Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Wow, hard to believe it's Friday, and so much to do, so little time, Ryan, thank you, Thank you to Christy Burton Brown covering the show while I was in court yesterday. And you've got quite an all star lineup next week, right, I'm yeah. Of course, We've always had these tremendous folks who do fill in work when I'm in trial, and then we kind of open it up. Wanted to get some new blood in and add to our dream team, and we've certainly done that. So have you arrived at kind of a final roster next week?
Speaker 2: If I'm correct, Yes, and sometimes I am.
Speaker 3: We're going to have and all Monday and Thursday was great and newly introducing yes, the Sheriff of Weld County, Steve Reems Tuesday and Wednesday.
Speaker 2: We're looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic. Stick Kelly's I fantastic, great idea. Yeah, great idea, and yeah, I'll have a great honor to have all of them on the show, and the sheriff certainly.
Speaker 2: And I think we still need to fill on Friday though.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so just so if anybody has any suggestions, and we have and then George Brockler is going to fill in a bit the second week here. So that is that is fantastic. Sure, do appreciate that. And where to start today? I think there's only one place we can't start, right, And this is kind of near and dear to me. So this kind of lunacy, I mean when when the left does stuff, you know, just out of their crazy leftist ideology, and they do stuff that's going to get people killed, it drives me absolutely crazy because it seems to me, you know, you got this stuff that reasonable people can differ on policy wise, right, But the problem with the left and it is they just have this fundamentally different view of the value of human life. And we often talk about that, I know, in the context of the mass killing that is abortion, But this fundamentally different view of whether each and every human life matters, whether each and every human life has its own profound individual dignity that plays out in other ways because and I think with so many Democrats and folks who voted habitually for Democrats over the years, what they don't understand because they're not involved in politics every day, etc. You're voting out of habit and then they don't like Republicans that sort of thing. But I think what so many people who vote Democratic don't understand is that the people who control the party now they don't share their core beliefs. They don't share their worldview. So many of the people who control the Democratic Party now are secular. They may not believe in God at all, or they certainly don't believe that those beliefs should be part of politics, probably because the things they want to do in political office are different than what their own religion teaches. But wherever it comes from, they don't have what used to be this kind of universally shared belief in America or close to universally, that individual human life is sacred, it matters, it's important, it is its own dignity. There are these big statists who just look at the state and their lefty goals and everything else as being all that really matters, and individual human life just doesn't have any value unless it's their own or their own family members. And the way it's playing out most recently in Colorado is this crazy new law regarding drivers' licenses for folks here illegally. And you know, we've had that to a certain extent in the past, and now, believe it or not, they're expanding. And one of the reasons that drives me so crazy is, you know what I do for a living, and I've done now for over forty years. I help people who've had their closest loved ones killed on the roadways or unfortunately killed in other horrible ways, or like really seriously injured. And so when you get politicians who just treat that like some kind of joke, and they just treat it like it doesn't even matter, and they treat the people on the roads as an acceptable casualty rate, that stuff just drives me crazy. And we see the left do that in so many different ways, right And we've talked about a bunch of those on air. You know, whether it's legalization of recreational drugs like Krakawana, where you know the second you do that that you're going to have so much more death and destruction on the roadway. But this business, yeah, listen to this. I want to get your take now.
Speaker 4: Colorado's handling of the immigration crisis, as you know, has been roundly criticized by the Trump administration.
Speaker 5: Just last week, Denver's mayor was in the hot seat on Capitol Hill, grilled in front of members of Congress over the city's immigration policies. Mike Johnston was joined by other Democratic mayors to testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Now, state lawmakers want to allow undocumented immigrants to obtain a driver's license Cover seventh.
Speaker 4: Christian Lopez explains why they say this move could make all the safer.
Speaker 6: This bill is going to help a lot of undocumented people.
Speaker 7: A new law going into effect on March thirty first, will fast track the process for immigrants to obtain a driver's license.
