Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. And we haven't solicited anybody on the talkback yet.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, Yeah, there's talk towna. Didn't we have a thing yesterday about the talkback where.
Speaker 3: I said I missed that part?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I said, well you want to do the talkbacker's up there? This talkback thing, if you're just joining us, is a way that you can lead comments for us and we can share those comments on the show. I think most people are familar with who know the show. And you d of look at me and you said, yeah, if you I can go. If you want me to monitor the talk back, I can do that. And I felt like, grudgingly, Well no, it wasn't begrudging. It was just like I felt like she was already overwhelmed. Remember we had all the fire stuff, et cetera, so I kind of just laid off it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well okay, yeah, well that's to that point. We've been pretty much wall the wall of the wildfires. But we want to bring back at least a segment that Gary and Shannon do to help you feel more at home.
Speaker 3: It is time for what's happening. Time for what's happening.
Speaker 2: A ceasefire deal has been reached between Israel and hal Mos, more than fifteen months into that conflict. The Katari Prime Minister speaking from Doha on the deal, and according to the Hamas delegation in Doha, the provisions of this deal include the complete withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Gaza Strip and handing over thirty three Israeli prisoners dead and alive in exchange for the release of one thousand Palestinian prisoners.
Speaker 1: President Biden spoke within the hour about this, of course, to lay out sort of how the US is involvement and what it means moving forward. It could be a six month deal where it's in phases. Let me get that out of my mouth. This will be happening in phases, and that first phase could take six months, and that would include the release of hostages, many of whom are American as well.
Speaker 2: And the President, Joe Biden, still president for a few more days, is going to deliver a farewell address to the nation from the Oval Office. It'll be tonight at eight o'clock Eastern, so five o'clock out here.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that you're going to carry it here at Canfi.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sure it will be a well, it's a self assessment, and let me guess the assessment will be positive. I mean, he's got the Chips and Science Act that he'll talk about with fifty two billion dollars to build factories and create institutions domestically to make computer chips. The American Rescue Plan Act. He'll point to that that was coming off one of the most devastating global health crises in years, right, and that was a one point nine trillion dollar stimulus package. He's got the Inflation Reduction Act and various climate initiatives, and that is transformational. I'm sure he'll talk about that. And then you know, the other side of Biden's presidency has has been talked about, and the Afghanistan withdrawal would lead that. I don't think you'll hear a lot about that. I don't think you'll hear a lot about the Ukraine War and Gazo or border security. I just think that you're going to hear about the positives.
Speaker 1: Well, and in that is his fifty years, five decades worth of serving this nation. He's going to talk a lot about that, so he actually already released a farewell letter. The other thing that we're looking at, of course, is the extreme fire danger in southern California. It does remain today and we're still looking at those wins. May not be too bad in the La Basin, but that's not the area that is of concern right now. So this National Weather Service Particularly Dangerous situation, it's the highest warning that the National Weather Service issues that is in effect today. This includes areas like Phillmore, Simi Valley, came Rio, Thousand Oaks in Northridge that depending on where you live, is in effect till three pm or six pm tonight. So let's just get through six o'clock tonight before we can kind of breathe a sigh of relief.
Speaker 2: And I should mention that there are warnings that include red flag warnings in Orange County and the Inland Empire, and again those are continuing till six pm for winds of seventy miles an hour. FDI banning The FDA is banning red dye number three in food and drinks. This is weird because I thought they banned red dye number three already, but I guess not. The agency saying that it is amending its Color Additive Regulations to no longer allow the use of red dye number three in food, beverages and ingested drugs. This is a twenty twenty two petition from health groups and activists. This should remind all of the various groups who try to make enough noise to get government change that it really does work. The Red number three, it's also known as red three, is a synthetic food dye that gives foods and drinks that bright cherry red color. It's used primarily in like candy and cakes and cupcakes and you know, frozen desserts, but some ingested drugs as well, and now the FDA is banning it. I remind you know, we always talk about regulations, and regulations are so cumbersome. These are protections, many of them. And when you get to some of these things that can cause cancer. That's what FD the FDA is saying in red number three is it's called or red three, You're talking about protections against the cancers that may emerge in the human population. So FDA making that ban.
Speaker 1: All right, we have our second sewage spill in Orange County, the second in as many months. So this is a stretch of Laguna Beach that has been closed after four hundred and sixty five thousand gallons.
