is most interesting. Fine, get rid of property taxes, but you're gonna have to come up with a new mechanism of funding literally everything that's like your property tax bill. Anyway, black Mark said, this is not going to stop until we're on the ballot. We're in for the long haul, and we're in it for the citizens of Ohio. House and Centati approved and negotiated budget that includes a few modest reforms. See, this has got the least the legislative branch. It's letting a fire under their butts. They're gonna have to come up with some solution and they've got I guess until next year when this thing is probably going to be on the ballot, to maybe come up with something that will negate the need to eradicate property taxes in Ohio.
Speaker 1: But what will they do anyway?
Speaker 3: The negotiate a budget includes a few modest reforms, limit school districts carry over to forty percent, it's replacement levies, and gives local budget commissioners more power to bloated budgets. Fine, how does that translate to the amount of money you're paying on your property tax bill? Let us see here. Oh, this is hilarious. Former Ashtonbulla County auditor David Thomas apparently hand picked by House leadership to shepherd property tax ref him. This year, he submitted a three and a half billion dollar tax savings bill that would have erased unvoted inside village for all government entities and schools except townships. But it didn't make the budget. So his one effort by the hand pick guy. The hand pick guy didn't make it.
Speaker 5: Hm.
Speaker 1: He said he never.
Speaker 3: Thought the group would got enough signatures for the ballot onto the on November, but hey had significant efforts. I told folks, I'm not worried about this year. I'm worried about it next year. They've been very helpful in helping us push these initiatives. Taking a step back. What we're passing today three years yars ago was impossible. That's the point I meant about this lighting of fire underneath our elected officials bottoms, because they've got to do something or face the prospect of well a state with no property tax. They have to do their phony, blowny jobs. In other news, locally, look a new lease agreement for the pay Course Stadium Commissioners apparently approved the new lease terms June twenty six, days before the June thirtieth today deadline. The Bengals had to extend the current lease. What does it got in it?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 3: Right, Let's start with the length of the new lease. The current least twenty nine years. The new lease eleven which includes the twenty twenty five season project costs. The original current lease eight hundred and ninety nine million, the new lease terms four hundred and seventy million. Now I'm trying to square that in my head. The twenty nine year current lease eight hundred and ninety nine million dollars in project costs, the new ones eleven years and four hundred and seventy, so they basically, well, the term is a lot shorter and the dollars are about half. I don't know Bengals contribution un to the current least fifty million under the new least terms one hundred and twenty million. Our share in the county, the county taxpayer dollars three hundred and fifty million. Under the current lease, they say it was seven hundred and eighty nine million rent. There's no rent. The Bengals don't have to pay rent under the current lease. Now they have to pay one million dollars for the first three years. It just says, then escalates. This is reporting from Aaron Glenn at the enquire I don't know what escalates mean. I'm just reading what I've been given by way of information in the boiled down terms banks development. Here's something maybe you can answer for me. What is the urban design study. It's as far as the bank's development is concerned. Under the current lease, the team can restrict the land use, so it is basically the ultimate say on how Bank's development goes. But under this one it says standards will be replaced with the recommendations from the urban design study. I just got a red flag on that one anyway, and as so far as multiple uses, the team decides what can under the current lease, what can be done, and like we have concerts at pay Course Stadium, so the team decides stadium book is under the new terms, the county will coordinate with the team to market the stadium for events on non game days. It sounds like a step in the right direction for using it more often than just the days the Bengals are playing in it, So maybe even bring some dollars into the city by using it more often. But coordination and agreement are two different things. So there you have it. I'm not sure if it's a step in the right direction or not, but there's nothing in here that says the team is leaving five fifteen fifty five kr ZD talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five eight hundred and eight two three talk Pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I'll be back after free brief words fifty.
Speaker 6: Five krc our iHeart five eighteen at fifty five kr CD talk.
Speaker 3: Station ge head on over to my blog and podcast papment. You can't listen live at godcarseee dot com.
Speaker 1: Of course. Christopher Smith and Smith event will.
Speaker 3: Be there later this morning we Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Even though I wasn't here, we still do tech Friday. Of course Cary Jeff did, so that's there, Crime Stopper Bag Guy of the Week, and then of course the podcast from the other items ahead on the show. Earlier in the week, fifty five kr se dot com gets your heart media app. While you're there seeking stream in the audio wherever you happen to be. Let's go to the phone. Who what Bobby's got this morning? Hey Bobby, Happy Monday to you. Always a pleasure to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Happy Monday, my brother. There's faith, flag, family, and firearms. When you have those, you always keep your freedom.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 7: I got a couple of things to mention, like the Amy Coney Barrett. You know, maybe we could get a cage match for her and Justin Jackson's Jackson. I think he'd be great. She'd blow torcht her get out the burn cream before blisters.
Speaker 3: The visual on that one, I'm sorry, I'm just had a difficult time seeing past that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: It'll get into a bit of a verbal back and forth, or at least a written opinion back and forth.
Speaker 7: I'd like to go ahead and send out a I don't know exactly how to put a poorl John Houston. You know, got that appointment for JD. Manton Senate Seed. He's up all day and night and everything. He's got a special election here coming up next year. Boy, I'll tell you what. I don't know what he did with the governor of the state of Ohio, but he's sure they'll put him in a nice position, didn't he.
Speaker 1: I suppose, so.
Speaker 7: Up there all day and night. Send at seat.
Speaker 1: I tell you any other random musings today, Bobby, No.
Speaker 7: That's it, my brother. We're just trying to have maintaining Almighty Gods America out first thing in the morning. All we're trying to do.
Speaker 3: Appreciate your your thoughts and comments as always, Bobby, have a wonderful day and week, my friend. Let's see here, uh fatois if you take this seriously. Irani and Siai Grand Ayatola Maharama Shiazi, who happens to be ninety eight years young, issued a fatwah calling on all Muslims worldwide to assassinate Donald Trump, as well as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin that Yahoo is this like Aji hi Joe.
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 3: According to the semi official IRNNI newslaw out what Mayor News agency, reporting on its English language site on Sunday, it says, here's an excerpt. Grand Iatola Makram Shazi has issued a fatwah in which he declares anyone who threatens leader that will be I guess the Ayatola and Shia Marja, which are a group of people who apparently make rules and laws, to be the enemy of God who has to be fought against according to Islamic teachings. After the threats were made by the criminal American president, leaders of the child killing Zionist regime against the leader of the Islamic Revolution Iatola Sayaed al Khameni and the senior Sheyed clerks, which is that Marja group?
Speaker 1: Uh? Let's see here.
Speaker 3: Fast forwarding response from the Grand Iahtola Makhram to the question put forward by his followers is as follows quote. Any person or regime that threatens the leader or Marja may God forbid, is considered an enemy of God.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 3: Senior ajah Iranian Marja added that any cooperation or support for that enemy by Muslims or Islamic states is haram or forbidden. It is necessary for all Muslims around the world to make these enemies regret their words and mistakes.
Speaker 1: According to an.
Speaker 3: English translation posted by somebody named Mark double wits, yes he speaks Muslim in the name of God, the most compassionate, the most merciful. It is clear that threatening the leader of the Islamic world, as well as the esteemed sources of emulation is a war against Islam. According to the chronic verse quote, Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against God or in his messenger close quote, this act carries a severe punishment. Strengthening the front of Muslims and the unity of Islamic ranks is an obligation. I consider it haram forbidden. Germains silent on the face of such threats. It's necessary for Muslims around the world to strongly condemn these threats and to take appropriate and united action. May God preserve the Islamic community from the evil of enemies under the protection of the i'mm and age. May God hasten his reappearance and reward the righteous defenders right well. Apparently, some parallels are being drawn between this one and de fatua that was issued against Solomon Rushti, which of course resulted in multiple attempts on his life, including getting stabbed and shout taka in New York, which resulted in him being blinded in one eye. So I suppose now every Muslim on the planet, to the extent they listened to this guy, is now a potential threat against the president as well as the Prime Minister of Israel. Let's do what Jay's God this morning, Jay, Happy Monday, till you welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 8: Hey, thanks, Brian, you usually do your homework pretty good, but maybe it's cause us Monday. You think you said that maybe if the Bengals opened up the stadium, it would actually bring more money into town. Any NFL stadium, Brian, in any NFL city is swimming in cash. Those things are just goos is laying golden eggs. That's why the Browns got your six hundred million. So you need to be real careful how you phrased that.
Speaker 3: I was just saying that, you know, we all paid for it. It can be used for other things than football, which makes sense since our dollars built that thing and we should use it more than you know, a dozen times a year, and that having other events there would give opportunities for folks to actually go to the stadium and watch I don't know, some major performer perform and that might bring tax dollars to some of the other businesses there who don't really see a whole lot of foot traffic when there isn't a Bengals game going around.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I'm being fastatious, Brian, because I think it is like the lowest ROI on the planet.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm not yeah, no, no, no, no, I mean you're not going to convince me, ever, that it's a worthwhile financial endeavor in terms of ROI for these massive states mediums, those are all made up fulkers.
Speaker 8: Well, just to just to put it in context of I was reading the Dayton Business Journal and they talked about that the the blight that's being removed in the town of Dayton, and that Ohio has sixty million dollars annually across the entire state set aside to do.
Speaker 5: Things like that. Now, I'm a I.
Speaker 8: Am a capitalist, and what I would say is it's still not to go the state government's job to go remove blight. But if I had to choose the lesser of two evils, which one is going to drive more economic money, economic growth in the state of Ohio. Six hundred million to the Browns or should we take the sixty million and turn it into six hundred million and get busy removing the blight in these towns and across the state, open up green space for you know, the five trillion dollars of business that's being insourced because of the tariffs. Like I go back to Rolls Royce aircraft engines. We we don't have an eye on that. We have the biggest aircraft engine plant in the world. One of the things you're going to be looking for is a workforce in a place that knows how to do something with aircraft engines. That one nobody's thinking about is we give six hundred million to the Browns And that would be the next constitutional change I would love to see is something in the in the Ohio Constitution that says taxpayer dollars cannot go to any private business. Maybe underline underscore especially entertainment slash sport business.
Speaker 3: I would agree, Yeah, I would embrace that as a concept as well. So maybe j you should start a petition drive. We can vote on no property taxes and also vote on no private or no taxpayer dollars through professional sports teams in Ohio. We'll have two ballot initiatives to work on. Appreciate thoughts and comments. Jay, don't disagree with you. I just think you know, using the stadium for more than just football games is an appropriate step in the right direction.
Speaker 1: Five twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Right now, if five krc DE talk station got local stories coming up or alternatively, phone calls can go either way.
Speaker 1: It's entirely up to you. But I'll be right back after these words.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's five point thirty on a Monday. I'm gonna go straighted with the phone. See what Tom's got to stay this morning. Tom, Happy Monday to you. Welcome back to the Morning.
Speaker 10: Showy, good morning. After hearing your weather report, I brought my zip up Hoddy along just in case it gets a little too cool or something. I don't want to be caught off guard. Yeah, it's from it's shown from unbearable to bearable. And in case Gary Jeff is listening. I am not one of those people that bitches no matter how hot or.
Speaker 7: Cold it is.
Speaker 10: I just bitch when it's hot, so I can deal with the cold. I could tolerate it, but the heat.
Speaker 1: Keep me in.
Speaker 10: I'm in the eighty which I spent a good amount of time in the AC this weekend. So but I had a fairly decent weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were outside fair amount over the weekend, but it was a welcome and refreshing blast of cold air when we got inside.
Speaker 10: Well, I can't but uh, hey, this, uh you know, the stadium deal is just another example, in my opinion, of these politicians and these business leaders just ticking their hands in the cookie yard's that has the label taskpayer dollars written on the side of it, and uh, you know, it's something has to be done with, you know. I like Jay's idea. You know, let's let's start putting it into constitution. You can't use it for this, you can't use it for that. But then we got to keep an eye on them, because these guys find a way to get their hands in there and get a hold of this money. And oh we we need to give this mount to this company to do a study on this or well impact study. I mean, it's it's it's out of hand. It's been out of hand. It's it's considered the norm. That's unfortunate that that all this taxpayer dollars are being spent on these ridiculously stupid things. And and I don't know, it's just getting fiscally conservative people in there, which means non Democrats. I mean not all Republicans are fiscally conservative. Don't get me wrong with.
Speaker 3: Republicans control Columbus Man, and they got six hundred million dollars going to the Browns. So you know, there's your bubble bursts on the idea that you know, keeping Democrats out is going to somehow solve the problems that we face. Clearly the Republicans have a spending problem as well.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, definitely, there's no doubt about that. I just you know, the Republicans Unfortolio, the lesser of two evils. You know, you do have some good Republicans in there. I can't think of one good Democrat because the Democrats when they get together, the problem is is that the crap they come up with, the ideas that they try to put in place are extremely destructive.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 10: The problem, the biggest problem with Republicans is they're capitalists. They just they just want to be the ones that make all the money themselves, the business editors or whether it's the Republican political leader. So uh yeah, anyway, don't vote Democrats have a great right.
Speaker 3: Thanks Tom. Don't vote any of them. Eight two three talk a stack of nothing to see here. This is a drugs trecker's uh creating a file on local stories. Let's start with the breaking news from this morning. Please confirm they responded to a report of a drive by shooting in downtown Cincinnati overnight six twenty five. Main Street report of shots at eleven seventeen pm. Last evening, multiple reports of a drive by shooting one person at least we shot. The location the Bay Horse Cafe. I think we could put the word notorious in front of that. They've got apartments above it. Several people hurt, take into at least one hospital. Not immediately clear they were shot or cut by glass. According to initial communication reports, Fox nineteen reporting props to them. Police are trying to locate the suspects vehicle. No description was put out. Moving over. We got one man dead and a suspect facing charge. The connection with a shooting that occurred in Evanston Saturday night, three thousand block at Gilbert Avenue, report of a shooting ten thirty pm. When officers awrye, they found Jason Lamar Bennett, forty, suffered from a gunshot wound. He went to UC Medical Center, where he died.
