Speaker 1: You're listenings CAPI am six forty the Bill Handle show on demand on the iheartradiops, CAMPI excuse me.
Speaker 2: What the hell you know?
Speaker 1: It's the last vestiges of this cold combined with the last mouthful of my.
Speaker 2: Toast, and now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle, and good morning everybody. Bill Handle.
Speaker 1: Here it is a Tuesday morning, March thirty one, Taco Tuesday.
Speaker 2: You know, it's been a while since I've had tacos on Taco Tuesday, and maybe I'll have some tonight.
Speaker 1: You have no idea. I try a Mexican restaurant around my house. Could not believe how expensive Mexican food is. So they give you a little tiny bit of glacamole with your tacos or inchilad or whatever.
Speaker 2: It was a little spoonful. I go, okay.
Speaker 1: And so I was taking some food home for Lindsay is there by myself?
Speaker 2: And I said, is there a little.
Speaker 1: Is Does it have a little bit of guacamole, you know, on the side, And I'll get one for you. Comes back with the side of guacamole nine dollars and fifty cents, and I'm going Come on, really.
Speaker 3: How big was the side of guacamole?
Speaker 1: It was reasonable size, I mean it was, yeah, it was reasonable size. Anyway, let me say good morning to everybody. I just thought i'd share that with you. I don't know why I did that. Good morning, Kno, good morning, gabl excellent, Hey will coach riber, Good morning to you. All right, well there he is waiting and and good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling? You know what? You're getting better?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My knee hurts like hell. You miss yesterday, Neil, God, what ended up happening.
Speaker 1: There's a little a little gate, that plastic thing we used to keep the dogs out of certain parts of the house. And I was walking over it and my heel hit it and I went boom, right down on the stone floor.
Speaker 2: My knees hit.
Speaker 1: I was lucky my knees didn't explode. And so I just have the sorest knee. Every time I bend my knee, it hurts like hell. But I'm getting better. I'm getting better.
Speaker 5: Wow, And thank you to go to doctor's appointment and all hell.
Speaker 1: Now we both went to doctor's appointments. Strangely enough, you went for a physical. I went for a physical. I met my new doctor because I moved. As you know, you were three and a half hours getting your kidney. You looked at Wow, Yeah I got a clean it is clean bill of health.
Speaker 5: Yeah good, but or not this fat full? His numbers looked pretty good.
Speaker 1: Excellent, And I went met my new doctor yesterday. A fan of the show. By the way, listen to the show.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: I don't either. But physical, So this is for guys.
Speaker 1: Guys, you understand this part of a physical exam is a gentleman drop your pants and we are now going to do an examination. Not quite as embarrassing as women with their pelvics, but damn close. So I'm about to drop my pants and the doctor goes, we don't do that anymore.
Speaker 2: I go, what do you mean? You don't do that anymore?
Speaker 1: Because statistically the Kaiser Family Foundation, which is huge investigative medical body, looked at the mortality rates and looked at the long term. He goes, there's no difference whether we do it or not. So we now have elected not to do it. And it didn't matter how much I begged him to do it, he just wouldn't do it. And hard. Yeah, so didn't get it. Couldn't do my jokes. You know I couldn't.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Do you know when I get the exam turned back, I go out. I hope you're both your hands aren't on my shoulders. I mean there's a lot of stuff you can do with that joke. I mean a lot. Took it away from me, the bastard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they stopped doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they stopped.
Speaker 3: Don't had one in a while.
Speaker 5: I called my wife afterwards and say.
Speaker 1: Please, yeah, I know, okay to me, Yeah, enough of that, enough of that. But I came out clean, bill of health, good heart, kidneys are good, liver is good. I didn't check my knees because it happened after mind, no, it happened before.
Speaker 2: I didn't even mention my niece. All right. Uh did I say good morning to you Amy?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 1: Okay, and good morning to Amy. That's the entire crowd on a Tuesday. Well there you are, okay, good morning. Okay, guys, you ready to do it?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: It is time for handle on the news, Amy King, Neils of Adra and me.
Speaker 2: Late story.
Speaker 1: President Trump gets elected and he promises on day one inflation is done. The economy turns around, the stock market's going to explode.