Speaker 3: Of sewage spilled into.
Speaker 1: The coastal waters off Laguna Beach between Treasure Island and Table Rock at Aliso Beach.
Speaker 3: So they're now closed.
Speaker 1: Orange County Health officials confirmed this last night, and they put out a statement of course saying please don't go, don't visit, we have to test the waters. In December, I mentioned this is the second one in two months. In December, the coastal area around Salt Creek and Data Point was closed after about thirty three hundred dollars of sewage spilled into the area.
Speaker 2: So and in both cases it was the same thing with sewage line.
Speaker 1: Broke, sewage line break, yes, yeah, mis wild it's and that break, by the way, has been patched. So the sewer line breach has since been patched. Area beaches remained closed though for the obvious reasons that just stated.
Speaker 2: The other thing I was just going to mention is this is happening as people scramble for a place to live. There are signs of rent gouging spikes all over the city and all over the region. I mean, I'm talking about sixty percent jack rents. You go from you know, five thousand dollars to eight thousand dollars to rent you know someplace that would be this two bedroom condo in LA for example.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in a time of an emergency crisis, you cannot hike it more than ten percent. I mean ten percent even seems like a lot, but anything above ten percent is illegal.
Speaker 3: This is a g.
Speaker 1: Bonta's territory, the Attorney General, Rob Bonta, this is his territory.
Speaker 3: But this is happening so much. I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 1: We had a real estate agent joining us on Fox eleven News and he was talking about how he was literally he was online and he was seeing all of these apartment complexes suddenly boost their rents astronomically, even one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: It's completely predatory.
Speaker 3: It's so predatory.
Speaker 2: Happening. And so as you know, as you say, it'll have to be Bonto who cracks down. You need to just make a few examples of people and businesses and a couple of one offs, and it'll have a chilling effect on that all.
Speaker 1: Of the looters and burglaries that are happening in the evacuation zones, the fire zones.
Speaker 2: You know mentioned iHeartRadio, and the political analyst for iHeartRadio based in Sacramento is joining us.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: So many California issues that relate to the federal government now in ways that are so very serious and so very immediate. Welcome Gary Dietrich to KFI. Hi Gary, Hey, Mark, good to be with you.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I mean outside of Washington, there's absolutely no question. I mean, even now, these fiz of courses have exacerbated to Stephen mar More Mark, But the microscope is on Sacramento from Gavin Newsom on down.
Speaker 2: So what will be the course of things from here on out? I know there's no way to forecast exactly what the relationship will be between the incoming administration and Gavin Newsom and his administration. But how would you see things playing out? I mean, Donald Trump is going to come.
Speaker 4: Visit Oh, well, I don't know. I mean, is have we heard now from the president of the lex team that he's going to actually come?
Speaker 1: Well, I spoke to Hi, Gary, This is marlontez Here. I spoke to the board chair of Ellie County Supervisors Katherine Barker. She's the one who penned the letter to Trump over the weekend asking him to come.
Speaker 3: She was online with me last night.
Speaker 1: She says she hasn't had official word, but she says, knowing everything she's been told that she is very confident that he will be here next week. Of course, just it would have to be. I would imagine Wednesday or Thursday, after.
Speaker 2: They sweep up, after the inauguration parties, you'll get on a plane and come to California.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, to see the devastation. So not officially confirmed, but I'm being told he will be here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mar I don't want to surprise me, Mark. It won't surprise me and he comes, because Trump has done this. I mean, he was up at the Paradise fires during his first term, right, So I wouldn't be surprised at all if he comes. The question is going to be what is said now? Typically, as you guys know, it comes to Trump and newsom it is. It is the proverbial. It is the quick essential love hate relationship. Okay. I would expect there to be lots and lots of fire works up and until the moment he walks up those stairs and gets on Trump, Well, at that point will be air Force one right and flies into lax. But when they have been on the ground together, and this was true, and he came out to view the fire zones here in northern California, that is Trump. You know, there's a lot of cordiality, a lot of mutual respect, but there's also a lot of consternation, I dare say, competition, and certainly you know, conflict. I mean that is going to be if you want to say overarching mark, what is the next four years? Well, for Newsom, it's going to be two years until he's done as governor. What is it going to look like? It's going to look just like that. It's going to be. Hey, look, you know, I don't like you. I don't like the way you govern. I don't like the priorities you're setting. Oh, but when we got to work together, we're going to make it happen. And that's what I'm going to expect to see more than likely next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this all comes under the backdrop of the special session that Newsome call to Trump proof California, if you will, for the incoming Trump administration.