Speaker 1: They say.
Speaker 3: John Smith, fifty eight, now facing reckless homicide charge. Case of the shooting is still an investigation if you got the information, since a police department's homicide unit would love to hear from you. Five one, three, three, five two thirty five forty two. Nothing to see here, mandead after a Saturday night shooting a Walnut Hills since a police department victim forty year old jail. Wait, but that's the same guy, same story, different news reporting outlet moving over man found beat, badly beat and then Claremont County bar parking lot after witnesses reported he had a loaded gun, had already shot somebody days before. According to Clemont County Sheriff's Office, June twelfth, I'm called nine to one one reported a man was at the bar with a loaded gun. Almost nine pm, sheriffs deputies found forty three year old Darryl Johnson lying in the parking lot of the in Amelia with visible head trauma. Taken to UC Medical Center by air Care. Released the next morning, June seventeen, Johnson arrested for having a weapon under disability. Been previously convicted for a felony charge an attempted aggravated arson back in seven. Was not legally allowed to have a gun. Deputies also arrested a thirty four year old man, who investigator said was the person responsible for Johnson's injuries, charge with floyding assault. Claremont County Prosecutor's Office has since declined to prosecute him. Court doc Gonna say witnesses at the bar told deputies that Johnson had been told to leave the bar earlier in the night. They say Johnson stated he would come back with a gun and kill them all. Witnesses reported Johnson came back and began firing a pistol. Whitness is told deputy is a patron at the bar fought with Johnson to get the pistol from him. Before the incident of the bar ever happened. However, Johnson had already shot his roommate. According to the Claremont County Sheriff's Office, Jeez Louise Johnson facing two counts Filfloria's account, alphoniaus assault, three counts of having a weapon under disability, one kind of tampering with evidence there by thirty six fifty five kr CD talk stations stick around stack is stupid?
Speaker 1: Coming up next. I'll be right back.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: I'm doctor Damon Tanton for vool.
Speaker 5: Or not?
Speaker 11: Some man to go check on Chuck Ingram Sisha, I have five forty fifty five kr CD talk station.
Speaker 1: Over the stack is stupid and why not?
Speaker 3: New York City's public schools inadvertently turned into a public toilet on two hundred and three separate occasions, What, Joe, oh, pools?
Speaker 1: Did I say? Schools?
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, it is Monday, It is the five o'clock hour, and I'd regularly admit to being a little bit sleepy. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet. All right, let's start over New York City's public pools, although one could probably make an argument that the schools could equally apply here, Joe, two hundred and three separate occasions last year, as nearly every pool in New York City.
Speaker 1: Was pooped in. Whoa, that's a lot of feast. It is really.
Speaker 3: Forcing closure and cutting swiming hours for a city looking for a little relief in the sweltering heat. Thanks for a freedom of information request from vice dot com. Out of the fifty two public pools across five boroughs, forty four had to be shut down at least once because someone well dumped.
Speaker 1: In the pool.
Speaker 6: What the hell.
Speaker 3: Cord of the reporting from wevice. We're talking full on fecal events that the city has categorized like a Pentagon death con levels. What a solid piece of feces is a level one incident and you can imagine level two incident is you take the word solid out of there, only two levels because there aren't many gradients of poop out there. They report pools closed for cleaning regardless of level. Thankfully, weren't as nearly as many level twos nineteen of them compared to one D and eighty nine level ones. In the summer of last year, New Yorkers lost more than six hundred hours of pool time because swimmers couldn't hold it until they got home.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 3: The article does elaborate more more than anything I really want to say out loud this morning, but it does remind me of the just disturbing reality of standing in the pool bar at put In Bay for about four hours or like many several years ago, quite a few years ago, not too many people got out of the pool to go use the restroom in spite of the fact that they were pounding many, many, many beverages at the pool bar there. Yeah, I know, there's so much chloring in that pool. My suit faded. Anyhow, let's try to get this one in here. Sunday the twenty second, about two twenty pm, chaos are up in to the Gallery of Mall in Uptown District.
Speaker 1: This in Houston.
Speaker 3: Suspector's identity remains undisclosed pending formal charges. Allegedly stole a pair of sunglasses. Close circuit camera footage shows them making the item from the store. Houston Police Department officers reportedly got the call about the theft spot of the man shortly thereafter. What started as a routine shoplifting check turned into a dramatic chase through the mall's upper level of suspect fleeing from officers, sprinted towards the second floor railing overlooking the gallery as indoor ice skating rink. He leapt over the railing in an effort to evade police. Witnesses say he even yelled come get me, before plunging directly onto the ice rink below. Seconds later, the man described his appearing unfazed by his broken legs plural as he hops on his mobile device, while nearby onlooker wearing ice skates attempts to help him.
Speaker 11: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The man hit the ice rink hard, as described in the reporting, legs first.
Speaker 1: The impact is peared brutal.
Speaker 3: Corder reports his legs buckled instantly, leaving him all out and unable to move. A man near the ring, Ken Gilliard described the scene. He said, I seen the zamboni coming out to clear the ice, and then I just see somebody fall. One of the witness he jumped straight down, tried to land. When he hit the ice, his legs literally went out from under him. They snapped. Houston Fired Department paramedics rushed the subject to a nearby hospital, where he's being treated for severe leg injuries, including fractures in both legs, and of course, video footage of the incident showed up on X one X post over eight million views as the time of this article. Is reporting that ice floor is harder than a concrete floor. That's why his legs broke slash split from just a fifteen foot jump after hanging from twenty feet, said one observer. Someone else observed, is he checking his phone with broken legs? Apparently yes? The answer yes, five forty five and fifty five KRC detak station imaging can be affordable, and I'm talking about you know your MRIs, you seet scans, echo cardiograms, and ultrasounds. It can be affordable compared to the hospital imaging department. If you go to affordable imaging services, each one of the images comes with a board certified radiologist report. Hospitals will probably bill you separately for that. So in the case of the echo cardiogram, wait around a month to get into the hospital imaging department where they'll charge you thirty five hundred dollars maybe more, and then you get a separate bill for the report. Affordable imaging services if you don't need an enhancement, five hundred dollars eight hundred with an enhancement, and they'll get you in right away. That's the other thing you don't have to wait around at Affordable Imaging MRIs again thirty five hundred dollars at a hospital only four ninety five with no enhancement. CEET scan five grand at a hospital four to fifty without a contrast only six centered with a contrast that affordable. I've done CT scans there MRIs as well. It's listen, it's the same equipment hospitals you use. Professionals been at this for decades operating the equipment, and everything has always been fine. My doctors have never uttered a syllable of dissatisfaction about the quality of the image of the report. So save money online. It's Affordable Medimaging dot com. Affordable Medimaging dot com. The number of scheduled appointment five one three seven five three eight thousand. That's seven five three, eight thousand.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: It's the Marketers report Today Covert ten and nine with afore caask got widely scattered showers today, severe thunderstorms they say, afternoon into the evening, damaging winds possibility, along with isolated FLATA eighty eight. Today is high seventy two overnight with mostly cloudy skies, partly cloudy day tomorrow, maybe a shower or two in the morning. They say lower humidity, which is nice eighty six for the high overnight lowes sixty six with clear skies and a mostly sunny Wednesday with a high of eighty eight seventy three.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's get a trafficked.
Speaker 12: Update, maybe from the UCU Traffic Center. The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation.
Speaker 1: The future at cancer Care is here called.
Speaker 12: Five one three five eighty five U see see see highways doing fine early on this Monday morning. Some wet roads to deal with on seventy four near the state line, and I'm beginning to see just a bit of slow traffic on eastbound seventy four after you come past North Bend. That's thanks to a work crew. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See at the talk station.
Speaker 3: It is five fifty to fifty five care CIMD talk station five on three seven fifty hundred two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. Got a lot to talk about coming up in the next hour, including what's in the senateth version of the so called Big Beautiful Bill. As they UH will struggle to do amendments all day today. Probably won't vote until tomorrow morning anyway, get an update on that, and really its fate is in serious question. It's not a guarantee pass stack. A stupid and unclothed man who North Texas, mesquite specifically Meskie, police say, stolen ambulance from a North Texas hospital on Monday let officers on a chase into a neighboring county. Someone from Dallas Regional Medical Center in Mesquie called police to report the stolen ambulance. Said, the man who'd been taken to the hospital got into one of the ambulances.
Speaker 1: It just drove away. He wasn't wearing any clothes I know.
Speaker 3: Officers found the Allegiance ambulance, but the naked suspect refused to stop, leading law enforcement on a chase in a neighboring Kaufman County. Terror Police apartment in Kauflin County Sheriff's Office joined the pursuit were able to stop the ambulance with spike strips. That's when the driver ran from officers, but was caught after a brief foot chase. Police identify this suspect his thirty six year old Walter Butler of Dallas now facing charges of theft, evading arrest with a vehicle, and resisting arrest. Fortunately, no accidents or injuries resulted from the pursuit. And I hate when they don't answer the question why the guy was naked. We can conclude probably some sort of drug induced behavior. Yes, indeed, we go to college station, Texas man there facing charges after police say he attacked an ice cream truck driver because he believed the driver was acting suspiciously around children.
Speaker 6: Do what the hell?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 3: Forty two year old Michael Valadez was arrested after allegedly punching the ice cream truck driver multiple times, stealing his phone, and threatening to shoot him you Reportally told police he believed the driver was acting suspiciously around children, claiming he saw the man take phones from the kids and give them his phone number. Driver, however, told police the children were using their phones to pay for treats with Apple Pay and cash. App Elsa said he shares his number with customers so they could call him to return to their neighborhood. Further investigation was done police determine the ice cream truck operator had not engaged in any inappropriate or illegal behavior. Valadez charged with robbery and unlawful possession of a firearm.
Speaker 6: Do what the hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah careful about how quickly you draw those conclusions. A twenty two year old Czechoslovakia man and his parents posed as dentistry professionals and performed dozens of root canals and tooth fillings using online tutorials.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 3: Dental procedures expensive? So finding a good deal something that well, some people pursue in spite of the fact that it does not appear all above board have lick Cove, broad Town, one hundred kilometers southeast of Prague and the Czech Republic. The family have Lick Abroad posted his dentistry professionals for two years, performing cheap procedures in an unauthorized clinic with no medical training and only online tutorials for guidance. They performed tooth extractions, local anesthesia, root canals, tooth fillings on dozens of patients until they were finally discovered by.
Speaker 1: Police this year.
Speaker 6: The Ariocrat in.
Speaker 3: A statement from police, a twenty year old man poses a dentist although he lacked the necessary professional knowledge. The woman who worked at the health sector provided anesthetics, but also other dental material which she had access to like fillings, cleaning powder and glue, impression material and much more. The fake dnist's mom worked as a nurse and could provide the materials necessary for the procedures, while the dad produced prosthetic devices for patients. In the two years the fake Denal clinic operated, police estimate the family of three made four million check Corona or one hundred and eighty five five hundred dollars American rested charge with operating an illegal business, money laundering, attempted to solve drug dealing in theft. Found guilty, they were spending up to eight years in prison. Okay, reminds me of the fake plasm a plastic surgery and setting up clinic at a motel six red Flag match five afty five fifty five kr s DE talk station. Stick around, love to hear from if you've got something you want to say in the six o'clock hour. Certainly have a lot of news to get through and we are. I am looking forward to anyway. Christopher Smitheman for the Smith event coming up at seven point twenty. I'll be right back after the top of the our news.
Speaker 9: President Trump made clear that a peaceful resolution was possible if I Ran agreed to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions.
Speaker 13: Another updates at the top of the hour fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 6: In the podcast The United States of Kennick So.
Speaker 3: Sectivity five Kara Ce the Talk Station and Brian Thomas fishing everybody a very happy Monday.
Speaker 1: Ipe, you had a great weekend and looking forward.
Speaker 3: Fast forward one hour and ten minutes or so seven to twenty with Christopher Smithman every Monday in the morning show with the smither vent from the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Looking forward to that. I always enjoy our conversations. I also enjoy talking to Brian James Money mondays Brian James Wilworth Financial. We'll talk about some things for investors. Congress introducing black Rock, apparently adding private equity and credit to for one case, He's going to have to explain that one to me. Congress opening private markets to everyone, and a new way to invest in digital assets. File by Jack Windsor from the Ohio Press Network. He's the president and editor in chief. Wrote an interesting article about a farm the authorities shut down in Warren County. Apparently the litigation has been resolved. They consented to install some kind of water line, but more broadly, the point being, you know, government attacks on small farms and interfering with our choices when it comes to what kind of food we want to eat, So state versus the little guy kind of a situation. So Jack windsor on that again at a thirty five three seven eight two three taco with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Something you'd like to talk about, feel free to call Remember fifty five Karsey dot com for the podcast page when you can't listen live, and also getting your iHeartMedia app so you can stream the content wherever you.
Speaker 1: Happen to be.
Speaker 3: Today's the big day, the voter rama is what they call it the Senate. It's going to be uh, I guess hearing proposals for amendments to the Big Beautiful Bill, which was moved forward over the weekend in spite of some of the Senator Ran Paul and Tom Willis saying no voting against the procedural measure to move it forward. Well, it moved forward vote fifty one to forty nine, which means the nine hundred and forty page bill, which Chuck Schumer required them to read out loud over the weekend, doing anything they can to delay it, and you know, honestly don't have a problem with that. Fine, if it's a requirement, go ahead read it. Took sixteen hours to get through the nine hundred and forty pages, but now no one can say that they didn't read it, assuming that they were there for the reading of the bill. Sadly, the CBO projected the updated estimates released on June twenty seventh, will increase the deficit around three point twenty five trillion dollars over the next ten years. Now, I know some people reject the CBO's projections, but I think the Republicans methodology and calculating the increase, it's still going to increase the deficit by almost two trillion dollars. I think it's one point seven under the revised financial projections. Regardless, I just have to ask the question out loud, why do we have to increase spending? Why does the deficit have to increase? Why can't we just put the damn brakes on it? Is that not within the realm of possibility? Am I just hoping against hope that someday they're going to wake the hell up and realize we're on a crash course with well a monetary collapse.