Speaker 2: Not quite.
Speaker 1: Yesterday the Dow fell by almost nine hundred points after the talk of the tariffs, and the tariffs are yes, no, yes, no, no, yes twenty five percent. No will hold off for a month. No one has any idea. And one of the things the markets do is they want stability. That is the number one thing about market stability. Stability, So no one has any idea.
Speaker 4: Well, they're not going to see that for the next four years. What stability?
Speaker 3: No, we're not.
Speaker 1: No, we're not. And it has come to fruition because now, and I knew this was going to happen, any negative in the market is now, this is the Biden economy that has to be straightened out. That's whose fault it is. And I'm thinking, is that going to go for four years? Whenever the market tanks or the economy goes negative, that's the Biden economy that we've inherited. Now on the other side of it, when things do well, is would that be the Biden economy? No? But you know, presidents take credit and they try to get uncredit themselves when things are bad. It's just that this president has taken it to a new level. Ooh, how unusual.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're moving on.
Speaker 4: Not much wiggle room here. The US House of Representatives is going to vote today on legislation to keep the government funded and at a partial government shut down. Of course, it's a continuing resolution. There's already one defector, Representative Massey and Mike Johnson can only afford one more doesn't pass, and the republic the Democrats say, the Republicans are going to have to do it on their own. According to House Democratic Leader Hakim Jeffries, this is not something we could ever support and says his party would not be complicit in what he says were cuts to social safety net programs embedded in the bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is Democrats versus Republicans, real simple, right now, and it has always been the case. Democrats want social programs, lots of them. Republicans want tax cut, pro business, lots of those kinds of policies and bills, with the understanding that the more pro business you are, the better the economy is. Okay, Democrats are saying, we really don't care about business. We just want to take care of everybody. And the only good thing about wealthy and business is we get the money from it.
Speaker 2: It's two different philosophies.
Speaker 1: The President wants massive tax cuts and somehow it's going to have to be paid for.
Speaker 2: And that's really what's up on this bill. You know, do you.
Speaker 1: Give does Congress give the president his bill? Well, Johnson says yes. Democrats are saying no. And as Amy just pointed it out, one more Republican, one more goes the other way. And this said Mike Johnson, President Trump bill is done.
Speaker 5: High stakes talks going on between senior delegations from Ukraine and the United States on how to end Kiev's three year war with Moscow. This is going on in Saudi Arabia while hours after Russian air defense shut down three hundred and thirty seven Ukrainian drones over Russia. So a lot going on. Two people were killed, eighteen were injured, including unfortunately three children, in the massive drone attack that spanned ten Russian regions.
Speaker 1: There will be peace, Zelensky understands it as soon as the United States cut off military supplies and intelligence. At that point, Ukraine is now reeling. And here's the piece. Russia will keep the Donbass region of Ukraine Eastern Ukraine about a third of the country and it's going to be Russia.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: And the only issue is how much security is Ukraine going to have? It's it nothing more, nothing less. You Russia is going to get exactly what it wants. Why because it has its new best friend and it is, you know, unfortunate.
Speaker 3: You don't think Europe's going to step in in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: Tho they are?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, Europe is stepping in. There's no question you're stepping in. The point is is that enough? And the strength of the American president and the American arms industry, as a matter of fact, I'm going to do that at eight point fifty how we become more important to the world because you have Europe. You know where that Europe gets its arms? You betsya, you yep. And so it's a lot of politics in that one.
Speaker 2: Let's move on.
Speaker 4: The Menandez brothers have hit a roadblock named Nathan Hakman, the La County DA came out to make an announcement yesterday. We had been talking that he was going to make some sort of announcement and it was well. He presented a case, a long one of why he doesn't think that Lyle and Eric Menendez should be resentenced now. Former District Attorney George Gascon recommended that the brothers be resentenced, which would basically mean that they could be out of prison. They murdered their parents in nineteen eighty nine at their home in Beverly Hills, but Hawkman says, the brothers have really never owned up to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they've owned up to the killing. There was no issue.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I think that Gavin Newsom is going to step in just because Hawkman says no. The governor has the ultimate power. But here's what Hawkman wants. Wants the brothers to drop their claim that they were frightened for their lives because of their dad, because of all the abuse, And Hawkman is saying that is a croc.
