Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, Welcome, welcome Malcam. It's time now for our community connection. I'm Tom Davis and joining me by phone. Followings in the air, and that means October Vince is very very near mary Land.
Speaker 2: Men with Okam, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm great, Tom, how are you well?
Speaker 2: I can't wait. You know. I like a good street party.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and it's coming up on October fifth, on a Saturday between fourth and fifth on Dewey Avenue, and it's going to be here before you know it. We are on the countdown, yes we are.
Speaker 1: And you know what, this is one of the best outdoor events we got going on. You got it right here at the pretty pretty pretty time of the year and there's going to be a lot of fun in the air, a lot of things to do. But this year it's a more family inclusive. It's really something for everyone.
Speaker 2: This year it is.
Speaker 3: It's a family fantastic event. We have a certain deveener pubbet so we have numerous story times telling stories of the Dash on the dashun and talking of about the different cultures. If anyone has ever read of the love stories of Heidi, tales of the magical postcards about some children who travel to Germany and learn about all the German heritage and culture. We also have a special story time about a goat called Once upon a Goat, and then of course of the loved Hansel and Gruttle. So we hope that kids and families and parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters will come out and join us for a really good time. We've got a bouncy help, we have pissy decorating, pretzel making. We have these bags that the kids get to fill with all kinds of art supplies, storytelling of course, like I said, the pumpkin paigning, the acts throwing. A fun thing that has become a tradition now is root beer pong, and it's so fun to watch a thing we've played that. But we also this year have a root beer garden, so if you want to get a nice root beer, play some root beer pong, have a root beer float, then this is your October first. We also have a fun football toss game and then kind of an icky but fun sausage game if you want to throw the brought into the bucket God. But we also have a lot of things that are fun for adults too, we have amazing food. We have a food vendor called Get Toasted. People have seen that in my office for the last three months and they're like, is that like a bar cart And I'm like, no, it's like French toast, Like you have waffles and chicken, but this is like French toast and chicken, so it's kind of a play on beloved French Toast. They have savory dishes, they have sweet dishes, and of course we have Prices Meat Market who brings all the delicious German food. New to us is Jack Barbecue. We have Palace Rooms who is bringing their delicious vessels and some nice wine. We have Anything but Hate coming super and Mill Scissor Tail will also bring back their delicious beer. And in fact, I was just talking to Chris last week and he is going to have some wonderful october Fest beer that he's bringing. So we're very excited about that.
Speaker 1: This is going to be one for the books. We also have so much great entertainer is coming our way too. We do.
Speaker 3: We have the German American of Society Tulsa Dancers, they will be coming, and then we have three live bands. We have Blos Capella, Mark Schnell and of course the beloved Kings Cabbage, who will be playing traditional Polka music with some twists on it. And of course everyone has to do the Chicken dance at least one hundred times at Octoberfest, so we can't wait for that. We are also bringing back our very popular beer sign relay and our beer sign competition, and neither of those are easy, but I think it's really fun to watch the beer sign. You know, if people look at this one leader at beer and they think, oh, I can do it, that's not a problem. You know, with the mugs last it weighs quite a bit. Then you have the beer to it. And even my son in law, he's out of the army, who thought, oh this is no problem as you can use very strong. He was flooding at the end and his arm was shaky. I don't know if he's done anything to prepare for this year, but you know, start listing your ways and start practicing. It's not as easy as it looks. We also have a raffle tom, a really cool yetti filled with all kinds of German goodies and so it's a really cute. It's kind of a bright blue color, on wheels and so I think everybody will really like this YETI it's fun, it's very october festish, but it's also kind of supportive of the Bruins. So it's one that is perfect for Bartlesville.
Speaker 2: My goodness, you've got it all going on. Now, how do we get tickets?
Speaker 3: So if you want to come into the office, we are located at four fifteen South Dewey and Rose or I would be happy to sell you tickets. You can also go online at Okayan Music dot org of okmusic dot org and you can buy your tickets easily there. We also have flyers all over town. I believe that as QR codes on them that you can stand and do it that way, or you can do the old fashioned way and give us a call at nine one eight three three six nine to nine zero zero and we'll sell you a ticket over the phone. And I just forget to mention going with our family fantastic themes. All kids eighteen and under are free. Oh wow, that's our gift back to the community. That's our gift to students. We know it's a busy day. Bartlefeil has their of course homecoming there and some celebration, but we hope that you know, we're having it from twelve to eight on Saturday, October fifth, and we're hoping that maybe that's early enough that they can do both. They can come out and have some fantastic food at lunch and then go home and get time in time to get ready for their special dance.
Speaker 1: This sounds like it's going to be great fun as always, and of course with we have these events from time to time with Okay and music. This is one of your signature events. But this all helps out with the festival that comes up each and every year and also with the education programs that go on year round.
Speaker 3: It does it helps us support all of our kids programming and it also helps support our educational programming, and we hope that everyone you know gets to learn a little bit about the culture of Stay Germany in this in this instance that also has you know, a wonderful time while they're learning about it. There are just so many wonderful things that go on in the world and we want to share them, and of course our Mozart heritagage are very Bavarian and German heritage. We want to share that and we're very proud of it. I think it's just and it's a good time. It's wonderful music, it's time to catch up with friends, amazing food, wonderful craft food, beer, and you just can't go along. And actually I forgot to mention, we will also have okam, we'll have a special really call a little German shop, so that if you want to get your beer signs and your beds and your fun felt hats and the little tins that go on the hat. But we will also have apple spirittle, so kind of another way for us to do a little bit of fundraisings that also have the traditional German items, the incense burners, all of those things that everyone likes to collect, you know, Christmas ornaments and so on.
Speaker 2: You pulled out all the stops.
Speaker 3: Wow, to be tried.
Speaker 1: Every year it just gets a little bit bigger, a little bit more fun, a little bit more to do. And once again this is coming up first weekend in October.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, Saturday, October fifth, on Dewey Avenue between fourth and fifth streets, so right where our office is located, right next to RSU from twelve to eight pm. Children eighteen and under are free and please go buy your tickets at okmusic dot org or come to see us. We would love to see everybody at the office at four fifteen South.
Speaker 2: Dey, Maryland before we go. Do you need volunteers?
Speaker 1: I know this is going to be a big undertaking and you got a lot more going on.
Speaker 2: Do you still need folks to help out?
Speaker 3: We would love to have folks. You know, we can never have too many volunteers helping us set up hair down. If you want to come help usher in people to see the puppet show, or if you want to sign up to help work the gate, if you want to help work some of the kids events, we always need help and you know it takes an entire town these events, So we would love to have volunteers, especially if you need service hours at the high school for one of your programs or whatnot. That's a good way for kids to get those service hours out, or if you just like to volunteer. All of our volunteers get in free. We also give them a food boucher to say thank you. So I think it's a win win for both OKM and those who come and volunteer.
Speaker 2: I think so too, mary Lynn, thank you very much for being with us today.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Tom, thank you for always hosting us, and we look forward to seeing you there and again come see us on October fifth, between twelve and eight on Dewey.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much, Marylyn men with OKM, and once again that is October Fest coming up