Speaker 1: Oh you can't touch that. No, no, no, that's too much there and oh my god, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you know what this is how we got ourselves into this problem. Oh, anyway, what's in it? Of course the twenty seventeen tax cuts well made permanent. Back in twenty seventeen. The bill slash marginal attack rate tax rates across the board, most brackets seeing around to two to four percent cut. And of course we will go to pre twenty seventeen levels if this does not get passed. So this is the most important provision in the Reconciliation Bill from my perspective. Anyway you may be looking at, I don't know, the child credit. It boosts the child credit. The Senate version does from twenty to twenty two hundred dollars and extends it permanently. As far as taxes on overtime car loans and tips, it will allow deducting the first twenty five thousand dollars in income from tips, deducting up to twelve thousand, five hundred income from overtime pay for single filers, twenty five thousand for joint filers. And here's an interesting provision. It allows you to deduct up to ten thousand dollars for car Loan interest on American made vehicles. Wonder if that's broken down by percentage of American made parts anyway, As my senior friends out there, Instead of Trump's no taxes on Social Security, which you did campaigned on and has pushed, the Senate version allows seniors to deduct six thousand of their Social Security income, with that amount reducing once income passes seventy five thousand dollars for single filers or one hundred and fifty for joint single filers who make more than one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars or more. Joint Filers with dual income over two hundred and fifty thousand dollars are not eligible for the deduction. Immigration and border security, the Senate version dedicates one hundred and fifty billion dollars toward immigration enforcement, thirty billion of which is for ICE enforcement, thirteen point five billion in grants for state and local governments to assist ICE in their efforts, forty five billion dollars for detention of illegal immigrants, forty six and a half billion for the construction of a border, the wall along the US Mexico border. Apparently this funding covers through the end of fiscal year twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Defense.
Speaker 3: I'm still waiting for an audit that actually takes for the defense spending bill. I'd like to have DOGE go through defense spending and ferret out all the fraud, waste, and abuse in that. I don't think we need to add an addition one hundred and fifty seven billion dollars, which is what the Senate version does. Of that one hundred and fifty seven twenty nine billion for enhancing US maritime capabilities in shipbuilding, twenty five billion for munitions, twenty five billion for Israel's Golden Dome Missile defense Project, Israel's defense project. Clean energy tax credits, several of them included in the Inflation Reduction Act, are being cut, some as early as this year. Electric vehicle tax credit ends September thirtieth. In the Senate, build hydrogen, wind, solar clean energy products would need to be online by December thirty first of twenty twenty seven or January first of twenty eight, depending on the type. Of project HM online or you don't get the tax credit. The bill would tax new wind and solar projects for using specific foreign made components. I'm not sure if we even manufacture those things here a domestically Okay. The Senate bill, I know, Medicaid has been a real problem with some of the House Republicans saying it's going to harm rural hospitals, some saying that the Medicaid cuts aren't big enough. So again, question mark whether this is going to get through the House, or even the Senate for that matter. Senate version reduces Medicaid spending by imposing an eighty hour monthly work requirement for able bodied adult so check reduces the provider tax from six percent to three and a half percent in states that expanded Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.
Speaker 1: SNAP.
Speaker 3: For the first time, Senate bill requires states to contribute to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program AKA formerly known as food Stamps. Apparently the amounts variable based on state's payment error rate, but would fall between five and fifteen percent. Would also increase the state share of administrative costs that seventy five percent, up from the current fifty percent. Well, hopefully that'll bring about some initiative for states to ferret out the fraud, waste, and abuse so their slice of the payment is lower. Anything to get people to go in that direction is welcome from me. Sadly, over the ejections of Senator Ran Paul, the bill increases the US debt ceiling by five trillion dollars. Five trillion because we have a spending problem, and this really irks me. The state and local tax deduction. This salt previously capped at ten thousand dollars, which harms well individuals in states that height with high high taxes. The Blue state who had put themselves in that position through their own stupidity and legislation. The Senate bill increases the cap to forty thousand dollars annually, increasing it by one percent for five years instead of the ten years initially sought by its supporters. As a compromise, calendar year twenty thirty, the cap returns to ten thousand dollars, so sort of a slow drag reduction back to where it is right now, which is where it should stay. But of course you had some Republicans from these blue states demanded the salt cap increased. The forty thousand dollars in order to win their vote. That's amazing, Representative Micha Lawler from New York how much control they have these blue state Republicans. Bill makes several tweaks the federal education policy, reducing Pelgram eligibility for high income students students with a full ride. Good proposes two federal student loan repayment plans, including one traditional payment plan and one income based repayment plan. At least they're talking about repayment as opposed to debt forgiveness, restrictions on regulating AI, and the bill requires that states refrain from regulating artificial intelligence for ten years as a condition to receive their portion of a newly created five hundred million dollar broadband fund.
Speaker 1: All right, now, some.
Speaker 3: Things got cut out, most notably for my firearm friends proposal to cut the excise tax and regulations on suppressors and other types of shortbail rifles that is pulled out apparently didn't pass the parliamentarian's overview on what was appropriate to be in this particular bill. Provisions pulled included one empowering states and forced immigration law, multiple provisions related to the federal work force. In a provision financially rewarding cost cutting measures by agencies. The proposal from Senator Mike Lee of Utah to sell off federal lands that was pulled.
Speaker 1: So there's some good ideas.
Speaker 3: That were pulled out by the parliamentarian who wields a tremendous amount of power. Six seventeen fifty five KRC the talk station, feel free to call it again. They're just going to be continuing to do the voter rama today and a lot of senators have not chimed in on whether or not they're even going to vote for it. Of course, I'm talking to Republican senators since we all know the Democrats are lockstep against the whole idea.
Speaker 1: QC connects a great idea.
Speaker 3: If you're dealing with knee, hip, shoulder pain and it's not getting any or better, you're stuck in the cycle of steroid shots, and your doctor has also mentioned surgery. So before you go down that road, hold on for a second. Say about something I hear has helped a lot of people get their lives back together without more medications, without going.
Speaker 1: Under the nineteen.
Speaker 3: It's QC Kinetics, the nation's leader and regenerative medicine using treatments like advanced cellular therapy and plate platelet rich plasma which can help your body heal itself, not masking the pain, and it goes to the root of the problems. Cellular treatments contain growth factors and healing profits properties to maximize your own body's ability to heal itself. Ninety two percent of patients reports satisfaction with the results. That's what QC canex is tell me. That's just a number. That's peace of mind, that it's truly working for folks just like you. So give it a shot. It's a free consultation. Just get the information to find out. These well licensed medical providers can help you out with these interesting techniques. So to schedule the free appointment. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 6: This just didn't Iran's.
Speaker 3: Six twenty three fifty five kre CD talk station alright, have you Monday field five on three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred two to three talk five fifty.
Speaker 1: On eight Chancy funds.
Speaker 3: This crazy guy is Zoron Mamdani, the one that won the Democratic New York primary for mayor the City of New York. Thirty three years old, has never had a job. He's a total nut job commie, and he doesn't want to deport any immigrants, criminal or otherwise. He's on Meet the Press yesterday he was interviewed by host Kristen Welker talking about immigration and deportation. Are you committed to keeping New York as a sanctuary city, He's asked. He says absolutely, because ultimately we've seen that this is a policy that has kept New York, New Yorker's safe for decades.
Speaker 1: He's living a lie.
Speaker 3: Anyway, fast forward, she goes, well, Tom Holman has said that he's planning to deploy ICE agents New York to New York work side enforcement and essentially increase an enhanced number of ICE agents here. If that happens on your watch, how do you plan to handle it? His response, We have to stand up and fight back, and we haven't seen that from our current mayor, who has instead been working with Trump administration to assist their goal of building the single largest deportation force in American history. He went on to elaborate about a couple of specific cases, but bottom line is fight back. And I was a little alarmed by that because just last week we had a several violent left wing thugs who attacked federal ICE agents while quote unquote protesting in Portland outside the Portland Ice Office earlier in the month, one of which may spend her life behind bars. US Attorney's Office a District of Oregon announced last Thursday the three rioters have been charged with several crimes, including assaulting federal law enforcement officers. Forty six year old Julie Winners of Portland charge with criminal complaint with felony of attempt to assault on a federal officer fighting back. A Zeal Chambers twenty of Merlind, Oregon charged with by information with Misdemeanor's officers offenses of assault on federal officers, creating a hazard on federal property, and failing to obeyl awful order. Finally, Rachel Jean Pope twenty eight charged with by information with the misdemeanor offensive assaulting a Federal officer.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: They've been damaging the ICE building for several weeks, or at least trying to damage it, targeting federal law enforcement officers. Also in this so called protest with threats of violence, hurling pepper spray, tossing other objects like rocks, trash, and bricks. Fighting back, federal officers noticed Winters this one of the defendants, trying to light what was described as an incendiary device next to the guard shack of the building. Things escalated after that. This Winter defendant pulled out a large knife from her backpack and threw it in an officer. Fortunately he was not hit. They used a taser on Winters as she attempted to flee, but she was still in to pull out another large knife from her waistband before another officer finally subdued and arrested her. Fight back defended Chambers tried to blind a federal officer by hitting him in the eye with laser pointer the same evening. He's been charged with failing to comply with an officer's orders to leave the premises and throwing an object at federal property June twentieth. Now that Winners faces the most severe punishment following assault of a federal officer and inflicting bodily injury carries a potential twenty year prison sentence, So I think it's time we start making examples out of people who would attack federal officials just doing their job. Meanwhile, mayor old candidate Mom Donnie vows to fight back against ICE agents. Is that the kind of fighting you think he's advocating for. You think people might read into his words and take violence into their own hands and go after federal authorities because their mayor said it was aok to do that kind of thing. Six twenty seven fifty five KRC Detalk station. Get some local stories coming up. I want to mention ODO exit first won't work on the stench of politics, but it does work on all the other odors that you have to deal with, maybe even on a regular basis, like your dog owners, your cat oders, your human owners, food owners, mold, mildew, smoke. They've got a product to get rid of the odor, and it comes with one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. When you use the odor exit products as directed, it'll eliminate the odor, plain and simple. Oh, why should get your money back? Been locally manufactured since nay I said, twenty five years in business here locally, so the products work. I've used them many times. A lot of my listeners have gotten back of me. How affected these products are and you don't stay in business that long if they don't work. So go to odor exit dot com, od O r XIT new e odor exit dot Com. Order it there. It'll be delivered promptly to your home, or you can buy it locally. Just use the search engine that's on the website. Odor Exit dot Com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Thirty one and fifty five care C the talk station. Very happy Monday to you. But if I have care see dot com get your heart media app so you can have the content where you happen to have your smart device still app right there. Over the local stories, the petition circulating to eliminated property tax in Ohio is not going to make it to the November ballot. Beth Black Marl, the spokesman with the East Sin SINNTI or a brother the Committee to Eliminate Property Tax talking with local WDCPO news, so they wouldn't tell you. They wouldn't say how many of the required signatures and they need north of four hundred thousand of them they actually collected, but they admitted that they wouldn't make the deadline, which is today. She acknowledge it was a bit of a hail Marya to try to get it on the ballot with the deadline being July first, But they gave it a try, and they say they're going to continue gathering signatures until they get enough so they'll put it on the ballot next year. Constitutional Amendment to abolish property taxes. Let's see, they had enough to get the ballot language approved, which it was, but again not enough signatures to make the ballot. So they're hoping that maybe actually there was some or some action by our legislative branch. In Columbus, the House and Centate approved a negotiated budget, including a few what are described as modest reforms, limiting school districts carry over to forty percent, limitating replacement levies, and giving local budget commissioners more power to trim bloated budgets. How that plays out into the future is another question, but clearly they got the news. People are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. This measure is described as bipartisan, So you have Democrats who don't want property taxes, and you have Republicans who don't want property taxes, especially when they jump thirty percent in a single year. So maybe this is enough a warning shot over the bow that they actually will do something productive for ar to well reduce our property taxes. Really what it comes down to pay course stadium deal apparently has been approved a new lease terms released on the twenty six. The deadline was today to extend the current lease. Current attorneys from the county said that they planned to set a new deadline to draw the actual lease agreement, but did not specify how long the remaining negotiations may take.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: According to the release, we have the new lease terms eleven years, which includes this calendar year, as opposed to the current lease which is twenty nine current lease. Eight hundred and ninety nine million dollars must be spent under the revised terms four hundred and seventy Bengals contributions one hundred and twenty million dollars, your contribution three hundred and fifty and not quite sure where that's coming from, but it's described as county contributions. Thank you for not fulfilling your promise to lower the or to do a rollback rent. They don't pay rent currently, but the new lease has one million dollars from the Bengals for the first three years, then it escalates. No explanation of what escalation means or to how much. Currently, as far as the bank's development is concerned, under the current agreement, the team can restrict land use, but the new one says standards will be replaced with the recommendations from the urban design Study. I'll scratching my head over what the hell that is. And finally, in so far as using the stadium for something other than a football game, currently the team decides that. Under the new least terms, it says the county will coordinate with the team to market the stadium for events on non game days. I don't know how much to say the team has over that, but coordinating marketing just suggesting at least that they'll use it for something other than football or Bengals football.
Speaker 1: Anyway, There you have it.