Speaker 6: But not only are they going to know the rules and the laws of the road, but they're going to be able to get insurance on their cars and plates.
Speaker 7: Hurriya Valdez, a driving instructor at the American Driving Academy in Aurora, says it'll benefit the whole state.
Speaker 6: Many people are already driving without driver's licenses, so this gives them the opportunity to be able to drive safely and legally.
Speaker 7: Colorado already allows undocumented.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, I just have to stop it there. This is totally not right. I mean, this now allows them to drive safely and legally. No, ma'am, you're missing the point. They shouldn't be here. They shouldn't be here, and each time you have and I don't mean that personally toward them, I just mean they're not legally here, and by being here illegally, that inherently endangers everybody else because out on the roadway, no matter who somebody is, everybody out on the roadway has the potential to make a mistake that takes somebody else's life. And then sometimes it's negligent, you know, feeling to use reasonable care. And then much more often these days it's reckless because we see so much more crazy reckless driving, speeding, et cetera. I mean crazy speed, right, crazy speeding, and so much more impaired driving. And so no, it's inherently more dangerous on the roadways each time even a single additional person is on the roadway who shouldn't be here. So what this individual is completely missing or must understand, But it appears to be completely missing is that this serves as a magnet. This serves as a magnet. You say that you are living down on the other side of the border, and you are living in some really tough conditions. Your otherise a good person, but you just wanted to be in America and you're trying to decide where to go. Well, first of all, we should have border control so the nation can decide who comes in. But of course, once you hear oh, okay in Colorado, wait a second. Now, they just changed the law so you cannot only come here illegally. You can go illegally and get a driver's license day one. The old law you had to wait two years. You can get a driver's license day one. You don't need a Social Security card.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 1: It's a magnet. So think about what's happening. You have the left in Colorado going out of its way now, on top of everything else that's happened, going out of its way to attract people here illegally when they know that each and every person who comes here illegally, and it's not a reflection on them personally as individuals, it's just the reality of the carnage on the roadways. Each and every additional person here illegally increases the risk to everybody else on the roadway. And they know that large scale ilegal immigration is as to a certainty, going to cause large scale death just by virtue of the numbers and what happens on the roadway. And that's before you even get into the reality that when the Left does these sort of things to attract folks here illegally, they know that along with the otherwise good people who are still going to pose the danger on a roadway, they're attracting a whole bunch of people, smaller percentage, but a whole bunch of people who are already criminals and have already shown they don't care about anybody else's health, their life, and they're going to be handing out a driver's license to them as well. They won So talk about reckless disregard for human life and awful, But what can we do about it? I think there's an answer to that. Eight five, five, four zero five eight two five to five texts dam five seven, seven three nine.
Speaker 8: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Of Colorado's handlin of the immigration crisis, as you know, has been roundly criticized by the new Trump administration.
Speaker 5: Just last week, Denver's mayor was in the hot seat on Capitol Hill, grilled in front of members of Congress over the city's immigration policies. Mike Johnston was joined by other Democratic mayors to testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Now, state lawmakers want to allow undocumented immigrants to obtain a driver's license every.
Speaker 4: Seventh question, Lopez explains why they say this move could make all the safer.
Speaker 1: He got to stop it there, right, we'll get into some of the detail. He's what they're doing. Obviously, Democrats decided a while back, which was one of the stupidest things they've ever done. But they knew it at the time, right, that they were going to allow folks here I legally to have driver's license. But what they just did was make it so much more easy, so much easier, pardon for folks here ilegally to get driver's license. And they have to know this is going to cause a lot more people to get killed on our roadways. That's the undeniable reality. It's a magnet. It's obviously increasing danger on multiple other levels. But they don't care. They don't care. Their commitment to importing new voters from outside this country is more important than the lives of the citizens of Colorado. In their view, that's crystal clear. Let's go up to beautiful Boulder. One of the great choice for me recently has been going up to Boulder a lot because we have a big case up there, going to trib and in court there multiple times this week, and it's just such a joy to walk in there. John and Boulder. You're on the Dan Kaplas, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Dan. Have a question for you. So, I know many of individuals that have been pulled over for violations and they don't have their car registered, and they don't have legal licenses, whether they're legal or illegal, but the police don't seem to ever enforce the laws on the books and like rebuke their licenses or take their vehicle away. If one of these people hurts, somebody gets in an accident, hurt somebody, do you can you go after the police for not doing their job if they've been pulled over multiple times they've and I've known it to happen to people because I work at a volunteer center. I'm not going to name anything. I know these people don't have licenses. I know their cars are unregistered and they still drive, and I know they've been pulled over.