Speaker 3: Of course, the political fallout with.
Speaker 1: The House Speaker Mike Johnson saying Monday that Congress should place conditions on aid for California.
Speaker 3: So there is all of that to contend with.
Speaker 1: What's the vibe in Sacramento as it relates to Speaker Johnson's comments.
Speaker 4: Well, it's that's the president kong No, just kidding Bill Well. I think the fallout is what you might expect, and that is, you know, every jurisdiction that's getting dollars for whatever purpose from the level above it, the local to state, state to federal, never wants any strings attached, right. But I take people back to things like, for example, Gavin Newssan's homelessness funds MARKO Marlow, where he said, look, we're not giving carte blanche money to local government's local entities anymore unless you're more accountable for results. And that's what I'm hearing out of Washington. I don't know all and I don't think they yet now all the specific quote unquote conditions, but I think what they want to see is, look, we can't just keep funding disaster relief unless we see some more preventative measures put in place. I think that's where the discussion is going to revolve around. You guys, and I don't know what the devil is always in the details, but I would expect that to be part of it now. Not for some immediate relief, I expect a FEMA dollars and other things to flow when he comes to longer term dollars, particularly in the rebuild effort. I think you're going to see some kind of very intense conversations about, Look, what are you going to do differently in California if we give you X billions of dollars going forward?
Speaker 2: I think there are a lot of us in California who want things done differently. We want the rebuild effort to be done differently. Most certainly, I want to ask you about the political fallout here in California from the fires as well. We've talked about the embattled mayor of Los Angeles. I mean she is taking on political water in a way. I don't think she can survive it my own personal opinion. But what are your thoughts about the news, administration, and key political figures as it relates to the fires.
Speaker 4: Well, Mark, I think I've told people, if you're a political person, this fire okay. Now, I don't want to take compassion out of this or understanding or any of that that comes first and foremost, But just look at raw politics. This is the exact wrong place to have a major disaster like this. Why is that Because it's the media capital of the world, it's the television capital of the United States. You have twenty four to seven coverage, and then you have all kinds of very high profile voices, particularly as you know, celebrities, Hollywood folks, who are raising these kinds of political concerns marked every day, and so it's really difficult to get out from under that bright political light when that is shining on you as brightly as not only it is as it is now, but it is going to be for months, if not years. And I agree with you Karen Bass, who, by the way, her name was thrown out even as a potential gubernatorial candidate in twenty six. I think there's widespread belief now in second that those days that ship is saaled, there's no way that's going to happen. The question now is does she survive her mayorship? And then of course when it comes to somebody like Newsom or potentially other constitutional officers, like what's going to happen with Rob Bonte he's talking about running for governor, you know, but what's going to happen with NWSOM and a potential twenty eight presidential bid. I mean, the response to disasters is always seen as job one for a politician. If you do them well, well you got kind of a leg up. For the most part. People believe Ron DeSantis handles their hurricanes fairly well. But if you don't, I'll tell you it can be a huge albatross, can be almost impossible to get beyond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you brought it to celebrity point, and of course many of them lost their homes in the Palisades fire and particularly but by and large, Hollywood is like California, overwhelmingly royal blue. Right, But even now we're seeing some celebrities who maybe have been like that, sort of turning against that royal blue, if you will.
Speaker 2: And even within royal blue, there are options beyond Karen.
Speaker 3: Bash exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, this leadership matters, I think, is the moral of the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You know, Willie Brown, famous, the former Speaker Assembly, widely seen as probably the most powerful, you know, member of the of the you know chambers under the Dome here in Sacramento for decades and decades. You know, famous you said, basically, you've got to polae fifty one percent of the people in your district and you know a majority of people in your house. And I got to tell you, you know, there are a lot of these individual legislators right they're back up. The Assembly has to run every two years. House members have to run every two years. We're twenty two months away from the midterm election. These people are going to have some answering to do, you know. That's that's why I think there was a lot of concern here in Sakna but about tying this funding for you know, a special session for the fires to a special anti Trump funding session, because the last one was seen this primarily symbolic. It wasn't it was not imperative, in other words, guys to have a special session in order to start, you know, the anti Trump lawsuits. That was not a requirement. It was seen primarily as symbolic and political. And I think that's going to be a very fine line that the Democrats, in particular in the Capitol here in Sacramento are going to have to be very careful about because I think to your point, Mark you know, there's a lot of folks down there. Even Democrats are saying, Look, if the hydrants don't work, if we don't have water to fight fires, if we don't have proper funding for a fire department, I don't care what the letter is behind your name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And I also think that there'll be a lot of I don't care what the details are. You're out at some point it's you know, stop with the explanations. You're done. So, Gary Dietrich, great stuff from Sacramento. Gary. Of course, the iHeartRadio political analyst to appreciate you taking a few minutes to talk to is today on KOFI.