Speaker 3: Five three, seven hundred and eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty on at and t founds. Got something you want to talk about, feel free to raise the subject matter. Zimmer heating and air conditioning. You don't want to lose your HVAC system any time of year, especially when it's this hot and humid out. So if that goes belly up on you and it's beyond repair, and Zimmer does repair. They repair multiple different manufactured units. But right now, the authorized carrier comfort system dealers Zimmer Heating and Air Conditioning been around about eighty years, third generation. They're offering a fifteen hundred and fifty dollars rebate on a new cool carrier comfort system, so if you have to have it replaced at least take the sting out of it substantially. With the savings of fifteen hundred and fifty dollars for all things HVAC, you're in great hands. Service is great, the price is always right. Give Chris Zimmer and the crew a call at five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. It's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Online you'll find them and you can make an appointment right there. Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Here's your channel nine first one and weather FOURKS. Scattered showers are possible, widely scattered showers, and then late this afternoon into the evening, thunderstorms are possible, along with maybe damaging winds and isolated flooding. Eighty eight for the high today. That is seventy two over night with mostly cloudy sky Tomorrow partly cloudy showers in the morning. If we get any lower humidity though eighty six for the high. Let us see Tuesday night going to be clear and a low of sixty six eighty eight to high on Wednesday with mostly sunny skies.
Speaker 1: Right now it's seventy four degrees. It'sige for a traffic update from the uc UP Traffic Center.
Speaker 12: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center hands the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one, three, five eighty five U see see see North Found seventy five continues to look good through the cut and the traffic is starting to slow just a bit southbound seventy five with somewhat roads through Lachlan also a bit slow East found seventy four to get pants to work crew below North Bend, chuck Ingramont fifty five KR seat need talk station.
Speaker 3: It is six or forty fifty five krcy detalk station. A very happy Monday to you. More on this Zori and Mom, Donnie guy and he's really got the Democrats wigged out because he is full on Kalma marxis call the communist calm a socialist. He's a self described socialist. But I just get a kick out of the fact this guy even one. And I haven't seen any numbers on how many people actually showed up in the primary, because usually it's just a tiny sliver, and usually the most politically motivated folks actually make it to the primary. So this is the hand that they played, and this is the crazy guy they've got. So over the weekend he was talking about he doesn't want there to be any billionaires. He's anti billionaire. Now, this is New York City, where there are a whole lot of well an ever dwindling number of very rich people. Describe the New York City as the wealthiest city in the nation, and of course he campaigned on making it more affordable for the working class. But he said over the weekend, I'll meet the press, I don't think we should have billionaires because frankly, it is so much money in a moment of such inequality, and ultimately, what we need more of is equality across our city and across our state and across our country. All Right, So he's the guy that's going to decide what is equal, and what isn't but the elimination of billionaires, just anybody with it be You're just you shouldn't exist as a human being, I guess. But then he went on to stay and I look forward to working with everyone, including billionaires, to make the city that is fairer for all of them.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it's like to be a billionaire, but if I'm in a position of being a billionaire, I can't imagine him reducing my net wealth of something less than a billion. To me, that will be it's a fair thing. Taking money from anyone merely because of where they happen to be I find to be well an offense. And he also is a real uh, I guess anti Jewish person. He is on record he is a member of organizational and that are anti Jewish, been described as anti Semitic, accused Israel committing genocide, and it's noted amid all these comments, New York City has the highest population of Jews of any city in the United States. Many of them are well connected, many of them maybe even billionaires. I don't know. He also wants to defund the police. He's gonna He has advocated for defunding the police. Huh, not going over real well with the police department either. There was a veteran New York New York Police Department officers.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: They say they're going to quit if he becomes mayor because of course they won't be getting any support. Pivot over to the mayor of Boca Raton, Florida. He's looking at this as a golden opera tunity. Scott Singer, the mayor of Boca Raton, Florida, speak with Newsmax last week. Got a message for the New Yorkers. If this Zoron Mom Dommi becomes the mayor, move here. Basically, he said, for decades, we Boca Raton have been attracting the best of New York and the best of larger cities fleeing high tax, high crime, high regulation jurisdictions. New York City, where I lived for ten years before I came back, thankfully to Boca Raton is about to get a lot worse if what we see proposed on Tuesday, meaning his policies goes forward. Billions in taxes and taxes driving companies out efforts to cut down on police in Boca Ratan. We've not only funded police. We have the highest starting salary of any city in the Southeast. We value public safety, that gives the quality of life, that allows us to have fourteen thousand business This is forty publicly traded companies and so much more great talent. I had one broker yesterday morning tell me that he'd gotten out of three in he gotten three inbound calls that morning alone, the day after the primary for businesses looking to come from New York to book Ratan. So we welcome you. Ah, that's wonderful, Singers said. Book Raton is the lowest property tax rate of any full service city in Florida. And we've kept our government lean and our taxes low because we focus on real governance, getting the trash picked up, having world class services at every level. We don't focus on other virtue signaling things. You know, I've got Cincinnati City Council in my mind as I read these these wonderful words from the mayor of Boga Radon.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: Several years ago, there was initiative by one council member to ban plastic straws, which made no sense. We're gonna have plastic everything else. We tell kids you can't have a use box or chocolate milk. There's also a desperate impact on the disability community, so we stopped that. Instead we focus on common sense proposals to eliminate littering, to cut down on littering.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 3: I just love the idea though, that he's projecting out to the victims of New York. Obviously they're wealthy, tax paying people who keep New York City together by not leaving. Certainly a wonderful marketing effort on his part, and you can see it happen. I mean, there have been other countries have gone through this exercise of really outrageous high taxes or on high earners.
Speaker 1: What happens to them? They leave.
Speaker 3: Britain experience that the French experience, that the high taxing states here in the United States experience that on COVID nineteen when people found out they they could continue to do their job from a low tax state six forty six fifty five kr. See the talk station five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T funds for free to give me a call and get your car in to foreign exchange traditionally importing cars from Asia, Europe and Tesla's all can be serviced to Foreign Exchange, where their se certified master technicians have access to all the manufacturers technical information and they're wonderful mechanics. It's it's family like environment in terms of customer service. I've always been treated very well there.
Speaker 1: I know you will.
Speaker 3: I don't get some sort of extra customer service benefit for doing commercials for them. I'm just happy to pass along the good news about Foreign Exchange, where you get your car fixed for less, and car repairs are gone up every single day, just getting outrageous. But you can avoid the dealer price by taking it to Foreign Exchange. You will leave with a full warranty on parts and service. It's nothing to worry about. There more money in your pocket on your way out too. They have loaner cars if you need one. Westchester is where I go, and that's what I'm recommending. The Tylersville exit off of I seventy five. Just go east two streets and hang a right on Kingland Drive online final at foreign xform the letter x dot com.
Speaker 1: Tell them.
Speaker 3: Brian said, how many you call for the appointment? Five on three, six, four, four, twenty six twenty six. That's six four four twenty six, twenty six fifty five car the talk station one at six fifty one fifty five ker CD talk station.
Speaker 1: Happy Evening Today.
Speaker 3: Christopher Smithman with a Smither van coming up at seven twenty As is the case every Monday, former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, joining the program. The next hour Money Monday, Brian James fast forwarding a little bit more than an hour about some investment strategies and changes. Congress introduced some what he's described as interesting things for investors. We'll break those down with Brian James, and we'll hear from Jack Windsor, the president, editor in chief of the Ohio Press Network. We wrote a story on a Warren County farm. It's kind of a cooperative, and they got in some trouble with the authorities who shut the farm down, obviously disrupting people's ability to purchase things. It was a wide variety of farming products including I believe meat and eggs, and of course vegetables and produce so interference with private farmers and the growing demand out there in the world to buy things locally and more healthy, which led me over to this article I thought was a rather preposterous position. So we had this Make America Healthy Again movement pushing for food independence and returning to community based sourcing, getting your things locally, getting your things non processed, none of which I have a problem with at all. As long as you have a choice, you want processed food, go ahead. But people are planning backyard gardens, sourcing meat, eggs, and dairy and pantry staples directly from local markets, like the one we're going to talk about with Jack Windsor at eight thirty. But this article over on zero Hedge. Not everyone is on board with Make America Healthy Again, especially not the feminist journalists. At Self I Guess It's Self magazine owned by Condon Ast wrote an article we would just described as a hit piece against Make America Healthy Again, Erica Sloan, claiming that the food independence is unrealistic because it creates extra burden for women.
Speaker 1: HM.
Speaker 3: I take a different take on this, but anyway, schurets, but it's what Maha isn't sane? This most important shocking are stoking so much fear around these vital industries implies that Americans, more specifically the mothers of America need to find a different way to feed their families. Women do a disproportionate share the kind of work that the Maha movement is asking people to do, which is to grow their own food, prepare all their food from scratch, to avoid processed food, and even packaged foods. Approximately sixty percent of working women outside the home, women still spend about two hours more on housework daily cooking, and more than twice as many meals in a week than men do. Implication that our current food system is inherently unsafe just stands to pile on the labor. In order for a family to eat a diet of mostly homegrown or even just homemade meals, that's going to be a lot of work for women and mothers. Especially that from doctor Nora McKendrick, PhD, Associate Professor of Sociology at Rutgers University, an idea the Maha moms have already embodied, and that would be not only unrealistic but unfair to expect from all American families. Well, she takes a bit presumptuous to think that women are going to take on the role of providing fresh of freshly made foods, prepared meals at home. I mean, if you're a happily married couple, can you not out the responsibility and divide the responsibility evenly. I've been married thirty three years, and I think we've got a pretty equal division of labor. I give my wife credit for doing a lot more than I do, but you know what, when she's the one that loves to garden, that's her hobby, I don't feel necessarily bad. We've had conversations about this over the year because I suffer from guilt when I see her out in the yard working. She gave me a metaphorical slap in the face at one point, say Brian, I like doing this, okay, And of course a big project comes along that requires my assistance. I'm happy to lend the assistance. But you know, I've got my responsibility, she's got hers. If preparing meals, I mean, that doesn't seem like it has a sex assigned to it. But if you're all interested in eating a more healthy diet, which I encourage everybody to do, and she requires cooking things from scratch at home, help out men are allowed in the kitchen. I love to cook. Thank you to my mom. Anyway, But anyway, by bye bye. By by by pointing out that women are going to have more work to do, this article is then really making the suggestion that that processed foods are not a problem and they're actually a good thing. And I can't abide by that conclusion. So give your kids something that's really unhealthy, perhaps something that's contributing to this obesity crisis we have, because it's easy. I think that's how we got in this situation in the first place. Six fifty six fifty five KRC the Talk Station. We got more to talk about, and then we get Christopher smith a minut at seven to twenty.
Speaker 1: I hope you can stick around. Big things are happening.
Speaker 6: You're coming to you live right now.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you more at the top of the.
Speaker 12: Houri Arrest just in this one operation.
Speaker 13: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station from the use coming up on seven, six.
Speaker 3: Fifty five k r CD Thought Station Happy Monday made extra special every Monday, And the next segment, Christopher Smithman joins the program to vent his spleen, former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, with the smith Event five on three seven hundred eighty two three Taco with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I want to remind you next Wednesday, we're going to be a Wandering Monster's Brewery for the listener launch. That's on Beachmont and by all accounts, apparently everyone says they have great food there. So, in addition to the wide selection of beers, very good food.
Speaker 1: Marking on your calendar.
Speaker 3: Next Wednesday normally the first Wednesday of the month, but since we have Independence Day coming up, decided to kick it off a week So next Wednesday, eleven thirty. Roughly, you don't have to be there right at eleven thirty, so come when you want, Just show up. It's a lot of fun. I enjoy here meeting my listeners and spending some time with them and engaging in that wonderful fellowship to always have a listener lunch. Good opportunity to make friends as well. A big win for parental rights, big win for religious freedoms and liberties. Supreme Court decision allowing parents to opt their children out of lessons using LGBT themed books. Maryland decided that they may opt their parents their parents may opt their children out of lgb themed reading lessons for religious reasons. It was a six' to three. Decision now back in twenty twenty, Two Montgomery Montgomery, County Maryland schools introduced these books WITH lgbt themes into The english And Language arts curriculum for STUDENTS k through. Five and, AGAIN i emphasize that BECAUSE i always get angry because you're talking about, sexuality which of course requires a discussion about. Sex, initially the school board allowed agreed to notify parents when these books were going to be used in the classroom and let children sit out if the parents objected because it flew in the face of their religious. Teachings but they, mandated they said no more opt. Out the growing number of students skipping the reading sessions disrupted the, classroom and notifying parents they claimed a place to strain on school. RESOURCES i wonder why a growing number of students were skipping the reading, sessions. Hmmm montgomery kind of a kind of board of education claimed to be concerned that students whose parents allowed them to attend the reading classes would face a stigma from the ones who opted. Out, now why wouldn't that be the street going both? WAYS, uf you crazy religious, person you can't sit through a class.
Speaker 1: In FILMING lgbt themed.
Speaker 3: BOOKS i could see a student mocking another fellow student along those, lines just as equally AS i could see the one that opt out mocking them for sitting in the. Class, anyway it didn't fly with The Supreme. Court so when the school board refused to allow opt, out we had Several, Catholic, muslim and ETHAN Orsda Eastern Orthodox family, sued saying that forcing students to attend these story hours violated the religious. Beliefs they lost in the district, court they lost in the court of, appeals they won when it hit The Supreme. Court Samuel, alito writing from the, majority, said forcing kids to attend these reading sessions and his word substantially interferes with the religious. Development we reject this chilling vision of the power of the state to strip away the critical right of parents to guide the religious development of their.
Speaker 1: Children, hmm he.