Speaker 1: And yeah, good question, John, thank you for the great question. Answer is no, and it's fascinating. I mean, we could spend several days on this fascinating body of law that's grown up, I believe, originally to the US Supreme Court, obviously of different individual state governmental immunity acts, but essentially no, and thank you. What the clear law is at this point unless an individual state somewhere is carved out. An exception is that generally speaking, you're not able to go after law enforcement civilly civil lawsuit for inaction like that, for failing to enforce a particular law, for example. My starting point though, would be to not be critical of individual law enforcement officers or anything like that. I think what's happening across this nation, except for a few bastions of sanity, is the individual officers have been put in an impossible situation by politicians and they get put there in a lot of different ways. Right, And so if you're talking about your real cops on the street, etc. Like my dad was, no that they're just required to follow the policies that are handed down. If you're talking about the people at the highest political levels of law enforcement, then yeah, a lot of those people have become politicians and decisions are being made based on political ideology of say, the mayor in the particular area, rather than on public safety. But please don't blame the individual officers, because I just think it's common sense.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I also know it from my life my dead a cop for thirty years in Chicago. Is the vast, vast, vast majority of men and women who become cops, right, They become cops and decide to take on that risk and a really hard job because they are committed to protecting people and saving people and serving people. And so, yeah, the crazy stuff, when you see something crazy, it's more likely a political thing that has just been forced upon the officers on the street. And we certainly see that with the left now, right, I mean the way the left has undermined law enforcement all over Colorado, and obviously that's intentional. Right, do you think there's a more openly blatantly pro criminal state in this nation than Colorado? I know, the knee jerk reaction is all California must be California, But it's hard to imagine. How could you be more obviously pro criminal than Colorado? As I know you guys talked about that yesterday, right Ryan, when Christy Burton Brown is kind enough to fill in while I was in court. And so now, thanks to the left in Colorado, you can get a pr bond on some sex offenses. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: On a much lighter note, I know that Ryan is very concerned with the popularity of Michelle Obama's new podcast.
Speaker 10: Somebody of Note with a platform who you know, by every measure, looks successful. The first question is how I think this podcast first and foremost gives us an opportunity to hear from folks. You know, we're going to be taking you know, questions from from listeners who are going through through some things and just need a little advice on what they want to hear from people in conversations.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what we're going to do. You know, we're going to do the next segment, we're going to give advice. We're going to give advice any area of your life. You once screwed up, call this show and we will give you advice. We should be an advice show. Now listen, come on. We've we've been around a while, We've lived life, We've learned a few things, some by trial and error.
Speaker 2: Combine one hundred and seventeen years you and me.
Speaker 1: But I think we are I think, I think, and to the matter, I think, I think we can give some advice. And if we don't know the answer, Kelly does so. Inspired by Michelle Obama words I don't think I've ever spoken before, inspired by Michelle Obama. This next segment entirely devoted to giving you advice on anything under the sun. It's a family show, so we'd ask that if it's in that area, that you speak in generalities, but we'll get the gist and we'll be able to give you good advice in really every aspect of your life. And it's certainly worth what you're going to pay for it. Three h three someone three eight two five five text dam five seven seven three nine Dan Knows Advice ahead on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, as a guy who's had the pleasure of being involved in the pro life movement since I was really kind of a little boy, consider my mom, one of the founders. In my eyes. Guys, you know that some of the greatest heroes of the pro life movement are people who've had abortions and people who used to do abortions. And we have a woman with us right now, doctor Catherine Wheeler, who is a former abortionist and just become a tremendous hero in the pro life movement. Doctor, welcome back to the Dan Kapla Show, and thank.