Speaker 4: Of course, all the best to you folks and all listeners down in the LA area.
Speaker 2: Mark, thanks Carry, thanks so very much. Even as everything else that has been far shall we say forward in the foreground has been happening in southern California. In the background, TikTok is creeping toward possible shutdown on Sunday, Yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Last day of the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: The idea is that you know, TikTok is owned by at least a big part of it by Byte Dance. It's a Beijing based parent company. And the idea is that somehow China is in control of a lot of the information and data that comes out of TikTok and then makes it over to Chinese interests, intelligence, et cetera. Right, That's the notion is essentially that you're on an adversarial to be polite footing with China, and all of that data that then streams to the Chinese government can be used and weaponized against Americans.
Speaker 1: Now, if the federal ban on the app goes into effect, a scheduled TikTok appears poised to shut down the social media app in the US again this Sunday. The revelation comes after the Supreme Court appeared inclined to uphold a law that President Biden signed last spring on national security grounds, even as President elect Trump and some other lawmakers are advocating for an extension on the Sunday deadline. So, yeah, Trump really wants it because remember Trump hailed he Well, he's changed his tune a couple of times, but since he won handily in November, he attributes some of that to the TikTok world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to social media world, without question. I mean, he essentially musk weaponized x slash Twitter for him. And it's interesting because Biden, as Marla was saying, on national security grounds, this administration they signed this ban and the Supreme Court upheld it. And so now if it's conceivable that the band could go in effect on Sunday, and so when you went to the app, it would just say, I think it would refer you to a website. You wouldn't be able to get on TikTok if you went to the app.
Speaker 1: Well here, well, let's I think we should clarify. So under the law, a TikTok band was essentially make new downloads on app stores like Apple and Google no longer possible. So I'm not on TikTok, so I wouldn't be able to, but you are a TikToker.
Speaker 2: Just well, I do like TikTok, and I was a late adopter to it, like I wasn't on early, but then I got on it. And one of the great things about and Keanu can back me up on this or you know, set me straight on it, one of the things about TikTok is that they're short. So the way the videos run longer than just the sixty or ninety seconds that you'd see on Instagram reels for example, isn't that right, Kiana?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they use it.
Speaker 5: I think it used to be like thirty seconds or something, which is really quick. And then you know, during COVID everybody started using it and now it's up to like ten minutes. You could get up to ten minutes worth of video content on there on one video.
Speaker 2: So it so there's a lot more information, there's a lot more.
Speaker 3: I mean it again, you could learn a lot more.
Speaker 1: But then again, I mean that's where a lot of people get their news these days, which as a news person kind of scares me, right.
Speaker 2: Right, and what we say you can learn a lot more. I mean, it's not necessarily a learning tool. It could be a total just a time suck.
Speaker 3: Oh well, yeah, I mean you can.
Speaker 1: That's why brain rot was one of the words of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean, there is there's that.
Speaker 1: But what I want to clarify though, while the app would be banned, you as an existing user could still access and use the app, but you will not be able to update the app, so eventually it would likely degrade and stop working over time.
Speaker 2: Now, would you like me to tell you what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Please please look into your crystal and tell.
Speaker 2: Us here's here's what I think is going to happen. I don't know, but I think for the reasons that Marla has said, there are so many users and Trump has immense buy in there with so many Trump supporters and so much Trump support generally coming from that world as well. I believe he and he's already demonstrated this in public remarks. He likes TikTok again. He went from not liking it to liking it, but now he likes it. He's going to be president on Monday, and I believe that he'll see to it that TikTok continues. And the way that it will likely happen will be in the American way. It'll be gifted to a rich guy. And you've got a lot of rich guys who are now circling like Kevin Trump.