Speaker 3: Said he rejected the claim that this opt out provision was a burden from the school, district calling it a self inflicted. Problem, true you don't have to read these books and. Classes he noted that the school systems allows students to opt out of a numerous other classes and, Activities so just add this to the. List the, dissenters of, course you, know led By Sonya, sotomayor claimed that the majority ruling gives parents too many powers over educators via the free exercise clause of The First. Amendment she, said today's ruling threatens the very essence of public. Education the court in effect constitutionalizes a parental veto power over curricular choices long left to the democratic process and local. Administrators well, good you, know parents are also at to homeschool their, children and it's keep them the hell out of all of this curriculum. Anyway the board claimed to introduce these texts because of a lack of inclusive, materials told parents they were not part of the planned explicit instruction on gender identity and sexual orientation in elementary. School, again. Kindergarteners does the word grooming pop up in anybody's mind when you're talking about sexuality in a group of. Kindergarteners the teachers were required to use these books as part of the, curriculum and the text were chosen according to certain, criteria including questions such as can get a load of this? Nonsense these questions asked when deciding WHICH lgbt themed books were. Used is heteronormativity reinforced or. Disrupted is cist normativity reinforced or. Disrupted are power hierarchies that uphold the dominant culture reinforced or. Disrupted in other, words they're hoping to disrupt the what we the vast majority of us believe out. Here most of us are, heterosexual Assist jenner and uh, well dominant culture. REJECTS i guess THE lgbtq. Lifestyle i'm okay living next to. IT i don't embrace it. Personally and it flies in the face of some people's religious, teachings which is aoka in a country that does not live as a. Theocracy you're entitled to exercise your own religion under the free exercise, clause and believe in what you want to, believe.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 3: Said the teachers were encouraged to discuss the books with, children and we're given a list of suggested responses and talking points just in case some kid raised his, hand thinking along the lines of what they were being taught at home along a religious. Perspective for, example if a student suggested that two men cannot get, married the suggested response was provided to the teachers, quote when people are, adults they can get. Married two men who love each other can decide they want to get, married, well not in any doctrinally religious household that opposes that. Concept and under certain, religions notably the ones that were in The plainists in this, lawsuit men can't get married to each. Other it's against church, teachings it's Against god's. Law now you can feel free to disagree with that and, say, oh that's. Silly two, men grown men can do whatever the hell they want to, do, yes but not within the confines of that particular. Religion they can't goes back to sort of Cafeteria. Catholicism Any catholics out there believe in, abortion and it's a. Okay that's not consistent with church. Teachings and two men getting married is also not consistent with church teethings church. Teaching so who's? Right is the state right or is the religion? Right, well given the free exercise clause of The, constitution you have to live under that, umbrella with both of them being, right at least in their own hearts and. Minds alito called the books unmistakably. Normative they are by design to present certain values and beliefs as things to be celebrated and certain contrary values and beliefs as things to be. Rejective that be the point about two men being able to get.
Speaker 1: Married it's.
Speaker 3: Normative Clarence thomas and a separate concurring opinion pointed out that such ideas are relatively new and betray an attempt to impose ideological conformity with specific views on sexuality and. Gender, yeah that what you're being taught in school is right in spite of the fact that it flies in the face of what you're being taught at home and in your, church your synagogue or other religious. Institution the state Trump's. God the state Trump's god's. Word that's what there is an essence teaching to these, children which is why The Supreme court said, no, no, no, no, no, no no. No you can't force a child to sit through. That the dissent claimed they would have a chilling effect on the public schools attempts to police bullying of all. Things sotomayor, wrote if a student calls a class a sinner for not wearing a head covering or coming out as, gay how can a teacher respond without undermining that child's religious Belief, well is it the obligation of a teacher to respond to that in the religious teaching of that, child which the child is embracing and has been taught at. Home you are definitionally speaking a. Sinner if you don't have the head, cover or if you come out as, gay you can't argue against religious doctrine and. Dogma that's the, law that Is god's law in the hearts and minds of some of these religious. Institutions so, yes the person is definitely definitionally a sinner under those doctrinal dogmatic. Principles and If i'm on the receiving end of that, comment be, like whatever you, Know, hey, dude that's your, religion not. Mine i'm a sinner on a multiple, levels depending on which religion you're. Consulting, YEAH i might very well be A sinner's, okay that's your. CHOICE i don't Believe i'm a. Sinner end of. Discussion how is that? Bullying AND i would teach my children to respond that. Way christopher'spend been up, next looking forward to having him on the. PROGRAM i hope you are too. Here what's on his mind? Today what's set him? Off first word For Chimneycare fireplace and. Stove they've been around since nineteen eighty. Eight they do a wonderful job for all things related to chimneys and free standing stoves and wood waste pellet stoves and the whole. Line you need to get in touch With Chimneycare fireplace And, Stove and right now they're offering a special it's one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine for a wood burning sweep and evaluation certified chimney sweep. Sweeps the whole thing gets it safe for, you keeps you free from a chimney, fire which you don't want because of it burn your house. Down at least it. Could, yeah let's not let that. Happen and for you folks with gas, fireplaces you still needed the exterior. Inspected do you get in touch with The Chimneycare fireplace And. Stove they'll do a free exterior inspect that'll keep you safe from water. Damage or it may be going on now and you don't know about. It they'll least be all to identify it and repair. It so book your appointment for either one of those services while they're out. Again This the Woodburning Sweeping evaluation one sixty nine ninety nine includes a full video camera inspection and of course the. Sweep to book the, appointment go to the Website jimneycareco dot. Com you can learn more about what they sell in the showroom and the other services they offer as WELL a PLUS a THE. Bbb they Are chimneycareco dot com or call up at five one three two four eight ninety six. Hundred that's five to one three two four eight ninety six.
Speaker 9: Hundred this is fifty FIVE karc And iHeartRadio station Our iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Musum it is seven twenty one at fifty five KR ce talk. Station It's, monday so that means you get to talk to the former vice mayor of The city Of cincinnati and let him vent his spleen here in the fifty five Carsee morning. Show welcome, Back Christopher. Smithman love having you on the, show my. Friend have you had a good?
Speaker 1: Weekend?
Speaker 12: OH i.
Speaker 5: Did thank you so much for having me. On you, know my theme is going to be WHAT i think is the most part of any great city and that. Safety you, know and when you wake up and you read about drive buys in Downtown cincinnati and your core ye a, drive drive by, shootings downtown walking down right On Main. Street if you're just if you're that pedestrian on A sunday night walking down the street and somebody just pulls up and sprays, bullets you can't then turn and be the mayor and say my downtown is, safe or a member of city, council my downtown is. Safe you're downtown isn't. Safe the former vice mayor of The city Of cincinnati is saying your downtown isn't, safe and it's never going to be safe until you support, police meaning you come out and publicly SAY i support the, POLICE i support them doing their. JOB i want proactive. Policing and then when you do your police visibility over, time you're not doing it in the middle of the. Afternoon you're doing it at nine o'clock until three o'clock in the. Morning you're doing it when you are when you know you're gonna have youth downtown breaking. Curfew you, KNOW i have this kind of, Slogan now where is the? MAYOR i mean you just don't see the? Guy, TRUE i, mean, really where is the? Mayor like you don't see. Him he's not like A John cranley Or Charlie. Luken you know WHAT i, mean these Are democrats that were like doing ride. Along crime is going. Up i'm GONNA i got a, Plan i'm gonna do something about. It but they're not sitting in their. Houses they're out on the street trying to figure out how AM i gonna abate what's. Happening then you've got a shooting In Walted. Hills guy just getting out of his. Car this is just On sunday yesterday gets blown away and gets. Killed and yet, again where is the, mayor where are the members of? Council what's so sad about? It AND i heard you, Know i've been listening to your show and you're talking about what's happening In New york and the possibility of us electing a social listen someone who says they don't support the. Police obviously they say they don't like A jewish, people Anti semitic comments that they're making, clearly AND i heard you clearly say it's the Highest jewish community in the. Country you are. Correct but at the end of the, day this is where The Democratic party. Is no matter where you're, living this is where The Democratic party. Is Brian. Commins they say it different. Ways reimagining the police defund the, police you, know sending counselors out instead of police, officers which we do in The city Of. Cincinnati meaning the bottom line is they all have their little, slogans but it all means the same. Thing they do not support law. Enforcement and it's one of the reasons crime is, rampant whether It's Price hill in our, community whether it's, downtown whether It's Wallet, hills you name the community in those top eight or. Ten mostly it's because you have a city council that is not backing their, pace and you don't have a mayor that likes the. Police he's more interested in staying within The Democratic PARTY i meaning his desire is to run for something else to the. Community our mayor is not thinking about what he's doing. Now he's thinking about what he's going to do with the.
Speaker 10: Future he doesn't want.
Speaker 5: Any sound bites that SAY i support the police. DEPARTMENT i have their back right and if they do if something happens out, There i'm going to support. Them our mayor doesn't want to say that because when he runs in a primary as A, democrat that's the stuff doesn't. Fly he can't get out of a primary if he says he supports the police. Department i'm fed up with. It i'm tired of. It i'm tired of the. Murders i'm tired of the. Disinterest i'm focusing in On African americans who might be, listening who continue to vote For democrats while our communities are just being ravaged by violence and a counsel and a mayor that act like they just do not care about. Us they're just not interested in solving big. Problems and the sick part about it, is these are really serious. Issues Brian. Thomas black people are, dying it's an, epidemic and these guys are sleep at the. Wheel but when it comes to the, election they'll go in and vote for the same. People, OH i like. Him why do you like? Him you don't know, him you don't see. Him he's not doing. Anything your community doesn't look any better four years from him serving than the days. Started why not try something. Different it's Why i'm Supporting Corey, bowman LIKE i want to do something. Different i'm not gonna keep whether he wins or. Loses i'm not gonna be the one out Here Brian thomas is, Said i'm gonna vote for the same. Thing that every single time and get the same. Result i'm not gonna have this craziness out. Here and this is WHY i keep pushing all, people no matter where you live in our fifty two. Neighborshoods and it says, that BUT i know people listen to you In toledo And cleveland and wherever they, are they're facing the same. Problems democratic, mayors democratic councils who don't have a. Plan let's.
Speaker 3: Pause When christopher smithing, back he's on a tear this, morning AND i agree with him completely on this. Topic it's seven thirty. One if if you have Have carecy talks to. Dation Bryan thomas here With Christopher smith amen doing that thing we called The smither. Event, christopher you got the, floor. Brother what else is on your mind?
Speaker 5: Today, well, well AS i think about you, know your, show you were talking about the candidate out Of New. York you, KNOW i process that AND i go if we had a candidate that was saying they just did not Like African americans in some kind of big, way which is what this candidate is. Saying he doesn't like The jewish. Community anti women asked he's Anti, Semitic and when asked On NATIONAL tv this, weekend he wouldn't, Say oh, no that's not WHAT i. Said i'm against. That with asked these questions, directly how in the world do you have A Senator schumer or you have An Al sharfton coming out saying they support, Them, like there's No republican anybody listening to, Me there's No republican who could have a position like this and their party support. Them it just wouldn't. Happen what is it about The democrats that they can say these outrageous kinds of things and still get the nod from The democratic. Apparatus, now what it brings me back to are The dixiecrats from my grandfather's era where the Klu klux kran down in The, south were The, democrats The. Dixiecrats that's who he. Fought that's what he was concerned. About it wasn't The Republican. Party and so it just brings me. Back what is it about this this anks right now within The Democratic? Party you see it on college. Campuses you see it now in the elections out Of New york where they can run a candidate that has clearly said Anti semitic things and the base of The Democratic party still support. THEM i am so confused by this. Behavior this is not The Democratic party of my. Grandfather this is something completely. Different and the problem with, It Brian, thomas is it's a way that's going all across the. Country meaning if this guy is successful In New, york you'll see it show up In. California then you'll see it show up somewhere else in our. Country it's a very dangerous. Thing and SO i Hope New yorker sorted. Out AND i think that's why you were talking about it this.
Speaker 3: Morning, yeah it is the strange turn of. Events and you, know one of the more interesting elements of This Zoraen mamdani guy winning is that it's got a lot of you, know sort of more center is not. Crazy democrats freaked, out you, know they're worried that this is going to be perceived like you are perceiving, it the direction of The Democrat party gravitating over to that far, left far far left wing element like the Alexandri A Casio corteses and This zorham Mam donni wing of the, party to the exclusion of people who are a little bit more clear. Thinking the ones that traditionally support The. Democrats they reject this type of, thing this outright socialism slash. Communism and it, also you, know from a financial, standpoint given what he is advocating, for it just seems an impossible goal to. Achieve that they're going to drive all the rich people out Of New york because that's where he wants to get the tax money to pay for government funded grocery, stores for, example and free bus. Rides they're going to. LEAVE i read an article about the mayor Of Boca, Raton, florida using it as a marketing, opportunity, saying, hey come on. Down the water's. Fine we already snatched a whole bunch of you multi millionaires From New. York they're living it up large down. Here we've got a great police, department the highest paid police department in the. Country it's, safe we've got multiple businesses opening all the. Time come on, in and that's exactly what's going to. Happen the last person out Of New. York bring the flag if this guy gets.
Speaker 5: Elected and it's a shame that our mayor In cincinnati can't say those same things because it would look like he was undermining the part of The Democratic party that he would need to vote for him in a. Primary, yeah so he's never, ever he's never going to say. It The Supreme, Court Brian thomas got it right this. Week you, know these are big decisions that now you know more about this as a lawyer and your wife about about lawyer shopping federal judges and getting these very big rulings that are Saying i'm putting an injunction across The United states Of. America, look it doesn't matter to me who the president is in the right. House in the context of this, discussion you should not be able to shop a federal, lawyer a federal judge and then Say i'm going To i'm going to apply whatever that decision is to undermine the election of The United states Of. America many essential of these judges were, saying, Hey White, house you can't do the things that you're. DOING i think The Supreme court got it right. Here AND i also think The Supreme court got it right on parental. Rights, YEAH i need NO i am a supporter of THE lgbtq plus, community but by the, way as a, PARENT i don't want MY i don't want somebody teaching my kid at two and three and four about.
Speaker 3: Sex, yeah, yeah that's, see that's to me the biggest. Problem, YEAH i, know you to DISCUSS. Lgbt, uh you've got to talk about well not not as far as THE t, those but lgb.
Speaker 1: It's about.