Speaker 11: You so much for having me and for everything you do for the pro life movement.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you that that is kind of you to say. And the reality is that, as you know, so many do so much more, and they do it every day and it's a lot tougher than talking into a microphone. Like they're out there sitting outside the clinic trying to save a baby and save a mom and they're just so many heroes, but and you're one of them. So thank you for popping on. And I know there's an awfu luck going on at the legislature that's a little hard to even wrap your mind around, but please bring folks up to speed.
Speaker 11: Thank you for that, you know we knew, and thank you with Amendment seventy nine that you were one of the people who helped us try to get information out about what our concerns were about the amendment. And so where we are now is the legislature, not all of them, but the majority are trying to put in state statute what they were hoping to accomplish with Amendment seventy nine. And so we've seen just a flu of bills come forward to put this in place, like taxpayer funding of abortion, special protections for abortion providers. But on our side, we're just trying to protect women. We're trying to protect the medical professionals, and unfortunately, every one of the bills we've brought has been killed in committee. The one I would most appreciate talking about is one that just this week we brought forward a bill, and our thanks to Representative Bottoms who went to that for us and for women, say, but to regulate, because we have no clinic regulation, licensure, or even credentialing processes to be sure that abortionists actually have the training and the skills to do that safely. And so we brought forward a bill to regulate second and third trimester abortion facilities specifically because they are so much more risky than first trimester ones, and we've actually had a death in Colorado this year. We know there's been quite a few complications, but because there's no regulation, nobody looks into it, which is just a tragedy and we know this is just the tip of the iceberg. But again, unfortunately it failed in committee despite testimonies including somebody who knew specifically about the young woman who died, and presenting all of the evidence with none of it refuted by the abortion industry, and still they voted it down on party. So that's where our heart is this week, is our concerns for women, especially being in the abortion destination state. Our most recent data was thirty percent of women who have abortions in Colorado come from out of state, and we are, of course well known for late abortions. We have a lot of late abortions, and they have no idea they're coming. It's like the wild West. They have no idea, they're coming to unsafe places that put them at rest.
Speaker 1: Well, doctor Catherine Whelier, I guess I mean by nature, the abortion industry just by definition doesn't care about human life, right, So there's no reason to sit here and think that, in my opinion, that they'd care about the life of the mother, right, because they don't. They know they're taking an innocent human life, and that half of those are female to begin with. So I guess it doesn't shock me that they would be opposing your great bill designed to protect mothers even while they're having abortions. I mean, I think it's just there their mentality.
Speaker 11: Well, we got hoped because they do like to proclaim that they really do care about women and there afore women and you know, having been on that side, you literally believe that stuff. But we have hoped that if you really care about women, all of us who've done I did second trimester abortions, I can tell you how dangerous they are and it's crazy to do those outside of a regulated facility, like who would want healthcare that's not regulated? So we had hoped that this would be common ground because we believed that both of us really cared about the woman and would want the best, safest care for her. So it was highly disappointing.