Speaker 2: And I want them to admit that that is a croc.
Speaker 1: And under those circumstances, by the way, which they've always maintained about the self defense issue, it just the jury just didn't buy it. So that's what's going to happen. I still think they're going to get out. In my opinion, I do I do with the governor stepping in.
Speaker 5: CBS has asked the FCC to end its investigation in edits of its sixty minutes Kamala Harris interview, arguing that the federal government risks becoming a roving censor, trampling on free speech rights.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting thing.
Speaker 5: Trump sued CBS for twenty billion dollars, claiming the edits amounted to election interference. The President had demanded a lot in his word of money to settle the case, which many First Amendment.
Speaker 3: Experts call frivolous.
Speaker 5: So what's the difference here, because it's not about free speech if it has to do with election interference, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, the point is is that the free speech advocates, the ACLU are arguing that what CBS did is free speech.
Speaker 2: CBS agrees that it did edit some of.
Speaker 1: The conversations where Kamala Harris had this convoluted answer and they edited down. So yeah, I know, so they edit it so it sounded somewhat understandable and non convoluted. And the Trump Trump is saying that alone is election interference.
Speaker 2: The problem is, so what you know, it's he won.
Speaker 1: So he's going to prove damages and CBS is probably going to settle for some mount everybody else did.
Speaker 2: It's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, you're going to see the FCC going balls to the wall. Because the FCC, of course is part of the executive branch. They were going to make a movement that that sixty minutes is going to have to move its the decimal point of the title the show to six minutes.
Speaker 5: You know how short this show would be if we edited you to be coherent. Yeah, that would be the show right there.
Speaker 2: Right there.
Speaker 4: Nothing good ever comes from people who get secretly recorded. This is no exception. Details, very crude details, including secret recordings, are emerging in a case of alleged racism and sexism by recruiting officers in LAPD. Between March and October, about ninety recordings have surfaced because of an LA Times investigation showing recruiting officers and supervisors reportedly hurling discriminatory remarks about colleagues and possible recruits based on their race, the sex, there's sexual orientation. Originally four officers were involved, but now there are six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty brutal stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do this at seven o'clock and give you a little bit of history of the LAPD in this regard, and it is not pretty it is not, so that story is going to be covered at seven the LAPD Shenanigans.
Speaker 5: All right, federal judge has blocked the Trump administration from deporting pro Palestinian activists My mood. Yeah, Mamoud Khalil Mamud Khali, who was arrested Saturday as New York apartment by agents with ice. And this all has to do with, again, the First Amendment. A little scary to think that somebody could be Listen, I don't want this guy here necessarily anymore than anybody else does. But that's got to be a First Amendment issue, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Because here here's what he did, and this is coming out of various news sources. What he did is he led the protests at Columbia University.
Speaker 2: He was there.
Speaker 1: He's described as a mediator, YadA, YadA, YadA, but let's say he's not. Let's say he led the protest and he went ahead and he occupied the building and he was part of this whole thing.
Speaker 2: So they arrest him.
Speaker 1: But he has a green card, and they take away his green card, which the government is allowed to do, but there has to be a basis, and they've arrested him, and what happened is his advocates. First Amendment advocates have gone to court and said, you know, you can't just throw him out. He's got a green card. You need some kind of judicial determination. Now, if he didn't have a green card, then there's no issue. The government can toss you for almost any reason. But this one, well, when they arrested him, he said, they said he doesn't have a green card, which he does. And so the judge said, hang on a minute, you can't go forward because they're about to deport him. So our government is going a little balls to the wall. And this has to do with anti semitism. And Trump has made it very very clear he will not stand for anti semitism. He is about as pro Israel and as pro Jewish.
Speaker 2: As they come.
Speaker 3: He said, leave my mishpuka alone.
Speaker 2: That is basically what he said. That is correct, all right.
Speaker 4: Black Lives Matter is being replaced, So crews have started work to remove the large yellow black Lives Matter painted on the street a block away from the White House. It was called Black Lives Matter Square. DC Mayor Muriel Bowser announced that the square was being replaced in response to pressure from Republicans in Congress, who were threatening to cut off funding for DC if they didn't. Now it's going to be replaced with something called Liberty Plaza, and we'll have murals celebrating the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bowser had a choice.