Speaker 3: Sex we all know what lesbians, are we don't know what gay men, are and we all know what bisexual folks, are all of which is a question of one's sexual preference when engaged in the act of. Sex, now you can be a t and still be a assist normally aligned with your gender kind of. Thing you, know like you're a guy and you want to dress like a, woman you think you're a woman if you still like women that have sex with. THEM i suppose that somehow makes you quote unquote normal or assist gender along some. Lines but to be someone who claims to be a different gender does not necessarily required discussing the act of. Sex we'll continue With christopher on that. One, yeah that one's REALLY i was really happy about that, Decision. Christopher and it's the other, thing it's some components for my listeners know You're, catholic so this kind of teaching flies in the face of your Religious doctrine And dogma seven thirty seventh SEVEN if fifty FIVE parrocd talk Station Happy, Monday Brian thomas With Christopher smith Aman win The smith. Event, hey you brought up THAT LGBTQ lgbt themed books that were being presented in The Montgomery county schools In. Maryland teachers were allowed to our kids were allowed to opt out of the classes their parents didn't wanted to be, taught and then the school, said, no you're not allowed to opt. Out you must be present in class for this. Material and of, course going back to religious doctrine and, dogma it could be polar opposite of what's being taught in these. Books and therein lies the challenge, because for, example the school district provided answers to inquisitive young, minds like, saying, okay if a student suggests that two men cannot get, married the school districts told the teachers to, respond, well when people are, adults they can get married. Too man who love each other can decide they want to get. Married but that does not address the teachings of the. Church yes that if these men are Like catholic for, example and they went out and got, married the church wouldn't recognize that as an, ordained sanctioned marriage under the rules of the. Church, right the state recognizes, it the state issued a, license and they may very well be married for all intents and legal, purposes but at least in so far as church teachings are, concerned they're not considered. Married so what the schools teaching the children is that their religion is.
Speaker 5: Wrong and at the end of the, day it just comes back to you, know as a father of five, kids this is my. BUSINESS i, mean this is you're in my. LANE i don't want my two or three year old or four year old coming home and asking me about THESE i have other things That i'm trying to deal with as a parent THAT i don't want this layered on top of. It i'm at home and, saying, hey no cell, phone no, YouTube no. Computer, Right i'm trying to slow my kid down so THAT i can put things ON tv that amplify their. Life i'm trying to teach them math and reading In, english living a wholesome, life whatever that. IS i don't want to deal with sex at that. Age AND i think The Supreme court got it. Right and let me say the other side of, this and you know. THIS i have a son who's openly, gay who is at the Gay pride parade yesterday and or On, saturday and also who went to the Gay pride parade dressed as a. Bride he got ready at my. House so this is not about Whether i'm anti. Gay this is about, saying, well how do we want parents that what kind of power do we want parents to have in The United states Of, America and it just seems like these states continue to try to erode. It AND i want to say that this notion and this is a tough one for me to talk talk, about but it's complicated That African americans want to define men like me at times as outside of the walk in the black, community or the term using Uncle, tom the notion THAT i have a high standard of being a dad or being a, father or saying that i want my children to get a good education And i'm going to fight for, them Or i'm going to go to work every single day IF i have to work fifteen hours a day to make sure that my children have food on the, table that they have a roof over their, head that working hard in some way and be amplifying that saying this is the standard doesn't make me outside of my, race and it certainly doesn't make me and Uncle. Tom it SAYS i want the best for my, community AND i demand the, best no matter who's in the way of. It we have a public school system that is, failing and we had a decision that all of a sudden that the right to, choose meaning meaning somebody who's living near a bad school can't, say, HEY i want to opt out of this And i'm going to send my child to a different. School that's. WRONG i hope it's. Overturned we have too many of our families that are living next to poor performing. Schools the best way out of the middle, Class Brian, thomas is still a good, education, Math english. READING i have the right as a parent to be able to send my kid to a good. School how in the world is it unconstitutional for you to, say as a, PARENT i have the right to defer my taxes to the place WHERE i think is best for my kids to get the best. Education and by the, way that is competition for our public school. System now here's the. RESUME i graduated from the public school.
Speaker 1: System this is.
Speaker 5: Me Christopher smitheman my mother retired from the public school system here In. Cincinnati my deceased wife was a teacher in the public school. System so anybody listening, this please don't write in and try to act as THIS i don't support public. Education my kids went to public, education the super majority of, them except my daughter who goes To Seaton High, school, which by the, WAY i love That catholic. SCHOOL i Am, catholic And i'm so glad that she's at that all girls' school doing a great. Job but the point of anyone trying to define men like me as acting outside of our, race because we're demanding high standards in the area of being, fathers of working, hard of making sure that you're contributing to. Society you're not out slinging. Guns you know where your kids. Are these are the things THAT i talk. About anybody that wants to say That i'm outside of my race Or i'm an Uncle, TOM i just reject.
Speaker 1: You, well IF i say.
Speaker 5: You've got to get on board and say we've got to hold these democratic, systems, mayors council school boards accountable that are most and disproportionately impacting black and brown. People Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: Well it's son of.
Speaker 3: It it's a complete insult to, suggest And I'm i'm really honestly having a struggle with understanding how anyone could be of the mind that you're acting outside of your race because you have concern and care about bringing up your. CHILDREN i mean that suggests then that any black man shouldn't care about his or her or their, children shouldn't go out and, work shouldn't try to set an example for, them shouldn't try to help them get a good. EDUCATION i, mean that's an insult to all people of, color isn't.
Speaker 5: It, NO i absolutely agree with. You i'm just sharing with you That i'm speaking about things that are. Factual meaning education is a critical part of any, family and a family not having accesses so if you access to, That so if you take away school, choice which we just in our area our state just, defined that's. Unconstitutional that's a major problem that impacts black and brown and poor white. People this is a working class black, people are working class white people in our communities that are, Saying i'm living next to a school that's, underperforming why WOULD i want to put my kid in that? School AND i know that that's the number one way for them to get into the upper middle. Class and so if the public school system is, failing why aren't we outspoken about? That And i'm just so. FRUSTRATED i don't care where someone, lives whether It's, detroit whether they're living in la whether they're living In, cincinnati where they're living In, cleveland whether they're living In. TOLEDO i go on and. On they're facing the same, Problem Brian, thomas And i'm, saying we've got to Have African american leaders that are willing to step up and verbalize. This to quote our friends who just can't fix the, problem and if you can't fix the, problem get out of the. Way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well and going back to the interference with religion that The Supreme court, addressed they're using valuable education learning time to promote THE lgbt. Agenda, NOW i would think that there's a better use of that time and it wouldn't be as troubling for some parents if they just stuck, to you, know key elements like, reading, writing and arithmetic and avoided the hot button political issues in an effort to endoc nate a bunch of children into something that the parents, reject that whole out of. HAND i, mean you, know there's the problem the direction of the schools more toward indoctrination and you know global warming or climate change and sexuality and all. That, listen just drop, it stick to, math you, know let's get the reading scores out that.
Speaker 5: Lane that's my, Lane, brian. Exactly my lane is to educate my children about these subject. Matters and that's the. Problem you have this culture out here where they want to indoctrinate our children in these areas and they're not even doing what they're supposed to be. Doing, well that's what you're.
Speaker 1: Addressing.
Speaker 3: Amen, Amen Christopher smith and always a pleasure to have you on the, program my. Friend i'll look forward to Next monday in Another smith, event AND i hope you have a wonderful.
Speaker 5: Week, hey, brother people can follow me at Vote smitherman on social. Media Take thank you so much for the, time.
Speaker 3: My, Pleasure shannon AND i and weather forecast got widely scattered showers possible today and then severe thunderstorms are possible sometime begain in the afternoon on into the. Evening may be damaging winds and isolated. Flooding eighty eight for the high today down to seventy two overnight with body sky partly thought Each, tomorrow maybe some showers in the morning eighty six for the, high clear skies overnight down to sixty six and mostly Sunny wednesday with the high of eighty eight seventy. Four right, now it's time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From THE Ucl Traffic.
Speaker 12: Center The university Of Cancer center hands the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the. Nation the future at Cancer care is here called five one, three five eighty five u sec see northbound seventy five broken downs clear Near Burlington.
Speaker 1: Pike left lanes open.
Speaker 12: Again traffic slows Between Buttermilk pike and The Brand spence northbound fourth seventy. One heavyer From memorial southbound seventy five slows Through wachland And cruiser cleaning up for wreck on the left shoulder after the lateral shout ingram on fifty FIVE, krc the talk station.
Speaker 3: Shy seven fifty Five you bout ker sit talk. Station, yeah going back to this crazy. Assemblyman Z Orham mamdani far far far left of The Democratic party finished first The meyrill race in the, primary AND i just looked it. Up according to The gotham as less than thirty percent Of democrats bothered to even cast a. Ballot, now you got to, remember for these, fundamentalist far left Wing, democrats this is religion for. Them they're going to, fight and they're going to, fight and they're going to be the, loud squeaky. Wheel they're going to get all the, attention and they're also going to show up on primary days to. Vote NOW i can see any normal run of the, mill not far Left democrat In New. York it's going to be A democrat winning. Anyway what DO i? Care burver River, Bird, yeah, well you've got a real challenge on your hands when it comes to the direction of your. Party so it ain't Over. Adams Mayor Eric adams is running as an. Independent he obviously is pro police and clearly This Zorhan mondami is a complete defund the. Police it's well well. Documented so there's that. Option then There's republican Option Curtis, Sliwa AND i don't know if that person has a snowball chance in hell In democrat In New York, city BUT i would think a lot of people might go is stick With Mayor Eric addam because the city is going to fall apart and every person has any money at all is going to flee and how can you blame them? Anyway show up to vote how important it. Is seven to fifty Six Money monday With Brian. James after the top of the our, News i'm gonna hear From Jack winsorn an interesting local story about independent farmer getting shut down by the, authorities and he wrote all about. That So Jack windsor from The Ohio Press network at a thirty bright back from.
Speaker 1: A full rundown and the biggest headlines there's minutes. Away at the top of the. Hour i'm giving you a fact Now americans should.
Speaker 13: Know fifty five krs the talk station from THE uc up trains pop for what's.
Speaker 4: Developing this is just developing out of The Middle.
Speaker 1: East now right down it's. Developing fifty FIVE krc the talk Station.
Speaker 3: Cato six fifty five krs de talk. Station Happy monday always made, happier at least from my. Perspective Money money With Brian james From Allway Financial. Joints the program we talk about well investments and strategies and thinking about retirement and talking to financial planners about that and thinking about how much money we do here is that what we. Do that's what we're supposed to. Do get people incentivized to sit down and give some thoughtful planning for their.
Speaker 1: Future that's a good. Idea let's talk about. THAT i like, That, amen.
Speaker 3: Get yourself a fee based financial, planner because that means they have a fiduciary obligation to work for you and maximize the return on your. Investments with that, speaking you're going to have to start from the very beginning in little tiny points that a fourth grader can. Understand because ALL i have is a headline From bloomberg subscription only Service Bloomberg blackrock puts private equity and credit into four oh ONE k. Funds what does this mean for your average? Investor does it impact? Us what is this all? About Brian?
Speaker 2: James, Yeah SO i sort of anticipated that the questions might come up that, way and so that's the research that did this morning in wonderful addition to. That, So, yeah when we normally think of our four oh one, k's our investments and, things we are thinking of, stocks, bonds mutual, funds those kinds of. Things those are what are referred to as publicly, traded meaning pretty much anybody can buy and sell all the time you can log in. Online back in the day we looked it up in the newspaper or. Whatever but the closing prices and the daily the, minute the minute. Changes all that stuff is publicly, available ready at your. Fingertips and so now the change Is blackrock is going to be integrating private equity and private credit investments into four oh ONE k target date funds by mid twenty twenty. Six so obviously the differing word there is private versus. Public so what does that actually. MEAN a private equity or private credit is literally that it's a private arrangement set up, by you, know a small group of people to either support a. Business right you might see you might see some business that's developing out, there a new restaurant or just something that you, know a small industrial company or something like. THAT a lot of times those are owned by private equity. Organizations the difference is there's there's a little more there's a little more risk. Involved there can be there's a reason that they need they want to keep it. Private oftentimes they're not big enough or they're just not stable ready to deal with larger financial institutions and it's just not an. Option but they can be really lucrative, too given the fact that these are small companies and they can shoot for the moon and go ten x or they can go negative ten. X that's just kind of the difference in the in the risk there that we need to be mindful of in terms of private versus.
Speaker 3: Public, Okay so in a real world, context there was an article in The Wall Street journal about this company that is manufacturing from wood, waste this new ultra light wood which is as strong as, steel and it's got all the potent these different potential. Applications, one it's wood, waste so that's readily available and unlimited supply, basically but that it's, lighter it's you can thinner, amounts you could put it like carbon, fiber pretty much turn it into. Anything and it sounded like this is just guaranteed to make millions and millions of. Dollars and it's a private company right. Now so to the EXTENT i could get a slice of, that that would be private, equity.
Speaker 2: Correct, yeah because you're simply you, know if you know the organizers of, this you're somehow connected to the group that's putting it, together and then, yeah that's how you get invited into the fold to be a part of. This so What blackrock is, doing and several others as, well it's just Black rocks in the. Headline what they're doing is making it, available making it possible for people to participate in these, markets just by putting it inside mutual. Funds so the catchphrase is they're democratizing private. Equity so hopefully there's not a ton of detail yet about how they're going to do, this but hopefully there's somebody out there vetting these opportunities the one you just, Described, yeah that sounds. Great the risks there is what if some big company, decides you know, what that's a great, idea and with our, scale we can do it a heck of a lot. Cheaper, well and there are ample stories out there of some little company came up with a great idea and got blown out of the water by a big. Company look we're bought, out, yes exactly which and and, honestly that can be that's a great.
Speaker 1: Thing that's a good. Thing that can.
Speaker 2: Be that's a good, thing and it can be the ultimate. GOAL i want to build something that some other company, goes you know, what we could build from, scratch or we could just buy these things that can be the exit, strategy but it can go the other direction.
Speaker 3: Too all, Right so in my hypothetical, Scenario i've actually got access to invest in. This they let's say they do sell, Out they sell it for a billion dollars or, something and that allocation that purchase price is divided amongst the various initial. Investors they presume that's how the scenario would play. Out so whatever pile of CASH i got from that would go into my four oh one, k would that be considered pre tax like four to one k contributions are now under a non roth product or how would that be?
Speaker 1: Treated and does this?