Speaker 1: And doctor keatn Wheeler, you've been so courageous and talking about the fact you used to do these abortions. What do you think the motivation is of most people now? Because I think to become a doctor just kind of finisian. People have to be blessed with some really significant gifts. Right, So, anybody who's that intelligent, that skill data, you know, able to navigate all those levels of education, et cetera. What do you think motivates them to say, Okay, I'm going to use my skills to go kill those humans.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, we've had over fifty years since grow versus Way and a narrative has been created. And if we don't train our young people better to understand the truth about the baby and the womb and their equal value and dignity and what abortion actually is, then they go on to higher education. And again I believe that most people, at least initially truly care about the woman. They see a woman in a hard situation and they're told a woman has a choice. This is just a hard choice he has the right to make. And if you care about women, this is one of the things that we do in medicine. They've worked really hard to make it. Quote healthcare, which it is not. None of healthcare takes the life of a patient intentionally, and that would include ephinasia at the end of life and other procedures. So you know, if you've beaten the narrative that women have a right to choose and it's just a hard choice they have to make. And this is what I'm supposed to do as a doctor, and so I'll just put on my blinders and help women. Now, I'm not saying everybody, you know, I think by the time you get to the business level, you know, the executives, now this is a money making proposition. But I do believe, at least initially, people have a heart for women and they really think they're helping them, even though it's hard. It's mind bob boggling, isn't it. But we've got to do a better job with our young people well, and.
Speaker 1: There's real progress being made there right because it seems to me anecdotally and in the polls, et cetera, that that young people are increasingly becoming more pro life. Is it because they know it could have been them? But that's been going on for a while. There seems to be a real movement there.
Speaker 11: I don't know the polling numbers, but I've certainly seen it, and I'm very encouraged by the young people who are noticing and we are starting to be aware. I think our biggest problem is that the word abortion is an abstract word, and for most people it's literally like saying I'm going to the store and getting something. I mean, it's just it means nothing to most people. And so for me, one of the most important things is educating yourself, like what are we actually talking about. It's not just a choice. It's actually a very gruesome procedure that is horrible for the baby that takes their life and damages the woman for life. It may take her a long time to recognize that. She may never recognize it because we justify ourselves, but it damages everybody at touches, including all of society.
Speaker 1: You know, we should start doing I want to brainstorm this. If you have some ideas, put a little structure to it. We should start doing like a regular class session here with you where you can just you can just educate everybody on the medical realities abortion. Obviously we talk about that the policies and the morality and legalities and all that, but but just have you educate everybody on the medical reality. So if you want to, if you're up for that, if you want to brainstorm a curriculum and we can figure out how to structure it. We should do that.
Speaker 11: That is such a fantastic idea. Our biggest hurdle, we realize, our biggest hurdle is that people just don't know. We know, in Colorado, seventy one percent of people can't tell you what the law is or what an abortion is. And if they knew, like most people who I say, may I explain I used to be an abortionist, like you should see your face, and that's what I tell them.
Speaker 1: Horrible, that cuts.
Speaker 11: I'm not for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be wonderful. Yeah, hey, and I'm sure you're real busy, but if you can brainstorm maybe what that should look like, since you're the one with the expertise, I'd love to do that. We probably will not have our seminar sessions on Friday afternoons, right, but maybe we'll do them on Monday or Tuesday. But I'll bet you there's a big swaths of the folks kind enough to listen to this show, you know, mostly pro life, but there are some you know, pro abortion folks too who will get something here they really can't get anywhere else. So please do brainstorm that. Let's start it.
Speaker 11: Well. I love that that would be my pleasure. Thank you for that opportunity.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, let's email and let's pin that down. Fantastic, Okay, thanks doctor, take care bye.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: How often should we do that? At least once a week? But because people can't get that anywhere else, I mean, just get the actual medicine from the perspective not only of and Obtyn, but somebody who's actually performed abortions.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I think she speaks with such a credible voice, Dan, much like doctor Ben Carson, who, by contrast, saved babies lives by operating on their brains, so he knows a thing or two about the.
Speaker 2: Medical side of this. And the doctor is just so well spoken. Katherine there, and it would be a very beneficial segment.
Speaker 1: And it comes back to the fact that the greatest heroes of the pro life movement are the women who've had abortions, the doctors who used to do them and are now pro life. And when we come back talk about anti life, the latest move by the left in Colorado to make it more dangerous for you on the roads. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 8: And now back to the Dan Tapless Show podcast.
Speaker 12: She found her place in the world again, and decided to take readers on an in depth journey through three hundred and sixty five days of becoming a girl, as she puts it, a girl that began her journey in a conservative Catholic household.