Speaker 1: She could either remove the painted black Lives Matter star saying and just between lives and matter. She could have put in smaller letters, letters at an angle and then and then one of those arrows coming through the word don't. Either way it worked out. Wow, I'm surprised it's not Trump Plaza.
Speaker 2: Now, no, because that gets in the way of the hotels.
Speaker 4: Because there is a Trump Plaza hotel, isn't there.
Speaker 2: Yep? You bet tons of them. Yep, all right.
Speaker 5: Federal jury ruled in Disney's favor yesterday, delivering a swift verdict in a copyright lawsuit. You had a man claiming in a convoluted way that the company stole his idea to make the hit film Moana.
Speaker 3: He says that back in two thousand.
Speaker 5: And four, he stay with me on this, he gave a story outline to Jenny, the stepsister of his brother's wife, and she worked for Mandeville Films, which had a first look to deal with Disney, as well as offices in Burbank, California, Disney's lot at the time of this company's dealings with this person. And he said that he sent her a story that was similar and sent her follow ups. And she said, listen, truth of the matter was, I.
Speaker 1: Never paid attention. I never looked at him. I never passed him on to anybody, you know. And his claim that he invented Pacific Islanders didn't fly either.
Speaker 3: That's a little different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Pope's improving, hope. Francis not considered to be an imminent danger from the infection he arrived at the hospital with instead of Attican source. They said there's no timeline for him to be released from the hospital, but Francis is continuing to receive the same oxygen therapy he's been getting in for the past few days. He's been in the hospital for like a month now and is battling double pneumonia.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wasn't expecting I don't think we were expecting him to bail out of this one.
Speaker 2: We thought he was going to succumb to this cono. There it go.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the song when Pope Francis came into the papacy that Gary did Gary Hoffman did. It was one of the funny. It was one of the funniest songs I've ever heard. And we actually should next time we do a Pope Francis story, we should bring that up. So Kono look up Hoffman. Pope funny, very very very funny.
Speaker 2: I mean Hoffman.
Speaker 3: One long line is about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't even say it. Don't even say it. We'll play it. We'll play it.
Speaker 1: And the next time a story comes up of the Pope, Okay, moving.
Speaker 3: On, okay.
Speaker 5: Missing University of Pittsburgh student clothes were found on the Dominican Republican beach where authorities believe she was last seen going for a swim. Sad story and they say there's no evidence of violence here. Her clothes were discovered on a portable beach bed that was close to the beach where she went missing. Twenty year old ilegal, permanent US resident and Indian citizen vanished early Thursday.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, sorry, asking lindsay if she got some sleep, Sorry about that.
Speaker 2: She having a hard time getting what the.
Speaker 3: Hell are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm talking and this show is getting in the way of my conversation.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Turn your damn mic off, I did.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I can turn my mic off. Okay, I was see it's that easy to turn my mind.
Speaker 2: This just did live.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because then she because she hasn't and I actually care, and she has a.
Speaker 2: Hard time sleep about anything that's true.
Speaker 1: But I pretend all right, Sorry, Conor, I thought you cut off the mic. Oh no, because we're in the middle of the right handle on the news. Yeah, I completely forgot. Okay, I got someone laughing in the background.
Speaker 2: Who slept well? Who slept well? This is good news? Sorry, Yeah, it's a horrible story. It is.
Speaker 1: And it turns out I don't know if you covered it, because I was asking about sleep.
Speaker 2: That this poor girl probably drowned.
Speaker 1: That seems to be all the indications, and it seems to be the issue. And she is, she has a green card, and had she not drowned, she would have been deported by Now, okay, since sucks, thank you, all right, We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 3: Good God, Lindsay got some sleep.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, like I care. I don't do I ever ask you that? Do I ever ask you if you've gotten sleep. No, that's correct, That is absolutely correct. Okay, now we'll take a breaking. Now we'll take a break. If that's okay with you or if it's not, I don't care, all right, Amy. By the way, how'd you sleep last night?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I didn't sleep great last night?
Speaker 2: Really weird? Cono, how'd you sleep? Good? Okay? Uh?