Speaker 7: Happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right and now you're getting to the fun, stuff, Right this is what makes everything.
Speaker 1: Complicated.
Speaker 2: Yeah so not not only, that but but the other thing you didn't mention in there is this is happening in side of a mutual fund inside your four oh ONE. K so all that's really happening now is they're kind of throwing the doors. Open but how is this actually going to work with regard to. Reporting so one of the big things that we didn't touch on yet was If i'm a small company And i'm a private equity funded, organization then that MEANS i don't have daily, pricing so how DO i know what this thing is? Worth So blackrock says they're they're gonna put maybe maybe twenty, percent and then more aggressive funds twenty percent could go into private. Markets so that's twenty percent of your fund where there isn't a daily.
Speaker 1: Valuation, Yeah so it's.
Speaker 2: Not going to be a conglomeration of a little businesses up and down the street that you drive by on the way back and forth to. Work these are going to have to be places that have some ability to price their value. Regularly, otherwise how do you have any idea what your mutual fund inside your four oh ONE k is? Worth not to mention required minimum, distributions that's a whole other.
Speaker 3: Animal, well AND i have to assume or presume that these would be limited to some entities that actually do put these financial projections, together so you would know the. Value, otherwise, you as a financial planner would have to go out into the world and acquire that information in order to provide guidance to your client or whether or not they're making.
Speaker 1: Money, right that's the exact. Point so hopefully there's a go.
Speaker 2: Between but as we, know in four oh one k, situations which again that's the whole point of this, article that's where they're talking about putting these. Things there's very rarely an advisor in the. Middle a matter of, fact the company. ITSELF a lot of people don't know. This the employer itself is a, fiduciary. Right you could be a company that makes, widgets you make do, hickeys and you sell them to other do hickey making. Companies you have nothing to do with financial. Advice but if you offer your employees of four oh ONE, k you are indeed a, fiduciary just like me here at All, worth WHERE i sit here and do financial plans all day every. Day so you have a duty to make sure your employees have what they need and have some level of. Advice but there is very rarely an individual person that's going to sit in between the employee participant and that four oh ONE k to say you should do, this you should not do, that.
Speaker 1: Right all?
Speaker 3: Right, well the risk of going over a little bit in this segment the other, article And i'm not sure if it's a corollary to this blackrock and private, equity but headline From bloomberg, again AND i don't have any details on. It congress will open private markets to everyone next. Year what's this one all, About Brian, James.
Speaker 1: Well it is very.
Speaker 2: Similar so the whole point of this so where we started was just blackrocks a little corner of the world there. Right the reason where this is coming from is by the end of twenty Six congress is expected to relax the rules for private market, access which is the exact same thing we're talking. About what this means is that non accredited investors could be allowed to invest in private. Equity so that's a big fuzzy. Word let's talk about what that actually. Means an accredited investor is somebody, who if you're an, individual you have earned two hundred thousand dollars for each of the past two, years where if there's a spouse or spousal equivalent is whether the words work in the mix that it's three hundred thousand or you're worth over a million. Dollars that's the definition of an accredited. Investor it doesn't say that you know anything about. Money you know anyth about, investments is just how much income and what's your? Networth so those are the rules where they're starting to say that private equity may no longer require that to. Happen and, again this is all being spun in a manner of democratizing investment.
Speaker 1: Opportunities, okay AND i find no problem with.
Speaker 3: THAT i, mean IF i have money AND i want to invest it in private, MARKET i should be allowed to do it regardless of what my annual salary is sort of demands asking the question why is the current rule in? Place why is it limited to people with worth of a million dollars or making salary of two hundred or three fifty depending upon marital.
Speaker 2: Status those rules have been in place for decades upon.
Speaker 1: Decades i'm going to go. Ahead i'm going to take a stab.
Speaker 2: Here somebody might know the history better than, me But i'm going to go ahead and say that a lot of this was wald off years ago because it was just kept for the people who could truly you get into, it of, Course AND i will also say technology plays a role. Here, so in other, words thirty forty years, ago IF i am a you, know a company that wants to woo private equity and bring dollars, IN i don't want to have to spread it across hundreds of thousands or millions of people with a couple thousand dollars inside of a mutual fund BECAUSE i have to track and deal with all that and report to them all all those. Rules, well technology has made a lot of that a, lot a, lot a lot. Easier it's not unsimilar to where exchange traded funds came evolved out of mutual. Funds SO i think that the technology the ability to track the different shareholders and report to. Everybody since this is again not publicly traded. Stuff this is stuff where you just have to wait for an accounting for them to say here's what it's, worth and sometimes that's only once a. Year the need is to get that information out to each every tiny little. Shareholder SO i think those hurdles have been cleared and now it gets a little.
Speaker 3: Easier, OKAY i guess it's a complicated thing investing in private, market some for the reasons you've obviously. Stated but then, again let's say the company has improved and it's you, know it's worth more in your. Slice however it's, EXPRESSED i guess is are they considered shares in this type of arrangement or is it depend on the.
Speaker 1: Arrangement but it very much depends on the. Arrangement.
Speaker 2: Right so when we were talking about Black rock a little bit, ago that whole point was and you inside their target date. Funds those target date, funds those are the set it and forget it options inside your four oh ONE k and that was specifically that. Announcement that's where it's going to be. Available so in that, case you would simply own shares of a mutual fund that in turn owns shares of some private equity. Firms the more broader range, here, yes you still own. Shares you'll still own a certain number of shares of a private equity type. Arrangement you might be a limited partner and you are subject to whatever the general, partner who's kind of the boss of the whole, thing, does but there are still shares that are divided out by however much you put into the.
Speaker 3: Arrangement so and that's how you end up getting the money. Out let's, say, OKAY i want to SELL i need that, money Or i'm RETIRING i want that. Money those have to be, sold but they are sold on a private market as opposed to being posted on the or just being easily dumped on a stock.
Speaker 2: Exchange that's, correct and a private market basically, means, again it's not out, there it's not posted for sale to the entire world like the overall stock market. Is it basically means that all the other partners are informed that one of the partners wants to sell, out and they can either buy That they can pick up those shares and get you out at that, time or you might be stuck with. THEM a lot of times there's a lock up here where you can only get out once a, year and sometimes they actually have the opposite where they can come back and do a capital call where they require you to put more money.
Speaker 3: In, Okay and that's actually WHERE i thought the rule came from having a certain amount of financial ability the million dollar a worth because that could, happen and if people invest and they don't have the resources to pay that kind of, price they're going to find themselves in a financial world of, hurt like a protectionism type measure to save people from, it.
Speaker 2: And you could wind up if you don't have the ability to put more. In the fund itself might be okay with, that but that means your shares are going to be. Deluded if everybody has doubled their investment after that capital.
Speaker 1: Call now you have half as much as you did proportionally fair.
Speaker 3: ENOUGH i think you thank you very much for walking me through that no idea about what we, started AND i feel a lot more. SMARTER i feel smarter. Now Brian james will continue to find out some new crypto rules that are unveiled by Some republican. Senators that's going to be. Next it's eighteen fifty FIVE k see talk station and Plum type. Plumbing you deserve. Better they know you deserve, better and Plumb type delivers on. Better treat every call like a neighbor asking for. Help that's why there might go to plumbers plump typ plumbing plumbing done right every single, time no, service, fees free estimates a plus with a better business. BUREAU i have enjoyed the service Of Plum type many times over the years AND i can confidently recommend. Them and if you have to get your tank your tank water heater, installed why not go tankless plum. Tight the tristates number one installer tankless water heaters for money, savings for space, savings and on average they last a lot longer than your traditional. Tank so coupled with the fact that you never run out of hot water period trenchli sewer line. Repair they offer that a plump tight don't have to dig up your lawn to fix that sewer. Line for all plumbing projects call plump type plumbing five one, three seven two seven tight T te five one, three, seven seven eighty four eighty Three online it's plumtight dot.
Speaker 6: Com fifty five krc our iheartree.
Speaker 3: Thinking ABOUT pircd talk. Station Brian thomas with All Worth, Financials Brian. James. UH i have always a few, cryptos like The peace Of. God it passes my human, understanding and SO i don't understand. It but what is this, legislation this bill which apparently is going to define when crypto is a commodity or a? SECURITY i guess it could be. Either what does this mean generally?
Speaker 1: Speaking?
Speaker 2: Brian, Yeah, so so the first and most important thing that means is that we are finally going to have some kind of definition as to what this stuff really is and really what this. Is it's kind of a fight between what regulatory body is going to sit on top of it and govern. It so the interesting thing, though is it it's coming in a bipartisan. Manner so there are there are people on both sides who are actually starting to agree on something for. Once so the big debate is is a is crypto a, security which basically means that it's a for profit venture that you that you enjoined with a few groups onto and again in the hopes of profit and solely from the efforts of.
Speaker 1: Others that's the definite definition of a, security.
Speaker 2: Right that's the difference between IF i own a business AND i run it for a, profit that's.
Speaker 1: Different that's not a.
Speaker 2: Security but IF i buy a stock that is a, business And i'm waiting for other people to make money for, me that becomes a, Security, Okay and.
Speaker 1: So that's the big. Debate if it's a, security then THE sec can trolls. That the opposite would be is it a, commodity which means a group called THE cftc would control. It democrats prefer THE sec because there's more, oversight a little more a little more. Strict THE cftc is preferred By republicans because they think there'll be a wider playing, field little more. Flexibility, Hmm, well what what is the? Dollar the? Dollar dollar is just pure.
Speaker 2: CURRENCY a dollar is the definition and we are currently the currency of the entire.
Speaker 3: World BUT i mean there's there's investment. Opportunities people invest in currencies all the, time don't.
Speaker 2: They, correct it's a little different from the standpoint of the dollar is used as a medium of. Exchange crypto generally is. True this is why there's a big debates like it acts like a. Commodity it's where a commodity is just something where it's worth what everybody says it's.
Speaker 1: Worth. Correct, yeah oil pulled out of the.
Speaker 2: Ground in one part of the world is not much different from oil pulled out of the ground another part of the. World same with wheat and any other type of, copper those kinds of. Things that's why they're all commodity commodity, based and they will go with whatever the market thinks that these particular things are worth at any given, time versus a security where somebody will, say, hey we're going to invent this new, product we're going to find this new, market here's how we're going to make, money and so.
Speaker 1: Forth that's the big difference between the.
Speaker 3: Two, well it's kind of like the wild Wild west out. THERE i get the impression of with regard to, crypto there's some kind of new cryptocurrency coming out every five, minutes AND i don't know what the regulation is going to do to change that, reality other than to provide some sort of oversight monitoring of it so they can collect tax dollars so they can prevent money. LAUNDERING i, MEAN i GUESS i have more questions now THAN i had before we.
Speaker 2: Started, YEAH i think all of the things really so there are no answers right now, currently which is literally why they're calling this The Crypto rules of The Road, bill because they're just starting to define this. Thing so generally, speaking When republicans look at this and you Have Cynthia loomis And Tim, scott they're looking for clear guidelines that LIMIT sec. Authority the things that they're. After they want to support the exchanges Like Cornbased Kraken, gemini who have long pushed for clarity between the sea see in THE, cftc crypto ad advocacy groups like The Blockchain, association and they're they're all supporting the idea that there should be government but not too. Much but on the other, hand those who. DISAGREE sec Chair Gary gensler go. Figure he strongly opposes any framework that's going to weaken his authority to govern these, things and he's saying that most digital assets are, securities and they already fall under existing securities. Laws we don't need to set up anything. New and he's supported by people Like Elizabeth warren And Brad, sherman and they feel that crypto poses systemic financial and national security risks because of the way that you can move money around quickly and kind of hide. It so there's money launderings, concerns tax evasion, scams and just a speculative nature of crypto assets has some people kind of up in arms as to you, know whether they want to support this or.
Speaker 3: Not all, Right Brian, james always appreciate the information and you're helping me understand.
Speaker 1: It at LEAST.
Speaker 3: I can do good to have you on Every monday here For Money monday With Brian, James Mollworth. Financial thanks All worth for loaning out for a. While, well AND i hope you have a great.
Speaker 1: Week.
Speaker 3: Brian, hi you, too have a go one eight twenty seven right now if you five k see the talk. Station interesting investigative story from The Ohio Press network president and editor in chief is going to join. Us jack Wins or joins a program talking about This ohio family farm in a fight with the, county fighting for food. Freedom that'll be next fifty FIVE.
Speaker 13: Krc The Simply Money minute is sponsored By Emory Petred channel.
Speaker 3: Nine weather forecast widely scottered showers possible. Today severe thunderstorms are possible this.
Speaker 1: Afternoon end of the. Evening damaging winds and isolated flooding are possible as. Well eighty eight for the.
Speaker 3: High seventy two overnight with mostly cloudy. Skies maybe some showers in the morning. Tomorrow otherwise a partly cloudy day with a high of eighty. Six clear overy night now of sixty six and a high of eighty eight On wednesday with mostly sunny.
Speaker 1: Skies it's seventy five right, now in time for traffic from THE Uco Traffics.
Speaker 12: Center The university Of Cancer center hands the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the. Nation the future of can their care is here called five one three five eighty five.
Speaker 1: U se CE se traffick looking much.
Speaker 12: Better southbound seventy one Across Fort Washington way had an accident in the left lane. Earlier southbound seventy five continues heavy out Of, lachland then from just below as their charles to the Brand spence with an accident on both. Shoulders Chuck ingram on fifty FIVE kr see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Thirty one come on an eight thirty two pick about Ker city taw. Station, SADLY i guess we won't be talking about the shutting down of these private.
Speaker 1: Farms jack windsor not.