Speaker 1: He said that you came out at four, What did you say to your mom?
Speaker 2: I came to her and said, I think God made a mistake.
Speaker 1: I can guarantee you this. Any argument that is premised on the belief that God made a mistake is a losing argument by definition. Right, any time you have to start your bitch of oh, God made a mistake, and well, there is no end, there's nowhere to go from there. What are the chances that, okay, the creator of the universe and all human life made the mistake, or that I made the mistake. I think chances they're pretty good. I made the mistake, not God. And you know what's so fascinating to watch right now is, and we've got some other examples of it, is how following the Trump victory and the Trump victory and significant part right Americans pushing back against this lunacy from the left on trans stuff is now it's almost like a switch has been thrown and everybody is just able at least to say it now, how ludicrous it all is. And that's no disrespect to people who are males and believe their females or vice versa. It's no disrespect to them individually. It's just as a society, we are not going to become a society of liars, and we're not going to bend the knee to the left and say, okay, now we're willing to start telling lies and denying nature and denying our faith so that you don't cancel us. And so now that that bubble is burst right, all of this, I think to so many people just look so ludicrous, and you're starting to see it. And we may play some sound in a bit. Did you see Ryan, did you see that presser with this male representative Sarah McBride, who identifies as a female, addresses as a female where she's up there kind of ripping on Republicans for not being willing to refer to he as a female. And if you watch the faces of the women behind her, the women behind her, just look at their faces. If you get a chance this weekend to look at the video, because you can see that there isn't like the proud defiance that used to be there. It's like, do I really want to be here, because it's like everybody can see right now this is a man in address. And do I really want to stake my career and my reputation on saying that's really a woman? You know what I mean? And again, that's no disrespect to this male who wants to be a female. Great, knock yourself out. Just don't require other people to lie and say you're a female when you're not. And don't try to convert kids. Leave the kids alone. But McBride won't. So here is this congress person trying to convert kids.
Speaker 13: She went with her family to doctor and the doctor said.
Speaker 1: That she picture this this, this man who wants to identify as a woman. Fine for you, is sitting there with this room full of little kids. Picture all these little kids, they look like they're probably pre k or kindergarten, sitting there looking up to her as she reads this book and now tries to, in my view, either tries to recruit him or tries to tell them this is something you really need to be thinking about.
Speaker 13: Should she's a girl and everyone should see her and cheat her later a girl, right, which is to say that they should call her Jazz and they should treat her with respect and be nicer. But can I can I ask you one more question? So that journey that she had from people thinking she was a boy.
Speaker 1: Think about what's going on here? This adult male dressed as a female is saying, Oh, no, people just think she's a boy, but she's really I mean, think about this. Why why are you even talking to kids this age about this?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: What about innocence? What is it about the left so determined to rob these children of their innocence, to sexualize these children? What do you think that's all about?
Speaker 9: And the fact that.
Speaker 13: Jazz knew she was a girl to her parents and her friends accepting her as the girl that she is.
Speaker 5: That journey is called gene transgender And.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, that is sick. That is flat out sick. And whoever put McBride in there to try to indoctrinate these kids, Nope, none of those people should have jobs in education. What are you even doing with kids that age? Well, why do they need to be lectured to about transgender? And it's so good and it's so normal and all this and that in America's eyes have been open. I personally think America's eyes were open before but were intimidated and scared. And the election of Trump, I think the ads that ran during the campaign, right, that just showed how ludicrous it was through this stuff Kamala Harris had backed. I think that emboldened a lot of people across party lines to start talking to each other, you know, because you're sitting there, you're watching a game or something else and this comes out and say, yeah, that stuff's nuts. And then I think it was a huge factor in the campaign. So it's like the scales have dropped and now people are seeing it for what it really is, and that is a healthy thing for America. Hey, when we come back, very unhealthy for America with the left is now doing to make your roads more dangerous, much more dangerous. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.