Speaker 3: Kevin O'Leary from Shark Tank.
Speaker 2: Great example, I mean, celebrity guy like that. But you also have Elon Musk who's very close to Trump. You also have Zuckerberg, you have Base. These are all people who have encircled Trump at mar Lago and are connecting with him in a way that clearly is agenda driven. They want to make sure that they're on the right side of the incoming president. And so he could put together a consortium, a group of people, a coalition of many of these social media guys, or he could just gift it to Musk again and one way or another, TikTok would survive, and it would survive under the regime of again one or many of these guys that we've mentioned.
Speaker 1: Well, canub do you know anything about these sort of the new video apps that are trying to take its place because people are panicked about Sunday so because replacing TikTok is not going to be simple. But Lemon eight, lemon and then the number eight and red Note those became the top most downloaded downloadable apps this week as people await official news from the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: Canon do you know anything about.
Speaker 5: The I know, so when Lemonade first came out, like I don't know, a couple of years ago, I downloaded it. And it's another version of Pinterest, but for like Instagram, it's it's like a mix of Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok in the format of Instagram. It's really weird. I don't see like the Hap Yeah and Red No. I'm not too familiar on Red No. I just learned about that like last night when I was, you know, looking at the news and stuff and seeing you know, where people were going and flocking to with this TikTok band. The only two that I really am familiar with is YouTube shorts, Instagram or Instagram reels, and then Snapchat. A little bit about Snapchat, I kind of felt that fell off the face of the planet for me. But Instagram reels and YouTube shorts I think have the most potential to keep people posting videos, short form videos like that.
Speaker 2: One of the things that's happened is in protest because again it's because of this sort of breach of America's privacy and China's going to have all this data. There is anger among the TikTokers that it's going to be taken away. And so what they've done is they are now subscribing and downloading Chinese apps. And there are a bunch of them, and they're in Chinese, but there are millions of people who are downloading them as a kind of fu to the Supreme Court and to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think this is bad. One app, We're going to download all of them.
Speaker 2: They're going to get all my data now because I'm so angry that you're taking my TikTok away. So that's being played at at the very same.
Speaker 3: Time, so the clock ticks in, it talks until we wait to hear.
Speaker 2: Very well done, thank you. You can find Marla on the Fox eleven News, ten o'clock news, and then of course the early show that you do also now.
Speaker 1: Well of late, we've been NonStop coverage from sure two pm to one am. But yes, normally you can find me at six pm and eleven pm.
Speaker 3: I'm going to confuse you to eleven.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought it's at ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: Then, well they have the ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's with Christine.
Speaker 1: That's with Christine. And then we launched the eleven o'clock. It'll be one year on January twenty.
Speaker 2: No, that's right. I remember when you launched it. Now, yes, I just haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: Most people, you're either a morning person or a night person.
Speaker 2: Harry, I'm a sleep No.
Speaker 3: We have regular viewers that hear from them. You may not be one of them.
Speaker 2: I love you, you know, I will watch anything you do. Yeah, and my show is that Mark Thompson Show on YouTube. Of course you can find at anytime, so we're live every day, but it's up there forever. The deal with Karen Bass, you know, I know you'll talk about this on Fox eleven, and this will be a conversation that is going to be played out here on KFI and in many conversations around Southern California in Los Angeles. I believe Mayor Bass is taking on a lot of political water. And you know, Marla, I just don't see her surviving this. You know the details of her trip to Ghana. She said she wasn't going to take any overseas trips. Then she ends up in Ghana on this trip at an extremely critical time. The idea that you wouldn't know that it's an extremely critical time, I think that's a kind of tortured logic. Now, well she did know, what's my point? Yeah, In other words, it's torture to suggest that you wouldn't know that it's a critical time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you can't logically say I didn't know this is going to be such a critical time in the history of my city, you know, And so for that reason, I think this is largely indefensible I'm sure she's trying to defend it. Her people are trying to defend it, they're trying to explain it. But at some point, as I was saying before, you begin to get so much momentum against you as a politician, in this case the mayor, I don't think the details matter anymore.
Speaker 1: You're done, Yeah, I mean you personally, your opinion is you don't think that she will survive.
Speaker 3: No, what it's going to take a few months.