Speaker 1: And see we're you're going around survey says right? Uh?
Speaker 2: Will? How was last night?
Speaker 3: Like a log?
Speaker 2: Good? Yeah, lindsay, how was last night?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 4: Did this happen? In New Orleans? A US Border Patrol agent has pleaded guilty in federal court to having told several women to expose their breasts during interviews to get admission into the US. Did they get beads? He's gonna be sentenced on July seventh. Could get two years in prison and a fine up to two hundred thousand dollars. He admitted that he told several women to show him their breasts under the guys of legitimate search during virtual processing calls.
Speaker 2: His name is Tom Laikas right.
Speaker 3: Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's for those of you that have been listening to radio for a while. Anyway, he's in a little bit of trouble.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's a bad guy.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry he didn't check out the guys, just the girls. I'll be a good defense, right. Mistrial man was declared in the case of an Orange County Superior Court judge. You heard Amy talking about this during the news. He was accused of fatally shooting his wife, Whoops, in their Anaheim Hills home. Jury's jurors deliberated for more than forty hours over nine days, and it was eleven to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One holdout said nohing that one was a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And and you know what this means.
Speaker 1: Usually when there's eleven to one in favor of guilt, there's a retrial. And this is Todd Spitzer. He said, oh, hell, yes, there's gonna be a retrial. You bet you.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, why don't we do that nine to one one call? Just for fun?
Speaker 1: This Amy talked about this morning where a little girl calls nine one one because there was a real emergency going on.
Speaker 4: You run that story?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, why not?
Speaker 1: Just let's run the You did this and I just promoted it, and kno, do we have that call?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah. So as a four year old boy in Wisconsin and called nine one one on his mom. He was upset and wanted her to go to jail because she ate his ice cream. Yeah, Carder Berry and I get sne.
Speaker 1: I ate his ice cream.
Speaker 5: So that's probably why he's calling nine one one.
Speaker 3: Okay, did you call the police?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why kill to go?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, ice?
Speaker 1: So is there why you're upset? Yeah? Yeah, well yeah when he witnesses a murder next time, they're going to ignore him.
Speaker 2: Because this is the kid who did that. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 3: Ahead and a whole pie to ice cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: Cute kid, Uh Okay. Stocking up our neighbors to the north say they got to get ready for this four years of President Trump. Moosehead Breweries is in New Brunswick, northeast of Maine. It says it is now selling the Presidential Pack, fourteen and sixty one cans of its Canadian Lagger, one for every day that Trump is in office. It says, if the start of twenty twenty five has told us anything it is that it will take determination to weather four years of political uncertainty, and what better way to make it through each day than with a truly Canadian beer.
Speaker 2: Now I live, I've lived in Canada, I did for I.
Speaker 1: Went to school up there for a couple of years. And I have a question if you know Canadian the chances and this is one beer a day for the rest of Trump's term, and it's going for a couple of thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Two questions.
Speaker 1: One, I don't know if you've ever heard or seen a Canadian drink one beer that's like one potato chip. And the other question I have what does a beer a can of beer today.
Speaker 2: Tastes like four years from today? Neil, you're the.
Speaker 5: Food say, yeah, that's not Mike. I wouldn't, but I don't know. Maybe they said it to you like a beer the month club.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're the day coffee.
Speaker 5: Sure, what do you think Trump is going to start deporting Canadians?
Speaker 3: That would be hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would soon soon, I might add, all right, end on this if you want, I get okay real quickly?
Speaker 3: Oh did you were you talking to Lindsay or me?
Speaker 1: I was talking to you and I was out of time. Okay, on Lindsay, how was your sleep last night?
Speaker 5: Premiere The leader of Canada's most popular province announced that effective Monday, it's charging twenty five percent more for electricity to one point five million Americans in response to US President Donald Trump's trade war. So, yeah, they provide electricity to Minnesota, Minnesota, New York, and Michigan. And he says he will not hesitate to increase this charge or to shut down electricity completely. So do we Is that a problem if Minnesota, New York, and Michigan and don't not for us?
Speaker 2: It's not up.
Speaker 1: There may be a little problematic. Okay, guys, we're done. Kf I am sixty.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.