Speaker 3: Available Apparently joe tried desperately to reach him after it had have been confirmed anyway it was involving private member association. Farms AND i know this is something That Congressman Thomas massey advocates for the right for you to choose and buy food from wherever the hell you. Want but apparently crackdowns are well abundant in the state Of. Ohio farm On central is the name of this One Warren, county and The Prosecutors office went there and shut them. Down the facts behind the shutdown a little, murky but they did settle the litigation with promising to run a new city waterline and. Repainting they're, cooler as well as complying in other ways not specifically. Articulated so they have members and they sell, meat, eggs, milk, slushies other pantry staples in addition to, produce and so they were told they weren't allowed to sell a lot of the stuff based upon some alleged. Violation so it seems a little invasive and intrusive for the prosecutor's office to go after a private. Farm you make your own choices when it comes to your, food and they're already at, work maybe going to be passing some legislation to free the farmer from these onerous rules and. Regulation so, anyhow that's the gist of that. One in local stories, statewide, anyway we've had this group on a couple of, Times committee To Eliminate Property, taxes which was circulating a petition to get on The november ballot to eliminate property taxes pursue constitutional amendment here In. OHILE i KNOW i always chuckle WHEN i say this topic out, loud as the devils in the details and the details haven't been figured out. Yet but, anyway the group then circulating the petition community to eliminate property taxes said it ain't going to happen this. Year they couldn't get the number of signatures they needed four hundred and thirteen thousand plus signatures by, today they acknowledged yesterday that they wouldn't be able to meet the, deadline but the, Spokesperson Beth, blackmar speaking WITH wcpo locally on this, topic said they're not letting. Up they're going to continue to collect signatures until they get enough so it should be on the ballot next. Year has had the effect, of AS i thought it, would lighting a fire underneath our elected officials In. Columbus so The house And senate did approve and negotiate a budget which includes what are described as a few modest. Reforms it remains to be seen whether our property tax bill will reduce as a consequence of these so called modest, reforms but it's forcing them to sit down and maybe go to work on lowering our property taxes BECAUSE i don't think there's anyone out there that can argue that they're.
Speaker 1: Well not too.
Speaker 3: High Uh man dead after A saturday night shooting A Walnut, hills one of the shootings That Christopher smithman was ranting about this. Morning forty year Old Jason Lamar bennett shot about ten thirty Pm saturday in the three thousand block At Gilbert, avenue taking A Uc Medical, center where he died officers were at the scene of the, shooting so that a man turned himself into officers At Dana avenue shortly after the. Shooting fifty eight year Old John smith charged with reckless, homini homicide and connection With bennett's. Death police did not confirm Whether smith is a man who turned himself in On saturday. Night investigation is described as ongoing and they're asking for your. Help get in touch with a homicide unit if you have any information about that shooting five, one, three, three, five, two thirty five forty two and another acts of violence again when The christopher brought, Up police confirm they responded to a dry by shooting happened last night about a little after eleven at six twenty Five Main, street right there in art at Downtown. Cincinnati people in downtowns and say no The Bay Horse. CAFE i think it has a bit of a reputation surrounding. It they have apartments above, it but that's exactly where it. Happened apparently blew away the glass in the front of The Bay Horse. Cafe several people were hurt and taken to the. Hospital wasn't clear if they were shot or cut by the. Glass police were trying to locate the suspects. Vehicle no description yet put, out at least as of the reporting this. Morning so, yes it is a can be a violent place in. Downtown that's What christopher was ranting. About where is the mayor in talking about this and trying to do something about the violence that hurts so many communities In. Cincinnati it's eight thirty six right. Now feel free to call five one, three seven, four nine fifty five eight hundred and eighty two to. Three TALK tooun five fifty ON at AND t. Phone steer the direction of the. Conversation i'll be right.
Speaker 9: Back this is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio, station.
Speaker 3: Coming an forty one if if you have kercit talk. Station hope you're having a Decent. MONDAY i hope you had a good weekend as. Well looking forward to a week from This. Wednesday remember NORMALLY i do our, listen we do our listener to lunches the First wednesday the, month and since we Have Independence day this, week we're gonna kick. It so we're kicking it to Next wednesday and an opportunity for us to enjoy the fellowship together that we always, have and we're gonna do it At Wandering Monsters brewery and by all accounts a really good. Food i've had quite a few people, say, oh great. Spot they have great food. There so in addition to the big selection of, beers they have a good, menu AND i checked out the.
Speaker 1: Menu it does see.
Speaker 3: Mouthwatering so eleven thirties roughly the start time they're open beginning at eleven am On. Wednesdays it's eight two five to One Beachmont, avenue eight two five One Beachmont. Avenue SO i hope to see you Next. Wednesday feel free to call if you. LIKE i mentioned this earlier in the. Program you, know If Donald, trump they've had enough, troubles two people already try to assassinate. Him you, know he's hated by a tremendous number of. People hater's gonna. Hate of, course every president deals with some of. That he gets death threats all the, time like every elected official and every person in it who is a judge getting constant death. Threats and of course The internet makes it really easy to threaten someone's, life even if you have no real genuine intent of doing. It it puts fear in the. Air so now we have much Like Salmon. Rusty The iranian Site Grand, ayatola guy Named Markaram shirazi who happens to being ninety eight years, old issued a fatwah calling on All muslims worldwide to Assassinate Donald trump And Israeli Prime Minister benjamin At Yahoo, Great so to every religious fundamentalist out, there they now are a potential assassin Assassin AND i don't know how this The Secret service deals with something like this in a world filled with billions of people a large percentage of having to follow The muslim. Faith not that they're radicals that would go out and assassinate a foreign, leader but you, know there's enough crazies out in the world that this is a genuine. Risk, now couple that with the number of known godaways that came into our, country and we have sort of talked and worried and expressed concerns about sleeper cells and other evil doers lurking in the midst waiting to launch some sort of, attack whether The Chinese communist parties does it because we've allowed a bunch of military Age Chinese Communist party member men come into our, country or maybe some fundamentalist Jihadis. Iranians who, Knows but how does one stay on top of the threats that obviously already. Exist and then now we've got a whole brand new slew of potential assassins out. There english, Translation in the name Of, god the Most, compassionate the most. Merciful it is clear that threatening the leader of The islamic world as well as the esteemed sources of, emulation is a war Against islam court of The churanic. Verse, indeed the penalty for those who wage war Against god and his messenger this act carries a severe. Punishment strengthening the front Of muslims and the unity Of islamic ranks is an. OBLIGATION i consider it haram that means. FORBIDDEN i guess to remain silent in the face of such. Threats it is necessary For muslims around the world too strongly condemn these threats and to take appropriate and united.
Speaker 1: Action May god preserve The islamic.
Speaker 3: Community from the evil of enemies under the protection of The imam of my of the. Age May god hasten his re appearance and reward the righteous. Defenders so people are drawing parallels again with this and the Author Saman, rushti who did face repeated death threats and of course attempts on his, life most recently a twenty twenty two stabbing in A, Chautauqua New, york gravely wounding him and leaving him blinded in one. Eye AND i did the one that The iotola coman he issued Against Salmon ruski for writing The satanic. Verses he went then went ahead and, died Not Salmon, rushi but The iatola. Did and they, said, well once it's out, there you can't unring the. Bell it's out there. Forever and this guy's ninety. EIGHT i doubt he's going to issue a retraction before he needs his. MAKER i See terry's on the. Phone, TERRY i just looked up and saw you. There but i'mount of time in this. Segment i'll be happy to take your call if you don't mind holding for just a couple of minutes, here AND i hope you. Do five, one, three, seven four, nine fifty five, hundred eight hundred and eighty two three. Talk it's eight forty five right, now fifty FIVE k see the talk, station.
Speaker 6: Fifty FIVE krc Touchting en rules you wouldn't on weather.
Speaker 3: Widely scattered showers possibility for, today along with severe thunders from showing up later this afternoon into the. Evening damaging winds and isolated flooding our possibility with those thunderstorm eighty eight for the high overnight low seventy two with mostly clotty skies partly. Cloudy, tomorrow they say we may start out today with some showers eighty, six it'll go up, too down to sixty six overnight with clear, skies And wednesday will be a high of eighty eight with mostly sunny skies seventy.
Speaker 1: Six right, now time for final. Traffic Chuck ingram from THE Ucup Tramphink.
Speaker 12: Center The university Of Cincinnati Cancer center has the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the. Nation the future of cancer care is here called five, one, three five eighty. FIVE Uccc Step bend seventy five slows a bit at the lateral and From Mezer charles to The brands fence with what's left them an accident on the right shoulder before the. Bridge i'm no longer seen to delay across Westbound Fort Washington way from an earlier. Wreck Chuck ingram on fifty FIVE krc the talk Station.
Speaker 1: Hey forty nine fifty FIVE krcd talk station had a very Happy.
Speaker 3: MONDAY ta gotta go over to the. Phones terry was kind enough to hold over the. Brig Welcome terry to the fifty five car se morning should thank you for calling as well as holding.
Speaker 4: Morning made to another. Week but one thing you're covering overshoots The November grand jury indictment of The iranians that were sent here to Kill President. Trump while The democrats were denying that there Were iranian hit teams In america because The biden administration wouldn't let such people into the, country they came into the country under The biden administration and After President trump presumably won the, election and then shortly thereafter there's an assassination plot going. On you can read it on The department Of justice.
Speaker 1: Website so they came to Assassinating Donald.
Speaker 3: Trump and that was before the fatwah got issued calling For muslims to assassinate the.
Speaker 1: President, no they had one issued.
Speaker 4: Before oh did they with Solomin, yeah this is still going over his actions and his first. Presidency and as you, iterated they don't disappeared They i'm pretty sure by now all the fox quaws they probably have a fox swap manager over. There you might gonna CALL i ran a figure which one we're, on and then it'll kind of maybe help clear all this, up.
Speaker 3: You, know fair, enough but so so in, essence the One i've read about today THAT i just found out about is doubling down on previously issued fatwas.
Speaker 10: Basically or tripling.
Speaker 4: Down, OKAY i, Said i'm not the fox swat, manager SO i haven't, been you, know managing.
Speaker 3: That apply for the, Job, Terry, HEY i may have a future you may or they'll create a role a fatwah. MANAGER i appreciate the, information AND i think that one did fly under my radar that had been previously although it doesn't surprise me concerned he did Execute solmani with the missile strike that he's already gotten under their skin and we just added he just added insult to injury with bombing the nuclear. Bases so thanks for the, Call terry and the heads up on that. One and going back to this crazy crazy crazy democratic mayor oal nominees Or Han, mamdani AND i mentioned this earlier. Too he said if he was, elected he would fight back AGAINST ice agents conducting. Deportations fight back AND i USED i mentioned that during the in the context of these rioters out In portland that were arrested for very violent actions against, police one is facing maybe what was, it twenty years in. Prison and that's the kind of thing that needs to be brought up because if you are doing, this you're engaging riots, activities and you are harming the lives of THESE ice officers who are merely trying to enforce federal. Law like it or, not you could go to. Prison i'm surprised. That excuse, me the defendants are actually being prosecuted along these. Lines but somebody's got to put put their foot. Down maybe this foot is Finally Donald trump and his. Administration all these rioters are given a free pass for so. LONG i, mean you look at the antiphile, riots The Black Life matter, riots and some of these other riots that have gone, on and now the ones AGAINST ice. Agents there doesn't seem to be any. Accountability where's the j six like investigations from THE fbi tracking down every single person who stared at The Capitol building for. Prosecution you mentioned the amount of resources that went into that. Man they combed the, country they scoured the databases and records looking for every human. Being, Anyhow, Uh Mom donnie, said we have to stand up and fight, back and we haven't seen that from our current, mayor who has instead been working with The trump administration to assist their goal of building the single largest deportation force In american. History, well you, know considering a lot of people within the city Of New york would like safer streets and don't like illegal immigrants shouldn't be here anyway going around, murdering, raping, molesting and all kinds of committing all kinds of other, crimes in addition to soaking The New york taxpayers of all the resources so we can keep them fed and housed and shell and in.
Speaker 1: SCHOOL i have to.
Speaker 3: Assume that not every Single democrat takes the position of This Mom dami guy that we need to fight against the deportation efforts going. On but that's who you get, here in addition to being on, record is being very Anti semite or Anti. Semitic And New york has got the Biggest jewish population of any city in the entire, country AND i suppose you gotta let that soak into Because jewish people typically Vote democrats for reasons that have never been explained to. Me but, maybe just maybe this will be the, moment the turning point for The New York jewish. Population are they going to actually vote for an, avout anti semit someone who's been behind in in favor of the destruction Of, israel someone who've embraced and supported The hamas. TERRORISTS i can't imagine that resonating very well with My jewish friends In New. York we're gonna have to skin our popcorn out and. SEE i think Current Mayor, adams who is going to run as an independent or is running as an, independent has got a much better shot of. Winning and, again going back to the, PRIMARY i looked up the. Numbers less than thirty percent of The democrats In New york even showed up to cast a. Vote and these far Left, democrats these, socialists these communists in The Democrat, PARTY i, mean this is religion for. Them they're gonna be the loudest voice in the. Room they're gonna be the squeakiest. Wheel they're gonna threaten Any democrat challenger who does not share their chunk of cloth and the far left wing of The Democrat. Party so we'll have to watch and see how this plays. Out but given all the concern that has been articulated About Mom donnie Among, democrats generally, SPEAKING i think he stands a good chance of losing when people get an opportunity to vote and have a choice in the. MATTER a fifty five if you have ks the talk, station tune in. Tomorrow we're gonna get to a bright Bart inside scoop and The Daniel Davis Deep. Dive AS i, See russia has amassed fifty thousand troops around the Northern ukrainian regional capital Of, sumi Outnumbering ukrainians three to. One it's getting a bad place for The ukrainian Population ukrainian. Army they're running out of people considering the loss of life that's going on every single. Day i'm Sure Daniel davis will chime me in on that. ONE i have a wonderful, Day folks podcast at fifty five krsee dot com if you can. Last if you didn't listen To Christopher smithman and The smither, event it's right there fifty Five krsea dot. Com Thanks Joe strekker for all that you, do and have a great, day. Folks don't go. Away coming backs NEXT us.
Speaker 1: Happens, fast stay up to date at the top of the. Hour not gonna be. Complicated it's gonna go very. Fast fifty five Krz the talkstation