Speaker 1: Perhaps there is that change dot org petition that has been circulating that started off and gosh, let me just look what dated this.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: But in the last few days and already one hundred and forty three thousand plus people have signed this petition and order it for really to take on weight, it needs one hundred and eighty thousand.
Speaker 3: I think it'll get there.
Speaker 1: But it may not even need this change dot org petition to your point, because there are it just seems one each day there's sort of a new wrinkle in it for her and how she's handling it, beginning with when she first landed back from Ghana, and yes, she was ambushed by a reporter and it lasted for what two and a half minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's on that jetway. I get it. The reporter is a jerk. Okay, he's saying, don't you think you owe the people of Los Angeles an apology for a way? I get it seeing he's being a jerk, But that doesn't mean you can stonewallet you're an experienced politician. You have to blow back on situations that you can even say, Hey, I know you're being a jerk right now at a time that you're exploiting for your own media of virality. You want this to go viral, But the reality is my city's in trouble. I'm back here now to take care of business. I've been in touch with my people. Whatever you want to say, you can't just stand there on the jetway. I mean, I thought that was a failing and I'm glad you mentioned it, because these things come down to key moments for politicians that will never be forgotten. And that's one of them and the other. It reminds me of Gavin Newsom at that French laundry. I mean, there are it has that feeling to Yeah, there's no getting around the French laundry. It's going to constantly come up in Gavin Newsom's political currenter.
Speaker 3: That didn't bring him down. No, well, there was a recall.
Speaker 2: It damaged him. It damaged him and it will continue to damage him. I mean, it continued. It was reputationally harmful to him.
Speaker 3: Would you say that, Yeah, I would for sure.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is he's still the governor and he will be the governor until twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: What happens next with him remains to be seen.
Speaker 2: But you know, so this Ghana trip is what I'm saying. The Ghana trip is going to be her French laundry. It's going to be the thing that leaves too big a stink on her politically for her to survive it.
Speaker 1: Well, you bring that up because the French laundry thing was captured. We broke that at Fox eleven, our reporter Bill Malusian, he's now with Fox News.
Speaker 3: He got his hands on those photos.
Speaker 1: And now there's photos that have surfaced of Bass at an embassy cocktail party in Ghana the night of or the day of when the fires erupted January the seventh, and she left to go abroad on January the fourth. And again those optics of the pictures in Ghana while her city's burning, and knowing that on January fourth, the meteorologists had already forecasted life threatening wins.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, and that's the key. You knew on January fourth that the city and your constituents were going to be threatened by potentially an unprecedented weather event. You have to cancel your participation in that Ghana trip. I get it, the President wanted you to do it. You were reluctant, whatever you want to say, but the reality is you've got to cancel your participation in that event. You just have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she didn't, and now the fallout. She's back here and she's been here. She's been here since January the eighth. She came here more than twenty four hours after returning from Ghana. It took about twenty four hours for her to get home. And since then though, we have asked her for interviews and she has declined interviews, and I can only speak for us here at Fox eleven. But you know, she's been out there at the pressers and giving the information, but just sort of the splintering within her own administration and I'm including LAFD within that about the infighting between her and the chief of LAFD. Here we are in a time of crisis and it seems like everything is sort of going against Bass right now.
Speaker 2: No, you're exactly right, and I believe that these things, as you say, everything's going against her. She made this bed and she will sleep in it, and it will cost her politically, and it may cost her mayorship soon. It's another thing. The last thing I would say is her style is a very stoic style. You know, she doesn't really She's very good with the kind of a very measured approach to things. Sadly, I don't think that's going to serve her in this instance.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say that prior to this incident, before she left for Ghana, I think she had more of a warm demeanor, more approachable. I think that she was winning some political points for some of her work in homelessness. I know, John Cobalt, would you know vehement Lee disagree with me. But ever since landing back here, I think she's been more on that defensive mode, and I think she should take a page from people like a Tracy Park on the LA City Council or the Board of Supervisor's chair Catherine Barker, who's more of a straight shooter, and call a spadea spade say, I messed up. This is this is, this didn't go as it should have. That we need to do better. Call spade is paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah interesting, I would say it doesn't matter what she says. Now she's done.
Speaker 3: Too late now yeah, call Belt next.
Speaker 2: We'll be back tomorrow for Gary and Shannon. She's Marletteis. I'm Mark Thompson. Stay safe, thinking of everyone. We are KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app